Articles of Greenhouse Advice Blog @ USA Greenhouses for Sale Store 10 Shopping Tips for Choosing Greenhouses 2011-08-27 00:08:24 Admin
Are you in the market for a new greenhouse? The following guide will help you maneuver the market and come out with the perfect unit for your home or commercial needs.
1. Get familiar with the different types of greenhouses on the market today. From portable and cold frame greenhouses to Cape Cod styles and commercial products, there are many different types of greenhouses on the market right now. You have to know what the difference is between all of them so you can determine what design best fits your needs. If you just run out and purchase a greenhouse in a hurry to get started, you are likely to find that what you purchased doesnâ€™t really fit your needs. Take the time to study the market and you are more likely to come out with a greenhouse you really love.
2. Make sure your expectations match up to your budget. One problem many people have when purchasing a greenhouse is expecting a lot more for the budget they have to work with. As you get familiar with the different types of greenhouses being sold, make sure to pay attention to prices for different designs and sizes. Look up some accessories that you may need such as fans and vents so you can see what they will cost you as well. You have to develop a budget and stick to it, but you donâ€™t want to be disappointed if the greenhouses you can afford are much smaller than what you wanted to purchase initially. If you get familiar with the prices and then determine the maximum amount you want to spend, you should have a realistic idea of what you should expect when your greenhouse is put up and ready to use.
3. Consider the accessories that you will need to purchase. There are certain greenhouse accessories that you will need just to keep your unit functional and others that may not be needed at all. You will need to purchase fans, vents and tie-downs at the very least, but you may also need additional heating and cooling systems. The types of grow racks, greenhouse shelving, or tables used inside the greenhouse are accessories to keep in mind as well. In order to determine what you need in this area, you will need a good idea of what you will be doing inside your greenhouse. Someone trying to garden all year round in a cold region will need different accessories than someone in a warm climate who just wants occasional flowers.
4. Decide whether you want to save money with plastic or invest in the luxury of glass. There are many plastic greenhouses on the market because they are so affordable. There are fewer glass models being sold, simply because they are a bit more expensive and many people cannot afford them. Glass is not necessarily more efficient than plastic and many people achieve great results with plastic greenhouses, but there is a luxurious charm to glass. These units are more stable and secure and they look a lot more modern and refined than plastic units. There are also different types of plastic material that can be used on a greenhouse. Some are more durable than others, so make sure you know your options and choose wisely. Plastic may be cheaper, but glass lasts longer without needing replaced.
5. Decide whether you need a commercial greenhouse or can make due with a
residential or hobby greenhouse. Donâ€™t rule commercial greenhouses out because they tend to be larger and more expensive. They also tend to be a lot more functional, since they can be designed to accommodate different types of plants all under one roof. Smaller greenhouses are more affordable, but they only keep one humidity level and temperature so it is difficult to grow different types of plants or germinate different seeds all at the same time.
6. Decide where you want your greenhouse to sit. Greenhouses can sit independently as small structures on your property or they can be built off of another structure like the side of your home or an outbuilding. They can also be formed outside of a door to your home, creating an enclosed area similar to a screened porch. Consider the ideal placement for your greenhouse and make sure you can find the size you need with that building style. Consider how far you will have to go from your home or business to reach the greenhouse as well as where your greenhouse could be placed to get the maximum sunshine year round.
7. Consider purchasing a second door, if it is available. Most greenhouse kits come with just one door, but some brands allow you to purchase a kit that adds in a second door if you need it. This allows you to place a door on each end of a larger sized greenhouse, making it much easier to access. Not everyone will need two doors, but itâ€™s important to know that the option is there if you do need it.
8. Look for ways to save on shipping expenses. If you are purchasing a larger hobby greenhouse, the kit can be quite expensive to ship. You have to
consider the shipping charges as part of the overall price of the unit. If this breaks your budget, look for online retailers that give special deals on shipping expenses. Some will even give completely free shipping if you purchase a larger greenhouse over a certain price. You may even be able to get accessories delivered for free when ordered with the greenhouse kit.
9. Consider a series of different greenhouses rather than one larger unit. If you want to use your greenhouse for different purposes, consider purchasing different types of greenhouses rather than just one larger unit. This is a great way to meet all of your growing needs without trying to rig one unit to do everything you want. For instance, you may position a cold frame greenhouse outside a larger greenhouse.
10. Watch the warranties. Some greenhouse kits will come with a more impressive warranty than others. You should make sure you have some type of warranty, just in case something shows up defective or broken. Any high quality greenhouse should have some type of warranty to protect against potential defects.
Related Posts: The New Greenhouse Gardening Tips Blog is Live with Version 1.0! Link to this page Link to this page Copy the code below to your web site. x <a href="http://www.greenhousesforsale.us/blog/2011/08/27/sh opping-tips-choosing-greenhouses/" title="10 Shopping Tips for Choosing Greenhouses">10 Shopping Tips for Choosing Greenhouses</a> Thanks, your support is greatly appreciated!