Tulsa County Free Fair 2016
Tulsa County Fair 2016 Schedule of Events
Tuesday, July 19
4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Entry Take-in and Table Setting Contest Set-up
Wednesday, July 20
8:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Judging – Closed to the public
Thursday, July 21
Doors Open to the Public OHCE Gift Shoppe Open Community Resource Booths Variety of Entertainment Children’s Petting Zoo OHCE Membership Tea Rabbit Show Doors Close
3:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m. Friday, July 22
Saturday, July 23
3:00 p.m. 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m.
Doors Open to the Public OHCE Gift Shoppe Open Community Resource Booths Variety of Entertainment Children’s Petting Zoo Poultry Show 4-H Ice Cream Festival Doors Close
10:00 a.m. – Noon
Entry Release and tear down
Tulsa County Fair events are held at the Exchange Center, at the Tulsa County Fairgrounds. Please read all pre-entry and fair rules and regulations carefully. The Tulsa County Fair is open to all residents of Tulsa County and members of 4-H, FFA, Oklahoma Home and Community Education (OHCE), and Master Gardeners of Tulsa County. For more information go to: http://www.tulsacounty.org/freefair/
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016 OPEN CLASS DIVISION RULES AND REGULATIONS
11. While the fair committee will use all diligence and every precaution to ensure the safety of articles, the committee will in NO CASE be responsible for loss or damage that may occur.
Julaine Farless - Co-Superintendent Linda Rasure - Co-Superintendent
12. Ribbons and premiums will be awarded for First, Second, and Third place. Ribbons only are awarded for Fourth and Fifth places. Premiums for placing of 1st - $3; 2nd - $2; 3rd - $1 will be mailed to exhibitors. All premium checks will be void after 60 days from issue date. Lost premium checks must be reported within 90 days following the fair. No premium under $5.00 will be rewritten after 90 days.
1. Exhibitors must comply with all rules and regulations of the Tulsa County Fair. Any resident of Tulsa County may enter or any member in a Tulsa County Extension related group such as 4-H, Oklahoma Home and Community Education (OHCE), or Master Gardeners. 2. Entries must be made on an official Tulsa County Fair Entry Form, obtainable at the OSU Extension Center, 4116 East 15th Street or at the Fair the day entries are accepted. Each entry must have a yellow entry tag securely attached.
13. Section 499 Table Setting Competition. This competition is open to anyone that is eligible to enter in the Tulsa County Fair Open Class Division. Ribbons and premiums will be awarded for First, Second, and Third place. Ribbons only are awarded for Fourth and Fifth places. Premiums for placing of 1st - $15, 2nd - $10, 3rd - $5 will be mailed to exhibitors.
3. Exhibits are accepted on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. All entries must be picked up Saturday, July 23, 2016, between 10:00 a.m. and Noon.
14. Section 511 Group Awards will be awarded to Tulsa Co OHCE Groups. Points are based on the total number of exhibits entered by a group divided by the total membership of the group. Twenty- five additional points will be added for a group educational exhibit table. All paperwork MUST be turned in on day of Entry Take-in.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS 4. The Exchange Center will be open to the public from 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, July 21 and 22, 2016. 5. In order that all exhibits may be of educational value and benefit to fair visitors, articles should be of style and made of materials now in vogue. Soiled articles will not be accepted. All exhibits must have been completed since August 1, 2015 and made by the individual entering the item.
SECTION 499 TABLE SETTING Create a table setting for two (2) using any theme desired. Table coverings, decorations, tableware, and card table, etc., are all the responsibility of the entrant.
6. If the fair committee determines that the work has been entered at a previous Tulsa County Fair, the entry shall be disqualified.
Tables are to be set up on Tuesday, July 19 from 4-7pm
7. Multiple classes in the Section may be entered, but only ONE ENTRY PER CLASS PER PERSON is allowed. The judge will determine if first place premiums will be awarded based on the quality of the exhibit. The judge may award second place or no premium, according to his/her judgment. Judge’s decisions are final.
Table decorations must last the entire fair. Table decorating should be limited to table top only, electricity is not available. Include a menu suitable for your table setting. All table settings will be displayed in a roped-off viewing area. The Tulsa County Fair will not be responsible for loss or damage to table settings, regardless of the cause.
8. Superintendents have been instructed to reclassify an entry if it does not fit the classification entered by the exhibitor. If the article does not fit the class, the article may be left on display only if the department has room to properly display the exhibit.
Judging guidelines: Eye appeal, Theme carried throughout, Functional and proper format, Proportionate to table size, Balance between decorations and settings. ►Class Number Ages 5 to 8 years 1. Youth—ages 5-17 2. Adult
9. No exhibitor will be allowed to interfere in any way with the superintendent or judge in the performance of his/her duties. A violation of this rule will cause forfeiture of premium and will be excluded from exhibition. 10. The fair committee reserves the right to exclude from exhibition any article it deems unworthy or inappropriate. After judging, the superintendent reserves the privilege to display articles, or in the case there is not adequate space, they reserve the privilege of setting the articles back for the exhibitor to pick up at conclusion of the fair.
SECTION 500 OPEN CLASS YOUTH 5 - 19 YEARS OLD Each item should have yellow entry tag securely attached. Food items must be made from scratch and on a paper plate in a -2-
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016 resealable bag. All framed Fine Art must be ready to hang (no saw tooth). Photos are standard 4x6 and must be matted.
Note: Exhibitors entering in Open Class Youth – Section 500 may NOT enter in Exceptional Division – Section 501.
37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42.
►Class Number Ages 5 to 8 years 1. Any item using sewing construction skills 2. Any wearable accessory item you made (jewelry, hair accessory, belt, etc.) 3. Any purchased item you decorated (T-shirt, bag, shoes, box, etc.) 4. Culinary - No-bake cookies (3) 5. Fine Art - pencil, crayon or marker 6. Fine Art - watercolor, acrylic or finger paint 7. Hand crafted item (non-wearable) 8. Holiday craft item 9. Horticulture - Item grown by you (plant, vegetable, flower, terrarium, etc. 10. Photography - One matted photo taken by you 11. Recycled item - Any throw away item made to another use
Any wearable accessory item you made (jewelry, hair accessory, belt, etc.) Any purchased item you decorated (T-shirt, bag, shoes, box, etc.) Culinary - Cupcakes Fine Art - pencil, ink Fine Art - watercolor, oil or acrylic Hand crafted Item (non-wearable) Holiday craft Item Horticulture Item grown by you (plant, vegetable, flower, terrarium, etc.) Photography - One matted photo taken by you Recycled Item - Any throw away item made to another use SECTION 501 EXCEPTIONAL DIVISION
Participation in this section are open to individuals with physical, mental and/or emotional disabilities or limitations. Note: Exhibitors entering in Exceptional Division - Section 501 may NOT enter in Open Class Youth – Section 500 but may enter in Open Class Sections 502 - 510. ►Class Number Artwork 45. Crayon, Marker or Pencil 46. Watercolor, Acrylic or Finger Paint
Ages 9 to 11 years 12. Any item using sewing construction skills 13. Any wearable accessory item you made (jewelry, hair accessory, belt, etc.) 14. Any purchased item you decorated (T-shirt, bag, shoes, box, etc.) 15. Culinary - Drop cookies (3) 16. Fine Art - pencil, ink or marker 17. Fine Art - watercolor, oil or acrylic 18. Hand crafted item (non-wearable) 19. Holiday craft item 20. Horticulture item grown by you (plant, vegetable, flower, terrarium etc.) 21. Photography - One matted photo taken by you 22. Recycled item - Any throw away item made to another use
Crafts 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55.
Beadwork Ceramic Article Clay, Molded Holiday Item Leather Crafts Sewing Article Wood Craft Yard Art Other Special Art
Photo (standard 4x6) 56. Photography - One matted photo taken by you
Ages 12 to 14 years 23. Any item using sewing construction skills 24. Any wearable accessory item you made (jewelry, hair accessory, belt, etc.) 25. Any purchased item you decorated (T-shirt, bag, shoes, box, etc.) 26. Culinary - Muffins (3) 27. Fine Art - pencil, ink or marker 28. Fine Art - watercolor, oil or acrylic 29. Hand crafted Item (non-wearable) 30. Holiday craft Item 31. Horticulture Item grown by you (plant, vegetable, flower, terrarium, etc.) 32. Photography - One matted photo taken by you 33. Recycled Item - Any throw away item made to another use
SECTION 502 CLOTHING Attach entry tag with small safety pin to left shoulder or side of the garment; must be on a hanger. No hand crocheted, knitted, or machine knitted items. All items in Classes 57 - 80 must be completely handmade by the exhibitor. ►Class Number 57. Adult or Teen Sportswear - Casual or Dressy 58. Apron 59. Children’s Clothing (Sizes 0-12) 60. Constructed Bag (Bookbag, Tote Bag, etc.) 61. Constructed Purse (With Lining and Fastener) 62. Costume, Not Commercial 63. Doll Clothes 64. Garment Accessory (Collars, Scarves, Hats, etc.)
Ages 15 to 19 years 34. Any Item using sewing construction skills -3-
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. 79. 80.
Holiday Wearable Art Adult or Teen Garment - Knit Fabric Adult or Teen Pants, Shorts, Capris Adult or Teen Skirt Adult or Teen Blouse - Casual Adult or Teen Blouse - Fancy Adult or Teen Coordinates (2 or more items, skirt, pants, capri or bermuda shorts, w/top) Adult or Teen Street Dress Outerwear (Jackets, Coats, etc.) Pajama Pants Premature Infant Outfit Robe or Duster Sewing Notion, Fabric Pin Cushion, Scissors Holder, etc. Special needs item Tailored garment, lined Vest
109. 110. 111. 112.
Wall Hanging - 14” X 30” maximum size Wood Burning, Carving or Turning Wreath - Under 18” Wreath - 18” or Over SECTION 504 CULINARY ARTS
All breads are to be 1/2 loaf. Cakes are to be whole, no mini pans. No box mixes (except where listed), canned fillings or commercial pie crusts. All baking must be in resealable bags. Exhibit can be placed on cardboard covered with foil or paper plate. Attach entry tag to outside of bag, opposite of zipper, on the left hand corner. ►Class Number Cakes 113. Any Flavor - 8” or 9” - No frosting, One Layer 114. Pound Candies - use maximum size of 6” paper plate 115. Candy - Other Than listed (3 Pieces) 116. Chocolate Fudge (3 Pieces) 117. Peanut Brittle (3 Pieces) Cookies - use maximum size of 6” paper plate 118. Bar (3 Pieces) 119. Brownie (3 Pieces) 120. Chocolate Chip (3 Pieces) 121. No Bake Drop (3 Pieces) 122. Oatmeal (3 Pieces) 123. Peanut Butter (3 Pieces) 124. Sugar (3 Pieces) Muffins - use maximum size of 6” paper plate 125. Any Flavor - 3 Standard 126. Sugar free - 3 Standard Pies 127. Fruit (Whole Pie) 128. Pecan (Whole Pie) Special Classes 129. Cake - 1 Layer, 8” or 9” - Box Mix, No frosting Quick Breads 130. Banana (1/2 loaf ) 131. Biscuits (3 Pieces) 132. Bread - Any Other Fruit (1/2 loaf ) 133. Bread - Any Vegetable (1/2 loaf ) 134. Coffee Cake (Whole) 135. Cornbread (3 Pieces) Yeast Breads 136. Cinnamon Rolls (3 Rolls) 137. Dinner Rolls (3 Rolls) 138. Machine Made (1/2 loaf ) 139. Wheat, or other grains (1/2 loaf ) 140. White (1/2 loaf )
Special Garment or Accessory - purchased or handmade item 81. Decorated or Embellished - no lettering or numbers 82. Recycled Garment (not jeans) include story on 3” X 5” card 83. Recycled Denim Jeans - include story on 3” X 5” card SECTION 503 CREATIVE ARTS All hanging items MUST be equipped with secure wire hangers on the back (NO sawtooth or pop-lid hangers.) ►Class Number 84. Basket - Traditional - flat or round reed only 85. Basket - Contemporary - any other material 86. Beaded Work (No Holiday or Jewelry) 87. Ceramics - Glazed or Stained or Combination 88. Generated Card 89. Computer Generated Card 90. Computer Generated Picture 91. Door Decoration (No Wreaths-Ready to hang) 92. Flower Arrangement - Mixed Material - Under 14” 93. Flower Arrangement - Mixed Material - 14” or Over 94. Flower Arrangement - Silk Only - Under 14” 95. Flower Arrangement - Silk Only - 14” or Over 96. Jewelry - Bracelets 97. Jewelry - Earrings 98. Jewelry - Necklaces Only (Do Not Mount) 99. Jewelry - Pins 100. Leather Craft 101. Paper Craft - Other Than Listed Classes - No Scrapbooking 102. Pottery Clay item - Molded or Turned 103. Recycled item (no fabric), include Story on 3” x 5” card, maximum size of 30” wide 104. Recycled Trash To Another Use, include Story on 3” x 5” card, No Fabric, maximum size of 30” wide 105. Refrigerator Magnets - 3” X 3” maximum size, handmade 106. Table Center Piece - 6” or Over 107. Tole Painting 108. Wall hanging - Under 12”
Canning Canning must be in standard pint, ½ pint or quart jars. No packer, mayonnaise jars, paraffin, or jar showing spoilage will be considered in judging. All canning must be sealed per USDA Food Safety Guidelines or will be disqualified. NO artificial coloring may be used. Only exhibits in CLEAR COLORLESS canning jars will be judged. -4-
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016
2016 Award Announcement BALL® FRESH PRESERVING AWARD FOR ADULT LEVEL2016 Award Announcement Presented by:
BALL® Fresh Preserving AWARD BALL ® & KERR® FRESH PRESERVING PRODUCTS FOR ADULT LEVEL presented by: FOR ADULT LEVEL BALL® & KERR® Fresh Preserving PRODUCTS
Jarden Home Brands, marketers of Ball® and Kerr® Fresh Preserving Products, is proud to today’s fresh preserving (canning) enthusiasts. Awards for 1st and 2nd place will be FORrecognize ADULT LEVEL presented to individuals whose home canned entry is selected the best in the category.
Jarden Home Brands, marketers of Ball® and Kerr® Fresh Preserving Products, is proud to recognize today’s freshofpreserving Awards for 1st and 2nd place willand be presented to A panel judges will (canning) select the enthusiasts. top two entries in Fruits, Vegetables, Pickles, Soft Spreads individuals whose home canned entry is selected the best in the category. categories. Entries must be preserved in Ball® Classic, Collection Elite®, or Heritage Collection Jars sealed with Ball® Classic, Collection Elite, or Heritage Lids and Bands, or preserved in
Kerr®of Jars sealed Kerr ® Lids soft spreadPickles, entriesand must beSpreads prepared A panel judges willwith select the topand twoBands. entriesIn in addition, Fruits, Vegetables, Soft using Ball ® Pectin: Classic, Low or No-Sugar, or Liquid. categories. Entries must be preserved in Ball® Classic, Collection Elite®, or Heritage Collection Jars sealed with Ball® Classic, Collection Elite, or Heritage Lids and Bands, or preserved in Kerr® Jars sealed with Kerr® Lids and Bands. In addition, soft spread entries must be prepared using Ball® Pectin: Classic, No-Sugar, or Liquid. Entries from Low each or category honored with the First Place award will receive: • Two (2) Five-Dollar ($5) Coupons for Ball® or Kerr® Fresh Preserving Products and Entries from each(up category honored with Place award will receive: • One (1) Free to $5 value) Coupon for the Ball®First Pectin
• Two (2) Five-Dollar ($5) Coupons for Ball® or Kerr® Fresh Preserving Products and • One (1) Free tocategory $5 value) Coupon forthe Ball® Pectin Entries from(up each honored with Second Place award will receive: Entries from each category honored Second Place awardProducts will receive: • One (1) Five-Dollar ($5) Coupon forwith Ball® the or Kerr® Fresh Preserving and • One (1) Five-Dollar ($5) for Ball® Kerr® Fresh Preserving Products and • One (1) Free (up to $5Coupon value) Coupon for or Ball® Pectin • One (1) Free (up to $5 value) Coupon for Ball® Pectin
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016 141. 142. 143. 144. 145. 146. 147. 148. 149. 150. 151. 152. 153. 154. 155. 156. 157. 158. 159. 160. 161. 162.
Commercially Made 186. Ready made fabric item - hand decorated 187. Recycled old Textiles to another use, include Story on 3” X 5” card
Applesauce - Plain Dried Fruit or Vegetables (1/2 Cup in Pint Jar) Fruit Butter - soft spread Fruit - Not Spiced Fruit - Any Spiced Jam, any variety Jelly, any variety Preserves Pickled - Mixed Vegetables Pickled Okra Pickled - Single vegetables (no okra) Pickles, Bread and Butter Pickles - Cucumber - Dill Pickles - Cucumber - Sweet Relish - Chow or Piccalilli Relish - Other Salsa Soup Mixture - Minimum of 5 Vegetables Tomato Juice (No Color Added) Tomatoes Vegetables - Green Beans Vegetable - Other
SECTION 506 FINE ART Art work must be framed, and must have SECURE WIRE HANGER on the back (NO SAWTOOTH) unless noted otherwise. The front surface of artwork shall not exceed 20” x 24”. Width of frame not to exceed 4”. Depth of gallery wrap not to exceed 1 3/8”. ►Class Number Miniatures 188. 5”x7” or smaller - any media, any subject (does not have to be framed) Special Artwork 189. Drawing or Painting – matted, unframed canvas or mat board. 11”x14” or smaller - any media, any subject (does not have to be framed) Any Media 190. Abstract Oil or Acrylic 191. Animals, Birds, Fish, Insects 192. Figure or Portrait 193. Floral or Still Life 194. Landscape or Seascape 195. Other Pastel, Charcoal, Pen/Ink, Colored Pencil, or Pencil Art 196. Animals, Birds, Fish, Insects 197. Figure or Portrait 198. Floral or Still Life 199. Landscape or Seascape 200. Other Watercolor, Transparent or Opaque 201. Animals, Birds, Fish, Insects 202. Figure or Portrait 203. Floral or Still Life 204. Landscape or Seascape 205. Other
SECTION 505 FABRIC ART The objective of this section is that the exhibits be made predominately from fabric yardage. Attach entry tag with small safety pin to lower right corner of the exhibit. All items must be completely handmade by the exhibitor, unless otherwise specified in the class guidelines. No Framed Items ►Class Number 162. Doll - All Fabric - No Preformed 163. Fabric Carrier (Garment Bag, Casserole Carrier, etc.) 164. Household Accessory - Flat Item (1), not commercially made, completed item should be predominately fabric 165. Household Accessory - Other, not commercially made, completed item should be predominately fabric 166. Pillow 167. Pillow - Decorative 168. Potholder 169. Quilt - Block Only - Other 170. Quilt - Block Only - Pieced 171. Quilt - Crib, Doll, Lap, Miniature 172. Quilt - Group Effort - include Story on 3” x 5” card 173. Quilt - Knit Fabric Only 174. Quilt - Mixed Techniques - 2 or more 175. Quilt - Other - Hand Quilted 176. Quilt - Other - Machine Quilted 177. Quilt - Pieced - Hand Quilted 178. Quilt - Pieced - Machine Quilted 179. Quilt - Preprinted Panel 180. Quilt - Tacked 181. Receiving blanket, Not Pieced or Quilted 182. Recycled Item - Using scrap fabric, include Story on 3” X 5” card 183. Stuffed Animal, Toy or Puppet, all fabric 184. Wall Hanging - Fabric - 18” or less, Ready to Hang 185. Wall Hanging - Fabric - over 18”, Ready to Hang
SECTION 507 HOLIDAY CORNER (No Clothing)
►Class Number Christmas Items Only 206. Christmas Item - Fabric and/or Felt Only 207. Christmas Item - Knitted or Crocheted 208. Christmas Item - Other Materials 209. Christmas Item - Plastic Canvas 210. Christmas Item - Recycled 211. Christmas Item - Wood 212. Christmas Stocking 213. Christmas Tree Ornament - Fabric and Needlework 214. Christmas Tree Ornament - Lace Making Technique 215. Christmas Tree Ornament - Plastic Canvas 216. Christmas Tree Ornament - Wood 217. Christmas Tree Ornament - Other Than Listed Classes 218. Christmas Tree Skirt Other Holiday Items (No Christmas Items) 219. Holiday Item - Fabric and/or Felt Only 220. Holiday Item - Knitted or Crocheted -6-
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016 Sunflowers 257. Flower Type - Fresh 258. Single - Large Head - Dried Tomatoes 259. Cherry (6) - Less than 1-1/2” in diameter 260. Grape (6) - Less than 1-1/2” length 261. Roma (3) 262. Slicers (3) Vegetables 263. Okra (5) Vine Produce 264. Any Item Yard Art 265. Any small handmade item 266. Decorated Gourd 267. Recycled Item
221. Holiday Item - Other Materials 222. Holiday Item - Plastic Canvas 223. Holiday Item - Recycled Any Holiday Item (Including Christmas) 224. Christmas Tree - Tabletop - Handmade, 24” and under 225. Holiday Basket - Handmade only 226. Holiday Beaded Work 227. Holiday Card - Handmade only 228. Holiday Linens SECTION 508 HORTICULTURE All vegetables and fruits are to be home grown and must be on a paper plate, unless Garden Basket. Honey must be in Classic Queenline or 1 lb. honey jars.
SECTION 509 NEEDLEWORK
►Class Number Cucumbers 229. Gherkin Variety (5) 230. Pickling or Slicing Variety (3) Fruit 231. Bush or Vine 232. Tree
Entry must include a needlework technique. Technique may include crochet, knitting, tatting, or bobbin lace. No framed Items. Attach entry tags with small safety pin to lower right corner of exhibit. Place entry tag on garments on the left shoulder. ►Class Number 268. Afghans - Hand Crocheted or Hand Knitted - Over 60” Long 269. Afghans - Hand Crocheted or Hand Knitted - 60” Long or less 270. Counted Cross Stitch - Any item 271. Doll - Other Than Fabric 272. Embroidery - Hand, pillowcase (1 item) 273. Embroidery - Hand, single layer flatwork 274. Embroidery - Hand, dimensional (Other than flatwork) 275. Embroidery - Machine 276. Flatwork - No embroidery - Over 12” 277. Flatwork - No embroidery - 12” or Less 278. Garment - Accessory - (Collar, Gloves, etc.) 279. Garment - Crocheted - Baby 280. Garment - Hand Knitted - Adult 281. Garment - Hand Knitted - Baby 282. Garment - Shawl, Poncho, Cocoon - Any Technique 283. Hats And Bags - Any Technique 284. Household Item - Any Technique, No linens or potholders 285. Machine Knitted - Any Item 286. Needlepoint - Cloth Canvas 287. Needlepoint - Plastic Canvas - 8” x 8” And Under 288. Needlepoint - Plastic Canvas - Over 8” x 8” 289. Pillow - Any Technique - (Includes Latch Hook) 290. Potholder - Decorative - No fabric 291. Potholder - Functional - Crocheted 292. Potholder - Functional - Knitted 293. Recycled Item - Old Into New, include Story on 3” x 5” Card 294. Rug - Any Handmade 295. Scarf - Hand Crocheted
Garden Basket 233. Garden Food Basket, 5 - 9 different fruits and/or vegetables Garden (Home Grown) 234. Cut Flowers, Mixed Bouquet 235. Cut Flowers, Single Honey - 1 lb. classic honey jar 236. Honey, Dark 237. Honey, Light Onions 238. Red (3) 239. White (3) 240. Yellow (3) Peppers 241. Hot - Jalapeno, Habenero, etc. (3) 242. Sweet Banana (3) 243. Sweet Bell (3) Potatoes 244. Red (3) 245. White (3) Potted Plants 246. Desert 247. Dish Garden (container 4” tall or under) 248. Foliage Plant 249. Flowering 250. Hanging Basket 251. Herbs 252. Terrarium 253. Tropical Squash 254. Summer - Yellow (2) 255. Summer - Zucchini (2) 256. Winter - Butternut (2) -7-
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016 Alterations are beyond common photography techniques of red eye removal, cropping and enlarging. Exhibits include a print of the original photograph, labeled “Original Photo” and the digitally altered image labeled “Enhanced Photo”. 335. Animals - Baby Animals Only 336. Animals - Domestic - Non-fowl 337. Animals - Wild - Non-fowl 338. Buildings or Churches 339. Cemeteries 340. Fowl 341. People - Any age 342. Plant Life - Single - Close Up 343. Plant Life 344. Restored Photo - Copy of original allowed 345. Scenic - Waterscape 346. Scenic - Landscape 347. Weather Related
296. Scarf - Hand Knitted 297. Stuffed Animal Or Toy - Crocheted, Knitted or Plastic Canvas 298. Tatting SECTION 510 PHOTOGRAPHY No Frames. No Titles. All prints must be securely attached to a mat board or matted. Photos must be printed on photo paper. No Poster or Foam Board. Exhibitor must take photographs. No laser or Xerox prints. Maximum size for photo is 4” x 6”. Maximum size of mat is 5” x 7”. Photos that do not meet size requirement will be disqualified. Photographs are in color unless designated. Red eye removal is allowed. ►Class Number 299. Animals - Baby Animals Only 300. Animals - Domestic - Small - Non-fowl 301. Animals - Domestic - Large - Non-fowl 302. Animals - Wild 303. Any Holiday 304. Architectural/Sculpture - No Building 305. Buildings - Family Residence - New or Old 306. Buildings - Modern 307. Buildings - Old 308. Cemeteries - Color or Black and White 309. Churches 310. Comedy - Any 311. Fish - Insects 312. Fowl 313. Foodies 314. Landmark - Any Oklahoma 315. Patriotic Theme - Flag, Military, etc. 316. People - Babies 317. People - Children, under 18 years old 318. People - Adults 319. Plant Life - Floral 320. Plant Life - Floral - Single - Close-up 321. Plant Life - Trees 322. Plant Life - Vegetable, Fruit, Nuts 323. Scenic - Waterscape 324. Scenic - Landscape 325. Selfies 326. Signs, Billboards 327. Sunrise, Sunset or Lunar 328. Tabletop - Still Life - Set-up 329. Transportation 330. What is it? - Close-up/Perspective/Angles 331. Weather Related
Enlarged/Other 348. Best Photo - 8” X 10” photo, 10” X 12” mat 349. Story Board - 3-4 photos telling a story, maximum size mat is 14” X 14” SECTION 511 GROUP AWARDS Group awards are presented to Tulsa County OHCE Group. a. Eligible groups must have: • Minimum of 3 members, and • Meet on a regular basis. b. Based on total number of exhibits entered by an eligible group (1 point per exhibit) divided by the number of members in that group. c. Each member’s paperwork must be completed and turned in to Open Class Information desk on the day of entry for points to be counted toward the Group Award. d. 25 additional points are added for a group education table. • Group Name and Information • Community Service Projects • OHCE Leader Lessons • Visual appeal, clarity and use of OHCE logo is recommended. e. Premiums to be paid 1st thru 5th place: 1st - $25 2nd - $20 3rd - $15 4th – $10 5th - $5
Black & White Photography 332. Animals - any 333. Buildings - any 334. People - any age Digitally Enhanced, Altered, or Modified Picture All prints must be securely attached to a mat board or matted. Maximum size photo is 5” x 7”. Maximum size of mat is 12” x 14”. Photos must be printed on photo paper. -8-
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016
Oklahoma Home & Community Education Our mission is to encourage individuals to live up to his/her potential and to encourage participation in all phases of home and community life. Home Is Our Foundation Community Is Our Outreach Education is Our Means Interested in joining OHCE? Contact Tulsa County OSU Extension Office at 918-746-3706.
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016
OHCE Gift Shop BARGAIN CORNER Gently used items
KITCHEN Baked goods Jams/Jellies Dish cloths Towels Scrubbies Aprons
CHILDRENS CORNER Small toys Bibs Burp cloths Blankets
PLANTS Flowers Herbs Ivys/plants
CHRISTMAS Ornaments Table runners Wreaths Decorations
MISCELLANIOUS Books Household items
FROM THE GARDEN Home grown for you
SILENT AUCTION Gift baskets
Money raised at the OHCE Gift Shop goes to support Scholarships and Community Services projects.
OHCE Membership Tea and Scholarship Presentation Thursday, July 21 at 3:00 p.m.
- 10 -
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016
BOOK REVIEW BY TULSA AUTHOR AND OHCE MEMBER MARY COLEY
When: Thursday, July 21st at 3:00 pm Where: The Tulsa County Fair-Exchange Center at Expo Square Join the Tulsa County OHCE Members for a book review, by author Mary Coley, from her Mystery Series! Also, we will present Scholarship Awards, Member Recognition and talk about what is new and exciting with Tulsa County OHCE!
Enjoy some light refreshments at our Membership Tea and learn more about OHCE!
- 11 -
Tulsa County Free Fair 2016
- 12 -