STUDENT LIFE AT
passion with purpose Join a vibrant community that leads with compassion, character, and integrity. Whether you choose to be a scholar and musician, athlete and actor, or dancer and theologian, at Valpo, you will chart the course for one of the most exciting chapters of your life. You will be part of a thriving community where values are shared, differences are celebrated, and individual passions for leadership and service are ignited. You will form meaningful connections with friends and mentors who help you feel right at home. When you’re not in classes, study groups, and meetings with faculty mentors, you will have the
1. Explore the connections between faith and learning. 2. Enjoy a meal with friends at Founders Table, grab a sandwich at the Campus Café, or sip a StarbucksTM latte at Grinders. 3. Experience Valparaiso and Northwest Indiana, an hour from Chicago and 15 miles from Lake Michigan and the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.
opportunity to participate in a wide variety of co-curricular and extracurricular activities from athletics and recreational sports to worship and prayer services to cultural immersions and multicultural celebrations. Here you’ll participate in meaningful discussions in and out of the classroom with students and professors of backgrounds, traditions, and beliefs that may be different from your own. And you’ll learn to navigate through these differences, gain new perspectives, and form meaningful relationships that will last a lifetime. Join our close-knit community and enrich your life and the lives of those around you.
4. Join an intramural team or club sport or take a class at the Fitness Center. 5. Kick back and relax in a residence hall, form a study group in the lounge, or enjoy an authentic German meal in the German House. 6. Ride the V-Line to and from campus or hop a train to Chicago. 7. Attend a multicultural celebration and engage in conversation across cultures.
NCAA DIVISION I Athletics Programs
Community Outreach & Service-Learning Hours COMPLETED ANNUALLY
93% GRADUATE PLACEMENT for 2014-2015
H T Y B O LP
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE Awarded ANNUALLY
Including Morning Prayer Each Weekday, Each Week
Student CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
STUDY ABROAD programs
Typical CLASS SIZE
U.S. News & World Report Regional Universities in the Midwest Top 10 EVERY YEAR SINCE 1990
HE NUM BE
UNDERGRADUATE TEACHING by U.S. News & World Report
of UNDERGRADUATE students receive FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
VALUE in the MIDWEST by U.S. News & World Report
majors in FIVE colleges
ARTS performances ANNUALLY National SORORITY & FRATERNITY Chapters Named to Presidentâ€™s Higher Education Community Service
HONOR ROLL with DISTINCTION
Student-ATHLETES on Spring 2016 Horizon League ACADEMIC HONOR ROLL
beyond your expectations Become a leader who inspires others to act for the good of the world. Valpo fosters and nurtures leaders. Here you will gain a competitive advantage in your career and in life. Travel abroad and serve the global community. Lead your peers through our more than 100 student organizations. Participate in student government. Join the sorority and fraternity community. Your experiences on campus and in the world will prepare you as a globally savvy leader ready to meet tomorrow’s challenges with knowledge and confidence. You’ll learn how to lead with integrity as you develop a deeper understanding of your place in the world.
1. Join a sorority or fraternity and develop leadership skills while having fun with new friends. 2. Attend an exhibition opening at the Brauer Museum of Art, see a theatre or choir performance, or create art of your own. 3. Compete in one of our 19 Division I athletics programs or cheer on your classmates. 4. Participate in diverse extracurricular programs and grow as a leader as you learn about other cultures.
Rewarding internships and real-world learning opportunities will equip you with the invaluable skills needed to thrive in your chosen career path. And when you graduate, you’ll join the ranks of alumni around the world who assume leadership roles in their careers, communities, churches, social institutions, the nation, and the world. Seize the opportunity to lead and take the initiative to make a difference.
5. Work on or off campus to enhance your résumé. 6. Watch a movie with friends, take ballroom dance lessons, or go to a concert on campus. 7. Sharpen your communication skills through the student newspaper, yearbook, or radio or TV station.
VALPO AROUND THE WORLD Valpo is an international Lutheran University. Connect to a network that spans across the country and around the world. Through more than 20 Study Abroad programs, international service trips, global internships and fellowships, on-campus cultural banquets and activities, and cultural immersion residence options, youâ€™ll find opportunities to expand your worldview. As a Valpo student, daily conversations in and out of the classroom on our international campus can shape your perspective and even your life.
your passion to make a difference Discover how your life will change when you make a difference in the lives of others. As a Valpo student, you’ll find endless opportunities to give back to local and global communities. Whether you implement innovative health care solutions in Nicaragua with the College of Nursing and Health Professions, participate in a Spring Break service trip to provide relief following a natural disaster, or help a local elementary school student learn how to read, you might just discover how much you can gain when you give back.
Each year, Valpo students dedicate more than 220,000 hours to community outreach and service-learning. You may restore communities, construct irrigation systems, tutor and read to children, and raise funds and awareness for vital causes. At Valpo, learning through service isn’t just a way to enhance a résumé. It’s a way of life. Explore your passions and learn how you can be a part of something bigger.
1. Make a difference in the local and global community through the Social Action Leadership Team (SALT).
5. Join Engineers Without Borders, an interdisciplinary, servicebased organization.
2. Connect with the Institute for Leadership and Service, dedicated to helping students find their purpose.
6. Dedicate your Spring Break to service and travel across the country and around the world.
3. Get involved with Alpha Phi Omega, a nationwide co-educational service fraternity.
7. Dance through the night and raise funds for children’s hospitals with the annual Dance Marathon.
4. Learn through leadership and service and grow as a student and a person.
See for yourself.
SCHEDULE A CAMPUS VISIT TODAY. valpo.edu/visit
1620 Chapel Drive • Valparaiso, IN 46383 Phone: 219.464.5011 • Toll-free: 888.GO.VALPO Email: email@example.com
valpo.edu/admission • valpo.edu/visit