Path of blood through the right heart chambers 1. Blood from SVC & IVC enter the right atrium.
2. It passes through the tricuspid valve into the right ventricle
3. Blood is pumped from the right ventricle, through the pulmonary valve, and into the pulmonary trunk.
4. Blood passes into the pulmonary arteries towards the lungs
Path of blood through the left heart chambers 5. Oxygenated blood is returned to the heart through 4 pulmonary veins.
6. Blood enters the left atrium. 7. Blood passes through the bicuspid valve into the left ventricle.
8. The left ventricle pumps blood through the aortic valve into the aorta.
9. Blood enters systemic circulation to the tissues throughout the body.
9 8 5
Short sequence of blood flow through the heart.