Advocate or Advantix â€“ Which is the Best Option
• Advocate and Advantix, both are Bayer products and each of them has got its unique attributes in effectively killing fleas and ticks from the bodies of pets. • But in recent times there have been a lot of pet owners who would like to know the basic difference between both these products. • The reason for that is the basic confusion of selecting the best product for their pets.
The Basic Difference Between both of these Products
What they treat: Advantix
â€˘ Advantix is a spot-on treatment that protects your dog from ticks, fleas, mosquitoes and sandflies.
â€˘ Advocate is the only spot-on treatment that controls fleas, heartworm and gastrointestinal worms in dogs.
Parasites controlled: Advantix
â€˘ It protects dogs from fleas, ticks and flies
â€˘ It protects dogs from fleas, heartworm, intestinal worms, and mites.
The time duration it takes to work: Advantix
• It stops fleas from feeding within 3-5 minutes of contact and within 12 hours of application, 98-100% of fleas on the body of your dog die.
• It starts killing 98-100% of adult fleas within 12 hours of application. It also controls flea larvae in the pet’s environment and reduces the incidence of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
Active Ingredients: Advantix
â€˘ It contains Imidaclopid and Permathrin as active ingredients.
â€˘ It contains Imidacloprid and Moxidectin as active ingredients.
How they work -
Advantix vs Advocate Advantix • It kills external parasites with the help of its two active ingredients – Imidacloprid and Permethrin. Imidacloprid consists of a repelling action called as hot foot activity on ticks that repels them from sticking on a treated dog for 4 weeks. • Permathrin affects the nervous system of the parasites and totally blocks the sodium channels which are key to nerve impulses of parasites. This ultimately leads to killing of pests. • Advantix effectively kills approximately 98.5% ticks within 2 hours of application.
Advocate • Advocate consists of Imidachroprid and moxidectin as active ingredients. These two ingredients eliminate parasites by discontinuing their neurotransmissions. They disrupt the invertebrate nerve and muscle cells by attacking the central nervous system of the parasites. • This causes paralysis and eventually death of the parasites. • It kills 98-100% of fleas within 12 hours of application. In addition to this Moxidectin enters your pet’s bloodstream and with monthly use will prevent heartworm infection in dogs.
Similarities: Ideal age for dogs to take this treatment: Both Advantix and Advocate have been recommended for 7 weeks and older puppies. Dosage: Both Advantix and Advocate are monthly treatment. Manufacturer: Both Advantix and Advocate are manufactured by Bayer.
Waterproof: Both Advantix and Advocate are completely waterproof hence, your dog can swim, get wet, even be bathed without the need for reapplication of the treatment.
• Advantix is more useful when you want to kill and repel deadly paralysis ticks before they bite your dog.
• Advocate is more useful when you have a major outbreak of parasites in your house and would like to protect your dog from fleas, heartworm, intestinal worms, and mites.
• So if your surroundings are prone to Australia’s most common parasites then Advocate is the best choice.
• But if you want to eliminate fleas, ticks and flies from your house then Advantix is the better option.
Conclusion The cost of both these products is more or less the same but it depends on the type of parasites that your dog is currently dealing with which will be the ultimate purchase decision-making point.
For More info Visit Our Website
www.VetSupply.com.au Contact us on Toll free number: 1300 838 787 MON - FRI 9AM - 7PM Email us any time: firstname.lastname@example.org
The basic difference between both of these products