Fusion Taste Team Challenge USA 2012
r authentic asian
We’ve made an e-cookbook
– no genetically modified ingredients
to showcase the best of our
– suitable for
2012 – packed full of their
vegetarians & vegans – suitable for celiacs
Fusion Taste Team USA inventive recipes, with hints and tips to add WORLDFOODS flavour to your favourite dishes! Which will you try first? In 2012 we recruited teams of bloggers from six
– no artificial preservatives,
states across America to become the Fusion Taste Team USA. They reviewed WORLDFOODS sauces
coloring and flavoring
and competed against each other to produce the
– allergens free
and find inspiration in their fusion dishes.
most engaging and exciting recipes and blog posts. We hope you enjoy their home-cooked meals
You can view all of the recipes created by the entire collective of USA bloggers here on the WORLDFOODS Pinterest boards.
ingredients o 2 onions, finely chopped o 1 lb ground beef
(you can also use ground venison)
o 1/2 tsp salt o 1/4 tsp pepper o 1 tsp ground ginger o 1/2 tsp ground coriander o 1 tsp ground cumin o 1 tsp curry powder o 1 medium potato, grated o 1/2 tsp ground cardamom o sprinkle of red pepper chili flakes
o WORLDFOODS Thai Sweet Chili
with Kaffir Lime Dipping Sauce
by Wendy Hammond [Michigan]
1. 2. 3. 4.
Prepare noodles according to package directions. Mix all ingredients in a large frying pan. Cook until the beef is cooked through. Serve over noodles and serve with dipping sauce.
ingredients o Steak o Salad leaves By Thien-Kim Lan [Maryland]
o 1/3 cup WORLDFOODS Thai Sweet
Chili with Kaffir Lime Dipping Sauce
o 2 tbsps sesame oil o 3 tbsps white vinegar o Salt and pepper
cooking instructions 1. Cook your steak as desired and cut into strips or chunks. 2. Mix together with your salad leaves 3. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar. 4. Close the jar and shake until well mixed. 5. Alternatively you could whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
Steak Salad with Sweet Chilli Lime Sesame Dressing
ingredients o 2 pounds chicken, diced o 2 tbsps olive oil o 1 can of water chestnuts, chopped o 1 bottle of WORLDFOODS Malaysian
Sweet Chili Coconut Stir Fry Sauce
o Lettuce leaves
Sweet Chili Coconut Lettuce Wrap By Deb Thompson [Michigan]
cooking instructions 1. 2. 3.
Drizzle olive oil in a frying pan, add chicken and cook until almost done then add water chestnuts. When chicken is cooked through add the WORLDFOODS Malaysian Sweet Chili Coconut Stir Fry Sauce and cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat. Spoon the mixture onto lettuce leaves and serve â€“ you may want to let the mixture cool, or alternatively serve it warm.
ingredients olive oil o 2 tbsps s, chopped een onion gr ps cu o 2 s, minced ve clo c rli o 2 ga shrimp, ed medium nces uncook pped o 12 ou arsely cho co d, ine deve peeled, pped cho , ro nt p fresh cila o 1/4 cu ed rsley, chopp p fresh pa o 1/3 cu juice on lem appers o 3 tbsps won ton wr ge square o 1 packa ble oil Sweet o vegeta Malaysian DFOODS DS e of WORL WORLDFOO o 1 bottl or e uc ing Sa Sauce conut Dipp e Dipping Chili Co Lim r ffi th Ka eet Chili wi Thai Sw
By Darlene Horn [California]
Wonton Shrimp Purse
1. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add green onions, garlic and sautĂŠ until onions begin to soften. 3. Add shrimp and until cooked. Remove from heat. 4. Stir in minced cilantro, parsley and lemon juice. Season filling with salt and pepper. Set aside and cool slightly. 5. On a flat surface, take one won ton wrapper and add a teaspoon of filling. Wet the edges of the won ton, connecting corners and pinching at the top. Continue to fill won ton wrappers until all the filling is used up. Alternatively, you can also just fold over the corners making a triangle but I guess it would not be a purse. 6. Heat a large flying pan or wok over medium heat. Add 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil until hot. Add a shrimp purses at a time frying until lightly brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce.
cooking instructions 1. 2. 3. 4.
By Mary Helen Leonard [Texas]
Cashew Rangoon ingredients wrappers nton skins/ o 15 wo w cashews ra p cu 2 o 1/ tahini o 1 tbsp 1 lime ice from o the ju lt aspoon sa te 4 3/ o ck pepper bla h nc pi o 1 soy sauce o 1/2 tsp uce or sriracha sa o 1 tbsp pper paste chili pe
ter 1/2 cup wa o 1/4 thinly sliced ns, llio sca o 3 er, minced t red pepp o 1 swee pepper sno fre a te (substitu ) at tra he for ex DFOODS e of WORL o 1 bottl conut eet Chili Co Sw an ysi Mala e uc Sa Dipping
Combine the cashews, tahini, lime juice, soy sauce, sriracha, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a little water at a time so that the mixture can blend, but try not to add it all if you can help it. 1/4 cup is perfect, but you can use up to 1/2 cup if you need to. Scrape the mixture into a bowl. Stir in the scallions and peppers. Heat the cooking oil in deep pot on the stove over medium heat. If you’re wonton skins are a little rectangular, take a moment to roll them with a rolling pin to shape them into squares.
5. Wet the edges of the wonton, then scoop about one tablespoon of the filling into the center of the wonton. 6. Fold the square wonton into a triangle, and press the sides closed. 7. Wet the two points on the long sides of the triangle, then press them together under the triangle. This sounds a little odd. 8. Using a slotted spoon, carefully drop the dumplings into the hot oil, one by one. 9. Let them cook until their little bottoms are lovely golden brown, then flip them over. Let the other side cook to the same color, then remove them from the pot, gently, with your slotted spoon. (Don’t use tongs, or try to get fancy with chopsticks and hot oil - you and your wontons will regret it.) 10. Let the wontons cool and drain on a dish lined with paper towel, or a clean, non-linty kitchen towel. 11. Serve it with WORLDFOODS Malaysian Sweet Chili Coconut Dipping Sauce
ingredients o 1 tbsp oil o 5–6 tbsps WORLDFOODS Thai Green
o 1/2 cup minced sweet onion o 8 oz cream cheese (soften) o 1/2 cup milk o 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper By Heidi Meek [Michigan]
o 1/2 tsp Kosher salt o 6 tbsps salted butter o 1 tbsps freshly chopped Italian parsley o 2 lbs chopped roasted turkey meat o 2 roll refrigerated croissant dough
Turkey and Green Curry Puff
1. Heat WORLDFOODS Thai Green Curry Paste in a small pan with 1 tbsp oil for 2 – 3 minutes. 2. In a small bowl, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. 3. In a large mixing bowl thoroughly combine heated green curry paste, onion, cream cheese, milk, pepper, salt, butter and parsley. 4. Stir in turkey breast. 5. Open up the croissant dough and leave two triangles together to form a rectangle. 6. Pinch the diagonal seem together so that there are no holes. 7. Take 1/4 cup of your turkey and green curry mixture and place it in the center of the rectangle 8. Pull two corners up and pinch them together 9. Pull up the opposite corners up and pinch those together. 10. Pinch the sides together to seal your now square shaped puff. 11. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and brush all of your puffs with the pastry brush. 12. Bake at 350 for about 20 – 22 minutes or until they are golden brown. Let it cool for 1 minute before serving.
ingredients o 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice o 1 12 oz package firm tofu,
drained and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
o 2 tbs peanut oil, divided o 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
and trimmed of leaves o 1 small eggplant cut into 1/2 inch cubes
o 1 red bell pepper, julienned o 1 jalapeno, diced
o 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and diced o 2 tbs WORLDFOODS Thai Red Curry Sauce o 1 cup vegetable broth
o 3 tbs low sodium soy sauce o 2 tsp brown sugar
o 2 tsp grated lime rind
o 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil o lime wedges
Jungle Curry with Tofu
] dley [California By Lauren Lin
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Heat large non stick skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add 1 tbs peanut oil to pan, swirl to coat. Add tofu, saute until crispy and browned, stirring occasionally. Remove tofu from pan and keep warm. Return pan to medium high heat and add remaining 1 tbs peanut oil; swirl to coat. Add eggplant, cauliflower, and bell pepper. Saute 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add jalapeno and garlic, saute and additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Return tofu to pan. Add curry paste; cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add broth, soy sauce, sugar and rind; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft. Place 1/2 cup rice in each of bowls, top with about tofu and veggie mixture and 1/4 a cup of basil. Garnish with lime wedges.
ingredients o 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded o 1/2 jar WORLDFOODS Cambodian
Pineapple Lemon Grass Stir-Fry Sauce
o 1/2 red onion, chopped
o 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded o 1 red bell pepper, chopped o Fresh cilantro, chopped
By Sarah Withers [Mar yland]
o Pizza dough
Cambodian Pineapple Chicken Pizza
1. Preheat your oven to 500 F for at least 30 minutes before you plan to cook the pizza. 2. Once all the ingredients are prepped, sprinkle a little cornmeal onto your baking sheet and place your pizza dough in the middle. Using the heel of your hand and starting in the center work the dough outwards. If the dough is shrinking back just let it rest for 5 minutes and continue working. 3. Once the pizza dough is ready, spread a decent layer of sauce onto the dough. 4. Sprinkle with red onions and chicken. 5. And the fun part, douse with cheese and place in the oven. After 5 minutes rotate the pizza and bake for another 3-5 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is beginning to get toasty. 6. Remove the pizza from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. While its cooling, sprinkle on other toppings (bell pepper, cilantro, scallions) 7. Once the pizza is cooled off, slice and enjoy.
By Mary Desjean [California]
cooking instructions 1. 2.
White Bean and Sweet Chili Coconut Shrimp Pizza ingredients
s ellini bean 00g] cann o 1 tin [4 c rli ga s of o 5 clove onion o Half an eet Chili OODS Sw e WORLDF o 1 bottl Sauce t Dipping nu co Co an Malaysi a dough zz pi e ymad o 1 read shrimps o 400g of olive oil o 3 tbsps to season d pepper o Salt an to and iut osc pr ls of o Handfu ional) pt (o ro cilant chopped
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees with pizza pan in it. Clean and devein the shrimps. Marinate the shrimps with WORLDFOODS Sweet Chili Malaysian Coconut Dipping Sauce.
3. Take out the pizza dough from the refrigerator and let it to rest and come up to room temperature while the bean sauce is being prepared. 4. Drain the can of cannellini bean but keep the liquid. 5. Chop up the onion and garlic. Cook the onions in olive oil with a sprinkle of salt and pepper until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. 6. Add the beans and a few tablespoons of the bean liquid. Add another dash of salt and pepper and cook until heated through. 7. Put the cooked bean with the balance of the bean liquid with a few tablespoon of olive oil into the blender. Blend the mixture till a smooth consistency and season to taste. 8. Sprinkle a little bit of flour on the pizza dough and then stretch and roll out the dough. 9. Once the dough is ready, pull the pizza pan out of the oven and carefully place the dough on the top. 10. Season the bottom of the dough with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Spoon the white bean sauce on the dough and plop the shrimp on it. 11. Bake the pizza for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
A great tip to spice up your favorite evening meals is to add one of our flavorful curry pastes - bloggers Erin Morgan and Kerrie Urban both did this by adding Red Curry paste to their macaroni cheese to give it a delicious kick. Why not try it yourself next time you cook Mac and Cheese?
Mac and Chees e By Kerrie Urban [Massachusetts]
hicken Cambodian BraisedCCouscous T highs with Giant By Erin Morgan [Massachusetts]
ingredients o 1 tbsp olive oil o 4 chicken thighs o 1 jar WORLDFOODS Indochina
Lemongrass Stir-Fry Sauce
o 1/2 cup of jumbo couscous
cooking instructions 1. Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium- high heat. 2. Place chicken thigh skin side down until skin is brown and crispy. 3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees while the chicken is cooking in the pan. 4. Flipped over the chicken and poured the whole jar of WORLDFOODS Indochina Cambodian Pineapple Lemongrass Stir-Fry Sauce. 5. Let the chicken simmer until it comes to a slow boil, then transferred the chicken to the oven and let is roast for 40 minutes 6. As the chicken is roasting in the oven, prepare the jumbo couscous according to the direction.
By Anne Gustke [New York]
Easy Thai Pork with Coconut Galangal Sauce cooking instructions
d onion and n it is hot ad in wok.Â Whe 1. Heat oil r 2 minutes. stir fry for stir fry fo hrooms and lant and mus 2. Add eggp . with pork 2 minutes ppers along tes. and green pe 3. Add red r 2 more minu fo gal fry r sti d an conut Galan tenderloin ODS Thai Co FO LD OR W in t cream, fish nu co co e th 4. Now stir with sauce along cooking d bok choy. rve over rice. sauce an wilts and se the bok choy 5. Cook until
ingredients o 2 tbsps olive oil o 1/2 onion, chopped o 1/2 green pepper, chopped o 1/2 red pepper, chopped o 5 mushrooms, sliced o 1/2 eggplant, cubed o 1 cup bok choy, shredded o 1/2 lb cooked pork tenderloin, sliced o 3/4 cup WORLDFOODS Thai Coconut
Galangal Cooking Sauce
o 3 T coconut cream o 1/2 tbsps fish sauce o salt and pepper to taste
ingredients o 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, thinly sliced o 2 tbsps vegetable oil o 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced o 1/2 lb sugar snaps, strings removed o 2 carrots, peeled and sliced on a diagonal o 1 jar WORLDFOODS Indochina Cambodian
Pineapple Lemon Grass Stir Fry
Easy Indochina Cambodian Pineapple Lemongrass S tir-Fry By Sharon Sprague [Massachusetts]
1. 2. 3. 4.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over high heat. Add half the chicken;
cook and stirring constantly, until opaque throughout (2-4 minutes). Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan, along with the onion, sugar snaps and carrots. Cook, stirring constantly until onion is tender and golden. Add the jar of stir fry sauce and chicken (and any accumulated juices) back into pan and heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce is heated through and slightly thickened. Serve over rice or noodles.
By Rachelle King [Texas]
Gluten Free Malaysian Rendang Pulled Pork ingredients o 2 lbs pork shoulder o 1 12 oz jar of WORLFFOODS
Malaysian Rendang Curry Cooking
Sauce o 4 tablespoons of fresh grated ginger o 1 bunch of cilantro o 1 cups of chicken stock o 2 cups of water o 2 cups of rice (I prefer to use
Nishiki Rice however you can use
any rice brand)
cooking instructions 1. 2. 3. 4.
Sear off the pork shoulder in a cast iron skillet to bring out the natural flavors of the meat. Placed the pork shoulder in the crock pot on high, adding in WORLDFOODS Malaysian Rendang sauce, water, chicken stock and add in 1/2 of the fresh grated ginger. Let the pork slow cooked for 4-5 hours. Rinse the rice over and over until the water become clear. Add in the remaining ginger and pour enough water to cover the rice by 1/2” in the rice cooker. Garnish the dish with some fresh cilantro and serve with rice.
ingredients o 1 pound Tilapia fillet o 2 tablespoons sesame oil o 1 cup WORLDFOODS IndoChina
By Mindi Stavish [Maryland]
Cambodian Pineapple Lemon Grass
o 1 pineapple, slice rings in half or
use canned slices
o 1 lime, cut into wedges
cooking instructions Serves 2
Tilapia with Pineapple Lemongrass Sauce
1. Preheat broiler on high. 2. Brush fish with sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in baking dish coated with non stick spray. 3. Broil fish for 7 â€“ 10 minutes or until it flakes with a fork. 4. While fish is broiling, heat WORLDFOODS IndoChina Cambodian Pineapple Lemongrass 5.
Stir-Fry sauce over the stove or microwave. Once fish is done, remove from oven. Pour sauce over tilapia and garnish with pineapple.. Serve with lime wedges.
Coconut Galangal Pork Fried Rice
By Lesa Roemke [Michigan]
ingredients canola oil o 3 tbsp chopped rge onion, o 1/2 la nced mi c, rli s ga if frozen o 2 clove e, thawed d edamam cups shelle 2 1/ 1 ed o chopp shrooms, cremini mu o 4 oz. shredded e, ag bb ca s o 1 cup on the bia inly sliced s carrots, th 1/2” cube o 1 cup n, cut into loi rk po neless bo lb. 1 o Sauce e Stir-Fry cooked ric t Galangal o 3 cups ai Coconu OODS Th DF RL WO o 1 jar e of soy sauc o Sprinkle onions o Green o
cooking instructions 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the onion, garlic, edamame, mushrooms, cabbage, and carrots. Cook until vegetables are just slightly softened. Add the pork and stir until pork is browned and no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and half the jar of WORLDFOODS Thai Coconut Galangal Stir-Fry sauce. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining stir fry sauce and cook until veggies are softened to your liking. Sprinkle with soy sauce. Garnish with fresh green onions and cilantro, if desired.
ingredients coconut oil o 1 tbsp onion p chopped cu 4 1/ s o n pepper pped gree cho p cu 4 o 1/ drained s, ea ckp chi oz can of o 1 15.5 Green DS Thai WORLDFOO o 4 tbsps Curry Paste rice o 2 cups
Easy Curry Chickpeas and Rice
By Shannon Morgan [Maryland]
1. Make rice as directed. 2. Heat oil in a pan. 3. Saute onions until translucent 4. Add green peppers and sautĂŠ until soft. 5. Add chickpeas and WORLDFOODS Thai Green Curry Paste. Mix until combined. 6. Heat evenly. 7. Combine curry chickpeas and rice.
ingredients o 2-pound lamb roast o 1 jar WORLDFOODS Thai
Masaman Curry cooking sauce
o 1 cup dry red wine o 1 cup chicken stock o 1 tbsp whole cloves o 1 medium onion, diced o 2 whole garlic cloves, crushed
By Laurie Leiker [Texas]
o 1 cup sweet potatoes, diced o 1 cup turnips, diced o 1 cup baby carrots
cooking instructions 1. Remove fat from lamb and rinse thoroughly. 2. Place lamb in 2-quart crock pot. 3. Cover lamb with Masaman Curry cooking sauce. 4. Pour in wine and chicken stock. 5. Add cloves, onion, garlic and vegetables. 6. Place cover on crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. 7. When finished, remove lamb and allow to rest. 8. Serve over basmati or brown rice, using sauce left in crock pot as thin gravy.
Masaman Lamb Curry
By Liza Hawkins [Maryland]
Thai Galangal Lemongrass Chicken Stir Fry ingredients o 2 cup moo shu chicken
(leftover from Chinese takeout)
– you can use any chicken!
o 1 medium onion, diced o 2 tablespoons olive oil o 1 12oz bottle WORLDFOODS
Thai Galangal Lemon Grass
cooking instructions onions in k, sauté the skillet or wo until they’re at he h ig 1. In a large -h m over mediu . es ut olive oil in m d nt, about 3 fry sauce an transluce d then stirchicken an 2. Add the . combine rough, toss to til heated th cooking un 3. Continue . es ut min about 5 white rice. er steamed 4. Serve ov
ingredients o 350g steak, cut against the grain
into 1/4-inch-thick slices
o 2 cloves garlic, minced o 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced o 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced o 100g cucumber, cut into chunks o 2 tablespoon sesame oil o 2 tablespoon of soya sauce o 1 bottle WORLDFOODS Malaysian
Chili Coconut S tir Fried Beef
Chili Coconut Dipping Sauce/
By Mallery Schuplin [Michigan]
1. 2. 3.
Heat sesame oil in a wok over high heat. Add the beef in one layer and allow it to sear on one side for 1 minute. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes, until the outside is no longer red but the beef is not yet cooked through. Remove from the wok and set aside. In the same wok, add the garlic, onions, cucumbers and peppers and stir-fry until aromatic, about 1 to 2 minutes. Return the beef to the wok.
By Sando Weis [Maryland]
ingredients o 1/3 cup soy sauce o 1/3 cup white vinegar o 1 1/2 water o 1.75 lb pork roast o 1 tablespoon garlic, minced o 4 â€“ 6 bay leaves o 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes o 1 cup WORLDFOODS Thai Coconut
Galangal Stir-Fry Sauce
o 1 green onion, chopped o 1 cup carrots, shredded o 1 cup peanuts, crushed
Thai Coconut Pulled Pork cooking instructions
uce, vinegar, r with soy sa k-pot. Cove r pork. Set oc ve cr co in to rk s y leave 1. Place po s. r. Arrange ba ur te ho wa d 10 an garlic cook for 8 â€“ rk and on low and . Remove po s. crock-pot m crock-pot th two fork y leaves fro wi ba rk e po ov d m 2. Re d. Shre ot , add cutting boar a k-p oc on cr e ac to pl back in Fry Sauce redded pork langal Stir3. Place sh Coconut Ga cook for OODS Thai ver and let co ll, we ir WORLDF ts. St rro ca ed dd and shre on high een onions 30 minutes chopped gr another and top with e ric er ov 4. Serve s. hed peanut and crus
Bloggers Details 1. Wendy Hammond
The Local Cook
2. Thien-Kim Lan
My Cup of Creativi-Tea or I’m Not the Nanny
3. Deb Thompson
Just Short of Crazy
4. Darlene Horn
My Burning Kitchen
5. Mary Helen Leonard
Mary Makes Dinner
6. Heidi Meek
7. Lauren Lindley
Only Crazy People Live in CA
8. Erin Morgan
A girl and her mutt
9. Kerrie Urban
I Take Pictures of My Food
10. Sarah Withers
By Sarah Rae
11. Mary Desjean
This Tasty Life
12. Anne Gustke
13. Sharon Sprague
14. Rachelle King
Blinded By The Bite
15. Mindi Stavish
16. Lesa Roemke
17. Shannon Morgan
Shannon Morgan Creative
18. Laurie Leiker
19. Liza Hawkins
20. Mallery Schuplin
Horrid Housewife or Mallery’s Deals
21. Sando Weis
The Daily Deelight
Like Us On
Follow Us On
Find many more recipes on
Join our social kitchen
We’ve made an e-cookbook to showcase the best of our Fusion Taste Team USA 2012 – packed full of their inventive recipes, with hintsand tips...
Published on Mar 27, 2013
We’ve made an e-cookbook to showcase the best of our Fusion Taste Team USA 2012 – packed full of their inventive recipes, with hintsand tips...