DISCOVER, BEKAA WINERIES SCHEDULE Domaine des Tourelles Clos St. Thomas Domaine Wardy Château Qanafar Château Ksara Château Kefraya $100 $100
11 August 01 September
FOR YOUR BOOKING CALL US: 01 56 56 06 | 71 20 27 27
Château Ksara Château Kefraya
THE WINERIES DID YOU KNOW? • Large bowled glasses permit a wine to breath and can be desirable for reds, especially older ones
• “Feminine” is sometimes used to characterize a light, graceful and soft wine
• Generally speaking, you should hold the glass by the stem, not the bowl
• Leg, or tears, denote the traces left in the inner sides of the glass by a wine
• Acidity refers to how sharp or astringent the wine tastes • Col, or Neck, is a synonym of bottle • A Cru, is a wine identified by a specific place of production
DOMAINE DES TOURELLES
Domaine des Tourelles was founded in 1868. The winery became the first commercial cellar in Lebanon producing wines, arak (Lebanon’s traditional alcoholic beverage) and other spirits.
Château Kefraya is the second largest winery in Lebanon, producing over a million bottles each year. It is nestled between the beautiful and luscious cypress and cedar trees on a site that ranges from 900 to 1100 m on clay-chalk soil.
ASK FOR OUR CUSTOMIZED WINE TOURS BY PRIVATE LUXURY CARS OR BIG BUSES FOR GROUPS Please contact our office for a tailor made quotation 01 56 56 06
Domaine Wardy is established since 1893. Its vineyards are spread across the Bekaa plateau at an altitude between 900 m and 1700 m. It produces wine, arak and vinegar.
Château Ksara is Lebanon’s oldest, largest and most visited winery. Today, the wines of Ksara have a specific character, described as a “rare balance of dry fruitiness, of delicacy and coarseness, and of freshness and vigour.”
CLOS ST. THOMAS
Château Qanafar is a small family owned winery conceived in 2005. They grow their own grapes, keeping full control over quality, at 1200 m on gently sloping hilltop vineyards.
Clos St. Thomas winery and vineyard have the perfect natural conditions for growing grapes, the ancestral know-how of the Lebanese growers, to produce robust wine.
• Tannin is a natural substance that comes from the skins, stems, and pips of the grapes, and even from the wooden barrels in which many are aged. It acts as a preservative; without it, certain wines wouldn’t continue to improve in the bottle
DISCOVER, NORTHERN WINERIES SCHEDULE Batroun Mountains Château Sanctus Château Aurora Coteaux de Botrys Château S. Najm Adyar Adyar Adyar Coteaux de Botrys $85 $85 $85 02 June
16 June 30 June
21 July 04 August
18 August 25 August
• Summer 2012
WINE TOURS IN LEBANON YOUR DESTINATION MANAGEMENT COMPANY
GENERAL CONDITIONS • Departures are guaranteed starting 4 persons
Batroun Mountains is a family owned and operated winery. Winemaking has been a lifetime passion, a pursuit of the heart, which you will experience when tasting the wines.
Aurora is a true boutique wine, exclusively made by The Geara family of Rachkedde, Batroun. Aurora now has 2 vineyards for a total of 1.4 acres. The first vintage was made of the early grapes in 2004.
• All tours depart from our head office in Gemmayzeh at 09:00 a.m. - Free pick-ups are arranged from hotels in Beirut (45 minutes prior to departure time depending on the hotel location). Free drop-offs are arranged to same guests at the closest point to their hotel - Guests are requested to be ready at the reception desk of their hotel starting from 08:15 am. Please be on time as drivers are instructed not to wait - For pick-ups from hotels outside Beirut, please refer to our office to provide you with our special prices • Payments by credit card are subject to 3% extra charge per person on total amount • All prices are per person & include: - Transportation in a deluxe modern vehicle - Services of our accompanying tour leader - Visits of the wineries with winetasting - Lunch in the finest local restaurants with mineral water & one soft drink - VAT (currently at 10 %) • Children under 18 years old are not allowed to join the tour unless accompanied by their parents *Tips for guide and driver are not included • The wine tours flyer will be issued every 3 months where you will have the opportunity to visit other wineries in Lebanon.
ADYAR, or Monasteries in Arabic, is a line of wines, made with grapes organically cultivated and grown on a non-contaminated soil of the Lebanese Maronite Order monasteries.
Château Sanctus is a wine produced in the Batroun area. Grapes are grown organically over an area of five hectares at an altitude of 900 m.
• Private wine tours can be conducted in German, Italian, Spanish...
* Drink responsibly
Ask about our Daily Tours in Lebanon flyer summer 2012
DA ILY TO S URS DAILY TOURS TOUR DAILY IN LE BAN LEBANO NON NON ININLEBA 2012 Summ Summer Summer 2012 er 2012
COTEAUX DE BOTRYS
CHATEAU S. NAJM
The soil and the climate of the region make terrific terroir for red, rosé and white wines, made from perfectly matured, hand-picked grapes that are vinified with loving care.
This small family-owned and operated winery is located at 600 m. Its philosophy is to produce small quantities of high quality wine that reflects the uniqueness of the soil and characteristics of the grapes.
Whether you are planning an incentive trip to Lebanon, a product launching in Syria, or a team building experience in Dubai, Wild Discovery is your destination specialist.
Our services: aVIP Meet and Assist at airport aTransfers & Car rental aAssistance with visa formalities aHotel reservations aDaily Tours & Themed Excursions aCultural Programs in Lebanon, Syria & Jordan
aGuaranteed Departures aConferences, seminars and incentive programs aOrganization of Gala dinners and special events aTeam building activities aPermanent assistance during the whole stay
WHERE TO FIND US
Incoming Department Pasteur building - Pasteur street - Saifi Tel.: +961 56 56 06 | +961 71 20 27 27
Permanent Assistance Tel.: +961 71 20 28 28
Wild Discovery Branches Gemmayzeh +961 1 56 56 46 Furn El Chebback +961 1 285 888 Virgin +961 1 995 996 Zalka +961 4 714 314 Verdun +961 1 802 888 Zahleh +961 8 802 888 Kaslik +961 9 835 222 www.wilddiscovery.com.lb - firstname.lastname@example.org Follow us on:
Wild Discovery official transport provider