NEW BOOK! Trees, Healing and You.
Too many people’s health is failing. Too many trees are being destroyed. Available at : Amazon.com
mysticalengineer.ca Suspend your thoughts
Recognize what’s real
Be willing Expand the sacred
Truth is pathless Keep moving - don’t stop
Find your personal genius
September 2016, Vol. 31, #1, Priceless
Thinking is highly overrated Trust your gut
A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for 31 years
E N V I S I ON I N G a n E N LI G HT E N E D
C A N A D A w i t h D a n ie l Ma u ro & f r ie n ds
Thursday, September 29 @ 7 PM ~ Saint Paul University ~ Please REGISTER in advance:
How to Identify Your SelfEsteem Triggers
Years!! A message from Tone’s Board of Directors
appy New Year! September 2016 marks Tone Magazine’s 31st year in publication. Don’t you find that there’s a sense of renewal at this time of year? New school year, new courses and new schedules. At the same time, we’re taking stock. Harvesting the seeds we sowed earlier this year. So, how’s the year going for you? If you had goals set for 2016 there’s still lots of time to meet, or even exceed, them. It’s an exciting month, isn’t it? Tone’s board of directors consists of professionals from different fields who live, work and play in your community. We are dedicated to supporting this beloved publication. Our goals: Distribute a quality magazine for the community, from the community; develop a strong online presence to connect to our community; support our advertisers, who are mostly small local businesses, by extending their reach to their community.
any people experience different degrees of selfworth depending on what’s going on in their life. For example, you might wake up in the morning feeling great and then you get an email from your boss and the rest of your day goes downhill from there. Self-esteem isn’t something that stays static. It changes according to your experiences, beliefs and mindset. How much it changes depends a lot upon your awareness and your ability to let go of any injuries to your self-esteem. The awareness component is key. If you can identify your triggers, you can then learn to prepare for them and manage them without suffering a blow to your self-esteem… So how do you identify those triggers? Step One: Evaluate Your Current Sense of Self-Worth In general, how do you feel about yourself? Would you say that you have a healthy sense of self-esteem and self-worth? Do you feel like your self-esteem could use a wee bit of a boost? It’s important to understand your current sense of self-worth because you can take steps right now to begin to strengthen it. Additionally, your current sense of self-worth can impact how significant your response is to self-esteem triggers.
Ottawa Peace Festival http://ottawapeacefestival.blogspot.ca/
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. September 2016 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Office Manager - Julie Tierney 613-979-0664 Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Learning to identify your self-esteem triggers can help you better understand yourself. It also gives you the tools and information you need to evaluate situations differently and manage your emotional response to them. You can control how much of an impact someone or something can have on your self-esteem. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 • www.WellnessWithMoira.com
Step Two: Look to your Past Reflect on the people and situations that made you feel badly about yourself. What happened and how did it impact you? For example, maybe you were overlooked for a promotion and it made you quit your job. Maybe you submitted an idea to your boss or a book to an agent and it was rejected, so you quit trying. Maybe you asked someone out on a date and were turned down, so you stopped going out. Other examples might be more personal. Maybe you told a family member how you were feeling and they disregarded your feelings. You might have felt stupid or overly sensitive. It impacted your self-worth. Evaluating the past can help you prepare for and become aware of your present and your future. Step Three: Pay Attention to Your Thoughts and Feelings Learn to pay attention to how you’re feeling when you’re triggered. For example, if you receive criticism, does your heart hammer in your chest and you get angry, or do you hear the criticism without a significant emotional response? If you get rejected, do you feel sad and withdraw, or do you evaluate the situation and try again? How you respond to different potentially triggering situation can help you see where your self-esteem can take a hit and where it is strong. You might feel very confident in your professional life and lack self-esteem in your personal life, or vice versa.
Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
55 Burnhamthorpe Crescent Toronto, ON Canada M9A 1G6
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 301 Bank Street, Ottawa 613-567-4444 planetbotanix.com
911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
10th Annual Ottawa Peace Festival • September 21 - October 2
The 10th Annual Ottawa 10th Ottawa Peace Festival September 21 — October 2, 2016 Peace Festival Peace and Emerging Consciousness
by Daniel Mauro he Canadian Peace Initiative (CPI), together with Ottawa’s peace community will be holding its 10th Annual Peace Festival from September 21 to October 2. The festival kicks off early on September 1st with a month-long exhibition of paintings entitled, “Peace and Emerging Consciousness” by Spanish-Canadian artist Alberto Agraso at the Ottawa Public Library. On International Peace Day (September 21), the City of Ottawa Peace proclamation will be read at the inaugural event at Saint Paul University along with the showing of a powerful documentary, “In Pursuit of Peace” that tracks the journeys of five Canadian young men and women building peace in conflict areas throughout the world. Mayor Jim Watson, Councillor David Chernushenko, and Senator Sinclair are expected to attend keynote events. Over the 12 days of the festival, 25 admission-free events will be held in 14 locations across the nation’s capital. These include: a Peace Film Festival by Cinema Academica at Ottawa U with focus on the First Nations’ peace and justice themes, including a live presentation by indigenous architect Douglas Cardinal of his vision for a Centre for Peace on the Ottawa River sacred islands. Plus, several panels featuring: Algonquin Elder William Commanda’s vision of a Circle of All Nations, Canada’s Role in Global Peace and Security Issues, Preventing Gender Violence, Annual Mahatma Gandhi Peace Lecture, and Peace through Friendship. There will be an enchanting Peace Arts Night at the Unitarian Church with prolific novelist Mark Frutkin reading from his literary works. Four other notable events include: a Nuclear Disarmament exhibit entitled, “Everything You Treasure” at the City Hall (all day Sept. 29) in English and French, a Walk for World Peace at Parliament Hill (Sept. 24), a multimedia presentation entitled, “Envisioning an Enlightened Canada” at Saint Paul University (Sept. 29), and Kids Love Peace at Fairlea Park (Sept. 25). Peace Festival children’s programming will be hosted by World Changing Kids. Activities include: kindness, friendship, music, dancing, yoga, painting, arts and crafts, biking, sports, mindfulness and more. Two events from 12-4 PM take place at Heatherington Park (on Sept. 24) and Fairlea Park (on Sept. 25). Contact: email@example.com “With a different kind of peace event every day throughout the 12-day festival period, we hope these fun and friendly events will give folks a chance to know what’s happening in Ottawa to build community peace,” said the peace festival co-convenor Peter
Pe ace and Emerging Consciousness Free Admission PEACE PROCLAMATIONS
Kids Love PEACE Panel Discussions
ENLIGHTENED Canada 4 FILM Festivals
International Day of PEACE
Spiritpainting for PEACE
Circle of All Nations
Seminar Series Building PEACE Workshops CENTRE for PEACE: An Architectural Vision WA L K f o r W O R L D P E A C E * * * * * For the full festival program visit:
OttawaPeaceFestival.blogspot.ca 613.244.1979 * 613.852.4527
Stockdale. His counterpart Bill Bhaneja noted, “Peace unites, violence divides. There is a new consciousness emerging about building peace that transcends racial, cultural, religious and gender divide.” For logistic details surrounding these peace events, consult our festival blog at http://ottawapeacefestival.blogspot.ca or contact: 613.852.4527 / 613.244.1979
SGI Disarmament Exhibit @ City Hall
SEPTEMBER 29 * 8 AM to 9 PM firstname.lastname@example.org
10th Annual Ottawa Peace Festival • September 21 - October 2
Spiritpainting® for Peace Cinema Academica Puts Peace on the Big Screen
By Jen Jones
By Joey Clavette hat does it mean to live in peace? There isn’t one simple answer to this question. In partnership with the 10th annual Ottawa peace festival, we showcase four events that speak about “peace” in different terms. Each event ends with an open discussion where you’re welcome to offer your piece. Our first film is certainly the most aggressive peace... an uncanny peace. The film, The Act of Killing follows a group of Indonesian war would-be criminals. These people committed genocidal atrocities in the nation a few decades ago. Today, rather than being locked up, they’re celebrated. The film allows the viewer to breach the mind of a cold-blooded killer by allowing the killers to re-enact their story for the big screen. It’s all fun and laughs until the director, Joshua Oppenheimer, makes them play the role of the victim. The revelations about peace in this film are the flip side to revelations about violence and how easy it is for our brothers and sisters to act it out. Our second film is a documentary based off of Romeo Dallaire’s book They Fight Like Soldiers, They Die Like Children. Dallaire is known as the man who was abandoned by the United Nations during the Rwandan genocide. Needless to say, he’s seen some nasty things. Among them, were a multitude of child soldiers. This is a cause that summons a special disgust in his heart as well as ours and he has committed much of his life to it. This film covers peace-building in an entirely different context than our first film. Our next event is a talk from Douglas Cardinal, a world-renowned Canadian Architect. Any OttawaGatineau citizen will recognize his work, the Canadian History Museum. His talk is about the contested Chaudiere Islands that sit between Ottawa and Gatineau, and the proposed Zibi project. The project raises questions of native ownership and resurfaces colonial quandaries that some Canadians hoped had disappeared. In regards to peace, we could ask ourselves whether we really live in peace here in Canada, despite the absence of war. With our last event, we touch on what Bill Bhaneja from the Canadian Peace Initiative describes as “nonviolent peace”. This is peace completely untied to violence or war. It’s a lifestyle choice, it’s spiritual to a lot of people, and it can prevent the atrocities shown in earlier films. This final documentary focuses on the late Algonquin Grandfather, William Commanda. In the film Good Enough for Two, French director, Valerie Pouyanne brings Commanda to the screen. Commanda guides us through the stages of building a canoe while imparting pieces of spiritual wisdom gathered throughout his life. Events take place on four consecutive Saturday evenings @ 7 pm (Sept 10, 17, 24, Oct 1). For location details, check out our ad or visit: OttawaPeaceFestival.blogspot.ca
SPI R IT PA I NTI NG W f or P E A C E September 23 2:00 - 4:30 pm Please REGISTER in advance:
or the past ten years, Spiritpainting® for Peace workshops have been offered in Ottawa as part of the Peace Festival activities. These workshops aspire to bring awareness about our innate power to bring change to the collective consciousness by focusing with peaceful, positive intentions. During the workshop, we prepare with a meditation, then the process of spiritpainting® begins, followed by a group sharing in which everyone describes what is seen in each other’s paintings. For example, the painting used in the ad was created in a previous Peace Festival event. Participants have seen: “Joy of Peace,” “Connection with nature spirits,” “Happiness in the bright colours,” and “The image of a grandmother wolf face that is compassionate and gentle.” Turquoise is the dominant colour in the painting and it represents the “High Heart,” which also means Self-Love. Given that the WOLF symbolism represents teaching, loyalty and pathfinding, the wise “Grandmother Wolf” motif is suggesting that we must have compassionate Self-love in order to be in peaceful harmony with Nature and all of creation. September 23, 2 - 4:30 pm. As a proud partner of the 2016 Peace Festival, Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones will facilitate an introductory Spiritpainting® workshop where participants will complete a Spiritpainting® for themselves while meditating on Peace and Emerging Consciousness. Supplies included. Free admission. Located in Central Ottawa. Space is limited. Please call to register: 613-266-8063 or email: email@example.com
10th Annual Ottawa Peace Festival • September 21 - October 2
Envisioning an Enlightened Canada V2.0
Ottawa’s Emerging Role as a Peacemaker and Spiritual Wayshower in the World
by Daniel Mauro ttawa is evolving into a spiritual hub for Canada and the world. Aside from the official geographical and political motivations, there were deeper reasons why Ottawa was chosen as our Nation’s Capital. Perhaps you have heard of places like Mount Shasta (California), Lake Titicaca (Peru), or the Giza Pyramid (Egypt)? They are planetary energy centers that are often described as the earth’s chakras. Ottawa has a similar destiny. The area of land that we call our National Capital Region is sitting on very sacred ground. And whereas many of the earth’s chakras are naturally occurring energy centers, Ottawa’s energies are unique in that they are meant to be consciously activated by peaceful, loving, high integrity human beings. So how do we cultivate what lies as innate potential in Canada’s Capital? Well, the seeds were planted long ago and they are beginning to bear fruit. We see a rapidly expanding spiritual/healing/peace building community that involves people from many walks of life: holistic practitioners, healers, energy workers, spiritual counsellors, thought leaders, peace makers, authors, sound healers, Buddhist monks, spiritually gifted children, traditional medicine communities, and indigenous elders. Algonquin elder William Commanda proposed a beautiful vision for the Sacred Chaudiere Victoria Island Site which included a Historic Interpretive Centre, a Peace Building Meeting Site, and an Aboriginal Healing Centre. These buildings and the freeing of Chaudiere Falls have yet to be realized, but when the time comes, Douglas Cardinal’s wonderful architectural interpretations of William Commanda’s visions can become a reality. If we are able to make amends for the terrible crimes committed against our indigenous brothers and sisters by the Canadian government and to begin a genuine healing process that is for the highest good of all peoples on this beautiful land, then and only then, can Canada reclaim its role as a true peacemaker in the world. Now that we have a heart centered and conscientious leadership at the helm, the path may be opened for a spiritual evolutionary process that has been waiting patiently to happen in Canada; however, this path will require a conscious, intentional, and peace-driven movement that is motivated by loving compassion and initiated at the grassroots level of inspired human action.
ENLIGHTEN C A N A D A 2.0 A 3-Tiered Spiritual Initiative Daniel presents his VISION for OTTAWA as a Spiritual Wayshower in the World Thursday, SEPT 29 @ 7 PM
Saint Paul University ~ Amphitheatre (1124) ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
A growing contingent of individuals in our Nation’s Capital are emerging as courageous wayshowers for humanity and our city shows great potential to become a spiritual mecca in the near future - a place that people might flock to from other parts of the world for spiritual nourishment, wisdom, and healing. And so the work towards ripening that vision begins. . . Please join Daniel and friends on Thursday, September 29 @ 7 pm (Saint Paul University Amphitheatre) as we outline a 3-tiered spiritual initiative towards Ottawa’s emerging mission as a Peacemaker and World Conscious Wayshower. Two hour multimedia presentation followed by Q & A and a brief energy healing ceremony afterwards. $10 donation appreciated. Our March 26th event nearly filled up so space may be very limited this time around. To save your spot, please REGISTER in advance at: email@example.com
10th Annual Ottawa Peace Festival • September 21 - October 2
Peace and Emerging Consciousness: Presentation and Art Exhibit at Ottawa Peace Festival 2016
by Mony Dojeiji and Alberto Agraso (artist-writer couple)
s pilgrims who walked 13 months for peace, we believe that inner peace is the key to outer peace. We walked through countries where peace and majestic vistas reigned – but our mental and emotional storms hampered seeing them. Yet in places where the scars of war and violence still stood evident, we felt calm and self-assured, able to bring those energies to the people and situations. To abide in the consciousness that is peace and love is the greatest journey. The true work of the peacemaker and bringer of the Light is to see beyond the veil of separation and, in every moment, be the instrument through which peace pours through into the world. As part of the 2016 Ottawa Peace Festival, we will share stories from our 5000-km pilgrimage for peace on September 22 at the Ottawa Public Library (Main Branch). Details for this free event are posted at www. ottawapeacefestival.blogspot.ca Alberto will also share this vision of inner awakening and the journey towards a love-based consciousness in his collection of paintings on exhibit at the OPL Main Branch throughout the month of September. You can learn more about his work at www.walkingforpeace. com
To see and feel this consciousness of peace within your essence is easy. To witness it in another, especially one you deem your “enemy”, is the task of a true Master. It is this theme of unifying peace that we aim to explore together on September 22.
uOttawa Cinema Academica presents the 2016 Peace Film Festival University of Ottawa, Lamoureux Hall, Room 339 The Act of Killing
SEPT 10 @ 7 pm
They Fight Like Soldiers
SEPT 17 @ 7 pm
Centre for Peace: A Vision
SEPT 24 @ 7 pm
Good Enough for Two
OCT 1 @ 7 pm
The Body Keeps The Score
Although much of Dr. van der Kolk’s early work was with PTSD s s clients, his later findings apply to all le lnes w levels of disassociation and anxiety. smokin He highly recommended such frui ecently, I travelled to the Atlantic experiential practices as: EMDR seashore and the Cape Cod xie (Eye Movement Desensitization and Institute in Orleans, Massachusetts, to ty Reprocessing), tapping, meditation, self attend a one-week seminar on Brain-esteem yoga and hypnotherapy. All of Body-Mind Neuroscience with Dr. t these modalities emphasize the weigh Bessel van der Kolk, M.D., who wrote importance of BEING HERE….. the seminal and inspirational book, COUNSELLING, COACHING No mention of time. Not here “The Body Keeps the Score”. The seminar was entitled the “Frontiers & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE “and now”. In experiential work we actually leave time. The focus Richard M. Haney of Trauma Treatment”. One of the Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist then becomes what is most relevant other books I read to prepare for this for us. In this state we prioritize outstanding seminar was “The Body (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 all of our different emotions. We Remembers” by Babette Rothschild. Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. hopefully let our thalamus be the As the titles of these books indicate, www.ottawahypnosis.com “cooker” that blends our reactions, modern neuroscience has shown www.ottawacounselling.com purposes and interpretations into that our ways of navigating our a cohesive action that is optimally suited to a journey through our days is highly influenced given situation. Our limbic system tends to by the programs that were downloaded into our be reactive and attuned to detecting unsafe physiology and our psyche when we were young. situations. The amygdala acts like a “smoke The seminar focused on how our programs detector” and modulates and “interocepts” the can be re-experienced and “written over” by a incoming stimuli. In PTSD cases the amygdala healing relationship. Hippocrates called this malfunctions. type of relationship “Partners in Healing”.
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: How is it possible to lead a spiritual life and somehow adjust to the material life?
The characteristic that Dr. van der Kolk highlighted as one of the most significant in his research studies was reciprocity. Reciprocity happens when two people are emotionally available for each other and are each TOTALLY HERE! Self-ownership creates deep connectivity. Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation). Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. Richard by phone: (613) 234-5678. By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SRI CHINMOY: Spirituality and life must go together. We have to go deep within to discover the spiritual life, but without negating the material life. From inside we have to come outside; we cannot go inside while holding on to the values of the outer life. We need the inner life because it is there that infinite joy and peace can be found. From the inner life, we bring to the fore our divine qualities. In fact, the material life has its true significance only when it is supported by the inner life. At present, what is happening is that we are trying to separate the material life from the spiritual life, when in reality there is no division. Unfortunately, however, people think that either one has to accept the material life and wallow in its pleasures or else one has to be a complete ascetic, that there can be no compromise. This is not true. The material life has to be accepted but not in a sense of total indulgence. The material life is to be accepted for the manifestation of our divine, inner qualities. We should try to aspire in our day-to-day life to combine both the material and the spiritual life. We can do this through the constant remembrance of something higher and deeperâ€”God, the Divine. If God comes to our mind before anything else, then only will God flow through from the spiritual life into the material life. If we place God first, then God enters, on our behalf, into the outer world, into the material world. This is how we can adjust ourselves to the material life and make it one with the spiritual life. The spiritual life is something absolutely natural and practical. It wants to prove in a practical way that God is not only in Heaven, but here on earth. The greater the number in society to accept the spiritual life, the inner life, the quicker and easier will be the transformation of the life of society. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
“Why Are You Blaming Me?”
– scapegoating, betrayal & disconnection from God
by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within. t is an unfortunate fact that, often times, those who uphold the truth are not seen as the Light that they are. Instead, as the one that “stands out from the rest”, we can be targeted, attacked, made the scapegoat and betrayed. There is a long history of spiritual leaders, humanitarians and Lightholders being persecuted for their God-power, and those traumatizing memories remain in the dark recesses of the lower dimensions of the Earth’s grids and our physical bodies. You may have lived these patterns as I have. And now is the time to clear these energies, as we get spiritually stronger and our deeper fears surface.
Why Do We Get Blamed? As we hold the Light of God in our field, it can serve as comfort for some. For others it can bring awareness to a part of themselves they do not wish to see. If someone has an undisciplined ego and is unwilling to take responsibility for their own shadow, they will try to distance themselves from the discomfort with a defensive posture such as projecting. Projecting undeniably throws a big conflict into our relationships because it not only avoids accountability but also tries to make another person responsible. Sometimes, in order to justify this blame and to make themselves feel better, a person can even fabricate a story that simply isn’t true.
Are you ready to move to the new timeline? I specialize in helping you to clear stubborn patterns that stand in your way. We can bring you freedom with Divine healing of your 12-dimensional self and clearing from the root level.
pain & dis-ease attachments emotional & mental triggers traumas fears/phobias karma inorganic structures & more
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
If we are on the receiving end of this, it can feel shocking. We are left trying to understand why we are being made the scapegoat – the one that is unfairly blamed. To read more about scapegoating and its darker origins, related alien implants, patterns with Indigos/Starseeds, and helpful information for healing, see the full article on my website www.MelindaUrban.com 17 years of intuitive healing experience. Integrating holographic clearing of your blueprint, emotional healing/ energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, and vocal healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. Appointments in person or by phone 613-253-2888. FREE monthly newsletter. Copyright 2016 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www. MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
F O R MAT I O N / T R A I N I N G Maîtrise du Système Énergétique MD
STARTING SEPTEMBER 2016
Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N. Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 email@example.com
• emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca Empower Your Life-Path!
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
the client reached a transformation so profound that though some sounds may be less pleasant, now sounds no longer bother her. That is your power, as your subconscious mind can help you, from within, to achieve lasting results. Daily I see the value of hypnosis, how the subconscious mind has great abilities, and combined with gently understanding and healing ourselves, we learn to move forward, because truly, the possibilities are endless. As Martin Luther King Jr said, all we have to do is to keep moving forward.
If you can’t fly, then run, if you can't run, then walk, if you can't walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward. - Martin Luther King Jr.
e all carry impulses to better our lives, as life itself longs to evolve, to resolve, to move forward. There is a whisper within each one of us that wants to nudge us forward, and it comes from deep within. This whisper travels in inner lands that are unique, within our own mind, as we all have had a unique journey, filled with memories of experiences, some good, some challenging; sometimes we hold disappointments and hurt, consciously or not. This impulse to free ourselves is a gift, but to allow it to guide and inspire us, we first need to honour our own story and take a decision to shift, to grow, to heal, and to own our own power. We all in our own way seek solace and within our current society, we look for a respite, through ways that may appear trivial, but have their places (like watching TV or various ways to enjoy our free time) or by seeking spiritual paths or numerous other healing modalities. In my many years of experience, however, I see that there is no bypassing our growth despite finding various ways to relax, and that we can truly move forward only when we address our issues and blockages. This shift can’t fully happen if it is coming from an outside source, as growth and emancipation comes from deep inside ourselves. There is no outside power that can do it for us; yet we do have that potential to heal as our minds have great power and we can be guided to do so. Recently, a client suffering from misophonia, a state in which negative emotions, thoughts, and physical reactions are strongly activated by specific sounds. This client came to me, after trying many techniques, unsuccessfully. Simple sounds like hearing someone chew could lead to uncontrollable anxiety attacks. Within four sessions
Lynne Cardinal has offered Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors for over 30 years She is also a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. She has studied extensively with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation and she also trained with Diane Hamilton in Conflict Resolution. For more information call 613.721.7888 or www.kaivalya.ca firstname.lastname@example.org * Insurance receipts are available.
Row Row Row Your Boat BONNIE THOMPSON by Jane Collins Psychic, Medium and Spiritual Communicator
JA NE CO L L I N S
Au t ho r o f Wi l l i n g C h a n g e Co a c h • Coun s e l l o r • Fa cilit ator Pe rso n a l a n d Gro u p S essions
janecp@s ym pat ico. ca w w w. willingchangecour s e s.co m When it comes to riding the river of life there are some things to keep in mind: • Don’t try to stay still--it’s not an option. Change is inevitable for everything and everyone. • Go with the flow-- Accepting changes as they happen and choosing to make changes that help others creates a life with more ease and less tension. • Don’t insist on avoiding rapids--it is not always possible. Rapids may be just what you need, and life will deliver you to them one way or another. • Enjoy the scenery as you go. How you feel about the ride is up to you. Look for beauty to find it. Any route or direction has something to offer. • Look for new routes. Opportunities are abundant; you need to keep moving and searching for them. • Ask for directions. There is no reason you must always feel lost. Many have travelled the river before you and have made discoveries that can help you. • Make friends along the way. Other travellers on the river may help you keep your boat afloat, point out some of the beautiful scenery, or keep you company as you travel. • Expect the unexpected. Being prepared for difficulties helps you to feel you can handle whatever happens. • Don’t try to control the other boats. Expecting others to stay the same can only lead to disappointment. • Stay optimistic. Knowing you will enjoy the ride is the reason most of us are willing to get on a boat in the first place. • Carry your own compass. We each have an internal compass to point us in the right direction and help us to find the right way for us. Know where you want to be, make plans to get there, and keep looking for it.
Bonnie is committed to delivering messages from spirit and loved ones and to providing insights and guidance to those seeking answers and clarity in their ives. She is a gifted, fourth generation Psychic, Medium and Spiritual Communicator who, from the age of a young child became aware of her gifts. Entering into her teen years, she started experiencing frequent visitations from deceased loved ones asking for her assistance in relaying messages to those around her. From that point on, Bonnie made the commitment to deliver messages from spirit and loved ones. On numerous occasions, she foresees world events and personal events; she has been shown where missing people were going to be found. Bonnie is regularly featured on television and radio, participates often in fundraisers and corporate events, and is passionate about guiding and counselling you in your daily life, connecting you to your loved ones who have passed, and helping you to gain insight and direction in your life, so that you find peace and comfort. Psychic Readings: For clients wanting guidance in their lives regarding; career, money, relationships and what’s coming up in their future, as well as guiding them on their life purpose. 30mins/$60 or 1hour/$100 Mediumship Readings: Messages to you from loved ones who have passed on. And to give you the closure and healing that is needed. 30mins/$60 or 1 hour/$100 Reiki Energy Healings: With Bonnies abundant gifts of intuitive guidance, reiki healing and psychic abilities she will provide healing and message for this 1 hour session. $85/1hour. Skype/Phone Readings: Phone and Skype Readings are to be arranged by email. Payments are visa, mastercard, or e-transfer. Corporate Events and Fundraisers: Bookings for Corporate Events or Charity Fundraisers. House Parties: Bonnie will come to your home and deliver readings for your guests. Are you looking for guidance about your past, present, future or a specific situation or issue? If so contact Bonnie. She offers Clairvoyant Sessions, Psychic Readings, Mediumship and Energy Healings in person or over the phone or skype.
www.bonniethompson.co ~ 6132950770
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
Jane Collins is the Author of Willing Change Coach, Counsellor, Facilitator Personal and Group Sessions email@example.com
Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
How to Heal Fibromyalgia
ccording to one estimate, 2 percent of people in North America, or about 3.7 million people may have the fibromyalgia syndrome. It primarily affects women and usually first occurs between the ages of 20 and 60. It causes no inflammation, and does not affect the joints, connective tissue, or muscles. This lack of inflammation sets fibromyalgia apart from rheumatoid arthritis. It produces pain in the body’s fibrous, ligaments and tendons and in the muscles. The pain has been described in a variety of ways including: burning, radiating, gnawing, sore, stiff, and aching, although it may start in one region, such as the neck and shoulders. Pain may radiate from various sites that are painful when the tender points are touched, although people with fibromyalgia may not even realize these particular areas hurt until pressure is applied to them. The other main characteristic of fibromyalgia is chronic fatigue. About 90 percent of people with fibromyalgia describe moderate or severe fatigue with lack of energy, decreased exercise endurance, or the kind of exhaustion felt with the flu or with lack of sleep. Sufferers often complain of waking up as tired as they were when they went to sleep and remaining fatigued throughout the day.
Free Meditation Course The Willpower Institute is offering a free five month meditation course The course was developed by Luangphor Viriyang Sirintharo, a Master Teacher of Meditation with over 70 years of experience
Learn the simple and powerful meditation technique that:
• Decreases stress • Promotes a happier, healthier lifestyle • Improves physical, mental, and emotional well being
Chinese Massage Therapy for Chronic Pain
www.uniquetherapy.com It often varies according to time of the day, activity level, weather, sleep patterns, and stress levels. Most people with fibromyalgia say that some degree of pain is always present. They sense that the pain is mainly in their muscles and often note that fibromyalgia feels like a persistent flu. Many people with fibromyalgia have a personal history of depression or anxiety at some time in their life. There is evidence that some people with fibromyalgia have a history of abuse or neglect during their life as well. People with fibromyalgia may have feelings of numbness and tingling in their hands, arms, feet, legs, or sometimes in their face. These feelings can suggest other disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome, neuritis, or even multiple sclerosis. Headaches, especially muscular (tension) and migraine headaches, are common in fibromyalgia. Abdominal pain, bloating, and alternating constipation and diarrhea are also common. This may resemble irritable bowel syndrome or “spastic colon.” Similar bladder spasms and irritability may cause urinary urgency or frequency. Tim Wu’s Qigong therapy focuses the treating on immune system and nerve system for fribromalgia. It’s very important to improve the circulation condition, such as blood circulation and energy circulation, for heal the symptom of fibromalgia. It takes about 5 to 10 treatments for msot of the fribromalgia patients to completely get rid of this symptom. For more information about the therapy, please visit www.uniquetherapy.com or contact Tim Wu at 613292-2398.
~ ORIENTATION EVENING ~ Monday September 19, 2016 from 7:00-9:00 pm Willpower Institute Meditation Centre 1815 Dunrobin Road More info/register: www.willpowerinstitute.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org
t Ottawa Hypnosis we realise even though there is so much information available about weight loss, the same diet mistakes are being made over and over every day. We are not talking here about little slipups where you ate a slice of pie that was not on the plan, but big mistakes that lead to failure to lose the weight that you want to lose. Understanding these errors can help you develop the attitude that will lead to permanent weight loss for you. 1. The All Or Nothing Attitude All or nothing dieters will often pick out a complicated diet that is almost impossible for them to maintain. Before beginning, they will search the kitchen for anything that does not fit the plan and throw it in the garbage. They are planning to be the perfect dieter, and so they will be, for one day, three days, seven days or even a couple of weeks. Then, inevitably, something happens that means they cannot keep to the diet one time. Immediately the whole thing is ruined in their eyes and the diet is over. They go to the store and buy all the things that went into the garbage last week and proceed to gain back all the weight that they lost, as fast as possible. If you are this kind of dieter you need to ask yourself some tough questions. Do you really want to lose weight permanently, or just lose a few pounds so that you can enjoy putting them back on again? The way forward is to make small changes to what you eat so that you have a slow but steady weight loss.
2. The Attitude of Sacrifice Another common mistake is to view your diet as a period of sacrifice. You do not allow yourself the foods that you enjoy most while you are on your way to your target weight. You may have a great diet plan and be very successful in losing weight, but what happens when you reach your goal? You have not learnt to eat 'bad foods' in moderation so as soon as you start, you are likely to go out of control. It is better to include a little of everything in your diet and learn to enjoy it in small quantities. Yes, even chocolate! 3. Goal Failure Setting achievable goals is vital in any weight loss plan. Goals should be clear, realistic and set out in writing. While you probably do have an ideal weight in your mind, unless you are only very slightly overweight it is probably too distant to be useful. A more useful goal would be to lose two pounds per week for the first five weeks and then one pound per week after that. Some weeks you will lose more and some less, some weeks you may even gain, but if you track your progress on a graph you will see that ups and downs are natural and do not stop you progressing steadily toward your major goal. If you have been making these mistakes, do not worry. The most important point in dieting as in so many other things is to move on. Learn from your failures as well as your success and do not use a mistake as an excuse for giving up. The only way to achieve your goal permanently is to make a commitment to become a healthier person. Remember that eating normally includes eating more some days and less others. Learn
3 Bad Diet Mistakes To Avoid At All Cost
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
September news from Church of Perfect Liberty
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
Back from Japan, I am all energized and ready for a productive Fall. Are you ready for our Fall sale (tentative date, Oct. 15. 9 –1 pm.) We have had good feedback from our sale in the spring, the fall one should be even better. Remember, the Funky Monkey Boutique is in the lower level of the church itself. Anyone wanting to donate for the sale, please get in touch with me. We are considering having a workshop on the benefits of eating “healthy” the Japanese way. It will depend on the number of people interested. Remember we are non denominational, and welcome everyone, The 21st of each month, is our Thanksgiving service, 7:00 pm please feel free to drop by and share with us. Interested in knowing more about my time in Japan, check out the blog, or come by on a Sunday, services @10 a.m. Dymoon (http://dymoonblog.com )
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Senior Minister – Rev. Eugene Hayashi 613-225-1850 PL Church, 1010 Hunt Club Road • 613-225-1850 Facebook Q & PL-Perfect Liberty https://www.facebook.com/ShingelDymoonPL/
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
to enjoy food in moderation and you have every chance of avoiding these bad diet mistakes. For more help with weight issues then Contact Ottawa Hypnosis at: 613-878-5874 or go to www.LUKEnosis.com
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2016 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com email@example.com
Unveiling the Heart
The Steps to Becoming Your Own Spiritual Teacher and Healer
Cheryl Jiala Driskell
'Unveiling the Heart Workshop!'
When we unveil our heart, we enter a surrendered state with the ‘One Heart’ - our divine teacher
’ve always felt that the best teachers are those that teach you how to help yourself, so you can guide ‘you’ into your health and happiness. Who knows you better than you, and if you are still trying to know yourself, then it is better still to have techniques that can help you do so in ways where every aspect of your spiritual and physical being is taken into consideration. The wholeness of you can always be understood! There is a wise and articulate consciousness that shines through you and its only mission is to ensure that YOU are supported and doing well. Imagine following a teacher that knows how much work to do, when to rest, when to test and when to walk away, while all the time having your back! When you unveil your heart, you bring balance to your life! We need to witness the path with a deeply personal approach. We need to advance our personal power, our spiritual fire and the health of our body, mind and heart. This is all possible through our spiritual work with our divine connection in great flow. Indeed, becoming your own guide, your own spiritual teacher, with guidance each day is crucial in a world where the answers are geared to the beliefs systems of old eras or subjective ideas of a teacher who may have 100’s of students and couldn’t possibly understand your nuances. It is important to know that we are all moving through a Spiritual Evolution that ‘you’ can be a conscious part of. Your path is as significant as anybody’s and how you traverse that path is not going to be identical to your sister or brother. There are many reasons to practice unveiling your heart; for your personal spiritual, mental/emotional and physical health advancement or in your work as an energy therapist or psychotherapist/counselor. If
October 22nd & 23rd, 2016 Find inner peace Release chronic illness Live Life Happier
Trouvez votre paix intérieure Libérez-vous de vos maladies chroniques Vivez une vie plus heureuse
you listen to the guidance that welcomes you to use it wisely, you will enter a state of flow in a gentle loving way that surpasses all need to follow anyone else’s path. You will simply allow your own guidance to send you in healthy and supportive directions. As a part of this practice you will also learn how to heal yourself and others. It comes through the expansion of your greater heart awareness. You will see how valuable it is that each person carry impressions of their fields, body or heart in order to sustain longer experiences of health and happiness here on earth. I am looking forward to sharing the guidance of Unveiling the Heart and how you can become your own Spiritual Teacher and Healer. There is a path to your greatest wisdom. Once you have it, you can follow it the rest of your life and stay healthy too! I am looking forward to connecting with you soon. Cheryl Jiala Driskell, www.intuitivelight.com
Ottawa’s Newest Psychic Fair! Best Western, Bells Corners
1876 Robertson Rd, Ottawa, ON K2H 5B8
September 2-5, 2016
Fri 2-10pm; Sat 10-10; Sun 10-10 & Mon 10-6pm Admission $5/day or $10 for the weekend
Become a Powerful Healer by Master Lynda Chaplin
ould you like to become a powerful healer? You can! It doesn’t matter if you are a healthcare professional, a healer of any modality, a homemaker, a teacher, a lawyer, or whatever. You can become a Divine Healing Hands Soul Healer to serve humanity! We are living in extraordinary times and facing many challenges on Mother Earth. Humanity is suffering. Many people have chronic pain and life-threatening illnesses. Many people suffer from emotional and mental imbalances. Many people have serious relationship challenges and financial struggle. Spiritually we would say that humanity is in a special time of serious purification and that Mother Earth is in a special time of serious transition. Natural disasters, including hurricanes, earthquakes, tornados, floods, and more; drought and other extremes in weather; famine; all kinds of conflict between people and countries; pollution of the land, air and water—all of these are present and increasing. Many people are searching for wisdom, knowledge, and practical techniques outside of the traditional modalities. There are ancient secrets and new teachings that are now being shared through teachers like Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha. His teachings combine the essence
of Western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine with ancient energy and spiritual healing secrets from China. The key principle is: Heal the soul first; then healing of the mind and body will follow. If you are a healing practitioner and wish to augment your healing abilities, or if you have been searching for a way to self-heal and to offer service to others, consider becoming a Divine Healing Hands Soul Healer. By receiving the Divine Healing Hands transmission, you are instantly empowered to offer soul healing blessings that carry divine frequency and vibration to serve yourself, your loved ones, your pets, your community, and more. Open to everyone, this certification program includes a 3-day workshop, online courses, teleclass training and ongoing support. Thousands of people worldwide have experienced the life-transforming power of Divine Healing Hands. Watch remarkable healing stories at www.youtube. com/zhigangsha. To apply for this extraordinary program, contact Master Lynda. Master Lynda Chaplin is a Worldwide Representative of Dr. and Master Sha. Join Master Lynda September 10-12 to experience Divine Healing Hands Blessings and for two weekend workshops to deepen your understanding of the power of soul—see ad (below) for details. Contact Master Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
Enter the Universe of Soul Over Matter Where real transformation and healing occur! Divine Healing Hands Blessings Evening
Friday, September 9, 7–9 pm | Love oﬀering $10 Thursday, September 22, 7–9 pm | Love oﬀering $10
Experience the frequency, vibration, and life-changing power of Divine Healing Hands blessings. You could be chosen for a soul healing demo!
Soul Over Matter Healing Day
Saturday, September 10, 10 am–6 pm | $60 + one guest pass New York Times Bestselling Author!
Experience soul healing blessings and practical techniques to transform any aspect of life. Healing blockages at the soul level brings new life to your being, creating a supportive environment for healing and transformation to occur.
Heal Your Life Through Forgiveness
Sunday, September 11, 10 am–6 pm | $60 + one guest pass Forgiveness and healing go together. Understand and experience the power of forgiveness to create greater abundance of all things good.
Divine Healing Hands Certification Workshop Friday–Sunday, September 23–25, 10 am–7 pm
Become a powerful Divine Soul Healer and be empowered to self-heal and help others to heal and transform health, emotions, relationships, finances, and more. Complements and augments all healing modalities.
Master Lynda Chaplin
Worldwide Representative of Dr. and Master Sha
Saint Paul University, Guigues Hall, 223 Main Street, Ottawa K1S 1C4
Meetup.com/SoulMindBodyWellness-Ottawa | Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa Master Lynda Chaplin | 647 654 7711 | Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
Looking Beyond the Horizon Chronic Fatigue & Acupuncture By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
his past summer I had the opportunity to take my family on a vacation to Portugal. While there, we decided to go explore some of the far away places where tourists don’t typically go to. This lead us to Cabo Saint Vincent which is Europe’s most south-westerly point. We were all taken aback by the ruggedness and the raw beauty that this landscape offered us. I was personally struck by the view of the Atlantic Ocean which seemed to end just beyond the horizon. I can easily understand how people thought for many centuries that the earth was flat and that one faced the certainty of falling into the abyss if one ventured beyond the horizon. Today we know differently. Unfortunately for many of us (yours truly included) at times we forget to look beyond the horizon when going after our goals. We get distracted and get caught up in the minutia of daily life and forget to keep focused on our ultimate goal. Self-doubt, self-criticism take over and, if left to fester, will totally derail us. You need to have the same conviction as the explorers who sailed past Cabo Saint Vincent centuries ago, knowing that something greater awaited them well beyond the horizon. Have faith in your convictions and have faith in your own personal abilities. Today, you might not have all the answers but rest assured that solutions will present themselves as you go after your goals. Dare to Dream! Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac atigue is a feeling that most of us have probably experienced at one time or another. Whether from stress, poor eating habits, sleep deprivation, overwork, or even medical treatments, fatigue often has a lot to do with our habits and routines, though it can sometimes be caused by an underlying medical condition. But sometimes in spite of what we do, fatigue can become an ongoing problem. In severe cases, it may be diagnosed as chronic fatigue syndrome, a complicated disorder without obvious onset or causes. Fatigue in Chinese Medicine (TCM) includes both chronic fatigue syndrome, and short-term or ongoing fatigue. Fatigue can be brought on by a number of factors. A hereditary weak constitution is one common cause, particularly in chronic fatigue syndrome. Lifestyle factors also contribute to fatigue, particularly overwork and eating habits. Overwork can mean either excessive mental or physical work of long hours with inadequate rest. This is a very common cause of fatigue in western societies, and in many cases rest is the only treatment needed. Physical overexertion is also a factor, which includes overexertion at work, as well as excessive exercising or sports activities. Again, this can become a problem when not allowing the body proper adequate rest. Improper diet is by far the most common cause of chronic fatigue. Irregular eating habits, eating poor-quality food, rich, greasy, fatty and even sometimes too much cold-raw foods, can all injure the spleen and stomach. All of these factors can develop weakness in one or more of the vital organs: lungs, spleen, kidney, liver and heart. There can be a deficiency of either qi, blood, yin, or yang of one or more of these organs. Whereas in western medicine, chronic fatigue syndrome is a difficult to understand syndrome with uncertain causes, in Chinese medicine chronic fatigue has well-understood causes, which explain why it may develop in some people and not others. This makes acupuncture is an effective option for people who suffer from fatigue with no relief, as acupuncture can produce positive results.
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
Protection from EMF Pollution
have discovered how to protect you and your family from EMF Pollution (Electrical Magnetic Fields) from smart meters, cell towers, Wi-Fi, and hotspots everywhere. It all started with Peter Webb from Kemptville, ON, who has been developing EMF Protection for over 30 years. Peter has been balancing farms all over North America with excellent success. When balancing a milking barn the cows give 25 to 35 more litres of milk. When they work on animals, they also work on humans. Feeling tired? Run down? Low energy? Stressed? A prisoner of your cell phone? It is time to to balance your world 24/7. Your protection starts with two EMF Balancers for the home, one Silver Bullet for your
• • • • • •
car, (take with you when you travel), Gold Energy Card or Plate with Zero Point Energy. Realigns your charkas and dissipates pain. ADR Disc for your iPhones, laptops, tablets and hand held phones. i.am.balanced. spriebe@ sympatico.ca • www.emffreezone. ca. Check out info on YouTube “Steve Priebe” EMF Balancers Cell Phone ADR Disks BACK TO SCHOOL SPECIAL Gold Energy Cards 2 House Balancers, 1 Car Balancer, 1 Water For Life System Energy Gold Card with Zero Point Soil Balancer Energy, Now $450 (reg. $575). Homes, Businesses, Cars All products have Zero Point Energy
Cell 613-795-8827 Steve Priebe Tel 613-842-4758 firstname.lastname@example.org www.emffreezone.ca HAVE A BALANCED DAY!
Energy Exchange Presentation 1st Friday of every month at the Ottawa Citizen Bldg. (behind Ikea) 7pm (by donation) Different Presenter every month. Hall is always balanced from EMF Pollution. Have A Balanced Month
Come Out and Feel The Difference
Turtle Pose (Kūrmāsana) story
he story of Kūrmāsana (Turtle pose) is an interesting story from Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam. Between demigods and demons there is always ongoing battle. Sometimes demigods are in the dominant position; sometimes demons occupy the dominant position. On one occasion the demigods suddenly lose their strength due to a curse by a short-tempered sage. The Earth will be destroyed if the situation continues. The demigods approach Viṣṇu, the Lord of Maintaining, for help. Viṣṇu then asks them to churn the ocean of milk to get the nectar of immortality. After drinking the nectar, demigods will revive their strength. The mountain Mandara can be used as the churning stick and the serpent Vāsuki as the churning rope to coil around the mountain. Viṣṇu requests demigods to ask help of the demons and work together lifting the mountain in exchange for a share of the nectar. Then, with great endeavor, demigods and demons begin pulling the snake in both directions. But during the churning the mountain sinks into the ocean and then Lord Viṣṇu takes the form of the turtle Kūrma and holds the mountain on his back. After a long-time of hard work the nectar of immortality comes out as promised. Self-inquiry from the story: The Divine will bear the huge burden for the benefit of the Earth. Can I take care of myself by taking responsibility for my own activities with strength? How can I guard my own life? We should know what we are doing, and why we do a certain thing. If we don’t have this consciousness then all the activities are just repetition of habits or we mechanically apply others experience which make ourselves to be robots. The best way to revive our consciousness is self-inquiry: what is the most important thing in my life? Who is the most important person in my life? How can I make my beloved happy? With this awareness and acting accordingly then we live with consciousness. Of course, when we choose, we need to know the effect. For example, if I choose to live in a big city, then I can not complain of the noise and pollution; if I choose to live in the country side, then I can not complain of the quiet and inconvenience. Maybe different stages of life have different choices. There is no wrong or right in the choice itself, but the result could be unbearable. Find the balance between our own wish and our own level of endurance, consider the result thoughtfully, and then take the suitable action. What we need is to be true to our Self and accept the worse. Since we all have to do something, let us act with consciousness. You will notice that guarding your own life is so interesting; every single moment is to
Wishingtree Yoga - Simply Yoga Rupa Manjari Devi Das 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training
www.wishingtreeyoga.ca be relished. Would you like to taste life with your own mind and consciousness? Welcome to Rupa’s Yoga and Meditation classes at Wishingtree Yoga. Rupa Manjari Devi Das (Ivy) has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom; her living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. The experience will let you understand this amazing scientific knowledge and give you practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat!
Join Rupa’s 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga / 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training. For more information, visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Ottawa September 2-5 Psychic Fair Best Western Bells Corners Fri 2-9, Sat 10-9, Sun 10-9, Mon 10-5 www.gypsygenevieve.com • 613-302-0680
PINE GATE IS OPEN
ine Gate is a Zen Buddhist community practicing Engaged Buddhism inspired by Thich Nhat Hanh, the Dalai Lama and Sulak Sivaraksa. It has created an engaged expression for peace, social justice and planetary care as the community is the nucleus of Friends for Peace. The coalition, with Pine Gate at the core, has since created annual events to celebrate peace, social justice and planetary care. The resident teacher is Dharmacharya Ian Prattis - True Body of Wisdom. Ian is a poet, scholar, peace and environmental activist. As a professor at Carleton University he taught courses on Ecology, Symbols, Globalization and Consciousness – reflected in his 2008 award winning book: Failsafe: Saving the Earth from Ourselves. He encourages people to find their true nature so that humanity and the world may be renewed. He has trained with masters in Buddhist, Vedic and Shamanic traditions. Pine Gate, located in the west end of Ottawa, had very modest beginnings. Inaugurated in 1997 following Ian’s return from teaching meditation in India, early gatherings featured Ian, his wife Carolyn, and their pets – Nikki the dog and Lady the cat. Since then it has blossomed into a vibrant community. In the summer of 2001 major renovations took place to the lower level of their home. A new meditation hall emerged from the dust and knocked down walls - the Pine Gate Meditation Hall. Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh provided a gift of calligraphy naming the Pine Gate Meditation Hall. This now hangs on the wall for all to see. The meditation hall has become a source of sanctuary for many friends. There are three seasons at Pine Gate – the Fall Study Session from September to December, the Winter Study Session from January to May, and the Lazy Days of Summer program from July to August. June is recess and quiet time.
Pine Gate Mindfulness Community Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh Silent Meditation 7pm – 8pm every Thursday Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7
First Saturdays – Day of Mindfulness 5pm – 8pm Contact 613 726 0881 • email@example.com http://ianprattis.com/PineGate/index.html https://www.facebook.com/pinegatesangha/ The bottom line at Pine Gate is the practice of Silent Meditation, Zen style, every Thursday evening from 7.00pm – 8.00pm with tea afterwards. The First Saturday of each month provides a Day of Mindfulness. A gathering for socialization, dharma and pot luck vegetarian supper, 5.00pm – 8.00pm. Dharma talks, discussion, mindfulness trainings recitations, sutra study, deep relaxation, Q & A, ceremonies and other practices. On occasions the supper will be a formal meal. The voice of the sangha can be heard through its quarterly Buddhist Journal – Pine Gate – which appears three times a year. Quirky! DIRECTIONS: In Ottawa, take Queensway to Woodroffe South exit; go to Baseline Rd; RT on Baseline; RT on Highgate (2nd lights) RT on Westbury; LT on Rideout and follow the Crescent round to 1252, which is always lit up with Christmas lights in the winter and full of flowers in the summer. Tel: 613 726 0881. Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue
• Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation
Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
For appointment and more information call
Rev. E. Stoddard
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Over 25 years experience
Children, Our Master Teachers By Rev. Roxanne Buckle, Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa
ave you ever marvelled at a child being present and content while playing at the park, drawing pictures, or eating a snack? Children can help us remember our Truth. Multitasking is something we learn, an ego-induced attempt to do more because of a fear of there not being enough. Young children don’t multi-task. Children haven’t learned limitations yet and they haven’t taken on the mistaken belief that they are not enough. Further, children don’t see race, or other people as separate from themselves, but rather as one giant family. Children can teach us about the purity and grandeur of life, and of course, self-love. A child is always in a state of awe and rests within an unknown and dynamic paradigm. Call it innocence if you will. Untouched by worldly belief constructs or the ego, their hearts are pure and they are completely free of “monkey mind”. To “become like little children” is to become open, trusting, joyful and loving, without the intellectual static we accumulate as our lives unfold. Children tend to live more from their hearts. It is at the same heart level that we can make the connection with Spirit, hence freedom. Raising children can provide us with some of the greatest challenges, and some of the greatest opportunities for spiritual growth. The first line of the book “Far From the Tree” by Andrew Solomon is “there is no such thing as reproduction”. In other words, as parents we are instructed not see the children in our lives as born in our image and likeness, but rather in THE image and likeness. We are called to uphold their divine qualities and honour their path. We don’t reproduce, we produce.
~ Sunday Celebration at 10:30 a.m. ~ Our Kids in Unity program welcomes children ages 3-12 for a joy-filled learning experience. ~ Join us for Coffee, tea, treats and fellowship after service. Location: The Good Companions Centre (670 Albert St) For more information go to unityottawa.org or call us 613-700-6489 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org We are an inclusive, joy-filled community celebrating Oneness.
(excepted from a Sunday lesson by Rev. Roxanne Buckle at Unityottawa.org)
All are Welcome!
Doctor of Tibetan Medicine
Emchi Shakya Dorje
1 416 762 2886
Ottawa Shambhala October 1 -3 Meditation Centre December 3 - 5 119 Ross Ave, Suite 102 TRAIN for a CAREER as a CERTIFIED
NUTRITIONAL PRACTITIONER! Earn a Diploma in Applied Holistic Nutrition • Achieve the accreditation of a Certified Nutritional Practitioner (C.N.P.) • Qualification for the professional designation of Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitionar (R.O.H.P.) • Full & Part-time programs
Heather Allen, CNP, 2014 Graduate
• Student Clinic
Next Semester Begins September 2016
Ottawa Campus, 613.680.9330
h Through ealt N lH
n Education itio utr
• Continuing Education
“The invaluable knowledge I gained at IHN gave me a true understanding of what it takes to create the beautiful portrait that is vibrant health.”
ating Opt Cre ima
• Professional Co-Op Placement
Emerald Plaza, 1547 Merivale Rd., suite 430, Nepean Ontario (Main Intersection is Merivale Road & Meadowlands Dr.)
www.instituteofholisticnutrition.com September 2016
Numerology Forecast for September 2016
9. Put a big effort into finishing your “to do” list and clear a path so that you can suck up a powerful new energy that is coming in October. Finish, excavate and prepare, only in Sept. There may be an ending or bit of drama that causes you to panic. Try to remain calm, clear the path and let it go.
dd the day of your birth to the month of your birth. Then you will add the number 9 for the month of September. NOTE – If you’re final number adds up to double digits, add the numbers together again, and again, if you have to, until you get a single number. If you still have trouble, email me at email@example.com Important note: This information is based on your current monthly cycle according to the laws of numerology. If you email me at (Lbaird@istar.ca) I will send you additional free information for the current year that you are in for 2016. Please send your day and month of birth. Free monthly newsletter also available.
1. Are you ready for changes? Now is the time. Plant new seeds and water the heck out of them. Finally, the past is behind you and you can advance, or… not? Take advantage of this critically important period. Big month, big time! 2. Patience is required. There may be a few delays and frustrations that create a large knot in your forehead. Find Zen early and stay there, no matter what. Pushiness pushes back. Relationships are the focus. 3. Renewal and healing are the focus for you in Sept. You may even consider this a time of “rebirth of self” after many life challenges. Take the final lick of your wounds and let the pain go. This period would also be ideal for selling, writing or promoting yourself, or your ideas. 4. I really hope that you experienced some down time in August, as Sept. squeezes you into a period that requires discipline, duty and productivity. Nose on the grindstone, my friend. Do it now, pay off later. Mind your health. 5. Stay loose as you will experience twists and turns on your path in Sept. Take advantage of new opportunities that come your way or look for them, now. Use the soft sell approach this month and you win. 6. Everyone needs a chunk of you in Sept. and you might feel that there is not enough “you” to go around. Pace yourself. Catch up on your house/ garden work and renos. Try to focus on any family issues that need to finally be resolved. 7. What has been rolling around in your head this year? Whatever it is, you cannot ignore it, now. Try to remain calm and get professional help if you are on the line. Water the plant called “me”, hard and frequently. 8. Are you being tested and evaluated this month? The chance of recognition or advancement is emphasized, so watch your posture. Career and money issues are in your face. Get ready to work hard and move ahead. Think harvest!
Laura Young is an Intuitive Numerologist and Core Belief Modification coach: Lbaird@istar. ca or call 613-725-7232. In-person (Ottawa, ON), Phone, facetime and skype sessions are available. wwwyourdaysarenumbered333.ca
Health Practitioner Profiles
By Germaine De Peralta any of us know the big guns in Ottawa’s healing community. We think of a particular healing modality and their names instantly come to mind. Yet, there are new, up-and-coming healers of various modalities who are just as gifted, unique and even cutting edge in the services they provide. Over the next few months, I will be featuring profiles of some of them including: • Jacinthe Gosselin is an Usui-Tibetan Holographic Reiki Master who specializes in “interdimensional healing.” Using Reiki and strong intuition, she deep dives into a client’s soul to help them discover their spiritual purpose or “cosmic contracts.” She also crafts crystal necklaces supportive of clients’ issues. Tel: 613-74-63 or firstname.lastname@example.org • Angel D’Oust helps clients develop their psychic abilities, creativity and inner guidance through Light Body Upgrades and Shamanic Journeying with crystals. Her focus is on self-awareness. Angel also helps other healers develop their skills. Contact: angel@ wingsofillumination.ca • France Girard - Using the revolutionary Feldenkrais Method, France teaches clients how to reduce unnecessary muscular effort and improve her client’s awareness of their whole self in action. Emphasis on sensory learning results in freer and more flexible movements. Contact: email@example.com or see www.feldenkrais.com/whatis • Germaine De Peralta is a Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master that marries the higher energetic frequencies of both Reiki with Crystal Healing for more empowered sessions. She teaches meditation and is a mindfulness-self compassion coach, believing that being grounded, aware and at peace is the basis for effective living. Contact: germaine_de_peralta@yahoo. com or 613-697-3105.
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops Enter The Universe Of Soul Over Matter Where real transformation and healing occur!
Quantum-Touch® Therapy Level I Certificate Training Weekend Saturday and Sunday, September 24th and 25th, 2016, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna firstname.lastname@example.org or Aileen’s Oasis www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272 or by cell at 613-795-3751 In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. In fact, by the time you have your lunch break on the first day, you will have created amazing results. You will be learning from the first Canadian QuantumTouch Instructor, with an amazing record.
Intro to Christian Meditation Wednesday evenings: Oct 5,12,19 7p.m. How to Meditate John Main The Christian Tradition The Wheel of Prayer Leaving Self Behind Fruits of Meditation In the Scavi of St. Patrick’s Basilica 281 Nepean Street, Ottawa Email: email@example.com
Divine Healing Hands Evening Friday, September 9, 7 – 9 pm • Love offering $10 Thursday, September 22, 7 – 9 pm • Love offering $10 An evening of soul healing blessings to transform any aspect of your life with the frequency of divine love and light. Experience the life-changing power of Divine Healing Hands. You could be chosen as a healing demo! Soul Over Matter Healing Day Saturday, September 10, 10 am – 6 pm • $60 + one guest pass Experience soul healing blessings and practical techniques to transform any aspect of your life. Healing blockages at the soul level brings new life to your being, creating a supportive environment for healing and transformation to occur. Heal Your Life through Forgiveness Sunday, September 11, 10 am – 6 pm • $60 + one guest pass Forgiveness and healing go together. Understand how forgiveness can truly transform the challenges in your life. To practice the power of forgiveness is to open the door to create greater abundance of all things good. Divine Healing Hands Certification Training Workshop Friday-Sunday, September 23–25, 10 am – 7 pm Become a powerful Divine Soul Healer and be empowered to self-heal and help others to heal and transform health, emotions, relationships, finances, and more. Complements and augments all healing modalities. Location St. Paul University 223 Main Street, Guigues Hall Ottawa K1S 1C4 The Song of Sound will focus on unlocking our authentic singing and speaking voices and uncovering our heart’s song. Over the course of the 8 weeks we will explore proper breathing techniques, body awareness, vocal play and improv, vocal experimentation using various themes, exploring the vocal palette such as timbre, loudness and shaping of sound. We will explore singing alone and with the group. This workshop is perfect for anyone wanting to explore the depths of their voice and the power and healing that lies within the voice.
Information Master Lynda Chaplin 647.654.7711 Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com Meetup.com/SoulMindBodyWellness-Ottawa Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa
By Christina Karamalis must have been 18 at the time I had a dream of my Spirit Guide. I dreamt of a Beast like man, half human, half lion, like Adam from Beauty and the Beast. I felt very comfortable around his energy. I have a faded memory of walking and talking to him. I mentioned my dream to a co-worker that suggested he might be my Spirit Guide, “They say that sometimes they come in animal forms.” I didn’t know anything at that time about Spirit Guides, and so I headed to my local new age shop to find out more information. Although I had given him a name and a face, I knew my Spirit Guide was not the Lion man I had envisioned. And it wasn’t until 15 years after that dream that I once again started to have questions about my Guides. Following along on guided meditations, I would ask to see his face, and he would continuously show me the face of a lion. The feeling that came with it was, “It’s good you know I am not a lion, and I don’t want to confuse you, but for now I will continue to show you the image of the lion until you are ready”. There were other times I was doing guided meditations and I would see a Tibetan monk. But I knew in my heart that the Monk was not my Lion man. This seemed to really confuse me. How many guides did I actually have? I was thinking with my left brain and I needed an image to validate my curiosity, to put a face to my Spirit friend. I didn’t get the image I was hoping for until years later. What I did get instead, was a long spiritual scenic route to uncover or unfold lots of treasures deep within my heart. So, I accepted the image and symbol of the lion that I was given, and continued to be open to receiving his guidance. “You are going to draw your Spirit Guide,” I was told by one of my tutors at the Arthur Findlay College during a reading that included a drawing. I did not receive a drawing during that reading, and was told I was the one meant to draw him. And indeed I did, the time came when I was inspired to work on a Spirit Healer and I drew him, and knew. It was unexpected and wonderful. It came with a deep inner knowing, and I was filled with joy.
There was something important I had to learn, and he was making sure I had all the tools I needed. As a Spirit Artist, I had to learn to feel into spirit energy to learn to draw it. I had to learn different ways our Spirit Guides communicate and impart information. And I wouldn’t have known this, had I received the image of my Guide that I was hoping for many years before. The same goes for my Spirit Portraits; it takes a lot of energy and blending mechanics in order to be able to draw loved ones in Spirit. They were teaching me, a little bit at a time. There would be no purpose to explore, to learn, if we always were given the answers and we didn’t live through them. The same can be said about life, it’s not about the final destination, as it is about the journey of discovery. Please don’t underestimate the power of Spirit. They are aware of the effort you are putting in your spiritual development and if you are trying to connect with them, they will guide you. You can try what Gordon Smith calls “calling cards”, where you sit quietly for meditation, and ask your guides to step into your energy, and then ask them to step out. Try that several times. Perhaps the first time you do this, you might not feel anything. It might take several times until you do, but eventually you will feel something. Could be something lightly touching your ear, or the top of your head. Everyone’s experience is different, with time and dedication, you can learn to communicate with your Spirit team. As for my Guide the Monk, he’s still there, and he’s joined with many others, as I continue to grow and connect with them, they each come with their own signature “calling card”.
This article was written by Christina Karamalis (Lovely Lotus), a Spirit Artist and Medium from Montreal. Christina is available for Skype readings, to contact please send email to lovelylotusmedium@ gmail.com, visit her website www.lovelylotus.ca or visit her Facebook Page, Lovely Lotus Spirit Artist. Please subscribe to her website to learn more about her spiritual journey and events.
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor
ast week I had to smile after reading “Karma is Real” on a T-shirt. Eastern philosophy explains karma as consequences of good and bad deeds which attach us to the earth plane. These energetic “imprints” of deeds performed out of ego follow us through lifetimes and generations, inclining us to more of the same. To become free or enlightened according to this philosophy, one must clear all karma, good and bad—although it is generally less painful to resolve positive karma than negative. Easier said than done. The pull of nature is stronger than simple intentions; the mind needs to be trained to focus deeply, breathing into and releasing our stories. Faith becomes an essential quality to cultivate as we sink down through the onion layers and lose our bearings until we hit the clear patches. It’s no wonder that Eastern scriptures speak of millions of lifetimes to attain union with Source! However, during these current times we are fortunate to have information and techniques that have not usually been available to the average person. Sacred scriptures are translated into common languages and spiritual teachers are willing to teach anyone who is interested in learning and practicing. Yoga, meditation and energetic methods applied to healing can gradually at first and then more intensively dissolve layers of karma (also known as baggage). It is not a process for the timid and can be profoundly difficult. For this reason, it is vital that one’s teacher or practitioner be experienced and ethical to avoid blowing our energetic and nervous fuses. Slower is generally faster, gentle generally more effective than harsh. There are windows in life when it is easier to let go of one’s karma. Dying is one of those times and there fore precious. The wonderful thing about Eastern philosophy is that it teaches that all of us will eventually come to peace when we have had enough experiences and are tired of the drama.
Katherine Willow N.D. runs the Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre where we offer gentle programs to support each other in our healing journeys. Sign up at www. ecowellness.com for updates.
613-839-1198 • www.ecowellness.com 2EXYVSTEXLMG1IHMGMRI Dr. Marcin Padlewski ND ;IIOP]1IHMXEXMSR4VEGXMGI Thursdays 8-9am drop-in/by donation /YRHEPMRM=SKESZIV0YRGL Tuesdays 12-1, $15 or $100/10 6IMOM4VEGXMGI%XXYRIQIRXW 7LEVIW Mondays 7-9pm RSVP 1SRXLP]2(+VSYT starting Sept. 13th 9-10:30am Health Tips, Questions & Answers $20 Drop-in ,S[XS“0IXKSSJ7XVIWW” ;SVOWLSTF]0MWE/STMP Sept. 13th and Oct. 11th %VSQE8SYGL8LIVET]ERH 'PEWWIWSR)WWIRXMEP3MPW[MXL 0]RRI.IROMRW TBA 0SGEP,IVF'SYVWIW Sept. 16th – Burdock Sept. 23rd Wild Parsnip 6IPEXMSREP'PIEVMRK,IEPMRK %GXMZEXMSR)ZIRMRK Sept. 21st 6IPEXMSREP'PIEVMRK Level 1 Oct 1st, 9:30am-4pm 2EXYVI4VSKVEQWJSV%PP%KIW Please check our website for updates
Bowen Therapy for H T
he start of a new season can bring many changes, this being especially true for the start of autumn. For many, this means adapting to physical, environmental, emotional and/or lifestyle changes. Many people find these to be stress-inducing, often resulting in numerous unwanted side-effects. Others deal with allergies, while some prepare to be physically active with fall and winter activities. Bowen Therapy, the next generation of bodywork, can treat these and many other health issues.
If you are having trouble resolving these or other concerns, then it is time to consider Bowen Therapy, a gentle, hands-on technique that relaxes and stimulates the body to heal itself. Precise sets of moves over soft tissue stimulate the body to rebalance so that the selfhealing mechanisms can more effectively work. To learn more about this non-invasive therapy, visit www. bowtech.com. To see how other people have been helped with Bowen Therapy, read these testimonials.
Introduction to Bowen Therapy, a free two-hour presentation will be held on July 24th from 6-8pm at the Village Clinic, 361 Churchill Ave., Westboro Includes lecture, demonstration and discussion of the training program. RSVP is required to register. Bowen Therapy training program will be offered in Ottawa starting in September 2016. Info: www.bowentrainingacademy.com for information and registration or contact Janet Riley at 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org Janet is an internationally licensed Bowenwork® instructor with the Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia
Knee Injury “A fall in my garden left me with a torn meniscus and after a MRI, I was told I would need a knee replacement. Over the course of a few months, I lost mobility to the degree of having to use a cane. My lower back, hips, calf muscles and ankles were affected. I started weekly Bowen sessions and over the course of three months, I could walk without the cane. I no longer have the hip pain, back issues, calf muscle cramping or ankle pain. I have my mobility back and have improved to the point of now being able to do Tai Chi and yoga classes. I believe the knee replacement is far in my future, if at all.” L.A. Chronic Pain and Injuries “I fractured my back in 1995, developed arthritis in my knee and I’ve had digestive problems most of my life. Over the past 18 years, I have tried various healing modalities. Nothing helped much, or only temporarily (band aid). Since having Bowen treatments, I’ve seen great improvements in my body: shoulders and hips are level, posture and knees have improved, no more back pain, my digestive system has improved tremendously, and my bowels are working much better.” L., 85 Stress “I originally sought Bowen Therapy for a physical issue - and it was indeed resolved. A great side-effect though that I’ve been enjoying is a wonderful sense of emotional wellbeing - a lightness of spirit, etc. Cannot recommend Bowen Therapy enough!” B.R.
Health and Well-Being Autism “There has been great success since Bowen Therapy began. The staff has noticed the individuals are happier overall with a decrease in meltdowns. After a session of Bowen, they are more relaxed, settled and de-stressed. Some have stopped bedwetting, can walk straighter and have much better posture. When the individuals are completing their work, they seem a lot more focused and eager to complete the task.” S.K., Day Program Supervisor Post Traumatic Stress Disorder “I suffer from PTSD and after one Bowen session, my entire muscular system was able to completely relax. What an incredible and emotional relief. As someone surviving with PTSD and its many symptoms for the past four years, this is such an accomplishment. My doctor found my cortisol levels extremely high and my hormonal system unstable. So the practitioner treated my adrenals and much to my doctor’s astonishment, new tests revealed my levels normal and my anxiety has lessened. I have also noticed my fibromyalgia symptoms have reduced.” L.R.
Carolynne Doucette, BPhEd Certiﬁed Advanced Bowen Practitioner Web: www.TheBowenApproach.ca
Diverticulitis “The first time I had a bout of diverticulitis, I spent hours in the hospital and then took two antibiotics for 10 days. It took several days for the pain to start to diminish. The last two times, I went for one Bowen Therapy treatment and was pain free within 24 hours. The pain was still there right after the treatment, but subsided substantially by morning, much less that afternoon and totally gone by the following morning.” M.B. Neck Pain “I am a natural-born skeptic. So when I developed a persistent neck pain, I sought relief from traditional sources: medical doctors (including a neurologist), physiotherapists, massage therapists, and chiropractors. Nothing worked. Finally, I had three weekly sessions of Bowen Therapy. Two weeks after the sessions ended, I noticed the neck pain was gone. Better yet, it has stayed gone for the last two years!`` J.F. Bedwetting “Bowen has made all the difference for our 12 year old son. After just four Bowen sessions, he went from wetting the bed two to three times per week to once every two weeks and it continues to improve.” C.P.
Fatigue “I was suffering from unexplained dizziness, brain fog, fatigue, low mood and hives. I had never done Bowen before and I didn’t know what to expect but it was a very relaxing experience. It took a couple sessions for me to start noticing the first results: I had more energy and more importantly I started to feel hopeful again. After the fourth session, my hives completely cleared up.” C.F.
There’s a Bowen Therapy practitioner near you! www.Facebook.com/BowenTherapyOttawaRegion
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. FRIENDS OF JUNG OTTAWA: present / appreciate / share ideas of C.G. Jung. Monthly, 2nd Saturday, 2 pm. Please email email@example.com or see https://friendsjungottawa.wordpress.com
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal
the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting AMBITION ACCOUNTING – Bilingual Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CGA) with over 14 years of experience, providing bookkeeping, cash management, financial reporting and advice, budgeting and forecasting as well as strategic planning. Contact Jonathan at (613) 620-9965. www.AmbitionAccounting.ca
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor, Destiny Card Readings. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your
home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com HEALING ANGELS OF THE ENERGY FIELD, Integrated Energy Therapy-Master Instructor and Journey Practitioner. Learn how to connect with your angels and be the best you can be. Contact Susan at 613-220-6551 or email me at email@example.com
• Archetypal Energies USING ENERGIES BEHIND 2 DIMENSIONAL SYMBOLS...runes and much more...for growth & development. Group & individual sessions. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, email@example.com 11TH HOUSE ASTROLOGY GROUP, open to all levels, to exchange & learn, 2nd Monday of month (Sept.-June), 61 Main St. Ottawa. Info: 613-821-4839. INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org ASTROADVICE.CA – Enjoy Free Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Astrology Horoscopes. Order Your Personalized Reading and Get Your Questions Answered. Visit AstroAdvice.ca
DIRECTORY • Aura Photography Full body & chakra AURA PHOTOGRAPHY & Energy Clearing. Call: 613-699-7238 or click www.ReikiWithSusan.ca
• Ayurveda SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613415-1139 email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
IN RENOVATED CHURCH with attached Spa: Use of Hot tubs, Cold Tub, FAR Infrared & Finnish Saunas included in B&B price. Massage/Reiki available. Lanark: 613-2599988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com
• Bookkeeping BOOKKEEPING SERVICES for Small Businesses, Non-Profit Org. Practical Accounting for Health and Wellness Practitioners. Bilingual Services, Free Consultation. More than 35 years of experience. Please contact Lucie at 514-7556570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bowen Therapy BOWENTHERAPY OTTAWA Bette Madigan. www.BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) Mother Earth Natural Health Store, 747 Richmond Rd. Insurance receipts available. Call 613-7224249 or e-mail email@example.com THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org BOWENWORKS OF KINGSTON, Andrée Boisvert, Certified Bowenwork® Practitioner, 920 Princess St., Suite 105, Kingston, 613331-3625, email@example.com www.abholistichealth.com NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis - True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing
TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716
THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arcange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited
Appointments – 613 649-8245 donna@ rainbow-lady.com www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email email@example.com DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 KATHERINE ARNUP PhD. Helping you navigate life’s transitions and challenges. Whether you are facing retirement, divorce, or an unexpected loss, I can help you overcome your fears and embrace your life with courage and passion. Expertise in dealing with illness, aging, death and dying. Contact me at katherine@ lifechangescoaching.ca for a free 1/2 hour session. http://www.lifechangescoaching.ca ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and
stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 firstname.lastname@example.org ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613295-9987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling. ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 EXPLORING THE POWERS OF THE MIND What are the tendencies of the mind? How can it be directed to be a supportive companion through the journey of grief? In this workshop you will explore practices including visualization, breathing techniques, concentration and reflection - to help you understand the mind’s powers and expansive possibilities. This workshop will be offered by Swami Matananda, for Bereaved Families of Ottawa in partnership with Yasodhara Ashram. REGISTRATION REQUIRED Wednesday, October 28th, 6:30 - 8:30 pm 211 Bronson Ave $30 contact: outreach@ bfo-ottawa.org. HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl
toning. For women, female youth,and children only.www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe,supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 email@example.com
THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT At the CSNSD we offer you success as a Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner, a Certified Personal Reiki Practitioner, an Intuitive Counselor or Energy Therapist. You can even become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist. Also gain hours towards your A.N.N. membership through us! Have a look and Re-Ignite Your Life! www.canadiannaturotherapies.com 819-328-9128
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTORY • Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | Online Crystal Store and Retail Location | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | 2-Yr CrystalShamanic Certificate Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 613-470-1888 karen@ ascensionhealing.ca | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dance BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification IONCLEANSE FOOT BATH with support for the ongoing process of detoxing. $40.00 (incl HST) Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987 AVALON ENERGY HEALING offers empowering and therapeutic in-person and distance sessions using Reiki, Integrated Energy Therapy (IET), Therapeutic Touch, Pranic Healing. Workshops for IET Certification Training: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced Levels. Contact Lori Ann (IET Master-Instructor) at www. avalonenergyhealing.com or 613-869-4859. RELEASE THE PHYSICAL, mental & emotional root blocks/stresses/traumas. Regenerate, accelerate physical healing, get guidance from your spirit guides and more… To experience a unique energy healing session with Monica please Email to contact@ monicadumont.com or call 613-864-4724 www.monicadumont.com
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custommade foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.spineandfoot.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
DIRECTORY • Herbalism ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-6121181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www.nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com.
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessive-compulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials &
free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888390-3553 firstname.lastname@example.org MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson. com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist who will guide you to become who you wish to be...Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified
Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE & HOT STONE MASSAGE- Professional practitioner and instructor certification programs. www.centreforholistictherapies.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Energy Counselling INTUITIVE ENERGY THERAPY & TRAININGS. Happiness and Health are yours! I invite you to www.intuitivelight.com for further information. Cheryl Driskell 819-328-9128
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico. ca 819 827-2579 LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 SUZANNE WHITE Bilingual Psychic/Medium, Card & Photo Readings, Dowsing, Psychometry and House Clearing. 343-8826559 firstname.lastname@example.org www.suesintuition.ca
DIRECTORY INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367 MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 GOT A NEED? HAVE A PROBLEM? LET ME SERVE YOU. Derek Van Der Light. Shaman, Teacher & Exorcist. Call or Text: (613) 252-7509. Email: derek. email@example.com Blog: http:// derekvanderlight.wordpress.com RUNE READINGS BY WILLOW-MARIE POWER For the turning points in your life when understanding the reasons behind your choices, passions and creativity make all the difference. Those times when you need to know what you really want and what matters most. I offer in-depth, hour-long readings (gift certificates also available). To schedule an appointment email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-604-5086
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens
to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Live Cell Microscopy
LIVE CELL MICROSCOPY. Heal yourself at the cellular level. View red and white blood cell health, and contents of the blood stream. www.aliveandwellness.ca
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427 MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT,
Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca RIDEAU MASSAGE THERAPY - Feeling stress, pain,or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Free Parking. 418 Rideau St. 613-241-3434. More info at www.lorirmt.ca or contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com MAITLAND MASSAGE THERAPY: a healing company.Online booking. www.MaitlandMassage. ca Free parking. Melanie Ransom, RMT, BHSc. 878 Maitland Ave. 613-722-6423 RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. OTTAWA SHIATSU. Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415. www.ottawashiatsu.com
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com
DIRECTORY ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. email@example.com 1 800 226 4428 CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org BRIDGE THE MEDITATIVE PROCESS with daily living using tools & techniques.Nancy 613-596.0260 email@example.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Vanier WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org, http:// bit.ly/TwinHearts SAHAJA YOGA MEDITATION. Awaken your Kundalini energy to balance you, connect you to cosmic consciousness, and bring about your spiritual rebirth. Visit us at freemeditation.com or sahajayoga.ca. Saturdays 3:00 pm Ottawa Public Library 120 Metcalfe (FREE) MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. email@example.com; 613-842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression TAKE A JOURNEY and heal energy blocks at a soul level. To book your session with Monica please Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-864-4724. www.monicadumont.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, email@example.com, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:30-11:00am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@gmail.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Jan. 16, 9:30noon Free Seminar; May 13-15 Retreat; June 4-5 Transposing and Mapping; July 9, 9:30 -noon Free Seminar; July 9-10 Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
DIRECTORY • Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail email@example.com and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. firstname.lastname@example.org Visit: www.TheReconnection.com ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma. com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com CATHERINE BASTEDO HOLOGRAPHICUSUI REIKI MASTER; Karuna Reiki® Master. Personalized classes in English or French; Reiki Master/Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. 819-918-3436. firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com
ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com
PESI SHROFF Traditional Usui Reiki Master/ Teacher & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins are committed to self-empower individuals who commit themselves to healing & personal growth. They offer Hands-on & Long Distance Reiki Treatments; Reiki Level I & II courses & Reiki Masters. Reiki is used for: Pain, Stress & Chronic Medical Condition Management; Anti-aging & Health maintenance; Improving Immunity, and more. Also See Workshops section. Visit www.zgoldenlight.com; Pesi: 613 829 0224; Lise: 613 795 1469; firstname.lastname@example.org “Empowering one person at a time”
GREAT FOR STRESS, relaxation and general well-being. $40.00 Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com
ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com
3 in 1 BASED ON USUI METHOD. New and all levels welcome (individual & small classes) Nancy 613-596-0260 stonetreehaven@yahoo. com
REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca
LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004
REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Reiki Master. 1 hour Circa 1894 Day Spa visit included in treatment price. Lanark. 613-259-9988. Circa1894.ca
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
DIRECTORY • Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836 GORGEOUS ‘VIOLET FLAME HEALING ROOM’ available at Green Spirit, a cosy, high vibration spiritual store located at 5558 Manotick Main St in Manotick. Very reasonable rates. Flexible schedules can be accommodated. Various forms of advertising included.
• Schools ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Yr Crystal-Shamanic Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | EOV (Extra Ocular Vision) | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s School of Remembering & more… 613-470-1888 | email@example.com www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Certificate Crystal Shamanic-Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient Arts | 613-470-1888 | karen@ ascensionhealing.cawww.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982 SHAMANIC ENERGY WORK IN PERSON OR AT A DISTANCE for physical, emotional and spiritual healing and well-being. Also animal totem workshops. Janice Land (613) 834-6677. www.journeytoinnerhealing.com CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Practitioner, Reiki Master, IET®, Energy clearing & balancing for mind and body. Crystal layouts & grids. In person or distance, summary provided for distance. Contact: Brigitta at crystalspiritowl@ gmail.com or 613-355-1832
• Shiatsu OTTAWA SHIATSU Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415 www.ottawashiatsu.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556. SOUND THERAPY WITH FIBONACCI & SOLFEGGIO TUNING FORKS. Expand your consciousness and promote healing on all levels of your being, across all dimensions. Bring your soul back into perfect alignment with its own ‘song’! Contact Kay Aveling at Green Spirit in Manotick, 613 692 5151 or 613 795 1970.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at email@example.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. email@example.com
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thai Massage HOT TUBS, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas & more. By the hour, ½ day or day. Massage/Reiki/B&B attached. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. email@example.com 613-820-8850.
LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St. 613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Therapies & Healing PAST LIVES AND KARMIC HEALING. Through deep meditation reconnect with your past lives to heal hold wounds and free yourself from karmic links. Nathalie Hillman in Gatineau, French
DIRECTORY or English. email@example.com 819-930-2290 reprisedememoires.com
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org DO YOU WONDER IF THINGS ARE EVER GOING TO LIGHTEN UP... or if anyone can help? Experienced, compassionate, intuitive, adept at clearing the way. Several methods tailored to your situation and needs. 45-minute appointments; central, phone sessions. Lynda Anderson email@example.com
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-236-5758. MINIMEWEBSITES.COM Affordable websites, banners. Free Consultation: 613-824-9348 WEBSITESBYDARLENE.COM - One small business helping another. From $250. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 email@example.com
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at aileen@ aileensoasis.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION, SelfEmpowerment, Counseling & Developmental Workshops by Reiki Master Pesi Shroff & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins: Bring about the Paradigm Shift from a mindcentered to a heart-centered approach. Workshops: 1) Letting go of False Ego; 2) Releasing Self-limiting Thoughts; 3) Releasing Unpleasant states - Fear, Anger, Frustration, etc; 4) Forgiveness, the Easy Way; 5) Energetically Harmonizing Your Relationships; 6) Energetically Quietening Your Mind. Also see Reiki section. Visit www. zgoldenlight.com; 613 829 0224; 613 795 1469; firstname.lastname@example.org “Empowering one person at a time” SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www. spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact email@example.com
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email email@example.com. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS with an esoteric approach using hypnosis and NLP. For more info visit www. TheSuccessRoom.ca or call 613.699.4555 Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX.COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 WORKSHOP SPACE AVAILABLE days and evenings. Maximum 25 people. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836
• Yoga RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE Are you stressed? Anxious? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? We’ve got you covered. With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles
there is something for everyone (sometimes even soup!).Come shop, socialize, sip on our house tea, read from our community library or drop off a food bank donation. Can’t afford yoga rates? Let’s talk. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation, like we said, we’ve got you covered, because yoga is for everyone With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation. www.ottawayoga.com 613.234.7974 342 Gladstone Ave YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other props, DVDs, CDs. Complimentary tea after each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-3046320, www.yogaandtea.com SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor WISHINGTREE YOGA CENTRE -- Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca LA TROPIQUA CAFÉ-Lounge, Yoga Studio and Spa, a new and innovative gem at 1292 Wellington St. West. An oasis for relaxation and healthy living. Contact: 613-695-CALM (2256) YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
Hypnotherapy That Works
• For Sale
ZYTO ELITE HEALTH ASSESSMENT device for sale…Fully updated and new. Asking $8K. Paid $12K USD. Email: email@example.com or call 613.697.0140 www.Zyto.com for more info about device.
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
• Shared Accomodation
SPIRITUALLY ORIENTED WOMAN LOOKING TO CREATE A BEAUTIFUL RETREAT-LIKE HOME WITH SIMILARLY INCLINED OTHERS Please contact Teri: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
819.319.6162 www.essences.ca email@example.com
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
POUR VOTRE SANTÉ ÉMOTIONNELLE FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL HEALTH
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
Présidente | President Coach de vie, médiatrice Life Coach, Mediator
Your Touch Do not lose your talent unique to you by letting it die, mouldering in the dust – your own creativity that sets you apart from others. Practice it daily and fervently. Leave your trace on everything you touch. Susan Rondeau Lecorre
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Spiritual thoughts during a co-ed fitness class By LW Oakley
attend HOT YOGA class in a dark, quiet, heated room. The heat makes your body work harder and become more flexible. But for me, the darkness and the quiet of hot yoga is not about controlling your body. It’s about calming your mind. I realized this during a warrior two pose when I looked more closely at the three pictures on the studio wall. I focused on a photo of a woman in the triangle pose over looking some water. “That’s what a quiet mind looks like.” I said to myself. But it’s not the pose, or the woman posing that I’m referring to. It’s the flat calm surface of the water. It looks still and deep. The world around the water reflects on its surface. I hear Aaron, the instructor say, “keep breathing deeply through your nose, and back out again.” I think of a gentle breeze moving across the surface of a still pond, making small ripples that move from one end of the pond to the other. When the ripples reach the far end they return again, and slowly disappear. The pond is my mind, and the ripples are my thoughts. LW Oakley works out at Goodlife in Kingston, Ontario and is the author of Inside The Wild, and Inside The Wild 2.
n emerging new paradigm is the significance of oral health to total health and your longevity. “Preventive Dentistry can extend your lifespan by 10 years.” Dr. Charles Mayo Dr. Mayo really had only an inkling of how powerful the new paradigm ”longevity dentistry“ (see medicaldentistry.ca) would become. Tooth and gum infections are rampant still and they can infect your bloodstream with dangerous bacteria that could cause heart disease or strokes and about 12 other infections. A bad bite and sleep bruxism distresses your airway possibly leading to sleep apnea, your trigeminal nerve can be compressed to cause migraines or head and neck pain and your jaw joints can be compromised and this can also cause further headaches, earaches and movement disorders. Now there are special diagnostic lights to help detect cancer of the mouth much earlier than simple visual diagnosis. One system is called the velscope and it only takes a few moments to scan with this new early cancer scanning aid. Another great presidential physician by the name of Alexander Leeds reiterated the comments of Dr. Charles Mayo. Dr. Leeds said “Starting this treatment in middle age could add ten years to your lifespan.” So in summary good oral health can very positively improve and affect your overall health. For example Good Oral Health can: 1 Reduce bacteria count in your blood stream 2 Improve airway and increase oxygen content of blood stream via the newer methods of Airway Orthodontics. 3 Decrease snoring and sleep apnea risk from a repositioned lower jaw and a well-expanded upper jaw. 4 Reduce sleep bruxism or night-time clenching and grinding with special orthotics or appliances to
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location
Dolphin Dentistry Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com email@example.com 5 Reduce head, neck and ear pain by creating better bite jaw muscle jaw joint and head and neck balance. 6 Improve overall medical diagnosis and assessment ie. new saliva or spit test to test hormonal levels and to test for breast cancer. 7 Be a source of stem or progenitor cells via saved baby teeth for future unseen medical needs such as regenerating a kidney! Yes you read correctly. Stem cells from specially preserved baby teeth and wisdom tooth developmental sacs will some day be able to do this. 8 Improved chewing and food mastication and coaching on improved nutrition that will improve your resistance to cancer and all other oral diseases. 9 Less gum disease means less inflammation and improved breath and more social acceptance among not only our peers but more importantly the opposite sex! 10 As mentioned we now have faster more accurate oral cancer screening systems. The key is to diagnose cancers earlier and start treatment earlier. Thus in the 21st century longevity dentistry or a good, healthy smile will be recognized as a major factor in personal health and longevity and personal success.
their practice, means that results can happen faster, and in some cases, they can have results they could not have expected from massage alone. And I have students who have come from totally different backgrounds, perhaps they have retired from Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch Therapy a different career, and are looking for a skill that can provide for them a new career that will not have a Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach particular end point, nor will it take Recently I was required to choose a a major tole on their physical and name for my professional FaceBook mental health. page, so I took the word I have Quantum-Touch seems to provide often used in the context of results positive answers to these needs. I witness in my work and that is I just love these students, They of ‘Extraordinary’ wellness. I’ve bring with them curiosity, high experienced these results in my own level interest, and a dedication that life, in all aspects of my life, and In Ottawa area serving Ontario & I’m always delighted to witness. I’ve witnessed these similar results Western Quebec Students seem to be attaining higher in clients over the years, from those of results these days, then who initially approached me as the AILEEN MCKENNA levels previously experienced. result of severe pain for many years Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner I am offering my next Quantumfollowing an accident of some sort, Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Touch Therapy Level I training on and numerous surgeries to others Associate Polarity Practitioner the weekend of September 24th/25th, who have come to me in the final Certified Aromatherapist 2016. You will be astonished at how stages of cancer, who find a way to powerful this training is, how easy experience a level of wellbeing they AILEEN’S OASIS it is to learn, and the results you would never have expected for the 613-228-2272 witness on the first morning of the remaining months of their lives. 613-795-3751 course. firstname.lastname@example.org It doesn’t mean that these clients email@example.com are going to live forever, neither Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified www.aileensoasis.com does it mean that they will never QT Instructor and Practitioner, www.quantumtouch.com again feel a pain, nor have any certified as the first Canadian discomfort, but what it does mean instructor in June 2004. She has is that all the physical and emotional pain they carry taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in from their earliest years, will be healed and the energy the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients of these injuries will be released from their bodies and annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has spirits, and they will live as long as they do with an been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for extraordinary attitude, extraordinary energy, creativity, more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and inspired presence in all aspects. and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® I’m also witnessing the students who come to this therapy. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail work from many different backgrounds. Often they at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can check out come from the world of massage therapy, and they take her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at the Quantum-Touch Level I class to obtain continuing www.wellnessunlimited.ca and the Quantum-Touch ed credits, or they may have realized that adding QT to website at www.quantumtouch.com
Experiencing Extraordinary Wellness through Quantum-Touch Therapy
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
What Is Ascension and How to Prepare For It Rev. Sherry Harris, psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher, healer
very 26,000 years we have a planetary ascension; every 260,000 years we have a universal ascension where not only our planet but our entire galaxy and universe moves up a dimension. In our case, we on Earth will be moving from 3rd dimension, 3rd subset level to 5th dimension. It will be an individual choice for each one of us. The height of the activity is focused in the 50 years between 1987 and 2037 with Dec. 21, 2012 being the midpoint. To ascend to 5th dimension or stay on earth in 3rd is a decision each one of us made before we came in. Either way we will continue to grow and learn the lessons we contracted with our soul before incarnation. Third dimensional earth will continue to be fraught with conflict and destruction. Fifth dimensional earth is called Terra and those who choose to go there will experience clairvoyance, telepathy, a release of Karma, a more light filled physical body, love, kindness, compassion and a sense of acceptance that comes from not only knowing your own life mission but everyone else’s as well. As there will be transparency, no one will have anything to hide and truth will prevail. Each individual will be working on there own spiritual advancement and not be concerned with the choices of others. We will all be service to other beings while at the same time focusing on our own spiritual advancement. Life will be lived in the now as we all have realized that time is an illusion. From the soul level which is your higher self, there is no right or wrong, good or bad, only learning. We may learn from our ego path or the essence path. If you choose the ego path the learning will be challenging, slow and difficult, but it will happen. If you choose the essence path, which is choosing to work within your life mission, your journey will be smooth and easy. Life will flow for you. Neither path is better than the other. One is simply more pleasant and quicker than the other. Most of us swing back and forth between ego path and essence path. Our goal is to learn being 100% on the essence path. This raises our consciousness level quickly. So what can we do to get there? 1) Meditate or take quiet contemplative time every day. Quiet your mind. Every day ask “ what can I do to raise my vibration today and be more connected to my essence path, my soul’s connection to Source?” Listen, watch, wait--the answers will come. If you ask, they must come. 2) Spend as much time connecting with Mother Earth as you can. We are ascending together; we need each other. One can not progress without the other. Feel her energy; give her yours. It is a partnership. 3) Do your emotional
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant email@example.com www.sherryharriscounselling.org 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available clearing. Get in touch with the buried hurt, pain and anger within you. It is dense and cannot allow the light in. Let it come to the surface where it may be met with love and acceptance. Then it will be free to leave. I have found The Inner Child work in conjunction with sessions on my TrinFinity8 work wonders for clearing stuck emotions. 4) Monitor your thoughts. Negative, fearful thoughts bring you more negativity and more fear. You attract what you think about more so now because of the intense light we are moving through now as our planet moves through the photon belt. Everything is speeded up and intensified. The negative or positive thoughts you think now will manifest far more quickly than 50 years ago. Move from fear to faith. Trust that you are lovingly guided in every moment by, not only your own soul, essence path, but your many guides in higher dimensions. Not for one moment are you ever alone. Nor are you a victim ever. You at your soul level have chosen all the markers in your life for learning. For all of us, some of our soul choices have been very hard and challenging. But-- we continue to learn and grow and raise our vibration. That is what it is all about. These are just a few of the many things you can do to raise your vibration and hasten your ascension to 5th dimension. I highly suggest you read the books of E.M. Nicolay, Discovering Your Essence Path, One and Two. They provide us with all the tools we need to ascend. Both are available on Amazon. My partner, Doug Henderson and I are so impressed with Nicolays’ work we have free study groups in my home every Tuesday night. If you would like to start your own, we can help you to get started. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, OM 613-236-8852, firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect Heaven with Earth in a Heartbeat
can work with the HU regardless of age, background, or religion. HU, the most beautiful prayer, is a gift to the world. Harold Klemp, from book entitled HU The Most Beautiful Prayer
inging HU has been practiced for thousands of years in one form or another for inner attunement. In the Join us at a FREE AFTERNOON SEMINAR FOR same way a musician can use a tuning fork to find the SPIRITUAL SEEKERS on SPIRITUAL TOOLS FOR right pitch, the person singing HU tunes in to a higher MASTERING LIFE’S CHALLENGES, taking place on Saturday, October 1, 2016, from 1:00 to 5:30 pm at spiritual awareness. In most spiritual traditions, sound plays a part in the First Unitarian Congregation, 30 Cleary Avenue, uplifting the individual. Religions such as Christianity, Ottawa. The seminar is sponsored by Eckankar and is Judaism, and Buddhism have made use of sound in the free for the public, so feel free to bring a friend. For form of hymns, chants, and prayers to help open the more information, see ad in Tone Magazine or go to heart and go beyond intellectual knowledge. Muslims, www.eckankar.ca/ottawa. Sufis, and Hindus chant or sing the holy names of God in their monasteries and temples around the world. One example is the word alleluia, a form of the word HU that is sung in many hymns and in the famous chorus from Handel’s Messiah. Alleluia is from two words, Allah ‘SPIRITUAL TOOLS FOR MASTERING LIFE’S CHALLENGES’ and HU, joined together to form the sound “allahu”. Over the centuries, it has become the FREE Afternoon Seminar for Spiritual Seekers familiar word alleluia or hallelujah. Sponsored by ECKANKAR Canada in Ontario We are involved with the uplifting nature of sound and music every day. Look at the positive feelings inspired by songs with personal meaning for us. Just hearing a familiar melody opens us again to another time and place. And consider that our mother’s heartbeat is one of the first sounds we experience in this world; then comes her voice. When she sings a lullaby, it’s a carrier for love to her SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2016 child. In a similar way, HU is a carrier 1:00 TO 5:30 P.M. of love between you and God. FIRST UNITARIAN CONGREGATION, 30 CLEARY AVENUE, OTTAWA, ON HU can be sung silently at work, FREE TO THE PUBLIC home, or anytime you feel a need to tune in to a higher perspective Come enjoy an afternoon featuring spiritual talks, panels, and a special workshop to: on your life. You might try experimenting with it when you Learn how the power of HU can help you lead a happier life; face a challenging situation or Find out how the creative process can help solve life’s problems; want to open yourself to a more loving attitude. Discover how dreams can be an important tool in mastering life’s challenges; Singing HU each day can lead to Learn how to work with the Law of Attitudes and with your inner guidance. a deeper understanding of yourself and why things happen the way FOR MORE INFORMATION: 1-866-426-7685 or www.eckankar.ca/ottawa they do in your life. It carefully opens your awareness to new Sponsored by ECKANKAR CANADA in Ontario, 2211 Riverside Drive, Suite B5, Ottawa. Copyright © 2016 ECKANKAR. All rights reserved. The terms ECKANKAR, EK, ECK, MAHANTA, SOUL TRAVEL, and VAIRAGI among others are trademarks of ECKANKAR, P.O. Box 2000, Chanhassen, MN 55317-2000 U.S.A. viewpoints and attitudes. Anyone
The Perfect Yoga Class
he perfect yoga class is taught by a qualified yoga professional in a relaxed setting where the door remains closed during the entire class. The class is conducted without sound as sound controls the mind. In mindfulness one may repeat a mantra to oneself during the class and if you are in pain you may ask the teacher to not touch you. If you are required to use blocks or props they may be used or not. If you desire to lie down to experience deep rest you may at any time during your session. You are paying to be in a safe environment. If the teacher does not ask permission to touch you, it is inappropriate touching as consent is required. Consent is given verbally. A liability form and massage waiver must be signed. If there is no reason for massage, then
Yoga Practice Consultant Sonja A. Muller
White Wind Clinic and Mountain Retreat
20 Years Experience in Nursing Fitness Health and Massage As an Independent Practice Professional Specialist in Mind Body Medicine and Healing of Trauma
613-795-4583 on call and Tuesday Clinics only Mandala Workshops and Shiva Shakti Training
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
September 10-11 Toronto September 17-18 Ottawa (Almonte) October 15-16 Sudbury
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at email@example.com, 905 430-4953 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
it is not valid. Massage is not included in a yoga class normally. Do you want massage? Is this being forced on you? Think seriously about this. If you feel violated, you must report this to the instructor. If they are not open, do not go back to this class. Go to the owner of the studio. If you need a Doctorâ€™s attention or a therapist, you will document your responses to being touched without consent. If you share this information you may be confidential. You are a paying client with rights. You may contact us for information on prevention of abuse in yoga. We are prevention teachers in yoga. In this message we do not give medical advice. We offer no charge consultations on your personal boundaries and human rights. Thank you for reading. The Yoga Correspondent, Ottawa Office For information on professional yoga reviews contact 613-795-4583
361 Churchill Avenue N, Ottawa ON, K1Z 5C4 Telephone: 1 (613) 686-6650 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops.
Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot card reader (bilingual) Julie is a certified Reiki Master and instructor that will bring peace and sense of well-being. Apart from her Reiki gift, she is also a Tarot card reader/clairvoyant. Available Friday nights from 6 till 9, please feel free to contact the store or email email@example.com for an appointment, walk-ins welcome as well. Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.Ac, R.TCMP (Acupuncturist and Herbalist) Trained in the art of classical Chinese medicine, Tracey applies her modality to address not only symptoms, but also the root cause of issues so that you can move on to a healthier you! Treatments are customized to your individual patterns. Specialties include pain, women’s health, autoimmune, respiratory, digestive and mental health. Visit www. tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more info.
Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details. Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional wounds. www. ottawacounselling.com
Maritie Lord Maritie is at Planet Botanix on Saturday offering Reiki and Advance Theta healing, Intuitive readings and Tarot reading. For years she has been counselling people and aiding in their healing process. Her rate is $1 minute. To book your appointment go to maritielord@ hotmail.com, or at https://www.facebook.com/ energyhealingintuitivereading/. Debra Ramsay, M.Ed. Debra offers coaching, yoga and Reiki to support you in living the life of your dreams. If you are interested in taking ownership of your life and experiencing the fullness of your energy, come see Debra. Thursdays: Yoga 5:45pm, Coaching and Reiki appointments 7-9pm. Call the store or drop-in. www.intentionfirst.com
Reiki Reflexology Reconnective Healing® ACIM www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925 46
Do You Procrastinate?
by Céline Cloutier Cofounder Canadian Forest tree Essences Soul coach, Mediator, Reiki Master 819-319-6162 o you find yourself cluttering, dream of completing a project, or do something you always said you would? And yet never get to it? And keep convincing ourselves that we will start tomorrow, or next week, next month, but never do. Why is that? Even if we discover great advices about the subject of procrastination, it would change very little on external behavior or habit because we never get to the source of the challenge. Technics and wise tricks about how to NOT procrastinate do not last. Do we agree that it is temporary? From experience, I observe with clients that ingrained and learned habits, come from learned unconscious patterns and one cannot kick them out with just good intentions. To get to the root, the cause, one has use some form of conscious work such as meditation, mindfulness, yoga, conscious dialog etc. along with the subtle vibrations coming from the resonance of Nature. How? Because we are vibration, we are ONE with all living beings and as we tap into the unlimited intelligence of our nature, via the vibration of trees, we begin understanding that procrastination, stress, feelings of all sorts, are simply a mind fabrication. Only when we acknowledge in our true being this fact, can we evolve towards total happiness and freedom. We have found now for almost 20 years, that TREES, have the capacity to awaken truth, create balance, retrieve the best of us.
For the subject today I suggest; Single essence: Creativity, for DARING to VENTURE and PROCRASTINATION Combination essence, Masculine Energy, for COURAGE and INTEGRITY Synergy No 11 Skin: for SELF-DOUBT, and COMFORTABLE IN YOUR SKIN.
ENJOY the trees, BE Yourself! September 2016
Mediation and Car Washes
It happened again just this week. A prospective mediation client called me and said, “I’d love to do mediation, but my wife and I can’t agree on anything.” He went on to say, “It seems to me mediation is for people who are in agreement on what they will do when they separate, and we just aren’t there yet. Maybe we’ll get back to you after we’ve worked everything out.” If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard this, I’d be living in a villa in the Caribbean by now. My initial knee-jerk response is to say something like, “That’s like saying you can’t take your car to the carwash because it’s too dirty. What the heck do you think the process is for?” My more measured response is to explain that it is during the mediation process itself that agreement is reached, not before. The purpose of mediation is to help parties who think they can’t reach agreement actually achieve good settlements, not to simply record agreements they have made ahead of time. While a very small percentage of separating couples can reach agreement on their own on the issues involved in their separation, most need some outside help to do so. This is where a trained mediator comes in. A good mediator will help parties shift from the level of positions to the level of interests. A position is what you want, and is usually framed in legal terms. “I want joint custody of the kids,” “I won’t settle for less than x dollars in spousal support,” or “I refuse to share my pension with my spouse” are all examples of positions. The legal system encourages negotiation at the level of positions, and this process of “negotiating” generally involves the parties (or their lawyers) simply repeating their positions over and over, usually more loudly each time. The only ways to resolve a dispute at this positional level are: 1) A wins and B loses; 2) B wins and A loses; or 3) some kind of mathematical compromise that leaves both parties dissatisfied because the real reasons for the dispute in the first place have not been discussed. If a position is what you want, an interest is why you want it. Interests are things like concerns, hopes, expectations, assumptions, priorities, beliefs, fears and values. These are personal considerations, not legal ones. An interest-based discussion starts with a mediator providing time and a safe space for each person to tell his and her own story of the relationship and the separation. Each person’s true motivations and reasons for insisting on particular positions come to light and are really understood – perhaps for the first time – by the other spouse. A facilitated negotiation at the level of interests is a multi-faceted, broad discussion that usually uncovers the real barriers to settlement, creates some kind of shift in each person, and frees
• 37 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
613. 237.7335 them to move forward and achieve a resolution that is meaningful for them and their family, not just a settlement that is legally correct but that does not really satisfy either spouse. So, one spouse’s insistence on joint custody is really a reflection of his or her fear of seeming not to care enough for the children if anything less is accepted. A demand for an excessive amount of spousal support turns out to be the only way one spouse can express his or her anger and hurt over the other spouse’s affair. Underneath one spouse’s refusal to divide his or her pension with the other spouse is the belief that, unlike, say, with the family home, the other spouse did not contribute to the value of that pension. And underlying all disputes are often hurt feelings that one person has not been appreciated by the other throughout the marriage, or recognized for his or her paid or unpaid contributions to the family, or is owed an apology by the other. These are the very real obstacles to achieving a good settlement, and they usually need to be carefully addressed before each person can move on and discuss the practical terms of settlement. Most people can’t do this on their own. They need to bring their messy disputes to mediation, not keep trying to resolve everything ahead of time. They need to bring their dirty car to the carwash, not try to clean it in advance.
Spark of Light Courses on meditation, self-empowerment
and spiritual awakening with Jennifer Bernius – fall 2016
n these turbulent times, many people depend on meditation to keep them calm, centred and sane, and attuned to their deepest, wisest Self. Although many benefit from online instruction, others find there’s no substitute for the personalized, in-depth, caring instruction of a qualified live teacher. For over 25 years, I’ve been delighted to introduce mantra meditation, mindfulness and other personal and spiritual growth processes to hundreds of people in Ottawa. My greatest joy is to inspire people to awaken to their limitless potential and discover lasting peace and happiness through meditation. Meditation works miracles! People often come to my courses feeling worried and anxious, burdened with issues that have troubled them for years. They wonder if meditation can work for them, given their restless mind and stressful lives. But soon they relax into the process, to quiet their thoughts and connect with the peace within. As their consciousness rises, they light up, expanding their awareness of who they are and all they can be. Burdens that seemed insurmountable begin to fall away as their mind becomes more clear and focused. Fears and doubts lose their grip as self-confidence grows. The love within them now has a chance to flow. They feel more alive, peaceful and fulfilled. My courses are for newcomers to meditation and committed meditators who want to accelerate their spiritual growth and experience higher states of awareness. And for those who want to feel more selfempowered by overcoming anxiety, self-doubt and unworthiness; and by discovering how to cherish themselves as a dear friend. Here are the courses I’m offering this fall. I look forward to sharing them with you!
613.721.3787 email@example.com sparkoflightmeditation.com G u i d i n g Yo u r Wa y Ho m e Dynamic Meditation – life-changing introductory course on mantra meditation and mindfulness. Mon., Sept. 26-Nov. 28 (8 wks), 7-9 p.m. $195 (This course offered in both my home and in workplaces. See my website (below) for details.) The Art of Self-Compassion – women’s course on selfcare and empowerment through meditation and other healing processes. Tues., Oct 4-Nov. 8 (6 wks), 7-9 p.m. $175 Spark of Light – Living as Your Higher Self – align with your Self and channel its wisdom. Wed., Sept, 28Nov. 2 (6 wks), 7-9 p.m. $175 Calming Your Anxious Mind – reduce chronic anxiety and worry through mindfulness. Wed., Nov. 9-Dec. 14 (6 wks), 7 -9 p.m. $175 Emotions and Beyond – attune to and calm your feelings; discover their priceless messages. Thurs., Oct. 6-Nov. 10 (6 wks), 7-9 p.m. $175. To register or inquire about courses, please call Jennifer at 613-721-3787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, visit sparkoflightmeditation.com All courses held in Ottawa West.
Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyermediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
How Cloud Accounting Can Improve Your Business
f you are looking for the most effective way to process your business financial transactions, you ought to be using cloud accounting system. The cloud is basically a term used for using online tools. I think cloud accounting is one of the best practical tools for processing and storing data. Information is practically at your fingertips especially if you are hooked on smart phones and iPADs. Accessibility Reach your data anytime you want, as long as you have an internet connection and an internet connected device to use. Cloud accounting allows you to work even from the comfort of your own home, using your iPAD, iphone, laptop, … On demand Financial Reporting Financial data is linked to your cloud accounting software, so push reports and it is done. This is so convenient, you can get daily reports, you can also pay your bills, create and send invoice and collect money. Once you convert this to hours saved, the benefits are enormous. Accurate Data Human data entry errors are eliminated since data is coming from its source the bank. No more, entering each cheque into the system data is imported in a few seconds. Again, this adds some much time back in to your business where you can focus on expanding or running your business. Collaboration Add other users to access and edit information such as us. We work with our clients and helped them organize the data even more. Cost effective Some software are even free! Such as Wave. QuickBooks online can be purchased on a small monthly fees. We like them both. Secure Software providers can afford to add extra security to protect clients’ data.
many of our clients in Ottawa to convert and integrate their data into a cloud accounting software. Your payroll can also be integrated to this or the cloud accounting can also work with payroll service providers. We use and recommend Wage Point and Tel pay for Direct deposit payroll services. One of the services that we provide to our cloud accounting clients in Ottawa is to monitor the books on a monthly basis. This helps you with your cash flow management and the books are up to date. All we need is your bank statements so we can reconcile the bank and credit cards accounts. Additionally, we use drop box so you can drop your statements and pick up your reports. As easy as that, practically with cloud accounting everything is at your finger tips. By far, this is a must in any competitive market. As you know dollar saved is dollar earned, similarly, time saved is time earned especially since time is also money. So welcome to the world of cloud accounting, embrace it, adapt to it and you will become more effective which means more success, which also means more happiness. For more information, call Cloud Guru at 613 266 7013
Final thoughts, if you need more time to run your business choose cloud accounting. Cloud accounting is cost effective, easy to use, accessible, secure and friendly. We have recommended 613 266 7013 • email@example.com • http://www.numetrica.city/
Walking the Path of the Spiritual Warrior by Barbara Simpson
Seeing, thinking, speaking, and embodying the bliss is the journey homeward to the God within. Be a Spiritual Warrior…you’ll Love yourself for it. Barbara is a Level III graduate of OSPC’s Ministry program, and part of the Teaching Team at the centre. She has studied with many spiritual teachers, including mediums from the Arthur Findlay college in England, and is certified in a number of healing modalities. Barbara has been on a spiritual journey most of her life and considers herself to be a seeker of spiritual truth.
he Spiritual Journey is not always an easy one, in fact, it can be a challenge at times. Fortitude and perseverance are definitely attributes that are assets to have along the journey, and so is a whole lot of unconditional Love. Let’s first talk about what Unconditional Love really Join us each Sunday morning for a gathering of spiritual means and is… Unconditional Love is the energy of community at a non-denominational service. For more info Creator, of which all of us and all of our world is a part. visit www.ottawaspiritualpathways.com It is the creative, not the destructive force of possibility. It is not seeing an ‘issue’ with another individual or with oneself. It is not having a thought of lack or judgement. It is not a word that defines another or oneself within or outside of societal ‘norms’. It is neutrality, it is acceptance of all. It is the energy of gratitude of and for all that is in our lives. Gratitude for those that cross our paths, for our physicality, and for the abundance that is. It is bliss, and if/ when needed, bliss on steroids. The Journey towards unconditional Love is the journey of the Spiritual Warrior. It is the More-Than-an-Introduction to understanding that we are all connected energetically, vibrationally, and that everything in our life is exactly what we have created and asked for (albeit likely unknown to our conscious selves). It provides us with the opportunity to Accept the discomforts, the pain, The modern spiritual classic, A Course in Miracles, thoughts and emotions as something that is within us, appears in the writings of many spiritual teachers, but not outside of us, nor caused by another individual. what exactly is it? It provides us with the opportunity to recognize what the underlying rooted imbalance within is, and This eight-week course will provide a solid foundation for to be grateful for the opportunity provided to bring understanding this immensely practical path of spiritual ourselves back to balance energetically, and perhaps awakening. It will focus on the radically transformative even karmically. It is the gratitude for the opportunity teachings of the Course and their powerful effects on our we have been provided to transmute the energetic lives and our relationships. pattern within ourselves with understanding and Love, Of benefit to spiritual seekers new to the Course or simply so much so that we are able to stand in the middle of curious about it, as well as experienced students who want any difficult situation and be sound within ourselves. to deepen their understanding and experience of the Course. To see only perfection in the understanding of Divine Offered by Course Oasis order all around us, and be at peace. Monday evenings, October 3 – November 21, 2016 Doing the work of going inward to find the true 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. • Fee: $180* self, requires fortitude and perseverance of a Spiritual For more information, contact Mary Anne Buchowski Warrior, for it is the path of fully embodying personal 613-726-0195 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.courseoasis.org responsibility. It is the embodiment of the energy of gratitude through the journey, knowing that all is in This course was sent to open up the path of light to us, and teach us, step perfect Divine Order, and to see only the absolute by step, how to return to the eternal Self we thought we lost. –– A Course in Miracles perfection in everyone we meet, accepting where they are along their own journey, by seeking it within.
A Course in Miracles
*Contact us for information about our financial policy.
Your Food Cravings: How To Move Beyond Them
t’s 8 pm and the kids have gone to bed. The day is finally over and dinner has been eaten. You sit down on the couch and turn on a movie. Although you’re full from dinner, you start feeling that itch. You know what I’m talking about. That itch to go to the cupboard and pull something out. Everyone has something; the go-to food that they crave. For some it’s chips (Hello! I love you). For some it’s ice cream. Others can’t go too long without their chocolate fix. But did you know that certain food cravings actually tell us a little something about what’s going on inside of us? After all, if you’ve eaten dinner and you’re already full, eating more at that point is indicating that something else is going on. Either you’ve consumed empty calories (which leaves you overfed but undernourished and therefore always hungry) and simply need to eat more, OR there’s something deeper at play. When we have uncomfortable feelings that we don’t want to deal with (which, by the way, we often feel more acutely in the evening) we need to do something, anything, in order to subdue them. Stuck emotions, old wounds and memories, grief, anger, anxiety, worry, and negativity need to be fully felt in order to cycle through us properly and then they can fold back into us in a transformed state. When fully felt, these sticky and tough emotions can teach us great and amazing things about ourselves. They can teach us how resilient we are. They can teach us to love ourselves unconditionally. They can teach us how to forgive. When fully felt, they can lead us to a surrendered state. And make no mistake. It is from a surrendered state where we flow, glow and thrive.
So let’s get back to it, shall we? Here we sit. It’s dark out (which is mirroring our shadow sides and hence bringing up our shit) and we’re not wanting to ‘deal’ so we go and eat. We decide to stuff the uncomfortable stuff. We give in to a typical craving. Let’s unravel what certain foods bring to the psyche… at least what our bodies and minds believe offers us some kind of relief. Salty/Crunchy Foods You know these foods. Chips and popcorn come
to mind. These salty, crunchy foods are eaten by the anxious. Anxiety, worry and low level fears are the craving partners of salty and crunchy foods. Think about it. The simple act of crunching can cut into these tough emotions and temporarily give the body and mind something else to munch on. Salt stimulates our adrenal glands, which, interestingly enough are the glands associated with our fight or flight response. Our fear response (be it worry, anxiety or just plain fear) is temporarily thrown off balance by this salty snack. Of course, the snack doesn’t actually do anything with the fear. It simply tricks the body-mind into relaxing for a while. The anxiety continues to sit until it is properly addressed and fully felt. Sweet Foods Chocolate, ice cream, cake, pie, pop….the options are endless here! The sweet lovers are quite literally looking for some more sweetness in their lives. Sweet foods are often sought after by those experiencing sadness, depression or a lack of joy. But sweet foods can also point to some crucial biochemical processes that may be off in the body. You may have some blood sugar issues. And when I say you have blood sugar issues, I mean YOU’RE EATING TOO MUCH SUGAR! Eating too much sugar IS the culprit behind blood sugar issues. Spicy Foods Looking for a little more intensity and action in your life? Than you’re likely seeking out bowls of red hot chili peppers or Tabasco sauce. Although often not a late-night snacking choice, craving this kind of food can be a sign-post to kick it up a little bit. Spice up your actual life; not just your palette. Soft, Starchy Foods Again, while you’re not as likely to bake yourself some Pillsbury Dough rolls at 8 o’clock at night, there are those that really, really love these comfort foods. Breakfast often consists of muffins, croissants and pastries. Lunch is most often accompanied with bread, bread and yeast. And dinner…can someone say, PASTA?! These soft, doughy, often warm foods literally bring comfort to someone needing a hug, in a big way. Those who are seeking comfort are often very uncomfortable with something. Trying to ease that discomfort by eating comfort foods works much in the same way as all of the aforementioned foods. It provides a temporary balm to something that is really looking for your attention.
Can you sit with your discomfort…your sadness… your anxiety? Can you meet yourself in these heavy emotions and JUST BE? Can you lovingly remind yourself to stay put when those feelings come up and just be with them? There is no need to analyze (in fact, I would encourage you to NOT analyze your stuff when it’s up) or try to fix anything. It doesn’t work that way. Our feelings simply need to be felt. That’s all they’re ever asking for. Can you give them a slice and just be with yourself? Your inner world, your waistline and your ass will thank you.
The Evolutionary Method Mastery Healing Program “All disease begins in the gut.” Hippocrates
fter having had a chronic, digestive, autoimmune illness for nearly 20 years, I completely healed my “incurable” disease and am now living with incredible health, vitality and joy. I have found what works and what doesn’t; what the body and mind need to heal and what prevents that healing. This program is like a fire starter that, with your commitment, can completely change the way your body functions. In this program, we draw upon the wisdom of Evolutionary (ancestral) diet, movement and socialization in order to get your body back to a state of vibrant health and wholeness. This Personal, One on One Program Is Right For You If: • You’ve had persistent digestive issues (bloating, diarrhea, constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, unexplained or hard to get rid of belly fat, ADHD, chronic skin issues (eczema, acne, psoriasis), ear infections, Autoimmune Disorders) • You’ve tried conventional medicine and have not seen resolution to your struggles • You want to see what the body is capable of doing when you give it the proper tools, diet and nourishment • You want to heal your body at the root of the dysfunction, rather than suppress your symptoms
• You’re tired of feeling tired all the time and are ready to step into the fullness of your being This program requires a 3 month commitment from you. It requires you to be open to finding out what emotional triggers you are still dealing with (by which your body has been compensating through illness or discomfort). It allows you to see exactly what your ideal diet looks like and what your body needs to be properly nourished. This program gives you every single tool that you will require to recover and move into a thriving and healthy space. Specifically, during the 3 months you will learn and receive: • Exactly what foods are healing your belly and which foods are hurting your belly • A bio-individual diet and meal plan that allows you to shop and prepare amazing meals that will finally nourish your body and mind • Discover what your cravings mean and how to see them from a different perspective so you can heal them • Learn how the environment you live and work in affects you and how to manage it • Learn about the importance of ancestral movement and find out what kinds of movement best suits your body type • Delve into how your social connections are feeding you. Are they leaving you hungry or happy? • How your past traumas and wounds may still be playing a role in your body and how to let them go I invite you for a 20 minute FREE Discovery Session. During this session, I learn a little bit about you and you learn a little bit about me. We see if we jive together and I fill you in on what our work together would look like. I invite you to come and see what’s possible for your life! For more information about The Evolutionary Method Mastery Healing Program, please contact Ann Jarvis at (613) 218-6899 or go to: www.thenourishedsoul.ca for more information.
Life Coaching or Working Your Way Through Change!
When was the last time you felt lightness and fun in your life?
s an Integral Master Coach™, I assist my clients in rediscovering their joy and creativity. Humour and healing are important qualities I’ve grown to value, both in my 20 years in the animation film business, and over the past 13 years in my practice as a Registered Massage Therapist. I’d love to show YOU how to bring YOUR passion to Life, too! Integral Coaching® can help you to develop abilities needed to make sustainable changes in YOUR life; from being more productive at work or planning for retirement, to developing skills to communicate more effectively with others or rediscovering your creativity again! With Integral Coaching®, clients can access their authentic selves and their inherent resourcefulness to successfully navigate life’s changes. My mission is to integrate all of my knowledge for the benefit of my clients.
Call, email me or check out my website to find out more about life coaching and to book your FREE 30 minute session. This is a time when we can get to know each other and find out if Integral Coaching ® is for you. Karen Munro-Caple, Integral Master Coach™ Coaching website: www.karenmunrocaple.com Phone number: 613.230.3527 Email: email@example.com
Past Life Regression Through Hypnosis
Take a Journey and Heal at a Soul Level Book a Session 613.864.4724 www.MonicaDumont.com Email: Contact@MonicaDumont.com
FALL FLOW Channelled by Lisa Virtue
that I meet today I instantly see something wonderful about them and feel a joy in my heart for the gift of interacting. I feel blessed throughout the day with all the amazing wonders made available for me to explore ow you move into the Fall season, where people and experience. The opportunities for progression, for reconnect again and loving, sharing, connecting. life resumes its busy nature, I choose to remember how is important to consider. valuable and cherished I The re-establishing of am and how I feel great life patterns that include in myself. I love how great deals of activity and that sense of self-love interaction necessitate, if and appreciation ripples you are concerned about out into all aspects of my maintaining your inner life. Where I see not only wellbeing, choosing a way the positive influence of that serves not only you L I S A that, but I see the beautiful but ultimately those around Energy Healer & Divine Channel reflection in all the things I VIRTUE Live your authentic life. you. What we are getting encounter.” at is the choices of your firstname.lastname@example.org www.LisaVirtue.com 613.296.4271 Dear Ones, choose to perception and the methods remember your peace. in which you interact and Choose to bring it in to your moments. Remember to create. honour your true feeling sense of what is right and If you have had the opportunity to enjoy relaxation appropriate and balanced for you. Recognize that selfand less stressful living during the summer holiday care permeates through your life in a positive way, and season, then the idea of bringing some of that well- all those you connect with benefit from your choice being into the season of activity should appeal and be to find your own sense of inner-peace, value, balance, freshly available for you to access. love and joy. Let your actions be propelled from inner We suggest as a potential daily practice or frequent inspiration versus a sense of needing to accomplish contemplation for you, to begin your day with a settled for some outer expectations. Bring it within and you nature. To build in, if needed, to your schedule a time will see how flow establishes itself easily for you. Trust for centering, for re-establishing that peaceful inner yourselves. Follow your intuitive guidance and the flow connection. will show you that you are on track. Let resistance be Having a point in your day to be grateful for existing, your guide to move you into a new choice of perception, as well as all of things you can find in your thoughts to of self-practices that encourage your inner connection be happy about or thankful for, sets up your resonance and peace. in a way that moves your entire possibilities for the day Be at one with your flow Dear Ones, we appreciate to come. Finding yourself having spoken or thought of you greatly. With love and respect and great honour to the things you’re grateful for, sit, steep in that energy for you all, a time. Meditate - simply by being in the feeling of that The Divine Beings of Counsel energy and recognizing the aspect of yourself that is / feels connected with that. The more you engage in this Lisa Virtue is an Energy Healer and Channel. She type of practice / behaviour you familiarize yourself brings forth the knowings and the understandings with your essence. required to help you come into your own resonance Through your day, where you can, catch yourself as with your essence again - to facilitate your health and you move off into stressful thoughts, and appreciate wellbeing in life. something. As you build your practice of appreciation you will find that the simple act of turning your Lisa offers private and group channelling sessions, awareness to appreciation or gratitude will shift your allowing Spirit to engage with and counsel you. Her energy right away in the moment. As that muscle healing sessions get to the root of that which has been develops it will be able to aid you to kick yourself out of disturbing your enjoyment of life. less than desirable states. Let it be a day filled with your preference of feeling, such as: joyful, calm, peaceful, To book a session or a group event please call uplifting. 613-296-4271 or email email@example.com You could describe to yourself the ideal progress of www.LisaVirtue.com your day, such as: “I awake peaceful and fully rested. My day has an uplifted feeling to it. Every person Lisa is at a new location now in Kanata South.
ROLLANDE THOMPSON Since 1974. Renowned bilingual tarot card reader, palmistry, numerology. Accurate, honest and dependable. My readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and your finances. I respect my work and will give you only my best. Individual consultations at your service. House parties and my own psychic line. Only a phone call away. Formerly on CFRA, CHIP & Rogers TV Telepsychic Show To book an appointment, please call 819-684-6125
any of us in the New Age, Spiritual, Alternative community, would prefer to own our own homes, rather than continue to rent. But, realistically, what are the choices? Perhaps move 40 to 100kms. out of Ottawa, to find a less expensive house, in a small town or one in the country and ideally work in the local area. Without work close to home, there is the time and expense of commuting back to Ottawa. When you look at affordable housing in Ottawa, there are options for condo townhouses and condo apartments, selling for $160,000 up to $200,000. These are usually older units, with monthly condo fees of $330 and up, which is combined with your monthly property taxes and utilities, for your total costs. Then there is the concern about the management of individual condo complexes (some have a number of problems) and there is no regulation about how much the condo fees can be increased year to year. New condos are springing up everywhere is Ottawa, with very attractive, central locations. The lower range of new condos, are selling for $225,000 and up, for a SMALL suite, with another $25,000 to $50,000 extra for ONE parking space. Then monthly condo fees of $375 and up, along with taxes and utilities. The housing prices in Ottawa have definitely increased, from a fairly low level in the mid 1990s, I would say up to 4060% higher today. Ok, it sure reduces the options, for those wanting to buy their first home but there are still options.
Ok, so the price is low, what about the monthly costs? Since the home owner does not own the land, there is a monthly fee of $440, sometimes less, but up to $550 or even $750. This is something you want to find out, early on in your search, as some parks have higher fees than others. A very POSITIVE consideration, is that the fee is made up of land rental, COMBINED with taxes. So that monthly $440 fee, for example, might be $380 land rental and $60 for property taxes. The good thing is, you are protected from unforeseen costs. The land rental is subject to Rent Control Restrictions, implemented by the Ontario Gov’t. and can only increase a small amount each year. The property tax portion goes up very slowly, as the value of the mobile is low and increases due to reassement are only every few years. Just to highlight these figures, once you purchase a mobile, your monthly fee will be, for example, $550 per month, plus utilities. You will be able to purchase a mobile home with 5% down, through CMHC, provided you have regular income from a job and an appropriate credit rating. Not all banks provide mortgages for mobiles, but Scotiabank and TD will, at certain locations. In conclusion, this option is similar to living in a bungalow, as the mobiles are on one level, parking right at the door, only up a couple of steps to bring in groceries and at other times, luggage from those trips down south. Each home has a nice yard, with the option to build a patio or deck. Since it is your own home you can decorate the inside and renovate it to suit your taste as well, you can also change the look on the outside, with permission from the park. All this comes with a lright, time to “think outside the box”, for a very low initial cost, as well low monthly fees. realistic option. Mobile Homes provide an amazing Because of rumour, hearsay and what is seen on TV, opportunity to own your own home. There are many there is a negative connotation to living in a mobile mobile home parks in or a short distance from, Ottawa. home. Some people may tongue in cheek refer to trailer Living in a park, is like living in the country. The parks trash, but for myself, as a resident of a mobile home are in separate communities, usually off main streets park, I refer to us as “High Class Trailer Trash”, as we and therefore no traffic noise, yet walking distance to all have done a fair bit of renovating/upgrading. amenities. There are usually lots of trees and each home With an open mind and some creative thinking, you has it’s own private greenspace/yard. Depending on the too may find a good alternative for home ownership. park, the age and condition of the mobile, they can range from $75,000 normally for a good sized 2 bedroom, up to To contact the author, Chris Laidler, for $100,000-$120,000 for a three bedroom and up to $140,000 information or questions e-mail me at for a brand new, 2 bed. 2 bath, modern unit, with garage. firstname.lastname@example.org These all include at least 2 parking spaces, in the price.
Affordable Home Ownership
Journey Through Grief to Power up You Life
“Your grief does not define you”
en steps forward and as many backwards, this is what your life may feel like if you are in the process of grieving. It certainly isn’t a fun place to be, no wonder so many avoid it. However, there is another way and as a grief coach and your guide I’m here to let you know how you can reclaim your life while honoring your grieving process and loss. You see, it isn’t your fault that you don’t know how to be with grief or even what to expect when a death occurs, for who has ever shown you? It truly can be a remarkable journey. If you understand the process, then you know it isn’t something to fear or hide from. The one and only true way is to walk through it with eyes wide open. Avoidance, resistance, denial only prolong the suffering and we want to help you. Lilly White and I have joined together to invite you to a 1- day workshop where you will learn new strategies for moving forward. You see, we both have walked with grief, healed and now live our lives in joy. The
Grief does not define You! Your Journey begins in Joy with Anne and Lilly
Journey Through Grief to Power up Your Life Saturday September 24, @ 9:00-5:00 pm Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre, 29 Bayswater, Ottawa Registration required - seating limited 613-979-2418 or 613-292-3292 Bring your own lunch (kitchen) snacks, tea/coffee provided Learn how to: • Journey through Grief with Purpose • Become your own Hero • Change Chaos to Peace
memories of our loved ones are safely stored in our hearts to be shared with others in joy, not in pain. We’d be happy to show you how. Come join us Saturday, September 24 – 9:00-5:00 pm where we will journey together through your grief to Power up your life. Registration required – it is a smaller group so space is limited. For more info call 613-979-2418 or 613-2923292. Hope to see you soon.