SEC 310 Complete Class - Case Studies, Assignments & Exams Click Link Below To Download Entire Class : http://strtutorials.com/SEC-310-Complete-Class-Case-Studies-AssignmentsExams-s9.htm SEC 310 – Homeland Security Organization and Administration Assignment 1: NIPP Assignment 2: Terrorist Organization Case Study 1: Impetus of the DHS Case Study 2: Information Security and the National Infrastructure Case Study 3: USA PATRIOT Act Case Study 4: Bin Laden Term Paper: DHS Progress Midterm Exam Final Exam
SEC 310 WK 2 Case Study 1 Impetus of the DHS Click Link Below To Download: http://strtutorials.com/SEC-310-WK-2-Case-Study-1-Impetus-of-the-DHS-S1.htm Prior to the 9/11 attacks, there were a number of other “terrorist” events that occurred on both U.S. soil and abroad. Read the article discussing the Oklahoma City bombing, located at and the article discussing the 1993 World Trade Center bombings, located at. These events, however, did not have the impact on the American psyche and the political repercussions that accompanied the 9/11 attacks, such as the creation of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you: 1. Describe why the 9/11 attacks was the impetus for forming the Department of Homeland Security and raising greater awareness of terrorist attacks. 2. Hypothesize why the Oklahoma City and 1993 World Trade Center bombings did not cause the dramatic impact as that of 9/11. 3. Predict how these two (2) historical attacks could have potentially been diminished or avoided with the protections in place today. 4. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
SEC 310 WK 3 Case Study 2 Information Security and the National Click Link Below To Download:
http://strtutorials.com/SEC-310-WK-3-Case-Study-2-Information-Security-and-the-National-S2.htm Read the Infosecurity magazine article “Using Information Security to Protect Critical National Infrastructure: Energy Sector is Hackers’ Biggest Target”, located at. Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you: 1. Explain in your own words the information security concerns that exist in protecting the United States’ national infrastructure. 2. Describe why the author of the article says that oil and gas industries are prime targets for cyber criminals more than other infrastructures and state whether or not you agree and why. 3. Conclude why there is a need to regulate SCADA and industrial control systems and why there is concern that this is not being dealt with appropriately. 4. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
SEC 310 WK 4 Assignment 1 NIPP Click Link Below To Download: http://strtutorials.com/SEC-310-WK-4-Assignment-1-NIPP-S3.htm Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you: 1. Analyze the National Infrastructure Protection Plan and Risk Management Framework, located at http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/NIPP_Plan.pdf, and conclude how it has been designed to protect the nation’s critical infrastructure. 2. Determine the purpose of the feedback loop design and argue how it strengthens or weakens the model. Justify your response. 3. Decide if taking a “risk management” approach is suitable for protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure. Support your response. 4. Choose the one (1) step that is the most important or has the greatest impact on the other steps of the Risk Management Framework and describe why. 5. Discuss two (2) criticisms of the NIPP model and suggest ways of dealing with those criticisms. 6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
SEC 310 WK 5 Midterm Exam - All Possible Questions Click Link Below To Download:
SEC 310 WK 5 Midterm Exam (All Possible Questions)
Multiple Choice 1. a. b. c. d.
Only the following ranked higher on the fear index than terrorism victimization: crime against person. burglary and auto theft. crime against property. robbery and auto theft.
2. a. b. c. d.
The most significant terrorist attack in theU.S.prior to the 9/11 attacks was the: Oklahoma Citybombing. Pan Am flight 103. WorldTradeCenterattack. Bombing of theU.S.embassies.
3. a. b. c. d.
Homeland Security focuses on: homeland security operations. disasters and catastrophes. homeland security and terrorist. potential terrorist attacks and weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
4. a. b. c. d.
9/11 attacks were said to have originated from: Afghanistan. AfghanistanandIraq. Iraq. Saudi Arabia.
5. of: a. b. c. d.
The 9/11 Commission provided a comprehensive assessment of whereAmericawas in terms protection from WMDs. partnership for secureAmerica. homeland security. securing theU.S.
6. a. b. c. d.
The 9/11 Commission was extremely critical of the governmentâ€™s: intelligence apparatus. ability to protect intelligence information. ability to facilitate the flow of information. ability to reduce nuclear non-proliferation.
7. TheU.S.government must create the capacity to gather intelligence on: a. terrorists and terrorist organizations.
b. c. d. 8. a. b. c. d.
future use of WMD targets. future attacks. terrorist groups. Homeland Security involves defense against catastrophic events such as: weapons of mass destruction. radiological, biological and chemical attacks. radiological, biological, chemical, and nuclear attacks. earthquakes, floods, tornados, or hurricanes.
9. There must be seamless communications among responders; problems arise when first responders cannot: a. communicate with one another. b. communicate because of different radio frequencies. c. communicate because of lack of radios. d. lack of coordination. 10. Terrorism does not know any boundaries, it is a global war on terrorism and success requires: a. international cooperation. b. cooperation with all levels of government. c. communication across agencies. d. communication across agencies sharing and systems analysis. 11. American law enforcement officials must cooperate with police officials in foreign countries. This includes: a. sharing intelligence information. b. share public health information. c. identify programs to be applied. d. information that benefits some countries. 12. Since homeland security is relatively new, it: a. does not have a distinct operational definition. b. is not well defined. c. may be off target. d. is based on organizational purposes. 13. The national strategy for homeland security was issued in: a. 2004. b. 2007. c. 2006. d. 2002.
14. The national strategy identified several objectives to enhance border and transportation security, the strategy included: a. ensure accountability in border security. b. create smart borders. c. increase security for shipping. d. expand immigration services. 15. The new environment of homeland security assumes that there is a constant: a. attack. b. risk. c. response. d. threat. 16. In review of the national strategy for homeland security, it is obvious that security is much more: a. national. b. regional. c. global. d. international. 17. The 9/11 commission was created to: a. examine causes of terrorism. b. examine past policies, make recommendations. c. examine intelligence leads. d. reviewU.S.security policy. 18. The 9/11 Commission made numerous recommendations covering: a. playbook to improve security. b. 50 stated goals for security. c. an initial assessment. d. minimum effort needed to improve security. 19. Terrorists are often successful when they conduct a: a. coordinated attack. b. secondary attack. c. surprise attack. d. frontal attack. 20. Which is not an essence of homeland security: a. consequences of an attack. b. prep for attack. c. response to it.
d. untold casualties. True-False 1. The American psyche was changed because of 9/11. a. True b. False 2. The level of fear of being a victim of a terrorist attack was greater for males as compared to females. a. True b. False 3. Sporadic and isolated terrorist events have occurred in theU.S.in the past, but they, for the most part, were homegrown. a. True b. False 4. Prior to 9/11, the only terrorist attack on American soil perpetrated by offenders from another country was the first World Trade Centre attack on February 26, 1993. a. True b. False 5. The 9/11 attacks resulted in new thinking at all levels of the government. a. True b. False
SEC 310 WK 7 Case Study 3 USA Patriot Act Click Link Below To Download:
Read The New York Times’ article titled “Battle Looms Over the Patriot Act”, located at, and the Highlights of the USA PATRIOT Act in an article titled “The USA PATRIOT Act: Preserving Life and Liberty”, located at. Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you: 1. Describe how the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act grants law enforcement and intelligence officials special powers to combat terrorism. 2. Explain in your own words the two (2) different views of the USA PATRIOT Act and why some believe it is inappropriate legislation. 3. Consider the Act and determine whether you believe that law enforcement and intelligence
officials should have the authority granted to them in the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act. 4. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
SEC 310 WK 8 Case Study 4 Bin Laden Click Link Below To Download:
http://strtutorials.com/SEC-310-WK-8-Case-Study-4-Bin-Laden-S6.htm In May 2011, President Obama held a press conference to inform the nation that Osama Bin Laden had been killed and his body seized by U.S. Armed forces. In some minds, this event provided justice for the attacks of 9/11; for others, the fear of threat increased. Review the postevent speeches by President Obama, located at, and CIA Director Leon Panetta, located at, Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you: 1. Explain in your own words the message of each speech in terms of the future. 2. Analyze each speech to consider whether it was one of victory or one of realized risk. 3. Determine whether you think the killing of Bin Laden has lowered or raised the fear of terrorism in most U.S. citizens. 4. Give two (2) examples illustrating how killing Bin Laden has affected al Qaeda. 5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
SEC 310 WK 9 Assignment 2 - Terrorist Organization Click Link Below To Download:
http://strtutorials.com/SEC-310-WK-9-Assignment-2-Terrorist-Organization-S7.htm Research a foreign terrorist organization of your choice. Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you: 1. Describe the history of the organization. 2. Compare and contrast the organizationâ€™s primary beliefs, motives, and allies with another terrorist organization of your choice. 3. Discuss past actions and terroristic endeavors. 4. Discuss the present areas of operation, believed actions, and current status of the organization. 5. Analyze the actions taken by intelligence agencies to protect against the groupâ€™s current believed actions and describe the effectiveness of these measures. 6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note:
Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
SEC 310 WK 10 Term Paper - DHS Progress Click Link Below To Download:
http://strtutorials.com/SEC-310-WK-10-Term-Paper-DHS-Progress-S10.htm The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has made a number of strides in recent years, including 2011. The department’s organization and cooperation with other agencies continues to strengthen. Read the article discussing the success of the DHS in 2011 located at Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you: 1. Explain how the DHS has changed from its inception in 2001 to what it has become today. 2. Describe how the relationships between the DHS and other law enforcement and intelligence agencies have transformed over the years. 3. Analyze the current structure of the DHS and other agencies protecting the United States from internal and external threats. Suggest three (3) changes to the current structure of the DHS and justify your suggestions. 4. Describe the top three (3) characteristics of homeland security that the United States needs to address in the immediate future and why. 5. Discuss the existing roadblocks that are preventing the DHS from addressing these top concerns. 6. Predict the role cyber terrorism could play in future attacks against the United States and its allies. Describe what you consider to be the largest cyber threat(s) to the nation. 7. Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: • Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with oneinch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. • Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
SEC 310 WK 11 Final Exam - All Possible Questions Click Link Below To Download:
SEC 310 WK 11 Final Exam - All Possible Questions SEC 310 WK 11 Final Exam (All Possible Questions) Multiple Choice
1. Transnational organized crime affects governmental agencies, social institutions, those who reside near it, and the operation is considered to be: a. negative b. positive c. financial d. economic 2. ____________________ is involved primarily with victimless crimes such as gambling, loan sharking, narcotics, prostitution and desired illegal goods and services to the general public. a. Vice crime b. Organized crime c. White collar crime d. Street crime 3. A high volume of ______________________ crime may affect a city as victimization and fear override proper social functioning on the part of citizens. a. street b. vice c. organized d. white collar 4. ____________________undermines and threatens the state not only in terms of justice and social order, but also in terms of economic viability. a. Terrorist b. Terrorism c. Militias d. TOC 5. Which model explains the creation of TOC groupsâ€™ enterprises? a. Economic model b. Enterprise model c. Political model d. Market model 6. Which of the following models helps to facilitate the growth of TOC organizations? a. social model. b. enterprise model. c. political model. d. market model.
7. The UN study helped to identify how many of the unique organizational structures employed by TOC? a. six b. four c. three d. five 8. The final type of criminal organization identified by the UN study was the: a. clustered hierarchy. b. core group. c. regional hierarchies. d. criminal network. 9. What is the name of the drug cartel that transports drugs to countries where they are sold at the wholesale/retail level by TOC groups? a. Mexican. b. Afghanistan c. Columbian d. South American 10. A substantial portion of illegal arms are sold on the: a. black market b. gray market c. arms market d. under world market 11. Which group is responsible for schemes that steal billions of dollars annually from citizens, businesses, and governmental entitlement programs? a. terrorist b. Russian c. foreign d. TOC 12. Terrorists have political objectives, but TOC groups use: a. political agenda b. agenda c. quasi-political objectives d. political agenda 13. What type of crime can result in more deaths, injuries, and economic loss than do street crimes? a. white collar b. organized c. street d. transnational 14. Which types of group creates illicit economics that can threaten the security of states?
a. b. c. d.
Terrorist Criminal Militias TOC
Published on Nov 4, 2013