Interesting Tidbits Did You Know In 2012: • 98% of residents rated the quality of life in Okotoks as good or very good in the 2012 household survey. • Over 850,000 people visited the Okotoks Recreation Centre, which is 50,000 more than in 2011. • 20 new community programs were offered, contributing to the 1,000+ that already exist. • The Town of Okotoks hosted over 0 annual special community events, with approximately 15,000 attending Light Up Okotoks alone. • The Town implemented a new Virtual Town Hall that allows for online payment of business license renewals as well as dog license registrations and renewals.
• The Holiday Helper program, run by the Okotoks Healthy Family Resource Centre, assisted over 50 families in need this holiday season. • The FCSS Volunteer Driver program provided 171 drives in 2012. Up from 25 in 2011—that’s a 584% increase. • The Okotoks Public /ibrary circulated 4,251 items— that’s 975 items checked out for every day the library was open. • The Okotoks RCMP responded to approximately 10,200 calls for service, an increase of % over 2011. • $ total of 1,75 business licenses were issued in 2012. Of those, 80 were for new businesses.
• Okotoks.ca saw a steady increase in trafÀc with nearly 400,000 visitors and 80,0 page views.
• Over 20 single family dwellings and four duplex units were built.
• Over ,000 residents and businesses participated in the Water and Growth surveys. The input helped Council come to the decision to support continued growth.
• Strong industrial and commercial construction growth will have an estimated construction value of nearly $14M, a 9% increase over 2011.
• Okotoks welcomed nearly 1,000 new residents.
2012 community report
Published on Feb 28, 2013
The Town of Okotoks is pleased to present the 2012 Community Report. This publication serves as a report to our residents showcasing progres...