UNIT 3 TYPICAL FOOD OF MINAS GERAIS
What is your favorite typical food ?
Do you usually eat out?
Where do you usually eat out in your city?
Where do you get information about a restaurant?
Ingredients - 2 pounds manioc starch - 3 cups milk - 1 cup oil - 1 tablespoon salt - 4 eggs - 1 pound fresh white grated cheese Preparation In a large bowl, mix the manioc starch with 1 ½ cup milk. Add 1 ½ cup hot milk + oil + salt. Mix well until cold. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the cheese. Form small balls and put in a greased pan. Bake at 350F until the bottom of the breads turn golden brown
Tips If you want you can freeze. Just put the unbaked bread in a pan into the freezer until complete and separate the portions in small bags. When you want, take from the freezer and let it thaw for 15 minutes before baking. www.floridabrasil.com/brazilian-recipes/cheesebread-recipe
1) Match the columns to complete the verbs below. ( 1 ) take
( 2 ) add
( 3 ) mix
( 4 ) put
( 5 ) bake
( 6 ) separate
2) Mark the correct sentence: a) The text looks like a: (
b) Whatâ€™s the function of text? (
) to teach to make the cheese bread
) to calm down
( ) to
3) Which different things do you put in a salad? Tick (X) the word below (
) oilive oil
4) Write a typical food recipe, then show it for the class.
ď€Ž Note: the necessary words for write a recipe are: then, first, second, next, after, finally, now... _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _________________________________
1) Look at the menu above. Write about what you eat and drink for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Use: sometimes, usually, always, never
Example: I Usually have yoghurt for breakfast. I never have soup for lunch
a)Breakfast:______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _____________
b)Lunch:________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ ______________
c)Dinner:________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ ______________
The simple past tense The simple past tense is used to talk about actions that happened at a specific time in the past. You state when it happened using a time adverb. You form the simple past of a verb by adding ed onto the end of a regular verb. The irregular verbs forms vary a lot.
To be statements
To be statements
I didn’t work
Did I work?
Yes, I did
No, I didn’t
He didn’t work
Did he work?
Yes, he did
No, he didn’t
Did she work? Yes, she did
No, she didn’t No, it didn’t
work It worked
It didn’t work
Did it work?
Did you work? Yes, you did
Yes, it did
No, you didn’t
work We worked
We didn’t work Did we work?
Yes, we did
Did they work? Yes, they did
No, we didn’t No, they didn’t
work Source: http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/simplepresent.htm
1) Read the following conversations and note the use of did and didn’t.
a) A: How did you like your trip Mexico? B: I didn’t like it very much. It was too tiring. b) A: What did you do on the weekend? B: I didn’t do much. I stayed home and watched tv. c) A: Did you have a nice weekend? B: No, it was terrible. My boyfriend didn’t want to go out. d) A: How did you like Brazil? B: I loved it. But I didn’t have time to do everything I wanted.
2) Check the right choices. a) In a negative statement in the past, we use ( ) did ( ) don’t ( ) didn’t b) The main verb only comes in the past when the sentence is a: ( ) statement ( ) negative statement ( ) question 3) The Lucas had a busy weekend and didn’t do many of the things they wanted to. Unscramble the sentence below and find out what these things were. a) her boyfriend – didn’t – Pat – go out with ____________________________________________________________ b) go shopping - Julia - didn’t – on Saturday afternoon ____________________________________________________________ c) didn’t - Mathematics - Alex - study - on Sunday ______________________________________________________________ d) work - didn’t – in the garden - Steve - on the weekend _____________________________________________________________