"I wasnâ€™t sure what to expect, but I enjoyed the sessions. It was interesting being made to reflect as this hasnâ€™t happened in a long time"
Leadership Pathways Leadership Pathways is an NCSL programme delivered by The London Centre for Leadership in Learning
Middle leader participant
For further information please contact: Laura Brimson email@example.com 020 7612 6435
The London Centre for Leadership in Learning 20 Bedford Way London WC1H 0AL www.ioe.ac.uk/lcll firstname.lastname@example.org
Specifically the participant will undertake the following:
Leadership Pathways is an NCSL programme delivered by the London Centre for Leadership in Learning, Institute of Education, University of London. Leadership Pathways is a modular programme that provides personalised leadership learning. It is designed to be flexible to suit individuals and contexts. The programme provides a foundation for leaders wishing to progress to senior positions.
Programme Structure Leadership Pathways is a blended learning programme designed around the principle of personalisation. Participants will access a blend of face-to-face sessions, on line materials and in-school development activity. The programme should be completed in one year.
• an on-line needs assessment in which the participant and colleagues rate their leadership strengths (the Routemap) • 3 core days at the Institute of Education that shapes the participant’s journey through the programme • 2 skills development days at the IOE • on-line learning through rich and extensive resources • in-school coaching aimed at implementing a piece of school improvement work • continual learning and support through regional on-line communities The in-school coach will benefit from support, guidance and facilitation from an external leadership mentor. The coach will attend a day’s training at the Institute of Education and will also join the participant at Core Day 3.
Benefits and Eligibility Although not exclusively for staff who intend to aim for headship, Leadership Pathways is positioned between Leading from the Middle (LftM) and the National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH). Leadership Pathways replaces the ‘Access’ stage of NPQH. This programme is aimed at established leaders:
• evidence to demonstrate the impact of their learning on standards in school • the motivation to take on a more substantive leadership role in future The benefits for the school and wider learning community will be the raised performance of key staff who: • draw upon theory, research and best practice to inform their current leadership practice
• with significant middle leader experience in leadership roles that support the Every Child Matters agenda
• are more proactive in their role in the community
• who are currently based in school
• take responsibility for the learning of others
• who have the support of the Headteacher and an in-school coach to undertake the programme
• are able to work productively with the school's senior leaders on facilitating change
The benefits for the participant will be: • an enhanced understanding of current, national and future agendas • development of their leadership skills in the school context
• facilitator and identified individuals or for sessions to explore particular aspects of coaching in more depth. Schools with a small number of participants may wish to jointly subscribe to the programme with another school.
Cost and how to apply NCSL subsides this programme; please see the NCSL website (www.ncsl.org.uk/ leadershippathways) for the programme costs for your school. This entitles a participant to access the online materials, the needs assessment, the three core days and two skills days. There is no additional charge for the support and training of the coach, who will receive one day of training. Small schools with up to 100 pupils are entitled to a full subsidy from NCSL. Supply and travel costs will be reimbursed by the College in accordance with NCSL policy. Non-state school employee applicants to the programme are eligible for Leadership Pathways at a cost of £1500. Applications can be made via the NCSL website (www.ncsl.org.uk/ leadershippathways). The London Centre for Leadership in Learning will contact applicants to inform them of the outcome. Supply and travel costs are not subsidised by the NCSL.