• Development of a regional business incubator network investing over $3 million in the construction of the Oxford Enterprise Center: 77,000 total square feet including completion of 1,800 square feet of wet lab space in 2010. • Recruitment of the North Mississippi Veteran’s Home; $8 million investment and over 125 jobs. • Ranked the fastest growing county in Mississippi from 2010-2014 at 13.45 percent. • 27,330 people employed in the civilian labor force with 3.4 percent unemployment (April 2017) – among the lowest in the state. • Facilitation of the purchase and development of property and construction of two speculative buildings in the Lafayette County Industrial Park.
•R anked No. 15 in 2012 by Forbes magazine as one of “America’s Fastest-Growing Small Towns.” • Ranked No. 20 in 2012 by Smithsonian magazine as one of the “20 Best Small Towns in America.” • Featured on NBC Nightly News as a retirement destination for active retirees seeking all of the benefits of university communities. • Oxford named by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine as the No. 1 Smartest Place to Retire.
EDF MEMBER BENEFITS EDF offers a tiered membership structure enabling member businesses to invest at a level of their choosing that provides them with various marketing options to promote their business and offer support for business development in Oxford-Lafayette County.
• Facilitation of the purchase of Blauer’s SWM facility from the Lafayette County Board of Supervisors in the Lafayette County Industrial Park. • Commitment to a working partnership with state and area business development entities to assist in attracting major business and industry investment to North Mississippi; such as Toyota in Blue Springs, MS and GE Aviation in Batesville, Mississippi.
Membership at all levels includes the following benefits: • Listing on EDF membership materials at all EDF-sponsored events with acknowledgement of your membership level. • EDF membership plaque and decal.
• Provided industry expansion assistance in 2013-2014 to FNC, Inc., Blauer/SWM and Next Gear Solutions, which provided in excess of 450 jobs.
• Invitations to special events with local, state and federally elected officials such as EDF’s “First-To-Know” quarterly breakfasts and Annual EDF Business and Industry Appreciation Golf Classic.
• Recruitment of over 1,335 retiree households bringing assets of over $400 million and over $44 million annually in discretionary income; with a total economic impact of over $66 million annually.
• Listing on EDF website (www.oxfordms.com) with acknowledgement of your membership level and a link to your organization’s website.
• Completion of two award-winning marketing videos (2002 and 2010) highlighting Oxford-Lafayette County’s community assets and quality of life.
• Complimentary access to the Chamber/EDF conference room for use by your organization up to four times a year.
• Growing national recognition for Oxford’s quality of life, and designations by numerous business and retirement news publications and media, such as: Smartbrief.com, The Wall Street Journal, Where To Retire, Kiplinger’s, Forbes, Smithsonian and Money magazines; ABC, CNBC, MSNBC and Fox Business News, as one of the nation’s top retirement destinations. • Named the No. 2 college town in America by liveability.com in 2013. • Ranked in the top 6 “Best College Towns to Retire in” by Grandparents.com in 2013. • Ranked No. 17 out of 536 Micropolitan areas for 2015 by Policom Economic Strength Rankings.
Your Local Office Supply
• Highlighted listing in the annual community guide and membership directory as an EDF member – distributed to 6,000 members, businesses, hotel guests, visitors and new residents annually. • Inclusion in annual paid advertisements highlighting EDF members in special editions of The Oxford Eagle, Mississippi Business Journal and Delta Business Journal for business and industry appreciation. • Weekly e-newsletter highlighting EDF/Chamber events and activities; membership highlights on EDF’s social media sites. • Access to resource materials including maps, demographic data, business/industry lists, SBA publications, etc. w
Celebrating 35 Years
Free Delivery and Friendly Service Access to over 28,000 items of supplies and furniture overnight at no extra charge.
1714 University Avenue, Suite B, Oxford, MS 662-234-0062 662-234-9148 www.pitneroffice.com 18 | www.oxfordms.com
MSOXFCW17 design.indd 18
8/4/2017 11:16:52 AM