1 Asking for help
– Of course, open your book on p. 45. – Okay, we will do the first exercise together, as an example. – Sure, what do you want to know? – You have to circle the correct words. – In English, that is called a schoolbag. – It means ‘krijt’, what you use to write on a blackboard.
– Excuse me. Can you repeat that, please? – Excuse me, miss, I don’t understand. – Can you help me, miss? – Could you explain this exercise, please? – How do you say ‘boekentas’ in English? – What does ‘chalk’ mean?
HOW TO ask for something in class
2 Asking for permission
– Of course. – Sure, you can use your phone to look up the word.
– May I go to the toilet? – Can I use a dictionary, please?
3 Asking for things
– May I have a tissue? – Could/can I borrow your pen?
R U READY?
– Sure, here you are. – Of course, here you go.