National Project of AIESEC in Vietnam
Gl o bal Navigator
This opportunity is specifically for students in Australia interested to come to Vietnam! Know what you are doing during your summer holidays for 1718!! Next slides will be typical FAQâ€™s for this project, gathered from past exchange participants
What happens if I am selected for this Project? • • •
Expect to be in Vietnam from December 6 2017 to Jan 26 2018 (dates pending for changes) You will be added to our Facebook Group to communicate with other volunteers + Project team You will receive an EP Buddy in September 2017 • DO NOT PURCHASE any airline ticket until after July 2017 • Your buddy will support you with cultural integration to Vietnam, SIM card support, finding accommodations
How does accommodation work? •
You will have two options: 1. Homestay (if available) | AUD$65-$130 2. Hostel/Dorm Stay | AUD$325-$455
Is there a project fee?
• Yes, you will need to pay USD$60 (~AUD$77). This fee will cover all our logistical and administrative costs for your duration in Vietnam
How does process Visa Work? • •
Please review our guideline: http://bit.ly/vietnamvisaguideline Please budget around USD$25 USD / AUD$33
I have little to no experience!!! How do I help?
• Yes, we will train you and provide you all the necessary resources to perform in your role. We expect you to have an eager and actionoriented attitude
Do I receive Arrival support when I enter Vietnam? •
Yes, please coordinate with your EB buddy on selecting a suitable arrival time when booking your flight
Do you help me with my departure plan back home to Australia? •
Yes, we can help you with a plan of how go to airport from where you are living in Ho Chi Minh City. If you plan to travel to other countries after your volunteer experience, our support is limited
Do I have time to travel during my project? •
Yes, we have allocated time during our project so you can travel to surrounding tourist attractions with your fellow EP mates
What are the typical expenses I need to pay for when I am Vietnam?
• Please have medical insurance prior coming to Vietnam • In Vietnam, please expect to pay for accommodations, food, transportation, SIM card, and if you plan to travel
How do I commute around Ho Chi Minh City?
• We have public transportation, UBER, GRAB, and motorbike renting options.
What is food like in Vietnam?
• Very delicious! We are a huge variety of food and accustom for any food restrictions.
How many hours do I need to volunteer per week? •
Please expect to volunteer at least 25 hours per week. Some weeks might be heavier and some lighter depending on your proactivity to get the task done
How long will I be in Vietnam?
• Please expect to be in Vietnam for at least 6 weeks
What is the time zone in Vietnam?
• UTC/GMT +7 – we have one time zone in Vietnam • Sydney, Australia time zone is UTC/GMT + 11 (4 hours ahead of Vietnam) • ie. 2pm in Ho Chi Minh City, it is 6pm in Sydney, Australia
How does the electricity outlet work?
• Voltage: 127V/ 220V, Frequency: 50Hz
Does my credit card/ATM card work win Vietnam? • Yes, we many international banks here. All cards will be accepted. Please expect at least 3-4% service charge • We recommend you to bring American Dollars
Do I need to bring cultural items?
• Yes, please bring items that represent Australian culture. Examples are flags, food, clothing, or wristbands. If possible, include small giveaways
For Australia! In…
Transportation (*we mainly use motorbikes here) Public Bus
Typical Meal (Inexpensive Restaurant)
AUD$1.4 – $2.3
AUD$7 – $10
Meal for 2 People, Midrange Restaurant
AUD$18 – $22
AUD$76 – $80
Fast Food (McDonald, KFC, etc)
AUD$1.5 – $5
AUD$7.5 – $10
Water (0.33L bottle)
AUD$0.28 – $0.30
AUD$2.6 – $2,65
Coke/Pepsi (0.33L bottle)
AUD$0.58 – $1.2
AUD$2.2 – $3
AUD $1.2 – $2
AUD$5.8 – $7.6
Other Cinema ( 1 Seat)
AUD$2.5 – $4
AUD$17.5 – $18
BASIC LIVING COSTS
• Why | Enabling Vietnamese Youth to speak English confidently
while understanding topics related to sustainable development
• How | Effective facilitation of purposeful content • What | Provision of safe space to practice English communication skills while learning about sustainable development
Target 4.7 By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development
What wil you do?
All Information, please find on our Opportunities Portal:
Help out Vietnamese Youth! In a creative way, you will be creating and delivering information about issues about world to local Vietnamese Youth. Ensuring that a fun and engaging English communication space is present throughout the project! Before the project starts, AIESEC in Vietnam will provide you with the necessary training and resources to ensure your success!
2. Preparation to Vietnam 3. Training in Vietnam
• Conducting interviews and selecting Volunteers for this project • Home country preparation of EP coming to Vietnam • Coordination with EP Buddy • In your first weekend in Vietnam, you will be required to attend the incoming preparation seminar, where you will receive training • In the middle, you will attend our EP Lead Conference
4 Delivery of Workshops
• Facilitating meaningful and powerful information to our Vietnamese Youth
5. Experience Vietnamese Culture
• Learning about how our people act, behave and live their day to day lives
6. Provision of Feedback
• We are consistently looking to improve our project and services for all our international volunteers. Your input is greatly appreciated
7. Departure Home
• We hope you enjoyed your experience in Vietnam and left your impact!
10 11 IPS 17
**pending minor changes Dec 6, 2017 to Jan 26, 2017
Arrival Time and Adapting to Vietnamese Society Global Village/Demo Day
Preparation Week – Ensure that your session outlines and plan is fully prepared Workshop – During evening time from 6:00pm to 9:00pm Graduation/Farewell Day Closing of Project – Discharge reporting & Feedback
Engagement Spaces You will conduct workshops and other activities with local Vietnamese students. Learning about Sustainable Development while improving English communication skills All Global Volunteers will need to pay $60 USD or ~$77 AUS as the project fee. Can be paid in VND currency. Accommodation 1. homestay (if available) --- $50 to $100 USD 2. Hostels/Dorms --- $250 to $350 USD
Pick up Please select an appropriate of arrival with your buddy
Training Incoming preparation seminar, EP Lead and peer to peer learning environment Local Buddy University Student that helps out during the duration of your project here in Vietnam
• Insurance is mandatory • Prepare traditional clothes and presentation to showcase your culture • Semi-formal clothes for working • Mosquito Repellent Spray • Any needed Medication
See you soon in !
Banh Uot (Rice Cepres)
Banh Mi (Vietnamese Subway)
Com Tam (Broken Rice)
Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup)