The 10 worst pollution problems in th VIRTUAL TUTOR: LICDA. LUZ DE MARIA LOUCEL VIDES STUDENT: ROSA DELMI VARELA SECTIÓN: "O“
• Environmental pollution is defined as the presence in the environment of one or more pollutants or any combination of them that is harmful to one or several of the factors or components of the environment or harm. • • Contaminant is that chemical, biological or radiological, substance in any of their physical States and forms, which to merge or be above their normal concentrations in the atmosphere, water, soil, fauna or any element of the environment, alters and changes its composition and natural condition.
What do we do with contaminants?
• First check to make sure that our production processes and our way of consume do not contribute to create or increase the pollution of the environment. It is necessary to develop methods of production, transport, storage and waste disposal, clean and respectful with the environment. • • But if evil is done it is necessary to decontaminate. We believe that nature itself is able to save himself. Indeed, using bacteria capable of eating and digesting pollutants, we are capable of improving and preserving the natural environment. They may be specific for different types of contamination bacteria, which, in reality, the nature, with our cooperation, is able to solve its problems.
Commitment to the environment
• Protect the environment requires immediate solutions, if not nature will charge us later the mistakes we make today. An important measure, and that it can be easy for some, it is to use correct lighting systems. By implementing, for example, electronic ballasts which Dim the luminous flux during the hours of less traffic of vehicles and/or persons leads to lower energy expenditure. Another measure of efficiency and savings can be considered the replacement of mercury vapor by the sodium-vapour lamps with which you get significant savings in energy consumption. On the other hand, when the light is not well directed or light is excessive produced socalled light pollution, much light does not illuminate well. • Luxtronic is founded in 2003 under the vision of creating technology that allows the saving of energy. The climate of the planet caused by the misuse of its resources, forces us to seize power in a more rational way. The companies that develop technology have to build products that meet this need. •
Massive pollution of the soil by residue
• No war, no infections, currently air pollution has become the leading cause of mortality and morbidity in the world. According to the who is causing lower than own wars and so-called catastrophic events caused by natural phenomena. Now let's talk about the pollution of water, air, food, radioactive, etc., most such disasters directly affect soil and water. It is often the water vehicle that caused much of the problems generated in the environment and the health of the affected population. Obviously, children and the elderly are the demographic that more segments suffer the consequences. Too often, and especially in the euphemistically so-called developing countries, pollution generating disasters of comparable magnitude to those of any other type of casuistry. As it can be that of tropical hurricanes. Similarly, the who alert that climate warming could worsen more still the problem. He begins to talk about with words like the of "silent pandemic".
• In a statement, the expert noted that sectors petrochemical, textile, paper, fertilizer and agro-industrial - this last producer of olive oil and wine - generate aqueous liquid waste containing Polyfunctional phenols, anilines, chlorophenols and organochlorines in general. • Most of those compounds - harmful microorganisms that are found in the environment, and in concentrations of moderate to high, for the health of human beings--are dumped in natural reservoirs which are diluted. • But, he warned, this after having caused bad smell, bioaccumulationaccumulation of chemical substances in living organisms reaching higher concentrations than in the Middle environment or in foodstuffs. •
DESTRUCTION OF OZONE
• Carbon dioxide and the greenhouse effect are warming the planet. The destruction of ozone due to human activities has already come to the point in which the harmful solar rays, the ultraviolet B, arrive, in large areas of the Earth's surface to levels capable of causing extensive damage to life. Doses increasing UV-b threaten health and human well-being, crops, forests, plants, wildlife and marine. There has been a rise in the rate of skin cancer. Exposure to UV-B radiation reduces the effectiveness of the immune system. We must ban the manufacture and use of all ozone destroying compounds. The lack of water, the global warming effect, seriously threatens the livelihoods of more than 1200 million people, a quarter of the world's population. Despite growing concerns about these issues, international measures are insurmountable obstacles to its implementation because of the uncontrolled development of consumerism and the myopia of the political leaders, captive of the interests and the greed of the financial clans.
Some of the worst toxins of our times
• POP is the worst poison our environment; known today as POP, or persistent organic pollutants. These substances are usually extremely toxic in small quantities, and because travel long distances by air currents, endanger people, the flora and the fauna of the world. We now also know that POP are carried by the atmosphere to the polar environments where, in conditions cold, they condense and are deposited. This mechanism is proposed now as a paradigm to explain the surprisingly high concentrations of POP present in Arctic environments, as well as in the people who live there.
The worst polluting environment
• Plastic bags are one of the worst pollutants in the environment, now you esxplicaremos why. For starters, it has a life of 1,000 years and the worst thing is that they occur around a billion annually. Unfortunately this product, invented by man, is a symbol of utility. It is a product that we all use, whether for carrying the merchandise from the supermarket or remove garbage, etc., and are used by millions and millions of people a day. They are made from a petroleum derivative and even when "degrade" still leaving toxic particles that will never disappear.
The river King - Australia
â€˘ The River King (Australia) is considered the most polluted river throughout Australia, mainly due to mining activities along the River back to the Decade of 1880. 1.5 million tons of tailings entered the river each year until 1995, while casting smoke created acid rain in the area. Today mining operations continue to make the highly toxic River for marine life thanks to the remains of dissolved metals and tailings that are still in the river.Â
Lake Tai â€˘ Around 2,800 factories line the shores of Lake Tai, the third largest in China Lake, adding to his title of the largest and most polluted in the country. Representatives have estimated a great cost $14.4 billion to clean up all the wastewater pollutants and industrial discharges to these waters. Currently, waters have a green color of all flowering algae due to their wide source of industrial pollution in the Lake.Â
Citarum River - Indonesia
â€˘ 500 factories pollute River Citarum in Indonesia along its banks and it is possibly the most polluted river in the world. There is so much garbage covering the surface that in many areas the water can not be seen, and is more profitable to feed on garbage can that make a living fishing the River, although it does risk a disgusting by spending more time in her illness.Â
Lake Victoria - Africa
â€˘ Lake Victoria borders several countries of Eastern Africa, which makes it more difficult to negotiate cleaning prevention and pollution. As there are very few laws, residents of the vehicles belonging to clean the water of the same Lake that sewage is regularly published in and that also end up bathing in. even more difficult, people who come in contact with water are susceptible to get far with various diseases such as schistosomiasis, cholera, schistosomiasis, pneumoniadiarrhea and various skin diseases.Â