RES 342 Week 4 Individual Quiz (UOP Course) Click Here to Buy the Tutorial http://www.tutorialrank.com/RES/RES-342-UOP-Course/product-4372-res-342week-4-individual-quiz-uop-course For more course tutorials visit www.tutorialrank.com
Prepare to take a quiz on topics covered in previous weeks.
RES/342 Week Two: Two or More Sample Hypothesis Testing
Objective: Apply hypothesis testing to different populations and samples in business research situations.
5. In conducting research that looks at differences in populations, samples are used for numerous reasons. Using entire populations in a test is difficult, so various sampling techniques are applied. In situations in which the population variance is unknown, the Student t distribution is often used. To use this distribution, certain assumptions must be made. Which of the following statements is not correct? a. 0 The t distribution is a family of distributions. b. 0 It is a symmetrical, mound shape distribution. c. 0 It is a continuous distribution. d. 0 It has less spread than the standard normal distribution.
Objective: Perform a hypothesis test of two population means using the standard normal distribution.
6. The Ohio State Patrol has identified eight intersections in Clermont County of high risk, due to the number of accidents. To address these concerns, the state patrol wants to make some changes in the traffic light patterns at these intersections. A proposal was developed to do a 4month test of these changes at the eight intersections to see whether a significant decrease in accidents occurred. The number of accidents 2 months before the modifications at the eight intersections was 57 and the number of accidents 2 months after the modification was 37. To conduct the test, the .01 significance level was selected. The test statistic was -2.415. What would be the critical value for the test decision to be made? a. 0 2.624 b. 0 -2.998 c. 0 2.947 d. 0 2.602
Objective: Perform a hypothesis test of two proportions.
7. Historically, single-income households or individuals have made up about 27 percent of the housing market. A sample of 80 recent mortgages indicated that 24 single-income families or individuals purchased a new home. Has there been a change in this historical belief? a. 0 The market has not changed. b. 0 The market is generally difficult to predict due to the changing economy. c. 0 The market has changed. d. 0 More information is needed to make any statement.
Objective: Determine when to use an ANOVA for managerial decisions.
8. A business owner is trying to decide between three different ads for the yellow pages. The ads are of different sizes and costs. The owner wants to get the best deal possible to save money, but wants to effectively reach potential customers. The question is whether there is a significant difference between the three different ads in their effectiveness in reaching customers. To make a more informed decision, the manager should choose which statistical test? a. 0 Linear regression correlation b. 0 Goodness-of-fit test c. 0 Simple linear regression d. 0 Analysis of variance (ANOVA)
Objective: Perform an ANOVA.
9. On-Time, a package delivery company, just purchased 14 new trucks from three different companies. Five trucks were purchased from manufacturer A, four from B, and five from C. The cost of maintaining each truck was recorded. On-Time used an ANOVA to test whether the mean maintenance costs of the trucks from each manufacturer were equal. To make the decision regarding this hypothesis, a critical value is required. What would be the critical value for the decision when the 0.01 significance level is used? a. 0 6.22 b. 0 7.56 c. 0 7.21 d. 0 6.93
RES 342 Week 4 Individual Quiz RES 342 Week 4 Individual Assignment Parametric and Nonparametric Data Identification Assignment RES 342 Week...