January 2018 ~ NEW YEAR, NEW YOU! January 2018, Vol. 33, #5, Priceless
M a g azine A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 32 years
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, RRC, CRC he dark days of winter can be very challenging for many. We tend to spend more time indoors trying our best to stay away from the cold. That is fine but why not turn this period into a productive time for you? I for one will spend some time in December making plans for the coming year. These plans will cover all aspects of my life like Finances, Health and Wellness, Relationships, Career, Personal Development and Spirituality. I will also spend time in January, just a few weeks after, checking in to see if the items that I had put on my action list are truly the ones that I want or even need to pursue in the new year. I find this exercise truly beneficial because I get to revisit my action list and confirm that these are the things I want to tackle going forward. Many years ago, when I did not do this second revision, I would find myself “drifting” away from my goals. This meant that by the summer, I would sit down and work on a new set of goals having completely left my original ones behind. Needless to say, many aspects of my life were not running smoothly as I was continually jumping from one “good idea” to another. I write a lot about goal setting and the various ways to help you achieve these. Set yourself some short-term goals, that is, things that you want to achieve within the next 3-6 months. Do the same for goals that will take 6 to 18 months to get done. Then outline longer term
Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
goals that you want to achieve in 3 to 5 years from now. As you progress forward, keep checking in to make sure that you are on track and that these items are still relevant for you now. And most of all, celebrate your victories and accomplishments along the way! Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. Published 11 months/year. Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner. Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Quantum-Touch Therapy: New Year!!! New You!!!
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
Offering Updated model for the first time
Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch® Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Law of Attraction and Empathic Life Coach, Certified Facilitator, Open Space Technology, and Small Group Processes
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
s we approach each new year, we begin to ponder what we might want to be doing differently and increasingly inspirational. Sometimes this takes place as an exercise program, a new eating regime, or simply a new way of looking at life. However, life and people being what we are, this new plan is often short lived as those pressures of society and those close to us, bring us back to the status quo, and we just slide back into those old patterns.. It is so much easier to continue on the path with which we are familiar. However, there are new tools that can help with these changes, and I offer Quantum-Touch therapy as well as Law of Attraction coaching that can help these changes to be fully defined, understood, and enable us to maintain our intention to make changes in our everyday lives. These are the gifts that enhance life, providing for us increased energy, greater inspiration, the encouragement and support to stay the path until we have reached our goals. Generally, we just keep on expanding those goals and begin to experience a life we could never have imagined just a few short weeks ago. I witness those who, because of pain in their bodies, have been reducing their activities and aspirations, totally changing their lives, with little or no pain, and begin to live in a way that previously was not believed possible. Every day I see clients increasing their flexibility with more fluidity and higher expectations than they have ever even considered. And this is not a function of age. Many of my clients have already lived on the planet for 60 or more years, and they are finding an entirely new idea of what they considered life could be. And they are doing this with great joy, comfort, and a renewed sense of high aspirations, expectations and plans for what the future can be
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
Let’s move into 2018 with these high levels of inspired confidence and wellbeing preparing to feel as you may have felt in your teens, when there was no reason to believe anything can stand in your way. You will have the skills and the physical and emotional energy to take you there. Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen is certified as an Open Space Technology facilitator, and a facilitator of small groups. She offers workshops in other energy work, including Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® therapy. Aileen is now in the process of becoming a Law of Attraction Coach. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, at 613-795-3751, and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, at aileen@ aileensoasis.com, or you can check out her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www. wellnessunlimited.ca and the Quantum-Touch website at www.quantumtouch.com
Water Universe VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT
1230 Wellington, Ottawa, ON 613-729-5973
Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: email@example.com
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
A Mystical Tour Across Southern Spain str e
Jews from the Inquisition and extermination by funding Columbus’s exploratory voyage to North America. In one day, in 1391, four thousand Jews were slaughtered in the Jewish Quarter of Seville. I ecently, I travelled through could feel the strong undercurrent Madrid, Toledo, Cordoba, of violence and fierce anger in the s s llnes e Seville, Granada, Ronda, Barcelona, tradition of the bullfight, in the w Montserrat, Girona, Figueres and sharp clicking of heels in Flamenco smokin frui Besula on a mystical, cultural, dancing, and in the harsh response architectural and historic immersion to the cry for independence from xie into southern Spain. Much of the people of Catalonia. Barcelona ty self my journey was with 40 other and Girona are the centres of m -estee participants on a trip organized by the resistance against the central t weigh the New York C.G. Jung Centre. I government in Madrid. was often overwhelmed by the very Another overwhelming aspect COUNSELLING, COACHING deep differences between Spanish of this mystical journey was the culture and beliefs and those of North & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE abundance of art in the form of Richard M. Haney America. I was very impressed by paintings, sculptures, landscaping Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist the feeling of community in many and architecture. The beauty of city squares and village parks. For (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 the Alhambra in Granada and the Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. example, the main thoroughfare in Moorish mosque in Cordoba took Barcelona, Las Ramblas, was like a www.ottawahypnosis.com my breathe away. Gaudi’s buildings www.ottawacounselling.com sea of humanity surging in random throughout Barcelona were just plain poetic motion. In the smaller surreal. Salvador Dali’s Museum in medieval towns, the alleyways and doorways seemed Figueres was beyond bizarre. The Benedictine Abbey of to contain within their walls the shadows and echoes Montserrat, high up on a mountain top in the Pyrenees of past generations. In a traditional tapas bar in Triana, region of Catalonia, was the most Sacred site that I Seville, I experienced what the original stand-up meal have visited in my many years of travelling all over the for common folks has been like for a few hundred years. western world. The museum there contains works by Community spirit and communal eating were at their Caravaggio, Monet, Degas and Picasso. peak. In Ronda, my favorite town, the Hotel Enfrente If you are planning to go to this part of the world, I Arte was the warmest, communitarian lodging I have would be happy to share with you some ideas/tips on ever experienced. spiritual places and cultural activities. Spain, and southern Spain in particular, was ruled consecutively by the Romans, the Visigoths, the Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling Moors (for 800 years), and the Catholic monarchs, and Mediation). Richard has been Isabel and Ferdinand. One of the most important practicing Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, facts I uncovered was that, in 1492, it was not Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 Isabel and Ferdinand who funded the voyage of years in Ottawa. Contact Richard: (613) 234Christopher Columbus. It was a wealthy Jewish 5678 firstname.lastname@example.org merchant in Seville who was trying to save the
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2017 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com email@example.com
Develop the Ability to Reach Your Goals
s we step into 2018 – are you looking at reaching goals and creating new levels of success? The ability to control yourself may just be the most important skill you can have!! You probably already know how to get in great shape, eat properly, find a better-paying job, and succeed in a lot of other ways. The problem is, you may not be doing those things. What you lack is enough discipline. Discipline allows you to use what you know. Without it, you’re just a dusty library of information.
Develop the discipline necessary to excel in life with these strategies: 1. Rest is important. Fatigue is a killer of discipline. Have you ever noticed that your discipline is weakest at night? That’s when you’re more likely to waste time. You’re more likely to eat poorly. You’re more likely to send an ill-advised text message to your ex. If you have a task to complete that requires discipline, schedule it when your energy is at its peak. 2. Exercise. Exercise isn’t just good for you, it’s good for the development of discipline. Exercising regularly is challenging both physically and mentally. It’s not easy to get yourself to exercise every day. The slight physical discomfort also requires discipline to endure. You also have the benefit of enhancing your health at the same time. 3. Get organized. Getting and staying organized is another gentle way to build your discipline. Start with just one part of your home. Declutter and clean. Then move on to another part of the house. Clutter also saps your discipline and willpower. 4. Meditate daily. From a distance, meditation looks easy. After all, how hard can it be to just sit there and focus on your breathing, right? Meditation teaches focus and the ability to be resilient when you’re emotionally and physically uncomfortable.
Indian Head Massage For Women or Children Carve out well-deserved “me time” Enjoy relaxation with possible health benefits
Self-control is the key to making progress. You already know enough. Sometimes, gathering more information is just an excuse to stall. Take the knowledge you already have and put it to work. Learn to do things you don’t necessarily feel like doing. The alternative is to live an unfulfilling life. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call
By appointment only, Marie Smith, B.A. B.Ed. Certified Practitioner, IHM @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
It is my hope for you that you will find the steppingstones that lead you to a greater awakening in 2018. There is a science behind your spirituality. Hope you can come and explore this science at the “Stop Spiritual id you ever hear about a book called “As A Bankruptcy” class starting January 21st. Man/Woman Thinketh” by James Allen, one of May all the blessings you need in 2018 be upon you, the pioneers behind the personal/spiritual growth as you need them! movement? Its premise is that thoughts are things and are an energetic force that affects the results Dignity 101.com in your life. Soul Energy Training & Healing The classical Buddhist text called the Dhamapada explores how - if you behave this way, you will get these results and if you STOP SPIRITUAL BANKRUPTCY! behave that way, you will get those results Learn the Language of the Soul & no fire and brimstone, only the study of the Its Vibrational Healing Ways consequences to our actions and choices. 4 classes - including a healing segment in each While studying my Indigenous Native Sunday, January 21 & 28 & February 4 & 11, 2018 Spirit background I discovered that “A 1:00 to 3:00 pm - Orleans Location Course in Miracles” and Indigenous belief have a lot in common. Pre-Registration Required at The Medicine Wheel teaches that life is email@example.com circular but it has many spokes and all things $135.00 converge at the center, the Heart. It feels like by Diane Oliver, Energy Medicine Intuitive life is linear when we are on a spoke, such as high school for example, but when we reach the end of the spoke, we are at crossroads Diane Oliver and need to decide what to do next. Energy Medicine Woman Indigenous teachings encourage the individual to go 613-261-1602 on a spirit quest at that time – which is two-fold – to go firstname.lastname@example.org within to learn to be still in order to connect with Spirit directly. It is a sacred walk that used to be learned by osmosis and example. If the New Year motivates you to redefine yourself, perhaps you would be interested in looking at things Maîtrise du Système Énergétique MD differently? Get answers to your questions such as what does it mean to go within and where do you go? Perhaps your inner life needs an awakening?
Cause & Effect Learning
F O RMAT IO N/ T R AI NI NG S TA R T I N G A U G U S T 2 0 1 8
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 email@example.com 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location 6
Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N. Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 firstname.lastname@example.org January 2018
Aligning Soul, Heart and Mind
By Lynda Chaplin new year brings endless possibilities. It’s a time to reflect on the year gone by, to let go of the past, and to hold a vision for the coming year. A great way to begin the New Year is to set goals that truly align with your values and purpose, and to consider the growth and changes necessary for you to become your best self—to enjoy a healthy, happy and fulfilling life. Aligning your soul, heart, and mind is essential to living a happy and healthy life. While physical alignment will support your body, aligning your mind with your heart and soul is key. How can you tell when your mind, heart and soul are not in alignment? You will feel it as resistance physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and/or energetically. Resistance is the gap between what your mind thinks and what your heart and soul knows. The bigger the gap, means the more out of alignment your mind is with your heart and soul, the more resistance there is. Resistance can show up as sabotaging behaviour like procrastination, non-action, laziness, or restlessness. It can show up emotionally or mentally as irritability, frustration, boredom, doubt, fear, stress, confusion, uncertainty, and more. When resistance shows up you can feel stuck, held back, or the Universe puts up roadblocks by closing doors on you.
Align Soul, Heart & Mind
Imagine your heart and soul in the driver’s seat and your head becomes the passenger. The mind is not the enemy but it is also not the leader. Lead with your heart and soul, and let your mind follow. When you align your head with your heart and soul miracles will be abundant and you will go from hard work to heart and soul work. The practice of aligning soul, heart and mind can help you to cope with the experiences in your life and enable the impact of stress and challenges to be less significant. Identifying the energetic and emotional root cause can help you release blockages and then restore the natural flow of life energy so that deep healing and transformation can occur. Learn how to use Soul Power, chanting, meditation, movement practices, and other tools to bring alignment to heal your body, balance your emotions, calm your mind, relieve stress, transform relationships, and more. There is no better time to start than right now! Lynda Chaplin is a Master Teacher trained by Dr. and Master Sha. Join Master Lynda on January 12-14 at Saint Paul University to learn how to align your soul, heart, and mind to live a happier and healthier life. Contact Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com for more information. Introductory evening Friday, January 12, 7–9 pm • Love offering $10
Weekend Workshop Saturday & Sunday, January 13 & 14, 10 am–5 pm Honour fee: $65 for one day; $95 for both days Aligning soul, heart and mind is essential to live a happy and healthy life. While physical alignment will support your body, aligning your mind with your heart and soul is key. How can you tell when you are not in alignment? You will feel it as an imbalance or blockage physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually and/or energetically. Learn how to use Soul Power, chanting, meditation, and movement practices to bring alignment to heal your body, balance your emotions, calm your mind, relieve stress, transform your relationships, and more. Saint Paul University, Guigues Hall, Room G104 223 Main Street, Ottawa K1S 1C4 To pre-register, contact: Lynda Chaplin 647 654 7711 • Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
Pointing at the Moon
Rupa (Ivy) Hatha Yoga Yin Yoga Meditation Teacher Training www.wishingtreeyoga.ca The finger pointing to the moon is not the moon itself. And www.wishingtreeyoga.ca yet, the finger does help us to see the moon. It is our starting point and our guide. However, not all fingers are equal; some teachings and teachers will point us towards Truth more directly than others. I gratefully acknowledge the guidance of my teacher, Rupa of Wishingtree Yoga. Having completed her 200-hour Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training and her 50hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training, I can say that she has a special, simple, profound way of teaching. If I had to choose one finger to show me the moon, it would be hers. Feel free to contact me with questions or comments through my website: sageleafyoga.ca
bit of Zen wisdom came to my mind recently: The finger pointing to the moon is not the moon itself. Yoga practices and teachings are like fingers pointing to the moon. They are trying to show us something, to lead us towards something. They are helping us to experience Truth. But sometimes we become so fixated on the finger – the method or the teaching – that we forget about the moon. We forget that our practice is not the end goal, but a way of attaining our goal, of discovering Truth. It is easy to forget about the moon. Our yoga practice is concrete, something easy for us to grasp, to work with – so we focus on refining our yoga postures, or doing breathing exercises, or completing x repetitions of a mantra. But let’s remember that these are tools, these are pointers. We must look past the pointers and see what they are pointing to. How? Do your practice (postures, breathing, meditation, etc.), and as you do, or after you do, make a point of noticing what you feel in your body and mind. What effect does the practice have on your body/mind? What does your practice teach you about yourself? Do insights arise in the course of your practice, or perhaps after your practice? Simply asking these kinds of questions will invite insights to arise!
PAT H W O R K :
In the areas of life where this is operating, fear of not getting what feels essential for our survival plus the Where Has My Self-Confidence Gone? often accompanying conviction that we never can have it, leads to negative and defeatist attitudes that sabotage By Jean Millar what good we might have in life very so often, we find otherwise. ourselves in a set of Since our real self is not circumstances in which our Open Lecture functioning when we are in intuitive nature or the highest Discussions 2017-18 the thrall of our unconscious and best in us is able to Saint Paul University misunderstandings of self and manifest and express clearly 233 Main St, follow signs to room life and therefore, gripped in the and spontaneously. This is our Jan 17/18, Feb 21, Mar 21, Apr 18, forcing current of ‘I must have’, real self in operation. At these May 16, 7 to 9 pm we are quite correct to mistrust times, we have no uncertainty, Suggested donation, $15 ~ $5 for members our reactions i.e., to lack selfno wavering as to what is the Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 confidence. right reaction or action to take. All welcome We cope with the situation in The first step in freeing the best way we could and we Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org ourselves is to gradually make the know, without any doubt, that unconscious misunderstandings we have done so. This is self-confidence. conscious. This is very possible using tools such as But then there are those times when we are confused Daily Review and the Inner Voices Meditation. When and unsure about how we are really feeling and what we have been able to free ourselves enough, our trust the appropriate response is. This happens whenever in ourselves, life and divine reality will naturally and the real self is obstructed by disturbing layers of gradually lead to increased self-confidence. misconceptions about oneself and about life. In some This is the subject of Pathwork Lecture 77: Selfareas of life, we are clearer than in others. This part is Confidence – Its True Origins and What Prohibits It. the immature consciousness that all of us retain at least It is the topic that will be explored at the next Pathwork some of – even though we may have grown and matured Open Lecture evening on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 in many ways. Whatever comes from these layers does at Saint Paul University, 233 Main Street, 7 to 9 pm. Jean not express our real feelings. Real feelings come from Millar, an Ottawa area Pathwork Helper and teacher will the real self which is often blocked from our awareness discuss aspects of this lecture and provide an exercise to by the tense, emotional patterns of this immature, help us practice the process of moving from self-doubt almost unconscious, level. Because its messages are so to grounded, calm self-confidence. counter to reason and often laden with fear, we unconsciously put in place mechanisms to Lectures are available for free download from defend ourselves from this unpleasantness. We www.pathwork.org. push them out of our awareness beginning in Contact Jean for more information: childhood. We end up with a set of unconscious firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-829-1254 but very strong ’demands’ about how we and All are welcome. Follow the signs to the room. others must think, feel and behave so that we can be safe and happy and we put behaviors Suggested donation: $15 for non-members; $5 in place to make sure this happens. It can feel for members. like life and death – just out of awareness.
Rupa has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom. Living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. Join Rupa for an unforgettable journey towards Selfrealization. The experience will give an understanding of Yoga’s amazing scientific knowledge and provide practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat! It is all about your SELF.
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
for Information call 613-521-9711
For more information, visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
& Various Guest Mediums
Ask The Tea Lady
t sounds cliche but it’s true. “This is the first day of the rest of your life!” January seems to be the time when people take stock of their goals and do a bit of personal inventory and feel like starting new things. I personally find it appropriate to do this ANYTIME of year and on a fairly regular basis, but since the theme of the Tone this month is “New Year, New You” lets talk about a very easy and enjoyable way you can change your life. It has changed mine and many others. Yes, i’m talking about herbal tea consumption. It is a little thing from the perspective that each pot of herbal tea takes an average of 3 minutes to make and can be drunk at your convenience in 10 minute focussed breaks or sip by sip constantly throughout the day. But the effects of getting familiar with healthful helpful herbs is almost like having a best friend in your cupboard supporting your body every time it starts to tip out of balance. That is often what illness is. There may be deficiencies or excesses and not only can herbs bring the body back into better balance but the mind too!!! So lets talk about that because the mind is the one which is most elusive and least understood. To begin with, it is useful to consider that the habitual thought patterns we entertain, believe and speak are very powerful in creating our reality. But when we get tired, sick, stressed we fall into what i call “stinkin’ thinkin’” and this tends to make matters worse. We feel worse and we attract bad luck. I bring all this up because reaching for a good large pot of a nourishing and calming herbal infusion is one way to turn this around and “Take Charge” of the situation. Herbs are a great tool for us to manage our state of being including our bodies and our minds. How to gently honour ourselves with some recalibration and nurture the body gradually to work consistently (and persistently) into
our goals. Giving our body the support it needs to be strong, calm and stable increases the success rate for the most popular resolutions: Becoming more fit, and letting go of destructive habits. Oatstraw is a powerful Ally. Oatstraw is the nourishing herb which has the reputation of heartily “feeding” the nervous system. That is to say that drinking oatstraw tea has the effect of calming and strengthening the nerves. This makes oat straw particularly helpful in managing stress, anxiety, insomnia and depression. The first thing on the “to do” list is to get our sleeping patterns somewhat rhythmic. This one achievement will empower everything else that we are trying to do. Drinking Oatstraw tea not only provides a useable source of calcium and magnesium. It also contains Bcomplex vitamins, silicia, flavones, saponins, and Vitamin A. Oat Straw is useful for thyroid and estrogen deficiency, for MS, osteoporosis, appetite loss, anorexia, urinary concerns, colds and chills and to encourage sweating. This herb increases internal heat, dispels internal chill and strengthens metabolism and circulation, prevents and relieves spasms, softens and soothes damaged or inflamed surfaces such as the gastric mucous membranes, strengthens functional activity of the nervous system, helps with the process of assimilating food, and generally restores, nourishes. Overall, Oatstraw is a fantastic way to gently support and strengthen the entire body. What all this MEANS to the topic at hand is that by drinking oatstraw daily we become better equipped to overcome temptations that we have resolved to avoid; we feel more strong and happy and relaxed enabling us to move away from negative habits confidently with minimal withdrawal symptoms. The compulsion to indulge in temporarily satisfying
Thank you & best wishes for 2018 Take Charge Tea would like to thank our customers and stores for their continued support. Please enjoy many warm cups of tea to get you through the long winter; and in the spring, meet me at Carp Farmers Market 8am-1pm May-October. Until then, visit one of our carefully chosen retail outlets listed! OUR FINE STORES:
451 Ottawa Street, Almonte, ON 613-256-4545 The Old General Store
5 Queen Street, Chrysler, ON 613-987-2810 Foodsmiths
106 Wilson Street West, Perth, ON 613-267-5409 Green Bean Natural Foods Inc. 115 John Street North, Arnprior, ON 613-623-9000 The Granary
107 Bridge Street, Carleton Place, ON 613-257-5986 Herb and Spice Wellington
1310 Wellingon Street. West, Ottawa, ON 613-722-5747 Mother Earth Natural Health
747D Richmond Road, Ottawa, ON 613-321-3557 Modern Thymes Health and Bulk Foods
11 Russell Street East, Smiths Falls, ON 613-283-3612 Planet Botanix
301 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON 613-567-4444
TakeChargeTea.com Take charge of your health
613.836.2355 • www.kaivalya.ca
Offices in Hull & Stittsville
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR: • EMOTIONAL/PHYSICAL PAIN • GRIEVING • RELATIONS • REGRESSIONS • WEIGHT • ADDICTIONS • STRESS • ENERGY LEVEL • HEALING THE PAST .
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
PH D. EASTERN PHILOSOPHY, NGH CERTIFIED HYPNOTIST, COACH, TEACHER
Welcoming a Deeper Awareness
f you were to sit for a minute and feel into your physical body what would you feel? Peacefulness? Tightness? Soreness? One of the greatest gifts I’ve had this lifetime is to learn how to “sense into my body” and to be able to alleviate my own unease or pain. Additionally, I’m able to generate peacefulness, gentleness and healing in my body. This gift all starts with awareness; the awareness to gently sense into our body, feel into it to understand it then release as needed. What about your emotional field? Do you feel free or contracted? Do you feel strong emotionally or vulnerable? Do you know that allowing your awareness to an experienced guide you can heal your past and shift your mental frame into a healthier and more balanced frame.
but unhealthy food choices is minimized by an overall calm demeanour and emotional state. The exhaustion keeping us away from endorphin raising physical activity has been solved by managing stress and sleeping better. Take Charge of your stress, insomnia and depression this January. Ask The Tea Lady if you have any herbal questions and if there is responsive interest maybe we can get a Q&A column running here!
Learning about ourselves, sensing into deeper levels of awareness helps us to shift patterns and open to a new way of being. We might all have some tendency to bypass, or maybe even carry some level of denial, as it’s nature’s way to cope with life and its ups and down. However, bypassing is ultimately not a lasting solution as it leads to pressures, frustrations or even anger. From these levels of awarenesses we can heal, release and let go. In my experience it is possible through the gentle process found in hypnosis to release the past, release physical and emotional tensions in the kindest and most efficient way. It frees us from burdens we may carry unconsciously or even consciously. In this way we can change our world, and welcome life from a freer, clearer and more fulfilling perspective. Lynne Cardinal holds client sessions in Hull and Stittsville. She offers Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors and has done so for over 30 years. She is also a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD (alternative) in Eastern Philosophy. She has completed an extensive and advanced training with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation and Healing and Trauma (individual and collective) work, and she has trained with Diane Hamilton in Conflict Resolution and with Diana Martinez on Family Constellation. For more information or to book a session call 613.836.2355 or www.kaivalya.ca email@example.com
Bonnie-Jean Stacey, Herbalist firstname.lastname@example.org Take Charge Tea
t seems to be, in life, that you either get one or the other. You either get the result that you want, or you have reasons or excuses for not getting it, the result that you want. Think about it. Has there ever been a time when you asked somebody to do something for you, or let's say you said, "Let's get these particular results for me by next Wednesday," and next Wednesday comes around, and you don't have the results? What does the person who you ask to get the results for you give you instead of what you asked for? They give you all the reasons and excuses as to why they didn't provide you with what you really asked for. Successful people don't accept reasons or excuses. People who are less successful actually think their reasons and excuses are true. I remember, I was doing a training, and one of the students said to me, and they put their hands up and said, "Dr. Luke, I don't have any excuses." And I said, "Well, fantastic! So if you've got no excuses, then you must always get the result that you want. Is that true?" "No," he said. And I said, "Well, how do you do that, then? What do you have instead of the results that you want?" And the student said to me, "Good reasons."
Now, in the world of success, there's no such thing as a good reason because a reason, even if it's a good one, prevents you from having the results that you want. So imagine this. You can really just imagine now, if you put a cross through excuses, so you just didn't have any anymore, what would be the only thing that you were left with? You'd only be left with the results that you want. So here's another little challenge for you over the next few days. Start to notice what excuses you're using every time you go to create something that you want and you don't create it. What reason or excuse do you give yourself? And I bet there aren't that many of them, but I also, again, bet that the ones that are present, you make them work really hard for you. So make a note of those over the next couple of days. All the reasons and excuses is a limiting belief, a belief that isn't useful, a disempowering belief, a belief that prevents you from getting what you want. And later on, in some more of the videos that are forthcoming, you can learn how to start to change those limiting beliefs. So, just for a moment, imagine this, that at some point out in the future, being able to change all the beliefs so you no longer had any reasons or excuses for creating what you wanted. It's black and white. If there are no
Results VS Excuses
“I Can Make YouStop Stop Smoking in One Hour”Hour” “I Can Make You Smoking in One If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
excuses, if there are no reasons, you'll only be left with one thing, which is the result that you want, which is what these videos are all about. Remember to Like, Share and Comment.
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology
Always Believe, Luke Michael Howard Ph.D Clinical Hypnotist Ottawa www.LUKEnosis.com 613-878-5874
Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
“Stop Destructive Habits Today Permanently”
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
! LYNNE SMITH Certified Business Coach Master Life Coach IMP
ome to the Wellness Show and even experience the most Potent Healing oils on the planet. I’m Lynne Smith, and I have been involved for several decades, in helping clients release and dissolve the internal programs that hold them back in life. I am so passionate about these oils because they never cease to amaze--delivering one miracle after another. These new high frequency Fragrance Alchemy oils have come out in recent years to release negative emotions, obsolete beliefs and patterns that block people from recognizing the new potentials for life that are opening up. We are seeing so much destructuring in the world, but for those with eyes and hearts to see, there is incredible potential for newness. When tested for frequency in a lab, the Fragrance Alchemy oils measured over 16 MHZ. The most potent essential oils measure around 5-7 MHZ in frequency. The Fragrance Alchemy oils have a very different application from the essential oils, and their power knows no bounds—beyond clearing, they then become activating of higher awareness and vitality to the wearer. Fragrance Alchemy oils are specific to the meridians, chakras and other body systems so we shed quickly, multi-dimensionally. Each meridian associates with
p. 902.830.2822 e. email@example.com w. www.lifesmithcoaching.com
4 main negative emotions, and the oils are applied to specific acupressure points to release those negative emotions. They clear anxiety, anger, abandonment, birth trauma, feeling stagnant, stress, depression guilt and much more. They also purify energy fields, boost life force, create a luminous cocoon of peace, and activate higher awareness and powers. The alchemical properties of these fragrance oils are unparalleled, and through their use it is possible to live beyond all emotionality and free from crippling stories of the past. I have recently moved to Ottawa and look forward to seeing you at the show and spreading the word on these miraculous oils. Join me for demos and if we have time, for quick one-on-one mini-sessions. Check out http://www.lifesmithcoaching.com/ testimonials (half way down page) and http:// www.lifesmithcoaching.com/testimonials-sectionsavailable/testimonial-videos/
Show this coupon and receive 15% off any oil purchased at the show. Missed the show? Purchase on www.academyoffragrancealchemy.com and use the coupon code fatone15 at checkout to receive the discount. Expires March 31st … one time use, and on total sale.
Meditation in the Yogic Tradition
t holiday time it is very easy to get caught up in the notion that happiness can be created by external things; the right food and drink, the perfect gift, the right people or place. Ultimately, the enjoyment of these things is transitory and we are quickly looking for something new to satisfy our our restless minds. Spiritual traditions suggest that true happiness can only be found within oneself. What is it that creates this inner joyfulnress? When the mind is stilled a state of open awareness may be attained where one experiences a profound connection with unbounded consciousness. The state of “Anandam” or spiritual bliss is the goal of yoga. The yogic spiritual tradition has, over several thousand years, developed techniques of meditation to enable this connection to a trans personal level of consciousness. By consistent practice of these techniques it is possible to grow your own inner happiness. Hathaway yoga is a great way to prepare the the physical body and subtle energy body for meditation practice. Pranayama, various types of breath control, can be used to balance our energies and calm the mind.
However, one of the most simple and effective tools in achieving deeper meditative stares is Pratyahara; withdrawl of the senses. This practice consists of a series of visualization where the meditator; a) Withdraws the attention from external sensory stimuli, b) withdraws attention from the physical body, and c) withdraws their attention from the random flow of thoughts that usually occupy our awareness.
After the mind has become focussed the the meditator uses repetition of a mantra and subtle visualizations to merge the small sense of self into that state of boundless consciousness. This step is, of course, a very big one which takes practice. However, the deeper and more expansive states of consciousness are natural to human beings. They can occur naturally at different times such as being in nature or through deep interpersonal connections. Western psychology refers to them as peak experiences. The language for describing them varies from culture to culture, but all spiritual traditions seem to share an understanding of them. Our own contemporary culture lacks a thorough and integrated understanding of spiritual states and the subtler layers of the mind that facilitate them. However, the Yogic spiritual tradition has been studying and mapping these realms for millennia. Take a look at the illustration of the human chakras and subtle energy channels that are found in many yoga studios. They may have fancy illustrations of petalled chakras, intertwining lines of energy and various symbols and Sanskrit letters. These are maps of human consciousness and subtle energy. Knowing the map does not mean that you know the places they describe. To do that you need to head out on a journey. In this case it is an inner journey and one which is uniquely rewarding. This journey is open to all. The only requisite is a human form and a willingness to start. Chris Simmonds Chris has been practicing meditation for over 40 years and has been an ordained teacher (Acharya) in the Yogic meditation tradition for 16 years. He teaches group classes and provides personal instruction for in those interested in pursuing the spiritual journey through meditation. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-298-2447. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for class schedules and more information and articles.
cosmic mindfulness Tools for the Spiritual Journey
meditation in the Yogic Tradition with Chris Simmonds
Evening classes: Wednesdays, 7:45 to 9:15pm January 17 - March 7 at Kalyana Yoga Shala, 375 St Laurent Blvd. $16 per class plus HST. (Class packages available) Drop in attendance is welcome Jan 17- Mindfulness and Breath Jan 24- Mindfulness and Breath Jan 31-Sound Vibration and Mantra Feb 7- Sound vibration and Mantra Feb 14- Meditation for Healing Feb 21- Chakras and Spiritual Energy Feb 28- Chakras and Spiritual energy Mar 7- Higher Self Connection This class series is suitable for those wishing to establish or deepen their meditation practice.
Lunch hour classes: All classes include simple stretching and breathing exercises, and guided meditations.
Wednesdays, 12-1pm Starting January 10 at Planet Botanix 301 Bank Street Drop-in $10 per class Students and seniors $5
For more information please go to: www.ottawameditation.ca or contact Chris Simmonds at email@example.com/613-298-2447
Creation needs Connection
Plug yourself back in this year, and create your own light! By Rhonda J. Brioux
eing Creative is as essential to human nature and happiness, as is spirituality and sexuality. In fact, they are all interconnected and require connection. As male and female, we create! We are the instruments of creation. Birthing babies, businesses, laws of equality, and art forms of every venue. We are so intricately designed; with blood, energy, emotions, and passions raging through our beautiful sculpted bodies, in a million shapes, colours and sizes. We build, invent, nurture, protect and entertain. We possess all of this with infinite intelligence, intuition and healing! “Wellness F or Women and Mothers” So, why do we feel so alone…. so depressed, and so anxious? We $120.00/six week session, ($20.00 per session) simply need to CONNECT! We need Thursdays, January 18 - February 22, 2018 meaningful connections that inspire 6:30-7:50 PM, Stittsville (Ottawa West), ON our creative nature. Connections with Each weekly 80 minute session will be divided into four parts: our higher self, the divine, nature, and others we can be ourselves around. 1. Workout: upbeat music and movements geared to all fitness levels. Reduce stress and feel stronger! 2. Yoga: stretch, strengthen, relax and breathe! It’s what we as humans do. It’s what 3. Meditation: (dis)engage your mind, enter into a state of calmness and peacefulness. makes us laugh, heal, reflect, feel 4. Sharing and Circle of Support: discussion and activities geared to create a sense of community and a deeper awareness of one’s self. Find your purpose and feel connected! grateful and inspired. It’s not always easy but making the effort, finding Sophie Leclair-Roberge -Certified Fitness Instructor, Registered Social Worker the time to connect, yields rewards Cera Gagnon -Certified Yoga Instructor, Certified Fitness Instructor and Reiki Healer that are priceless. This I know for Rhonda J. Brioux -Author, Poet and Meditation Facilitator sure! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 8, 2018 to register, and don’t forget to invite a friend! As a wife and stay at home mother of four, I’ve experienced first hand what disconnection feels like. In the past, I’ve fallen into the traps of isolation and deep depression because of fear and lack of much needed support. It happens to the best of us, life can be overwhelming. We hadn’t lost it. We were just disconnected. When we reconnect and plug in on all levels (physically, spiritually, mentally, sexually, socially, etc.), we are what my husband and I refer to ourselves as being “ON”! It only takes small gentle steps to charge oneself up again. You can join our next workshop for women to experience the MIRACULOUS benefits of MOVEMENT, MEDITATION, MINDFULNESS AND FRIENDSHIP. If you make only one Resolution this year, make it to take charge and recharge yourself and plug into the Meditation, study and application good connections. When we turn on the light of our in a small group format creativity, we see the path of our life with our heart and soul.
CIRCLE OF SUPPORT
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul
Is your heart open? I specialize in freeing you from stubborn, limiting patterns. 12-dimensional clearing healing the root cause.
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
January 27-28 February 24-25 March 17-18
Toronto Peterborough Ottawa (Almonte)
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at email@example.com, 905 655-6756 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
MASSAGE COUPON Limit One per customer Redeemable Tuesdays only $45.00 per treatment, 1.25 hours. Contact Sonja Müller, Deep Tissue Therapist and Massage Teacher with 20 years clinical experience in private practice
Tel: 613-795-4583 Expiry August 30, 2018
pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
Pay Attention to Your Heart by Amâeil Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
hether you are feeling it or not, we have collectively shifted our consciousness into the 4-6D soul matrix Harmonic Universe with a new set of governing laws. To navigate the impact on your experience, remember to pay attention to your heart. The heart is still the power tool for discerning what feels true for us and what doesn’t. If ever this was important it’s now, because as the timelines shift and fresh possibilities emerge as our reality, there will be much to choose from and more to discern. If we ascertain resonance when change comes our way then we’ll be able to sustain ourselves in our journey. Resonance always feels as though there is flow and ease. If there’s no resonance then we can feel questioning, put upon, or mistrustful. While there can be unresolved pain, confusion and distortions in the dissonance, it’s still our journey that’s unfolding, and it remains our responsibility to clarify them. So we must not get lost in rhetoric or directives but know ourselves. We are moving along together in this ascension experiment. To the awakened it may seem more beautiful and feel easier. To others it may feel denser or as though nothing is different. Yet, we each have to be willing to see that our heart can align with the higher harmonics or it can be closed to what’s most transformative for us individually and collectively. The closed heart will not know how to be joyful and flow with the unfamiliar. The open heart will be able to freely trust in the unfolding with faith. Unifying our higher mind and heart will steady us in this sea of change. Our heart helps us to be the Divine human that we are. In all our history this has been its purpose. It hasn’t always been used well. Let’s use it now for being the peace.
www.MelindaUrban.com 17 yrs. experience: intuitive energy education, counselling, healing & multi-dimensional ascension clearing intelligently purposed for Indigos/ Starseeds, young and older. ©2018 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
The Past is Gone, the Best is Yet to Come By Germaine De Peralta
o you ever find yourself revisiting and rehashing a painful past despite having taken steps to heal yourself? Perhaps you’re stuck there due to an old outworn story in your head that reminds you of your pain, loss, grief or failure. For example, you may have gone through a bankruptcy long ago and you are still in that debt mindset. Perhaps you experienced a difficult childhood and despite having worked with doctors and healers for many years, you’re still carrying your childhood like a bag of rocks on your back. Or perhaps a relationship didn’t work out and your mind still sinks into an endless discourse of “whys” or you are still hanging on to that anger. On one hand, it is good to return to a past wound to heal it. However, to live in a painful past because it is your comfort zone, your crutch or your story, can prevent you from moving forward. How do you unglue yourself and move on? I believe the magic recipe is: Forgive, remove judgement, accept and let go.
383 Parkdale Ave. Suite 105 Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4R4 www.inlineclinic.ca
An exclusive TONE Magazine NEW YEAR OFFER! (Offer ends Feb. 28, 2018)
FREE INITIAL APPOINTMENT Chiropractic/Deep Tissue Laser Therapy (value $100) FREE INITIAL APPOINTMENT Kinesiology- Body Diagnostic Assessment & Treatment (value $100) $30 off Initial Gestalt/Art Therapy Session $30 off Initial 60min Massage Therapy $30 off Initial Homeopathy Consultation
Upcoming Workshops & Events Register Now! “TLS Weight loss Workshop” FRIDAY, JAN. 12, 2018 6:30pm FREE!
“Emotions, Body, and Our Behaviour” Workshop w/ Razi G. Farahani SAT-SUN, JAN 13-14, 2018 10am-5pm Cost: $120
Contact us to book your appointments!
We cannot change the past, but we can forgive ourselves, others, and the situation. Forgiveness entails releasing the emotions associated with the unpleasant event. Take steps to understand that situation and those involved and forgiveness will come easier. This act can bring you to a neutral emotional and mental state. Release judgement about what happened. We judge situations when we label them with terms such as “toxic,” “horrible,” “bad,” “unhappy” or “wrong.” Stop judging yourself. Refrain from labelling yourself with names such as, “loser,” “sinner,” or “bad.” Stop judging other people involved. Stop judging God or the Universe. The fact is things just happen, end of story. Accepting what happened is important. Acceptance involves deep humility and surrender. Most of us are doing our best, but we cannot control everything. It was as it was. It is as it is. While we cannot change the past, we can change ourselves. We can have a positive attitude about a challenging incident and learn from the experience. For example, if you made poor choices at work or in a relationship, you can review your decision making process, your choices or your thoughts so you do not repeat your mistakes or create similar experiences. Everything I just described could be a long process, or it can happen in an instant “aha” moment. Letting go of the past frees up your energy to live fully in the present. When you are living fully in the present, you open yourself to all the wonderful opportunities and gifts the world has to offer that could enrich you and help you grow. You will likely notice more aspects of your life that will bring you joy. You will see more pathways to follow. You may open your heart and attract new and supportive relationships. You will likely see your current reality more objectively when you throw away the coloured lenses of the past. Detaching yourself from the past frees you to create a new life – perhaps the one you’ve always wanted. Germaine De Peralta, Holy Fire II Karuna Reiki Master/Teacher is owner of Reiki Wanderlust Ottawa and can be contacted at 613-697-3105, or firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook.com/ ReikiGermaine. Germaine will be holding workshops on Usui Holy Fire II Reiki ART/Master and Holy Fire II Karuna Reiki Master/Teacher at the RW Healing Centre in Westboro Village, Ottawa, ON K1Z 1E7 starting March 2018. She sees clients both at the RW Healing Centre and at Planet Botanix.
613 736 5200 email@example.com
A Spiritual Journey of Unlearning By Rev. Roxanne Buckle
he journey of awakening and living more fully from our spiritual nature, can be an exciting and empowering experience. When I realized the truth of my divine nature, it was one of the best moments of my life. What a revelation! That I was born in original blessing, and at my core am pure, unconditional love, was like a breath of fresh air blowing through a stale and stagnant consciousness that thought —at the time—-that this body, this intellect, this career, this bank account, this relationship was who I was! It changed the trajectory of my life to one of more peace and freedom than I could ever have imagined. And yet the journey can also feel uncomfortable and challenging and sometimes just plain difficult. Why would something so wonderful as realizing and releasing our imprisoned splendour feel anything but incredible? Because we hold on to our understanding of the who we think we are. Our false self, often called the ego, the personality or the imposter self, is the self we show to the world, and is the self that carries a big load of unconscious beliefs that run the show called our life.
Celebration of Spirit, Sundays at 10:30 a.m. JOIN US!
2018: A Year of Unlearning The path to claiming our Divine Nature Our Jan/Feb book: The Untethered Soul Location: The Good Companions Centre (670 Albert St. Lots of Parking; Bus stop at door) For more information go to unityottawa.org or email us firstname.lastname@example.org to register. We are an inclusive, joy-filled community celebrating Oneness. All are Welcome!
Dolphin Dentistry Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com email@example.com
Our divine nature is like a freely flowing river and during our human life we have picked up rocks (beliefs) that get into the river and interfere with the free flow of the river. Our job is to identify those rocks, those hidden beliefs and release them so that the river flows more freely again. The spiritual journey, regardless of the path chosen, is the unlearning of what we erroneously considered the truth about ourselves. When we choose to live more fully, as an expression of the unconditional love that we now know ourselves to be, the Universe supports us. We become conscious of anything that is lurking hidden in our own consciousness, that isn’t supporting us in being who we really are and must release it. This process can feel challenging and uncomfortable, but it is temporary. Letting go of those rocks, in the river of our Divine Nature, frees Its flow in and through us and brings peace, freedom and joy! Join us at Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa as we embark in 2018 on a Journey of Unlearning to claim our divine nature. unityottawa.org
Making Lasting Changes:
BodyTalk and Somatic Experiencing
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: What should we do if we are finding life boring?
SRI CHINMOY: Life is not boring to one who believes in adventure. Adventure does not mean that you have to climb up the tallest mountain. To allow new ideas, fresh ideas, healthy ideas to enter into your mind — that is adventure. Use your imagination-power. Early in the morning, write down three absolutely new things that you have never done, you have never thought of. Then those three things will give you inspiration or a kind of challenge. It will create a sensation in your mind or in your being to do them. Meditate first. After the meditation, use your imagination-power. Just write down, “Three things today I will try. I will make a fresh attempt.” You do not have to accomplish these things in one day, no. It may take a few days or even longer to accomplish them but you can make a start and work on them. Every day presents itself to us as a new opportunity if we can think of every day as a new beginning, a new birth. When there is a new beginning, there is new hope, there is new promise. But if you count the days, then you will be miserable. For the mind, after one month or one year everything becomes uninspiring because the mind believes in age. After one day, the mind will make everything seem old because the mind will make you see everything, every day, in the same way. Every day the mind can invent ways to take away our joy. But not the heart. We have to see and feel everything with the heart, not with the mind. The heart will make us see everything in a new way, a better way. It will bring new joy and new satisfaction into your life. If you can remain in the heart, you are bound to feel at every moment new inspiration, new light, new hope, new promise. When we use the term ‘ever new’, that newness is in the heart. The heart’s eagerness always sees newness in everything. Visit www.srichinmoy.org for further writings by Sri Chinmoy
s the New Year comes upon us, we often feel the desire to implement new and improved ways of feeling, thinking, being and/or looking in our bodies and minds. It is challenging to mentally affirm these new ways of being if our energetic, physical and emotional bodies are struggling to work alongside our mind’s expectations. For example, if we aren’t digesting well or therefore thinking clearly; if we have chronic joint, back pain or headaches that limit our activity; if we feel anxious and/or depressed often; if we’re not sleeping well and have little energy; or if we have had various traumas that may show up as any of the above symptoms. Using our minds to mentally will our bodies into action may occasionally be helpful, yet allowing our body to reset via our 3 brains (head, heart and gut), enables it to heal itself and for changes to be harmonious and sustainable. BodyTalk energy therapy and Somatic Experiencing (trauma release) therapy, both help the body and mind to integrate energy from past stresses and traumas, which often becomes stuck within the body’s various parts and systems, causing a host of symptoms and eventually disease. Both of these modalities enable emotions, memories, stuck energy to be discharged in order to free up our immune, digestive, endocrine, nervous, somatic, musculoskeletal, etc. systems, so that we can feel increased energy, our innate aliveness, as well as the freedom to choose our responses to life once more. Jaya Hollohan has uncovered past traumas and stuck energies held in my body for decades and helped them to move out and shift so incredibly quickly. Multiple physical issues that I believed to be chronic and un-fixable have been painlessly cured. I highly recommend experiencing Jaya’s healing sessions. She has helped me to find a version of myself that I didn’t even know existed! --- Rebecca Lantz, Ottawa
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
Jaya Hollohan will be sharing tools for increased health and awareness from her practices of BodyTalk Energy Therapy, Somatic Experiencing, and studies of Eastern spirituality via an evening talk entitled, “Healing Health and Anchoring Wellness” on Thursday, January 25th from 7-8:30pm (by donation), and a oneday workshop on February 11th, 2018 from 10am-6pm (early bird cost: $125 if paid by January 28th or $150). Please RSVP to: jaya@ energythrive.com to register, receive more info and location information for either/both events. Pls also
301 Bank Street, Ottawa 613-567-4444 planetbotanix.com
feel free to visit her website at: www. energythrive.com Jaya Hollohan MA is a Certified Advanced Parama BodyTalk Practitioner, Cranial Sacral, Lymphatic Drainage, Mindfulness Life Coach, Reiki Practitioner, Hatha Yoga Teacher and is currently undertaking Peter Levine PhD’s 3 year Somatic Experiencing Professional Training, which assists in trauma resolution. She is Author of the book: “Who We Are When We Thrive: Remembering Happiness and Rediscovering Health”, as well as various guided meditations that are available through her website.
DIRECTORY 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact firstname.lastname@example.org SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. OTTAWA GURDJIEFF STUDY GROUP www.gurdjieffottawa.ca For those wishing to connect with the teaching and practice of G.I. Gurdjieff and the possibilities for man’s inner development, we invite you to join us on Friday evenings. Phone 613-746-6547 or email@example.com
• People NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
• Akashic Records TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE: naturopathic doctor, healing groups, weekly meditation, nature programs, retreats, natural products, workshop and therapy spaces in beautiful nature 35 min NW of Ottawa. www.ecowellness.com, 613-839-1198
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa.
ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Consistent, accurate, clinical results; food, supplements.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and over 30 years of experience.
DIRECTORY Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, email@example.com 613 304 4255 EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email email@example.com
• Aura Healing RELEASING PAIN AT THE SOURCE. Home visit. Beau, 613-422-5606
SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613-415-1139 marieamram. firstname.lastname@example.org
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Bette@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-722-4249. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636.
• Chakra/Aura Balancing Circa 1894 - 3 guest rooms, renovated church. Use of Spa facilities (extra fee) - 3 Tubs; Finnish, NIR, FAR Infra-red saunas; Reiki. 613-259-9988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minute Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Children ICU-INSPIRING CHILDREN UNIVERSALLY – Learning to read blindfolded consciously connects children connect to their Spirit to become happier, confident & academically successful – Karen Osborne - email@example.com www.ascensionhealing.ca.
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181
DIRECTORY CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org By appointment only
• Colour BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO A ROOM, shift the energies of your space, add a chakra colour as an accent wall, decorative designs or family trees can also add character and uniqueness to your home. Let Colour Guru bring new life, colour and uniqueness to your living space for 2018 and beyond. Colour Consulting available. Room clearing and smudging also available. Find us on Facebook Colour Guru! Happy New Year!! 613-797-1096
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com
REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe, supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org CECILIA TAIANA Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com
• Crystals CRYSTAL SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS | 2-Yr Training in Crystal-Shamanic Healing: evolved training in the ancient arts | Karen Osborne | firstname.lastname@example.org | 613470-1888 | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist PAMELA HOLM, Registered Psychotherapist, Cert. Music Therapist.
Expressive and receptive methods of healing. Spiritually oriented. Children through seniors. Range of issues and conditions. www.DeepSoulSinging.com and Deep Soul Energetics. 613-829-1556. email@example.com
DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
DIRECTORY OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life.
Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987 ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-5651919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Care NURSING FOOT CARE - IN HOME OR IN CLINIC. Sterilized individually packaged tools, best practices in clinical assessment, infection control, privacy and technologies. Pampered Mani/Pedi, advanced & diabetic Most insurance up to 80% & Veterans 100% SoftSoles.ca 613-621-0012 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Screen for toxic metals & nutritional deficiencies. HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healer INTUITIVE HEALING SPECIALIST NOW IN OTTAWA Physical, Mental, Psychological, Emotional, Past lives, Body, Mind, Spirit, Soul cleanse, Fears, Pain management. firstname.lastname@example.org 613 821 4809
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism THE BEST OF NATURE’S CERTIFIED HERBALIST, Miranda V Martel. Herbal Services: Herbal Spa treatments, Consultations for Balancing Health, Workshops, Walks and Remedies www. thebestofnature.ca Call: 705-561-5365 E-mail: email@example.com
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available.
DIRECTORY MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com MARIETTE is a certified, clinical master hypnotist with NGH trained by Sheila Granger. www.yourinnerself.ca
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
firstname.lastname@example.org. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within. ca PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901
THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. firstname.lastname@example.org (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: email@example.com
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine
DIRECTORY (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. HERBAL MASSAGE Lætitia Béguin RMT, ND, herbologist. Pain, nervous system, skin disorder. 39 Dalhousie, Aylmer www.herbesspa.ca. (819) 332-4048
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr.
John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or email@example.com or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Lotus Born Wellness Centre: 1226A Wellington W. WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Weekly mindfulness practice, discussion & tea.
• Metabolic Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Monitor your health with saliva & urine analysis.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
• Nature Programs CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Ridgewoods preschool; summer & PD day camps
DIRECTORY • Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, email@example.com CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Dr. Marcin Padlewski N.D. general practice; monthly patient groups with Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. Hair analysis, food & supplement testing, metabolic test.
• Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Organic Bedding CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Volunteer opportunities & share produce
• Organic Gardening CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as
far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail email@example.com and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing
CATHERINE BASTEDO, HOLOGRAPHIC-USUI & KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, RT-CRA, ICRT. Personalized
DIRECTORY classes in English or French; Reiki Master/ Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Spiritual Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com 819-918-3436. email@example.com
JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com
DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Master - Circa 1894 Day Spa, Lanark. Use of tubs/saunas included. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca
KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987
DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com HOLY FIRE REIKI treatments and courses with Martha St. Pierre. 613-422-7286; ladymjs50@ hotmail.com; holyfirereikiottawa.ca
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with email@example.com
Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-355-1832 RUPERT- Occult self help sliding scaletarot i ching and various oracles past lives,divining and shaping the future astrology, GBLTT counselling, homeopathic aphrodisiacs -frigidity and impotence schizophrenia. email email@example.com
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Supervised or selfdirected retreats in beautiful countryside, yurt, cabin or tents. CHARMING RURAL RETREAT COTTAGE NEAR WAKEFIELD. Couples/individuals. Clean, equipped. Year round. Minimum one month. For details text 819-328-3705.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Shamanism CRYSTAL-SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Training in Crystal Shamanic-Healing: evolved training in the ancient Arts | Karen Osborne 613-470-1888 | email@example.com www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra
SELF-RENEWAL & SOUL-CARE through belief-triage subtle energy healing system by Diane Oliver, Urban-Elder 613261-1602 email@example.com. www.Dignity101.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Social Media Management NEED HELP MANAGING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA? Get customized graphics and posts for your social accounts. Grow your online presence and appear more professional online! Contact us of find out more, www.etruemedia. com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-794-3264
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks, chimes and other sound healing instruments to create a relaxing experience. Individual sessions and group meditations. Julie 613-254-8469.
DIRECTORY • SPA
Hot Tubs; Cold Tub; NIR, FAR, Finnish Saunas; Oxygen Therapy; iHeart monitoring (measures internal age). Hourly/Daily. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. email@example.com 613-820-8850.
Learn to “UNFOLD THE MYSTERY” with Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones. To receive training in her inspiring Spiritpainting method, register at www.spiritpainting.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thai Massage BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Thermography Breast Imaging CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Video Promo GET A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO PROMO so you can speak face-to-face with more people at once and continue to help others on their journey while growing your business. Contact us today to learn more! www.etruemedia.com, email@example.com, 613-794-3264
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778
• Personals REV. PATRICIA ROSE. Call/Text: 613-2978960. Or visit: www.allseasonsweddings.com
JUDY JIBB, Tarot and Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, email@example.com 613 304 4255
SEEKING “NEW AGE” FRIENDSHIP Mature woman with physical limitations seek others for get-togethers, chats, walks, shopping, crafts, and so on. Mya 613-721-1551
Do You Want a Balanced 2018 and Beyond?
These fields act as carriers for electrical, chemical, and other toxins stored in our environment. These pollutants are carried to the cellular level therefore causing fatigue. The 60 cycles of electricity inhibit the pituitary gland affecting the bodies ability to release hormones such as Melatonin that helps us to sleep more deeply without the release of melatonin, out sleep patterns are interrupted.
e are being blasted with more and more EMF Pollution (Electrical Magnetic Frequencies). To name a few: smart meters on our homes, Wi-Fi in our schools, antennas on top of all our apartments, cellphone towers in our city’s and parks, power towers in public school parking lot (1300 Kitchener Ave.), How does the balancing system work? everybody on their iPhones The clay in the bottom in the buses on the way to and on the top and the and from work. crystals in the middle • EMF Balancers • Home & Work Check out TAKE BACK draw in magnetic fields YOUR POWER by Josh De • Cell Phone ADR Disks • Health Clinics & Schools and send them out of a Sol to find out how smart • Gold Energy Cards • Cars & Farms balanced state that benefits meters are slowly killing Bringing balance to your the immune system, All products have Zero Point Energy home & workplace us. therefore improving sleep Peter Webb from 613-842-4758 and energy systems. Kemptville has developed Steve Priebe Two units are required For more info on our over 30 years, a Electro firstname.lastname@example.org to balance a living or products & testimonials Magnetic System that has working quarters. One please visit: balanced homes, farms and www.emffreezone.ca Have a Balanced 2018 and beyond! unit must be placed on or businesses all over North near the electrical panel, America with great success. the second unit at the other Magnetic fields flow across the surface of the earth end of your location. More balancers are required for a and attach themselves to electrical wiring, water pipes larger location (school, car dealerships, farms). and steel beams in our living and working spaces. Check out Revitalizer (Black Box) at www. waterforlifetechnologies.ca CLONING NATURE Special Water Treatment System for homes with energy balls and one filter $1700, installed Our EMF Balance Package: 2 home balancers, 1 car balancer, 1 Gold Energy Card with Zero Point Energy with Heart Reg. $575, now $450. www.emffreezone.ca; email@example.com; 613842-4758 Energy Exchange Presentation first Friday of every month at the Ottawa Citizen Bldg. behind Ikea, 7:00 pm (by donation). Hall is balanced for the evening come out Ottawa and feel the difference. HAVE AN AWESOME BALANCED 2018.
Saint Germain Foundation
From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind.
Lisa Bottriell, M. Ed. Counsellor
We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching.
For further information please call us at 613-834-8896
411 Donald B. Munro Carp, Ontario
Roughing It: A Tale of Winter Skin
very year our skin suffers the same fate: drying heat indoors, windy days outdoors leaving it dry, flaking and itchy. Conditions like excema flare up, children have chapped hands and lips-what’s a body to do? Certainly hydrating from the insideout is necessary. It doesn’t have to be cold water: a hot beverage with lemon can be effective, as can clear teas. Dry brushing can also be useful-or salt/sugar scrubs before showering or in the tub. Just be extra careful around any damaged skin areas. Take a look in your kitchen: up your omega supplements, apply your evening primrose topically to dry patches....if you are using high quality oils to cook with, give them a try: flax, sunflower and olive oils can be very soothing to the skin. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention essential oils. These concentrated bottles of goodness are wonderful when added to carrier oils so that they are diluted.
2 Beechwood Ave, Unit 103, Ottawa, ON K1L 8L9 Phone: 613-746-8821
We use 100% Natural Organic Shea Butter for Massage Therapy and Hot Stone Massage and we use Natural Body Sugaring & Body Exfoliation products. Matnik Therapeutic Spa is a Health and Wellness Spa providing Best in Class Massage Therapy sessions, Body Sugaring and Waxing in Ottawa. We offer a wide variety of natural organic products and Holistic services to enhance the beauty of your skin AND Heal your Body & Soul!
Here are some recipes to get you started! Salt scrub Celtic Sea Salt 1 cup 1/4 cup carrier oil (coconut, olive or other) 2 drops each lavender chamomile and geranium essential oil. Blend essential oils with carrier oil, then combine with salts. Use this scrub before showering or in the bath. Discontinue use if redness or irritation occur (just because something is natural doesn’t mean you might not have a reaction) After Bath Oil 100mL carrier oil (again, this can be something you are currently using in your kitchen) Up to 20 drops total of essential oil suggestions: frankincense, lavender and carrot seed, rose, myrrh and palmarosa, cedarwood, patchouli and mandarin Come in to Planet Botanix and experience our 100+ essential oils in stock! We have everything you need to make your own bodycare creations! ©2018 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St, near Somerset. She gives workshops on creating natural body care and has been creating natural body care for over eighteen years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic. www.planetbotanix.com
S TA R T Y O U R Y E A R O F F R I G H T ! O U R O P E N H O U S E I S J A N UA RY 2 1
Enjoy a pure organic Himalayan Crystal Salt foot and hand soak with your beautifying Manicure and Pedicure treatment. (Bio Gel available) Other services include: facials for all skin types, micro-dermabrasion, Electrolysis, Energy healing, Aromatherapy, Acupressure and more. 25% off on Mondays for select services! Please call.
301 Bank St., Ottawa, ON • 613-567-4444 • firstname.lastname@example.org Tarot • Reiki • Astrology • Energy Healing... Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic
Unity Field Healing (UFH)
FH was received by Dr. John Ryan, an Ottawa-based physician. Through a series of meditative visions beginning in 2012, this profound healing began to take shape. This new world healing modality is supported by the new era that we now find ourselves in…The Age of Aquarius. What is so unique about this healing is that it is designed to support and heal our biospiritual transformation through our Quantum DNA. What does that mean? Simply put, it means that we all have an original blueprint. Our own unique perfection known as our SOUL. So, while other healings work to release blockages in the physical and emotional bodies, UFH does this and reintegrates our human experience (human DNA) with our original soul blueprint (quantum DNA). There are 3 unique sessions as part of the UFH modality: Session 1 is called “Self-Attunement” and it works to bridge and align you with your own Quantum DNA axis and Spiritual DNA blueprint. Session 2 is called “Unity Field Healing Template Attunement” and provides a personal attunement to the UFH Template. As well as being a deeply restorative energetic session, it also begins to bridge the gap to Session 3 where you can work more personally with intention. Session 3 is called “Unity Field Healing – Targeted Intentional Support” and is aligned with a specific personal intention. Your intention may include any physical, emotional, psychological or relationship issues that you would like to experience with higher consciousness or healing. Session 3 may be repeated as often as you would like to support specific intentions. If you would like more information or would like to experience these transformational sessions, please contact Ann Jarvis at (613) 218-6899 or email at email@example.com or visit Ann’s website at: www.thenourishedsoul.ca
SOUL FOOD PROGRAM:
A 3 Month Program to Radically Shift Your Health & Step Into Your Soul Radiance During the 3 Months You Will Learn & Receive: • Exactly what foods are nourishing your belly and which foods are hurting your belly • A bio-individual diet, meal plan and recipes that allow you to shop and prepare amazing meals that will finally nourish your body and mind • Discover what your cravings mean and how to see them from a diﬀerent perspective so you can heal them • Discover your soul footprint and learn how to move into your inherent Divine Radiance • The opportunity to let go of old, limiting wounds, which will allow you to step into the fullness of your being “Ann is a beautiful channel of Divine wisdom. She helped me to shift so much in my life, my health and my perspective, largely through helping show me where I had already shifted, but was holding myself back from seeing that; helping me to embrace and acknowledge what my heart and soul already knew. Next to your own soul, Ann is the absolute best guide if you are yearning to explore your inner worlds, your deepest truth, your true potential, and the purest love” - Tanya W., Kingston For more information, please contact Ann Jarvis at 613-218-6899 or firstname.lastname@example.org or, visit www.thenourishedsoul.ca For more info, please contact Ann Jarvis at 613-218-6899 or email@example.com or visit www.thenourishedsoul.ca
ROLLANDE THOMPSON Since 1974. Renowned bilingual tarot card reader, palmistry, numerology. Accurate, honest and dependable. My readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and your finances. I respect my work and will give you only my best. Individual consultations at your service. House parties and my own psychic line. Only a phone call away. Formerly on CFRA, CHIP & Rogers TV Telepsychic Show To book an appointment, please call 819-684-6125
TACT2 - The second Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy
ince the first report on chelation therapy in 1956, chelation has been a popular alternative treatment for cardiovascular disease. To assess the efficacy of chelation, an international clinical trial was funded in 2002. When the Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy (TACT) results were finally published in 2013, they revealed two important findings: that chelation works, and that it is a historic game-changer for diabetes. A second trial has been designed to confirm the benefit of this important treatment and better understand how it works. If you are a diabetic, over 50 and have suffered a heart attack, you may be eligible for TACT2. What is Chelation? The word chelation comes from ‘chele’, which is Greek for ‘claw’. A molecule that can form strong double bonds with metals is called a chelator. The molecule used in chelation therapy for heart disease is called disodium ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, or disodium EDTA. It is thought to work by binding and eliminating harmful lead and cadmium from the body.
These two metals are both on the top ten list of hazardous substances ranked by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Like mercury, arsenic and other metals that have no role in the body, they are called xenobiotic metals. While it is not yet clear exactly how EDTA chelation works, current thinking is that the benefit seen in TACT is related to its ability to bind and eliminate xenobiotic metals from the body. This is supported by evidence that links these metals to heart disease, and might explain its greater effect in diabetes. Lead & Cadmium Most people over 50 are exposed to toxic amounts of lead every day, and their bones are the source. An entire life’s lead exposure is stored in the bones, and in the time before it was banned, virtually everyone was exposed to lead in gasoline and paint. Some people are still exposed to lead in water pipes, bullets, soldering or toys. Whatever the source, lead is stored in bones, which releases into the bloodstream again and again as your bones remodel over time. The harm that is done by this lead has been demonstrated in many studies. Several studies have linked higher blood lead levels to increased risk of cardiovascular mortality and all-cause mortality. In
the Normative Aging Study, those with higher bone lead levels were at an 8.37 times increased risk of cardiovascular mortality. This study is important because it measured bone lead levels, which is considered a more accurate measure of total body burden than blood lead, which only reflects recent exposure. There are several ways in which lead might lead to heart disease. Lead increases blood pressure in animal models, and in vitro studies show that it blocks the production of nitric oxide, a molecule that relaxes arteries, by inhibiting and enzyme called endothelial nitric oxide synthetase (eNOS). Lead also promotes oxidative stress and inflammation. The story of cadmium is similar to that of lead. Cadmium is another highly toxic metal that can harm arteries. Cigarette smoke is the most significant source, but everyone is exposed to some cadmium. That is because plants, fruits and grains absorb it from the soil, so there are traces in most of our food. It can damage arteries just like lead can, and it has also been linked to heart disease. At least some of the benefit seen in TACT is likely related to removing cadmium from the body. Many toxic compounds that damage arteries in diabetes cannot be made without metals. This includes advanced glycation end-products (AGEs), advanced lipoxygenation endproducts (ALEs) and protein oxidation products. This may explain the increased benefit seen in TACT in those with diabetes.
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
It is proposed that EDTA infusions promote cardiovascular health by removing harmful metals that can cause heart disease from the body. This has led some to suggest that these xenobiotic metals are a new modifiable cardiac risk factor. TACT and TACT2 The potential benefit of chelation in diabetes is significant. In the original TACT trial, 1708 patients were given 55,222 infusions and monitored for an average of 55 months. Of these, 608 (37%) had diabetes, and among these patients, the chelation group had a 43% lower risk of death from any cause (HR: 0.57 [95% CI: 0.36 to 0.88], p=0.011), and a 52% lower risk of another heart attack (HR: 0.48 [95% CI: 0.26 to 0.88], p=0.015). What is more intriguing about these results is that the benefit of treatment continued long after the last infusion. The treatment group had their last infusion about 14 months after enrolment, but their risk continued to decline over the entire 5-year period. This not seen in any other current treatment for diabetes. It also supports the hypothesis that removing metals improves vascular health. The goal of TACT2 is to replicate these findings. 1200 patients will be enrolled to receive 40 weekly infusions and take oral capsules daily. Just like TACT, this trial has a 2x2 design, which means that the infusions will either contain the active TACT infusion or a placebo, and the capsules will contain vitamins and minerals or placebo. Each infusion takes about three hours. The goal is to see whether diabetic patients receiving chelation therapy have fewer heart attacks, strokes or deaths than those receiving placebo, and whether there are any differences in quality of life. Information Session Please join us for a free information session on diabetes, heart disease, and the TACT2 trial: Speaker:
Dr. Richard Nahas, MD
7:00 â€“ 8:30 pm
Thursday January 11, 2018 Ben Franklin Place 101 Centrepointe Drive Nepean, Ontario, K2G 5K7
Call 613-727-7246, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to RSVP for this event.
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Transitioning Into Passion Work By Louise Lalande coCreations
“I am jumping into a long-time dream: amalgamating my experience and talents with my passions!” I said to myself many years ago. It was the beginning of a journey I wanted to explore, and a reality I could never have imagined as a way of life. It wasn’t the first time I made big career decisions. After a burnout in 1995 and 10 years as a lighting designer, I had started my company. I purposely kept it small and simple, with flexible hours which allowed me to include time for self-care and hobbies. As a young girl I adored making crafts and teaching my dolls. The enthusiasm for these activities never left, sneaking long side by side other experiences, reinforcing its stronghold. When you truly love doing something, it infiltrates your memory to plant itself as a seed and, knowing it brings pleasure endorphins, it nudges its way out for more. You’ve seen it: the wildly determined sapling that shoots out of a tiny concrete crack. I’m always amazed at nature’s determination to grow, including our own desire to evolve. Creating something with our hands is a means to express ourselves. It defines us individually and culturally. Whatever we make, it can be a learning experience. Personally, aside from the pleasure of losing myself in the activity, I love the playful, mindful, and peaceful nature of arts and crafts. I also find it is a powerful, yet gentle way to express feelings and emotions that don’t have words. Some consider playtime as inefficient; I know it as a vital part of work and problem solving, as well as emotional and spiritual well-being. We are all creative; it’s a like any ability, the more we practise, the easier it gets. We refine skills and discover new ways of doing, living, and being. Once we have the desire or curiosity to explore the arts with openness, it can become a sanctuary. The trick is getting around our inner critic; you know, the one that makes you feel like a nincompoop that can’t draw, the one that expects you to be a Picasso with the first brushstroke—As if! I’ve met that character more than once and am happy to show you some simple ways to get around its shenanigans. When it comes to manifesting a new career though, it takes resilience, patience, and a pile of other tricks! Step-by-step, year after
year, I’ve fuelled my love of sharing creative, purposeful living insights integrating the arts. First I looked for a mentor, someone to work with and learn from. Back in 2002 I could not find anyone in Ottawa teaching creative thinking or expressive arts so I researched and read as I delved into an unfamiliar world. In 2007 I thought of contacting Julia Cameron and Mark Bryan, the coauthor of: The Artist’s Way. I was overjoyed when Mark took me on as a trainee. Being an artist and facilitating The Artist’s Way courses while incorporating topics I love, such as mandalas, chakras, sacred geometry and the creative manifestation process, is where I feel at home. I love it and love seeing others discover themselves and find answers through it. Any change is challenging and this one was long and tough, but I’ve never regretted following my heart. So I ask, what makes your heart sing? How can you get the seeds you’ve harboured to emerge? What can you plant or nurture this year to bring about the new you, you dream of? Louise is passionate about helping women manage stress and create authentic purpose-built lives. The only accredited Artist’s Way coach and facilitator teaching in Canada, she imparts creativity tools, recaptured play and design thinking skills. For more information she can be reached at louise@coCreations.ca or 613.315.2030.
New Year’s Resolutions:
or What the Heck was I Thinking? “This is the year I am going to make those changes! I’m going to hit the gym regularly and eat well! Yes, Sir! No more fooling around. Come January 1st, I will be a new person. Well, not January 1st, because that is a holiday, so January 2nd! No, wait, I have plans that week, but the first full week of January 2018, for sure, I will be making big changes!” Sound familiar? We all really do have the best intentions and want so much to feel better. In our excitement we tend to bite off more than we can chew. We need to face the reality that we are not going to become a “Buff Babe” in a weeks’ time. We all know this in our hearts, and yet we still make these unreasonable demands of ourselves, like “I will run 5 kilometers 6 times a week!”, when you haven’t even walked around the block in a year. “I will stop eating junk, and eat only gluten free, dairy free, organic vegetables for the rest of my life!” That just hurts my head at the very thought! So, how do we tackle our New Year’s Resolutions? I would suggest; be reasonable, be gentle and be humorous.
Be Reasonable: Think carefully about what you want in your life right now. Maybe you don’t really want to be buff, maybe you would like to have more friends! Make it something that fits you in a way you can reasonably achieve, little steps and small bites! Be Gentle: We are often so much gentler with others than we are with ourselves. Pick a resolution and then be nice to yourself as you tackle it. Don’t beat yourself up. If you cannot do the resolution, choose something you CAN do. Be Humorous: Taking your resolutions too seriously may cause you to end up in tears. Have fun with your resolutions and you will be much more likely to complete them. One way to be reasonable and gentle with yourself is to gift yourself a massage. It is time just for you and contributes to your resolution to be good to yourself in 2018! Karen Munro-Caple, RMT www.kmc-rmt.com email@example.com 613-274-7342
Lectins – Common Food Poisons
By Dr. Lawrence Wilson - Nutritional Balancing ll information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition. Definition: Lectins are a group of toxic chemicals found in certain plant-based foods including wheat, other grains, beans, soy, peanuts, pseudo-grains and seeds. They are also found in the nightshade family of vegetables – tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant and peppers. Avoiding lectins is one reason that the Nutritional Balancing diets forbid the nightshade vegetables, wheat, soy, seeds and peanuts. The diet also limits the intake of beans and grains. Common examples of lectins are: Prolamins, so named because they are high in prolamine. They are found in seeds and in gluten. Agglutinins, that cause clumping of red blood cells. These are found in the seed coatings of grains. Genetically modified crops have higher levels of these highly toxic chemicals. Galactin-3, found on the surface of most cancer cells. It promotes angiogenesis, which is the way cancer grows by forming new blood vessels. WHAT IS WRONG WITH LECTINS? Many lectins are proinflammatory, immunotoxic, neurotoxic and cytotoxic. Certain lectins may also increase blood
Holiday Inn formerly Chimo Hotel 119 Joseph Cyr, 417 & St. Laurent
January 26, 27 & 28, 2018
3 s y a D ly On
viscosity, interfere with gene expression, and disrupt endocrine function. Worse with vegetarian diets. These diets usually contain more lectins because they usually contain more grains, beans, soy, peanuts and seeds. This is one reason we do not recommend vegetarian diets. Much worse in raw foods. Cooking food thoroughly kills many lectins. The best way to destroy lectins is to use a pressure cooker. Worse in GMO foods. In general, GMO foods contain more lectins. This is just one reason they should be either banned or at least labeled properly. Worse in high-grain diets. Lectins are also a big problem in diets high in grains, which is very common.
Friday: 2pm-10pm Saturday: 11am-10pm Sunday: 11am-6pm
LO N G E S T RU N N I N G P S YC H I C FA I R I N C A NA DA
Palmistry Mediums Tea cups Astrology Numerology Tarot Cards Aura Camera Lectures
Lectures Demonstrations Crystals & tarot cards for sale
Join in on our seminars to find out about your own psychic abilities and get your questions answered by our top pro psychics.
Party in our website www.esppsychicfair.ca
Free gemstone with admission $8.00; $5.00 with this ad 38
Inner Knowing Channelled by Lisa Virtue
inding yourself in this time of change can feel like a challenge. How do you know who you truly are when you have not experienced it in your day-to-day being-ness yet? How you come in to this word is so innocent and pure, you see. So trusting and with faith. Years, decades, later you stop to see the path you have taken and wonder where that faith went. You wonder how that innocent expectation could possibly return to you at this point, having experienced so much. Yet we are here to share with you the knowledge that it is indeed possible. The return of your faith can be felt within you. Your creations are manifesting around you so quickly now. You will come to see the time between thought, expression and witnessing as a smooth flow. It behoves you then to follow a path of insight management. A time of choosing a ‘witnessing of thought’ process. Pay attention to the way you are creating in your life at this time. Do this without criticizing who you are. You are forever a beautiful being of love and Divine presence, that is assured. Within the context of the life you are experiencing and expressing as, see yourself simply as you are currently being. How are you creating, thinking, feeling and projecting or expressing? What are you choosing and how is it interfacing with that which surrounds you? The key to new thinking, feeling, expressing and interaction is the observation and new decision. How am I doing this? What is the witness-able effect? Is it to my preference? If it is not, how can I use that knowing to determine my preferred state of being? How is the
Grains can be divided into two groups: True grains are the seeds of grasses such as barley, oats, rice, rye, millet, wheat, teff, corn, kamut, spelt and possibly wild rice. Pseudo-grains are the seeds from broadleaf plants. They include amaramth, buckwheat, chia and quinoa. Both types of grain contain some lectins. Avoiding lectins is one reason that in the Nutritional Balancing diets grain intake is limited, as are legumes. Instead, we recommend diets high in cooked vegetables, which are safe from these toxic chemicals.
part of me that is aware of a different choice perceiving the possibilities? If I know that something isn’t feeling right for me, it indicates that I do know what is in alignment. Simply being aware is a good beginning. Recognizing a part of you understands beyond what you have been living to date it’s a great boon to you. It truly has been with you all along, as the great gurus and sages have espoused over the eons. Dear Friends, begin in truly connecting with this awareness of there being a part that knows. Leaping to the stage of ‘having all the answers’ will not arise if you have not established a knowing or a sense – a faith – that you have what you have been seeking within you. Imagine how the rest will be allowed to flow smoothly when you have true belief in that connection? You have it all within you already. Use kindness with your own self in moving along the self-revealing process. We hold you in esteem and reverence for your expressions, Dear Ones. Dissipate criticism with a sense of wonder. How spectacular it can be to discover more about the depths of your being. With love and deep gratitude for your journey of being, Spirit Of All Things. Lisa Virtue is a healer and channel who delves into the inner workings of the soul. Join with her for a time of deep inner revealing. Helping you find yourself is the key to these healing arts. Connect via phone: 613-296-4271 Email: Lisa@lisaVirtue.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/Lisavirtue01 Instagram: lisavirtueyoga Web: www.LisaVirtue.com
A Hair Analysis will provide the information needed for your own personal Nutritional Balancing Program. This will drastically increase the adaptive energy of your body. Energy then becomes available for healing, regeneration and the removal of toxins. Balance the tissue minerals and keep them balanced by retesting the hair every 4 to 6 months. For more info or to book a Hair Analysis & Personalized Nutritional Balancing Program contact: The Hair Analyst - firstname.lastname@example.org
TAO CALLIGRAPHY WELLNESS Shirley Cheung and Susan McNeely Certified Tao Calligraphy Practitioners
The ancient art of Chinese calligraphy distinguishes itself from other cultural arts because it emphasizes motion and is charged with dynamic life. Chinese calligraphy is widely practiced and honoured as a way to flow universal wisdom, receive qi, and enrich life through powerful positive messages. Tao Calligraphy is a unique style of calligraphy that combines the artistic beauty of Yi Bi Zi (fully cursive script, Oneness writing) with Tao light transmissions. Every Tao Calligraphy emits frequencies and vibrations that create a field of light that can remove blockages at all levels of the soul, heart, mind and body.
If you want to know if a pear is sweet, taste it. If you want to know if Tao Calligraphy is powerful, experience it!
Shirley and Susan are Certified Tao Calligraphy Practitioners trained by Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha, sole lineage holder of Yi Bi Zi Calligraphy. They have the ability to write Tao Calligraphy healing phrases to promote healing for you, your loved ones, and pets. Tao Calligraphy writing have been used by many to cope with stress, depression, anxiety, and anger, as well as for relieving chronic pain, boosting energy, improving relationships, and more.
Tao Calligraphy Wellness email@example.com | 613 912 8072 | www.calligraphyhealing.com
Free Laughter Yoga Classes!
January 8 & 22, 2018 @ Le Patro Community Centre, 40 Cobourg St., Ottawa, 7 - 8 pm
All are welcome. We laugh for Health and Happiness
For more info call Petra @ 343.883.0608 or visit us on Facebook Ottawa Laughter Club de Rire Ottawa http://www.laughteryoga.org/ 42
January 2018 issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa. One of Canada's longest running health and wellness magazine.