UK Astrologer, SteveJudd.com Oct 15
OttawaWhiteTantricYoga.com Oct 5
October 2013, Vol. 29, #2, Priceless
The groundbreaking study that ushered in a new era of understanding
n 1903, a groundbreaking study1 was made on blind people. The study found that some people who were deprived of sight were still able to sense or perceive objects in the room in a way that defied scientific explanation. It was from this study that the term “Sixth Sense” originated to describe the ability people have to perceive information beyond the normal five senses. Now, after years of research, observation, testing, practice, and experience I’ve discovered there are actually 12 senses. Seven of these were lost over a century ago when this study did not go further in trying to understand and explain them. These 7 Lost Senses™2 are: 1. The Sense of Imagination—sometimes called the sixth sense, it links the physical and the non-physical senses 2. The Sense of Balance—calibrates our inner and outer worlds. It works together with the sense of imagination to create a bridge between the first and last five senses. 3. The Sense of Life—also called the sense of light and darkness, calibrates and observes the life force. It’s linked to and connected to but does not involve sight. Its symbolic attribute is the solar plexus, the third chakra. 4. The Sense of Voice—this sense is attuned to both the voice of soul, the voice of passion, and spiritual pain. It’s also related but not linked to sound. Its symbolic attribute is the throat, the fifth chakra. 5. The Sense of Movement—it corresponds to and is linked to smell; it has no boundaries. Its symbolic attribute is the root, the first chakra. 6. The Sense of Warmth—it is linked to touch and can be calibrated through color. Its symbolic attribute is the heart, the fourth chakra. 7. The Sense of Substance—the sense of mattering, the sense of soul; it is connected to taste. Its symbolic attribute is the sacral, the second chakra. These senses have been unconsciously used for thousands of years. These senses are what have helped psychic, mediums, energy healers, prophets, and shamans develop the abilities they have. If you’ve studied or worked with Reiki, Qi Gong, or any type of energy healing, you’ve been using these senses unconsciously. Which one of these 7 Lost Senses™ do you think you’re unconsciously using at work or in your life? Alain Jean-Baptiste, Medium, Success Coach, and Author of the book: “The 7 Lost Senses™: Developing your Intuitive and Psychic Abilities”. This November discover how you can develop your intuitive abilities to remotely view the future, communicate with soul, spirit and the other side, in our one-day Intuitive Strategies Training™ Intensive. Call 819-772-9473 or register at www. alainjeanbaptiste.com/events and receive your free newsletter. Discount code: Tone2013.
HEALTH CANADA APPROVED
Traditional Herbal Medicine
Immune System Support * Proprietary Herbal Formula Gluten Free cGMP Compliance Trusted Worldwide Since 1922 Made only in Canada Exported Worldwide
NPN 80012920 NPN 80012914
Doctors Recommend Available at: Health Stores & Pharmacies
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEITS! ESSIAC® Canada International P.O. Box 23155, Ottawa, Ont., Canada K2A 4E2 Tel. : (613) 729-9111 · Fax : (613) 729-9555 E-mail : email@example.com * FULL TEXT COPYRIGHT © 2013, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
AUTHORIZED USER OF ESSIAC TRADEMARK
October 2013 RES-6488 Tone 1/2 Page Vertical no bleed Essiac.indd Description:
1/2 TONE MAGAZINE AD
Docket: RES- 6988
2013-07-16 12:15 PM
100+ CLASSES PER WEEK
How our graduates describe
HatHa yoga teacHer training: Transformative Heart Opening
Positive Life Changing
Teach what you love! Deepen your practice!
starts october 18th
342 Gladstone Ave. between Bank & O’Connor • 613.234.7974 • www.ottawayoga.com
Challenge yourself Gain knowledge Touch your soul Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training
with Devinder Kaur & Guests begins October 18
Functional Anatomy & Therapeutic Yoga
with Marlysa Sullivan, October 25-28
Celebrating 5 Years - Sunday, October 6th 90 Classes per week, Master Classes & Trainings 52 Armstrong St. near the Parkdale Market
613-761-9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com
Black Hole Healing
Once the crucible of trust or sacred space has been created and the client is in a relaxed state of ne of the most challenging moments that I experience consciousness it is possible to travel deeper into their as a counsellor and as a mediator is when a client black hole and locate the dysfunction. When a client comes to an impasse in their psyche, which defies all the has dis-identified with their persona and commences different modalities of therapy and conflict resolution. assimilating their “shadow” self, incredible healing Sometimes the client sees this “blind spot” but more and significant change becomes possible. Step by step often than not I see it and they become very defensive the hypnotherapist encourages the client to move about it. Sometimes it takes great courage on my part to beyond the familiar into his or her own unknown. In lovingly address this issue. At this challenging moment Buddhist psychology this is called “facing into the fire”. I commit myself to sharing and reflecting what I am In existentialist psychology it is called “the encounter experiencing in a calm, compassionate, non-projective with nothingness”. and non-judgmental fashion. I attempt to utilize a My task as a hypnotherapist is to empower my clients “best-fit projection” of what I am experiencing. I extend to “make friends with their fears”. I also act as a mediator complete latitude to them to partially or fully accept or between their inner conflicts. I urge them to distinguish reject my projection. between their rational and irrational When a client completely or mostly fears. I make suggestions to them that accepts my best-fit projection, I then s s s might support them in navigating e lln let them know that, in my view, we and negotiating their way through we are dealing with what I call a smokin their psyche. frui “black hole”. A black hole is a cluster I encourage my clients to avoid or complex in a person’s psyche bypassing scary and distasteful xie which usurps and/or sucks away ty issues. I remind them that self tremendous amounts of energy that -esteem “dissolving is resolving” and that is then not available to the person t they do not have to solve an issue all weigh for maintaining a conscious, healthy at once. attitude and life-style. I gently invite COUNSELLING, COACHING I continually remind my clients the client to explore further into this black hole, after checking with them & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE that it is literally impossible to exorcise or totally get rid of any one Richard M. Haney to see if their trust in our relationship Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist bad memory or negative part of is strong enough to allow them to themselves. I suggest to them that relax into their abyss without undue (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 they radically accept and transcend fear and trauma. Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. these distasteful entities and I reassure my client that I am not www.ottawahypnosis.com issues. Transcendence is a process www.ottawacounselling.com inviting them to engage in exorcism in which the client rises above the which is so closely associated entity or issue and incorporates it, with the Catholic faith and/or religious superstition in diminished amounts, into their cellular memory. I that it can impede the psyche-logical process that we suggest the image of relegating the matter to a locked are about to embark upon. I share with them that the dead file down in the back corner of the basement of understanding and psychic healing that can take place their psyche. This is similar to the concept of granting a is quite scientific and at the cellular consciousness level. pardon…forgiving but not forgetting. Basically, we are re-pairing the open and/or short C. G. Jung in his psychology of archetypes indicates circuits in the client’s dysfunctional psyche. I indicate that we all contain, to some degree, all the traits of that my role is to be a guide and travelling companion human nature. He claims that any attempt to eliminate into the dark side (or, in the case of enhancement any one of these archetypes in ourselves will cause counselling, the unexplored bright side) of their that archetype to expand and become an obsession. He personality. I reassure them that I am not going to desert urges that we accept a small tidbit of all the archetypes them at any point in this process. as necessary ingredients in enabling us to become Trust is perhaps the single most significant ingredient balanced and compassionate individuals. In black hole in the counselling relationship. In the hypnosis healing, I frequently suggest to my client that they counselling relationship, it is absolutely imperative. imagine breathing in all the blackness and grossness To build a very high level of trust it is essential for the and evil in the whole cosmos…and then…to imagine hypnotist to be very courageous and radically honest. just breathing it out. This is the ultimate assimilation Hypnotherapy clients are allowing themselves to be in a very vulnerable position and thus they require and of the shadow. From this pitch-black place I also deserve a safe crucible in which to explore their feelings suggest to my client that they watch for and follow any small light that appears until they reach their place of and issues. empowerment or en-lightenment.
Bringing Grief out of the Shadows…
Grief – Healing Your Heart By Vonne Solís, Angel Therapy Practitioner®
he fourth principle of Divine Healing teaches that we must be willing to heal our heart first to effect change in the mind. I found no other way to begin healing my heart after the suicide of my daughter than to call on the angels for assistance. By working steadily with the Divine in many realms, I was able to slowly open myself up to the idea of giving and receiving love again, though the process took a long time. Trust rapidly leaves us in grief. If we can’t trust, we can’t love. To love we must be willing to display our vulnerabilities. When we are in pain our survival instinct kicks in and keeps us from showing all weakness. Weakness means failure. Losing a loved one reminds us of our failures in many ways, not just in those things we could have done better prior to the death of a loved one. In my book Divine Healing there are numerous exercises and meditations offered to help with pain transformation. Many of these invite you to work directly with the archangels. While too numerous to detail here, the roles of these angels are plentiful and available to us anytime. Angels, spirit guides and departed loved ones help us turn inward to tap into the power we have to heal through a change of heart – the gateway to love through forgiveness and acceptance. The following exercises can help you start the healing process today. 1. Regularly pay attention to your physical body in pain. Lying down with eyes closed, notice the areas that hurt the most (including breathing problems) and all feelings associated with that pain. Spend time with your thoughts and emotions as memories surface connected to the particular body part (don’t push yourself beyond what you can handle). Be willing to release all pain and discomfort to Archangel Raphael while envisioning an emerald green light spreading through your body. Ask Raphael to diffuse all darkness within, starting from your feet to the top of your head. Release
this toxic energy through the crown of your head, thanking Raphael for his assistance. 2. Regularly perform a life review. With eyes closed and feeling relaxed, ask Archangel Jeremiel to help you see what you are ready to release and willing to accept and forgive viewing different chapters of your life (include the present). Release your hold on all limiting and painful thoughts tying you to this experience by lovingly surrendering them to Jeremiel. Remember, it’s okay to love yourself. 3. To gain clarity in grief, close your eyes and imagine all the colours of the rainbow. Ask Archangel Raziel to your side to answers any questions you have. Listen carefully and write down what you “hear” without hesitation. Don’t doubt what you know to be the truth. Your heart contains all knowing of your true reason for being. It speaks to you through joyous and painful emotions. As a griever struggling with complicated issues, keep your daily goals simple and realistic as you allow yourself to heal. Set them based on where you are today, not on where you want to be down the road. Through a gentle approach, trust that your heart will beckon you to find all things that will lead you to feel happiness once again. For more information check out Divine Healing available at Chapters stores and online and The Power of Change on amazon.com and as an e-book. For angel readings, grief consultation, free meditation audios and events visit www.vonnesolis.com
Dr Paul Greenacre DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613 234-5758
www.medicaldentistry.ca Downtown and Alta Vista locations
A Good Night’s Rest Will Keep You At Your Best
Judy Spence, ND(QC), RN rowth and tissue repair require nutrients plus quality sleep as well. We produce growth hormone when we sleep. To fall to sleep easily and deeply, do yoga at night because yoga breaths are calming and can help induce restful state. Do lymphatic body brushing (we sell body brushes and ‘how to’ DVDs). Simply move your hands in a light squeegee motion across your whole body as follows: repeat the same stroke in one area five times then move to the next section and stroke there 5 times and so on. Complete the whole as a circuit. Repeat the circuit three times. This count of five strokes repeated three times (15 count) moves you into the parasympathetic nervous system which is the sleep system. That is why you feel so relaxed and spent after a massage. You switch from the sympathetic (hunter/ gatherer) to the parasympathetic (digest/sleep) nervous system. Yoga, followed by an Epsom Salts bath in which you body brush should induce sleep. Many radio stations are devoted to spa music. Also find progressive muscle relaxation MP3s on the internet to induce a sleepy state. Your bedroom should be a safe, allergy and scent-free oasis, so train your pet to sleep not just off of your bed but out of your room. (Sometimes it is the owner who needs to be trained because they think their pet won’t be able to sleep away from them). Whining dogs and cats can be put into the kitchen and the door closed until they are trained to sleep outside your bedroom. Vacuum mattresses monthly. Control household moulds with ‘Concrobium Mold Control’ or bleaches. Natural products with ‘tannic acid’ break down dead dust mite bodies. Dust mite covers provide barriers on mattresses and pillows. Open window or add on an air-to-air heat exchanger onto your furnace system to assure fresh air in your bedroom oasis.
Make Your Bedroom A Safe Oasis. Your liver and your lungs will thank you. If these alone do not induce or keep you asleep, consider natural supplements as: 5HTP, melatonin, threonine, homeopathics and/or herbals. In days of old a child was given a glass of warm milk before bed. Milk provides serotonin, calcium and magnesium all which induce sleep. Wishing you the most pleasant of dreams …. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Judy Spence, RN, ND(QC), CH and Gerry Spence, P.Eng. MBA, TCM are advanced II and I NAET practitioners respectively at the NAET Clinics of Ottawa and Outaouais. They help patients enjoy proper, restorative, deep sleep using NAET, acupuncture, Hypnosis, lymphatic drainage, herbals and homeopathy. Visit www.naetottawa.com or to book a consultation: 613-728-2579 in Ottawa; 819-661-1061 in Hull.
Switch to unscented laundry detergents and fabric softeners. Your body has to break down all the chemicals you breathe in or absorb from bed linens. The ENT/Lung meridian repairs itself from 3-5 am. It rests and repairs best if not taxed with allergy reactions to dusts, pets, mites and scents’.
Begin an Amazing Journey with the New Canadian School of Naturotherapies and Spiritual Development Want to be part of the board for Tone Magazine? Job Description: • A Volunteer Position • Regularly attends monthly board meetings and important related meetings. • Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work. • Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time. • Stays informed about Tone magazine matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports. • Builds a collegial working relationship with other Board members that contributes to consensus. • Is an active participant in the business strategy and planning efforts, contributing to Tone’s business direction and success. Requirements: • Experienced business professionals • Relevant expertise • Visionary • Social Media savvy • Excellent references To apply for this position please e-mail your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Natural Beauty & Health Clinic
Online Training Available November 1st! See our course list online and watch our videos. Diploma or Certificate Programs in Reiki, Intuitive Development (Counseling) Energy Therapies
Where Science melds with Spiritual and Health Awareness. WE BEGIN OUR CELEBRATION WITH IN-CLASS COURSES!
Be In Your Heart Light Training with author Cheryl Jiala Driskell Nov 16th and 17th in Ottawa, Nov 30th and Dec 1st in Aylmer The Emotional Blueprint Workshop with Deborra Cameron Nov. 9th and 10th in Ottawa.
Receive your Designation as a
Registered Integrative Naturotherapist
Where Healing Art ancient tradition and modern Natural Health science merged together Since 1997
• Lymph Drainage and Professional Massage • Ear Candling • Energy Healing: Reiki Initiations and Training • Non-surgical Facelift and Natural Esthetic Services • Acne and sensitive skin Organic solutions • The Green Panacea, a powerful antioxidant
www.canadiannaturotherapies.com | 819-328-9128
All types of medical insurance accepted Book your appointment NOW 613-526-1255 www.naturalclinic.ca email@example.com
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/tonemagazine
Living Beyond Dark and Light: Polarities, Integration, and Synergy
by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine Heart to Awaken the Deep Truth Within
t the time of writing this article it remained to be seen how things would unfold. With August’s very positive electromagnetic shift to access higher levels of Christ consciousness and changes to the masculine principle, we saw the amplification of the polarities and increased manipulation by the dark forces. It happens this way often, and this time we witnessed the escalation in Syria, which is located in a heavily infiltrated horizontal planetary grid that relates to the masculine principle. Many may not understand why drama and violence keep reoccurring in this area: it’s an armaggedon/9-11 enslavement program, and you have choice in it. The dark forces and Light are not at war. For starters, Light doesn’t war or manipulate. Secondly, darkness cannot hide in Eternal Light. Thirdly, even beyond the healing integration of polarities there is a synergy taking place – and this is where we are making strides. Every living thing is based in the natural laws of polarity here. Our physical expression is weighted in one polarity but every person’s energetic being holds both polarities; the right side of our body is the male principle and positively charged electron, while the female principle is the left side of our body and negatively charged proton. Therefore, like the planet, we are electro-magnetic. Both have value although they are not always balanced or honoured. The duality of Light and dark has been prevalent in the perception of our 3D reality and peppers our Earth language: right/wrong, black/white, good/bad, and positive/negative. Other variations of polarity archetype thoughtforms have also been implanted by service-to-self beings manipulating our planet to warp our self-perceptions in this matrix: victimizer/victim, predator/prey, master/slave, greater than/less than and important/insignificant. At the early stages of spiritual awakening the awareness of darkness and Light has value. Both Light and darkness are part of our direct experiences in coming to know the Self. To truly know one you must know the other; the absence of Light/joy/peace serves to inform the directional shift to Spirit, while Light is the source of illuminating ego’s illusions. The deeper you are willing to see into your darkness and heal, the more magnificently you radiate your Light. Yet, eventually we begin to recognize that bouncing back and forth between the polarities is cyclical and tiresome. Similarly, polarizing into the extremes of Light or dark and its various forms is also ineffective. Living in the extreme of the darkness can be debilitating as
Are you limiting your possibilities? We can easily bring clarity & Divine healing to your 12-dimensional spiritual-energetic foundation to help you awaken to your deep truth within. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
ego structures are dead energy. Light is alive, but only seeing Light can be equally unhealthy because then one is in denial of the shadow. The latter is called spiritual bypass and it perpetuates an alignment with false Light. The ego personality will also create polarities of subpersonalities to cope with fears. For example, the good girl persona can be created to garner attention and approval by following the behaviour deemed right by her parents. But when the effort doesn’t yield its reward as hoped, and it becomes too unsatisfying or restrictive, the ego will create another persona such as the rebel, who just loves to defy authority. Both act out of fear that they will not get their needs met, and neither stands in their authentic power. Integration of the polarities brings about wholeness and neutrality……. To read the complete article explaining neutrality from both psycho-spiritual and energetic-spiritual perspectives, and how you can choose to live beyond duality and false programs like the 9/11 agenda, please visit my blog. Healing with Heart to Awaken the Deep Truth Within. www.MelindaUrban.com Subscribe FREE to my newsletter – timely articles, tools and inspiration. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. Integrating holographic clearing of your multi-dimensional blueprint, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, and vocal healing. Appointments in person or by phone. 613-253-2888.
What is Hypnosis? “Hypnosis is a state of intense focused concentration, where peripheral distractions are minimized or excluded. It is a natural way of having access to the subconscious. It is a form of communication that harmonizes your conscious and subconscious minds. If properly used, it is a means of achieving more of the potential which we all possess.” - Dr. Brian Weiss It is important to understand how the conscious mind and subconscious mind work to comprehend hypnosis. The conscious mind manifests as our automatic tendencies and personality. It can be smart, but it can also be impulsive and illogic.
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Right underneath this superficial mind is the subconscious or inner mind and it is extremely powerful. The subconscious mind easily helps you to achieve your deeper objectives, whether it is to be thin, happy, or confident. In fact, the subconscious is the real you and it contains the answers to your queries as well as your own deep wisdom. The greater part of your authentic self is right underneath the conscious level, below our awareness, and it has a great impact on our conscious acts, thoughts, and feelings. Through hypnosis, I help you to harmonize your conscious and subconscious minds. Hypnosis helps you to achieve more of your own potential when properly directed. Yet hypnosis is probably not what you expect it to be. In a hypnosis session your body and mind are very
relaxed, but you simultaneously experience alertness. You do hear everything and throughout the session you have full control. Let me explain some facts… Firstly, there is only one form of hypnosis. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis; and it is the easiest and most natural thing in the world. All I can ever be for you or anyone else is a gentle guide. If you allow me to be your guide, I’ll show you how to place yourself in a beautiful state of hypnosis, experiencing physical relaxation and mental alertness. And I’ll show you how to stay in that beautiful state until we’re finished our session. Hypnosis is a 100%-consent state fully controlled by you. Once your mind is clear and your objectives are set, which is done totally according to your wishes and ideas, then in very few sessions you can see remarkable results. Lynne Cardinal is a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression Therapy and she has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy. Lynne has been offering Stress Management and Burnout Prevention workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts are available. For more information Lynne can be reached at 613.721.7888 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit her web site: www.kaivalya.ca
Feeling Emotionally Out of Control? Parent Your Inner Child Rev. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Cert. Spiritual Coach, Counsellor and Teacher
have been counselling for over twenty five years now and have studied and practiced many different therapeutic approaches. Each one of these has useful and not so helpful aspects with the exception of the inner child work which I consider flawless. This one approach, pioneered by Jean Houston and later John Bradshaw, has helped, not only myself, but every one of my clients who has embraced the work with the love and commitment required to heal the wounded child within. With this work life changes drastically for the better. Our world view is pretty well formed from the ages of 3 to 8. This world view determines how we relate to ourselves, our parents, our extended family, our friends, teachers, ministers, and other people of authority. How we are raised determines what value we place on being a male or female, a child, family member, on being a couple, parents, single or married. By age 8 we have it all pretty well figured out determined by what we observed in our family unit whether we were raised by our birth family, by extended family, by our adopted family or by others in foster care. We assume as children what we observe and how we are treated by our caregivers is correct and normal, because that is all we know. If it was not loving, respectful and supportive we do not blame our caregivers, but ourselves-- there must have been something wrong with us, we must not be lovable. And so we grow up feeling we are unlovable, unworthy, unappreciated and unsafe. To a child growing up without love, nurturance, encouragement and protection the world is not a safe place. It is not safe to speak up, to be seen, to be our real selves, not safe to venture out and take risks---- not safe period. Life and living is not safe and so we shut our true selves down and hide deep within where we hope no one can find us and hurt us any longer. We grow up through childhood, to adolescence and young adulthood and the child within, the little 4 or 5 year old who learned he or she was unlovable and unsafe, stays hidden deep within us. This hidden child is our subconscious mind and, believe me when I tell you, the subconscious mind runs the show. Everything in your life may appear to be going just fine until that moment when your inner child is threatened, made to feel unlovable, unworthy, unsupported or unappreciated, then watch out-----fireworks--- tantrums, rages, depression, acting out, any number of behaviours that a 2 to 5 year old might display, behaviours not expected in a healthy adult. This out of control behaviour results in shame, guilt, embarrassment and more self-hatred that feeds the already insecure, self-loathing inner child.
Abundant Life Coach Spiritual Counsellor Psychotherapist email@example.com www. sherryharriscounselling.com 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available It is a vicious circle that can only be healed by having your adult healthy self reach out with love, compassion, respect and protection to raise your unhappy inner 4 or 5 year old. Until you do the work to heal your inner child your life will remain out of control. Most common behaviours of the wounded inner child are rage and addiction. Shyness, withdrawing to the point of isolation is another. There are so many ways our little person inside shows us he or she is demanding to be loved, valued and protected. I have developed my unique inner child therapy which worked hugely for me, 25 years ago, and has continued to help client after client to raise their inner child to grow up and integrate with their healthy adult. Result: an adult who no longer loses control, who loves, honours, values and respects him or herself; an adult who loves life and lives it fully, safe to be their true self. If you would like to talk to me to see if the inner child work is appropriate for you, do not hesitate to call me at 613-2368852 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am a psychotherapist, coach, spiritual counsellor and teacher with a very eclectic practice-- no issue too big or too small. I look forward to hearing from you.
DEAR ALL, Tone Magazine is seeking several volunteer Board Members with professional business experience. Attend monthly board meetings and help contribute to the success of Ottawaâ€™s leading conscious-raising publication since 1985. Please email your CV to email@example.com
What to do with Sadness? By Kerry Palframan RN
ost people do not like feeling sadness and I often hear them say “I want to get rid of it”. I tell you this is the last thing you want to do with sadness, as it is a noble, worthy emotion that has much to offer you. What could sadness possibly offer you? If offers you the opportunity to rejuvenate, release, and become grounded and more flexible. These are the beautiful gifts sadness offers you – if you allow it to be felt, honoured and accepted. I like to think of all my emotions as little kids. The ones I don’t like are the kids I’ve kicked out of the house. When I feel these emotions it’s like they are banging on the door asking to be let back in. For the most part our culture has taught us that certain emotions are negative and should be kept outside of the house. Now think of some child (literally) crying outside your door, huddled in the rain and crying. Would you seriously not open the door and comfort this sad wet child? Most of you would, for most of you have compassion and empathy for others. What I’m suggesting here is that you start having compassion and empathy for your own crying, wet, sad feelings. See it as a little kid, detached from the adult you, and open the door and begin a dialogue with your sad emotions. When you feel sad, simply pop into your own inner reality and talk to yourself. Say hello to the sadness (it will be shocked that you are addressing it at all!) begin a dialogue with it. Comfort it and find out what it needs and meet those needs. If you go into the mind chat of “I’m just making all this up” then just be aware of this inner argument. Yes you are making it up (the answers you posed to the sadness), but you are also making your whole life up – I’m just suggesting you get more aware or conscious of what you are making up! When I sit in my sadness, it feels like sitting in a deep well of clear refreshing water. And this fills me up and makes me feel better. I have more energy when I allow sadness into my house, rather than expending energy trying to keep the door closed. When you release, it restores the flow of the waters of your system. Think of your chakra system like a river or stream - what you call blockages are actually boulders in the stream and every time you release or remove a boulder (sadness expressed), then the waters can flow more easily. Tears may be shed and this is helpful to the restoration process. However, it is imperative that you be mindful of the way you talk to yourself as you cry. If you are critical, harsh or negative (which is how most people are programmed to be when sadness surfaces) then that will only make your sadness feel worse and lead you into despair or despondency.
Intuitive Readings Spiritual Medium Visionary Speaker Teacher Healer Author Private Mentoring Program
Visit Kerry’s new website for a free mp3 guided meditation journey and her store for other journeys; video and audio workshops; articles; her book and more.
www.indigowisdom.ca Listen to your thoughts as your sadness emerges. Do you say “oh for goodness sakes, there’s the horrid sad feeling again – I hate it”. Imagine telling the sad child outside your door that you hate it and go away. Instead, when you feel sad say something like “oh there you are my little beloved. You feel sad - let me hold you and I will cry with you. Let me grab some tissues and we’ll cry together”. You may also wish to apologize to your sadness and ask for its forgiveness for ignoring it for so long - for you were innocent in that you did not know how to talk with your sadness. Also ask your sadness the allimportant questions; “what needs to be mourned” and “what must be released”? Then create an answer – give voice to the sad character living inside you and you will soon feel refreshed and revived. Now off you go to enjoy your sadness and welcome it back into your house. When you can truly let go, rejuvenation and relaxation will surely follow. Kerry Palframan is a registered nurse by profession who now follows her true calling as an internally known gifted visionary, multi-dimensional spiritual teacher and speaker, intuitive mentor, author and healer. She offers personal intuitive readings, a mentoring program, mp3 teachings, articles and guided journeys on her website. Her book, Spirit Talk, is a “must” for understanding messages from your higher self and spirit guides. She has also produced a valuable guided meditation CD, Meeting Your Angels and Spirit Guides. www.indigowisdom.ca
Fall Colours, Fall Chakras: Flowing The “Joy” of Bring a Certified with the Rhythms of the Season Yoga Teacher for children
utumn is here again, it is important to walk in Level One, Club Yoga teacher training nature and breathe in the fall colours of yellow, orange, red and brown. Breathe in deeply as you walk with a clear mind to cleanse and activate your lower 3 chakras, yellow, orange, red and brown (the mixture of all 3 colours of the lower chakras). Fall is about letting die and fall away that which no longer serves you. Let it go, give it all to Mother Earth as the trees do with the fall leaves. Take some time to sit on the Mother Earth and feel the universal energies flowing into the top of your head, through your body and into the ground. Feel this deeply and with it the letting go of all that no longer serves you. Breathe in deeply through your lower 3 chakras the colours of fall and let go.
Intuitive Readings C
hildren’s yoga has become very popular in the last few years as more and more families have jumped into the yoga experience with their children - a Intuitive Development Classes wholesome, happy family yoga, not to mention children Psychic Readings and teen yoga also being provided in many community settings and schools. Families enjoy this special Medical Readings connection with each other and walk away uplifted, Healing Sessions happy and joyful. Life Coaching Have you ever experienced the joy of being around children who are totally engaged with whatever they Marlene Stevens are doing in the moment? Well their joy is infectious www.psychicmarstevens.com during any yoga class, a wonderful sharing of energy firstname.lastname@example.org as a group. I am always amazed how responsive and present the children are in yoga classes. They are ready It is the time of the harvest, harvesting of the to jump into the experience of yoga with no concepts or pumpkin, seeds, herbs and root vegetables. It is time we are to shift our diet with the seasons to prepare our e bodies for the coming winter. Eat all the root vegetables and food of the harvest. Add many herbs to a diet rich in the colours of fall. Add the warming and immune building spices of tumeric, curry, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger. All the brown, yellow, orange, red and golden spices will warm you and build your immunity very strong for the coming winter season. This is especially Unique in the Orléans and Ottawa Region important if you are feeling cold. Buy local, buy organic A Wonderful Boutique! Positive Energy! and eat mindfully with great gratitude. With this you The Boutique is offering many Services. will see a deepening of your grounding in earth life, Here is a brief list (in red) of the Services. an increase in the natural flow of energy though your • Chakra/Aura Assessment Session body, a great strengthening of your immune system, • (NEW) Private Meditation Courses (Beginner and and experience less colds and flu or and ideally none Advance courses) at all. Adding extra doses of these spices will greatly • Private Teaching Program (Chakra/Aura, Guides, strengthen your immune system causing air born Energy, etc.) allergies to be removed from your system and will stop • Stone and Crystal Consultation colds and flues altogether when used with a healthy all For more information regarding the above Services, please around lifestyle. visit our website at www.arc-ange-ciel.com or come and Namaste By Psychic, Healer & Teacher, Marlene Stevens visit us. Visit the Boutique to make an appointment or Marlene Stevens is a Psychic, Healer, Teacher & Medical call us 613 424 9094 or “Like” us on Facebook Intuitive. For an Open Reading, Healing session, or any of her other services please go to www.psychicmarstevens.com
www.arc-ange-ciel.com 1979 St-Joseph Blvd, Orleans K1C 1E5
(February 28, 1996 – August 19, 2013)
Reiki Reflexology Reconnective Healing® ACIM www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925 thoughts about what they will experience. They absorb everything like sponges and are so grateful, enthusiastic and happy to express themselves in their special way. You may wonder what is unique about our training program? We use a creative, multidimensional approach which calls the teacher to do a class from a child’s view of the world and not the adult view. Be prepared to jump into the experience, be in the abyss, to provide a spontaneous class with innocence, joy and fun. Children respond to a creative approach as this is their nature. Children naturally tap into the flow of yoga as not yet affected by various types of authority, cultural & other society expectations that break their spontaneous expression. They love the sense of adventure & are easily engaged with a yoga class where the teacher uses a theme, various props, music, art, meditation, stories etc. within the format of a yoga class (Kundalini & Hatha Yoga). Teaching yoga to children is a way to re-connect with you authentic self and to your own unique voice. Club Yoga brings you various music/voice tools to discover this voice. It requires you to draw upon the energy of the children, to trust your own unique expression to deliver a dynamic, rich and flowing class. This requires the teacher to be present and open to co-creating a class with the children. This training is for parents, yoga teachers, educators and anyone who loves teaching children. You will experience joy, gratitude and humility for having helped open a space for children to excel and be in touch with their true nature. For more information about teacher training programs and parenting workshops go to www.clubyoga.ca and to register call Anamda at 613-228-9235 or email info@ clubyoga.ca. The next Level 1 certified teacher training courses will be: October 4, 5, & 6 at the Bioenergetics Institute & Nov. 2, 3 and 9, 10 at Santosha Yoga Westboro (registration: email@example.com). Anamda Sly is a community nurse with over 30 years of experience in health promotion/teaching and is a graduate of the Bioenergetics Institute holding two certificates in Club Yoga teacher training (children & teen yoga).
ets, talk about an enlightened beings! For those of us that have had the pleasure of having a pet in their lives, I’m sure you’d agree. I’d like to believe that these furry little masters made the decision to come to us because they knew that we were in need of some interesting life lessons. They certainly know about non-judgement, how to have fun and talk about compassion – wow! They’ve got to have an endless supply. Perhaps after they’ve accomplished all they could for us they choose to move on physically and spiritually to connect and help the next student in need. By the time this article is published my dear furry companion of 17 ½ years will have parted ways with me. I am eternally grateful for all the comfort and many lessons I’ve gained from our relationship. Patience, compassion and joyful living in the present moment are just a few of them. I certainly will miss the happy greeting I received each time I returned home, whether I had just put out the garbage or put in many hours at the office. Can you just imagine if we all tried to be a dog, just for a day? I’ll bet we’d have one of the best days of our lives. Meeting and greeting everyone and everything without judgement, looking at it as if it’s all a new experience – yippee, someone new to play with. I’ll try to remind myself to be more like him when I meet with old friends, new people or even the ones I take for granted. It really is so much more fun to live life with a sense of joy and excitement. This is one of the many lessons I’ll take from my gifted master. Loving, accepting and non-judgemental – a few attributes we can all use a little more of. My little Percy has taught me well and now he deserves a rest – perhaps he’ll be playing with all of his friends in a heavenly garden full of toys and love. No matter what, I’m sure he’ll be feeling my love for him wherever he is. And, every time I am living in the present joyfully, I’ll picture him spinning in circles and wagging his tail knowing he did a good job! I hope you are able to take a moment or two to show your little (or big) companion how much you appreciate their presence in your life. In memory of Percy a loyal friend and a great teacher.
Develop Your Soul Healing Power with Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha with Divine Healing Hands
Experience the Power of Divine Healing Hands™
World-Renowned Master Healer, Soul Leader, Divine Channel
and Master Lynda Chaplin Worldwide Representative of Master Zhi Gang Sha
Master Lynda Chaplin Worldwide Representative
Divine Healing Hands New York Times Bestseller! Dr. Sha is an important teacher and a wonderful healer with a valuable message about the power of the soul to influence and transform all life. – Dr. Masaru Emoto, The Hidden Messages in Water
Soul Healing, including Divine Healing Hands™, is helping people around the world experience relief from pain, boost energy and stamina, increase mobility and agility, and even improve chronic conditions.
Free Teleclass! Soul Power for Healing and Rejuvenation with Master Lynda Tuesday, October 15, 7:00 – 8:30 pm
To attend: call 1-559-546-1333; access code 124812# The Kundalini and Lower Dan Tian are the most important areas in the body for healing, balancing emotions, and boosting energy. Learn how to develop these energy centres for healing and rejuvenation.
Soul Healing Evening with Master Lynda
Thursday, October 24, 7:00 – 9:30 pm, Love offering 2650 Southvale Crescent, Ottawa, ON K1B 4S9 Soul healing is quantum healing harnessing the power of soul to unblock life’s challenges. Learn soul wisdom and experience powerful blessings for healing and life transformation.
Divine Healing Hands™ Training Program with Master Sha and Master Lynda
Friday-Sunday, October 25–27, 10:00 am – 9:00 pm, $625 2650 Southvale Crescent, Ottawa, ON K1B 4S9 This unique and extraordinary program empowers you to offer Divine Healing Hands Soul Healing blessings to transform physical conditions, emotional imbalances, relationships, pets, finances, and more.You may use this treasure to self-heal and help others, either individually or as a group, in person or remotely.
More than an invitation ... a sacred calling! Information: Master Lynda • 416 255 8823 LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com www.ottawakiosk.com/MasterLyndaChaplin.html Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa
Institute of Soul Healing & Enlightenment™ 888.3396815 • DrSha.com • Facebook.com/DrAndMasterSha
ould you like to become a powerful healer? You can! It doesn’t matter if you are a healthcare professional, a healer of any modality, a homemaker, a lawyer, or whatever. You can become a Divine Healing Hands Soul Healer—which is to become a divine soul healer to serve humanity. The soul is the essence of all life. The soul has great potential and power to heal, rejuvenate and transform all aspects of life. We can learn to listen to, and follow, our soul’s guidance. The wisdom of this teaching is taught by Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha in his New York Times best-selling books. His teachings combine the essence of Western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine with ancient energy and spiritual healing secrets from China. The key principle is: Heal the soul first; then healing of the mind and body will follow. Master Sha has brought us many powerful self-healing techniques which have benefited millions of people worldwide. We are living in extraordinary times and facing many challenges on Mother Earth. Humanity is suffering. Many people have chronic pain and life-threatening illnesses. Many people suffer from emotional and mental imbalances. Many people have serious relationship challenges and financial struggle. Spiritually we would say that humanity is in a special time of serious purification and that Mother Earth is in a special time of serious transition. Natural disasters, including hurricanes, earthquakes, tornados, floods, and more; drought and other extremes in weather; famine; wars and all kinds of conflict between people and countries; pollution of the land, air and water—all of these are present and increasing. At this special time, special abilities are needed to help humanity get through the purification. More people are searching for wisdom, knowledge and practical techniques, outside of the traditional modalities. There are ancient secrets and new teachings which are now being shared through teachers like Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha because they are needed. Divine Healing Hands empowers you to assist many people in this time of transition and purification for humanity and Mother Earth. By receiving the Divine Healing Hands transmission, you instantly become a divine soul healer. You are empowered to offer divine healing blessings that carry divine frequency and vibration with divine love, forgiveness, compassion and light. You may use this treasure for self-healing and healing of others, including group healing and remote healing, for the spiritual, emotional, mental and physical bodies and for every aspect of life, including relationships and finances.
Can’t Heal What You Can’t Feel By Kelly Sullivan Walden, co-author of Dreaming Heaven
n the Plaza affectionately known as “Hell” I was instructed to pick up a few objects (stones, twigs, weeds, etc…) that symbolized the things, thoughts, beliefs, and memories that have kept me in hell. At first I couldn’t think of anything, so I just walked around in a daze. And then, out of nowhere, a pointy black rock spoke to me, “I’m the boy in sixth grade that broke your heart.” A curved twig yelled, “I’m your twisted ideal relationship you keep trying to live up to.” A gnarled bunch of dead grass hollered, “I’m your awards and accomplishments.” A sandy brown speckled pebble whispered, “I’m the baby you think you are supposed to have, but never quite make the time for.” A cluster of jagged grey rocks chided, “We’re the girls/women who you thought were your BFFs who cut you down the moment you turned your back.” This went on and on as I bumbled along though the plaza, my heart more tenderized with each step. I was reassured by the adage, “You can’t heal what you can’t feel,” because I was feeeeeeling all of these attachments. By the time I reached the “Island of Safety” (a temple in the center of hell), I had both hands overflowing with all the (literal and figurative) sticks and stones that had weighed me down in my life...and I was ready, willing,
Respond to your soul’s calling to serve by becoming a Divine Healing Hands Soul Healer. This is a unique opportunity. For more information, visit www.DivineHealingHands.com. Master Lynda Chaplin is a Divine Channel and Worldwide Representative of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha. She offers monthly workshops in Ottawa, soul readings and soul healing through divine services. Join the Divine Healing Hands Soul Healer training program occurring in 20 cities around the world, including Ottawa, on October 25-27, 2013.
and thrilled at the prospect of being able to release…. which I thankfully did. This is an excerpt from Dreaming Heaven by Gini Gentry, Lee McCormick, Francis Rico and Kelly Sullivan Walden. It is published by Hay House (Sept, 2013) and will be available at bookstores or online at hayhouse. com Kelly Sullivan Walden is the coauthor of Dreaming Heaven:The Beginning is Near (Hay House), the powerful JourneyBook, DVD and meditation that enables you to walk in her footsteps along with her fellow guides as they take you on a journey to your authentic self by following the pathways of the great mystery school at Teotihuacan, Mexico, first created by the Toltec masters thousands of year ago. Kelly is the author of seven books, including the Amazon.com Bestseller, It’s All In Your Dreams, and Dream Oracle Cards. Walden is a certified clinical hypnotherapist, inspirational speaker and founder of Dream-Life Coach Training. Blogger for the Huffington Post, Kelly is also a regular dream expert on FOX news, she hosts the radio show, The D-Spot, and she’s recently been seen on Dr. Oz and the Ricki Lake Show. Currently in production of a Dream TV pilot about her unique work, Kelly, her husband Dana, and dogs Shadow and Lola are dreaming heaven in enchanted Topanga Canyon, CA. To find out more and receive free dream gifts, go to: www.KellySullivanWalden.com and www.dreamingheaven.net
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Contact Master Lynda at 416-255-8823 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
Over 25 years experience
Build Confidence With Daily Affirmations
o you suffer from low self-esteem? When something negative happens in your life, do you beat yourself up about it again and again? Focusing on phrases such as: “That was stupid,” “I am so fat,” “No one loves me,” and many more other negative statements can easily zap the happiness right out of your life. Luckily, this doesn’t have to be permanent. Positive affirmations can turn your negativity around. Affirmations are simply statements or phrases, which focus on the positive rather than the negative. These mantras can actually reprogram your subconscious thinking and bring you a plethora of good benefits that you’ll enjoy for years to come! Here are some easy ways to incorporate positive affirmations into your life: 1. Affirmations should always be in the present tense. Begin your statements with “I can” “I have” or “I am,” instead of a phrase like “I will” or “I may.” • Examples of this would be “I have a beautiful body” and “I am so intelligent,” instead of “I will never be so stupid again.” • Choose statements that focus on the positive attributes you want to encourage, saying them as if you already exhibit that behavior. 2. Address yourself by name when expressing your affirmations. Believe it or not, this does make a big difference. When you say: “I, Jane Doe, am a beautiful person both inside and out,” it makes your affirmation more powerful because you hear the lovely sound of your own name! • Using your name in the affirmations allows your subconscious to process the words even quicker. 3. Focus on one or two affirmations to start with. Although you possess many positive attributes, it’s best to focus only on one or two when you’re first starting out. If you start with twenty positive affirmations, your subconscious may be overwhelmed or dismiss the deeper meaning. • For example, if you meet someone who goes on and on about how great and beautiful you are, what’s your reaction? Usually after the second or third compliment, you tend to wonder if this person is actually being sincere! The same principal applies to practising too many affirmations at once. • Focus on one or two, and when they’re firmly planted into your subconscious, you can move on to more.
4. Practice your affirmations as often as possible. Our subconscious mind is more open to suggestions when we first open our eyes in the morning and then again when we’re ready to fall asleep at night. • The more often you recite your affirmations, the faster you’ll experience lasting changes. 5. Don’t fret if you’re having trouble writing your affirmations. There are many books and selfimprovement websites that include hundreds of good, daily affirmations. You can then pick out one or two that you’d like to focus on and get started. • Don’t let something as insignificant as not being able to compose a positive mantra hold you back from making changes and incorporating happiness into your life! Low self-esteem is something that holds us back from living the life we deserve. You can rebuild your confidence and self-esteem with daily affirmations and experience the joy of life you’ve been missing. Try it and you’ll love it! Moira Hutchison CTACC CCHt Mindfulness Coach 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira. com and sign up for Step One of “The Get Unstuck Method” - it’s free!!
Tone has a new mailing address:
680 Eagleson Road PO Box 4504 Kanata South PO KANATA, ON K2M 2Y1
CRYING IN MEDIATION
hen I was first training as a mediator, back in the 1970’s, a certain video was in common use as a training tool. In it a professional mediator demonstrated the “proper” way to react when one of the parties started crying. “It is important at the first sign of tears to gently stop the mediation process, offer the person some Kleenex, and invite them, in a kind way, to step out of the mediation room until they can compose themselves.” I have never understood this response to crying in mediation. It seemed to me that by stopping the process I would be sending a message to the crying person that tears were not an acceptable part of the process. No matter how kindly I responded, the fact that I was, in effect, banishing them from the room until they could “compose” themselves, missed the point. For me, crying is not a sign to stop, but rather a sign to keep talking, if that is possible and if the person who is crying wants to do it. Crying opens the door to empathy, and no authentic resolution can be reached without empathy. Since separation disputes are not usually settled at the intellectual level, but rather at the emotional level, crying can be an important part of the process. When someone starts to cry in mediation I do the following: 1. Normalize the tears. A simple statement like, “This makes you feel sad” can be all that it takes. I always have a box of Kleenex on the mediation table, and sometimes I just smile and say that it’s there for a reason, that people often cry in mediation, that I buy Kleenex in bulk and deduct it as a business expense. Or, I say a bit ruefully, “Remember when I said at the beginning of mediation that separations are only 10% legal, and 90% emotional?” 2. Invite a conversation about the tears. I always try to incorporate the tears into the mediation discussion, if at all possible. Far from being a signal to temporarily stop the mediation while the person “composes” himself or herself, I try to use the crying as a springboard to a deeper discussion. “I notice your tears came when you were talking about your children living just half the time with you. It’s understandable that makes you sad. Do you want to say anything else about that?” 3. Ask the other person if they want to react to the tears. It is important to carefully gauge the other person’s reactions to the tears. Is he or she moved by a genuine expression of emotion, or are they acutely uncomfortable? I have seen one person’s tears lead to a breakthrough moment in mediation, where the other person responds empathetically, with a touch to the hand or even a hug. Afterwards, the parties seemed connected at a deeper level, were able to
• 34 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
613.237.7335 abandon any previous posturing, and worked together towards an authentic resolution of their difficulties. 4. Know when to move on. If the other person cannot respond empathetically, I may simply ask, “Do you want to say anything about what is happening now?” If that person is still uncomfortable responding, I simply say that I think something important has occurred that they might want to reflect on before the next session and then I move on. I never force either person to talk about the crying if they aren’t comfortable doing so and take my cue from them as to when it is time to move on. It is important that they, not I, determine when this is. Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa Law School, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
3 s Dayly On
Best Western Barons
Friday: 2pm-10pm Saturday: 11am-10pm Sunday: 11am-7pm
3700 Richmond Rd., Bells Corners
November 1, 2 & 3, 2013
Top professional Psychic readers. You’ve seen them on TV, you’ve heard them on the radio, you’ve read about them in the papers, now come in and get a reading for yourself. Find out what’s coming up in your love life, work, health and your finances.
Psychics Tarot Cards Auras Palmistry Crystals Fortune Tellers Lectures and more...
BE PREPARED FOR WHAT’S COMING UP!
2 for 1 with this ad
Admission $5.00 Cover ...
Alain jean-Baptiste www.alainjeanbaptiste.com
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. October 2013 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $25 per year. To the U.S. please send $35 US (first class only). Circulation 14,500. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Office Manager - Julie Tierney Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/ Delivery by M&M Diffusion 819-243-0937
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
Submissions … • E-mail: email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org • (613) 435-TONE (8663) • 80 Terence Matthews, Suite #5, Kanata, ON K2M 2B4
The Deadline …
The Deadline for all submissions is up to 15th prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
L’ Essence-Ciel Books
ring the Angels into your life
Music Tarot Crystals Stones Jewelry Talismans Incense
Come live the experience at L’Essence-Ciel where everything serves to restore harmony.
Always with the angels, Monique Briand transmits angelic teachings through workshops, conferences and private readings.
Connecting with your angels.Teachings on how to perceive and interact with them in a natural way to live more joy, peace and love on a daily basis.A wonderful and lasting experience.
Demystifies this esoteric medium and introduces you to its different uses and methods.Facilitates the understanding of oneself and others and brings concrete help to decision making.All you need to know to get you started with this excellent tool.
– $ 100
– $ 50
Brings awareness to the energies which surrond and affect us. Encourages the conscious choice of using Universal life force; a practice which transforms our lives in a healing way. Makes us responsable and capable of creating a better world. Initiations and teaching Level I,II and Master teacher. Information and schedule at 568-2643.
Herbs Magic Feng Shui
Information at L’Essence-Ciel:568-2643
Private Readings –
For those who are searching and ready to connect with their TrueSelf.Individualized teachings and answers to personal questions.Guidance concerning your path. By appointment at 568-2643.
Les essences vibratoires sont disponibles à L’Essence-Ciel
The Angels are present at 867, RUE JACQUES-CARTIER, GATINEAU (819) 568-ANGE (2643) OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK October 2013
OWNER ANGELIC PSYCHIC • MEDIUM
Avoid Pharmaceutical Drug Propaganda: Taking Psychoactive Drugs is Buying into a Big Lie…A Really Big Lie.
y the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise. If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed. Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it. ~ Adolf Hitler
Decades after WWII, the creation of an entire North American population hooked on medication, tortured to their graves, more ill and distressed then they ever dreamt was possible, is indeed the reality. Studies are showing that children, for the first time in history, can be expected to live SHORTER lives than their parents! And we can safely add - a more distressing, illness-focused life as well. Vaccination and psychiatric drugging starts in children as young as 6 months old! Some children drink toxic fluoridated drinking water every day of their lives. Pharmaceutical companies are now cunningly conditioning people to accept that the ‘last 10 years of their lives will be spent in illness”. We now see the medical/ pharmaceutical complex stoking the fires of ‘discussion’ about the right to die, while most people
Know Your Purpose Love Yourself Take The Lid Off Inc
Living your Light CD Living Your Light contains three amazing directed meditations created for profound personal transformation. ttloinc.com/shop
have not realized their situation was caused entirely by corporate greed. We die prematurely, not of contagious diseases, but of medication-induced, totally avoidable illnesses on the say-so of doctors. Recently released results by Canadian researchers studying the outcomes of thousands of Canadian children prescribed psychiatric drugs show clearly that the experiment of ‘improving’ our kids and their school performance using Big Pharma drugs has been a horrific failure on many levels. Not only has school performance worsened, but family relationships have been decimated and the children burdened with catastrophic illnesses including heart issues, sterility, infertility and brain disorders are epidemic levels. Many are disabled for life, reduced to living with their parents as adults. The pushers of this ‘experiment’, the childhood education innovators are long gone, busy with other experiments that use children as disposable guinea pigs. Now that some of the public is catching on, Big Pharma is switching gears and telling really, really big lies about the role of genes in illness. Commenting on NaturalNews.com, Russ Sherwood (Apr 21/13), a trained physicist and chemist stated: “FRAUD is the standard today in every industry and branch of science.” Academic doctors position themselves as ‘opinion leaders’ and sell the power of their degrees to the highest paying pharmaceutical and biotech companies. Society is getting sicker…don’t be part of a sick society. Natural, healthy resolutions of all issues, mental and physical, have been around for thousands of years. Humans have become stronger - until the last 75 years that is, when pharmaceutical companies and biotechs such as Monsanto took over control of our governments, mainstream media and the public’s common sense though prostitution of science and wholesale fraud. Illness-free lives start with the avoidance of all unhealthy processed food, GMOs, pharmaceutical drugs, vaccinations, antibiotics, fluoridated tap water, psychiatric drugs and unnecessary surgery. For drug-free, label-free assistance with all emotional/mental issues, including depression, anxiety, fears, addictions, PTSD and unwanted habits, consider seeking the assistance of a qualified regression hypnotherapist first. Qualified hypnotherapy treatment includes assisting clients to heal from their original underlying emotional issues and providing the resources needed to wean off harmful medications safely. For help and guidance back to good health, contact Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist, founder of GracePlace Wellness, 613422-7027, toll-free: 1-888-390-3553 email: email@example.com graceplacewellness.com
355 St. Laurent Blvd. 613-288-2274
Crystals; Geodes; Tibetan and quartz singing bowls, gifts, angels, jewellery, space clearing, energy mists and so much more.
Workshops in October 2013 CRYSTAL HEALING TRAINING & CERTIFICATION Third module of six Oct.5th & 6th. Each module is $444 + HST. Payment plans are available. TALK “HOW PAST LIVE & SPIRITUAL JOURNEYS CAN HEAL AND EMPOWER YOUR LIFE” Saturday Oct 12th 7 p.m. Join Allan Green and discover how past lives affect our present lives. This event will include a complimentary Group Past Life Session at the end of the talk. Please view his extensive and informative website by clicking here www.allangreen.ca $33.00 + HST ZENITH OMEGA CLEARINGS: Saturday and Sunday Oct. 12th & 13th Catherine Green uses Color Light Frequency and Sacred Geometry to address any Imbalance Emotion, or Disease. All Levels ALL Dimensions, All Planes. The changes are often immediate. Zenith Omega clearing sessions are 1 ¾ hours for an investment of $150.00 + HST. OR 5 in 1 HEALING ENERGY SPA PACKAGE; Saturday and Sunday Oct. 12th & 13 th Join Catherine and experience an exclusive healing experience facilitated with the awareness, sensitivity, ability and insight to integrate ancient energy healing with hands-on healing techniques and specialized tools. It includes de-stressing on a chi machine; an ionic foot bath to detoxify; a reflexology massage; an amethyst bio-mat treatment and finally a zenith omega clearing. $150 + HST. PAST LIFE & SPIRITUAL JOURNEYS: Saturday and Sunday Oct. 12th & 13th with Allan Green You can access 3 – 7 Past Lives, + Meet with your Spirit Guides, (and even hug them) and talk with people passed over. Release fears, phobias, issues with situations and people that stemmed from a Past Life. Heal pain from Past life wounds. Cost is $160.00 + HST = $180.00. AQUALEAD ENERGY ATTUNEMENT LEVEL 1; Saturday Oct. 19th with Angel..Aqualead is a new energy modality that heals water in living beings and in the environment. This is practiced hands-on in a session and can also be sent at at distance in order to heal oceans, lakes, rivers and all living things. There are three levels of Aqualead and it is offered free of charge although donations are accepted. *** The teachings and attunement process of all Aqualead levels are by donation only; however; to cover the cost of manuals and space we are asking for a $30 + HST contribution. If you wish to leave more, please feel free to do so. ULTIMATE BEGINNER CRYSTAL WORKSHOP: Sunday October 20th from 10 to 4 pm. Join Patty and explore these beautiful treasures, experience their energies and understand how and why they work! Learn to connect with crystal guides. We will complete two meditations and you will also leave with a picture of your aura and chakra system. $99 + HST.
CHECK WEBSITE FOR DETAILS WE ALL SO OFFER CRYSTAL wwCARD w.taocrREADINGS, ystals.ca AND SHAMANIC HEALINGS EACH www.facebook.com/TAOCRYSTADAY! LS
RYAN’S LEGACY How to Survive the Loss of Your Loved One by J.J. Southwell
After the loss of her son, J.J. followed her thirst for information on the afterlife (Heaven), reincarnation and past lives. She received Reiki (hands-on energy healing) treatments and subsequently became a Reiki Master/Teacher so she could treat others. J.J. also practiced angel card therapy daily daily for herself and others if they were interested. While visiting four psychic mediums and a tarot card reader, J.J. “spoke” to her son receiving amazingly accurate information from him and other spirits that helped her with her healing. She will share this aspiring information with you. J.J. details the first three years after Ryan’s passing and hopes that relaying her trials and suggestions for dealing with them will assist YOU on your healing journey too. firstname.lastname@example.org Available at Chapters, Coles & Indigo 978-1-4525-7385-4 (Softcover ISBN) 978-1-4525-7387-8 (Hardcover ISBN) 978-1-4525-7386-1 (Ebook ISBN)
Why Do I Feel This Way? Conversations It’s Not un down, tired, and stressed out, no energy, week in and week out? When I am at work and in my home and in my car. But when I am out in nature my energy feels very good and different. It’s like my spirit gets to soar like an eagle.
Doctors can’t find the answer for you all they end up doing is giving you more drugs to mask the symptoms. You end up on a merry go round of feel sick, feel good and feel sick. The signs are all around us, wi-fi, smart technology, cell phones, laptops and tablets every where you go, Tim’s for coffee, restaurants, the gym on the busses and in your car. It’s all called “ELECTROPOLLUTION” The new silent killer disease of the 21st century. We are surrounded by this 24/7 365 days each year. More frequencies are been added each and every day. There is no hiding from this invasion on our bodies and our minds. It also pollutes all plants and animals. When our bodies are been attacked daily, we do not have the chance to heal and get on a better path to wellness. Researchers have correlated electropollution with increase in cancer, depression, learning disabilities, Alzheimer’s and autism. The danger is real and with increasing use of electricity in our environment it is one of the reasons why many scientist believe that some disease are on the rise. Remember that EMF’s are not blocked by trees, walls, buildings and other structures. Like x-rays they pass through these objects and into our bodies, disrupting normal cellular function and biological process. We have developed the products that will keep you and your family protected in this sea of pollution. Developed by Peter Webb who has been working on this problem for over thirty years? From EMF Balancers for your home, work, your vehicle, ADR Disc for your cell phone, laptops, hand held’s. Gold Energy Cards and Plates (for pain) and energized jewelry. (All of our balancers are made in Canada.) Join us in your own EMF Free Zone and feel the difference. www.emffreezone
“HAVE A BALANCED DAY”
Worth Having (Part 4)) By Marlene and Bob Neufeld
In the May, June and September issues of TONE magazine, we wrote about three of the conversations we recommend people not put energy into; i.e. “Who said what.” “Why did you do that?” and “Who is right?” For a copy of those articles go to www.marleneandbob. com/articles.htm. Another conversation we recommend you avoid if you want to feel closer to your partner and have more fun together is focusing on whether what your partner is saying is accurate or exaggerated.
CREATE CLOSER LOVING RELATIONSHIPS Marlene & Bob Neufeld A Couple helping Couples learn life-changing relationship skills
Contact us NOW to find out if we can help YOU and qualify for a COMPLIMENTARY one-hour SESSION 613-594-9248
Many times people in our office get side-tracked into conversations which sound something like this: Partner one: on Tuesday you … (e.g. were talking to your mother about me) Partner two: it wasn’t Tuesday, it was Wednesday Or: Partner one: you never … (e.g. put your dishes away after breakfast). Partner two: Yes, I do, last week on Saturday I not only put them away, I also put yours away. We invite you to accept that when your partner feels strongly about something he or she will likely be inaccurate and/or exaggerate the facts. Focusing on the inaccuracies or exaggerations is a red herring and results in two frustrated people. Pointing out the inaccuracies or exaggerations won’t help you receive your partner’s feelings. Instead of jumping in and cutting your partner off in order to respond, it is wonderful if you can hear with your heart and contain your own emotions until your partner is finished. This requires a willingness to sit with your own feelings long enough for your partner to fully express all that he or she is feeling.
You can simply reflect back what you are hearing, e.g. “I hear that when I was talking to my mother about you, you…” or “I hear that you believe that I never put your dishes away after breakfast.” Or, if you find that impossible to do, you can say “I am having trouble hearing what you are saying because I want to point out your exaggeration or inaccuracy, can we start this conversation again?” There are lots of great conversations that can assist you in feeling closer to each other. Arguing with your partner about inaccuracies or exaggerations isn’t one of them. Contact us if you want to know about the kinds of conversations we have found helpful. Marlene & Bob Neufeld practice body-centered Coaching and Psychotherapy. They are a couple who help couples learn life-changing skills and create closer, more loving relationships with one another. To learn more, see www.marleneandbob.com or call 613-594-9248 to arrange a complimentary 1-hour introductory session.
ROLFING® Miranda (Dayvis) Greenacre Advanced Practitioner
Insurance coverage available
The Ottawa Interfaith Spiritualist Church NEW
888 BYRON AVE (Byron & Redwood), Ottawa EVERY SUNDAY AT 1:00 PM
What Spiritualism can do for you…
~ remove the fear of death ~ comfort the bereaved ~ ~ demonstrate the truth of survival & communication ~ ~ give healing to the sick, and hope to the lonely ~ ~ reveal a new purpose & meaning to your life ~ For info call Rev. Susan Guimond 613-820-8231
Yoga can help your money habits: the root chakra (part one)
oga and money sounds like an unlikely mix. But if you constantly make spending decisions that get in the way of a manageable, enjoyable life—anything from buying an expensive gift that you can’t afford to the “creep” of small purchases that become big debt— then you and your money are out of balance. The ancient Sanskrit term yoga literally means “to unite” and to “to control.” The different yoga disciplines are all designed to create a union between the mind, body, and spirit. Money problems are common when these three areas are out of balance. A healthy financial attitude is not about an excessive attachment to money, and nor does it require a vow of poverty. At either end of the spectrum, you still put more energy into thinking about money than into the relationships and actions that create your true happiness. Yoga asanas combine meditation with physical postures designed to balance the body’s energy centers (called chakras). Each chakra is associated with different aspects of emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. While many people sign up for a yoga class in search of physical health, the mental and emotional benefits soon become obvious. The power of yoga to harmonize the “wheel” of energy circuits gives the physical and mental strength required to make the tough changes in your attitude and actions around money. The Root (Muladhara) chakra, at the base of the spine, regulates self-preservation instincts. If the habit of overspending makes it tough to pay rent, utility bills, or buy groceries -- the Root chakra is out of balance. The shopping buzz plunges quickly into guilty worry leading to another feel-good splurge and more debt -- until the anxiety is almost unbearable. When the Root chakra is balanced, you have the stability to meet your basic needs and enjoy luxuries from a position of financial health. The Mountain and Yoga Squat asanas align and open the energy of the Root chakra. Practicing these poses grounds you, enabling you to begin the most basic (and hated) element of money sanity—the budget. Part 2 of this article shows how to easily create and stick to a budget.
Why All Humans Should Be More Spiritual
Excerpt taken from Robert Bruce author of Energy Work, The Secrets of Healing and Spiritual Growth
t’s may seem to be a radical idea - that all humans, regardless of who they are, where they’re from, or what their backgrounds are, “should” be spiritual. But what if I told you that that’s not enough? What if I told you that they NEED to be more spiritual just to be happy and psychologically healthy? The idea that human beings need purpose and direction in life is not If you’d like to get on track towards healing, insights novel, but so few understand this consciously. Why? and experiencing more about spiritual evolution, Spirituality is not black and white. There is a large purpose and direction in life, try the energy/vibrational gray area and most people fall under that category. medicine of the Crystal Light Bed from John of God. It Maybe they believe in God or a higher purpose in is the ultimate life enhancing experience because of the a vague sense, or maybe they just think everything profound work being done on all levels of the body, by happens for a reason, but that’s the extent of it. They the spiritual doctors who work through the lights and do not practice any form of spirituality, or work on through John of God. themselves for improvement. This profound healing system pulses coloured light Spirituality Is The Meaning Of life. If you’re a through 7 clear quartz crystals into your energy field “thinking” person, then you’ve probably wondered and the 7 main chakra centers. A treatment session is what the meaning and purpose of life is. I mean, what is very relaxing and comfortable. The client lies down on this all about? Why are we here? What are we supposed a massage table with 7 clear quartz crystals suspended to be doing? Is there a rhyme and a reason to existence? above the body emitting healing frequencies. Soft The beauty of spirituality is that once you commit to it, music plays in the background, a cover is placed over a world of opportunity and new experiences open up the eyes, and physical comfort is assured. The process to you. The moment you decide that spirituality is “for opens, cleanses and balances your etheric field, raising you”, it’s as if the doors of enlightenment swing open the frequency of your energy bodies to enable a team and you finally start to see the light. of spiritual surgeons to perform deep healing work on The truth is that humans beings... in fact, all beings, are all levels of your body, physical, mental, emotional and inherently spiritual. The longer you practice spirituality, spiritual. and the more devoted you become, the more it becomes While under the lights there are so many possibilities, the CENTRAL part of your life. It basically becomes you might fall asleep, daydream or begin to meditate. your REASON FOR LIVING. You need to understand The Crystal Light Bed Therapy is a tool for on going self that it is a way of life, not a hobby or passing interest. healing and self understanding. The more serious you are about it, the more it gives back to you. For more information or to book an The elephant in the living room that nobody ever appointment call 613 789-1318 mentions is that almost NOBODY knows what they’re doing. They have no idea why they are alive, why they exist, or where they’re going. They are just sleepwalking through their days and hoping that everything works out for them in the long term. But as a spiritual person, you KNOW why Empower Yourself-Empower Others. New Life Path NLP offers a full you’re here AND where you’re range of self-empowering services and educational courses to clients in going - and most importantly, both individual and small group settings. Become a Neuro Linguistic HOW you’re getting there. Spirituality fulfills you and gives Programming Coach in seven days with four certifications: NLP you an endless purpose to pursue. Practitioner; NLP Coach; Time Line Therapy Practitioner; and It becomes your “secret” mission Hypnotherapy Practitioner. ABNLP approved training. Visit our web site that you need to accomplish. And at www.newlifepathnlp.com or contact us at 819-661-7148. Bilingual. it’s fun.
A Way out of the Desert By Mary Anne Buchowski
ne of the most beloved images in A Course in Miracles is that of the “little garden,” a garden of love, an oasis in the middle of the desert. The desert the Course talks about is primarily mental, emotional, and spiritual more than physical. It is a place in which we live, “lonely little kingdoms,” self-contained, separate and apart from one another, yearning for love and joy, but feeling lost and experiencing a sense of emptiness and loneliness––something missing. (Even if we have a home and relationships, we may still feel lonely and homeless inside.) It is a world in which we harbour grievances, anger, and resentment––and they are what actually turn our world into a desert, devoid not of water, but of life-sustaining love. To some degree or other, we all live in this desert.
Introduction to A Course in Miracles The modern spiritual classic, A Course in Miracles, appears in the writings of spiritual teachers such as Eckhart Tolle, Marianne Williamson, Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, and Gerald Jampolsky, who founded Attitudinal Healing based on the Course’s principles. But what is it? This introductory course will provide a solid foundation for understanding this immensely practical path of spiritual awakening, focusing on A Course in Miracles’ radically transformative teachings on love, forgiveness, miracles, inner peace, and healing––and their powerful effect on our lives and the lives of others. Offered by Course Oasis a registered charitable organization dedicated to A Course in Miracles. 6 Sunday evenings Nov. 10 – Dec. 15, 6:30-9:00 p.m. For more information about this course and other activities, contact Mary Anne Buchowski 613-726-0195 ~ email@example.com www.courseoasis.org This course was sent to open up the path of light to us, and teach us, step by step, how to return to the eternal Self we thought we lost. –– A Course in Miracles
A Course in Miracles offers us a way out of the desert. That way out––sometimes described as a “path of light”––is love and forgiveness. At some point, one person (or more often, two people) decides to let go of their anger and grievances, and choose to see things differently and forgive. What they have really chosen is love over fear, peace over conflict, and joy over pain. This choice to let love in––and out––calls forth a miracle, which brings about a healing, transforming their feeling of separation into one of joining and oneness. This transformation brings feelings of love and joy that can’t be contained but naturally spread to others through the expression of acts of loving kindness, which the Course calls “miracles.” Out of the love and forgiveness springs a little garden, an oasis in the desert. Those who wander wearily in this desert are welcomed into the oasis, where they find healing and where their whole experience is transformed. This miracle of healing, the love that is present, is so powerful that it also transforms the barren desert––our inner world and our outer world––into a garden of peace and love. A Course in Miracles takes us step by step out of the desert of our existence and teaches us an entirely different way of living––a way based on each one of us becoming an oasis of love and forgiveness in a love-thirsty world, starting in our relationships. Course Oasis (a Course teaching centre and not-for-profit organization) was founded with the purpose of being such an oasis, a garden of peace and welcome, to which people could come and drink of the living waters offered by A Course in Miracles and learn to walk its path of light. For more information about A Course in Miracles and Course Oasis, contact Mary Anne Buchowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website (courseoasis.org). See also the accompanying ad.
A healing journey to a calmer state of mind...
Shiatsu Thai Yoga Massage Ayurvedic Therapies Reiki Reflexology Lomi Lomi Sound Healing Tree Essences Couples Services Crystals Advanced Skin and Body Care Therapeutic Massage RMT Organic Skin, Body and Hair Care
45 Rideau at Sussex, 2nd floor Telephone: 613.241.7770 email: email@example.com
Autumn and Chinese Medicine By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac.
here is a slight nip in the air. The days are starting to get shorter. And just as the squirrels have gotten down to the business of storing nuts for the winter, we find ourselves a little more serious and less carefree than in summer. Whether you’re preparing for school or preparing for a new business venture, you know that Fall has arrived. Fall is the beginning of the yin cycle when the daylight lasts less than twelve hours. It’s a time of harvest when we gather the colorful fruits and vegetables for winter storage. Pumpkins and squashes are our symbols of bounty. We also store wood for the fire and get out our warm clothes for the colder, darker days of winter. According to Oriental medicine, the season of autumn is associated with the element of Metal, which governs organization, order, communication, the mind, setting limits, and protecting boundaries. It’s a good time to finish projects that you began in spring and summer – harvesting the bounty of your hard work. Of course, it’s also the perfect time to begin more introspective, indoor projects. During the summer, which is ruled by the Fire element, we deal more with the external – traveling and playing outdoors. Fall, on the other hand, is a time of organizing your life for the winter season ahead and coming more inside your body and mind to reflect on your life. The lung and large intestine are the internal organs related to Fall and the Metal element. Lung is associated with the emotion of “letting go.” This process is difficult for those who love the summer. They find it hard to give up the long days of sunlight, warm temperatures, and open windows. Others feel differently and love autumn, from the crisper air to the vivid red, orange, and yellow leaves on the trees. If letting go of summer is hard for you, extra support from your licensed acupuncturist may be in order to help you make the transition. That’s right…acupuncture works on releasing emotional issues as well as physical ones. Lung is considered by Oriental medicine to be the “tender organ.” This is because the lung is the uppermost organ in the body and especially susceptible to wind and cold. During the change in temperature, be sure to dress for the weather! I see too many people still dressed for summer at the beginning of autumn, which is an open invitation for coughs, sore throats, and the common cold. The lungs control the circulation of the Wei-Qi, which is the defensive Qi that protects you from the invasion of flu and colds. The Wei-Qi circulates on the surface between the skin and muscles and works to warm the body. If the Wei-Qi is weak, the skin and muscles will not be warmed properly. This is why people tend to
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
feel cold when they’re sick. A weakness in the lungs can lead to a weakness in the Wei-Qi, making a person prone to frequent colds. The nose is the opening to the lungs, and you can prevent colds by keeping your nose and sinuses clean and clear. Using a netti pot with some sea salt and water helps rid the nose of excess mucus. If you suffer from a runny nose or sinus infections, acupuncture and Chinese herbs are wonderful for alleviating that problem. Steve Eun Kyu Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac is a Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner at New Life Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Center in Ottawa. He is affiliated with Ottawa Fertility Centre and Riverside Acupuncture & Wellness Centre for infertility treatment. For further information or to make an appointment call 613-863-6906 or visit website www.freewebs.com/newlifeacu or www.acupunctureottawa.com
A Language of the Soul:
Images, Imagination, Intuition
magine a picture is worth a 1000 words. Images and symbols can help make sense of the world around us. Have you ever entered a foreign land? With no understanding of the local language, and yet through the discovery of symbols on display, you are supported in finding your way. SoulCollage® is an easy creative process that uses images to develop your intuition and ability to hear the true voice of your Soul. It helps provide guidance from Spirit in a concrete manner. Join in the fun of creating and reading cards on your own or with others. Gather images from magazines, calendars, or use your own photos. Keep in mind, each SoulCollage® card represents only one essence (neter energy) or theme (one aspect of personality, etc). A SoulCollage® Deck is the Story of You: “It is a tangible way to know yourself in your diversity and depth, and also to show yourself to others. In like-spirited groups, you can share cards and work with them in many sacred ways. You can consult them intuitively and discover wisdom within yourself which will amaze you. Besides all this, creating them is just plain fun! You will love your deck -- a multi-card Mirror of your Self and your Soul -- whether it consists of three cards or a hundred.” ~ Seena B. Frost, founder. SoulCollage® cards can bring forth an understanding of the dynamics at play in challenging situations at home or at work. In learning to dialogue with the cards they can be used to provide input and direction in setting goals and intentions. They can also be a tool to help make decisions and identify opportunities. The gift of developing a language and conversation with Soul is the discovery and expression of one’s unique potential, truth and inner wisdom. Catherine Gee is a life coach, teacher and change management consultant. Catherine’s collaborative and empowering style acts as a catalyst for others to leverage cycles of change, learning and growth. She is certified as a Professional Coach (the Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara), EarthWalk Parenting and SoulCollage® Facilitator and has a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering. She is also a Sound and Energy Healing practitioner and offers classes in Leadership,
“Inner Clown” by Seena Frost Sacred Circle Dance, Creative Self Expression and Subtle Energy Healing. techniques. Upcoming Fall 2013 SoulCollage® sessions: Oct 4th, Nov 1, Nov 3rd, Dec 1st. 613.296.6288 firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ULTRA IMMUNE BOOSTER
Guaranteed health or your money back The Ultra Immune System Booster technology has the ability to re-invogorate the sparks of life in your organs and your digestive system like nothing ever seen before.
Cult of Anxiety
he last couple of weeks have been challenging, as growth and transition often is. The shift has inspired a consideration: “Where do you turn when there’s nothing left to distract you?” If the cable is gone and the Internet is down and that gut-wrenching, free-floating anxiety sinks it’s teeth in, where do you seek for solace? Most of us have experienced this feeling at one point or another in our lives. Some more than others. Some are living it now, reflecting on unfulfilled expectations or still caught in the desire for more. Some of us will skim along the surface until the very end, the brink of the pond reaches the abyss and we’re caught on the edge, looking over. Then what. In his book Lighting the Flame of Awareness, David Frawley writes: It’s no wonder that we are anxious . . . We are always trying to figure things out, to plan and control them, to make them go our way or to bring us what we want. The very action of thought must result in anxiety because life is beyond our control. Even when we succeed in getting what we want, we find that it is really not what we thought it would be (31). Can you relate? Frawley’s solution is meditation. Only in connecting with one’s true state of being will the nostalgia and anticipation subside. Only then can we experience the peace and contentment that are the biproduct of living in the moment. In practical terms, when anxious, try the following: 1. Pause for a moment and breathe. Inhale for a count of four and exhale for a count of four. It’s impossible to be anxious while breathing deeply. 2. Call to mind three things that make you smile. Better yet, write them down. This will shift your thinking from worry to gratitude. Always a good transition. 3. Call a friend. In a time when communication is most often via technological devises, we can tend to feel isolated or alone. Just connecting with a voice can make all the difference in dissolving that illusion. Eryn Kirkwood, MA, RYT500, is a Yoga Teacher and Lifestyle Consultant here in Ottawa. She offers classes and workshops to help people reach their goals using the science, philosophy, and physical practices of yoga with an emphasis on vegan nutrition. Individual consults are offered internationally by phone, email, and/or Skype. For more information, please see ErynsYoga.com or contact email@example.com
U.K. Astrologer Steve Judd is coming to Ottawa!
With 30 years experience, he works on character analysis, past explanation, present expansion and future exploration.
Steve will be giving a talk on Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. Singing Pebble Books 206 Main Street (upstairs) Cost: $15.
He will be available for Half Hour and Hour readings October 16th & 17th in the same location from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (and evenings if required).
Contact Teresa Waclawik for bookings: 613-231-1202 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Empower Your Spirit Connect with your Intuition
Carol A. Throop Teacher/Healer
Courses, Workshops, Online Classes
613-440-4120 email@example.com empoweryourspirit.weebly.com
WORKSHOPS AND PERSONAL READINGS — ASTROLOGY AND TAROT
Tarot Workshop Sunday November 3, 2013 “At the end of the day you will read the Tarot without using guidebooks.” One Day Workshop
$125 - Includes 1 year FREE Tarot Help Desk SYLLABUS FOR TAROT WORKSHOP: The different learning styles ¤ The history of the Tarot ¤ Why the Tarot works ¤ Synchronicity ¤ The different Tarot Decks ¤ Your cards and how to treat them. ¤ The 22 cards of the Major Arcana ¤ The four suits of the Tarot. ¤ The different "spreads" ¤ Celtic Cross spread ¤ Reading for every day use. ¤ Setting up a journal. ¤ How to formulate a question. ¤ Basic principles of Interpretation. ¤ Understanding the Major Cards. ¤ Understanding the Minor Cards. ¤ Understanding the Aces. ¤ Understanding the Court Cards. ¤ Reversed cards? ¤ When you need help? ¤ Practice makes perfect. ¤ The Tarot Matrix. ©
Where: Singing Pebble Books
206 Main St. upstairs, Ottawa
When: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Sunday November 3, 2013
How to Register:
Judy Jibb 613-304-4255 (msg) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops
Double Gong New Moon Meditation with Devinder Kaur - October 3, 5:45pm Two Gongs played at the same time! Every New Moon, we have the opportunity to manifest a new beginning. Kirtan with Jim Gelcer – October 4, 7:30pm Jim is an award-winning and internationally acclaimed musician and composer. Join Jim and his band for a joyful evening of chanting, song, dance and kirtan. Bhakti Quilt with Jim Gelcer – October 5, 1:00pm Connect with your inner voice and with others through chant. Delve deep into the theory and practice of kirtan through song and story in this hands on, fun workshop. Yin Yoga 101 with Gitanjali – October 5th, 3:30pm This is the ideal introduction to Yin Yoga! If you’ve never tried Yin Yoga or not sure how to get started with Yin Yoga, this workshop is for you! PranaShanti Yoga Centre – 5 Year Anniversary Celebration - Sunday, October 6, 5:00pm to 8:00pm Everyone welcome! Come celebrate with us for an evening of meditation, music, dance, and catered refreshments! Surprises, door prizes and a separate children’s party to be enjoyed! FREE Open House - Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training – October 13, 11:30am Bring your questions. Meet the Lead Trainer. This program is life-transforming whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge. Partner Yoga Workshop with Melissa Delaney – October 13, 4:00pm Partner Yoga is a fun and safe way to practice yoga. Explore familiar postures such as balancing poses and twists, concluding with restorative postures & massage techniques. Full Moon Gong Meditation with Devinder Kaur – October 17, 5:45pm Learn the astrology for the Full Moon and do a short yoga set (kriya) and meditation. Class concludes with a deep relaxation with the healing sounds of the Gong and Crystal Singing Bowls! U.K. Astrologer Steve Judd is coming to Ottawa! With 30 years experience, he works on character analysis, past explanation, present expansion and future exploration.
www.stevejudd.com Steve will be giving a talk on Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. Singing Pebble Books, 206 Main St. (upstairs) Cost: $15. He will be available for Half Hour and Hour readings October 16th & 17th in the same location from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (and evenings if required). Contact Teresa Waclawik for bookings: 613-231-1202 or email@example.com
Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training with Devinder – Begins October 18 This program is life-transforming and is for everyone. Whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge. 200 hour, Yoga Alliance approved and KRI certified. Our international training team will expertly guide you. Sounds of the Solar System with David Hickey –October 19, 7:30pm David’s set up includes 10-12 Quartz Crystal Bowls, 8-10 Paiste Planet Gongs, Vibraphone and Santoor. A TRUE SOUND IMMERSION! Forrest Yoga with Louise Cameron – October 20, 11:30am The class is an inspiring yoga practice that builds flexibility, intelligence and strength while helping deepen the relationship with your authentic self. Vinyasa, Zumba & Yin with Maria Figueroa – October 25, 7:30pm Three incredible forms of movement blended into one great class set to a consciously selected blend of music. Functional Anatomy/Therapeutic Training with Marlysa Sullivan – October 25-28, 2013 This is an experiential course where we explore the major muscles and joints of the body and how they relate to yoga practice. This course will enable you to have a better understanding of how to practice asanas safely and in a way to focus on specific muscles and muscular/joint imbalances in your and your students practices. Master Class Weekend: Ayurveda Immersion with Maria Garre – November 1-3, 2013 Yoga and Ayurveda are the two sister sciences that complement each other to bring balance and vitality to the body and mind. Ayurveda offers a system of healing, purification and rejuvenation and Yoga provides techniques and practices that enhance our subtle energy and calm the mind in addition to strengthening and opening the physical body. Join Maria for this incredible weekend of Prana Flow®, AyurYoga™ and other specialized Ayurvedic teachings that will enhance and deepen your Yoga on and off the mat. Introduction to A Course in Miracles 6 Sundays, November 10 – December 15, 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. A Course in Miracles appears in the writings of spiritual teachers such as Eckhart Tolle, Marianne Williamson, and Wayne Dyer. But what is it? This course will provide a solid introduction to this path of spiritual awakening, focusing on its transformative teachings on love, forgiveness, miracles, inner peace, and healing, and on their powerful effect on our lives and the lives of others. $190. For more information, call Mary Anne Buchowski at Course Oasis, 613-726-0195 or firstname.lastname@example.org courseoasis.org
Soul Power for Healing & Rejuvenation – FREE TELECLASS Tuesday, October 15, 7:00 – 8:30 pm. The Kundalini and Lower Dan Tian are the most important areas in the body for healing, balancing emotions, and boosting energy, stamina, vitality and immunity. Learn how to develop these foundational energy centres for healing and rejuvenation. To attend: Dial 1-559-546-1333; access code 124812#. Info: LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com. Soul Masters: Dr. Guo & Dr. Sha Film Screening & Divine Healing Hands Blessings Friday, October 18, 7:00 – 9:30 pm, FREE. This inspiring documentary reveals breakthrough techniques using Soul Power to heal. Meet Master Zhi Gang Sha and his beloved spiritual father, Master Zhi Chen Guo – two extraordinary healers and spiritual teachers. Your heart will be touched as you witness their commitment to serve humanity. 2650 Southvale Crescent. Info: Sara at 613-620-1996 or sara. email@example.com. Soul Healing Evening with Master Lynda Chaplin Thursday, October 24, 7:00 – 9:30 pm, FREE. Soul healing is quantum healing harnessing the power of soul to unblock life’s challenges. Learn soul wisdom and experience powerful blessings for healing and life transformation. One lucky person will receive a Divine Crown Chakra Blessing as a GIFT. 2650 Southvale Crescent. Info: Master Lynda at 416-255-8823 or LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com. Divine Healing Hands Training Program with Master Lynda Chaplin Friday – Sunday, October 25-27, 10 am – 9 pm, $625. This unique and extraordinary program empowers you to offer Divine Healing Hands Soul Healing blessings to transform physical conditions, emotional imbalances, relationships, pets, finances, and more. You may use this treasure to selfheal and to help others, either individually or as a group, in person or remotely. 2650 Southvale Crescent. Info: Master Lynda at 416-255-8823 or LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com SOULFUL SUNDAY Join us for an afternoon of connecting with yourself and with other like minded people. Come for tea and experience different ways of growing, healing, knowing. We are offering: SoulCollage Card Reading, Hands-on Healing & Sandtray Play SUNDAY OCTOBER 6TH 2013 1:00 to 4:00. LOCATION: elationcenter, 360 Kirkwood Avenue North, Suite 201 REGISTER: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-282-7905 A suggested donation of $25 is appreciated.
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops OCTOBER 4TH Fearless Cooking Spice workshop 7-9pm $45 Roast and grind your own seasonal spice mix for fall, Fearless Cooking style. In this fun hands-on workshop, you will learn the healing properties of a variety of spices and how to use them in your everyday dishes, as well as simple home remedies. Ignite your life series 7:30-9:30pm $40 Fall Madly, Deeply in Love....with Yourself We delve further into the realm of pleasure. At the core of every woman is a deep desire to feel like a goddess: beautiful, powerful and creative OCTOBER 5TH Kripalu Yoga Dance 1-2:30pm $12 advance $20 day of Embark upon a meditation in motion using the joy of movement to tone muscles, build flexibility, endurance and cardiovascular fitness. Kripalu – Let Your Yoga Dance® is a unique approach to movement, combining the time honored traditions of yoga and dance in a 90 minute class. Yoga Off The Mat 3:30-6pm $15 advance $25 day of Yoga is more than just a downward dog here and an upward facing dog there - it is a lifestyle. The Yamas (Restraints) and Niyamas (Observances) offer ten values that are very much the foundation of a yogic spiritual practice and can offer a simple but profound basis for living a healthier, happier & rich life within our daily activities and interactions. Yin vs Yang 2-5pm $60 The central concept of Ayurvedic Medicine is that health exists when there is a balance between the Doshas Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. We all have some level of imbalance...the question is how do you know... and what can you do about it? OCTOBER 6TH Intro to Lymphatic Massage 11am-6pm $125 During this wonderful workshop Jan will walk you through the dynamics of the lymphatic system by discussing basic anatomy and physiology. You will later experience and learn how to give a basic lymphatic massage, front and back OCTOBER 9TH Guru Ram Das Birthday Sadhana 5-7:30am free On October 9th, the early morning sadhana will be 2.5 hours of chanting Dhan Dhan Ram Das Guru to celebrate his birthday. Doors open at 4:45am, followed by Japji. Doors will lock at 5am, and re-open at 6am. Everyone is welcome. OCTOBER 12TH Kirtan 1-3pm $15 free for kids A Bhakti Connection Kirtan is like a musical journey around the Sacred World. Be it from various ancient texts or modern melodies, participants are encouraged to join the chanting with voice or instrument, creating a smooth meditative experience. Join the group in their musical journey across the ages, you may even be moved to dance!
Restorative Yoga For Chronic Pain and Fatigue 2-4pm $25 Yoga poses that ask our muscles to move and contract are yang in nature. Yoga poses that ask our connective tissues to relax and lengthen over time are yin in nature. Yoga poses that ask nothing of our bodies except deep rest and healing are restorative in nature. OCTOBER 25TH Partner Yoga 7:30-9pm $40/pair Yoga for two! Enjoy this fun and interactive class with your partner, friend, workout buddy - everyone is welcome to attend! Sat Nam Rasayan Meditation and Healing class with Hari Nam 7:45-9:45pm $30 Yogi and Healer, Hari Nam Singh of Los Angeles teaches a healing meditation class. Meet your mind and soul and penetrate deeply into your meditative excellence. Join us for what is always an amazing class. OCTOBER 26TH Partner Massage 1-3:30pm $40/couple Registered Massage Therapists Teresa McLean and Christine Northan as they demonstrate and guide you through a simple and effective (over the clothes) head to toe relaxation massage. You’ll walk away with a 30 minute routine and a variety of techniques you can offer your loved ones, reducing tension and increasing relaxation. No experience necessary! Sat Nam Rasayan Healing With The Elements 1-7pm $70 half day $125 full day The Elements, Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Ether comprise our physical world. The Prana of our mortal incarnation gathers them in combination while we live. They are released when our Prana can no longer hold them and then we expire. The approach of healing with the Elements seeks to bring them into balance when one or more of them are in excess or deficient. Healing in this way can apply to our physical system as well as to the way we relate with everything. OCTOBER 27TH Yoga For Birth 11am-6pm $120/couple It’s never too early or too late to start preparing for the birth of your baby! This course is for a pregnant woman and her partner (in life and/or birth). Whether you are planning a hospital or a home birth, this session will be beneficial for you. We will start with a yoga class specifically designed to assist with pregnancy and labour. Yoga for Seniors teacher training part 2 is Oct 25-27 Learning to teach yoga to seniors safely and mindfully is becoming an increasingly important skill in the yoga teaching world. As our population ages steadfastly, understanding the common physical and mental issues and having the qualifications to teach yoga to this large segment of our population will provide teachers with a unique and very rewarding niche. and Hatha Yoga Teacher Training starts October 18 Our 200-hour Hatha teacher training program is designed for lovers of yoga and aspiring teachers. Learn how to teach a safe and efficient class with confidence while empowering your personal practice.
YOGA EVENTS IN KINGSTON Janati Yoga School www.janatiyoga.com Laughter Yoga Leader Training Improved health and wellness through Laughter Yoga! No experience necessary. October 5th & 6th from 9am to 5pm (613) 507.5550 Ajna Chakra - Seeing the Unseen Explore practices that can help us to discern the differences between what we think we see, and what is actually real. October 6th from 2:30pm to 5pm (613) 507.5550 Somatics w Richard Hudspith. An introduction to the practice of somatics. All are welcome! November 2nd from 6:30pm to 8:30pm (613) 507.5550 Living Yoga Studios www.LivingYogaStudios.ca Finding Inner Peace Through Meditation Geshe Lama Samten (a Buddhist spiritual teacher from Tibet) will be teaching on October 16th at 7:30pm (613) 453 8811 The Essential Elements of Alignment An intensive workshop with Perri van Rossem October 18th & 19th (613) 453 8811 Pelvic Floor workshop will introduce practical exercises to help to alleviate discomforts that stem from a weak or over tense pelvic floor and is open to everyone, not just students of yoga. November 9th (613) 453 8811 LEARN TO READ THE TAROT Sunday November 3, 2013 10 to 4, at Singing Pebble Books upstairs. Fun, informative, empowering, confidential, at the end of the day you will read the tarot for yourself without using guidebooks; $125; go to http://astro.ncf.ca for information; email email@example.com; or telephone 613 304 4255; Judy Jibb, Astrologer and Mythic Tarot Consultant. 2nd Annual Find A Coach Expo Saturday, October 5, 2013: 10am – 4pm Jean Pigott Place, Ottawa City Hall 110 Laurier Avenue W., Ottawa, Ontario www.powerfocuscoaching.com/ FindACoachExpo Free Admission with donation to: Victoria’s Quilts Canada Fully Alive: Christian meditation and Yoga retreat, Providence Spirituality Centre Kingston, Ontario November 8 to November 10, 2013 Leaders: Kevin Flynn, Lucie Legault, Michel Legault Information and/or registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the laqyers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SUFI ORDER OF OTTAWA http://sufiorderofottawa.webs.com/
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. T. M. (THOME-us MARTee) TEGTMEYER, coaching and teaching transformation: balance@thomasMtegtmeyer.com; Phone: 613.769.5575. BARBARA WATERFALL, MSW, Ph.D., Reiki Master Founder of Institute of Divine Justice, Transformational Healer, Spiritual Teacher, Singer/Musician and Song Writer, and Community Builder. (613) 523-5367 email@example.com instituteofdivinejustice.com
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, individual mentoring, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: courseoasis@ primus.ca; Website: www.courseoasis.org
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
HARMONY ACUPUNCTURE, Rural Kanata location, Alice Kwasniok, Dr. Ac. and TCM, MSc, member of CMAAC, graduate of ACOS, Nelson, BC. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine for prevention and treatment of a variety of acute and chronic conditions. Weight loss and detoxification, anti-aging facial rejuvenation. 613-832-0658. www.harmonyrevival.com
BRIGITTE CARON fully bilingual, certified teacher (also speaks Spanish). 317 Chapel (@ Laurier). 789-7972.
PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Psychic Medium, Empath, Intuitive Energy Therapist, Reiki Master, Certified Hypnotherapist. Akasha is the fundamental energy at the very core of creation. All that is created emanates from and returns to the energy of the Akasha. Held within the Akasha are the individual records of each soul from the time it leaves its point of origin until its return. Every thought, word, deed and intent generated by each soul’s experience is recorded within the Akasha in one’s personal Akashic Records as well as in a collective recording of the experience. Accessing information from the Akashic Records gives us Divine insight as we create and manifest our desires. email@example.com
THREELIGHTS HEALING INC I am a Certified Angel Therapy Practitioner/ Certified Intuitive Life Coach/Usui Reiki MasterTeacher/Certified Magnified Healer/Clairvoyant Medium. Integrated Healing Therapy Sessions with messages from your angels. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org
• Allergy treatment
ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program PAIN RELIEF; correction of chronic conditions; is tailored to your individual health needs. addiction relief; weight loss; pro-active tune-up NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, for health maintenance. Meridians Clinic ADD & other chronic and conditions includ(613) 728-2579 www.naetottawa.com ing pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine SUNRISE COMMUNITY ACUPUNCTURE clinic (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox offers affordable treatments on a sliding scale from $15 to 35 ( +HST). You pay what you can, & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent no questions asked. There is an additional $10 and acute health issues. State-of-the-art comfor the first treatment only. 20 years of experiputerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa ence. www.ottawaacupuncturestudio.com. is a full service, full time practice and also 613-853-9099. offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, BLAISE T. RYAN, R.TCMP, R.Acu. Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. Specializing in Traditional Chinese Medicine, 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-661Acupuncture, Qigong and Child Psychology. 1061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais. Experienced & Registered. Adults & Children. Insurance receipts available. Located in • Angel Therapy Westboro at The Village Clinic. Book online at ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane www.drblaiseryan.com or call 613-702-5377 Lanthier incorporates various modalities, including family constellation work, into a • Addictions unique and compelling Emotional Freedom SEX ADDICTS ANONYMOUS (SAA). A 12 step Techniques session. EFT is gentle yet powerful group to stop compulsive behaviour. Phone energy work that allows you to release any 786-1060. negative memories and feelings that are blocking you from moving forward in life. 613 297 8293, firstname.lastname@example.org, reiki-light.com • Akashic Records
• Alexander Technique ELENA CALVO. Certified teacher(England) Personalized mind and body work. English, Spanish, and French spoken. Health Insurance covered. (819) 771-0110. THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
VONNE SOLIS. www.vonnesolis.com. 613-258-3550 DISCOVER YOUR WISDOM WITH SOUL COLLAGE®. Fun, creative workshops and one on one sessions. www.soulcollage.com, Elise Laviolette 613-864-6377, firstname.lastname@example.org BARBARA WATERFALL is a conduit for the Ascended Master, Angelic and Elemental Realms, offering empowered Higher Guidance, as well as profound Transformational Healing Sessions, using the modalities of Wholistic Rebirthing, and Advanced gTummo (Sacred Fire) Blessings. (613) 523-5367 email@example.com HEALING ANGELS OF THE ENERGY FIELD, Integrated Energy Therapy-Master Instructor and Journey Practitioner. Learn how to connect with your angels and be the best you can be. Contact Susan at 613-220-6551 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY • Aqualead AQUALEAD ENERGY - Healing water, environmental healing. Level I, II and Master classes. Free of charge, donations accepted. Sabine Blais, Aqualead & Reiki Master. email email@example.com for schedules, www.aqualeadinstitute.org (819) 230-6638.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com PROMOTE WELLNESS with AROMATHERAPY! One hour sessions - $50. Available Thurs., Fri. and Sat. at Classy Nails & Spa Inc. (613-834-9922) 260 Centrum Boulevard, Ottawa
• Art / Art Therapy SCULPTURE FROM THE HEART: a powerful creative process working with the whole person, energizing and grounding. Free introductory session. Hilde Paz - BA Visual Arts, qualified Steiner sculpture therapist, Tobias School of Art, UK (1988). individuals and small groups. Info: 613 829-3408 JOURNEY THROUGH THE RAINBOW: Participants gain a greater understanding of themselves by exploring the seven colours of the rainbow through art, visualization, sound and food. A “sense”-ational experience! Tammy Smith 613-799-1022 Tammy_reiki@hotmail.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org 11th House Astrology Group, open to all levels, to exchange & learn, 2nd Monday of month (Sept.June), 61 Main St. Ottawa. Info:. 613-821-4839.
• Aura Photography AURA PHOTO & Chakra Balancing Aura pic & interpretation, Colour therapy, Clear blockages, Healing. Rina Soucy 613-841-8651
• Ayurveda NOEL SMITH-SPARROW: Ayurvedic
lifestyle Consultant, phone: (613) 294-7798 email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health HOLISTIC ESTHETICIAN. Non-surgical Facelift hydrate, rejuvenate, healing your skin.Pure organic skin care product. Call Dina 613-526-1255 NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com LORI HOLLOHAN, M.A. Advanced Certified BodyTalk Practitioner, Yoga Teacher and Reiki II. Tel: (613) 866-7091; Email: info@ lorihollohan.com; Web: www.lorihollohan.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWENTHERAPY OTTAWA Bette Madigan. www.BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) 376 Churchill Ave. Suite 203 (Westboro Clinic) insurance receipts available. Call 613-722-4249 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org MARIANNA MEDVID, Registered Bowen Therapist, Homeoplus Outaouais Clinic, Hull. Pain relief and body balancing. 819-777-1818 (w) or 613-291-6651(c) email@example.com; bowentherapyhealing.ca. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org BOWENWORKS OF KINGSTON, Andrée Boisvert, Certified Bowenwork® Practitioner, 920 Princess St., Suite 105, Kingston, 613331-3625, email@example.com www.abholistichealth.com
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Ceremonies CARRIE RATHWELL, CEREMONIALIST. Personalized ceremonies created for and with you: weddings, funerals, baby and family ceremonies, rites of passage, pet funerals, shamanic journeys for ceremonies, and more. 613-2371473. www.carrierathwell.com
• Chakra/Aura Balancing www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362 THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Clinics PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 5674444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512.
• Clubs OWLS Club: socially-responsible club for ladies 40+, for friendship, support and co-creation. For info or to join: www.owls-club.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Co-dependence Issues YOU CAN RECOVER FROM CODEPENDENCE. Your guide and spiritual counsellor, Deanna Rutherford, invites you to call for a consultation – 613-829-9102.
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. T. M. (THOME-us MARTee) TEGTMEYER, Functional, Integrative and Vibrational transformation. By appointment only. Phone: 613.769.5575 ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: email@example.com MARLENE NEUFELD, MSW, RSW, AND BOB NEUFELD, M.ED., help couples create closer loving relationships. We specialize in two-on-two couples coaching/psychotherapy. Experience our life changing approach which will help you learn skills and techniques that facilitate lasting personal change in a faster and easier way than traditional talk-therapy. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-chargeto you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. ANNA GREEN, MA CCC - providing Coaching, Counselling, Spiritual Growth, &
Body-Mind Healing Therapies. 613-295-9987 www.spiritwell.ca www.annagreen.ca
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com NURTURING A LOVING RELATIONSHIP with your embodied wisdom thru Focusing, NVC & Yoga. Phone/Skype, in person. Shulamit Day Berlevtov 613-868-9642 www.shula.ca KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 MARY O’KEEFFE, MA., MSc., Clinical member, Ontario Society of Psychotherapists. Mindfulness & Compassion-Based therapy, for emotional balance, anxiety, stress, burnout, grief, relationship and childhood issues. Experienced therapist, Integrative & Holistic...613-608-7809 www.mindfultherapyottawa.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/ Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual.
613-235-9813 firstname.lastname@example.org SONJA MULLER, R.N, Healer, Sat Guru Teacher Ashtanga Yoga Therapist, and Health Coach. Practicing the Path of the Rose in the Lotus of Life as a teacher of the Revealed Teachings of Christ. Renewal of faith, and spirit through conversion and the path of the rose of spiritual understanding and awakening. 613 795-4583. Retreats, personal therapy, path work, initiation, workshops, trainings by appointment. GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 BARBARA WATERFALL, MSW, Ph.D. Explore the transformational and powerful practice of Wholistic Rebirthing. Described as “the Grandmother I have always been looking for,” Barbara gently facilitates the release and the removal of the cause, effect, record and memory of trauma, and other emotional residue of distress. (613) 523-5367 email@example.com
• Couples MARLENE AND BOB NEUFELD help couples who want to create a closer, more loving relationship with one another. Learn how to avoid the common relationship problems of criticism, defensiveness, or just drifting apart. Experience Bob and Marlene’s life changing approach, which includes their ability to bring a couple’s perspective to helping other couples. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-charge-to you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC Counselling couples and individuals toward more peaceful, loving relationships within themselves and each other. LIVE, LAUGH, PLAY. Develop more insight and happiness - improve communication - find time to walk together. Counselling and mediation services are available. Receipts available, clinically supervised therapy. Downtown area. 613-295-9987 www.annagreen.ca
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. DENISE GAULIN, B.A., CST Since the early 1990’s, Denise offers individual CranioSacral Therapy (CST) and SomatoEmotional Release (SER) sessions; she also has a specialization and a vast experience in pediatric CST and Visceral Manipulation (Barral). Denise is a certified CranioSacral therapist and certified teaching assistant for all levels of coursework (Upledger). Tutorials are offered to students of CST and SER. By appointment. Tel. 613-738-9080 WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions.
DIRECTORY Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239
Trained to aid and support individuals in their dying processes. Debbie Charbonneau, 613823-0384, www.debbiecharbonneau.ca
AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Light-touch soft tissue and nervous system therapy. Targets dysfunction and honours body’s own intelligence for healing. Also decreases depression, anxiety, stress. Increases range of motion, longevity, quality of life.
ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC Cranio-sacral therapy (Upledger) and body-mind healing from life’s mishaps. CALM. RELAXED. CENTERED. Assists the body’s natural healing intelligence and optimal restoration of immune and nervous system functions for many conditions. Downtown area. 613-295-9987 www.spiritwell.ca
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com.
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING – Full-time Crystal Shamanic Healing Practice: Crystal Healing, Soul Retrieval, Entity Extraction, Ancestral Healing, Space Clearing ▪ 2-year Certification Training Program in Crystal Shamanism ▪ Crystal Workshops ▪ Sacred Travel ▪ Crystal Store: Geodes, Crystals, Jewelry, Books, Shamanic Supplies. Karen Osborne: www.ascensionhealing.ca, 613798-2828 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dance DANCES OF UNIVERSAL PEACE: Join us in simple, meditative multi-cultural circle dances that use sacred phrases from the many sacred traditions of the earth to touch the spiritual essence within ourselves and others. For more information call 613-594-9248, checkour schedule at www.marleneandbob. com or email email@example.com BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com PEACOCK DYNASTY DANCE STUDIO: Specializing in Bollywood, Indian Classical Dance Style-Bharata Natyam, Indian Folk, & Persian/Bollywood Fusion. Please contact Sem at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-286-6484 or visit www.peacockdynasty.com
SACRED CIRCLE DANCE. Experience joy in movement, well-being, and harmony with others. No dance experience required for this fun, accessible exploration and practice of unity and alignment. Ottawa Circle: Barbara (613) 225- 3253 email@example.com. Aylmer Circle: Jen (819) 682-1434 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dementia AN ALTERNATIVE, UNCONVENTIONAL, AND HOLISTIC approach to Memory Loss. Mark Andrews 613-257-0003 www.karmaiskarma.com
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362 ION CLEANSE” Foot Bath Detox, fast, easy, effective way to detox the body in 30 min. Also offering “CHI MACHINE and FAR INFRARED DOMES’ sessions. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna-Foley 613-842-3337 firstname.lastname@example.org OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com IONCLEANSE™ FOOT BATH with full nutritional support for the ongoing process of detoxing. Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613)272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260 LEARN THE ART OF DOWSING using various tools and techniques. Individual and group classes. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Doula DEATH DOULA and End-of-Life Shaman, Oneon-one consultations, workshops, mediumship.
• Ear Candling EAR CANDLING - HYGIENIC. Fireresistant head cover. Riverside Health Centre. Dina (613) 526-1255.• Eco-Friendly
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE AND EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE to release blocks and empower you to step into your magnificence. Catherine McLenaghan, certified Donna Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. Call 613-730-0411. Private sessions and ongoing classes.www.energywellspring.com
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique EMOTIONAL, MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL PAIN AND STRESS can lead to physical pain and illness. Life is too short to live with pain of any kind! EFT is an important tool in getting rid of pain - and also in removing the negativity that blocks you from manifesting and attracting the positive and allowing for fullness of self and your divine plan. Tap into emotional freedom - try it on EVERYTHING! Diane Lanthier (613) 2978293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy ENERGY TRANSFORMATIONAL FACILITATOR The Art of Neutrality - sessions available by phone, distance or in person Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858 EXPLORE THE USE OF ARCHETYPAL ENERGY FREQUENCIES to
clear-change-enhance patterns-take action rather than reaction. Nancy 613-596-0260
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. MARTIN DESLAURIERS – Physical and emotional healing. From injuries to chronic diseases, pain, burnout, grief. Grounding and self-healing group sessions. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com QUANTUM HEALING -Past Life Regression; Any health issue, Any Question -Dolores Cannon Hypnotherapy Method - Contact Nancy McColl 613-237-4904 email: email@example.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified HEALING FROM WITHIN. Energywork and Bodywork through Inner Knowing. Contact Jim Holland at 613-824-1181 THREELIGHTS HEALING INC Experience the amazing healing benefits of integrating your Healing Sessions with messages from your Angels. Private treatments & Classes/ Workshops for all levels. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Jurlique Organic Skin Care. Gayle Mickelson 613.422.5701
• Feng Shui BALANCE - HARMONY - ENERGY Enhancing spaces that transform your life. Registered Interior Designer and Certified Feng Shui Consultant. Specializing in Space and Clutter Clearing, Space Planning, Design and Decoration, Colour and Light, Renovation and Construction. Pamela Burns, ARIDO, IDC, Reiki Master (613) 741-4055
CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-5651919 abundantlivingbydesign.com FENG SHUI OTTAWA. Maggie Huang, Feng Shui Master practitioner and Consultant, have been providing professional consultations for homes and businesses since 2001, with a proven track record of success. She also offers workshops at East Wind in Westboro in the 4th Saturday of each month. Maggie has studied under Lillian Too, the world’s foremost Feng Shui Master from Asia. She applies her expertise using a combination of traditional and contemporary technique, practical on uplifting and envisioning your life. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit 361 Richmond Rd. 613 729-8813. www.eastwindottawa.ca
• Feng Shui Workshops PRACTITIONER/FACILITATOR LINDA THERRIEN from Life Health Healing Center provides two workshops. Introduction to Feng Shui with compass and Advanced Feng Shui with crystals both include certificates. Let Feng Shui in your home and in your life help you achieve Harmony, Abundance, Happiness and more. Workshops are held on the third Saturday or Sunday of each month from 1pm to 5pm. Pre-registration required. Linda is the founder and teacher of Dimensional Meditation with crystals. Call: 613-824-4548 or visit www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Family Planning FAMILY PLANNING CONSULTING using the highly successful Lunar Phase Method. One time fee of $100.00 includes personalized profile and follow up. Nancy at 613-324-4458 or fertility-wheel @hotmail.com. “WOMEN UTILIZING MIND/BODY TECHNIQUES such as hypnosis have a 42 –55% increased rates of conception” Engage the power of your subconscious mind to enhance fertility with hypnotherapy. Visit: www.empowerhypnosis.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can support you through all phases of life. Gentle release of blocks and patterns, healing of old wounds, assistance with acute or chronic issues. Californian, Pacific and Bach essences. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custom-made foot orthotics. Conveniently
located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at dr.gauthier@ sympatico.ca or www.spineandfoot.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hadoscan HADOSCAN Sessions available by phone, distance or in person Contact Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healing From The Core AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, email@example.com, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Tools for whole body presencing, pain and trauma releasing.
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Health Kinesiology www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362. Treat causes, not symptoms
• HeartMath® 1:1 Coaching BREATHE THROUGH THE HEART AND STOP REACTING UNCONSCIOUSLY. Self Regulation, Energy Management, Optimal Performance. Contact Robbin Zrudlo at firstname.lastname@example.org. www.healandevolve.ca
• Herbalism ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-6121181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Herbs JUDY’S ORGANIC HERBS Canada’s favourite source for medicinal herbs & health items. Huge
selection of highest-quality organic bulk herbs including Premium Herbs from our gardens, vibrant tinctures, oils & vinegars, custom formulas, Ayurvedic herbs, Best-Tasting Krispy Kelp, DEET-Free Insect Repellent, Poison Ivy Remedy, fresh Ginseng, Vita-Mix, LiteBook, Chi Machine, Far Infrared Hot House, large selection of books & more. Mailed to your home or office. Free e-newsletter. Consultations available by appointment. www.earthmedicine.ca 613-832-8241 613-832-8241
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www.nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328
• Hotstone Healing www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362 JOIN HOT STONE ENERGY THERAPIST and Reiki Master Pauline Brown A.N.N. member for the utmost in healing, relaxation, and a wonderful state of well-being. $75.00 for 90 minute session. Call: 819-684-7885 or visit: www.healinghandswithpauline.ca. Receipts provided and gift certificates available
• Hypnotherapy WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE? Holistic hypnosis guides you to your unique solutions and a better life! Priscilla Corcoran, www.radiantchanges.com 613-859-3902 AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Tollfree 1-888-390-3553 email@example.com RID YOURSELF OF OLD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS. Hypnosis and HypnoAcupuncture. SLEEP despite your partner’s snoring thanks to hypnosis. Weight loss, Drug,
Smoking, Sex, Food and Gambling addictions. Age regression to correct decades old influences. Hypnosis by Judy Spence (CH), National Guild of Hypnotists-certified. Ottawa 613-7282579 OR Gatineau: 819-661-1061. 1st session: $100. Subsequent $80. Insurance receipts. www.naetottawa.com MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-2056670 www.martinebrisson.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com MOIRA HUTCHISON CTACC DHP Acc. Hyp.: With a blend of Hypnotherapy and Coaching, the focus is placed upon what YOU want and together we make it happen in the right way for you (613) 432-1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www. ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks...Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - firstname.lastname@example.org www.kaivalya.ca
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com
Experience the rejuvenating power of REIKI & INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE (IHM) with Juane, Reiki Master and IHM Certified Practitioner Available Thurs., Fri. & Sat. at Classy Nails & Spa Inc., 260 Centrum Boulevard. 613-834-9922 $50/60 minutes, $30/30 minutes. KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.saltpuddleyoga.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Life Coach THREELIGHTS HEALING INC I am a Certified Intuitive Life Coach/Usui Reiki Master-Teacher/Magnified Healer/Certified Angel Therapy Practitioner/Clairvoyant Medium. Take control of your Life now. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Psychic Readings LINDA THERRIEN World Known Medium Clairvoyant. Using Crystals, Chinese Astrology and Channeling Cards, my Readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and Spiritual Healing. I am accurate, dependable and gifted. I am Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, Past Life Regression Channeling Facilitator and a Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner. (613824-4548) www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca MOIRA HUTCHISON CTACC DHP Acc. Hyp.: Connect to your Higher Self and your Inner Wisdom. For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. On-line, by phone and in person (613) 432-1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com INTUITIVE COUNSELING, Reiki Training and Energy Therapies are accessible through practitioner and authour Cheryl Jiala Driskell. Please view my site for testimonials and details. Hope to see you soon. www.intuitivelight.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 KERRY PALFRAMAN RN specializes in a unique intuitive modality, which offers both healing and profound personal insight into the vast depths of your Being. Session recorded on mp3. www.indigowisdom.ca
• Iridology LANE JENSEN is a certified Iridologist and a certified Nutritional/Herbal counselor. Trained in (ERT) Emotional Reflex Technique Assessment, an advanced form of Muscle Testing for Emotional and Nutritional support. For more information and consulting call (613)424-1647 or (613)-406-8798 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.transitionalhealth.ca will be coming soon!
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756. EVELYNE LEMIEUX-NAULT, Accredited Journey Practitioner/Visionary Leadership Coach. Address the root cause of emotional and physical issues. Open to the wisdom, freedom and love within yourself. English and French. 613-824-3368. email@example.com
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Kinesiology CHECK Health Kinesiology / Rica Gerhardt T. M. (THOME-us MARTee) TEGTMEYER. Instructor: Touch For Health,® Brain Gym®, “Beyond Belief Synthesis”, “Ultimate Efficiency”, other. Phone: 613.769.5575
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca ARCHETYPAL DOUBLE ENERGY LABYRINTH learn the process of constructing two and three dimensional double labyrinths, benefits and processes to utilize the emanating energy. Contact Nancy 613596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Life-Cycle Celebrant CERTIFIED LIFE-CYCLE CELEBRANT and trained labyrinth facilitator available for funerals, life event celebrations,memorials, anniversaries, naming ceremonies, special birthdays, pet funerals, pregnancies and other life events. Visit www.thresholds. weebly.com or call Patti at 613-253-3099.
• LifeLine Technique MASTERY UNLIMITED The LifeLine Technique™ offers you the opportunity to view symptoms of Pain, Fear, and Challenges as gifts for self-healing using the power of Infinite Love and Gratitude. To learn more visit: www.masteryunlimited.ca and call Graham Wiseman: 819-483-0667 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Judy MacLeod: 613-8507780 email: email@example.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427
• Massage Therapy LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS Effective treatment of many chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM RN. 613-7282579 www.naetottawa.com CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca JENNIFER PRESLEY, RMT. Massage Therapy, Craniosacral, Reiki lll, Shamanic energy work. Vibrant Health Massage, 190 Somerset St W (at Elgin), Suite 208. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-237-4400 www.vibranthealthmassage.ca NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca
VODDER METHOD. Effective treatment for acute & chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM, RN. 613-728-2579 www.naetottawa.com
RIDEAU MASSAGE THERAPY - Feeling stress, pain,or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Free Parking. 418 Rideau St. 613-241-3434. More info at www.lorirmt.ca or contact Lori at email@example.com
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Lymph drainage (Vodder), Reflexology, Shiatsu, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
LYMPH DRAINAGE, MASSAGE. Detoxify body. Reduce cellulite, edema. Effective for fibromyalgia. Dina (613) 526-1255.
KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com
• Massage BODY MASSAGE & Manual Lymph Drainage. Reiki. Insurance coverage available. Riverside Health Centre. Dina (613) 526-1255. Also in Valdes-Monts, Québec.
RE - SELF - ING, a Journey to Wholeness, orthotherapie, swedish massage, reiki. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna 613842-3337 firstname.lastname@example.org YONG KAI, RMT, Registered Massage Therapist. Stress & Tension, Back & Neck Pain, Stress & Tension, Muscle Strains, Headaches & Migraines, Sciatica, Tendonitis, Sport Injuries
(613) 435-6988, cell (613) 852-4852. Insurance Accepted. email@example.com MAITLAND MASSAGE THERAPY: a healing company.Online booking. www.MaitlandMassage. ca Free parking. Melanie Ransom, RMT, BHSc. 878 Maitland Ave. 613-722-6423 RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com
• Matrix Energetics MATRIX ENERGETICS - Facilitator in the Art of Transformation Certified Practitioner since 2007 sessions available by phone, distance or in person Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www. VisionofSpirit.com. Medical Intuitive, Medium, Spiritual and Emotional Counsellor. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Colour healing. Teaches intuitition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary, environment or inherent factors that may endure. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-725-1328 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Tantra Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations given by Chris Simmonds including, chakra awareness, and Sahaj Meditation techniques in the Tantra tradition. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613730-2622 or email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. DYNAMIC MEDITATION. Learn the lifechanging techniques of deep mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace and wellbeing. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion, development of chakras. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org. THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. email@example.com 1 800 226 4428 GROUNDING AND SELF-HEALING group sessions. Emotion integration and transmutation. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com
A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org LEARN TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES that will enhance your growth and development in a harmonious and supportive environment to bring the meditative process into daily living. Individual and group classes-daytime/evening. ISUL method. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 email@example.com WEEKLY MEDITATION Meditation on Twin Hearts: every Wednesday, 7pm: 5 Blackburn (Blackburn & Laurier, Sandy Hill). Join us for this beautiful guided healing meditation. No experience necessary, held on donation. Come every week, or come when you can. RSVP with Faye Healey: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://pranaworld.net/twin-hearts-campaign SAHAJA YOGA MEDITATION. Awaken your Kundalini energy to balance you, connect you to cosmic consciousness, and bring about your spiritual rebirth. Visit us at freemeditation. com or sahajayoga.ca. Saturdays 3:00 pm Ottawa Public Library 120 Metcalfe (FREE)
• Meditation on CD JENNIFER BERNIUS guides you through 5 soothing and inspiring meditations to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. This CD, Into the Silence, with gorgeous musical accompaniment, will revitalize your daily meditation practice, helping to open your chakras and awakening you to the healing power of light. Cost: $20. 613-721-3787; email@example.com
• Mentoring Program FOR OVER 20 YEARS KERRY PALFRAMAN has been a spiritual teacher and healer. This program offers you her personal support and guidance in any area of your choosing. Empowering you towards you your next level of mastery. www.indigowisdom.ca
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 BARBARA WATERFALL, MSW, Ph.D., Reiki Master -- Find your voice and take your place in the Universe, through Drumming and Healing Circles, Rituals, Advanced gTummo (Sacred Fire) Blessings, and Meditations with Crystal Bowls. (613) 523-5367 email@example.com DEEP SOUL ENERGETICS – Deep core
healing using sound, improvisation, creative visualization, DNA activation & energy healing. Connect with Archangels and Ascended Masters. Pamela Holm MTA. 613-820-1556 www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• N.A.E.T. ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-661-1061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 300 Preston St. 613-728-9100, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. email@example.com; 613-842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. DILEEP KORAH, BSc, BEd, ND. Classical osteopathy. Naturally treating the cause of pain and imbalance in order to re-establish optimal health. 200-2211 Riverside Dr. 613-521-5355
• Past Life and Spiritual Journeys ALLAN GREEN, Master Past Life and Spiritual Journey Facilitator since 1982; Allan sees what you see & feels what you feel. Eliminate Fears, Blockages, Pain from Past Life wounds. Find your Mission/Purpose, Meet Spirit Guides. Talk with People crossed over. Clear up people issues, that holds you back. www.allangreen.ca firstname.lastname@example.org 1-877-213-7576.
• Pranic Healing NO-TOUCH HEALING that works on the energy body (the blueprint of the physical body). Treats physical injuries & diseases, emotional, & mental ailments. (Broken bones, migraines, poor vision, liver disease, muscle pain, general fatigue, stress, anger, PTSD, neurological disorders, etc. as well as blocks to career, relationships, & financial success, and for maintenance of good health. The list is endless.) Email or call Faye Healey to book a session: email@example.com, 613282-0801. Visit pranichealingontario.ca
• Qigong LAMAS QI GONG Association offers Qi Gong and Tai Chi courses at various locations in Ottawa. The classes are taught by Master Philip Lai (a certified naturopath therapist who has 30 years of experience teaching Qi Gong, Kung Fu and traditional Chinese medicine) and associates. Qi Gong helps to reduce your stress, control pain and allergies, strengthen your self-healing ability and increase your energy level. Training to become a certified instructor and private consultations with Master Lai are also available. For more information, contact Catherine at 613-737-0553 or visit www.lamasqigongcanada.com CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:15-10:45am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@ gmail.com
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes:
Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Raw Foods & Hemp EAT RAW, CREATE HEALTH. Share Raw, Create Wealth! Try our hemp Pulse, 26 raw and clean whole foods in one sacred geometry, tasty treat! www.healthy-income.ca
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. patriciavlacroix@ sympatico.ca Visit: www.TheReconnection. com JACKIE LOGSDAIL, RECONNECTIVE HEALING PRACTIONER, and Reconnection™. Allow the universe to give you an energy healing through the mind, body or spirit. For an appointment or information call 613-440-1204 or email, email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY - the healing touch providing holistic reflexology to clients for over 13 years. Home-based practice in Orleans. Hospital, retirement & nursing home visits provided. RAC certified reflexologist, RN, SCM, MA, CCRP. For more information contact valerie cronin at 613 837 9435 firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613255-7934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology, Shiatsu, Lymph drainage, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca DEB DESJARDINS 613-435-2100. Homebased in Kanata. angelwingreflexology.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology. ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com ENJOY AN HOUR of head, feet & hands reflexology. Great for stress, relaxation and general
well-being. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.saltpuddleyoga.com, 613.897.9642
• Reiki DINA. Usui Reiki Master. Harmonize body. mind and emotional system. Bring peace of mind. Sessions and training for all levels. Riverside Health Centre. 613-526-1255. LIFE HEALTH HEALING CENTER Linda Therrien, Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master/ Teacher. Weekly classes and treatment sessions. Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, weekly private classes. Call: 613-824-4548 www.lifehealthhealing.com VISION REIKI- CATHERINE BASTEDO Holographic-Usui Reiki Master. Personalized Reiki classes in English or French; individual sessions, daytime/week ends. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. Call 819-778-2590 firstname.lastname@example.org RAINBOW OASIS: Usiu Master / Teacher / Practitioner. Experience the natural healing, relaxing and balancing effect of Reiki Energy. For personalized sessions, contact Dianne at email@example.com or call 613-733-9481 MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master/ Teacher. USUI system of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Spiritual and Emotional Counsellor. Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life Information. Colour healing. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com iHEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org VERA & PESI SHROFF TRADITIONAL USUI Reiki Master/Teachers, are committed to selfempower individuals who commit themselves to healing & personal growth. They offer Reiki Treatments and Reiki Level I & II courses & Reiki Masters. Reiki is used for: Pain, Stress & Chronic Medical Condition Management, Anti-aging & Health maintenance, Improving Immunity, Increasing Vitality to bring Peace, harmony, balance, love, joy in one’s life. Reiki Exchange Healing Group every Thursday 7:00 p.m. Contact: Vera or Pesi at (613) 8290224 or email: email@example.com
BRING BALANCE BACK INTO YOUR LIFE. Melt away stress. Nurture your soul. Reiki is an ancient alternative therapy used in the treatment of many conditions. Reiki will balance the chakras and eliminate blockages to help you reach the road to full health. Call today and begin the journey to healing. Elsy David, RP, IARP tel: 613-798-6865 or www.samsarareiki.com
Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org
UNIVERSAL LIFE FORCE-MASTER REIKI CLASSES 3 in 1 based on the Usui Method. New and all levels welcome...individual and small classes. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com ANNA GREEN, MA - SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – www.spiritwell.ca - 613-729-2775. Bodycentered Process Work, Spiritual Care, Reiki & Training, Chakras, Aromatherapy, Bach Remedies, Muscle testing, SET, EFT, Meridians/ Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime - Civic Hospital Area. REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEB DESJARDINS 613-435-2100. Homebased in Kanata. angelwingreflexology.ca FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. KIM SWAN, Reiki Master Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & doTerra Product Consultant. www.filosofi.ca, email@example.com, 613 225-1127 KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.saltpuddleyoga.com HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC – SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease,
MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com BEAUTIFUL LOG CABIN by a pond in a wooded area, private, ideal for retreat or peaceful getaway. Located near Killaloe, close to Algonquin Park. For rent all seasons call 613625-2200. www.lindenpondcottage.com ALLAN & CATHERINE GREEN Personal customized Up-levelling Retreats for people using our services, on the Canadian Shield in OMPAH, 45 minutes North West of Perth. www.allangreen.ca www.catherinegreen. net www.crystalearthhealingspa.com 613479-0299 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
• Rolfing JULIA BERG, Certified Rolfer and Rolf Movement Practitioner. 69 Holland Avenue, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 0X9. (c) 613-894-3663.
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Schools THE 8TH FIRE - School for professional training and development in the Algonquin Healing Arts of Shamanism, Spiritual Healing, and Energy Medicine. Two-year professional training program and certification offered, among the most comprehensive Shamanic Training programs in the world, taught by a Traditional Algonquin Medicine Person. Many teachings are unique and exclusive to this training alone. Phone 613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com for more info.
• Shamanism (Traditional & Authentic) ALGONQUIN MEDICINE MAN - Spiritual Healing & Energy Medicine, offering a comprehensive listing of services and ceremonies to help facilitate healings on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. Traditionally trained Algonquin Healer available at (613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com.
TIM YEARINGTON NATIVE TEACHINGS Algonquin Traditional Knowledge: Medicine Wheel teachings, Thunderbird medicine, Serpent medicine, Seven Grandfather teachings, Manitous & Animal totems, Fire Bird healing ceremonies, Sacred Fire ceremonies, spiritual counseling, personal medicine work & training, guided medicine walks in nature & wilderenss vision quests. Also public speaking & storytelling. firstname.lastname@example.org 613725-5225 www.timyearington.com
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING – Full-time Crystal Shamanic Healing Practice: Crystal Healing, Soul Retrieval, Entity Extraction, Ancestral Healing, Space Clearing ▪ 2-year Certification Training Program in Crystal Shamanism ▪ Crystal Workshops ▪ Sacred Travel ▪ Crystal Store: Geodes, Crystals, Jewelry, Books, Shamanic Supplies. Karen Osborne: www.ascensionhealing.ca, 613798-2828 email@example.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu, Reflexology, Lymph drainage, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 HOLISTIC ESTHETICIAN provide organic skin care product that purifie the skin - incorage skin self regulate. 613-526-1255.
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/ group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556.
• Spa Days www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. with Rev. Nicole Moronval, President and Founder,
Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill ave. N. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices., reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. email@example.com 613-820-8850. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM CODEPENDENCE. Your guide and spiritual counsellor, Deanna Rutherford, invites you to call for a consultation – 613-829-9102
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA OHLMAN, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, email@example.com, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850
• Tai Chi WEEKLY TAI CHI (Yang style) classes at PranaShanti (PS) Yoga Centre. Every Tuesday night from 7:30-9pm. Suited for both beginner and intermediate practitioners. For more info call Jürgen Portz at 613-7217888 or PS at 613-761-9642.
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, email@example.com TAROT READINGS with DAVID CLOUDS. If you’re looking for a Reading, it’s a good indication that you would benefit from having one. I no longer . Read at Oh So Good Cafe but have moved to a home practice & house calls. Please visit my website, davidclouds.com, or ring 613 619 5977 TAROT INTERPRETATION BY SUZANNE DUC. Private consultation and party readings available. Home page at www.facebook.com/ sdtarot. Contact (613) 841-2597 or suzanne. firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
• Thai Massage LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St.613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at email@example.com or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation, effective pain relief, supports healing on any level. For acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will also treat animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNORecognized Practitioner, 613-820-4303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at email@example.com
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN, B.A., CST offers visceral manipulation sessions for adults, children and infants. She is a certified CranioSacral therapist and has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appointment. Tel. 613-738-9080 AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613697-5644. Receipts available. Gentle hands-on abdominal treatment dialogues with body’s proprioceptive awareness, facilitating physical and emotional trauma release. Improves structure and function. Complements conscious eating, exercise and supplementation for optimal health. BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Visionary Art SPIRITPAINTING® – using the Lightwolf method. Offering workshops, exhibitions, books, reproductions, and originals on paper and larger pieces on canvas. Commissioned spiritpaintings® and readings are also available. For more information contact: Jen 613266-8063 email@example.com or
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-236-5758.
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; email@example.com; www.revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Weight Management LOVE YOUR BODY WORKSHOP ~ discover the power of proven hypnosis techniques to easily re-pattern your thoughts, beliefs, habits about food, your body & yourself. Imagine what it would feel like to make friends with your body - forever. Visit: www.empowerhypnosis.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX.COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
DIRECTORY • Yoga MOUNTAINGOAT YOGA CENTRES serving Ottawa’ west end in Nepean and Kanata since 2003. Over 30 classes per week per location. Hot Power, Hatha, Yin, Prenatal, Restorative. Workshops and teacher trainings. www.mountaingoatyoga.com PRANASHANTI YOGA CENTRE. A full-service wellness centre in the Hintonburg area of Ottawa near the Parkdale Market minutes from downtown and numerous public transportation stops. In our custom designed eco-friendly 8,000-sq.ft centre, our dedicated team of teachers and therapists offer a wide variety of classes in 4 spacious studios and specially designed therapies in our Consultation spaces.
CLASSIFIEDS • For Rent Large, sunny master bdrm with private bath available for rent in spacious, quiet, scent-free, pet-free, smoke-free home in South Keys. Shared use of entire home including room for relaxation, etc. To share with 2 health-conscious women, late 40’s, (one is away half of each wk), need to live in a chemical-free environment (no perfumes or fragrances). Available Sept. 1. $685- Incl. One year min. Pls call Marie at #613.699.8656 if interested. we have a Unique opportunity for both office and personal space for rent in Carleton Place. Well established massage and acupuncture clinic (20 years) in excellent location with a 2 bedroom apt. available. We are looking for a health conscious individual(s) to share space in our building. Clinic space can be rented separately if desired. Available September 1st. 613-253-3456 OFFICE SPACE FOR RENT IN KANATA. $550/month for 14’ x 12’ and $450/month for a slightly smaller office. 613-254-7310
• Weight loss products... Get Slim! Get Healthy! www.PGDSystem.com Call 613-880-6505 for info.
• Looking for... WANTED: RMT, At an established (1998) Natural Health Centre. Very reasonable rates and great co-workers Please call Denise: 613-913-2803 OFFICE SPACE AVAILABLE in Riverside Health Centre. Excellent rate and wonderful co-workers. Located at Bank & Riverside. Dina 613-526-1255 for more info.
Our soothing atmosphere and inspiring setting will help you cultivate a deep inner state of body centered restful awareness that will benefit every aspect of your life. Our spa-like change rooms with ample showers, Infrared Sauna and full service boutique further support your healthy lifestyle. Open 7 days/week, 80+ classes/week. Workshops, teacher training programs, concerts and events offered throughout the year. 100+ free parking spaces, complimentary tea served all day. Relax, take your time, leave feeling renewed. Drop in for a visit! 613.761.9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE. www.ottawayoga.com/ 342 Gladstone Ave 613.234.7974.We have been providing yoga classes in a beautiful and nurturing environment since 1994. Choose from over 100 drop-in classes per week, plus several weekly workshops and a diversity of yoga teacher training opportunities. Practice the following styles of yoga: Ashtanga, Baptiste, Baby & Mom, Bikram, Hatha, Hot, Kripalu, Kundalini, Power, Prenatal, Sivananda, Therapeutic, Vinyasa Flow, Yin, Yin/ Yang and Yoga Nidra. The Rama Lotus Yoga Centre is one of the largest studios in Canada. There are 4 spacious yoga rooms, and seven changing rooms for your comfort. Come relax and connect with others in our dedicated community space, and have a cup of complimentary tea. Our boutique offers a full line of yoga accessories, yoga clothing, related books, DVDs, CDs, meditation props, jewelry, snacks and other lifestyle items. We offer yoga with the intention of uplifting the global community. We invite you to become part of the Rama Lotus Yoga Centre! ADI SHAKTI YOGA CENTRE IN ORLÉANS/ OTTAWA EAST serving with gratitude since 2003. Director/Owner: Lise Ram Das Latulippe. Ottawa’s Home of KUNDALINI Yoga: humanity’s most ancient yoga. Beginners & Advanced classes of uplifting, fun & highly informative Kundalini Yoga taught by professionally certified teachers. Enjoy our healing ambiance, heavenly music, a cup of tea & community spirit. Private classes; Personalized Health-Longevity-Vitality Program; Yogic Numerology; Nutrition consultations; Reiki treatments & training; Vedic cooking classes; Yogic workshops; Annual Women’s Yoga Retreats; Concerts; Gong relaxation evenings; Pre-natal friendly yoga; Sunrise Kundalini Sadhana; Eng. & French classes; Books, CDs, DVDs, soaps, teas, mats, clothing. We are the Yoga gem of Ottawa East - Come Feel Great... One Breath at a Time! 1445-A Youville Drive, 2nd Fl., Orléans. www.AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com Call 613 824-9189
MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other props, DVDs, CDs. Complimentary tea after each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-304-6320, www.yogaandtea.com PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Zenith Omega CATHERINE GREEN, CANADIAN REGIONAL: Teacher/Facilitator Dissolve Emotional, Mental, Physical Blocks. Embrace Positive Change. DNA Upgrade Long Distance Available. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-479-0299 www.catherinegreen.net
SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca
n May 17th, 2011, Grandfather William Commanda smoked his last pipe. Four people were present: Larry McDermott of Plenty Canada, me and my then 10-year old daughter, Veronica, and Romola Trebilcock, Grandfather’s close friend and assistant. Grandfather’s years and kidney disease were catching up with him. He still didn’t look his ninety seven, but he was visibly in pain and, at times, as if in another dimension. After lighting the sage and spreading his sacred items for the ceremony, Grandfather began to assemble his pipe. This pipe was a wonder in itself. The bowl was made of red pipestone, carved by a gifted artisan into an eagle’s head. “You see”, Grandfather told me once, pointing at his pipe bowl, “the male eagle may think he is the boss and all, but he is nothing without a female eagle. She is a true boss”. I never asked which eagle’s head was on Grandfather’s pipe, male or female, but I wonder now. For the last seven years, whenever Grandfather was in Ottawa, my children and I were faithfully present for his full moon pipe ceremonies. Sometimes, we were the only ones to share it with him and Romola, and sometimes, there were others to join us. Grandfather loved it when people gathered around, especially to share his pipe. His own stories were exchanged with others; Grandfather’s face would light up when he heard of other people’s journeys and their honest search for the sacred. All faiths were welcome. Grandfather’s sincere interest and respect for other people’s beliefs were remarkable. He, himself, having been through the Catholic Church in his early years, would occasionally sing to us in Latin. It was a presence I always felt when Grandfather smoked his pipe. I could almost see the long line of Grandfather’s ancestors, smoking their pipes on this ancient land before him. The unbroken line of prayers, moving through Grandfather’s pipe to all of us and into the future. “You have to be careful when you smoke the pipe”, Grandfather told us at his last pipe ceremony, “You can never use the pipe to do harm or wish anything bad. Your heart has to be pure, when you smoke it”, he touched his own heart, “or the pipe will come back to destroy you”. With these words, I believe, Grandfather warned us against focused malicious intent, but not against the usual pitfalls of our human nature, which we cannot help but have. Grandfather was always very tolerant of our human condition. He often said that Creator is very forgiving of us too. Sometimes a visitor would come, whom we thought disrespectful or even hostile towards
Grandfather, but Grandfather would still listen patiently, maybe, with a bit of humour but always with love. I asked him once, after one particularly difficult visitor, how can he still love someone like that, and Grandfather told me, “If I could change, and I was the worst drunk on my reserve, then he can change too”. “So”, I asked, “you see the potential in everyone then, right?” “Yes”, Grandfather said, “that’s right, in everyone.” Grandfather spoke to us often of his years of drinking. “Sometimes, I would wake up in the ditch and the rain water would be flowing through me. I taught my little brother to drink. We would come home to our parents passed out with the bottle between them. I tried the bottle first when I was eight.” Cancer followed his hard years of drinking and in his forties Grandfather was left by the doctors to die, as nothing they could do to save his life. “The pain was so great that I prayed to the Creator either to save me or to take me. If Creator was to save me, I promised to serve Him to the end of my days. I was on my knees and cried so hard that the floor under me was all wet. And the little bird came, sat on my window and sang such loud and beautiful song. I knew then that Creator heard me...” Grandfather was healed of his cancer by his wife and other medicine women and by a gifted healer, of whom Grandfather always spoke with greatest respect. “This healer told me, I would never have cancer again”, said Grandfather and to the end of his days he had been, indeed, cancer-free. Grandfather kept his promise to the Creator and on the first weekend of August, 1969, he held his first sacred gathering at his home grounds in Maniwaki. He hosted it every year since and towards the end of his life, this event would bring together thousands of people from all over the world. The spirit of Grandfather’s pipe would travel back to every corner of the globe. Grandfather believed that the greatest power is the power of prayer. We lost count how many people were helped when Grandfather smoked his pipe for them. Seemingly hopeless situations would resolve and lifethreatening illnesses would reverse. Grandfather would start every pipe ceremony with prayers to the four Elements and all Directions. “The Elements: Fire, Earth, Water and Air, don’t want to be worshiped, they want to be respected”, he taught me. After Elements and Directions, Mother Earth would be honoured by his pipe. “Our Earth is our mother, we don’t own our mother, she owns us. In spite of what we do to her, she is still taking good care of us.” Grandfather was deeply connected to everything living around him. Grandfather often spoke of the act of creation being reflected through the pipe. “The bowl is female and the
Lifestyle Change is What We Need
recently wrote an article asking the question, “What does health mean to you”? Most people just go day by day practicing habits they have grown up with, right or wrong never really making the connection between how they feel and what they eat. It’s not until they experience health related problems that they consider lifestyle changes. “If good health is the product of right living, sickness or ill health must be the result from wrong living.” Like causes, produce like effects all through nature. Could our family health history be a summation of our families’ dietary habits or traditions? As an Iridologist I see this as a common pattern in families. The problem is we don’t want to make the necessary changes that will change these genetic patterns. When we consider the dietary deterioration over the past 100 years through the industrial, chemical age, we can begin to understand why we have so much disease. Paul Bragg said, “If mankind would at once discard all refined, sprayed and unnatural foods, it would be the beginning of a race of people that would live long happy lives and be free of disease. Man lives today on a diet of too much dead food (cooked) and processed foods, too many protein foods such as meat, dairy, too much starch and sugary foods. He must make a complete turnaround if
stem is male, we join them together when we smoke the pipe.” Sacred union of male and female energies creates most profound magical mystery. According to Grandfather, that is what makes the pipe prayers so powerful. And so on that day in May, after saying his prayers to the Elements, all Directions, Mother Earth and Grandmother Moon, Grandfather suddenly began to speak to us with such urgency of the pipe, how to do the prayers, to honour everything living and how to do the ceremony itself, and I was flooded by the feeling that it would be Grandfather’s last pipe that he smoked in his lifetime. I don’t know how he knew it. He would pass on August 3rd, 2011, almost three months after our last pipe ceremony. And after he told us all he wanted about the pipe, he was silent for a long time and when I looked at him, I saw tears streaming, like a river, down his face. I never saw Grandfather cry before, and I remembered how during one of his gatherings a great rain suddenly broke, seemingly out of nowhere, right from the bright blue sky and Grandfather said to us then: “These are tears of the Ancestors, flowing down on us”. Written by Elena, email@example.com
he is to achieve real health before it is too late. He must change his diet to include all fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, no hydrogenated oils etc. Russell Cromwell said, “in every man’s life there is no battle more severe, and no victory more honorable, than when a man fights with himself and wins the victory. Victory over one’s self is the greatest feat in the world and surely he who cannot control himself, cannot control others.” This is where the problem of solving cancer begins, with all the temptations of unhealthy foods all around us on every corner. We decide when we want to live healthy without pain, but when we learn the rules, suddenly the whole idea of life changes seems so unjust when everyone else continues to eat all this other food we must now avoid. It’s worth the sacrifice especially for the future generations. Without health, what do we really have? We can’t enjoy life fully. A weakened unhealthy body is prone to disease, deterioration and death. It affects our minds, emotions, motivations and our sense of peace and unhappiness. An unhealthy mind is prone to psychological disorders, depression, anxiety etc. We begin to feel down on ourselves, gain weight, stop exercising and stop eating right. It becomes a vicious cycle. Crash diets are not the answer; we end up gaining the weight back not to mention they’re hard on our bodies. Lifestyle changes are just that, not trying a diet for a few weeks and retuning to our old habits. Overcoming our excuses and developing lifelong healthy habits is the only answer. See if any of these excuses fit: • I just don’t have time to follow a healthy program. • Eating healthy is just too expensive. • Life is too short; you’re going to die anyway. • What I don’t know won’t hurt me. • I might find out something bad about my health. • I just don’t have the will power to change my habits. • I don’t want to cause friction in the family or my social life. • I know lots of people who eat healthy and they’re sick. Do these sound familiar? Lane Jensen is a certified Iridologist and member of the International Iridology Practitioners Association. He is certified in Nutrition and Herbology and trained in (ERT) Emotional Reflex Technique Assessment, an advanced form of Muscle testing for Emotional and Nutritional support. For more information and consulting Call 613-424-1647 or 613-406-8798 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acupuncture and Traditional Blaise T.Ryan,R. TCMP, R.Acu Chinese Medicine (TCM) is Traditional Chinese Medicine now Regulated in Ontario.
Registered Member of the CTCMPAO - College of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Ontario
cupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) will never be the same in Ontario. Since April 2013, acupuncture and TCM is now regulated and can now only be practiced by licensed professionals. This is great news for those seeking treatment, because until recently anyone could offer acupuncture services with little or no training. This also means greater insurance coverage for those seeking acupuncture and TCM treatments. So if you have insurance coverage, you should check in with your provider to see if you now have increased coverage for these effective health therapies because of the new regulations. With a history of 3,000 years, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has developed a unique system to diagnose and cure illness. The TCM approach is fundamentally different from that of Western medicine. In TCM, the understanding of the human body is based on the holistic understanding of the body and it’s relationship to the universe as described by the ancient Taoists. The treatment of illness is based primarily on the diagnosis and differentiation of syndromes and patterns. The TCM approach treats the internal organs as the core of the human body. Tissue and organs are connected through a network of meridian channels and blood vessels inside human body. Qi (or Chi) is often described as ‘energy’, yet it’s much more complex than that in the science of TCM. Qi (or Chi) also carries information through the meridians to connect the outside of the body with the internal organs. For example, a rash may appear on the skin caused by a dysfunction in the internal organs. It is through the understanding of these meridian channels that an acupuncturist is able to insert needles into the hands and feet which affect the internal organ health and bring relief to health problems. TCM treatment starts with the evaluation of the entire system, and then focuses on the correction of pathological changes through balancing the functions of the internal organs. The TCM evaluation not only includes the cause, location, and nature of the disease, but also encompasses the balance between the pathogenic influence and the body’s resistance. Treatment is not based only on the symptoms, but differentiation of syndromes and patterns. Therefore, those with an identical disease may be treated in different ways, and conversely, different diseases may result in the same pattern and are treated in similar ways. The clinical diagnosis and treatment in TCM are mainly based on the Yin-Yang and Five Element Theory. These theories apply the phenomena and laws
Classical Acupuncture Herbal Formulas Cleansing & Detox 5 Element Organ Diagnosis Village Clinic, Westboro Qigong & Tai-Chi 361 Churchill Ave.N. Ottawa Book online:
Call for appointment:
of nature to the study of the physiological activities and pathological changes of the human body. TCM therapies include acupuncture, herbal medicine, dietary guidance, Tuina massage therapy and Qigong exercises. These therapies appear very different in approach yet when performed by a Registered TCM Practitioner (R. TCMP) they all share the same underlying sets of assumptions and insights in the nature of the human body and its place in the universe. Remember, never get acupuncture from anyone who is not licensed and registered, because they may not have the adequate training to deliver a safe or effective treatment. Registered professionals will have “R.TCMP” or “R.Acu” next to their name to indicate that they are licensed. The College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario is the legislated body that oversees the regulation and licensing of this profession. You can check their website at www.ctcmpao.on.ca to see who is registered in your area. Blaise T. Ryan, R.TCMP, R. Acu, has over 10 years of experience in practicing TCM and Acupuncture. He currently practices at The Village Clinic in Westboro at 361 Churchill Ave. N. You can schedule an appointment with him through his website at www.DrBlaiseRyan.com or by calling 613-702-5377. He is bilingual and also teaches weekly Qigong and Tai-Chi classes (more details available on his website).
Laura’s Numerology News for October 2013 How to calculate your personal monthly number. Add the day of your birth to the month of your birth. Then you will add the number 7 to your number. NOTE – If your final number adds up to double digits, add the numbers together again, and again, if you have to, until you get a single number. If you still have trouble, email me at email@example.com
6. How deep is the knot in your forehead? It is all about change, and it is not always easy, is it? Your home and family life is high lighted in Oct. Are you moving? It’s a good time to buy or sell. 7. You need to take a big breath, and SLOW DOWN, this month. Relax, as you could be close to critical over-load. Try to focus on more solitary pursuits and disconnect from your family and career. You do not want the universe to slap you in the head do you?
8. The month of Oct. wants you to get your brain in gear and make important decisions, now. No more research is needed. Many in this influence will have 1. 1. You will be thrilled to know that most of the very an overwhelming desire to make changes in their trying circumstances of late will be in the final stages. career. You may still be feeling quit raw, so still take Force yourself to get motivated and get some new time for self-care. seeds in the ground. Stick with the ditching and purging of anything and anybody that has to go. 9. I know that you are so ready to get the shovel in the ground, but stand firm and do nothing except 2. There is much mind numbing detail for you to take get ready. This could mean the end of an illness or care of this month. Try to remain calm and patient or just some trying times. Get your resume ready and you will be a nerve ending by the end of the month. prepare yourself for a new business opportunity next Hang on to your money for the moment. month. 3. Is everyone in your life sucking the life out of you? It is time for radical changes and the focus has to be self healing this month. Make an effort to let go of past worries and force your mind to be more optimistic about the future. It looks brighter to me. 4. Did you factor in some fun or healing work this summer? I hope so, because it is all about rebuilding and work, now. It is time to focus on any of the foundations that collapsed in the last few years and make them strong again. Suck it up and get busy. 5. “When the heck is this year going to be over”….right? This is a tough one, for sure, and runs a whacky course all the way to Dec. You will experience change, and perhaps a lightening of your heavy load, now, but it will still be a slug. Keep your chin up.
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist and core belief modification coach. She is located in Ottawa, but can conduct phone or skype consultations anywhere. For personal consultations please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-725-7232.
What can Numerology do for you? Numerology is a study of numbers. There is evidence that numerology was in use thousands of years ago in China, Greece and Egypt even before the time of Pythagoras, who is generally accepted as the "father" of numerology. Why is numerology still in use and of interest to so many? It is because it works, that is why. • Are you currently at a major cross-road in your life? Should you make a decision or move forward now or wait? • Numerology can help you uncover hidden talents and turn them into a career. • An analysis of partners, children, friends or co-workers can help you deal with them more efficiently. • Numerology can help you heal from past issues and move on. • Help you understand how you can use the current year, month and day for its best influence. • Be more aware of your own areas of weakness and learn how to turn them into strengths. Stop repeating history once and for all. Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist/life coach living in Ottawa. She has written “Laura’s numerology News” in Tone Magazine for over 8 years. To book an appointment or receive Laura’s monthly newsletter please email L.BAIRD@ISTAR.CA or call 613-725-7232
Healing with Past Life Regression
by Trevour Strudwick he majority of the world’s population believe in reincarnation. Buddhism, Hinduism, Neo-Platonism, and Qaballah all teach reincarnation in an effort to answer the eternal question ‘why are we here?’ You might be interested to learn that reincarnation was a tenant of Christianity until 545AD when it was decreed a heresy by the Roman Emperor Justinian - not a Father of the Church. More recently, the Chinese Government has passed a bill barring Tibetan Monks from reincarnating, presumably to gain control over who the next Dali Lama will be. It appears that the abolition or restriction of reincarnation is motivated by political reasons and not spiritual principles. The belief that the soul is eternal and travels through multiple incarnations in order to achieve purification, wisdom and experience speaks to us on the deepest level. Many mainstream psychologists who had no previous belief or experience with reincarnation have recorded Past Life phenomena with their clients. In documenting these sessions they also note that various conditions, pain and phobias spontaneously cleared up immediately following the Past Life memory. As investigation continues to develop, the experience of Past Life Regression is being used more and more to explain the unexplainable and bring deeper insight to our personal spiritual experience. Injuries sustained at one point on the timeline can be carried forward and the theory that a karmic debt incurred in a previous life will continue to follow you until balance is restored is central to the belief in reincarnation. Are you being compelled by ancient memories or atoning for wrongs done many lifetimes ago? These questions can only be answered by individual experience along the path of self-discovery. Trevour Strudwick has been using Past Life Regression professionally since 1988 and will be teaching a certification program this fall at Planet Botanix. 613-256-8394 to register.
Certification Programs this Fall @Planet Botanix – 301 Bank Street For info & registration 613-256-8394 info@InsightStudioCanada.com
Past Life Regression Practitioner
Saturdays 1-4pm, Oct 12th – Nov 2nd Class size limited to 6 participants Early registration by October 1st $495+hst - After October 1st $649+hst This is the only program of its kind in the world. Intensive training using Past Life Regression as a therapeutic healing modality for those issues which seem resistant and even unresolvable using more conventional techniques. Several methods to facilitate Past Life Regression; Life between lives; Healing past memories and trauma; Downloading important skills and knowledge from parallel lives; Discovering the soul contract for this life; How to work with The Lords of Karma to make profound changes through the timeline and much more.
Level 1 Reiki Practitioner
2 – ½ days, Sundays 1-5pm, October 20th & 27th Class size limited to 6 participants $225+hst by October 10th; $275+hst after October 10th Learn Usui Tibetan Reiki as well as non-traditional Reiki methods to heal yourself and others. This is the first step on an ever expanding world of healing and spiritual development. Level 1 Reiki is ideal for anyone interested in learning more about energy work, how it works, and the many spiritual and healing benefits.
Level 1 Tarot Certification
6 weeks, Saturdays 4-6pm, Nov 2nd – Dec 7th $249+hst – includes THOTH Tarot Deck. Registration deadline Oct 26th A True History of the Tarot and the error that has been passed down for centuries; The different superstitions regarding Tarot and why they are simply ridiculous; Colour Symbolism; Astrological Symbolism; Number Symbolism; How to read what you see; An indepth study of the different parts of the deck including the Major Arcanum, Minor Arcanum, 4 Suits and the Court Cards; How to open, close and clear for a reading; How to work with different Tarot Spreads.
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: How can we be joyful in spite of life’s difficulties? SRI CHINMOY: How can we be joyful? Give selflessly. We get joy not by coming forward before others, but by bringing others to the fore. Real joy is experienced by self-giving, not by possessing or showing our own supremacy. When we allow others to get joy first, we feel our joy is more complete and more perfect. We can have more joy and less tension in life only in self-giving, not in demanding. When there is tension, it is because we want something to be done in our own way. We become tense because we see light in one way and others see light in some other way. So there is no peace, no poise, only tension. Understand that God operates not only in us, but in others as well and in our so-called enemies too. But these are not our real enemies. Our real enemies are our doubts, fears, anxieties and worries. When instead of trying to perfect others we try to perfect ourselves, then we will have joy. If we do not expect anything from anyone, we will have joy. If we can know that we are not indispensable, that without us the world can go on perfectly well, we will have joy. This way, we can all have abundant joy in life. Nobody can be as happy as a person who is detached. When we are attached to something or someone, we become a victim of that thing or person. If we want to have true joy and peace, we must be totally detached. Detachment does not mean that we shall not work for the world—we will work for the world, be in the world, but we shall not allow ourselves to be carried away by anything. The outer sign of progress is inner joy. Inner joy is something very sweet and intense; it always fulfills
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
our thoughts and actions. There are two kinds of joy—outer joy and inner joy. We think that the possessor of outer joy is someone else, not ourselves. Again, we may try to get joy by talking or mixing with others. But inner joy is not got like this. When we meditate or contemplate, at that time we feel that we are the soul of joy. We get real joy from silent and profound meditation. In the outer life, when we talk and mix with people, or exchange ideas with others, we may get a kind of satisfaction. But this is not real joy. Real joy is something very deep, illumining and fulfilling. The joy we feel inside is like a fountain; it comes spontaneously. Inner joy has no fear and it can transform our nature. When the heart is open, you will feel boundless joy, boundless love and boundless purity. Then you will see joy in everything. A day will come when you will get spontaneous joy from everything. You will look at a flower and get joy, you will look at a child and get joy, and you will look at the world and get joy. You will also get peace and the feeling of universal oneness. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
s early as the New Stone Age in China, the primitive human beings found that pressing certain (acupuncture) points on the body using bian stones can cure some diseases and alleviate the pain on the body. Through long history development, stone needles were substituted by bamboos and metals. A system of channels and collaterals is created by categorizing those points. The fourteen channels including the twelve regular channels and Ren and Du channels are important theory of acupuncture. They integrate five zand organs (heart, lung, liver, kidney, and spleen), six fu organs (stomach, gallbladder, large intestine, small intestine, bladder, triple energizer). The channels also vertically and horizontally connect with limbs, muscles, tendons and bones of the body. The channels and collaterals are the pathways, where qi is carried throughout the body. Needling the acupuncture points on channels can transfer qi, restore and regulate the functions of qi and blood circulation. Take the Large Intestine Channel for example. The Large Intestine Channel starts from the tip of the index finger, through the interspace of the first and second metacarpal bone (hegu LI4), enters the lower gums, finally to the sides of the nose (Ying XiangLI20). This is why needling the Hegu (LI4 on hand) can alleviate toothache. In the similar manner, the points on the Lung Channel can be inserted to treat cough, asthma. Needling the points on the Stomach Channel (Zusanli S36) can be used to alleviate the stomach pain. The
Shi’s Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture & Tuina Clinic
M.D. in China, M.Sc. (Canada), R.TCMP and R.Ac (Ontario) 40 Years clinical experience • Disposable Needles Sciatica, Frozen shoulder, Whiplash, Tennis elbow, Arthritis, Migraine, Ulcerative colitis, Insomnia, Allergic rhinitis, Asthma, Hypertension, Diabetes, Gastritis, Chronic fatigue, Stroke, Facial Paralysis, Impotence, Menopausal Syndrome, Depression
207 Twyford St. (near Hunt Club), Ottawa, ON (613) 234-3767 www.ncf.ca/~ed656
points on the Gallbladder Channel can be selected to treat sciatica. The points on the Bladder Channel can be used to solve back pain, neck pain. And the points on the Three Yan Channels on upper limb can be used to treat frozen shoulder. Further studies of the basic Traditional Chinese Medicine include the theory of yin-yang, the five elements, zang-fu, channels and collaterals, qi, blood and body fluid, etiology, methods of diagnosis and differentiation of syndromes. Those studies will help an acupuncturist achieve better therapeutic results. More acupuncture articles can be found at http://web.ncf.ca/ed656. Please contact Jiling Shi at 613-234-3767 for any follow up questions.
A N X I E T Y I S MA N AG E A B L E
How to Help Children, Teens and Young Adults Cope With Anxiety
With Dr. James R. Bitter, International Speaker, Presenter, Author and Therapist, Professor, East Tennesee State University Do you want to help children, teenagers and young adults improve how they deal with stressors in their lives and manage their anxiety? Do you want to understand your reactions and choices when feeling anxious or uneasy about life? Discover how to: • Understand anxiety as a normal response to life’s stressors and challenges, • Assess the purpose of anxiety, so it can be used constructively to deal with daily demands and uncertainties, • To talk and listen more eﬀectively with others about their fears and concerns, • Use practical tools to cope with a variety of stressors which produce anxiety.
Monday, October 21, 2013 7:00pm – 9:00pm Clark Room – R.A. Center 2451 Riverside Dr, Ottawa, ON
Cost - $35 per person +HST Space is limited so register early by calling (613) 737-5553
Hypnosis for Fear of the Dentist by Dr Luke www.lukenosis.com
any people are afraid to go to the dentist. Whether they had a traumatic experience in the past or are simply not happy to visit this professional, the fact is, several people try to avoid visiting the dentist as much as possible. Many people do not know, however they can cure this fear of visiting the dentist. Many people never think of hypnosis as a solution; however this is a very good option for those who want to overcome such fear painlessly. For those who do not know fear of the dentist Ottawa hypnosis can help a person who is afraid of visiting the dentist overcome such fear. This will happen thanks to hypnosis sessions that will access a person’s mind and give it suggestions to see what the person wants to finally achieve. The trance state does not take people out of themselves, it is actually the other way around, trance helps the person find his inner desires and actually out them into practice. The fear of the dentist Ottawa hypnosis will help the patient reach a state of mind where he or she will be able to focus on their fear and actually work towards overcoming it. The hypnosis is not a therapy, it is a treatment performed by professionals who knows exactly how to help a troubled mind. Fear of the dentist Ottawa hypnosis has already helped thousands find their minds and emotionally control it. Thanks to this technique people are able to not visit the dentist but also
undergo several different treatments that they could not before because of their fear. Thanks to hypnosis several people can better control their minds and have a professional dentist help them enhance their oral health. People can then perform gag reflex treatments, treat general facial pain, treat teeth grinding and even do simple treatments such as putting braces and whitening the teeth. It does not matter the intensity of the fear one has towards dentist professionals, hypnosis is certainly a very good treatment option that should be considered. Hypnosis can also help patients that are phobic of dentists. A hypnosis professional will certainly be able to help each and every patient find what is the best treatment for his case, however it is also good to know that there are many different options. Hypnosis will help your mind understand that dentists will not hurt you but help you lead a much healthier life. Controlling and inserting new ideas to our subconscious is hard if we are on our own. If we count with the help of a professional the whole process will be much quicker and much easier. Your mind will then react in a proper way whenever you visit this professional, allowing you to receive the treatment that you need. In addition to that hypnosis will also help you live better in general since it will help you relax, breathe better, control your fears when you need and also control your mind whenever you are away from your comfort zone.
“I Can Make You Stop Smoking in One Hour” If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio.
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology.
He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.”
Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in
helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-878-5874.
Meditating with Angels by Reza Shadman
have recently come across a beautiful book, Angels in my Hair, by Lorna Byrnes. While reading the book I found a renewed sense of connection to Angels and asked for inspiration for the upcoming classes. Inspiration came as an image. An image of many shimmering golden Angels in meditation room praying over people. It inspired deep feelings of peace and harmony. I thanked them and held on to the feelings for as much as I could. Angels invoke love. When I’m afraid I ask for their help and can feel their love. I’ve felt their touch since I started meditating, but they are not the only one. I love to call onto Buddha and specially the presence of Mother Mary and others who are here to help us opening our hearts. I guess one could say this style of meditating is very heart based. Classes are small groups, and are done in guided format. Guided meditations are specially helpful
Lisa Virtue - connect - heal - grow Spirit Speaks Events Event 1 - Thurs. Oct 17th, 7:30pm, Empower Me Yoga, 1712 Carling Ave Event 2 - Fri. Nov 8th, 7pm, Tao Crystals, 355 St. Laurent Blvd. Join Lisa Virtue as she channels the energy of Divine spirit beings, in an enlightening evening of interaction. The spirits will give engaging talks on subjects in the highest good of the audience, followed by Q&A.
Connect with your Spirit Guides Workshop
Nov. 2 & 3, Sat. 9:30am - 3:30pm & Sun. 10am - 3:30pm Limit of 8 people at Lisa Virtue Studio, 66 Muriel Street, Suite 210a
Heal and clear issues that are driving you crazy. Talk to the other side. Discover your talents.
Lisa Virtue connect . heal . grow
lisavirtue.com (613) 296-4271 Energy Healer . Medium . Channel . Teacher 52
for those who can not stop thinking. My real purpose is to encourage you to develop a steady practice and make meditating a routine part of life. There will be a free intro coming up on Monday October the 21st. Should you decide to continue, eight weeks of meditations will follow. The price: $160 or by donation. Reza Shadman is a meditation instructor facilitating the connection to the divine self since 2007. His journey started 10 years ago when he experienced a Kundallini awakening and witnessed the light and love within. You can know more about him at www.healandlove.com
Meditation on Love & Light Guided meditations with the help of Divine Mother and Angels
Free introductory session, Monday October 21, 6:30pm No experience necessary
Planet Botanix, 301 Bank
corner of Bank and Somerset Register at email@example.com 613 794-0677
Spirit Guides created this workshop to reveal the simple steps you can take to connect with your own Guides. They help you in any area of your life, and encourage you to that which will bring joy and peace. Whether you have questions about life, relationships, work or health; need support, or just a parking spot, your guides are always there for you. Now you can connect with them!
Healing Fundamentals Workshops
Option 1 - Tues. Evenings Nov 5, 12 & 19, 6:30pm – 8:30pm, 66 Muriel St. 210a Option 2 - Sat. Nov 23rd, 10am – 5pm, Tao Crystals, 355 St. Laurent Blvd. Grounding - Imperative to your wellbeing and any healing practice. When grounded you feel settled, secure, confident and at ease. A vital tool for protecting yourself from outside energies. Muscle Testing - allows you to access untapped wisdom to answer questions or give you information. Have the answer that’s in highest good right at your fingertips. Finally, clarity! Communicate With Your Body - connect with your body in a new way and learn to interpret the messages it sends you. Discover what the body needs from you in order to heal. These skills are valued tools for use throughout your lifetime. Contact Lisa Virtue to reserve. 613-296-4271 firstname.lastname@example.org
Your body’s guide to Conscious Eating!
veryone is looking for the secret to losing weight, getting fit and feeling comfortable in their own skin. New drugs, vitamins, exercise equipment, fad diets become the new rage promising a slimmer, healthier you! The truth of the matter is there really is no magic secret, pill, or food that will help you to achieve and sustain your goal. It can be realized without busting your butt at the gym for hours or living off of cabbage soup , diet pills or protein shakes which give you terrible gas. For the most part, society has gotten away from the very basics of healthy wholesome nutrition; real whole foods in their natural form which make our bodies feel good. Think of our bodies as one might a vehicle, if we fueled our vehicle with sugar water it wouldn’t run and the engine would seize. The same goes for our body, feed it junk and it won’t thrive. Our bodies are not designed to ingest artificial additives such as antibiotics, artificial colourings and refined and overly processed foods. Our food suppliers have created foods which appeal to the taste buds by enhancing the flavor to make them sweeter, bolder and more flavorful with very little thought on how those unnatural flavorings and colourings affect our bodies. In the taste department, a brussel sprout pales in comparison to the bold salty flavor which comes from a bag of potato chips. As you contemplate your next diet program, rather than counting fat grams or sodium grams or even calories I invite you rather to consider the following Rate your Food scale with one simple question in mind. “On a scale of 1-3, How Real is This Food?”
haven’t been altered, canned or jarred and have no added sugar to enhance the flavour. Where possible, Organic should be the preferred choice. Humanely raised Meat and Fish without the addition of antibiotics and hormones. There are also a number of grains with little processing and preserving such as quinoa, brown rice and millet which are full of nutrients and fiber to naturally assist the body. All these foods would be given a rating of 1. A rating of 2 would be frozen fruits and vegetables, canned vegetables and fruit. The foods started from a natural state and then where altered slightly to preserve them. Eating consciously is a choice requiring some thought and at the same time promises many benefits including Optimal Health and Well being, increased self confidence and a healthy body image . If you wish to be fit and healthy; eat foods grown from the Earth 90% of the time. Then when you do have the occasional treat food it is just that a treat not your lifestyle. It would be my pleasure to assist you in the creation of a real food program centered on optimal health and wellbeing. Gina Backs Ginasfitnessandnutrition.com email@example.com About Gina: Gina is a Certified Personal Trainer and Holistic Nutritionist with a passion for food, fitness and consciousness living.
For example: A Rating of 3 would be given to packaged Snack foods such as prepared baked goods, chocolate bars, Chips, Enriched White breads, Meals in a box, sugar in all sorts of different packages etc These foods are loaded with artificial food colorings and flavours which do not complement and in fact cause our bodies to work harder to eliminate the additives and impurities. Often these foods do not have a Real food as a primary ingredient. A Rating of 1 would be given to Fresh Vegetable and Fruits; nothing added nothing taken away. They
Holistic Nutritionist Personal Trainer and Health Coach. 613-291-0059 Ginasfitnessandnutrition.com • Mobile service. No stinky gym or bulky equipment required. • No pills, no gimmicks and no quick fixes, real food and exercise required. • Over 15 years experience in the health field. October 2013
THE WHITE ROSE OF FAITH
Blessed Virgin Teaching Of The White Rose Of Faith October 5, 2004
he White Rose of Faith is the work of the Light of God, who is Jesus. He is living in us as a work of faith, who is receiving our sins, and He is like Mary, who like Jesus, is calling out to the world for the work of peace. The White Rose of Faith teaching is now given: A rose is made perfect by the longing of the heart, and the heart who calls it to become perfect, is waiting for the rose to blossom. It is blossoming by faith, and it continually drops a petal off to show that it yields the many virtues of faith. It is letting go of the world slowly, and it represents the many facets of faith in the world, but it is a teaching of faith which is all enduring and all encompassing and yields the fruits of faith, which is made perfect by the Father. It is a fruit of forgiveness and it is a fruit of love, and in it we are shown how roses can make us know the littleness of life, and how littleness of life is inside us. We are always making ourselves little and this littleness, is my teaching. The small child, who lives in the heart of Christ is a sister or brother of Christ. They are chosen by Christ to portray littleness, and to be the wonder of Christ sign in men. They are working miracles of faith who are giving themselves to Christ through the littleness of life. They are preserved by Christ in His abode in their littleness, and He is teaching them all one by one. He is calming them, supporting them, and listening to them. It is the white rose of faith, which causes them to know the love of the world. In the White Rose of Faith a teaching is made perfect, through contrition. It is the Blessed Virgin’s teaching on abortion. A child who is aborted is made perfect through Love who is Jesus, and He makes them know what love is in the time that they are born. He is with them, as they are aborted, and when they suffer, He tells them what to expect, and He tells them what is needed by their tiny littleness, which is their soul. He sees their pain, and he extinguishes it by taking it upon Himself. He lives in them, and He sees them in the heart of Christ as a child who is suffering, and they are making Him weep, and he weeps inconsolably with passion and forgiveness. He is making them know His life, and He is putting them in His Hand, and He is holding them with sureness and love, and He guards their littleness. The child who is aborted is not made to suffer in a physical way but suffers spiritually, and is knowing the pain of separation of the mother and the child. It is in pain knowing that it is being torn from the womb of life, and it is in pain knowing that a woman, who is it’s mother is being let to receive the vindictiveness of life. She is left to know, the pain of abortion, which is
what the Lord, had made her know, but she is without consolation, and she has no understanding of the Lord. In this, she is welcomed by the Lord, who loves her, and she is returned to the fold. She is preserved by the grace of forgiveness of the Lord. A small child, who is taken from the birth mother, is also placed in the situation where it can know pain. It is also placed in a vessel, which the Lord keeps for such events where He cleanses them. He cleanses them and in His cleansing, releases them from the memory of the pain of abandonment. It is His Will in them coming to life. He takes them to the place where he adorns them with His Love, and He is giving them new life. He seeks them out, and when they come toward Him, he reaches out, and places His cloak around their shoulders. It is the act of love of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit. The cloak is a garment made up of the works of angels, who realize the needs of the child, and the child is protected from birth and given safety. It is the act of the Will of the Father, which causes this to occur. In this time a child who suffers will know eventually the will of The Father. It is the work of the wholeness of life in them. It involves the work of life, the Father, the Mother, and the return to Christ. It is the Holy Mother, who teaches this. In the Holy Mother word’s, “The child of Christ is saved through Faith, and when they receive my illumination, they receive the blessing of the Blessed Virgin, who takes them in hand” Today, a child of God, knows Light and the Light is the son of God, who is returned. They realize light through a visitation of the Holy Mother. She bestows upon them some gift called by her a “Gift of Mary”, and she lets them know. It is the sure sign of the times. It is meant to accommodate the needs of those who are lost,! those who place trust in the Lord, and those who are made to know of it. Amen. MARIAN HEALERS OF CANADA 613-795-4583 Established 2004
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
Immune Support for a Healthy Winter
By Similar Solutions ully nourished by the warmth and joys of summer, our bodies may receive the first cool days of autumn with grace.... But if not, there are ways to ease the transition. The autumn season can be challenging and calls for extra gentleness toward ourselves as our energies and lives move inside. What actions can we take to empower our immune system to keep us healthy and vibrant through a long winter? A foundation of strong immune functioning requires a body free from toxic, depleting substances, and a balanced, nutritious diet. Our resilient bodies can endure sub-standard circumstances for long periods before succumbing to stress or unhealthy lifestyle. We can be hard on ourselves. We may not even realize that we are. Moving beyond these cultural habits can open a new way of relating to ourselves: one of care and respect. Toxic build-up can inhabit different organs of the body, such as the liver, kidney, intestines or lymphatic system. Toxicity in the organs accumulates through poor diet, chemically treated water, heavy metal exposure, intestinal bacteria imbalance, medications and pollution. Electro-Dermal Screening (EDS) is a tool (placed on energy points of the body) used to ascertain which areas require detoxification and rebalancing; a complement to homeopathic treatment. The lymphatic system is a network of organs and tissues that accounts for 20% of immune function and passes 20 litres of water daily (why it’s important to drink!). The lymph is fundamental to the elimination of toxins, bathing cells in fluids that cleanse and sustain healthy cellular activity. Cells congested by toxins contribute to a sluggish lymph system, an early sign of slow and chronic malfunctioning of the body’s immune defenses that can lead to disease manifestation. Homeopathic support of lymph functioning can greatly minimize susceptibility to viral and bacterial infection. The intestines or ‘gut’ also supports our defenses, resting at the centre of the body and energy system. A mucosal lining runs through the intestines offering protection by filtering out which substances enter the bloodstream. When we consume a diet that is high in sugar (all forms), low in fibre, or includes antibiotics or unknown allergens (e.g. gluten, dairy), an imbalance in gut bacteria can occur, leading to damage of this sensitive lining. Foreign proteins and viruses enter the blood, causing white blood cells to react to these invaders with an “inflammatory response”. The joints, tissues, muscles, bowel, etc. become fertile ground for auto-immune disease. Many believe this condition to be chronic and prevalent, yet undetected. We have evolved beyond basics like Vitamin C for immune support, which - although important -
are not enough. Bodies respond differently in how they accumulate toxins and experience imbalance. Professional guidance can be pertinent to discerning what’s needed to care for yourself. Similar Solutions uses EDS to observe and locate weakness in organ function, glandular systems and cellular metabolic function. We provide homeopathic drainage and detox programs to target these areas and address nutritional deficiencies. We hope to contribute to you by supporting your immune system for a bright, cozy winter! Sessions are 90 mins, with a shorter follow-up to confirm treatment success. (Please don’t eat 2 hrs prior to testing. No lotions on hands/feet.) Similar Solutions – (613) 812-5682 – firstname.lastname@example.org Karin Christlmeier has a Bachelor of Engineering and worked 15 years as a senior project manager before being called into healing arts. After losing both parents to cancer, Karin felt compelled to promote alternatives in health. She completed her Practitioner’s Diploma in Heilkunst and Homeopathy from the Hahnemann College for Heilkunst in 2004, and has been practicing since then.
by Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist
an you figure out why the fluoridation of drinking water with Hydrofluorosilisilic Acid (classified an EPA Class 1 toxin) is now considered to be the biggest fraud ever perpetrated against the North American public?
1. Ontario Dental Association fee guidelines state that a cavity would cost from $121 to repair depending on the severity of the cavity. 2. The structural damage to fluorotic teeth caused by drinking fluoridated tap water can never be repaired. It can only be covered up by replacing the fluorotic enamel with porcelain veneers and crowns at a cost of roughly $600 per tooth times 28 teeth or about $16,000 for one child. Replacement of crowns and reapplication of the veneers could bring the lifetime cost of repairing this damage to $30,000 or more. On average, 10 teeth will be affected that will need repair at a cost of $6000 initially and at least $15,000 over a lifetime. (per Dentist David Kennedy: http://www.noforcedfluoride.org/dentalfluorosis.html 3. Need more help? Dentist David Kennedy (Bellingham, WA) does the math: “As a result of fluoridation, 150,000 children (30% of the approximately 500,000 children at each 1 -year age group) will fall victim to dental fluorosis each year. This will result in an initial cost of $6000 X 150,000 or 900 million dollars per year! As maintenance is added in over a lifetime, this figure will increase to 3.3 Billion dollars per year, in 1995 dollars, after 70 years, assuming the population of children does not change. And remember, this only corrects for cosmetic damage. The structural damage resulting from dental fluorosis can never be repaired. Nor can the psychological damage that results from these unsightly teeth.” 4. Dr. Kennedy: “… in 1952, Maury Massler and Isaac Schour, two of the most prestigious dentists in the United States at that time, published a paper showing that while well-nourished children drinking fluoridated water experienced a dental fluorosis rate of 25%, poorly nourished children experienced a fluorosis rate of 60%” (Journal of the American Dental Association 44:156165 (1952)). 5. Dental fluorosis is a consequence of water fluoridation caused exclusively from excessive fluoride. An infant fed formula prepared with tap water or a child who swallows fluoridated toothpaste is automatically poisoned. 6. The same substance used to fluoridate your water, ‘sodium fluoride’ (part of the Hydrofluorosilisilic
Acid compound sourced from fertilizer companies in the USA and China) was just used to gas Syrians. 7. Ingestion of fluoride in early childhood may damage the tooth-forming cells, leading to a defect in the enamel known as dental fluorosis. Teeth impacted by fluorosis have visible, permanent discoloration, ranging from white spots to brown and black stains. 8. Teeth with dental fluorosis demonstrate an increased porosity of the enamel, mostly limited to the sub-surface enamel in milder forms, but impacting the surface enamel as well in severe forms, resulting in extensive pitting, chipping, fracturing, and decay of the teeth. 9. The discoloration induced by dental fluorosis can cause significant embarrassment and stress to the impacted child, resulting in adverse effects on esteem, emotional health, and career success, depression and social anxiety. This, according to dentists, is a non-issue. 10. Canadian dental associations, Health Canada and City Councilors do not mention, in their marketing materials, dental fluorosis, the cause of dental fluorosis, or the tremendous cost of porcelains and crowns needed to cover up the permanent disfigurement to children’s teeth caused by fluoride. 11. Health Canada and the Canadian Dental Association continue to claim that the incidence of dental fluorosis, while in the severe stages in 41% of American children, is practically negligible in Canada although the same exact substance released into US drinking water and by Sarin gas in Syria is used in Canada. 12. Despite all independent studies comparing areas with and without fluoridated water showing there is NO benefit to anyone for anything (except to cosmetic dentists), they still bedazzle us with claims that fluoridation of drinking water prevents dental cavities. 13. “It is currently estimated that an average of 48% of children living in fluoridated areas now have some form of dental fluorosis, with 12.5% of children having fluorosis significant enough to be of “esthetic concern”. While proponents of water fluoridation dismiss dental fluorosis as a “cosmetic effect,” recent research indicates that the rate of bone fracture among children with fluorosis (even in the mild forms) is higher than the bone fracture rates among children with no fluorosis due to the concurrent skeletal fluorosis. (York Review, 2000) 14. The cosmetic dentistry industry is a multi-billion dollar industry…perhaps entirely as a direct result of the several generations of people whose teeth were deliberately harmed by fluoridated drinking water. What’s more, using the water treatment system to mass-medicate a population for something that is
Learn Who Really Benefits from Fluoridation of Drinking Water. Hint, it’s not children!
neither contagious or life-threatening (cavity) is in violation of the Health Care Consent Act and using an EPA Class 1 Hazardous Waste product to do so is in violation of the Ontario Safe Drinking Water Act, for starters. The very institutions established to protect the public is bilking it of billions through misleading information, non-disclosure of the health damages and perpetuation of what they know to be lies. If dental fluorosis was the only harm, it would still be horrific. But fluoride is recognized to be the substance that causes more cancer, faster, than any other substance (Dr. Dean Burk)…and they call this a natural nutrient …and they are fluoridating children’s teeth at the schools, without parental consent or full disclosure of the facts.
Dental fluorosis from Fluoridated water : the future look of Ottawa resident’s teeth? “The prevalence of fluorosis in permanent teeth in areas with fluoridated water has increased from about 10-15% in the 1940s to as high as 70% in recent studies...” SOURCE: Marshall TA, et al. (2004). Associations between Intakes of Fluoride from Beverages during Infancy and Dental Fluorosis of Primary Teeth. Journal of the American College of Nutrition 23:108-16. “Current studies support the view that dental fluorosis has increased in both fluoridated and nonfluoridated communities. North American studies suggest rates of 20 to 75% in the former and 12 to 45% in the latter.” SOURCE: Locker, D. (1999). Benefits and Risks of Water Fluoridation. An Update of the 1996 FederalProvincial Sub-committee Report. Prepared for Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. “Systemic F-exposure to children has increased. Mild dental fluorosis is now more common than one would predict on the basis of Dean’s findings in the late 1930s and early 1940s: in fluoridated and non-fluoridated communities. Several recent studies report prevalence rates in the 20 and 80 percent range in areas with fluoridated water.” SOURCE: Luke J. (1997). The Effect of Fluoride on the Physiology of the Pineal Gland. Ph.D. Thesis. University of Surrey, Guildford. GracePlace Wellness, Ottawa, ON www.graceplacewellness.com 613-422-7027 • email@example.com
MOUNTAINGOAT YOGA CENTER, Nepean O
POWER YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN OTTAWA Yoga Alliance 200 hour program
With Heather Moore & Olga Kamenskova
BEGINS NOVEMBER 8TH 2013 For more information or to ensure your space in this program please contact us today at (613) 823-3949
Immerse yourself in this opportunity to expand your practice and learn to lead others. Register before October 15th to save $200 Free unlimited Yoga during the training program. Value of $800
Healing Oneself with The Gift
f you believe in reincarnation, you believe we are all born with past lives that follow us through many incarnations. Sometimes these past experiences come with us because they are not resolved even when we think we have dealt with them. Somehow, magically, they still present themselves as “Here we are – thought you had dealt with us, got rid of us, found the answers: nooooooo we are still here. We like you soooooo much we don’t want to leave you. We have become so much a part of you, like your DNA”. Sometimes that is just how deep it goes – to our very marrow. That is a scary thought – deep into our cellular level. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving…. Can you imagine having the opportunity to work through some of these Gifts, by honouring your own birth in this life on a spiritual and emotional level and what that means to you? What if you could be taken on a journey from your childhood to discover your own inner soul compass, the innate voice inside yourself that guides you every day, and find out how this compass has been operating all your life, how that takes you to this moment, as an adult, in the present day? As an adult today, you could awaken to your soul compass and open your heart to a far deeper understanding of self and begin to explore illusion and truth; waking up to your reality to give yourself The Gift. The Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre will be welcoming well-known Healer and Medium, Kelvin Heard of the UK, to Ottawa for one week in November where he will be offering The Gift a full-day Workshop on November 15th and again on November 16th, as well as offering private readings and speaking at our Sunday Service, November 17th. The Gift Workshop will cover everything mentioned above as well as help you to create a shield of protection, speak with your guides and walk a new path to bring The Gift ever closer. The Gift can be anything, from being a great Mother, to wanting to become a great Teacher, or Live Your Truth, or do that project you have always put off doing, or learn to say what you really mean in life. It is being able to walk in new shoes and become whole without fear.
You will finish the Workshop by being in your mind looking at a mountain where you will find The Gift that you have asked for and it will be given to you in a unique way so that you may complete your journey. Through The Gift, you will Open Your Heart and Live a different life and be solid and whole spiritually and emotionally. Kelvin Heard has visited Ottawa before bringing his gift of spiritual discernment and healing with him and reaching out to the Ottawa Spiritual Community. Kelvin is a respected, well-known healer who travels extensively throughout the UK and Europe channeling his beautiful healing energies and insights. He is also now in discussion now with a publisher regarding his book, A Rite of Passage, which is expected to be published in 2014 and for which we are eagerly awaiting. Kelvin began his work as a healer at the well-known Hale Clinic in London; has had articles published about him and his work in The Daily Mail, The Times newspapers and Elle Magazine as well appearing on various UK talk shows. Kelvin has also worked with well-known celebrities such as Sarah Brightman and others. He brings a beautiful Spirit with him and we know you will enjoy meeting him and experiencing his powerful healing energies which he brings with him, and to his divinely inspired workshops. If you are truly looking for deep healing and/or insights into your life, attending a workshop with Kelvin just could be your answer. For further information on his visit, and how to register for The Gift, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Submitted by - Gillian Pearlstone, Director of Healing
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/tonemagazine
Why Alchemical Healing? by Debbie Clarkin, www.debbieclarkin.com
I have been privileged to be part of many amazing healing experiences. From this first aid application to seeing the physical manifestations of tumours disappear before my eyes. Alchemical Healing has become a large part of my life as a practitioner and teacher. I have both the honour and pleasure of traveling across Canada, the U.S. and Australia to share Alchemical Healing with many wonderful people. And I have found lasting friendships and amazing colleagues. I invite you to join us to learn more about Alchemical Healing in Ottawa this October.
was introduced to Alchemical Healing in 2003 and it changed my life. I had just finished full-time studies to become a Natural Health Practitioner and felt like something was missing in my training. Over the course of my life I had studied many modalities both as a layperson for my own use and then as a professional but everything was disjointed and exclusive in irtheir application. I asked the universe to help me find the missing piece. Nicki Scully’s book Alchemical Healing was literally experience an Alchemical Healing session, placed in my hands by a friend who said “You should To please contact Priscilla Corcoran at 613-859-3902, read this.” Alchemical Healing was what I had been looking for. I contacted Nicki and immediately knew email@example.com, www.radiantchanges.com. that she would be my next teacher. To learn Alchemical Healing, classes will After my first class my role as a healer changed, I was be offered October 18-20th (Level I) and able to incorporate all of my knowledge and training October 25-27th (Level II) by Debbie into one all-encompassing healing art. Just as each Clarkin, a skilled Alchemical Healing person is different each healing is different and each practitioner and teacher who has studied person receives what they need and what is in their with Nickiy Scully for more than a decade. highest good. I follow their lead to help them on their For information or to register, please contact own healing journey. Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alchemical Healing is an intimate dance between the healer and the person receiving the healing, between spirit and matter, between the conscious and the subconscious. As a practitioner I orchestrate the session, but the person who is receiving the healing takes an active part in the exchange. Together we create sacred space and invite Now in Ottawa! miracles to happen. I have witnessed physical changes in many of my clients during a healing session. The first time was at one of my first The internationally renowned practical form of Alchemical Healing classes. A fellow physical healing, therapeutic counseling and student burnt her hand while cooking so we spiritual growth using alchemy, shamanism and decided to practice what we were learning. I energetic healing. started by using the energy of water to cool the burn and removing the trauma energy. Then I called on the plant allies to help and To learn Alchemical Healing for yourself or others join our classes with international teacher Debbie Clarkin: when I held out my hand I felt cold and wet Level I: October 18-20, 2013 energy drop into it. I knew right away that Level II: October 25-27, 2013 it was cold cooked oatmeal, and wondered how it could help as I was expecting aloe or $450 per class ($400 if paid in full one month in advance), further $50 discount if you maybe lavender, but I trusted Alchemical take both classes. Includes 5 meals. Some accommodations available. Healing and applied it to the burn. She To register, contact Debbie at 250-309-0626 or email@example.com, or Priscilla immediately felt relief. We went to class and Textbooks by Nicki Scully: as the morning progressed we watched the Alchemical Healing (read before taking a class) Power Animal Meditations burn go through it stages. The blister came up and went down and the burn healed so To experience an Alchemical Healing session call that it was just a slightly pink spot within Priscilla Corcoran at 613-859-3902, about an hour and a half. We were both so firstname.lastname@example.org, or book online at excited we had to share the experience with www.radiantchanges.com the rest of the class.
From Adult to Elder
– the Fall Season of Letting Go
s we enter the fall season in nature as well as the fall season of our own life, it is the time to slow down, reflect on our life, and journey within. This is the season to look at our life to see what is now time to release and let go. We can start with what may appear to be easier to do, our stuff. Things we no longer want, no longer relate to and/or no longer find useful. Although these terms look similar, their impact may affect us differently. I read the series titled The Americans (seven books) about three times over the years and although l loved it at the time, I no longer want to and hence, time to let them go. I also have an old pair of pants that still fit me but I no longer want them nor find them useful and therefore time to give them away. I may never want to wear again my threeinch high-heel shoes but because they remind me of the day I danced with my husband for the first time, I’m still attached to them and not ready to part with them yet. It is certainly easier to let go of the stuff that are clearly no longer fitting, outdated, worn out, nor no
longer hold a sentimental value. It is much more of a challenge, however, to let go of things that not only hold a sentimental value but are clearly connected to our identity, our sense of self, our independence. What about selling my car because public transportation is at my doorsteps and the money I would save would make a difference? It’s not about the mechanical thing that I’m attached to but rather it viscerally representing my independence, my capacity to come and go when I want to. Moving to a smaller place after living in a house that has been the heart and soul of family and friends’ gatherings can also be a challenge. Again, it’s not the structure itself that will be missed but the smells, the energy and the irreplaceable memories that each room holds that is unique to that place. This may sound to some like negative thinking, of getting stuck in living in the past, of not moving forward, but these are real feelings that need to be dealt with and not just ignored or dismissed away as irrelevant. Before moving on to the positive, which will happen, we first need to grieve, the letting go of our sentimental attachments when they have touched us deeply. The working through the emotions and releasing them, when it is time to let them go is much healthier than forcing them out or suppressing them. I have found that creating a ritual of closure really helps in the releasing of these emotions, like a funeral, where we celebrated the life of the person and had many good laughs as well as soulful crying. The same can be done for this. The process of clearing what needs to *� S� PIRITUAL�HEALING�*� E� NERGY�M� EDICINE�*� S� HAMAN� J� OURNEYING� *� S� OUL�R� ETRIEVAL�*� P� AST�L� IFE�J� OURNEYS�*� be let go creates more soulful space and energy for what it is now time to move towards. H� EALING�K� ARMA�*� H� EALING�B� AD�M� EDICINE�*� I offer personal consultations and programs G� ETTING�Y� OUR�P� OWER�B� ACK�*�D� ESTINY�W� ORK�*� U� NDER-� HY�Y� OU�C� AME�H� ERE�*� A� ND�M� UCH�M� ORE� .� to facilitate people transitioning from adult STANDING�W� NEW O� TTAWA�P� ROGRAM�B� EGINS�S� EPTEMBER�2013� to elder, to realizing a more meaningful and fulfilled life. - C� HECK�W� EBSITE�FOR�M� ORE�I� NFO�
S� ESSIONS�B� Y�A� PPOINTMENT�O� NLY�AT�(613) 274-3708�
WWW� .T� HE� 8� TH� FI�RE� .C �OM� 60
Please come and see me at the Find the Coach Expo on October 5th and/or the You Deserve it Conference on October 19th.
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CSWP
love doing goal setting with clients! There is no greater satisfaction for me then to work with people and seeing them achieve their dreams. That process of creating is very rewarding as I see “ordinary” people achieve fantastic things in their lives. Being that I work in the “financial” world, many of my clients’ goals are money related. However, what I have found is that tucked away behind these “financial” goals is usually a lifestyle objective. As I work with them, the whole discussion quickly turns into a cat and mouse game of trying to uncover what the true objective for the stated financial goal is. I call this Financial Life Planning where one sets out a “lifestyle” or a “life goal” and then we figure out the finances to support that goal. When I’m with my clients, I like to drive the discussion even further than the simplistic “objective + timeline = money needed” equation. For me, there has to be a WHY attached to this whole Financial Life Planning process. When you start the process of goal setting with the question WHY, you fundamentally change your vision of things and the purpose of your goal. Life becomes more than an accumulation of money and things. Yes, these are important but are they the most important? For me, the real questions are: What is your life purpose? Why are you here? Why do you do what you do? What is your driving passion? How do you want to be remembered when you are gone? Answer these truthfully and see how quickly your priorities change if they are not yet in alignment with your real life purpose! This is Financial Life Planning and it is a discussion that goes well beyond the money issues. As a Retirement Coach, the discussion I have is no different for somebody who is contemplating leaving work. What will become your new life purpose after you leave work? How will you occupy your time once you retire? I have found that people without a clear sense of purpose, an answer to the question WHY, could have
email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
a retirement that is not as fulfilling and meaningful as it should be. For me, somebody engaged in prolonged “idle busyness” is a person without a sense of purpose or a mission statement for their life. Simone Choy, a fellow life coach based in Ottawa said it best at a recent event when she stated that the two most important days in your life are 1) when you are born and 2) when you figure out why you are here. I truly believe that and any attempt to set some meaningful goals in your life need to go through the filter of “WHY”. Take the time to see if you can find an answer to the questions outlined above. If you have already set some goals for yourself, review them with this new WHY question. See if something new resonates inside of you. Challenge yourself and have fun with this simple yet complex three letter word called WHY. Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawa based Praxis Wealth Institute as well as a Retirement Coach and public speaker. He conducts workshops and courses that are focused on helping people accumulate wealth as well as designing meaningful and rewarding retirements. firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
198 Main Street, Ottawa, ON • 613-234-9597 • www.thegreendoor.ca October 2013
Changing your Body Can Be Ease, Joy, and Glory with the Tools of Access Consciousness
ith so-called factual information about the latest optimal diets for health and weight loss changing as fast as the flavors at your ice cream store, how can you know what’s really going to work for you? The key to knowing what’s right for your body is just that, says Access consciousness Founder Gary Douglas – YOUR BODY! Doctors with whom Douglas works point out that our bodies are more different on the inside than they are on the outside. This uniqueness goes a long way towards explaining why no one diet works for everyone.
Empowering People To Know That They Know What would it take for YOU to have more of YOU? What if you could change your BODY & enjoy it?
Weight Loss Program
6 weeks of Hands on Body Process’s & Verbal Clearings, Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 & Nov. 6, Wed. evenings from 6 pm – 9:30 pm, $300. For 6 weeks.
Bars Class - October 3 and November 1 2nd Annual Global Access Bars Class!
November 10 - This is going to be a very different Access Bars class! It will include…. • “The Bars” with The Leaders Creating a Conscious World Seven Access Facilitators will be facilitating the one day class and at the end you will be a Bars Practitioner. • Energetic Synthesis of Communion® with Dr. Dain Heer - This class will include a one hour-ish ESC session with Dr. Dain Heer, the co-creator of Access Consciousness
Foundation Class - October 18 & 19 Level 1 Class - October 20 & 21
Access consciousness has a unique solution to knowing what will work for your body. This solution is to simply ask your own body. Sounds good, you may say, but how do you do that? Some people who are trained in kinesiology can use muscle testing, but Douglas has not found this works very well for him. He uses a method of testing which involves his whole body. He holds a particular food he has a question about in front of his solar plexus, puts his heels and toes together, and asks if his body would like the ingest the substance that he’s holding. If your body leans forward, that’s a yes; backwards, that’s a no; and sideways means you’re not asking exactly the right question. a small adjustment in your wording may be all that’s needed. You could change it to, “Body, would you like to ingest this sometime today or in the next 24 hours or this week?” Another way of communicating with your body, if you’re eating in a restaurant, is to let your body show you by noticing what your eyes land on first on the menu. Whatever you notice first, can read clearly first, is usually the item your body would most like to eat, so you order that. It will likely NOT be what you are most used to eating – but you might be surprised at how great it tastes. What tastes wonderful is exactly what your body would really like to eat, even if it something you never would consider normally. When you give your body what it really requires, the result is food that can taste orgasmic on every taste bud. This usually lasts for 3-9 bites. As soon as the next bite
For more info on these classes, Private Sessions, Bars Sessions & Classes, Body Process Classes, Energetic Face Lift Classes/ Sessions & Access Core classes Foundation & Level 1 please contact Carol Sheehan 613-617-4747, email@example.com www.AccessConsciousness.com ALL OF LIFE COMES TO US WITH EASE, JOY & GLORY
tastes like cardboard, that’s your body’s way of telling you it’s done. A radio show host in Utah, Donnielle Carter, went from a size 16 to a size 6 using Access Consciousness tools, in the space of 4 months. She used some of the hands on body processes of Access Consciousness, which are taught by facilitators. Her process consisted primarily of asking herself questions, being vulnerable and honest with herself, and destroying the lies she’d bought that were keeping her heavy. One evening she ended up following a line of questioning and processing herself until 4 in the morning. She discovered she had made a decision about not wanting to be seen that linked back to an argument with a friend in high school almost 20 years earlier. The access consciousness methods developed by Douglas apply not only to obesity, but to all other body conditions that you have not been able to change, including pain, disease, allergies, self-image, shape, and aging. Tired of being stressed out, in pain and can’t sleep? Let the Access Consciousness Bars nurture your body by releasing the electromagnetic components of all thoughts, ideas, decisions, and beliefs being held in your body!! What if when someone told you as a child that you were ugly or fat or skinny or mean or lazy…and you’ve been holding onto that belief in you and your body and creating your life from that belief? What if
A Better Way to Deal with Stress
By Kymberli Ker, Salt Puddle Alternative Healing Therapy & Yoga eading researchers in the field of stress management have estimated that up to 80% of all illness is stressrelated. Prolonged levels of stress can lead to tiredness and irritability, a weakening of the immune system and the development of physical disease within our body. Anything we can do to reduce our stress levels has a positive impact on our overall long-term health and therefore means we enjoy a far more productive, longer and happier life. Research has found that Reflexology treatments can significantly reduce stress levels in a person’s body, and even more importantly increase their ability to cope with stress. In today’s society, stress is something that many people struggle with on a daily basis. Not only is Reflexology great for reducing stress; it is also beneficial as a preventative measure for good health and to strengthen our immune system. Our immune system is often the most compromised system when we are experiencing high levels of stress. If we have a strong immune system, we are better able to fight infection and disease and eventually become ill less often. Reflexology has been proven to improve the circulatory, nervous, respiratory, and digestive systems. Regular treatments help the body reach and maintain its natural equilibrium or homeostasis, thus aiding body systems to work more efficiently together. Reflexology works the entire body as a whole rather than the individual systems. Reflexology is simple to receive and the benefits are so extensive that people often are so impressed on how different they feel after receiving a treatment. Reflexology is a natural healing therapy that is centuries old. Unlike conventional medicine, which very often deals only with the symptoms of an illness, regular Reflexology treatments deal with the root cause. Reflexology encourages a balance of energy and the stimulation of the body’s self-healing properties.
Pine Gate Mindfulness Community Nucleus of Friends for Peace Canada Teachings every Thursday 7.00pm - 9.00pm Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7 Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com • 613 726 0881 www.ianprattis.com/pinegate.htm that happened in a different lifetime and you don’t even know why you make the choices you make? The Bars can end the torture and delete the patterns that hold you hostage!
There are over 56 Body Processes currently being taught by Access Consciousness. They include everything from losing weight; lymphatic drainage; dissolving scar tissue; an energetic facelift that can become an eye lift, jowl lift, breast lift and butt lift too; erasing old traumas in the body; eliminating tumors and cysts from the body; deleting side effects of chemo and eliminating the after-effects of radiation; oxygenating the blood more than ever before and relief for sore muscles; to just plain liking your body and wanting to be in it and much more! For More Information on Access Consciousness Tools, Classes, Private Sessions contact Carol Sheehan, Certified Facilitator, 613 249-8418, 613 617-4747 firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been working as a Registered Reflexology Therapist since 2012 and am affiliated with the Reflexology Association of Canada. I own my own business, Salt Puddle Alternative Healing Therapy & Yoga and offer treatments at Planet Botanix on Bank Street Fridays between 10:00am and 6:00pm. Receipts are available to those who have coverage under their health insurance plan.
Garo and Friends bring Rumi Remembered to Ottawa By Rouba Dabboussy
orn where east meets west, to an Armenian family in Turkey, young Garo Altinian longed to explore the new world. That dream came true in 1968 when teenaged Garo and his family, with only a couple of Turkish rugs and their clothes, made the one-way trip to Canada. As years went by, Garo’s search to find meaning became a life-long quest. The search drew him to Gurdjieff among other philosophers and teachers. “Take the wisdom of the East and the knowledge of the West and then seek” -- a single line in Gurjieff’s writings set off the quest to a much deeper path. So Garo began to seek, first by immersing himself in Vedic philosophy and practices, then both eastern and western paths. Ironically, Garo encountered Sufism in Canada -- a philosophy originated in the same region where he was born. The music and chanting so integral to the path (Tariqa) and practices in Sufism (as it is in the Vedic practices and other spiritual paths) became an essential part of Garo’s life. Having played the mandolin in his youth, Garo was drawn to the guitar; soon it became a part of his daily practice. Garo began composing inspirational and devotional songs, but it was not until experiencing Mewlana Jalal’uddin Rumi’s poetry that the music and songs poured out. Or, as Garo describes it, “the music began coming through him”. With a musically talented, like-minded circle, Garo and various friends began performing inspirational concerts “Ilham” in Toronto, stimulating audiences to seek and to connect.
In 2012, Garo and Friends released their first CD Rumi Remembered - Inspiration at a Toronto concert alongside Coleman Barks. Barks, a leading interpreter of Rumi’s poetry, praised Garo and Friends as “musicians for healing the soul and opening the heart”. Now a resident of Ottawa, Garo encountered talented musicians here. As the circle of friends grew, so did the urge to bring Rumi Remembered to Ottawa. Rumi Remembered is a celebration of the life, and legacy of the great teacher, poet and mystic Rumi. Amongst the greatest mystical poets, he has attracted spiritual seekers from diverse paths for centuries. When reading Rumi, poet of the heart, one dives deep within mesmerised by the poetic and powerful imagery. Rumi Remembered is a concert fusing traditional and western instrumentation, performed by Garo and Friends, an ensemble of twelve musicians, vocalists and whirlers. Combining instruments of the east and west, they bring contemplative melodies through original music and songs in English, Turkish, French and Persian. All religions, all this singing, one song. The differences are just illusion and vanity. Sunlight looks a little different on this wall than it does on that wall and a lot different on this other one, but it is still One light Mewlana Jalal’uddin Rumi -- 1207–1273
Parenting With Wisdom
E OCTOBER - Thursday, October 3, (7:15-9 pm) Talk: “TOTEMS - THE ZOO IN YOU!” with Julie Desmarais Join Clairvoyant Energy Master Julie Desmarais as your guide in getting to know your ‘true nature’ better! Using inspiring real life stories she will help you REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE and the awesome potential within YOU! She will support, enlighten and inspire ‘Your Connection to Your Animal Totem Guardians’! See you there! Location: at the Ottawa Citizen, 1101 Baxter Rd (donations welcome) (...and continuing...) Saturday, October 19 (1-4 pm) Workshop: “Totems - Discovering & Uncovering the Zoo in You!” with Julie Desmarais Join Clairvoyant Energy Master Julie Desmarais as your guide in REMEMBERING WHO YOU ARE! She will teach Animal Totem 101 and speak to: what is a totem? ; why they are so important in your life ? ; why you may have disconnected from them; how to reconnect, honour and work with them; and finally, how your totems can boost your self-esteem and confidence! Julie will also take you on a guided meditation/journey to meet and be inspired by ' Your Animal Totems'. Location: Hintonburg Community Centre, 1064 Wellington St. ($20.) Phone: (work) please leave messages: 613-688-1717 ( next ) NOVEMBER Thursday, November 7, (7:15 - 9 pm) Talk: Healing Crystals – From Atlantis to present time with Linda Steele. Linda Steele is a Shamanic energy healer and crystal practitioner. Join Linda and discover why crystals are enjoying a renaissance for healing and being used in everyday life. www.lindaenergyhealer.com Location: at the Ottawa Citizen, 1101 Baxter Rd (donations welcome)
www.SpiritualFrontiers.ca ~ Let us continue to grow spiritually together! ~
All are welcome to our events. For volunteering please contact email@example.com or phone 613-724-6021 Dora Joseph, Article and Program Coordinator, SFC Volunteer
Whirling dervishes will perform Sema, the meditative movements, to traditional Sufi music. Originating among the Turkish Sufis and followers of Rumi “Mevlevi Order of Sufis”, the practice has been passed down to devotees for centuries. In 2005, UNESCO proclaimed the “The Mevlevi Sema Ceremony” of Turkey as amongst the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity. The concert is on Saturday, November 9, 2013, 7pm at Kailash Mital Theatre- Southam Hall- Carleton University. For more information, go to www.garoandfriends.ca or to Facebook: www.facebook.com/events/517706981643538/ Tickets are $20.00 online at www.garoandfriends.ca, in person at Singing Pebble Books at 202 Main St. 613-230-9165 or at the door two hours prior to the concert.
motional literacy refers to the ability to first recognize and then speak authentically about one’s feelings. This is a life skill that people of all ages can learn and use effectively throughout life. We identify five core feelings: anger, sadness, fear, joy and sexual feelings. We acknowledge that students prior to puberty do not readily recognize their sexual feelings, so for pre-teens we use the fourcore feelings: anger, sadness, fear and joy. Each of the four feelings is associated with a body centre. Generally, anger is stored and felt in the head, the shoulders and the back; sadness is felt in the chest; fear is felt in the belly; and, joy is often experienced all over the body as well as circulating out of the body in the form of tingling and streaming. Sometimes we may feel a feeling that is a combination of more than one feeling. For example, jealousy is a combination of anger, sadness and fear. Other “combo” feelings are guilt and shame. It’s useful to check in with oneself to determine which of the core feelings is most activated when one is feeling a combo feeling or to honour that more than one of the five core feelings is being activated at the same time. Blame and ‘story’ that are usually defensive in nature are not important and are even discouraged. Why we are feeling the feeling is not as valuable as how and what we are feeling. Authentic sharing of feelings brings about a rapid shift from the core feeling to the experience of aliveness and even bliss if a full feeling cycle is allowed and experienced. Becoming emotionally literate then minimizes defensiveness and drama and aids in returning back to essence, vitality and aliveness. Rabia Wilcox is a Certified Conscious Living Coach with the Hendricks Institute www.hendricks.com. 613-293-7909. For upcoming events and workshops or to order the Conscious Kids’ Curriculum as an e-book for $27.95 (US) please visit: www.rabiawilcox.com
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor
Healing Osteoporosis, Rebuilding Bones
CARP RIDGE Natural Health Clinic
Chiropractic Care - Registered Massage Cancer Care - Food Sensitivity Tests Naturopathic Doctors - IV Clinic
—Katherine Willow N.D.
he first thing to know about healing osteoporosis is that bones repair themselves naturally, without drugs. It’s a matter of understanding why our bones weakened in the first place and responding to those causes while optimizing supporting factors. In my experience and research, the main triggers of bone loss are: poor diet, lack of exercise, deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, toxins & medications and the specific shock of feeling devalued. To simplify the contributing dietary factors, bones will weaken with too much acidity and not enough minerals. The main sources of acids are soft drinks, coffee and excess protein. Decreasing these foods, as well as salt & alcohol, shifting the diet towards more vegetables and fruits and supplementing with alkaline minerals such as calcium and magnesium will help regenerate bone. As for exercise, convincing research shows that exercise in short bursts with increasing intensity is best for rebuilding muscle and bone—as well as stimulating the anti-aging human growth hormone. Running marathons or long stretches of cardio will actually weaken bones. Good resources are the book PACE by Dr. Al Sears and the popular website Mercola.com. The other aspect of exercise is whether a patient has enough energy to do intense activity. Sometimes we need to slow right down and do rejuvenating therapies such as restorative yoga, chi gong, strolling in nature, deep breathing and lots of resting before we are ready to start more intensive movement. This isn’t easy, but once accepted helps us connect with our deeper wisdom and allows our energies to rise… In the deficiency category, most people think of calcium for bones but there are a host of nutrients that work together to maintain and repair bone tissue, including magnesium, phosphorus, boron and vitamin D for us northerners. There is a wealth of fine-tuning around these supplements, including how to assess them. I usually start with a screening hair analysis and go from there. If there are a lot of low values, it’s important to improve the capacity of the digestion to absorb. Toxins and medications that interfere with bone metabolism include cadmium, nicotine, isoniazid, corticosteroids, tetracycline, thyroid preparations and antacids. Hormonal imbalances can be straight forward or quite complicated, such as a simple lack of progesterone
2386 Thomas Dolan Parkway, Carp just up the hill from where Thomas Dolan intersects with Carp Rd.
www.ecowellness.com or testosterone or an imbalance between cortisol and DHEA. Blood tests are important to sort this out, but one must be careful not to get too caught up in tests and lose sight of the simple basics. Learning to relax can substantially help the hormones rebalance and recharge. More specifically on the topic of stress and relaxation is the information from German New Medicine (GNM) that bones respond to shocks of devaluation by thinning. In North America, the greatest population experiencing osteoporosis is post-menopausal women, which we assume is due to receding hormones. Yet in Eastern Europe, where women gain in status when older, becoming matriarchs in their communities, they have a low rate of bone loss despite poor diets and few gyms. A testimony to the devaluation women experience when they age in our culture! Finally, there is another helpful piece of information from GNM, which is that bones ache when they are repairing and that this process tends to take 6-8 weeks, longer if there are relapses into feeling devalued or if there is fear around the pain. Katherine Willow N.D. practices at the Carp Ridge Natural Health Clinic and will give an afternoon workshop on osteoporosis with Navjit Kaur RYT and Laura Batson ND at the Yoga and Tea studio in Carp. Register online at yogaandtea.com or call 613-304-6320.
EVENTS AT THE CARP RIDGE NATURAL HEALTH CLINIC Mind-Body Medicine Intro (GNM) TBA in October • 7-8:30pm $20 at the door Day Retreats at the EcoWellness Centre! Spend a day at the pond cabin, strolling in nature and accessing our services. Osteoporosis Workshop Integrating yoga and naturopathic medicine Saturday, Oct. 26, 1-4pm at Yoga & Tea/Carp RSVP at 613-839-1198 or www.ecowellness.com
Changing Seasons: Protect The Skin You’re In
utumn brings change, physically as well as mentally. Our skin can retain much more moisture during the summer months, especially with the humidity that comes with living in a valley, but cooler temperatures mean our skin must adjust as well to drying out more easily. We are confronted with winter’s drying effects both inside and out-windy days outside and dry heat inside contribute to the skin’s moisture loss. Those with dermatitis, excema or psoriasis may have found some relief in warmer months, but find their skin is now subject to painful cracking and sores. So what to do? First, understand that your skin needs time to adjust to a new environment, so anything you add to your skincare regime must be attempted over a week or more. And I always suggest using ingredients, rather than finished product, if you have sensitive skin. That way you can immediately identify something that works well or that you should avoid. Shea butter is something I often recommend as a premier skin care healer. Shea butter, also known as karite butter, is derived from the kernels of Butyrospermum parkii, the Shea nut tree native to Western Africa. Traditionally, Shea nut trees are owned collectively and are thought to be the lifeline of the people of Ghana because they supply fruit to make the butter all year round. Interestingly, the men own the trees while the women are allowed to gather the nuts, giving them an independent source of income. It is harvested and processed according to age old methods, leaving a finished product that has a slightly creamy look and a slightly smoky odour. Most people enjoy the scent, but
F I N D A C O A C H Free admission WitH donation
you can always lessen the smell by adding essential oils like lavender or chamomile (which will also increase the healing properties!) Although it can be used as a food ingredient in margarine and chocolate, it is as a body care ingredient that shea butter really shines-it is perfect for dry, windy Ottawa winters to restore skin’s moisture and soothe windburn. It contains vitamins A, D, E and essential fatty acids necessary for skin repair. Any carrier oil can help nourish and protect the skin. My favourites for the drier, colder months include vegetable oils and jojoba. Most people react very positively to jojoba (actually a wax that is soluble at room temperature) because it is very similar, chemically, to the sebum in your skin. Sebum is the naturally occurring oil in your pores. It also has a large amount of Vitamin E, making it an excellent, easily absorbed skin healer. Other oils that are beneficial include sweet almond, avocado and argan. Remember that vegetable oils contains lots of nourishing vitamins and minerals, and, if you are using good quality oils in the kitchen, try them on your skin as well! Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg- to learn more about natural therapies for the skin, please visit us at Planet Botanix! ©2013Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St near Somerset. She gives workshops on creating natural body care and has been creating natural body care for over eighteen years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic. www.planetbotanix.com
Intuitive Advisor through spiritual guidance Readings since 1985 To your life’s questions, experience:
TROUVEZ UN COACH
SAT. OCTOBER 5, 2013, 10am – 4pm Jean Pigott Place, city Hall, 110 laurier avenue West, ottaWa
Simple insightful clarity Profound awareness Emotional breakthroughs Uplifting spiritual connectedness 819 827-2579 firstname.lastname@example.org (Sessions held in central Ottawa)
Lila endorses and recommends programs that are intelligent, helpful and aim to support the wise play of our global community. Go Slowly
YOGA EVENTS IN KINGSTON
Sunday Mornings Meditation
Janati Yoga School www.janatiyoga.com Laughter Yoga Leader Training Improved health and wellness through Laughter Yoga! No experience necessary. October 5th & 6th from 9am to 5pm (613) 507.5550
Ajna Chakra - Seeing the Unseen Explore practices that can help us to discern the differences between what we think we see, and what is actually real. October 6th from 2:30pm to 5pm (613) 507.5550
Jane withForrington Jane
Private Come consultation experience a available simple on a by-donation basis combination of silence,
easy stretching, guided meditation, philosophical musings andSpiritual an overall Meditation, and refreshment of your Yoga Audio Downloads uniquely ordinary Self. Available On-line!
Somatics with Richard Hudspith. An introduction to the practice of somatics. All are welcome! 2nd from 6:30pm to 8:30pm (613) 507.5550
Living Yoga Studios www.LivingYogaStudios.ca
Now available at web-site when you sign up for enews! The Essential Elements of Alignment WhatAnis Theworkshop Essential Skill Set? intensive with Perri van Rossem
Finding Inner Peace Through Meditation Geshe Lama Samten (a Buddhist spiritual teacher from Tibet) will be teaching on October 16th at 7:30pm (613) 453 8811
October 18th & 19th (613) 453 8811
It’s “TESS” – Lila’s suggested Skill-Set for life in general!
Pelvic Floor workshop will introduce practical exercises to help to alleviate discomforts that stem from a weak or over tense pelvic floor and is open to everyone, not just students of yoga. November 9th (613) 453 8811
Sign up at lilacentre.ca
Lila is a sanskrit word meaning that life is a divine play. I invite you to check out Lila On-line for support in learning to play our parts wisely and also to see the following pages for Lila endorsed businesses. Peace & Happiness, Jane / Lila
October 2013 www.lilacentre.ca 613-545-1063
m.M.Townsend D. AC, homŒopath
Classical Homeopathy Acupuncture & Shiatsu 613•546•3967 Twenty-five + years in private practice
• Consultation en français, entièrement bilingue. your body’s own • Letyour 4.3”energetic x 3.5”pathways speed healing and enhance well-being.
Experience the latest—and the oldest — in the nano-physics of medicine.
Move your life to a higher plane while deepening your roots and shedding your ailments.
Multi-generational approaches to Classical Chinese energetics can address inherited states as deftly as last month’s virus.
* free delivery within city for orders over $40 (regularly priced items) – deliver to your door, office, desk as you work – within two hours – surcharge may apply for outlying areas in city
2013 is a proud partner ofOctober
69 VISIT KINGSTON!
The Blue Pill or the Red Pill?
n one of my favorite movies, The Matrix, Neo is living in a world that he thinks is real. Part way through the movie, he is shown another reality and he becomes aware that life isn’t what he thought it was; what he thought was real, necessarily wasn’t. The film explores the philosophy of reality. One way to define reality is by what you think is right. Another way to define reality is by what you focus on.
So imagine if all the upset, worry, offense, hurt feelings, and depression were not real? What if you could wipe it all away like dust off of a T.V. screen? What would you be left with? If the upset, worry, hurt feelings etc. were “filling you up”, and you took that all away, what else would be there? Would there be anything left? In other words, are “pleasant” emotions just the absence of “negative” emotions? Is joy merely the absence of despair or sadness? Is peace due to the lack of anger or worry? Or are these states of being, of joy and peace, more than just the shortage of other emotions? I refer to joy and peace as well as the other “emotions” I’ve mentioned so far as states of being because they are more than just emotions, more than just chemicals coursing through our bodies. With each of these emotions, there is a particular energy flow, a posture, tension, awareness, focus, breath and movement; therefore they are whole body/whole person states. I am presenting you the idea that we are filled with all emotions, all the time and that we have the capacity to shift from one emotion to another, like actors being able to inhabit different characters. We have the capability to pick and choose, like food at a buffet, it’s all there waiting for us, and all we have to do is focus on what we want. If you base what’s real on what you’re feeling, that state that you’re in, then it can turn out one of two ways. You can lock that state into your identity with a diagnosis or self-belief, and that becomes your only reality or you can learn to shift your state to another through using your focus, breath, energy and movement/tension and awareness.
Network Spinal Analysis (NSA) helps you to become aware of your breath, energy, focus and movement/ tension, which in turn give you more capacity to shift your state. Initially, it happens without you consciously doing it, you notice that you don’t react to things the same way. After a while though, through practice, you learn to shift your state consciously. This is very empowering and it allows you to better weather any storm that you are going through as well as experience more of what you want in your life and if
you’re anything like me, you’ll want more joy, peace, love, compassion and courage. I think this is the true definition of happiness, the ability to shift states in the moment and stay connected within to the things that matter most to you. And this is the gift of NSA. One of our practice members used to come in quite worried, anxious and tense over what was going on in her life. She was part of the government cutbacks/ layoffs recently and she didn’t know what she was going to do if she was to lose her job. This situation was really challenging her beliefs about herself, her life plan, and her needs of security and stability. With regular entrainments, she started seeing herself in a different light, she was able to see herself apart from her job, strong and independent. She soon found out that she did indeed lose her job but with her newfound sense of self and connection, she was able to turn herself around and actually strike out on a new path of selfemployment and creativity! “Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.” ~ Tony Robbins If you are interested in learning more, please visit www.thehappyspine.ca. Dr. Tony Sandorfi has been serving the National Capital Region for 16 years with devoted passion. He continues to help thousands of people create the change they want and get the most out of their lives.
Your True Self
Channeled by Lisa Virtue
o know who we truly are seems to be the question of the day. It is this search that drives many of us in our quest for enlightenment. But what is it we are truly seeking? What is this true self of which we speak? The true self by definition is that which is not false. Many people come to recognize things that feel false in their lives. When how they feel inside does not align with their actions. So this is how they distinguish having a true self. It is because they are feeling a disconnect. The true self is what feels right. It is what feels good to you. When you think about something and everything feels in alignment. So how do you know what this true self is? At first you come to recognize it from what it is not. And I suggest you can use those, then, to determine what the opposite is, to assist in finding the truth. So determining your true self is a feeling process. It has been a lifetime of input, which you’ve accepted, that has led you away from living fully as this true self. Now while the true self of your pure essence is always there (it has never left) you may have disguised it, hidden it, and layered over it with any number of things. Why is it important to uncover this true self? When you are feeling in alignment with your true self, you have a feeling of great joy, peace, and acceptance of what is in the world, and experiences around you. You are authentic in your expression, there is nothing hidden, nothing left behind. Honest and pure is what defines this. It can feel like a great weight has been taken off of you when that which has accumulated is released or healed. Living as your authentic, or true self, is you fully expressing who you are from a place of knowing and self-acceptance without fear of recrimination. Being alive and living the experience that is unique to you. Owning that, being that, loving that. This is why people are now becoming more interested in the “alternative practices”. It is through this energetic and feeling way of discovering their truth that seems most accessible. Living in that way feels good. There is no hesitation. Living in our truth, we find ourselves with compassion and greater understanding of others and their particular conditions. We come to know that life is more integrated than we imagined, by knowing who we are. I encourage this journey of self “re-discovery”. For people living in this way en masse would create great changes to help bring better feeling to the planet in our
pain weight loss diabetes insomnia neuralgia PMS anxiety menopause stiffness hypotension chronic headaches immune boosting painful menstruation joint pain circulation problems digestive issues increased energy
medium . healer . teacher
experiences. So take those strides to peel the layers of accumulation away to reveal your light within. It is my journey now to assist others in re-discovering their truth, their light. To facilitate this shedding of that which feels false, and enable them to live their greatest, highest, best truth in integrity. It is my honour to serve that purpose. If you feel called to join me in a session, a workshop or an event that calls to your heart as a possibility for unravelling some of your layers, I would be honoured to fulfil that purpose for you. Please contact me at 613-296-4271 lisa@lisavirtue. com Facebook.com/LisaVirtue01 or www.LisaVirtue. com I honour the light within you as a reflection as well of the light within me. May we all shine brightly. Lisa Virtue is an energy healer, medium, channel and teacher.
insomnia chronic pain infertility migraines sciatica stress ﬁbromyalgia back pain arthritis chemotherapy side effects depression bells palsy hypertension athletic injuries cancer
Lisa .Virtue .
CTCMPAO certiﬁed Acupuncturist sliding scale pricing
Centretown Massage & Acupuncture Clinic
www.centretownmassage.com (613) 282 0521
Tone Magazine email@example.com www.tone.ca 613-435-TONE
Mailing address : Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1