November 2017, Vol. 33, #3, Priceless
Magazine www.facebook.com/tonemagazine www.tone.ca A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 30 years
November is Spinal Health Month 1911 Spine 1991 Spine
Check out pages 2, 3, 30 & 31 For more info on Spinal Health
2 BEECHWOOD AVE, UNIT 103, OTTAWA 613-746-8821 SPATHERAPIEMATNIK.COM
NEW INNOVATIVE ETHICAL TWIST ON DONATION
NO ongoing fees, NO long exhaustive campaigns, NO pleading for money. Free Information Session every WED, 7:00 pm, City View Retirement, 151 Meadowlands Dr W. Contact: (613) 862-4717 ~ crowdfundingmyway.com/tone
Reaching the Back Through Our Feet Written by Alexis Nicol
ince this month we are talking about the spine I thought I’d give you a little insight as to how a foot reflexology treatment can be helpful when dealing with the spinal reflexes. While working on someone’s feet using this gentle method of complementary healing I am rarely disappointed in my client’s reactions. The areas where the spinal reflexes exist are especially important as they connect us to every part of the body via the central nervous system which runs along and through the spinal column. From the tip of your toes to the top of your head I get to stimulate the reflexes in your feet that have most likely been waiting far too long for to be so gently awakened. During a treatment you (the client) and therapist will work together to pinpoint areas of discomfort or that are in need of balancing. Combining reflexology with the loving energy of Reiki is an amazing way to receive this beautiful and noninvasive treatment. Not only can it bring about healing, it offers one improved circulation, stress relief and relaxation. Many people are unaware of the fact that this combination of treatments is not only for those with everything intact but also those where a part is missing. When a client has had something removed, such as a
gallbladder, appendix, tonsils, kidney and even digits or limb(s) we are still able to work on these areas. It also works on past traumas, surgeries and phantom pain. I often have clients that comment that it is sensitive in a reflex point that corresponds to the exact location where they have previously incurred a trauma. I strongly believe in the use of reflexology and/or Reiki, because I have seen and experienced personally that they help one heal on all levels, spiritual, mental, emotional and physical. I hope you’ll give it a try. Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She incorporates Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
Tone Magazine’s November theme: Spinal Care & Therapy
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. November 2017 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Regaining Spinal Health
What are some of the physical requirements of the body for Spinal Health?
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
egardless of what we are doing to get out of pain or feel better, are there any particular needs of the body • Relief of Physical pain structure that are essential to regain our health....?? Are • Increased Energy there some changes that are common to all modalities? & Mental Clarity This short explanation wants to mention some of the physical changes I see over and over again as the pain • Deep Relaxation and discomfort that clients originally report to me, dissolves. For appointment and more information call What are some of the underlying physical factors Joah Bates, D.O. (UK) for a healthy spine? Every year I am becoming more convinced that when a person’s hips regain 613-742-0011 their inherent structural balance, and this alignment Over 25 years experience is maintained for at least 3 weeks, the mystery of healing takes place. This is called “LEVEL HIPS” in my language. not possible for 1 bone to be out of position without it Most people who come for a consultation are suﬀering aﬀecting and being aﬀected by all the other bones! from some kind of physical pain somewhere in the Perhaps this helps explain the finding that when body——often in the spine, feet, lower back, shoulder, we have the “Level Hips” for the required 3 weeks neck and or head. What I keep noticing again and again minimum, we have a happy spine carried by a much is that their pelvic hip bones are misaligned. much happier person. It is extremely rare for me ever to see anyone in any Some other essential ingredients in the mix include pain who has the “Level Hips” designation. the correct alignment of the knees, which are themselves The spine and the length of the legs is inextricably strongly influenced by the arches of both feet and connected to the “Level Hips” concept. When the legs vice versa. The knees and the feet also directly aﬀect are of diﬀerent lengths, the hips are usually pushed out the pelvic balance, and thus our spinal health, in my of position, as we walk and move around. Where is the opinion. connection between the pelvis and the spine? The 2 Hip As the structural balance of the body returns, “LEVEL bones form each side of the pelvis, meeting at the front. HIPS”, all health systems seem to function more At the back is a triangular bone, point downwards, eﬃciently, and pains and aches of all sizes disappear, called the sacrum. The sacrum fits into the back parts most of the time within a few weeks. As the body of each hip bone forming 2 meeting places that have Temple works better so our overall health improves the ability to move. These places are called joints. So? and this helps our individual spiritual practices to reach The sacrum is intimately attached to the bottom of the fruition. lower spine, like a mother and daughter. This first part of the spine also fits directly into the one above it. This For any comments or questions, please contact Joah type of connection is maintained between all of the Bates, 613 742 0011. Biodynamic Osteopathy spinal parts or segments up until the top of the neck/ bottom of the head. This means that when the hips rotate the spine will www.wateruniverse.ca become twisted into an “S” shape, from head to pelvis, to a greater or lesser extent, instead of the vertical line, as it should be normally, when viewed from behind. The twisted spine aﬀects many of the nerves entering and leaving the spine and Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles thus creates much of our pain and Water related products, Purification & treatment systems discomfort on many levels. This is a long winded way of 911 Richmond Rd. Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 pointing out how all these structures Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8 email: firstname.lastname@example.org are completely aﬀected by each other, I sometimes think that it is Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc(owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
Giving and Receiving
One of the hypnotherapy techniques that I use in my practice and that I learned from a South American shaman is related to giving and ift giving is an art form. For it receiving. Essentially it is about s to be meaningful it needs to be keeping all the wonderful traits s s e lln done with compassion, sensitivity and “gold nuggets” that you have we smokin and wisdom. Some cultures actually received from family, friends, frui delay the opening of the gift and teachers, etc. while simultaneously make a ritual ceremony out of the “composting” all the worthless, xie ty transferring of the unopened gift to meaningless thoughts, feelings and self the receiver. traits that you have received from -esteem them. They do not have to know that t The surprise gleaned from weigh you are transforming the “garbage” receiving the contents of the gift is into useful material. In summary, then a second chance to enjoy this COUNSELLING, COACHING giving and receiving event. & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE you keep the good stuff and compost the bad stuff. Many people give a receiver Richard M. Haney Most people believe that Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist something that they themselves forgiveness is something you do would like. It is important that the (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 towards another. Every single gift be something that the receiver Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. book, thoughtful discussion, or either needs, wants, or would www.ottawahypnosis.com presentation on forgiveness strongly welcome. It is amazing how often www.ottawacounselling.com indicates that it is only possible to people forget this very important forgive oneself. Basically, it is about principle. our own willingness to be “for giving up” something There is a very harmful societal belief that is rampant that we have been doing that is hurtful or bad for throughout our culture: “Give, give, give...until it hurts.” ourselves or others. You cannot forgive others. You can I have seen many people’s lives destroyed by this way only forgive yourself. of giving. What I suggest to friends and partners in
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2017 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com email@example.com
healing is to let your giving and receiving be roughly equal over time. A person can give without limit as long as they can receive without limit. This means that a person is neither “selfish” nor “selfless”. They are acting on the basis of “enlightened self-interest”. They understand that a person can love another only to the level that they themselves are loved. They understand that love is an inter-active process. It needs a sender, a receiver, and true empathy.
“He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he/she himself/herself must pass” - George Herbert Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation) Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Head Massage For Women or Children Carve out well-deserved “me time” Enjoy relaxation with possible health benefits By appointment only, Marie Smith, B.A. B.Ed. Certified Practitioner, IHM @ email@example.com
Mindfulness Meditation Tips for Beginners
n our busy lives, meditation and mindfulness have become increasingly popular topics. There are so many benefits to be gained through meditation, but beginners often struggle to develop a meditation practice. There is a lot of confusion around the simple, but challenging, practice of meditation. A few tips can make a significant difference. Meditate more effectively and enjoy greater benefits: 1. You don’t need anything to meditate. It can be nice to have a proper cushion, loose fitting clothing, and a quiet location. However, you don’t need any of those things. You can meditate on the bus in your three-piece suit. You always have everything you need with you to meditate properly. 2. Start with mindful breathing. Other forms of meditation can require higher levels of focus and discipline. Arguably, mindful breathing is the most valuable form of meditation. Simply focus on your breathing. When your mind wanders, gently bring your focus back to your breath. 3. Move if you need to. That doesn’t mean to squirm around in your seated position. Get up and talk a walk instead. Be mindful in your walking. Ideally, you can find a peaceful location where you can still focus on your breath, free from the worry of being run over by a car. The more distractions you have, the more challenging it will be. 4. Use a timer. Suppose you plan to meditate for 15 minutes. It can be very distracting to wonder how much time is left. So, you peek at the clock and mentally calculate how much time is left. Use a timer instead and keep your attention where it belongs. 5. Be gentle. Meditation isn’t about forcing yourself to concentrate with tremendous effort. Meditation gives energy. It doesn’t take energy from you. Use gentle, persistent attention. You’ll be more successful and enjoy the process much more.
6. Add time to your meditation practice slowly. Avoid pushing yourself. Five minutes is a good start. Adding a few minutes each week. A long session of 30 minutes per day is a worthwhile goal to work up to. Meditation is a subtle skill that requires time and practice. Many beginners give up before realizing the benefits that meditation provides. Make meditation one of your daily habits. It won’t take long before you consider meditation to be one of your most important activities. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
An Eucalyptus by any Other Name
t Planet Botanix, we carry five of the eucalyptus varieties. Did you know that there are actually hundreds of different types of this useful plant?! Eucalyptus in general is known to heal, clarify, purify and soothe, due to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmotic (helps with coughs) and stimulating properties. Eucalyptus globulus (aka Blue Gum) is by far the most well known. It is the scent used by spas for help clear the lungs and bring focus and clarity. It can also help in a massage for aches and pains. Eucalyptus radiata (black peppermint) has a gentler, more subtle scent. Eucalyptus citriodora (lemonscented) is a boon to bug sprays and, as expected, has a lemony eucalyptus scent. It is said to be great for treating athlete’s foot, and as a remedy for shingles. It can assist with cold sores.
Eucalyptus polybractea (Blue Mallee) is a powerful member of this family. It has great antiseptic properties. Eucalyptus Dives (peppermint eucalyptus) works like globulus, but with a hint of sparkling peppermint added! So how do you use these amazing plant materials? You can diffuse them to clear sinuses or bronchial congestion. You can use them in your bath (diluted) for the same purpose, and to bring the spa experience home. You can add them to a salve to help relieve chest congestion or muscle soreness-the possibilities are endless! Come visit us to experience the scents of eucalypi and dozens more essential oils! ©2017 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St near Somerset. She gives workshops on creating natural bodycare and has been creating natural bodycare for over years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic. www.planetbotanix.com
Sacred Stalker: Part Two
Ian Prattis knew I had to emerge from the swamp I had created. The deadly sea voyage was the signal for me to embark on an intense spiritual journey. They were not my hands on the wheel. It took me a long time to realize that it was none other than Trailing Sky who saved my life at that instance – and on many other occasions. It was no accident that on my return to Canada after the brutal sea voyage I first met White Eagle Woman at an elders gathering. She beckoned me over, looked me right in the eye and told me that she did not like me at all. Quite an introduction! She had been instructed by her ancestors to train me and it began straight away with an eight day vision quest. Her blunt introduction was a prelude to a thirty year period of training and healing under her guidance. She became a spiritual mentor and directed the shamanic process of my healing from childhood sexual abuse. This allowed the mosaic of the past to reveal itself. She also identified Trailing Sky for me and then taught me how to create a medicine wheel in my mind with a circle at the sacred centre. That was the location where I could dialog with Trailing Sky. I also met a Rishi – a holy man from India who recognized me and insisted I go to India for spiritual training. I took leave from my university and spent two years as a yogi, where the spiritual treasures of India were opened to me. I also became seriously ill and knew there was a distinct possibility of death. I met this with calm and a total lack of fear. Huddled on a bed in an ashram in
Mumbai, India – I opened my eyes to see one of my swami mentors. He said: “We are so happy Ian that you have decided to die with us in India. And we will be most happy should you live.” Lying there close to death, the lack of fear provided a sense of freedom. Trailing Sky was also there – constantly. She orchestrated all the energies to keep me alive. I later learned that she was there every time my life was at risk. That must have kept her very busy!! She brought me through to safety – time after time. Trailing Sky is not an illusion, a projection that I am attached to. She is the ultimate Muse, constituting all that is now crystal clear within me. I am deeply humbled and privileged to touch this deep wisdom of transformation. She said to me, “You have transformed all that you brought in with you and suffered from, You changed course and now have freedom and alignment. The person who stumbled blindly through the first part of your life is not the Ian walking through the second part of life. In India, Arizona, France, the Canadian wilderness and around the world you went to extraordinary lengths to deal with karma. Had you not done so – I would have to wait for several more lifetimes to come through to you. There were so many severe experiences, but you responded by moving in this spiritual direction. You touched a universal thread and that allowed me to close the gap – so I could keep my promise from 1777.” The rest of my life is still a work in progress The book is available at http://www.ianprattis.com/ TrailingSky.html for an author autograph. Also on Amazon and Barnes & Noble MCKS
Improve your life through the knowledge of energy • Standardized courses & mentoring • Individual sessions • Meditations LEARN BASIC PRANIC HEALING Location: 1226A Wellington Street West
Dec 2-3, 2017 | 10:00am-6:00pm Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (by appointment only)
There Is A Way to Move Past Your Pain It is Right Here in Ottawa!
have an amazing health journey I wish to share with my friends, family and the people of Ottawa and beyond. Five years ago I had a severe back injury, which left me somewhat immobile and in extreme and constant pain for about five years. I was treated with many different modalities, but nothing would keep the pain and discomfort at bay. I could no longer do the work I loved as a Registered Massage Therapist. My heart was sinking as I became less mobile and my pain levels were escalating, arthritis was setting in, and my weight was increasing due to the lack of movement. My vision of life had been diminished to thinking I was headed for a lifetime of pain, discomfort and disability. I had dispelled any ideas of attending a gym, fitness program or yoga class for fear that my condition would worsen. Then I was coaxed into trying a class of Korean Style Yoga at the Body and Brain Healing Centre here in Ottawa. The Centre is the only one of its kind in Ottawa, teaching this style of practice. I was at the end of my rope and thought to myself, why not try, what do I have to lose? I was terrified I would be pushed into doing movements that would cause further pain or reinjury. With the gentle guidance of Master Kuam and his efficient staff, I was instructed to work within my physical limitations. Within three weeks, I already noticed changes in my flexibility, pain levels and attitude towards life. With these remarkable results, I continued to attend classes every day, seven days a week for over a year. That was one and a half years ago, and today I can touch my toes, bend side to side, sit cross-legged on the floor, do push ups, all with a great feeling of joy in my heart. These are all things I never imagined I would be able to do again. The added bonus to this was losing 32 pounds and 8 inches off my waist without changing my diet. I still have a back condition, but it no longer controls my life.
Dana M. Moore
email@example.com danamoore.net 613-237-5229
Touch of Light
Restoring Body, Mind & Soul The Body & Brain Healing Centre teaches you how to access your own innate healing ability, physically, mentally and spiritually. This is a journey that leads one to a life of health, happiness and peace, which is something every person on the planet deserves. My heartfelt gratitude goes to Master Kuam, all the staff and supportive members at the Body & Brain Healing Centre, for I truly have my life back again. The Body and Brain Healing Centre has 2 locations in Ottawa, for more information: https://www.bodyandbrainhealing.com
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, RRC, CRC
383 Parkdale Ave, Suite 105 Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4R4 613 736 5200 firstname.lastname@example.org www.inlineclinic.ca
email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
NEW CLINIC LOCATION (Formerly known as Sunrise Wellness Centre) PRACTITIONERS AND SERVICES: Dr. Karim Guirguis, DC: o
Chiropractic, Deep Tissue Laser Therapy, Applied Kinesiology, NAET, Orthotics
Sho Takeda, RMT: o
Massage Therapy, Shiatsu
Clinical Hypnotherapy, Gestalt and Art Therapy
Razi G. Farahani, GEST, C.Ht:
Maha Mansour, DHOM: o Homeopathy
CALL NOW TO BOOK AN INITIAL APPOINTMENT!
2 Beechwood Ave, Unit 103, Ottawa, ON K1L 8L9 Phone: 613-746-8821
We use 100% Natural Organic Shea Butter for Massage Therapy and Hot Stone Massage and we use Natural Body Sugaring & Body Exfoliation products. Matnik Therapeutic Spa is a Health and Wellness Spa providing Best in Class Massage Therapy sessions, Body Sugaring and Waxing in Ottawa. We offer a wide variety of natural organic products and Holistic services to enhance the beauty of your skin AND Heal your Body & Soul! Enjoy a pure organic Himalayan Crystal Salt foot and hand soak with your beautifying Manicure and Pedicure treatment. (Bio Gel available) Other services include: facials for all skin types, micro-dermabrasion, Electrolysis, Energy healing, Aromatherapy, Acupressure and more. 25% off on Mondays for select services! Please call.
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
or the past eleven years I’ve have been on a path of personal growth because I had finally realized that if I wanted to grow my business, I had to grow myself along with it. You see, your net-worth is equal to your self-worth and when you work on your “inner world”, your “outer world” will take shape as you envision it. One of the big issues that keeps people from going after their dreams is the fear of the Future. FEAR stands for Future Event Appearing Real. Fear stops people dead in their tracks because we tend to pay attention to all the stories that keep running in our heads. On average we have about 9,000 thoughts a day and most of them are not supportive of anything other than keeping you in your present state of being. My challenge was to break that cycle and to start focusing on the positive side of What if. What if I did succeed once I put this plan into motion? What if I did attain my goals? What if I did have the resources to make this plan a reality? What if I did make that call or book that appointment with that prospect? What if, because of you taking action today, you did attain your goal? How would you feel? How would that impact your family and your business? How would that change your life? I can tell you that it feels wonderful going for it and achieving your goal. I can also tell you that you will have butterflies through this whole process because you will be coming out of your comfort zone. And that is the whole point; you are in that place today because it’s comfortable being there. The road to success is not easy and, as you will find out, the rewards are gratifying. What if you went for it? Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawa-based Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation.
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Riverside Acupuncture & Wellness Center
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness
Steve (Eun Kyu) Ryu, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: What does it mean to establish the Kingdom of Heaven on earth?
Visit www.srichinmoy.org for further writings by Sri Chinmoy
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106
• Infertility • IVF Support For appointments call • Menopausal Syndrome 613-863-6906 • Women's Health www.freewebs.com/newlifeacu • Allergies • Pain Relief www.acupunctureottawa.com Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
Depression & Acupuncture By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
epression is a medical illness that involves the mind and body, affecting how a person feels, thinks and behaves. It is characterized by low moods and a loss of interest or pleasure in normally enjoyable activities. Other symptoms may include preoccupation or over-thinking, irritability or frustration, feelings of worthlessness or guilt, poor concentration and memory, withdrawal from social situations, reduced sex drive, and insomnia, as well as fatigue, headaches, digestive problems, reduced appetite (or in some cases increased appetite), and an agitated or lethargic behaviour. Although the causes are still not yet fully understood, a variety of factors are believed to be involved. These include biological differences (people with depression appear to have physical changes in their brains), the levels of certain neurotransmitters in the brain, the body’s balance of hormones, genetics, early childhood trauma, and major life events such as the loss of a loved one or high stress. The most common treatments for depression are psychotherapy, anti-depressant medication, and electroconvulsive therapy, used only as a last resort. Acupuncture is an excellent option for the treatment of depression, as it is very effective in both relieving the symptoms and in resolving the condition with continued treatments, and without negative side effects. Chinese medicine (TCM) takes a much different approach to depression and focuses much more on the overall functioning of the body and how the various organs and systems are working in relation to each other. According to TCM, there are different causes and mechanisms for depression in different people. For some people it has to do with mental-emotional causes such as continued stress, frustration or worry. Other factors can be either too much or too little exercise and activity. Or it may be due to other diseases in the body, or age or body type. In others it may be faulty diet or lifestyle factors.
SRI CHINMOY: First, we have to know what we mean by Heaven. Heaven is a plane of divine Consciousness. The Kingdom of Heaven is within us. It is our own inner achievement—our aspiration, our mounting inner cry— that leads us to this Kingdom of Heaven. We feel it when we reside deep within ourselves and when we transcend our egocentric individual consciousness. Heaven is where you get joy, peace, love and harmony in boundless measure. This is what we mean when we use the term ‘Heaven’. Heaven is inside your soul. Where is your soul? Your soul is inside your heart. Each time we do something good, we are creating a divine atmosphere around us. If each and every one can offer good thoughts to the world, the atmosphere becomes divinely pure; it increases its divinity. But our very nature is to see the negative side and feed the negative side in our life. Always we are dividing everything with our desiremind. But when we use our heart, today we are uniting and tomorrow we are expanding our limited self. If we do not unite, we cannot expand. Division is not satisfaction, but in union we become satisfied. We have to start right from the beginning to have good thoughts. As soon as we see someone, we have to think of seeing that person with good thoughts. Not only that, but right from the morning we have to think of ourselves as good human beings. When you get up in the morning, forget about yesterday. If yesterday you did something wrong, forget about it. If you did something good yesterday, then immediately do something better. Always we have to look within to see whether we can build something divine, illumining and fulfilling. If we see that we could not do it in the morning or in the afternoon, let us try in the evening. When we have these ideas in our mind, in our waking consciousness, then we are bound to make the fastest progress towards creating Heaven inside ourselves, towards manifesting Divinity here on earth.
Learn to “Unfold the Mystery” with Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness To receive training in her inspiring Spiritpainting method, register at www.spiritpainting.com
For this reason, it is important to be committed to the healing process, to be patient with our body as it takes time to heal, and to expect some bumps along the way as we are faced with life’s stresses. Typically with acupuncture a series of treatments is needed, on a regular schedule over the course of a few months to achieve lasting results. While depression can be a disabling condition which adversely affects a person’s family, work or school life, sleeping and eating habits, and general health, there is hope that we can regain both our health and our happiness.
Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
4 Simple Rules to Hypnotic Weight Loss
umber 3, I’m gonna unpackage number three for you. Number three is eat consciously. Most people that I know, myself formerly included, would eat completely unconsciously. What do I mean by this? Most people who come into my office think they’re coming to be hypnotized, because I am the hypnotist, right? In actual fact, most of the time I’m de-hypnotizing people, because they’re already in a trance. It’s a pretty shitty trance, that’s limiting your life and causing some kind of suffering. So protocol number three is eat consciously. It’s turning the unconscious process of eating into a conscious process. Most people that have a problem with eating, emotional eating, with weight, they focus on food all the time, except for when they’re eating. Well, they might be focusing on what they’re gonna eat later or what they’ll do later, but they’re not focusing on the food that’s in their mouth at that time. So it’s taking away the joy from it. So whatever you’re eating, whether it be something healthy or what we’re told is healthy, broccoli, vegetables, whatever. Or whether
“I Can Make YouStop Stop Smoking in One Hour”Hour” Can Make You Smoking in One
If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
it’s a piece of cheesecake, whether it’s a Frappuccino, enjoy the hell out of it. Chew it 20 to 30 times, whatever the food is. Put your knife and fork down in between every bite. If it’s a smoothie or it’s a drink, take a sip, mouthful, put it down. Then repeat, 20 to 30 times. But chew the food 20 to 30 times so it becomes that liquid in your mouth. Always leave a bit of food on the plate. Now, I don’t know if you’re like me and you were brought up by well-meaning parents, but I was brought up by wellmeaning parents that tried to put me in the Clean Plate Club. What’s the Clean Plate Club? It goes a bit like this. It’s a seed or a suggestion that’s planted from a very early age, where it’s like, “Oh, you got to eat all your food on your plate so you can grow up and be big and strong.” Or “You got to eat food on your plate so the kids in Africa are not gonna die ‘cause they’re starving.” I had all this growing up, and most of my clients have had it, and by well-meaning parents or guardians most of the time. And really what that is, is a suggestion that they’re putting in our head, or a seed at a very young age, where it’s not okay to leave food on our plate. Because I won’t grow up and be big and strong, or someone’s gonna die in another country that you’ve never met before. There’s no evidence to prove
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 email@example.com 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location this, but we’re told from a kid and we forget about that suggestion and we operate it, hence why a lot of people have this necessity to eat all the food on their plate, even though they started to feel satisfied about half way into the plate. So all still part of number three, protocol number three, eating consciously. Leave some food on the plate. What does that mean? Does that mean you have to waste it and throw it away? No, you can eat it later when you’re hungry. You can give it to your animal, to your dog, probably not the cat if she’s a bit fat. Oh no, she’s okay. She’ll bite me later to tell me off, you see? Or you give it to a loved one or something, but just leave a bit of food on the plate, because what you’re doing is you’re training your unconscious mind, the bit we’re working with, the bit that controls all this emotional eating anyways. It’s okay for me to leave some food on the plate and nothing bad happens. My mum and dad don’t call me up as an add-on and be like, “Oh I just saw on your video that you left food on your plate. I’m gonna come by and ground you for a week.” No. No one cares, you’re the only one that’s keeping score. So leave some food on the plate. If it’s appropriate, close your eyes when you eat. What does that do? Science has shown us in studies that people who close their eyes when it’s appropriate, when it’s safe, when you eat tend to eat about 50% less simply by closing their eyes, because most people when
it comes to overeating have a very visual strategy. So what you do is you take out the visual cortex once you know what your food is, and you just become gustatory, and it’s focused on that sense of taste or olfactory smell. It knocks out the main sense, and people tend to find they eat far less when they close their eyes. Here’s the most important one, in number three, and that is when you eat, eat consciously. Close your book. Turn off the internet. Put down your cell phone. Close the tablet. Turn off the TV. Turn off the loud crazy music that you crazy kids listen to, and just be present, just be mindful, just be in the now when you’re eating. It has a very powerful effect. If you’re gonna eat, whatever you’re gonna eat, at least be mindful, be present, meditate on that food and enjoy the hell out of it with no distractions. Here’s an interesting thing. 40, 50 years ago, the average meal would take a minimum 20 minutes to eat, sometimes 30, 40 minutes to eat a meal that was probably a lot less than we’re eating now. Now we scarf down all this food rather rapidly, because we’re multitasking. We’re updating our Facebook, we’re replying to that text, we’re going on the OK Cupid and seeing if we’ve got any love matches. We’re doing all those things all the time, and that food that probably would have taken us 20 to 40 minutes 50 years ago, to eat less of this food, now we eat in five minutes because we’re always in a rush, being pulled, distracted in multiple directions. So stop it. Stop the sound. Stop the nonsense. When you eat, that’s all you do. And enjoy the hell out of it. It’s all right to eat, so you better well frigging enjoy it when you do it. So switch off all the distractions. Part 4 will be in the next issue of Tone Always Believe, Luke Michael Howard PhD, Clinical Hypnotist Toronto Hypnosis www.LUKEnosis.com
Free Laughter Yoga Classes! November 13 & 27, December 11 @ Le Patro Community Centre 40 Cobourg St., Ottawa, 7 - 8 pm.
All are welcome. We laugh for Health and Happiness For more info call Petra @ 343.883.0608 or visit us on Facebook Ottawa Laughter Club de Rire Ottawa http://www.laughteryoga.org/
Pathwork: When Trying Has Stopped Working
of the next Pathwork Open Lecture on Wednesday, November 29. Mary Anne Bourque will present the lecture with discussion and offer an exercise to begin applying it in our own lives. All are welcome. Join us in the exploration of this transformative work.
ou are probably aware of something in you – a divine spark – that gives you the desire to be all you can be. You may be well on your way to living the fulfilled When: Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 7 to 9 pm life you envision. And Where: Saint Paul yet you may be noticing University, 233 Main a part of you that subtly Street. Follow the signs resists this fulfillment in to the room. spite of growth in many Suggested donation: $5 Open Lecture areas of your life. for members, $15 for In noticing this myself, Discussions 2017-18 nonmembers – to help I have recently been with room rental costs Saint Paul University wondering about the For more information: phrase, thinking outside 233 Main St, follow signs to room contact Jean at the box. What would it firstname.lastname@example.org look like if I applied it to Nov 29/17, Jan 17/18, Feb 21, Mar 21, or 613-829-1254 a place in my life where Apr 18, May 16, 7 to 9 pm I felt stuck in this way? Pathwork lectures When I land back in this are available for free Suggested donation, $15 ~ $5 for members place where the voices Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 download from www. inside tell me “things pathwork.org All welcome will never change, no Mary Anne Bourque is a matter how hard I try”, Palliative Care Chaplain I am convinced this is Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org and a Pathwork Helper how it will always be. I in the Ottawa area. end up in defeat. This is where I stay, accepting it as fate - a fainter voice inside saying it could be different but I’m too focused on the familiar voice to hear the other. Could this be experienced in a totally different way? My old way has been to avoid it by convincing myself I really didn’t want it - denying what I really desire. Pathwork Lecture 222: The Transformation of the Lower Self encourages us to actually look more closely at this negative voice that rules our way of thinking in certain areas of our lives, to search inward with an attitude of finding the truth, with an inquiring mind open to transforming this negative energy. Imagine taking this energy that keeps us stuck and turning it around into a positive energy that actually brings an attitude of yes “to the meaning of life, to beauty, love, truth, expansion joy and peace.” Not only do we release the misconception that nothing can be done, but we begin to see this stuckness as exactly where our way to freedom begins. “Within us there is a movement that embraces life, that affirms life, that wants that which is divine. And there is a countermovement that denies it all”. It is this countermovement – in Pathwork terms, Lower Self – that makes us a victim. Our task is to transform that which denies our living fully. The lecture illuminates and offers guidance about how to begin this transformation process. It is the subject
Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758
3 Things to Remember in Turbulent Times by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
here are three things to remember during these turbulent days. The first is that we are eternal and no matter what happens we are safe as we return to Source. The second is that nobody can tell us what our truth is unless we allow them to. And thirdly, if we take the time to look within we will find the answers that we need. Why are these three things the most important right now? At this timing, Earth is experiencing an influx of energetic support for our collective evolution. These beings are here because as a global community we have asked for support time and time again, and this means that our human race has been awakened to know that we are united at every atom of our existences and expressions. However, these beings are varied, and they do not serve as our saviour, and they will not rescue us. They do not come because we are helpless to help ourselves or others. They are support. Our own inner, core Spirit is the true centre of our being, first and foremost. This is where truth resides and nowhere else.
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
Are you participating with your ascension? I specialize in freeing you from stubborn, limiting patterns. 12-dimensional clearing healing the root cause. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
This is the time to be sure that if we are looking externally for answers to ourselves we may find that we are being misdirected. We may find that we are being centred in deception, or moving in a direction that does not resonate. So this is not stated to create fear, but to understand that developing our own inner awareness and ability to discern truth is what brings us into spiritual maturity and mastery. This is what we are all learning to put into expression so that we can choose God-Source, especially when the unexpected enters our lives. For the rest of the article visit www.MelindaUrban.com 17 yrs. experience: intuitively integrating ascension education, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vibrational vocal healing & multi-dimensional ascension clearing intelligently purposed for Indigos/Starseeds, young and older. Copyright 2017 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
DIRECTORY • Akashic Records
• Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers
MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or email@example.com. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount.
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/patriciavlacroix SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE: naturopathic doctor, healing groups, weekly meditation, nature programs, retreats, natural products, workshop and therapy spaces in beautiful nature 35 min NW of Ottawa. www.ecowellness.com, 613-839-1198
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Consistent, accurate, clinical results; food, supplements.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
DIRECTORY • Astrology
JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and over 30 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, email@example.com INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org ASTROADVICE.CA – Enjoy Free Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Astrology Horoscopes. Order Your Personalized Reading and Get Your Questions Answered. Visit AstroAdvice.ca CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email email@example.com
• Aura Healing RELEASING PAIN AT THE SOURCE. Home visit. Beau, 613-422-5606
SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613-415-1139 marieamram. firstname.lastname@example.org
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
RENOVATED CHURCH with attached Spa: Use of Hot tubs, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas included in B&B price. Massage/Reiki available. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist firstname.lastname@example.org or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, email@example.com or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Bette@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-722-4249. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 email@example.com
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minute Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Children ICU-INSPIRING CHILDREN UNIVERSALLY – Learning to read blindfolded consciously connects children connect to their Spirit to become happier, confident & academically successful – Karen Osborne - email@example.com www.ascensionhealing.ca.
• Chinese Medicine FOR A MORE YOUTHFUL AND BEAUTIFUL YOU. Using acupuncture and the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, this relaxing and comfortable treatment lifts and tones facial muscles, reduces sagging, puffy skin, reduces wrinkles and lines, under eye circles, broken capillaries, gives and natural healthy glow by keeping the body healthy from the inside out. Also experience better overall health, improved energy, calmer mood and a feeling of well-being. Kecia Lee R.Ac 613-282-6217
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
DIRECTORY • Coaching ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636.
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 firstname.lastname@example.org ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com
SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe, supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 email@example.com CECILIA TAIANA Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416. PAMELA HOLM, Registered Psychotherapist, Cert. Music Therapist. Expressive and receptive methods of healing. Spiritually oriented. Children through seniors. Range of issues and conditions. www.DeepSoulSinging.com and Deep Soul Energetics. 613-829-1556. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties.
DIRECTORY Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com
• Crystals CRYSTAL SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS | 2-Yr Training in Crystal-Shamanic Healing: evolved training in the ancient arts | Karen Osborne | firstname.lastname@example.org | 613470-1888 | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781.
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Care NURSING FOOT CARE - IN HOME OR IN CLINIC. Sterilized individually packaged tools, best practices in clinical assessment, infection control, privacy and technologies. Pampered Mani/Pedi, advanced & diabetic Most insurance up to 80% & Veterans 100% SoftSoles.ca 613-621-0012 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com
DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified
CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Screen for toxic metals & nutritional deficiencies.
ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987 ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui
• Gum Disease
• Hair Analysis
HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: email@example.com
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healer INTUITIVE HEALING SPECIALIST NOW IN OTTAWA Physical, Mental, Psychological, Emotional, Past lives, Body, Mind, Spirit, Soul cleanse, Fears, Pain management. email@example.com 613 821 4809
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-5651919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
BOWEN THERAPI Bowen Therapy Helps Integrate Emotional Healing
In this article, certified bilingual Bowenwork practitioner Francine Ryan describes how a Bowen Therapy session complemented an intensive heart healing retreat.
n August 2017, Francine attended a powerful and transformative retreat entitled “Open to Love” led by Evolution of the Heart facilitators Bill and Patricia Clum. The three day retreat focused on opening the heart, supporting participants in their efforts to bring deep fears and emotions into awareness. The day after the retreat ended, Francine was approached by another retreat participant and occasional Bowen Therapy client for a session. While Francine was delighted to comply with the request, she was unprepared for how intensely her client’s body would respond to Bowenwork after three days of resolving some heart wounding and releasing resistance.
Francine observed how deeply the client’s body embraced the re-balancing process. For example, the waiting time between sets of moves is typically two to five minutes to give the muscles time to relax and to allow the nervous system to process the signals. With this client, the waiting time for processing extended to ten minutes,
ISTS OF OTTAWA and occasionally fifteen minutes. In fact, the client responded throughout the session with a greater ease of flow and deeper connection than experienced previously. The increased receptivity was more impressive because this client only receives Bowen Therapy treatments two or three times a year when she visits Ottawa. There was no frequency of Bowenwork sessions to account for her body’s release and ease. In all her years of practicing Bowen Therapy, Francine rarely witnessed such a profound impact on a client. As a result of the client’s retreat experience, her heart was more open which enabled her body to more effectively receive and connect with its own needs and desires. The client’s response to the Bowen Therapy session was that “it helped ground and balance my body and emotions after such an intense weekend.” She felt “more integrated” and “ready to get on a plane and re-enter my life.” This client’s experience demonstrates how a Bowen Therapy session can assist the physical body to integrate emotional healing, and to reinforce the mind-body connection. Bowenwork can increase vitality, emotional balance and enhance one’s ability to meet life with grace and resilience. About Bowen Therapy Bowen Therapy, trademarked as Bowenwork and Bowtech - the Original Bowen Technique, is a whole body, hands-on soft tissue therapy with specific procedures that target a long list of issues. Precise gentle moves send signals to the central nervous system and indirectly to the autonomic nervous system via muscle proprioceptors and afferent nerves. The light, gentle touch is suitable for newborns and children, adults, elderly, athletes and pregnant women. There’s a Bowenwork practitioner near you. See the business cards on this page, or refer to the list of practitioners in the pinned post at Facebook.com/BowenTherapyOttawaRegion
DIRECTORY • Herbalism THE BEST OF NATURE’S CERTIFIED HERBALIST, Miranda V Martel. Herbal Services: Herbal Spa treatments, Consultations for Balancing Health, Workshops, Walks and Remedies www. thebestofnature.ca Call: 705-561-5365 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
obsessive-compulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www.graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 firstname.lastname@example.org JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com.
SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage
BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca
THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt,
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. firstname.lastname@example.org (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808
DIRECTORY INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: email@example.com
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. HERBAL MASSAGE Lætitia Béguin RMT, ND, herbologist. Pain, nervous system, skin disorder. 39 Dalhousie, Aylmer www.herbesspa.ca. (819) 332-4048
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or email@example.com or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Lotus Born Wellness Centre: 1226A Wellington W. WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Weekly mindfulness practice, discussion & tea.
• Metabolic Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Monitor your health with saliva & urine analysis.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
DIRECTORY • Nature Programs CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Ridgewoods preschool; summer & PD day camps
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, email@example.com CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Dr. Marcin Padlewski N.D. general practice; monthly patient groups with Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. Hair analysis, food & supplement testing, metabolic test.
• Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Organic Bedding CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Volunteer opportunities & share produce
• Organic Gardening CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail email@example.com and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
CATHERINE BASTEDO, HOLOGRAPHIC-USUI & KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, RT-CRA, ICRT. Personalized classes in English or French; Reiki Master/ Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Spiritual Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com 819-918-3436. email@example.com MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com
ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Bodycentered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org
LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 email@example.com www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Reiki Master. 1 hour Circa 1894 Day Spa visit included in treatment price. Lanark. 613-259-9988. Circa1894.ca DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com HOLY FIRE REIKI treatments and courses with Martha St. Pierre. 613-422-7286; ladymjs50@ hotmail.com; holyfirereikiottawa.ca
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with firstname.lastname@example.org
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. email@example.com or 613-355-1832 RUPERT- Occult self help sliding scaletarot i ching and various oracles past lives,divining and shaping the future astrology, GBLTT counselling, homeopathic aphrodisiacs -frigidity and impotence schizophrenia. email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. email@example.com CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Supervised or selfdirected retreats in beautiful countryside, yurt, cabin or tents. CHARMING RURAL RETREAT COTTAGE NEAR WAKEFIELD. Couples/individuals. Clean, equipped. Year round. Minimum one month. For details text 819-328-3705.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Shamanism CRYSTAL-SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Training in Crystal Shamanic-Healing: evolved training in the ancient Arts | Karen Osborne 613-470-1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org www.ascensionhealing.ca
SELF-RENEWAL & SOUL-CARE through belief-triage subtle energy healing system by Diane Oliver, Urban-Elder 613261-1602 email@example.com. www.Dignity101.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Social Media Management NEED HELP MANAGING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA? Get customized graphics and posts for your social accounts. Grow your online presence and appear more professional online! Contact us of find out more, www.etruemedia. com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-794-3264
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
DIRECTORY • Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
HOT TUBS, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas & more. By the hour, ½ day or day. Massage/ Reiki/B&B attached. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. email@example.com 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
• Thai Massage BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Thermography Breast Imaging CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Video Promo GET A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO PROMO so you can speak face-to-face with more people at once and continue to help others on their journey while growing your business. Contact us today to learn more! www.etruemedia.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-794-3264
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 email@example.com
CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850
GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. Learn to “UNFOLD THE MYSTERY” with Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones. To receive training in her inspiring Spiritpainting method, register at www.spiritpainting.com
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778
REV. PATRICIA ROSE. Call/Text: 613-2978960. Or visit: www.allseasonsweddings.com
SEEKING “NEW AGE” FRIENDSHIP Mature woman with physical limitations seek others for get-togethers, chats, walks, shopping, crafts, and so on. Mya 613-721-1551
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
Dignity 101: Self-Renewal & Soul Care: Beginner Learning
Your 7th sense is your “intuition” - you somehow just know something without foundation. Women are known to have this and men refer to it as a deep gut sense. The Soul is the part of you that never dies. It is the energy that feeds your life. It holds the life lessons you need to learn while on Earth. These are discovered through experience. Life is your own personal puzzle full of riddles and stories. The Soul asks that you get to know it consciously through conscious choice making. As you can see, understanding spirituality outside of religion can be a confusing mess. We have made the spiritual/subtle body so complicated it’s hard to find one place that will walk you through all of its nuances at a beginner level.
id this ever happen to you? Once when you were very relaxed, you looked up at someone and saw colours around that person? And/or you felt heat in your hands, or you heard sounds that are not of this world? You can’t help but wonder: “What is happening to me? People will think I’m crazy if I say anything or worse!” This is the natural response when your Soul starts to reveal an aspect of yourself that relates to your spirituality - stuff not taught in our religions. In the 1950’s, a Hindu Saint called Yogananda came to America to introduce yoga. A mixture of physical movements D i g n i t y 1 0 1 presents: For Women ONLY! and meditation that help connect Healing the Divine Feminine Within you to the Divine. He also spoke of “chakras”. These are spinning wheels of Light that are located along the A healing workshop spine that vibrate at higher speeds with sacred drumming & chimes than the human eye can see. Each wheel of Light has a specific frequency Sunday, November 26, 2017 and a specific meaning - there are 1:00 to 3:00 pm seven major chakras. Hinduism also East End Location embraces reincarnation - we live more than once. Pre-Registration required at Other Oriental beliefs such as by Diane Oliver, email@example.com Taoism, Buddhism, Zen and others the Urban-Shaman-Elder $50.00 (HST incl.) trickled into our culture. These are Self-Renewal & Soul Care more cause and effect, soul science based teachings. If you behave this way, you get these results. One of their methods of Hi! My name is Diane Oliver and Dignity 101 is my healing is acupuncture. This involves the healing of retirement project. I am a Native American ‘’Urban Elder”. unseen energy blockages that settle on unseen highways I have been consciously engaged in developing a relationship of streams of Light zipping at high speeds through with Great Spirit and my Soul since I was 8 years old. I have the human body, called meridians. When you have a decided to put up my shingle to help those of you who are just traumatic experience, the shock of it becomes like a knot beginning on this Soul-quest and those who seem stuck and need language of the Soul in greater depth R e to neunderstand w al & S outhe l- Care on one of the meridians. Acupuncture or any meridian-S e lfin order to continue to grow. studied homeopathy and belief-triage subtle energyI have healing system based healing, puts pressure on the knot, allowing it tothrough have practiced shamanic, 613-261-1602 meridian-based reflexology for over by Diane Oliver, Urban-Elder be released and healed. 20 years. I come from a point ofDignity101.com knowing about how energy Chakras and meridians along with the physical firstname.lastname@example.org. flows and how the subtle body works. of atoms and electrons create an electro-magnetic field I will be offering a series of healing workshops to help you that floats around the body and is contained by an auric on your way. The first is at the end of November: “For women sheath that contains your aura. Everything to do with only: Healing the Divine Feminine Within”. It offers a full the unseen energetic world tied to the body is called the picture of what spirituality is all about. In January, I will host “subtle or spiritual body”. This body and its ways are a 6-week class on making sense out of the 6th and 7th senses. the direct link to the Divine Source. Quantum physics is Hope to see you there. starting to prove all of this to be true. The subtle body has many facets. One of them relates to “psychic” abilities, your 6th sense. The word psychic comes from the Greek root word “psyche” which means “soul, spirit”. When you experience unexplainable phenomena, your Soul is trying to commune with you.
Diane Oliver Native Shaman Urban Elder dignity101.com 613-261-1602 email@example.com
The Path to Prosperity (By Rev. Roxanne Buckle, Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa)
hen we use the term prosperity in Unity, we mean spiritual well-being that manifests as harmonious relationships, radiant health, creative expression and the time and money to do and give what we deeply desire. Who doesn’t want more of this? The key is learning how to manifest these heartfelt desires. This success starts with the universal spiritual law that life is consciousness. In other words, life is truly lived from within-out which means that everything we experience is determined by our beliefs, our perspectives and the thoughts and feelings we hold in mind. In Unity, we call this the law of Mind Action. It explains why SOME people who seem to have so little in the way of material possessions can be so happy, while SOME who seem to have so much can be just miserable. In other words, what is going on outside of us in terms of the health of our relationships, finances or bodies is the actual outpicturing of what is going on inside of us. Long before the field of quantum physics was revealed, Unity co-founder Charles Fillmore described an energetic field which he termed ‘Spiritual Substance’. It is everywhere present, pervades all things, and inspires us to action. It underlies all manifestation and as the Spiritual essence, it is the living energy out of which everything is made. Since life is consciousness, this means everything is created twice, first in mind, then in manifestation. It is our relationship with this realm of Spiritual Substance that determines our physical manifestation. Faith is the spiritual capacity by which we form and shape this ever-present element of Spirit-Substance. It’s our job as spiritual beings having a human experience to keep centred in holding an awareness of all pervasive substance, this divine power. Our work is to keep the flow open. Just as we tap into the energy source in a room by turning on the light,
Spirit of Nutrition Michelle Leblanc R.H.N, B.A. Psychology
Nutrition is important. Eating healthy food is good for us. And don't forget to exercise, too. But why? Why should we put effort into choosing, buying, prepping, cooking and eating whole foods that may not be as convenient, cheap or delicious as processed and ready made socalled "food"? When our days are busy enough, why should we struggle to find the time and motivation for these positive health behaviours? Providing our body with adequate or even ample nutrients is both a foundation of and result
Sunday Celebration at 10:30 a.m.
PATH TO PROSPERITY CLASS 4 SUNDAYS, starting Nov 12 From 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Learn to develop a prosperous mindset about money, health and relationships and transform your life to abundance! Class fee: $75.00 plus book Spiritual Economics ($22) Location: The Good Companions Centre (670 Albert St. Lots of Parking; Bus stop at door) For more information go to unityottawa.org or email us firstname.lastname@example.org to register. We are an inclusive, joy-filled community celebrating Oneness. All are Welcome!
we too have access to the flow of Spiritual Substance… through practices like meditation, affirmative prayer, gratitude, forgiveness and affirmations. We can embody the Divine ideas present in Spiritual Substance and powerfully transform our lives. Join us in The Path to Prosperity Class for 4 Sundays starting Nov 12. Go to unityottawa.org for more details
of the quest for a meaningful life. Robust health can get us ahead and diminished health can set us back. If we are weighed down by health issues due to poor food choices then we may not have the mental and physical energy to pursue higher level passions and growth. Unhealthy eating habits can contribute to diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure, as well as general fatigue. Nutrients from whole foods supports us mentally and physically. This leads to our ability to find a path to heal our heart's pain and to pursue our heart's desire. Eating well is a foundation for healing and growth. Conversely, being able to make healthy food choices can come about from the quest for meaning
Wishingtree Yoga Start a journey with Rupa (Ivy)
200H Traditional Hatha & 50H Yin Yoga Teacher Training For more information, please visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
The light to see the way By Rupa
ith the restraint of the river bed, the journey of a river can be simple. Even if it’s long, it has no choice but to go towards the ocean. After the river goes through all the twists and turns and at last reaches the ocean, is this the journey’s end or beginning? Can we face the immense ocean? With the body holding the soul, we might have to face a lot of troubles in our lives. We just deal with what we have to face. How about death? Is death the end or beginning? How do we deal with death? Are we ready? Some believe that if we have faith in God then we can live in God’s kingdom after we die. But, if paradise is so good, why are we not allowed to die and enjoy at once? What is reality? What is illusion? Even very knowledgeable people can be bewildered. The spiritual world and phenomenon world share the same Universal Law. If we cannot find happiness in the material world we cannot be happy in the spiritual world either. Dreamland exists only if we work on it. Otherwise, it only appears in our dream -- something produced from our mind and mixed with reality. The universe was not created from nothing. The sky seems void, but actually full of planets. We tend to believe what we see with our own eyes. We forget that our sense organs have limitations. If we believe our own eyes, then we believe the Sun is smaller than the
in our life. To be emotionally ready to provide the self-care required of proper nutrition we must believe we are worthy of caring for ourself. To be able to give up self-defeating behaviours in a process of recognizing and abandoning damaging patterns and replacing them with productive ones. As we become aware of faulty emotional patterns we may notice our faulty health patterns that decrease our vitality.
Earth and the Earth is the centre of Solar system. This is the power of illusion. We make believe like a child that the illusion is reality. We forget where we live. We need to open our eyes to see through the outward appearance. Human nature never changes. We have always searched for well-being, happiness and freedom from the beginning of our existence. Each age has its teachers to show us the way. What we need to do is to choose one path and walk along it. Achieve our highest potential and own best, and allow everything else to be revealed to us. Wishingtree Yoga 200H Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training introduces different ways of Yoga practice and through practice, you can find your own way -- the way towards a happy, wholesome and holistic life. Rupa (Ivy) has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom. Living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. Join Rupa for an unforgettable journey towards Selfrealization. The experience will give an understanding of Yoga’s amazing scientific knowledge, and practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat! It is all about your SELF.
Free Teacher Training Information Sessions: Saturdays: Oct. 28 & Nov. 11, 1:00 -2:00pm.
For more information, visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca When we nourish our mind and body, our mind and body can nourish us; our heart and soul. It is only when our heart and soul reaches this understanding, that you DESERVE to be nourished spiritually, that we learn to nourish ourselves physically also. With this leap of understanding we are enabled to continue down the path of selfdiscovery, healing and ultimately, peace. Healthy eating is worth the effort because you are worth the effort. email@example.com
The Journey of Spinal Injury Recovery - the Doorway to Your very own Self “God is in your spine” as said by Yogananda, one of the first enlightened guru’s to emerge in the western scene. A radical statement in which shook the Wests’ beliefs to its core. I will explore this through my journey of healing. Along my path, understanding this statement was a profound lesson. By the age of 13 I had the first of 3 Disc Herniations which would span over 13 years. I was forced into a long journey of healing. At first it was the more physical methods of healing. Methods in which were mainly prescribed through traditional western doctors, massage therapists and physiotherapist. I continued to be left unsatisfied with short term relief, yet re-emergent suffering. Through this, I inquired deeper into various other methods of alternative healing, and inner discovery Here I am going to outline the core practices I used in this process. Starting at the Root… Physically. - Before we get into the deeper aspects of the body and the core cause to all dis-ease, we of course need to look at the physical body in a new way. Many of our more modern methods of movement and physical exercise are very linear and rigid. With this, we tend to overdo our involvement within them, in which leads to imbalances within the physical body. Even with the growth of physical Asana based yoga practice, many imbalances are caused due to the overemphasis on asana practice. When in reality, Asana should be practiced much less for most. To balance this, I first dived into corrective exercise. A method of exercise in which is focused on balancing the imbalanced muscles within the body. This can take form in many traditional methods of exercise, weight lifting and yoga asana. The only difference is one is doing them with a very intentional understanding of their use to balance out muscle groups in which may be weak or too strong. By first starting with an specific assessment process that many of my colleagues use, they can get a picture on what this looks like for any individual and from there recommend what is most important for the balancing process. With this foundation, the next modality is one that is very transformational. That is, Ecstatic Dance. This form of dance is a method of dance that focuses on one being very expressive, listening into one’s inner being, spine and emotions to guide movement in a explosive, flowing, subtle and expansive way. It is a method of body expression in which I feel captivates one's highest potential of their creative energy and force. It forces one to surrender to what the body needs to come into wholeness and balance.
The movement side of my physical spinal healing was one side of the coin. The other was Chiropractic care, specifically with Brent from Arc of Life in Ottawa.. This was a perfect balance to the intensity of ecstatic dance and movement practices. It made more “room” for the body to naturally come into its balance and alignment. All Dis-Ease is Blocked Emotional Energy - This is a common topic within various energy healing fields.All blocked up or unresolved emotional experiences (we can call this emotional incompletions) if left unresolved for an extended period of time will result in a more dense manifestation in the mental and physical bodies. Initially, peering into the worlds of Louise Hay and her depiction of the behavioural reasoning behind many common ailments and issues within the entirety of the body was a profound step. Her Intuitive ability led her to determining patterns within her patients in which revealed similar behaviour traits for individuals with similar ailments of specific areas of the body. Through this discovery, it acted as a pointer to the very specific emotionally based limiting beliefs and behavioural traits in which were part of the cause for the various spinal injuries. As I journeyed deeper and discovered the nature of emotional and energy healing, over time, it became very simple With the correct guidance and one’s willingness to take responsibility for the healing required, one can journey with leaps and bounds at a rapid pace. In a recent article I did on my website, I’ve outlined a revolutionary yet very simple process for energy healing in which I feel encapsulates the hundreds and thousands of energy healing modalities. Once one understands these principles, anything can be healed. Kundalini Kriya Spina Breathing - It is a knowing deep within, that each individual is responsible for their own healing. Much support can be accepted along the path, though, it always comes back to the individual. With this, techniques in which one can practice on their own, taught and initiated by a true teacher, are of highest importance. A core technique in which I was initiated into by a Himalayan Master combines the 3 most important aspects of our human experience. Awareness, breath and the spinal column. By way of this technique, one is able to clear the core root to all energetic and emotional blocks held within the energy body. All energy meridians and nadis connect back to the main central channel in the spine called Sushumna. Through the intentional purification of this main channel, one relieves themselves of emotional build up. Now for the root…
From Chronic Back Condition to Freedom
y name is Andrea. When I was 18, I began to have many issues with my body starting with extreme digestive issues, neck pain, back pain and some diagnosed me with chronic fatigue. I am now 49, with years of experience trying chiropractors, massage therapist, physio-therapists and many others, including alternative energy medicine. All seemed to help me feel better but nobody could get to the core of my patterns. Once I even took an amazing yoga pain management course and the teacher asked me to describe were I hurt. There was almost no part of the diagram that I have not coloured in. She laughed and thought, wow I wonder if I can help this woman. One day 6 years ago, I found a unique form of sound therapy called Quantum Sound Theory and began working with frequency and energy. Why not? I had tried so many other things and I was seeking change – Real permanent change in my life. Within days of listening to my weird first set of tones, I noticed my body relaxed, I was letting go of trapped emotions that I had not been willing to share with the world. What I began to observe was me and letting go of pain I had held onto for years trapped inside my body. I could feel my spine lengthen and space to breath. It never occurred to me that everything I held onto in my life was trapped inside my body. As I continued using the tools from Quantum Sound Therapy along with my favourite
Self-Inquiry, Answering the question “Who Am I” ? - As one can see from this article. This journey of healing the spine was a pointer to a more all encompassing intention. An intention to answer the single most important question, that question being “Who Am I?”. This is the fundamental question driving our entire experience of life. Everything we do, consciously or unconsciously, we are doing it to more further understand the nature of ourselves. This method of Self-Inquiry or in the yogic tradition called Jnana Yoga (the highest of all yoga’s) is the yoga of Self-Knowledge. A practice in which is not really a practice so much as it is a recognition of one’s very own self. The self, as the pure observer and awareness in which witnesses all of the changing phenomena of life, that being thought, feeling and sensation. All thoughts, feelings and sensations come and go, yet there is this pure awareness and observer in which never changes. This sense of being that anyone can connect with simply by asking themselves the question “do I exist?”. The feeling sense, beyond the word “YES” is this direct experience of oneSELF. This can be described as a pure unchanging awareness.
chiropractor I began to see change. Real change. So why share this? If you are looking for real, deep permanent change then sound therapy can help. If you are ready for change, unique tone and sounds can be used along with any other practice you are using to help you let go of what you are hanging onto, simply using sound. Step back into being the real you. Your family and the world needs you. Much love to all. Andrea Sahadath and Bill Little, owners of Clearly Conscious Energetics promote growth and evolution using consciousness-based tools and technologies. They are dedicated to creating an ambassador community and infrastructure to raise consciousness, globally. They will be in Ottawa soon. For more information contact Lise Desjardins firstname.lastname@example.org or Pesi Shroff email@example.com
Now if all healing comes down to awareness, then coming to this source as the fundamental and primary practice for ALL healing.In many texts and story, people have described the enlightened one’s to have mystical healing and miracle working powers. What they were speaking of was this very way of perceiving life. This is not anything super-human or extra-ordinary. It is actually the most simple, natural way of being! It is your very own self! All of my current work is designed to support individuals on their path, specifically with the core modalities, processes and pointers in which are outlined here.
Training the Energy Worker
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
Offering Updated model for the first time
Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch® Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach, Certified Facilitator, Open Space Technology, and Small Group Processes
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
ow does this happen, you may ask. I’ve thought about this a great deal over the years, and I know that we have within us something called cellular memory. This capacity means that our body remembers what perfect health means, how it feels to be in high level wellness. As our bodies age, and experience what we do living in a body year after year, means that we have learned to have less than perfect health. We are bombarded daily with information on what aging means, on what pills we need to take to prevent or to cure different conditions. As we take in all the information that is out there about different conditions, we gradually take in that our bodies will naturally start to deteriorate and we have no right to expect anything else. We believe that we will have joint problems, possibly heart problems, digestive problems and because we have this belief, reinforced daily with what we see in the media, these issues develop naturally. Exactly... Deepak Chopra wrote, “To promote the healing response, you must get past all the grosser levels of the body — cells, tissues, organs, and systems — and arrive at a junction between mind and matter, the point where consciousness actually starts to have an effect.” I believe there is such a point where consciousness and matter intersect, that this junction exists on a quantum (subatomic) level, and that this extraordinary connection between mind and matter is accessible to us through our love and intent. By harnessing the innate power of our love, we can dynamically and positively activate the body’s own healing process. From the DNA to the bones, all cells and systems effortlessly respond to the healing vibration of your love.”
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
(613) 731-4901 32
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
As a young child, as the result of an automobile accident, I had a spinal curvature. I had been told that it was in my imagination, but as I observed my clothing falling lower on one side than the other, and my hip bones being out of alignment, I was certain that my back was crooked, and with each pregnancy and subsequent carrying of babies, and laundry, my spinal curvature became more pronounced with the subsequent pain. I believed that I would be dealing with this in a greater and more painful way as I aged. Then one day, I discovered Quantum-Touch Therapy, and after many sessions with other kinds of therapy for my back pain, over many years, I finally found the way to total relief from this painful condition in about 5 minutes. Beginning in September until November 30th, 2017, I have a very special offer for clients who prepay and book a series of sessions, the opportunity to win two free sessions or their choice of Quantum-Touch Therapy, or of Empathic Coaching. Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has also been certified as a Open Space Technology facilitator, as well as a facilitator of small groups. She offers workshops in other energy work, including Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® therapy. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can check out her website at www. aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www. wellnessunlimited.ca and the QuantumTouch website at www.quantumtouch.com
Quantum-Touch® Therapy Level I Certificate Training weekend based on the new updated model Saturday and Sunday, November 25th and 26th, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Information and Registration Aileen McKenna, email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com ~ www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751 In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. In fact, by the time you have your lunch break on the first day, you will have created amazing results. You will be learning from the first Canadian QuantumTouch Instructor, with an amazing record. Grounding & the Art of Creating Sacred Space, Pt I Friday, November 24th, 2017, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 A workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, clearing a physical space, being present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone else working or living closely with others. For further information, a flyer and registration form call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com ~ www.aileensoasis.com Aromatherapy for the Home ~ Introduction Living healthfully and naturally with Essential Oils Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm I’m offering a one-day workshop to provide students practical uses for Essential Oils and the practice of Aromatherapy for creating a healthy environment in your house, office and car. For clearing air borne bacteria, dealing with the off gassing of new carpets, paint, and prevent the reaction to many allergins. Aileen is a certified Aromatherapist, who uses Essential Oils in her home and with clients regularly since 2000. For information and/or registration please call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272. LAW of ATTRACTION Coaching Practice Requesting volunteers for my coaching session for certification Free for month of November 2017 Session will be on the phone or on SKYPE 45 minutes in length Give me a call at 613-228-2272
#1 Amazon International Best-Selling Book, HALO: LightIng Up Heaven on Earth Book Signing Event with Co-Author Jennifer Dahl-Kowalski and special guest
Singing Pebble Books, 206 Main St., Ottawa Saturday, November 18 ~ 11:00 - 3:00 PM Jennifer Dahl-Kowalski and special guest will be sharing stories, answering questions and signing books at the event! This anthology contains a collection of personal stories written by heart-based authors from around the world on their trials and tribulations of overcoming financial issues, relationship woes, health crises and more. Through their courage to venture into unchartered territory and uncover the truth behind their limiting beliefs, the authors are able to share their hardships, their discoveries and the wisdom they endued along the way. This book is sure to awaken, inspire, and uplift you as you are taken on a journey with the authors to new heights and exciting new beginnings!
Heal, Awaken & Enlighten –The Quantum Sound Therapy Way
Are you ready to become whole, empowered, awakened and enlightened?
cience on our planet is based on assumptions, which in several instances, were later proven to be false. This kept humanity entrapped in the limitations associated with learned knowledge, its practical application, limiting their potential. It has been well known for ages that Humanity restores health from within. With the advent of Quantum Physics, the spiritual element in science has been reinstated, permitting the knowledge and wisdom from ancient civilizations to be acknowledged by science and is now finding its way into mainstream society. The bio-chemical approach to medicine is waning in popularity with the rise in Energy Medicine that addresses all components of health and well-being – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual (PEMS) – and that too with no known side effects, if any.. Welcome to the newest Scalar Energy Technology in Quantum Sound Therapy – that can reach the most minuet part of the brain to remove energy blockages associated with old programming that has kept humanity confined, and reprogram your mind to find your own unique power. The scalar energy comprises zero-point energy that optimizes intuition, clarity and creativity. This can change your life and find the seat of genius in your front left lobe. Your voice pattern is your energy signature that is a better representation than your DNA. It contains a blend of frequencies unique to you which may hold the key to progressive evolution! Sample of your voice is taken, analyzed, and a graph representing all PEMS and soul components is generated. A unique set of Personal Sound Frequencies (PSF) specifically designed to free you from your sub-conscious negative
thoughts, self-sabotage, and bring you into balance is then generated, including those for spinal health. Listening to your PSF harmonizes your energy and releases subconscious blocks that hold you back from living a life of love, joy and peace. Have you ever wondered the pace at which you can attain vibrant health, grow in spirit and attain enlightenment? There are three steps to spiritual growth. First, your body goes through detoxification, followed by rejuvenation process, and once rejuvenated in its totality, you undergo personal/ spiritual growth process. The desire to get well and take full responsibility for yourself, the willingness to embrace change and diligently work with your PSF accelerates your progress. It has the potential to transcend all limitations, medical and energetic, to restore health and accelerate your personal/ spiritual growth. The awakening, resulting there from, places you on your path to self-mastery on the road to full consciousness/ enlightenment in a relatively short period of time.
Golden Light Therapies – in alignment with the manufacturer’s mission to make this technology available to all globally – you get your 25-minute personal sound track with graph interpretation for $40. To book your appointment, contact: Lise Desjardins: Tel: (613) 795-1469 firstname.lastname@example.org or Pesi Shroff: email@example.com By Reiki Master Pesi Shroff & Reiki II Lise Desjardins
Relax your mind. Energize your body. Connect with yourself.
By: Avegaile Calzado
ellness practices like yoga and meditation are supposed to help people relax and connect with themselves. However, if we’re not mindful, yoga and meditation can also be a source of stress, anxiety, and guilt. Many of us are busy, juggling different responsibilities. So, we end up rushing to our yoga and meditation class. When we finally get there, the class is overcrowded and we feel irritated by the person who took “our spot” or accidentally steps on our mat. Sometimes we find ourselves comparing our pose to other students, judging our bodies and abilities, and wishing we could be more flexible, stronger, etc. Just like everything else, we want yoga and meditation to be efficient and productive activities. We set goals and objectives for our yoga and meditation class. “I will attend such and such class this many times a week. I should see results! By this specific time, I should be able to do this pose or that pose perfectly. I should not miss any classes.” We forget that these thoughts are counterintuitive to our wellness practice and end up ruining the experience of relaxation and calm we are trying to achieve.
The Nourished Soul “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”
Nutrition Therapy for digestive, autoimmune and food addictions
• Renew your relationship with food • Discover the massive healing beneﬁts of ancestral diets (your grandparent’s food) • Relieve autoimmune and digestive issues • Heal the root of food addiction • Discover your bio-individual blueprint for optimal nutrition • Receive a customized meal plan that nourishes your body and creates deep, abiding health
“Thanks to Ann, I am healthy once again! I recommend Ann’s services to anyone seeking better health or personal insights. I believe that her knowledge and skills in the area of holistic intestinal health are unsurpassed. And I cannot imagine that there is anyone who offers the return to health and wholeness that Ann gave me with the purity, clarity, competence and integrity that Ann embodies.” - Sandra S. Ottawa ON
For more information, please contact Ann Jarvis at 613-218-6899 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thenourishedsoul.ca
Yoga and meditation are not about making ourselves better. Rather, they are processes of deconstructing the barriers we may have erected to prevent us from having an authentic connection with ourselves and with others. They help people slow down and be present in the moment. By connecting the body, mind, and spirit yoga and meditation can help us better understand ourselves, as well as how we relate to those around us, and how we respond to the challenges of our modern lives. My approach to body and mind wellness combines yoga, meditation, and expressive arts therapy as tools for relaxation, self-care, and personal development. I find that expressive arts therapy practices, such as journaling, drawing, painting, and photography, wonderfully complements yoga and meditation. These practices can be our channels to express thoughts and emotions that would otherwise be difficult for us to articulate. Through practice, we gradually develop mindfulness and allow ourselves to self-discover, learn, and grow. Avegaile Calzado, M.A., RYT, offers wellness seminars, workshops, and retreats. For more information, please visit: www.prajna-centre. ca or contact her directly at: email@example.com
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
I’m going to break it down: 1) Every food we eat impacts our intestinal flora 2) Our intestinal flora impact our immune system 3) Immune system = health
Hippocrates knew it waaaaay backwhen he said that “all disease begins in the gut”. Our ancestors knew it... so where and how did these last generations lose sight of this important truth? My thoughts? We’ve made the trade for convenience and it’s costing us; literally and figuratively. But there’s good news: we’re learning. And as we become more aware of the impact of food on our health, the pendulum is starting to swing back. In the last decade we’ve learned that most of the cells in our bodies are microbial. This means that they are made from microbes—more specifically bacteria. That bacteria produces chemicals that help us to harness energy and nutrients from our food. What’s interesting, and important to know, is that our gastrointestinal system, contains more of these health defining bacterias than the rest of our body. What does this mean in practical terms and how does it impacts our choices about what we consume, how we prepare it and how we store it? For starters, it makes the food preservation practices of our ancestors make a whole lot of sense to us on a much more scientific level. The scientific community has only begun to scratch the surface of understanding the complex relationship between our gut and countless illnesses such as autoimmune disease, depression, food allergies and intolerances, leaky gut, IBS, cancer, obesity, and other aging-related diseases. There is no denying that gut related illnesses seem to be on the rise. Whether it be from a being in a constant state of stress or anxiety, a lack of bacterial diversity, insufficient “good” bacteria or too much damaging bacteria. What we do know is that we can rebuild our gut bacteria using fermented foods. (And you WANT a healthy gut! See 1, 2 and 3 above for reference). Enter fermented foods.
TANYA ROBERTSON Fitness Health Coordinator Holistic Nutritionist Personal Trainer Yoga Instructor Entrepreneur Teacher
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 25 9AM-12PM
Fermenting is making a serious comeback: Kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut and keifir are in and rapidly gaining media attention. What’s the big deal? Fermenting means that the sugars and carbohydrates in foods are broken down by beneficial (“good”) bacteria, causing the formation of lactic acid. This lactic acid acts as a flavouring agent, helps to preserve the food and “wakes up” colonies of beneficial bacteria. It also enhances the micronutrients, thus unleashing an avalanche of healthy benefits for our bodies. Want to give it a try? Join us Saturday, November 25th for a Festively Fermenting workshop where you will make your own fermented cranberry chutney, kefir, cheese, gluten free crackers and a fermented alcoholic drink that will be better for you this holiday season. Sure, there is a lot of information online about fermenting, but a hands-on group workshop where you take home healthy foods beats an unread article on a Pinterest board any day. Find out more details and register here: www.personalizedfitness.ca/upcomingworkshops Tanya Robertson B.Soc.Sc., B.Ed. Fitness Health Coordinator at Elizabeth Bruyere Hospital. Owner/Operator of Personalized Fitness Qualified Holistic Nutritionist, Yoga Instructor and Personal Trainer
The Societal Bird Cage
hat does it mean to be truly free? That question bothered me for years because I could never seem to find that “free” feeling everyone talked about. It got to the point where I locked myself in my room and lived through other people’s freedoms because I was so tired of trying to find my own. It’s quite tiring when you’re chasing something but you have no idea what it actually is, or what it actually feels like, in my case. One particular afternoon I was sitting, looking out my window and out of nowhere were hundreds of geese flying south for the Winter months. I live in Ontario so I always see flocks of geese, but never this many. It was surreal! They were flying so low I could see their feet! While listening to them honk at each other, a connection was made! I don’t know how, but it was almost like it was meant to be. Birds are the most free animals on this planet! They can fly wherever they want and when they are in flocks not only do they fly more efficiently, they empower each other!
Lisa Bottriell, M. Ed. Counsellor
firstname.lastname@example.org 613-882-1993 411 Donald B. Munro Carp, Ontario
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
January 27-28 February 24-25 March 17-18 When I compared myself to this goose/bird theory I had came up with I realized that, at that time, I wasn’t free at all and most of the human population isn’t either (atleast as of now we’re pretty far off) When we look at ourselves from the perspective of the bird we actually do the complete opposite of what is said to be “free.” We do not empower eachother at all, we isolate ourselves from the each other and symbolically, put ourselves in a ‘bird cage’ of what we think society wants from us. We are prisoners of society’s views and pressures and it separates all of us from becoming one harmonious flock of humans. We do not fly wherever we want because how could we? We are in a societal bird cage. Brooklyn.email@example.com
Toronto Peterborough Ottawa (Almonte)
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org, 905 655-6756 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
The Ottawa Area Christian Meditation Coordinating Committee
Christian Meditation Advent Retreat Day Denis Paquette Creation speaks out to us about the past, the present, the future. St. Paul teaches us that the Mystery is all about Christ having been there from the very beginning, being there in the present, and coming again in the future. We are all invited to â€œListenâ€?. Meditation opens us up to this Listening and Faith opens us up to the experiencing of it all. Denis Paquette has a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Ottawa and a Bachelor of Theology from St Paul University. He is a recent graduate of the Contemplative Theology and Spiritual Mentorship Diploma Program at St Paul University. Denis is a contemplative at heart! WHERE:
Good Shepherd Church, 3092 Innes Road Gloucester, Ontario, Canada, K1W 1C8
Saturday 25 November 2017
All are welcome. Registration begins at 9:00 AM on 25 November at Good Shepherd Church. Conference begins at 9:30 AM and concludes by 12:00-12:30 PM (before lunch). Bring your Bible for reference purposes and personal reading. 09:00 AM 09:30 AM 10:20 AM 11:00 AM 12:00 PM (noon)
Registration and fellowship and book sales Welcome and first talk Meditation followed by break Second talk followed by Question and Answer period Conclusion
There is no charge for the event but a goodwill offering is appreciated so we can continue to offer Christian Meditation events in the Ottawa area. There will be Christian Meditation books for sale. There is free parking available. Information and Registration Contact Email: email@example.com if you need more information or if you are registering your attendance at the retreat.
Lisaâ€™s unique flair and style is now available as yoga infusions 1. Celebrate Spirit, Life and your own Inner Power with Embodied Flow inspired Hatha Yoga. 2. Gently release whatâ€™s been held deep in your tissues and free your body and spirit with Yin Yoga. 3. Rest, Renew and Refresh with Restorative Yoga. Classes start in November in Kanata. Register early for one of only 6 spots in this intimate setting. Check the website for schedules and notifications of any additional venues www.LisaVirtue.com Of course Lisa is also still available for her potent Energy Healing or Channelling sessions. Call 613-296-4271 or email Lisa@LisaVirtue.com
BUSINESS FOR SALE Your largest supplier of massage tables, chairs and accessories in the Outaouais 71, boul. St-Raymond, Gatineau, Qc J8Y 1S3 www.massosphere.com 819-246-6236 ~ 1-866-246-6236 firstname.lastname@example.org
W AT VI CH O DE U O! R
HEALTH AT YOUR FINGERTIPS!
Created by Georges Lakhovsky and Nikola Tesla
WHAT IS THIS DISC ABOUT? The PolarAidTM disc is an antenna which captures and amplifies natural energy which we receive from the Universe as demonstrated by the inventor Tesla in 1899. Like any other living species, whether vegetal or animal, human beings are fed with this energy which, when aging, our body cells lose the capability to fully absorb. With the protocol defined by Dr. Tomić, we are now able to direct this amplified flow captured by PolarAidTM disc towards the body thus permitting it to restore its selfhealing mechanisms. Does the disc heal cancer? The PolarAidTM disc does not heal any disease but the disc provides the energy for the body to heal. This is why the disc is so effective in so many ways, because it is the body which heals.
How do I order the disc? On our website with a credit card. For assistance, please call 1-450-486-4888. Can I use more than one disc? Yes but one PolarAidTM disc is sufficient and the disc is good for life. Several people may share the same disc. What if the disc falls in water? The PolarAidTM disc is very durable. You sit on the disc or drop it on ceramic, the disc will still be 100% efficient, any damage being only cosmetic. Is there an expiry for the disc? No, natural energy captured by the PolarAidTM disc comes from the Universe which is an inexhaustible source.
Are all these testimonials true? Yes. All testimonials are as reported by users who wish to share their experience with the PolarAidTM disc to inspire other people with conditions similar to theirs.
How long is the delivery period? The PolarAidTM disc is shipped at 4:00 PM, Eastern time, on the same working day it is ordered, and delivered across Canada via Canada Post Expedited service with a tracking number.
What if I buy a disc and it does not fulfill my expectations? Anyone has the privilege to have his/her own expectations and to decide if they were met. If not, one may return the PolarAidTM disc in good condition and be refunded in accordance with our return policy.
Any danger and/or any contraindication with any other medication? No, the PolarAidTM disc provides extra natural bioenergy which is around us 24 hours a day but in helping to strengthen the body, it improves the body’s capability to benefit from the medication.
Dr. Dino Tomić currently works as a medical doc-
tor, specializing in gynecology and obstetrics. For the past 20 years, he has explored and experimented with alternative medicines such as quantum and bioresonance medicine, homeopathy, acupuncture, and energy techniques.
No radiation or magnetism. No expiry date. Maintenance free.
Free Laughter Yoga Classes!
November 13 & 27, December 11, January 8 & 22, 2018 @ Le Patro Community Centre, 40 Cobourg St., Ottawa, 7 - 8 pm
All are welcome. We laugh for Health and Happiness
For more info call Petra @ 343.883.0608 or visit us onÂ Facebook OttawaÂ Laughter Club de Rire Ottawa http://www.laughteryoga.org/
TAO CALLIGRAPHY WELLNESS Shirley Cheung and Susan McNeely Certified Tao Calligraphy Practitioners
The ancient art of Chinese calligraphy distinguishes itself from other cultural arts because it emphasizes motion and is charged with dynamic life. Chinese calligraphy is widely practiced and honoured as a way to flow universal wisdom, receive qi, and enrich life through powerful positive messages. Tao Calligraphy is a unique style of calligraphy that combines the artistic beauty of Yi Bi Zi (fully cursive script, Oneness writing) with Tao light transmissions. Every Tao Calligraphy emits frequencies and vibrations that create a field of light that can remove blockages at all levels of the soul, heart, mind and body.
If you want to know if a pear is sweet, taste it. If you want to know if Tao Calligraphy is powerful, experience it!
Shirley and Susan are Certified Tao Calligraphy Practitioners trained by Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha, sole lineage holder of Yi Bi Zi Calligraphy. They have the ability to write Tao Calligraphy healing phrases to promote healing for you, your loved ones, and pets. Tao Calligraphy writing have been used by many to cope with stress, depression, anxiety, and anger, as well as for relieving chronic pain, boosting energy, improving relationships, and more.
Tao Calligraphy Wellness email@example.com | 613 912 8072 | www.calligraphyhealing.com
The November 2017 issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa. One of Canada's longest running health and wellness magazine.