The Lights Before Christmas Join us for Fresno’s premiere event every winter, “The Lights before Christmas,” an unforgettable night of dinner, music with live and silent auctions benefiting the Chamber - all backlit by twinkling Christmas tree lights. This event will be a magical experience for you to showcase your business and enjoy the company of Fresno’s elite in a bright, enjoyable environment. Eggs and Issues Breakfast These events are held at various times during the year to give attendees an intimate look at politics from local legislators. It also is an ideal forum for Chamber members to interact and share their views on the legislative needs of the business community. Membership Mixers Chamber Mixers, held the third Wednesday of every month, provide a fun and favorable venue for network development. These popular gettogethers allow current and potential members to meet, exchange information and talk business in a relaxed, informal atmosphere. Bring your business cards, get ready to talk about your company or organization, and prepare to make at least a few new friends! Visit the Chamber website (FresnoChamber.com) to find out upcoming dates and locations. DELIVERING PROGRAMS TO HELP BUSINESS GROW! As a Chamber, we depend upon volunteers and staff to help us identify community needs, issues and opportunities to improve Fresno. We then work closely with stakeholders to produce programs capable of solving these issues. As a business-centered organization, we also strive to deliver programs to help businesses flourish. Here are some examples:
GET INVOLVED! Members help us achieve our core objectives when they get involved. If you are a member and would like to get involved with the Chamber, please contact us at (559) 495-4800 or email@example.com and let us know what committee you are interested in: • Ambassadors • Business/Education Committee • E.A.R.T.H. Committee • Governmental Affairs Council • Political Action Committee
ENHANCE COMMERCE THROUGH COMMUNITY STEWARDSHIP The Chamber is the front door of community stewardship and we work in collaboration with many other community organizations to enhance local businesses, including: • Building Industry Association • California State University, Fresno (CSUF) • Center for Advanced Research and Technology • Central California Hispanic Foundation • Economic Development Corporation Serving Fresno County • Fresno Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce • Fresno Compact
• The Maddy Institute, CSUF • Tree Fresno • Fresno Regional Workforce Investment Board • Valley CAN FRESNO CHAMBER ADVOCATES ON BEHALF OF BUSINESS One of the main goals of the Fresno Chamber is to be active on local, state and federal issues which impact local business. The Chamber has two thriving programs in place to engage in the governmental and political process. The Government Affairs Council (GAC) analyzes proposed bills, initiatives and business-related issues at monthly meetings that are open to the public. Meetings are attended by local elected officials as well as state and federal legislators and/or staff representatives. Each year the GAC takes a position on over 50 proposed state bills and dozens of local and federal issues. It writes letters to elected officials and speaks out at City Council and Board of Supervisor meetings to present interests to relevant representatives before they vote on key issues. Businesses are encouraged to communicate their government-related issues to the GAC to see if the Chamber can help in any way. Anyone interested in learning what’s going on in the community is welcome to listen and participate in the spirited conversations at GAC meetings, held the second Tuesday of each month at noon. The meetings serve as a great way to keep tabs on government issues, which are sometimes confusing and constantly evolving.
• Fresno Convention & Visitors Bureau • Fresno County Farm Bureau
• San Joaquin Political Academy
• Fresno County Office of Education
• Small Business University
• Fresno County Women’s Chamber of Commerce • Fresno Leading Young Professionals • Fresno Metro Black Chamber of Commerce • Hmong Business Association • Regional Jobs Initiative
The Political Action Committee (PAC) gets involved in political races by endorsing qualified candidates who share the Chamber’s mission of promoting business and enhancing the economic and cultural well-being of Fresno County residents. The PAC raises money to donate to candidate’s campaigns in key races. It also does independent expenditures to further support a particular candidate or issue when necessary. The Chamber believes helping the right candidates get into office strengthens our ability to work together in the future.
• Junior Board • Leadership Fresno
• Recognition of outstanding leadership with through industry specific awards
• State Center Consortium
• Fresno Business Council
• Entrepreneurship 29
• Need-based information exchanges and special events for business development
• State Center Community College District
Published on Mar 24, 2011
Annually, the Greater Fresno Area Chamber of Commerce publishes the Membership Directory and a Buyer’s Guide. It is done as a service to our...