Haiku App Overview 1. Download the app from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/haiku-learning-for-ipad/id661382231?mt=8 2. Log in the app using the Google option.
3. This is what one can see under the home button: ! Announcements, Recent Activity, and Due Soon:
4. This is what one can see under the calendar button: Activities ! (you can sort by alphabet/due date and group them by type/class).
Bolded dates indicate something is due that day
5. One can create/edit To-Do Lists under the Check mark button:
Submitting an assignment in the app 1. Locate the assignment you are ready to submit.
2. Tap the “Hand In” button, select “Choose File”
3. Tap Google Drive and then tap the file you wish to submit.
4. Double-check that you attached the correct file(s), add a note if needed, hand in.
ADD A NOTE HERE! You can also take a photo, record audio/video, and attach those.
5. After tapping the blue â€œHand Inâ€? button, close the window.
Please note that if a student records audio in the Haiku app and hands it in, the file will be in a .caf format that can be played in QuickTime on your laptop:
Please note that if a student records video in the Haiku app and hands it in, the file will be in a .mov format that can be played in QuickTime on your laptop:
Settings and expanded options
SWIPE to the right
to view all the classes and to view â€œSettingsâ€? options
You should see 3 columns after swiping to the right:
View all your classes
Tap the globe to be directed to the class page
Settings (the gear button)
log in Google Drive here
New Haiku App Update Feature Now students can submit files to Haiku directly from other apps using “Open in Another App” option.
After selecting “Haiku Learning”, they will be prompted to log in their Haiku account and confirm for what assignment this submission is. Please note that when handing in a Pages file, it needs to be converted to PDF. (Tools<Share and Print<Open in Another App<PDF) Otherwise, when grading the native Pages file in Haiku there will be no “Grade and Annotate” option, just “Download”.