August 2013 Clips
August 2, 2013
Email Newsletter August 22, 2013
http://bit.ly/16QxtT1 August 22, 2013
August 7, 2013
August 14, 2013
August 21, 2013
August 22, 2013
August 28, 2013
August 28, 2012
http://bit.ly/16ho40A August 22, 2013
http://bit.ly/1c8DgGE August 6, 2013
http://bit.ly/14gpXuE August 15, 2013
http://bit.ly/183SGnR August 21, 2013
August 23, 2013
The Hometown Shopper August 21, 2013
for event listings visit hometownshopperli.com
Send events, including nonprofit events, three weeks in advance, to:“Community Calendar,” c.o NMG’s Star Editorial, 235 Pinelawn Road, Melville, NY 11747,ATT: Mike D’Alto; fax to: 631-843-2614; Call 631843-2918 or send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. All events MUST include a contact phone number.
23. Westhampton/Dinner and Movie Enjoy a free dinner and showing of “Like Dandelion Dust” at Westhampton United Methodist Church, 116 Montauk Hwy. 6:30 p.m.; 7:30 p.m. movie. 631-996-2509.
25. East Hampton/Paddle for a Cause Paddlers for Humanity host the Wahine Women and Girls Paddle (pictured) at Big Albert’s Beach, Albert’s Landing Road. 9-11 a.m. 917-834-3888.
27. Mattituck/Artifacts Display The Riverhead Museum Van showcases local artifacts at the Mattituck-Laurel Historical Society’s New Egypt Schoolhouse, Main Road. 7 p.m. 631-298-4450.
24. Cutchogue/Harvest East End Ann Marie and Marco Borghese present a wine tasting and dinner at McCall Vineyards, 22600 Main Road. 6 p.m. Cost: $150. For details, call 631-734-5764.
25. Jamesport/Sound to Bay Races A 10K and 5K run, to benefit the Jamesport Fire Department, are held at Iron Pier Beach, Pier Avenue off Sound Avenue. 9 a.m. Register at jfd10krun.com.
29. Montauk/Distance Triathlon The MightyMan Olympic Distance Triathlon includes a 1.5K swim, 40K bike ride and 10K run at Fort Pond. 6:40 a.m. Register at eventpowerli.com.
24. Quogue/Art, Crafts and Gifts Vendors, raffles, a BBQ and more are featured at a fair at VFW Post 5350, 125 Main St. 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Rain date is Aug. 25. Free admission. 631-728-1367.
25. Shelter Island/Duck Race The Shelter Island Chamber of Commerce Duck Race is held at Volunteer Park, Bridge Street. 3 p.m. Cost: $20 per ducky. For details, call 877-893-2290.
29. Bridgehampton/Clambake The Equestrian Aid Foundation Hamptons Clambake is held at W. Scott Cameron Beach, end of Dune Road. Cost: $100, includes food and drinks. 917-783-2334.
Photo courtesy of WordHampton
Pictured: Participants in a prior year’s Women and Girls Paddle.
Rock the Dock! Summer Benefit Bash Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor hosted its annual Rock The Dock Summer Benefit Bash. The evening, hosted by actress Susan Lucci, kicked off with a cocktail hour and silent auction. The fundrasier supports the theatre’s Literature Live, kids’ camps, college internships, and other educational programs. Special guests Photo courtesy: Barry Gordin/Bay Street Theatre
included Karen Ziemba, Nelson DeMille, Tina Louise, Aida Turturro, Prudence and Alexandra Fairweather, Robert Zimmerman and others. Pictured (l-r): Bay Street Theatre Executive Director Tracy Mitchell and Susan Lucci at Bay Street Theatre’s Rock the Dock Summer Benefit Bash.
Send community news and localized events three weeks in advance, to: “Community Announcement,” c/o NMG’s Star Editorial, 235 Pinelawn Road, Melville, NY 11747, ATT: Jessica Novins; fax to: 631-843-2614; or send an e-mail: email@example.com. All events MUST include a contact phone number. 17006146H333
August 28, 2013
http://bit.ly/15KenaX August 15, 2013
August 16, 2013
http://bit.ly/17YeNht August 1, 2013
August 1, 2013
http://bit.ly/1cAgy9C August 8, 2013
August 8, 2013
http://bit.ly/14dCFNX August 1, 2013
http://bit.ly/1cQ4zFb August 14, 2013