Page 1

Yesterday, 03:29 PM

timeman

Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Long Island, New York Posts: 5,134 Real Name: Jerry

Senior Member True WatchGeek

Quote:

Originally Posted by huitball Did the watch make it back in that hour and 15 minutes? Had to send it by rocket express priority mail. Was going to have Scotty from the Starship Enterprise beam it to them, but rocket express priority mail was fast enough. __________________

timeman View Public Profile


Send a private message to timeman Find all posts by timeman Add timeman to Your Contacts #129 Yesterday, 04:46 PM Join Date: Jun 2010 Location: Louisiana Posts: 73 Real Name: Gary

CecilG41 Member Member Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by timeman Had to send it by rocket express priority mail. Was going to have Scotty from the Starship Enterprise beam it to them, but rocket express priority mail was fast enough. Is ShopNBC going to refund you the cost of the watch plus shipping both ways? CecilG41 View Public Profile Send a private message to CecilG41 Send email to CecilG41 Find all posts by CecilG41 Add CecilG41 to Your Contacts #130 Yesterday, 07:45 PM

DMB Junior Member New Geek

Join Date: Nov 2009 Posts: 4

Just read this long thread and all I can say is "WOW". I mean really, who actually thinks that a hundred dollar watch advertised as containing diamonds is actually gonna have real DIAMONDS? I should have brought my magic beans, I could have made a killing.

DMB View Public Profile


Send a private message to DMB Send email to DMB Find all posts by DMB Add DMB to Your Contacts #131 Yesterday, 08:00 PM Join Date: Apr 2008 Location: Yonkers, NY Posts: 2,542 Real Name: Darius

Budabear Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMB Just read this long thread and all I can say is "WOW". I mean really, who actually thinks that a hundred dollar watch advertised as containing diamonds is actually gonna have real DIAMONDS? I should have brought my magic beans, I could have made a killing.

I find it so hard to believe that so many people have a problem with a very simple concept. It's not a matter of "You get what you pay for". How about thinking about the simple concept that you get what your told your getting for your money! How about I sell someone a watch that is a quartz chrono and tell them it is is a 7750 without the display back? How about I sell it to them for $250. Is that person stupid for thinking that the Russian Diver actually has a 7750? __________________


Budabear View Public Profile Send a private message to Budabear Send email to Budabear Find all posts by Budabear Add Budabear to Your Contacts #132 Yesterday, 08:18 PM

iav84u

Join Date: Oct 2009 Location: Midland Michigan Posts: 290 Real Name: Jim

Senior Member Senior Geek

Hey Jerry, this is a killer situation for you. I can only imagine what they'e talking about at SNBC and Invicta. It takes their Legal Department a long time to map out a comprehensive strategy. But if they can make this go away by sending out a few non-incriminating eMails and giving back a few refunds thats what they will do. If I thought for a moment that either or both companies were intending to defraud their customers I'd report them to the Federal Trade Commission myself. However, it would be so blatent to try and get away with something like that, that I can't believe it is the case. A major mistake has occurred and could only affect a few or several thousand customers. SNBC and Invicta need to resolve this problem immediately, regardless of how it happened and investigate that matter later. SNBC sending a form letter type eMail and offering a refund with no explanation is totally unsatisfactory! Period! Keep pressure on them and don't let them get away with this crap. I know you will continue to keep all of us informed and I for one won't buy again from them untill you recieve a satisfactory resolution. I hope to hear from you soon that this was all a big CS misunderstanding and they are willing to provide the watch you ordered at the price you ordered it for. Good luck! __________________ "Why do you need more watches," she says. "Because I don't do drugs and its the next best high." iav84u View Public Profile Send a private message to iav84u Send email to iav84u Find all posts by iav84u Add iav84u to Your Contacts #133 Yesterday, 10:06 PM


iav84u

Join Date: Oct 2009 Location: Midland Michigan Posts: 290 Real Name: Jim

Senior Member Senior Geek

1- As a follow up thought, what I think needs done to properly resolve this situation, is that Invicta needs to get together with all outlets who have sold the watch in question and have them contact by mail each and every customer (much as a product recall is done) who has purchased the watch and inform them that it may have crystals instead of diamonds, and recommend that they have them checked prefessionally at Invictas expense, and offer to refund or replace any defective item. 2- A previous poster has suggested that if a person believed that he/she was getting real diamonds for $119.00, that was somehow being gullible. Therefore, it is also somehow a suggestion that Invicta and SNBC knew they weren't real. I don't think that is the case at all. In fact, if that customer was told the diamonds were real and it was known by the seller and/or manufacturer previous to that sale that they were not, that would be retail fraud. I think the majority of Invicta and SNBC customers have and deserve an expectation (the same as any other consumer)that any product is represented as accurately and factually as possible to the best knowledge of the seller and manufacturer. I do believe this was done in this case, simply because of the consequenses of doing anything less. Remember, these products are advertised and sold on national TV in front of millions of viewers. To suggest that Jerry should know better, is really blaming him for something that is somone elses fault. __________________ "Why do you need more watches," she says. "Because I don't do drugs and its the next best high." iav84u View Public Profile Send a private message to iav84u Send email to iav84u Find all posts by iav84u Add iav84u to Your Contacts #134 Yesterday, 10:38 PM Join Date: Mar 2008 Posts: 2,585

watchluv Senior Member Master WatchGeek

I'm just reading this thread and you mean Invicta put out two models one with diamonds and the exact watch with crystal both with the same model number???? I don't get it. Am I


missing something? Are the diamond versions prong set or glued in? This is very disturbing and I am completely confused how this can happen. __________________ Time to Watch as Time Passes Away watchluv View Public Profile Send a private message to watchluv Find all posts by watchluv Add watchluv to Your Contacts #135 Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Leed24

Join Date: Sep 2009 Location: Phoenix, AZ. Posts: 634 Real Name: Lee

Senior Member Veteran Geek

Jerry, I did not buy one of these watches so I am not directly affected. Having said that I would be disappointed if I found out this myself. You know what they say about opinions, but here is mine. Unless you are willing to get a lawyer, I would return the watch and move on. You have done us all a favor by pointing out the discrepancy, and we thank you for it. __________________

Leed24 View Public Profile Send a private message to Leed24 Send email to Leed24 Find all posts by Leed24 Add Leed24 to Your Contacts


#136 Yesterday, 11:23 PM

WatchGeek4Life Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Sep 2008 Location: Rochester, NY Posts: 1,666 Real Name: Jim

The way this whole situation is going, I do not see anything coming of this. Shop isn't gonna contact some 3200 people and give them a refund and Invicta isn't gonna do anything either. Now what can you do? You can post all over the internet, so people can see it and hope all customers who bought it go have there's tested and have them reply back to Jerry somehow and if you have quite a few responses besides the people on here that have fake ones. Then hire a lawyer and start a class action lawsuit against Shopnbc and Invicta. All the factors are there to start the lawsuit. Too many things have gotten out of hand with Invicta this year and this is just another issue now. Obviously Eyal doesn't know what is going on in his factories, or he does know and is literally out to screw the public. I DON'T believe it is the latter. I think Eyal is a straight shooter, but I do believe he is being duped by his factories. Why the HELL are these products not tested first??? His QC team obviously are not doing there jobs correctly. As far as the SHOP, who knows with them.....sometimes they just seem shady on a lot of things. Jerry, I told you, you have my support on this, since the beginning. This all needs to get corrected instead of swept under the rug, as like the shop wants to do. I don't think Shopnbc and Invicta want bad publicity posted all over the internet about this. So they had better get off their asses and correct this......QUICKLY!!!!!! __________________

Breitling Bentley


WatchGeek4Life View Public Profile Send a private message to WatchGeek4Life Find all posts by WatchGeek4Life Add WatchGeek4Life to Your Contacts #137 Yesterday, 11:28 PM

kurt

Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: St. Louis, MO Posts: 255 Real Name: Kurt

Senior Member Senior Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMB Just read this long thread and all I can say is "WOW". I mean really, who actually thinks that a hundred dollar watch advertised as containing diamonds is actually gonna have real DIAMONDS? I should have brought my magic beans, I could have made a killing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budabear

I find it so hard to believe that so many people have a problem with a very simple concept. It's not a matter of "You get what you pay for". How about thinking about the simple concept that you get what your told your getting for your money! How about I sell someone a watch that is a quartz chrono and tell them it is is a 7750 without the display back? How about I sell it to them for $250. Is that person stupid for thinking that the Russian Diver actually has a 7750? Well said Darius. As usual someone saw fit to post one of those "You should have known better" reply's. It happens every time. I place them in the same category as the "Get over it" and "Just move on" reply's. kurt View Public Profile Send a private message to kurt Find all posts by kurt Add kurt to Your Contacts #138 Yesterday, 11:47 PM


Join Date: Jul 2008 Posts: 122

rmoorez Senior Member Senior Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMB Just read this long thread and all I can say is "WOW". I mean really, who actually thinks that a hundred dollar watch advertised as containing diamonds is actually gonna have real DIAMONDS? I should have brought my magic beans, I could have made a killing.

Great response...NOT. 1 point diamonds can be bought for 99 cents on ebay and guess what, bet they are real. It is not about the cost, size of diamonds. It is about being deceived and when we find out, we are swept under the rug. If you don't think they could have used real diamonds check; http://cgi.ebay.com/0-01-CARAT-J-I1-...item45f45205e1 __________________

rmoorez View Public Profile Send a private message to rmoorez Find all posts by rmoorez Add rmoorez to Your Contacts #139 Today, 01:50 AM


Join Date: Apr 2009 Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire Posts: 3,808 Real Name: Joe

WATCHJAC Senior Member Master WatchGeek

However this all happened you've got to ask yourself why does it keep happening to Invicta? __________________

"Off the wind on this heading lie the Marquesas. We got eighty feet of’a waterline nicely making way". WATCHJAC View Public Profile Send a private message to WATCHJAC Find all posts by WATCHJAC Add WATCHJAC to Your Contacts #140 Today, 04:01 AM

timeman Senior Member True WatchGeek

Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Long Island, New York Posts: 5,134 Real Name: Jerry


When I started this thread I was hoping that ShopNBC and Invicta would do the right thing for all customers, not just watchgeeks, who bought this watch. With this new information I believe it won't happen. I have been checking the ShopNBC Product Reviews on this watch J179607 since this whole thing started. One customer made a Product Review and I posted it in the thread earlier (currently post#64). Here is the quote below: Quote:

Originally Posted by timeman I just checked SNBC's web site and found a product review on this watch, so it appears I'm not the only one to get the crystal stone watch. Here's the customer's review on this watch: "I bought this watch for my wife and one of the so-called diamonds fell out 1 day after it arrived. We took it to our jeweler and he advised me that this watch contained no diamonds, but that these were only crystals that were cheaper then CZ's. Shame on Invicta and ShopNBC once again. False advertsing is a crime. If you have one of these I would send it back for a full refund before your 30 day window closes." This review is no longer there. It has been removed by ShopNBC. This is the straw that has broke the camel's back for me. I have an extremely bad taste in my mouth from this whole experience. This most recent bit of information and the others posted in this thread, shows me no fault, mistake or acknowledgment of this incident will be admitted by either party. I hope I'm proven wrong. Originally I was hoping to exchange my watch for another, but realize now this will not happen. The watch will be going back for a refund. I see I have opened some can of worms here. Everything I have posted is the truth. I've tried to do it without name calling and in a civil manner. If anything worthwhile in the way of additional information comes up I'll post it. __________________

timeman View Public Profile Send a private message to timeman Find all posts by timeman Add timeman to Your Contacts #141 Today, 05:49 AM


acertaingirl

Join Date: Nov 2009 Location: NY Metro Area Posts: 281

Senior Member Senior Geek

A similar situation occurred with QVC about 10 years ago. They sold these "fire ball" charms, in different semi precious stones. About 6 months after I purchased this TSV - I received a letter stating that one of their amethyst suppliers sold them fake stones. They had no way of knowing which ones, so everyone who purchased that version received a refund. It didn't require sending the fake back to them. That was then....I also have an unfavorable QVC story about a mis-engineered TSV bracelet that I'll post later. __________________

acertaingirl View Public Profile Send a private message to acertaingirl Find all posts by acertaingirl Add acertaingirl to Your Contacts #142 Today, 06:14 AM

timeman Senior Member True WatchGeek

Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Long Island, New York Posts: 5,134 Real Name: Jerry


Just got off the phone with ShopNBC customer service. I phoned to request a prepaid return postage sticker. When I first spoke with the customer representative and explained the whole story to her, all she was willing to offer me was $10 off on my next purchase. I told her this wouldn't even cover the return postage, and asked to speak with a supervisor. After a minute or so she came back and told me one wasn't available at the time but told me this. ShopNBC is aware of this issue. A letter will be going out, I assume to all customers who purchased the watch. In addition to the the letter, I assume explaining what happened, the following other items will be included: - Pre-paid return postage label. 30 day return period will not be enforced. - $35 credit - $20 off next purchase. This is great news. She didn't mention when the letter will be mailed. I just wish this information was given to me when I received their e-mail, after advising them of the situation. And what was the purpose of removing the Product Review, if they were going to admit the crystal issue in the letter? __________________

timeman View Public Profile Send a private message to timeman Find all posts by timeman Add timeman to Your Contacts #143 Today, 06:46 AM

WatchGeek4Life Senior Member Super Geek

Join Date: Sep 2008 Location: Rochester, NY Posts: 1,666 Real Name: Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by timeman Just got off the phone with ShopNBC customer service. I phoned to request a prepaid return postage sticker. When I first spoke with the customer representative and explained the whole story to her, all she was willing to offer me was $10 off on my next purchase. I told her this wouldn't even cover the return postage, and asked to speak with a supervisor. After a minute or so she came back and told me one wasn't available at the time but told


me this. ShopNBC is aware of this issue. A letter will be going out, I assume to all customers who purchased the watch. In addition to the the letter, I assume explaining what happened, the following other items will be included: - Pre-paid return postage label. 30 day return period will not be enforced. - $35 credit - $20 off next purchase. This is great news. She didn't mention when the letter will be mailed. I just wish this information was given to me when I received their e-mail, after advising them of the situation.

If this does happen Jerry, this is GREAT news. I will give Kudos to Shop and even Invicta if they did get involved in the situation. They don't want the bad publicity, and they had no other choice to remedy this situation. Now let's see how fast this happens. __________________

Breitling Bentley WatchGeek4Life View Public Profile Send a private message to WatchGeek4Life Find all posts by WatchGeek4Life Add WatchGeek4Life to Your Contacts #144 Today, 06:52 AM

Johnny Ringo Junior Member New Geek

I hope it works out for you. Johnny Ringo

Join Date: Jul 2010 Posts: 6


View Public Profile Send a private message to Johnny Ringo Send email to Johnny Ringo Find all posts by Johnny Ringo Add Johnny Ringo to Your Contacts #145 Today, 07:49 AM

rhinckley

Join Date: Jul 2010 Location: Boston Posts: 10

Junior Member New Geek .what happened to my post

Yesterday i .put a post on here titled dont they call this fraud but i see it has disapered what goes rich rhinckley View Public Profile Send a private message to rhinckley Send email to rhinckley Find all posts by rhinckley Add rhinckley to Your Contacts #146 Today, 07:50 AM

willie99

Join Date: Dec 2009 Location: Boston, MA Posts: 225

Senior Member Senior Geek

I'm glad to hear a letter is likely going out to all customers who purchased that item. It will be interesting to find out what actually was the issue. I'm sure ShopNBC takes issues like this seriously -- they must. They have way too much to lose by ignoring even the appearance of possible false advertising. I've noticed the retail values advertised for watches have gone way, way down, and perhaps this is due to a decision by management that the retail value should reflect actual sale prices, rather than "comparable" values, which could mean almost anything. I know that QVC has a long explanation of the various prices it displays, which runs on occassion -- the explanation sounds like a long legal description. It's good to see ShopNBC being more careful about its advertised prices and product descriptions. It is also good for business -- you lose credibility when you sell watches at 10% of "retail value" all the time. For a long time I NEVER considered buying a watch (or anything else) from ShopNBC because I thought the channel seemed a bit sleazy and cheesy with the huge retail values and high pressure sales pitches. Actually, it was Jim Skelton's presentations that lent


credibility to ShopNBC for me, and I felt much more comfortable buying from them. They do have a generous return policy, and Invicta has extended warrantees for those purchasing through ShopNBC, which also helped me take the plunge. I know it takes time for a company like this to adequately address a potentially major issue just as the one the OP has informed us of here, and it is good to see that appears to actually be happening. Management should have contacted the OP much more quickly and assured him things would be taken care of, but apparently that didn't happen. Seems to me Shop is going through some growing pains (as is Invicta). Shop still seems to carry some quite gimmicky products which seem to be a huge turn off for the rest of their merchandise, frankly. I still consider making some watch purchases on Shop, and I always enjoy watching Jim's shows. Here's hoping Shop makes good management decisions, loses some of the questionable high-pressure sales tactics and skeevy products, and becomes better established and bigger, like its main competitor (the Q). willie99 View Public Profile Send a private message to willie99 Find all posts by willie99 Add willie99 to Your Contacts #147 Today, 09:09 AM

iav84u

Join Date: Oct 2009 Location: Midland Michigan Posts: 290 Real Name: Jim

Senior Member Senior Geek

This whole story falls into the "how the heck could this happen" catagory. But "feces occurrs" to paraphrase, and the only thing that can make it right is for the princpals to do the right thing, which they appear to be doing. Posters to this thread have for the most part refrained from from making unfounded accusations which is a good thing. Jerry, you have kept calm and methodical in your posts, when I'm sure you felt like exploding a few times. So kudos to you and to Invicta and the Shop. I'm not sure why some feel it's necessary to blame the victim sometimes. Like: you shouldn't dress so sexy, or you should have had an alarm system, or you should know better than to drive in that part of town. For you Jerry, wanting justice or fair treatment or a resolution to a problem is not making a "Federal or Supreme Court case" of it. It's just asking for what is right. No more or no less. I hope all is resolved soon. __________________ "Why do you need more watches," she says. "Because I don't do drugs and its the next best high." iav84u


View Public Profile Send a private message to iav84u Send email to iav84u Find all posts by iav84u Add iav84u to Your Contacts #148 Today, 09:31 AM

WatchYaThink

Join Date: Sep 2008 Location: Sunnyvale, CA Posts: 3,050 Real Name: Larry

Senior Member Master WatchGeek

That's good news Jerry. IF shop sends out a letter to ALL who purchased this watch and offers a pre-paid return for a full refund along with a $35 credit .... that is an appropriate resolution to the matter. Then the only issue is, how did this happen? I do not believe that either shop or Invicta intentionally misrepresented this watch. As some others have posted, this is a generic watch design and you can find the identical watch all over the internet with different brand names and in the range of $20 to $50. Any company can go to the Chinese manufacturer of this watch and have a thousand watches made with their name on the dial. One possible "theory" might be that Invicta went to this manufacturer, and wanted to have a model of this watch produced that was a step above what everyone else has, and asked for a model with diamond accents instead of crystals. There may have been a miscommunication and the standard crystal model was produced, and shipped directly to shop. Okay, I have no knowledge that's what happened, it is admittedly just pure speculation, but something like that does seem to be a likely scenario, and it would be good to have a disclosure of the details of how this happened. Remember awhile back when Croton came out with the new model of pineapple diver, and everyone complained about the bracelet screws being stripped out so it was very difficult to size? Well, David jumped on the plane and flew to China and personally went into the factory and watched some braceletes being put together and discovered that the technicians were pounding the screws into the bracelet like they were friction pins. He then immediately posted here and provided the full explanation. Everybody greatly appreciated that and gave him kudos for his investigation and straightforward honesty. THAT is the way to handle a situation like this. I only wish that Eyal would do the same thing and investigate what happened in this case and give us a full report. Of course, the odds of that are almost zero and, while it's great that shop seems like they are going to do the right thing in this situation (probably in large part due to the attention brought to the issue by members of this forum), it is probably unlikely that we are ever going to know the whole story. __________________ "He who marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, for him a spinal cord would fully suffice" - Albert Einstein


WatchYaThink View Public Profile Send a private message to WatchYaThink Send email to WatchYaThink Find all posts by WatchYaThink Add WatchYaThink to Your Contacts #149 Today, 09:46 AM

timeman

Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Long Island, New York Posts: 5,134 Real Name: Jerry

Senior Member True WatchGeek

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchYaThink That's good news Jerry. IF shop sends out a letter to ALL who purchased this watch and offers a pre-paid return for a full refund along with a $35 credit .... that is an appropriate resolution to the matter. Then the only issue is, how did this happen? I do not believe that either shop or Invicta intentionally misrepresented this watch. As some others have posted, this is a generic watch design and you can find the identical watch all over the internet with different brand names and in the range of $20 to $50. Any company can go to the Chinese manufacturer of this watch and have a thousand watches made with their name on the dial. One possible "theory" might be that Invicta went to this manufacturer, and wanted to have a model of this watch produced that was a step above what everyone else has, and asked for a model with diamond accents instead of crystals. There may have been a miscommunication and the standard crystal model was produced, and shipped directly to shop. Okay, I have no knowledge that's what happened, it is admittedly just pure speculation, but something like that does seem to be a likely scenario, and it would be good to have a disclosure of the details of how this happened. Remember awhile back when Croton came out with the new model of pineapple diver, and everyone complained about the bracelet screws being stripped out so it was very difficult to size? Well, David jumped on the plane and flew to China and personally went into the factory and watched some braceletes being put together and discovered that the technicians were pounding the screws into the bracelet like they were friction pins. He then immediately posted here and provided the full explanation. Everybody greatly appreciated that and gave him kudos for his investigation and straightforward honesty. THAT is the way to handle a situation like this.


I only wish that Eyal would do the same thing and investigate what happened in this case and give us a full report. Of course, the odds of that are almost zero and, while it's great that shop seems like they are going to do the right thing in this situation (probably in large part due to the attention brought to the issue by members of this forum), it is probably unlikely that we are ever going to know the whole story. If someone from Invicta or ShopNBC had inspected this product and recent other ones, none of this stuff would happen. It would save a lot of head aches for the customers, not to mention Invicta and ShopNBC. The Merm is the best. If a problem is brought to his attention he reports on it immediately, and makes matters right for the customer. __________________

timeman View Public Profile Send a private message to timeman Find all posts by timeman Add timeman to Your Contacts #150 Today, 09:53 AM

WatchYaThink

Join Date: Sep 2008 Location: Sunnyvale, CA Posts: 3,050 Real Name: Larry

Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Quote:

Originally Posted by timeman If someone from Invicta or ShopNBC had inspected this product and recent other ones, none of this stuff would happen. It would save a lot of head aches for the customers, not to mention Invicta and ShopNBC. You are absolutely right, and I am not trying to make an excuse for anybody. Clearly nobody at either shop or Invicta ever inspected these watches before they were described and listed. Invicta sources many of its watches from third party manufacturers, and there was some other thread that I can't recall the details right now, but there was indication that sometimes the watches are delivered from those factories directly to shop. __________________ "He who marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by


mistake, for him a spinal cord would fully suffice" - Albert Einstein

Omegaman68

Join Date: Jan 2009

Senior Member

Location: Chicago

Senior Geek

Posts: 373

Quote: Originally Posted by X-James Just amazing, just simply amazing. They have given you the option and solution to your problem, return the watch for a full refund and be done with it but you want to make a Federal or even Supreme Court case out of this. If the guy out on the street corner slid up his sleeve and asked you if you wanted to buy a Rolex for $100 and showed you 10 of them on his wrist and you could pick the one you wanted do you really think they would be Rolex's? Well now ask yourself if you were offered 42 diamonds for about the same price as a fake Rolex do you really think they would be diamonds? Sometimes we make Federal and Supreme Court cases out of things when we just do not want to admit we should have known better and are more upset with ourselves because we fell for it. Return the watch and be done with it. They are not going to contact 3200 people, they are not going to give you a diamond watch but they do have your money and they are willing to give you your money back so take the money because that's all your going to get. Sorry for the cold hard blunt reality but its time to just move on and learn from the mistake and move on in life. Seriously? That is what you believe? This is not a "guy out on the street corner". It is a reputable business that lied and was caught. Yes they should contact everyone and give them what they should have gotten in the first place. Real Diamonds, not Fake Diamonds.


Omegaman68 View Public Profile Send a private message to Omegaman68 Find all posts by Omegaman68 Add Omegaman68 to Your Contacts #152 Today, 10:36 AM X-James

Join Date: May 2010

Senior Member

Posts: 257

Senior Geek

Quote: Originally Posted by WatchYaThink That's good news Jerry. IF shop sends out a letter to ALL who purchased this watch and offers a pre-paid return for a full refund along with a $35 credit .... that is an appropriate resolution to the matter. They will only send a letter to those who they need to send it to, the ones who have called questioning there diamonds will get the letter and such. Those who are oblivious to the debacle will go through life thinking they have diamonds. We will never know if they actually do send out letters to everyone or if they do not but those who have called in to complain they will surely get the letter and the choice of what option they want to take. Keep the watch and get $35 credit and also $20 off your next purchase. Send the watch back (perpaid return) for a full refund and get $20 off your next purchase. Either way you are not getting the diamonds because there is not and never was any diamonds in the


watch. I think the Classique that I bought so many months ago, even though I knew had no diamonds at all on it when I ordered it, I wonder if they will give me the options as well ... I think I'll give it a try and possibly make $55 on the deal or just send it back, but I do like the sandstone dial and that is why I bought but I could get $20 off my next purchase.

X-James View Public Profile Send a private message to X-James Find all posts by X-James Add X-James to Your Contacts #153 Today, 10:47 AM X-James

Join Date: May 2010

Senior Member

Posts: 257

Senior Geek

Quote: Originally Posted by Omegaman68 Seriously? That is what you believe? This is not a "guy out on the street corner". It is a reputable business that lied and was caught. Yes they should contact everyone and give them what they should have gotten in the first place. Real Diamonds, not Fake Diamonds. You and I'm sure others have missed the entire point. It aint about the guy selling the fake Rolex's but its about the gullible people who will buy them because they have no clue as to what they are really buying,


they don't know any better and really they think they are getting a really fantastic deal because they just got a Rolex watch for $100. Just like those who thought they would actually be getting diamonds. Some are put upon this world to prey upon others while some are put upon this world to be preyed upon. Yes those who did the preying should be held accountable but that wont happen and the only way to hold them accountable is to show how you feel about it in your own purchasing habits.

X-James View Public Profile Send a private message to X-James Find all posts by X-James Add X-James to Your Contacts #154 Today, 11:25 AM

sunaru Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: THA BRONX Posts: 350

Quote: Originally Posted by X-James You and I'm sure others have missed the entire point. It aint about the guy selling the fake Rolex's but its about the gullible people who will buy them because they have no clue as to what they are really buying, they don't know any better and really they think they are getting a really fantastic deal because


they just got a Rolex watch for $100. Just like those who thought they would actually be getting diamonds. Some are put upon this world to prey upon others while some are put upon this world to be preyed upon. Yes those who did the preying should be held accountable but that wont happen and the only way to hold them accountable is to show how you feel about it in your own purchasing habits. So with that anaolgy are you impling that the gullible people are shop customers and the guy selling fake rolex's are the shop and it's host?? are you really telling me that people are wrong for actually believing what they were told when the watch was sold on air, or what they read on a web site from a multi million dollar retail company?? are you impling that the shop and it's host preying on it's cutomers??

sunaru View Public Profile Send a private message to sunaru Find all posts by sunaru Add sunaru to Your Contacts #155 Today, 11:29 AM Join Date: Jun 2008 holzapfel Senior Member Veteran Geek

Location: Manassas, VA Posts: 831 Real Name: Chris

I suggest ignoring his comments, he doesn't seem to grasp the concept that one could expect real diamonds for that price, someone already posted a link to show you can get real diamonds that small in


size for pennies. He's trying to make a apples to oranges comparison... Quote: Originally Posted by sunaru So with that anaolgy are you impling that the gullible people are shop customers and the guy selling fake rolex's are the shop and it's host?? are you really telling me that people are wrong for actually believing what they were told when the watch was sold on air, or what they read on a web site from a multi million dollar retail company?? are you impling that the shop and it's host preying on it's cutomers?? __________________ °·» Hólzápƒèl «·°

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor. ---------OMERTA

holzapfel View Public Profile Send a private message to holzapfel Send email to holzapfel Find all posts by holzapfel Add holzapfel to Your Contacts


#156 Today, 11:32 AM Omegaman68

Join Date: Jan 2009

Senior Member

Location: Chicago

Senior Geek

Posts: 373

Quote: Originally Posted by sunaru So with that anaolgy are you impling that the gullible people are shop customers and the guy selling fake rolex's are the shop and it's host?? are you really telling me that people are wrong for actually believing what they were told when the watch was sold on air, or what they read on a web site from a multi million dollar retail company?? are you impling that the shop and it's host preying on it's cutomers?? Good questions, you beat to it.

Omegaman68 View Public Profile Send a private message to Omegaman68 Find all posts by Omegaman68 Add Omegaman68 to Your Contacts #157 Today, 11:37 AM


Omegaman68

Join Date: Jan 2009

Senior Member

Location: Chicago

Senior Geek

Posts: 373

Quote: Originally Posted by holzapfel I suggest ignoring his comments, he doesn't seem to grasp the concept that one could expect real diamonds for that price, someone already posted a link to show you can get real diamonds that small in size for pennies. He's trying to make a apples to oranges comparison... I guess he is one of those people that believe diamonds are actually rare and expensive. When in reality they are actually one of the most common gems that have there rarity and cost artificially inflated by the few main diamond companies. Lower quality diamonds are very common and very cheap.

Omegaman68 View Public Profile Send a private message to Omegaman68 Find all posts by Omegaman68 Add Omegaman68 to Your Contacts #158 Today, 11:45 AM


Join Date: Sep 2008 WatchYaThink Location: Sunnyvale, CA Senior Member Posts: 3,050 Master WatchGeek Real Name: Larry

Quote: Originally Posted by X-James They will only send a letter to those who they need to send it to, the ones who have called questioning there diamonds will get the letter and such. Those who are oblivious to the debacle will go through life thinking they have diamonds.

I hope you are wrong .... but, if that's the case, then this situation is far from being over. There are many menmbers here who purchased this watch. Let's watch and see if they all receive the letter or not. __________________ "He who marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, for him a spinal cord would fully suffice" - Albert Einstein

WatchYaThink View Public Profile Send a private message to WatchYaThink Send email to WatchYaThink Find all posts by WatchYaThink Add WatchYaThink to Your Contacts


#159 Today, 11:56 AM bobbob1313

Join Date: May 2010

Junior Member

Posts: 5

New Geek

There has been at least one member on here who had it appraised and was told they were real diamonds. Let's not assume everyone who bought this watch received the wrong one or will receive the letter.

bobbob1313 View Public Profile Send a private message to bobbob1313 Find all posts by bobbob1313 Add bobbob1313 to Your Contacts #160 Today, 11:59 AM X-James

Join Date: May 2010

Senior Member

Posts: 257

Senior Geek


Quote: Originally Posted by sunaru So with that anaolgy are you impling that the gullible people are shop customers and the guy selling fake rolex's are the shop and it's host?? are you really telling me that people are wrong for actually believing what they were told when the watch was sold on air, or what they read on a web site from a multi million dollar retail company?? are you impling that the shop and it's host preying on it's cutomers?? Take it in whatever way you desire to take. Its kind of like sitting down and watching ShopNBC. Some people are going to see and take a presentation of an offering one way while others are going to see and take the presentation of the same offering another way. Life in general is like a carnival midway with all them crazy attractions. Some people are really going to believe there is a fully tattooed bearded 800 pound lady with 2 heads and 3 legs and she dances like a ballerina while others will just know it aint true and some will never admit they might have been duped when they begin to realize how anyone could have 3 legs.

X-James View Public Profile Send a private message to X-James Find all posts by X-James Add X-James to Your Contacts #161 Today, 12:09 PM Join Date: Mar 2010 BabyDoc Location: Beachwood, OHIO Senior Member Posts: 848 Veteran Geek Real Name: Bill


You just have to wonder, sometimes, if the diamonds were under glass and not readily accessible on the bezel so they could be tested, whether anybody would have known or cared, were they real or not, especially since crystals and diamonds of this small size are similar in appearance and value. This situation reminds me a bit of the SWISS MADE fiasco, where some watches were promoted as made in Switzerland but really were not. Even though the perceived value of the real Swiss watch is greater, the actual value difference is questionable or negligible. In both cases, the crystals substituted for diamonds, and the non-swiss made watch being promoted as swiss, the issue really isn't as much about quality, and value, as it is a matter of honesty. I guess people have a right to be angry when they are lied to. Not to minimize the importance of honesty, does it really make that much of a difference in either case? I am sure some will say yes and some will say no. G-d forbid, we open up that debate again.

BabyDoc View Public Profile Send a private message to BabyDoc Find all posts by BabyDoc Add BabyDoc to Your Contacts #162 Today, 12:18 PM

sunaru Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Jan 2010 Location: THA BRONX Posts: 350


Quote: Originally Posted by X-James Take it in whatever way you desire to take. Its kind of like sitting down and watching ShopNBC. Some people are going to see and take a presentation of an offering one way while others are going to see and take the presentation of the same offering another way. Life in general is like a carnival midway with all them crazy attractions. Some people are really going to believe there is a fully tattooed bearded 800 pound lady with 2 heads and 3 legs and she dances like a ballerina while others will just know it aint true and some will never admit they might have been duped when they begin to realize how anyone could have 3 legs. you made a statment to which i asked questions.. are you gonna answer them or just continue to dance around valid statments to this issue and blame the victims like you've been doing..

oh people can believe in someone having three legs cause it happens.. so when they are told something is fact it's not that hard to agree with now is it?? so stop with the lame analogies and answer the questions i posed to your intial statement

sunaru View Public Profile Send a private message to sunaru Find all posts by sunaru Add sunaru to Your Contacts


#163 Today, 12:40 PM X-James

Join Date: May 2010

Senior Member

Posts: 257

Senior Geek

Quote: Originally Posted by sunaru you made a statment to which i asked questions.. are you gonna answer them or just continue to dance around valid statments to this issue and blame the victims like you've been doing.. oh people can believe in someone having three legs cause it happens.. so when they are told something is fact it's not that hard to agree with now is it?? so stop with the lame analogies and answer the questions i posed to your intial statement What part of "take it in whatever way you desire to take it" did you not understand? I'm not going to say anything more on that other than take it whatever way you want to take it. If you honestly believe they were diamonds than you believed that and something I have said struck a nerve with you but if you did not believe than you have no problem with what I said or if you did believe but now realize you were wrong it would strike a serious nerve with you knowing that some never believed from the beginning and they were correct all the way along so ... take it all whatever way you want to take it and that is the best answer you will get from me.

Invicta and fake diamonds Watchgeek posts continue  

timeman View Public Profile Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Long Island, New York Posts: 5,134 Real Name: Jerry Senior Member True WatchGeek Q...

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you