Issuu on Google+

Yesterday, 12:41 PM meijin WatchGeeks Owner True WatchGeek

Join Date: Feb 2008 Location: Atlanta, GA Posts: 11,916 Real Name: Michael

The questioning of Sellita After the presentation of this last Lupah Revolution with the Sellita SW-500 in it, it was kind of funny to hear (and see) that Sellita got several questions concerning the movement, the origins of the movement, the relationship between Sellita and Invicta and also questioning the fact that was presented concerning the information given out that Sellita actually built the timepiece as a part of our ongoing relationship with them. Most of the guys are the same ones that tried to create a "dust up" with Dubois Depraz a while back. Here's one of the questions that was sent: Quote: I understand that you recently sold SW 500 movements to a watch company and also cased the watches for them. It was also claimed you built the entire watch except the original exterior case. I have never heard of such a thing by Sellita. Is this a fact or a mis-statement or misunderstanding by the customer. Here is the response sent from someone in senior management for their operations team: Quote: Thank you for your inquiry we recieved yesterday. Yes, it is correct, that we did assemble / cased-in the entire watch. It was really kind of funny that the question above actually came in from a "fishy" guy that started some of the hater sites that are out there on the Internet. I am going to assume that he is not going to post this response on his site. Anyway, it just goes to show the strong relationships that Invicta has within the watch and movement community the world over. In the case of Sellita, that relationship will be further proven in the future with the Sellita SW-300 and SW-400 (but more to come on that later! LOL!). And also companies like Dubois Depraz, Ronda and many others. Anyway, I thought some of you might find this a little funny. Especially those that have had a bit more interaction with those of a "fishy" nature. __________________ Michael


Argument is meant to reveal the truth, not to create it. ~ Edward de Bono Invicta...in hoc nomen vinces!

3 Lastest Threads by meijin Thread

Forum

Schedule change for General Invicta Watch Discussions today

The questioning of Sellita

Loss of hours

meijin meijin meijin meijin #2 Yesterday, 12:45 PM

General Invicta Watch Discussions

Android Watches

Last Poster Replies Views

hootchlid

Krazy

strydewatch

Last Post 01262011 07:35 AM

33

536

102

01252332 2011 12:41 PM

51

01231191 2011 11:14 PM


Chief68 WatchGeeks Moderator True WatchGeek

Join Date: Jan 2009 Location: Staten Island New York Posts: 13,380 Real Name: Nick

The same people just keep trying to cause trouble for Invicta and they should just sit back and enjoy the product they put out at GREAT prices. JMHO __________________

NYPD Emergency Service Unit

Chief68 Chief68 Chief68 Visit Chief68's homepage! Chief68 Chief68 #3 Yesterday, 12:46 PM rjones1994 Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Sanford, Florida


Posts: 1,592 Real Name: BOB

Super Geek

Thankx Michael. Eyal did say the facts as you explained and I thought that this is a good thing and shows a strong partnership. rjones1994 rjones1994 rjones1994 rjones1994 #4 Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Gregg Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Jun 2008 Location: Vallejo, Calif. Posts: 2,869 Real Name: Gregg (New Geek)

I did watch the show in which Eyal did say that Sellita actually assembled the/put the Lupah case together. I guess I took him at face value for his statements. Why wouldn't I? I do think sometimes with the haters as they are called that they are just that and nothing more!!! I don't even want to acknowledge them or give them credence even if negative or disparaging in nature. Great watching everyone (Vendors) come out and talk about their respective products. Great job by all!!!!! Gregg Gregg Gregg Gregg #5 Yesterday, 12:55 PM


ao Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Mar 2009 Location: Honolulu, Hawaii Posts: 2,656

Great post MD! I guess that's, as Scott Hall used to say, "One more for the Good Guys!" ao ao ao ao ao #6 Yesterday, 12:58 PM Runnin' Ute Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Feb 2010 Location: Sandy, UT Posts: 2,031 Real Name: Brad

I hadn't heard this although it doesn't come as a surprise that some would question the veracity of statements made by representatives of both Invicta and ShopNBC on this. Just because you have never heard of a company doing a certain thing doesn't mean they don't do it - at least on occasion. Thanks for the information, Mike! __________________


Brad "Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that's the stuff life is made of." Benjamin Franklin Runnin' Ute Runnin' Ute Runnin' Ute Runnin' Ute Runnin' Ute #7 Yesterday, 12:58 PM

tkromer Senior Member True WatchGeek

Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: Morgantown WV Posts: 14,297 Real Name: Tommy

Questioning the unknown is natural and human nature. Questioning what someone says is where it crosses the line IMO. tkromer tkromer tkromer tkromer


tkromer #8 Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Jessiedart Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: Rhode Island Posts: 938

Michael, I think this kind of thing has made me make up my mind. I'm Buying the Lupah Today ! With trouble starting emails like that, it's just tells me that "other" companies and people Fear a watch with this level of refinement for this price. Amazing someone would take the time to try to "find" issues where there are none... Shameful indeed. __________________

JESSIE DART

Jessiedart Jessiedart Jessiedart Jessiedart #9 Yesterday, 01:14 PM Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Universal City, Texas (N.E. of San unclefixit Antonio) Senior Member Posts: 1,879 Super Geek Real Name: Jay


Thanks for that Mike, I needed a good laugh today. Some "Fishy guy"... LMFAO unclefixit unclefixit unclefixit unclefixit #10 Yesterday, 01:19 PM Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Sacramento, CA Posts: 715 Real Name: Will

ucdavisboy Senior Member Veteran Geek

I like salmon. __________________ "I am tired of being asked to pretend stupid is a virtue." ucdavisboy ucdavisboy ucdavisboy ucdavisboy #11 Yesterday, 01:24 PM

BIG T LI Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: Suffolk County, Long Island, NY Posts: 1,609 Real Name: Tommy


Quote: Originally Posted by Chief68

The same people just keep trying to cause trouble for Invicta and they should just sit back and enjoy the product they put out at GREAT prices. JMHO +1 __________________

BIG T LI BIG T LI Visit BIG T LI's homepage! BIG T LI BIG T LI #12 Yesterday, 01:26 PM

jackievictor Senior Member Super Geek

Great post Micheal. Thanks.

Join Date: Jan 2009 Location: Upstate, NY Posts: 2,252 Real Name: Victor


Not that you need it, but it always nice to be vindicated. As long as Inviocta keeps doing what it been doing, they'll always have the last laugh. __________________

Victor jackievictor jackievictor jackievictor jackievictor #13 Yesterday, 01:37 PM numiswatchrocker Member Member Geek

Join Date: Dec 2009 Posts: 99

GOOD POINT MICHAEL. I MAKE IT A POINT TO LISTEN VERY CAREFULL TO ALL THE INFO GIVEN AT A WATCH PRESENTATION. I HEARD ALL THAT EYAL SAID,AND THAT MADE ME WANT THE WATCH EVEN MORE. IT IS NOW ON THE WAY. I ALSO HAVE THE OTHER WATCH MENTIONED WI TH THE D/D MOVEMENT AND LOVE IT! I HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. THERE IS TOO MUCH BASHING BEING DONE ON W/G. LETS ALL ENJOY THE HOBBY! LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!!! numiswatchrocker numiswatchrocker numiswatchrocker


numiswatchrocker numiswatchrocker #14 Yesterday, 01:40 PM Panda03Bear Senior Member True WatchGeek

Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: Silver Spring, MD. Posts: 9,904 Real Name: Adam

Hahahaha! Howd you come about the question and response? That is great though. Those clowns always trying to poke invicta and "discover" a lie. Glad to hear the result Michael. Thanks __________________

- Family, that's what's up - Black Eye Dye

Panda03Bear Panda03Bear Panda03Bear Panda03Bear Panda03Bear #15 Yesterday, 01:42 PM Bigmac Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2009 Posts: 254


Senior Geek

I thought it was startin' to smell in here! Bigmac Bigmac Bigmac Bigmac #16 Yesterday, 01:46 PM

MessalineApghar Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: NYC Burbs Posts: 1,468 Real Name: Ian

I've heard/seen /experieced lots about invicta, both pro and con, and I didn't even think twice about Eyal's comment about Sellita casing the Lupah; it made perfect sense to me; first productrun of a movement, first production run of the case for it ot just made sense for them to do the work and work out the fitment bugs like the hand height. __________________ If you wanna run cool, yes, if you wanna run cool, you've got to run on heavy heavy fuel - Dire Straits MessalineApghar MessalineApghar MessalineApghar MessalineApghar MessalineApghar #17 Yesterday, 01:50 PM


tdub57 Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: May 2008 Location: Newark, NJ Posts: 1,335 Real Name: Terrence

I watched the presentation by Eyal and thought wow what a great selling feature. I had no doubt what Eyal said was true, especially after being the first manufacturer to sell a watch with this movement. I hope this will shut up the detractors once and for all (wishfull thinking on my part). Bring on Basel! __________________ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I'm Watching my Watches tdub57 tdub57 tdub57 tdub57 tdub57 #18 Yesterday, 02:00 PM njsaintsfan Junior Member New Geek

Join Date: Feb 2010 Location: Nutley , N.J. Posts: 14 Real Name: Dan

Cant wait to get my Lupah Revo , and cant wait to see another piece with the dubois depraz. Thanks for making these Beautys affordable. njsaintsfan njsaintsfan njsaintsfan njsaintsfan #19


Yesterday, 02:07 PM

reserveman Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Nov 2009 Location: Las Vegas Nv. Posts: 4,232 Real Name: Ralph Williams

I feel Eyal realizes that we listen to what is claimed and doesnt say something that gets negative feedback after what happened with the DD movement and Sandstone. I have no reason what so ever to not believe Eyal,Jim and Micheal. All I know is the 70 something watches i've purchased in the last yr that NONE of them have had any problems and i'm very happy with them. reserveman reserveman reserveman reserveman reserveman #20 Yesterday, 02:09 PM randingo Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Eastern WA State Posts: 214

I, too, caught Eyal's comments about this Lupah being assembled by Sellita. Had no reason to doubt it. Exciting news actually. As has been mentioned, it speaks volumes of Invicta's relationship with this watch movement company. One can liken "haters" to "bullies" "bullies" = insecure about themselves = spew "fightin' words" to get a reaction while really just trying to draw attention to themselves. As if this somehow makes them feel better about some kind of perceived personal shortcoming they may be embarrassed or ashamed of. Thought this behavior was left back in the playground. Not talking about bringing up a watch-related topic (or any other topic) for discussion in an appropiate venue. Rather those that just spew for the sake of spewing. Just my .02...


Thanks for the info Mike. __________________

randingo randingo randingo randingo #21 Yesterday, 02:11 PM

jade330i Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Jun 2010 Location: Atlanta, GA Posts: 1,747 Real Name: James

Good to know Mike.....thanks. I think the more you acknowledge your detractors the more credence you give them. __________________

More government is not the cure for the defect of less personal responsibility, it's an enabler; if people aren't accountable for their own actions then who is?" jade330i jade330i jade330i


jade330i jade330i #22 Yesterday, 02:16 PM

kdog45 Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Feb 2010 Location: bronx,newyork Posts: 2,303 Real Name: mark

you no what i dont under stand if you dont like something than dont buy it period end of story. __________________

kdog45 kdog45 kdog45 kdog45 #23 Yesterday, 02:17 PM Panchester Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Jul 2010 Location: Chicago area Posts: 154 Real Name: Sasha Logan

Thanks for this post. I am far cry from being Invicta hater, but I will always voice my opinion, and sometimes my opinion is different than yours.


That being said, I must underline something : 1. Never had one single problem with Sellita movements in my Invicta's. 2. NEVER had one single problem with my Invicta with Duboiz Depraz. This is kind of funny, because I read all kinds of scary stories about this watch. Not only that I never sent back this watch for the service, but this watch keeps fantastic time for me and it's one of my favorites. Too bad I am not in diamonds otherwise I would buy that Lupah with SW500. Panchester Panchester Panchester #24 Yesterday, 02:23 PM the watcher Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Nov 2008 Posts: 1,042

With many of the "mis-statements" and "mis-quotes" that are slung around, it is nice to finally see the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!!! Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention Mike. the watcher the watcher the watcher the watcher #25 Yesterday, 02:27 PM stormin Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: 5 miles east of omaha Posts: 592 Real Name: norman

yea, to bad the know it alls dont have a life.

TUSCATIM

Join Date: Jan 2009


Member Member Geek

Location: Tuscaloosa, Al RTR Posts: 68 Real Name: Tim

Mike thanks for the info/clarifiaction. It makes sense to me Sellita would want to case the first group of watches to use the SW-500 movenment. This way they can give instructions and tips on casing to Invicta and the other watch companies who will use that movement in the future. Why someone would want to make positive information into a negative is beyond me. HMM maybe salmon or flounder for dinner. No when it smells it's bad. TUSCATIM TUSCATIM TUSCATIM TUSCATIM #27 Yesterday, 02:34 PM kuya Senior Member Senior Geek Interesting I am sorry I missed the show. Good to see the new concepts being done by Invicta and Selitta. kuya kuya kuya kuya #28 Yesterday, 02:41 PM

Join Date: Oct 2009 Location: Connecticut Posts: 273


Join Date: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,280 AZinNJ Senior Member Super Geek

I love any and all POSITIVE Invicta Threads...I can't even begin to tell you how tired I am of the negative/hater sites and threads etc...It's become so unbelievably irritating for me! Thank you Michael for posting this thread! AZinNJ AZinNJ AZinNJ AZinNJ AZinNJ #29 Yesterday, 02:41 PM Mike_NavyNuke Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: Norfolk VA Posts: 2,013 Real Name: Mike

Quote: Originally Posted by tkromer Questioning the unknown is natural and human nature. Questioning what someone says is where it crosses the line IMO. So no one should ever question what they are told? I disagree completely. I feel that people have the right to question people, especially when considering an expensive purchase. In fact, I would go as far as state that it is their DUTY as a knowledgeable consumer to question what someone is telling them. e.g.-only a sucker would go to a shady used car dealership and believe everything they are told by the salesman....(not comparing Invicta to that, just an separate example). __________________


Mike_NavyNuke Mike_NavyNuke Mike_NavyNuke Mike_NavyNuke #30 Yesterday, 02:44 PM

50mm&up Senior Member True WatchGeek

Join Date: Jun 2009 Location: Braintee, MA. Posts: 15,179 Real Name: Rick

It is funny Michael, nothing better to do than try and discredit Invicta, Eyal, Jill and you. You ever feel you need a bodyguard, I'd do it for free! __________________

LET GREG PITCH Please visit this FB page and "like" it. http://www.facebook.com/LetGregPitch


50mm&up 50mm&up 50mm&up 50mm&up 50mm&up #31 Yesterday, 02:52 PM

The V-Man Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Feb 2009 Location: Langhorne, PA Posts: 300 Real Name: Vince

thanks Mike __________________ If a man's mistakes determine what he was, then what he does about those mistakes, should determine what he is The V-Man The V-Man The V-Man The V-Man The V-Man #32 Yesterday, 03:02 PM JJ-WATCHES Senior Member Senior Geek

I love it Mike....LOL __________________

Join Date: Jul 2008 Location: Dallas, TX Posts: 122 Real Name: Kenneth


JJ-WATCHES JJ-WATCHES JJ-WATCHES JJ-WATCHES #33 Yesterday, 03:11 PM

delo149 Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Nov 2008 Location: Long Island, New York Posts: 1,283

would love to have been there when the "hater" read that response....must have been classic __________________

delo149 delo149 delo149


delo149 delo149 #34 Yesterday, 04:34 PM

kenshabby Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Aug 2009 Location: St. Louis, MO Posts: 403 Real Name: Trae

Quote: Originally Posted by delo149 would love to have been there when the "hater" read that response....must have been classic That must have been very disappointing indeed... kenshabby kenshabby kenshabby kenshabby #35 Yesterday, 04:54 PM

jlovesseconds Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Jun 2009 Location: durham nc. Posts: 3,979 Real Name: joe

not suprizing that these guys are trying to stir something up,like you said they won't post the responce though,like i said before,i'm not a huge fan of the lupa,but definetly would grab this one if i could __________________


jlovesseconds jlovesseconds jlovesseconds jlovesseconds jlovesseconds #36 Yesterday, 04:55 PM jeff meade Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Mar 2010 Posts: 344

Great 411 for all of us . Thanks for taking the time to share !!! jeff meade jeff meade jeff meade jeff meade #37 Yesterday, 04:59 PM

bkacher1063 Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Mar 2009 Location: Henderson, NV Posts: 451 Real Name: Barry Anderson

I know that this kind of thing has to be tiring and frustrating. I also know that you, Jim, Eyal and the others are all big boys and can handle it, but please know that there are some of us out here that apprecitate, support and believe in you. Please keep up the great work and don't get discouraged.


bkacher1063 bkacher1063 bkacher1063 bkacher1063 #38 Yesterday, 05:05 PM curiousgeorge Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Apr 2009 Location: Mpls Posts: 3,099 Real Name: George

Michael don't be so coy(sic) about who this could be. Must've spoiled his whole week of planned carping. Thanks for the good post, must be one angry fish in that pond. curiousgeorge curiousgeorge curiousgeorge curiousgeorge #39 Yesterday, 05:12 PM

JoeH Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Aug 2008 Location: Machester, Ct. Posts: 2,957 Real Name: Joe H

Mike there is always someone trying discredit Invicta.... We all know that Invicta makes a great watch.... __________________ Joe


JoeH JoeH JoeH JoeH JoeH #40 Yesterday, 05:19 PM

bichondaddy1057 Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Mar 2009 Location: Spring, TX Posts: 2,809 Real Name: Larry

Thanks for the information Mike!!! As one who happens to belong to other forums....I have seen the "fishy guys" posts now and then. To me....it just seems to be a personal thing that some people have against Invicta and the rest of you guys. Why????? I don't know. I have been ill for over a year now...and somehow trying to stir up problems for a watch company and Shopnbc seems to be a waste of what precious time we all have. I've had a heart attack, 2 major blood clots in my legs, and survived a bout with cancer, in the last 3 years...any of which could have ended my life. I also have found out in this time that I had


diabeties that was undiagnosed for nearly 15 years...and now have perpherial neuropathy in my legs. I am just happy to wake up each morning, kiss my wife and let my dogs outside. I also enjoy myself on here and another nice watch forum. The majority of my collection is filled with Invicta's...and I happen to enjoy each and every one of them...and since I am homebound...I sometimes wear two or three different watches a day!!! It keeps me entertained!! __________________

Larry in Spring, Tx

bichondaddy1057 bichondaddy1057 bichondaddy1057 bichondaddy1057 bichondaddy1057 #41 Yesterday, 05:20 PM Tandi Senior Member Senior Geek

Quote: Originally Posted by Mike_NavyNuke

Join Date: May 2010 Posts: 361


So no one should ever question what they are told? I disagree completely. I feel that people have the right to question people, especially when considering an expensive purchase. In fact, I would go as far as state that it is their DUTY as a knowledgeable consumer to question what someone is telling them. e.g.-only a sucker would go to a shady used car dealership and believe everything they are told by the salesman....(not comparing Invicta to that, just an separate example). I would agree with you, question everything if it involves your hard earned money Tandi Tandi Tandi Tandi Tandi #42 Yesterday, 05:30 PM Panda03Bear Senior Member True WatchGeek

Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: Silver Spring, MD. Posts: 9,904 Real Name: Adam

Quote: Originally Posted by 50mm&up It is funny Michael, nothing better to do than try and discredit Invicta, Eyal, Jill and you. You ever feel you need a bodyguard, I'd do it for free! Guessing with his giant stature and martial arts background he has it covered! Hahaha __________________


- Family, that's what's up - Black Eye Dye

Panda03Bear Panda03Bear Panda03Bear Panda03Bear Panda03Bear #43 Yesterday, 05:31 PM

kramer5150 Senior Member Super Geek

Thanks Mike for clarifying!!

__________________

kramer5150

Join Date: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,741


kramer5150 kramer5150 kramer5150 #44 Yesterday, 05:32 PM

Chief68 WatchGeeks Moderator True WatchGeek

Join Date: Jan 2009 Location: Staten Island New York Posts: 13,380 Real Name: Nick

Quote: Originally Posted by Mike_NavyNuke So no one should ever question what they are told? I disagree completely. I feel that people have the right to question people, especially when considering an expensive purchase. In fact, I would go as far as state that it is their DUTY as a knowledgeable consumer to question what someone is telling them. e.g.-only a sucker would go to a shady used car dealership and believe everything they are told by the salesman....(not comparing Invicta to that, just an separate example).

There is a big difference between asking a question and trying to go out of your way to destroy a company and certain peoples jobs. I would suggest Mike Navynuke if you are going to take a stand that you do it for the right reasons and the right people -This is a bad choice. __________________


NYPD Emergency Service Unit

Chief68 Chief68 Chief68 Visit Chief68's homepage! Chief68 Chief68 #45 Yesterday, 05:56 PM

iav84u Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Oct 2009 Location: Midland Michigan Posts: 774 Real Name: Jim

All I can say is I haven't been around the hobby long enough to understand the "fish" inuendos, but I know I love the watch and wish I could get one right now. As for the hater, he must be more Crappy than Salmon. __________________ "Why do you need more watches," she says. "Because I don't do drugs and its the next best high."


iav84u iav84u iav84u iav84u #46 Yesterday, 06:01 PM meijin WatchGeeks Owner True WatchGeek

Join Date: Feb 2008 Location: Atlanta, GA Posts: 11,916 Real Name: Michael

Quote: Originally Posted by Mike_NavyNuke So no one should ever question what they are told? I disagree completely. I feel that people have the right to question people, especially when considering an expensive purchase. In fact, I would go as far as state that it is their DUTY as a knowledgeable consumer to question what someone is telling them. e.g.-only a sucker would go to a shady used car dealership and believe everything they are told by the salesman....(not comparing Invicta to that, just an separate example). No Mike, I have never, EVER said that folks cannot or should not question whatever they'd like. Hell, if anyone had a question in regards to the topic at hand, I would have been more than happy to have sent them the appropriate contact information for the folks at Sellita that could verify what Eyal and I both had to say about the movement and build of the Lupah. The particular person in question is someone many of us are familiar with. He has created a hater site where he attacks me, Jim and Eyal personally. He is one of the main people that started all of the "big deal" behind Invicta's relationship with Dubois Depraz. When it was announced (by DD no less) that there was, in fact, an ongoing relationship with them, he didn't bother to report that to his minions. He threatens lawsuits of all types and has been doing so for a couple of years. Still waiting on that one...especially when we found a post of his asking for free legal advice on a legal forum. I guess his high priced shark of an attorney had the day off that day. He has assured his minions that the FBI was going to be kicking in the doors of our home to arrest the owners of Watchgeeks. Still waiting on that one to happen too. So, when a complete and total douche bag like this "fishy guy" gets a little comeuppance, I'll throw it out there. But, don't read more into it than what is there, eh? __________________ Michael


Argument is meant to reveal the truth, not to create it. ~ Edward de Bono Invicta...in hoc nomen vinces!

meijin meijin meijin meijin #47 Yesterday, 06:11 PM

50mm&up Senior Member True WatchGeek

Join Date: Jun 2009 Location: Braintee, MA. Posts: 15,179 Real Name: Rick

Quote: Originally Posted by Panda03Bear Guessing with his giant stature and martial arts background he has it covered! Hahaha Adam, you know I like to rough people up! __________________

LET GREG PITCH Please visit this FB page and "like" it. http://www.facebook.com/LetGregPitch


50mm&up 50mm&up 50mm&up 50mm&up 50mm&up #48 Yesterday, 06:13 PM

Gregg Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Jun 2008 Location: Vallejo, Calif. Posts: 2,869 Real Name: Gregg (New Geek)

Quote: Originally Posted by meijin No Mike, I have never, EVER said that folks cannot or should not question whatever they'd like. Hell, if anyone had a question in regards to the topic at hand, I would have been more than happy to have sent them the appropriate contact information for the folks at Sellita that could verify what Eyal and I both had to say about the movement and build of the Lupah. The particular person in question is someone many of us are familiar with. He has created a hater site where he attacks me, Jim and Eyal personally. He is one of the main people that started all of the "big deal" behind Invicta's relationship with Dubois Depraz. When it was announced (by DD no less) that there was, in fact, an ongoing relationship with them, he didn't bother to report that to his minions. He threatens lawsuits of all types and has been doing so for a couple of years. Still waiting on that one...especially when we found a post of his asking for free legal advice on a legal forum. I guess his high priced shark of an attorney had the day off that day. He has assured his minions that the FBI was going to be kicking in the doors of our home to arrest the owners of Watchgeeks. Still waiting on that one to happen too. So, when a complete and total douche bag like this "fishy guy" gets a little comeuppance, I'll throw it out there. But, don't read more into it than what is there, eh? I don't like giving credence or anything to even acknowledge this type of behavior so too bad about about all this hater stuff. If the fish is bad then throw it out! Gregg Gregg


Gregg Gregg #49 Yesterday, 06:21 PM meijin WatchGeeks Owner True WatchGeek

Join Date: Feb 2008 Location: Atlanta, GA Posts: 11,916 Real Name: Michael

Quote: Originally Posted by 50mm&up It is funny Michael, nothing better to do than try and discredit Invicta, Eyal, Jill and you. You ever feel you need a bodyguard, I'd do it for free! Thanks for the offer, but I don't think it is needed. There keyboard commandos and punks don't have the cojones to step out of the shadows of the internet to address anyone face to face. __________________ Michael

Argument is meant to reveal the truth, not to create it. ~ Edward de Bono Invicta...in hoc nomen vinces!

meijin meijin meijin meijin #50 Yesterday, 06:40 PM


Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: Sharpsburg, GA Posts: 182 Real Name: Keith Porter

GunnyP Senior Member Senior Geek

Bottom line.......if you don't like a company's product, then don't buy it. No sense in going on a crusade trying to demean a company. Better yet...if you can do better, then start your own company. Invicta is successful for one reason, people like the product. When Invicta stops meeting customer's expectations then it will cease to exist. For now..."What Time Is It?" __________________

USMC-Retired

surferman Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: May 2010 Location: primarily--Los Angeles area. Posts: 1,471 Real Name: John

Thanks for the post in providing the confirming information. surferman surferman surferman


surferman #52 Yesterday, 06:43 PM

50mm&up Senior Member True WatchGeek

Join Date: Jun 2009 Location: Braintee, MA. Posts: 15,179 Real Name: Rick

Quote: Originally Posted by meijin Thanks for the offer, but I don't think it is needed. There keyboard commandos and punks don't have the cojones to step out of the shadows of the internet to address anyone face to face. I know, didn't mean you couldn't handle yourself, I'm sure you can just fine! __________________

LET GREG PITCH Please visit this FB page and "like" it. http://www.facebook.com/LetGregPitch 50mm&up 50mm&up 50mm&up 50mm&up 50mm&up #53 Yesterday, 06:48 PM


strutn45 Senior Member True WatchGeek

Join Date: Mar 2009 Location: "Da Swamp" LA. Posts: 11,456 Real Name: John "DID DAT"

Quote: Originally Posted by 50mm&up Adam, you know I like to rough people up! Get'em Fitty! __________________

strutn45 strutn45 strutn45 strutn45 #54 Yesterday, 06:53 PM

zulumack Senior Member Super Geek

Quote: Originally Posted by meijin

Join Date: Oct 2009 Location: CT Posts: 1,556 Real Name: john


No Mike, I have never, EVER said that folks cannot or should not question whatever they'd like. Hell, if anyone had a question in regards to the topic at hand, I would have been more than happy to have sent them the appropriate contact information for the folks at Sellita that could verify what Eyal and I both had to say about the movement and build of the Lupah. The particular person in question is someone many of us are familiar with. He has created a hater site where he attacks me, Jim and Eyal personally. He is one of the main people that started all of the "big deal" behind Invicta's relationship with Dubois Depraz. When it was announced (by DD no less) that there was, in fact, an ongoing relationship with them, he didn't bother to report that to his minions. He threatens lawsuits of all types and has been doing so for a couple of years. Still waiting on that one...especially when we found a post of his asking for free legal advice on a legal forum. I guess his high priced shark of an attorney had the day off that day. He has assured his minions that the FBI was going to be kicking in the doors of our home to arrest the owners of Watchgeeks. Still waiting on that one to happen too. So, when a complete and total douche bag like this "fishy guy" gets a little comeuppance, I'll throw it out there. But, don't read more into it than what is there, eh? As the saying goes... its not what you do.. it's how you do it. some of us asked questions about the dd and we got our answers. That( fishy) Just don't like invicta or it's soldier's! zulumack zulumack zulumack zulumack #55 Yesterday, 07:09 PM fxdb10 Member Member Geek

Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: oklahoma Posts: 88

Quote: Originally Posted by Chief68

The same people just keep trying to cause trouble for Invicta and they should just sit back and enjoy the product they put out at GREAT prices. JMHO +1-I for one totally agree,leave well enough alone and enjoy the great deals and killer watches that invicta brings to us!If it was'nt for Invicta, Android and sturhling we would be forced to have to pay ridiculous price points that alot of us would not be able to afford to do what we have come to love. Thank You Michael for sharing this w/us and we appreciate all that you and Jim do here for us!Gunsmith"NICK"


fxdb10 fxdb10 fxdb10 fxdb10 fxdb10 #56 Yesterday, 07:10 PM Robert H Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: May 2009 Location: Texas Posts: 1,096 Real Name: Robert

thanks micheal Robert H Robert H Robert H Robert H Robert H #57 Yesterday, 07:18 PM Wacky Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Dec 2010 Location: WV Posts: 100 Real Name: Craig

Personally Mike, I believe that they are just spreading , because of the jealousy factor that invicta has excellent business relations with their suppliers. Or, it could be that they have been (and will be) buying similar watches at a much higher price, and need a group ! Anyway, if you guys continue making great watches at a reasonable price, the fisherman will continue to


follow. We will deal with it as deemed necessary.

Now, about the SW400??? Last edited by Wacky; Yesterday at 07:20 PM. Reason: correction Wacky Wacky Wacky Wacky #58 Yesterday, 07:55 PM

ChuckBuckner Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: Arkansas Posts: 485

I wish I knew what the other site was. I have a morbid curiosity I guess, LOL. Someone PM me. __________________ Revelation 22:10 "...for the time is at hand." ChuckBuckner ChuckBuckner ChuckBuckner ChuckBuckner #59 Yesterday, 08:07 PM

ChuckBuckner Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: Arkansas Posts: 485


Just went there and saw all I wanted to see. Ridiculous. Now I feel like I need to give my computer a shower to wash off all the HATE! But it did look like they had a couple hundred "posters". Wow. Very impressive, LOL

__________________ Revelation 22:10 "...for the time is at hand." ChuckBuckner ChuckBuckner ChuckBuckner ChuckBuckner #60 Yesterday, 08:09 PM Join Date: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,280 AZinNJ Senior Member Super Geek

Quote: Originally Posted by ChuckBuckner Just went there and saw all I wanted to see. Ridiculous. Now I feel like I need to give my computer a shower to wash off all the HATE! LOL! Well at least it fed your curiosity... AZinNJ AZinNJ AZinNJ AZinNJ AZinNJ


#61 Yesterday, 08:22 PM

jwin66 Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: Philadelphia, PA Posts: 709 Real Name: Jon

Thanks Mike Some people have nothing better to do with their time than to attack a watch company like Invicta Watch Group. It's almost as if they are on some kind of fishing expedition to try to catch Invicta in lie. I would say to them, 'What difference does it make whether Invicta and Sellita are in a partnership or not, or whether Sellita assembled the entire watch from start to finish.' Invicta was smart to establish solid footing with a movement manufacturer like Sellita, due to the ever increasing constraints placed by ETA. I am excited to see what Sellita and Invicta will develop in the future with even more complex movements. Jon __________________


jwin66 jwin66 jwin66 jwin66 jwin66 #62 Yesterday, 08:40 PM

tempusviator Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Dec 2009 Location: New England Posts: 723 Real Name: Marco ("CO")

Quote: Originally Posted by meijin No Mike, I have never, EVER said that folks cannot or should not question whatever they'd like. Hell, if anyone had a question in regards to the topic at hand, I would have been more than happy to have sent them the appropriate contact information for the folks at Sellita that could verify what Eyal and I both had to say about the movement and build of the Lupah. The particular person in question is someone many of us are familiar with. He has created a hater site where he attacks me, Jim and Eyal personally. He is one of the main people that started all of the "big deal" behind Invicta's relationship with Dubois Depraz. When it was announced (by DD no less) that there was, in fact, an ongoing relationship with them, he didn't bother to report that to his minions. He threatens lawsuits of all types and has been


doing so for a couple of years. Still waiting on that one...especially when we found a post of his asking for free legal advice on a legal forum. I guess his high priced shark of an attorney had the day off that day. He has assured his minions that the FBI was going to be kicking in the doors of our home to arrest the owners of Watchgeeks. Still waiting on that one to happen too. So, when a complete and total douche bag like this "fishy guy" gets a little comeuppance, I'll throw it out there. But, don't read more into it than what is there, eh?

YES, WELL-SAID MIKE!!! You kill me man!!! I’ve said it before, but under the circumstances it bears repeating. Just imagine what a lowbrow, pathetic loser this "Fishy Guy" must be - not to mention the sycophant yes-“men" who lap up the insipid nonsense that he spews incessantly day after day on that silly little site. What a monumentally stupid, ridiculous way to spend ones time and energy – sitting around watching home shopping TV programming – not because you like or are interested in purchasing the products offered for sale, but rather to play out some sort of bizarre, utterly pointless, paranoid delusional gotcha fantasy. What a waste of an existence. We get it already: “Fishy Guy” doesn’t like Invicta and those who promote or support the brand. Guess what “Fishy Guy” … we don’t care, so just go away. IMHO, “Fishy Guy” and those who share his sick, twisted moronic views could not possibly slither back under the rocks from whence they came and get on with the evidently otherwise vapid, bitter lives they lead fast enough to suit me. tempusviator tempusviator tempusviator tempusviator #63 Yesterday, 08:52 PM nachtnoir Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Jul 2008 Posts: 266


I myself see this as a watch snob issue. I have taken watches to a high end jeweler in town to be resized on a few occasions before I got the watch kit. This jeweler sold several well known brands but did not have a watch "guy". The sales people and the person who resized them thought my Invictas were as nice as the brands they sold and complimentary of the quality of them. I had the occasion to take an Invicta to a watch repair shop here in town and the guy had multiple deregatory comments of that "tv brand". When I asked his specific problems with the watch he simply could not find one. His only comment was, "Its sold on tv.". He had no comment when I asked about if any of the brands that he sold being swiss made had a five year warranty, if he could offer something comparable in quality for a similar price. It comes down to some snob, who feels inadequate because he bought an expensive watch that is not as good as a much cheaper priced Invicta. As far as listening to Eyal on tv and then emailing Selita to verify the truth that is just pitiful. For someone to sit and watch the show to take in the presentation and memorize and stew over it and then spend even more time send the email, this guy must have a lot of extra time on his hands to waste on a watch brand that he doesn't like. Myself if I didn't like it I wouldn't even turn the tv on. nachtnoir nachtnoir nachtnoir nachtnoir #64 Yesterday, 09:32 PM

jeane519 Member Member Geek

Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: Imperial Beach, CA Posts: 58 Real Name: Kristine

I heard Eyal speak about the relationship with Selita and their involvement with this first issue of the SW500. I thought it was a great selling point and spoke a lot about both Invicta and Selita. Thank you for the follow up information Michael. Keep up the GREAT work! __________________ jeane519/Kristine


jeane519 jeane519 jeane519 jeane519 #65 Yesterday, 09:33 PM boaters Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Nov 2009 Location: Washington Posts: 2,132 Real Name: Mike

Some People Just Can't Enjoy Life Without Causing Problems ... They Just Can't Understand When Good Things Happen ... Like Invicta ... boaters boaters boaters boaters #66 Yesterday, 09:50 PM Baronejoe Senior Member Veteran Geek

Mike, Thanks for telling the "true story".... Appreciate all you do and enjoy your TV face time. __________________ >> JOE << Does anybody really know what time it is?

Baronejoe Baronejoe Baronejoe

Join Date: Mar 2010 Location: Middletown, CT Posts: 978 Real Name: Joe Barone


Baronejoe Baronejoe #67 Yesterday, 10:12 PM Join Date: Apr 2009 Posts: 240

blackwatch007 Senior Member Senior Geek

As has been noted, "Stupid is as stupid does." Good work Invicta, et. al. __________________

Remember OUR defenders of peace. blackwatch007 blackwatch007 blackwatch007 blackwatch007 blackwatch007 #68 Yesterday, 10:20 PM

lsolienj Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Feb 2009 Location: Tampa, FL Posts: 2,122 Real Name: Larry


Like It! Luv It!! Selitta & Invicta is a Fantastic partnership!!! Thanks Mike! __________________

Android, Invicta, Renato, Seiko, Swiss Legend lsolienj lsolienj lsolienj lsolienj #69 Yesterday, 10:24 PM timesplitter Junior Member New Geek

Join Date: Nov 2010 Posts: 7

Perfection No thing or anyone is perfect but we all strive to be.INVICTA comes close to that ideal in many of its models and concepts and will retain my interest as long as they commit to striving for perfection and building watches for every man,woman and price point. timesplitter timesplitter timesplitter timesplitter #70 Yesterday, 10:47 PM

rivers63386 Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Oct 2010 Location: KC, KS Posts: 183 Real Name: Rod

So what is ole fishey doing watching Eyal anyway. If he truly doesn't like him or the product, why is he spending his time learning everything he can about it? Is it just to spew hatred? He


needs something better to do now doesn't he! __________________

So many watches, so little time!!! rivers63386 rivers63386 rivers63386 Visit rivers63386's homepage! rivers63386 rivers63386 #71 Yesterday, 11:34 PM

wesco Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Nov 2009 Location: long island Posts: 2,238 Real Name: matt

They are some people in the world that are full of hate. There is no rhyme nor reason for their behavior wesco wesco


#72 Today, 05:50 AM meijin WatchGeeks Owner True WatchGeek

Join Date: Feb 2008 Location: Atlanta, GA Posts: 11,916 Real Name: Michael

Quote: I am definitely saddened by the tone this thread has taken, especially by you here, Michael Davis. This has gone way, WAY over the line. Sorry that you feel that way. Quote: All this talk of "bodyguards" and "punks" and implied physicality has no place in a civilized forum about anything. This is the level of discourse we need to discuss watches? Because Invicta finally got something perfectly right, for once? That's an awful lot of hubris and chestthumping considering the recent track record, isn't it? First of all, you really ought to go back and read this entire a thread again as you seem to be seeing what you want to see and not what was actually written here. There was no implied physicality. However, if you went back to the haters that are referenced here, they are just the ones that were talking about crashing the National Get Together back in June and instituting violence. No one here in this thread said that they were going to seek them out to do anything. As to my use of the word "punk", that is exactly what they are. Sorry if you don't like the use of the term. And as to your comment about "Invicta finally got something right", I am just going to ignore. We still produce and sell a couple of million watches a year and are still the top vendor at SNBC. I think I will allow the customers of that venue speak to the accuracy of that comment. Quote: And Mike, where were you when the poop hit the fan over the Speedway watches last year? There was an awful lot of silence coming from some quarters, particularly yours. Yep. Because when the guy who signs my paycheck says to be quiet that he is working on a joint statement between Invicta And Dubois Depraz, then that is exactly what I do. Whether you personally happen to like it or not. Quote:


So don't give me this "we were working with D/D" stuff, because no one on earth believes it particularly after the D/D rep publicity stated he had no earthly idea his movements were in Invicta watches in the first place. Oh, I'm sorry - I wouldn't want to bring up facts in the face of the nice victory party that's going on over the new Lupah. OK, let's talk about the facts. You only discuss one small portion of that situation. You completely leave out the fact that after the person in the US spoke to the correct people within his own company that he signed onto a public statement here that indicated, in fact, that the Dubois Depraz modules we used were legitimate and gotten from them and that we did, indeed have a business relationship with them. If you want to quote the "facts", then at least please take the time to cite ALL of the facts. Not just a part of them to try and make your point. You are like the guy in a religious argument who quotes half of a Bible verse to try and make your point. The very same thing happened when I made comments about Armand Nicolet making watches for other companies a few months back. Folks contacted them and said things that were not true and then tried to publish the comments from Armand Nicolet. Once I contacted them directly and told them what was actually said, they agreed that I was correct and that these other people were trying to stir up trouble via half comments and lies that did not accurately represent what I had actually said. I could, quite honestly, care less what you think about our business relationship with Dubois Depraz. When the next piece comes out utilizing their customized movement, then you will have some crow to eat. Quote: All I know is, if this is the tone that the mods and reps of this website are taking because a new product is living up to the minimum level of expectations, I want no part of it. Minimum level of expectations? LOL! Yeah...with all of the watch companies in the world, Invicta gets the very first of the movements. That has got to really burn people like you, eh? Want no part of it? Then don't let the proverbial door hit you in the butt on your way out! Quote: I realize I probably just ushered in my own demise here, but so be it. I won't be part of any "club" that can't take the slightest bit of scrutiny. If members here want to sit in a circle and sing "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing," have fun. Ushered in your own demise? Don't know about that. I think what you have done is made it readily apparent to alot of folks here that you are willing to spout off half truths to issue your own insults and falsehoods. And that is fine by me. If you don't wish to be a member here, we can certainly take care of that for you. Hell, I can make some recommendations of forums where you would fit in just fine since you like to play fast and loose with the actual facts. __________________ Michael


Argument is meant to reveal the truth, not to create it. ~ Edward de Bono Invicta...in hoc nomen vinces!

meijin meijin meijin meijin #73 Today, 06:02 AM hootchlid Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: Hillsboro,Oregon Posts: 583 Real Name: Dave

i never questioned it,The price was just too much for me right now,plus not a fan of the lupahs.Still paying off the last 6 watches I bought.I did buy one.but,not the lupah.. thanks for the post mike. Dave hootchlid hootchlid hootchlid hootchlid hootchlid #74 Today, 06:11 AM


Join Date: Feb 2008 Location: Atlanta, GA Posts: 11,916 Real Name: Michael

meijin WatchGeeks Owner True WatchGeek

Quote: Originally Posted by hootchlid i never questioned it,The price was just too much for me right now,plus not a fan of the lupahs.Still paying off the last 6 watches I bought.I did buy one.but,not the lupah.. thanks for the post mike. Dave Not everyone can or will like everything Dave...we understand that. There will be more watches coming out with that movement, so hopefully one will catch your eye later. Enjoy the other 6 that you got though, sounds like a good haul! __________________ Michael

Argument is meant to reveal the truth, not to create it. ~ Edward de Bono Invicta...in hoc nomen vinces!

meijin meijin meijin meijin #75 Today, 06:13 AM krayziehustler Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Jan 2009 Location: New York,NY Posts: 934


__________________ I'd rather be a lion for a day than a lamb that lives forever - Canibus

BIGNOIZE Senior Member Master WatchGeek

1st Ive learned lot in the place ty to all. 2nd awww not again....! lol BIGNOIZE

Join Date: Mar 2009 Location: from ny live in g.a Posts: 4,884


BIGNOIZE BIGNOIZE BIGNOIZE #77 Today, 07:31 AM

jbocon Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Feb 2010 Location: Indiana Posts: 208 Real Name: Jim

This thread is going to have more posts than a Multi Sunday Run! jbocon jbocon jbocon jbocon jbocon #78 Today, 07:41 AM hootchlid Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: Hillsboro,Oregon Posts: 583 Real Name: Dave

Quote: Originally Posted by meijin Not everyone can or will like everything Dave...we understand that. There will be more watches coming out with that movement, so hopefully one will catch your eye later. Enjoy the other 6 that you got though, sounds like a good haul! yeah i own a total of 10 invictas,2 xo,5 S.O.'s,2 Eco Drives,1 Seiko,1 JL and a Android,and just bought a Vostok Europe. I have never had a issue with a Invicta watch.I plan on many many more Invictas.Although,I am


leaning towards buying more automatic movements,so that kinda limits my choices but,Invicta offers alot of them so,I am sure,It will all be good Some people just like to whine and *****.IF they feel that way then they shouldnt be here.Legimate concerns are one thing,but,hell,if they are so dissatisfied,then return the watch,and buy a different brand and leave us alone.No one is holding a gun to your head to buy a Invicta. Dave hootchlid hootchlid hootchlid hootchlid hootchlid #79 Today, 07:49 AM thanthalin Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Aug 2010 Location: Upstate, NY Posts: 454

Nothing wrong with having an opinion but if those opinions are based on inaccuracies or for just the sake of hating it then by all means Mike has the right to set the record straight. Thank you Mike, it is really great to be a member here where everyone is welcome as long as you aren't here to Troll up the forum with your hate. __________________ Buy what you like, wear what you love. No one else matters. thanthalin thanthalin thanthalin thanthalin #80


Today, 08:07 AM

ChuckBuckner Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: Arkansas Posts: 485

Quote: Originally Posted by 50mm&up You ever feel you need a bodyguard, I'd do it for free! Mike's size alone I imagine would be intimidating enough, then throw in his martial arts hobby.... nuff said __________________ Revelation 22:10 "...for the time is at hand." ChuckBuckner ChuckBuckner ChuckBuckner ChuckBuckner #81 Today, 08:24 AM hooptious02 Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Dec 2009 Posts: 209

Again, Michael, part of why I'm glad to be on this site...always good to get information from a reputable source. hooptious02 hooptious02 hooptious02 hooptious02


#82 Today, 08:30 AM

NG111 Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Jun 2008 Location: Santa Clarita, CA Posts: 3,742 Real Name: Nate

Quote: Originally Posted by meijin No Mike, I have never, EVER said that folks cannot or should not question whatever they'd like. Hell, if anyone had a question in regards to the topic at hand, I would have been more than happy to have sent them the appropriate contact information for the folks at Sellita that could verify what Eyal and I both had to say about the movement and build of the Lupah. The particular person in question is someone many of us are familiar with. He has created a hater site where he attacks me, Jim and Eyal personally. He is one of the main people that started all of the "big deal" behind Invicta's relationship with Dubois Depraz. When it was announced (by DD no less) that there was, in fact, an ongoing relationship with them, he didn't bother to report that to his minions. He threatens lawsuits of all types and has been doing so for a couple of years. Still waiting on that one...especially when we found a post of his asking for free legal advice on a legal forum. I guess his high priced shark of an attorney had the day off that day. He has assured his minions that the FBI was going to be kicking in the doors of our home to arrest the owners of Watchgeeks. Still waiting on that one to happen too. So, when a complete and total douche bag like this "fishy guy" gets a little comeuppance, I'll throw it out there. But, don't read more into it than what is there, eh? I guess I haven't been paying as much attention as I thought here. I knew that there were "haters" and extremely negative posters and all but I had no idea it was rising to that level. I thought they just didn't like Invicta. I really had no idea that they were personally attacking and threatening you and others. Sorry to hear that, Michael. I've always found you to be a very straight up and likeable guy. You've helped me personally with PMs in the past on watch questions, too. In fact, out of all the watch celebreties that I've seen here and on SNBC, you would be the one I feel is the most honest and straightforward of all. I hope you can think of these "fish" as being dead in the water and not give them any more of your time. The best way to really get even with someone is to live well. NG111 NG111


NG111 NG111 NG111 #83 Today, 08:49 AM RipitRon Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Jan 2009 Location: Vancouver, Wa Posts: 3,457

Quote: Originally Posted by NG111 I guess I haven't been paying as much attention as I thought here. I knew that there were "haters" and extremely negative posters and all but I had no idea it was rising to that level. I thought they just didn't like Invicta. I really had no idea that they were personally attacking and threatening you and others. Sorry to hear that, Michael. I've always found you to be a very straight up and likeable guy. You've helped me personally with PMs in the past on watch questions, too. In fact, out of all the watch celebreties that I've seen here and on SNBC, you would be the one I feel is the most honest and straightforward of all. I hope you can think of these "fish" as being dead in the water and not give them any more of your time. The best way to really get even with someone is to live well. Fish Boy doesnt hate just Invicta, Micheal Davis, Jim Skelton hell the man even hates me. In fact he said.......I am pretty sure it went like this " I am going to destroy your life"! This was about 6 months ago, but somehow even in his home state he cant get that done. He is a blow hard thats all, a spiteful little man that rode the small bus and was picked on as a kid. I actually feel sorry for the man really, not for what he has gone through in life but the fact there is no inner peace. Can you imagine spending your whole life trying to get at others because you own life sux that bad. Imagine what could be done with that energy, he probably wouldnt live in a shack and be on the edge of financial failure if he actually worked that hard on his personal problems. Ok I lied I dont feel bad for this guy he truly is a waste of Oxygen! __________________ Hmmmmmmm. I can't say what I want to say! RipitRon RipitRon RipitRon


RipitRon #84 Today, 08:59 AM richretired Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Sep 2009 Location: Oregon Posts: 577 Real Name: Rich

Michael, Thanks for the tip. Lets face it, there is a certain percentage. I, for one, could care less who puts the movement in the case as long as Invicta will stand behind it for 5 years. I would love to have an SW 500 but I am just not into the Lupah. Hopefully, you will bring out the 500 in other models down the road. Rich richretired richretired richretired richretired #85 Today, 09:10 AM reliefcp Senior Member True WatchGeek

Join Date: May 2009 Location: Everett Wa. Posts: 6,705 Real Name: C.J.

They and all that belong to that dirtbag site need to move on and get a life. Its not about watches its about hate. Obviously their leader lives in the past and needs to move on with his miserable life.I wish Invicta would sic their legal staff on those haters and see what happens to them then. __________________


reliefcp reliefcp reliefcp reliefcp #86 Today, 09:47 AM erictrumpet Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Nov 2009 Posts: 2,438

This thread is not about the SW500, nor Invicta watches. It's about stooping down to WL's level and throwing insults from the safety of our own forum. That's what they do. We should be better than that. Eric. __________________


erictrumpet erictrumpet erictrumpet erictrumpet #87 Today, 10:38 AM

DiverFan Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Apr 2008 Location: Rockland Cty, New York Posts: 1,856 Real Name: Gerald(Jerry)

I never let anything people like the "fishy" person say, affect my decision to purchase anything. If you are a savvy shopper, you can assess a products suitability to your own situation. The shop is a retail store and as such presents what they sell in the best possible light. There is often a lot of passion in the presentations but I firmly believe that there is never an intent to misrepresent a product with false statements. Jim, Michael, Eyal, Tim etc. should not be criticized for doing their jobs so very well. I spent a good deal of my professional life in retail. It would have been a pleasure to have Jim or Michael on my staff. As for Eyal, I would work for him in a heartbeat! __________________ Love is a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier named Bailey! Jerry DiverFan


DiverFan DiverFan DiverFan #88 Today, 10:42 AM curiousgeorge Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Apr 2009 Location: Mpls Posts: 3,099 Real Name: George

Quote: Originally Posted by Bahoomba REMOVED BY MODERATOR Because it had too many unbelievable statements in it that were FALSE. Seriously dude. Did you not read the entire thread. When by the way has someone here not been able to raise a LEGITIMATE complaint about something. Don't care about your post count, I know you around here. Usually you show respect. Here you talk about a community pool, which you decided was time to now take a leak in. Usher yourself to a time-out and look at why you are here, and has your opinion ever really been stifled. My guess is no. I know from your 2 grand plus posts that you are not a Invicta fan which is your right , but you have to ask yourself then Why Am I Here? This site is somewhere where people who love Invicta are allowed to praise and complain pretty freely, but non substantiative B.S. gets it's real day in court. I personally from your usual threads like your style, but here you couldn't have missed the train by more then a expired token and a bad excuse. curiousgeorge curiousgeorge curiousgeorge curiousgeorge #89 Today, 10:52 AM forehire Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Aug 2008 Location: RANCHO MIRAGE CA Posts: 1,339

The Lupah Revo. will set nent to my "repaired" Dubois Depraz. Both watchs will be much to


talk about, and well liked. forehire forehire forehire forehire #90 Today, 10:52 AM

MessalineApghar Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: NYC Burbs Posts: 1,468 Real Name: Ian

I love Invicta's products; my only beef is with their back-end stuff like repair time, and getting it right the first time, and various derivative issues related to that. __________________ If you wanna run cool, yes, if you wanna run cool, you've got to run on heavy heavy fuel - Dire Straits MessalineApghar MessalineApghar MessalineApghar MessalineApghar MessalineApghar #91 Today, 11:07 AM


desert rex Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: Virginia /Washington D.C. Posts: 1,836 Real Name: Jeff Davekos

Quote: Originally Posted by erictrumpet This thread is not about the SW500, nor Invicta watches. It's about stooping down to WL's level and throwing insults from the safety of our own forum. That's what they do. We should be better than that. Eric. This thread was not intended to be about the SW 500.And I think you might have a little different position on this issue,and not be so willing to offer up your other cheek if you were the one under constant attack like the attacks Michael and Invicta are experiencing. __________________

Master Edmund.J.Mede 10th Dan desert rex desert rex desert rex desert rex #92 Today, 12:34 PM


erictrumpet Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Nov 2009 Posts: 2,438

Quote: Originally Posted by desert rex This thread was not intended to be about the SW 500.And I think you might have a little different position on this issue,and not be so willing to offer up your other cheek if you were the one under constant attack like the attacks Michael and Invicta are experiencing. Then maybe this thread should be moved to Off Topic. Reading about the WG/WL feud doesn't really help anyone learn more about Invicta watches does it? Eric. __________________

erictrumpet erictrumpet erictrumpet erictrumpet #93 Today, 12:46 PM Calvin Member Member Geek Don't let if phase you!!!

Join Date: May 2009 Posts: 83


Quote: Originally Posted by meijin After the presentation of this last Lupah Revolution with the Sellita SW-500 in it, it was kind of funny to hear (and see) that Sellita got several questions concerning the movement, the origins of the movement, the relationship between Sellita and Invicta and also questioning the fact that was presented concerning the information given out that Sellita actually built the timepiece as a part of our ongoing relationship with them. Most of the guys are the same ones that tried to create a "dust up" with Dubois Depraz a while back. Here's one of the questions that was sent: Here is the response sent from someone in senior management for their operations team: It was really kind of funny that the question above actually came in from a "fishy" guy that started some of the hater sites that are out there on the Internet. I am going to assume that he is not going to post this response on his site. Anyway, it just goes to show the strong relationships that Invicta has within the watch and movement community the world over. In the case of Sellita, that relationship will be further proven in the future with the Sellita SW-300 and SW-400 (but more to come on that later! LOL!). And also companies like Dubois Depraz, Ronda and many others. Anyway, I thought some of you might find this a little funny. Especially those that have had a bit more interaction with those of a "fishy" nature. Mike and all of Geekdom, we must remember when you start to scare the establishment they will try to discredit you anyway they can. Just the fact that you have company's and people alike scared because they look in their rear view mirror and see a giant Yellow Bear coming, should be a reassuring fact that you are doing something correct. NO company or person is perfect. If you keeping making watches that big boys like, you're going to make enemies and lots of them. You just brush them off and keep on STEPPIN!!! Calvin Calvin Calvin Calvin #94 Today, 01:22 PM


bwag829 Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Join Date: Aug 2008 Location: West Springfield, MA Posts: 3,030 Real Name: Bill

Thanks for sharing this. bwag829 bwag829 bwag829 bwag829 #95 Today, 01:27 PM

desert rex Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: Virginia /Washington D.C. Posts: 1,836 Real Name: Jeff Davekos

Quote: Originally Posted by erictrumpet Then maybe this thread should be moved to Off Topic. Reading about the WG/WL feud doesn't really help anyone learn more about Invicta watches does it? Eric. It has in fact become a very real Invicta topic as of late,maybe not as technical as you would like but a topic non the less.As you can see by the responses here,a lot of members are glad to see Michael and Invicta putting things in place so that another Invicta factual distorted rumor does not intentionally miss inform any member here. __________________


Master Edmund.J.Mede 10th Dan desert rex desert rex desert rex desert rex #96 Today, 01:28 PM krayziehustler Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Jan 2009 Location: New York,NY Posts: 934

wow just saw that other forum. Can't believe the level of hate these dudes have. __________________ I'd rather be a lion for a day than a lamb that lives forever - Canibus krayziehustler krayziehustler krayziehustler krayziehustler #97 Today, 01:33 PM


Chief68 WatchGeeks Moderator True WatchGeek

Join Date: Jan 2009 Location: Staten Island New York Posts: 13,380 Real Name: Nick

Quote: Originally Posted by erictrumpet Then maybe this thread should be moved to Off Topic. Reading about the WG/WL feud doesn't really help anyone learn more about Invicta watches does it? Eric.

It is very much an Invicta Topic Eric and it stays where it is. __________________

NYPD Emergency Service Unit

Chief68 Chief68 Chief68 Visit Chief68's homepage! Chief68


Chief68 #98 Today, 02:42 PM Join Date: Mar 2010 Location: Bayside, NY Posts: 52 Real Name: Norman H. Plotkin

noreve Member Member Geek To New Heights

Eyal has and is taking INVICTA to new heights. He is a proven leader and innovator in the science of watch design and manufacturing. As such, he is bound to have jealous detractors. We are fortunate to have people like Michael to take them on and refute their biased and inaccurate claims. Do your thing, Eyal, and let the market determine the truth. noreve noreve noreve noreve #99 Today, 02:53 PM bpo Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Apr 2009 Location: Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 488 Real Name: Brian

Quote: Originally Posted by meijin In the case of Sellita, that relationship will be further proven in the future with the Sellita SW300 and SW-400 (but more to come on that later! LOL!). Thanks Mike. Please don't forget about the SW220 (I'm dying to see a nice dive watch with the day/date), and the SW240 and SW260 (both of which would fit the vintage line very well). bpo bpo bpo


bpo #100 Today, 03:14 PM Knifemaker Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: Live Free or Die NH Posts: 734

Quote: Originally Posted by RipitRon He is a blow hard thats all, a spiteful little man that rode the small bus and was picked on as a kid. . Ok I lied I dont feel bad for this guy he truly is a waste of Oxygen! Dude that was funny

There has not been a tread like this in months I could not finish reading it so I quoted Rip funny stuff

. __________________

Stebbins Handmade Damascus Knives for the serious collectors


hootchlid Senior Member Veteran Geek

Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: Hillsboro,Oregon Posts: 583 Real Name: Dave

i hope the next one with the selita movement is a excursion or venom or a Pro/master diver,as I am leaning towards automatics,which i do currently own a the TTV PD with 7750 goldtone/silver dial.Which I LOVE.. Some people just cant be pleased.Oh,can someone pm the link to the other forum,would like to see the hate for myself. Dave hootchlid hootchlid hootchlid hootchlid hootchlid #102 Today, 04:47 PM timeaftertime Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Oct 2009 Posts: 156

Wow, I have not spent any time on this site for a few days. I watched and listened to the presentations even though I was not going to purchase a gunmetal version but instead will wait and consider the rosetone version. I did not question the claims regarding the relationship between Stellita and Invicta on the assembly and sale of the first of the SW-500 movements in an Invicta product. I did think it was a very smart business decision by both companies to help insure the first SW-500 to the marketplace was in fact a successful roll out of the product. I am sure Stellita in marketing this new movement wanted to make sure the whole package was as near to perfect as possible... their reputation and market acceptance of the SW-500 could hinge on this successful product launch. I purchased the Invicta DD product and had to return it. I can see how Invicta would want insure a very successful product launch as well without any potential of a repeat of the DD type of problems. Again to me it was a very smart business decision for both companies to leverage expertise to produce the best quality possible... good for future sales of movements to Invicta and a positive outcome that could influence other watch


companies to consider using the SW-500 in their products. I guess there are individuals out there that don't let the facts get in the way of their personal agendas. timeaftertime timeaftertime timeaftertime timeaftertime #103 Today, 04:54 PM Krazy Senior Member Veteran Geek

Ahhhhhh....a true Swiss made!!! Hehe

Join Date: Dec 2009 Location: Pa Posts: 601 Real Name: Jr


The questioning of Sellita