What is a
“BRAND” and why is it important
We face lots of choices with little time!
Many products/services have similar features!
! ! People buy what they know and trust !
Strive to get noticed by creating a remarkable brand
Get noticed by creating a remarkable brand
BRANDS EXIST IN THE MINDS OF CONSUMERS
• YOU are your greatest advantage • Everyone has a perception of you • Define yourself before someone else does !
Position Your Solution
• Generates the greatest value • Group you are in the best position to serve
Position Your Solution
Positioning • Positioning is about where you fit in the marketplace, what you do that is meaningfully different, and how you want your consumers to think of you! ! • Brands that are well positioned have less selling to do as they forge relationships with their consumers, and hold a high level of trust!
BASIC POSITIONING FRAMEWORK 1
Who you’re selling to [ CONSUMER ]
Who you’re competing against [ FRAME OF REFERENCE ]
How you’re going to win [ POINT OF DIFFERENCE ]
To adults who view restaurant pizza as the gold standard, DiGiorno is the frozen pizza with a fresh baked
taste youâ€™d expect from carry-out
To value-conscious consumers of all income levels, Target is the brand of discount retailer that delivers
great design at reasonable prices
To parents with young children, Whole Family Entertainment is the event company that appeals to
audiences of all ages
meaningfully different AND
• Your target can’t see your value if you can’t effectively communicate it to them • Effective communication requires visibility, simplicity & focus
FOCUS Do your communications simply answer?
1 Who are you?
What do you do?
2 Why should I care?
FEATURES VS. BENEFITS • Features are easily copied, hence make it harder to standout • Speak directly to your consumer’s wants by clearly describing the benefit to what you do
• Make content actionable • Demonstrate with stories • Delight and ignite conversations • Show personality !
VISUAL BRAND AUDIT
• Positioning Gap = Difference between brand communication and consumer understanding
• Create brand experiences that are worthy of remembering and passing along • Build consumer intimacy by making personal connections • Think of industry norms you can make extraordinary • Remember, people don’t recommend things that are average
thank you ! Silvia M. Camps BRAND DEVELOPMENT GROUP www. branddev.com
Silvia M. Camps BRAND DEVELOPMENT GROUP www. branddev.com