Camp Firework Counselor Application (RETURNING MEMBERS) Camp Firework #3 is scheduled for February 6-9, 2014 at Camp Highland (2/7-9 for middle school students--high school students must be available 2/6 as well). Please fill out the following form by August 23, 2013 to Ms. Turdjianâ€™s office if you are a Clark Magnet student and to Ms. Lauâ€™s room (Room 7103).You will be notified for your interview dates and for further information. Please feel free to attach an additional piece of paper to the application if needed to answer the questions.
Mandatory Meeting dates this year are on September 27th, November 15th, December 6th, and January 24th from 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm in the CVHS Falcon Cafe unless otherwise indicated. If you cannot come to any of these meeting dates, please email Ms. Bomar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to explain your possible absence.
Name (last, first MI) ____________________________ Student ID #: ___________ High School ________________________________ Grade _______
Cell phone number:
Home address (optional): Best way to contact you: T Shirt Size (adult sizes) ___XS___S___M ___L ___XL Please pick a trail name that you will use during camp, ex. Kit Kat, Long Stride, Butterfly: 1. Please indicate your preferred position for Camp Firework (Non-presenting Counselor, Counselor, Staff) and why you chose this position based on your prior experience.
2. Are you comfortable presenting a lesson? please circle one:
**3. If you do wish to present, what leadership skill/ value do you intend to present on and how?
4. What do you feel is the most important value pertaining to leadership? Please explain why, citing any evidence from past experience.
5. What does leadership mean to you? What kind of leader do you consider yourself?
6. What was/were your favorite aspect/s of your past Camp Firework experience & why?
7. What do you look to improve on this year (leadership skills, bettering the camp experience, new ideas, etc.)?