T��n� Mag������ T��n� 4 Li��
By: Devantre’ Chatman Feat. Dominique Chatman
Table of Contents Learn about.. •What a twin is •How twins are formed •My brother and I •My brother and I hobbies •Questions twins are asked often •How to increase your chances of twins •Fun Facts
www.therestwo.wordpress. EpaperDC.indd 1
5/7/2013 9:51:16 AM
T��n� Mag������ T��n� Mag������ What is a twin?
T��n� 4 Li��
Some hobbies that me and my brother like to do are: • Play football • Play basketball • Hang out with friends • Playing video games • Travel
For two identical twins to be form, one fertilized egg splits and develops into two babies with exactly the same genetic information. About one in three sets of twins are identical. This happens because the egg is fertilized and divided in two while it is a tiny collection of cells. The two halves develop into two babies. These type of twins are called identical or “monozygotic” (one-cell) twins.
My brother and I playing video
How Are Twins Formed?
Questions twins are asked?
An egg cell is fertilized and will split into two embryos growing into identical twins. The stage when the egg cell splits determines how the twins will form in the uterine lining deciding if they will share an amnion, chorion, and placenta. The earlier the splitting, the more independently the twins will develop while in the uterus. So twins that split during the two-cell stage will have its own amnion, chorion, and placenta. While twins that split during the late blastocyst stage will share the amnion, chorion, and placenta.
1. It harder to raise twins a. All parents have time were they experience hardship and challenges with their children. Multiplies are natural companions for each other and take the burden off of the parents to serve as entertainment and a playmate.
My twin brother and I.
2. One is good and one is evil a. No child is always good or bad. There will be times when one twin may act good and the other may act bad but they can switch roles at any time.
A picture of my brother and
3. Twins should always be separated in school. a. There is no evidence saying twins excel if placed in separate classrooms, or that they fail if kept together. Recent studies have shown that separating twins can be bad for their educational experience but every set of twins are different. 4. They are always the best of friends a. The bond between multiples is unique and special but this doesn’t mean that they are automatically exclusive buddies. They enjoy friendships with other kids just a single siblings. 5. They look alike and no one can tell them apart a. Some twins look alike and some don’t. Even identical twins that look exactly alike physically still have differences. Once you begin to know them you can start to see the difference between them. Parents can almost always tell their children apart, and won’t forget who is who.
We were born on April 23, 1993. We have grown up together and went through a lot together. Sometimes it can be stressful having a twin but for the most part it can be fun. I say stressful because you are constantly getting asked questions and stopped in public. Being a twin is like being a mini celebrity and people who aren’t twins want to know the lifestyle that we have. I say it can be fun because you can mess around with people and do things like acting like I’m my brother or playing along with a joke. At the end of the day I am glad that I was born a twin because I will always have the experience of being one.
T��n� 4 Li��
My brother working
6. Twins have ESP the desk a. One of the biggest myths is twins have twin telepathy. There are reports of twins feeling each other’s pain, finishing each other thought but scientist say that and two people can do this. For example husbands and wives, close siblings, good friends, or anybody who have extreme genetic similarities, shared experiences and a close bond
My brother walking around campus.
5/7/2013 9:51:19 AM
T��n� Mag������ T��n� 4 Li��
So you want twins?
• Women who eat dairy products are five times more likely to conceive twins than women who don’t according to a study by Dr. Gary Steinman, a physician at Long Island Jewish Medical Center. • Forty percent of women who took folic acid before they got pregnant were more likely to conceive twins. • You can take fertility medication or having a procedure like IVF, which means to manually combine an egg and sperm in a laboratory dish. • Having a family history of twins will increase your chances because someone on your mother’s side or father side of the family had twins. • You can take folic acid supplement to increase your chances.
Studying for class
Fun facts about twins. In 1980, one in every 53 babies born in the US was a twin. This number has increased to one in 30 in 2009, according to new research released by the National Center for Health Statistics. 2. You are more likely to have twins if your over the age of 30 3. Male twins will not have twins unless their wives have the ability to produce two eggs 4. 22% of twins are left handed compare to 10% in singletons. 5. Some estimates suggest that 1 in 8 people started life My brother and I on n the way to as a twin while 1 in 70 actually is a twin. the store to grab sncacks 1.
5/7/2013 9:51:22 AM