Orleans Health & Wellness Expo January 30, 2016 ~ OrleansWellnessExpo.com
January 2016, Vol. 31, #5 Priceless
Devenir Naturothérapeute en Énergie?
MV Natural Healing Iridology Testimonials
• Une formation alliant enseignement, FO RMATION / TR A IN IN G pratique et application-maison. Maîtrise du Système Énergétique MD Energetic Restructuration™ • Un cheminement et des outils pratiques STAR T I NG JAN UARY 2 0 1 6 pour identifier les problèmes touchant le système énergétique et faire les soins de manière efficace et sécuritaire. • Apprentissage de la polarité; de la restructuration du système énergétiqueMD -par une manipulation énergétique afin de replacer et nettoyer la structure énergétique déplacée ou affaiblie. Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie
At Natural Healing we offer holistic care, Iridology, Nutrition, Herbal, Counselling, Reflexology and other alternative treatments.
L’énergie qui soigne le corps !
I had an accident 20 years ago in my right foot and tried reflexology because I felt my feet weren’t touching the ground. After one month of treatment, I felt my feet touching the ground and I was happy. Lise
et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N.
Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 How To Become An Efficient email@example.com Energy Practitioner And Do Restructuration Of The Energetic System™?
Through a curriculum, you will get to: • Develop and gain knowledge of your subtle sensory capacities by decoding and understanding your perceptions. • Learn comprehensive information of anatomy on the physical and the structural energetic level. • Recognize and determine the cause of imbalances and problems aﬀecting a person's system and make the necessary adjustments within a therapeutic setting. • Use and apply tools which will enhance your energetic vitality and gain a better sense of behaviors influencing interactions and energy exchange; how it applies in our role and diﬀerent areas of our lives. The teaching and the documents provided are in French but all house and school applications can be handed in English.
I went to a health fair and saw “free iris analysis” at her booth and I was curious about iridology. She used a magnifying glass and she told me that I have an issue of sigmoid, and I told her that I recently had a diagnosis of sigmoid. I’m amazed she discovered that. She recommended healthy foods to eat. Ellen
Member of RRCO organization in Canada Reflexology Registration Council of Ontario
Iridology Assessment Whole body iris analysis Follow-up appointments Reflexology treatment 30 minutes 40 minutes
$30 $105 $30 $35 $45
Covered by extended health insurance plan EHIP
For more information or to schedule a reflexology and/or iridology session, please call 613-677-4043 • firstname.lastname@example.org www.mvnaturalhealing.ca Cover ...
Calendar by Teresa Waclawik ~ email@example.com
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. January 2016 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 9,000.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Office Manager - Julie Tierney 613-979-0664 Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
e” m s ide u g rit isten. i p S l oly alk. I H t e “Th Let’s
ERS CANJOY IN ADA TO (61 PEOP 3) 5 LE’ 91- S HE 186 AR TS. 0
In his book, “Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man”, James Joyce, depicted the character, Stephen Dedalus, as being capable of supra-consciousness and Joyce called this trait “cosmic zoom”. Freud was heavily influenced by n 1915, Sigmund Freud explicitly Plato, Aristotle and Hippocrates. condemned the word, “subs ess n l He was intrigued by the concept l conscious”. He clearly indicated we k o of Psyche in which an individual i that there is no “subterranean sm n f r is totally immersed in their u consciousness”. He posited that i environment. It is virtually we are either conscious OR NOT. x impossible to be depressed, anxious, iety When we are not aware that we are s alienated or feel detached when one elf-esteem fully conscious he called that the is totally connected with everything. “unconscious” or “pre-conscious” t There is then literally no “inside” weigh state. and “outside”. The ancient Greeks Many New Age practitioners, COUNSELLING, COACHING used the purple ergot fungus from and particularly hypnotherapists, & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE barley crops to make a low dose erroneously believe and espouse that hallucinogenic. Richard M. Haney it is important to get in touch with Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist This was the earliest use of LSD. this fictitious projection dubbed the At many of the 400 asklepions, or (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 “sub-conscious”. healing centres, across Greece this Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. Many practitioners take a few ergot was used in ritual initiations www.ottawahypnosis.com brief courses in psychology or www.ottawacounselling.com to give the participants a “taste” hypnotherapy and then put up a of the supra-conscious experience. shingle proclaiming that they can This was done only in the initial phases help you understand and assimilate your of Spiritual growth and then the drug was “sub-conscious”. discontinued. Like Freud, I purged this word from my For Freud and his contemporaries, the speech and all my articles many, many years drug of choice was cocaine rather than ago. When I first heard of it in high school, ergot or LSD. Unlike cocaine, LSD is nonI felt that it was mechanistic and false. Only addictive. In his day, Freud, and countless in recent years did I learn that Freud himself others, became constant users of cocaine. totally rejected this concept. In 1884, Freud wrote a paper called “On I share with my Partners in Healing Coca” in which he raved about the virtues (clients) that there are four levels of of cocaine. His colleague, Dr. Koller, also consciousness: extolled the wonderful effects of cocaine. Simple-Consciousness – The lowest level of Perhaps cocaine was the “top secret” original ingredient consciousness of all animals, except human beings. in the first “coca cola” elixirs? The “real thing”, eh? There is no “cellar” below it! We now know how to attain supra-consciousness Self-Consciousness - We humans have had this and generally stay in Psyche without ergot, cocaine, UNIQUE mutation take place in our early evolution. etc. If we stay radically present and master the art of No other animal has attained this ability to reflect upon total acceptance of all situations and events, we are then itself and to utilize choice. fairly close to nirvana. Staying in this state is probably Super-Consciousness - This is the TEMPORARY the greatest challenge. I truly wish and hope that you state of consciousness that is induced by drugs, alcohol experience this wonderful state of supra-consciousness and chemicals. Note that superman inevitably “crashes” without addictive drugs! Namaste............ whenever he gets near kryptonite. The same is true for Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. all artificial stimulants. For example, cocaine users, or (Counselling and Mediation) “wizards”, ALWAYS crash. Supra-Consciousness - This is the state of being Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, nearly continuously aware of being fully conscious. It is Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the Theta State or Enlightenment. It is what Plato, Aristotle past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard and Hippocrates called Psyche. Psyche is the whole please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to: cosmos holographically connected. email@example.com
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization
HEALTH CANADA APPROVED
Traditional Herbal Medicine
Immune System Support *
Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman®
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
Proprietary Herbal Formula Gluten Free cGMP Compliance Trusted Worldwide Since 1922 Made only in Canada Exported Worldwide
Toronto January 24-25 Peterborough February 20-21 Ottawa (Almonte) March 5-6 Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org, 905 430-4953 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
NPN 80012920 NPN 80012914
Doctors Recommend Available at: Health Stores & Pharmacies
Past Life Regression
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEITS!
Take a Journey and Heal at a Soul Level
ESSIAC® Canada International P.O. Box 23155, Ottawa, Ont., Canada K2A 4E2 Tel. : (613) 729-9111 · Fax : (613) 729-9555 E-mail : email@example.com
Book a Session 613.864.4724
* FULL TEXT COPYRIGHT © 2013, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
AUTHORIZED USER OF ESSIAC TRADEMARK
www.MonicaDumont.com Email: Contact@MonicaDumont.com
January 2016 RES-6488 Tone 1/2 Page Vertical no bleed Essiac.indd Description:
1/2 TONE MAGAZINE AD
Docket: RES- 6988
2013-07-16 12:15 PM
6 Ways to Change Your Behaviour
o you sometimes feel as if you don’t have enough control over your life? Since our lives are the result of our long-term behaviours, you can regain control by making positive changes to your patterns. Here are some strategies that will make it easier to change your behaviours and allow more control over your experiences: • Make the new behaviour as enjoyable as possible. For instance, you might dislike exercising, but if you could find a way to make it more enjoyable, you would take part more often in this healthy activity. Maybe you could exercise with a friend or discover a new form of exercise that you enjoy. • The more agreeable the new task is to you, the more likely you are to do it. • Make a list of the positive benefits you’ll get. By making a list, you’ll begin to see the task in a more positive light. Come up with as many benefits as you can and keep that list in plain view. • For example, perhaps you feel like you should eat more nutritiously. Some of the positive aspects of healthier eating might include: • I’ll feel better. • My clothes will fit better. • I’ll enjoy more vibrant health. • I’ll feel a sense of pride. • Make the decision. Just decide that you’re going to do it; often that’s the hardest part. Making a decision is the first step to accomplishment. Until that point, you’re really just wishing. • Control your thoughts. If you focus on how much you don’t like doing something, it will be much more difficult to get yourself to do it. Try to catch yourself before you get too far down that road. When a negative thought like this comes up, substitute a new thought from the list you made in step #2. • The more incentive you have, the more likely you are to be successful. • For example, if you spend all your time focused on how good you’re going to look after eating well for three months, your odds of success go up considerably. On the other hand, if you spend all your time thinking negatively, what do you think the outcome will be? • Reward yourself afterwards. A wee reward can go a long way. So, after a new behaviour has taken root, do something nice for yourself. More importantly, be proud of yourself for following through on any behaviour that improves your life.
• Be diligent. While getting started is often the most difficult part, it can be easy to backslide if you get distracted and stop paying attention. Every day, review how you did. How successful were you with exhibiting the new behaviour? Each moment you spend measuring your progress serves as a daily reminder. This will help solidify the behaviour. Changing behaviours can be challenging, but it can improve your life in the long-term. Examine which behaviours you might want to alter to take your life to the next level, and then apply the process I’ve laid out above. Be patient with yourself - you may have been doing something a certain way for many years. Some things will take time to change, but you can do it!! Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www. WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
HEALING OTTAWA REIKI Usui Reiki, Integrative Energy Therapy, Chakra Balancing, Beginner Meditation & more. Call 613-204-9092 or visit our website at: www.healingottawareiki.com
WINTER SPECIAL $125 for 10 CLASSES CLASSES NEVER EXPIRE!
200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Elizabeth Whissell & Garrett Plumley
A unique 6-month program to better suit your schedule Tuesday Evenings at UDYC ~ January 12 to June 26, 2016 AND 2 Immersion Weekends ~ January 15-17 & June 24-26 Retreats
SPIRITPAINTING.COM 613-266-8063 251 Dalhousie st. 613.241.9642 Easter Workshops February Exhibition at Green Door Opening Feb 4/13 6:00-
S G NG TIIN NT AIIN PA TP RIIT PIIR SP
W or k s h op s
w ww ww w..ssppiirriittppaaiinnttiinngg..ccoom m 661133--226666--88006633
Feb. 27: Basic Workshop Feb. 28: Practitioner Workshop April 8: Advanced Workshop April 9: Instructor Workshop See website for details www.spiritpainting.com
Chant to Serve, Heal, and Transform all Life By Master Lynda Chaplin To chant is to serve. To chant is to heal, rejuvenate, and transform all life. For thousands of years, singing or chanting mantras has been one of the most powerful methods of spiritual practice and development. Chanting can greatly benefit all aspects of life because it removes blockages on the level of soul, heart, mind, and body. Soul blockages are negative karma. Heart blockages include selfishness, greed, all kinds of desires, and more. Mind blockages include negative mind-sets, attitudes, ego, attachments, and more. Body blockages include energy and matter blockages. There are two ways to chant: silently and aloud. Chanting silently vibrates the smaller cells and spaces in the body; it is yin chanting. Chanting aloud vibrates the bigger cells and spaces: it is yang chanting. Both ways are correct. You may choose to do one or the other or both. Always chant silently when lying down so as not to drain your qi (energy). The one-sentence secret of chanting is:
Go into the divine condition. Give yourself fully to the mantra or Divine Soul Song. Become the mantra. For example, when you chant Love, Peace and Harmony, you become the presence of love, peace and harmony on Mother Earth.
What you chant is what you become.
Change yourself, change the world ...
Chant Love, Peace and Harmony Download FREE MP3! Divine Soul Song Love, Peace and Harmony LovePeaceHarmonyMovement.org When many people join hearts and souls together to chant and meditate, this automatically creates a powerful field for healing and transformation. We become what we chant, so as we chant to create world love, peace and harmony, each of us is transforming the message we carry within. Master Lynda Chaplin Worldwide Representative of Master Sha
Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha
Honour Your Ancestors
Saturday-Sunday, January 9–10, 10 am–6 pm
$85, includes one guest pass (in person or by live webcast) Master Sha Tao Healing Centre Toronto • 416.609.2777 Your ancestors are a significant part of your soul journey. They paved the way for your current life circumstances. Discover some of this fascinating history through soul communication and honour it through special practices and special blessings. This ancient wisdom will deeply enhance your life. Master Lynda Chaplin • 647.654.7711 • Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com Meetup.com/MasterShaSoulHealing-Ottawa • Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa
Master Healer and Spiritual Teacher
Heal and transform the soul first; then healing and transformation of every aspect of life will follow. – Master Zhi Gang Sha New York Times Bestselling Author!
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
Love Peace Harmony Movement Visit www.LovePeaceHarmonyMovement.org to download the Divine Soul Song Love, Peace and Harmony FREE MP3 and learn how you can become an ambassador for the Love Peace Harmony Movement. When many people join hearts and souls together to chant and meditate, this automatically creates a powerful field. As you chant to create world love, peace and harmony, you are transforming the message you carry within. The lyrics of Love, Peace and Harmony are:
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
I love my heart and soul I love all humanity Join hearts and souls together Love, peace and harmony Love, peace and harmony Master Sha’s Soul Healing Miracles™ Chanting Channel Master Sha’s Soul Healing Miracles™ Chanting Channel is Heaven’s Divine Temple through the Internet. Every time the channel is open on your computer, a Divine Field is created, and healing and transformation begins. Join the Chanting Channel at www.TV.DrSha.com. Pledge to chant for at least fifteen minutes every day. Chant with others from around the world and join a worldwide movement spreading love, peace and harmony.
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
Master Lynda Chaplin is a Divine Channel, Disciple and Worldwide Representative of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha, renowned Tao Master Healer, spiritual teacher, and Source Channel. Master Lynda offers soul healing blessings for any condition, personal consultations, and workshops in Ottawa. Contact Master Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
(613) 731-4901 9
A Spiritual Vision For 2016 By Rev. Roxanne Buckle, Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa
Happy New Year, or as we like to say in Unity, Happy New YOU!
nity’s 3rd principle is through our thoughts and feelings we create our physical reality, or, it’s done to me as I believe (and beliefs are a pattern of repeated thought). This principle suggests that if we don’t like what’s creating in our experience, we need to get to work changing our thoughts about it. Right? Depending on where we are in consciousness at any moment, we’ll find that statement either empowering (wow! it’s up to me) or scary (what! it’s up to me?). At Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa, we celebrate the birth of the Divine Presence within each of us along with the 12 Divine Powers at Christmas. As the old year ends, we hold a Burning Bowl Ceremony where we release what doesn’t serve us; those old negative thoughts and feelings. Now, we embrace the heavy lifting, the work to align our human nature with our Spiritual Nature. This is the big realm of unlimited possibilities and new thoughts about the limitless potential for our health, our relationships, our financial prosperity and our creative expression. On the first Sunday of 2016, we each meditated on a word or a phrase that will guide us throughout the year as we each do our work to cultivate our Unity Vision of
Reiki Reflexology Reconnective Healing® ACIM www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
~ Sunday Celebration at 10:30 a.m. ~ Our Kids in Unity program welcomes children ages 3-12 for a joy-filled learning experience. ~ OM Hour Meditation (last Wednesday of the month 7-8 p.m.) Location: The Good Companions Centre (670 Albert St) For more information go to unityottawa.org or call us 613-700-6489 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org We are an inclusive, joy-filled community celebrating Oneness. All are Welcome! creating an awakened world, celebrating Oneness. My words for previous years have included “Freedom”, “Acceptance” and “Peace”, powerful reminders that anchor me to my vision. Having a vision and following it—despite the appearances of ill health, disharmony and financial challenges—takes a tremendous amount of courage and fortitude. It means that we are looking to change the status quo, that we see something different from what others see, and we dare to pursue it. Vision is all about calling forth into expression our power of imagination for what is possible. Join us to sing, pray and learn about this regularly. (excerpted from a Sunday Lesson by Rev. Roxanne Buckle, Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa. unityottawa.org)
1 full hour intuitive readings
Also available as gift certificates for Christmas giving. Why not create a spiritual tradition of your own? Learn how to write for sacred circles, celebrations and ceremonies. Classes start January 2016 For more information e-mail: email@example.com or visit: http://willowmariewrites.com
Erin Lamont is a registered massage therapist (RMT) and owner of Therapeutic Effects Massage Therapy located in the Village Clinic. www.therapeuticeffects.ca 613-797-5481
• emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
An article by Lynne Cardinal n our busy lives we tend to be absorbed mainly on the mind level. Because of this focus we may feel somewhat disconnected from our body, ungrounded. Yet, the benefits of being grounded are numerous. For example, we feel more present, balanced, our mind is clearer and calmer. Our mind is usually quite busy, thinking, planning, and often worrying. This “busyness” generates a lack of balance, and repercussions on all levels: we may not sleep well, or we may eat too much, worry too much, or simply feel disconnected. When we aren’t fully grounded, our body and mind are weaker and cannot handle stress with the same capacity. Being grounded also has a powerful energetic balancing effect on the level of our mind and emotions. We feel more present as the body is calming. The question to be asked then is why in the first place are we disconnected from our core? Many uncomfortable situations make us want to escape the present moment. So we find solace in any way we can, and often that is to disconnect. As a result, in our base there resides the residue of a past that was uncomfortable or painful, and as a habit we remain ungrounded, disconnected. To heal our past, and develop calmness and groundedness, hypnosis is a great tool to heal and shift perspectives
and habit patterns. Accessing our deeper mind we can truly heal, release and develop new habits. Meditation also, when done properly, helps to be more grounded and present.
We are starting our next group meditation classes on Tuesday January 19th, 2016. Meeting weekly we explore various techniques and this inspires regularity in our practice. I also offer private sessions. For more details just contact me at 613.721.7888 Lynne Cardinal is a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has studied extensively with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation. She is also certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been teaching meditation for over 40 years. * GIFT CERTIFICATES available. www.kaivalya.ca firstname.lastname@example.org In person and Skype sessions are available to clients. Lynne has offered Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors for over 30 years. * Insurance receipts are available.
301 Bank Street, Ottawa 613-567-4444 planetbotanix.com
Healing From the Core
Rev. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher, healer
here are many reasons we don’t get over our emotional issues. Probably the biggest reason is that we think we don’t have problems--- it is everyone else’s fault. If only they wouldn’t do this___, then I wouldn’t feel this and act this way”. We can’t fix what we won’t acknowledge. Not recognizing we have destructive tendencies and limiting patterns will not make them go away. To be healed, issues must be accepted with grace and humility and brought to the surface for healing. It is very difficult to be objective about ourselves. This is why counsellors can be so helpful. They can, with impartial clarity, help shine the light on the places where we are stuck. Another reason we don’t fully heal even if we have courageously tackled some of our issues is that we have not found where the issue started, not gotten to the core. It is generally somewhere between birth and age 8 where we in some way felt deprived, unloved, ignored, made to feel inadequate, shamed or made to feel guilty.. This was not done intentionally as parents generally do the best they can. Sometimes that best is not good enough to give children the feeling that they are unconditionally loved. That is what we experience before we left God/ Home and that is what we wanted to receive from our parents here to feel whole and complete. When working on a painful and limiting emotional issue it is imperative that we the first time when it happened. Even if you were pre-verbal that memory is there and can be shared if we request it. In the Inner Child work we access our emotional body by connecting with the wounded, hurt, angry and frightened child within who longs to talk to us, longs for love, comfort and understanding. We can become the unconditionally loving parent to our little child within and literally recreate childhood, healing painful memories and releasing those that are fun, carefree and loving. They are inside as well, wishing to be expressed, but suffocated by the more prevalent and domineering hurtful memories. By communicating with and offering love to that precious child within, your inner child, your emotional self, can release the pain, fear and anger and remember how to laugh, dance, sing and play as we all did at one time or another as children. Your commitment to love, honour, respect and cherish your inner child will bring you a joy and freedom you could never have imagined. As well as specializing in it as a counsellor, I have used it on myself for 25 years and the results are amazing in terms of the amount of joy I have created and allowed in my life.
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant email@example.com www. sherryharriscounselling.com 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available Working in tandem with the Inner Child Work is the amazing Theta Healing® which also gets to the core by going back to the childhood patterns creating our limiting beliefs. In Theta Healing® the practitioner is the bridge between the client and The Creator Of All That Is from the 7th Plane of Existence bringing instant and permanent healing to the core issues discovered in our digging process. In all my years of counselling I have never found anything this quick and powerful. If you are determined to heal a nagging issue that has caused you problems for years, this is the approach I most recommend. I personally have been thrilled by the results Theta Healing® offers. You may contact Sherry at 613-236-8852 or by email a firstname.lastname@example.org. My receipts are reimbursable by most insurance providers. I welcome a 15 minute consultation call to determine if you would be a good candidate for the Inner Child Work or Theta Healing® or both. Look forward to hearing from you. Sessions may be done in person, by phone or Skype. As I am an intuitive counsellor my choice is--- in person, but all are effective.
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
New Knowledge For A New Year
t’s traditional to make New Year resolutions, usually resolving to do something like lose weight or stop smoking. This year, why not decide once and for all to learn something about family law, especially the law around separation and divorce? Even after working as a mediator in the family law field for almost 37 years I am still surprised at the amount of false family law information out there. Whether this is due to watching American TV shows, or simply listening to a friend describe (inaccurately) what happened to someone they know who separated, there seems to be an abundance of inaccurate information floating around. If knowledge is power, then there are a lot of powerless people dealing with separation and divorce in Ottawa. In the spirit of the season, I will be hosting a FREE two – hour family law seminar at the end of January when I will be talking about the law of Ontario as it relates to separation and divorce. Some of the topics I will be covering include: -parenting issues after separation -is joint custody always best for children? -dividing up assets and debts -special treatment of the matrimonial home -how pensions get divided upon separation -the effect of gifts and inheritances -spousal support (how much? and how long?) -is the law different for common – law couples? -child support -separation agreements -marriage contracts -cohabitation agreements -getting a divorce -mediation as a process This seminar is for anyone interested in knowing more about family law, but it may be of particular interest to two groups of people: 1. Couples who are thinking of separating. This is a time when many couples feel most vulnerable to fears and anxieties around their children and their financial arrangements. I have found that even a little accurate knowledge goes a long way towards easing these fears. 2. Mental health professionals who work with separating individuals. Knowledge of the basics of the laws that deal with separation and divorce may be useful in understanding patients’ concerns. I will provide useful handouts to all registrants. I will also leave ample time for a Q & A session at the end,
• 34 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: email@example.com
613.237.7335 and I won’t leave until everyone has had their questions answered! There will be a choice of two presentation dates: Friday, January 29, 6:30 – 8:30 pm OR Saturday, January 30, 9:30 – 11:30 am. If you are interested in attending, please send me an email and I will reply with the location of the seminar in downtown Ottawa. Better knowledge of family law? Now that’s a resolution to keep! Happy New Year, everyone! Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
Divine Will for 2016 and Beyond by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
e have forces on the earth right now that are counting on humanity to stop paying attention to the fine print so to speak. They would prefer that we not watch for the discrepancies and misalignments with truth. The deception and distraction that they use to try to capture our minds are configured to ensure that nothing so detrimental happens that it makes them visible, while at the same time they can decidedly move forward in their plan. Let’s look at the migrant crisis as an example. While it’s absolutely possible that this situation will bring many people together and unite different cultures, religions, and states of consciousness, it is also being used to induce mass fear. The message about the Muslim world is misleading. It is a manipulation of the energies to ensure that many do not ask with discernment, “Who or what created the situations from which the refugees flee?” The term “false flag” refers to a covert operation that is intentionally designed to deceive and divert our attention away from those who actually planned and executed an event, by blaming another entity, group or nation and making it appear as though it was carried out by them. The false flags that abound now, including last November’s Paris attacks, serve as triggers of trauma timelines to keep playing out the same agenda so that the NAA (negative alien agenda) can keeping feeding upon these chaos and fear energies. These false flags are designed to trick the mind into believing that our reality is beyond repair and the only response is stricter controls on our freedom. This is the problemreaction-solution formula that the controllers use. However, we can override these timelines by aligning with Divine will…..For the full article, please visit www.melindaurban.com or www.tone.ca.
Is your ego will overriding your Divine will? I specialize in clearing stubborn limiting patterns. We can bring you freedom with Divine healing of your 12-dimensional self and clearing from the root level. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
www.MelindaUrban.com 15 years of intuitive healing experience: integrating holographic multidimensional ascension clearing, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, and vocal healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. Appointments in person or by phone 613-253-2888.
55 Burnhamthorpe Crescent Toronto, ON Canada M9A 1G6
Copyright 2016 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
Everyone Is Afraid of Love
veryone is afraid of love. You’ve experienced this scary, vulnerable love when you first met that person and fell madly in love. You certainly feel this kind of love if you are a parent. Some nights, I lie down beside my daughter and I watch her sleep. I am totally overwhelmed with love for her. And sometimes I get scared. I think, “Oh my God, I hope nothing ever happens to her...I hope she’s always safe and loved and healthy and happy.” And amidst these thoughts, the fear comes up. Deep, deep love can do that. When the fear comes up, we tend to contract. We collapse, energetically. This is what fear does to us. When you are hit with those overwhelming and tremendous feelings of love, walk into it with an open heart. Keep your heart open even in the face of that fear. Let that love permeate your cells, your blood, your organs, your mind, your everything. This is what enlightenment is. Not allowing the illusions of fracture and loss and betrayal to overshadow us. No. It is to allow that grand love within us to overshadow EVERYTHING. It is to take that fearful voice inside of you and bring it into your heart and expand it. We expand it into love. The truth is, we can never ‘get rid’ of anything. Nothing. Nada. But we have the ability to transform anything. And that is what we agreed to do when we came here. We agreed to see our shit for what it is: Shit. Nonsense. EGO. And we agreed and actually brought the strength with us to transform it. We don’t transform through intellectual processes. Sorry folks. It would be so easy to do it that way, wouldn’t it? We could just plop down in the nearest shrink’s office (not to diminish shrinks...there are some wonderful ones out there) and analyze and intellectualize the shit out of our neuroses. But we’d walk out with the same neuroses that we came in with. The key to this is transformation. We take our fears - in this case, our fears of love (and I’ll be honest with you...it’s the only fear that actually exists) and we look it square in the eye. We really, really look at it. We have compassion and...wait for it...love, for these unconscious parts of us, and we thank them for coming to teach us. And then we gather that fearful energy and bring it into our hearts. We allow the largeness and the allencompassing nature of our hearts to literally cleanse and transform these fears. In other words, we bring LOVE to the fear. This is an organic process that, when done with sincerity and total surrender, complete transformation takes place. I’ve written before about an experience that I had with this. About 6 years ago, I went through
a depression. I had never been depressed before and was taken aback at how defeated and sad and numb I felt. As an energy healer, I proceeded to pull out every tool in my toolkit in order to attempt to fix this depression. I just wanted it to go away. One day, I was sitting alone in my house and I felt that familiar sadness bubble up. I started to feel hysterical, trying to figure out how to make it all go away. This voice inside of me said, “Stop Ann. Just let it bubble up.” So I did. I sank right into the feeling that was, once again, overwhelming me. I sank and I sank and I sank. I was no longer fighting it. I literally felt myself go down into a place within myself that I had never quite touched. And when I got there, the most curious thing happened. I fell into bliss. In the total surrender of the sadness (and in surrendering, I was loving myself completely) it completely transformed into bliss. The depression never returned. That doesn’t mean that I still don’t have upsetting moments or days, even. I still struggle with certain aspects of myself and I still question myself all the time. But the depression has never returned. And most days I am able to make contact with that space where bliss resides, even if for a moment. So take your fears and be willing to transform them into something infinite and conscious and loving. I believe that is what our fears have come to do. They are invitations to return to love. “When I was 7 years old I got really, really sick. I would be sick for the next 20 years. Conventional medicine could only help me to manage my symptoms. I was looking for a way out. I knew there were other options. Over the next decade (and to this day) I have completely transformed my health and my mindset. I learned how to release old, unrelenting trauma. I saw that this body and mind of mine were completely moldable. Nothing was written in stone. In fact, being sick for so long was like an invitation to come and see what was possible. I changed my mind, changed my diet and stepped into my fullest potential. I’m still working, overcoming, fine-tuning. It’s my favorite pastime. I’ve been there. And now I’m here. Wanna join me?” Ann creates a warm and empathic space for people looking to make serious internal and lifestyle changes. She works with people energetically and nutritionally. Ann sees clients one on one, either by Skype or in person in Carp ON. Ann can be contacted at (613) 218-6899 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please visit her website at: www.thenourishedsoul.ca
Creating the Foundation for Good Health By: Judy Spence, RN, ND(QC)
am sure you expect me to tell you that the foundation of good health is eating right, sleeping well and taking vitamins and supplements, as needed, and you would not be far wrong. These are without question some very necessary tools in the nature’s medicine cabinet. However, based on my over 35 years of experience and training, I, as many of my colleagues will tell you to get on top of microbes that may be weakening you various systems, like muscular-skeletal, glandular, digestive and immune systems. Microbes that we carry within may inflame the joints (yeasts, viruses, Lyme’s disease, etc.), cause ulcers (H. Pylori), over-grow and cause leaky gut, cause toe nails to get thick and horny and curl, cause eczema, cause turmoil (dopamine) with one’s moods by interfering with neurotransmitter formation (c.difficile, yeasts) and can cause juvenile diabetes (Coxsacki, EV68), dandruff and itchy scalp (yeasts) and can lead to cancer formation. The majority of people who come to see have been suffering from weeks to months and in many cases for years. The majority of people whether they are coming to see me for allergy, or for pain and other chronic conditions have underlying yeast issues as a result from too much sugar in their diet, as over-growth from antibiotic use or from a lack of probiotics in their diet. Whereas some viruses are aggressive and cause overt cold and flu symptoms, others are retro viruses and remain in the body for years causing damage to tissues like the joints behind the scene, so to speak. Parasites can kill and some can remain in the body for years or decades causing chronic ailments. Bacteria tend to be aggressive and will cause acute issues and yet, those like the spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi can remain active in your body for decades and like its cousin, tuberculosis, this bacterium can corkscrew its way into different organs causing symptoms based on the organ (brain, joints, etc.) that it infects. We suggest to our patients that they consider cleansing their bowels with coffee enemas or to see a hydro colon therapist for a few sessions and to consider herbal tinctures and other supplements that are appropriate for their particular situation and that they re-populate their digestive tract with probiotics. In this way, they are able to create a strong foundation for health. As the New Year is upon us, there is no time like the present to get your intestinal house in order. At the NAET Clinics of Ottawa and of the Outaouais, I use computerized testing to assess the health of the organ-meridians and to determine what supplements
NAET CLINIC of OTTAWA
assure you are the best you can be
We offer: Computerized Testing, NAET, BioSet, TCM Diagnosis, Acupuncture, Auricular Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Lymph Drainage, Hypnosis, Hypno-acupuncture, Detoxification We treat: Allergy (Foods, Pollens, Chemicals), ADD, ADHD, CFS, FM, MCS, Digestive Disorders, Headache, Infertility, Insomnia, Microbials, Pain & Spasm, Toxicity, Addiction, Stress We provide: Computer Reports, Treatment Plans, Specialty Lab Tests, Referrals, Receipts, VISA/MC Judy Spence RN, ND (QC) Ottawa (Highland Park) 536 Dovercourt Ave 613 728-2579
www.naetottawa.com free parking
Gerry Spence R.Ac. Gatineau (Hull) 71 boul St. Raymond 819-661-1061
are needed to improve organ and system functioning. If they prefer lab testing, I will discuss their various options for specialized lab testing. Once we correct for issues that have been weakening the foundation of one’s health, we then work on e boosting one’s ability to fight microbes competently oneself. Contact the NAET Clinic Ottawa (613) 728-2579 or NAET Outaouais (819) 661-1061, www. naetottawa.com for an appointment. Wishing all our readers a very Happy and Healthy New Year.
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic
Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops.
Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot card reader * Happy New Year * Start a New You with the New Year, it’s ALL ABOUT YOU. I can help you relax, letting go, moving forward and physically as well such as weight loss, more energy, etc … Please feel free to contact me, I can bring peace to your overall wellbeing. I look forward hearing from you. Email: email@example.com
Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details. Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional wounds. www.ottawacounselling.com
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.Ac, R.TCMP (Acupuncturist and Herbalist) Trained in the art of classical Chinese medicine, Tracey applies her modality to address not only symptoms, but also the root cause of issues so that you can move on to a healthier you! Treatments are customized to your individual patterns. Specialties include pain, women’s health, autoimmune, respiratory, digestive and mental health. Visit www.tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more info.
Patty Chevalier Samm Patty is a medical intuitive, ThetaHealing Instructor and Reiki Master. While looking at physical issues, limiting beliefs and thoughts, and blocks in the flow of life-force energy, Patty works intuitively with you to create change for the body, mind and spirit. Individual sessions and workshops are available. Visit www.keyahealth.com Avi Davies Thai Yoga massage is an ancient form of body work that combines rhythmic motion, energy line balancing, and gentle stretching into a comprehensive healing modality. Thai massage is excellent for postural issues, improving circulation, and for feeling at ease in your body. Avi has been practicing Thai massage since 2006. avi.davies@ gmail.com Christina Hearns Christina is the owner of Namaste My Friends and is a yoga instructor, reiki practitioner, chakra reader, crystal healer and channeller. 3 sessions available between 6 and 9 pm Thursday evenings at Planet Botanix. nmfyoga@ gmail.com Shanna Lynn R.H.N Registered holistic nutritionist I provide a holistic approach to proper nutrition encourages education on basic nutrition to develop a holistic diet that incorporates natural and organic foods, natural supplements to support most health conditions. I offer care and support in a non-judgement environment and work to bring you back to health.
World Hypnotism Day Charity Event For The Ottawa Food Bank To Benefit Smoker's & Overweight People of Ottawa
ttawa, Ontario– January 4th, 2016, the 3rd World Hypnotism Day in Ottawa will take place. And with New Year resolutions facing us, the timing is perfect for World Hypnotism Day. Learn how to beat the Resolution Blues and succeed at your goals.
& workshops helping people to stop smoking & lose weight and clearing the air and removing the myths and misconceptions of hypnotism while explaining the many benefits it brings. Proceeds from the events will be going to the Ottawa Food Bank. The popularity and benefits of hypnotism increases daily as we have read and heard the headlines in Newsweek, Good Housekeeping, Canadian Living, Shape, O Magazine and on popular syndicated television shows. Now it’s time to come out and learn more about how hypnotism can help you, especially for your New Years resolutions. For further information, interview or WHD events in the Ottawa area, please contact:
World Hypnotism Day has proven to be one of the most impressive displays of professionalism and sharing of knowledge and skills by hypnotists around the world. Ottawa hypnotist Dr Luke M. Howard will be giving talks, interviews,
Dr Luke M Howard , 613-8785874, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.lukensois.com
“I Can Make YouStop Stop Smoking in One Hour”Hour” “I Can Make You Smoking in One If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
The Power of Symbolism and Allegory
Who is the Egyptian Lion Goddess Sekhmet?
ekhmet is very misunderstood. She is a Warrior archetype; Goddess of Destruction, the most feared in all of Africa. Africa is the cradle of all of civilization which means that all pale skinned Caucasians actually all descent from the Black race, from the mother Black land, Kemet (Egypt) so Sekhmet resonates deep within the molecular structure of our DNA, no matter the color of our skin, culture, gender, orientation, or religious beliefs. It is true that She is Mistress of Dread and Lady of Slaughter. She was born through a bursting flame that came out from the Eye of RA (the Sun). Sekhmet was sent to earth by the Gods to clean up and restore the Balance of Ma’at. Aside from being a Warrior, She is also Hunter. Guardian. Mother. Daughter. Eye of the Sun and Arbiter of Justice.
merging as one whole. Wholeness, derives from the word “Wholistic” or “Holistic,” and comes from the Greek word “Holos.” Meaning: seeing reality as composed of integrated wholes, whose properties cannot be reduced to smaller units. Sekhmet, the Alchemical Purifier is the embodiment of wholeness. She may be a dark archetype but She is not negative Sekhmet is in service to Truth and restores the Balance of Ma’at within and without, which corresponds to Law Order Justice and Truth and, wholeness is the definition of the Alchemical Marriage.
Interested in Inner-Alchemy?
Alchemical gatherings starting February 8th This alchemical container is about peeling layers as we journey to make contact with the deeper levels of consciousness. We gather to honour our darkness in service to our greatness, to attune with our highest selves and with one another, to transmute our lead into purest gold, and to celebrate the beauty of our accomplishments. Lead = ego/ story/ blockages/ limitations Gold = illumination/ self realization/ self mastery.
Sekhmet represents an alchemical catalyst within us and as solar deity Her only purpose is to purify by fire, to destroy illusion (ego) in order to live in Truth. Just like Shiva, Durga or Kali in the Hindu tradition, Sekhmet destroys what does not serve us. She burns away the toxic impurities in our minds and hearts. Since Sekhmet represents transformation/alchemy, purification/fertilization, and regeneration/renewal She is also connected to the fiery Life Force called Kundalini energy, and we bathed in Kundalini energy for nine months in neonatal. I am shining light onto Sekhmet because She is rising within our collective consciousness in many ways. We see Her presence in the synchronicity we’ve been living in Canada since the election of October 2015. We are privileged to be witnessing such a positive wave never seen before in the history of politics. Have you noticed that Justin Trudeau chooses to mirror collaborative and transparent leadership? He chose a gender Balanced cabinet, and he chooses to implicate Sophie, his spouse, as much as possible. This reflects alchemical balance. Gender balance corresponds to the Yin and Yang symbol, which indicate two equal opposite parts
$20 pre-pay to RSVP Next dates: Mar 8, Apr 7, May 6 • 7-10 PM 15 participants Gatineau (20 minutes from the market) Questions, RSVP, address, and car pooling system contact me via email@example.com Visit FB for more: SekhmetTempleofFire or KobraKundaBreathProgram Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/870775209696372 Sabrina Steczko is Author of The Alchemy of Breathing, a Brain Potential Expert, a Health & Wellness Coach, a Teacher of Inner-Alchemy, a Conference Leader, the Creator of Sekhmet’s Kobra Kunda Breath Program, and the Founder of Sekhmet’s Temple of Fire.
Bell’s Palsy and Acupuncture By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
Happy New Year - Feliz ano novo! 開けましておめでとうございます! akemashite omedetou gozaimasu! from Church of Perfect Liberty
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
ell’s palsy is a condition where the nerve that controls the facial muscles becomes swollen or compressed, causing sudden facial paralysis or weakness on one side of the face and making it difficult to smile or close the eye on the affected side. Symptoms may include facial droop and difficulty with facial expressions, pain behind or in front of the ear on the affected side, sounds that seem louder on the affected side, headaches, loss of taste, and changes in the amount of tears and saliva the body produces. The nerve that controls the facial muscles passes through a narrow corridor of bone on its way to the face. With Bell’s palsy, this nerve becomes inflamed and swollen, usually from infection with a virus, and gets pinched in this tight corridor. The most common virus that causes Bell’s palsy is herpes simplex, the virus that causes cold sores. Western medical treatment may include medications such as corticosteroids or antiviral drugs, exercise and massage, and in very rare cases, surgery to relieve the pressure on the facial nerve. It’s also very important to protect the eye on the affected side, using eye drops and eye salves to prevent the eye from drying out and causing permanent damage. Chinese medicine (TCM) takes a slightly different approach to Bell’s palsy. Bell’s palsy can arise when the body is left vulnerable because of what we call a qi-energy deficiency. Our qi-energy is what powers all of our body’s normal functions, and a shortage of qi-energy naturally will have an effect on our body’s ability to function at its optimum health. A qi-energy vacuity is a pattern that develops slowly over time, and can be caused by lifestyle factors that deplete the body, such as a diet of incorrect foods, overwork, or chronic stress. Acupuncture can offer Bell’s palsy sufferers a quicker and more complete recovery. Treatment promotes the flow of qi-energy and blood to relieve the rigidity and paralysis of the facial muscles and to supply them with a sufficient flow of energy and blood for healing.
Wow did the past year go by quickly or what?? Already, here we are in 2016. Soon we will be entering the new lunar year. We here in the church, wish each and every one of you, a year of prosperity, good health, and much happiness. We are all on our own unique spiritual journey. PL always encourages our spiritual growth. We would like to also remind you that one does not have to give up another faith to become a member of PL. In our church here in Ottawa, we have many faiths. In PL we are working for world peace and we believe that to achieve it. All religions should be tolerant of one another and work together in harmony. We are always available for any questions you may have. We look forward to meeting you during the coming year.Learn to enjoy living each moment as you exist here and now. Church of Perfect Liberty 1010 Hunt Club Rd., Ottawa. • 613-225-1850 Follow my blog, http://dymoonblog.com
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
In Ottawa area serving Ontario & Western Quebec
AILEEN MCKENNA Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
Debbie Danbrook am a musician who specializes in music for healing, meditation, relaxation and also music that helps to open, clear and balance our chakras and our energy field. I was recently approached by a University of Toronto student with an interesting question: “How do you differentiate between the performance of classical music and your work with the Shakuhachi flute? I am interested in writing about musicians involved in healing performing.” This is a huge question that really digs deep into what Healing Music is. To answer, I am a healer using music as my vehicle for offering healing energy to my listeners. The Shakuhachi is an ideal instrument to do this with. It was originally played only by Zen Monks as a type of Zen called ‹Suizen› or breathing Zen. The Shakuhachi is a spiritual tool that just happens to have a beautiful and haunting sound which touches our heart and soul. (As an aside, the Shakuhachi also has only been played by men, and I am the first woman to have the mastered this unique and very difficult flute!) I have taken this Zen technique of ‘Suizen’ into live performances that I call Music Meditations or sometimes when playing with another, called Music Ceremonies. During these Meditations the participants will either sit or if the space allows they will lie on the floor, in nests of mats, blankets and pillows, completely relaxed. We start with a few words of welcome and grounding. The healing energy is allowed to build naturally, inviting the energy of our Angels and Guides, the elementals and all energy that is safe, clear and right for our Musical offering at that time. I have offered these meditations around the world – in Japan at my temple Hozanji, in Rwanda at the Genocide Memorial, in at Druid›s Temple in Yorkshire..... I continue to offer the meditations regularly in my home town of Toronto and my second home of Ottawa. I am often joined by a fellow musician and am blessed and lucky to have the wonderful
Mark Daniel playing with me on Tibetan bowls, crystal bowls and chimes. And I hope that this article will help the University of Toronto student with her question! I have taught in the past at this University and I am grateful for all that I learned, offered and experienced there. I hope to see you at an upcoming event! Lots of love, Debbie Danbrook My next Ottawa Music Ceremony will be held at the lovely Kalyana Yoga Shala on January 9th, 2016, 7:00pm, playing with Mark Daniel. We will have an intention to offer at this event, ‘Watering Seeds’. During this event we will invite and welcome in healing energies that will offer help to nourish the seeds we are planting at the beginning of the new year. Seeds of love and hope and peace. Seeds to help encourage us in our daily lives and seeds to help us flourish during the coming year. I hope that you can join us to help bring in the wonderful new year, 2016! www.healingmusic.com www.kalyanayoga.ca
Laura’s Numerology News For January 2016 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! How to calculate your personal monthly number for January Add the day of your birth to the month of your birth and then add the number 1 to this number. You always add double digits together in numerology to reduce to a single number. (Example - birthday of Jan. 5 – Jan. (1 month) 5 (day) added together = 6 then add this month’s number which 2. Then add 6+2=8. You would read point number 8 if this was your birthday. If you still have trouble, email me Lbaird@istar.ca 1. Wonderful new opportunities or changes could be in your face right now. Can you see them? Look for them! Be brave and take a leap of faith into this New Year. You could find a short term contact or job that will transform later in the year. Go for it! 2. Are you looking for a new business or perhaps even a new love? Open your eyes wide and get serious as this is the best influence. Bait your hook and get it in the water ASAP. The year will start out slow but pick up later. 3. It will be tough to keep your head together and remain focused this month. First of all, finish the commitments from last year, then weed out the junk, and only then, take on more. Focus is the key word. 4. Give your accountant a shout to help set you up with a financial plan for the year. Left alone you might blow your wad on mindless pursuits. Make a decision to save your money now, so that you can take most of the summer off. 5. Did you factor in a bit of extra fun, last year? I sure hope so, because the fun stops here and now. This is a hardcore rebuilding year, on all fronts. What need fixing your life? Make friends with hard work and lots of it in 2016. Get serious and get focused.
6. Are you in transition in your home or office? There could be some really big changes on the home front, so hang on to your hat? Your life is in flux for the whole year, but these changes are in the area of “domestic things” in Jan. 7. It is time to get ready for a very, very busy year. You must place your focus on “YOU”, first. You will need mega energy to be there for everyone else for the balance of the year. Fuel up and get ready. 8. The perfect use of this year is to take a yearlong sabbatical and sit on a mountain, alone, so you could focus on “self healing”. I know that this is impossible to do, but you must factor in lots of “me” time, this year, or else. 9. Use this month as a period of major excavation. It is time to clean away the unfinished projects, chores and other poop on your path that you do not want to take with you into the balance of 2016. Habits, attitudes, medical issues and anything else that is clogging your life. Full steam ahead in Feb., so get ready. Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist/life coach. Full sessions are available in-person to clients in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Phone and Skype sessions are conducted worldwide. For a personal consultation please email: email@example.com 613-725-7232
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Be Vegan Make Peace
For More info: www.suprememastertv.com
Inviting you to come and enjoy
A Fun, Experiential Workshop Exploring Various Healing Modalities Saturday April 2, 2016 in Ottawa
with the rising energy in this awakening time! Be sure to come and experience the Unity Field Healing Website: www.drjohnryan.org Patty Chevalier Samm, a holistic healer, Medical Intuitive and ThetaHealing Instructor has been teaching and practicing energy healing for 13 years. Her work is focused on the mind, body, spirit connection for optimal health. By identifying one’s non-supportive beliefs and thoughts and transforming them into supportive ones, her clients experience profound and positive changes in all aspects of their lives. Patty also teaches workshops to empower people how to heal themselves. Be sure to come and experience ThetaHealing. Website: www.keyahealth.com Come and enjoy a day of learning and experiencing to empower yourself. Bring your family, friends and anyone you think may benefit.
fter a well attended Open Mind workshop in June 2015, we are very excited to announce that on April 2,2016 , we will have our second Open Mind workshop presented by three highly respected masters in their respective fields of energy and healing to be held at Kitchissippi United Church, 630 Island Park Drive in Ottawa. We will be introducing different modalities to the public so that people who need help or who want to learn more, will have more options with which they can make better-informed choices and decisions. During this one day gatherQi-Matic Research Centre ing, you will have a chance to experience, participate and ask quesPRESENTS tions. We are pleased to introduce AN OPEN MIND WORKSHOP the following presenters. Learn An experiential introduction to different healing modalities, more and contact them through and to skilled Masters who practice them. [*Private consultations will also be available – see below.] their websites. Sifu James was born with abil- Date: Saturday 2 April, 2016 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ity to see energy flow and a scien- Time: tific mind, he is constantly finding Location: Kitchissippi United Church at 630 Island Park Drive (accessed off Island Park at Byng Drive). out simple yet effective ways to do Three breaks provided (including one for your own lunchtime arrangements). healing on oneself or others. He Dress casually. Parking is available. has helped a lot of people to find 9:20am - 10:50am: Qi - Matic Qigong Founder and Master James Foo Different Levels of Subconscious Mind and How to Use Them for Healing. out the true cause of their challenYou will experience being in them and create healing. ges and healing professionals to improve their abilities. His most recent work is on the mind . Come 11:10am - 12:40pm: Physician, Author and Founder of Unity Field Healing Dr. and experience the different levels John Ryan of the subconscious mind and their Consciousness Based Healing, Energy Medicine and Quantum DNA. Tools to support your healing and wellbeing. healing power . You will experience Unity Field Healing Website: www.jamesfoo.ca Dr. John Ryan, a medical doc2:00pm – 3:30pm: ThetaHealing Instructor and Holistic Healer Patty tor, has always been very interChevalier Samm ThetaHealing®:Create the life you have always Wanted .Identify and ested in energy and consciousness transform your deep inner beliefs and thoughts. based medicine. With visions comYou will experience ThetaHealing and receive a group healing ing to him through meditation at different times , he has founded 3:50pm to 4:50 pm: Questions and Answers with all presenters the Unity Field Healing which is based on conscious activation of The fee is $50.00 per person paid before March 28, 2016; $60.00 at the door. the DNA quantum field to support To register, contact Angela Fung at firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 762-8893 healing and personal evolution. Send payments to Angela Fung at 49 Rita Avenue, Ottawa Ontario K2G 2G7 He is also the Author of the book “The Missing Pill” , a must read * Private consultations with the presenters will also be available at on Energy Healing. He wrote this The International Academy of Health Education on Sunday, April 3, 2016. To avail yourself of the benefits of what we’ll enjoy at this workshop, book to assist human being to flow contact Angela Fung at email@example.com or (613) 762-8893 for details.
We are keeping admission price low to make it more accessible. We will convene at 9:am and conclude at 5pm. There will be breaks, and lunchtime for which you can make your own arrangements. The fee for the whole day is $50 before March 28, 2016; $60 at the door. There is free parking. (To access the site, turn off Island Park Drive at a small road called Bying Drive.) To register, contact Angela Fung at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893 Please send your payment to Angela Fung at 49 Rita Ave. Ottawa, ON, K2G 2G7 Private consultations with presenters will be available on April 3rd, 2016 at The International Academy of Health Education, 380 Forest Street. Contact Angela Fung for details. By Angela Fung retired R.N., B.A.Psychology,Qigong and Bowen Practitioner. Ottawa coordinator of Sifu James and Qi-Matic Research Centre. See future workshops by Sifu James at the directory in Tone Magazine under Qigong.
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
Stephanie Brossard – Rolfing® Structural Integration Your local Beechwood/Rockcliffe Rolfer
January Special: Buy One Get One Free! Are you all tied up in Knots? Try Rolfing: a form of soft tissue manipulation that will help release those knots and improve your posture. Rolfing works on the fascia (connective tissue) in the body to release and realign the entire system: bringing the body towards vertical alignment and greater ease in gravity. Rolfing can create some dramatic results, including: - Improved posture - Increased energy - Greater flexibility and range of motion - Improved balance and stability - Alleviation of pain - Greater body awareness - Injury recovery (including repetitive motion, sports injuries, surgeries, etc.) - Enhanced athletic performance For more information, or to book a session, go to www.sbrolfing.com or contact me directly at email@example.com or 613-240-5285
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops LEARN TO MEDITATE:
Love Peace Harmony Ottawa Calendar Listings – January 2016
Introductory Taste of Zen by Mountain Moon Sangha (Ottawa)
Thurs. 7-9:30 PM, Jan. 7 to Feb. 4. Location: West End Well 969 Wellington St. (2nd floor). Cost $90; consideration for those in need. Go to http://mountainmoonottawa.org/ or email MMSOttawa@bell.net for details or to register.
Canadian Organic Growers will once again be offering the Organic Master Gardener course in Ottawa this winter. The Organic Master Gardener Course is designed for urban growers, community gardeners, landscapers, municipal parks personnel, environmental advocates, naturalists and conservationists. Please note, you will need weekly access to a computer and the internet for some course materials. Topics include: botany & adaptations within ecosystems, soil ecosystem, soil testing, mulches and compost teas/brews, garden bed installation, soil fertility management, water-wise gardening, pruning, turf, landscape health, Permaculture design, organic standards. For more details, check out the full course syllabus. Learn to create healthy food and ornamental gardens without pesticides and harmful chemicals. Dates: Wednesdays, January 20 to April 20 Time: 6:15pm – 8:45pm Location: Canterbury Community Centre 2185 Arch St. Cost: Early Bird - $670+HST Regular - $720+HST Registration Deadline: January 15, 2016
Quantum-Touch® Therapy Level I Certificate Training weekend Saturday and Sunday, January 30th and 31st, 2016, 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. You will be learning from the first Canadian Quantum-Touch Instructor Compassionate Communication. Practice Group for Non-Violent Communication skill building Beginning on the second and fourth Wednesday of January 13th, 2016, until April 27th, , 2016 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. We will come together to begin this process, to work within a safe environment to create an energy field together as a group of individuals choosing to learn and to practice Compassionate Speaking and Listening. We will begin our process to learn to be natural with a skill set that creates meaning in our own lives as we witness improvements in all our relationships. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751
Saturday, January 9, 2016 MUSIC CEREMONY with Debbie Danbrook and Mark Daniel at Kalyana Yoga Please join us for a healing and restorative Music Ceremony featuring Debbie playing shakuhachi flute, fairy chimes and singing and Mark playing Tibetan and crystal bowls. www.healingmusic.com www.seraphimsupportedsounds.com Time: 7:00pm Location: Kalyana Shala, 375 St Laurent Blvd. Vanier, ON • www.kalyanayoga.ca • Cost: $44 Registration and Information: Mark: 613-296-6321 email@example.com Debbie: 416-833-3564, firstname.lastname@example.org
Master Sha’s Soul Healing Groups Learn effective and practical techniques to self-heal, prevent sickness, boost energy, balance emotions, transform relationships, finances, and more. Experience Sacred Healing Power of Chinese Calligraphy Monday, January 4, 11, 18, and 25; 7 – 9 pm, $5 Tanglewood Park Community Centre, 30 Woodfield Drive, Nepean K2G 3Y5 Contact Shirley: 613.292.2288 email@example.com Chant Love, Peace and Harmony to Heal the World Tuesday, January 5, 12, 19 and 26; 7 – 8 pm By teleconference: 641.715.3821; code 692982# Contact Sara: 613.620.1996 or firstname.lastname@example.org Soul Healing Wisdom and Practical Techniques Wednesday, January 6, 13, 20 and 27; 7 – 9 pm, $5 1640 Cheevers Crescent, Ottawa K4A 2J5 Contact Susan: 613.276.7132 email@example.com Soul Healing Techniques to Bless Your Life Thursday, January 7, 14, 21 and 28; 7 – 9 pm Hawthorne Public School, 2158 St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa K1G 1A9 Contact Sara: 613.620.1996 or firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN TO CONNECT WITH YOUR SPIRIT GUIDES AND ANGELS Sacred Circle Dance
Saturday January 30th, 2016
Experience joy in movement, well-being, and harmony with others. No dance experience required for this fun, accessible exploration and practice of unity and alignment. Ottawa Circle contact: Anne, email@example.com. Aylmer Circle contact: Jen, firstname.lastname@example.org
9:30am – 6pm
Special Price $350 $222
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SUFI ORDER OF OTTAWA http://sufiorderofottawa.webs.com/ SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. A simple, easy-to-learn technique to enhance creativity and bliss and reduce daily stress. Free intro talk every Wed. 7:30 pm, and Sun.1:30pm (visit http://ca.tm.org to register) at the Ottawa TM Ctr., City Centre bldg (near Albert/ Preston) or call Mary or Gerard at 613 565 2030. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. WHAT IS YOUR ENERGY IQ? Help make our region one of the world’s shining stars of consciousness! Join the conscious community of individuals and businesses who contribute to raising the energy vibration of Eastern Ontario and the Outaouais as we support each other in new and exciting ways in 2016. Learn more email@example.com.
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance,
remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
PAIN RELIEF; correction of chronic conditions; addiction relief; weight loss; pro-active tune-up for health maintenance. Meridians Clinic (613) 728-2579 www.naetottawa.com BLAISE T. RYAN, R.TCMP, R.Ac. Specializing in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, Qigong and Child Psychology. Experienced & Registered. Adults & Children. Insurance receipts available. Located in Westboro at The Village Clinic. Book online at www.drblaiseryan.com or call 613-702-5377
• Adult ADD Support Group WEEKLY TWO HOUR MEETINGS are divided into, 1) causal discussion on individual coping styles and, 2) information, support and available resources. Meetings held Wednesday’s 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Contact: 613-868-1801 or firstname.lastname@example.org for location and detailed agenda.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor,
Destiny Card Readings. Email - email@example.com
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy treatment ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com HEALING ANGELS OF THE ENERGY FIELD, Integrated Energy Therapy-Master Instructor and Journey Practitioner. Learn how to connect with your angels and be the best you can be. Contact Susan at 613-220-6551 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Anxiety ANXIETY, STRESS, DEPRESSION, GRIEF clearings on all Levels, bringing Balance, Health, Abundance, Peace & Purpose. DNA & LIGHT ENERGY Healing with 5 dimensional Tools for this accelerated time. Long distance available www.catherinegreen.net 613-479-0299
• Aqualead AQUALEAD ENERGY - Healing water, environmental healing. Level I, II and Master classes. Free of charge, donations accepted. Sabine Blais, Aqualead & Reiki Master. email email@example.com for schedules, www. aqualeadinstitute.org (819) 230-6638.
DIRECTORY • Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Art ART AND MINDFULNESS: Using sculpture to explore awareness. Individual sessions and workshops. No experience necessary. Hilde Paz 613 829-3408.
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org 11TH HOUSE ASTROLOGY GROUP, open to all levels, to exchange & learn, 2nd Monday of month (Sept.-June), 61 Main St. Ottawa. Info: 613-821-4839. INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com
• Aura Photography AURA PHOTO & Chakra Balancing Aura pic & interpretation, Colour therapy, Clear blockages, Healing. Rina Soucy 613-841-8651
• Ayurveda NOEL SMITH-SPARROW: Ayurvedic lifestyle Consultant, phone: (613) 294-7798 firstname.lastname@example.org
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist firstname.lastname@example.org or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, email@example.com or 613-240-9716 LORI HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; lori@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bookkeeping BOOKKEEPING SERVICES for Small Businesses, Non-Profit Org. Practical Accounting for Health and Wellness Practitioners. Bilingual Services, Free Consultation. More than 35 years of experience. Please contact Lucie at 514-7556570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bowen Therapy BOWENTHERAPY OTTAWA Bette Madigan. www.BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) Mother Earth Natural Health Store, 747 Richmond Rd. Insurance receipts available. Call 613-7224249 or e-mail email@example.com THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org BOWENWORKS OF KINGSTON, Andrée Boisvert, Certified Bowenwork® Practitioner, 920 Princess St., Suite 105, Kingston, 613331-3625, email@example.com www.abholistichealth.com BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN. Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal
alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 email@example.com
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Ceremonies CARRIE RATHWELL, CEREMONIALIST. Personalized ceremonies created for and with you: weddings, funerals, baby and family ceremonies, rites of passage, pet funerals, shamanic journeys for ceremonies, and more. 613-2371473. www.carrierathwell.com
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter,
DIRECTORY your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: email@example.com NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538
KATHERINE ARNUP PhD. Helping you navigate life’s transitions and challenges. Whether you are facing retirement, divorce, or an unexpected loss, I can help you overcome your fears and embrace your life with courage and passion. Expertise in dealing with illness, aging, death and dying. Contact me at katherine@ lifechangescoaching.ca for a free 1/2 hour session. http://www.lifechangescoaching.ca
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by
email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 EXPLORING THE POWERS OF THE MIND What are the tendencies of the mind? How can it be directed to be a supportive companion through the journey of grief? In this workshop you will explore practices - including visualization, breathing techniques, concentration and reflection - to help you understand the mind’s powers and expansive possibilities. This workshop will be offered by Swami Matananda, for Bereaved Families of Ottawa in partnership with Yasodhara Ashram. REGISTRATION REQUIRED Wednesday, October 28th, 6:30 - 8:30 pm 211 Bronson Ave $30 contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only.www. healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow.com
THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT offers distance education courses in Reiki, Intuitive Development/ Counseling, Energy Therapies and Spiritual awareness. Take Individual Courses or become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist R.I.N. 819-328-9128 www.canadiannaturotherapies.co
DIRECTORY • Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com.
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | Crystal Store | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate includes “laying on of stones” | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dance BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification IONCLEANSE™ FOOT BATH with full nutritional support for the ongoing process of detoxing. Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org
OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613)272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE AND EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE to release blocks and empower you to step into your magnificence. Catherine McLenaghan, certified Donna Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. Call 613-730-0411. Private sessions and ongoing classes.www.energywellspring.com
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781.
HEALING FROM WITHIN. Energywork and Bodywork through Inner Knowing. Contact Jim Holland at 613-824-1181 MARTIN DESLAURIERS – Physical and emotional healing. From injuries to chronic diseases, pain, burnout, grief. Grounding and self-healing group sessions. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Jurlique Organic Skin Care. Gayle Mickelson 613.422.5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Feng Shui Workshops PRACTITIONER/FACILITATOR LINDA THERRIEN from Life Health Healing Center provides two workshops. Introduction to Feng Shui with compass and Advanced Feng Shui with crystals both include certificates. Let Feng Shui in your home and in your life help you achieve Harmony, Abundance, Happiness and more. Workshops are held on the third Saturday or Sunday of each month from 1pm to 5pm. Pre-registration required. Linda is the founder and teacher of Dimensional Meditation with crystals. Call: 613-824-4548 or visit www.lifehealthhealing.com
DIRECTORY • Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custommade foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.spineandfoot.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-6121181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 8300487. Consultations & products available. MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www. nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328
• Hotstone Healing JOIN HOT STONE ENERGY THERAPIST and Reiki Master Pauline Brown A.N.N. member for the utmost in healing, relaxation, and a wonderful state of well-being. $85.00 for 90 minute session. Call: 819-684-7885 or visit: www.healinghandswithpauline.ca. Receipts provided and gift certificates available BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com.
• Hypnotherapy RID YOURSELF OF OLD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS. Hypnosis and HypnoAcupunctbure. SLEEP despite your partner’s snoring thanks to hypnosis. Weight loss, Drug, Smoking, Sex, Food and Gambling addictions. Age regression to correct decades old influences. Hypnosis by Judy Spence (CH), National Guild of Hypnotists-certified. Ottawa 613-728-2579 OR Gatineau: 819-661-1061. 1st session: $100. Subsequent $80. Insurance receipts. www.naetottawa.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessive-compulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel
Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www.graceplacewellness. com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-3903553 firstname.lastname@example.org MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-2056670 www.martinebrisson.com BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - email@example.com www.kaivalya.ca KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist who will guide you to become who you wish to be...Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766
DIRECTORY • Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Energy Counselling INTUITIVE ENERGY THERAPIST/ COUNSELOR and Author Cheryl Jiala Driskell helps you BENEFIT from an ‘Intuitive Approach’ to your health. What is out of balance is immediately made clear and energy therapies bring you back to flow! 15 mins from Island Park 819-328-9128. www.intuitivelight.com
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Intuitive Psychic Readings LINDA THERRIEN World Known Medium Clairvoyant. Using Crystals, Chinese Astrology and Channeling Cards, my Readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and Spiritual Healing. I am accurate, dependable and gifted. I am Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, Past Life Regression Channeling Facilitator and a Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner. (613-8244548) www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579
LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 SUZANNE WHITE Bilingual Psychic/Medium, Card & Photo Readings, Dowsing, Psychometry and House Clearing. 343-8826559 email@example.com www.suesintuition.ca INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367 MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 GOT A NEED? HAVE A PROBLEM? LET ME SERVE YOU. Derek Van Der Light. Shaman, Teacher & Exorcist. Call or Text: (613) 252-7509. Email: derek. firstname.lastname@example.org Blog: http:// derekvanderlight.wordpress.com RUNE READINGS BY WILLOW-MARIE POWER For the turning points in your life when understanding the reasons behind your choices, passions and creativity make all the difference. Those times when you need to know what you really want and what matters most. I offer in-depth, hour-long readings (gift certificates also available). To schedule an appointment email: email@example.com or call 613-604-5086
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Kinesiology THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
KERRY PALFRAMAN. NOT A FORTUNE TELLER. Goes straight to the root of troubling problems & yanks them to the surface for you to see. www.indigowisdom.ca
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Live Cell Microscopy
LIVE CELL MICROSCOPY. Heal yourself at the cellular level. View red and white blood cell health, and contents of the blood stream. www.aliveandwellness.ca
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
• Lymphatic VODDER METHOD. Effective treatment for acute & chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM, RN. 613-728-2579 www.naetottawa.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385.
DIRECTORY Free parking.
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427 MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www.restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS Effective treatment of many chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM RN. 613-7282579 www.naetottawa.com CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca RIDEAU MASSAGE THERAPY - Feeling stress, pain,or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Free Parking. 418 Rideau St. 613-241-3434. More info at www.lorirmt.ca or contact Lori at email@example.com BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com
YONG KAI, RMT, Registered Massage Therapist. Stress & Tension, Back & Neck Pain, Stress & Tension, Muscle Strains, Headaches & Migraines, Sciatica, Tendonitis, Sport Injuries (613) 435-6988, cell (613) 852-4852. Insurance Accepted. firstname.lastname@example.org MAITLAND MASSAGE THERAPY: a healing company.Online booking. www. MaitlandMassage.ca Free parking. Melanie Ransom, RMT, BHSc. 878 Maitland Ave. 613-722-6423 RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www. filosofi.ca 613-225-1127.
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. email@example.com 1 800 226 4428 CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is
also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. DYNAMIC MEDITATION. Learn the lifechanging techniques of deep mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace and wellbeing. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion, development of chakras. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org. GROUNDING AND SELF-HEALING group sessions. Emotion integration and transmutation. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: email@example.com or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org LEARN TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES that will enhance your growth and development to bring the meditative process into daily living. Individual and group classes-daytime/evening. ISUL method. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 firstname.lastname@example.org MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful & healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Sandy Hill, WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com, http://bit.ly/TwinHearts SAHAJA YOGA MEDITATION. Awaken your Kundalini energy to balance you, connect you to cosmic consciousness, and bring about your spiritual rebirth. Visit us at freemeditation.com or sahajayoga.ca. Saturdays 3:00 pm Ottawa Public Library 120 Metcalfe (FREE) MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. MÉDITER POUR L’ÉVOLUTION DU MONDE:Un nombre grandissant d’individus cherchent une façon de s’engager et d’aider la planète. C’est précisément le rôle des groupes de méditation de Transmission de participer au processus de transmission des énergies venant des Maîtres de Sagesse, pour le besoin de l’humanité. Joignez-vous à notre groupe de méditation, tous les mercredis de 19h à 21h au Centre communautaire Richelieu-Vanier, 300, avenue Des PèresBlancs, Ottawa, On, K1L 7L5. Informations supplémentaires: (613) 841-2264
DIRECTORY • Meditation on CD JENNIFER BERNIUS guides you through 5 soothing and inspiring meditations to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. This CD, Into the Silence, with gorgeous musical accompaniment, will revitalize your daily meditation practice, helping to open your chakras and awakening you to the healing power of light. Cost: $20. 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mentoring Program FOR OVER 20 YEARS KERRY PALFRAMAN has been a spiritual teacher and healer. This program offers you her personal support and guidance in any area of your choosing. Empowering you towards you your next level of mastery. www.indigowisdom.ca
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• N.A.E.T. ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-661-1061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Natural Healing THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www.
thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-627-3880, firstname.lastname@example.org PURE MED NATUROPATHIC CENTRE Licensed Naturopathic Doctors focusing on Digestive Disorders, Fatigue and Stress, Pain, Menopause, and Healthy Aging. Come in for a free 15 minute consultation to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 298 Dalhousie St., Suite 150 613-216-4661, info@ puremednaturopathic.com, puremednaturopathic.com
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. email@example.com; 613-842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life and Spiritual Journeys ALLAN GREEN, Master Past Life and Spiritual Journey Facilitator since 1982; Allan sees what you see & feels what you feel. Eliminate Fears, Blockages, Pain from Past Life wounds. Find your Mission/Purpose, Meet Spirit Guides. Talk with People crossed over. Clear up people
issues, that holds you back. www.allangreen.ca firstname.lastname@example.org 1-877-213-7576.
• Pranic Healing FAYE IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions at a studio in the Byward Market, as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye sees clients for a broad range of physical and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, Pranic facelifts or weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec. As part of her service to her community, Faye holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Sandy Hill every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario. ca, email@example.com, Facebook. com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Qigong PHILIP LAI QI GONG ASSOCIATION offers Qi Gong and Tai Chi courses at various locations in Ottawa. The classes are taught by Master Philip Lai (a certified naturotherapist who has 30 years of experience teaching Qi Gong, Kung Fu and traditional Chinese medicine) and associates. Qi Gong helps to reduce your stress, control pain and allergies, strengthen your self-healing ability and increase your energy level. Training to become a certified instructor and private consultations with Master Lai are also available. For more information, contact Catherine at 613737-0553 or visit www.philiplaiqigong.ca CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:15-10:45am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@gmail.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Jan. 16, 9:30- noon Free Seminar; Jan.1617 Qi and Structure; March 5-6 Basic; April 2 Open Mind; May 13-15 Retreat; June 4-5 Transposing and Mapping; July 9, 9:30 -noon Free Seminar; July 9-10 Information Healing. Contact Angela at afung46@ hotmail.com or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release
DIRECTORY physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. email@example.com Visit: www.TheReconnection.com ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca
By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com
small classes. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com
JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
ANNA GREEN, MA - SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – www.spiritwell.ca - 613-729-2775. Bodycentered Process Work, Spiritual Care, Reiki & Training, Chakras, Aromatherapy, Bach Remedies, Muscle testing, SET, EFT, Meridians/ Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime - Civic Hospital Area.
• Reiki LIFE HEALTH HEALING CENTER Linda Therrien, Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master/ Teacher. Weekly classes and treatment sessions. Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, weekly private classes. Call: 613-824-4548 www.lifehealthhealing.com
REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100
VISION REIKI- CATHERINE BASTEDO Holographic-Usui Reiki Master. Personalized Reiki classes in English or French; individual sessions, daytime/week ends. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. Call 819-778-2590 email@example.com
FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com
JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307.
KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org
KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com, 613.897.9642
PESI SHROFF Traditional Usui Reiki Master/ Teacher & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins are committed to self-empower individuals who commit themselves to healing & personal growth. They offer Hands-on & Long Distance Reiki Treatments; Reiki Level I & II courses & Reiki Masters. Reiki is used for: Pain, Stress & Chronic Medical Condition Management; Anti-aging & Health maintenance; Improving Immunity, and more. Also See Workshops section. Visit www.zgoldenlight.com; Pesi: 613 829 0224; Lise: 613 795 1469; email@example.com “Empowering one person at a time”
LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004
ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided.
UNIVERSAL LIFE FORCE-MASTER REIKI CLASSES 3 in 1 based on the Usui Method. New and all levels welcome...individual and
ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com ENJOY AN HOUR of head, feet & hands reflexology. Great for stress, relaxation and general well-being. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org
HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com sGODDESS & THE GREEN MAN CRYSTAL EARTH RETREAT Personal customized Up-levelling Retreats for people using our services, on the Canadian Shield in OMPAH, 45 minutes North West of Perth. www.allangreen.ca www.catherinegreen. net www.crystalearthhealingspa.com 613479-0299 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427 STEPHANIE BROSSARD ROLFING® STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION. Stephanie Brossard Certified Rolfer™ www.sbrolfing.com email@example.com 613-240-5285
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836 GORGEOUS ‘VIOLET FLAME HEALING ROOM’ available at Green Spirit, a cosy, high vibration spiritual store located at 5558 Manotick Main St in Manotick. Very reasonable rates. Flexible schedules can be accommodated. Various forms of advertising included.
• Schools THE 8TH FIRE - School for professional training and development in the Algonquin Healing Arts of Shamanism, Spiritual Healing, and Energy Medicine. Two-year professional training program and certification offered, among the most comprehensive Shamanic Training programs in the world, taught by a Traditional Algonquin Medicine Person. Many teachings are unique and exclusive to this training alone. Phone 613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com for more info. ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Year Certification Program provides complete training in the ancient arts of Crystal and Shamanic Healing | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s Awakening the Illuminated Heart Workshop and more… | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism (Traditional & Authentic) ALGONQUIN MEDICINE MAN - Spiritual Healing & Energy Medicine, offering a
comprehensive listing of services and ceremonies to help facilitate healings on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. Traditionally trained Algonquin Healer available at (613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com.
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 | email@example.com | www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com IN A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT, experience traditional ceremonies and medicine that promote physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Distance Healing also available. SatDaya Williams at 447 Holland Ave Unit 3, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com SHAMANIC ENERGY WORK IN PERSON OR AT A DISTANCE for physical, emotional and spiritual healing and well-being. Also animal totem workshops. Janice Land (613) 834-6677. www.journeytoinnerhealing.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556. SOUND THERAPY WITH FIBONACCI & SOLFEGGIO TUNING FORKS. Expand your consciousness and promote healing on all levels of your being, across all dimensions. Bring your soul back into perfect alignment with its own ‘song’! Contact Kay Aveling at Green Spirit in Manotick, 613 692 5151 or 613 795 1970.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. with Rev. Nicole Moronval, President and Founder, Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill ave. N. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at email@example.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org TAROT READINGS with DAVID CLOUDS. If you’re looking for a Reading, it’s a good indication that you would benefit from having one. I have a home practice and make house calls. Please visit my website, davidclouds. com, or ring 613 619 5977 TAROT INTERPRETATION BY SUZANNE DUC. Private consultation and party readings available. Home page at www.facebook.com/ sdtarot. Contact (613) 841-2597 or suzanne. email@example.com to arrange an appointment. PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY • Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
• Thai Massage
WEBSITESBYDARLENE.COM - One small business helping another. From $250. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St.613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at email@example.com or www.lorirmt.ca
WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.revev. ca
BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email email@example.com. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Therapies & Healing PAST LIVES AND KARMIC HEALING. Through deep meditation reconnect with your past lives to heal hold wounds and free yourself from karmic links. Nathalie Hillman in Gatineau, French or English. nathalie@ reprisedememoires.com 819-930-2290 reprisedememoires.com
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, email@example.com, 613-236-5758. MINIMEWEBSITES.COM Affordable websites, banners. Free Consultation: 613-824-9348
MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at aileen@ aileensoasis.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION, SelfEmpowerment, Counseling & Developmental Workshops by Reiki Master Pesi Shroff & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins: Bring about the Paradigm Shift from a mindcentered to a heart-centered approach. Workshops: 1) Letting go of False Ego; 2) Releasing Self-limiting Thoughts; 3) Releasing Unpleasant states - Fear, Anger, Frustration, etc; 4) Forgiveness, the Easy Way; 5) Energetically Harmonizing Your Relationships; 6) Energetically Quietening Your Mind. Also see Reiki section. Visit www. zgoldenlight.com; 613 829 0224; 613 795 1469; email@example.com “Empowering one person at a time”
SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www.spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact spiritpainting2002@yahoo. com Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX.COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS with an esoteric approach using hypnosis and NLP. For more info visit www. TheSuccessRoom.ca or call 613.699.4555 WORKSHOP SPACE AVAILABLE days and evenings. Maximum 25 people. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836
• Yoga RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE Are you stressed? Anxious? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? We’ve got you covered. With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone (sometimes even soup!).Come shop, socialize, sip on our house tea, read from our community library or drop off a food bank donation. Can’t afford yoga rates? Let’s talk. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation, like we said, we’ve got you covered, because yoga is for everyone With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation. www.ottawayoga.com 613.234.7974 342 Gladstone Ave YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other props, DVDs, CDs. Complimentary tea after each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-304-6320, www.yogaandtea.com GENTLE YOGA AND MEDITATION. Mondays in Crystal Beach (just west of Bayshore). 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Maki House Community Centre. 19 Leeming Drive. Julie 613-254-8469 PRANASHANTI YOGA CENTRE. A full-service wellness centre in the Hintonburg area of Ottawa near the Parkdale Market minutes from downtown and numerous public transportation stops. In our custom designed eco-friendly 8,000-sq.ft centre, our dedicated team of teachers and therapists offer a wide variety
DIRECTORY of classes in 4 spacious studios and specially designed therapies in our Consultation spaces. Our soothing atmosphere and inspiring setting will help you cultivate a deep inner state of body centered restful awareness that will benefit every aspect of your life. Our spa-like change rooms with ample showers, Infrared Sauna and full service boutique further support your healthy lifestyle. Open 7 days/week, 80+ classes/week. Workshops, teacher training programs, concerts and events offered throughout the year. 100+ free parking spaces, complimentary tea served all day. Relax, take your time, leave feeling renewed. Drop in for a visit! 613.761.9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com ADI SHAKTI YOGA CENTRE IN ORLÉANS/ OTTAWA EAST serving with gratitude since 2003. Director/Owner: Lise Ram Das Latulippe. Ottawa’s Home of KUNDALINI YOGA: humanity’s most ancient yoga. Beginners & Advanced classes of uplifting, fun & highly informative Kundalini Yoga taught by experienced, certified teachers. Enjoy our healing ambiance, heavenly music, a cup of tea & community spirit. Classes 7 days/week. Private classes; Yogic Numerology; Nutrition consultations; Reiki treatments & training; Yogic workshops; Annual Women’s Yoga Retreat; Concerts; Monthly Gong Relaxation Evenings; Sunrise Kundalini Yoga Sadhana; Bilingual teachers; Boutique. We are the Yogic lighthouse of Ottawa East - Come Feel Great... One Breath at a Time! 1445-A Youville Drive, 2nd Fl., Orléans. www. AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com. Call 613 824-9189. SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor WISHINGTREE YOGA CENTRE -- Yoga for Selfrealization. For all ages, beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
NUDE YOGA (Private and SemiPrivate) For women who are comfortable in their bodies and who want to explore a deeper feeling of freedom while performing Hatha Yoga with certified and experienced yoga instructor, Teresa Splinter. Starting at $20.00. www. feelamazingyoga.com
BEYOND YOGA STUDIO & WELLNESS CENTRE offers over 7,000 sq. ft. of spacious studios, wellness facilities, change rooms, retail space and a lounge where you can relax, rejuvenate and enjoy our yoga community. Beyond is a sanctuary that will enable you to “reach beyond” to rediscover yourself in your search for your true purpose and passion. Please join us for classes, workshops, special events and wellness services. Conveniently located at 66 Hearst Way in Kanata beside the Eagleson Road Park & Ride. www.beyondyogaottawa.com (613) 591-9642 (YOGA)
LA TROPIQUA CAFÉ-Lounge, Yoga Studio and Spa, a new and innovative gem at 1292 Wellington St. West. An oasis for relaxation and healthy living. Contact: 613-695-CALM (2256) YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
FREE TAROT READING (in exchange for your feedback donations also welcomed)
CLASSIFIEDS • For Sale For sale or rent. EXCEPTIONAL ECOLOGICAL RESIDENCE, 35 min from downtown Ottawa with SMALL GROUP RETREAT or B&B POTENTIAL! Great Opportunity! Assessed at over 1 million (920K value of the building, min. 130K value of 5 acres treed lot) priced to sell at 649,900$, 6 BEDS 5 BATHS, with a large 23’X23’ WORKSHOP ROOM, Insulated Concrete Form construction, 9’ ceilings throughout, passive solar house, hyper energy efficient (500$ in heating/cooling cost/year), zero maintenance (metals roof, traditional concrete stucco), private septic bed and well, with high end finishes: 5 marble baths with glass showers, jetted & extra-large tubs, Kitchen with solid maple glazed cabinets, granite counters and SS appliances, hardwood throughout. Contact : 613 7026681, SEE ON GRAPEVINE ID: 44853 V-SHAPED MEDITATION CUSHION for sale in excellent shape, cost $55.00. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org FAR INFRARED SAUNA. In pristine condition. Made in Ontario by SaunaRay - www. saunaray.com. Model SR-1 Compact. Fits one person. $2,000. Text: 613-298-1999. Phone: 819-682-0434 MASSAGE TABLE. Professional, heavy duty, custom designed with hole for face, shelving for towels, quality wood/vinyl top, easily disassembled. $1200 negotiable. Phone 613-829-2002 or 613-820-3743. INDOBASKET.CA Need a special Mother’s Day present? 100% biodegradable hanging baskets complete with ready-to-use organic herbs! Order online or come pick one up in person at the Ottawa Farmers Market on Sundays on Bronson starting May 4th @ $15 or 2/$25 (del’y available) www.indobasket.ca (613) 304-1767
• For Rent
ROOM FOR RENT - Woodroffe/ Meadowlands. $495/mth. 40’s female seeks roommate to share tastefully decorated bsmt. apt. Two cats, so no other pets please. More info contact roomie@gmail. com or text 613-600-4136.
Email your general situation, first name (and last, ideally) to: email@example.com No rush orders! Entertainment Only but hopefully it helps!
• Looking for... WANTED: RMT, At an established (1998) Natural Health Centre. Very reasonable rates and great co-workers Please call Denise: 613-913-2803
Aromatherapy and New Year’s Resolutions
Some oils can lend calm to an anxious state of mind. This often happens when we are trying to rid ourselves of a bad habit: we worry and fret about the resolution. An example of an essential oil for emotional support any of us will have made vows to do something is lavender, which is calming yet uplifting at the same better in our lives at the beginning of 2016, time. Geranium is an all over balancing oil: whether for whether it is to quit a bad habit or take up a new practice the emotions, hormones or skin. Some other oils that are which helps some aspect of our day-to-day living. helpful are rose, orange, bergamot and frankincense. It seems the tradition started way back with the If burn out is causing loss of resolve, black spruce, Babylonians, who promised their gods that debts grapefruit and immortelle can provide relief. would be fulfilled-starting the new year (theirs started To help with food issues, cardamom is said to be an in March) off on the right foot. The practice continued antidote for sugar cravings. Fennel used in meditation down through history, with the Romans committing can help release unconscious beliefs which have lead to to their god, Janus (January), the medieval knights weight gain. Cypress, lemon and juniper can help in a affirming their pledge to chivalry and so on to the detoxification protocol to help the body cleanse itself. present day. For addictions like alcohol, drugs and smoking, there We know essential oils can help with many issues like a variety of essential oils which can assist this resolution insomnia, excema and congestion, but have you ever to quit. Supportive oils are frankincense, vetiver, rose considered how they can assist us with our resolve in and immortelle. Immortelle is a great liver support. keeping our 2016 promises? Lemon has been reported to assist in cases of alcohol abuse as well. Another citrus oil, Our core sexual energy must integrate with petitgrain, is said to help overcome our authentic spiritual power to fully address addictions and obsessions. our daily issues. This article provides a brief and As an integrative consciousness teacher, general overview of some helpful relationship coach and counsellor, I have 20 oils. Please remember to use years of training and life experience these powerful medicines diluted supporting this emerging paradigm. and with caution. In the case of Access the root of your sexual pleasure and essential oils, less is more. For more spiritual power through Divine Tantric Touch, information, please visit us! Meditation and Ecstatic Embodiment Sessions. ©2016. Heather Garrod is a Certified I cater to individuals and couples of all ages Aromatherapist and owner of and backgrounds. Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St in Centretown. 613.567.4444 Devi Bliss, Certified Tantric Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org ~ www.divinetantrictouch.com www.planetbotanix.com
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: How do you view the problems of the world and how do you think they can be solved?
SRI CHINMOY: Problems are everywhere. Each country and each individual has hundreds of problems. But problems can be solved, should be solved and must be solved by individuals first. For it is the individual mind or capacity that rules each country. If each individual sees that he has hundreds of problems of his own, then he will dive deep into his own problems. From there, he will come to realise that there is only one problem, and that problem is lack of oneness. The human way that we can solve world problems is for an individual to feel that his country is like a tree with countless branches, which represent the other countries. A tree without branches is no tree at all. When we see that there are quite a few branches, we appreciate the tree. So, if we can feel that our nation tree has others as branches, and if other countries can also feel the same way, then there will be a feeling of inseparable oneness. However, from a spiritual point of view, if we want to solve the problems of the world, then there is only one way and that way is to pray and meditate for our conscious oneness with the Will of the Absolute Supreme. If we consciously pray and
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
meditate, then without fail God’s Will can and will be executed in and through us. Prayer and meditation can solve all the world problems. If we become one with God’s Will, then we make no mistakes. It is because of our mistakes that we create problems for ourselves. What is the mistake from which we are constantly suffering? Our only mistake is that we have made friends with ignorance. But we can change our friendship. God is there to help us and guide us. So from a divine point of view, all world problems can be solved only by prayer and meditation, which are nothing short of our constant communion, or conversation, with God Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
Water Universe is a family operated business established in 2002. Located at 911 Richmond Rd. Our mission is to provide Ottawa with clean purified water using systems such as: Reverse Osmosis & Distillation systems, water Ionizer Systems and Multi stage gravity fed filtration systems …The Santevia nine multi stages recreate an earth perfect process of purifying, mineralizing, vitalizing and alkalinizing the water. Three models are available. The Heaven Fresh Aqua Charger produces alkalise, ion energized, super tasting water. This futuristic unit offers adjustable pH and negative oxidation reduction potential (OPP) levels. We also provide AIR purifying units for home/travel or office. Why are we different? Many reasons… Quality and integrity are the pillars of our business. We offer glass bottles AND we deliver to your location or, Refill your own bottle in our store and save money… Proud to be the pioneer in refilling water in glass (1, 3 and 5 gallon size) bottles we are one of very few stores in Ottawa who deliver to your home or office. Mastafa, a specialist in the field of applied geotechnique /geophysics has many years of academic and industrial experience. He can provide on-site professional scientific geotechnical consultation regarding your water problems in wells, lakes and rivers, then with the help of quantitative water tests he will then be able to optimize the water treatment and purification systems you need... For more information visit our website at www.wateruniverse.ca or call 613-729-9289. Replacement filters and parts also available.
THE CREATIVE ENERGY OF WORDS
by Louise Stevenson t the next in the monthly series of Pathwork Open Lectures on January 13th, we will continue to explore this season’s theme of creativity, looking this time at how we create with and through the words we speak. Remember the old playground chant ‘Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”? Not so, says the Pathwork Lecture The Power of the Word ! What we create, what we speak into manifestation may be positive or negative, healing or hurting, but create we do! The lecture says the following about our words: “The word is...the creative agent…that creates movement and a systematic chain reaction, one link following another until the word becomes deed, fact and finished creation.” Our words may be spoken out loud or inwardly; they are often uttered unconsciously, by some inner voice we are not aware of (and may not care to be aware of). And the results mold our lives and affect our relationships in ways that confuse us, appearing to be coincidence or a matter of luck. The Pathwork invites us to begin the work of tuning in to those inner voices, raising them to awareness, seeing how they often contradict our conscious wishes and aspirations. This process will enable us to see our creations more clearly, which is actually a wonderful discovery! We then rejoice in our positive creations and start taking responsibility for the negative. We can begin to re-arrange our vocabulary, working to understand and heal what causes us to speak negatively, and bringing out and developing our positive words. At the lecture evening, we will explore this concept of the creative word in some detail, and take some time to begin listening for the inner voices that are influencing
Pine Gate Closing (…for a while….)
Ian Prattis Dear friends and gentle people, Pine Gate Mindfulness Community will be closed indefinitely from Friday January 1, 2016 – onwards. I have interesting challenges ahead with three surgeries to replace both knees and one hip. The entire process will take some time. I view this as an opportunity for personal retreat and hope to enhance the quality of my consciousness during this process. I welcome the necessary pause, as I have been teaching the dharma non-stop since being in India in 1996. The surgeries and rehabs provide a place to stop, re-think and ultimately encompass more. I will emerge from the cave now and then, but not frequently. No doubt you will find my humor and writings trickle through to Facebook. I will be taking a sabbatical from Tone Magazine and hope to resume my
Open Lecture Discussions Saint Paul University,
233 Main St, follow signs to room
Jan. 13; Feb. 10; Mar. 9; Apr. 13 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation: $15, members free
Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 All welcome
The Pathwork lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org For information about the Pathwork in Ottawa:
www.ottawapathwork.ca our lives. As always, the lecture provides some excellent tools for our inner work. For more information, contact Jean Millar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-829-1254 Date: Wednesday, January 13, 7 – 9 P.M. Place: Saint Paul University, 233 Main St., Follow the signs to the room. All are welcome. Suggested donation: $15 Lectures are available for free download from www. pathwork.org . Louise Stevenson is a senior Pathwork Helper in the Ottawa area. For more information about the Pathwork in Ottawa, go to www.ottawapathwork.ca monthly column in the summer of 2016. I am reticent to provide further details, so graciously decline to provide answers and updates. You can support me most by deepening your own personal practice and tasting the fruits of everyday mindfulness. Hopefully, Pine Gate will re-open in a new form for the 2016 Lazy Days of Summer program in July 2016. That new form is shifting away from weekly gatherings and events such as the Friends for Peace Day, which has been an annual event in Ottawa’s calendar for the past thirteen years. There is such a thing as impermanence and moving on to new forms and expressions. The intention is to collaborate with groups and citizens actively working for Peace, Planetary Care, Mindfulness and Empowerment of Communities. Pushing the envelope of sangha to be more in sync with the realities of the 21st century Your brother in the dharma, Ian
Success Breeds Success
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC
email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
elcome to 2016! Before you start thinking of what you want to accomplish this year, I encourage you to spend time making a list of all the successes that you had in 2015. What milestones did you reach? How many new clients did you attract? What got better in your personal life? Make that list and look for success in all areas of your life. Give yourself a “High Five” for accomplishing these! Do the Happy Dance and scream like you just won the gold medal at the Olympics! Success is a series of small gains that you string together over time. These small incremental gains do matter and they must be recognised. These gains help build the foundation for the future “wins” that you will have down the road. Napoleon Hill wrote about this well over 80 years ago and he called it The Law of Increasing Returns. Every success that we have, all of the so called failures that come our way are only there to move us along to our final destination. They help build that important foundation. We are obliged to learn from them and bring them into our success consciousness. Congratulate yourself for working on yourself, for developing an attitude of prosperity as opposed to an attitude of scarcity. I know you are doing the work because you are reading this article. Success breeds success so get busy making 2016 a fantastic year! Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor
Blood Pressure Insights
hen I started out as a young naturopath in 1983, I was fortunate to practice under the indomitable Leo Roy. Dr. Roy had been a medical doctor who later became an N.D. and he was rigorous in finding out exactly what was going on with his patients, down to the minutest details. I remember chafing under his perfectionism. Yet when I look back at my practice, much of what I did was learned from Dr. Roy, who has since passed away, sadly. One of those things was a unique way of looking at blood pressure, which became one of my guide posts for determining how to treat my patients. Blood pressure is composed of an upper number or systolic pressure in the arteries when the heart is contracting and a lower number, or diastolic pressure in the arteries when the heart is at rest. Normal blood pressure is considered to be 120/80 or less.
JANUARY EVENTS Holistic Group Healing Thursday, January 21st, 1-3*
Meditation Tea & Talk Wednesdays, 8-9am
Holistic Kids’ Classes Wednesdays 4-6/dinner*
Carp Healing Circle
Sunday, January 17, 2-4 on Yoga* * preregistration required
Dr. Roy taught that the upper number represents the strength of the adrenal glands, with 115 being optimal (after lying down for a few minutes), higher being overstimulated and lower being tired. When the patient sits up and the blood pressure is taken again, the systolic number is supposed to go up by 5 to 10 points. If it goes higher, it indicates overstimulation, but if it actually drops, there may be serious burnout. There can be both fatigue and overstimulation. The lower number represents the health of the liver, optimal being around 65 after lying down. Higher shows liver congestion and the need to cleanse while lower reflects liver weakness and the need to build it—especially before undertaking a cleanse. On sitting up, the number should again rise 5-10 points. If it rises more, there is congestion and possible reactivity (allergies, hemorrhoids, excess heat) and if it drops, there is a definite need to give regenerative therapies. Congestion and weakness can co-exist. There are many subtleties arising out of monitoring blood pressure and it can be a remarkably accurate guide to a patient’s progress. Thank you Dr. Roy!
Celestial Planting Calendar for 2016
by Rosemary Tayler iodynamic agriculture is all about working with natural rhythms to enhance the quality of organic produce. These natural rhythms have been known and used for thousands of years by traditional agrarian communities. Rudolf Steiner (1869-1925) reintroduced these principles and since then biodynamic farmers around the world have refined those practices. In particular, Maria Thun (1922- 2012) spent over 50 years researching how lunar forces affect plant growth. She found that plants that were predominantly root crops such as potatoes, radishes and turnips produced better quality produce when they were planted with the Moon in one of the Earth constellations, Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn. Similarly plants that were predominantly leaf crops such as lettuce, spinach and kale had a more productive crop when they were planted when the Moon was is Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces, all Water constellations. She also found that plants grown for their flowers, namely roses and broccoli, grew better when they were planted when the Moon was in an Air constellation (Gemini, Libra or Aquarius). Finally, plants gown for their seed quality such as oats and sunflower responded best when they were grown when the Moon was in Aries, Leo or Sagittarius, all Fire constellations. Knowing when the Moon is in each of these constellations is the first step towards determining when to work with each of these plant groups. For over 50 years, Marie Thun produced a calendar geared towards farmers and gardeners which contained these and other relevant astronomical events. Last year a group of biodynamic farmers used Thuns constellation calculations and produced a planting calendar for Eastern Ontario that can be adapted for any time zone around the world. The Celestial Planting Calendar for 2016 is a beautifully illustrated, 40-page, full-colour calendar which features
daily lunar and planetary rhythms and aspects conducive for planting, weeding and harvesting. As well, there are interesting articles on a wide variety of topics such as the Four Elements, Nutrition and Healthy Food Habits, and Cultural Beliefs Related to Trees. With detailed explanations at the back, this calendar is attractive on the wall, and at the same time, it is easy to use as a quick reference and ready guide. Place your order online at www.planting-calendar. com or purchase directly at Singing Pebbles Bookstore, 206 Main Street, Ottawa, ON, 613-230-9165.
Katherine Willow N.D. is a fourth generation naturopathic doctor who is retired from private practice and now runs patient groups at Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre. www.ecowellness.com
Dentistry’s Apology by George Paul Greenacre
A summary of the book’s concepts and chapters Chapter 1-The Apology The Apology is simple “we vastly underestimated the importance of your oral health to your total health!!” We need to correct this idea in the public’s mind to benefit the public, our patients.. We did not realize how critically important the bite , jaw alignment and action, the tongue, the gums and the teeth are to our total health including our structural alignment and our mental, respiratory, neurological and emotional health. It also affects the birthing process and the newborn baby’s Apgar scores. About 100 years ago one of the world’s greatest physician, Sir William Osler, said “The Mouth is the Mirror of all Disease” Sir William Osler was right! There are over 100 diseases that can be dramatically improved by achieving good dental health, good gum health and good jaw growth , function and posture. Thus this apology is needed. This newfound appreciation of Oral Health is also a reflection of the new Medical-Dental–Psychological Philosophy of practicing Interdisciplinary ,Integrative or collaborative Medicine. Know this! Everything is connected to everything. In fact your jaws, your tongue your teeth and your gums are critical to your blood stream health, your airway health, you digestive tract health, your neurological health, your pregnancy outcome, your stress level and your mental health. Dr. Alexander Leeds, presidential physician said “When completely developed this treatment will be capable of revising every diagnosis, treatment procedure and prognosis in the medical world.” He had his neurology and his airway dramatically improve when he had his jaws rebalanced late in life. It transformed him. He further said. “This is the greatest aid in the treatment of chronic symptoms that I have come upon in almost 50 years of medical practice.” We also underestimated how powerful the fear of dentistry is for patients. Some fear the needles, the sounds, the smells and the experience of dentistry. We also apologize for this insensitivity. It is just not natural to have someone working in your mouth, your personal space. The mouth is very much the centre of your emotional –neurological system. Impression materials scare people. Gagging is a huge fear and a huge distress to some patients. We totally underestimated how much stress people can suffer in our offices. This merits another apology. We all need to practice more caring for our patients anxieties and emotions. Nitrous oxide and laughing gas help manage these situations for many.
Dr Paul Greenacre
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613 234-5758
www.medicaldentistry.ca Downtown and Alta Vista locations
Self talk relaxation methods help and medical hypnosis can help profoundly. Several Pharmaceutical short term management methods also help. We apologize because we had no idea that your ability to achieve deep relaxation through your sympathetic nervous system depended upon good mandibular or jaw balance. Learn this! A healthy jaw joint makes no noise .The front four teeth should never contact when you bite on your back teeth. Your primary bite contact should be made on the larger more resistant back teeth or molars. The back teeth have larger roots for structural resistance to the force of your initial bite or contact or sleep grinding.. Know this we all deny this but we all grind and clench at night. Your front teeth should only contact when you move your lower jaw slightly reaches forward for incising or biting food. The wisdom teeth issues of pain and crowding were unknown in early man because early man had plenty of room for the wisdom teetn. This is because the face grew larger before we changed our diet, farming and breastfeeding practices. Since we invented sugar the human body has suffered greatly from this non food that seduces so many with its sweet taste. Whoever invented it should be vilified daily in our schools and media.. Because we are the only mammal to have willingly changed our diet and feeding practices the human jaws and face are shrinking in many dimensions. Since the jaws do not grow as wide and as large as they used to grow we now get impacted wisdom teeth, crowded front teeth and misaligned jaws and bad bites. All this has happened because; our diet and breastfeeding habits have changed for the worse. Primitive man never had TMJ problems and never needed orthodontics. We also apologize because we had no idea that the airway our breathing, our snoring and our sleep apnea issues are also largely caused by the improper growth and alignment of the jaws. Dr Jerald Simmons M.D. said “At least 10% of all people suffer a significant degree of obstructive breathing…these patients can have fatigue. They can also have Heart attacks and strokes.”
Dentistry in the old days used to be about extractions, fillings and perhaps some gum treatments and some orthodontics. Now it is about the development of the lower jaw to improve the lower airway and expansion or distraction of the upper jaw to improve the upper airway . Also it is about optimization of your autonomic nervous system. We have discovered that balancing the jaws and improving the trigeminal-tmj system will do wonders for the healthy relaxed functioning of your neck your cranial nerves , your digestion and autonomic nervous system. Thus we can create better airway ,relaxation and digestion appliances to enhance your overall breathing and health,and your head and neck posture and diminish your head and neck pain. In fact when we do a realignment or orthopaedic correction of the jaw posture we witness a neurological correction and a neck postural correction at the same time this transformation of the face and jaws is in reality total facial-airway rejuvenation. Indeed it is a face lift without surgery. Gum diseases are serious whole body infections that influence our digestive tract maladies and penetrate the bloodstream to visit every organ and tissue in our bodies. This has never been fully appreciated until recently .This concept and information was actually published in the American Heart Journal in 1965 by respected M.D., Dean of Tulane medical school Dr. Charles Bass. “In almost all ailments of the heart by bacteria the source of the infection is known to be the pathologic
Dolphin Dentistry Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation
613 234-5758 Lasergumcentre.com Medicaldentistry.ca and infected environment of the teeth … the diseased periodontal tissues are the source of almost all bacteremia. I believe that at some time in the future, leading cardiologists will wonder In retrospect how information so needed by their patients could have been overlooked or neglected for so long.” We swallow quarts of infected saliva daily. Dentistry and medicine are on a collision course because our patients need more integrative diagnosis and treatment. Total health cannot exist without good oral health No physician can practice good medicine without a good general knowledge of modern dentistry. No patient can claim to have good health without a healthy mouth. In summary here are the thoughts of Dr Marcus Gitterle of Wimberley Texas “The OralSystemic connection is about integration. Who would guess that the data would lead us to the knowledge that heart attack, strokes, premature births, rheumatic diseases and perhaps many more conditions would be intimately linked to oral health and hygiene?” Indeed I can assure you that over hundred diseases can be linked to your oral health. Info @dolphindentistry.com 613 234 5758 graduate of McGill dental school. Dr. George Paul Greenacre, DDS general dentist, Website dolphindentistry.com
Why You Should Balance Your Life Against EMF Pollution in 2016
n the negative side: Smart Meters, Wi-Fi in the schools and at work, hot spots in the coffee shops and restaurants, every day our world is being wired with more and more of this kind of pollution and spreading like a wildfire. All new appliances in your home have smart chips installed from toasters to fridges and stoves washer and dryers. Along with your cellphones and laptops, your home is transmitting 24/7 (Like living in a microwave oven). On the positive side: We have the EMF Balancers for home and work, your auto (Silver Tower), and your body (Gold Energy Card with Heart) and plate. Energized Jewelry to wear for your EMF Protection and Energy. ADR Disc for your cell phone, iPad and handheld phones. Our energized water treatment system for the whole house. You can drink the water out of your tap. (Ask about our new years special)
Our Products have been developed for over 30 yrs by Peter Webb. All Canadian. Check out my youtube video (Youtube Steve Priebe) For more info www.emffreezone.ca email@example.com Energy Exchange Meeting 1st Friday of every month at the Ottawa Citizen Bldg behind Ikea 7 to 9. By donation. Hall is balanced against EMF Pollution for the evening. Come Out And Feel The Difference. HAVE AN AWESOME BALANCED 2016
C A N A D I A N H O M E O PAT H I C I N S T I T U T E firstname.lastname@example.org 613-241-0005 Considering a career in Health Care? Become a Registered Homeopath!
3 Year Course starting in January 2016 (flexible weekend or evening hours)
Homeopathic professional training offered in Ottawa 12 years of experience in training homeopaths Dr Shahram Ayoubzadeh, with 23 years of Homeopathic experience, is now offering professional training courses in classical Homeopathy through in-class studies and supervised clinical training. Special courses designed for anyone with a passion to learn and practice homeopathic medicine. Are you a Psychologist, physiotherapist, Social Worker, Massage therapist, Naturopath, Nutritionist, Acupuncturist or a foreign trained Medical Doctor and would like to add Homeopathy to your practice? This is a unique opportunity to gain professional Homeopathic expertise in Ottawa
NEW COURSES STARTING IN JANUARY 2016 46
ELEVATE Channeled by Lisa Virtue
he New Year is especially interesting this time around. Much has taken place. There have been growth spurts of unparalleled proportion (in your day and age). So many of you have reached new heights of spiritual wisdom. It is indeed the early days of a new era for humankind (and those you affect on this world and beyond). We are proud to see how you seek newness for yourselves and greater growth for humanity. A new era of light-filled hearts is here, burgeoning. We in non-physical, and those in an elevated state of physical, wish you great success in all that you are now desiring to accomplish. We see how your trend is towards the goodness of life for all, and less toward the bitternesses that have divided you for so many centuries. As you elevate yourselves, you will find a greater harmony that pervades all things. This is the predominant energy that exists, after all. The separation you are all experiencing is no longer the dominant way. Separation exists for you to have experience, certainly, in knowing more ways of being. It is now a choice more so than it has been. Knowing this, elevate yourselves and release patterned choices. Choose to allow newness for yourselves. Challenging though it may seem, the energies surrounding you are becoming so light that you will find less effort needed to shift and change. You are so supported by the spirit and elevated realms
Energy Healer & Divine Channel Live your authentic life. 613.296.4271
LISA VIRTUE www.LisaVirtue.com
that you are bound to achieve that which your soul has chosen for your growth and understanding.
e are excited to present our course to you, once again, to learn to connect with those of us in the unseen. We are your Guides, we are Angels (and other helpers too). We have crafted, through and with Lisa, a course to bring you more into yourselves, more into communion with the Divine realms. It is an empowering place to be. Not only discovering the talents that lay innately within you, but how to manage your energies, control your contact and receive beautiful, supportive, helpful messages from those of us chosen to guide you in your purpose here. We love you unconditionally and seek to awaken you to the greater connection available to you in your life. There is no longer a need for you to choose suffering. You needn’t go it alone any longer. We are here to support, love, encourage and guide you. Let us. We look forward to meeting you directly through Lisa’s channeled workshop “Learn to Connect With Your Spirit Guides and Angels.” Join her for a fun day of exploration and discovery, joy and wonder. ~ The Divine Team of Helpers to All ~ Your Divine Teams of Personal Helpers Lisa Virtue channels the divine helpers to aid humanity in their ascension process. Through spoken word, we inspire, through healing sessions we aid your shifts. Invite us to assist you through our gifted channel and healer in whichever manner speaks to your heart. Make arrangements with Lisa via phone: at 613-296-4271 or email: email@example.com Discover more about her offerings at www.LisaVirtue.com and enjoy the community at Facebook.com/LisaVirtue01 Learn To Connect With Your Spirit Guides & Angels Saturday January 30th, 2016 • 9:30am – 6pm Spaces Limited Special Price $350 $222
Monday to Friday One day pass: $20.00 Half Day: 10.00$ Overnight stay: $45.00 By appointment only
Meditation garden Holistic ceremonies
OASIS Healing & intuitive sessions
Healing workshops & spiritual retreat
All Seasons wedding
Feeling under the weather or in pain? Searching for answers, closure or peace? Come try our holistic services. Looking forward to your visit!
3 s y a D ly On
Come visit our store where you will ﬁnd great holistic products! Monday to Saturday 928 Laporte St. Rockland, Ontario K4K-1M7
119 Joseph Cyr, 417 & St. Laurent
January 22, 23 & 24, 2016
Friday: 2pm-10pm Saturday: 11am-10pm Sunday: 11am-6pm
TO P P RO F E S S I O NA L P S YC H I C R E A D E R S
Palmistry Mediums Tea cups Astrology Numerology Tarot Cards Aura Camera Lectures
David, a member of the Sinclair Family from (DaVinci Code & Oak Island). He will speak to you on your psychic abilities along with spiritual & healing hands. David has a new book, You Got The Whole World In Your Hands Fri. & Sat. 3 PM & 7 PM • Sun. 3 PM. BE PREPARED FOR WHAT’S COMING UP!
Free gemstone with admission $8.00; $5.00 with this ad 48
Tone mailing address: 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The January 2016 issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa