WE KNOW AFRICA As America’s longest established travel company focused exclusively on Africa and a Top 10 safari outfitter voted by Travel + Leisure readers, we are dedicated to providing you with the ultimate safari experience. When you hear us say “We Know Africa,” you can depend on us to craft the right African experience for your group.
ROOTS IN AFRICA
LOCAL HERE & THERE
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER
Part of The Travel Corporation (TTC), which started in South Africa.
With passionate experts based in North America to help with planning and local guides hosting in Africa.
With our stringent hygiene protocols, 24/7 concierge, and local hosts to assist.
Every safari supports wildlife and local communities, so each trip has a positive impact.
MEANINGFUL MOMENTS Each of the group journeys are filled with immersive experiences with the locals and wildlife.
CUSTOM TRAVEL We tailor-make every group itinerary to desired budget and interests.
WELL-BEING IS OUR TOP PRIORITY African Travel’s commitment to our guest’s well-being is a top priority. Every detail is taken care of, providing a safe, worry-free experience. You can plan confidently knowing African Travel is part of The Travel Corporation, a financially healthy, family-run company that has been around for 101 years!
AWARD WINNING SERVICE We guarantee exceptional service every step of the journey.
ANOTHER INCREDIBLE DAY IN AFRICA Africa holds wonderfully diverse wildlife, open landscapes, and rich culture. Whether you are looking for fun for the whole family or an eye-opening adventure together, a group safari will deliver a lifetime of memories.
Find the right Africa for your group. View what you can expect on safari.
BESPOKE SAFARIS & SERVICE DEDICATED SPECIALISTS Our experienced group specialists have lived and traveled extensively throughout Africa. You will have a dedicated team to help plan every step of the journey.
CHOICE OF ACCOMMODATIONS
From international hotels with sweeping views and access to private lodges and luxurious mobile camps, our Safari Specialists reserve the finest accommodations based on your travel style and budget.
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS Africa is a perfect destination for bird-watchers, zoo groups, photography enthusiasts, or conservation groups.
ONE-STOP-SHOP We provide all the arrangements for your groups to Africa — accommodations, most meals, sightseeing, meet and greet, transfers, as well as international and internal air reservations and tickets.
TRAVEL CONFIDENTLY LOCAL HERE AND IN AFRICA With local offices in Africa and our headquarters in the United States, we understand the latest protocols and requirements. We take care of every detail. Our 24/7 Concierge service and local hosts provide additional assistance during the journey.
Our guests' well-being is our top priority. African Travel has stringent well-being protocols and have added extra measures to meet the new needs of travel now.
PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT Every guest's trip is different, and any changes will be unique to you. From the start, we ensure you protect your investment with travel protection. If an issue arises, will help you re-book to a later date if needed or arrange a future travel credit that can be used with African Travel or our TTC Family of Brands.
DID YOU KNOW? Ten paying guests traveling together is considered a group, resulting in excellent cost savings. Larger groups also unlock more savings including free nights and complimentary tours for the host.
FOLLOW US @AfricanTravelInc
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER®
Our Mission: Help People, Wildlife and the Planet
At African Travel our mission is clear: to have a positive impact on the people and communities we visit, to help protect wild and marine life, and to care for the planet we call home. With our #AfricanTravelCares, we work with those that focus on conservation and protect the places we visit to ensure that every trip gives back to local people, wildlife, and the planet.
HOW WE TREAD RIGHT Through our partnership with the TreadRight Foundation, the not-for-profit created by TTC, we have a 5-year strategy, How We Tread Right (HWTR), that addresses our collective impact through 11 goals tied to the UN Global Goals.
GUIDING YOU TO EXPERIENCES THAT MATTER We are here to guide you to the best ethically responsible and engaging experiences. This includes curating trips with some of our MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® experiences. Meeting at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Global goals, our 40+ sustainable experiences are carefully vetted and assessed against robust criteria.
HELPING PROTECT WILDLIFE You will see first hand how lodges, camps and communities are living in harmony with the wildlife. Beyond the powerful knowledge shared by their rangers, guests will get to participate whether visiting orphaned elephants at the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, meeting the caregivers at Shamwari's Private Game Reserve, or helping with rhino and lion tracking projects.
CONNECTING WITH PEOPLE We take you beyond the often-visited tourist spots, allowing a greater impact of tourist dollars where they do not often reach.
You may have cultural interactions with the Mammas or the Maasai of Olosokwan in Kenya or participate in a Uthando community project in Cape Town.
LEAVING A BETTER FOOTPRINT FOR THE PLANET To transition to a low-carbon future, TTC has a 5-point Climate Action Plan which includes offsetting our offices and business travel. We have started partnerships with two developing carbon removal projects, Project Vesta and GreenWave. Our goals is to be carbon neutral by 2030, or sooner.
Southern African JOURNEYS We have the industry’s largest tourism infrastructure in Southern Africa and an enviable position of influence and negotiating power. This is reflected in the unique journeys we create across Africa. Whether looking for culinary, city, cultural or wildlife encounters the southern part of Africa offers a diversity of options and experiences.
11 Days | SOUTHERN AFRICAN HIGHLIGHTS 4 nights Cape Town TABLE BAY HOTEL 3 nights Kapama Private Game Reserve KAPAMA SOUTHERN CAMP 1 night Johannesburg DAVINCI HOTEL AND SUITES 2 nights Victoria Falls VICTORIA FALLS SAFARI LODGE or VICTORIA FALLS SAFARI CLUB INTRA-AFRICA AIR INCLUDED
DISCOVER the majesty of Victoria Falls followed by a sunset cruise on the mighty Zambezi River
• Wind your way from Table Mountain to the Cape of Good Hope on a guided exploration of coastal wonders • Enjoy Africa’s Eden with twice daily game drives in the Kapama Game Reserve • Indulge in a safari tradition, the ‘sundowner’, better known as the African bush happy hour • Explore exciting Johannesburg • Relax on a sunset Zambezi River cruise • Grab a front row seat overlooking the waterhole at the award winning Makuwa-Kuwa Restaurant • At The Boma, delight in a traditional African feast and stories
EXPERIENCE the thrill of spotting the Big Five during your game drives in the Kapama Private Reserve
This adventure is one of our most popular safaris, it is perfect for travelers who want bucket list highlights of Africa, including Cape Town, a Big 5 safari, and Victoria Falls.
10 Days | SOUTH AFRICA AT LEISURE 5 nights Cape Town THE TAJ CAPE TOWN 4 nights Shamwari Private Game Reserve LONG LEE MANOR
A DONATION OF $100 PER COUPLE IS MADE TOWARDS RHINO CONSERVATION
INTRA-AFRICA AIR INCLUDED
ENJOY prolific game sightings including some of the Big 5 at a malaria-free private reserve
• Journey along ‘The Fairest Cape’, to the Cape of Good Hope, meeting the lively penguins along the way • View the city from above at the top of the Table Mountain then descend to visit the Bo-Kaap area • Take a ferry to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned • Enjoy a magical evening with a Djembe drumming session and embark on a taste of safari at GOLD Restaurant • Enjoy the newly refurbished Long Lee Manor and spot wildlife at the nearby watering hole • Visit the Born Free Big Cat Sanctuaries or The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre EXPERIENCE nearby Winelands on a private tour drinking in the scenery and wine
Like South Africa’s diversity, this trip can be tailored for any travel style and is perfect for wildlife enthusiasts, special occasions, and groups traveling with families and friends.
9 Days | IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MANDELA
4 nights Cape Town TABLE BAY HOTEL 2 nights Kapama Private Game Reserve KAPAMA SOUTHERN CAMP 1 night Johannesburg DA VINCI HOTEL AND SUITES
INTRA-AFRICA AIR INCLUDED
ENJOY a magical evening with a Djembe drumming session and embark on a taste of Africa at GOLD Restaurant
• Go on a guided half-day Uthando Philanthropy tour to visit diverse community projects and learn about their work • View the city from above at the top of the Table Mountain then descend to visit the nearby Winelands • Learn about South Africa’s history of Liliesleaf Museum, one of South Africa’s foremost national heritage sites • Travel along the heroic footpaths of the freedom fighters and experience Soweto through their eyes on a full day Road to Democracy tour
DISCOVER Robben Island on a guided tour with Christo Brand, Nelson Mandela’s prison guard and friend
For culture lovers or heritage travel, this journey is a fascinating look at Nelson Mandela’s South Africa. Africa is brought to life through a collection of soulful encounters and an epic safari.
KENYA Wildlife Safari If you are looking for that Out of Africa experience, you will find it on this adventure packed journey in Nairobi, Samburu National Park and the Maasai Mara. Explore some of the most prolific game viewing areas in all of Africa and see wildlife found only north of Africa’s equator.
11 Days | KENYA WILDLIFE SAFARI
2 nights Nairobi NAIROBI SAROVA STANLEY HOTEL 2 nights Samburu National Park SAROVA SHABA GAME LODGE 1 night Lake Nakuru SAROVA LION HILL GAME LODGE 3 nights Maasai Mara SAROVA MARA GAME LODGE
ENJOY an unforgettable breakfast in the bush with the Maasai and spot the ‘Samburu 5’ wildlife
• Tour Nairobi’s Karen Blixen Museum and the Giraffe Center, home to the endangered Rothschild Giraffe • Enjoy the view over the Ewaso Nyiro River, a lifeline for the local people and watch for elephant, lion and even the elusive leopard • View the famous flamingos at Lake Nakuru, and then search for Colobus monkey, black and white rhino, and more on a game drive • On game drives explore the backdrop to the “greatest migration on earth”. • Enjoy an exotic dining experience with colorful Maasai dancers and cultural performances
DISCOVER the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and its pioneering orphans’ project.
Our Director of Sales, Kevan Cowie, recently traveled to Kenya and his highlight was the warm welcome at lodges and camps during game drives, breakfasts in the bush, and elegant sundowners. READ MORE
TANZANIA Explorer Are you dreaming of the vast plains of the Serengeti and the world-renowned Ngorongoro Crater? Then a visit to Tanzania needs to be at the top of the list.
11 Days | TANZANIA EXPLORER 1 night Arusha ARUSHA SERENA HOTEL RESORT & SPA 2 nights Tarangire National Park TARANGIRE SOPA LODGE 2 nights Lake Manyara LAKE MANYARA SERENA SAFARI LODGE 3 nights Serengeti National Park SERENGETI SERENA SAFARI LODGE 2 nights Ngorongoro Conservation Area NGORONGORO SERENA SAFARI LODGE
DISCOVER Ngorongoro Crater, one of the Natural Wonders of the World, home to both predator and prey
• Explore Tarangire National Park, home to gigantic baobab trees and one of the greatest concentrations of elephants • Discover UNESCO’s Serengeti National Park, renowned for the greatest wildlife spectacle on earth, the great migration • Descend into the Ngorongoro Crater, hailed as the ‘eighth wonder of the world’, for game viewing and a picnic lunch • Visit a local Maasai village to observe the tribe’s way of life • Relax in luxurious safari lodges • Enjoy day and night game drives, and incredible walking safaris ENJOY Lake Manyara National Park home to leopards, lions, cheetahs, flamingos and nearly 400 bird species
Are you interested in the Great Migration? There are several times of year this happens as the migration is cyclical. We also love the green season when babies arrive and the plains are lush.
ENDLESS IDEAS Beyond the itineraries featured, we can create any dream journey using our unique experiences and one or more of the 16 countries we visit. We can tailor-make a water and land safari in Botswana, group gorilla treks in Rwanda and Uganda, and please everyone with beach and bush options filled with tropical bliss in Zanzibar or Mozambique.
NO GROUP IS TOO BIG
We cater to any size group and have hosted small conferences and big family affairs. While many camps and lodges are limited by their smaller size, we are quite creative in how we place guests between lodges in private reserves. Each safari will always be intimate and unique.
AND NO GROUP IS TOO SMALL We can also assist with travel arrangements for groups of less than 10 travelers. You can a small group of like-minded travelers on one of our Safari Vacation Packages.
SAFARI VACATION PACKAGES Our locally-hosted set departures are truly intimate, traveling in small groups of no more than 12. All departures are guaranteed with a minimum of four guests.
ADDITIONAL SAFARI INFORMATION South Africa
Kenya & Tanzania INCLUSIONS
• Intra-Africa airfare as stipulated in the itinerary • Accommodation as stipulated in the itinerary • Transportation in luxury air-conditioned vehicles • Game drives in open-sided vehicles as specified in the itinerary • Meet & greet services and arrival and departure transfers • Meals as indicated in the itinerary
• Intra-Africa airfare as stipulated in the Kenya itineraries plus air taxes and fuel surcharges • Accommodation as stipulated in the itinerary • Transfers and game drives includes Englishspeaking driver/guide(s). Guaranteed window seat in a maximum 7-passenger vehicle. • All park fees and government taxes and levies • Meet & greet services and arrival and departure transfers • Meals as indicated in the itinerary
• International airfares, air taxes and fuel surcharges • All items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, phone calls, etc. • Gratuities/tips for hotel & lodge staff, game rangers, tour guides & drivers • All services not included in the itinerary • Costs of obtaining passports and/or Visas • Travel protection
• International airfares, air taxes and fuel surcharges • All items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, phone calls, etc. • Gratuities/tips for hotel and lodge staff, game rangers, tour guides and drivers • All services not included in the itinerary • Costs of obtaining passports and/or Visas • Travel protection
LIVE THE AFRICAN DREAM Plan Your Group Safari Today
Contact your favorite travel advisor to book your African adventure