RECIPROCITY Clubhouse Closing and Reciprocity The Club will be closed Monday, February 18 through Thursday, March 14. The Club will reopen for dinner service on Friday, March 15. The following Clubs have offered reciprocal privileges to GPYC members during our shutdown. Please see the individual club’s hours of operations and dress code. Reservations required.
Bayview Yacht Club
(313) 822-1853 - ext. 116 Credit card only. 5% credit card fee will apply. Dining Hours: Mon-Tues, no dining service available, bar service only, 4 p.m. - close Wed-Thurs, Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Dinner: 5:30 - 8:30 p.m., Friday, Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Dinner: 5:30 - 9 p.m., Saturday, Lunch: 11:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. Dinner, 5:30 - 9 p.m. Sunday Brunch, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Lunch, 11:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Dinner, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. Events: We can accommodate groups of 2-152. Members may contact Gretchen Meeuws, Food and Beverage Director at 313-822-1853 ext. 104 or Gretchen@byc.com, to check club dates for availability and assist in planning the occasion. Invited guests are welcome and must be in the company of the Reciprocal Guest Member. Attire: Our dress code is business casual attire.
Birmingham Athletic Club
(248) 646-5050 Dining Hours: Mon: No a la carte dining service, bar open 4 p.m.-close. Tues: Taco Tuesday from 5 - 9 p.m. (limited taco-themed menu). Bar opens at 4 p.m. Wed-Sat: Lunch: 11:30 a.m.- 2 p.m., Lite fare: 2 -5 p.m., Dinner: 5 -9 p.m., Sun: Dinner: 5 - 8 p.m. Attire: Members and guests must wear proper attire to be admitted and served in the Dining Room, i.e. no athletic skirts, athletic shorts, caps, men’s sleeveless shirts, torn or ragged jeans, or swimming attire. Men must remove their caps in the upper level of the Clubhouse.
Bloomfield Open Hunt Club
(248) 646-9411 Dining Hours: Closed Mon - Tues. Lunch: Thurs- Sat, 11a.m.- 2 p.m. Sunday Brunch: 11a.m.-2 p.m. Dinner: Wed & Thurs, 5:30-9 p.m., Fri- Sat, 5:30-10 p.m.. Bar opens at 5 p.m. Attire: Informal attire may be worn in the Grille Room, Ring Room, Sunroom, Founders Room, Presidents Room, and Derby Room. Denim should be clean and without holes.
Country Club of Detroit
(313) 881-8000 Due to our limited dining offerings and overlap of our reciprocity dates, reciprocity to GPYC members is from March 8 - 14. Dining Hours: Dining Room & Tavern: WedSun (standard dress code for these venues). Breakfast: 8-11 a.m., Lunch: 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Dinner: Wed-Thurs, 6-9 p.m., Fri-Sat, 6-9:30 p.m., Soup-er Sunday, 5:30-8 p.m. on Sunday (soup & salad bar only). Grille Room: Wed-Sat (denim is permitted). Dinner only from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Reservations: Required for the Dining Room. The Tavern and Grille Room are first come, first serve.
Dearborn Country Club
(313) 561-0800 Dining Hours: Pub style menu on Fridays from 5- 9 p.m. Beginning March 8: Friday Fish Fry, 5-9 p.m. Attire: No denim
Detroit Yacht Club
(313) 824-1200 Dining Hours: (Grill & Bar Only) Mon-Thurs: closed, Friday: open for dinner Grill 5-10 p.m., Bar open 5 p.m.-1 a.m., Sat: Grill open 11:30 a.m.-11 p.m. Bar open 11:30 a.m.- 1 a.m. Sun: Grill open 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Bar open 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Attire: Semi-formal attire required in all rooms.
Heathers Club of Bloomfield Hills
(248) 334-9770 Reservations: Reservations are requested, but not required. Dining Hours: Tues-Sat, 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Payment: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and cash. Additionally members may sign their bill, and they will send the charges to GPYC for billing. State sales tax and a 17.5% gratuity will be added to all dining charges. Attire: No denim.
(313) 886-1010 Dining Hours: Open Fri-Sat in February, Lunch: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., Dinner: 5 - 9 p.m. Open Tues-Sat starting in March, Lunch: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., Dinner: 5 - 9 p.m. Attire: Appropriate and tasteful casual attire, including denim and tennis attire
The Village Club
(248) 644-3450 Dining Hours: Tues, 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Wed - Fri: 11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Dinner: Wed-Sat: 5 - 9 p.m., Sunday Brunch: 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Attire: Business casual is appropriate. Tasteful denim is also permitted. Reservations: When making reservations, please identity yourself as a GPYC member and provide your member number. Some evenings may be unavailable due to a designated Club function. Private parties can be accommodated.
Detroit Athletic Club
(313) 963-9200 Membership card must be presented for dining and parking. Dining reciprocity is restricted to Grill Room, Abbey, and Madison Café only. Dining Hours: Grill Room Breakfast: Mon-Fri, 7-9:30 a.m., Sat and Sun Continental Breakfast: 7-11 a.m. Lunch: Mon.-Fri, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Dinner: Tues-Sat, 5:30-10 p.m. Abbey Buffet Dinner: Mon-Fri, 5:30-9 p.m., Sat, 7-9:30 p.m. Madison Café Mon-Fri, 7 a.m- 6 p.m. Sat., 7 a.m. -4 p.m. Parking: Guests must use valet, self-parking not available. $12 Attire: Grill Room Carpet Men: suit or sport coat (tie preferred) and tailored slacks. Women: suit, dress, skirt or tailored slacks. Grill Room Bricks & Abbey Men: pressed collared shirt or turtleneck and tailored slacks; quarter-zip pullovers with collared shirt underneath; collared golf shirt; tucked in shirttail and polo; tailored slacks with a finished hem. Women: blouse or sweater; slacks or long cropped pants; skirt not shorter than mid-thigh; leggings worn with mid-thigh length or longer skirt, dress or top. Never permitted inside the Club: Any color or style denim (or anything that resembles denim or jeans); tattered, torn or cutoff clothing; hooded sweatshirts; cargo shorts, hats or caps (women’s dress hats are acceptable); excessively revealing clothing.