Outdoor Sports Areas
Baseball Diamonds - Play fastball, softball, or slow pitch at ball diamonds in your community. 5241 - 43 Street and at the Vegreville Ag Society Grounds.
D.O.L.A. - Dog Off Leash Area 5241 - 43 Street
Pickle Ball Courts Available at the Tennis Courts in summer, and at the Centennial Library Gymnasium in winter.
Soccer Fields - Fields located at RJV Soccer Park and Vegreville Composite High School
Tennis Courts - Open spring through fall, weather permitting and is free of charge.
49 Avenue & 48 Street
Vegreville Kinsmen Outdoor Skating Rink - 47 Street
Outdoor Fitness Park
Available for everyone to use at the . Equipment includes Vegreville Elks/Kinsmen Park bench press, rowing machine, leg press, pull-up and dip station, sit-up and knee raise platform, and multi-bars for stretching and push-ups.
Vegreville's walking trail system will lead you around Vegreville and past a multitude of sights including the Pysanka and Vermilion River.
Vegreville has lots of fun, safe playgrounds throughout town.
• Vegreville Lions Club Community Spray Park & Pirate Playground behind the Centennial Library on 47 Avenue
• Elks/Kinsmen Park Playground
• Vegreville Kinettes Playground on 47 Street
Vegreville Kinsmen Golf Club - 14432 Township Road 524
See ad page 14.
SEE TOWN MAP FOR LOCATIONS
VegrevilleAdministration, Finance & Taxes, Cemetery Services, Utilities, Dog Licensing
4829-50 Street, Vegreville 780-632-2606
Vegreville Public Works & Utilities Department 5417 BirchAvenue, Vegreville 780-632-3439
Vegreville Emergency Services 5100-60 Street, Vegreville 780-632-2254
Vegreville Municipal Enforcement (Bylaw Services)
6820 Hwy 16AW, Vegreville 780-631-2810
Vegreville Infrastructure, Planning & Development
4829-50 Street, Vegreville 780-632-6479
Vegreville Sanitary Landﬁll
52331 Range Rd 144, Vegreville 780-632-6976
Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility 5201 - 52Avenue, Vegreville 780-632-3197
Vegreville & District Family & Community Support Services 4829-50 Street, Vegreville 780-632-3966
Vegreville Centennial Library 4709-50 Street, Vegreville 780-632-3491
Vegreville Visitor Information Centre & Municipal Campground 4500 PysankaAvenue, (Elks/Kinsmen Park) Vegreville 780-632-6800
Vegreville Parks, Recreation & Facilities Department 4509-48 Street, Vegreville 780-632-3100
VegrevilleAquatic & Fitness Centre 4509-48 Street, Vegreville 780-632-6403
Wally FedunArena 4509-48 Street, Vegreville 780-632-6403
Vegreville Multiplex (Curling Club) 4729-45Avenue, Vegreville 780-632-2010 October-March 780-632-6403April-September
Vegreville Events Centre & Regional Museum 14413 Hwy 16A, Vegreville 780-632-6403
The Yellowhead Highway, HWY16, is a four-lane divided highway which runs east-west across the northern reaches of Canada's western provinces. Vegreville is easily accessible from HWY16 via HWY16A or HWY 857.
Located just 22km from the high load corridor, HWY36, Vegreville is linked to the border crossing at Coutts, Montana opening access to the Ports-toPlains development corridor into the United States and Mexico.
CN Rail's Prairie North Line runs through the community connecting major transload terminals at Edmonton and Saskatoon. CN has siding capacity at Vegreville.
Vegreville Airport, which is owned and operated by the Town of Vegreville, has a 4,000' x 100' asphalt runway, a terminal building and available hangar space. It is rated for night flying and is open yearround.
Vegreville is a natural hub for business in northeastern Alberta and beyond. Located on the Yellowhead Highway, just 100km east of Edmonton, Vegreville is connected to major markets and supply routes throughout Alberta, Canada and North America, both by road and rail. Regional transportation networks connect Vegreville to industry.
Just to the west is Alberta's Industrial Heartland, to the east is Cold Lake-Bonnyville energy hub and Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. An extensive highway network increases the Town's accessibility as a regional retail and service centre for communities within 50km. As the service hub for the area, Vegreville boasts top class education, medical, cultural and retail offerings.
Vegreville draws retail trade from many surrounding municipalities within a 50km radius Businesses benefit from access to over 30,000 potential shoppers from nearby communities, including just under 5,700 Vegreville residents.
With the assistance of our Board, we strive to:
• Assist in the facilitation of the communities' economic growth
• Find ways to help new and existing businesses thrive and grow
• Research new trends and development priorities
• Increase the awareness of Vegreville in all aspects
• Encourage implementation of programs and policies
• Act as a liaison between the business community and administration
With the assistance of our advisory board, we strive to:
• Promote, expand and enhance tourism development for the benefit of the community
• Support the development of tourism locally by working to strengthen the overall ‘visitor experience’ and heighten our region’s profile as a tourism destination
Tourism, Recreation & Culture CoordinatorContact 780-632-2606 or 587-790-0923Purolator, UPS, DHL, FedEX, Vegreville Delivery & Transport
St. Joseph's General Hospital -
Oﬀers acute care and out-patient services in rural Alberta. Services Provided:
• 24 hour emergency
• Ambulatory Care
• Cardiac rehabilitation program (outpatient)
• Cardiac stress testing clinic/ Holter monitoring
• Chronic disease management
• Diagnostic imaging
• Dietary services (inpatient & outpatient counselling)
• Gerontology Clinic
• Health information services and records management
• Hemodialysis (NorthernAlberta Renal program)
• Occupational therapy
• Palliative care
• Pharmacy services
• Physical therapy
• Podiatry clinic
• Primary Care Network
• Respiratory therapy (outpatient)
• Spiritual care
• Swallowing assessment clinic/ Fluoroscopy clinic
• Ultrasound department
5241-43 Street, Box 490, Vegreville,AB T9C 1R5 www.covenanthealth.ca
Vegreville Family Clinic
Walk-in Clinic patients must walk in. Mon-Fri, the clinic doors are open at 8:45 am and walk-in namesaretakenforthemorning,thenat12:45pm namesaretakenfortheafternoonwalk-in.Stillona ﬁrst-come, ﬁrst-serve basis, names are taken until appointmentsﬁllup.Thisisalsosubjecttodoctor’s availability
Ph: 780-632-6414 4917-50Avenue, Vegreville,AB T9C 1R2 For updates visit: www.facebook.com/vegrevillefamilyclinic/
Vegreville Community Health Center
• Asthma Education Program
• CommunityAddiction & Mental Health • Continuing Care Counselling
• Early Intervention Programs
• Environmental Public Health Programs • Fluoride Protection for toddlers • Home Care • Immunizations • Mental Health Counselling • Nutrition Counselling • OccupationalTherapy • Oral Health Services • Palliative Care • Physiotherapy – Rehabilitation Services • Prenatal Education Services
Public Health Nurses
School Oral Health Services
Speech & Language Pathology
Travel Health Services
TuberculosisTesting 8 am - 4:30 pm Mon-Fri | Ph: 780-632-3331 5318-50 Street, Vegreville,AB www.albertahealthservices.ca
Akasu Palliative Care Society
Ph: 780-632-7495 Box 623, Vegreville,AB T9C 1R7 email@example.com www.akasupalliativecaresociety.com
Ph: 780-632-2091 3rd Floor 5241-43 St, Vegreville,AB T9C 1R5 www.kalynapcn.ca
We understand that finding information and navigating the system in rural Alberta can be difficult. FCSS will help you get connected…
FCSS assembles lists of local agencies, toll-free numbers, online supports, and resources that you can call, text, or access online to get help you need.
Navigation & Support:
FCSS Community Programmers can help you through the tough times and get connected to the right services and programs that you need.
Community Counselling Program: Affordable, in-person, phone, and video counselling services are available. This program uses a sliding fee scale.
Money worries are the greatest source of stress. Our financial empowerment initiatives reduce poverty by building individuals' financial health. We're here to help you find the information, resources, and education sessions that can help you improve your financial situation.
Meals On Wheels: Hot noon time meals are available for residents that are unable to cook for themselves due to illness, recent hospitalization, disability, poor nutrition. The cost per meal is $7.00.
Seniors’ Link-In Calls: Older adults can join group phone calls to connect with others and learn new things. It's free, it's easy, and it's local!
Subsidized Housekeeping: We help eligible people with either the application for the Government of Alberta Special Needs Assistance Program for Seniors or the Town of Vegreville FCSS Department Subsidized Housekeeping Program.
Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP): Our office hosts a free Canada Revenue Agency - Tax Clinic Program where volunteers file tax returns for eligible people who have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
Child, Youth & Family Programs:
• Babysitter's Course: We teach the basics of safe babysitting to youth 11 years old and up.
• Sizzlin' Summer: A fun child development day camp that is offered during the summer for children \ 6 – 12 years
• Junior Leader Program: This program is for youth aged 13 to 15 years who want to strengthen their leadership skills and enjoying work with children.
• Afterschool Programming: This program provides connection, skill development, snacks, and activities. After Hours (Grades 7-12) and Friend Den (Elementary students and held at the Vegreville Family Resource Network).
• Kalyna Family Resource Network (FRN): Focuses on child development and well being, caregiver capacity building supports, and social supports and connections. The Vegreville centre is located at 5106-48 Ave. Call 780-632-2912.
Community Development: Our goal is to improve the quality of life for residents of Vegreville by strengthening the non-profit sector. Together we are addressing the root causes of the social issues identified by the community. Give us a call to learn more about what coalitions, task forces, or initiatives are happening in Vegreville.