Sunday, May 8, 2011 Wawasee Community Bible Church Milford, Indiana Pastor Josh Weiland
• ________________________________________ • ________________________________________ • ________________________________________ • ________________________________________ • ________________________________________
______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________
_________________ _________________ __________________!
Think _________________. (Hebrews 3:1-6ff)
Sin ____________________ within us...
We must ______________________ sin! Examples...
Dress the part... ____________________ Jesus. LEARN CONTINUALLY about Jesus, and to image Jesus. Out with the old, in with the new... (2 Cor. 5:17) Already... ...Not Yet
1. How does what you think about and focus on and set your mind on affect the way you live?
2. How do you think a person sets their heart and mind on “things above”? (See Philippians 4:8-9)
3. Read Colossians 3:1-2. Why focus on “things above”?
4. Read Philippians 3:18-19. Here Paul talks about those whose minds are set on “earthy things” rather than on things above. What are the characteristics of these people?
5. Read Hebrews 12:1-3, Philippians 3:7-16, and Colossians 3:1-4. What earthly entaglements exert a downward drag on your soul? What worldly attractions have become distractions and keep your mind off of Jesus?
6. In verse 3 Paul says our lives are “hidden with Christ in God.” How do some of the following references help shed light on this fact?
1 Peter 1:3-6
7. In verse 4 Paul says that when Jesus appears, we will also appear with him in glory. How do the following referrences describe what that will be like?
1 Corinthians 4:5
1 John 3:2
8. In verses 5-9, Paul instructs us to kill our sin and lists examples of sin that is common to all people. Why does Paul urge us to rid ourselves of such things when weâ€™re already new creatures?
9. Paul compares our battle with sin to changing our clothes. Taking off the old, filthy clothes and puttong on new, clean ones. How is taking off the old self and puttong on the new self like changing clothes? (3:9-12)
10. Is this a simple task? Does it require great effort?
11. Is it external or internal? (See Romans 12:2 & Matthew 15:18-20)
12. Is it a one time change or an ongoing process?
13. What sin(s) do you must struggle to put off?