October 2015, Vol. 31, #2 Priceless
Maga zin e
A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 30 years
Transform at the Vital Health Awakening Seminar with
October 25 and November 1
NamastĂŠ Healing Fair Fundraiser October 17, 10am - 6pm at the NAC
The Future of Well-Being October 17 at the NAC
Register at vitalhealthlife.com
Thanks from readers and contributors Lemmy -- I would like to congratulate you and your team for producing an excellent September 2015 issue, celebrating 30 years of consciousness-raising publishing, as well as the annual “Mystical Event” which promotes holistic health. As a long time reader of and contributor to Tone over the years, I think that your late dad Michael Monner is very proud of you, and pleased with your ongoing commitment to provide the Tone Forum. I really enjoyed reading the opening page, which addressed the “30 years of promoting good health, wellness and spirituality”. The description of the history of Tone was especially memorable to me, and reminded me of the many visits and discussions I had with your dad about promoting Spiritual Frontiers Canada’s (www.spiritual frontiers.ca) public talks and workshops through ads and articles in Tone. I also appreciate the super job done in including Tom Dettman’s thoughtful book review of my first book on “Truality” (www.truality.ca). Continued best wishes. George J.V. Kokich (Ottawa) Great job in keeping this type of publication alive and well over the past 30 years. Daniel Roy CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC Praxis Wealth Management Congratulations on the 30th Anniversary of Tone Magazine! Master Lynda Chaplin www.DrSha.com Congratulations on 30 years of bringing inspiration, education and consciousness to our community and beyond! Your magazine has inspired us to step up and become more aware and conscious! Natasha www.caseyplusnatasha.com We thank Tone for 30 years of publishing service in the Ottawa area. It is an unique service and we wish that they confine to spread the Light. Morris Redman
I remember Mike Monner when he first began producing Tone Magazine and we would drop off copy and sit and chat and Lucy Yang and I, who were good friends, would sometimes let me “unofficially” do some proof-reading. Thank you for reminding us about the early days of Tone Magazine from those small beginnings in the early days but with vision to what Tone has become the go to magazine, the hub of the consciousness-raising community in Ottawa. Here’s to the next 30 years. Love and Light, Gillian DEEPLY GRATEFUL TO TONE MAGAZINE........... I have had a Counselling, Coaching and Hypnotherapy practice in Ottawa for 30 years and I believe that I have had an article and/or an ad in almost every issue of this wonderful, consciousness-raising magazine. All other similar publications come and go. Tone not only remains, it just keeps on getting better and better every year. Tone does a great job of staying Spiritual and not becoming political. Many local practitioners, communities, and businesses have been encouraged and supported by the networking that Tone has provided. Many “partners-in-healing” (clients) have found their way to me through Tone. My heartfelt thanks to Tone, Lemmy and Michael (father of Lemmy and founder of Tone). With LovingKindness, Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D., Ottawa Counselling and Mediation Services Many years ago in a conversation with Mike Monner, he asked me to write a monthly column. I have greatly enjoyed doing so. Tone is an essential piece of the puzzle expanding consciousness in our city. Dr. Ian Prattis www.ianprattis.com The Mystical Event team would like to thank Tone and the exceptional exhibitors for a successful weekend Sept. 18-20, 2015. www.themysticalevent.com
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue. Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. October 2015 issue. Published 10 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 12,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Office Manager - Julie Tierney 613-979-0664 Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/ Distribution by FM Delivery 613-220-1755
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
Tone Advertising Rates …
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
Vital Health Awakening Seminar
David Lee, Life Coach, Holistic Nutritionist, Fitness Trainer and Seminar Teacher
avid Lee is truly a holistic coach. He has developed a proven system of life coaching for success, including holistic nutrition and customized fitness program called The Vital Health System. People want and deserve to feel good about their life and their body. The Vital Health System coaches people in all of those areas. In order to truly succeed for life, we address the deeper issues of the heart and your perception of life. The seminar will teach you to empower yourself, using tools like The Life Plan, Dream Book and Dream Board to actually work on your goals. What is really unique is you can actually feel really good going after your dreams in the midst of challenges, if you change your perception. He has coached many to transform their life through health, fitness and personal coaching. Now he is going to offer his success life coaching, nutrition and exercise instructions at a minimal cost and cover a lot of the basic success and health concepts in this two day seminar.
The second day of the seminar, you will acquire: • Principles on how to attract success • Science behind the law of attraction and how it works • How to create your reality • Learn what it really means to make a true decision to change your life • Interactive activities to help you practice your new mind set • Simple periodic and invigorating exercises to stretch and align the body • Practice of self improvement tools • Meditation exercise for inner heart belief change and healing • Learn basic nutrition concepts of Vital Health • Practice assignment of some nutrition principles Seminar Dates: October 25 and, November 1, EY Centre This two day seminar will help you grow physically and mentally so you will truly be healthier, and fit for the rest of your life. The seminar will help you transform so that you can present the BEST YOU to the world every day physically and mentally, which will allow you to succeed in all of your dreams and goals ! Go to vitalhealthlife.com to sign up for the seminar and to get more information about this unique and life changing event!
The first day of the seminar • Introduction to proper fitness and nutrition concepts • Demonstration and explanation to various exercise modalities of Vital Health • Demonstration and practice of corrective exercises • Experience Tai Chi and breathing exercise activities • Demonstration of different fitness routines by the Vital Health team • Flex-movement (dynamic yoga like exercise presented and practiced) • Receive instruction of the Vital Health group holistic floor exercises • Cook a recipe from the Vital Health Nutrition book • Over $200 value of FREE nutrition, exercise books and e-books • Week day assignment and journal of fitness and nutrition
In the float tank, we can also become our own best biofeedback system without external stimuli. Since the water in the tank is exactly at normal body temperature, we experience homeostasis or no experience of being “inside” or “outside” of our own skin. s s May you too experience Heaven le lnes w k o on Earth !! i n m s
HEAVENLY FLOATING: Experiencing One-Ness
have experienced floating at spas in Montreal (at Ovarium Spa) www.Ovarium.com , Toronto, Chicago, Ottawa and Florida over 20 times. I have had a wonderful frui session each and every time. I am so happy that we now xie ty have an Ottawa floatation healing self esteem spa, www.TankActionSpa.com t Ryan Butts, MBA, runs this spa weigh in a very professional way. He is COUNSELLING, COACHING very knowlegable and sensitive to the needs and concerns of his & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE clients. I recommend this amazing Richard M. Haney Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist healing spa experience to all of my hypnotherapy clients. (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. Interestingly, Ryan uses as one of Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. (Counselling and Mediation) Richard his slogans, “Experience Nothing” www.ottawahypnosis.com has been practising Wholistic which is very apropos because many www.ottawacounselling.com Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy people believe that they have fallen and Mediation for the past 25 years in asleep when they are actually awake and in “theta Ottawa. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or state”. Their brain waves are operating at such a low send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org frequency (theta) that it is very similar to the even lower frequency brain waves (delta) that we experience when we are asleep and dreaming. Ironically, I call theta state experiencing one-ness because in this state of consciousness “everything-ness”, “nothing-ness” and “one-ness” melt into one sameness. This happens at the experiential level, not at the cognitive level. ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO There are several scientific reasons why floating stimulates Spiritual and physiological experiential epiphanies. Creating theta waves in our brain is the most obvious. The dense Epsom salt solution in the tank also creates an anti-gravity sensation. The creative “right brain” is highly active during a float. All three of our brains (the reptilian, the visceral and the neocortex) are active as a whole in the float tank. This is similar to when we are in embryonic state in our mother’s womb.
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
HEALTH CANADA APPROVED
Traditional Herbal Medicine
Immune System Support * Proprietary Herbal Formula Gluten Free cGMP Compliance Trusted Worldwide Since 1922 Made only in Canada Exported Worldwide
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
NPN 80012920 NPN 80012914
Doctors Recommend Available at: Health Stores & Pharmacies
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEITS!
Vivid R.E.M. Hypnosis Vivienne Filiatreault C.H. Certified Consulting Hypnotist
ESSIAC® Canada International P.O. Box 23155, Ottawa, Ont., Canada K2A 4E2 Tel. : (613) 729-9111 · Fax : (613) 729-9555 E-mail : email@example.com
Hypnosis / Counselling
* FULL TEXT COPYRIGHT © 2013, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
AUTHORIZED USER OF ESSIAC TRADEMARK
RES-6488 Tone 1/2 Page Vertical no bleed Essiac.indd 1
1/2 TONE MAGAZINE AD
Docket: RES- 6988
Ottawa West Professional Services 1956 Robertson Road, Suite 202/ Alt. Nepean Site Ottawa, Ontario, K2H 5B9 Phone/Fax : (613) 254 - 5550 Cell: (613) 301 - 1971 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.ottawawestpros.com
2013-07-16 12:15 PM
Trust and Your Truth Written by Alexis Nicol
Marjorie Moffat - Wellness Educator
Meditation - Yoga - Ayurveda
Reiki Reflexology Reconnective Healing® ACIM www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
f you think someone doesn’t trust you, then it’s most likely that deep down you don’t have a good relationship with trust. Perhaps your experience growing up was clouded by people that weren’t truthful or trustworthy. It could be like always putting on a false self to impress others. It’s so important to let go of what others think about you or more accurately, what you perceive they think about you. Being truthful is our ticket to having more confidence and more light in our lives. The more you live your life in truth, the brighter and lighter it becomes. It really drives me crazy when someone refuses to believe me. I’ve found that no matter how much you try to convince them they just annoyingly deny you your truth. Over the years I hadn’t realized how deeply it affected me. I thought by sharing personal details and baring my soul (none of their business of course) they would believe me – wrong! I realize that sadly, they just aren’t ready to trust. Perhaps I am the proverbial optimist. I speak my truth and I expect those I love to do the same. It is enough that we are being truthful. When we can let go of worrying about being believed we feel lighter, confident and more comfortable in our own skin. Accepting that it’s not up to me to change someone’s opinion or their perceptions about me, lifts an unnecessary burden from my spirit. If I am believed that’s good, if not, it’s not up to me (anymore) to try to convince you otherwise. I am so grateful that I love and trust who I am today. It’s time to cut those cords that keep one bound to insincerity, pretending to be OK with others’ ideas of how they want us to be. No more! Be the person you want you to be. Don’t allow the non-believers to take away the Truth that is you. Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
The Father of Meditation Comes to Ottawa
eepak Chopra is becoming a household name in this era of spiritual enlightenment. Even Time magazine describes him as one of the top 100 heroes and icons of the century and credits him as “the poet-prophet of alternative medicine. The father of meditation, author of over 80 books, is coming to the NAC in Ottawa on October 17 for an I Am Genie Wishes Fulfilled event. Deepak will create a roadmap for “higher health,” based on the latest findings in both mainstream and alternative medicine. He will also address practical ways to experience higher consciousness, transformation and healing. To learn all about Deepak, visit: www.deepakchopra.com
The Namasté Healing Fair Fundraiser is the first of many Oh My God Events. Their mission is to create and organize fun, dynamic, authentic and interactive events for awareness, self-development and healing in an environment of love and light. Their vision is to create events that bring people together to share their insights, offerings and solutions to achieve a dynamic state of balance and integration of body, mind and spirit. Cofounders, Nathalie and Louise are full-time Co-Creators of the Universe and Creative Visionaries. Come meet them at the fair… and who knows, you might rub shoulders with a genie! To purchase tickets Tickets are $10. Get your tickets at Planet Botanix 301 Bank St., Ottawa, at the door or online at www.ohmygodevents.com/namaste/tickets/
And who’s the genie-us behind all this? Easy! The I Am Genie Foundation (www.iamgenie.org)! They have produced numerous life-changing inspirational events with some of the most inspirational speakers in the world including Dr. Wayne Dyer, Jack Canfield, James Van Praagh, Gabrielle Bernstein and Marianne Williamson. In order to fuel wishes, 100% of the profit from all ticket sales for this event goes to the I Am Genie Foundation. You mean there’s more to this awesome news? You bet! Who wants to go to a Deepak Chopra event when they’re all worked up with stress and a bunch of items not yet crossed off their to-do lists? Well… we’ve got the perfect solution! Leave your stress at home and come spend a few hours at the Namasté Healing Fair Fundraiser presented by www.ohmygodevents.com. On the same day and location as Deepak’s event between 10 am and 6 pm, come satisfy your higher conscious curiosity, meet a Chopra Center Certified Teacher, enjoy a light snack, get a healing session or a reading, have a look around and join a 20-minute meditation or yoga segment that will run every half hour. Meet the practitioners and teachers who can get you on the road to healing certain aspects of your life. Whatever you choose to do during the fair, you will be immersed in a Zen meditative state and you will therefore be in an open mindset, ready to receive all of Deepak’s teachings in the evening.
OPEN HOUSE 2015 9am - 3:30pm
Relax, Enjoy Refreshments & Attend Complimentary Lectures
“The Industry leader in training nutrition professionals”
SATURDAY NOV. 7th
Ottawa Campus, 613-680-9330
Emerald Plaza, 1547 Merivale Rd, suite 430, Nepean Ontario (Main Intersection is Merivale Road & Meadowlands Dr.)
9:30 - 11:00 am PREVENTIVE HEALTH CARE: Food Intolerances: The Gut-Immune Connection With Josee Boyer, ND • Info on Course / Curriculum & Career Opportunities • Natural Health Exhibit • Book Sale • Live Blood Cell Microscopy Sessions • Win Door Prizes
11:30 - 1:00 pm PSYCHOLOGY OF DISEASE: The Influence of Belief and Perception on Health With Deborra Cameron, RN
1:30 - 3:00 pm
FITNESS AND SPORTS NUTRITION:
Effective Weight Management through Nutrition With Andrea Proulx ND, RAc
View Lecture Descriptions at:
SPIRITPAINTING.COM 613-266-8063 Easter Workshops February Exhibition at Green Door Opening Feb 4/13 6:00-
S G NG TIIN NT AIIN PA TP RIIT PIIR SP
W or k s h op s
w ww ww w..ssppiirriittppaaiinnttiinngg..ccoom m
How to Improve Any Aspect of Your Life
o you regularly find yourself thinking about how your life could be better? How about rating each aspect on a one-to-ten scale? This will allow you to turn your focus on the parts that need attention the most. However, as a self-improvement enthusiast, perhaps you’ve already tried rating the different areas of your life. And even when the lower-rated areas of your life were improved, maybe they only got as good as a six or a seven at best. The good news is they don’t have to stay stuck there forever! Analyze Your Approach When parts of your life get stuck, the issue is oftentimes the approach. Any strategy has a maximum result, and the techniques that draw most people will never get them above a five-to-seven range. For example, strict adherence to a marginal exercise program won’t get you to swimsuit model status. No matter how perfectly the strategy is implemented, your results from that strategy can only take you to a certain level. In many instances, starting back at the beginning is what’s needed. Professional golfers occasionally get stuck in their progress and completely redo their swing. For a while, they’re stuck at what they consider to be a two-three level, but frequently they are then able to push through and finally reach a ten with a new strategy. Even with a more effective strategy, you might feel that it will take too long to get to a ten from a six. Yes, it can take some time, but the time is going to pass anyway, so it might as well be spent improving. Spend that time growing and seeing what you can become. Consider these important points as you evaluate your approach to growing any area of your life: 1. What is a ten? The first step is to consider what a ten actually is. What does a ten look like to you? If you’re dealing with income, is it $100,000 a year? Is it $500,000 a year with less than 20 hours of work a week? You’ll only get where you’re going if you know your destination.
way out there. Realizing how big a ten really is shows you how much higher you can go as you reach each milestone! You’re far more capable than you may have imagined! And it never ends. A billionaire has far more money than he could spend in ten lifetimes, but he still feels the need to see if he’s capable of more. Being fixed in one spot is never satisfying for long. The pleasure is in the progress and experience, not in staying at some milestone. Ultimately, the amount of fulfilment you feel is proportional to the amount of action you’re taking. So get out there and do as much as you can. A ten is certainly within your reach... but then again, a ten that’s attained doesn’t stay a ten for long as you reach even further!! Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
2. Set goals to move toward that perfect ten. Now that you know where you’re going, get started on the journey. Be aggressive but smart. As long as you keep moving forward, it’s impossible to fail. 3. Evaluate your progress. If your path isn’t working, do something else. Seek a different strategy and change your approach. When things are working, keep going. What Happens When You Reach Your Ten? When you reach your ten, you’ll realize that your original six was actually a three or a four, based upon your new perspective. The truth is that a true ten is way,
Mesmerizing Questions and Answers with Lynne Cardinal
Yet hypnosis is probably not what you expect it to be. In a hypnosis session your body and mind are very relaxed, but you simultaneously experience alertness. You do hear everything and throughout the session you Part 8 have full control. his is part of a series of questions from an interview Let me tell you a basic fact: there is only one form of by Catherine Van Loon, with Lynne Cardinal, an hypnosis. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis. And it is the Ottawa-based Certified Hypnotist, Meditation Teacher easiest and most natural thing in the world. All I can and Stress Management and Burn Out Prevention • emotional/physical pain • grieving ever • relations be for you or anyone else is a gentle guide. If you leader. • regressions • weight • addictions allow • stress me• to be your guide, I'll show you how to place Q. Can you explain inenergy simplelevel terms what the happens • healing past yourself in a beautiful state of hypnosis, experiencing during a hypnosis session? physical relaxation and mental alertness.
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
A. To understand hypnosis, it is important to understand how the conscious and subconscious mind works. The conscious mind manifests as our automatic tendencies and personality. It can be smart, but it can also be impulsive and illogic. Right underneath this superficial mind is the subconscious or inner mind and it is extremely powerful. The subconscious mind easily helps you to achieve your deeper objectives, whether it is to be thin, happy, or confident. In fact, the subconscious is the real you and it contains the answers to your queries as well as your own deep wisdom. The greater part of your authentic self is right underneath the conscious level, below your awareness, and it has a great impact on your conscious acts, thoughts, and feelings. Through hypnosis, I help you to harmonize your conscious and subconscious minds. And properly directed, hypnosis helps you to achieve more of your own potential.
Lynne Cardinal is a Certified Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. In person and Skype sessions are available to clients. Lynne has offered Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors for over 30 years. Group Meditation classes starting in the Fall on September 17th 2015 at 7 pm; contact us for more details. Private classes available. Insurance receipts are available. For more information Lynne can be reached at 613.721.7888 or by e-mail at email@example.com. You can also visit her web site: www.kaivalya.ca
Soul Can Heal, Heal the Soul
our soul, the essence of who you are, can heal your mind and body. Every cell, every organ, every system, and every part of your body has a unique essence. You have the power to send a new message to your mind and body to activate healing. Dr. and Master Sha teaches the Four Power Techniques® and Say Hello Healing® to create Soul Mind Body Medicine®, a complete healing system for optimum health and well-being. Based on quantum science, your body contains information and messages. When you experience pain, it’s not just caused by physical reasons. The soul of your organ, system or body part may be carrying negative karma, negative beliefs and other limiting messages that block your experience of well-being. The soul of your organ, system or body part needs a new message for joyful and healthy living – soul healing removes soul mind body blockages, laying the foundation for energy, stamina and vitality to flow naturally in your life. What are soul mind body blockages? Soul Blockages are bad karma. According to Hindu and Buddhist traditions, karma is the record of your service in all your lifetimes. Karma can be good or
bad. Good karma includes love, care, compassion, and making others healthier and happier. Bad karma includes killing, cheating, stealing, hurting, harming and all kinds of unpleasant actions, behaviours, speech, attitudes, and thoughts. Good karma brings rewards – including physical health and vitality, emotional calm and balance, good relationships and finances, and more. Negative karma brings lessons –pain, suffering, challenges, and blockages in any aspect of your life. Mind Blockages include negative mind-sets, negative attitudes, negative beliefs, ego and attachments. Body Blockages include energy blockages and matter blockages. Energy blockages occur around the cells. Matter blockages occur inside the cells. By healing these blockages at the soul level, you bring new life to your being, creating a supportive environment for healing to occur within your mind and body. The secret is: Heal the soul first; then healing of the mind and body will follow.™ Master Lynda Chaplin is a Worldwide Representative of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha, renowned master healer and spiritual teacher. Master Lynda offers soul healing blessings for any condition, personal consultations, and workshops in Ottawa. To learn more, contact Master Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
Experience Miracle Soul Healing™ with
Master Lynda Chaplin Worldwide Representative of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha
Miracle Soul Healing Evening
Thursday, November 5, 7–9 pm Love offering Learn how you can restore your health, relieve chronic pain, balance your emotions, transform your relationships, and more. You could be chosen for a miracle soul healing demo!
Divine Healing Hands Training Workshop Friday-Sunday, November 6–8, 10 am–8 pm
This unique and extraordinary program empowers you to become a powerful Divine Soul Healer.You may invoke this treasure to self-heal and help others to transform health, emotions, relationships, finance , and more. Complements and augments all healing modalities. Contact us to learn how you can become a miracle soul healer!
Saint Paul University Laframboise Hall, Second Floor, Normandin Room 249 Main Street (south building near Clegg Street) Master Lynda Chaplin • 647.654.7711 • Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com ottawakiosk.com/MasterLyndaChaplin.html • Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa
Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha Master Healer and Spiritual Teacher
I have the power to heal myself. You have the power to heal yourself. Together, we have the power to heal the world. – Master Zhi Gang Sha #1 New York Times Bestselling Author!
Embodying the Healing Power of Christ in the 21st Century by Malachai
Counselling * Healing * Coaching “A genius at understanding people” - Dr. William Bento
peaking to his followers, Jesus Christ said “He that “You are highly clairvoyant, a clear channel” - Lisa Garr believeth in me, the works that I do shall he do also; “A spiritual and academic genius” - Dr. M. Rosner and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto “True master of psychology” - Yogishri Vishvketu my Father.” In using the word ‘Father,’ Yeshua was “You are the Pied Piper” - Sonia Choquette referring to the infinite presence of God within him, “A super ancient soul” - Melanie (Healer) known as “The I Am.” By aligning fully with his I Am Presence, Yeshua was able to perform 33+ miracles firstname.lastname@example.org during his lifetime, and his words were meant to summon our spiritual greatness and inspire our healing flow toward your highest outcome. The intention is to potential. unite my I Am Presence with yours momentarily so that The time is NOW for us to bring forth these dormant together we may co-create a safe, compassionate, and spiritual capacities by embodying more fully the Christ harmonious connection for the good of all. within: Christ consciousness exists in seed form in all What may arise for you depends on the moment, your humans and serves to mediate and transduce the infinite intentions, the integrity of our sacred bond: cognitive love, power, and light of our glorious I Am. insights, emotional releases, clarity of direction, inspired In this wonderful era of transformation, we are blessed revelations, courage to move forward, or energetic with a wealth of innovative healing modalities to help healing are among the possibilities. us progress on our evolutionary journey. Sometimes it can be confusing to know which of these healing paths If you’re curious, please send me an email (with is “appropriate” for us. We may occasionally go off phone #) to: email@example.com. We’ll chat for course or become distracted with therapeutic options a few minutes to discover what you’re seeking and that are not truly in alignment with our highest nature determine whether we’re a good fit for one another! or our deepest needs. Sessions in person or via Skype. Peace, Love, Thus, it is essential to find a healing practitioner Gratitude who resonates deeply with who we are. Those who ~ Malachai have accumulated numerous healing certifications, yet lack the requisite skills of compassion, wisdom, and spiritual maturity may not be adequately equipped to assist with our transformation or meet our healing needs. In navigating the realms of cosmic wisdom, science, and healing for eons, I have been blessed with a profound calling in this lifetime to empower and inspire others using a simple, yet potent spiritual counselling style. I work intuitively and empathically in Dublin / Newgrange / Belfast / Giants Causeway / Carrowmore & Carrowkeel / Galway / the moment, without preconceived Killarney / Kinsale / Dublin and Plenty in between agendas. Operating from a space Visit Neolithic Sacred Sites, Stunning Scenery. Immerse Yourself In All Things Irish in the of humility, openness, reverence, I comfort of a Luxury Coach. Learn about the history of this Ancient Land and feel the tune into the eyes, voice, and energy beautiful energies of The Emerald Isle fields of whoever stands before me. During these sessions, individuals For more information call: Gillian at 613 299 2289 Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org feel fully heard, acknowledged, and lovingly supported - a state of being from which immediate change can be catalyzed. By bringing forth and amplifying Christ’s love-infused healing energies, we allow divine grace to
Sacred Tour of Ireland
La Tropiqua, a hidden gem in the heart of Wellington West Village, has recently renewed their look to better serveyou. To celebrate their renewal, they are offering you 15% off any of their products or services just by bringing in this ad (you can show it on your phone), or by calling them, if you would like to book an appointment, to let them know that you saw the ad here in Tone. They invite you to come and check out their new look, many people are saying that they like it! They continue to provide you with high quality services that they are so well known for. In fact, they have recently added Indian shoulder and head massage to the mix of amazing services that they offer. When you visit, you will find a new gem on the ground floor. Second Glance, a consignment store has been recently added to the neighbourhood. They are both located at 1292 Wellington Street West.
IS THRILLED TO INTRODUCE CONTINUING EDUCATION & 300hr PROGRAMS FOR YOGA INSTRUCTORS AND EXPERIENCED STUDENTS WISHING TO DEEPEN THEIR PRACTICE
COMING IN FALL 2015
VINYASA KRAMA (Module 1: 300hr YTT) with
ROXANNE JOLY & KATE MARSDEN
AND40 hour RESTORATIVE YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Follow La Tropiqua on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram..
1292 Wellington St W, Ottawa (613) 695-2256 www.latropiqua.ca email@example.com
with MELANIE ALLISON
please call or check our workshops page or teacher training pages for more information or to register
www.upwarddogyoga.ca 251 Dalhousie Street
Trusted brands made affordable….. Save 30% on your shipping cost Corporate Specials Any Size - Anywhere - Globally FEDEX-DHL-PUROLATOR-DTDC USA $20+ China, India, UK $45+ Middle East $50+ Courier - Air Cargo - Truck International - Canadawide – Ottawa Local
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call
613.790.0690 & 613.728.8881 firstname.lastname@example.org www.CourierOutletMall.com October 2015
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
6 Pervasive Lifestyle Factors That Are Damaging Your Brain’s Health by Daniel Mauro
Build Yourself a Better Brain 7 Pillars Of Optimal Brain Performance
he hippocratic oath encourages doctors to “First Do No Harm.” In modern times, it has become increasingly difficult to NOT harm ourselves because we are continually bombarded by hidden food toxins, synthetical chemicals, heavy metals, and environmental pollutants. Many of these environmental toxins are particularly harmful to human brain cells. Your brain is a sophisticated yet delicate organ that impacts all bodily processes, including homeostatic functions like hormonal balance, breathing, body temperature and higher faculties like thinking, memory, motor coordination. In order to protect your brain and stave off cognitive decline or dementia, it’s critical to avoid known brain toxins and minimize lifestyle patterns that lead to brain atrophy. Here are 6 key areas to be especially aware of on your journey toward a better, sharper, healthier brain: 1. 2. 3.
EMF Signals: Wifi reduces brain function, contributes to insomnia, increases cardiac stress; cell phone usage is linked to brain tumours. Sleep Deprivation: inhibits memory consolidation, increases death of brain cells, imbalances brain biochemistry. Refined Sugar Consumption: causes poor memory formation, learning disorders, depression, mental fog. Air Pollution: decreases oxygen supply to the brain, reduces mental clarity and concentration.
Friday, October 23 7 - 9 PM SPACES Limited!
Please REGISTER in advance:
email@example.com 5. 6.
Chronic Stress: destroys neurons at an accelerated rate and creates a hyperactive loop between the amygdala and hippocampus. Overeating: impairs brain insulin function, creates hardening of cerebral arteries, reduces blood flow to brain cells
Join me on Friday, October 23 @ 7 pm for a dynamic multimedia seminar where I delve deeper into 9 “Don’t Do” Brain Factors (6 covered here + 3 new ones). Then I introduce an exciting 7 PILLAR model of optimal brain performance, highlighting 12+ “Should Do” Brain Health Habits. 90 minutes + Q & A. $10 donation appreciated but not required. Spaces limited. Please register in advance: brainhealth@ cgocable.ca so I can send you location details.
FREE TAROT READING (in exchange for your feedback donations also welcomed)
Email your general situation, first name (and last, ideally) to: firstname.lastname@example.org No rush orders! Entertainment Only but hopefully it helps!
“What the world needs now, is love, sweet love, It’s the only thing that there’s just too little of”
Is something blocking your loving heart?
The Transhumanist Agenda & Artificial Intelligence
We can bring you freedom with Divine healing of your 12-dimensional self and clearing from the root level.
by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within. hese song lyrics have been entirely relevant throughout our dark human history, and seems they always will be. However, there has also been tremendous sacred balancing on this planet, and for this reason, we are experiencing yet another intense push by off-planet controllers to further enslave humanity with more artificial intelligence (AI). It’s beneficial to understand some basics about the transhumanist agenda and AI because it affects us all. And it’s important to know the solution. Transhumanism, having computers and technology dominate our thinking and replace our biology as an accepted means of improving the human and Earth, is not our salvation. It is an attempt by the negative alien agenda to force AI and override our organic, life-giving God intelligence. Humanity has already been subject to countless invasions of our sovereignty so more mind programming, tracking of our social habits for brain mapping, imposition of nanotechnology, and distortion of our biology are simply more of the same anti-Christ agenda to degrade the human, usurp our consciousness, and extinguish our hearts. Alien machinery has already parasitized our world. It can mimic, monitor or disrupt our organic biological functions and lightbody, siphon or capture the energy of an individual, and alter his/her organic timeline. The body or consciousness can then be trapped and used to propagate artificial realities and future timelines, and serve off-planet negative alien races. Those that already use AI for tracking, programming, distracting, and deceiving humanity have no true understanding of the Soul-Spirit body and
I specialize in clearing stubborn patterns.
pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
consciousness. They would like us to never know we have power, but the Divine human is not helpless nor heartless. They do not know the power of love, but we do. So the anti-dote is to hold open our hearts. Keeping our frequency in love can de-activate AI. This begins with the practice of being open-hearted with ourselves, no matter what, so that we can truly love all else. Discerning the presence of mind control, as well as clearing our ego structures, trauma and all that blocks our hearts is our saving grace now. Only love can override the control on humanity. There is enough – it’s within us. Copyright 2015 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www. MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved This article is excerpted from the full article describing AI in more detail, and offering more tools to stay alert to mind control, as well as opening the heart. It can be found at www.melindaurban.com or www.tone.ca. If you would like healing support please call 613-253-2888. 15 years of intuitive healing experience: integrating holographic clearing of your multi-dimensional blueprint, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, and vocal healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns, and supporting committed Lightholders. Appointments in person or by phone. Subscribe to my FREE newsletter, Being the Peace.
1230 Wellington, Ottawa, ON 613-729-5973 October 2015
No More Boring Date Nights
CREATE CLOSER LOVING RELATIONSHIPS
By Marlene and Bob Neufeld
n last month’s article, we introduced the idea that play is important for a healthy relationship. In his book on Play, Stuart Brown describes a research study about date nights. “Couples that made a point of doing things that were new and unfamiliar had a much higher satisfaction measure than the couples who spent time doing familiar things. … Stepping out of a normal routine, finding novelty, being open to serendipity, enjoying the unexpected, embracing a little risk, and finding pleasure in the heightened vividness of life. These are all qualities of a state of play. … In order to keep things hot, people have to keep growing, keep exploring new territory in themselves and each other. In short, they have to play.“ We have made a practice for a number of years of trying new things. We have joined an improv theatre group, taken ballroom dancing lessons and are on the look-out for activities that will stretch us, take us into the unfamiliar and possibly even a bit of discomfort. A frequent question between us is “what could we do today that would be unlike us?” Answering this question has taken us to the Casino, the Ottawa naked swim, a burlesque circus show, among many other interesting outings.
Marlene & Bob Neufeld A Couple helping Couples learn life-changing relationship skills
Contact us NOW to find out if we can help YOU and qualify for a COMPLIMENTARY one-hour SESSION 613-594-9248
Robert Greene, the author of the book, The Art of Seduction, says that surprise is at the root of seduction. Surprise is often the first thing that disappears in a long-term relationship. Our experience is that when we are curious and open to being surprised, we discover new things about each other, even after 45 years. We invite you to open up to being surprised, to doing things together that will take you to new, fun, unfamiliar and playful places. Marlene & Bob Neufeld practice body-centered Coaching and Psychotherapy. They are a couple who help couples learn lifechanging skills and create closer, more loving relationships with one another. To learn more, see www.marleneandbob.com or call 613-594-9248 to arrange a 1-hour introductory session.
SUSTAINABLE INVESTING STARTS HERE
Workshop Life Purpose & Beyond: 5 Steps to Gain Focus, Clarity and Take Action on Your Life’s Mission
Offering will fund six new rooftop solar projects in Ottawa Minimum investment: $2,500 ($5,000 using RRSPs)
Knowing Your True Purpose is only the Beginning of Your Journey. The Next Step (the step most people never make) is Taking the Inspired Action Required to Move Your Dream Forward and Create the Life You Deserve and Desire. When – Where – Cost
10:30am – 4:00pm October 17th, 2015 The Separation / Divorce Resource Centre Inc. – 110 Beaverbrook Road, Unit # 2b $197... Early-bird – $147
To Register - Please go to : =>> www.MoiraHutchison.com/Life-Purpose-And-Beyond <<=
Aromatherapy and the Spirit
often write/talk about the physical attributes of essential oils, but not about their other aspects. Essential oils are the quintessential (pardon the pun) holistic therapy because they do indeed address body, mind and spirit. It seems like people are having a challenging time coping with all that life throws at them. It shows in our bodies with adrenal fatigue, weakened immune systems and other symptoms of ill health. Essential oils can help in many ways: by physically boosting the immune system, for example. But they also work on a spiritual level by allowing the mind to relax into a more meditative state, by allowing the individual to connect to the divine within. Sandalwood is an ancient oil, so loved that it has become an endangered species. we carry the Australian equivalent (Santalum Spicatum), which has been used over thousands of years in Egypt, Rome and Greece to grace temples and other places of prayer and meditation.
DEVENIR NATUROTHÉRAPEUTE EN ÉNERGIE? L’énergie qui soigne le corps !
Frankincense and myrrh are obvious candidates for spiritual work, since they have been used for thousands of years and incorporated into the Christian religion as well as the far eastern worships. I can’t resist a side note here that these oils were also excellent at preservation, and so were used in embalming etc. Frankincense is said to help a person feel inspired, protected and enlightened. Myrrh is said to help the ‘wounded healer’ by embodying courage, sympathy and calm. They have been used together to great effect. Spikenard is an oil you might not be so familiar with: it is said that Mary washed Jesus’s feet with spikenard. It is said that this oil inspires forgiveness, fearlessness and resolution. I think this is a very powerful plant for resolving inner conflict. There are many more essential oils that can help the spirit. Too many to mention here. I welcome you to come in and experience the aromas of our over 100 therapeutic grade essential oils first hand. Because scent is so personal, experience is the way to discover which oils you connect with. @Heather Garrod 2015. Heather is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix (Celebrating 10 years!) at 301 Bank St between Maclaren and Somerset. 613.567.4444 • www.planetbotanix.com
FO R MAT I O N/ T R A I NI NG • Une formation alliant enseignement, Maîtrise du Système Énergétique MD pratique et application-maison. Energetic Restructuration™ • Un cheminement et des outils pratiques S TA R T I N G N OV EMB ER 2 0 1 5 pour identifier les problèmes touchant le système énergétique et faire les soins de manière efficace et sécuritaire. • Apprentissage de la polarité; de la restructuration du système énergétiqueMD -par une manipulation énergétique afin de replacer et nettoyer la structure Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie énergétique déplacée ou affaiblie. et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N.
Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 HOW TO BECOME AN EFFICIENT email@example.com ENERGY PRACTITIONER AND DO RESTRUCTURATION OF THE ENERGETIC SYSTEM™?
Through a curriculum, you will get to: • Develop and gain knowledge of your subtle sensory capacities by decoding and understanding your perceptions. • Learn comprehensive information of anatomy on the physical and the structural energetic level. • Recognize and determine the cause of imbalances and problems aﬀecting a person's system and make the necessary adjustments within a therapeutic setting. • Use and apply tools which will enhance your energetic vitality and gain a better sense of behaviors influencing interactions and energy exchange; how it applies in our role and diﬀerent areas of our lives. The teaching and the documents provided are in French but all house and school applications can be handed in English.
The 3rd Alternative in Mediation – Part 2 “A successful lawsuit is the one worn by a policeman.”
n family law, there is no such thing as a successful lawsuit. Even if you “win,” you lose. You and your spouse lose all the time, money and energy spent fighting each other, resources that could have been put to much better use for the family’s benefit. Even more important, the family as a whole loses the benefits of a true synergistic solution. Last month I talked about Stephen Covey’s book The 3rd Alternative, and how he demonstrates the limitations of the 2-Alternative universe, with its clear winners and losers. Instead, he advocates for the 3rd Alternative, where both parents win, where the final solution transcends “my way,” or “your way.” Synergy never happens in a courtroom. It happens at the mediation table where parents in conflict are helped to talk in a different way. Here are Covey’s four steps towards creating synergistic solutions. 1. Ask the 3 Alternative Question. “Would you be willing to go for a solution that is better than either of you has thought of so far?” As Covey says, this is the question that changes everything. It frees people up from the tyranny of having to negotiate, and from the inevitability of compromise (often the worst way to resolve conflict). It has the effect of reducing people’s defensiveness, since the mediator is not asking them to relinquish their legal positions, rather to simply set them aside for the moment while a different type of discussion occurs. Even if the answer to this question is a reluctant, cautious “yes,” it’s still a first step away from destructive “win-lose” thinking. rd
2. Define Criteria of Success. The mediator then asks clients how they will know when they have reached a better solution. Their answers are often very telling. They never say, “When my spouse agrees with my legal position.” Instead, they say things like, “I’ll know when I feel it in my gut.” Or, “I’ll know it when I can talk with him without getting a headache.” When warring spouses are invited to put aside their hardened legal positions and envision what real success looks like, they inevitably talk about how they want their feelings and their relationship – not their legal positions - to change. 3. Create 3rd Alternatives. “Where do we go to find 3rd Alternatives?” asks Covey. He quotes the writer Amy Tan who, in a 2008 TED talk on creativity, spoke of the sources of synergy as “hints from the universe, the arrival of luck, the ghost of my grandmother, accidents.” In other words, people solve apparent legal
• 34 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
613.237.7335 problems by looking outside the law, by engaging their imagination and creativity to redefine what “fair” looks like for each of them and their children. 4. Arrive at Synergy. Covey says, “We know the 3rd Alternative by the excitement in the room.” This is what mediators call “the magic of mediation,” the almost palpable feeling in the room when conflicts have been resolved at a deep level. Covey: “Winning is fun. But there is more than one way to win. Life isn’t a tennis game in which only one player gets to jump the net. It’s even more exciting when both sides win, when they create a new reality that delights them both.” When was the last time you heard someone describe their court experience as “delightful?” Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
Daoist Nei Gong Internal Energetic Arts by Lotus Nei Gong School of Daoist Arts, UK
ei Gong is an internal process and it is the foundation upon which all of the Daoist arts are based and the connecting link between martial arts, medicine and meditation within the Daoist tradition. When studied as a stand-alone subject, Nei Gong is a systematic method of working with the three bodies of man (the physical body, the energetic body and the consciousness body) in order to attain good health, psychological well-being and, at later stages, spiritual elevation. It is the bringing together of the theoretical philosophy of Daoism with an enigmatic energetic process which enables an experiential understanding of the nature of Dao. In order to understand Nei Gong it is important to understand that it is a process rather than a set of exercises. In order to move through this process we use various tools including Dao Yin and Qi Gong exercises but these are used simply to help guide students through the systematic refinement of internal ‘substances’ required to move towards connection with the congenital self and then ultimately Dao. While most people will have heard about Qi Gong, Nei Gong is still a relatively unknown subject on our side of the planet. Qi Gong, meaning ’energy work’, often refers to various sets of exercises with specific aims - e.g. improving health, developing martial power, etc. As the name implies, Qi Gong works with Qi to achieve its aims. Nei Gong (‘internal work’) has a wider scope than Qi Gong. The most fundamental difference between the two is that Nei Gong does not refer to any specific practices or exercises; nor does it have any predetermined aims. Rather, Nei Gong is a process that works with transforming your inner being. While Qi Gong can be taught through exercises—by telling you how to breathe and move, for instance - Nei Gong requires transmission from an experienced teacher who has been through the process themself. Nei Gong is essentially a tool to awaken our energy system and take us backwards through the process of creation. Thus, we start working with our acquired mind so we can eventually lead it back to its original or congenital state of being. Classically, Nei Gong was the practice that manifested the philosophy of Daoism into something tangible; as such, it provides strong foundations for other practices like internal martial arts (Nei
Jia) and Nei Dan Gong (internal alchemy). If we consider it in terms of how far it can take us on our journey from the acquired to the congenital mind, Nei Gong sits halfway between Qi Gong and Nei Dan Gong. Because it contains various elements from both disciplines, Nei Gong can be tricky to define. Also, the fact that it is a process, rather than a defined practice or set of practices, means that it can be taught in very different ways. In a few words, Nei Gong could be defined as the philosophical art of change. Nei Gong is taught in a very systematic way within the Lotus Nei Gong School. Damo Mitchell has put together specific sets of Qi Gong and Dao Yin exercises to take beginners through the early stages of the process. These notably include Ji Ben Qi Gong (fundamentals of energy work) and Dragon Dao Yin (pulling and guiding moving sequences) exercises. By triggering reactions similar to Kriya in Yoga, these exercises help the students clear any major energetic and physical blockages. These energetic exercises are only used as tools to facilitate the Nei Gong process. At more advanced stages, the focus progressively shifts towards standing postures and sitting practices. What distinguishes Lotus Nei Gong from most other schools is the extensive use of transmission to help the students through the process. This is how Daoism was taught traditionally and Lotus Nei Gong is committed to this way of teaching. In 2011 Damo Mitchell wrote the book: Daoist Nei Gong – Philosophical Art of Change which was released through Singing Dragon. This book covers the basics and intermediate stages of Nei Gong training and gives an overview of the entire system. The internal methods taught within the Lotus Nei Gong School of Daoist Arts follow the process outlined in this book. Steve Galloway, of the Lotus Nei Gong School of Daoist Arts in the UK will be in Ottawa and will hold a Nei Gong Foundations weekend workshop. This workshop is suitable to both beginners and those who have attended previous Lotus Nei Gong workshops. Date: November 14-15, 2015 Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Location: Royal Canadian Legion, Westboro Branch, 389 Richmond Road, Ottawa Cost: $240 For further information, please contact Lainy at email@example.com. Lainy Yasuda is a TaiChi/Qigong teacher in Ottawa and is currently teaching in the New Edinburgh and Westboro area. www.breathechi.com
Visualization and Weight Loss Ottawa See The Pounds Drop Away!
he surprising fact is that many conditions can be improved by visualization and weight loss in Ottawa is one of them. It works like this: you keep a vision in your mind of how you want your body to look, and subconsciously you will begin acting in a way that will go in that direction. You become much more positive about your body, more accepting of your diet or fitness regime, and you will reach your weight goals more quickly and easily. Effecting change through visualizing desired outcomes has become more and more acceptable in recent years. Psychologists do not understand exactly how it works but clearly the mind and body are not as separate as we often believe. It seems that if you truly want something it is more likely to happen – provided of course that it is something that is possible, and within your control. Visualization helps us to truly want to lose weight by creating a clear and happy picture of our fitter bodies. Without this we can often put psychological traps in our own path. Many people who are overweight believe they cannot lose weight. Sometimes you may say it out loud, or
hear friends say it about themselves. For other people this belief stays in the subconscious. But it is sure that it influences our behaviour. Someone who believes it is impossible for her to lose weight will be constantly battling her own negativity when she is trying to diet. Her mind will be constantly telling her there is no point dieting, she cannot lose weight so she should just go ahead and eat everything she wants. Visualization is the strongest technique that we can use to overcome these negative thoughts and impulses. If you are plagued by negativity either from your own mind or from the reactions of friends and family to your diet, go ahead and visualize yourself at your desired weight as often as you can. It works on the same level as all those negative voices and can annihilate their influence like nothing else can. It is important to practice every day – morning and evening if you can. You just need to take a few minutes in a quiet place and keep an image in your mind of your body at its ideal weight. Some people can do this easily, others need some help. If you have a photograph of yourself at your ideal weight in the past, you may find it easier to look at that. Or use a photo from a magazine but cut off the person’s face. You need to visualize your own body, but thinner. You can also visualize from the inside. Close your eyes and let your awareness focus on a part of your body –
DR. LUKE ~ ONE OF CANADA'S LEADING HYPNOTHERAPIST ’S SAYS: You've tried everything and nothing's worked. THIS DOES, so well in fact, that over the past 21 years over a quarter of a million people have used this revolutionary system to lose weight and/or stop smoking quickly ...painlessly...permanently. The Journal of Behavioral Therapy calls it "The most effective program of its kind available anywhere... at any price." And now, this incredible program is being presented in a location near you by Dr. Luke, Clinical Hypnotherapist practicing hypnosis for almost 2 decades internationally. Book your group session early. Due to popular demand these programs often sell out!
LOSE WEIGHT Permanently
At last, YOU CAN LOSE ALL THE WEIGHT YOU WANT TO LOSE - and keep it off permanently-without dangerous drugs, diets, calorie counting, pre-packaged meals - and without using willpower. With Dr. Luke's exclusive methods, you will end food cravings, eliminate desire for fattening foods junk foods and second helpings, break the addiction to sweets, stop impulsive/compulsive eating, increase energy and ignite your metabolism to such warp-speed... you won't just burn fat... you'll incinerate it! You can expect results ranging from 20-60 lbs. In 3 months to 120Ibs. In one year. This program makes losing weight an easy, effortless, permanent process. There's no willpower, no dieting, no denial
STOP SMOKING Forever
That's right! Regardless of your past experience with trying to quit, YOU WILL STOP SMOKING TONIGHT...FOREVER! And you'll do it without craving, irritability, withdrawal and without weight gain. It's true! That expensive, unhealthy habit is gone forever in just one night. (And this program also works for chewing tobacco.) By tapping the power of your subconscious mind, hypnosis eliminates all desire and cravings in everyday life situations - in the morning, driving, on the phone, having coffee, after meals, under pressure even in the presence of smokers. Whether you're a chronic smoker or a casual smoker, whether you've smoked for 5 years of 50 years, whether you love to smoke or hate to smoke, you will leave this seminar as a NON-SMOKER!
LIFETIME GUARANTEE With Dr. Luke you'll enter an incredibly relaxed state of hypnosis where you are totally aware and always in control. During the first hour of the seminar, Dr. Luke will lay the crucial groundwork for your success. After a break the weight loss session begins, which takes about 30 minutes - sending the smokers off to puff to their heart's content on the last cigarettes they'll ever have. The stop smoking session follows. To ensure your continued success you'll receive a written LIFETIME GUARANTEE entitling you to FREE attendance at any future group seminar.
GROUP SESSIONS Thursday Nights in October Prices $49.97 OR $69.97 Cash, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal & Electronic Money Transfer Accepted CALL NOW 613-878-5874 361 Churchill Ave N, Ottawa, ON K1Z 5C4 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.lukenosis.com/
The Power Of Speaking Your Truth
earlessness through understanding one’s self is important to spiritual advancement. We all strive to be heard, to be understood and yet at the same time many of us try to say what we want to say, in a ‘nice’ way, so as not to hurt the other person’s feelings. It is impossible to speak our truth and not cause a stir in others. In the Law of Attraction, or “like attracts like,” whatever we think we create. We are now living in the time of magic. Science is showing us how that magic works. It shows that when we are clear and focused on what we want, without distraction, we harness the power to create. In order to do this we must know our selves. When we are clear of our direction, meaning we know what we are striving to achieve, we will go fearlessly into a long happy marriage, or a successful business enterprise. Selfknowledge creates a quiet confidence that transcends fear and worry. Emotional Healing through Intuitive Guidance will assist your journey out of the darkness of pain and confusion into the light of understanding. I remember in the days when I was a bridal designer, I had a photographer friend who brought the photos he took for my critique. The first time he brought a photo, I saw a flaw in the picture and told him so. He
left in a huff. He brought the photo redone, again I saw a flaw and told him so. When he brought the photo a third time, I asked him why he kept asking for my advice when he got mad when I told him the truth. His response was, “I know that you won’t b**l sh*t me”. This taught me that people will respect and listen to you when you overcome your fears of making others angry and are consistently truthful. Sonia Nadina Haynes is able to see into your past, present and future. Emotional Healer and Intuitive, she assists you to find the sweetness in life and to live your truth, fearlessly. Sonia Nadina has met and worked with clients from many walks of life, financial backgrounds and states of spiritual development. She is the catalyst for change. www.soniahaynes.com.
for example, your right thigh. Imagine it slowly becoming Our core sexual energy must integrate with thinner in your mind’s eye. our authentic spiritual power to fully address Then move to the other thigh, our daily issues. and on through the body. It As an integrative consciousness teacher, may help to start at the feet and relationship coach and counsellor, I have 20 move up towards the head, or years of training and life experience vice versa. supporting this emerging paradigm. As you go about your work or Access the root of your sexual pleasure and daily chores, think of yourself spiritual power through Divine Tantric Touch, as already at your ideal weight. Meditation and Ecstatic Embodiment Sessions. Create your own affirmations I cater to individuals and couples of all ages and repeat them often, always and backgrounds. in the present tense (“I am glad to be flexible, fit and slim”, not Devi Bliss, Certified Tantric Teacher “I will …”). Enjoy the feeling email@example.com ~ www.divinetantrictouch.com of having a positive self-image. Over time, this will help you to keep to your weight loss plan. You will find that fatty foods are less attractive and exercise is more enjoyable. While your weight loss will of course be gradual, the wonderful thing about visualization is that it gives you a new body image right away. Use visualization and weight loss to make you happier right now, today! Dr Luke
www.lukenosis.com/Ottawa-Gastric-Band-Weightloss(2773762).htm October 2015
October greetings from PL Community & Rev. Eugene Thayashi (sensei)
Anxiety and Acupuncture By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
This is such a beautiful season, full of colour and crisp fresh air that puts a spring to the step as we go about our business. If we are in the right time and place, we may get to smell a wood fire and the fragrant flavour of a fresh pumpkin pie. Many of us will be planning a family Thanksgiving dinner... the gathering of friends and the sharing of a fall bounty. In PL we celebrate Thanksgiving every month 21st of the month. Service is at 7 pm. Please join us to give thanks for the blessings of the past weeks, and to offer our appreciation for the blessings in our lives that will part of our tomorrows. Not everyone sails through the day feeling good, or being happy. We are here for you, Non denominational, we welcome everyone. Thanksgiving is a good time to come, service starts at 7 pm. Come a little earlier, meet the ministers, stay after and share rice and curry with us. Sundays service is at 10 a.m. Just as we must eat and sleep regularly to refresh our bodies, coming to church helps renew our spiritual energies. We are here for YOU. Church of Perfect Liberty 1010 Hunt Club Road - 613-225-1850 follow my blog, http://dymoonblog.com or visit Q and PL-Perfect Liberty on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/ShingeiDymoonPL I'm Dymoon, and I would love to meet you....
ith stress so common in our lives today, more and more people are suffering from anxiety. Ongoing anxiety can interfere with day-to-day activities and relationships and when this happens, it may be diagnosed as Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Anxiety can develop from a combination of stress, personality, gender, and life events such as an illness or past troubles. Those suffering from generalized anxiety experience symptoms such as constant over-thinking and worrying, restlessness, irritability, muscle tension, and fatigue. Chronic anxiety can also lead to other health problems, such as headaches, insomnia, digestive problems, or teeth grinding. Of course, all of us worry from time to time about finances, family, health, and future, but it becomes a problem for us when we are thinking and worrying constantly or when it prevents us from relaxing or unwinding from our daily stresses. A big difference between Chinese medicine and Western medicine is the way in which disease is viewed- Chinese medicine sees health and disease as a continuum. Anxiety is seen as an imbalance or excess of the emotion “worry”. Worry is a normal emotional state which enables concentration, memorization, and focus, however when worry gets out of balance it leads to constant thinking, brooding, worrying, and anxiety. Anxiety can be caused by our lifestyle, if we have too many stressors or too often, or we can be prone to it due to a constitutional imbalance or weakness in the spleen, heart, lungs, or a combination of these organs. Excessive worry causes our qi-energy to get stuck and not flow properly. This, in turn, can injure the organs, causing additional symptoms, depending on the organ(s) affected. By redirecting the body’s energy flow with acupuncture, we can help the body to correct internal imbalances and treat the cause of anxiety symptoms. Acupuncture also works towards emotional balance,
Laura’s Numerology News For October 2015 How to calculate your personal monthly number for September Add the day of your birth to the month of your birth and then add the number 9 to this number. You always add double digits together in numerology to reduce to a single number. (Example - birthday of Jan. 5 – Jan. (1 month) 5 (day) added together = 6 then add this month’s number which 8=14. Then add 1+4=5. You would read point number 5 if this was your birthday. If you still have trouble, email me at Lbaird@istar.ca 1. You will be happy to know that many trying circumstances of late will be coming to an end, now. I know that you are exhausted but you must force yourself to make a plan and get new seeds in the ground. Continue with the ditching and purging of anything that has to go. 2.
Life will force you to take care of lots of mind numbing detail in Oct. Try to remain calm and patient or you will be a raw nerve ending by the end of the month. Relationships and duty are the focus. This is a “we” month and not a “me” month.
3. Are the people in your life sucking the life out of you? It is time for radical changes this month. Make an effort to let go of past worries and force yourself to be more optimistic about the future. You need a break from your relationships.
perhaps even a lightening of your heavy load, but it will still be a slug. 6. How deep is the knot in your forehead? It is all about change, and it is not always easy, is it? Your home and family life are highlighted in Oct. Are you moving? This is an excellent time to buy or sell a home. 7. You need to take a big breath, and SLOW DOWN, this month. Relax, as you could be close to critical over-load. Try to focus on more solitary pursuits and focus on fixing what needs fixing in your mind and body. 8. The month of Oct. wants you to get your brain in gear and make important decisions. No more research is necessary. During this influence you will have an overwhelming desire to make changes in your career. 9. I know that you are so ready to get your shovel in the ground and move forward but stand firm and do nothing except eliminate anything that is in your way. Fine tune your resume to prepare for new business opportunities in Nov. Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist/life coach. Full sessions are available in-person to clients in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Phone and Skype sessions are conducted worldwide. For a personal consultation please email: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-725-7232
Be Vegan Make Peace
4. Did you have fun this summer? I hope so, because it is all about rebuilding and work, now. It is time to focus on any of the foundations that collapsed in the last few years and make them strong again.
For More info: www.suprememastertv.com
5. When the heck is this year going to be over….right? This is a tough one, and runs a whacky course all the way to Dec. You will experience some changes, and
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) so that we are better able to deal with daily stresses without falling into excessive worry. Acupuncture is also an excellent complement to therapy or counselling, helping to relieve the physical symptoms of anxiety and calm the emotions while a person works through the behavioural aspects of their anxiety.
Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
(613) 731-4901 23
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops Ottawa Organic Master Gardener Course Saturday & Sunday October 17-18, November 7-8 & November 28-29 COG National Office 1145 Carling Ave., Ottawa Early bird deadline - September 27 Registration deadline - October 9 For more info visit www.cog.ca or e-mail email@example.com
Love Peace Harmony Ottawa Calendar Listings – October 2015
Practitioners at Green Spirit in October! Saturday 3rd, 12:30-5pm – Mary-Lou Bartley – IET
Join us on Sunday, October 18th, 2015 for the 4th annual Women Wisdom and Wellness (W3) Event at the Shenkman Arts Centre in Orleans. Created by women for women, W3 is a fun, informative and impactful event that focuses on the importance of a healthy body, mind, and soul. The day includes a keynote presentation by Dr Nathalie Beauchamp that will be sure to ROCK your health, your choice of 5 interactive workshops with our expert presenters, Salsa and Hip Hop classes, a healthy gluten free lunch and so much more. For more information or to purchase your tickets, visit our website: www.w3ottawa.com.
Monday 5th, 10am-5pm – Kay Aveling – Sound Healings Thursday 15th, 5-8pm – Susan Barry-Howland – Angel Readings Friday 16th, 6-9pm – Michelyn Maloney– Tarot Readings and Crystal Healings Thursday 22nd, 5-8pm – Caroline Chapman – Reflexology Monday 26th, 10am-5pm – Kay Aveling – Sound Healings Wednesday 28th, 10am-5pm – Sue-Anne WatsonStitt– Astrology Readings Thursday 29th, 5-8pm – Susan Barry-Howland – Angel Readings Friday 30th, 12:30-5pm – Sue-Anne Watson-Stitt – Astrology Readings We also have several other practitioners who work from Green Spirit…please check out our website at www.green-spirit.ca and go to ‘Healing Services’ to see our list of regular practitioners. If you’d like to book in with any of them at any time, or find out more details, including pricing… …please contact Kay or Caroline on: 613 692 5151, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and registration, please visit www.MasterTeresa.com Tel: 905-707-6558
Green Spirit is located at: 5558 Manotick Main St, Manotick, K4M 1A5. (Just look for the big Buddha on the side of our blue and green shop J )
Personal consultations Thursday, November 5, 11 am – 5 pm • By appointment: 613.292.2288 Receive a soul reading and a powerful healing blessing to help you understand and resolve the challenges in your health, relationships, finances, and more. You will also be guided to receive Divine services that can quickly clear the obstacles in your path. Miracle Soul Healing Evening Thursday, November 5, 7 – 9 pm Learn how you can restore your health, relieve chronic pain, balance your emotions, transform your relationships, finances, and more. You could be chosen for a miracle soul healing demo! Divine Healing Hands Certification Training Workshop Friday-Sunday, November 6-8, 10 am – 8 pm Become a powerful Divine Soul Healer to self-heal and help others to transform health, emotions, relationships, finances, and more. Complements and augments all healing modalities. Information: Master Lynda Chaplin • 647.654.7711 email@example.com Location: Saint Paul University, Laframboise Hall, Second Floor, Normandin Room 249 Main Street (south building near Clegg Street) Master Sha’s Soul Healing Groups Learn effective and practical techniques to self-heal, prevent sickness, boost energy, balance emotions, transform relationships, finances, and more. Every Monday, 7 – 9 pm, $5 Tanglewood Park Community Centre, 30 Woodfield Drive, Nepean K2G 3Y5 Shirley: 613.292.2288 • firstname.lastname@example.org Every Wednesday, 7 – 9 pm, $5 1640 Cheevers Crescent, Ottawa K4A 2J5 Susan: 613.276.7132 • email@example.com Every Thursday, 7 – 9 pm Hawthorne Public School, 2158 St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa, K1G 1A9 Sara: 613.620.1996 • firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SUFI ORDER OF OTTAWA http://sufiorderofottawa.webs.com/ SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. A simple, easy-to-learn technique to enhance creativity and bliss and reduce daily stress. Free intro talk every Wed. 7:30 pm, and Sun.1:30pm (visit http://ca.tm.org to register) at the Ottawa TM Ctr., City Centre bldg (near Albert/ Preston) or call Mary or Gerard at 613 565 2030. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount.
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at
103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
PAIN RELIEF; correction of chronic conditions; addiction relief; weight loss; pro-active tune-up for health maintenance. Meridians Clinic (613) 728-2579 www.naetottawa.com BLAISE T. RYAN, R.TCMP, R.Ac. Specializing in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, Qigong and Child Psychology. Experienced & Registered. Adults & Children. Insurance receipts available. Located in Westboro at The Village Clinic. Book online at www.drblaiseryan.com or call 613-702-5377
• Adult ADD Support Group WEEKLY TWO HOUR MEETINGS are divided into, 1) causal discussion on individual coping styles and, 2) information, support and available resources. Meetings held Wednesday’s 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Contact: 613-868-1801 or email@example.com for location and detailed agenda.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor, Destiny Card Readings. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com;
or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy treatment ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com HEALING ANGELS OF THE ENERGY FIELD, Integrated Energy Therapy-Master Instructor and Journey Practitioner. Learn how to connect with your angels and be the best you can be. Contact Susan at 613-220-6551 or email me at email@example.com
• Anxiety ANXIETY, STRESS, DEPRESSION, GRIEF clearings on all Levels, bringing Balance, Health, Abundance, Peace & Purpose. DNA & LIGHT ENERGY Healing with 5 dimensional Tools for this accelerated time. Long distance available www.catherinegreen.net 613-479-0299
• Aqualead AQUALEAD ENERGY - Healing water, environmental healing. Level I, II and Master classes. Free of charge, donations accepted. Sabine Blais, Aqualead & Reiki Master. email firstname.lastname@example.org for schedules, www. aqualeadinstitute.org (819) 230-6638.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Art ART AND MINDFULNESS: Using sculpture
DIRECTORY to explore awareness. Individual sessions and workshops. No experience necessary. Hilde Paz 613 829-3408.
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716
JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259.
LORI HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; lori@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, email@example.com
BOWENTHERAPY OTTAWA Bette Madigan. www.BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) Mother Earth Natural Health Store, 747 Richmond Rd. Insurance receipts available. Call 613-7224249 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
11TH HOUSE ASTROLOGY GROUP, open to all levels, to exchange & learn, 2nd Monday of month (Sept.-June), 61 Main St. Ottawa. Info: 613-821-4839.
• Bowen Therapy
INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca
THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca
EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com
BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aura Photography AURA PHOTO & Chakra Balancing Aura pic & interpretation, Colour therapy, Clear blockages, Healing. Rina Soucy 613-841-8651
• Ayurveda NOEL SMITH-SPARROW: Ayurvedic lifestyle Consultant, phone: (613) 294-7798 email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
BOWENWORKS OF KINGSTON, Andrée Boisvert, Certified Bowenwork® Practitioner, 920 Princess St., Suite 105, Kingston, 613331-3625, email@example.com www.abholistichealth.com
firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Ceremonies CARRIE RATHWELL, CEREMONIALIST. Personalized ceremonies created for and with you: weddings, funerals, baby and family ceremonies, rites of passage, pet funerals, shamanic journeys for ceremonies, and more. 613-2371473. www.carrierathwell.com
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN. Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org
GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email email@example.com
NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis - True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required:
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
DIRECTORY • Clubs OWLS Club: socially-responsible club for ladies 40+, for friendship, support and co-creation. For info or to join: www.owls-club.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: email@example.com MARLENE NEUFELD, MSW, RSW, AND BOB NEUFELD, M.ED., help couples create closer loving relationships. We specialize in two-on-two couples coaching/psychotherapy. Experience our life changing approach which will help you learn skills and techniques that facilitate lasting personal change in a faster and easier way than traditional talk-therapy. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-chargeto you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC - providing Personal & Spiritual Growth Coaching, Mindfulness & Body-Mind Healing Therapies. 613-295-9987 www.spiritwell.ca www.annagreen.ca NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday from November 9 at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181
CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 MARY O’KEEFFE, MA., MSc., Clinical member, Ontario Society of Psychotherapists. Mindfulness & Compassion-Based therapy, for emotional balance, anxiety, stress, burnout, grief, relationship and childhood issues. Experienced therapist, Integrative & Holistic...613-608-7809 www.mindfultherapyottawa.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified
spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) Counselling couples and individuals toward more peaceful, loving relationships. LIVE, LAUGH, PLAY. Develop more insight and happiness - improve intimacy and reduce conflict. Counselling and mediation services are available. Receipts available, clinically supervised therapy. Downtown area. 613295-9987 www.annagreen.ca BRENDA GREY. B.A. Psychology (Honours) Registered Psychotherapist. Individual, Adolescence & Marriage. Depression / Past Abuse / Self Esteem Issues/ Interpersonal Conflicts / Anger Management / Eliminating Stress / Anxiety Author of : Mending a Wounded Life Gentle words for Healing. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-623-1888. Serving:Ottawa West /Dunrobin/Carp/ Kinburn/Almonte/Arnprior. https://sites. google.com/site/brendagreytherapy/home GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 EXPLORING THE POWERS OF THE MIND What are the tendencies of the mind? How can it be directed to be a supportive companion through the journey of grief? In this workshop you will explore practices - including visualization, breathing techniques, concentration and reflection - to help you understand the mind’s powers and expansive possibilities. This workshop will be offered by Swami Matananda, for Bereaved Families of Ottawa in partnership with Yasodhara Ashram. REGISTRATION REQUIRED Wednesday, October 28th, 6:30 - 8:30 pm 211 Bronson Ave $30 contact: email@example.com. HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only.www. healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow.com
DIRECTORY • Couples MARLENE AND BOB NEUFELD help couples who want to create a closer, more loving relationship with one another. Learn how to avoid the common relationship problems of criticism, defensiveness, or just drifting apart. Experience Bob and Marlene’s life changing approach, which includes their ability to bring a couple’s perspective to helping other couples. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-charge-to you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) - Improve emotional attachment , connection, and communication - reduce stress and conflict. Counselling and mediation services: receipts available, clinically supervised therapy. Downtown area. 613-295-9987 www.annagreen.ca
gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC Cranio-sacral therapy (Upledger), reiki and body-mind healing from life’s mishaps. CALM. RELAXED. CENTERED. Assists the body’s natural healing intelligence and optimal restoration of immune and nervous system functions for many conditions. Downtown area. 613-295-9987 www. spiritwell.ca
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful handpicked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT offers distance education courses in Reiki, Intuitive Development/ Counseling, Energy Therapies and Spiritual awareness. Take Individual Courses or become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist R.I.N. 819-328-9128 www.canadiannaturotherapies.co
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, email@example.com, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Light-touch soft tissue and nervous system therapy. Targets dysfunction and honours body’s own intelligence for healing. Also decreases depression, anxiety, stress. Increases range of motion, longevity, quality of life. WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly
ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | Crystal Store | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate includes “laying on of stones” | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dance DANCES OF UNIVERSAL PEACE: Join us in simple, meditative multi-cultural circle dances that use sacred phrases from the many sacred traditions of the earth to touch the spiritual essence within ourselves and others. For more information call 613-594-9248, checkour schedule at www.marleneandbob. com or email email@example.com BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification ION CLEANSE” Foot Bath Detox, fast, easy, effective way to detox the body in 30 min. Also offering “CHI MACHINE and FAR INFRARED
DOMES’ sessions. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna-Foley 613-842-3337 email@example.com IONCLEANSE™ FOOT BATH with full nutritional support for the ongoing process of detoxing. Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613)272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE AND EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE to release blocks and empower you to step into your magnificence. Catherine McLenaghan, certified Donna Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. Call 613-730-0411. Private sessions and ongoing classes.www.energywellspring.com
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
DIRECTORY • Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. HEALING FROM WITHIN. Energywork and Bodywork through Inner Knowing. Contact Jim Holland at 613-824-1181 DIVINE CURRENTS. ALS, MS, Alz, Neuro, Sensory. Also Herpes, all viruses. Carlos 613-231-6181 MARTIN DESLAURIERS – Physical and emotional healing. From injuries to chronic diseases, pain, burnout, grief. Grounding and self-healing group sessions. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Jurlique Organic Skin Care. Gayle Mickelson 613.422.5701
• Feng Shui BALANCE - HARMONY - ENERGY Enhancing spaces that transform your life. Registered Interior Designer and Certified Feng Shui Consultant. Specializing in Space and Clutter Clearing, Space Planning, Design and Decoration, Colour and Light, Renovation and Construction. Pamela Burns, ARIDO, IDC, Reiki Master (613) 741-4055 CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Feng Shui Workshops
provides two workshops. Introduction to Feng Shui with compass and Advanced Feng Shui with crystals both include certificates. Let Feng Shui in your home and in your life help you achieve Harmony, Abundance, Happiness and more. Workshops are held on the third Saturday or Sunday of each month from 1pm to 5pm. Pre-registration required. Linda is the founder and teacher of Dimensional Meditation with crystals. Call: 613-824-4548 or visit www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Family Planning FAMILY PLANNING CONSULTING using the highly successful Lunar Phase Method. One time fee of $100.00 includes personalized profile and follow up. Nancy at 613-324-4458 or fertility-wheel @hotmail.com.
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of stubborn patterns and blockages, healing of trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custom-made foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at dr.gauthier@ sympatico.ca or www.spineandfoot.com
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-6121181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Herbs JUDY’S ORGANIC HERBS Canada’s favourite source for medicinal herbs & health items. Huge selection of highest-quality organic bulk herbs including Premium Herbs from our gardens, vibrant tinctures, oils & vinegars, custom formulas, Ayurvedic herbs, Best-Tasting Krispy Kelp, DEET-Free Insect Repellent, Poison Ivy Remedy, fresh Ginseng, Vita-Mix, LiteBook, Chi Machine, Far Infrared Hot House, large selection of books & more. Mailed to your home or office. Free e-newsletter. Consultations available by appointment. www.earthmedicine.ca 613-832-8241 613-832-8241
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healing From The Core AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, email@example.com, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Tools for whole body presencing, pain and trauma releasing.
J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www.nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328
• Hotstone Healing JOIN HOT STONE ENERGY THERAPIST and Reiki Master Pauline Brown A.N.N. member for the utmost in healing, relaxation, and a wonderful state of well-being. $85.00 for 90 minute session. Call: 819-684-7885 or visit: www.healinghandswithpauline.ca. Receipts provided and gift certificates available
PRACTITIONER/FACILITATOR LINDA THERRIEN from Life Health Healing Center
DIRECTORY BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! HOT STONE THERAPY and massage, Reiki and healing attunements, Indian Head Massage, Aromatherapy massage, AromaZone Touch, Bio-Touch, Crystal stone energy. For appointments with Juane at Classy Nails & Spa, please call 613-834-9922 For information, please email email@example.com
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hypnotherapy WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE? Holistic hypnosis guides you to your unique solutions and a better life! Priscilla Corcoran, www.radiantchanges.com 613-859-3902 RID YOURSELF OF OLD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS. Hypnosis and HypnoAcupunctbure. SLEEP despite your partner’s snoring thanks to hypnosis. Weight loss, Drug, Smoking, Sex, Food and Gambling addictions. Age regression to correct decades old influences. Hypnosis by Judy Spence (CH), National Guild of Hypnotists-certified. Ottawa 613-7282579 OR Gatineau: 819-661-1061. 1st session: $100. Subsequent $80. Insurance receipts. www.naetottawa.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessive-compulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www.graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 email@example.com MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE
with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-2056670 www.martinebrisson.com BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - firstname.lastname@example.org www.kaivalya.ca KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist who will guide you to become who you wish to be...Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE, Reiki and healing attunements, Aromatherapy massage, Aroma-Zone Touch, Hot Stone Therapy and massage, Bio-Touch, Crystal stone energy. For appointments with Juane at Classy Nails & Spa, please call 613-834-9922 For information, please email email@example.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Energy Counselling INTUITIVE ENERGY THERAPIST/ COUNSELOR and Author Cheryl Jiala Driskell helps you BENEFIT from an ‘Intuitive Approach’ to your health. What is out of balance is immediately made clear and energy therapies bring you back to flow! 15 mins from Island Park 819-328-9128. www.intuitivelight.com
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Intuitive Psychic Readings LINDA THERRIEN World Known Medium Clairvoyant. Using Crystals, Chinese Astrology and Channeling Cards, my Readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and Spiritual Healing. I am accurate, dependable and gifted. I am Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, Past Life Regression Channeling Facilitator and a Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner. (613-8244548) www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 KERRY PALFRAMAN. NOT A FORTUNE TELLER. Goes straight to the root of troubling problems & yanks them to the surface for you to see. www.indigowisdom.ca
DIRECTORY LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 SUZANNE WHITE Bilingual Psychic/Medium, Card & Photo Readings, Dowsing, Psychometry and House Clearing. 343-8826559 email@example.com www.suesintuition.ca INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367 MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 DEREK VAN DER LIGHT. What are you looking for? Love? Money? Satisfaction? Let me help you meet your needs. Call or text me: 613.252.7509 Email: derek. firstname.lastname@example.org Blog: derekvanderlight.wordpress.com
1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Live Cell Microscopy
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Kinesiology THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid
LIVE CELL MICROSCOPY. Heal yourself at the cellular level. View red and white blood cell health, and contents of the blood stream. www.aliveandwellness.ca
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
• Lymphatic VODDER METHOD. Effective treatment for acute & chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM, RN. 613-728-2579 www.naetottawa.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a
parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427 MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www.restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS Effective treatment of many chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM RN. 613-7282579 www.naetottawa.com CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca RE - SELF - ING, a Journey to Wholeness, orthotherapie, swedish massage, reiki. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna 613842-3337 firstname.lastname@example.org NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca RIDEAU MASSAGE THERAPY - Feeling stress, pain,or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Free Parking. 418 Rideau St. 613-241-3434. More info at www.lorirmt.ca or contact Lori at email@example.com BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com YONG KAI, RMT, Registered Massage Therapist. Stress & Tension, Back & Neck Pain, Stress & Tension, Muscle Strains, Headaches & Migraines, Sciatica, Tendonitis, Sport Injuries (613) 435-6988, cell (613) 852-4852. Insurance Accepted. firstname.lastname@example.org MAITLAND MASSAGE THERAPY: a healing company.Online booking. www.MaitlandMassage. ca Free parking. Melanie Ransom, RMT, BHSc. 878 Maitland Ave. 613-722-6423
DIRECTORY RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com
965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com
DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com
A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: email@example.com or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127.
LEARN TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES that will enhance your growth and development to bring the meditative process into daily living. Individual and group classes-daytime/evening. ISUL method. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. email@example.com 1 800 226 4428 CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. DYNAMIC MEDITATION. Learn the lifechanging techniques of deep mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace and wellbeing. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion, development of chakras. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful & healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Sandy Hill, WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com, http://bit.ly/TwinHearts SAHAJA YOGA MEDITATION. Awaken your Kundalini energy to balance you, connect you to cosmic consciousness, and bring about your spiritual rebirth. Visit us at freemeditation. com or sahajayoga.ca. Saturdays 3:00 pm Ottawa Public Library 120 Metcalfe (FREE) MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. MÉDITER POUR L’ÉVOLUTION DU MONDE:Un nombre grandissant d’individus cherchent une façon de s’engager et d’aider la planète. C’est précisément le rôle des groupes de méditation de Transmission de participer au processus de transmission des énergies venant des Maîtres de Sagesse, pour le besoin de l’humanité. Joignez-vous à notre groupe de méditation, tous les mercredis de 19h à 21h au Centre communautaire Richelieu-Vanier, 300, avenue Des PèresBlancs, Ottawa, On, K1L 7L5. Informations supplémentaires: (613) 841-2264
• Meditation on CD JENNIFER BERNIUS guides you through 5 soothing and inspiring meditations to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. This CD, Into the Silence, with gorgeous musical accompaniment, will revitalize your daily meditation practice, helping to open your chakras and awakening you to the healing power of light. Cost: $20. 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mentoring Program FOR OVER 20 YEARS KERRY PALFRAMAN has been a spiritual teacher and healer. This program offers you her personal support and guidance in any area of your choosing. Empowering you towards you your next level of mastery. www.indigowisdom.ca
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• N.A.E.T. ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-661-1061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Natural Healing THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-627-3880, email@example.com PURE MED NATUROPATHIC CENTRE Licensed Naturopathic Doctors focusing on Digestive Disorders, Fatigue and Stress,
GROUNDING AND SELF-HEALING group sessions. Emotion integration and transmutation. 819
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
DIRECTORY Pain, Menopause, and Healthy Aging. Come in for a free 15 minute consultation to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 298 Dalhousie St., Suite 150 613-216-4661, email@example.com, puremednaturopathic.com
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org; 613-842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life and Spiritual Journeys ALLAN GREEN, Master Past Life and Spiritual Journey Facilitator since 1982; Allan sees what you see & feels what you feel. Eliminate Fears, Blockages, Pain from Past Life wounds. Find your Mission/Purpose, Meet Spirit Guides. Talk with People crossed over. Clear up people issues, that holds you back. www.allangreen.ca email@example.com 1-877-213-7576. FOR PAST LIFE REGRESSION THERAPY in Ottawa contact Monica at 613.864.4724 or Email contact@MonicaDumont.com or visit www.MonicaDumont.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions at a studio in the Byward Market, as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye sees clients for a broad range of physical and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones
to PTSD, Pranic facelifts or weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec. As part of her service to her community, Faye holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Sandy Hill every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario. ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook. com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Qigong PHILIP LAI QI GONG ASSOCIATION offers Qi Gong and Tai Chi courses at various locations in Ottawa. The classes are taught by Master Philip Lai (a certified naturotherapist who has 30 years of experience teaching Qi Gong, Kung Fu and traditional Chinese medicine) and associates. Qi Gong helps to reduce your stress, control pain and allergies, strengthen your self-healing ability and increase your energy level. Training to become a certified instructor and private consultations with Master Lai are also available. For more information, contact Catherine at 613737-0553 or visit www.philiplaiqigong.ca CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:15-10:45am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@ gmail.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: 2014: Nov. 22-23 Qi and Structure. 2015: Jan.17 9am-noon Free seminar; Jan.1718 Information Healing; Mar.7-8 Basic Level; April 18-19 Transposing and Mapping; May 22-24 Retreat; July 11 9-noon Free Seminar; July 11-12 information Healing. Contact Angela at email@example.com or 613 762 8893
• Psychotherapy PSHYCHOTHERAPY Training completed at Transformational Arts College Toronto. Hope to bring many years of professional work, karate and yoga training and personal experience to this new career. Help for self-awareness, stress management, relationships, career, personal boundaries, body image, etc. Eva 514-893-2175 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail email@example.com and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. firstname.lastname@example.org Visit: www.TheReconnection.com ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com ENJOY AN HOUR of head, feet & hands reflexology. Great for stress, relaxation and general well-being. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com, 613.897.9642 LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
DIRECTORY • Reiki LIFE HEALTH HEALING CENTER Linda Therrien, Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master/ Teacher. Weekly classes and treatment sessions. Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, weekly private classes. Call: 613-824-4548 www.lifehealthhealing.com
energy-filled life. Daytime - Civic Hospital Area. REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com
WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100
VISION REIKI- CATHERINE BASTEDO Holographic-Usui Reiki Master. Personalized Reiki classes in English or French; individual sessions, daytime/week ends. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. Call 819-778-2590 firstname.lastname@example.org
FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com
JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307.
KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com PESI SHROFF Traditional Usui Reiki Master/ Teacher & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins are committed to self-empower individuals who commit themselves to healing & personal growth. They offer Hands-on & Long Distance Reiki Treatments; Reiki Level I & II courses & Reiki Masters. Reiki is used for: Pain, Stress & Chronic Medical Condition Management; Anti-aging & Health maintenance; Improving Immunity, and more. Also See Workshops section. Visit www.zgoldenlight.com; Pesi: 613 829 0224; Lise: 613 795 1469; firstname.lastname@example.org “Empowering one person at a time” ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com UNIVERSAL LIFE FORCE-MASTER REIKI CLASSES 3 in 1 based on the Usui Method. New and all levels welcome...individual and small classes. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com ANNA GREEN, MA - SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – www.spiritwell.ca - 613-729-2775. Bodycentered Process Work, Spiritual Care, Reiki & Training, Chakras, Aromatherapy, Bach Remedies, Muscle testing, SET, EFT, Meridians/ Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an
HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 REIKI AND HEALING ATTUNEMENTS, Indian Head Massage, Aromatherapy massage, Aroma-Zone Touch, Hot Stone Therapy and massage, Bio-Touch, Crystal stone energy. For appointments with Juane at Classy Nails & Spa, please call 613-8349922 For information, please email relax.and. firstname.lastname@example.org JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org
MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com sGODDESS & THE GREEN MAN CRYSTAL EARTH RETREAT Personal customized Up-levelling Retreats for people using our services, on the Canadian Shield in OMPAH, 45 minutes North West of Perth. www.allangreen.ca www.catherinegreen. net www.crystalearthhealingspa.com 613479-0299 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427 STEPHANIE BROSSARD ROLFING® STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION. Stephanie Brossard Certified Rolfer™ www.sbrolfing.com email@example.com 613-240-5285
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836 GORGEOUS ‘VIOLET FLAME HEALING ROOM’ available at Green Spirit, a cosy, high vibration spiritual store located at 5558 Manotick Main St in Manotick. Very reasonable rates. Flexible schedules can be accommodated. Various forms of advertising included.
• Schools THE 8TH FIRE - School for professional training and development in the Algonquin Healing Arts of Shamanism, Spiritual Healing, and Energy Medicine. Two-year professional training program and certification offered, among the most comprehensive Shamanic Training programs in the world, taught by a Traditional Algonquin Medicine Person. Many teachings are unique and exclusive to this training alone. Phone 613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com for more info. ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Year Certification Program provides complete training in the ancient arts of Crystal and Shamanic Healing | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s Awakening the Illuminated Heart Workshop and more… | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism (Traditional & Authentic) ALGONQUIN MEDICINE MAN - Spiritual Healing & Energy Medicine, offering a comprehensive listing of services and
DIRECTORY ceremonies to help facilitate healings on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. Traditionally trained Algonquin Healer available at (613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com.
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 | email@example.com | www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com IN A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT, experience traditional ceremonies and medicine that promote physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Distance Healing also available. SatDaya Williams at 447 Holland Ave Unit 3, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com SHAMANIC ENERGY WORK IN PERSON OR AT A DISTANCE for physical, emotional and spiritual healing and well-being. Also animal totem workshops. Janice Land (613) 834-6677. www.journeytoinnerhealing.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556. SOUND THERAPY WITH FIBONACCI & SOLFEGGIO TUNING FORKS. Expand your consciousness and promote healing on all levels of your being, across all dimensions. Bring your soul back into perfect alignment with its own ‘song’! Contact Kay Aveling at Green Spirit in Manotick, 613 692 5151 or 613 795 1970.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. with Rev. Nicole Moronval, President and Founder, Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill ave. N. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at email@example.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tai Chi WEEKLY TAI CHI (Yang style) classes at PranaShanti (PS) Yoga Centre. Every Tuesday night from 7:30-9pm. Suited for both beginner and intermediate practitioners. For more info call Jürgen Portz at 613-7217888 or PS at 613-761-9642.
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org RECEIVE GENTLE LOVING MESSAGES FROM YOUR ANGELS through tarot. Please visit my website at www.nicolelehmann.ca or call me at 613-371-2525. TAROT READINGS with DAVID CLOUDS. If you’re looking for a Reading, it’s a good indication that you would benefit from having one. I have a home practice and make house calls. Please visit my website, davidclouds.com, or ring 613 619 5977
TAROT INTERPRETATION BY SUZANNE DUC. Private consultation and party readings available. Home page at www.facebook.com/ sdtarot. Contact (613) 841-2597 or suzanne. email@example.com to arrange an appointment. PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
• Thai Massage LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St.613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation, pain relief, supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Therapies & Healing PAST LIVES AND KARMIC HEALING. Through deep meditation reconnect with your past lives to heal hold wounds and free yourself from karmic links. Nathalie Hillman in Gatineau, French or English. email@example.com 819-930-2290 reprisedememoires.com
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visceral Manipulation AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, email@example.com, 613697-5644. Receipts available. Gentle hands-on abdominal treatment dialogues with body’s proprioceptive awareness, facilitating physical and emotional trauma release. Improves structure and function. Complements conscious eating, exercise and supplementation for optimal health.
DIRECTORY DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-236-5758. MINIMEWEBSITES.COM Affordable websites, banners. Free Consultation: 613-824-9348 WEBSITESBYDARLENE.COM - One small business helping another. From $250. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 email@example.com
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email email@example.com. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com.
BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION, SelfEmpowerment, Counseling & Developmental Workshops by Reiki Master Pesi Shroff & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins: Bring about the Paradigm Shift from a mindcentered to a heart-centered approach. Workshops: 1) Letting go of False Ego; 2) Releasing Self-limiting Thoughts; 3) Releasing Unpleasant states - Fear, Anger, Frustration, etc; 4) Forgiveness, the Easy Way; 5) Energetically Harmonizing Your Relationships; 6) Energetically Quietening Your Mind. Also see Reiki section. Visit www. zgoldenlight.com; 613 829 0224; 613 795 1469; firstname.lastname@example.org “Empowering one person at a time” SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www.spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact spiritpainting2002@yahoo. com Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX. COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/ certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS with an esoteric approach using hypnosis and NLP. For more info visit www. TheSuccessRoom.ca or call 613.699.4555 WORKSHOP SPACE AVAILABLE days and evenings. Maximum 25 people. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836
• Yoga RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE Are you stressed? Anxious? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? We’ve got you covered. With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone (sometimes even soup!).Come shop, socialize, sip on our house tea, read from our community library or drop off a food bank donation. Can’t afford yoga rates? Let’s talk. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation, like we said, we’ve got you covered, because yoga is for everyone With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation. www.ottawayoga.com 613.234.7974 342 Gladstone Ave YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other props, DVDs, CDs.
Complimentary tea after each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-304-6320, www.yogaandtea.com GENTLE YOGA AND MEDITATION. Mondays in Crystal Beach (just west of Bayshore). 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Maki House Community Centre. 19 Leeming Drive. Julie 613-254-8469 PRANASHANTI YOGA CENTRE. A full-service wellness centre in the Hintonburg area of Ottawa near the Parkdale Market minutes from downtown and numerous public transportation stops. In our custom designed eco-friendly 8,000-sq.ft centre, our dedicated team of teachers and therapists offer a wide variety of classes in 4 spacious studios and specially designed therapies in our Consultation spaces. Our soothing atmosphere and inspiring setting will help you cultivate a deep inner state of body centered restful awareness that will benefit every aspect of your life. Our spa-like change rooms with ample showers, Infrared Sauna and full service boutique further support your healthy lifestyle. Open 7 days/week, 80+ classes/week. Workshops, teacher training programs, concerts and events offered throughout the year. 100+ free parking spaces, complimentary tea served all day. Relax, take your time, leave feeling renewed. Drop in for a visit! 613.761.9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com ADI SHAKTI YOGA CENTRE IN ORLÉANS/ OTTAWA EAST serving with gratitude since 2003. Director/Owner: Lise Ram Das Latulippe. Ottawa’s Home of KUNDALINI YOGA: humanity’s most ancient yoga. Beginners & Advanced classes of uplifting, fun & highly informative Kundalini Yoga taught by experienced, certified teachers. Enjoy our healing ambiance, heavenly music, a cup of tea & community spirit. Classes 7 days/week. Private classes; Yogic Numerology; Nutrition consultations; Reiki treatments & training; Yogic workshops; Annual Women’s Yoga Retreat; Concerts; Monthly Gong Relaxation Evenings; Sunrise Kundalini Yoga Sadhana; Bilingual teachers; Boutique. We are the Yogic lighthouse of Ottawa East - Come Feel Great... One Breath at a Time! 1445-A Youville Drive, 2nd Fl., Orléans. www. AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com. Call 613 824-9189. SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your
DIRECTORY own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor WISHINGTREE YOGA CENTRE -- Yoga for Self-realization. For all ages, beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. www.wishingtreeyoga.ca NUDE YOGA (Private and SemiPrivate) For women who are comfortable in their bodies and who want to explore a deeper feeling of freedom while performing Hatha Yoga with certified and experienced yoga instructor, Teresa Splinter. Starting at $20.00. www. feelamazingyoga.com
BEYOND YOGA STUDIO & WELLNESS CENTRE offers over 7,000 sq. ft. of spacious studios, wellness facilities, change rooms, retail space and a lounge where you can relax, rejuvenate and enjoy our yoga community. Beyond is a sanctuary that will enable you to “reach beyond” to rediscover yourself in your search for your true purpose and passion. Please join us for classes, workshops, special events and wellness services. Conveniently located at 66 Hearst Way in Kanata beside the Eagleson Road Park & Ride. www.beyondyogaottawa.com (613) 591-9642 (YOGA)
LA TROPIQUA CAFÉ-Lounge, Yoga Studio and Spa, a new and innovative gem at 1292 Wellington St. West. An oasis for relaxation and healthy living. Contact: 613-695-CALM (2256) YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
Comes to Ottawa! HCC is an expanding organization with 78 chapter throughout North America. The Ottawa West Chapter will bring together like-minded practitioners and businesses from across all sectors, committed to a holistic approach to business and life. If you missed our pre-launch in September, contact Lise for details on the final launch in late October. email@example.com or 613 795 1469 Explore our web sites for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org International: www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com
Stephanie Brossard Rolfing® Structural Integration What is Rolfing® Structural Integration? Rolfing SI Is a form of manual therapy and movement education developed by Dr. Ida Rolf over 50 years ago. Rolfing SI works on the fascia (connective tissue) in the body to release and realign the entire system: bringing the body towards vertical alignment and greater ease in gravity. Rolfing SI can create some dramatic results, including: - Improved posture - Increased energy - Greater flexibility and range of motion - Improved balance and stability - Alleviation of pain - Greater body awareness - Injury recovery (including repetative motion, sports injuries, surgeries, etc.) - Enhanced athletic performance Rolfing is an excellent compliment to yoga, pilates and other personal wellness and fitness practices. For more information, or to book a session, go to www.sbrolfing.com or contact me directly at email@example.com or 613-240-5285
How do you want to feel?
CLASSIFIEDS • For Sale FAR INFRARED SAUNA. In pristine condition. Made in Ontario by SaunaRay - www. saunaray.com. Model SR-1 Compact. Fits one person. $2,000. Text: 613-298-1999. Phone: 819-682-0434 MASSAGE TABLE. Professional, heavy duty, custom designed with hole for face, shelving for towels, quality wood/vinyl top, easily disassembled. $1200 negotiable. Phone 613-829-2002 or 613-820-3743.
hysically vital, mentally/emotionally awake, spiritually free? Would you like to drop the physical pain, mental/emotional baggage and/or spiritual sleep that your body and mind has harnessed for longer than you would like to remember? Would you like to see the patterns clearly that are impeding your ability to simply BE, enjoy and thrive?
HOW DO WE DO THIS? My experience of giving and receiving BodyTalk sessions over the last 7 years has shown that whatever is limiting our complete overall well-being, can and does shift when brought into awareness and changes are suggested to the way that our bodies currently organize their information. Once our stressors are identified (past and present), their affect on related parts, systems and mental patterns are released as communication pathways between these parts are restored. Our nervous system resets to encourage this process, while reestablishing the unique balance of our bodies and minds. BodyTalk helps to shift a wide range of residual patterns, including: digestive issues, depression, anxiety, immune system weakness, musculoskeletal issues, endocrine, sleep disorders, headaches, chronic fatigue, strong kundalini awakenings, various traumas that the body has retained. “Bodytalk sessions with Lori provide a powerful space to focus on energetic structures that are at play just below my awareness. Lori acts as an amplifier that helps me to see the patterns that are present in my body and mind and are influencing my choices, as well as, physical, emotional and mental states. Awareness, combined with the BodyTalk protocol, help to identify, shift and reorganize these longstanding energetic patterns. Things that were unconscious are now becoming conscious, which I am confident will lead to different choices in future.” - Ellen, Project Management Consultant, Ottawa If you would like to bring more clarity to and shift your ill-adapted health patterns, come in for a BodyTalk session and you will be amazed at what your body has to say, as well as how you feel following… physically vital, mentally/emotionally awake, spiritually free. For more information and/or to book a BodyTalk session, please visit Lori Hollohan’s website at: www.energythrive.com and/or www.bodytalksystem.com, or email her at:firstname.lastname@example.org Lori Hollohan MA is a Certified Advanced Parama BodyTalk Practitioner, Cranial Sacral, Lymphatic Drainage, Mindfulness Coach and Reiki II Practitioner and a Hatha Yoga Teacher. She is Author of the book: “Who We Are When We Thrive: Remembering Happiness and Rediscovering Health”, as well as other conscious media, such as the Guided Meditations that are on her website. Lori is able to provide insurance receipts for her clients accepted by most insurance companies.
INDOBASKET.CA Need a special Mother’s Day present? 100% biodegradable hanging baskets complete with ready-to-use organic herbs! Order online or come pick one up in person at the Ottawa Farmers Market on Sundays on Bronson starting May 4th @ $15 or 2/$25 (del’y available) www.indobasket.ca (613) 304-1767
• For Rent
ROOM FOR RENT - Woodroffe/ Meadowlands. $495/mth. 40’s female seeks roommate to share tastefully decorated bsmt. apt. Two cats, so no other pets please. More info contact roomie@gmail. com or text 613-600-4136. HELP PLAN new model farm/forest/mixed activity co-op, some housing, 100+ members, different levels of participation, easy join, efficient technologies, within 1.5 hrs SW of Ottawa. Carlos 613-231-6181
• Looking for... WANTED: RMT, At an established (1998) Natural Health Centre. Very reasonable rates and great co-workers Please call Denise: 613-913-2803 Lori will also be an exhibitor at the Statistics Canada Health and Well-being Fair on Thursday, October 15th from 10am-2pm in the Jean Talon building at 170 Tunney’s Pasture Driveway and, as well, at the Namaste Healing Fair on Saturday, October 17th from 10am-6pm at the National Arts Centre at 53 Elgin St.
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor
Helping Our Children
Drumming Circle with Derek DeBeers Saturday, October 24, 3-5 Holistic Group Healing Thursday, October 22, 1-3 Children’s Class Wednesdays 4-6/dinner
hen I was a younger mother, I struggled unsuccessfully, (too anxious and angry), with trying to balance what I thought was good for my children’s health and what was offered by our culture. This included food, clothing, screens, music, sleep times, vaccinations, spirituality, education, medical care, sexual mores and holiday expectations--in no particular order. And research tells us that the upcoming generation of children will be the first who won’t live as long as their parents, directly because of this lifestyle. Now that my “children” are 24 and 28 and I have a seven year old grandson, I support them in better ways. First and foremost, I am learning to decrease the stress that I pass on to my family. It has required professional help to turn my negative patterns around and has been worth every hour and penny spent! Second is modelling. Openly sharing my struggles with my kids is better than expecting them to follow what I say and can’t yet do. Mindful compassion all around…and more smiling… Third is like-minded community for my family. Being with a loner parent led my children to abandon what was preached at home for what’s happening in the tribe. Can’t blame them! Now I create activities where children can explore spirituality, wild herbs, music, organic food, yoga and more with children of other families who want healthy balance. Better than fighting the culture. Fourth, I’m reaching out to the wider community, offering to teach a group on ADD in my grandson’s school, facilitating free Healing Circles in Carp and
Healthy Halloween Party Saturday, October 31, 4-7 Carp Healing Circle Sunday, October 18, 2-4
organizing an alternative Halloween party for the families in our area. Retirement from private practice allows me the time and energy. Finally, we plan to post ideas and resources for families on our website. Sign up for the monthly newsletter to find out more: www.ecowellness.com. Dr. Katherine Willow is a fourth generation naturopathic doctor with over 30 years of experience who founded and directs the Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre in rural Ottawa. She has moved from private practice to teaching and facilitating groups, including a monthly naturopathic coaching session.
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Abundant Life Coach Spiritual Counsellor Psychotherapist email@example.com www. sherryharriscounselling.com 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available October 2015
Community Y O U R B E L I E F S By Daniel Roy Activism at Work in Ottawa Ian Prattis CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
any of us arrive in adulthood with a long list of pre-conceived notions about a variety of issues. Our beliefs are naturally formed as we grow up and spend time with our family, friends and go through the school system. These formative years will invariably leave a mark on us and these beliefs will act as our operating system, helping us process information that comes our way. Our beliefs will filter that information and our behavior will be a reflection of that reality. But what if these beliefs were incorrect right from the start? The sad truth is that we will continue to run our lives based on these false or incorrect assumptions until a new set of beliefs are introduced into our brains. I’ve heard it said time and time again that “money is the root of all evil” or that “if these people are rich it’s only because they screwed people over to get there” and “the earth is flat”. Really? Take a few minutes to write down some or all of the beliefs that guide your life and reflect objectively on them. Do they make any sense based on your current view of the world? Have you received new information that changes your view on things? Maybe it’s time to do some cleaning up, much like getting rid of viruses in your computer. Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Financial Planner as well as a Certified Retirement Coach and public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of wealth management as well as designing meaningful and rewarding retirements. email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
y full time job this summer is organizing a big event in Ottawa City Hall – the 13th annual Friends for Peace Day. This has been my job for over a decade. This year the event was held in Jean Pigott Place, inside City Hall, on Saturday September 26 from 11am to 3.30pm. It all started on a bitterly cold winter evening years ago, as the Iraq war loomed. I received notice that a Peace Song Circle was happening on Parliament Hill. So I went, accompanied by my wife Carolyn and our dog. No-one else turned up. I remarked to Carolyn, “This is a good idea - it just needs to be organized.” She replied, “Let’s do it.” And so we did and created the nucleus for Friends for Peace Canada. Our mandate evolved so that we gave annual Peace Grants to local and international organizations making a real difference, as well as working in the city for environmental and social justice issues.
Pine Gate Mindfulness Community Nucleus of Friends for Peace Canada Teachings every Thursday 7.00pm - 9.00pm Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7 Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com • 613 726 0881 http://www.ianprattis.com/PineGate/ We organized 5,000 participants at the Peace Song Circle on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, held on a miserably wet, cold spring day in 2003. A sea of multi-coloured umbrellas on a rain swept morning welcomed all those gathered. As other peace protests joined us and sang “All Within Me Peaceful,” the crowd covered the grounds of Canada’s seat of government, all meditating at the end in total silence as the rain poured down on our heads. The pouring rain symbolized the tears of Iraqi children, my tears, your tears – transformed into hope through singing for peace with one another and experiencing deep peace. Every year since the relentless rain on Parliament Hill, the annual Friends for Peace Days have been memorable. We got rained and snowed on for several years on Parliament Hill, thunder and lightning at Alumni Park of Carleton University – before we moved inside to Jean Pigott Place in Ottawa City Hall.
The Science of Gratitude – Our Superpower By Rev. Roxanne Buckle
ratitude is one of the most powerful forces in the world. It is a spiritual tool at our disposal at all times. Through meaningful practice, we can use it to transform our life and manifest our desires. It’s our superpower and it’s free! In a famous study by Dr. Robert Emmons, people were divided into three groups. For ten weeks, group ~ Sunday Celebration at 10:30 a.m. one kept a gratitude journal, group two wrote down their hassles, and group three kept track of mundane ~ Our Kids in Unity program welcomes children ages 3-12 for a joy-filled learning events. At the end of the trail, group one was 25% experience. happier, had less physical ailments, and slept better! Gratitude is more than just saying thank you or grace ~ OM Hour Meditation (last Wednesday of the month 7-8 p.m.) at the dinner table. It is a feeling. Properly applied, gratitude takes us from our head to our heart, and Location: The Good Companions Centre connects us to our power centre. As an emotion, gratitude (670 Albert St) is harmonious with the vibration of abundance. It is a tool to help us manifest our dreams. For more information go to unityottawa.org At Unity Spiritual Centre of Ottawa we teach that or call us 613-700-6489 or email us gratitude is key to “creating our life experiences through firstname.lastname@example.org our way of thinking”. We know that our thoughts, which are real and We are an inclusive, joy-filled community physical things, produce our feelings. Science has celebrating Oneness. confirmed that every thought we have is used by our cells. Over time, we inadvertently train our cells to Gratitude is always free, available, and will help a become addicted to certain patterns of thoughts – our situation when applied meaningfully. beliefs. Fortunately, we can replace habitual negative thought with more positive, empowering thoughts of (excerpted from a Sunday Lesson by Rev. Roxanne Buckle, gratitude -- We are in charge! Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa. unityottawa.org) In feeling gratitude our desires manifest more quickly and easily. The practice of gratitude becomes a superpower when we have gratitude in all things, and not just for all things. Be grateful in all things -- our ability to breathe, walk, talk, imagine, our loved ones, and our small victories. This type of gratitude opens us up to acceptance/non-resistance so that we can meet any experience with power, wisdom and understanding.
Open Lecture Discussions Saint Paul University,
233 Main St, follow signs to room
The Friends for Peace Day is an awesome, diverse, unique Ottawa experience. It is made possible by the generosity of volunteers and supporters and the diversity of Ottawa who show up to have a good time, be educated and inspired. It is fun, poignant and direct. The family grows bigger each year. All Nations, All Traditions – A Circle of Friendship www. friendsforpeace.ca I love my summer job. It is such a rewarding experience.
Oct 14; Nov 18; Jan 13; Feb 10, 7 - 9 pm Suggested donation: $15, members free
Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 All welcome
The Pathwork lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org For information about the Pathwork in Ottawa:
Lifting and Lightening
n October of last year i came to ottawa to offer yoga workshops. I came from an amazing spiritual retreat centre called Yasodhara Ashram, in BC. Swami Radha first started the ashram over 50 years ago. ‘Outreach’ is what we call it when we travel and bring workshops to other centres. We do this because we know that many people have busy lives and are sometimes not able to travel for a retreat. We also hope to reach people ‘out there’ who would benefit from visiting and learning here at Yasodhara Ashram. This is following in a tradition that Swami Radha began in 1963, traveling often by car from the Ashram to Florida, California, Virginia Beach, etc.. One morning when I had some time in between workshops, a friend who used to work in the Parliament Building, agreed to take me to see it. When we were about a block away, some police people started to yell and tell us to clear away. It took a few minutes for us to understand that there was an emergency, that someone had been killed just minutes before. Some people were simply standing around, until finally, we all got the message that we had to move, that the city was going to be locked down. That was the beginning of a traumatic day many people in Ottawa, as roads and schools were closed. Later that evening, I was scheduled to lead a workshop in Ottawa. I hoped people would be able to come. Some people who were registered called to let me know that they couldn’t get through because of the road closures. And some people did come. It was such a healing 2 hour workshop. We used the practice of the Divine Light Invocation to put all those who suffered from that violent incident, into the Light. Each one of the people in the workshop had their own story, their own reaction to the event: Some were under a lot of stress, some had experiences of giving to others/helping others, some faced confusing reactions in themselves, others had memories of past tramatic experiences....everyone was affected differently. The students were able to benefit from some new knowledge about themselves by writing key words and reflections and doing simple spiritual practices. Through this reflective process and the spiritual practices I forgot the large conferenc-y space, and became aware of us as a group, held in our similar intention to lift the circumstances of a day in our lives, and to learn from it. From that lifted and lightened place, we wished the world well, sending out our caring far and wide. I’ve been living and teaching at the Ashram for 20 years now, and the above example is one of the many uplifting experiences I’ve had with Swami Radha’s teachings. One of her main directives for all of us has been: Reflect, Reflect, Reflect!
Swami Matananda, Senior Teacher at Yasodhara Ashram, will be visiting the Ottawa area to offer the following workshops. FINDING BALANCE IN TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY Thursday, October 29th, from 7-9pm at Wakefield Community Centre (38 Valley Dr) CONNECTING BODY, MIND & SPIRIT – NOURISHING THE WHOLE Friday, October 30th, from 7-9pm at Surround Circle Yoga, Southminster United Church, 15 Aylmer Ave
STILLING THE MIND Saturday, October 31st, from 10-4pm at Jim Robillard Union Centre, Cupe 503 - 1505 Carling Ave DIVINE FEMININE, DISCOVERING THE POWER WITHIN Sunday, November 1st, from 10-4pm at Jim Robillard Union Centre, Cupe 503 – 1505 Carling Ave
For more information and to register, visit yasodharayoga.org/ottawa
Swami Radha was a pioneer in the development of yoga in the West. Her approach is distinguished by her unique ability to synthesize yogic teachings and western psychology. Her major focus was to interpret the ancient yogic teachings of the East so that they could be understood and applied in the daily life of westerners. She set high ethical standards and encouraged students to develop quality in their lives and manifest their own ideals. Her teachings are based on building character as a foundation so that the energy gained through spiritual practice is directed wisely. I will be back in the Ottawa area this October, offering workshops from 2 hours to 8 hours in length. For more information, please visit www.yasodharayoga.org/ ottawa Swami Matananda, Senior Teacher, Yasodhara Ashram
A healing journey to a calmer state of mind...
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Shiatsu Thai Yoga Massage Ayurvedic Therapies Reiki Reflexology Lomi Lomi Sound Healing Tree Essences Couples Services Crystals Advanced Skin and Body Care Therapeutic Massage RMT Organic Skin, Body and Hair Care
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
35th Anniversary Conference
Mindful Approaches for Strong Relationships Tuesday, November 10, 2015 Afternoon workshops (1pm-4pm) o Our Adlerian Psychotherapists will present on strengthening relationships in couples, families, and in the workplace. Evening program (7pm-9pm) o Alyson Schafer, Parenting Expert, Radio and TV Personality: “Mindful Practices for Managing Power Struggles”
45 Rideau at Sussex, 2nd floor Telephone: 613.241.7770 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Adlerian Counselling and Consulting Group is a leading provider of Psychotherapy, Counselling, Training and Consulting. We work with individuals, couples and families on a broad range of issues. In the workplace, we provide positive and creative solutions to the challenges our clients face. For more information, contact us by phone at 613-737-5553 or by email at email@example.com, or visit www.aderiancentre.com.
Pl ane t B ot a n ix We llne s s C l inic
elcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops. Julie Larochelle Usui Reiki Master & Tarot readings Reiki is an ancient technique used to restore a more balanced energy flow throughout your body. Julie will assist you in removing obstacles and bring peace to your overall wellbeing. October special - Julie is offering mini readings on Friday nights from 5- 9 for the month of October only (20.00/ 20min)
Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional wounds. www. ottawacounselling.com Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.TCMP Registered Acupuncturist and Herbalist. She studied in the mountains of North Carolina in the art of classical Chinese medicine under the guidance of 88th generation daoist priest, Jeffery Yuen. Inspired by not only the physical aspects of this rich medicine she is passionate about the spiritual and emotional aspects of our health and healing process. Please visit www. tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more information!
Avi Davies Thai Yoga massage is an ancient form of body work that combines rhythmic motion, energy line balancing, and gentle stretching into a comprehensive healing modality.Thai massage is excellent for postural issues, improving circulation, and for feeling at ease in your body. Avi has been practicing Thai massage since 2006. firstname.lastname@example.org Patty Chevalier Samm Patty is a medical intuitive, ThetaHealing Instructor and Reiki Master. While looking at physical issues, limiting beliefs and thoughts, and blocks in the flow of life-force energy, Patty works intuitively with you to create change for the body, mind and spirit. Individual sessions and workshops are available. Visit www. keyahealth.com Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details.
Workshops for 2015-2016
Qi-Matic Research Centre: Workshop by Sifu James 2015 Oct. 17-18 Transposing and Mapping Nov. 28-29 Information Healing 2016 Jan. 16, 9:30- noon Free Seminar Jan.16-17 Qi and Structure March 5-6 Basic April 2 Open Mind May 13-15 Retreat June 4-5 Transposing and Mapping July 9, 9:30 -noon Free Seminar July 9-10 Information Healing
Info & Registration Angela Fung email@example.com 613-762-8893
Our Journey as Healers Sri Chinmoy Answers
s sisters, we have been on our own individual journeys of wellbeing through the ancient wisdom and modern science of energy vibration for over 20 years. Reading, deciphering and living with (and at times without) the joy that energy brings has inspired us to share our personal journeys with each other on deeper levels. During this process, we realized our purpose is to be in highest energetic service in what has become the Be Your Self Project.
Everyone has life lessons to learn. Having the courage to be vulnerable, giving yourself the permission to be your true and higher self and following your deepest soul path can be difficult at times. We are grateful to know there is a larger community eagerly waiting to connect. As we share the stories of our healing journey, people impart their energy experiences and wisdom graciously in return. The biggest theme is clear – there is incredible interest for self-awareness energy tools that are easy to understand and complement a modern lifestyle. The services and products of the Be Your Self Project were born out of this theme. We have created a number of interactive awareness tools that share the language of energy and SELF Being – AWAKE energy essentials, ALIVE energy practices and AHA! lifestyle wisdom. We believe everyone is a healer and our tools empower you to heal your body, mind, soul and spirit. To be launching our line of interactive energy cards – AWAKE, ALIVE and AHA! – at home in Ottawa will be a life changing moment for us. They are inspired from our deep love of nature and our region. Filled with original eye-catching photos and inspirational messages of energy and SELF Being, they are complemented by a line of energy wear and energy events.
We would love to see you at the I AM GENIE event with Deepak Chopra on Saturday, October 17, 2015 at that National Arts Centre. Dee and Shar are Energy Lifestylists in service to those seeking a holistic lifestyle of body, mind, soul and spirit. We encourage you to join the worldwide energy movement at www.beyourselfproject.com
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Question: What causes fear and how can we develop more courage? SRI CHINMOY: Where there is love, real love, there can be no fear. Fear can come into existence for various reasons, but the main reason is our sense of separateness. The world around us very often frightens and threatens us. It causes unnecessary fear in our mind or in our existence because we have not yet established our oneness-reality with it. Fear exists just because we want to remain separated, consciously or unconsciously, from the all-pervading Reality which we eternally are. Fear can exist in all parts of our being—our body, mind and heart—but most of the time we experience fear in the mind. The doubtful, suspicious and sophisticated mind finds it difficult to identify itself or feel oneness with the rest of the world. Meditation is absolutely the best way to overcome fear. To conquer fear in the mind, one has to empty the mind daily of its doubt, obscurity, ignorance, suspicion and so forth. Early in the morning, for ten minutes or so, try not to have any thoughts—good or bad. If a thought comes, do not let it enter. Feel that your mind is like a vessel. First empty it, and then wait for peace and light to enter. This peace and light will dispel the darkness of fear. Ultimately, to free ourselves from fear, what we need is the glorious experience of our soul. Fear will leave us when we feel that we are destined to do something for God. The word “destined” brings boundless courage to the fore. Even if somebody is weak in nature, if he feels that he is destined to work for God, then immediately from the inner world heroism comes forward. He will fight against any obstruction with a strength and inner determination that will surprise him. Obstructions may come in the form of impurity, jealousy, fear and doubt, but the word “destined” will smash the pride of all these negative forces. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
Close Your Eyes
By Kim O’Brien upa, co-founder of Wishingtree Yoga Centre, once asked me why I do yoga, what my goal is when I attend a class. I told her that when I come to my mat it’s to take a break, to get out of my head and to unwind. Yoga demands my full attention without being overly demanding. The simplest poses can be the most rewarding, just because I’m there and I’m doing it. When I am focused on the physical challenge of the poses and concentrating on nothing but posture and breathing I become wholly present in the moment and everything else slips away. “Close your eyes.” Rupa encourages us to do this as much as possible throughout our practice. At first I thought it was just to improve balance and increase the level of difficulty. I thought it’s not always easy, especially for standing poses, but with time and regular attendance I am gradually improving. I feel so proud when I can move or hold a pose in a way that once eluded me with my eyes shut. But as I continue to follow classes I am discovering that there is so much more to it than just a physical challenge. “Close your eyes.” I am listening to my breath. I sense the mat beneath me. I feel every one of my muscles shifting and contracting as I move. I visualize the stretch
in my mind’s eye. I trust my body to find its center of gravity and to tell me when I’ve gone far enough. I am aware of and connecting with my physical self entirely, allowing all my senses to ground me in the moment. I disappear inside my body and feel completely liberated. I’m beginning to understand that through this simple action Rupa is inspiring us to deepen our yoga experience and explore a world within ourselves. So “close your eyes.” I invite you to try it and see where it takes you. Rupa has been practicing Yoga since 1996. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom; her living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way.
Wishingtree Yoga—Simply Yoga
150 Katimavik Rd. Suite 201, Kanata, Ottawa
Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance Approved 200h Program
Start a journey with Rupa Manjari Devi Das. Expand and Deepen Your Experience.
Rooted in ancient wisdom Combined with modern practice Linked to the path of East and West
Free information session on Sunday, October 25, 2015, 10:45 am
Special offer: $2388 + Tax + Karma Yoga
For more information, please visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Dr Paul Greenacre
Yin For Muscles
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613 234-5758
www.medicaldentistry.ca Downtown and Alta Vista locations
Energy Healer & Divine Channel Live your authentic life. 613.296.4271
tretching has traditionally been seen by many as that ‘chore’ we have to (should) do before and/or after we exercise, as it can help with muscle stiffness the following day. But stretching has another surprising benefit; it can actually promote muscle growth. Our muscles are encased in fascia – fibrous tissue that keeps them where they are supposed to be. If we work out a muscle properly, we are indeed increasing its size, but growth can be limited by surrounding fascia. Studies show that that best way to expand this connective tissue is by ‘facial stretching’, or what I like to call Yin Yoga. If you are an athlete the best time to do a Yin practice is immediately after your workout when the muscles are engorged with blood and pressing against the tissue. As we Yogi’s know, with a Yin practice we feel that deep stretching sensation, which at first may be on the edge of unpleasant but then once we settle in, oh boy does it feel great! Add into this our deep nourishing breath and clearing meditative state of mind, who knows what else besides our muscles can grow? Submitted by: Sarah Dow-Imrie, Certified Personal Trainer, YT-200, RHN www.betterbalancelifestylecoaching.ca
We bring training, Yoga and nutritional consultations to you!
ROLLANDE THOMPSON Since 1974. Renowned bilingual tarot card reader, palmistry, numerology. Accurate, honest and dependable. My readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and your finances. I respect my work and will give you only my best. Individual consultations at your service. House parties and my own psychic line. Only a phone call away. Formerly on CFRA, CHIP & Rogers TV Telepsychic Show To book an appointment, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kalyana Yoga Shala Offering Yin Yoga Intensive Training with Stephanie Calhoun
November 13-22, 2015 (10 DAYS/100 HRS) 7:30 am to 5:00 pm daily
Tel.: 613-745-9642 375 ST. LAURENT BLVD.,
3 s y a D ly On
BEST WESTERN HOTEL
1876 Robertson Rd., Bells Corners
NOVEMBER 6 - 8, 2015
Friday: 2pm-10pm Saturday: 11am-10pm Sunday: 11am-6pm
TOP PROFESSIONAL PSYCHIC READERS Psychics Lectures Mediums Demonstrations Tea cups Crystals & tarot cards Astrology for sale Holistic wellness show Join in on our seminars to find out Numerology about your own psychic abilities and Tarot Cards get your questions answered by our Aura Camera top pro psychics. Palmistry BE PREPARED FOR WHATâ€™S COMING UP! Free gemstone with admission $8.00; $5.00 with this ad 48
Tone mailing address: 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The October 2015 issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa