Cell Phone Repair - Water Damage Rescue If you are reading this guide chances are good that you just had a minor accident that involved your cell phone getting submerged in water or at least exposed to enough water to cause temporary water damage. Most people are not aware of how sensitive mobile phones are due to how mainstream and integrated these little devices are with everyday life. However, a mobile device is just as sensitive as any other expensive piece of equipment due to how many features and small components it takes to build a cell phone.
http://www.cpr-stores.com/san-jose-prospect In fact, many people are surprised to learn that the average life span of a cell phone is now only about 19 months. This of course is ironic since most contracts last for two years, but this is not negotiable. The reason why so many phones fail so early is because people toss them around, carelessly place them on shelves, and just in general do not handle them as the highly sophisticated pieces of technology that they are. However, since you are already in need of water damage advice, there is no use in lecturing anymore. Well, the answer is easier than you may think, and believe it or not the solution is probably already in your kitchen. Rice. Yes, rice is all you need to do a cell phone repair damaged by water. Outside of knowing to use rice, the most important thing that you need to know is not to turn your mobile phone on once it has suffered water damage. While you may be curious to see if it still works, turning on your device while it is wet will fry the circuits and cause you to ruin the wiring of the phone forever. So do yourself a favor and try the next few steps before hitting the power switch. How to Repair a Cell Phone with Water Damage
- First, take out the battery. Any other small compartments that you can take out such as a battery plug, USB cord, etc also remove - Fill an airtight container with rice - Place your phone along with all the smaller components such as the battery into the rice completely buried and shut the lid - Leave your cell phone in it overnight - The next morning pull out your cell phone, put it back together, and viola there is a great chance it will work again The reason why rice is such an easy remedy for cell phones that have been submerged in water is due to the fact that rice acts as a natural desiccant. This means that it draws the moisture out of your phone and into the rice particles. As a result, by patiently letting your phone sit in the rice overnight it is allowed to completely dry out so that the next time you turn it on it will work without short-circuiting. Of course, you may have wasted some rice but the end result is much better than wasting a cell phone!
Published on May 11, 2013
Published on May 11, 2013
Any other small compartments that you can take out such as a battery plug, USB cord, etc also remove - Fill an airtight container wit...