May 2018, Vol. 33, #9, Priceless
M a g azine A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 32 years
Bigger Better Ottawa Veg Fest ttawa’s favourite vegan and healthy food and lifestyle festival returns to the RA Centre for its 9th year on June 2-3, with a roster of high profile presenters and 25% more exhibitors, reflecting the growing demand for plant based food, products and services. “After years of slow and steady growth, over the past six to 12 months the interest in this way of living has exploded,” says Pamela Tourigny, Ottawa Veg Fest’s organizer and director. “Veg Fest is known in Ottawa as a fun, reliable, non-judgmental environment in which anyone can come to enjoy the food and learn.” The Table Vegetarian Restaurant returns as the presenting sponsor of the event. Ottawa Veg Fest will offer more than 100 exhibitors, including food, apparel, jewelry, non-profit, mindfulness, personal care products, and more. Samples will be available, along with food and products to purchase. This year showcases several varieties of plant-based “cheese”, “meat”, “milk” and “ice cream.”
Cooking demonstrations will occur on the Rainbow Foods / Market Organics cooking stage, featuring local restaurants The Table Vegetarian, Pure Kitchen and Chickpeas. Panel discussions on the topics of Veg Parenting, Ditching Dairy, Vegan Athletes, and Animal Activism are presented by Asian Stars Restaurant. Keynote presentations will be made by two very special guests on Saturday, June 2. Olympic figure skating medalist and long-time vegan Meagan Duhamel will present on her experiences as a vegan athlete, and her work with Humane Society International to end the dog meat trade. This presentation is sponsored by the National Capital Vegetarian Association. Former Montreal Canadien Georges Laraque will share his story of becoming vegan, thriving as a vegan athlete, and advocating for animals. PostNHL Laraque has also invested in several vegan food businesses.
Welcome to the Editor’s Note
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. Published 11 months/year. Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner. Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web: www.tone.ca • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
It’s spring! A time of renewal, trying new things and breaking out of our hibernation mode. This month’s issue is themed around healthy eating and herbs. Many are embracing new lifestyle choices for ethical or nutritional reasons, and these are a few examples of how we can focus on changing our lives for the better. Herbs have been around since time immemorial, and have been used in cooking, body care, medicines and spiritual work. Plant medicine has proven itself time and time again. In fact, the modern pharmacy can trace many medicines back to their roots in plant medicine. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said: “What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.” Healthy eating has had many different definitions. The key is to find the one that works for you! If you are looking for a holistic nutritionist, we here at Tone want to help you find one. Take a good look through our magazine and directory. You will always find something worth while. Tone is Ottawa’s resource for holistic living. Thank you for being part of our community and supporting us! You can follow us on social media (FaceBook and Twitter) and find all our articles on-line at www.tone.ca
Set to Sweep RA Centre June 2-3 Both Duhamel and Laraques will also About Ottawa Veg Fest Keynote participate in the Vegan Athletes panel. Presenter Meagan Duhamel On Sunday, video chef sensation The Meagan Duhamel is a 2018 Olympic Buddhist Chef (Jean-Philippe Cyr) will give gold and bronze medalist, in the figure a cooking demonstration, and participate in skating team and pairs events respectthe Ditching Dairy panel. ively. Meaghan is also a long time vegan, who demonstrates that it’s possible to On both Saturday and Sunday visitors not only survive – but also thrive – as a will be treated to The Sam & Amy show, an high performance elite athlete eating only entertaining and interactive presentation plant based vegan foods. featuring local vegan lifestyle personalities Samantha Shorkey and Amy Longard, who Meaghan rescued her dog Moo-tae are a personal trainer and chef/nutritionist - a miniature dachshund mix - from the respectively. Korean dog meat trade. S He now lives with her in Montreal , and she works with “We have lined up amazing local and Humane Society International to end the near-local talent to provide visitors dog meat trade. She adopted a with both entertainment and also second dog - Theo - from a local educational opportunities,” says SPCA. Tourigny. “The goal is to give people a fun and inviting event at which With her partner Eric Radford, they can explore, be inspired, and she’s also a two-time world chamlearn about HOW to create change pion, two time Four Continents within their lives.” champion, and seven-time Canadian National Champion. Admission is $5 at the door each day, and includes access to all presentations (space permitting). Visitors will also be invited to enter a ballot to win The Ultimate Vegan Prize Package, valued at about $2,000 and with prize contributions from many local veg-friendly businesses. (photo credit: Golden Skate / Danielle Earl) For more information about Ottawa Veg Fest, visit the website at www.vegfestottawa.ca, or follow on Facebook (facebook.com/ottawavegfest) or Instagram (@OttawaVegFest).
in prison, he wrote the book, “Hippocratic Corpus”, which sets out the Hippocratic Oath for physicians. By Hippocrates’ espoused standards, most modern day physicians would not be licensed to be a physician by ippocrates, who was born in Hippocrates himself. He did not 460 B.C. on the Greek island of believe in a specific diagnosis. The s Kos, is generally considered to be word “di-a-gnosis”, in Greek, means s s llne the “Father of Western Medicine”. two people who do not know what we smokin In his time, he was also considered they are doing. He believed in “difrui to be a human manifestation of the a-logue”, two Partners in Healing Greek god of healing, Asklepios. “logging in” with each other. xie ty During Hippocrates’ lifetime, there Hippocrates did not believe in self were about 400 asklepions or healing surgery and the use of drugs except -esteem centres throughout Greece and he in extreme cases. He believed in t weigh taught at a number of them. For “the healing power of nature”. example, he taught at the asklepions He extolled the virtues of foods COUNSELLING, COACHING on the islands of Kos and Rhodes, at & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE such as honey, barley and yogurt. Delphi, and at Eleusis, which is near Hippocrates taught us to ascertain Richard M. Haney Athens. when there is a perturbance in Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist I have visited and meditated at all the Field and to figure out what is four of these sites. (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 “right about” the existence of the Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. Hippocrates understood the great perturbance. The perturbance then www.ottawahypnosis.com importance of retreating into natural becomes a messenger indicating www.ottawacounselling.com surroundings as an integral part of that our Psyche needs to make an healing. adjustment to become healed. He, like myself, and many of my Partners in Healing In ancient times, Rhodes, where Hippocrates grew today, did not believe in the arbitrary boundaries up, was a centre for horse trading in the eastern between “body”, “mind”, “Spirit” and “environment”. Mediterranean. It would have been the Detroit of its He, I, and many Partners in Healing, believe in the Psyche time but with real “horse power”. The Greek word and the concept that everything is holographically “hippos” means horse. Back then physicians were inter-connected. We generally follow the principles not allowed to do autopsies, but Hippocrates had of “contextual healing”. The word “Psycho” implies learned about physiology, anatomy, and the importance that something is wrong, whereas the word “Psyche” of observation by watching his veterinarian father implies that we are imbedded in an energy field that working on sick or dead horses. we can adjust and tune up when there is a discernible Interestingly, there is virtually no mention of “mental “perturbance in the Field”. illness” in all the vast writings of Hippocrates! For Hippocrates was imprisoned for 20 years because he Hippocrates a perturbance could become almost visible challenged the high priests of his day through the use of if the physician was able to create a “safe container” reason, scientific hypotheses, symptoms, case histories with the perturbed person. Essentially the Partner in and prognosis. The highly controlling religious zealots Healing would enter into a SUPRA-conscious state of that time believed that disease was a punishment similar to a hypnotic trance state. The vagus nerve of inflicted by the gods. They claimed that Hippocrates the parasympathetic nervous system would then be had caused his child to be stillborn because of evil ideas activated by many relaxation techniques releasing theta that he had conceived of. During the time he spent brain waves into each partner’s Psyche. In this theta state healing was optimized. Unfortunately, Sigmund Freud, through the use of cocaine (SUPER-conscious), changed the concept of the Greek Psyche into the very destructive marketing concept of “the subconscious”. The present day movie, “Dangerous Method”, aptly depicts how Freud promoted his belief in the subconscious, yet another of those evil little gremlins that is out to get all of us. Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation) has been practicing Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. He can be reached at: (613) 234-5678 or richard@ ottawacounselling.com
Into the Heart of Healing
Develop Insight with Meditation
rue insight doesn’t come from thinking or a book. Insight is founded in experience and can be accessed through practice. The most effective practice is that of meditation. Meditation results in clear awareness due to the turning away from thinking. This is an effective state for insightfulness. How to use meditation to gain insight: 1. Make the time. Meditation requires practice and regular effort. Early morning and late evening seem to work the best. But 15 minutes at lunch can work, too. 2. Find a comfortable position. Any position can work, provided you can maintain it without fidgeting. The full lotus position can be maintained for a very long period of time, but most beginners lack the flexibility to assume this position. Try various positions. Sitting up straight in a firm chair often works well. 3. Focus on your breath. Maintain a focus on your breath. Feel the air moving in and out of your body. Why is meditation so focused on the breath? Because it’s happening right now. It’s part of your experience in the present. 4. Continue to maintain focus on your breath. Invariably, your attention will wander. How long it takes to realize you’ve lost your focus will vary. With practice, it will only take a few seconds. At first, it may take several minutes! 5. Apply the same idea to your daily life. While driving, keep your mind 100% on driving. While you’re washing the dishes, do the same. When your mind wanders, bring it back to your current activity. You’ll be amazed at the peacefulness it brings to your life.
6. Understand what’s really happening. You’ve always been provided with insight, but your overactive mind, beliefs, opinions, and preconceived ideas have been getting in the way. Meditation clears away all of this noise and bias. You’re then able to experience true insight. Allow yourself the advantage of all the insight available to you. Although it’s effective, meditating can take some time to master. You might not feel that you’re gaining any benefits at first. Keep at it. You’ll be well-rewarded for your efforts. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com
Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
613.836.2355 • www.kaivalya.ca Offices in Hull & Stittsville
Empower Your Life-Path!
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR: • EMOTIONAL/PHYSICAL PAIN • GRIEVING • RELATIONS • REGRESSIONS • WEIGHT • ADDICTIONS • STRESS • ENERGY LEVEL • HEALING THE PAST .
» Lynne Cardinal
PH D. EASTERN PHILOSOPHY, NGH CERTIFIED HYPNOTIST, COACH, TEACHER
Interview with Lynne Cardinal - Part 2
wisdom and clarity is but also where we can heal the past. It empowers our motivation and helps us achieve our goals. Many of my clients will say that it is easier and more satisfying then by Stefania Allevato meditation, though after some sessions when their objectives are met, they often or over 30 years Lynne Cardinal has are ready to learn how to meditate for they been offering stress management, resilthen are able to meditate more easily and ience and burnout prevention workshops can understand it’s benefits. Meditation in the government and private sector. She is a consulting hypnotist with the National Guild of is more fundamental, hypnosis targets more precise Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in hypno- objectives directly. sis innovative techniques and weight loss. She is certified in Collective and Individual Trauma Work and Q. Your clients say that hypnosis is easier then Communication by Thomas Hübl. meditation. Yet I often hear that not everyone can be induced into a trance or hypnosis. ... continued: Lynne: Everyone can be hypnotised if they trust the one Q. Lynne, is there a link between hypnosis and hypnotising them, and if they want to. You may have meditation? If so, explain how the two modalities go noticed how sometimes we watch a 2 hour film in a hand-in-hand. cinema and become timeless. If someone asks us to pass the popcorn, we leave the film to do so, then get back Lynne: Both modalities are helpful. Meditation is a long into the film easily. This represents well the experience term project or practice. The idea is to meditate daily, of hypnosis. It is gentle, positive and helps us from and see results year after year. I can attest to that, as that focussed attention to reach our objectives. As I I have been meditating for over 40 years daily. It is a mentioned earlier, anyone with psychological issues or great way to learn how to shift our perspective to a psychosis should not be trying hypnosis but rather seek calmer and more aware place in our mind and it also the help of a health care professional. serves to balance our physical and emotional stress. It requires an understanding of both horizontal and Q. Your company name is Kaivalya Centre. How is that vertical meditation experiences. Simply put, horizontal name related to the work you do with hypnosis and meditation experiences refers to getting to a deeper meditation? more peaceful experience. Vertical experiences refers to moving up from our egocentric limiting self, expanding Lynne: Kaivalya is a sanskrit word that means oneness, into a wider sphere that includes others, our community unity, one life if you may. I believe that we are all and even the entire world. This expansion would reflect interrelated and my objective is to extend help to our a maturity and be deeply fulfilling. This may be a good collective family, as we are all in this together and I subject for another interview though, but essentially believe and have seen that we can help ourselves more meditation is a slow, steady process. Hypnosis yields then perhaps we realize. results quicker. The metaphors and techniques used in hypnosis naturally induce depth and peacefulness, and To learn more about Lynne please check out kaivalya. from there our mind is receptive to our objectives. If ca, or by email: email@example.com or call 613.836.2355. we think of the commonly used analogy of an iceberg, If you would like to learn more about Stefania and the tip of the iceberg refers to the conscious mind and how she can make your written or spoken prose shine the bottom refers to the subconscious mind, where our visit her at stefaniaallevato.ca
Ian Prattis hen I finished writing “Our World is Burning” and got it published in October 2017, I decided to step back and study the writing craft more deeply – particularly short stories. But first of all there was the task of clearing out my file cabinet, which was a total mess. During the demolition, I came across a yellowing folder that contained 40 years of my poetry. Much of it was garbage, but there were sufficient gems to fashion a book of poetry. That instantly became the new project. I had enough material for six distinct poetic memes that played out significant parts of my own life. This required an autobiographic introduction for each of the six sections. The collection is much like an exquisite cheese – it has to be left to mature. At least until Spring 2019!
Here is the introduction to PART ONE: AGUA VIVA. The poems in Agua Viva – Water of Life - were written over a forty year time period (1978 – 2018). They provide a text for my clumsy emergence into new understandings. I first journeyed to Mexico in March 1978 to a Dominican Monastery – Agua Viva – sixty kilometres southeast of Mexico City. With a number of friends this adventure was to experience a heightened transformation of the path of awareness few of us knew we were travelling. A return visit to the same monastery was made two years later. In 1988 the same core of friends returned to Mexico and made a destination to the Mayan civilization in the Yucatan. The Agua Viva poems were scribbled down hastily and refined with later insight. There was a return to Mexico thirty years later in November of 2017 – again to the Yucatan. In particular, the Mayan walled city of Tulum. It was located upon a shoreline cliff facing the Caribbean Sea. The ocean provided a stunning turquoise colour as the backdrop for jungle, sea and the mystique of Mayan civilization.
BUSINESS FOR SALE Your largest supplier of massage tables, chairs and accessories in the Outaouais 71, boul. St-Raymond, Gatineau, Qc J8Y 1S3 www.massosphere.com 819-246-6236 ~ 1-866-246-6236 firstname.lastname@example.org
Previously in 1988, I had sat for hours at the top of the Tulum Castillo looking out at the Caribbean Sea. I was mesmerized by the sublime Mayan architecture and the overwhelming pulse of an angry sea crashing, swell after swell, into the cliffs it rested on. I did not write a poem at the Castillo at that time, too astonished to put pen to paper or even take a photograph. Yet the feelings of that day, thirty years ago, seared into my mind as I anticipated a meeting with a timeless collision of civilization, memory and human nature. The early poems (1978 – 1988) delivered an uncertain direction as my friends and I threw ourselves to find out what we could not fathom. Trying to identify purpose without too much success and leaning on an awkward posturing. I waited a long time to cap this early scribbling with a candid view of the Mayan city of Tulum – thirty years later. A wake up call from reality arose. The “Agua Viva” poems are dedicated to all of us who seek, strive and then occasionally relax into maturity. Ian Prattis is a Zen teacher and award winning author. Recent book at http://ianprattis.com/OurWorldIsBurning.html
2 Beechwood Ave, Unit 103, Ottawa, ON K1L 8L9 Phone: 613-746-8821
We use 100% Natural Organic Shea Butter for Massage Therapy and Hot Stone Massage and we use Natural Body Sugaring & Body Exfoliation products. Matnik Therapeutic Spa is a Health and Wellness Spa providing Best in Class Massage Therapy sessions, Body Sugaring and Waxing in Ottawa. We offer a wide variety of natural organic products and Holistic services to enhance the beauty of your skin AND Heal your Body & Soul! Enjoy a pure organic Himalayan Crystal Salt foot and hand soak with your beautifying Manicure and Pedicure treatment. (Bio Gel available) Other services include: facials for all skin types, microdermabrasion, Electrolysis, Energy healing, Aromatherapy, Acupressure and more.
Mother’s Day Mani Pedi special for 49.99 and Brazilian wax for 39.99 Mon-Wed.
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE
Interview with Diana Martinez Morales: PART II Psychotherapist, Constellation Facilitator B.A. in International Relations, M.A. in Humanities and Ph.D. in Philosophy and Ethics by Lynne Cardinal Diana Martinez Morales, Ph.D., is coming back to Ottawa in June for a third time. Morales is offering The Power of Transformation and Healing Through Family Constellations workshop. I used this opportunity to ask her a few questions. ...Continued from Tone’s April issue: Lynne: How do we need to prepare before the workshop? Diana: Just be aware of what comes up before coming to the workshop. Honor your feelings and trust in the process. Come relaxed, open minded, we can even say curious, as the experience is very deep. Lynne: Who should volunteer to do their constellation? Diana: Not everyone has to volunteer; by just attending we can get the insights that we need. Yet the ones who have issues and need support and wish to volunteer can do so. By choosing to attend the workshop means something in you wants to heal. Not just something related to your family, but perhaps also within your community or country. You may have challenges at work and this process could help. We could actually call it Systemic Constellations because we all belong to systems, or to a collective group, not only to our own family. Lynne: So wherever I go I deal with constellations with different people who bring their own issues. How can we deal with this? Diana: Just like you bonded within your family of origin you will bond with different people. So those will be your patterns. Revise three basic principles: 1. Belonging; 2: To Take and Give; and 3: Hierarchy. How do those principles live in you? How is your sense of belonging? Do you feel separate, shy, excluded? How is your ability to take and give? Sometimes it is easier to give than to receive and this reflects patterns that are limiting. What role do you have in your family, have you become the mother of your mother? Or her friend? Yet when our true place isn’t honored this generates issues that are problematic. So depending on how these three principles live in you they will enact themselves when you are with people. As a result, you will tend to bond according to your patterns. Lynne: You may bond more with some than with others? Diana: Yes, and this could be based on a trauma resonance, but also through your own ability to belong. You are likely to bond as you did in your family of origin. Once you recognize your patterns they can be transformed or healed.
Join us for an experiential weekend workshop on
The Power of Transformation and Healing through Family Constellations Saturday, June 2nd & Sunday June 3rd 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM at Saint Paul University 223 Main Street, Ottawa, Ontario
Family Constellations are one of the most effective and profound modalities that help us to heal emotionally, and at times physically, and enhance our relationships with ourselves, our families, friends, and the world. For more information visit: www.kaivalya.ca/en/workshops-a-talks or email: FamilyConstellationsDiana@gmail.com Tickets available at Eventbrite.ca under Family Constellations with Diana Martinez
Lynne: Isn’t it natural to want to reach a higher more fulfilling level of existence. We have an impulse to evolve, to have access to a bigger paradigm, more awareness, more love, more joy. Diana: You can expand as much as you belong and this can be based on the safety you experienced in your family of origin. Truth is, unless you work on your base, which means on your early years or on your origin, you cannot move forward. If you are trying to move forward this will be difficult if you have a shaky base. For example, if a tree doesn’t have deep strong roots it will fall. To reconcile with your past will help you move forward. Constellations help by humbling us, making us aware that
Quantum Biofeedback Sessions Rev. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Psychotherapist, Quantum Biofeedback Practitioner
few months ago I added a new quantum biofeedback software to my toolbox of restoration, balancing and rejuvenation tools. This is the Genius Insight system and so far it has proven itself to be nothing short of amazing. The basis concept behind the software is that it provides a means of assessing your vibrational frequency. This energetic assessmentis done through your voice analysis, your photo, your name and birth date. This assessed frequency is then compared to other frequencies that have been programmed into the software. The result of this comparison is a score ranging from 1-777. Certain scores indicate reactivity. These are generally the scores above 600 and below 200. Reactivity tells us there is some degree of disharmony between the person or animal being tested and the particular frequency being tested. Examples of these frequencies being tested could include vitamin C, magnesium, the immune system or the spleen meridian or thousands of other health issues. There are assessment panels for any issue you could be concerned about. A score above 600 is generally associated with inflammation and issues that may be more acute or closer to the surface and more superficial. Low scores below 200 may indicate issues that are more chronic and are associated with stagnation and depletion and tend to be long term issues. They are the areas of the most compressed energy. Quantum biofeedback finds the issue blocking energy flow, then opens the energy and re-establishes flow. An hour session can begin restoring the balance and harmony your system has lost-- whether recently or many years ago. There is nothing that cannot be improved energetically if it is in Divine Will that it should happen. From the first sessin on you will start to feel more energy flowing in your body.
our parents were also children. Maybe itâ€™s not just about me, I may have been loved in a limited way because my parents had their own issues, which may originate from transgenerational patterns. If you have a reconciliation with your past you can start to belong. Then you heal your past, rewriting the past in a way. Lynne: Thank you Diana! I am grateful for the clarity that you bring to us and I hope that many will join us on June 2nd and 3rd at St Paul University in Ottawa. For more details and to register go to Eventbrite under Constellations with Diana Martinez or call 613.836.2355 for more details.
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant Biofeedback Practitioner email@example.com www.sherryharriscounselling.org 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available There is no end to the issues this system can energetically balance--including chronic fatigue, weight loss, brain fog, candida, arthritis and rheumatism to food allergies and sensitivities. It can bring new energy and balance to old injuries, emotional issues, spiritual growth and mental challenges like ADD or ADHD-- all by bringing harmony to out-of-balance energies. For the next month sessions that will normally be $100 per hour will be discounted to $50. Come experience what the Genius Insight can do for you. Resolution of issues often takes more that one session, but each session brings new life and energy to the person suffering some disharmony in their health system. Please call Sherry Harris to book your intro session. 613-236-8852 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
(613) 731-4901 9
Meditation and Action
By Ivy Xie-McIsaac The last state of meditation is Vegetative state. In this state, the Self is not coloured by the mind.
Wishingtree Yoga Ivy
Saint Germain Foundation
Hatha Yoga Yin Yoga Meditation Teacher Training
Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching.
The Yoga Sūtra (4.34) says: “When the highest purpose of life is achieved the three basic qualities do not excite responses in the mind. That is freedom. In other words, the Perceiver is no longer coloured by the mind.” The liberation from being limited by the mind (mokṣa) is the beginning of living spiritually in the phenomenon world. How to transform the experience into reality material life is another challenge. After reaching the summit of a mountain, are we going to stay on top of the mountain or will we go back home? Orienting the Self to place and time can be difficult after liberation. Where are we living? Do we have full awareness of the world around us? How to maintain the day to day life? Only if we are able to go back home and able to perform daily duties, this is enlightenment. Most of us don’t like duties. Not many students like to study. We wish to be able to make lots of money without working hard, and when we are getting old we don’t want to face the fact that death is near.
For further information please call us at 613-834-8896
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2017 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com email@example.com
We take supplements, drugs, and have operations to extent existence instead of learning about death. We are hoping that our only duty is to enjoy without working and forget there is no free lunch. Sooner or later we have to pay the price because of the Law of Karma. And the Law of Karma, like the Law of Gravity, works on everyone. Stay in a comfortable cage or fly in the sky, what will we choose? An eagle and a pigeon will choose differently. Do we have the ability to live freely without performing duties and accept the results of the freedom? At different stages a human being has different primary duties to perform. At the same time, the duties of a monk and a householder are not the same. We should not blindly follow others ways to perform duties. Ivy’s Chinese background and training has given her a natural understanding of ancient eastern wisdom. Living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop her practice in a modern western way. Her book A Complete Yoga Manual is a bridge between east and west, modern and ancient, theory and practice. A Complete Yoga Manual by Ivy XieMcIsaac is available at Singing Pebble Books.
For more information please contact Wishingtree Yoga at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR MAT I O N/ T R A INING Maîtrise du Système Énergétique MD
S TA R T I N G A U G U S T 2 0 1 8
Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N. Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 email@example.com
Sri Chinmoy Answers SELF-DISCOVERY through
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Question: What do you feel are the necessary steps to save the environment or Mother Nature from further destruction? irstly, we have to respect nature. Nature is the expression of our inner life, our higher life. It is from nature that we get all good things—beauty, tranquillity, humility, simplicity, spontaneity and many other divine qualities. Nature helps us in millions of ways to become good citizens of the world. That is why we must respect and adore nature. Mother Nature is being polluted and destroyed by the unaspiring realities of life. It is very sad. Mother Nature has become so helpless, and many people who are trying to preserve nature are only talking, talking, talking! Governments also are only talking. They come forward and say, “Yes, we want to preserve the trees and fields,” but their actions produce the opposite effect. Because we human beings see enemies all around us, because we are afraid someone will come and attack us, we use all our money and energy to make ourselves powerful. To make ourselves powerful enough to fight our enemies, we cut Mother Nature into pieces and take her resources. We give importance only to scientific and chemical advancement, which does not allow Mother Nature to remain beautiful or powerful. Chemical advancement and Mother Nature’s progress cannot go together. As long as there is fear on earth, Mother Nature will never be able to fulfil her divinity. It is only when we no longer see others as enemies that we shall be able to keep Mother Nature intact. So this world of ours has two choices: one is to establish friendship, brotherhood and oneness. Another is to try to conquer or destroy others. When we adopt this latter approach, ultimately we destroy ourselves. But when we extend ourselves, when we spread our wings and claim the whole world as our own, very own, when we love Mother Nature, then the joy that we get will be everlasting and will have tremendous sweetness. We are longing for this joy, the joy of the creation
Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
Energy Work and Extraordinary Wellness
Offering Updated model for the first time
Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch® Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Law of Attraction and Empathic Life Coach, Certified Facilitator, Open Space Technology, and Small Group Processes
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
nergy Work Extraordinaire is the work I do each and every day. For those unfamiliar with energy work, or energy healing, as it is sometimes called, healing takes place in the energy field surrounding and interpenetrating the body, and is sometimes not totally visible in the physical body for several days following the hands-on session. However, there is always a feeling that something profound has occurred, and as days pass, the body begins to feel better and better, although often difficult to pin point precisely what has happened. Considering what I’ve said this type of work can help with whatever conditions the body might experience. We call this an energy imbalance and it takes place on the physical, the emotional, spiritual and psychological aspect of our beings. Therefore, I don’t specialize in any specific injury or complaint, I simply work with raising the vibration of the energy field, and the body heals itself, according to its own timing. Energy work takes place in studios, often on massage tables, energy work takes place using a technique called distant healing, wherein the client is sitting in their home, and I in my home, and I hold their energy field, and use my tools of breathwork and body sweeps, connect with the field of the client and create the space for the body to heal in its own place.
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
I’ve recently begun training in a coaching modality, Law of Attraction Coaching, which basically works in a similar way, however, using language and intuition to encourage the client to find the solution to the issue they are dealing with. As the energy shifts within their being, as evidenced by energy in their voice, there has been a shift in their perspective, and they witness their world through a different lens, bringing amazing results very quickly and in a way that is totally satisfying. Every day I see clients overcome years of physical and emotional pain, to find a life filled with satisfaction and high energy, often with a career change and greater inspiration. When all those physical block are removed, as well as the old emotional messages, and feelings of being less than, each client can aspire to bigger and greater results in their lives, without more work, without more training, just by holding the high belief that they can do it… And they can. Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen is certified as an Open Space Technology facilitator, and a facilitator of small groups. She offers workshops in other energy work, including Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space. Currently involved in Law of Attraction coaching 12 month program and offering to work with groups and individuals. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® therapy. Aileen is now in the process of becoming a Law of Attraction Coach. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, at 613-795-3751, and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, at aileen@ aileensoasis.com, or you can check out her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www. wellnessunlimited.ca and the Quantum-Touch website at www.quantumtouch.com
as our spiritual nature. While healthy sexual energy can be blocked by past conditioning thus becoming distorted, it can also be unblocked and allowed to flow in a generative, life-giving manner. We are ready to begin this exploration. By Judy Size-Cazabon The sexual force is a exuality is a topic that very potent energy. It is touches everyone. the life force that draws us Open Lecture We are surrounded by to our destiny, that pulls discussions of sexuality us into union, into oneness Discussions 2018 - or more specifically, with another person, with on its distortions. Pop Saint Paul University nature, with the Divine. 233 Main St, follow signs to room magazines, news releases, When have you been TV discussions and films in this state of oneness? There are 2 more for this season. cultivate the distorted When have you felt the Open Lectures will resume in the fall. aspects. Generally opposite, total separation? speaking in our society we The Pathwork Open focus on the outcomes and Lecture presented by Judy 7:00 to 9:00 pm effects of our sexual drives. Size-Cazabon and Benoit It doesn’t often happen Suggested donation, $15 ~ $5 for members Cazabon on May 16, 7 pm. that we hear discussions Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 at Saint Paul University about the deeper will center on Pathwork All welcome significance of sexuality. Lecture 207: The This approach keeps the Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org Spiritual Symbolism and topic at a superficial level. Significance of Sexuality. And superficiality does There will be an opportunity to explore and to dig a not allow us to grow or advance in our understanding little deeper into a topic that warrants our attention in a of sexuality. world that seems particularly shaken Pathwork reverses this tendency by a lack of development in this area. and focuses on the spiritual significance of sexuality, its deep Judy Size-Cazabon is a long time meaning and purpose. What’s it all Pathworker as well as an Integral about in the first place? In a broad Master Coach. Her husband, sense the purpose of sexuality is Benoît, is also a coach in integral union and creation. And this applies development. to all organisms on our planet. In the human realm, the power of sexuality Location: Saint Paul University, can, in its most ideal form, be the 233 Main Street greatest representative of spiritual Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 existence. As humans we are meant, Time: 7 to 9 pm by our very nature, to fuse, to create. Follow the signs to the room. As a civilization we now have developed our consciousness to a All are welcome. There is a suggested level where we can more openly inquire into the deeper donation of $15; members $5. Information: contact meaning and the deeper experience of sexuality. Instead Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-829-1254. of focusing our energy on the many sexual distortions Pathwork lectures are available for free download at we hear about daily we can actually come back to www.pathwork.org ourselves and inquire into our own sexual and creative energy. The inclusion of sexuality and the teachings about how to use our sexual energy and experience as a route to our spiritual development is one of the unique features of the Pathwork. ”The way sexuality expresses itself in an individual mirrors those inner aspects which the person desperately needs to be aware of.” L207. The joyous news is that we can expand our understanding of our own true sexual nature which is, in fact, one and the same
What’s it all about anyway?
Three Masters - One Message “Toward the One, the perfection of love, harmony and beauty, the Only being…..” Hazarat Inyat Khan Beauty is truly “food” for the soul: essential for individuals and civilizations. We experience beauty as expressed in the grandeur of sunsets, waterfalls, moonlit rivers, old growth forests, and cultivated gardens; beauty as revealed in great literature, paintings, sculpture and architecture; beauty as heard in the symphonies of the great composers, and beauty of thought in philosophy, mathematics, astronomy and pure science. The appreciation of beauty uplifts and inspires us to express our most elevated Self. The lives of three spiritual giants of the last century exemplify this truth. Excellence of artistic expression, magnificence of nature, and unifying truths of all religions –these are cherished values of three masters, whose lives overlapped in disparate parts of the world. Their teachings offer comfort and encouragement in these challenging times on our beleaguered planet.
Hazarat Inyat Khan, 1882 – 1927, was born in India, a brilliant musician, inspiring orator, spiritual teacher of great radiance, who brought Sufism to the west in 1910. Nicolas Roerich, 1874 – 1947, was born in Russia, visionary artist, archeologist, explorer, spiritual pioneer created the Peace Pact; Edmund Bordeaux Szekely, an Hungarian born in Transylvania, 1905 -1978, was a multi-linguist, archeologist, explorer of ancient cultures, the revivalist of the Esssene teachings (living by the laws of nature) and wrote voluminously. All three masters recognized the importance of beauty - creating it, appreciating it, immersing oneself in it. They knew that beauty is an essential ingredient for personal and societal evolution. I find myself wondering if as “citizens of the world” their paths crossed during their many travels. At various times all three had been in the United States, where their influence began to take root. If they had, I imagine the exquisite joy they would have felt in each other’s presence. Rather than debate the esthetics of beauty, I shall quote from the English poet Keats, “A thing of beauty is a joy forever. Beauty is truth and truth beauty”. Albert Einstein’s son was quoted on a recent CBC broadcast saying, “ My father was concerned that his theories were correct, yes, but even more concerned that they were beautiful”. The Native American song, “I walk in Beauty” links with many other traditions that elevate beauty to a position of honour. Many of us experience viscerally the difference between good and great art. Good art entertains; but great art transforms - it moves us deeply. Michaelangelo, Mozart, and Rumi , for example speak to our essence. In a time of societal decline, the message and creations of the masters, bring inspiration, hope and inner peace. Appreciating beauty -in nature, the arts, and pure abstract thought is powerful “medicine”. Indeed, beauty is transformative. It can literally uplifts one’s soul , while simultaneously, contribute to the healing of the Earth.
Laura K Golden M.A. Serenity Ser vices www.laurakgolden.ca
Laura K. Golden, MA is a Reiki master, art therapist, artist, poet and former yoga teacher. She has also been known as Linda N Goldman. www.laurakgolden.ca
Self Worth Written by Rev. Alexis Nicol
here are many things that lead us to understanding and that contribute to the value we put on our own self worth. Take, for instance we know or are a person that is jealous or envious of others. We don’t really want what they have, yes, on the outside it may seem that way but, deep down, if we ask ourselves this question it usually boils down to a feeling of lack. If we then take that feeling and break it down even further by asking ourselves what is it that we are really lacking, we may be surprised. Could it be that we are trying to fill a void and could that void be that we don’t feel loved? We/ they are looking for comfort and love from “things” that will only temporarily satiate this obstinate need. This isn’t all that terrible a discovery, it is actually good news. It is a key step - a realization, and we can choose to rectify it. We can fill this void with something much greater than possessions, something that is always, infinitely and abundantly available to us. Can you guess what I’m going to say it is? I’m sure you can – I say it all the time - It’s the Love that rests patiently within us. This/Our Love has been concealed too long with “stuff” that isn’t of any lasting value.
Over time we began to accept the idea that we weren’t worthy or deserving of Love which is mainly based on the perception we created of the world around and outside of ourselves. It is time to return to a simpler truth that we are deserving of and worthy of Love. Love is who we truly are; it is the foundation of our being. It is our Energy and our Power to shine and spread throughout humanity via the vessels we are. Self worth brings a gift greater than any “thing”. Alexis believes in a Wholistic Metaphysical approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines natural healing modalities in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
198 Main Street, Ottawa, ON • 613-234-9597 • www.thegreendoor.ca
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
Water Universe VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT
1230 Wellington, Ottawa, ON 613-729-5973
Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: email@example.com
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
You know the call?
ine came in the early hours of last October morning. I can still hear my brother on the other end of the phone explain, “Mom has taken a turn for the worse, we are all here, and I encourage you to come now.” My mother had fallen at her home, getting stitches on her big toe, an infection set in and that is when it all progressed for her to stay in hospital. Now, mom was on her death bed. I was in a grey fog of grief as I travelled with my husband on a lonely stretch of highway from Ottawa to my hometown; a driving distance of six hours. Through a series of unbelievable miracles my mom made it through that night. Everyone, including doctors, were dumbfounded as she made it through that week. Before my eyes, I witnessed a miracle. She began her long road toward a slow tedious recovery. Things have turned around for my mom. Her health improves, yet her longer term prognosis isn’t great. She will never again be well enough to live on her own. It’s challenging for me without daily contact with my mother, not to forget the exasperation rightfully coming from the different opinions of eight brothers and three sisters in a family of Irish & Scottish heritage! Yet, we do agree on one very important thing; we love our mom dearly. We all want her to receive the best possible care. The long awaited break-through arrived a week ago. Mom will be able to move into a long-term care facility. Finally! I can now let my own breath out….as I sigh. After much difficulty struggling many months over how best to provide support for my mother and siblings, I recognized a feeling of calm. I don’t remember the exact moment it happened; a feeling of peace simply descended over me. With so much beyond my ability to control, I realize now there wasn’t much choice for me YET to let go. I’m getting better with that part. I have been on a healing journey now for quite
Indian Head Massage Both Men and Women can equally benefit
By appointment only, Marie Smith, B.A. B.Ed. Certified Practitioner, IHM @ firstname.lastname@example.org
some time; integrating physical, emotional, mental and spiritual self-care. This personal experience has brought more awareness to take time out for myself. I see this occurring with my Indian Head Massage (IHM) clients. What a gift in discovering Indian Head Massage. IHM now has more meaning than I would have ever imagined possible these last six months, using simple effective techniques. IHM eases stiffness, breaking down knots in muscles; having a powerful ability to uplift the spirit: rejuvenating, re-charging and providing welldeserved rest! Maybe you are also dealing with an aging parent? Or have ‘aches and pain’ after working on spring projects, or want to de-stress and ‘let go’? 60 minutes of Indian Head Massage might be for you? IHM, has provided countless people immediate relief including long-term benefits. Besides feeling absolutely wonderful IHM fits within a busy schedule; as many clients have experienced, an IHM session relaxes the entire body. If you’re interested in learning more about Indian Head Massage or book an appointment for IHM please contact: Marie Smith CP, IHM at email@example.com
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location
In Search of Happiness By Louise Lalande, coCreations
hat makes your heart sing? What brings a big fat smile to your face? Remember the last time you noticed being happy? Are you happy? What is being happy? Is it related to euphoria, ecstasy, contentment, calm, peace, light-heartedness? Recently pondering these questions with a friend, it reminded me how complicated being happy can be, even in a world where most of us have more than enough to be happy about. 18 was the age I started a quest to understand happiness, and, yes, I can tell you with great assurance that searching for happiness did get me in some trouble! No doubt, you can relate to chasing happiness in obvious places like the next holiday, the next paycheck, the next job, the next shopping expedition, the next adventure, or the next competition, a physical activity, a board game, or a head game … or relationships (definitely a favourite of mine for years), or perhaps the next perceived body enhancement. How often do we look outward for enjoyment, fulfillment or satisfaction? Don’t get me wrong; things, people and places certainly bring us happiness. Yet, we humans are very sneaky and resourceful when it comes to playing hide and seek with happiness. What I can say for sure, is that as the years passed by I saw through the illusions and started looking in a more obscure place: within. And what a journey that’s been!! Observing my thoughts was quite scary in the beginning. I often heard things I would never dare say to anyone else. How insanely critical we can be; where does that stuff come from? Well, never mind where, it’s just enough to notice it because that’s the starting point for change. Of course, sometimes we want to stay miserable; it has an upside too. Aside from our thoughts, emotions are also great clues. In fact, our bodies and minds are what we need to feel happiness. And as it happens, we all have one! Imagine being a spirit, say … an angel, with cool benefits and in all likelihood a lot less suffering, if at all, but wait. Wayyyy-ta minute. We wouldn’t have a body! No more chocolate soufflés, no more crème brulés, no more fudge (yes, I have a sweet tooth), no more lounging at the side of the lake, or taking naps in a the hammock, or smelling
the first spring flowers. Our body is incredible! Yet, we carry ourselves around mostly unaware of our body. God only knows I used mine mainly to carry my precious thinking, creative, problem solving head for years! At Body & Brain Healing, where Korean-style yoga and Tai Chi is offered, we practise a variety of exercises that stretch your physical, energetic and spiritual bodies. The first principle we learn is that where the mind goes, energy follows and ultimately leads to the creation of your physical reality. This reminds us to pay attention to what we are thinking as a direct influencer of our lives as well the lives of others. Harnessing this energy accelerates manifestation of the life we envision for ourselves. Is our brain in a state of guilt, avoidance, selfaccusation, and desiring control? Or is it filled caring concern, love, dreams, humour and gratitude? As obvious as it is to see that one leads to harmonious living and the other to destruction, attention, patience and persistence are an ongoing pursuit. Thankfully, a day comes when you notice your reactions are based less on fear and more on loving kindness. Gratitude: The Short Film by Louie Schwartzberg (6:22 min. on YouTube) film always uplifts my spirit. Let its beautiful imagery and thoughts imbue your mind and charge your day. As social animals, close relationships and community are certainly key to our happiness, but ultimately, we are the only one who controls what we say to ourselves, how we treat ourselves. Making friends with ourselves is no picnic yet, considering it is the one constant we can absolutely count on, it’s well worth the exploration. Louise offers artPlay and SpiritArt workshops. She is the sole accredited Artist’s Way facilitator practicing in Canada, an artist, coach, facilitator and reiki master. For more information she can be reached at louise@ coCreations.ca or 613.315.2030.
Discerning Fear vs. Truth by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR)
iscerning truth from fear programs is critical now, though not always easy. On Earth, fear is pushed as truth, and truth is feared. Fear has been wound tightly into our brains, cellular memory and energy fields. The instinctual and limbic brains naturally serve to register fear, but their capacities have been rendered less discriminating by being pummeled with deceptive games, anti-life agendas, holographic mind control, transhumanism, splitting of masculine and feminine energies, victimization addiction patterns, traumas in our human history, and disinformation, to name a few. Fear-mongering has become normalized, justifying the increasing abuse of power, and deepening humanity’s anxieties and overreactions. It all creates contraction of the body. Fear drives enslavement, insecurity, conformity, apathy and confusion! In fear, our perception is skewed and narrow, and we can latch onto one possibility in the future, the mind tricking us into believing it’s predictable and definitive. We are then vulnerable to whatever manipulations are intentionally put before us by the controllers, both personally and collectively, to try to interfere our accelerating shifts in consciousness. So our fear has become a poor mechanism for perceiving what’s true, and yet we can have a tendency to use our fear to decide what we will and won’t allow or accept: if we feel fear, we may close our mind and automatically pull away from further exploration, push away options, or attach to our beliefs. We then limit our capacity to see truth. The time has come to reclaim our multi-dimensional awareness and normalize this as a way of being in
I specialize in helping you free yourself from stubborn patterns that limit your consciousness. 12-dimensional clearing healing the root cause pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR)
energy psychotherapy, ego dismantling, holographic multidimensional ascension clearing, vocal healing — in person or by phone
life: to accept that this is who we are, rather than labelling our non-ordinary consciousness experiences, synchronicities, and inner knowing as “crazy”, “weird”, or “out there”, which lean into fear of the unknown. Read the rest, with free healing suggestions, at www. MelindaUrban.com 18-years experience as an intuitive, energy psychotherapist and multi-dimensional healing facilitator. Masterfully unravelling the confusion in your concerns to heal the root cause, for lasting change, while also teaching you to listen to your inner wisdom! Appointments in person or by phone 613-253-2888. www.MelindaUrban.com Melinda Urban 2018
LOOKING BEYOND PAIN
Is fear driving your perceptions?
Ottawa’s mobile and holistic pain management specialists that can come to you! 613-762-4440
Proud sponsor of
Ask the Reiki Doctor Germaine De Peralta
What is the difference between Usui Holy Fire 2 Reiki and Usui-Tibetan Reiki? Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that promotes healing. In order to differentiate between the two variations of Usui Reiki, it is important to understand that Reiki was meant to develop over time. Usui Holy Fire 2 Reiki is an EVOLUTION of the classic Usui-Tibetan Reiki. Reiki founder, Mikao Usui (1865-1926), alluded that Reiki was meant to evolve when he said there were six levels of Reiki that one could be attuned in. Number one was the beginning, and he placed himself at number five, or “one step below” the top of the Reiki healing system. His point was: There will always be higher levels to attain. Since we think of Source/God as infinite, we know there will always be higher levels of enlightenment. Here’s a brief illustration of Usui Reiki’s evolution through history. Research has shown that Usui Sensei received the Reiki energy on Mount Kurama in 1922 through fasting. He didn’t have the Reiki symbols at first, but a year later, he incorporated the three symbols now taught in Reiki Level 2, to make it easier for students to learn and practice Reiki. As a result, Usui attuned close to 2,000 students before his death in 1926. His successor, Dr. Chujiro Hayashi, developed the Reiki hand placement system most Reiki practitioners use. In 1938, Japanese-American, Hawayo Takata, introduced
Reiki to North America as an energy healing modality. She simplified the traditional Japanese hand positions to adapt to the Western mind and she also incorporated the Usui Master symbol to the system. From all this we can see that Reiki was meant to develop over time. Around 1989, William Lee Rand, President of the International Center for Reiki Training (www.reiki.org) added Tibetan symbols to Usui Reiki to facilitate Reiki attunements. Attunements enable students to channel Reiki energy for healing. But let’s keep in mind that we are meant to access stronger and more powerful Reiki healing energies to answer the needs of the world. By 2014, after 25 years of Usui-Tibetan Reiki, Mr. Rand received an intense spiritual experience, where he was guided to usher in the the Holy Fire energy to empower the traditional Usui and Karuna symbols. Under the Holy Fire system of Reiki, students connect to the Holy Fire energy through the Holy Fire Master symbol and a series of meditation-like Experiences, Placements and Ignitions. In Usui Holy Fire Reiki and Holy Fire II Karuna Reiki, the Tibetan symbols, the Violet breath and contracting the Hui Yin are no longer required (much to many people’s relief). These changes were necessary to hold the much bigger and powerful energy of the Holy Fire. Stay tuned for upcoming topics or write me if you have any questions. I teach Usui Holy Fire 2 ART/Master/Teacher classes and Holy Fire 2 Karuna Master/Teacher classes every month at Reiki Wanderlust. Please call 613-697-3105 to inquire or email me at email@example.com or at FB: @ReikiGermaine.
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
What is Homeopathy?
omeopathy is the fastest growing and second most used healing system in the world, however is probably the least understood and most controversial healing modality. Homeopathy is about 250 years old and originated in Germany, discovered by Dr Samuel Hahnemann who was a MD and Biochemist. Homeopathy has developed into what it is today by thousands of MDs and non MDs across the globe. Homeopathy is based on sound, scientific and logical principles and laws. A homeopaths main objective is to produce a rapid, yet gentle and permanent cure, while simultaneously ensuring no harm. Rather than adopting a reductionist view that humans are made of different parts, the homeopath knows that the wholeness of a human started from ONE original cell, which evolved into highly communicative and interconnected organs. Parts of a machine are built in a way that allows pieces to be replaced or repaired. This analogy can be applied to humans and produce results however, they are often short lived and lead to side effects or suppression, which manifest differently. Compare a human to a tree, which also originates from a single seed that grows many branches. In this view, all symptoms are viewed as various branches of the same tree and connected intimately. Rather than treating each branch, a homeopath aims to find the link between all symptoms and find a remedy for the trunk, the core original imbalance. In homeopathy, symptoms are seen as a highly intelligent and logical language. The symptoms show the observing and experienced eye what needs to be cured. All symptoms are seen as an expression of the body’s attempt to heal itself and therefore are studied in depth and should never be suppressed. The goal is to first analyze what the defence system is “already” doing to overcome the innate weaknesses or disease and then to administer a substance that is able to act exactly in the same direction to assist the immune system to do what it is already doing in a more efficient way. Homeopaths “assist and encourage” rather than “fight and oppose”. “Homeo” means “similar” and refers to finding something in nature that “mimics” and produces symptoms that are most “similar” to the “totality” of all symptoms. Homeopathy is based on the “law of similars” as opposed to conventional medicine, which uses the “law of opposites” to resist and suppress symptoms. The homeopathic motto is: “first do no harm”. A homeopath administers remedies in the smallest amount to get rid of “side-effects” which are inherent to all substances, whether natural or manmade. This brought homeopaths to dilute substances and further
Ottawa College of Homeopathy (OCH) Information Session
The OCH is pleased to invite you to attend an Information Session about Homeopathy in Ottawa. If you plan to familiarize yourself with this amazing healing system, become a patient in our Student Clinic or pursue a career as a Registered Homeopath, this session is for you!
210 McGillivray Street Saturday, 12 May 2018 2:00pm – 5:00pm www.ochomeopathy.ca firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 241-0005
We look forward to seeing you there!
clinical experience lead to the discovery that successive dilution and succession of a substance not only removed the side effects, but also refined the healing effect. Some theorize that the dilutions allow the substance to penetrate the cells much deeper resulting in longer lasting healing. Shahram Ayoubzadeh became an MD in 1986 and specialized in Infectious Diseases and Tropical medicine. His doctoral thesis on the healing effect of the doctor-patient relationship resulted in an in-depth study of the placebo effect and eventually to mind-body medicine, which defined his career. This led him to a degree as a Naturopathic Doctor and then specialization in homeopathy. He founded Integral Health Clinic in 1991 and followed by the Ottawa College of Homeopathy, where he has taught aspiring homeopaths for over a decade. Check out our Information Session on 12 May 2018, details can be found at https://www.facebook.com/ homeopathyeducation/
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact email@example.com SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA GURDJIEFF STUDY GROUP www.gurdjieffottawa.ca For those wishing to connect with the teaching and practice of G.I. Gurdjieff and the possibilities for man’s inner development, we invite you to join us on Friday evenings. Phone 613-746-6547 or email@example.com
• People NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-413-1216
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/patriciavlacroix SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered.
I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma. ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Animal Communication JULIE OLIVEIRA, certified AC. Identify emotional and behavioural issues, and messages. Visit: www.petstereo.com Email: email@example.com
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and over 30 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org 613 304 4255 EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aura Healing RELEASING PAIN AT THE SOURCE. Home visit. Beau, 613-422-5606
DIRECTORY • Ayurveda
SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613-415-1139 marieamram. email@example.com
therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
Circa 1894 - 3 guest rooms, renovated church. Use of Spa facilities (extra fee) - 3 Tubs; Finnish, NIR, FAR Infra-red saunas; Reiki. 613-259-9988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist firstname.lastname@example.org or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative
• Children ICU-INSPIRING CHILDREN UNIVERSALLY – Learning to read blindfolded consciously connects children connect to their Spirit to become happier, confident & academically successful – Karen Osborne - karen@ascensionhealing. ca www.ascensionhealing.ca.
• Ayurveda (Holistic)
VAIDYA HEMANT GUPTA MD Ayurveda, DNM Only Ayurvedic Physician in Ottawa Area. 35 years of Experience Consultation, Therapies, Courses holisticayurveda.ca, email@example.com Phone: 613 422 0936
services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel. com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH - The Grail Message, by Abd-ru-shin, is a three-volume spiritual work that teaches us about the cosmic laws that not only govern nature but all of Creation. It also gives clear explanations about our place and responsibility as we journey through life. This work addresses the individual human being regardless of race, creed or nationality; it reveals the true meaning of life and opens the door to true happiness and lasting inner peace. Orders : 1-877-7623077- firstname.lastname@example.org- grail-message.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Lyn@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-762-4979. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636.
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minute Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com
DIRECTORY LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org By appointment only
• Colour BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO A ROOM, shift the energies of your space, add a chakra colour as an accent wall, decorative designs or family trees can also add character and uniqueness to your home. Let Colour Guru bring new life, colour and uniqueness to your living space for 2018 and beyond. Colour Consulting available. Room clearing and smudging also available. Find us on Facebook Colour Guru! Happy New Year!! 613-797-1096
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by
Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe, supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org CECILIA TAIANA Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
PAMELA HOLM, Registered Psychotherapist, Cert. Music Therapist. Expressive and receptive methods of healing. Spiritually oriented. Children through seniors. Range of issues and conditions. www.DeepSoulSinging.com and Deep Soul Energetics. 613-829-1556. email@example.com
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Crystals CRYSTAL SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS | 2-Yr Training in Crystal-Shamanic Healing: evolved training in the ancient arts | Karen Osborne | email@example.com | 613470-1888 | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
DIRECTORY • Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987 ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Care NURSING FOOT CARE - IN HOME OR IN CLINIC. Sterilized individually packaged tools, best practices in clinical assessment, infection control, privacy and technologies. Pampered Mani/Pedi, advanced & diabetic Most insurance up to 80% & Veterans 100% SoftSoles.ca 613-621-0012 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gardening/Landscaping SPARKY TRINE SHAMANIC SUPPORT:
Planning, planting, problem-solving, messages and negotiations. https://sparkytrine.wixsite.com/adventures email@example.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: email@example.com
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healer INTUITIVE HEALING SPECIALIST NOW IN OTTAWA Physical, Mental, Psychological, Emotional, Past lives, Body, Mind, Spirit, Soul cleanse, Fears, Pain management. email@example.com 613 821 4809
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism THE BEST OF NATURE’S CERTIFIED HERBALIST, Miranda V Martel. Herbal Services: Herbal Spa treatments, Consultations for Balancing Health, Workshops, Walks and Remedies www. thebestofnature.ca Call: 705-561-5365 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available.
DIRECTORY MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org MARIETTE is a certified, clinical master hypnotist with NGH trained by Sheila Granger. www.yourinnerself.ca
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
email@example.com. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901
THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Intuitive Readings INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. email@example.com (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine
DIRECTORY (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127.
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca
COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Lotus Born Wellness Centre: 1226A Wellington W. WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
DIRECTORY • Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME ADVANCED PRANIC HEALING INSTRUCTOR & PRACTITIONER offering in-person and distant-healing sessions. She has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco & more. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional, and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye teaches Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation Wednesdays at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, faye@pranichealingontario. ca, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 10:00 - 11:30am.
Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
• Quantum Sound Therapy
YOUR VOICE IS MORE UNIQUE THAN YOUR DNA. Quantum Sound Therapy, will create YOUR unique set of Frequencies designed to remove negative emotions: fear, anxiety, anger, PTS, sadness that sabotage you. By SIMPLY LISTENING, you can let go of subconscious blockages, harmonize your being, SCIENTIFICALLY TRACK YOUR PROGRESS & Realize YOUR Potential. Contact: Lise Desjardins email@example.com 613-795-1469 Pesi Shroff firstname.lastname@example.org Golden Light Therapies: http://zgoldenlight.com/
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail email@example.com and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage.
CATHERINE BASTEDO, MA, RT-CRA, ICRT, USUI-HOLOGRAPHIC & HOLY FIRE II KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, JIKIDEN Practitioner. Bilingual. Personalized classes; Reiki Master/Teacher Program; individual sessions; online Healing Your Chakras classes; Muskoka retreats. www.visionreiki.com. 819-918-3436. email@example.com MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com
DIRECTORY HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Master - Circa 1894 Day Spa, Lanark. Use of tubs/saunas included. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com HOLY FIRE REIKI treatments and courses with Martha St. Pierre. 613-422-7286; ladymjs50@ hotmail.com; holyfirereikiottawa.ca REIKI IS LIFE FORCE OF ENERGY. It helps for relaxation and stress. The best way to
experience is having a full treatment. Call Laura at 613-608-9750. KARUNA HOLY FIRE 2 REIKI and USUI HOLY FIRE 2 REIKI IN WESTBORO - Germaine De Peralta (CRA, ICRT) - Workshops and Training. Also offer Depth Energy Healing sessions (Combination of Reiki, Relational Clearing and Crystal Healing). Tel: 613-6973105 or email@example.com
EXPERIENCE REIKI ENERGY with Soul in Fusion. If physical ailments are keeping you from enjoying life or perhaps you just feel off, then Reiki energy may help you. It is in an opened communication with the Soul that Jocelyne channels to bring profound positive energy. With ongoing spiritual training including medical intuition, she’s able to direct positive energy at the root causes of distress. Sessions now offered at the Boutique Arc-Ange-Ciel in Orleans--call 613-424-9094. www.soulinfusion.ca
DIANE GODIN reikispiritualawakening.com 819-665-3187 (Ottawabased). Reiki is a spiritual therapy that provides healing energy to recharge and re-balance the human energy field, working with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing. Reiki works well with stress, anxiety, chronic pain and much more. I am a Certified Reiki Master Practitioner (Energy Healer), Psychic Medium, Empath, and Witch. I also provide Card Readings.
Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Shamanism CRYSTAL-SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Training in Crystal Shamanic-Healing: evolved training in the ancient Arts | Karen Osborne 613-470-1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 email@example.com www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-355-1832 RUPERT- Sex and homeopathy & herbs. Remedies for bearded or hirsute ladies. Inspirational messages from John, Brian, George, Janis and Yves. email email@example.com
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with firstname.lastname@example.org
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. email@example.com CHARMING RURAL RETREAT COTTAGE NEAR WAKEFIELD. Couples/individuals. Clean, equipped. Year round. Minimum one month. For details text 819-328-3705.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd.
SELF-RENEWAL & SOUL-CARE through belief-triage subtle energy healing system by Diane Oliver, Urban-Elder 613261-1602 firstname.lastname@example.org. www.Dignity101.com SPARKY TRINE SHAMANIC SUPPORT: questions, soul retrievals, power animals, extractions, project support, ceremony. https://sparkytrine.wixsite.com/adventures email@example.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
DIRECTORY • Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Social Media Management NEED HELP MANAGING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA? Get customized graphics and posts for your social accounts. Grow your online presence and appear more professional online! Contact us of find out more, www.etruemedia. com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-794-3264
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks, chimes and other sound healing instruments to create a relaxing experience. Individual sessions and group meditations. Julie 613-254-8469.
Hot Tubs; Cold Tub; NIR, FAR, Finnish Saunas; Oxygen Therapy; iHeart monitoring (measures internal age). Hourly/Daily. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, email@example.com, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Spiritual Medium 30
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 JUDY JIBB, Tarot and Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org 613 304 4255
• Tapping Modalities LISA KOPIL, Meridian Tapping, Stress Management, Life Coach. Tap into your Life by changing your mind. Private sessions, workshops, drop in sessions. Tapforlife.com (613) 899-4994
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
• Thai Massage BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Video Promo GET A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO PROMO so you can speak face-to-face with more people at once and continue to help others on their journey while growing your business. Contact us today to learn more! www.etruemedia.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-794-3264
• Visceral Manipulation
Learn to “UNFOLD THE MYSTERY” with Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones. To receive training in her inspiring Spiritpainting method, register at www.spiritpainting.com
website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 email@example.com
DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
REV. PATRICIA ROSE. Call/Text: 613-2978960. Or visit: www.allseasonsweddings.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at aileen@ aileensoasis.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Web Design CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Exploring the Throat Chakra
Ashley Parsons, yoga teacher and Spiritual Psychotherapist, holds space for your journey into by Kerry Lundy and Ashley Parsons the chakra system and shepherds you through guided visualizations that deepen your knowledge of your In the May edition of Soul Sessions, held on May 25, subconscious mapping and the innate power inside 2018, the Throat Chakra (Visuddha) will be explored. you. Her goal is to uplift and Empower you. Together, Kerry and Ashley Having travelled up the chakra are a dynamic duo who set the laden spinal column, from the Soul Sessions stage and facilitate base of the spine (Muladhara), to yogis, seekers, and meditators the sacral chakra (Svadhisthana), who’d like to go that little bit to the solar plexus chakra deeper into the experience of (Manipura), and the heart chakra their Yoga practice from a Mind(Anahata), we now reach the Body-Spirit perspective. Kerry upper part of the chakra system: and Ashley’s Soul Sessions the cerulean blue hued throat have been said to be like a “big MAY 25TH 7-9:15PM $25 OTTAWA chakra. It is the chakra of sound, slumber party” with cushions, JUNE 22ND 7-9:15PM $25 OTTAWA vibration, communication, bolsters, dim lighting, oracle JULY *RETREAT* 27TH-29TH $525 MUSKOKA connection, expression and cards, essential oils, relaxed purification. atmosphere and chill music to When we explore this chakra, please e-mail us for details support your journey. email@example.com or visit ashleyandkerry.com we are noticing our relationship to it, it’s vitality, and how it is functioning in the world and in ourselves. Do we speak clearly? And what do we say For more information: to ourselves? We allow for imagery and insight to arise firstname.lastname@example.org from within, nourishing our Awareness. The warm and www.kerrylundy.com intimate setting of the Soul Sessions allows for deep www.ashleyparsonsyoga.com integration of your personal journey with slow-flow yoga, guided meditation, time to reflect, journal and draw your experience. Kerry, a certified yoga teacher with over 500 hours of yoga training, and also a certified Tantric Teacher, lends her knowledge and expertise of working with the body and the chakra system. She has been trained in the school of Goddess Flow, which embraces the feminine aspects of the Divine and incorporates these elements into the slow yoga flow she leads at Soul Sessions.
A treasure trove of remedy. A sprig of rosemary, will improve your memory. On low-energy days Green tea will pave the ways. Echinachea keeps away the winter flu. For those coughs, a ginger drop will do. Chamomile, oh noble flower! To your sleep Will bring much power. Every herb in nature’s garden plays its role In cleansing body And healing soul. -Monica Timbal
Healing with Chakra Colours in Spiritpainting®
By Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones
piritpainting has taught me so Briefly, I will describe one way I many things, one being the effect determine a healing colour after doing that chakra colours have on our a Healing Colour Spiritpainting. ® I bodies. I have learned that chakras ask my Highest Guide to show me are connectors joining the spiritual the healing colour. For example, I body to all of our mental, emotional may see violet as a healing colour, and physical bodies. Their spinning so I do a spiritpainting® with shades function is to draw in the Universal of violet, including red, magenta, Life Force Energy and to heal; we and blue, because they combine constantly seek a state of equilibrium. together to produce violet. I then I have found that there are put the painting in a place where I correlations in our Universe between will absorb it, like on my alter. I may the vibrational frequencies of sound also use these colours in my décor and colour, and that all of creation and clothing. is manifested through Spirit. Our Expanding on this absorption, I Creator uses infinite variations of eat foods with the hues of red, blue, vibrational frequencies; by decoding violet and add bluish greens. It is @ spiritpainting.com the colours of the chakras, they not easy to find violet food. It is good become key to conscious healing. that I love blueberries. I include dark The positioning of the chakras greens, such as spinach and kale. I correlate to nerve nexes along the spinal do this because green contains blue cord branching to endocrine glands or pigment, and blue is in violet. Now to organs. Each Chakra spins to a frequency of colour and I ask myself “Have I included my Healing Colour Food sound that have seven main colours and tones and colours Groups, as well as following my National Food Guide? which we see in refracted prisms and rainbows. ®
Dolphin Dentistry Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com email@example.com 32
Learn How to Find your SoulCodes & Discover your Soul Purpose. with Michèle C. St.Amour
Teacher of Teachers Healer of Healers Are you wanting to understand more about where you are going in life or what your soul has fated for you? Do you wish to better understand the language of life, those synchronicities & coincidences you know deep down have more meaning? Did you know that there are two flavors of numerology, of energies influencing all our experiences? These are the Telluric and Cosmic energies, hence two flavors of numerology. Michèle teaches you about the difference of the two and how this is the missing link everyone is seeking for a deeper understanding of their Soul Purpose.
Discover how the Science of Soul Numerology Guides You Each & Everyday. Learn how sacred geometry is the foundation of all spiritual sciences. Michèle's teachings are grounded & unique. Her teachings are sourced from a higher frequency of energy then you will find on the internet or in books and only accessible through her events. Your life has a specific purpose and the universe is channeling your life in a specific direction. Your soul had a reason for entering your body, for living the life and having the existence that it does right now. What makes us so different from one another? What makes one person wise beyond their years, another driven by power, and another childlike, despite their age? Come & discover how your personal soul numbers define all of this and more...
To Register (819)592-SOUL www.michelestamour.com
The Sweet Surrender Path
faith. The faith is happiness. This faith is happiness and the faith is peacefulness. The faith is peacefulness by Sonja A. Muller and it is happiness when our love is the only thing we have been given that is our hope. Our hope is in God. he love of God is given to those who know the truth God is hope for love that comforts men. This hope is and it is revealed that anyone can know the truth our belief. It is our belief in men. and this is what truth is. In men we believe and in God we trust. Amen. Truth is the love we have for anyone who comes to us to be forgiven and is a person who is living in the Sonja A. Muller Lord’s love. Anyone who is forgiven is given the love The Path of Sweet Surrender copywrite 2018 of God and this is what forgiveness is. Forgiveness is the love we give to ourselves and it is not shared and it is not given to another. The love is given to myself first to know myself to know one truth. Massage Yoga Therapy Rehabilitation I am forgiven by myself and I am loved by myself and I am the love of myself and the love of myself is immeasurable. The love is immeasurable and it is not chosen by me to know this love. It is given to me Limit One per customer by God. God gives this love to those chosen to know Redeemable Tuesdays only Him and He grants this love to those who are chosen $45.00 per treatment, 1.25 hours. to know and it’s now revealed as love by anyone. So Contact Sonja Müller, Deep Tissue Therapist it’s love by anyone of anyone who can receive the love. and Massage Teacher The one who receives can be chosen to know love. So with 20 years clinical experience in practice N Oprivate MADIC | 24 it is the love chosen by God to be revealed among men Tel: 613-795-4583 who love and this is the Lord’s love. The Lord’s love is No longer accepting insurance reimbursement clients beautiful to behold and it is love when we are beautiful and we are beautiful when we are allowed to love the Expiry August 30, 2018 Lord. The Lord allows this by His chosen works of
Muller Clinic Ottawa
The Reclaiming of The Divine Feminine An 8 Week Program To Recapture Your Original Blueprint of Divine Femininity
This is a Women’s Only 8 Week Program that will take you on a journey from the lost self, the hidden self and the unexpressed self to the one you planned for long, long ago. During our 8 weeks together, we will weave a new tapestry for the life that you know is still pulsing within you and remove the obstacles that have gotten in the way of that life. The 8 Weeks will include: • Rewriting your Divine Feminine Journey – This sets the tone of our 8 weeks together. This is where you get really honest and unapologetic about the needs, desires and non-negotiables that are pulsing within you. • A new template for diet and lifestyle. To see how you are nourishing and feeding yourself. Together, we will create a nourishing program that works for you and your lifestyle to kickstart your body back to vitality and health. • 7 Unity Field Healing (UFH) Sessions. This new energetic healing is the most profound healing energy that is available on the planet at this time. To read more about UFH, please visit www.thenourishedsoul.ca and read the article entitled Unity Field Healing: The New Energy Work Making Big Shifts, on the blog. • Taking a deep dive into the Heart’s Will. We often confuse the Ego Will with the Heart’s Will. We will get very clear on what the Heart’s Will sees for the vital unfolding of your health, joy and truth. • Working with the energy of Surrender – healing our need to control and sacrifice Here are what clients have to say about working with Ann of The Nourished Soul: “There are no words to describe what it feels like to work with Ann, but I will try; her presence, warmth, clarity and support vibrate with me long after leaving each session. Each minute spent with her is like a hug from love itself. The strongest impact Ann has is in her ability to gently coax your soul more into its fullest expression of itself, more into your body, more into your every moment. Her skill in helping you open your eyes more fully to your own power, warmth, love and light, is, literally, out of this world. Ann is a beautiful channel of Divine wisdom. She helped me to shift so much in my life, my health and my perspective, largely through helping show me where I had already shifted, but was holding myself back from seeing that; helping me to embrace and acknowledge what my heart and soul already knew. Next to your own soul, Ann is the absolute best guide if you are yearning to explore your inner worlds, your deepest truth, your true potential, and the purest love.” ~ Tanya W. Kingston ON
For more information on this program or to work with Ann, please visit www.thenourishedsoul.ca or contact Ann at (613) 218-6899 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A Journey From The Sacrificial Self to The Fully Expressed Self By Ann Jarvis of The Nourished Soul
e know when we’ve hit that point. That point in life where we say to ourselves, I’m not the person who I intended to be. Something needs to change. In fact, you haven’t made a single wrong turn (it’s not possible) and you’ve gotten to this place by Divine Design. But now you’re hearing the call. And the call is asking you to reclaim the self that you knew once a long, long time ago but, for various reasons, got lost along the way. How do we know we’re in that place? That place that is calling us to look inside, get really honest with ourselves, shed the old skin and walk the walk of our original blueprint. You feel unsettled. Something feels like it’s missing. There is a longing to use your voice again in honest ways. You might recognize that you have players in your life that no longer fit. Your health feels shaky and nothing seems to be making it better. You’re carrying weight that you just can’t lose. You feel like if something doesn’t change, you’ll break. All of these experiences are calls from your Divine Feminine Soul to come back to YOU. But we say to ourselves…people expect me to be a certain way. My culture expects me to tow a certain line. My family knows me as the selfless one that gives and gives and gives. But what if these outside influences that have colluded with each other no longer make sense for you? What if you being the ‘quiet giver’ no longer works for YOU? What if stifling your truth is now hurting you? What if no longer loving YOU first is tearing you down? The time has come on this planet for unabashed selfhonesty. The time has come to take those tenants within the self that have always been there and to EXPRESS them. The time has come to step into your Divine birthright of soft, truthful, loving femininity. After all, that’s why we’re here. We’re expressions of our Divine selves. We get to use our voices, hug our children, shout, get mad, cry, laugh, squeal in delight and kiss. When we hold back the authentic expression of our Divine Feminine, our bodies feel it, know it and wear it in painful ways. And when the scales become tipped too far in one direction, our bodies can break down. Women are particularly susceptible to autoimmune disease, chronic fatigue, cancer, thyroid issues and adrenal burnout, when we turn away from ourselves to serve some outdated cultural ‘norm.’
Ann is an Intuitive Energy Healer and Holistic Nutritionist who combines her love of soulful surrender, radical self-honesty and healthy eating to live as vitally as possible and to help others do the same.
The Reclamation of The Divine Feminine
Your Voice Can Heal You
re you experiencing health-related problems such as weight gain, high cholesterol, heart disease, arthritis, asthma, etc? Are you fed up with the side effects of medications? Every aliment is reversible – you need not remain part of a statistic. We are constantly being bombarded with many quick or guaranteed cure-alls only to be disappointed and disgruntle from their ill effects. We all want a healthy life. The human body is sacred, deserving attention and respect, yet in our hectic life, revolved around family and work, it is very difficult to remain healthy. Welcome to Scalar Energy Technology in Quantum Sound Therapy (QST) that helps you gain health and stay healthy without costing an arm and a leg. Nutrients in food and proper metabolism are essential for its transformation into energy. Every bodily function uses oxygen in varying degrees. For example, digestion and assimilation process, nutrient absorption into blood stream, toxin-removal from blood, etc.
Golden Light Therapies Lise Desjardins 613-795-1469 and Pesi Shroff email@example.com • www.zgoldenlight.com
Your health depends on it. Your joy depends on it. The world is depending on it.
Everything in the universe, including our bodies, operate on energetic principles. Organs and glands vibrate at different frequencies. Frequency lower than designed, produces imbalance and generates a condition. Raising frequency returns body to its condition-free state. QST is designed to create a powerful zero-point energy field, containing frequencies for optimal body performance. It addresses the needs of all systems: digestive, circulatory, respiratory, immune/ lymphatic, neurological, etc. A voice sample is taken, analyzed and a graph representing physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies is generated. The software identifies frequencies your body is lacking and produces a 24-minute Personal Sound Frequencies (PSF) track. Nothing to learn. SIMPLY LISTENING to YOUR PSF – while cooking, in car, along with background music, etc, almost anywhere, anytime – harmonizes your body, removing subconscious blocks that hold you back from living the life you were meant to. Our bodies are constantly exposed to toxins in food, air and water. The use of PSF allows you to counter these adverse effects, generate awareness and train your body to recognize the interconnectedness of the four bodies and the patterns that generate toxic conditions, essential for well-being. The balancing of four bodies by QST facilitates its return to pure, pristine and holy state. The harmonizing of the energies within our body brings humanity one step closer to the next level of consciousness – enroute to the essential healthy, and full consciousness.
For more information on The Reclamation of The Divine Feminine Program, please contact Ann Jarvis at 613-218-6899 or info@ thenourishedsoul.ca or visit www. thenourishedsoul.ca
Golden Light Therapies, in alignment with the manufacturer’s mission to make this technology available to all, offers you 24 min personal sound track with graph and its interpretation for only $40.
These afflictions tend to hit women harder because we’re still juggling old, outdated sentiments that it is better to abdicate, give without checks and balances, keep our mouths shut and sacrifice. That makes us ‘good girls.’ We hold ourselves back at work, in our friendship, in our marriages, in the bedroom, and even with ourselves. And to what end? When we stop adhering to a world that screams, we must look this way, and we must parent this way, and we must walk this way and talk this way, we leave our true selves behind. The truth of YOU is the most beautiful version of you. And it’s waiting. Now is the time to step up, step in and reclaim yourSELF. The time has come to make this world a better place for both women AND men by standing in your divine feminine and letting the world finally see the real you.
Soul Mind Body Alignment By Lynda Chaplin
eople are searching for alignment in their lives. They wish to be aligned in their souls, hearts, minds, and bodies and all aspects of their lives and spiritual journeys. They wish to have that feeling when everything is aligned and flowing beautifully all the time. Truly, they wish to be healthy, happy, and successful. People are also searching for connection in their lives and soul journeys. They wish to be connected to their family, loved ones, friends, and others. They meet up and use technology, social media, and more to be connected. Truly, people are looking for the sacred connection to their souls, the spiritual world, their spiritual guides, their Heaven’s team, the Divine, and the Tao. This sacred connection to the universe is available when you awaken to and develop the power of your soul. Discover the great benefits of aligning your soul, heart, mind, and body, and how this can be achieved by focusing on the soul and nourishing it through ancient wisdom and practical techniques. Soul Mind Body Alignment brings your inner and outer worlds together and allows your true potential to emerge.
When you are able to have greater alignment each day, you feel a sense of balance, freedom, joy, satisfaction, empowerment, and inner peace. You love and accept yourself more deeply, even when things aren’t going perfectly to plan. Learn how to use Soul Power, chanting, meditation, movement practices, and other tools to bring alignment to heal your body, balance your emotions, calm your mind, relieve stress, transform your relationships, and more. This workshop is open to everyone. It is also a prerequisite for training as a Tao Hands Practitioner (June 8–10, 2018). Tao Hands is a sacred spiritual transmission that activates within you an incredible ability to offer high level special blessings with the high frequency and vibration of love, forgiveness, compassion, and light. Tao Hands make accessible to you a universal soul blessing power to assist yourself and others in maintaining health, feeling vital and whole, bringing love and light to relationships, and more. Lynda Chaplin is a Certified Master Teacher of Master Sha’s Tao Academy™. Join us on May 11–13 to learn how to align your soul, heart, mind, and body for greater health, happiness, and success—see ad for details. Contact Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, RRC, CRC was at a coffee store a few days ago doing some work and I could not help overhearing the conversation that the table beside me was having. As I took off my headphones, I heard one of them say in an emphatic voice that money cannot buy you happiness. I was struck by this statement and I’ve been reflecting on it since then. I’ve come to realize over my 31 years in the financial world that money is no more than a tool to help shape our world around us. You see, there is only three things you can do with money: Spend it, Save it and Give it away. It’s all up to us to decide what we will do with the money that flows through our hands over time. We need to be clear on our life goals and objectives over the short and longer term. We need to be clear on our values and our attitudes towards money. Take the time to listen to the daily dialog that you have about money. Make note of it. Is it a positive, supportive dialog? Are you treating money, in all its modern-day forms, with respect? Have you made your budget to help you manage the way you are allocating your money to the various areas of your life that are meaningful to you and your family?
Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
The simple act of buying a coffee for a friend can bring you joy. The simple act of donating money to a charity that resonates with you can bring you joy. The simple act of taking a trip with your family to a far away place can bring you joy. Become conscious of your spending habits and make appropriate changes to get back into alignment with your goals. And yes, money can buy you happiness! Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation.
Intuitive Readings by
Personal regime for good health and weight gain or loss through divine intervention. $20. Find out what hairdo, colour, length, style will make you beautiful again. $10 Talk to God through me about absolutely anything for 1.5 hours. I am God’s link between you and your inner child and Him. All answers are found! $45 ALL THREE FOR $70 3 hour session
Call now for a personal reading 613-591-1860
firstname.lastname@example.org praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Skin Care Salad:
Using Herbs and Vegetables for Your Body
hat to do with all that peppermint? Eating avocados and the remaining one might go off before you get to it? Put it on your skin and put all those nutrients to use! As some of you may have heard me say enumerable times, what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body. The skin is the body’s largest organ and serves many purposes: it helps eliminate waste through perspiration; it can absorb ingredients applied topically in about 25 seconds; it is our first line of defence for invading potentially toxic substances and it regulates body temperature. Compelling reasons to give it tlc whenever possible. Let’s take a look at what may be growing in your garden. Perennials like sage and peppermint are awesome for soothing sore muscles. You can add the fresh or dried herb to the tub for a relaxing treat! Peppermint is also stimulating, so a great choice for a foot soak for tired
©2018 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St near Somerset. She gives workshops on creating natural bodycare and has been creating natural bodycare for over two decades. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic. www.planetbotanix.com
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
tootsies. Comfrey has been used for hundreds of years to help healing where bruises or cuts are concerned. Thyme can be used to create a face wash that helps control breakouts. Mix it with some diluted apple cider vinegar for a great treatment that helps balance the skin’s acid mantle, protecting it from infection. Echinacea is another herb that can be used to help acneic conditions. So along with the apple cider vinegar, what do your kitchens cabinets hold? Coconut oil can be used to cleanse the skin and moisturize. It is antibacterial, so can also be used as part of a natural deodorant. Avocado oil is awesome as a facial massage base. It is high in vitamins A, B1, B2, D, E, and Beta carotene. Delicious food for dry skin. Olive oil: yes please! Along with a great consistency for these drying months, it also contain Vitamins A, D, and K, and E. Of course, this is the tip of the iceberg when using herbs and kitchen ingredients for skincare. Come visit us to find out more and sign up for our enewsletter to receive notice of upcoming workshops!
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
The Divine Channel Channelled by Lisa Virtue
e speak to you on this day through the channel Lisa Virtue. She offers a conduit of communication from the realm of the Divine. This style of connection and communication is not unique to Lisa, nor is it a talent beyond the capabilities of most people. However, not all choose, nor are necessarily aware of its availability to them. What is a channel, you may ask? Simply put, it is a focussed tuning in to a frequency. A person who allows themselves to tune in to and receive understandings and information from an element of experience which, in this particular case, you call Divine. Channelling operates in various dimensions and those who choose to commune in this manner are able to tune in to a variety of awarenesses or experience planes. For example, some channels choose to connect with other life forms who exist in your physical plane. Lisa chooses to access a realm of Divine knowing. A place of higher consciousness where the severe limitations you are familiar with do not play a part. We speak as a group of conscious energy beings, part of the whole of all that is, yet with enough experience as individuals to retain the possibility of that type of awareness. For ease, the term angels, guides, spirits are often applied to ones of our nature. In truth there is a vastness much greater and less separate than may be easily expressed in your realm of dual nature. We share this with you as a reminder that communing with the greater understanding is not held from you. It is accessible. We share through those who have developed their own connection, in order to reach more of you. Finding connection or communion within yourself is possible and desirable. For there is the greater essence of you which is there as well. The higher self some have called this great, vast expression of you. You have the facility to commune with the less hindered focus of self.
We speak to you of this today to encourage you to release your intimidated or discouraged thoughts about your own abilities. Have faith in yourself that you too, are as divine a part of all that is as any other able to connect and commune with the greater, less limited realm of experience. It is time to move forth from greater limitation into vaster experience. We love you and know you will find the perfect connection for you in the optimal timing. Release your own shame, doubt, fear or anxious resistance and breathe in a breath of God (or the appropriate term that suits your belief of the vast oneness of creation). In fellowship, Parts of the Divine As a channel and healer Lisa aids you in rediscovering the you who truly lies beneath it all. Join her for the many events, offerings and courses presented this summer. Please Note: Lisa will be travelling extensively come August. Be sure to book your in-person sessions before her departure. 613-296-4271 Lisa@LisaVirtue.com www.LisaVirtue.com Facebook.com/LisaVirtue01 Instagram: LisaVirtueYoga
Stephen Leighton Financial Advisor
250B Greenbank Road, Suite 229 Greenbank Hunt Club Centre Nepean, ON K2H 8X4 613-829-7674 www.edwardjones.com Life Insurance Agent for Edward Jones Insurance Agency
EMPOWER YOURSELF & ACCESS YOUR HIGHEST POTENTIAL
Soulmating A Woman Power
"I Welcome You to Journey with Me"
The Sacred Feminine
Your Powers Within
What You've Forgotten & How to Awaken to it! Domaine Val Carroll, Laurentians, Qc Canada
July 27, 28, 29 All-inclusive: Lodging, Meals, Activities begins at $350 & Up Go to website for video & details.
WITH MICHÈLE C. ST.AMOUR
HEALER OF HEALERS TEACHER OF TEACHERS www.michelestamour.com 819-592-SOUL N O M A D I C | 2 4 40
Sasloveâ€™s Meat Market Reviews One of a kind ..... best steaks in town! Joel is a true gentleman and cares about his customers!!! Keep up the great work! - T.I. So, after a few years of eating their delicious hormone and antibiotic-free chicken, we were presented with a chicken from the supermarket when visiting my wifeâ€™s parents one Christmas. We cooked it the way we always do, and it tasted like one of those white erasers for technical drawing. Sure, the per-pound price of the meat might be higher at Sasloveâ€™s than at the supermarket, but what you get for that extra money goes beyond the monetary. At Sasloveâ€™s we get people who like what they are doing, caring about what they are doing, providing the kind of meats they eat and would feed their families. At a supermarket you have a guy unloading boxes that came from some factory or other into the coolers, counting the seconds till the end of his shift. The lamb is also fantastic, and they have a nice selection of fish. Canâ€™t speak to the beef or pork because we donâ€™t eat those, but they look good. Go in and see what they have. You wonâ€™t be able to look at supermarket meat the same way ever again, at any price. Oh, and they deliver often, which is a huge thing because we live on Canterbury so it is a bit of a shlep for us to get there. - R.B.
This is one of my favourite places to shop in Ottawa. The food is amazing and the staff is very helpful. I love the chicken pies and who can avoid the chopped liver? If you want steaks, and who doesnâ€™t, then this is the place to come. - F.L. Owner Joel is someone who genuinely cares about his customers. It is obvious that he wants to pass on savings for the customer, and puts that ideal before anything else. Sasloveâ€™s provides meat from local farms, which is proof they are community oriented. I love shopping at Sassloveâ€™s, and am sure to buy all my organic meats from them. - R.B. Best butcher in town!! Got a fresh bird, and ready to impress Sunday! (I hope!!). Ps their salmon is also to die for! Smoked or their maple ginger marinade pieces! Mmm... - A.S. LOVE! Highly recommend this spot to anyone - if youâ€™re not in the neighbourhood, worth the commute. - S.E. This place is legit. Quality and taste of meats here far surpass common grocery stores. Nice people too. - P.W. Great place, great service, great product and great ownership. Best Butchery in Town. - J.F.
SASLOVEâ€™S Meat Market
1333 Wellington St. 613-722-0086 email@example.com FB: sasloves wellington 6SHFLDOL]LQJLQ /RFDOPHDWV &HUWLILHGRUJDQLFEHHISRUNDQGSRXOWU\ &HUWLILHGRUJDQLF*5$66)('EHHI :LOGVDOPRQ )UHVK2UJDQLFVDOPRQ 1LWUDWHIUHHGHOL +($/7+<SUHSDUHGPHDOV %HVW9HJHWDULDQSDWWLHVLQ2WWDZD COUPON SPECIAL
This coupon entitles you to 10% off all organic chicken
Nobody makes a better breakfast with the friendliest servers than you folks at the Diner!! - J.D. Great place to shop for real food! - E.S. No one beats their perogies, hands down the best in Ottawa! - D.P. It doesnâ€™t get better than this! An amazing butchery and fantastic prepared foods. Best burgers anywhere anytime!!!! - M.B. Love being able to get all of our healthy protein here! - C.M. Had Sasloves New Superlative Chicken Strudel. A truly divine gastronomic experience for your earthly tastebuds! -S.S.
The May 2018 issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa. One of Canada's longest running independent health and wellness magazine.