SABBATH SCHOOL WORSHIP SERVICE
Sabbath September 22, 2012 9:30 A.M. Song Service Strunk Opening Song
Sabbath September 22, 2012 10:40 A.M.
Pastor Gary “O Worship the Lord” #6
Pastor Gary Strunk Pastor Hein Strydom
Welcome & Prayer
“We Have This Hope”
Hymn of Praise “The Antichrist”
Lesson Study Pianist: LaVerta Page
Action Groups Organist: Judy Northrop
Adult Sabbath School Action Groups
Jon Carlson Tithes & Offerings Jennifer Lidar “Conference-Wide Church & School Building Fund” Special Music/Offertory
Children’s Offering & Story Overflow room—Ardyce Fowler, Clyde Williams Elders’ room—Joyce Hopp, Don Martin, Christine Neish Community Services—Dan Buckendahl, Laurel Slater, Dorothy Womack Sanctuary front center— Peggy Tomat, Bette Husted, Eleanor Dosey Fellowship Hall—Gary Strunk, Bob Cash, Tony Venckeleer
Preparation for Prayer Congregational Prayer Prayer Response Scripture Reading Special Music Sermon
Cradle Roll: (North Patio) Ages 0-3 Kindergarten: (North-East Patio) Ages 4-6 Primary: (East Patio) Ages 7-9 Juniors: (East Patio) Grades 5-6 Earliteens: (Family Ministries Room) Grades 7-8 Youth: Revive (South Patio)Youth Center, Ages 14-17 Young Adults: (Backstage Hallway) Former Music Room, Ages 18-35
Pastor Elijah Grekov Bob Cash
“John 3: 5, 6”
Kalyapi Humpal Moreno Family
“The Great Controversy…relived”
Hymn of Response
“Joy By and By”
#430 Pastor Hein
Postlude PRAYER WORKS But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. Matthew 6:6 Family prayer, public prayer has their place; but is SECRET COMMUNION WITH God that sustains the soul life. Education p.258
Pianist: LaVerta Page Organist: Judy Northrop Elders of the Month: Jayson Lidar/David Larson
Cross Connection service needs willing hands to help with audio. If you are willing to help please contact Lauren Johnson at (760)593-7106 or email@example.com. Revive- Every Week Youth are invited to Revive Sabbath School Every Saturday Morning at 10:00AM in the Youth Center. Snacks and Lesson.
TODAY: 1) INTERNET PRAYER TEAM: Our church Internet prayer team is willing to pray for both short and long term requests. Should you have a request, or a praise please place in the prayer request box in the church foyer, or e mail it to Deanne Joseph firstname.lastname@example.org ALL REQUESTS WILL BE HANDLED CONFIDENTIALLY. Just one request, PLEASE KEEP DEANNE UPDATED ON ANY PROGRESS, CHANGES, and ANSWERS TO PRAYER. This will not only inspire and encourage, but we can thank and praise God for His goodness.
Kayaking- Change of Date TBA Come join us (YOUTH ONLY) as we go down to Balboa Beach for the day to spend time together with friends, and maybe even meet some new friends, as we kayak through the marina and have fun in the water. It's time to stay cool!!! We will be meeting in the church parking lot @ 9:00am. Please bring money for lunch or bring a lunch with you. This is a free event, but you must RSVP . For more details contact Matthew Burton email@example.com or (909) 747WWDJ (9953). Get Connected To receive information about upcoming youth events contact Matthew Burton firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 747-WWDJ (9953) to be added to our texting list or add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/revive.yucaipa.sda BULLETIN DEADLINE: Material & Information to be printed in the Church bulletin must be in office by Tues. Noon each week! Leave the information with Denise Noble, the secretary. Office: 797-1375 or email her at email@example.com Sabbath Ends at Sunset Tonight at 6:45 Sabbath Starts at Sunset Next Friday at 6:35
2) PRAYER MINISTRY: at 8:30am each Sabbath morning a group from the prayer net ministry team will meet in the Minister's room behind the platform. We will be praying for the church its leaders, teachers and worshippers that the Holy Spirit will be in full control. Anyone who would like to join us will be welcome. 3) AFTERGLOW: Each week after the Church service, Lee Heath & Dorothy Pulley will lead out in the Afterglow prayer session. They will meet in the Overflow Room to the right of the Sanctuary. Anyone who would like to join them will be welcome. If you have special prayer need, feel free to come and be prayed with. 4) HANDBELL CHOIR PRACTICE: today at 3:00pm in the kindergarten room. 5) ELDERS INSERVICE MEETING: at SECC today from 3-5:00pm. We will carpool at 2pm from the church. 6) SERVING HANDS MINISTRY: 5:00pm in the fellowship hall. 7) CONCERT ON THE GREEN: today at 5:30pm. All profits from the sale of the corn dogs will be donated to the Youth Department. See insert.
NEXT WEEK: 8) FULL PLATE DIET: Tuesday, 6-7:00pm. 9) CHURCH BOARD MEETING: Tuesday, 7:00pm.
WELCOME WE ARE DELIGHTED you have chosen to worship with us. We consider it a privilege to share this time together praising and giving thanks to God. If you are making your home in this community we extend to you a hearty invitation to make this your church home. Just complete the Guest Registration card in the pew rack and place it in the offering plate.
10) STUDY GROUP: Wednesday 10:30am in the overflow room. We are doing a special study and/or review of “the Discover Bible Studies” by The Voice of Prophecy with guidance in presenting them to others. 11) ELDER AND DEACONS MEETING: Thursday, September 27 at 6:30pm. 12) NEXT COMMUNION: will be next Sabbath, September 29th. 13) SERVING HANDS MINISTRY: next Sabbath at 5:00pm.
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR CHURCH CALENDAR:
14) WORK BEE: Sunday, September 30th at 7am to remove & clean tables/chairs in the fellowship hall & at 4pm to put them away. See insert for more information.
15) SAVE THE DATE: Youth, Young Adults, Seniors and everyone in between. Wednesday, October 3, a special DVD will be shown in the Sanctuary. You'll not want to miss this! 16) ADVENTIST CHOICE COLLEGE FAIR & FINANCIAL WORKSHOP: at LL Academy, October 3. The 13 accredited Adventist colleges and universities in North America will be represented. You can attend a college financial workshop to learn how a Christian education is affordable, apply for free to the colleges you are interested in (at the event only) and meet with admissions counselors. More details are available at www.AdventistColleges.org/collegefairs. Here is the schedule of events: 6:30-8pm-Adventist College Fair, 7pmCollege Financial Workshop. More information on the back table in the lobby.
keys were lost last Sabbath possibly in one of the pews. Please check your purse and belongings to make sure you didn’t accidentally pick them up. Please call the church office if you find them. Thank you.
Sept 22 Elder’s In service meeting at SECC 3-5pm (will carpool from church 2pm) Concert on the Green 5:30pm Full Plate diet 6-7pm 27 Elders and Deacons meeting 6:30pm Communion 30 Work Bee (to clean tables/chairs & carpet in fellowship hall) 7am/4pm Oct
17) CHILDREN’S CHURCH: the next one will be on October 6. 18) 2012 SECC YOUTH CONVENTION: October 18-20th. "Gear up" is for all church leaders involved with children, junior high, youth, young adults, pathfinders, and adventurers. The seminar will provide comprehensive training on relevant issues for each ministry.
GENERAL: COMBINED BUDGET: monthly goal COMBINED BUDGET: received for September TUITION AID: monthly goal TUITION AID: received for Sept AUDIO/VISUAL: received for Sept $109
$14,000 $2,080 $3,000 $1,169
OFFERINGS: All loose moneys in the plate will go toward the local church budget. Designated donations will be applied as specified by the donor on the tithe/offering envelope. Any undesignated moneys in envelopes, will go toward the offering appeal that specific day. NEXT WEEK’S OFFERING: is for Conference-Wide Evangelism.
Full Plate Diet 6-7pm (every Tues thru Oct) Stress Solutions – Gary Strunk (every Mon thru Oct) Community Services Yard Sale Senior Sack lunch at Los Rios Ranch/ 7-9 hike Pathfinders Desert Hot Springs 6pm
November Stress Solutions – 6-7pm Gary Strunk Full plate diet 6-7pm Stress Solutions – Gary Strunk Full Plate diet 6-7pm Senior Potluck 19 Adventist Health presentation 20 Adventist Health presentation Adventist Health presentation Adventist Health presentation December Adventist Philosophy of Health Adventist Philosophy of Health 8 MGA choir here Senior Potluck 16 Senior Movie 3:00pm Youth center Agape Feast Communion
19) NEW MEMBERS: Deanna & Stacie Lo were baptized last Sabbath at Victorville SDA Church by Pastor Raewyn Hankins. 20) PARENTS AND CHILDREN: With multiple services in different locations at our church (Sabbath School classes, Children's Church, Cross Connection Service, Regular Worship Service, etc) it is very important, for the safety of our children, that parents know where their children are at all times. Children should preferably be accompanied by their parents, unless the parents have given parental permission to another adult to be responsible for their child. Children should not be left to randomly decide on their own where they will be, resulting in nobody knowing for sure where they really are. 21) LOST KEYS: A set of keys with various house, car alarm, 2 small bicycle
DIRECTORY IMPORTANT INFORMATION The Pastoral Staff is here to serve you. Please call us when you or a loved one must go to the hospital or needs crisis counseling. We are here to help you! Church office – 797-1375/Fax: 797-2705 35225 Avenue E, Yucaipa, CA 92399 Secretary – Denise Noble, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Homepage: yucaipasda.adventistfaith.org Regular office hours are from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00p.m., Tuesday through Thursday. Pastoral appointments are available as needed. Senior Pastor – Pastor Hein Strydom, 954-7512 9628 Terra Linda Way, Calimesa, CA 92320 Email: email@example.com Pastor for Worship – Pastor Elijah Grekov, 795-6965 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Young Adults Pastor Bill Hunt, 210-778-6502, Email: email@example.com Family Ministries Coordinator Jennifer Lidar, 909-528-9866 Children’s Church Coordinator Yvonne Wren, 909-797-7923 Youth Ministries Coordinator Matthew Burton, 909-747-9953 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Treasurer- Linda Hill, 797-0487 Head Elder – Dallas Bobst, 951-845-2394 Head Deacon – John Decker, (cell) 374-1031 Head Deaconess – Gloria Pohren, 797-1714 Maintenance – John Decker, (cell) 374-1031