November 2015, Vol. 31, #3 Priceless
Maga zin e
A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 30 years
Target The Source Of Your Pain with BioFlex Laser Therapy
BioFlex Laser Therapy By Veronica Newbury
ain can originate from any number of places in our bodies. Arthritis, tendonitis, muscle tears; these are conditions, among many others, that trigger physical and emotional pain. Those experiencing the effects of conditions like these may find solace through the benefits of laser therapy. Ottawa Laser Therapy is a company that promotes natural, drug-free healing that may even delay or eliminate the need for surgery. Headed by laser therapist Lindsay Mullen, the company advocates for and utilizes BioFlex Laser Therapy. The treatment system facilitates healing for a range of medical conditions and increases the production of endorphins, cortisol and the growth hormone. The treatment uses red and infrared light to accelerate healing and to decrease inflammation. The healing process begins when the light source is placed on the skin. After penetrating several centimeters, the particles of light, called photons, are absorbed by the mitochondria, the part of the cell that produces energy. This surge of energy triggers positive physiological responses and restores the cells to its proper function. The use of BioFlex is new to Ottawa. Only a handful of laser therapy clinics in the city are currently using it, including one of the clinics Lindsay contracts out of, Back on Track Physiotherapy.
Despite the treatment system’s novelty, the benefits that this kind of therapy brings are numerous and sure to draw in many who are suffering from both new injuries and chronic pain. Suitable for any age, laser therapy is effective for a variety of problems. Lindsay can treat the following symptoms and conditions, and many others: Headaches
Jaw (TMJ) Pain Whiplash Painful Shoulder
Low Back Pain
Tennis Elbow Sacro-iliac strain
Repetitive Strain Injury
Thigh Strains Patello-femoral pain
Cruciate Injury Shin Splints
Ankle Sprain Plantar Fasciitus
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue. Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. November 2015 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 12,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Office Manager - Julie Tierney 613-979-0664 Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
Ottawa Laser Therapy • www.ottawalasertherapy.com
Tone Advertising Rates …
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
TREATMENTS FOR LASER THERAPY
Typically, 8-24 laser therapy treatments of 30-60 minutes in duration are recquired for complete healing, but it depends entirely on each individual’s reponse to the treatment. While other conventional treatments for pain aim to relieve symptoms, laser tharapy targets the direct source of pain at its site, bringing longlasting comfort and freedom.
GENERAL • Arthritis • Carpal tunnel syndrome • Fibromyalgia • Migraine Headaches • TMJ pain • Achilles Tendinitis • Epicondylitis • Repetitive stress syndrome • Rotator cuff injury • Temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction • Reflex sympathetic dystrophy • Sciatica • Frozen Shoulder • Whiplash • Concussion • Accident Injuries • Tennis Golfer’s Elbow
INJURIES • Ligament and tendon tears • Fractures with associated soft tissue injuries • Facet joint syndrome • Contusions • Bulging and herniated discs
Visit Ottawa Laser Therapy’s website to learn more and contact Lindsay Mullen today to start on your path towards a pain-free life. Ottawa Laser Therapy 613-203-3138 www.ottawalasertherapy.com Laser Therapy at Back on Track can be covered and direct billed for motor vehicle accidents and extended health benefits companies.
INFLAMMATORY • Plantar fasciitis • Tendonitis • Rheumatoid arthritis • Myositis • Synovitis • Bursitis • Rheumatoid arthritis
SOFT TISSUE AND SPORTS INJURIES • Ligament tendon • Muscle tears • Knee dysfunction • Meniscal ligamentous tears • Fractures
DEGENERATIVE • Osteoarthritis • Chondromalacia patella • Calcifications • Discogenic and vertebrogenic radiculopathy • Spinal stenosis OTHER • Gout • Wound healing • Dermal ulcers • Psoriasis • Neuropathies • Bell’s palsy • Trigeminal neuralgia • Peripheral nerve damage • Lymphedema • Singles
Loyalty & Honesty str e
“To have a friend you need to be a friend.” A very wise statement! Most people are hoping that superb friends will just To establish, keep, and maintain close relationships it is walk right into their lives. They do not seem to realize essential to be honest and to cultivate that deep relationships, like plants, a deep sense of loyalty. Loyalty is a require developing, nurturing, s s wonderful characteristic that we can fertilizing, growing and “weeding”. le lnes w foster with others only if we are very They avoid negotiating emotional smokin honest with ourselves. Honesty and stylistic differences with their frui starts at home, within ourselves. closest companions. Eventually this Above all else, it is essential to be true xie leads to very stale relationships ty to yourself. Understanding your or to the end of any meaningful self -esteem own feelings and thoughts is critical, relationships. t as they are guides and guardians There is a way of expressing weigh of your path ahead. If we are not loyalty to a beloved mate that is COUNSELLING, COACHING honest with ourselves, we cannot be unbelievably deep. I warn people honest with others. Loyalty is not & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE not to espouse it unless it is true. It something we can turn on or off. We requires very deep self-knowledge Richard M. Haney Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist maintain our loyalty to another even and loyalty. You look into the eyes if we are not with them over long of your loved one and make the (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 periods of time. We continuously following three profound, marrowBank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. abide by our unwritten contract with deep and “sacred promises”: www.ottawahypnosis.com them and do not breach intimacy a. You are The One. b. We are www.ottawacounselling.com or confidentiality. Loyalty requires unassailable. c. We are Forever. self-discipline and commitment to If you do not have a uphold the “sacred bargain” that is part of our dearest relationship in which you relationships. can honestly do this, I highly recommend that you reposition your life and seek out such a relationship. It would reikispiritualawakening.com be a tragedy to go to your 819-665-3187 (Ottawa-based) grave without experiencing this depth of being. Reiki is a spiritual therapy that provides May you rise up in self-love healing energy to recharge and and in loving-kindness in order rebalance the human energy field, working with physical, mental, emotional to muster the courage to face your fears.
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation). Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Life Regression Through Hypnosis
Search for God groups Success for the soul
Take a Journey and Heal at a Soul Level
Meditation, study and application in a small group format
Book a Session 613.864.4724
(613) 731-4901 4
and spiritual healing. Reiki works well with stress, chronic pain and much more. I am a certified Reiki master practitioner (energy healer), please contact Diane for discount packages. I also do reiki on animals and send long distance healing.
www.MonicaDumont.com Email: Contact@MonicaDumont.com
Nourished Soul Sessions “I believe that each of us has a radical truth within us that can literally set us free. It is up to us to find that truth and fling the door wide open. When we do, everything changes. Renewed health, deep happiness and better relationships. And then, we breathe in and we breathe out and we live the life that has always been waiting for us.” ~ Ann Jarvis Rising Star Healing Sessions During a Rising Star Healing session, Divine energy is channeled within the client through the chakra system. The chakra system releases what is ready to be released at that time, and brings forth what is ready to be revealed. It is the most powerful form of energy healing that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Clients have reported monumental shifts after a Rising Star Healing Session. Body Mapping Sessions These sessions are designed to recover the parts of us that have fragmented. We will go under the hood to see where we are not standing in our own truth; where we have abdicated our personal power, our feelings, our desires and our needs; where have we said ‘yes’ when we really meant ‘no;’ where have we fed ourselves insufficiently, emotionally or nutritionally. We uncover what our minds, bodies and souls have been crying out for us to listen to and begin the implementation. And then we begin to walk the walk of the open and vibrant individual. As our bodies are the storage-house of our truths, I assist you in finding those truths that are critical to your healing.
HEALTH CANADA APPROVED
Traditional Herbal Medicine
Immune System Support * Proprietary Herbal Formula Gluten Free cGMP Compliance Trusted Worldwide Since 1922 Made only in Canada Exported Worldwide
NPN 80012920 NPN 80012914
Now practicing at The Hive in the Village of Carp! **Sessions can be done by Skype or Phone if you are not close by**
Please contact Ann Jarvis for more information on healing sessions (613) 218-6899 email@example.com
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation
Available at: Health Stores & Pharmacies
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEITS! ESSIAC® Canada International P.O. Box 23155, Ottawa, Ont., Canada K2A 4E2 Tel. : (613) 729-9111 · Fax : (613) 729-9555 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org * FULL TEXT COPYRIGHT © 2013, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Individual service as well as follow-up queries
AUTHORIZED USER OF ESSIAC TRADEMARK
1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
November 2015 RES-6488 Tone 1/2 Page Vertical no bleed Essiac.indd Description:
1/2 TONE MAGAZINE AD
Docket: RES- 6988
2013-07-16 12:15 PM
Exploring our Elegant Divinity— Out of the Box and into the Light
hat do the following have in common: our Creator, unified fields, “miraculous” healing, the Intergalactic Federation of Planets, ascended masters, the angelic realms, friends in the hollow earth, creative genius and soul expression? Unselfish Love and infinite Light. People’s awareness of and communication with higher dimensional worlds is increasing. Individuals are experiencing “impossible” physical healing, tapping into marvellous talents and abilities, programming their day through higher mind and strengthening their capacity to communicate with animals, with other humans, and with higher worlds merely through thought, images, concepts and feelings. What is happening? Because awakened individuals are conscious of the resonance of their inner vibrational divinity, they are increasingly attracted to the frequency of a higher vibratory realm of existence. As they listen to and act upon their inner sacred resonance, its frequency augments. Consequently, the need becomes more immediate to participate in communities housing similar citizens, be they from the surface of our planet, or from within or beyond it. The higher the mind, the more expansive the resonance, the deeper the heart, the more permanent the resonance. On November 1st, Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre welcomes a beautiful light to our Sunday Service, Regiena Heringa. Come enjoy an inter-active service that day. Regiena will also be offering a 1/2-day workshop entitled Exploring Our Elegant Divinity—out of the box and into the Light. As part of the workshop participants will explore two main themes: creating a deep and permanent anchor with the Divine Creator and from that sacred anchor, initiating meaningful communication with beings of Light. Exercises in the workshop include meditating and inner reflecting, communicating with higher mind, journaling and voluntarily sharing with the group. Afterwards, there will be an optional discussion with Regiena and those participants interested in pursuing topics presented in the workshop. Regiena’s workshop is well suited for individuals of a devotional nature, who have chosen the spiritual path as a way of life and who are accustomed to sitting quietly for at least one hour at a time.
Regiena Heringa (www.nextagemission.com) has been a teacher, counsellor and messenger of spiritual advancement for many years, working in English and in French, in Canada and abroad. Through workshops, private sessions and transmission of information from higher realms, she helps truth-seeking and devotional individuals to feel, explore and live the inner realm of the Divine, to live this spiritual centring in every
day life and to tune into communities of beings of sacred consciousness who vibrate at exquisite levels of goodness and Light. WORKSHOP INFORMATION: The Heritage Room, Nepean Sportsplex, Entrance B Saturday, November 28th from 9:30 am to 12:45 (informal discussion 1 - 2 pm). Registration: 9:00 am. Cost: $45.00 for members of the Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre (OSPC) and $50.00 for nonmembers. Please bring: a warm shawl, blanket, writing materials (no electronic equipment, please), munchies if necessary and a bag lunch if you are staying afterwards for the discussion. Wear comfortable clothes. For further details and how to register, contact Gillian@ottawaspiritualpathways.com or telephone at 613.299.2289.
The Innocence of a Childs Wisdom Written by Alexis Nicol
Reiki Reflexology Reconnective Healing® ACIM www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
s I look into the past I see how many children of my era and before were often manipulated and bullied into conforming to believe and act in a certain way. Frequently told that we were to be seen - not heard – how sad! It brings me such happiness to see the youth of today not only being allowed but also encouraged to express their feelings in so many creative and delightful ways. Take for example YouTube. Recently my sister shared a very touching video of a young girl explaining to her parents how she feels when they don’t get along. She speaks with such an innocent honesty it is as though she is receiving this wisdom directly through her heart. Wouldn’t it be amazing if more adults would be open and really listen to the children? I’m not saying that you have to believe everything, but I do feel strongly that they are trying to express something that means a great deal to them. When anyone speaks with the innocence of a child it is our responsibility to listen and show them we care. We can all benefit from being a little more innocent, open and compassionate. This is a fun way that we our able to teach and learn from each other. These children seem to still have that Divine connection to the Grace of God while so many of us have lost it over the years. Too many of us have been tainted by believing what we’ve been taught, sometimes even by brute force. As we begin wiping away the stains a clearer, brighter and awesome picture will arise. What a wonderful gift to be free and open like a child, playfully and creatively showing us the beauty that the Universe/God gives us in every moment of this precious life. It is with an open heart that I wish every one of you pure delight as you embrace the wisdom of those beautiful children and especially the one within you that sees with the eyes of LOVE.
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
OPEN HOUSE 2015 9am - 3:30pm
Relax, Enjoy Refreshments & Attend Complimentary Lectures
“The Industry leader in training nutrition professionals”
SATURDAY NOV. 7th
Ottawa Campus, 613-680-9330
Emerald Plaza, 1547 Merivale Rd, suite 430, Nepean Ontario (Main Intersection is Merivale Road & Meadowlands Dr.)
9:30 - 11:00 am PREVENTIVE HEALTH CARE: Food Intolerances: The Gut-Immune Connection With Josee Boyer, ND • Info on Course / Curriculum & Career Opportunities • Natural Health Exhibit • Book Sale • Live Blood Cell Microscopy Sessions • Win Door Prizes
11:30 - 1:00 pm PSYCHOLOGY OF DISEASE: The Influence of Belief and Perception on Health With Deborra Cameron, RN
1:30 - 3:00 pm
FITNESS AND SPORTS NUTRITION:
Effective Weight Management through Nutrition With Andrea Proulx ND, RAc
View Lecture Descriptions at:
SPIRITPAINTING.COM 613-266-8063 Easter Workshops February Exhibition at Green Door Opening Feb 4/13 6:00-
S G NG TIIN NT AIIN PA TP RIIT PIIR SP
W or k s h op s
w ww ww w..ssppiirriittppaaiinnttiinngg..ccoom m
9 Essential Questions That Facilitate Increased Self-Growth
t could be argued that in essence the only real reason for living is to see how much you can learn about yourself. Asking effective questions can help to facilitate your development as a human being. A good question is one that provides a useful answer. Poor questions create limitations. Here are some questions to ask yourself to enhance your development: 1. What is the most important skill I’m lacking? Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Our weaknesses are often responsible for limiting our personal growth and success. There are advantages to being well-rounded. • You might be great with spreadsheets, but poor at meeting new people. Some of us are very persuasive while others have great creativity. • What do you feel you’re lacking in your life? Which skill can most help you fill that void? 2. How do I get in my own way? Do you ever sabotage your own best efforts? It’s possible to fear success. After all, gaining something often means giving up something else. It’s not easy to examine this part of ourselves, but the benefit is huge. 3. If I could go back in time, what advice would I give my 18-year old self? Hindsight is 20/20, but the mistakes you’ve made in the past are probably still occurring. Think about the choices you think you should’ve made as an 18-year old. They will provide insight into your current situation. 4. What are my greatest strengths? Make a list of your greatest strengths. How can you apply them to your life? Our weaknesses might hold us back, but our strengths can determine how high we can rise. Weaknesses are like a boat anchor while strengths are like the motor. • Ask your friends and family for their opinions, too 5. What am I able to control in my life? Worrying about things that are outside of your control is a waste of time. Focus on the aspects you’re able to influence. Apply your thoughts, time, and effort accordingly. 6. What do I want to stand for? How do you want to be thought of at the end of your life? Are you currently living in a manner that supports that vision? • Think about who you want to be, which could be quite different than what you want to be. 7. If I could accomplish one great thing in my life, what would it be? You probably have several options for your life, and it’s not always easy to choose. • Think about the one accomplishment that would mean the most to you. Then make a list of realistic steps you can take to achieve it.
8. What is the biggest limit I’ve imposed upon myself? It might be the belief that you’re not smart enough to finish college or socially astute enough to attract a wonderful spouse. There’s a 99.999% chance you haven’t worked hard enough to accurately determine what your limits truly are. • How can you set yourself free from this limit? 9. Who or what do I blame for my challenges? Sure, your parents made a lot of mistakes. Maybe your boss is a jerk. • Regardless of the source of your challenges, it’s always your responsibility to deal with them. This knowledge is actually great news because now you see that you don’t have to rely on someone else in order to move forward! Questions are a useful tool. The answers can give you greater insight and clarity. If you’re feeling lost or frustrated, utilize the power of questions to continue your self-growth journey. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 • www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
Getting Ready to Heal
within one hypnosis session she was able to finally remove a deep stubborn knot that she had felt in her heart for years. “I was stressed and unhappy. I started the sessions with a The gentle approach of hypnosis is nothing like what heavy closed heart and I now feel open and without pain, you see on TV. It is a gentle modality that empowers I actually feel light. I loved listening to Lynne’s voice, it you from within, moving in the direction of your choice. • emotional /physical pain •her!” grieving • relations completely relaxed me. I would definitely recommend Does hypnosis works? Yes, it does! It did for me and for • regressions • weight • addictions K.M.L. • stress • my clients. The only requisite is to be ready. Then the energy level • healing the past magic can happen. Are-you ready?
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
e have greater potential than we perhaps realize, but sometimes we feel or think that we are stuck, that something is preventing us from moving forward. What I have realised in my life and practice is how we can move forward and release blocks, knots and sadness when we feel ready. It is not a question of “if” we can, but more like “when” we are ready. I have met numerous clients who felt from inside that they were now ready to release the past, to release sadness or even anger, so that they could live their lives more fully, live in the present and welcome a better future. They were tired of pulling the past with them, of experiencing tensions and knots in their body and depending on the history of the pain only a very few sessions were needed. One client said that she spent years working on herself, seeking various modalities, and surely those sessions were useful, but
Lynne Cardinal is a Certified Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. In person and Skype sessions are available to clients. Lynne has offered Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors for over 30 years. Group Meditation classes starting in the Fall at 7 pm; contact us for more details. Private classes available. Insurance receipts are available. For more information Lynne can be reached at 613.721.7888 or by e-mail at email@example.com. You can also visit her web site: www.kaivalya.ca
Healing Power of the Sacred Art of Ancient Calligraphy
or many practitioners, calligraphy is an advanced spiritual practice requiring deep concentration, balanced emotions, and a deep connection with Heaven to ensure that the most beautiful message and energy will flow through the characters. Thus, in its highest expression, calligraphy produces so much more than pretty pictures for the wall. It is an ancient practice than can be applied in other areas of modern life, such as healing. The more aligned is the writer in soul, heart, mind, and body, and the higher the frequency of the writer, the higher the frequency of the technique and the more powerful the healing reflected in the stroke. Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha is the sole direct lineage holder of a unique form of one-stroke calligraphy called Yi Bi Zi (pronounced ee bee dz) by Tai Shi, preceptor to Puyi, the last emperor of China. Master Sha is a revolutionary soul healer who brings the power of soul to humanity. Soul can heal. Soul can transform all life. In Master Shaâ€™s ideograms, the one stroke is further infused with a healing and transformative Source Field that can remove blockages at all levels of the soul, mind, and body, alleviating suffering and paving the way for radical transformation of all aspects of life.
Because Master Sha channels the Source, he transmits blessings to the calligraphies, instantly incorporating the healing and blessing power into these sacred scrolls. The Source Chinese Calligraphy scrolls create a healing field with extremely high frequency and vibration (power) that can heal and prevent sickness, balance emotions, transform relationships, and bring success to every aspect of oneâ€™s life. Tao Source Calligraphies will be displayed at our events (see ad below) to create a Tao Source Field for healing and rejuvenation. Experience sacred Tao healing blessings and learn how to apply soul healing in your life. Master Lynda Chaplin is a Divine Channel and Worldwide Representative of Dr. and Master Sha. Join Master Lynda and Master Venier on November 6-8 at Saint Paul University, Laframboise Hall, Second Floor, Normandin Room to experience. Contact Master Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
Master Venier Wong
Master Lynda Chaplin
Worldwide Representatives of Dr. and Master Sha
Mayor Jim Watson endorses Ottawa-West Holistic Chamber of Commerce
Says Chapter President Lise: “I recognize that when like-minded people come together towards a common cause, anything is possible”. Lise and Pesi are dedicated to empowering individuals and businesses to thrive. Utilizing the synergy of holistic businesses, services and products help foster a loving society, with a common vision of lasting Peace and Prosperity.
ttawa-West Holistic Chamber of Commerce (HCC) is humbled and proud to announce the endorsement of their Chapter by the Honourable Major Jim Watson. HCC is an international organization with Contact Lise at 613 795 1469 or Pesi at 613 829 0224 70 chapters across NA. Their vision: “healthier people Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on a healthier planet”. www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/on-ottawa-west We are an all-inclusive network of professionals and www.holisticechamberofcommerce.com businesses that embrace holistic practices of operating in an ethical, responsible and eco-friendly manner, fostering a balanced lifestyle and having the client’s best interest. Our membership is open to professionals from all walks of life: financial, health and wellness, arts and entertainment, high-tech, etc. Our mantra is: “no type of holistic business left behind”. Says Mayor Watson, the chapter is “a valuable and inclusive forum for entrepreneurs and representatives from all sectors of the economy to come together to share their holistic insights, business practices and approaches for the benefit of the entire community.” At HCC, we engage, educate Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life. and empower public and businesses, and offer our members online member directory access, collaborative marketing and Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist advertising. Globally we are will help you heal yourself naturally of: creating a network of forwardlooking, passionate members, who • Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions complement and collaborate with • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt each other, strive for excellence and • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome help their own businesses grow. • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain Monthly talks, presentations and • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits panels will provide the framework within which members share VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at www.GracePlaceWellness.ca information, concepts, brainstorm, Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems. come up with innovative approaches, form strategic alliances, for their mutual benefit bringing to fruition Do you answer YES to any of these questions? Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? their vision. Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? We recognize that the future is Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? paved in the ‘holistic’ approach. Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another? Let us weave together a solid, allinclusive network of members CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! that take on this challenge and Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. rapidly bring to fruition our dream Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested. of making the holistic approach Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca the primary way of life where humanity becomes the beneficiary.
Hypnotherapy That Works GracePlace Wellness
Pathwork: If only things would go the way they should “out there”, I’d be okay “in here” By Judy Size-Cazabon
work as a professional coach with clients, most of whom hold leadership positions. One of the many things they have taught me over the past decade is that to be effective in coaching we must bring spirituality into the field. As humans we are all spiritual beings; we seek meaning in life, we long for deeper connection (with self, other, and the Other), and we seek the Truth. Often without naming it, clients show up with a desire to reconnect with their deeper selves, with their hearts, with their fullest potential. Invariably there comes a moment in any coaching program where we feel called to ask the bigger questions; Who am I really? Where is my authentic power? What do I conceive of as possibilities for my leadership, for my life? What is it that will bring deeper fulfillment in my life? Any hope of finding answers to the above questions necessarily involves selfdiscovery. On an unseen level almost everyone to some degree, tends to wait for fulfillment from the wrong source. For each of us, deep down there is an unconscious belief that some person or circumstance “out there” must give us what it is we need in order to feel fulfilled and happy “in here”. And indeed this was true at one stage of our lives. As powerless children we were hugely dependent on others for our need fulfillment. Thus an outworn belief often continues to linger within our unconscious mind. The Pathwork lectures have continuously offered wisdom, support, and guidance for both my professional and personal life for over 20 years. I am happy to be presenting lecture 157, Infinite Possibilities Hindered by Emotional Dependency at Saint Paul University, 233 Main Street on November 18th at 7:00 p.m. This lecture
Open Lecture Discussions Saint Paul University,
233 Main St, follow signs to room
Nov 18; Jan 13; Feb 10; Mar 9; Apr 13 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation: $15, members free
Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 All welcome
The Pathwork lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org For information about the Pathwork in Ottawa:
www.ottawapathwork.ca holds an important key to unlocking your own authentic power. It offers hope and guidelines to support you in unchaining yourself from the limiting belief that your fulfillment ultimately depends on others. As a first step, this unchaining involves learning how to access the distorted belief, and secondly, it requires you to find ways to gradually let go of the belief. This process offers a gateway into finding a treasure within yourself - the treasure of your real self, your True Nature. It is your birthright to come home to yourself and realize that everything you need is already
Pathwork lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org. For more information about the Pathwork in Ottawa, got www.ottawapathwork.ca Judy Size-Cazabon, M. Ed; Integral Master Coach™ (Integral Coaching Canada)
Certified by NADA Auricular acupuncture to reduce stress and anxiety, lessen pain and improve sleep reduce cravings, withdrawal symptoms and helps to relax.
Call 613-656-9522 November 2015
Getting to the Core Rev. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher, healer
n counselling/healing work, I have found true permanent success is achieved only when the core issues, the faulty beliefs, are revealed, resolved and released. For years, I have been primarily using The Inner Child work to achieve this end and have happily been very pleased with the repeated successes I have seen with my clients. Recently, I have been certified as a practitioner of Theta Healing®, a system so quick, effective and profound, I am absolutely blown away by its unlimited potential. In the 25+ years I have been counselling, I have tried many different therapies and have never encountered one so amazing in terms of being able to bring fast, permanent change--- releasing the limiting beliefs that keep us feeling stuck, anxious or unhappy. Combining the Theta Healing® with my already very powerful Inner Child work and I can just about guarantee you will see immediate results from anxiety, anger, grief, guilt and shame. Generally, all of these patterns began in early childhood between the ages of 3 and 8. At that time they were imbedded into your subconscious mind which runs your emotional
Marjorie Moffat - Wellness Educator Meditation - Yoga - Ayurveda firstname.lastname@example.org
Abundant Life Coach Spiritual Counsellor Psychotherapist email@example.com www. sherryharriscounselling.com 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available show much like your computer’s operating system runs its show, beneath the surface unknown to us for the most part, unless there is a problem. These subconscious emotional patterns continue playing out through your life, creating pain and suffering, grief, anger and fear until, fed up with it all, you decide to take the steps to explore your operating system, your childhood beliefs, that have been running your emotional show. It is in bringing the false beliefs to the light if awareness they may be healed. In the Inner Child work together we heal the child within who is then free to emotionally grow up integrating into our adult self in a balanced, whole and healthy way. In the Theta® work, we find the early beliefs, remove them and replace them with healthy programs of self-love and acceptance. Both of these two modalities heal the wounding of the inner child who, no matter how wonderful his/her parents were, did not receive the unconditional love, validation, safety and support needed to thrive in life. Come experience these two modalities working together so quickly, with your permission and desire, to create for you, the balanced, life-loving adult you were meant to be. When you release the limiting core beliefs you are carrying you are free to tap into your unbounded, magnificent Self and you are free to lighten up, open up and soar. Come fly with me--- release the limiting thoughts that keep you from experiencing your grandness, the God- Self you are meant to be. Rev. Sherry Harris may be reached for sessions at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I offer receipts that are reimbursable for most insurance providers.
Discerning What’s Organic and Inorganic by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
here’s no question that, at the highest view, humanity and Earth evolve naturally. However, the challenge occurs when life is no longer entirely organic. This is especially important to hold in our awareness now. As a whole, Earth’s consciousness has recently, organically, evolved out of the 3rd dimensional Earth to the future timeline of 5th dimensional Earth. At a subatomic and quantum level, we are in the “in-between” worlds. During our transition to future timelines, we can be vulnerable to the aggressive black/anti-Christ forces that are surfacing to manipulate or possess any energetic weakness. So keeping our energetic body strong is important (use your 12D Shield). These are the times to pay attention and use our discernment. When the quality of our experiences are natural and organic we often experience expansion and meaning. By contrast, our experience of the inorganic may be when our energy feels stifled, there is no flow, or no ability to create any movement of energy. This latter is where something can be trying to disrupt our timeline and our relationship with our God-self, either on a personal level or through the collective mind: ego fears, mental body distortions, miasma/ancestral blockages, mind control, trauma and countless other influences. The core low frequency, inorganic energies that continue to be pushed into the field, and then leveraged through the negative alien agenda when people engage with them are: victim-victimizer addiction patterns, sexual distortions and addictions, and armageddon/terrorism/ cataclysm fears (dimensions 1- 3). We are wise to be vigilant of our thoughts, emotions and behaviours. We may need to clear, upgrade, or reconnect our etheric and physical bodies to override inorganic limitations and restore our organic nature. Working with the Hieros Gamos consciousness field, I offer etheric surgery for this exact purpose. We can consciously participate in our discernment and ask, “Who or what is running my life right now?”, and “Is the source of it organic or inorganic?” There is nothing to fear here. Our love is always most powerful. However, our awareness and conscious choice to align with our God-self as our authority makes the difference on Earth now.
Is something blocking your loving heart? I specialize in clearing stubborn patterns. We can bring you freedom with Divine healing of your 12-dimensional self and clearing from the root level. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
Copyright 2015 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved. For the unabridged article – visit www.melindaurban. com or www.tone.ca My services can be of assistance to you to help you be a clear vessel of Divine love. 15 years of intuitive healing experience, and 7years of ascension studies. Integrating multi-dimensional ascension clearing of your blueprint, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, and healing vocals. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. The AoA Hieros Gamos System is ideal for Starseeds, Indigos and Lightworkers who are committed to fulfilling their Highest Purpose in this ascension timeline. Appointments are available in person or by phone 613-253-2888. www.MelindaUrban.com for more FREE tools, blog, case studies & healing chants. FREE newsletter, Being the Peace.
No More Boring Date Nights
CREATE CLOSER LOVING RELATIONSHIPS
By Marlene and Bob Neufeld
n last month’s article, we introduced the idea that play is important for a healthy relationship. In his book on Play, Stuart Brown describes a research study about date nights. “Couples that made a point of doing things that were new and unfamiliar had a much higher satisfaction measure than the couples who spent time doing familiar things. … Stepping out of a normal routine, finding novelty, being open to serendipity, enjoying the unexpected, embracing a little risk, and finding pleasure in the heightened vividness of life. These are all qualities of a state of play. … In order to keep things hot, people have to keep growing, keep exploring new territory in themselves and each other. In short, they have to play.“ We have made a practice for a number of years of trying new things. We have joined an improv theatre group, taken ballroom dancing lessons and are on the look-out for activities that will stretch us, take us into the unfamiliar and possibly even a bit of discomfort. A frequent question between us is “what could we do today that would be unlike us?” Answering this question has taken us to the Casino, the Ottawa naked swim, a burlesque circus show, among many other interesting outings. Robert Greene, the author of the book, The Art of Seduction, says that surprise is at the root of seduction.
Marlene & Bob Neufeld A Couple helping Couples learn life-changing relationship skills
Contact us NOW to find out if we can help YOU and qualify for a COMPLIMENTARY one-hour SESSION 613-594-9248
Surprise is often the first thing that disappears in a long-term relationship. Our experience is that when we are curious and open to being surprised, we discover new things about each other, even after 45 years. We invite you to open up to being surprised, to doing things together that will take you to new, fun, unfamiliar and playful places. Marlene & Bob Neufeld practice body-centered Coaching and Psychotherapy. They are a couple who help couples learn lifechanging skills and create closer, more loving relationships with one another. To learn more, see www.marleneandbob.com or call 613-594-9248 to arrange a 1-hour introductory session.
198 Main Street, Ottawa, ON • 613-234-9597 • www.thegreendoor.ca
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
ADRENAL FATIGUE? Essential oils to the rescue!
o we have just been through a shift back into routines from our carefree summer, a change in temperatures and seasons, and a stressful election. We might be feeling a little dazed, achy or lethargic. Our sleeping habits may be erratic. Maybe it is a little harder to get to the gym or to eat the right foods. Whatever the reason, our glands can take a beating when we are not operating at peak efficiency. That’s right, I’m talking adrenals, among other important glands that regulate functions in the body. Our adrenals are responsible for the famous ‘flight or fight’ response, which traditionally, served to help either flee a dangerous situation, or stay and defend our turf. Nowadays, the hormones which course though our bodies during an ‘adrenal rush’ don’t subside and adjust back to normal levels because our stress has become chronic and we retain many of these ‘worry’ chemicals in our bodies. Along with sleep, eating right and exercise, as well as ‘me time’ and meditation/yoga, I want to mention a little gem I like to call black spruce. Black spruce (Picea mariana) is a proud Canadian which I count among
Coffee Beans Are Being Coated With Sugar at Coffee Plantations By Judy Spence, RN, ND(QC)
hank goodness I drink my coffee in a purer state, black, no sugar. I was able to notice in some brands of coffee for my Keurig, that I was tasting sugar even though I add no sweetening whatsoever. I investigated and learnt that a new processing method now coats coffee beans with sugar right at coffee plantations. Thankfully, it leaves a tell tale taste of sugar in the cup of brew. Labelling however does not mention that there is any sugar content. Diabetics using insulin need to be aware because they may want to change brands. Sugar addicts who work hard at avoidance deserve to know as do we all. At the NAET Clinic Ottawa and NAET Clinic Outaouais, we treat basic food components for better utilization. Here we would treat B vitamins and also a mix of Sugars so that people will better metabolize all forms of sugar. Proper utilization of B Vitamins is necessary because they enable the body to utilize sugars. NAET treatments
my top ten essential oils for scent alone! But, like all therapeutic grade essential oils, it also does great things for body, mind and spirit. It is wonderful for clearing lungs and healing sickness due to its antiseptic and disinfectant properties. It is also wonderful for sore muscles because it has pain-relieving properties. But getting back to the adrenals: there is a specific protocol given by aromatherapist Suzanne Catty, for adrenal fatigue. She suggests drinking 30 mL of black spruce hydrosol (a water-based dilution of the plant) in 1.5 litres of water, along with applying 15 drops of essential oil (I would dilute this in case of sensitivity) on the adrenal and kidney points on the lower back before showering for a period of three weeks. Of course, there are other essential oils that can assist the body-calming oils, for example, that help with stress in general, oils that help you get a good night’s sleep, and so on. Come visit us to find out more! ©2015 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank near Somerset. She gives DIY bodycare workshops on a monthly basis. Please check our website for upcoming events: www.planetbotanix.com
NAET CLINIC of OTTAWA
assure you are the best you can be
We offer: Computerized Testing, NAET, BioSet, TCM Diagnosis, Acupuncture, Auricular Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Lymph Drainage, Hypnosis, Hypno-acupuncture, Detoxification We treat: Allergy (Foods, Pollens, Chemicals), ADD, ADHD, CFS, FM, MCS, Digestive Disorders, Headache, Infertility, Insomnia, Microbials, Pain & Spasm, Toxicity, Addiction, Stress We provide: Computer Reports, Treatment Plans, Specialty Lab Tests, Referrals, Receipts, VISA/MC Judy Spence RN, ND (QC) Ottawa (Highland Park) 536 Dovercourt Ave 613 728-2579
www.naetottawa.com free parking
Gerry Spence R.Ac. Gatineau (Hull) 71 boul St. Raymond 819-661-1061
allow for better absorption of B vitamins which in turn provide a more efficient metabolism of sugars. Diabetes and obesity both being on the rise, consumers have the right to know where sugars may be lurking hidden in their food. Call the NAET Clinic of Ottawa (613) 7282579 or la Clinique NAET de l’Outaouais (819) 661-1061 or visit www.naetottawa.com to book a free 20 minute appointment to introduce you to our services.
Questions in Mediation (This is an encore presentation of one of my most popular columns from 2011.)
egular readers of my articles may have noticed that I often write about the importance of questions in mediation. Here are some of the questions I feel are important to ask at the mediation table. What are your hopes for this process? People in the midst of separating often feel they have been emotionally ground down by an increasingly difficult relationship with their partner, and often by life itself. They are afraid to hope, to dare to think that life can be better in the future. By asking this question, I am trying to show them that mediation is a process in which they can work on a different course for their lives. I try to help them see that, while it may be some way off, there is light at the end of this tunnel. What are your fears for this process? This is the opposite of the “hopes” question above. Most people’s quick response to this question is some variation of “I’m afraid my partner won’t be fair to me in this process.” When they hear that their partner, in fact, fears the same thing about them, the couple can often make a joint commitment at the beginning of mediation to work hard to get an agreement that is fair and balanced for both of them and their children.
• 34 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: email@example.com
What makes that fair? There comes a point in every mediation where one person insists on obtaining a concession from the other person that seems – at least on the face of it - to be outrageously unfair to the other person. After being reminded of his or her commitment to work towards a fair and balanced agreement, he or she can explain more about why that particular concession is so important, and why it seems fair, given all the circumstances. If it is really important for that person to obtain that concession, the couple may then talk about a different concession that may be equally important to the other person.
What if……..? Mediation offers a couple the opportunity to work together to create solutions that, although somewhat different from what the law would provide, are fair and balanced for them in their particular circumstances. “What if….?” questions encourage a couple to push for better, more creative solutions, rather than to simply compromise at the first sign of disagreement. Mediation is not about just resolving disputes; it’s about striving to create the best possible agreements. “What if….?” questions, posed first by the mediator and then hopefully by the couple to each other, encourage them to think and talk in the language of possibilities.
What drew you to each other in the beginning? I sometimes ask this question at a point in mediation when people are very angry with each other and where they have begun to personalize the dispute, to blame each other for the impasse, and to engage in a destructive back and forth game of recriminations. This question is a way of breaking that pattern, of reminding them that there was a time when they interacted in a different way. While they certainly don’t become friends at that point, this question is often enough to calm them down to the point where they can get back to the task at hand and continue working towards a fair agreement.
Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
Transforming the Negative Benefits of your Life Challenges
protected us or served us in some way. As we grew older, however, these beliefs began to limit us and our challenges became more apparent. If you are truly ready to find relief from your life challenges, now is the time. By delving into your deep inner beliefs and emotions, you can discover what is holding these issues in place and, just as easily as you accepted your beliefs as a child, you can transform your beliefs so they benefit you and your challenges disappear. Imagine what you would like to change in your life and take the time to do it.
By Patty Chevalier Samm e all have life challenges, whether physical or emotional pain/illness, relationship issues, money stresses, a lack of happiness or many other challenges. These challenges often take over our life and seem endless. It feels like no matter what we do, we cannot change the issue permanently. As crazy as it sounds, there are actually benefits to these challenges that we face. Maybe being sick is the only way we get FREE ThetaHealing® Information Night attention from our partner or parLearn how to identify your limiting subconscious beliefs and thoughts ent. Maybe we actually believe that and to reprogram them into beliefs that support you and move you money is evil and so, to keep evil forward in life toward optimal health and well-being. away, we resist money. Maybe we have relationships of hurt and beWednesday, Nov 4th (6:30-8:30pm) trayal because we learned as a child At Planet Botanix (301 Bank St., Ottawa) that love means being hurt and betrayed, as we experienced from our Next Basic Practitioner’s Course: father or mother. Maybe our business Nov 27(6-9pm), 28 & 29 At Planet Botanix in Ottawa stays stagnant because we believe we Instructed by Patty Chevalier Samm are not allowed to be more successCertified Natural Health Practitioner, www.keyahealth.com For more information contact (819)230-6199 Medical Intuitive, ful than our family. Maybe deep in or firstname.lastname@example.org ThetaHealing® Instructor our core we simply belief we do not deserve happiness. These beliefs, which are usually subconscious, at one time in our life, Patty Chevalier Samm is a Certified Natural Health Practitioner, Medical Intuitive, ThetaHealing® Instructor and Reiki Master. Patty will help you to identify the emotions, beliefs and thoughts related to any issue so that you can release them and move forward in life. Patty offers healing sessions and workshops in Ottawa and in Chelsea, QC. Contact (819) 230-6199 or email@example.com. You can visit her website at www.keyahealth.com ei Gong is an internal process and it is the foundation upon which all of the Daoist arts are based and the connecting link between martial arts, medicine and meditation within the Daoist tradition. Steve Galloway, of the Lotus Nei Gong School of Daoist Arts in the UK will be in Ottawa and will hold a Nei Gong Foundations weekend workshop. This workshop is suitable to both beginners and those who have attended previous Lotus Nei Gong workshops.
Daoist Nei Gong Internal Energetic Arts by Lotus Nei Gong School of Daoist Arts, UK
Date: November 14-15, 2015 Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Location: Royal Canadian Legion, Westboro Branch, 389 Richmond Road, Ottawa Cost: $240 For further information, please contact Lainy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lainy Yasuda is a TaiChi/Qigong teacher in Ottawa and is currently teaching in the New Edinburgh and Westboro area. www.breathechi.com
What Happens After You Quit by Dr Luke www.lukenosis.com
s a smoker, you may love the bliss and calm of smoking. Have you ever thought of the bliss you can feel after you quit? What happens after 20 minutes of giving up smoking? The minute we give up this habit, the risk of heart attack minimizes and the blood pressure rate returns to normal.
After 10 years: After minimizing the danger of heart attack, 10 years of no smoking reduces the danger of lung cancer by half, as well. After 15 years: After this much time a person who once was a chain smoker generally leads a healthy life as a person who has never smoked.
After 10 hours: The level of carbon monoxide drops by half after 10 hours of giving up smoking. Oxygen levels in your body will begin to return to the needed amount. After 48 hours of quitting smoking: Much of the nicotine has left your body allowing your system to learn how to function the way it should, without nicotine dependence. After one year: Quitting smoking for 1 year reduces the risk of heart attack by half. http://lukenosis.com/Ottawa-Gastric-Band-Weightloss(2773762).htm
“I Can Make You Stop Smoking in One Hour”
“I Can Make You Stop Smoking in One Hour” If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!”
“Hi I'm Marc Lamontagne I am a financial planner here in Ottawa. With Ryan Lamontagne inc. I'm a client of Dr Luke's. And I have gone through he's hypnotism session to quit smoking. It's been over a month now and I haven't touched a cigarette. I have no desire to nor will I ever want to. In fact I am now a graduate off he's stop smoking program. I now have the official certificate. I am a non-smoker and I am a non-smoker for life.” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
From the Heart of Tibet
land, a circumstantiation of their ardent faith, and of their desire to be free from the samsaric cycles and By Klaire D. Roy, author, lithotherapist, spouse and disciple of of the karma that perpetually propels and nourishes B. Simhananda the Dharma Path of this globe’s everThe Teacher tells the Tale... aster in the art of expressing the ...the Trainee tests its Truth. recurrent planetary rounds. Absolute, B. Simhanada remains To be at peace with your pleasure is to always in touch with It, as is demonstrated enjoy the earth’s treasure. through his photographic art, which he gracefully uses as a means to share with everyone, a more authentic vision of the reality of life. His dual objective — as much from his camera’s point of view as from his own personal intention — is to reveal that the ordinary (in appearance), always To rest in peace with your pain is to enjoy contains within itself the extraordinary, the earth’s rain. too often occulted by the familiarity of what has ‘already been seen and already Behind each of his visionary pictureexperienced’. Everything plays itself out, for words, is occulted a Truth which if him, in the magic of the present moment, in understood, can reveal the path to follow the uniqueness of the ‘here and now’, in order to attain the Perfection of our where all becomes possible. Being, as well as the realization of a
Divine humanity that seeks purely to express itself and to grow to maturity within each one of us.
The Lord of Compassion can only Become One with you for the sake of other
He loves Tibet, a country that Blessings from he secretly considers as his own, the Land of the Snows having journeyed there time and A Photographic Pilgrimage again, having savoured its victuals of Ongoing Spirituality and appreciated its environment, This book is a photographic pilgrimage so emotionally warm, yet so glacial of Tibet, and a powerful guide for at times (especially on the back of meditation, reflection and comprehension a yak). He has meditated there, for the different stages of our evolution. and met authentic pilgrims who perpetuated the magic of the basic by award-winning author fundamentals of Buddhism, as instituted by Guru Rinpoche more When the fingers of both hands than fourteen centuries ago. He has “ A beautiful book of photography and intertwine, they make up the Cathedral of the One Continuum, called Life. spiritual epithets ” breathed that country’s air deprived, - Tenzin Palmo (sometime dangerously), of precious oxygen, as if what it contained must www.PalmPublications.com be savoured with parsimony and respect. He knows its odours, which are a physical-etheric mixture of purity, wisdom and survival. He is acutely aware that he has lived there many lifetimes and that his Self is inciting him to return when the time will be right. His book Emaho Tibet: Blessings from the Land of the Snows is then a reverberant homage to this country The transformed disciple can no longer be his own which inhabits and inspires him. It is also a living self; he has to become the Lord’s Only Self, and his sole role is that of (the) Sanctified Slave. testimony to the pilgrims who ambulate this holy
November greetings from PL Community & Rev. Eugene Thayashi (sensei)
Constipation & Acupuncture By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
Holiday season will soon be upon us, the Funky Monkey has new stock in. You are welcome to come and browse. Either drop by on the 21st of the month or call us and arrange for someone to be there to show you around. Lise, Patricia, Christianne, and of course you all know how to reach me. Everyone wishes to be happy and lead a happy life with today’s complex lifestyles and different values, there is no single answer to the question, “what is happiness.” In PL, we believe that everyone can experience joy and happiness when they learn to live freely and express their individuality. Your life is shaped by the way you express yourself each and every day. Our doors are open, we are non-denominational, and welcome your questions. PL has a unique way to offer personal guidance, that help to respond to daily problems. Through consultations given by PL ministers you receive personal guidance tailored to your individual character and situation. We are here for YOU! Church of Perfect Liberty 1010 Hunt Club Road - 613-225-1850 follow my blog, http://dymoonblog.com or visit Q and PL-Perfect Liberty on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/ShingeiDymoonPL I'm Dymoon, and I would love to meet you....
onstipation is a frequent gastrointestinal problem that can cause a lot of discomfort and put strain on the digestive system. Being constipated means not being able to have regular bowel movements but it can also include having difficulty passing stools, hard stools, or a feeling of blockage or of incomplete passage after a bowel movement. Fortunately, constipation is usually temporary, but chronic constipation can cause further problems or can be a sign of an underlying disorder. A number of factors can cause constipation, including not drinking enough fluids, eating a poor diet or not enough fiber, not enough physical activity, illness, long term use of laxatives, or it can be a result of certain medications or diseases. In Western medicine, the solution for constipation in most cases is simple and involves eliminating the factors that are causing the problem. In other words, eating lots of dietary fibers (vegetables, fruits, beans, and whole grains), drinking a lot of fluids, getting regular exercise, and taking time for the toilet and not ignoring the urge for a bowel movement. However, in some cases, constipation can be a chronic problem that isn’t easy to resolve in spite of our efforts. In Chinese medicine (TCM), constipation results from a stagnation of internal heat and dryness resulting in a lack of fluids, stagnation of the flow of energy from emotional upsets, deficiency of qi-energy or blood from internal injury, strain, stress or a lack of physical exercise. Constipation is classified into five categories of imbalance that inhibit the proper function of the large intestine, as well as the spleen, stomach and kidneys. It is interesting that Chinese medicine has such specific differentiations for constipation, whereas Western medicine sees all of the different types of constipation as the single same problem. From there it is a matter of targeting the imbalance and correcting it in order to restore the body’s normal, healthy functioning. This in turn, helps to resolve not only the problem of
Laura’s Numerology News For November 2015 How to calculate your personal monthly number for November Add the day of your birth to the month of your birth and then add the number 1 to this number. You always add double digits together in numerology to reduce to a single number. (Example - birthday of Jan. 5 – Jan. (1 month) 5 (day) added together = 6 then add this month’s number which 1. Then add 6+1=7. You would read point number 7 if this was your birthday. If you still have trouble, email me Lbaird@istar.ca 1. Do not waste this month. It is time to turn your money making ideas into reality. Look for creative ways to market yourself, or your product ASAP. This is one of the best periods of the last nine years for you to take a step forward and advance in your business or career. This is a great buy or sell influence. 2. Close as many other doors as you can and finish as many of your project as possible and you will float through Nov. Your emotions will be raw and visible, so try to vent them in a health way. There are relationships in your life that must change, or end, now. 3. Have you lost your focus? Are you feeling scattered? Slow down and find Zen by doing something creative this month. Your focus comes back next month, so be patient. If you decided to take the month off for a bit of fun, this would work. The month of Dec. will not allow this luxury. 4. Business trips are fine this month, but a fun filled trip should be left for another time. The number 4 has a connection to work and duty, and usually lots of it, so place your dig deep and work hard. The rewards come as soon as Dec.
constipation and improve digestion, but also help with the various and seemingly unrelated symptoms that tend to go along with the constipation.
5. Big changes, explosions, and opportunities are in your face, this month. Boxing gloves might be required, as conflicts and outburst can happen under this influence. You must take control of your life situation, now, and get out of any RUTS, once and for all. This is a great influence for publicity, performing, and selling. Take a trip and have an adventure. Use this whacky wild energy well. 6. I know that you would like this year to be over now, but it is not, so buck up. You have probably worn your nose off, on the grindstone of life. This is a rebuilding year and it demands so much work, that you could be totally overwhelmed at this point. You must do a final check to see if all of your foundations solid, now. (Health, home, career, etc.) 7. STOP EVERYTHING. You will need to rest and take extra care of yourself, in Nov. Try to take the focus off your relationships and work obligations and place them on your frazzled self for most of the month of Nov. There will be many demands in Dec., so get ready. Take a solitary vacation or sabbatical as, money and business projects come to a halt, anyway. This will pass. 8. What have you been thinking of spending your money on? You can safely go for it, now. This influence is great for all purchases that are connected to domestic life. Fix the roof, redo the basement, or buy your Christmas presents early, whatever. You could receive some unexpected money or recognition at this time. Keep your eyes peeled for advancement opportunities. 9. No, the sun is not peeking over the horizon yet. Try to remain patient. I know that you have had more than your share of ups and downs, this year. I am sure that your head is so full of worries and frustrations that you feel it could blow. The sun should be peeking above the horizon by the end of the year. You must continuing looking after the most important person…. YOU. Do not ignore this, please. Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist/ life coach. Full sessions are available inperson to clients in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Phone and Skype sessions are conducted worldwide. For a personal consultation please email: email@example.com 613-725-7232
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops Hoping for the Coming of the Messiah with Prophet Isaiah
Love Peace Harmony Ottawa Calendar Listings – November 2015
La Tropiqua Yoga-Health Studio and Spa and Second Glance Consignment are Co-Hosting a Fun Fashion Show and Spa Event Let’s Pamper and Dress You Up! Advent day retreat, given by Dominican Friar professor Fr. Hervé Tremblay Organized by Ottawa Christian Meditation November 28, 2015, 10 am to 3 pm St. Patrick’s Basilica, 281 Nepean St. Ottawa Brown bag lunch RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Second Glance’s chic and trendy Fall and Winter Fashion while you get pampered at La Tropiqua. 25% off All your purchases and Spa Treatments (Please call La Tropiqua to book your spa treatment) Strut your stuff on our Cat Walk and receive 40% off! Win a draw for a complete make-over!
Quantum-Touch® Therapy Level I Certificate Training weekend Saturday and Sunday, November 28th and 29th 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna email@example.com or Aileen’s Oasis www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751 In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. You will be learning from the first Canadian Quantum-Touch Instructor Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space Part I Friday, November 14th & November 27th 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, clearing a physical space, being present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone else working or living closely with others. For further information, a flyer and registration form call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, 613795-3751 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com
Saturday, Nov 25 • 3:00pm - 5:00pm 1292 Wellington Street West Cost: $9 in advance; $12 at the door $3 of every ticket purchased will go to Cornerstone Housing for Women Get your tickets early, as space is limited
Parking available in the back of the building
Purchase tickets at La Tropiqua or Second Glance, both located at 1292 Wellington Street West (downstairs and upstairs) Follow La Tropiqua on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.. 1292 Wellington St W, Ottawa 613-695-2256 • 613-680-4100 www.latropiqua.ca firstname.lastname@example.org
Fri 6th & Tues 17th Crystal Healings / Tarot Readings with Michelyn Sat 7th, Wed 18th & Fri 20th Astrological Readings with Sue-Anne Thurs 12th & Thurs 26th – Angel Readings with Susan Sat 14th – IET with Mary-Lou Thurs 19th – Reflexology with Caroline Mon 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th – Sound Healing with Kay 613 692 5151, or email us at email@example.com
Personal consultations Friday, November 6, 10 am–5 pm, by appointment: 613.292.2288 Receive a soul reading and a powerful healing blessing to understand and resolve the challenges in your health, relationships, and other aspects of life. Special Divine Services will be available to accelerate your transformation and clear the obstacles in your path. Tao Miracle Healing Evening Friday, November 6, 7–9 pm, Love offering Learn how you can restore your health, relieve chronic pain, balance your emotions, transform your relationships, finances, and more. You could be chosen for a miracle soul healing demo! Tao Miracle Healing Days Saturday-Sunday, November 7-8, 10 am–7 pm $50 per day, $85 for both days; includes one guest pass Tao Miracle Healing carries extraordinary healing frequency and vibration from the Source to remove soul, heart, mind, energy, and matter blockages causing pain and suffering in your life. Experience practical healing protocols to accelerate your healing and transformation. Information: Master Lynda Chaplin • 647.654.7711 • lynda. firstname.lastname@example.org Meetup.com/MasterShaSoulHealingGroup-Ottawa Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa Ottawakiosk.com/MasterLyndaChaplin.html Location: Saint Paul University, Laframboise Hall, Second Floor, Normandin Room 249 Main Street (south building near Clegg Street) Master Sha’s Soul Healing Groups Learn effective and practical techniques to self-heal, prevent sickness, boost energy, balance emotions, transform relationships, finances, and more. Mondays, 7 – 9 pm, $5 Tanglewood Park Community Centre, 30 Woodfield Drive, Nepean K2G 3Y5 Shirley: 613.292.2288 • email@example.com Wednesdays, 7 – 9 pm, $5 1640 Cheevers Crescent, Ottawa K4A 2J5 Susan: 613.276.7132 • firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SUFI ORDER OF OTTAWA http://sufiorderofottawa.webs.com/ SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. A simple, easy-to-learn technique to enhance creativity and bliss and reduce daily stress. Free intro talk every Wed. 7:30 pm, and Sun.1:30pm (visit http://ca.tm.org to register) at the Ottawa TM Ctr., City Centre bldg (near Albert/ Preston) or call Mary or Gerard at 613 565 2030. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount.
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at
103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
PAIN RELIEF; correction of chronic conditions; addiction relief; weight loss; pro-active tune-up for health maintenance. Meridians Clinic (613) 728-2579 www.naetottawa.com BLAISE T. RYAN, R.TCMP, R.Ac. Specializing in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, Qigong and Child Psychology. Experienced & Registered. Adults & Children. Insurance receipts available. Located in Westboro at The Village Clinic. Book online at www.drblaiseryan.com or call 613-702-5377
• Adult ADD Support Group WEEKLY TWO HOUR MEETINGS are divided into, 1) causal discussion on individual coping styles and, 2) information, support and available resources. Meetings held Wednesday’s 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Contact: 613-868-1801 or email@example.com for location and detailed agenda.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor, Destiny Card Readings. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com;
or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy treatment ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com HEALING ANGELS OF THE ENERGY FIELD, Integrated Energy Therapy-Master Instructor and Journey Practitioner. Learn how to connect with your angels and be the best you can be. Contact Susan at 613-220-6551 or email me at email@example.com
• Anxiety ANXIETY, STRESS, DEPRESSION, GRIEF clearings on all Levels, bringing Balance, Health, Abundance, Peace & Purpose. DNA & LIGHT ENERGY Healing with 5 dimensional Tools for this accelerated time. Long distance available www.catherinegreen.net 613-479-0299
• Aqualead AQUALEAD ENERGY - Healing water, environmental healing. Level I, II and Master classes. Free of charge, donations accepted. Sabine Blais, Aqualead & Reiki Master. email firstname.lastname@example.org for schedules, www. aqualeadinstitute.org (819) 230-6638.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
DIRECTORY • Art ART AND MINDFULNESS: Using sculpture to explore awareness. Individual sessions and workshops. No experience necessary. Hilde Paz 613 829-3408.
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, email@example.com 11TH HOUSE ASTROLOGY GROUP, open to all levels, to exchange & learn, 2nd Monday of month (Sept.-June), 61 Main St. Ottawa. Info: 613-821-4839. INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aura Photography AURA PHOTO & Chakra Balancing Aura pic & interpretation, Colour therapy, Clear blockages, Healing. Rina Soucy 613-841-8651
• Ayurveda NOEL SMITH-SPARROW: Ayurvedic lifestyle Consultant, phone: (613) 294-7798 email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond.
Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 LORI HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; lori@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWENTHERAPY OTTAWA Bette Madigan. www.BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) Mother Earth Natural Health Store, 747 Richmond Rd. Insurance receipts available. Call 613-7224249 or e-mail email@example.com THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org BOWENWORKS OF KINGSTON, Andrée Boisvert, Certified Bowenwork® Practitioner, 920 Princess St., Suite 105, Kingston, 613331-3625, email@example.com www.abholistichealth.com BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN. Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 email@example.com
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis - True Body of Wisdom
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Ceremonies CARRIE RATHWELL, CEREMONIALIST. Personalized ceremonies created for and with you: weddings, funerals, baby and family ceremonies, rites of passage, pet funerals, shamanic journeys for ceremonies, and more. 613-2371473. www.carrierathwell.com
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512.
DIRECTORY PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clubs OWLS Club: socially-responsible club for ladies 40+, for friendship, support and co-creation. For info or to join: www.owls-club.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: email@example.com MARLENE NEUFELD, MSW, RSW, AND BOB NEUFELD, M.ED., help couples create closer loving relationships. We specialize in two-on-two couples coaching/psychotherapy. Experience our life changing approach which will help you learn skills and techniques that facilitate lasting personal change in a faster and easier way than traditional talk-therapy. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-chargeto you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC - providing Personal & Spiritual Growth Coaching, Mindfulness & Body-Mind Healing Therapies. 613-295-9987 www.spiritwell.ca www.annagreen.ca NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and
Spirituality. Every second Saturday from November 9 at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may
reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) Counselling couples and individuals toward more peaceful, loving relationships. LIVE, LAUGH, PLAY. Develop more insight and happiness - improve intimacy and reduce conflict. Counselling and mediation services are available. Receipts available, clinically supervised therapy. Downtown area. 613295-9987 www.annagreen.ca BRENDA GREY. B.A. Psychology (Honours) Registered Psychotherapist. Individual, Adolescence & Marriage. Depression / Past Abuse / Self Esteem Issues/ Interpersonal Conflicts / Anger Management / Eliminating Stress / Anxiety Author of : Mending a Wounded Life Gentle words for Healing. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-623-1888. Serving:Ottawa West /Dunrobin/Carp/ Kinburn/Almonte/Arnprior. https://sites. google.com/site/brendagreytherapy/home GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 EXPLORING THE POWERS OF THE MIND What are the tendencies of the mind? How can it be directed to be a supportive companion through the journey of grief? In this workshop you will explore practices - including visualization, breathing techniques, concentration and reflection - to help you understand the mind’s powers and expansive possibilities. This workshop will be offered by Swami Matananda, for Bereaved Families of Ottawa in partnership with Yasodhara Ashram. REGISTRATION REQUIRED Wednesday, October 28th, 6:30 - 8:30 pm 211 Bronson Ave $30 contact: email@example.com. HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only.www. healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow.com
DIRECTORY • Couples MARLENE AND BOB NEUFELD help couples who want to create a closer, more loving relationship with one another. Learn how to avoid the common relationship problems of criticism, defensiveness, or just drifting apart. Experience Bob and Marlene’s life changing approach, which includes their ability to bring a couple’s perspective to helping other couples. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-charge-to you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) - Improve emotional attachment , connection, and communication - reduce stress and conflict. Counselling and mediation services: receipts available, clinically supervised therapy. Downtown area. 613-295-9987 www.annagreen.ca
ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC Cranio-sacral therapy (Upledger), reiki and body-mind healing from life’s mishaps. CALM. RELAXED. CENTERED. Assists the body’s natural healing intelligence and optimal restoration of immune and nervous system functions for many conditions. Downtown area. 613-295-9987 www. spiritwell.ca
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful handpicked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | Crystal Store | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate includes “laying on of stones” | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 email@example.com | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dance THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT offers distance education courses in Reiki, Intuitive Development/ Counseling, Energy Therapies and Spiritual awareness. Take Individual Courses or become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist R.I.N. 819-328-9128 www.canadiannaturotherapies.co
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
DANCES OF UNIVERSAL PEACE: Join us in simple, meditative multi-cultural circle dances that use sacred phrases from the many sacred traditions of the earth to touch the spiritual essence within ourselves and others. For more information call 613-594-9248, checkour schedule at www.marleneandbob. com or email firstname.lastname@example.org BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification ION CLEANSE” Foot Bath Detox, fast, easy, effective way to detox the body in 30 min. Also offering “CHI MACHINE and FAR INFRARED DOMES’ sessions. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna-Foley 613-842-3337 firstname.lastname@example.org IONCLEANSE™ FOOT BATH with full nutritional support for the ongoing process of detoxing. Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886
ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613)272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE AND EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE to release blocks and empower you to step into your magnificence. Catherine McLenaghan, certified Donna Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. Call 613-730-0411. Private sessions and ongoing classes.www.energywellspring.com
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. HEALING FROM WITHIN. Energywork and Bodywork through Inner Knowing. Contact Jim Holland at 613-824-1181
DIRECTORY MARTIN DESLAURIERS – Physical and emotional healing. From injuries to chronic diseases, pain, burnout, grief. Grounding and self-healing group sessions. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Jurlique Organic Skin Care. Gayle Mickelson 613.422.5701
• Feng Shui BALANCE - HARMONY - ENERGY Enhancing spaces that transform your life. Registered Interior Designer and Certified Feng Shui Consultant. Specializing in Space and Clutter Clearing, Space Planning, Design and Decoration, Colour and Light, Renovation and Construction. Pamela Burns, ARIDO, IDC, Reiki Master (613) 741-4055 CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Feng Shui Workshops PRACTITIONER/FACILITATOR LINDA THERRIEN from Life Health Healing Center provides two workshops. Introduction to Feng Shui with compass and Advanced Feng Shui with crystals both include certificates. Let Feng Shui in your home and in your life help you achieve Harmony, Abundance, Happiness and more. Workshops are held on the third Saturday or Sunday of each month from 1pm to 5pm. Pre-registration required. Linda is the founder and teacher of Dimensional Meditation with crystals. Call: 613-824-4548 or visit www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Family Planning FAMILY PLANNING CONSULTING using the highly successful Lunar Phase Method. One time fee of $100.00 includes personalized profile and follow up. Nancy at 613-324-4458 or fertility-wheel @hotmail.com.
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of stubborn patterns and blockages, healing of trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custom-made foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at dr.gauthier@ sympatico.ca or www.spineandfoot.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-612-1181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Herbs JUDY’S ORGANIC HERBS Canada’s favourite source for medicinal herbs & health items. Huge selection of highest-quality organic bulk herbs including Premium Herbs from our gardens, vibrant tinctures, oils & vinegars, custom formulas, Ayurvedic herbs, Best-Tasting Krispy Kelp, DEET-Free Insect Repellent, Poison Ivy Remedy, fresh Ginseng, Vita-Mix, LiteBook, Chi Machine, Far Infrared Hot House, large selection of books & more. Mailed to your home or office. Free e-newsletter. Consultations available by appointment. www.earthmedicine.ca 613-832-8241 613-832-8241
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www.nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328
• Hotstone Healing JOIN HOT STONE ENERGY THERAPIST and Reiki Master Pauline Brown A.N.N. member for the utmost in healing, relaxation, and a wonderful state of well-being. $85.00 for 90 minute session. Call: 819-684-7885 or visit: www.healinghandswithpauline.ca. Receipts provided and gift certificates available BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com.
• Hypnotherapy WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE? Holistic hypnosis guides you to your unique solutions and a better life! Priscilla Corcoran, www.radiantchanges.com 613-859-3902
DIRECTORY RID YOURSELF OF OLD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS. Hypnosis and HypnoAcupunctbure. SLEEP despite your partner’s snoring thanks to hypnosis. Weight loss, Drug, Smoking, Sex, Food and Gambling addictions. Age regression to correct decades old influences. Hypnosis by Judy Spence (CH), National Guild of Hypnotists-certified. Ottawa 613-7282579 OR Gatineau: 819-661-1061. 1st session: $100. Subsequent $80. Insurance receipts. www.naetottawa.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessive-compulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www.graceplacewellness. com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-3903553 firstname.lastname@example.org MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-2056670 www.martinebrisson.com BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - email@example.com www.kaivalya.ca KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist who will guide you to become who you wish to be...Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Energy Counselling INTUITIVE ENERGY THERAPIST/ COUNSELOR and Author Cheryl Jiala Driskell helps you BENEFIT from an ‘Intuitive Approach’ to your health. What is out of balance is immediately made clear and energy therapies bring you back to flow! 15 mins from Island Park 819-328-9128. www.intuitivelight.com
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Intuitive Psychic Readings LINDA THERRIEN World Known Medium Clairvoyant. Using Crystals, Chinese Astrology and Channeling Cards, my Readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and Spiritual
Healing. I am accurate, dependable and gifted. I am Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, Past Life Regression Channeling Facilitator and a Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner. (613-8244548) www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 KERRY PALFRAMAN. NOT A FORTUNE TELLER. Goes straight to the root of troubling problems & yanks them to the surface for you to see. www.indigowisdom.ca LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 SUZANNE WHITE Bilingual Psychic/Medium, Card & Photo Readings, Dowsing, Psychometry and House Clearing. 343-8826559 email@example.com www.suesintuition.ca INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367 MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 DEREK VAN DER LIGHT. What are you looking for? Love? Money? Satisfaction? Let me help you meet your needs. Call or text me: 613.252.7509 Email: derek. firstname.lastname@example.org Blog: derekvanderlight.wordpress.com
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
DIRECTORY • Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Kinesiology THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Live Cell Microscopy
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
• Lymphatic VODDER METHOD. Effective treatment for acute & chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM, RN. 613-728-2579 www.naetottawa.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427 MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www.restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS Effective treatment of many chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM RN. 613-7282579 www.naetottawa.com CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca RE - SELF - ING, a Journey to Wholeness, orthotherapie, swedish massage, reiki. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna 613842-3337 firstname.lastname@example.org
LIVE CELL MICROSCOPY. Heal yourself at the cellular level. View red and white blood cell health, and contents of the blood stream. www.aliveandwellness.ca
NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613)
566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca RIDEAU MASSAGE THERAPY - Feeling stress, pain,or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Free Parking. 418 Rideau St. 613-241-3434. More info at www.lorirmt.ca or contact Lori at email@example.com BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com YONG KAI, RMT, Registered Massage Therapist. Stress & Tension, Back & Neck Pain, Stress & Tension, Muscle Strains, Headaches & Migraines, Sciatica, Tendonitis, Sport Injuries (613) 435-6988, cell (613) 852-4852. Insurance Accepted. firstname.lastname@example.org MAITLAND MASSAGE THERAPY: a healing company.Online booking. www.MaitlandMassage. ca Free parking. Melanie Ransom, RMT, BHSc. 878 Maitland Ave. 613-722-6423 RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127.
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
DIRECTORY • Meditation THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. email@example.com 1 800 226 4428 CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. DYNAMIC MEDITATION. Learn the lifechanging techniques of deep mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace and wellbeing. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion, development of chakras. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org. GROUNDING AND SELF-HEALING group sessions. Emotion integration and transmutation. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: email@example.com or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org LEARN TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES that will enhance your growth and development to bring the meditative process into daily living. Individual and group classes-daytime/evening. ISUL method. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 firstname.lastname@example.org MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful & healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Sandy Hill, WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com, http://bit.ly/TwinHearts SAHAJA YOGA MEDITATION. Awaken your Kundalini energy to balance you, connect you to cosmic consciousness, and bring about your spiritual rebirth. Visit us at freemeditation.com or sahajayoga.ca. Saturdays 3:00 pm Ottawa Public Library 120 Metcalfe (FREE)
MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. MÉDITER POUR L’ÉVOLUTION DU MONDE:Un nombre grandissant d’individus cherchent une façon de s’engager et d’aider la planète. C’est précisément le rôle des groupes de méditation de Transmission de participer au processus de transmission des énergies venant des Maîtres de Sagesse, pour le besoin de l’humanité. Joignez-vous à notre groupe de méditation, tous les mercredis de 19h à 21h au Centre communautaire Richelieu-Vanier, 300, avenue Des PèresBlancs, Ottawa, On, K1L 7L5. Informations supplémentaires: (613) 841-2264
• Meditation on CD JENNIFER BERNIUS guides you through 5 soothing and inspiring meditations to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. This CD, Into the Silence, with gorgeous musical accompaniment, will revitalize your daily meditation practice, helping to open your chakras and awakening you to the healing power of light. Cost: $20. 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mentoring Program FOR OVER 20 YEARS KERRY PALFRAMAN has been a spiritual teacher and healer. This program offers you her personal support and guidance in any area of your choosing. Empowering you towards you your next level of mastery. www.indigowisdom.ca
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• N.A.E.T. ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET,
Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-661-1061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Natural Healing THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-627-3880, firstname.lastname@example.org PURE MED NATUROPATHIC CENTRE Licensed Naturopathic Doctors focusing on Digestive Disorders, Fatigue and Stress, Pain, Menopause, and Healthy Aging. Come in for a free 15 minute consultation to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 298 Dalhousie St., Suite 150 613-216-4661, email@example.com, puremednaturopathic.com
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org; 613-842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
DIRECTORY • Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life and Spiritual Journeys ALLAN GREEN, Master Past Life and Spiritual Journey Facilitator since 1982; Allan sees what you see & feels what you feel. Eliminate Fears, Blockages, Pain from Past Life wounds. Find your Mission/Purpose, Meet Spirit Guides. Talk with People crossed over. Clear up people issues, that holds you back. www.allangreen.ca email@example.com 1-877-213-7576.
• Pranic Healing FAYE IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions at a studio in the Byward Market, as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye sees clients for a broad range of physical and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, Pranic facelifts or weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec. As part of her service to her community, Faye holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Sandy Hill every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario. ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook. com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Qigong PHILIP LAI QI GONG ASSOCIATION offers Qi Gong and Tai Chi courses at various locations in Ottawa. The classes are taught by Master Philip Lai (a certified naturotherapist who has 30 years of experience teaching Qi Gong, Kung Fu and traditional Chinese medicine) and associates. Qi Gong helps to reduce your stress, control pain and allergies, strengthen your self-healing ability and increase your energy level. Training to become a certified instructor and private consultations with Master Lai are also available. For more information, contact Catherine at 613737-0553 or visit www.philiplaiqigong.ca CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:15-10:45am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@gmail.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Nov. 28-29 Information Healing; Jan. 16, 9:30noon Free Seminar; Jan.16-17 Qi and Structure; March 5-6 Basic; April 2 Open Mind; May 13-15 Retreat; June 4-5 Transposing and Mapping; July 9, 9:30 -noon Free
Seminar; July 9-10 Information Healing. Contact Angela at email@example.com or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. email@example.com Visit: www.TheReconnection.com ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com ENJOY AN HOUR of head, feet & hands reflexology. Great for stress, relaxation and general well-being. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com, 613.897.9642
LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki LIFE HEALTH HEALING CENTER Linda Therrien, Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master/ Teacher. Weekly classes and treatment sessions. Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, weekly private classes. Call: 613-824-4548 www.lifehealthhealing.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com VISION REIKI- CATHERINE BASTEDO Holographic-Usui Reiki Master. Personalized Reiki classes in English or French; individual sessions, daytime/week ends. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. Call 819-778-2590 firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com PESI SHROFF Traditional Usui Reiki Master/ Teacher & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins are committed to self-empower individuals who commit themselves to healing & personal growth. They offer Hands-on & Long Distance Reiki Treatments; Reiki Level I & II courses & Reiki Masters. Reiki is used for: Pain, Stress & Chronic Medical Condition Management; Anti-aging & Health maintenance; Improving Immunity, and more. Also See Workshops section. Visit www.zgoldenlight.com; Pesi: 613 829 0224; Lise: 613 795 1469; firstname.lastname@example.org “Empowering one person at a time”
DIRECTORY ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com UNIVERSAL LIFE FORCE-MASTER REIKI CLASSES 3 in 1 based on the Usui Method. New and all levels welcome...individual and small classes. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com ANNA GREEN, MA - SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – www.spiritwell.ca - 613-729-2775. Bodycentered Process Work, Spiritual Care, Reiki & Training, Chakras, Aromatherapy, Bach Remedies, Muscle testing, SET, EFT, Meridians/ Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime - Civic Hospital Area. REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com sGODDESS & THE GREEN MAN CRYSTAL EARTH RETREAT Personal customized Up-levelling Retreats for people using our services, on the Canadian Shield in OMPAH, 45 minutes North West of Perth. www.allangreen.ca www.catherinegreen. net www.crystalearthhealingspa.com 613479-0299 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427 STEPHANIE BROSSARD ROLFING® STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION. Stephanie Brossard Certified Rolfer™ www.sbrolfing. com email@example.com 613-240-5285
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836 GORGEOUS ‘VIOLET FLAME HEALING ROOM’ available at Green Spirit, a cosy, high vibration spiritual store located at 5558 Manotick Main St in Manotick. Very reasonable rates. Flexible schedules can be accommodated. Various forms of advertising included.
• Schools THE 8TH FIRE - School for professional training and development in the Algonquin Healing Arts of Shamanism, Spiritual Healing, and Energy Medicine. Two-year professional training program and certification offered, among the most comprehensive Shamanic Training programs in the world, taught by a Traditional Algonquin Medicine Person. Many teachings are unique and exclusive to this training alone. Phone 613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com for more info. ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Year Certification Program provides complete training in the ancient arts of Crystal and Shamanic Healing | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s Awakening the Illuminated Heart Workshop and more…
| Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism (Traditional & Authentic) ALGONQUIN MEDICINE MAN - Spiritual Healing & Energy Medicine, offering a comprehensive listing of services and ceremonies to help facilitate healings on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. Traditionally trained Algonquin Healer available at (613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com.
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 | email@example.com | www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com IN A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT, experience traditional ceremonies and medicine that promote physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Distance Healing also available. SatDaya Williams at 447 Holland Ave Unit 3, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com SHAMANIC ENERGY WORK IN PERSON OR AT A DISTANCE for physical, emotional and spiritual healing and well-being. Also animal totem workshops. Janice Land (613) 834-6677. www.journeytoinnerhealing.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556. SOUND THERAPY WITH FIBONACCI & SOLFEGGIO TUNING FORKS. Expand your consciousness and promote healing on all levels of your being, across all dimensions. Bring your soul back into perfect alignment with its own ‘song’! Contact Kay Aveling at Green Spirit in Manotick, 613 692 5151 or 613 795 1970.
DIRECTORY • Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. with Rev. Nicole Moronval, President and Founder, Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill ave. N. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at email@example.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org RECEIVE GENTLE LOVING MESSAGES FROM YOUR ANGELS through tarot. Please visit my website at www.nicolelehmann.ca or call me at 613-371-2525. TAROT READINGS with DAVID CLOUDS. If you’re looking for a Reading, it’s a good indication that you would benefit from having one. I have a home practice and make house calls. Please visit my website, davidclouds.com, or ring 613 619 5977
TAROT INTERPRETATION BY SUZANNE DUC. Private consultation and party readings available. Home page at www.facebook.com/ sdtarot. Contact (613) 841-2597 or suzanne. email@example.com to arrange an appointment. PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
• Thai Massage LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St.613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation, pain relief, supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Therapies & Healing PAST LIVES AND KARMIC HEALING. Through deep meditation reconnect with your past lives to heal hold wounds and free yourself from karmic links. Nathalie Hillman in Gatineau, French or English. nathalie@ reprisedememoires.com 819-930-2290 reprisedememoires.com
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at email@example.com
• Visceral Manipulation
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-236-5758. MINIMEWEBSITES.COM Affordable websites, banners. Free Consultation: 613-824-9348 WEBSITESBYDARLENE.COM - One small business helping another. From $250. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 email@example.com
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email email@example.com. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com.
DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
DIRECTORY BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION, SelfEmpowerment, Counseling & Developmental Workshops by Reiki Master Pesi Shroff & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins: Bring about the Paradigm Shift from a mindcentered to a heart-centered approach. Workshops: 1) Letting go of False Ego; 2) Releasing Self-limiting Thoughts; 3) Releasing Unpleasant states - Fear, Anger, Frustration, etc; 4) Forgiveness, the Easy Way; 5) Energetically Harmonizing Your Relationships; 6) Energetically Quietening Your Mind. Also see Reiki section. Visit www. zgoldenlight.com; 613 829 0224; 613 795 1469; firstname.lastname@example.org “Empowering one person at a time” SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www.spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact spiritpainting2002@yahoo. com Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX. COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/ certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS with an esoteric approach using hypnosis and NLP. For more info visit www. TheSuccessRoom.ca or call 613.699.4555 WORKSHOP SPACE AVAILABLE days and evenings. Maximum 25 people. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836
• Yoga RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE Are you stressed? Anxious? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? We’ve got you covered. With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone (sometimes even soup!).Come shop, socialize, sip on our house tea, read from our community library or drop off a food bank donation. Can’t afford yoga rates? Let’s talk. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation, like we said, we’ve got you covered, because yoga is for everyone With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation. www.ottawayoga.com 613.234.7974 342 Gladstone Ave YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other props, DVDs, CDs. Complimentary tea
after each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-304-6320, www.yogaandtea.com GENTLE YOGA AND MEDITATION. Mondays in Crystal Beach (just west of Bayshore). 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Maki House Community Centre. 19 Leeming Drive. Julie 613-254-8469 PRANASHANTI YOGA CENTRE. A full-service wellness centre in the Hintonburg area of Ottawa near the Parkdale Market minutes from downtown and numerous public transportation stops. In our custom designed eco-friendly 8,000-sq.ft centre, our dedicated team of teachers and therapists offer a wide variety of classes in 4 spacious studios and specially designed therapies in our Consultation spaces. Our soothing atmosphere and inspiring setting will help you cultivate a deep inner state of body centered restful awareness that will benefit every aspect of your life. Our spa-like change rooms with ample showers, Infrared Sauna and full service boutique further support your healthy lifestyle. Open 7 days/week, 80+ classes/week. Workshops, teacher training programs, concerts and events offered throughout the year. 100+ free parking spaces, complimentary tea served all day. Relax, take your time, leave feeling renewed. Drop in for a visit! 613.761.9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com ADI SHAKTI YOGA CENTRE IN ORLÉANS/ OTTAWA EAST serving with gratitude since 2003. Director/Owner: Lise Ram Das Latulippe. Ottawa’s Home of KUNDALINI YOGA: humanity’s most ancient yoga. Beginners & Advanced classes of uplifting, fun & highly informative Kundalini Yoga taught by experienced, certified teachers. Enjoy our healing ambiance, heavenly music, a cup of tea & community spirit. Classes 7 days/week. Private classes; Yogic Numerology; Nutrition consultations; Reiki treatments & training; Yogic workshops; Annual Women’s Yoga Retreat; Concerts; Monthly Gong Relaxation Evenings; Sunrise Kundalini Yoga Sadhana; Bilingual teachers; Boutique. We are the Yogic lighthouse of Ottawa East - Come Feel Great... One Breath at a Time! 1445-A Youville Drive, 2nd Fl., Orléans. www. AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com. Call 613 824-9189. SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your
own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor WISHINGTREE YOGA CENTRE -- Yoga for Selfrealization. For all ages, beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. www.wishingtreeyoga.ca NUDE YOGA (Private and SemiPrivate) For women who are comfortable in their bodies and who want to explore a deeper feeling of freedom while performing Hatha Yoga with certified and experienced yoga instructor, Teresa Splinter. Starting at $20.00. www. feelamazingyoga.com
BEYOND YOGA STUDIO & WELLNESS CENTRE offers over 7,000 sq. ft. of spacious studios, wellness facilities, change rooms, retail space and a lounge where you can relax, rejuvenate and enjoy our yoga community. Beyond is a sanctuary that will enable you to “reach beyond” to rediscover yourself in your search for your true purpose and passion. Please join us for classes, workshops, special events and wellness services. Conveniently located at 66 Hearst Way in Kanata beside the Eagleson Road Park & Ride. www.beyondyogaottawa.com (613) 591-9642 (YOGA)
LA TROPIQUA CAFÉ-Lounge, Yoga Studio and Spa, a new and innovative gem at 1292 Wellington St. West. An oasis for relaxation and healthy living. Contact: 613-695-CALM (2256) YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
CLASSIFIEDS • For Sale FAR INFRARED SAUNA. In pristine condition. Made in Ontario by SaunaRay - www. saunaray.com. Model SR-1 Compact. Fits one person. $2,000. Text: 613-298-1999. Phone: 819-682-0434 MASSAGE TABLE. Professional, heavy duty, custom designed with hole for face, shelving for towels, quality wood/vinyl top, easily disassembled. $1200 negotiable. Phone 613-829-2002 or 613-820-3743. INDOBASKET.CA Need a special Mother’s Day present? 100% biodegradable hanging baskets complete with ready-to-use organic herbs! Order online or come pick one up in person at the Ottawa Farmers Market on Sundays on Bronson starting May 4th @ $15 or 2/$25 (del’y available) www.indobasket.ca (613) 304-1767
• For Rent
ROOM FOR RENT - Woodroffe/ Meadowlands. $495/mth. 40’s female seeks roommate to share tastefully decorated bsmt. apt. Two cats, so no other pets please. More info contact roomie@gmail. com or text 613-600-4136. HELP PLAN new model farm/forest/mixed activity co-op, some housing, 100+ members, different levels of participation, easy join, efficient technologies, within 1.5 hrs SW of Ottawa. Carlos 613-231-6181
• Looking for... WANTED: RMT, At an established (1998) Natural Health Centre. Very reasonable rates and great co-workers Please call Denise: 613-913-2803
Stephanie Brossard Rolfing® Structural Integration What is Rolfing® Structural Integration? Rolfing SI Is a form of manual therapy and movement education developed by Dr. Ida Rolf over 50 years ago. Rolfing SI works on the fascia (connective tissue) in the body to release and realign the entire system: bringing the body towards vertical alignment and greater ease in gravity. Rolfing SI can create some dramatic results, including: - Improved posture - Increased energy - Greater flexibility and range of motion - Improved balance and stability - Alleviation of pain - Greater body awareness - Injury recovery (including repetative motion, sports injuries, surgeries, etc.) - Enhanced athletic performance Rolfing is an excellent compliment to yoga, pilates and other personal wellness and fitness practices. For more information, or to book a session, go to www.sbrolfing.com or contact me directly at email@example.com or 613-240-5285
Our core sexual energy must integrate with our authentic spiritual power to fully address our daily issues. As an integrative consciousness teacher, relationship coach and counsellor, I have 20 years of training and life experience supporting this emerging paradigm. Access the root of your sexual pleasure and spiritual power through Divine Tantric Touch, Meditation and Ecstatic Embodiment Sessions. I cater to individuals and couples of all ages and backgrounds. Devi Bliss, Certified Tantric Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org ~ www.divinetantrictouch.com
MONTHLY EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT
Visit Your Soul at Your Spiritual Oasis Starting Sunday, November 22nd - 1:00pm – 4:00pm Sound Healing ● Peruvian Reiki ● Meditation Tarot Card Readings
Sacred Circle Dance Experience joy in movement, well-being, and harmony with others. No dance experience required for this fun, accessible exploration and practice of unity and alignment. Ottawa Circle contact: Anne, email@example.com. Aylmer Circle contact: Jen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosted by Rick Lecuyer and Moira Hutchison Seats are limited so please call or email to register: 613.432.1239 ● Moira@WellnessWithMoira.com November 2015
Help Us make a global impact
wo sisters from Ottawa have started the Be Your Self Project initiative because they imagine a better world. Their message surrounding the Joy of Energy empowered them to launch the project to share the secrets of self-care and holistic well-being that they have been practicing for years. To help you on your journey to a joyful lifestyle, we have simplified the secret language of energy and SELF Being into modern, simple, everyday terms and interactive, easy-to-use lifestyle tools. Our tools support mediation, spiritual reflection, life decisions, self-care and self-awareness. They help you if you are searching for answers to life’s questions, finding your soul’s purpose and awakening your spirit’s consciousness. The Joy of Energy lifestyle tools include: ∗Free ∗ Joy of Energy seminars ∗∗ Joy of Energy oracle cards – AWAKE | ALIVE | AHA! ∗100% ∗ Organic, Made in Canada energy wear – “i am a SELF Being” and “be your self” We are expanding our current tools to include: ∗∗ Online awareness sessions and events ∗∗ Worldwide retreats and conferences ∗∗ A Youtube Channel to inspire you daily ∗∗ Joy of Energy mobile app We need 1,000+ likes by November 30, 2015 to go global. ∗∗Go to Facebook “Be Your Self Project” (please note the spaces between the words) and LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT ∗∗Go to our website www.beyourselfproject.com and add your name to our mailing list ∗∗Share us with your press and media contacts and help us get an article. Will you support us in raising the energy vibration of the universe? Donna and Sharon are Energy Lifestylists who believe you can heal and transform your SELF and live with pure JOY! The Be Your Self Project launched in October 2015 alongside the I Am Genie wish foundation for cancer patients and Deepak Chopra with his message for the Future of WellBeing, giving us the positive launch forward we needed to take our message global. “We are deeply grateful for the overwhelming reception we have received so far. Your positive energies continue to fill our cups with joy”.
Death and Dying Ian Prattis Henry Scott Holland (1847 – 1918) was professor of Divinity at Oxford University. This is one of the many gems he left as a legacy – from one hundred years ago.
Pine Gate Mindfulness Community Nucleus of Friends for Peace Canada Teachings every Thursday 7.00pm - 9.00pm Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7 Contacts: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org • 613 726 0881 http://www.ianprattis.com/PineGate/
eath is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped away into the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by the old familiar name. Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no differentials into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of shadow upon it. Life means all that it ever meant; it is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity. What is this death but a neglible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am ouot of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner. All is well.
Dr Paul Greenacre
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613 234-5758
www.medicaldentistry.ca Downtown and Alta Vista locations
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor
Awareness Allows Change
Holistic Group Healing
e struggle to improve ourselves, with lists of goals taped to our bathroom mirror and images of slim healthy people taunting us from the fridge, often in vain. Change is not mapped out well in our culture. We are expected to be able to do it using just our intentions without clearly understanding the brain’s urgent need for constancy, safety, comfort and survival. Pushing ourselves (and others) too hard or in a wrong direction is like trying to stretch out an elastic band and hold. Eventually we get tired and let go, rebounding back into old habits with a vengeance. We only have so much self-discipline as a physical brain function. Does this mean we allow ourselves to indulge in anything until we have some magical insight? No, this doesn’t work either; it only strengthens bad habits—and low self-esteem! Change is a subtle thing, a profound process of evolution that happens effortlessly when we are ready. As we become aware of our real physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs, we can take the next steps that are right for us. Many things facilitate this transformational awareness, but only when used with honesty, selfacceptance and humility by all parties involved. They include heart to heart conversations in safe
Things That Are Not Smart
Thursday, November 19, 1-3*
Meditation Tea & Talk Wednesdays, 8-9am
Holistic Kids’ Classes Wednesdays 4-6/dinner*
Carp Healing Circle 613-839-1198 www.ecowellness.com
Sunday, November 15, 2-4* * preregistration required
environments, mindful meditation, constitutional homeopathy, overcoming challenges, grateful prayer and being with people whose love can reach in and touch our soul. It is from our soul that we manifest our best self…however getting through the layers of pain that cover it needs to be a careful process; go too quickly and resistance kicks back. Maybe, instead of pinning photos of cool people to our mirror, we can gaze at images of folks who radiate wisdom, humour, acceptance and peace, nudging us to be kind to ourselves on this challenging, human part of our journey. Slower is faster. Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. is retired from private practice and now runs gentle groups for healthy change, meditations and classes for children to explore their spirituality. She is continually amazed and humbled by the layers of pain asking to be healed in herself… www.ecowellness.com
mart Meters, Smart Phones, Smart Water or most products that have the word smart in it, they have conned us into believing that smart is good for us we do not question the word “smart” as we should. Check out on your search engine “Death By Smart Meter”. Ever since smart meters arrived on our homes and businesses with no testing how they would effect out health and well being people are suffering with sleepless nights, migraines, pain and nausea. Even your doctors do not understand how these frequencies are affecting us as they just prescribe more medication. Hydro and Health Canada denies the damage from these so called smart meters on our health. Remember that with the old analog meters we have had in out homes for 40 to 50 years; no fires, no pollution and no breakdowns, when these new meters breakdown in a couple of years we will have to cover the cost of replacement. When I hear clients say “I cannot afford the EMF System System to protect my home and family” I say how can you not? All these man made frequencies are just increasing more and more every day with the need for more technology.
Our EMF Balancers work 24/7. No batteries, no plug ins and if you move, you can take them with you. Check out my YouTube video, Steve Priebe www.emffreezone.ca • email@example.com Energy Exchange Meeting first Friday of every month at 7pm the Ottawa Citizen Bldg. Behind Ikea. By donation. The hall is balanced against EMF for the evening. Come Out And Feel The Difference “HAVE AN AWESOME BALANCED MONTH”
The Voice of Sound Healing and Music Therapy
ound healing, sound medicine and music therapy offer a range of techniques and models for supporting the healing of the body, mind and spirit. Sound healers sometimes use singing bowls. The vibration of the bowls allows the body and mind to relax and release blocks to the flow of energy through the chakras and meridians, promoting prevention and healing of dis-ease. It is a receptive technique, where your job is to relax and let the sounds flow through you. Some people go on journeys meeting guides, while others report a relaxing and softening musical meditation and sound massage. I engage the healer’s voice, singing in an empathic, intuitively guided vocal improvisation. As a singer and composer, the melodies are beautiful to listen to. Many sound experts say that the voice is the most important of all the healing instruments available to us. We all have one, naturally. For non-singers, you may find that through expressive vocal work, your singing voice can open up! Common vocal sound healing techniques are toning into the chakras and chanting with spiritual texts. I am exploring and developing other techniques, too, for tapping the voice’s healing potential with a small group of eager learners. This is an interactive, experiential adventure for those wanting to dig a bit deeper. Music therapy draws from these resources and adds its own. Using rhythmic and sometimes melodic instruments, non-musicians may find a voice for feelings
Sri Chinmoy Answers
Question: What is the difference between prayer and meditation? SRI CHINMOY: The difference between prayer and meditation is this: when we pray, we feel that our existence is a one-pointed flame soaring upward. When we meditate, we throw ourselves into a vast expanse, into an infinite sea of peace, or we welcome the infinite Vast into us. When we pray, we talk and God listens. When we meditate, God talks and we listen. When we pray, we go up to God; when we meditate, God comes down to us. Ultimately they are the same. The highest prayer was uttered by the Saviour Christ: “Let Thy Will be done.” This prayer is also the beginning of meditation. When prayer stops its journey, meditation begins. Meditation is like going to the bottom of the sea, where everything is calm and tranquil. On the surface of the sea there may be a multitude of waves, but the sea is not affected below. In its deepest depths, the sea is all silent. When we start meditating, first we try to
which are hidden away. Engagement in creating music stimulates the brain’s elasticity, tying together selfexpression, emotion, communication, coordination, creativity, and focus into whole brain-whole person activity. It can unlock unconscious, unresolved emotions that can gently surface for acknowledgement and release. This work is often interactive and enhances self-expression and whole brain thinking. Research shows music therapy is invaluable for people with a wide range of special challenges, such as autism, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, mental illnesses, strokes and a whole range of developmental disorders. Pamela Holm is a Registered Psychotherapist, Music Therapist Accredited, and Sound Healing intuitive. For information on workshops and concerts go to www.DeepSoulSinging.com or email DeepSoulSinging@gmail.com
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
reach our own true existence—that is to say, the bottom of the sea. Then, when the waves come from the outside world, we are not affected. Fear, doubt, worry and all the earthly turmoils just wash away, because inside us is solid peace. Thoughts cannot touch us, because our mind is all peace, all silence, all oneness. This is meditation. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
RHYTHM OF THE YEAR WITH TREE ESSENCES
In an optimal state of health, the human body's vibrates at frequencies that maintain a state of energy balance. When this is disrupted, for one reason or the other, health problems may arise. Stress, which is (a monthly series about the vibration our mental and emotional response to events we may be confronted with in life, is among the major factors of the month and trees) which interfere with our energetic balance. by Celine Cloutier and Daniel Tigner In this regard Tree Essences, by conveying the November 2015: Tree Essences energy of the trees in subtle liquid extracts (usually Their Positive Impact on Our Qi taken orally as drops), can help to restore the sense of and Emotional Outlook (condensed emotional and mental balance and harmony we might from an article by Maria Teresa De have lost. Although not being a “cure” for any specific Donato, Ph.D., RND, CHom) health issue, these natural products can he Tree Essences produced by Canada contribute to the overall well-being of Forest Tree Essences increase our levour mind-body-spirit. They can be used el of awareness, which helps us to identiwith great benefit throughout the year fy, and consequently correct, negative as a complement to all self-reliant health ways of thinking and perceiving that conpractices. tribute to reactive behavior and poor life The November months can bring a choices. The use of Tree Essences is part seasonal type of stress through the impact of what may be referred to as Energy of dark nights, the oncoming cold and the Therapy or Vibrational Healing, which is bare landscape on our Qi and emotions. a branch of complementary medicine. What essences can serves us best at this The Foundation of Vibrational time of year? Essences is the understanding that all The Harmony Essence will help keep living organisms are animated by a nonour Qi energy in balance; the Playfulness physical inner life force called Qi that Essence will help us maintain a lighter flows through and sustains all organic and less serious outlook; and the Joyful life, including plants, flowers and trees. Living Essence will help us tap into our Sugar Maples lose their leaves by In the case of natural tree essences, the inner resources and support networks. November, part of the rhythm of nature. Qi energy contained in them reaches Bare of leafs you can see their wonderful Enjoy being in harmony! highest frequencies and, consequently, structures and feel the flow of Qi. has the highest impact at a mind-bodyNext month, we look into the vibration of spirit level. December and related Trees!
QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTER PRESENTS Qi-Gong workshops given by Sifu James January 16, 2016, 9:30am - noon. FREE SEMINAR What is Qi. How to feel and activate it for healing.
Kindest Regards, Celine and Daniel, Canadian Forest Tree Essences
FREE TAROT READING (in exchange for your feedback donations also welcomed)
At Kitchissippi United Church at 630 Island Park Drive
January 16 • 1 - 4pm and January 17 • 9:30am - 3:30pm How Emotion and Structure affect health and ways to return to wellness March 5-6 , Level 1 of Qi-Matic Qigong: How to sense Qi (energy) and harness Universal energy for healing oneself and others.
Email your general situation, first name (and last, ideally) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the International Academy of Health Education 380 Forest St.
No rush orders!
Information & Registration: Angela Fung email@example.com or (613) 762 8893
Entertainment Only but hopefully it helps!
The Power of Awareness
Thoughts lead to feelings, feelings lead to actions, actions lead to results is a success formula that I was By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC taught a number of years ago. You can apply this formula ut down this magazine for a moment and look to any aspects of your life and achieve amazing results. But the only way it will work is if you deliberately around you. What do place your awareness on you see? What do you its component parts. Use hear? What do you smell? the Power of Awareness to What do you feel? This is firstname.lastname@example.org achieve all that you want called being aware of your www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca out of life! surroundings and most Tel: 613.440.2734 Daniel Roy is the importantly, of yourself. Fax: 613.440.2560 principal instructor of We live in an environment the Ottawa-based Praxis in which we tend to run Wealth Institute. He is a our lives on auto-pilot, not Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP® Certified Financial Planner thinking too hard about the Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner as well as a Certified direction that we want to Retirement Coach and go in. This is fine if this is public speaker. He is what you want out of life. However, if you are anything the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement like me, I always need to be creating, thinking Readiness”. He conducts workshops and and planning. So running my life on auto-pilot courses on the subject of wealth management is not an option. This invariably means that I as well as designing meaningful and rewarding need to be aware of my thoughts, my feelings retirements. and my actions in order to get to where I want
to go. Negative thoughts = Negative results and Positive thoughts = Positive results.
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops.
and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details. Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional wounds. www. ottawacounselling.com
Avi Davies Thai Yoga massage is an ancient form of body work that combines rhythmic motion, energy line balancing, and gentle stretching into a comprehensive healing modality. Thai massage is excellent for postural issues, improving circulation, and for feeling at ease in your body. Avi has been practicing Thai massage since 2006. email@example.com Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.TCMP Registered Acupuncturist and Herbalist. She studied in the mountains of North Carolina in the art of classical Chinese medicine under the guidance of 88th generation daoist priest, Jeffery
The Only Limit is Our Imagination!
s we know, everything, without exception, is energy. And that energy is directed by our intention. We are all working with the Light, shining it as brightly as we can, spreading it around the world, and raising humanity’s vibration. How wonderful that is!! Many of us have likely seen or been aware of, first-hand, the power that our intention-setting has on the world around us. It is phenomenally powerful, to say the least! Most of us have also likely come across distant healing – where the intention to send healing energy is everything. And it works, since we truly are all connected…and there is no time and space in the world of spirit. In my sound healing practice one day, I had a client on the table, having a session…but also my mum in England was sick at that time. So I also imagined her on the table with my client. Stacked on top, in fact!! My client set their intention for the session, and I also set a separate intention for my Yuen. Inspired by not only the physical aspects of this rich medicine she is passionate about the spiritual and emotional aspects of our health and healing process. Please visit www.tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more information! Shanna Lynn R.H.N Registered holistic nutritionist. I provide a holistic approach to proper nutrition encourages education on basic nutrition to develop a holistic diet that incorporates natural and organic foods, natural supplements to support most health conditions. I offer care and support in a nonjudgement environment and work to bring you back to health. Christina Hearns Christine is the owner of Namaste My Friends and is a yoga instructor, reiki practitioner, chakra reader, crystal healer and channeller. 3 sessions available between 6 and 9 pm Thursday evenings at Planet Botanix. email@example.com
mum. Both received the healing. After that, I was pondering the concept some more, and the next time I did a session on a client, I also included all others in the world that needed healing. All virtually stacked up on top of each other on the table! Again, a separate intention was established for the client and the rest of the people. Then I thought…”Why stop at this? Why not the whole of humanity? In fact, why not all beings in the world? No…wait a minute…why not all beings in the Universe? In God’s creation?” So I imagined all piled up on the healing table! Of course I’ll never know what effect that session had on all the other beings apart from the client, but that doesn’t matter at all - I trust that the Light went where it was needed. The best part is that the client never felt squashed at all! If you are interested in a sound healing session with me (Kay), or in coming down to visit our spiritual store in Manotick, we would love to meet you!”
Julie Larochelle Usui Reiki Master and Tarot Certified Usui Reiki Master practitioner/teacher that has been with Planet Botanix for over a year as well as a Tarot card reader. Available every Friday nights from 5 - 9, to book an appointment you can reach Julie at JuReiki@hotmail.com or call Planet Botanix at 613-5674444 35th Anniversary Conference
Mindful Approaches for Strong Relationships Tuesday, November 10, 2015 Afternoon workshops (1pm-4pm) o Our Adlerian Psychotherapists will present on strengthening relationships in couples, families, and in the workplace. Evening program (7pm-9pm) o Alyson Schafer, Parenting Expert, Radio and TV Personality: “Mindful Practices for Managing Power Struggles” The Adlerian Counselling and Consulting Group is a leading provider of Psychotherapy, Counselling, Training and Consulting. We work with individuals, couples and families on a broad range of issues. In the workplace, we provide positive and creative solutions to the challenges our clients face. For more information, contact us by phone at 613-737-5553 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.aderiancentre.com.
Quantum-Touch ®Therapy & Quantum Physio:
pain originating in the upper part of her thighs, and the groin. We began to work on the legs, and during and following each session, her legs stretch out unbelievably Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch Therapy with the toes pointing and the feet twisting in all Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach, Author of directions, in ways that we could not physically make the legs move. This takes place over the entire session, Forthcoming book ‘Life Begins at “70”’ as the right arm where the surgery s I work with my clients I continue took place, continues to stretch and to learn what it means to have do amazing movements as well. As healing take place at the quantum we observed the body doing its own level and when the body knows that movements, we decided that this was the space is being held for it to do its quantum movement, and we decided own healing, then amazing events take to call it quantum physio. place. Following the session, when she In Ottawa area serving Ontario & Recently, as I worked with a regular Western Quebec stood up, she felt a bit unsteady on her client I’ve been seeing for probably legs, as she said that they felt totally 5 years, initially, for her left wrist, AILEEN MCKENNA different from before, and although broken when she fell on the ice over Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner she now felt quite a bit taller, she the Christmas season and was waiting Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor also knew that again, her body had to have two surgeries for her arm, Associate Polarity Practitioner changed, and had healed something including a bone graft. As it turned out, Certified Aromatherapist from the past. she needed neither of these surgeries, AILEEN’S OASIS as the bones all healed, including that Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT 613-228-2272 bone that had atrophied, and now had Instructor and Practitioner, certified 613-795-3751 regrown to its original size. email@example.com as the first Canadian instructor in At this moment during her sessions, www.aileensoasis.com June 2004. She has taught classes to her body is healing much older issues, www.quantumtouch.com 1,000s of students across Canada, some that she originally experienced at in the Caribbean and Scotland and a young child, and are now coming to the surface to be sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in healed. She experienced severe pains in her legs, which Ottawa. Aileen has been offering energy healing in was diagnosed as ‘growing pains’. As we speak about the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with her memory of this pain, she tells me about crying at Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning night with the pain, and of trying to keep her legs cool Quantum-Touch® therapy. You can reach her at 613by placing them along the wall beside her bed, that 228-2272, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, at seemed to provide her with some relief from the pain. email@example.com or you can check out As we’ve been working on other issues, particularly her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at the recovery from the surgery 13 years ago on her right www.wellnessunlimited.ca and the Quantum-Touch arm, she began to have discomfort down her right leg. website at www.quantumtouch.com. We realized that some of this pain was from the fall on the ice that had broken her right arm, and pulled Aileen is now offering a Mentoring Program in the the shoulder from the socket. Now she is aware of a work she presents and offers to the public, as well as different pain down her legs; pain that feels like nerve coaching in her Empathic Wellness work.
Healing the Injuries from the Past
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
1230 Wellington, Ottawa, ON 613-729-5973
The Power of Forgiveness By Rev. Roxanne Buckle, Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa
Ready to live healthily? In peace, with loving relationships? Then it’s time to forgive! Living in a state of unforgiveness means holding on to anger, resentment, hurt, and grudges or feeling guilty. It can make you experience “dis-ease”! Instead of living our true nature which is love, we experience pain and suffering, high blood pressure, addictive behaviors, and bad relationships. It’s like holding a clenched fist, and forgiveness allows us to unclench the fist, rediscovering the strengths we always had and relocating our limitless capacity to understand and accept other people and ourselves. Peace is built on the decisions we make and the actions we take in every moment. Nelson Mandela once said “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.” Deciding to forgive leads us ahead on the path to freedom and unlocks the door that has kept us a prisoner. So what’s keeping us from forgiving? Often it is the belief that forgiveness means the offender didn’t hurt us, or that forgiveness will somehow invalidate the hurt or condone the behavior. We think that we need to understand why the offender hurt us and make the offender face the consequences! Forgiveness
Kalyana Yoga Shala Offering Yin Yoga Intensive Training with Stephanie Calhoun
November 13-22, 2015 (10 DAYS/100 HRS)
~ Sunday Celebration at 10:30 a.m. ~ Our Kids in Unity program welcomes children ages 3-12 for a joy-filled learning experience. ~ OM Hour Meditation (last Wednesday of the month 7-8 p.m.) Location: The Good Companions Centre (670 Albert St) For more information go to unityottawa.org or call us 613-700-6489 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org We are an inclusive, joy-filled community celebrating Oneness. doesn’t mean the offender is off the hook. Nor should forgiveness be postponed until justice is served. Forgiveness doesn’t wait for punishment or closure. True forgiveness is an act we do for ourselves, that calls us to express our divine power of will. We hold resentments, therefore the work of forgiveness is ours to do. We may blame our feelings on another person, but feelings are not in the other individual, they are within us. The conflict is in us and we are at war with our true nature. There is no resolution to the conflict until peace reigns in our souls and we are expressing our loving self. Forgiveness is thus reduced to a simple idea: a return to love. (excerpted from a Sunday Lesson by Rev. Roxanne Buckle, Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa. unityottawa.org.)
7:30 am to 5:00 pm daily
Tel.: 613-745-9642 375 ST. LAURENT BLVD.,
My Yoga Journey By Zofia Kumas-Tan
y yoga journey began years ago, in a church basement, where I started yoga classes with my mother. We attended for a few years, and then I shifted my attention to my schooling, my career, and then motherhood. In 2014, my mother and I started taking yoga classes together once again. And now I find myself at the end of a 200h teacher training program in Traditional Hatha Yoga. I hadn’t really planned to sign up for yoga teacher training, but a number of events came together in my life, and there I was at Wishingtree’s yoga teacher training information session. Even then, I was unsure whether I could balance the demands of coursework with home responsibilities. But Rupa, co-founder of Wishingtree, told me that if I could set aside only 15 minutes each day for yoga, then I would manage just fine. And indeed I did. I learned a lot during my training. We covered topics ranging from: correct and safe performance of the asanas (poses); meditation; pranayama (breathing); mantras and chanting; the subtle energy body; and the Self, its nature, and its evolution. In truth, the learning has not ended with the training, but continues to unfold in my daily life.
One of the most important lessons for me has been about balance. Did you know that “hatha” is derived from the words sun (“ha”) and moon (“tha”)? Hatha yoga is about balancing the body’s energies. For example, holding a pose, we can be aware of the energies that ground us and lift us in the pose; when these energies are balanced, we experience ease and grace. The parallels to everyday life are many, for example: as we move through our day, are we focused on the completion of everyday tasks (too grounded), or are we floating in a cloud of dreams, hopes and fears (ungrounded)? Balance, ease, and grace in daily life are possible once we cultivate awareness and learn to guide our energies. We can keep both feet on the ground and reach for heaven at the same time. Rupa has been practicing Yoga since 1996. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom. Living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. She has found a way to balance both.
Wishingtree Yoga—Simply Yoga 150 Katimavik Rd. Suite 201, Kanata, Ottawa
Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Yoga Alliance Approved 200h Program
Start a journey with Rupa Manjari Devi Das. Expand and Deepen Your Experience.
Rooted in ancient wisdom Combined with modern practice Linked to the path of East and West Free information session on Sunday November 29, 2015 • 10:45 am Special offer: $2388 + Tax + Karma Yoga
For more information, please visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca 46
Moving In To The Flow Channeled by Lisa Virtue
he time of shifts has been strong. You are feeling the depths of you coming forth to be exposed, to bring to light the parts long since dormant, ignored or set aside. The parts that challenge you, that rile you, that bring you the sense of disharmony, yet truly are your greatest allies. Showing strongly that which requires your focus and your love. Transforming these hurts, these shadows, these painful parts into the brilliance of your light, through loving attention, through gentle exploration, through shifting and changing your perspective to find the new vantage that serves you better, that fills your light. As this increases for you the adjustments will come. Trust. Find and allow yourself to take advantage of the tools and assistance that comes to your awareness, often sent through your Guides. The flow is easy as you align and challenging as the persistence of the pain is in your focus. Let yourselves, dear ones, travel through the challenges and come in to your time periods of gentle flowing grace. Allow that the waves come and go as you partake in the transcending portion of experience at this time. We are with you. Allow the guidance to help ease your way. The toughest storms bring the greatest sense of grace and ease to follow.
Energy Healer & Divine Channel Live your authentic life. 613.296.4271
LISA VIRTUE www.LisaVirtue.com
With love in our hearts to yours forever more, Your loving Guides NamastĂŠ Lisa Virtue is an Energy Healer and Channel Medium. She offers guidance in managing your shifts and assists you in healing those disturbances that come to the fore. Book your healing sessions now. This holiday season find unique gifts of crystals to help your friends and loved ones, or book a channeling party to receive the wisdom of the angels, and answers to your questions. 613-296-4271 Lisa@lisavirtue.com www.LisaVirtue.com www.Facebook.com/LisaVirtue01
Workshops for 2015-2016
Qi-Matic Research Centre: Workshop by Sifu James 2015 Nov. 28-29 Information Healing 2016 Jan. 16, 9:30- noon Free Seminar Jan.16-17 Qi and Structure March 5-6 Basic April 2 Open Mind May 13-15 Retreat June 4-5 Transposing and Mapping July 9, 9:30 -noon Free Seminar July 9-10 Information Healing
Info & Registration Angela Fung email@example.com 613-762-8893
ROLLANDE THOMPSON Since 1974. Renowned bilingual tarot card reader, palmistry, numerology. Accurate, honest and dependable. My readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and your finances. I respect my work and will give you only my best. Individual consultations at your service. House parties and my own psychic line. Only a phone call away. Formerly on CFRA, CHIP & Rogers TV Telepsychic Show To book an appointment, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
3 s y a D ly On
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
BEST WESTERN HOTEL
1876 Robertson Rd., Bells Corners
NOVEMBER 6 - 8, 2015
Friday: 2pm-10pm Saturday: 11am-10pm Sunday: 11am-6pm
TOP PROFESSIONAL PSYCHIC READERS Psychics Lectures Mediums Demonstrations Tea cups Crystals & tarot cards Astrology for sale Holistic wellness show Join in on our seminars to find out Numerology about your own psychic abilities and Tarot Cards get your questions answered by our Aura Camera top pro psychics. Palmistry BE PREPARED FOR WHATâ€™S COMING UP! Free gemstone with admission $8.00; $5.00 with this ad 48
Tone mailing address: 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1