November 4, 2012 Wawasee Community Bible Church Milford, Indiana Pastor Josh Weiland
1:10 HOMEWORK What did you learn this week?
WEEK 14: BEGINNING OF SORROWS MATTHEW 24
Read Matthew 24:1-28 1. According to 24:6–7, what events will precede Jesus’ return? How do you see this being fulfilled today?
2. The New Testament warns about false prophets. What do the following passages teach on this subject: Acts 20:29; 2 Corinthians 11:1–6; Galatians 1:6–9; 2 Thessalonians 2:3–4; Jude 3–4?
3. Is it right for Christians to speculate about the last things?
4. In the light of 24:9–12, should we be optimistic or pessimistic about the future?
5. Do you worry about these things taking place? Why?
6. Read Luke 21:14-19. Luke 21 is Luke’s account of Jesus giving this prophecy. How does Jesus say believers will make it through these days?
7. How can we decide whether or not someone is a false prophet?
8. How can someone be ready for these days?