- Line - The product being advertised is EOS woman’s shaving cream.
_X__Create a mood
___Organize other elements on the page
_X__Create texture through illustration - Line in this case creates a dreamy, majestic, sensational sort of mood by making neat, and smooth swirls in the line.Line creates texture through illustration by making it look smooth, swift and shiny. - The designers used line to make the product appear useful and that it works. I believe line was utilized this way so that woman could trust a brand shaving cream without worrying about getting cut and that every stroke of the razor glides smooth and with no pull.
- The designer’s intent was to sell a product that won’t leave any red marks or hurt when shaving, like I said, a product you can trust. Thus “Make Your Skin Smile.” (said within the advertisement) - Being a male, the impact of the product had no impact on me personally. If I was a female though, the impact would of encouraged me to buy it. The picture of the perfectly smooth bald leg and the fact that it says “Makes Your Skin Smile” would give me the urge to spend that little extra money for the product rather than a cheaper brand.
The use of line made me (if I were a female) to feel calm when using the product. My response would be to consider purchasing it because of how it “Makes Your Skin Smile” and that it has “24 hours of moisture in every shave.” - The effectiveness of the use of line in this design shows by the way Line was pursued when designing it. The thin lines branching off into shorter lines and adding a sort of rain drop apparel at the end of each Line suits the advertisement well when stating that it’s moisturizing. - I think the use of line does work well. Reasons being are because the line is being used to advertise shaving cream, with that you can make any perfect example of line. Because of the quote and that description of the product, it helps describe how natural, reliable and trustworthy the product is - The primary audience for the advertisement would be women. It’s women’s shaving cream so it’s a no brainer who the primary audience is. (Unless you’re a VERY feministic male.)
_X__Shape is helping the viewer understand the concept
_X__Shape is leading the viewer’s eye through the design - Shape is helping the viewer understand the concept by presenting an Apple, and an Orange. Typically saying not to compare our product apples to oranges (The Apple being greater). Meaning our product is the most trustworthy and incomparable to other products. - Shape is leading the viewer’s eye through the design by displaying the apple, it’s shiny and the person holding it is smiling. The orange on the other hand is dull, not fully grown and the man holding it has a blank face. - The designer used shape to basically say that the product is incomparable, and that nothing could compete with it. I believe shape was utilized this way because the product being advertised is solar panels, you need to rely on them so that you can provide energy for something and by saying that the product in incomparable through shape in this case is a good technique for advertising. - The designer’s intent was to sell a product that’s reliable, incomparable and that you can trust. By using the whole “Apples to Oranges” technique I feel that the designer’s intent was well constructed and has a very unique concept for advertising. I believe what the designers was hoping to achieve was getting the audience to feel that the Apple is better than the orange and the both should not be compared. - The use of shape made the audience (me) feels that their product is the best. In the description it says “Real world tests have shown that aleo’s premium modules perform better than other branded modules.” - The effectiveness of the use of the use of shape in this design is how much better looking the Apple was compared to the Orange. The Apple looking a lot larger and more appealing other than the Orange that looks boring and not something you would want. Do you think it works well, and why? - I think it works well because the audience want’s a solar panel that’s reliable and no matter what the situation is it will provide energy. - The primary audience of the advertisement would be anyone that uses solar energy or anyone that has a big yard and would like to invest in a solar panel.
Texture What is the name of the company, organization or individual utilizing this website? - The name of the company is “Blizzard Entertainment”. http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/
• TEXTURE is being used in the design to: (Check all that apply)
X Create a particular mood or feeling
___Fill individual shapes or areas
X Reinforce or support the concept of the design
• Please thoroughly explain your answer to the question above and analyze/describe how this advertisement or website uses TEXTURE.
Carefully address each answer you have chosen from the above checklist. - This website creates a feeling of realism, creativity and power. For example, if you look at the artwork, you’ll notice how visually and remarkably serious the texture tremendously is. Texture supports the concept of the design by showing every little detail of whatever the design is. For example, if you look at some of the artwork you can see all the different shades apart of that design. - The designer used texture to show how realistic the graphics are within the gameplay. I believe texture was utilized this way because we are living in the year 2012, video gaming graphics have improved over the years and I believe the designer was trying to show the graphics maximum capability within the design. - The designer’s intent was to create designs that look and feel animated. For example, in one of the designs you can see sweat forming out of the pours of the man’s face along with his hair dangling as it looms over part of his face. I think the designer was hoping to achieve visual perfection when designing for “Blizzard Entertainment”. - The impact that the use of texture had on the audience is that it encourages people to buy the latest Blizzard Entertainment games because of its up to date graphics. It could even convince the audience to buy the software required to even run these video games because of how unique and enhanced the graphics are. - The use of texture made the audience feel that these games are epic, visually amusing and always progressing with computer/video gaming technology. The audiences’ response to this use of texture would be to absolutely be amazed at the quality of the use of texture in these designs. •
Please describe the effectiveness of the use of TEXTURE in this design.
The effectiveness of the use of texture in this design is primarily and visually stunning. I think it works well. It attracts the audience with its bold and surreal artwork and design. • Who is the primary audience of the advertisement or website? - The primary audience for this website would be gamers or anyone that’s loyal to Blizzard Entertainment’s video games.
- - - The individual utilizing this website is Danielle Olson. - X Provide consistency
X Unify the design with consistent elements (grouped/repeating elements)
X Lead the viewer’s eye through the design
Carefully address each answer that you have chosen from the checklist above. - Unity provides consistency here by the display of the illustrations. Each illustration is drawn at a different size yet still forming a perfect square. - Unity provides consistent elements by displaying the illustration with rhythm. For example, if you analyze the “Mud Box” illustrations from left to right you’ll notice that it’s the same illustration, just drawn at different angles thus creating rhythm and consistent elements. - Unity leads the viewer’s eyes through not only rhythm and consistency but texture as well. You can see all different shades and lighting of each illustration thus making it more appealing to the viewer. - The designer used unity to show the viewer how unique and realistic the illustrations are. The “Mud Box” illustrations show what a human head primarily looks like. I believe unity was utilized this way because the designer wanted to make something creative for the viewer. - The designer’s intent was to give a general idea to anyone that’s interested in making a website using unity and rhythm. I think the designer was hoping to achieve how a website usually looks like when using unity. - The impact that the use of unity had on the audience was that it showed unity in every possible way within the illustrations. - The use of unity made the audience feel amazed. The audiences’ response to this use of unity as the predominant element of design would be to consider using these if they were to ever make a website with unity. - Yes I do. The effectiveness of the use of unity in this design mostly shines on the fact that the use of unity in this design also includes other concepts of design such as rhythm and texture. -The primary audience of the website would be anyone interested in designing a website with unity or just tips to consider when designing something with unity.
- The name of the individual utilizing this website is screen named “JordanNennaArt” http://browse.devian-
tart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=Value#/d1t8p2r • VALUE is being used in the design in the following way(s): (Check all that apply)
X Creates a mood or feeling X
___Creates movement and direction
- Value creates a mood or feeling through the illustration. The fact that it’s mostly shady with little light gives it that feeling of mystery, suspense, and fear. - Value creates contrast through the illustration as well, passed the gate it seems it get a lot more lighter whereas behind the gate it almost pitch black. - The designer used value to show the viewer the dark side and light side to things or situations. I believe value was utilized in this way because I think the designer wanted this illustration to be a symbol resembling life. - The designer’s intent was to make a work of art and beauty. By using value in this way, I think the designer was hoping to achieve an expansion on his or her art capability. - The impact that value had on the audience is that it shows a perfect example when using value in an illustration. The whole illustration is pretty much made up of value, and a little bit of texture. - The use of value made the audience feel that the designer really put his or her heart when designing this illustration, maybe reflecting on his or her life. The audiences’ response to the use of value would be to appreciate it for what it is.
The effectiveness of the use of value in this design shows within the different shadings and lightings within the illustrations. I think it works well because the setting of the illustration takes place in a forest, forests are usually dark and the character in the illustration is facing a gate with light on the other side. - The primary audience of the website is people who are interested in works of art.
- The name of the company utilizing this website is “Pomodoro’s Pizza” http://www.pomodorospizza. net/ •
Creates a mood or feeling
___Creates visual tension and movement
___Provides structure and forms a grid in a design
___Provides a sense of order
Provides unity and balance
- Color in this website creates a mood or feeling by the choice of colors they used in the website. A dark red giving you a relaxed feeling along with a sage green. - Color provides unity and balance through the way the menu is displayed, displaying each pizza, toppings and side’s one top of the other. - Color creates harmony through the color selections, which are red and green. A good match up. - The designer used color to make the website come to life so to speak, who would be interested in pizza if all they used was a gray in the website? I believe color was utilized this way so that the viewer or potential costumer could get a pizza crave. - The designer’s intent was to create a website that will attract potential customers to look at all the different selections off the menu. I think the designer was hoping to achieve some sort of gratification when designing this website. - Impact that color had on the audience is that it creates rustic environment to Italy. - The use of color made the audience feel calm and relaxed. The audiences’ response to this would to maybe consider trying any of the products being sold. -
The effectiveness of the use of color in the design is that darkness of the color. I do not feel that the use of color in this design was done well. I think that the company should of went with a more sharper/brighter color red and green to make the audience feel warm like the pizza.
The primary audience for this website is anyone that would be interested in pizza.
- The product or service being advertised is a television show premiere named “Guys With Kids.”
___To create a mood. X Symmetrical balance is reinforcing the message—such as; serious, conservative, sophisticated, stable, elegant, etc. ___Asymmetrical balance is reinforcing the message—such as; relaxed, informal, freeform, creative, etc.
___To create visual tension by being obviously unbalanced.
Carefully address each answer that you have chosen from the checklist above. - Symmetrical balance is reinforcing the message by making the advertisement look sophisticated, elegant and stable. From top to bottom everything seems to be even and symmetrical with one another. - The designer used balance to represent the number of main characters in the television show. There are 3 characters, (6 counting the children) within the advertisement. The shorter pudgier looking one is in the middle while the other two who are taller and much skinnier, are on his right and left right beside him, thus creating symmetrical balance. I believe balance was utilized this way so that the designer could point out or present who will be on the show. - The designer’s intent was to design this advertisement to look humorous and family orientated. For example, the 3 male characters are wearing matching sunglasses and have what appears to be determined, maybe sarcastic looks on their faces, which could represent that the show could be humorous. The fact that all 3 of them are holding children (the audience can rightfully assume it’s their own children) represents that the show will most likely be family orientated and fun to watch. I think the designer was hoping to achieve the audience’s attention and approval when using balance in this advertisement. - The impact that the use of balance had on the audience was that it created a sense of relativity between the 3 characters. - The use of balance in this advertisement made the audience feel that the show will be unique and creative. The audiences’ response to this predominant element of the design would to consider watching it because of how creative, sophisticated and stable balance was used in this advertisement. - The effectiveness of the use of balance in this design is that everything is horizontally symmetrical. The text at the top, the characters in the middle, what the characters are doing and what they’re wearing all follows in line with one another and fit perfectly within the advertisement.
- The primary audience of the advertisement would be anyone who would be interested in a sit-com television show.
- The product or service advertised is a television premiere of “Revolution.” • CONTRAST is being used in the design in the following way(s): (Check all that apply)
X Strengthen an idea; support the message.
___To create a contradiction (BIG written in very small type).
___ Contrasting colors
X Contrasting values
___Contrasting shapes X
- Contrast in this advertisement strengthens an idea in the text by quoting “15 years years after the blackout…power is everything.”. It contrasts values by the top part of the advertisement appearing white then gradually fading to black as you look down the page. It contrasts texture by showing the shades and lit areas of the characters clothing. - The designer used contrast to represent the seriousness of the show. It shows a group of individuals that appear to be “on their own” so to speak. I believe contrast was utilized this way so that the audience could understand the concept in which the designer was trying to show. - The designer intent was to make an advertisement that appears dark, subtle and unassuming. Between the text and value you can kind of tell what the television show may be about. I think the designer was hoping to achieve a wider audience by making it a “premiere”. - The impact that contrast had on the audience was that it created a sense of survival, maybe loneliness. - Contrast made the audience feel that the show may be interesting because of the way value and texture was approached. The audiences’ response to this use of contrast as the predominant element of design would to consider watching it because of how the text strengthens the design. - The effectiveness of the use of contrast in this design is the sun going down in the backround, helping create value and even texture within the design. - - The primary audience of the advertisement would be anyone who watches any nbs television