March 2017, Vol. 32, #7, Priceless
4 Â L I APR
E N I L O R A C S S MY
An Evening of Healing in Ottawa April 4 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm • iamgenie.org
Carolyn Myss - Live in Ottawa - iamgenie.org
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. March 2017 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
In this illuminating evening Caroline Myss will investigate healing as a mystical science. Helping the audience understand how the body/mind/spirit functions as an integrated system with emphasis on the power of our soul to participate in our healing.
5-time NY Times Best Seller Caroline Myss to Visit Ottawa on April 4th
Caroline Myss is the author of Anatomy of the Spirit, Sacred Contracts, Invisible Acts of Power, and Why People Don’t Heal and How They Can. An internationally renowned speaker in the fields of human consciousness and mysticism, she holds degrees in journalism, theology, intuition, and energy medicine. She has appeared on two highly successful public television programs, and on The Oprah Show. The healing arts are now a part of our culture – a potpourri of wisdom, ancient remedies, modern knowledge, and allopathic medicine. Beyond this emerging alchemical pharmacy is the added fact that our consciousness has evolved. When we are ill, we seek out those who understand that the body/mind/spirit function as an integrated system. Our healing process inevitably draws us to matters of the soul, including the power of our soul to participate in our healing. Caroline aims to help us with this process in a beautiful spirit filled presentation. We hope you’ll join us. http://www.iamgenie.org/ • http://bronsoncentre.ca
Caroline Myss a regular on The Oprah Show and 5-time NY Times Best Selling author is set to visit the Bronson Centre in Ottawa on April 4th. An internationally renowned speaker in the fields of human consciousness and mysticism, she holds degrees in journalism, theology, intuition, and energy medicine. In this illuminating evening Caroline Myss will investigate healing as a mystical science. Helping the audience understand how the body/ mind/spirit functions as an integrated system with emphasis on the power of our soul to participate in our healing.
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
The healing arts are now a part of our culture - a potpourri of wisdom, ancient remedies, modern knowledge, and allopathic medicine. Beyond this emerging alchemical pharmacy is the added fact that our consciousness has evolved. When we are ill, we seek out those who understand that the body/ mind/spirit function as an integrated system. Our healing process inevitably draws us to matters of the soul, including the power of our soul to participate in our healing. Caroline aims to help us with this process in a beautiful spirit filled presentation. If you are interested in learning more please visit: www.iamgenie.org/carolinemyssottawa/
and disgust. They are neither “positive” nor “negative”. They are all necessary for a balanced, whole life. Almost The Greening of Consciousness all of the other emotions are a blend of these basic building blocks. For example, melancholy is a mixture any cultures and persons extol the importance of of joy and sadness. a high intelligence quotient (IQ). Very little focus According to Greek mythology, or attention is directed to the equally Dionysus had three births: his first important quality of emotional s was to his earth mother, Semele; s quotient (EQ). A person who has a llnes e his second to his father, the god, w very high ability to access, “juggle”, smokin Zeus; and his third to his maternal and appropriately articulate the frui grandmother, Urea. Urea was the array of emotions that present daughter of Gaia, the Earth Mother. themselves continuously is truly an xie ty This third birth was meant to depict “emotional genius”. This person self that Dionysus was connected to m e este has a very high EQ. “E-motions” the whole cosmos, as well as to the t are the GPS of our Psyche. They are weigh physical and mental realms. His the navigating compass that guides emotional interactions were not COUNSELLING, COACHING us in how to motivate ourselves merely limited to his daily thoughts, and move forward. After much & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE feelings and achievements. He had trial and error and with increasing Richard M. Haney a “green consciousness” because he Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist wisdom, we learn how to interpret was “environ-mentally” connected our emotions in order to direct our (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 to the whole Greek cosmic Psyche path towards our true Self. Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. via his maternal ancestry. There are eight basic emotions. www.ottawahypnosis.com René Descartes famously said that Four of them are the so-called www.ottawacounselling.com we are a thinking animal. He was “good” emotions and they are: love, correct as far as he went. It is also joy, curiosity and surprise. The other four are the sotrue that we can do what I call, “clearing thinking”. called “bad” emotions and they are: anger, fear, sadness In my hypnotherapy practice, I teach people how to temporarily clear their minds of all thoughts in a safe surrounding. Basically, we turn off the sympathetic nervous system. We rely only on the “vagus” nervous system (the parasympathetic nervous system). In this totally open and fully alert state, thinking is totally unnecessary! A person in this state is completely open to suggestion and/or auto-suggestion.
Do you have allergy to tree pollen, mold, grass, weeds and dust mites? Now available to everyone. A powerful new approach that uses a simple and effective method to radically eliminate all symptoms of allergies, both food and environmental. Allergies - Emotional Release - Iridology Nutrition - Reflexology - Shiatsu Acupuncture (Chanele Padiachy ND) Weight Loss & Weight Management Food & Envirnomental Sensitivity Testing and Elimination
$25 off Great news for any allergy test Allergy Sufferers! with this ad
This article was written by:Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation). Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. Richard: (613) 234-5678. E-mail: email@example.com
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
1437 Woodroffe Rd., Ottawa
Energy that heals and rejuvenates Georges Lakhovsky & Nikola Tesla PolarAidTM supports well-being with natural energy. It restores the body’s disrupted energy flows that create illnesses and health issues. By holding PolarAidTM disc in your hand, you become a supreme healer without a single day of training.
SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS WITH: “I was working with the most modern diagnostic and therapeutic devices that go beyond today’s conventional medicine for thousands of years. But PolarAid impressed me by its ease of use and efficiency. It is a small device with no supply of electrical power, but it achieves fantastic effects and results in a person who uses it. Many years of my learning and efforts have been brought into question when I realized that every person, without a single day of training, with PolarAid in his/her hands becomes the most powerful, supreme healer. PolarAid proved to be extraordinary within my gynecological practice. I advised my patients to sit on PolarAid while drinking coffee and talking with their friends. It was a very satisfying therapeutic time to resolve all sorts of their problems, ranging from the most banal vaginal infections to more serious gynecological problems. At the same time they would get rid of some persistent urinary symptoms or annoying hemorrhoids and their painful menstrual cramping would disappear. Using the same procedure, sitting on a disk or holding PolarAid between their legs while lying down, the men would recover their prostate, improve their libido and their sex life. About the author: Dr Dino Tomic, Specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics for more than 20 years. He deals with exploring other treatment options beyond the limited domain of conventional medicine: quantum and bioresonance medicine, homeopathy, acupuncture and energy techniques.
No radiation or magnetism. No expiry date. Maintenance-free. Visit us at Booth #724 at the Total Health Show in Toronto April 21-23, 2017 March 2017
• All kinds of pain • All types of gynecological problems, sterility • PMS, menopausal symptoms • Problems with urinary system • Enhances libido, sexual desire • Problems with prostate gland and impotency • Constipation and bowel problems • Hemorrhoids • Stomach problems • Fosters liver and spleen function and incites body detoxification at all levels • Lung problems • Improves the cardiac muscle • Problems with thyroid gland • Enhances immune system • Sinus problems • Migraine • Problems with bones, joints and spine • Anxiety and nervousness • Insomnia • Energizing the drinking water • Many other conditions which are the results of the lack of vital energy
www.polaraidhealth.com AskDrTomic@polaraidhealth.com 1 450 486 7888 5
Permission to Love
by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within. he heart of our being is rooted in love. Without love we have no genuine interaction, no commitment to each other, and no reference to our Spirit. Without love of self and others we do not evolve. This is how much it matters to every organism on Earth right now. We often hear people misuse “love” when they mean conditional acceptance, expectation, lust, neediness, control, or abuse. True love never diminishes us. True love is a purity of consciousness. It embraces the totality of understanding of what it means to be Divine. It holds us steady in our inner knowing, awakens us to our vastness, and welcomes our unity. To be love: Building a loving relationship with ourselves is our first healing priority. In self-love we permit ourselves to flow with peace no matter what is transpiring. There is no condition that can deny this: nothing that was done by us or done to us can change this. Our ego cannot keep us in our pain when we love ourselves through it. To be loved: To accept true love from others is also selflove. We don’t have to minimize or explain ourselves, nor accomplish or do anything in order to receive it. We do not have to prove ourselves – we are already valuable.
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
What’s holding you back from self-love? I specialize in clearing stubborn limiting patterns. We can bring you freedom with Divine healing of your 12-dimensional self and clearing from the root level. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
To love: When a full heart for ourselves overflows then we love others. We carry the blessings of the Spirits of Christ to others as an effortless extension of our Highest Self. Freely sharing love sustains us. Loving in 2017: Love is our highest expression of God. Nobody needs to give us permission to love. Yet, because so much of our collective history has dampened and darkened our hearts, I do suggest that we consciously give this permission to ourselves now – declare it, so that we can all truly live in love! Copyright 2017 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved. For the full article visit www.MelindaUrban.com 17 years of intuitive healing experience to help you love. Appointments in person or by phone 613-253-2888. FREE newsletter.
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology
F O RMAT IO N/ T R AI NI NG
Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family.
Maîtrise du Système Énergétique MD
S TA R T I N G AU G U S T 2 0 1 7
Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC Certified Financial Planner/Certified Retirement Coach firstname.lastname@example.org 613.440.2734
Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N. Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 email@example.com
Energize Your Life with Positive Thinking
hen you develop a truly positive mindset, you set yourself up for a happier and more fulfilling life. Living at a stressful and hectic pace tends to block joy and happiness, a more joyful existence is certain to be a welcome change! It might take a wee bit of practice to change your negative thought patterns into positive ideas that serve you better, but you CAN do it! Here are some strategies to invigorate your life: 1. Tell yourself you can do it. Sometimes, a simple thought that you repeat over and over again can get you through a tough or challenging experience. “I can do it, I can do it, I can do it” is a great mantra to keep you striving for the excellence you desire. 2. Write what’s good about you. Even though it may feel a bit strange to do it, get a pen and paper and start listing your positive attributes. Do some bragging about yourself.
Acknowledge that you will do something. Rather than being disappointed about something you didn’t do well, vow you’ll work to achieve it in the future. Use the words, “I am.”
3. Notice that you’re not saying, “I’m going to try” or “I might give it a go.” You’re stating, “I am” following through. It’s positive and affirmative. Practice thinking and speaking in these terms. The more definitive you can be, the more likely your life will advance in positive ways. 4. Have a sense of humour. If you ordered a new bed and it doesn’t fit in the room when the delivery guys bring it, try to laugh about it. Recognize it’s not an unsolvable issue—you can return the bed
and shop for another one. Smile and say that tomorrow is another day to get it right. 5. Tell yourself you can handle it if something doesn’t work out. Being positive means you’ll land on your feet, regardless of what happens. You’ll get through it. When you truly know this and live life like you believe it, you’ll be one of the most positive people alive. When you begin to re-focus your life toward positivity, you’ll discover a passion for life you’ve never before experienced. You’ll bring vim and vigor to your life each day through practicing these positive methods and mantras. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
• emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca Empower Your Life-Path!
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
Stress: A signpost to rehabilitation
hile all of us experience stress, some of us experience it chronically. Stress can be seen as a demon, which is bad for the health of our body and mind. However, we know that if we take care of the original cause of stress we can alleviate it greatly. Realistically, there is a message inherent to the stress that we’re experiencing. To explore this further let’s practice the three syncs of body, emotion and mind -- a method of sensing into our experience more directly, such as: • Feeling into my body, how does the stress feel? Do I experience tightness? Difficulty breathing? ; • If I feel into my emotions what do I sense -- fear? Sadness?; and • If I feel into my mind what types of thoughts surround my anxiety? Perhaps thoughts like, “I can’t do this” and/or “I don’t want this!”? Simply doing the three syncs opens door to the possibilities of change. It starts with a gentle “presencing” of our states. Looking away, or finding ways to bypass my body, emotions and mind will only provide a momentarily respite. Looking or sensing from a clear non-judgemental perspective is the way to not only alleviate our stress, but it’s also a path of compassion and awareness. Through this method we are beginning to develop a natural resilience through the capacity to look from a compassionate perspective. This helps us to breathe more deeply, to relax our body, shift our mindset and lead a lifestyle that is regenerated, a life that is “related”. A life where I connect with my true self, where I’m living more and more within my life’s purpose. In my sessions with you we explore the levels of evolutionary stress and integration stress. The hypnosis part is tailored to your needs, in itself it is very suiting, relaxing and it empowers your objectives. I email you the recording for
you to listen. It is worth it, we can help ourselves more then we know. Lynne Cardinal has offered Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors for over 30 years. She is also a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. She has studied extensively with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation and Healing and Trauma work, and she also trained with Diane Hamilton in Conflict Resolution and with Diana Martinez on Family Constellation. For more information call 613.721.7888 or www.kaivalya.ca firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
We provide individual care, designed to meet your needs, using the latest technologies in Skin Care, Anti Aging Treatments, Permanent Hair Removal, Weight Loss, Natural Health Remedies & More.
Natural Skin Lifting Or RF Skin Tightening
$220 - BUY 2, GET 1 FREE! With presentation of this ad, until April 15, 2017.
Ask About Our Spring Specials On Laser Hair Removal, Electrolysis, IPL Photo Facial, Fat & Cell Reduction, and other specialized treatments. NATURAL TREATMENTS FOR WHAT AILS YOU! NAET Allergy Elimination
A non-invasive, drug free, natural therapy to alleviate allergies to Food, Chemicals, Animals, Perfume, Grass, etc. TFT Thought Freedom Technique
A psychological acupressure highly recommended to optimize emotional health. TFT is effective in reducing negative emotions including Anxiety, Stress, Fear, Guilt, Phobias, Cravings, Weight issues, etc.
Reflexology Foot Massage
The proven benefits of Reflexology include: Relaxation, Pain reduction, Improved blood circulation, Complementary with cancer care, Post-operative recovery, etc. SU-JOK Instant Pain Relief
A drug free system using energy points and acupressure for instant pain relief, Su-jok helps treat conditions such as Arthritis, Bronchitis, Asthma, Backache, Joint pain, Migraine, Hypertension, Constipation, Acidity, Obesity, Diabetes, Blood pressure, etc.
Call Us To Arrange Your Free Consultation
2495 ST. JOSEPH BLVD. ORLEANS | 613.890.6161 | IVANABEAUTYCLINIC.COM March 2017
Separating With Your Values Intact
any spouses look upon the process of negotiating a Separation Agreement with distaste and apprehension. It’s not just the depletion of resources (time, money and energy) they fear. Often they are afraid to engage in what they believe will be a process that brings out the worst in them, that doesn’t really let them negotiate in a way that feels right to them. Though they don’t usually say so in so many words, what these couples are really expressing is that they want to separate in a way that is in keeping with their values. Talking about values and Separation Agreements in the same sentence may seem surprising. Yet there are actually several ways to separate with your values intact. 1. Choose mediation. The mediation mentality of dealing with conflict in a constructive manner is completely different from the traditional adversarial process that can subtly encourage couples to fight in an unhealthy way, to take extreme positions on the issues, and to “posture” for the sake of the negotiations, rather than dealing openly, honestly and fairly with the questions they need to resolve. 2. Focus on your values. Some couples are already aware of their values when they come to mediation. But more often than not people have never taken the time to expressly identify their values. A mediator can help elicit a couple’s core values and then structure a process that is in keeping with these. Typical values that a mediator might draw out from a couple include their desire for openness and respect in the way they talk to each other, their deep need to be heard and understood (even if not agreed with), their wish to do what is “fair,” (even if they disagree on exactly what this means), the desire to reach a cooperative settlement without resorting to Court, and the priority they place on their children’s well-being. 3. Write your Separation Agreement in a way that includes your values. A Separation Agreement is a legal document and, as such, must contain some clauses that seem dense and hard to understand. But a Separation Agreement can also be more than just an impersonal legal piece of paper, and its language can, in parts, reflect a couple’s values. Along with the legal clauses dividing the pensions and RRSP’s, and the long “boilerplate” release clauses at the end of every Agreement, a Separation Agreement can also contain more “human” clauses, such as a statement of a
• 37 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: email@example.com
613. 237.7335 couple’s values to be applied in dealing with any future disagreements, a statement of thanks for their years together and good wishes for the future, and perhaps even an agreement to disagree on certain issues while respecting each other’s views. These clauses, which a couple can write themselves if they like, can not only personalize an Agreement for parents; they can also be important if their children read them in the future. (Children should not be reading their parents’ Separation Agreements, but many are notorious for seeking them out.) The children can see that, whatever the difficulties between their parents, they conducted themselves in a respectful, co-operative fashion. Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
Essential Oils from A to Z
here are almost as many essential oils in the world as there are plants-which stands to reason because that is what the are derived from! We have over 100 therapeutic grade essential oils, far too many to describe each here, so I will share but a few. Amyris essential oil comes from a tree grown in Haiti or the Dominican Republic. Its claim to fame is that it smells very similar to sandalwood, but at a fraction of the price! And unlike sandalwood, the oil is processed from the bark of fallen branches, so the tree itself won’t be overharvested. Copaiba balsam comes from the sap of trees native to South America. It is reputed to be a great wound healer, an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Coffee essential oil could be diffused in a room to clean and freshen the air. Its antioxidant and stimulating properties could also be beneficial in skin care (diluted). Champaka essential oil is derived from the flowers of the plant. Used in perfumery due to its ‘intense, intoxicating’ scent. It is reputed to be good for meditation, as an aphrodisiac and to enhance well-being. We love the scent of jamarosa, an oil derived from the roots of a grass grown in India. Like champaka, it used
extensively in perfumes, but is also reported to have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. I have to mention two of the eucalyptus varieties we carry: lemon-scented eucalyptus, along with being a mosquito repellent, is said to help with colds, coughs and fevers. Black peppermint eucalyptus is a favourite because it can help with congestion more gently in young children and the elderly. Tobacco essential oil is another oil used in perfume blends. It is also a spiritual plant for First Nations. It is reported to help calm the nerves, so may be helpful in cases of stress and exhaustion. Xanthoxylum (okay, it doesn’t start with a ‘Z’ but sounds like it does) is made from the fruit and leaves of a tree grown in Nepal, where it is traditionally used to heal respiratory and digestive complaints. Come in and see the difference plant medicine can make in your life! ©2017 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St in Centretown. She gives how-to workshops on making natural products for the body and has been creating natural bodycare for over 2 decades years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic.
Eyes of a Child
Written by Alexis Nicol
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: What actually is death and why am I afraid?
SRI CHINMOY: You have two rooms: a living room and a bedroom. In your living room you work and talk to people. This room is called life. In the other room, where you sleep, you need not talk to anybody, for there you go to rest—either for a long or a short period of time. This room is called death. Needless to say, that room is also yours. You are afraid of death because you feel that death is not yours, whereas life is. You think that life is home, certainty, whereas death is elsewhere and all uncertainty. But this is not true. Both life and death are in you. Right now death is required; it helps us in a sense. It allows us to take some rest. Then when we come back, we come back with new hope, new light and new aspiration. When the soul leaves the body, it carries with it the essence of the earthly experiences it acquired, and while taking rest, it assimilates the essence of its past. Then it starts to prepare itself for a new journey, choosing a new birth, a new environment, new circumstances, a new personality and a new mission. Then, with the approval of God, it descends into the physical world once again. Right now you are afraid of death because you think of yourself as your body, your mind, your senses. But a day will come when, on the strength of your aspiration, prayer and meditation, you will think of yourself not as the body but as the soul. The physical body may leave the earth, but the soul, which is a conscious portion of God, will remain consciously in God and for God throughout Eternity. If you know that the soul is your real reality, you will not have any fear of death. The moment you feel that you need God and He needs you, the moment you feel God inside you, before you and around you, then death no longer exists for you. Visit www.srichinmoy.org for further writings by Sri Chinmoy
xperiencing your life by seeing and living as a child is refreshing. Doing so affords one greater freedom. For example, if you can, just imagine that you have been invited to a party and that you have never been to one before. You wouldn’t know what to expect and you’d be excited, open to all the new things that you’d see and the people you will meet. It would be an occasion to feel and sense for yourself, not one influenced or tainted by another’s past experiences. Over the years we become conditioned to what is to be expected of us and that things should be done a certain way. It has become so important for us to behave in a particular manner that if we deviate from the “norm” it can be perceived as affronting another’s personal beliefs. They might react with embarrassment, anger or even feel betrayed and hurt. They mightn’t realize that by marching to our own beat that we are indeed following the prodding from an Omnipotent Intelligence that lives within us all. Isn’t it fun watching the antics of children when they try something new, observing them as they discover life on their own terms. So why and when does it change to having to do things in the same way they have been done for generations? Why are we so afraid to be different? I do understand that sometimes it is for our own protection but I think we hold on too much to the fears our predecessors have passed down to us throughout the ages. It is so heartening to see a child that doesn’t react with fear but with curiosity, instinctively following their inner guidance flowing within them. As you listen to your own intuitive guidance life becomes invigorating and new. We open ourselves up to discovering the joys we are meant to experience. Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
Soul Mind Body Medicine®
By Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha ver the past few decades, various forms of mindbody medicine have become more and more popular, to the point of being widely accepted. These modalities emphasize the mind-body connection, which encompasses the effects of our psychological and emotional states on our physical well-being and the power of conscious intent, relaxation, meditation, belief, expectation, and mind over matter to affect our health. As both a Western- and Eastern-trained medical practitioner, I think mind-body medicine is a step forward, but it is not enough. It neglects the most important factor, the soul. The soul has consciousness, intelligence, and creativity. It also has power to heal and bless. Soul Mind Body Medicine’s healing techniques work on the soul and the consciousness of the body’s systems, organs, and cells. These techniques directly and instantaneously influence matter inside the cells and energy outside the cells. They also work on the emotional body to heal emotional imbalances like depression, anxiety, fear, anger, and grief. They work on the mental body to heal mental imbalances such as delusions and confusion. And, they work on the spiritual body, giving you techniques for clearing negative karma.
The techniques work by recognizing the effects of message or spiritual blockages. Matter and energy are carriers of message. Message is soul or spirit; it communicates with and influences matter and energy. If you apply Soul Mind Body Medicine healing, the interplay between matter inside the cells and energy outside the cells will be adjusted and balanced. This is how the soul or message works to offer healing. It is also why prayer works as a healing agent and why soul over matter is the heart of Soul Mind Body Medicine. Soul Mind Body Medicine teaches ancient wisdom and practical techniques including chanting, meditation, movement practices, and more, that you can apply to optimize your health, boost the quality of your life, and help prolong your life. The techniques are simple and practical. You can learn them right away and apply them instantly. Soul Mind Body Medicine has already transformed many lives. It works. Soul Mind Body Medicine: A Complete Soul Healing System for Optimum Health and Vitality. Zhi Gang Sha. Novato, California: New World Library, 2006. Master Lynda Chaplin is a Certified Master Teacher of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha. Join Master Lynda on March 2426 to learn more about Soul Mind Body Medicine to nourish your soul and enrich every aspect of your life—see ad below for details. For more information, contact Master Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
SOUL MIND BODY WELLNESS empowering you to be happier and healthier!
FREE Film Screening! SOUL MASTERS: DR. GUO & DR. SHA Friday, March 24, 7–9:30 pm
Two extraordinary healers, each committed to a childhood vow to relieve the suffering of humanity, discover and share the secret of all true healing. Learn about the power of soul and experience high frequency blessings immediately following the film screening.
SOUL MIND BODY MEDICINE® FOR OPTIMUM HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
Saturday–Sunday, March 25–26, 10 am–6 pm $65 for one day; $95 for both days
Master Lynda Chaplin
Certified Master Teacher of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha
Soul Mind Body Medicine is a complete soul healing system empowering you to attain optimum health and happiness. This system combines the essence of Western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine with ancient energy and spiritual secrets from China. Learn how to apply ancient wisdom and practical techniques including chanting, meditation, movement practices, Tao Calligraphy tracing, and special blessings to nourish your soul and enrich every aspect of your life.
Saint Paul University, Guigues Hall, Room G101, 223 Main Street, Ottawa K1S 1C4 Meetup.com/SoulMindBodyWellness-Ottawa | Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa Master Lynda Chaplin | 647 654 7711 | Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com | DrSha.com | TV.DrSha.com
Ankle Pain & Acupuncture By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
he ankle joint is an intricate network of bones, ligaments, tendons and muscles. It is built for both strength and flexibility, as it needs to bear the weight of our body while also having the flexibility for the various surfaces we walk on. The ankle joint can be prone to various types of injury and pain and ankle pain may be experienced on the inside or outside of the ankle or along the back where the Achilles tendon connects the muscles in the lower leg to the heel bone. Most ankle pain results from a sprain, which occurs when the ankle rolls over the foot, causing a ligament to stretch or tear. Sprains are often sports-related but they can also occur when walking on an uneven surface of from taking a misstep. Ankle pain can also be caused by injury to any of the bones, ligaments or tendons in the ankle. Any kind of ankle injury will also affect our gait or walking pattern and in a chain reaction, the knee joint, hip joint, SI joint and spine become involved and so ankle pain can have far-reaching consequences.
Riverside Acupuncture & Wellness Center
Steve (Eun Kyu) Ryu, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA) Specialized in...
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106
• Infertility • IVF Support For appointments call • Menopausal Syndrome 613-863-6906 • Women's Health www.freewebs.com/newlifeacu • Allergies • Pain Relief www.acupunctureottawa.com Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
As with other pain or injuries in the body, Chinese medicine (TCM) usually diagnoses ankle pain and injury as a blockage or lack of proper circulation of blood and qi-energy in the affected area. These blockages lead to pain, weakness, and an inability for the ankle to heal properly because it cannot receive the proper nourishment to do so. Acupuncture helps to remove blockages, increase circulation of the blood and energy, and also resolve any imbalances in the meridians that may be causing a weakness in the ankle and leaving it prone to injury or strain. In the early stages of an injury, acupuncture can help to remove blockages and promote blood flow to the ankle, as well as relieve swelling and pain. With injuries in the middle stage of healing, acupuncture can help alleviate swelling and pain in the ankle, and promote healing of the tissues and bones. In later stages of injury, where the ankle has become rigid and weak, acupuncture can help to relax the tendons and remove blockages to regain movement and strength in the ankle. In all cases, acupuncture helps to strengthen the body and promote better functioning so that the body is better able to heal and to resolve the problem fully. Whether we are dealing with acute or chronic ankle problems, acupuncture can help to boost the body’s healing so that we can regain our health and return to our regular day to day functioning.
1230 Wellington, Ottawa, ON 613-729-5973
PATHWORK: Transitioning from Isolation to Union
n these challenging and chaotic times, it is easy to find ourselves struggling with feelings of confusion, fear, helplessness and even despair, as we observe world events from a predominantly dualistic perspective. But the Pathwork lectures remind us of a bigger vision of our purpose in these transformational times. Lecture 75: The Great Transition in Human Development tells us that there are two basic currents in the universe, the love force (unity) and the egocentric principle (dualistic) by which most human beings still live and that the transition from self-centered isolation to the state of union with “all that is” is the most essential step on our spiritual path. However, we tend to harbour a belief that only as a separate, unique individual can we have dignity and a chance for happiness. In our separateness, we build walls made up of fear-based misconceptions, about others and ourselves, in an effort to protect ourselves. As we move along the path to psychological and spiritual maturity, examining our basic faults of selfwill, pride, and fear and how these manifest in false beliefs and misconceptions, we gain understanding and strength about our own lives and life in general. At some point, we reach a time for a new evaluation from an ethical and spiritual viewpoint. Recognizing that we are one with all of creation frees us from the inner prisons we build, opening the door to true happiness and dignity. The first tentative steps in the transition from separateness to a state of love are the cultivation of self-knowledge and self-acceptance. Through exploration, meditation and mutual support, we can experience moving from isolation to union within ourselves and between one another, communities, and countries.
Pathwork Open Lecture Discussions WINTER 2017 Saint Paul University, 233 Main St; follow the signs to the room
March 8, April 12 and May 10 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation: $15; members & program participants free Contact Jean: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-829-1254 All welcome Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org At the next monthly Pathwork Open Lecture on Wednesday March 8, we will dive into this rich topic and discover practical ways to shift from isolation to union. When: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 7 to 9 pm Where: Saint Paul University, 233 Main Street (follow the signs to the room). All are welcome. There is a suggested donation of $15 for non-members; $5 for members. The Pathwork Lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org For more information, contact Pathwork Helper Jean: email@example.com or 613-829-1254. The presenters, Mary Gordon and Beverly Chen, are long time Pathworkers.
MALACHAI www.MalachaiCounselling.com *
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant
~ Spiritual Counsel for Awakening Souls ~ “A genius at understanding people” - Dr. W. Bento “Highly clairvoyant, a clear channel” - Lisa Garr “A master of psychology” - Yogishri Vishvketu “Super ancient soul” - Melanie (Shaman) To book your complimentary session:
firstname.lastname@example.org www.sherryharriscounselling.org 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available
Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space: Creating Boundaries and Safe Spaces – Part I
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
Offering Updated model for the first time
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch® Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach, Certified Facilitator, Open Space Technology, and Small Group Processes
have been working and being astonished with my work with energy for more than 25 year now. Before becoming fully aware of how the energy of others affected me, I had no idea as to what was happening, except that I would make decisions that seemed totally foreign to me about what I would want to do, and just didn’t fit with who I was. When I began to study energy healing, I was able to grasp how the energy and thought forms of others, could have an impact on me when a friend introduced me to a book that was actually about preparing our energy bodies for the coming times. As I began to use these tools to ground myself, to clear my energy field, to maintain the integrity of my energy field, I was astonished the difference in how I felt, and gradually I began to get the idea of who I was when I was able to clear the energy of others from my field therefore, preventing the imposition of others on my being. Before I learned these tools, I had really no idea as to what was happening within my being when I was in close proximity with some people in various circumstances. I could only tell that sometimes I would be feeling great, and then a certain person, or group of people would enter the space, and I’d feel exhausted, or confused, or really upset. However, I also realized that at other times, other people would enter my space, or I, theirs, and I’d feel really uplifted, and energized. With the information from that text, I began to understand how much I had been influenced from my very early beginnings in life, from my family, friends, society, and as I grew up, from teachers, fellow students, and indeed, from my church, government, and indeed, from everyone in my world. The vibration of the planet is increasing and the magnetics decreasing, therefore, energy as thoughtforms move through time and space much more quickly than previously and without the interference of strong magnetics. We are encouraged to spend time with positive people and those who help us to feel good and uplifted. We are now realizing that negative thoughts, violent thoughts, particularly fearful thoughts affect our bodies and our minds in destructive ways. Many illnesses in our bodies and minds can be traced back to strong negative input often in the form of guilt, from earlier in our lives. The wonderful part of working with energy, is that nothing is permanent. If we take the steps we can learn
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
to take, we can remove all the negative and destructive energy from our energy fields. We simply need to learn a few techniques, and to practice them regularly, and viola!!! we will quickly find ourselves feeling lighter, healthier, and more energetic with the heaviness from those other energies. Please check out my website at www.aileensoasis. com to find the dates for the series of workshops on Grounding, and send me an e-mail a very complete description. Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has also been certified as a Open Space Technology facilitator, as well as a facilitator of small groups. She offers workshops in other energy work, including Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® therapy. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at email@example.com or you can check out her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www.wellnessunlimited.ca and the Quantum-Touch website at www.quantumtouch.com
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue
Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
air Analysis will identify the toxicity hiding in your brain and body. Perhaps you are hosting “Cadmium”. Even low readings on a hair analysis is a reliable indicator that a person has more of the metal inside. Sometimes Cadmium might not be revealed on early hair tests because the metal is so deeply buried and requires time to uncover and dislodge from the storage sites. Cadmium is among the most toxic of the heavy metals. It is a common metal found in cigarette smoke, tap water, coffee, some processed and refined foods
How To Beat Inflammation: Eating For Vitality and Achieving Your Ideal Weight “Let food by thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates When: Wednesday, March 22nd 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Where: Meeting Room A, Beaverbrook Public Library, Kanata ON Cost: $20 Register: Please email Ann Jarvis at: firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Space is limited!
During this workshop, you will learn why all food is information. There are no neutral foods. Foods are either anti-inflammatory or pro-inflammatory. Learn about the essential macro-nutrients that lower inflammation and reduce belly fat (hint: they’re the same foods!). Receive a 7 Day Meal Plan – with recipes! – to help you get started on an anti-inflammatory diet.
such as hydrogenated oils, and in foods from the sea, especially shellfish of all kinds. It is found in marijuana, and in cigarette papers. Cadmium is involved in all of the major diseases of our time, including cancer, diabetes, arthritic syndromes, heart disease, kidney disease, and others. In males, Cadmium easily replaces zinc in the testicles and prostate gland and the toxicity is associated with impotence, For women, Cadmium toxicity makes them more sexual but it also makes them more like a macho man with difficulties in monogamous, close relationships and less in touch with their true, deep feminine nature. The average half life of cadmium in the human body is 27 years. This means that cadmium does not tend to leave the body very much on its own but when a person pursues a Nutritional Balancing program which includes Sauna Therapy, Cadmium will slowly be eliminated, leading to many health benefits. “Dr. Lawrence Wilson has written an excellent book, “Sauna Therapy,” which is the best resource I have read to date on sauna use. As a nutritional consultant, Wilson recommends not spending more than 20 minutes in a near-infrared lamp sauna unless you’re also on a nutritional balancing program. The reason for this is because the near-infrared can produce profound changes in your body chemistry. While most of these changes will be beneficial, if you have very unbalanced mineral ratios you could potentially worsen the problem. For men considering this regimen, I would caution them to protect their testes by holding an ice pack near their scrotum while they are in the sauna, as the testes weren’t designed for these types of high temperatures and there are some reports of impaired fertility in men who use sauna regularly.” Dr Mercola For more information on Nutritional Balancing and Hair Analysis contact TheHairAnalyst.com or email: email@example.com
What Do We Know About our Lymphatic System and Its Importance
ost of us have heard of lymph glands regarding breast cancer and removal of the breast and the lymph glands near and under the arm pit. But do we really know the importance these glands play in our bodies? I will attempt to explain their importance. The Lymphatic System is part of the circulatory system and a vital part of the immune system consists of a multitude network of fine lymphatic vessels through the entire body. They are similar to the circulatory system veinâ€™s and capillaries. The primary function of the lymphatic system is to transport lymph, a fluid containing infection-fighting white blood cells involved in the immune system to defend foreign bodies. However it has multiple functions, ie, is responsible for delivering nutrients to the cells while carrying away excess water, cellular waste, and bacterial viruses and toxins which accumulate in the skin tissue during the metabolic process. It transports white blood cells to and from the lymph nodes into the bones. It absorbs and transports fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins from the digestion system. Sometimes this system does not work well. The symptoms that we can look for are: Chronic inflammation, cellulites, skin problems, ie: acne, migraines, swollen skin tissue often of legs and arms. Arms are especially noticed when a breast and lymph glands are removed. This swelling in the tissues is called Lymphedema or Lymphatic Edema and is a condition of localized fluid system causes by a compromised lymphatic system. However it can develop in any part of the body. Treatment for lymphedema depends on its cause and includes wearing compression stockings or sleeves proper diet and skin care, elevation of the arm or leg
H EALI NG M AC H INES The Original Chi Machine
Hot House Far Infrared Rays Hot House
Based on German exercise #1 recovery machine in Japan. physiology. Invented by a Japanese Benefits that will improve your doctor. Benefits that will improve with arthritis, rheumatism, chronic poor circulation, digestion, ailments, sciatica, detoxification, constipation, nervousness, general colitis, ear diseases, increase bodyâ€™s pain, insomnia, chronic conditions. ability to absorb oxygen, soft tissue 15 minutes on the Chi machine injuries & lumbar sprains. Costs 5 equals a 90 minute walk. cents/hr. Great for weight loss as you burn 900 calories in 30 minutes which equals a 6.9km run.
For a FREE demo and more details, contact Zora Jackson at 613-422-7804 to ease the drainage. Research at Flinders University in Southern Australia has done amazing research of Lymphedema using a different modality. There is better treatment now rather than putting a sleeve and pushing air against the swollen limb and that is the CHI. Anyone caring to know more what this treatment is, please contact: ZORA JACKSON A NEW DAWN in THERAPIES www.anewdawnintherapies.ca zorajackson@rogers,com 613-422-7804
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
The Merchant and the Diamond Ian Prattis
here was a merchant who lived in a far-away land. He was very wealthy and built a trading empire that brought him great riches, yet in the midst of all his wealth and fame he felt a lack, that there was something he did not have. One night he had a dream and remembered it very clearly. He dreamed there was a monk sitting under a tree at the forest’s edge, and that this monk had something special to give to him. He was not accustomed to dreaming, so he felt this dream held a special portent. At sunrise the next day he left his house and walked to the edge of the town where he lived. He saw the monk, just as in his dream, wearing a saffron robe, sitting quietly under the shade of a tree at the edge of the forest. He looked so peaceful. As the merchant approached, the monk opened his eyes and smiled gently to him. The merchant stopped, bowing respectfully, and said: “Dear monk, I had a dream about you last night, that you would be sitting here on the edge of the forest and that you had something for me. What is it that you have for me?” The monk paused for a moment then slowly reached into his canvas bag. He brought out a huge diamond as big as a man’s fist. It sparkled and shone in the sunlight, dazzling the eyes and senses of the merchant. It was the most beautiful and valuable diamond the merchant had ever seen. The monk said, “Have you come for this?” The merchant without hesitating replied, “Oh yes, thank you so much, this is wonderful. I have always wanted to possess such a magnificent diamond.” He wrapped the diamond inside his jacket and returned home. Once there he placed the diamond in his front room. He closed the shutters and locked the doors to his house and stayed with the diamond, totally mesmerized and entranced by its beauty and purity. He did not go to work that day, nor did he eat or drink. He thought that this gift was the missing piece of his life and he wanted to bask in the glory of it. When he went to sleep that night, he placed the diamond on a small pedestal by his bedside, so that he could have it close by. Yet he could not sleep. He felt a strange disturbance within himself that he did not understand. He tossed and turned, not knowing what to do about the growing restlessness. Just before sunrise he rose, got dressed and carefully wrapped the diamond in a cloth, before setting off once more for the edge of the forest. The monk was sitting in the same place, deep in meditation. The peace that emanated from him calmed the restlessness that so disturbed the merchant. On hearing the merchant’s footsteps come closer and then stop before him, the monk opened his eyes and once more smiled very gently to the merchant. “Good morning my friend,” he said. “Are you not happy with the diamond?”
Pine Gate Mindfulness Community Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh Silent Meditation 7pm – 8pm every Thursday Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7
First Saturdays – Day of Mindfulness 5pm – 8pm Contact 613 726 0881 • email@example.com http://ianprattis.com/PineGate/index.html https://www.facebook.com/pinegatesangha/ The merchant bowed and placed the diamond at the feet of the monk and said, “Good monk, it is not the diamond that I want. I would like to have the heart that can give away such a diamond.” The monk very quietly stood up and bowed to the merchant, “Good sir, as that is your wish, I will teach you to meditate.” Ian Prattis is Zen teacher at Pine Gate Mindfulness Community in the west end of Ottawa. Silent meditation every Thursday 7.00pm – 8.00pm, Mindfulness Gathering every First Saturday of the month. Latest book http://ianprattis.com/NewPlanet.html
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2016 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops
Quantum-Touch® Therapy Level I Certificate Training weekend based on the new updated model Saturday and Sunday, April 1st and 2nd, 2017, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna email@example.com or www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751 In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. In fact, by the time you have your lunch break on the first day, you will have created amazing results. You will be learning from the first Canadian Quantum-Touch Instructor, with an amazing record.
Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space Part I Saturday, March 18th, 2017 Friday, March 31st, 2017 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Part II Saturday, March 25th, 2017 A workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, clearing a physical space, being present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone else working or living closely with others. For further information, a flyer and registration form call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Heal the soul first; then healing of the mind and body will follow. – Dr. & Master Zhi Gang Sha FREE Film Screening! SOUL MASTERS: DR. GUO & DR. SHA Friday, March 24, 7–9:30 pm Two extraordinary healers, each committed to a childhood vow to relieve the suffering of humanity, discover and share the secret of all true healing. Learn about the power of soul and experience high frequency blessings immediately following the film screening. SOUL MIND BODY MEDICINE® FOR OPTIMUM HEALTH AND WELL-BEING Saturday–Sunday, March 25–26, 10 am–6 pm $65 for one day; $95 for both days Soul Mind Body Medicine is a complete soul healing system empowering you to attain optimum health and happiness. This system combines the essence of Western medicine and traditional Chinese medicine with ancient energy and spiritual secrets from China. Learn how to apply ancient wisdom and practical techniques including chanting, meditation, movement practices, Tao Calligraphy tracing, and special blessings to nourish your soul and enrich every aspect of your life. Location Saint Paul University, Guigues Hall, Room G101 223 Main St., Ottawa
Master Sha Soul Healing Ottawa Every Thursday, 7–8:30 pm Learn practical, useful techniques for putting the body’s natural healing to work.
Information Master Lynda Chaplin 647.654.7711, Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com Meetup.com/SoulMindBodyWellness-Ottawa Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa
Hawthorne Public School (small gym, south side of building) 2158 St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa K1G 1A9 Sara Brauner: 613.620.1996
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops.
Dana Hunsberger Dana Hunsberger is a Reiki Master, Integrated Energy Therapist, Reflexologist, Therapeutic Touch Practitioner, and Intuitive Reader. She offers Reiki, Intuitive Guidance & Energy Therapy, Card Readings, Angel Healing, IET, and Reflexology at Planet Botanix. Sessions are available on Wednesdays 10am - 6pm. Contact Dana to book an appointment: SacredChakraTherapies@ gmail.com or www.sacredchakra.ca Maritie Lord Maritie Lord is at Planet Botanix Saturday from 10:30 to 5:30. She offers Reiki, Theta, Intuitive Readings and Tarot. She has been helping with the healing process for over 15 years. Her rate is $1 minute, so $60 for the hour. Check out her Facebook Page at https://web.facebook.com/ energyhealingintuitivereading/# or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details. Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional wounds. www.ottawacounselling.com Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot card reader (bilingual) Welcome spring with a fresh start and experience a rejuvenating Reiki session. Reiki Master/instructor and Tarot card reader/clairvoyant. I provide ½ hour or 1 hour sessions. Available Friday nights from 6 till 9, please feel free to contact the store or email jureiki@ hotmail.com for an appointment or walk-in.
Christina Hearns Christina, the owner of Namaste My Friends, is at Planet Botanix every Thursday from 10-6. She is an intuitive advisor and specializes in what she calls a GIB (Guided Insights & Balancing) process. Some of her tools are reiki, chakra reading and crystal healing. She is also a yoga instructor and teaches Chill Out yoga. nmfyoga@ gmail.com or call 613-986-4648 Enrique Astorga RMT BA Healing and Restoration, Massage Therapy, Energy healing and Tarot readings. An intuitive facilitator, Enrique integrates a wide variety of techniques into his treatments in order to trigger the body’s subtle energies and self-healing mechanisms into action. Each session is as unique as the person. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 11- 6 pm
Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.Ac, R.TCMP (Acupuncturist and Herbalist) Trained in the art of classical Chinese medicine, Tracey applies her modality to address not only symptoms, but also the root cause of issues so that you can move on to a healthier you! Treatments are customized to your individual patterns. Specialties include pain, women’s health, autoimmune, respiratory, digestive and mental health. Visit www.tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more info.
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact email@example.com SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or email@example.com. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. FRIENDS OF JUNG OTTAWA: present / appreciate / share ideas of C.G. Jung. Monthly, 2nd Saturday, 2 pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see https://friendsjungottawa.wordpress.com
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
& Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor, Destiny Card Readings. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE: naturopathic doctor, healing groups, weekly meditation, nature programs, retreats, natural products, workshop and therapy spaces in beautiful nature 35 min NW of Ottawa. www.ecowellness.com, 613-839-1198
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting AMBITION ACCOUNTING – Bilingual Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CGA) with over 14 years of experience, providing bookkeeping, cash management, financial reporting and advice, budgeting and forecasting as well as strategic planning. Contact Jonathan at (613) 620-9965. www.AmbitionAccounting.ca IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China
THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Consistent, accurate, clinical results; food, supplements.
• Archetypal Energies USING ENERGIES BEHIND 2 DIMENSIONAL SYMBOLS...runes and much more...for growth & development. Group & individual sessions. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 email@example.com
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
DIRECTORY • Ascension Healing
• Bed & Breakfast
NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com ASTROADVICE.CA – Enjoy Free Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Astrology Horoscopes. Order Your Personalized Reading and Get Your Questions Answered. Visit AstroAdvice.ca
• Aura Photography
Full body & chakra AURA PHOTOGRAPHY & Energy Clearing. Call: 613-699-7238 or click www.ReikiWithSusan.ca
SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613415-1139 firstname.lastname@example.org
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
IN RENOVATED CHURCH with attached Spa: Use of Hot tubs, Cold Tub, FAR Infrared & Finnish Saunas included in B&B price. Massage/Reiki available. Lanark: 613-2599988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist firstname.lastname@example.org or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, email@example.com or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Bette@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-722-4249. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 email@example.com
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chinese Medicine FOR A MORE YOUTHFUL AND BEAUTIFUL YOU. Using acupuncture and the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, this relaxing and comfortable treatment lifts and tones facial muscles, reduces sagging, puffy skin, reduces wrinkles and lines, under eye circles, broken capillaries, gives and natural healthy glow by keeping the body healthy from the inside out. Also experience better overall health, improved energy, calmer mood and a feeling of well-being. Kecia Lee R.Ac 613-282-6217
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you
DIRECTORY require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: email@example.com
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538
ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com
ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www. healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow.com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe,supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org Cecilia Taiana Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT At the CSNSD we offer you success as a Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner, a Certified Personal Reiki Practitioner, an Intuitive Counselor or Energy Therapist. You can even become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist. Also gain hours towards your A.N.N. membership through us! Have a look and Re-Ignite Your Life! www.canadiannaturotherapies.com 819-328-9128
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
DIRECTORY ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com.
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | Online Crystal Store and Retail Location | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | 2-Yr CrystalShamanic Certificate Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 613-470-1888 karen@ ascensionhealing.ca | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dance BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification IONCLEANSE FOOT BATH with support for the ongoing process of detoxing. $40.00 (incl HST) Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com
CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781.
OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886
LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com
AVALON ENERGY HEALING offers empowering and therapeutic in-person and distance sessions using Reiki, Integrated Energy Therapy (IET), Therapeutic Touch, Pranic Healing. Workshops for IET Certification Training: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced Levels. Contact Lori Ann (IET Master-Instructor) at www.avalonenergyhealing.com or 613-869-4859. ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166 RELEASE THE PHYSICAL, mental & emotional root blocks/stresses/traumas. Regenerate, accelerate physical healing, get guidance from your spirit guides and more… To experience a unique energy healing session with Monica please Email to contact@ monicadumont.com or call 613-864-4724 www.monicadumont.com
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
DIRECTORY • Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Screen for toxic metals & nutritional deficiencies. HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com.
MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - firstname.lastname@example.org www.kaivalya.ca
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recordingGrace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-4227027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 email@example.com. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available.
parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636.
BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten
AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
DIRECTORY • Intuitive Energy Counselling I
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
NTUITIVE ENERGY THERAPY & TRAININGS. Happiness and Health are yours! I invite you to www.intuitivelight.com for further information. Cheryl Driskell 819-328-9128
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367 MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. OTTAWA SHIATSU. Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415. www.ottawashiatsu.com HERBAL MASSAGE Lætitia Béguin RMT, ND, herbologist. Pain, nervous system, skin disorder. 39 Dalhousie, Aylmer www.herbesspa.ca. (819) 332-4048
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or email@example.com or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra
DIRECTORY awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com BRIDGE THE MEDITATIVE PROCESS with daily living using tools & techniques.Nancy 613-596.0260 email@example.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Vanier WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://bit.ly/TwinHearts MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Weekly mindfulness practice, discussion & tea.
• Metabolic Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Monitor your health with saliva & urine analysis.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• Nature Programs CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Ridgewoods preschool; summer & PD day camps
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Dr. Marcin Padlewski N.D. general practice; monthly patient groups with Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. Hair analysis, food & supplement testing, metabolic test.
• Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Organic Bedding CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Volunteer opportunities & share produce
• Organic Gardening CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression TAKE A JOURNEY and heal energy blocks at a soul level. To book your session with Monica please Email to email@example.com or call 613-864-4724. www.monicadumont.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at email@example.com or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing.
DIRECTORY For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com GREAT FOR STRESS, relaxation and general well-being. $40.00 Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
CATHERINE BASTEDO, HOLOGRAPHIC-USUI & KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, RT-CRA, ICRT. Personalized classes in English or French; Reiki Master/ Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Spiritual Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com 819-918-3436. email@example.com
MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Bodycentered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Reiki Master. 1 hour Circa 1894 Day Spa visit included in treatment price. Lanark. 613-259-9988. Circa1894.ca
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with email@example.com
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Supervised or selfdirected retreats in beautiful countryside, yurt, cabin or tents.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Schools ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Yr Crystal-Shamanic Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | EOV (Extra Ocular Vision) | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s School of Remembering & more… 613-470-1888 | email@example.com www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Certificate Crystal Shamanic-Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient Arts | 613-470-1888 | karen@ ascensionhealing.cawww.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. email@example.com or 613-355-1832
DIRECTORY • Shiatsu OTTAWA SHIATSU Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415 www.ottawashiatsu.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
HOT TUBS, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas & more. By the hour, ½ day or day. Massage/ Reiki/B&B attached. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, email@example.com, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. email@example.com
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thai Massage
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, email@example.com, 613-236-5758. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; email@example.com; www.revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com
LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St. 613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at email@example.com or www.lorirmt.ca
MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Thermography Breast Imaging CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Theta Healing DO YOU WONDER IF THINGS ARE EVER GOING TO LIGHTEN UP... or if anyone can help? Experienced, compassionate, intuitive, adept at clearing the way. Several methods tailored to your situation and needs. 45-minute appointments; central, phone sessions. Lynda Anderson email@example.com
• Wholistic Dentist
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www. spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact email@example.com
This is AmAzING!#!!
SPIN CITY FrEE StYLe CycLIng@!!@@@
203 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON Tel: 613-789-7746
nly a professional knows what to do when you are flying an airplane. Only a professional knows what to look for when you are in the middle of a search for a body. If your body is searching for something new and exciting, and thrilling, and almost well, strangely addictive, it’s here! It’s here! It’s right here in downtown Ottawa. I am taught something different every day. Free style! I am told I must book my seat or my seat might go away. It disappeared once. It did. One day my seat disappeared. My seat at Spin City was taken by someone else. That was when I knew. It’s ok to change. So I did. I changed full cycle, free style training effect. I changed from hysterical screaming and laughing to screaming, yelling, grimacing and wiping sweat off my arms, face and torso on a different bike… Hey! It’s actually fun!@@!! And a big towel and shoes and a gasp!@!! Locker with a lock?! All for one low fee? Joke’s on me. This is amazing!! I knew it!@@ Louis Garneau customized bikes with Spin City colors now arriving daily. Louis Garneau hot colour shoes… new bottles, new everything!! And eight, count them, eight instructors!@@!! Twenty six bikes! Reunited with my heart rate monitor, my Fitbit, my workout hits. It’s party time!!@ And it’s only getting better, better and better… Thanks Seb and Ian!@@! Oh, I forgot, there is a sun tanning bar with a great view! Wow, I’m impressed. This is way too cool but I wanted to be the first one to let you in on the hottest cycling trend in Ottawa! EXTREME Free Style Cycling! Hey, get fit…get Spin City fit!! Get the newest, hottest trendiest workout!
DIRECTORY con’t... • Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613-271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
Spring is Here at PL!!
Sonja The Wild Man Cycling Coach 613-795-4583
PL Precept # 1 Life is Art
Welcome March, anticipate a new season. We are revving up our gathering of treasures in preparation of our Garage Sale, along with the Funky Monkey Boutique. Please if you have items to contribute, we welcome them. Let's make this one of our best treasure hunts ever. (June 17th) As always, you are welcome to attend our Thanksgiving Service on the 21st of the month. Start time is 7:pm. Share in the social after service, tea, coffee, Japanese Curry on rice. Yum! PL Church, 1010 Hunt Club Rd • 613-225-1850 Rev Eugene – Sr. Minister Dymoon (Hokyoshi) firstname.lastname@example.org
5 of the Most Powerful Hypnosis Principles to Attract Your Ideal Lover By Luke Michael Howard Ph.D Clinical Hypnotist www.LUKEnosis.com
’m going to share with you the most powerful hypnosis and Law of Attraction principles that will bring your ideal lover into your life. 1. Imagine what your ideal lover would look like. How tall are they? How much do they weigh? What is their hair colour? What is their eye colour? What’s their shoe size? How do they dress? What’s their style? Start to get a clear picture of whom you want to attract. 2. What values, virtues, and beliefs do they have? Physical beauty is great but it isn’t enough for a successful relationship. You need more. You need to connect emotionally. Ask yourself what values does my ideal love have? What do they believe about the world? What is important to them? Dig really deep here. 3. Write it all down! Write all of the characteristics and all of the metrics. Then stick it on your bathroom mirror so you can see it every day. 4. Read the list and visualize your ideal lover each and every day. Read it when you wake up every morning and then again just before you go to sleep. This is when your unconscious mind is the most impressionable. Your unconscious mind will work on it as you sleep without your conscious mind interfering. You do not
want your conscious mind to “try” to make it happen. This will only causes more suffering! 5. Record it on your phone or dictaphone. Record what your ideal love looks like, sounds like, and most importantly feels like. Listen to your narrative every day. This is your chance to create a new story of how you want your love life to be; not what it currently is. Bonus point... 6. Let it go! Get the hell out of the universe’s way and allow it deliver what you’ve asked for! Trust yourself and trust the universe. Let go and expect it to happen. You may just surprise yourself with what can happen to your love life within the next month. Luke Michael Howard PhD is a Clinical Hypnotist and owner of http://www.lukenosis.com Hypnosis in the West end of Ottawa. He has been a Clinical Hypnotist for almost 2 decades. He solves problems that people believe are unsolvable. He fixes people who believe they’re unfixable. He’s worked for governments and he’s worked for armies. But he also works with those who have fallen through the cracks, those that have nowhere else to turn and feel they’re at their last resort. His mission is to prove that no one is beyond help. He has a particular set of skills. These skills make him a nightmare for your problems. He specializes in helping people quit smoking, lose weight, overcome anxiety, and alleviate pain. If you have a problem that you›ve been told is unfixable. And you›ve lost all hope, come find Luke. He can fix you.
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
Third Annual Reiki Conference Enriching Me and My Reiki Community
ark your calendars and get ready for an AMAZING day on Sunday April 30, 2017 our Third Annual Reiki Conference – Enriching Me and My Reiki Community. All participants from last year agree-- they would absolutely refer their friends and colleagues to this event. We will be returning to the Long Island Conference Centre, 415 Nicholls Island Road on Manotick, Ontario. This beautiful facility was thoroughly enjoyed by our participants and many took the time to comment on the serenity and peace it offered. Also returning, our incredible caterer Sucre Sale who will tempt us with his delicious creations.
Save 15% off our regular price by registering early through https://www.snapuptickets.com/events/detail/reikiconference-enriching-me-and-my-reiki-community-2017 Use the code “Early Bird” until March 31st. For complete details, view the agenda, speaker profiles and vendors visit www.reikiassociates.com or on Facebook It is go be an AMAZING DAY! We look forward to meeting old friends, making new ones and furthering our Reiki journeys. Call us if you have any questions, Denise Carpenter 613-913-2803 or Brenda Pichette 613-408-7777
Why we do what we do? Over the years a wonderful group of practitioners have come together to improve the health and wellbeing of their clients, family, friends, communities and our beautiful planet. All participated and evolved because they care deeply about raising the profile of the practice of Reiki and alternative health options. We are now celebrating the third year this conference.
Our goals for this Day • To offer all participants a day to enrich themselves. • Increase your knowledge and understanding of complimentary healing approaches to enhance you and your Reiki practice • Gain new insights to incorporate Reiki into your world. • To gather and network with people who are curious about, and honor ENERGY.
OUR LINE-UP Dave Teed and Jean Wilmot - Relational Clearing Angelika Niedling - Giving Birth to a New Integrated Self Tristine Brine - Be Humble, for you are made of Earth. Be Noble, for you are made of Stars. Jacynthe Villemarie - Enlightened Business Planning: When Entrepreneurship Meets Divine Co-Creation Pete Bernard, Algonquin Medicine Man – Gravity Denise Carpenter – Group Reiki Treatment Christina Bendevis - Music Susan Alexander Kumar - Yoga Breaks How to participate Reiki training is not necessary for you to experience and benefit from this full day of discovery and exploration.
The Power of Prayer There’s no problem that God can’t solve. Prayer is the answer because through prayer we realize God, and realizing God, there is no longer any problem. Hi, my name is Pam. My email is email@example.com • Contact me to meet • We will pray together • Pay me when you realize God, when the problem is solved • Pay what you think is the right amount for the freedom you receive
ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
The Power of the Decision
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC ave you ever noticed what happens when you finally “decide” to move forward with your decision? It’s like there is a sudden rush of energy that carries you forward, a new-found freedom, a feeling of liberation! I find it fascinating when this happen because, as humans, we are constantly faced with the need to make decisions. Unfortunately, we often get stuck in our indecisions which can have a negative impact on all areas of our lives. I would encourage you to take a moment and do an inventory of items that need to be addressed in these life arenas: Finances, Health and Wellness, Relationships, Career and Work, Social and Leisure, Personal Development and Spirituality. Is it the need to start putting money away for your retirement, is it the need to start taking better care of yourself, do you need to mend a broken relationship with someone or is it the time to apply for that new position at work? Regardless of which area of your life needs attention, deciding to address this issue will have a profound impact on you. The act of making that decision will help you reclaim your power which was lost to you. The Universe sees that and suddenly things start to go your way. The right people will show up in your life to help you along, that promotion you were looking for will happen, etc., etc., etc. Learn to pay attention to your feelings and take notice when you are on the fence about something. Unlock your personal power by standing firm and making your decisions. Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation.
H ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Dolphin Dentistry Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Inviting you to come and enjoy
A Fun, Experiential Workshop Exploring Various Healing Modalities Saturday June 10, 2017 in Ottawa
e are very excited to announce our third Open Mind workshop presented by three highly respected masters in their respective fields of energy and healing to be held at Kitchissippi United Church, 630 Island Park Drive in Ottawa On June 10,2017 We will be introducing different modalities to the public so that people who need help or who want to learn more, will have more options with which they can make better-informed choices and decisions. During this one day gathering, you will have a chance to experience, participate and ask questions. We are pleased to introduce the following presenters. Learn more and contact them through their websites.
In this workshop, Ann will talk about Spiritual Nutrition and the higher calling for self nourishment. You will experience a guided meditation to ignite the nourishment response within. Website: thenourishedsoul.ca Angelika Niedling, CHTP - IET Master Instructor Trainer, Past Life Regression Therapist, and Healing Touch Practitioner creates a space of love and compassion as she assists her clients to recapture all the aspects of their soul that they have lost through trauma or abuse. Angelika guides her clients to easily release old beliefs and programming that keeps them stuck from living their true purpose in life and helps them give birth to a new Integrated Self. In this workshop, Angelika will talk about “Living in the Frequencies of Love” and you will experience a meditation where you will hear the songs of your soul and connect with your inner essence and your soul’s purpose. Website: www.simplyangelika.com
Sifu James Foo ,Qi-Matic Qigong Founder and Qigong Master ,was born with ability to see energy flow and a scientific mind, he is constantly finding out simple yet effective ways to do healing on oneself or others. He has helped a lot of people to find out the true cause of their challenges and healing professionals to improve their abilities. His most recent work is on the Conscious and Subconscious mind and how to connect to our higher self. In this workshop, he will show you how to use specific Frequencies of the Conscious and Subconscious Mind to do Healing . You will experience SuperConsciousness Healing. Website: www.jamesfoo.ca Ann Jarvis, Holistic Nutritionist and Energy Healer, after having had a chronic digestive,autoimmune illness for nearly 20 years she completely healed her “incurable” disease and now lives with incredible health, vitality and joy. Ann works with people to uncover the energetic, emotional and physical roots of illness and is able to view the body and emotions through an intuitive lens. Ann loves to help people connect with their deepest vitality and highest joy. This is what we are here for.
The Evolutionary Method Mastery Program: A Three Month Program To Radically Shift The Way Your Body-Mind Functions “All disease begins in the gut.” - Hippocrates
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
Come and enjoy a day of learning and experiencing to empower yourself. Bring your family, friends and anyone you think may benefit. We are keeping admission price low to make it more accessible. We will convene at 9:am and conclude at 5pm. There will be breaks, and lunchtime for which you can make your own arrangements. The fee for the whole day is $55 before May 12 ,2017; $70 at the door. There is free parking. (To access the site, turn on Island Park Drive at a small road called Bying Drive.) To register, contact Angela Fung at afung46@hotmail. com or 613 762 8893. Please send your payment to Angela Fung at 49 Rita Ave. Ottawa, ON, K2G 2G7. Or e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Private consultations with presenters will be available on June 11 ,2017 at The International Academy of Health Education, 380 Forest Street. To book appointment,please contact Angela Fung at afung46@ hotmail.com By Angela Fung retired R.N., B.A.Psychology,Qigong and Bowen Practitioner. Ottawa coordinator of Sifu James and Qi-Matic Research Centre.
After having had a chronic, digestive, autoimmune illness for nearly 20 years, I completely healed my “incurable” disease and am now living with incredible health, vitality and joy. I have found what works and what doesn’t; what the body and mind need to heal and what prevents that healing. This program is like a fire starter that, with your commitment, can completely change the way your body functions. In this program, we draw upon the wisdom of Evolutionary (ancestral) Diet, movement and socialization in order to get your body back to a state of vibrant health and wholeness. This Personal, One on One Program Is Right For You If: • You’ve had persistent digestive issues (bloating, diarrhea, constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, unexplained or hard to get rid of belly fat, ADHD, chronic skin issues (eczema, acne, psoriasis), ear infections, Autoimmune Disorders) • You want to see what the body is capable of doing when you give it the proper tools, diet and nourishment • You want to help your body at the root of the dysfunction, rather than suppress your symptoms This program requires a 3 month commitment from you. It requires you to be open to finding out what emotional triggers you are still dealing with (by which your body has been compensating through illness or discomfort). It allows you to see exactly what your ideal diet looks like and what your body needs to be properly nourished. Specifically, during the 3 months you will learn and receive: • Exactly what foods are helping your belly and which foods are hurting your belly • A bio-individual diet and meal plan that allows you to shop and prepare amazing meals that will finally nourish your body and mind • Discover what your cravings mean and how to see them from a different perspective so you can heal them • A detoxification program to eliminate the burden of heavy metals and environmental toxicity • Learn about the importance of ancestral movement and find out what kinds of movement best suits your body type • How your past traumas and wounds may still be playing a role in your body and how to let them go Our work together incorporates nutritional and energetic strategies for the whole body-mind. Powerful energetic techniques can help to heal old traumas and wounds that are still hindering your physical and emotional freedom. Testimonial from Sandra S. ~ Ottawa, ON “Ann is exceptionally tuned in, and connects immediately at a soul-to-soul level. Her soul light is so bright that I experienced a delightful, joyful feeling of ‘coming home’ when I first spoke with her on the phone. Ann is one of those rare beings that emanates a clear and pure, joyful and life-affirming energy. A gifted healer, body intuitive, and seer, Ann somehow perfectly balances her encyclopedic knowledge of the body and its energy systems, food, nutrition, and supplements (and so much more!), with her deep ageless wisdom and intuitive knowing. The result is a very effective structure and process for guiding the healing journey. I signed up for Ann’s ‘Three Month Program to Radically Shift The Way Your Body-Mind Functions’. Every single session was memorable as Ann adeptly, skillfully, and heart-fully guided me on my journey back to wholeness and health once again. Thanks to Ann, I am healthy once again.” For more information about The Evolutionary Method Mastery Program, please contact Ann Jarvis at (613) 218-6899 or go to: http://www.thenourishedsoul.ca for more info
Through Shaking to Savasana by Stewart
Wishingtree Yoga – Simply Yoga
Rupa (Ivy) Meditation Hatha Yoga Yin Yoga Kirtan
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
March 11-12 ~ Ottawa (Almonte) March 18-19 ~ Peterborough Windsor ~ April 8-9 Sudbury ~ April 29-30
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at email@example.com, 905 655-6756 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
Who would think www.wishingtreeyoga.ca that “out of control” shaking is good for us? The Kalahari bushmen of South Africa know this is so. The bushmen and women of the Kalahari (see Bradford Keeney) continue to this day a shaking healing tradition that dates back thousands of years. Qigong masters know this is so. There is a qigong practice called “shaking the tree” that literally allows one to shake to the core (see Kim Eng - shaking practice). The Quakers and Shakers knew this is so. Quakers and Shakers, danced, quaked and shaked in ecstatic union with the Divine (see Bradford Keeney). The providers of TRE (Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises) know this is so. Military personnel and others dealing with trauma are finding relief through TRE (see David Berceli). Animals, after experiencing trauma know this to be so. Prey animals, after the chase and escape will tremor (see Peter A. Levine). Personally, I have recently found relief from an essential tremor I’ve had in my hands since my early twenties. Activation of the natural tremor mechanism in the body through TRE releases tension and trauma that has been stored in the body for who knows how long. It works on fascia, from the inside out. It takes care of the body. TRE are “bottom-up” much like yoga postures that focus on the body. In any case, whether you’re shaking the night away on the dance floor, quaking and shaking to connect to Divine Presence, shaking it off naturally to release chronic tension and trauma in the body, when the ‘shaking all over” is over give yourself lots of time to experience the state of savasana in deep relaxation. Likened to “after the sound there is silence,” after the shake there is savasana. This is where the healing takes place. Om Shanti. Stewart is a Yoga teacher and TRE practitioner, and leads Sound Meditations and Kirtan at Wishingtree Yoga. Stewart and Rupa (Ivy) are co-founders of
AWARENESS Channelled by Lisa Virtue
nto your heart, feel the presence of the Divine within. Know that you are one with the eternal. This comes oft times in waves, waves of peace, of balance, or of blessed joy. Feel the waves wash through you… an internal, eternal voice, speaking to you in a manner felt by your essence, by your being. Know that God communes with you daily, eternally. You are not one without such a God. For the God we speak of here is simply the Divine presence of us all, one being in divided awareness. Let your own awareness reside for a time within the peaceful still between thoughts. Recognize that while this may seem a fleeting place, it does exist. There is existence when no thoughts are present. What this peace, this stillness represents is the noncreational aspect of self, the part of self that is released to awareness. Find this place and you reach the eternity of self, of all. In the still you find release of attachment, of will, of dominance in you world. Equanimity. You find your grace. It is here where our natural self is best perceived. It is here you are no longer bound by the frenetic, chaotic, dream world in which you have found your attention most of the time. From here, expansion is possible. From here you grow. Grow in awareness of self, of creation, of what is and yet, what truly is not. Life is a mystery to many… the purpose of each soul, the striving for truth, for rightness, for balance, to become whole. Yet what if you were revealed as the creator of all? How your limited awareness stems from the desire of the Whole for diversity? For knowledge,
Wishingtree Yoga. Rupa has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom. Her living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. The experience will let you understand this amazing scientific knowledge and give you practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat! Welcome to attend meditation, Yoga classes and Kirtan at Wishingtree Yoga. For more information, visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Energy Healer & Divine Channel Live your authentic life. 613.296.4271
LISA VIRTUE www.LisaVirtue.com
understanding and collective experiencing of what is possible, what can be? Have you imagined yourself as the inventor of all things? Yet in a sense it is so. Allow your awareness now to rest on an idea, the idea of all being aware and then choosing bliss. Choosing sentience of form. Meaning the thought creations project no longer a sense of discontinuity, but an awareness of conscious, sentient, Divine intelligence. Yet more than intelligence, heart. Love. Peacefulness. What if awareness was only the mechanism by which you revealed yourself, your true nature, to you? Could you fathom the depths that this cosmic, Divine intelligence could go to show you the vastness of your own being, magnificence and pure divinity? You are nothing less than “a child of God”, for it is only a separation of focus that brings you into a sense of being different than “The One”. Trust now in the instinct, the Divine within you that leads you into your stillness, into your peace, and hold not the thought of separateness as prominent. It is not. Wholeness is what is. Allow your interludes of stillness between thoughts to anchor you in the knowing of your essence. Be at one in your stillness dear Ones. For we are all experiencing together, as one, through eternity. With all the love that exists, as part of you, delivered to you, that you many know and feel You, Consciousness. Lisa Virtue is a channel and healer who aids the transformation of souls into their own Divine-self awareness. Accomplished through channellings, energy work and deep inner revealing, she facilitates your own self-awareness beyond the scope of day-today illusory challenges. For her guidance or facilitation, please call 613-296-4271 or email Lisa@LisaVirtue.com www.LisaVirtue.com
OPEN HOUSE Relax, Enjoy Refreshments & Attend Complimentary Lectures
SATURDAY MAY 13, 2017 9am - 5pm
Emerald Plaza, 1547 Merivale Rd, suite 430, Nepean ON (Main Intersection - Merivale Road & Meadowlands Dr.)
IHNâ€™s Diploma Program Overview in Applied Holistic Nutrition Courses, Certification, Faculty, Admission Requirements, & Campus Culture With Campus Manager & Program Advisor Joshua Fujimagari HBBA
Nutrition & The Environment: GMO Foods: Problems and Solutions With Breanne Gibson MSc., DHN (Hon.), NNCP
Advanced Nutritional Symptomatology: Optimal Digestion through Nutrition With Dr. Joel Villeneuve BSc., ND
Psychology of Disease: The Language of Stress: Problems and Solutions With Deborra Cameron RN
Info on Course / Curriculum & Career Opportunities I Natural Health Exhibit & Holistic Food Samples I Book Sale I Win Door Prizes
A Course in Miracles Complete and Annotated Edition The Circle of Atonement is pleased to announce this new edition of A Course in Miracles. The Complete and Annotated Edition (CE) is based on the original handwritten notes and includes close to 45,000 words of unpublished material that was edited out of earlier editions. This material clearly establishes this spiritual masterpiece as a course in miracle working. Through the CE, you will not only experience the teachings in the more personal way in which they were intended, but you will also find your understanding enriched by introductory material, extensive footnotes that clarify challenging passages, and 33 cameo essays featuring guidance on how to apply the teachings in everyday life. An important milestone in the history of A Course in Miracles, this new edition will be a truly valuable resource for Course students for generations to come, as well as an important starting point for newcomers. For more information and to order your copy, contact Mary Anne Buchowski at Course Oasis (a registered charitable organization and Ottawa satellite of the Circle of Atonement) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Sale ZYTO ELITE HEALTH ASSESSMENT device for sale…Fully updated and new. Asking $8K. Paid $12K USD. Email: email@example.com or call 613.697.0140 www.Zyto.com for more info about device.
• For Rent FURNISHED, BRIGHT, SPACIOUS BEDROOM in a 2 bedroom house. Ideal for student or contract professinal. Bright, furnished, room in lower level with male/ female professional couple. (Male stays once or twice per week). All-iclusive rent includes wifi and utilities. Cable and home phone are negotiable. Walk-in closet, shelving. Own fridge, own freezer. Near General Hospital. 15-20 min bus ride to main campus U of O (86 route). Elmvale Mall, Bus Stn, Metro, Loblaws. Along 114 route. Non-smoking, respectful, mature, must be cat-friendly (1 have two of them). Female preferred. Parking $30 extra. $250 down payment. Please email me with any questions and info about yourself. Negotiable time-frame. Modest 2 bedroom row-house with a Country-feel and back yard. Gandhteam@yahoo.ca
Start Living Well New Spiritual cards and gifts… Quantum Touch, Reiki, Reflexology Iridology, Acupressure, NLP and more... Call 613-226-1129 Quantum Touch Workshops www.startlivingwell.net
Ottawa Religious Society of Friends (Quaker) Meeting for Worship Sunday mornings 10:30, at 91A Fourth Ave. in the Glebe. Children’s program and Nursery are available. Everyone is welcome! www.ottawa.quaker.ca
March 2017 Tone mailing address: 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1