How to Migrate Joomla to Drupal: Process of Moment [+Video] Drupal is considered to be one of the most powerful and advanced website builders out there. It comprises not only the features of a CMS platform, but rather itâ€™s a content management framework as well, that provides the website owners with the ability to create their own application on Drupal core. This CMF is highly-developed while speaking about its functionality. Moreover, Drupal is suitable for knowledge management and business collaboration. You are always able to improve your website management with the modules, themes, contributions, etc. Drupal developers always concentrate on every website improvement and growth, providing every user with all the options to make their sites professional ones. Thus, to make the website management sphere even more simple and efficient, we present you the tutorial that will show you how to migrate Joomla website to Drupal automatedly and with no losses.
Watch Joomla to Drupal Migration Live
Joomla to Drupal Migration: Step-by-Step Switching 1. Login/Sign up Go to www.cms2cms.com and login via your Google+ or Facebook account. Or you may create new CMS2CMS account by just providing your name, email, and password.
2. Specify Your Joomla and Drupal URLs In the provided fields in the migration wizard, type the URLs of your Joomla and Drupal websites. If you haven’t installed Drupal website yet, it’s not a problem, you may still try the migration. Just check the box saying “I don’t have my target website installed yet” and choose the type of CMS platform you want to switch to.
3. Download the Connection Bridge Then, click on ‘ Download Bridge File’ link and follow the steps: 1.
Bridge File will be saved as ‘cms2cms’ zip. Extract it to the folder on your PC and remember the location, we’ll back to it later.
Connect to your websites via FTP client software (you may use any type of it). You need to provide your FTP host name, username, and password. All these you may find out from your hosting provider.
Then, right within your dashboard, copy ‘cm2cms’ folder and paste it to the root directories of your Joomla and Drupal websites. The root directory is the top folder with the index.php file. Then, you should go back to your migration wizard and verify the connection bridge between your sites by pressing the corresponding button.
4. Preferences for Migration After that, you may choose the additional options: 1. 2. 3. 4.
Migrate Media Files - check this box if you want to move your post pictures Make URLs SEO Friendly - if you choose this action, all internal links of your Joomla website will be formed according to the rewrite rules of your new Drupal website. 301 Redirect - If you check this box, 301 redirect will inform the engine bot about the change of your location and you will save your ranking and traffic.. Clear Target Site Data â€“ this option will erase test content on your Drupal website.
5. Demo Migration Now, you may start with the free Demo Migration. CMS2CMS will transfer 10 pages of your website from Joomla to Drupal along with the related entities in just a few minutes. And youâ€™ll be able to check the result right away.
6. Start Full Migration Happy with the Demo result? Well, you may start the Full migration by clicking the corresponding button right now. In a while, when it’s done (usually it’s a couple minutes) you’ll receive an email notification and welcome your new website – now on Drupal!
Entities that Will be Transferred from Joomla to Drupal
If you are ready to start the new life of your website and migrate Joomla to Drupal, go ahead and set up your free Demo Migration. And in a minutes, youâ€™ll be able to enjoy your new Drupal website.