July/August 2017, Vol. 32, #11, Priceless
A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 30 years
Yoga on Parliament Hill
Essential Oils from Canada
ssential oils can come from many places on the globe, depending on where the plants they come from are grown. Here in Canada, we have the great good fortune of having many coniferous trees from which to obtain the essential oil. Black spruce is one of my favourite oils. It has a complex scent that blends well with citrus (as do all the coniferous oils) and/or lavender. Black spruce clears the lungs of any congestion, bringing a heady scent to any steam inhalation. It also helps with emotional congestion, helping one ground and find one’s centre. First Nations have used it to help ease muscular pain and to heal wounds. Juniper is another great healer to help heal injuries while guarding against infection. It is great as part of a detox treatment and as a diuretic.
Cedarwood’s claim to fame may be as a deterrent to insects such as moths, mosquitos and fleas, but it is also great in a detox, as a hair tonic, spasms and inflammation. Spiritually, cedarwood is a calming oil which allows one to access ones’ inner wisdom. Fir balsam may make you think of Christmas, but don’t restrict its use to wintertime, although like all these oils, it is great for congested lungs. Fir balsam’s clean, fresh scent is indicative of its power to disinfect. Spruce hemlock is a happy-inducing little oil that also has the ability to clear out congestion. You can use any of these oils separately, or in a blend, but always remember to dilute with a carrier oil (not water) if applying to the skin. ©2017 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St in Centretown. She gives how-to workshops on making natural products for the body and has been creating natural bodycare for over eighteen years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic.
Yoga on Parliament Hill every Wednesday all summer
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. July/August 2017 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Honour Your Body
ime and time again I am reminded by the wisdom of my body… both when I am working with clients and when I am working through my own ‘stuff’. No matter how hard you might try and change the body you were born with – the fact of the matter is that you were born with one body in this lifetime… it might be tall, short, fat, thin, large, toned or flabby. Whatever shape, colour or size – you only get one! It’s yours forever (for the duration of this lifetime!), so accept and embrace it and most importantly – honour it! You see, this precious vehicle we refer to as our body is the expression of your soul and allows your soul to get from place to place, experience to experience here on this physical plane. There has been much research done which shows that most people are less that satisfied with the body they were born with. Some people spend their entire lifetime trying to perfect if with exercise and a good healthy lifestyle; while others opt to surgically change it. If only we could see through the eyes of the Divine how perfect we are, we would know and recognize our own body for what it is – a wondrous temple, a sacred vessel for the soul. As a Mindfulness Coach, it is important to me to look after the physical body with good nutrition, regular exercise as well as meditation and connection to the Divine. Having said this – it is equally important to provide tools, education and support to allow the development of your connection with your own inner wisdom. I came across the following quote recently which I would like to share in closing “The same materials that makes up the universe is inside you. You need not look beyond your own body for Heaven for, in a sense, it’s a state of being and not necessary a location somewhere out in the cosmos”.
Honour and take care of your temple and welcome to Heaven!! Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
WHAT MATTERS MOST
If you would like to come to a gathering to share your ideas and beliefs about what matters most in life on Sunday, Sept. 10, at 2:00 p.m. call (613) 234-5678. Coffee and muffins will be served.
have had the good fortune to participate in two seminars run by the Jungian analyst, James Hollis, Ph.D.: the first one was s s “Finding Meaning in the Second Half llnes we of Life” and the second was “What smokin Matters Most”. The title of this latter frui one is the same as the title of one of his recent books, which also has the xie ty subtitle, “living a more considered self esteem life”. James Hollis talks a lot about t people being dominated by, adapting weigh to, and being governed by their fears. COUNSELLING, COACHING He suggests that, to really love and embrace life, we have to muster the & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE courage to make friends with our Richard M. Haney fears. He makes the observation that, Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist in desiring life, we deny death, and, in (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 denying death, we run from life. Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. One of the techniques that I www.ottawahypnosis.com share with my Partners in Healing www.ottawacounselling.com (clients) is the facility to enhance “uncertainty tolerance”. Uncertainty is a fertile seed bed for emotional and intellectual growth. Comfort, which is the opposite of uncertainty, can become like an addiction and lead to boredom and emotional paralysis, whereas moving out of our comfort zone can cause us to become very creative. Hollis calls this latter way of being a “mystery-driven life”. “Creative legacy” is one of those concepts that really matter. In other words, the feeling that our actions and creations in this life make the world a better place for others long after we “fade away”. For example, in my own life, I was part of a group of seven people who planned and developed a member-owned natural food co-op in Toronto in 1972. www.karmacoop.net On June 24, 2017, Karma will hold its 45 th Anniversary Celebration. Karma’s slogan is: “Sustainable Food, Sustaining Community”. Jane Jacobs, the renowned urbanologist, was a member of Karma and she once said, ” We need a Karma Co-op in every neighborhood in every city.” This is creative legacy.
By Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation) Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758
www.dolphindentistry.com firstname.lastname@example.org 4
3 s Dayly On
1701 Woodroffe Ave, Ottawa
August 25, 26 & 27, 2017
Friday: 2pm-10pm Saturday: 11am-10pm Sunday: 11am-6pm
TO P P R O F E S S I O N A L P S YC H I C R E A D E R S
Palmistry Mediums Tea cups Astrology Numerology Tarot Cards Aura Camera Lectures
You have more to see more to do and more to learn at the psychic fair Ottawa's longest and oldest running Psychic Fair Booth information phone David John, 416 889 5358 B E P R E PA R E D F O R W H AT â€™ S C O M I N G U P !
Free gemstone with admission $8.00; $5.00 with this ad
Good and Bad Swallow
s Swallow-Power or the Force of the Tongue Brain the force that grows the Face? I believe the Tongue Brain is the real Architect of the Face and the Mouth. A good swallow grows the palate and allows room for the airway, the jaws, the facial muscles and the teeth to develop. So a Bad Swallow is the ultimate soft tissue “repetitive strain injury”? It is actually a major trauma or stress to the Autonomic Nervous System. This is also true as well of a bad bite. A bite that is not bilaterally balanced is stressful. It throws off the jaws the, muscles and the airway. Your bite is supposed to be heavy on your back molars and not bumping up against the inside of your upper anterior teeth. We call this “Molars Mighty Anteriors Lightly”. Check it on yourself with saran wrap. The saran wrap should pull through your front teeth when you bite on your back molars. We call the tongue and the swallow-bite the “Tongue Brain” because the tongue is the only muscle organ in the body innervated by the 5 most important cranial nerves. This Tongue Brain w ill now allow medical research scientists to stimulate the tongue to create new brain cells and neural pathways. Wow is the TONGUEBRAIN ever powerful! Prior to birth and at birth the primitive and powerful and most important swallow reflex is ready to swallow and suckle or “latch on to the nipple”. This key reflex is ready at birth to enable breastfeeding. In fact until 6 months of age the baby like all mammals can breathe through its nose and swallow at the same time. We lose this ability to develop speech after 6 months of age. The downside of this is it means we might also choke on food or snore since the breathing tube or the trachea and swallowing tube or the digestive tube or the oesophagus are so close together. Take your time to eat and swallow. Never be in rush to eat talk and swallow. People die every year from choking needlessly.
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 email@example.com 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location
The infant tongue swallow reflex is interesting anatomically and it is very powerful. The milk pad of the palate is the trigeminal nerve’s second division called the incisive nerve connects with the tongue. In the tip of the tongue is the third division of the trigeminal nerve called the lingual nerve? So breast feeding is the trigeminal nerve doing its thing. The third division in the tongue is touching the second division of the trigeminal nerve in the palate in a repetitive sequence. Pretty cool system eh? When it strokes against the palate or the nipple, this muscular repetitive stroking tissue force, empowers and grows the maxilla and palatine bones laterally and forward essentially growing and creating the width and height of the face. If this does not happen then the lower jaw cannot grow downward and forward either. This means we might have a narrow head form and we will have airway and muscularskeletal problems develop like headaches earaches jaw aches and neck aches. The facial skeleton is empowered by the soft tissue power of the tongue and the swallow. The Facial Skeleton which grows downward and forward form birth is very much under the combined influence of environmental influences and partly under genetic control. These environmental genetic forces are called Epigenetic!
They are: 1 The good swallow and breastfeeding or the bad swallow and bottle feeding 2 The lips and tongue forces mould the teeth into alignment 3 The diet! Beware all processed and sugary or salty foods 4 Allergies to diet, dust and dander 5 The level of trace minerals in our diet is decreasing 6 Traumatic events from birth onwards
Are you tired of being tired? Does it feel like your life is falling apart? Are you looking for new solutions for pain relief? We can assist you.
Isabelle Goulet, Ph.D.
• Facilitation of self-healing and awakening • Energy medicine for the body, heart, mind, and soul • Journeying and mind travelling • Space clearing
The bottom line is the tongue makes the jaws and the airway grow. Here is what you have to watch and know: First, is there a tongue thrust? The tongue should go onto the roof of the mouth when the child swallows Second, by 4 years of age there should be spaces between the baby teeth so that the jaws can accommodate the larger adult teeth coming at 6 years of age. Third, the bite should not be too deep or too posterior. So watch the teeth do the lower teeth disappear when the child bites down? Fourth, is the midline on? How do the teeth line up? Is the jaw centered on the face and forehead? So help us monitor your child’s growth and development and keep the trace minerals high in the diet of the growing child and keep those damn sugars low. Call us for a quick consult if you have questions. We can set up telephone consults too. Dr Greenacre and team firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234 5758
Cultivating Trust When Your Reality Has Turned Upside Down
by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within. ike many, you may have the most difficulty trusting when you are faced with a sudden or shocking experience such as job loss, sudden illness or an end to a significant relationship. It can create a jolt to your sense of stability and security and you may struggle with fear. Unfortunately, the fear can stop you from receiving the most beautiful gift of all - to know that you are supported by God, always and all ways. In your foundation exists both that which serves you and that which does not. Often, in part, you are living by what doesn’t serve you, such as ego identification (for example: “I am my job”, or “my relationship is who I am”), or attachments to how things should be. These create false foundations because they are weak, external securities that can instantly vanish. This is what’s shocking; what you thought was secure is not. When these collapse, so can you. However, such experiences present opportunities to awaken your consciousness. They expose what you need to see such as core, limiting, subconscious ideas of yourself or your reality. If it’s too frightening, your ego will try to quickly recreate familiar, solid ground, but once again, your house would be built on the same or similar illusions. Instead, if you take the time to survey the newly-turned landscape, you’ll gain insight as to how that foundation can be excavated to rebuild truer security.
Now’s the Time to Deepen Self-trust I specialize in clearing stubborn limiting patterns. We can bring you freedom with Divine clearing of your 12-dimensional blueprint and healing from the root cause. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
The truth is that no form of negative ego wants to help you to trust or grow. Only by turning toward the God-Self Within will you find unconditional, healing love and your unshakeable foundation. Then you can remember that you are One with All Possibilities. Will you gracefully accept that support? Copyright 2017 www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved. For support, visit www.MelindaUrban.com 17 years intuitive healing experience. Integrating multi-dimensional ascension clearing, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, & vocal healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. In person or by phone 613-253-2888.
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Taking Refuge in Grandchildren
Ian Prattis aking refuge can provide delightful surprises. It is not always a Zen teacher, wise nun or high monk who is there to provide guidance and insight. My grandson Callun has provided quite a few for me. His home is in the town of Nanaimo on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. One summer holiday Carolyn and I spent a sea kayaking adventure with Callun and his father Iain, exploring the fascinating coastline of Vancouver Island. On one occasion when Iain and Carolyn went shopping, I stayed at the house to meditate. Callun was playing outside. He came in crying after a while and tapped me on the shoulder. “Grand Pooh Bear,” that is what he called me when he was a little boy. “Grand Pooh Bear, sorry to disturb your practice but I’ve been stung by a bee on my neck and it hurts.” I opened my eyes and took Callun into my arms and said, “My dear Callun, you are my practice.” I gently took the stinger out of his neck, put some ice on it and cuddled him for a while before he happily went outside again to play. He had brought home to me that all of life is my practice. To my grandson Callun I bow in gratitude for being such a mindfulness bell for me. When I take refuge in this manner, I am aware of Buddha nature being graciously presented to me. Another grandchild, Millie, sent me some drawings for my birthday quite a few years ago. With her five year old determination she endeavored to draw a picture of me with no feet, only one arm, with a fuzzy beard, jug handle ears and much slimmer than in reality! Over my head she had drawn a yellow halo, which is totally undeserving, yet I learned that this is how Millie thinks of me. She was revealing her Buddha nature to her grandfather and I joyfully took refuge in her love and kindness. Several years ago, after leading a meditation retreat on the British Columbia mainland I arranged to take a ferry across to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island to visit with my son and grandson Callun. It was a beautiful calm sea voyage with the sunset dancing in the wake
of the ferry. Although I was tired from the retreat, this was a delightful respite. Both Iain and Callun were there as the boat docked in Nanaimo. As it was almost Callun’s bedtime, he asked if I would read him a story once we got to their home. I was happy to do this. Callun quickly changed into his pyjamas and chose a story for me to read. I lay down on his bed beside him and started to read. In only a few minutes I was fast asleep! My son, Iain, on hearing the silence, came into the bedroom and saw that Callun had pulled the bedcovers up over me and was sitting up in bed with one hand resting lightly on my shoulder, a beautiful smile on his face as he took care of his grandfather. My son was moved to tears by this. He drew a chair into the bedroom and sat there with us all night. He did not want to miss the magic. Three generations taking refuge in one another. Totally present, hearts wide open. Only one snoring, but gently! Dr. Ian Prattis - his moving and eye-opening books are a memorable experience for anyone who enjoys reading about primordial tendencies. Beneath the polished urban facade remains a part of human nature that few want to acknowledge, simply because it is easier to deny the basic instincts that have kept us alive on an unforgiving earth. Prattis bravely goes there in his outstanding literary work. www.ianprattis.com
PSYCH-K® Basic Workshop with Jo Ann Sweeney, NY www.innerbalances.com
August 19-20-Seeley’s Bay, Ontario Learn to access your subconscious mind and change your negative beliefs. Contact Johanne 613-387-3533 www.wellbeingenergy.com email@example.com
198 Main Street, Ottawa, ON • 613-234-9597 • www.thegreendoor.ca July/August 2017
Quantum-Touch Therapy, Grounding and Life: It’s All About Energy
Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch® Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach, Certified Facilitator, Open Space Technology, and Small Group Processes ife Force Energy is the animating current of all life. This concept has been known for centuries in Eastern cultures and recently, accepted in the West. We learn how to use Life Force Energy in a healing modality during the Quantum-Touch therapy Level I training, and we become profoundly aware of how energy is a definitive reality. Following a Grounding workshop on Saturday, this concept and our lack of awareness of it came into my consciousness so deeply, that I’m needing to again address how we create change in our lives at the deepest levels with some very simple energy healing tools. In my energy healing practice, I am a constant witness to the impact of raising the vibration of the system to change the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of an individual’s wellbeing. When we teach students how to use their breath, their imagination and meditation techniques to raise and hold a high vibration in their own system, and allow the system of the client to entrain to the higher vibration, they will observe that the symptoms go away. With an awareness of cellular memory, we realize that the symptoms may not disappear instantly, but the body does remember what it means to be in perfect health. Grounding tools, another way of working with energy can change the impact of others on our emotional and physical bodies creating a clear energy body. We have been affected by ‘others’ in our lives since prebirth, and many aspects of those ‘others’ stay with us, until we discover methods of clearing them. And of course, there are those people with us, whose thoughts and intentions can feel like our own, creating the need for us to act on them… They are not ours, but have been imposed upon us. The very cool aspect of working with energy, is that we can change these ideas within our own consciousness. We can learn the tools to effectively move this from our body and mind, and we will feel the changes immediately within ourselves. And those friends and family close by, will sense this as well. Every aspect of us is normal for us until we realize that many of these aspects are not valid. We don’t know how others feel in their bodies, so this new feeling in us can be quite unusual, perhaps empowering. To understand that we can create these changes, independently, is truly taking back our power. Just think about it, we can all do this. Please check out my website at www.aileensoasis. com to find the dates for the series of workshops on Grounding, and Quantum-Touch Therapy Level I and send me an e-mail for a very complete description.
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
Offering Updated model for the first time
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
Quantum-Touch® Therapy Level I Certificate Training weekend based on the new updated model Saturday and Sunday, August 26th and 27th, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna firstname.lastname@example.org or Aileen’s Oasis www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751 In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. In fact, by the time you have your lunch break on the first day, you will have created amazing results. You will be learning from the first Canadian Quantum-Touch Instructor, with an amazing record.
Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has also been certified as a Open Space Technology facilitator, as well as a facilitator of small groups. She offers workshops in other energy work, including Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® therapy. You can reach her at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com or you can check out her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www.wellnessunlimited.ca and the QuantumTouch website at www.quantumtouch.com
How to manage stress Riverside Acupuncture with acupuncture & Wellness Center By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
hether physical or mental, we all experience stress to varying degrees. Stress plays a huge role in our everyday health and can aggravate health conditions that we already have. Routine, chronic stress can in the long run lead to serious physical and mental health consequences if not managed properly. If you suffer from a health condition, whether it is chronic pain, migraines, insomnia, digestive issues, high blood pressure, poor memory, or even difficulty losing weight, it is likely that stress plays a role in your symptoms. Relieving stress is a very important factor in managing your condition and resolving your symptoms. For thousands of years Chinese Medicine has considered stress to be a major contributing factor to chronic health conditions, and has developed effective ways of treating the negative effects stress has on the body. No matter what condition we are treating, acupuncture works to promote healing by bringing your body back to its calm, relaxed state of healthy functioning.
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
Steve (Eun Kyu) Ryu, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA) Specialized in...
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106
• Infertility • IVF Support For appointments call • Menopausal Syndrome 613-863-6906 • Women's Health www.freewebs.com/newlifeacu • Allergies • Pain Relief www.acupunctureottawa.com Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
1. Acupuncture influences the body’s fight-or-flight response, lowering blood pressure, and heart rate and regulating hormones and endorphins to bring you back to a state of relaxation. 2. Acupuncture reduces levels of our stress hormones like cortisol and boosts endorphins, our body’s natural pain relievers and mood enhancers. 3. Acupuncture is very effective in improving sleep and resolving insomnia, including problems falling asleep because of worry or overthinking, problems staying asleep and restless sleep. 4. Acupuncture has a balancing effect on our emotions so that we are better able to cope with everyday stressors without getting frustrated, angry, or “stressed out”. 5. Acupuncture can break the cycle of constant worrying and bring you to a more relaxed state. This makes it very effective for treating chronic anxiety and depression. 6. Acupuncture can help to calm digestive symptoms and strengthen and correct our digestive system, resolving conditions like IBS, constipation, diarrhea and acid reflux. 7. Acupuncture helps your nervous system to remain in a more relaxed state, and you can expect to feel in better moods, have improved sleep, and better digestion. 8 Acupuncture reduces inflammation in the body and relieve chronic pain conditions like arthritis, that can be aggravated by chronic stress
NEW INNOVATIVE ETHICAL TWIST ON DONATION CROWDFUNDING NO ongoing fees, NO long exhaustive campaigns, NO pleading for money Free Information Session every WED, 7:00 pm, Collab Space, 70 Bongard Ave. Contact: (613) 862-4717 ~ crowdfundingmyway.com/tone
The Purpose of Meditation By Rupa
he purpose of meditation is to purify and sharpen the mind to acquire a suitable place for consciousness to awaken and cultivate; not to let the mind be “blank”, or try to stop thoughts, because the function of the brain is to think. Instead, we train our mind to be an observer and then are able to awaken consciousness to know what is happening in the mind and the world around us. Meditation is a rehearsal of life. During meditation everyone sees and experiences differently. This is because of being under the influence of the modes of nature. Some experience calm, peacefulness and tranquility. Some might feel stress, exhausted and not want to stay still. They prefer moving and acting. Some want to sleep. Meditation gives us a chance to see the pattern of our mind and change the pattern if need be; also train our mind to face stress so when things happen in life we have some idea of how to deal with it. Meditation helps us develop the ability to distinguish illusion from reality and gain strength of mind. Like physical body strength training, we cannot expect it to be easy. The flow of thoughts are like a river. Practicing meditation is like sitting on the bank of the river, observing the flow of the water that comes and goes, but not being affected by the water. Sometimes we see big waves, sometimes we see through the water, sometimes we see leaves floating on top of the water. No matter what we see, we just keep observing, not trying to change anything, not trying to stop anything. Gradually we will be able to not be pulled by the thoughts and not agitated by the change of the thoughts. The repetition of meditation helps to sharpen the mind so we can see more clearly. At the same time, meditation helps expand the capacity of the brain so we can receive more information without being overwhelmed. The process can be hard and long but the reward is extraordinary— we are able to stay calm in any situation in our life with the power of mind.
Wishingtree Yoga – Simply Yoga
Rupa (Ivy) Meditation Hatha Yoga Yin Yoga Kirtan
Welcome to attend Rupa’s (Ivy) meditation at www.wishingtreeyoga.ca Wishingtree Yoga. Rupa has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom. Her living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. Rupa also offers teacher training at Wishingtree Yoga. The experience will let you understand this amazing scientific knowledge and give you practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat! For more information, visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Your largest supplier of massage tables, chairs and accessories in the Outaouais 71, boul. St-Raymond, Gatineau, Qc J8Y 1S3 www.massosphere.com 819-246-6236 ~ 1-866-246-6236 firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Sri Chinmoy Answers TaraMetta
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2016 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com email@example.com
Question: What practical things can I do, either during meditation or apart from it, in order to see light?
SRI CHINMOY: A practical thing is something that comes spontaneously from within and not from without. Here I wish to say that meditation itself is practical. Only what is natural can be practical. So try to feel that meditation is something natural in your life. It is only when you do not meditate that you are doing something unnatural. You are wanting to see light but there are many people who are afraid of light. They feel that if they can hide themselves in a dark room, then they will be able to see the whole world and pass judgement on it from the safety and security of the darkness. When light comes and is ready to enter into them, they feel that all their weaknesses and limitations, all their negative ideas and negative thoughts, will be exposed. But the very function of light is not to expose but to illumine and transform our negative and destructive thoughts into positive and affirmative thoughts. In order to receive light or bring the light that you have within you to the fore, when you start your meditation try to feel that you have come from light and that your whole existence exists inside light. Feel that you not only embody light but are light itself. This is not imagination or mental hallucination. Far from it! It is a real, solid, concrete truth. If you can realise this, you will see a spontaneous flow of light from within. First you will feel it inside your heart and then you will feel it throughout your entire being. There are also other ways of seeing light. One way is through your breathing. Each time you draw in a breath, feel that you are breathing in light and that it is feeding, purifying and energising everything inside you. After a while you will feel that this light you are breathing has totally filled your being. At that time you will see and feel that you are nothing but light itself. Visit www.srichinmoy.org for further writings by Sri Chinmoy
Love, Love, Love Your Inner Child firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
The Frequency of Love
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, RRC, CRC few months ago, I was talking with a client about a variety of issues that she was struggling with. She was not happy and kept focusing on “negative” things that were all around her. Although this was taking place during a phone conversation, I could feel my own energy level coming down slowly. You see, over the past 11 years I have come to understand that energy is all around us and that it has a direct impact on our life. I have also come to know that I must keep myself vibrating at a very high frequency if I want to enjoy the best possible “life” experience. I therefore check in with myself to ensure that I’m vibrating at a 10 on a scale of 0 to 10. This is not always possible but I can tell you that on a “bad” day, I only come down to a 7 and sometimes a 6. This is important to know because when you are vibrating at a 10, you are actually vibrating at the frequency of love. Abundance, health, healing, they all reside here. The word Praxis is defined as being the alignment of your beliefs with your actions. To know when things are in alignment just check into your emotions. If you are happy, joyful, grateful, feeling positive, you know that you are vibrating at 10 or near a 10. If you are feeling anger, resentment, fear, do know that you are vibrating at a low frequency which is not supportive of a positive outcome in your life. We can all decide at which frequency to live our lives. I have chosen to vibrate at a 10 which is the Frequency of Love.
Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawa-based Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Rev. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Psycho-spiritual counselor, coach, teacher, healer
very one of us has parts of us that became wounded in childhood. No matter how wonderful the parenting we received was, it was not unconditional as the love we received in spirit before taking on this incarnation. We call these wounded parts our inner children and we can, from our adult self, present them with amazing healing. When this healing occurs the wounded parts of us mature into healthy, whole parts which then integrate back into our adult self giving us safety, trust, joy, awe, self love and confidence in ourselves. The inner child work is simple. Basically you connect with your child inside around the age of 4-6 years. You create a relationship with that precious being inside and fill that child with love, acceptance, understanding and support. Our inner child is the emotional aspect of our self that has been hurt, repressed, and made to feel unlovable. When connection is made and this is not hard if you can trust your imagination), you can find out what kind of love and support your inner child needs and easily and consistently provide it.
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant firstname.lastname@example.org www.sherryharriscounselling.org 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available I personally have been doing the inner child work on myself for 26 years. It has brought healing for me as no other therapy has. The clients I have taught it to who have embraced it seriously have discovered amazing healing in terms of self love and acceptance. They have learned through dialoguing with and supporting their inner child to release guilt, shame, anger, resentment, fear, anxiety and confusion. They have learned that their healed and healthy inner child (the one that came in initially) is full of love, enthusiasm and awe for life. This child is loving, confident, creative and full of joy at simply being.
The Importance of Human Touch Tracy Montgomery CSB
hen my kids were growing up, they would sing, “Four hugs a day, that’s the minimum, 4 hugs a day, not the maximum...*” I’m not sure about the number of hugs that 3. Stimulate your skin. Our need for touch is about are actually required, but there is pleasure and comfort. Use a loofah or facecloth in the plenty of research confirming that shower. Pay attention to the texture of your clothes touch is fundamental to the human experience. and choose the softest sheets and pillows. Give yourMore than simple sensory input, touch is our first self a hand massage or walk barefoot in the grass. language. Positive, loving touch is vital to human And when you self-pleasure, caress your whole development, bonding, and health, and recent studies body. Remember, your skin is your largest sex organ. show that non-sexual human touch promotes greater 4. Get a massage. Massage practitioners love bodies, trust, decreased violence, stronger immune systems, and the nurturing touch they provide relieves stress, greater learning engagement and overall wellbeing. A encourages relaxation and promotes a feeling of single touch can affect us profoundly in many ways, wellbeing. Give yourself the gift of an hour of touch, and the emotion and context that accompany the touch just for you. If money is an issue, you can check out can change the actual physical experience. your local massage school. Senior students need bodTouch has a huge influence on our relationships. It ies to practice on and their rates are low. impacts how we relate to others and how we feel about ourselves. Humans are communal creatures, and we 5. Join a group, sport or club where touch is part of the program. Dancing, especially salsa, tango, and feel closer and more connected to the people we share circle dancing is a great way to build up your touch touch with – a hug from a friend, a pat on the back from quota. Contact improv, partner yoga and Authentic a co-worker, holding hands with a lover. Relating game nights offer opportunities for consenMindful, nurturing touch is vital for humans to sual touch, and don’t discount the camaraderie of thrive. If we are not getting enough touch, we can feel the locker room- lots of back-slapping and partner anxious, lonely, and depressed. With more and more stretching and high-fives to be had there. social interactions happening online, it’s important to 6. Attend a Snuggle Salon. The Ottawa Snuggle Salon make sure we’re not missing out on opportunities to fill offers a relaxed space where you can experience nurour touch quota. Here are some ways to ensure you’re turing, consensual, non-sexual touch with others in getting your minimum dosage of vitamin ‘T’: the way that feels right to you, moment to moment. 1. Ask for or offer a hug – but don’t limit yourself to People come to the Snuggle Salon to meet new peoyour mother, your lover, or your kids. Chances are ple and enjoy amazing conversations, to touch and to your best friend or your neighbour could use a hug be touched, to practice saying ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ and of too. Plus, whether you are asking to receive or to course, to snuggle. Typically, people enjoy foot-rubs, give, it’s a great opportunity for both of you to pracback rubs, spooning, nuzzling, and just generally tice your boundary and communications skills. snuggling up together. You never have to do anything 2. Cuddle up with a furry friend. Not only do pets ofyou don’t want to do at a Snuggle Salon event- you can fer tactile stimulation and unconditional love, studjoin a group snuggle or simply hang out in your jamies show that people with pets experience less stress. mies and chill. Learn more about the Ottawa Snuggle If you don’t have one, borrow the neighbour’s. Salon at www.meetup.com/Ottawa-Snuggle-Salon
If you would like to learn to heal your inner child we can do this in 5 sessions if you are committed. This will provide a life-long skill to heal your stuck emotions quickly and permanently. Rev. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, OM email@example.com
©2017 Tracy Montgomery is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal sexual dysfunction or the wounds of sexual abuse, and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. She works privately with individuals and couples, facilitates the Ottawa Snuggle Salon and offers interactive workshops on healthy sexuality. Visit her online at www.tracymontgomery.ca * ©Charlotte Diamond 1985
Is Smoking Addictive?
hysically, is it physically addictive? Think about it. Now, I know most of you out there will think, “Well, of course, it’s physically addictive otherwise, I’d just stop.” You’d be wrong and I’m now going to take a few minutes to explain why you’re wrong and why it’s not physically addictive to you. See about 10 years the AMA, American and Medical Association, they got together the best doctors, the best neurosurgeons, the best addictions specialists, psychiatrists in the world. They threw tens of millions of dollars at this project and it was simply to find if nicotine was physically addictive onto your system. And after 10 years of research, a big, heavy paper that you can probably find online somewhere, it’s about 657 pages if you wanna read it. Best minds in the world researching it, you know what they concluded? That nicotine is not physically addictive. Now, interesting when you say, to yourself, “Well, why do I keep smoking?” Well, keep watching the video. See, a cigarette has about 2,500 ingredients in it, about 67 of those are proven to cause cancer. Now, with an addictive substance that somebody uses in their life, you need to keep upping the dosage to get the same effect. Hence, the alcoholic is drinking far more beverages, far more units of alcohol now than when he first started or when she started, the same with the heroin addict, the heroin addict isn’t on the same level of heroin now as they were when they first started because they had to keep up and upping, and upping the dosages.
Now, what tends to happen with smokers is, a smoker doesn’t tend to go from one packet a day to two packets a day to four packets a day to eight packets a day. They generally find their level and they level out that might be one that might be two-packet but then they pretty much have a holding pattern of smoking that same amount throughout their smoking career, but they don’t have to smoke more and more and more once they’ve leveled out to get that same high, it’s another reason why smoking isn’t physically addictive. Now, basically, if smoking was physically addictive then people who work in areas that are filled with smoke like in Las Vegas, like I recently came back to, people who work in bars, people who work in clubs, the casinos, these types of environment where smoke is present. For some of these people who don’t smoke, what would happen is and what does happen oftentimes with them, is they get lung cancer, they actually get cancer through working in these areas, and passively smoking through, years and years and years of this. They die but they still don’t smoke. The passive smokers still doesn’t smoke but they catch lung cancer before they smoke, doesn’t that seem ridiculous? Because it was addicted...if it was addictive they’ve actually got 10, 20 years working in this casino-like or bar environment, they’d be smelling those Marlboro Lights and if it was physically addictive, they’d just come over to you and be like, “What is that? Is that Marlboro Lights? Can I score some of those off you?” No, they don’t smoke. In fact, their system would rather give them cancer or make them die, it does that before they become physically addictive.
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
And I ask you as a smoker, when was the last time that you woke up at 2:37 a.m. and your body is shaking uncontrollably and you are foaming at your mouth, and you’re willing to kill your most beloved person next to you in order to get a hit of your drug, to get a hit of that cigarette? Now, you might wake up and you might go to a washroom, and you might say to yourself, “You know what, think I like a little cigarette to go with this,” you might do that but you don’t have an uncontrollable urge in your body where you foam and there’s a chemical reaction in your body that you have to have it. It doesn’t happen. If it was physically addictive, you wouldn’t be able to go eight hours when you sleep without smoking. Yeah, when you wake up in the morning, the first thing you might choose to do is have a smoke and it might make you feel better emotionally but if you were really physically addicted, you’d have to get up every couple of hours to smoke a cigarette not because you’re already up. Now, when was the last time you went two, three, four, eight hours when you were awake and you didn’t have a cigarette? Now, yeah, you might say, “Well, yeah, I got really angry, I got really annoyed,” yeah, you got emotionally annoyed, you got emotionally angry, you got frustrated perhaps because you used to do that and you used it to help you to control your emotions on some level. I get that but is it physically addictive? Are you going to go into spasms? No. I get alcoholics who’d come and see me. Alcoholics are to a level where their actual medical doctor says to them, “If you stop drinking alcohol cold turkey, you could die,” so they have to be weaned off alcohol. You can stop smoking cigarettes like that. I’ve seen thousands of people do it. In fact, I’ve have helped thousands of people doing it for over 20 years now. I’m not saying it’s necessarily easy to quit smoking but what I’m saying is completely emotional, “Am I discounting what you go through with all those emotions when you stop?” No, it can still be, really, really hard, I get it, I really get it because I’ve seen so many smokers doing this but is it physically addictive in your system/ No, not at all. So we’re going to use hypnosis and turn it around. In fact, I’m going to help you de-hypnotize you so you would just won’t want to do it anymore. It’s almost like if you watch the other video, instead of attracting it into your life like that, what actually starts to happen is after I work to get it starts to repel, so as hard as you try, they just won’t come together, you can’t do that habit anymore. So that’s what we’re going to do when it comes to your smoking addiction, at least mental addiction, let’s clear that up. Mental addiction, sure, still tough. I’m going to help you deal with it. Physical addiction, no, it’s not!
Always Believe, Luke Michael Howard Ph.D. Clinical Hypnotist www.LUKEnosis.com 613-878-5874 Mail@LUKEnosis.com
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
August 19-20 Windsor August 26-27 Peterborough September 9-10 Toronto September 16-17 Ottawa (Almonte) Sept. 30 - Oct. 1 Sudbury
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org, 905 655-6756 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
Opening To Love Weekend Retreat
being, is to hear your own hearts call to love. This will give momentum & courage, especially during the most revealing moments. The receiving for your direct communication with your heart and God/ Divine, happens during these Chipo Introducing Patricia & Bill Clum founders vulnerable moments. As you listen and your heart of “Evolution of The Heart” coming to Ottawa to awakens, ask yourself, are you ready for love and life lead 2 1/2 days Retreat August 4, 5 & 6, 2017 to reveal itself to you differently? To embrace all that is Are you ready to say YES to the call of your heart? alive in your heart? Are you a Yes? Here is what they have to say. The open heart and mind is curious, gentle with self and others. As the ego (mind) begins to surrender, relax any are witnessing the and allow, Divine Presence world ready for more creates the space for all your love. We look for love outside feelings to come up. of self. We support those that Feelings such as frustration, feel a call to love, whisper or anger, disappointment, cry & are willing to deepen sadness may appear. As their journey into love. In you let go, softness happens Ottawa, Patricia met some and judgments, opinions, devotional men & woman. preferences begin to dissolve, feeling the “calling” with an and the wounds begin to heal. invitation to open “in love” Moving beyond the even more. What is Evolution resistance you will discover 4pm, Friday, August 4th 6th of the Heart? We support all, as the love, intimacy, peace Release, Renew,Transform healing & opening takes place and the life you have always and Open to Love in the heart. As you embrace wanted to live. The deeper your heart, life opens to your knowing and connecting full expression. We offer space http://the-barn.ca/ with the Higher self, God Masham, Quebec that creates opportunity for self, embracing all that is you to open fully & live a life begins to open you. There is www.picatic.com/eventottawaopentolove#/edit from the inside out, embrace the willingness at the core of Contact: Chipo Shambare who you truly are. For 10 your being, to hear your own email@example.com • 613-699-0288 years, we have witnessed & hearts call of love, that will supported many people in give momentum and courage, their healing journey. What especially during the most we know for certain is that each heart opens uniquely. revealing moments. Your inner listening and your No two hearts are the same. We know each heart has awakening heart will guide you. divine timing with self. All are being invited from a life lead from the mind, into a life lead by heart/mind/ Interested register at www.picatic.com/or contact Chipo body. A full communication of self, within & with the at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613 7415435 world around us. The willingness at the core of your
Intensive Heart Opening
Meditation Workshop Weekend Retreat
Hypnotherapy That Works
Improve your life through the knowledge of energy • Standardized courses & mentoring • Individual sessions • Meditations LEARN BASIC PRANIC HEALING
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
July 8/9, 2017 | 10:00am-6:00pm Contact: email@example.com
Location: 1226A Wellington Street West 2nd Floor, Ottawa ON (by appointment only)
Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
SPIRITPAINTING.COM New: Downloadable Products
• emotional /physical pain • grieving • relations Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
BOWEN THERAPI Bowen Therapy for Cancer Patients
owen Therapy, also known as Bowenwork™, is the next generation of bodywork. The practitioner’s moves with fingers and thumbs are so gentle that people in wheelchairs, in severe pain, and bedridden can be treated. Precise sets of moves over soft tissue and nerves stimulate the autonomic nervous system to rebalance and support the body’s self-healing mechanisms. Results may include pain and symptom reduction, relaxed muscles, improved healing of injuries, decreased inflammation and swelling, improved circulation and lymph flow, reduction of high blood pressure, improved digestion, decreased cortisol production, hormone balancing, and more. Symptoms Treated Bowen Therapy may help reduce the severity of side effects and physical issues suffered by many oncology patients, without the need for additional medications. It addresses these and more: Nausea; Constipation; Diarrhea; Mood issues; Stress; Headaches and migraines; Range of motion; Stiffness; Joint and muscle pain; Fatigue; Scarring, Swelling; Lymphedema (Search www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed for the research paper entitled Bowenwork for symptom management of women breast cancer survivors with lymphedema: A pilot study.) The result of regular Bowen Therapy sessions is improved quality of life during chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
ISTS OF OTTAWA Testimonials Judy Duciaume of Timmons, ON described how Bowen Therapy helped her during chemo: “As the chemo accumulated in my system, the effects of them would very quickly make me weaker and more susceptible to its side effects.” After the first Bowen session, followed by Round 3 of chemo: “For the next two days I enjoyed life. I… felt energetic. I did not spend hours in the bathroom while my body rejected the drugs. That alone was so different from the last treatment.” Read the full article at www.bowentherapydubbo.com.au/ uploads/1/4/1/7/14174054/bowen_for_oncology_patients.pdf A client of advanced practitioner Ann Musselman in Port Dover, ON described his improved quality of life during cancer treatments: “I began weekly Bowen treatments and experienced energy and much relief from the pain that was in my lower abdomen and neck. I felt so much better and alive after the sessions.” Read the full testimonial at www.bowentherapywithann.org/cancer.html
Free introduction to Bowenwork® therapy and training program being offered on September 22, 2017 from 6:30-8:00 pm at the Village Clinic, 361 Churchill Ave in Westboro. RSVP is required by phone or email. Training program begins in November 2017. For information and registration contact Janet Riley at 613 848-2083 or firstname.lastname@example.org www.bowentrainingacademy.com www.facebook.com/bowentrainingacademy www.twitter.com/janet_BTA
Bowen Therapy Empowers Caregivers A key benefit of Bowen Therapy for cancer patients is that it takes the body out of the stressed “fear, fight, freeze or flight” modes and into a relaxed state that enables healing. Janet Riley, RN, teaches Bowen Therapy in Ottawa. Family members and caregivers who take Module 1 over a weekend will learn basic body balancing and relaxation procedures to support healing. The next Module 1 course in Ottawa will be held November 4-5, 2017. See BowenTrainingAcademy.com for details. There’s a Bowen Therapy Practitioner in the Ottawa-Gatineau region located near you! Refer to the business cards beside this article or visit our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/BowenTherapyOttawaRegion
DIRECTORY used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact email@example.com SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or email@example.com. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. FRIENDS OF JUNG OTTAWA: present / appreciate / share ideas of C.G. Jung. Monthly, 2nd Saturday, 2 pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see https://friendsjungottawa.wordpress.com
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
• Akashic Records TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE: naturopathic doctor, healing groups, weekly meditation, nature programs, retreats, natural products, workshop and therapy spaces in beautiful nature 35 min NW of Ottawa. www.ecowellness.com, 613-839-1198
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are
PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy Testing THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Consistent, accurate, clinical results; food, supplements.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
DIRECTORY • Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, email@example.com INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org ASTROADVICE.CA – Enjoy Free Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Astrology Horoscopes. Order Your Personalized Reading and Get Your Questions Answered. Visit AstroAdvice.ca CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email email@example.com
SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613-415-1139 marieamram. firstname.lastname@example.org
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist firstname.lastname@example.org or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, email@example.com or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Bette@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-722-4249. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 email@example.com
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing RENOVATED CHURCH with attached Spa: Use of Hot tubs, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas included in B&B price. Massage/ Reiki available. Lanark: 613-259-9988;
THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minute Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Chinese Medicine FOR A MORE YOUTHFUL AND BEAUTIFUL YOU. Using acupuncture and the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, this relaxing and comfortable treatment lifts and tones facial muscles, reduces sagging, puffy skin, reduces wrinkles and lines, under eye circles, broken capillaries, gives and natural healthy glow by keeping the body healthy from the inside out. Also experience better overall health, improved energy, calmer mood and a feeling of well-being. Kecia Lee R.Ac 613-282-6217
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email email@example.com DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636.
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple.
ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 firstname.lastname@example.org ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe,supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 email@example.com
CECILIA TAIANA Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | Online Crystal Store and Retail Location | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | 2-Yr CrystalShamanic Certificate Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 613-470-1888 karen@ ascensionhealing.ca | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
DIRECTORY • Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987 ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166 RELEASE THE PHYSICAL, mental & emotional root blocks/stresses/traumas. Regenerate, accelerate physical healing, get guidance from your spirit guides and more… To experience a unique energy healing session with Monica please Email to contact@ monicadumont.com or call 613-864-4724 www.monicadumont.com
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-5651919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical
or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Screen for toxic metals & nutritional deficiencies. HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism THE BEST OF NATURE’S CERTIFIED HERBALIST, Miranda V Martel. Herbal Services: Herbal Spa treatments, Consultations for Balancing Health, Workshops, Walks and Remedies www. thebestofnature.ca Call: 705-561-5365 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained
DIRECTORY pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca
AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within. ca PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right
THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. email@example.com (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst.
DIRECTORY Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. OTTAWA SHIATSU. Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415. www.ottawashiatsu.com HERBAL MASSAGE Lætitia Béguin RMT, ND, herbologist. Pain, nervous system, skin disorder. 39 Dalhousie, Aylmer www.herbesspa.ca. (819) 332-4048
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and
guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Vanier WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://bit.ly/TwinHearts MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Weekly mindfulness practice, discussion & tea.
• Metabolic Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Monitor your health with saliva & urine analysis.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
DIRECTORY • Nature Programs CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Ridgewoods preschool; summer & PD day camps
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Dr. Marcin Padlewski N.D. general practice; monthly patient groups with Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. Hair analysis, food & supplement testing, metabolic test.
• Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Organic Bedding CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Volunteer opportunities & share produce
• Organic Gardening CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression TAKE A JOURNEY and heal energy blocks at a soul level. To book your session with Monica please Email to email@example.com or call 613-864-4724. www.monicadumont.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or
by e-mail email@example.com and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all
DIRECTORY levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
CATHERINE BASTEDO, HOLOGRAPHIC-USUI & KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, RT-CRA, ICRT. Personalized classes in English or French; Reiki Master/ Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Spiritual Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com 819-918-3436. email@example.com MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing
sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Bodycentered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Reiki Master. 1 hour Circa 1894 Day Spa visit included in treatment price. Lanark. 613-259-9988. Circa1894.ca DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com HOLY FIRE REIKI treatments and courses with Martha St. Pierre. 613-422-7286; ladymjs50@ hotmail.com; holyfirereikiottawa.ca
613-470-1888 | email@example.com www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Certificate Crystal Shamanic-Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient Arts | 613-470-1888 | karen@ ascensionhealing.cawww.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with email@example.com
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Supervised or selfdirected retreats in beautiful countryside, yurt, cabin or tents. CHARMING RURAL RETREAT COTTAGE NEAR WAKEFIELD. Couples/individuals. Clean, equipped. Year round. Minimum one month. For details text 819-328-3705.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Schools ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Yr CrystalShamanic Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | EOV (Extra Ocular Vision) | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s School of Remembering & more…
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. email@example.com or 613-355-1832
• Shiatsu OTTAWA SHIATSU Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415 www.ottawashiatsu.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie
DIRECTORY certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
HOT TUBS, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas & more. By the hour, ½ day or day. Massage/ Reiki/B&B attached. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, email@example.com, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. email@example.com
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thai Massage
• Wholistic Dentist
LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St. 613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at email@example.com or www.lorirmt.ca
DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Thermography Breast Imaging CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Theta Healing DO YOU WONDER IF THINGS ARE EVER GOING TO LIGHTEN UP... or if anyone can help? Experienced, compassionate, intuitive, adept at clearing the way. Several methods tailored to your situation and needs. 45-minute appointments; central, phone sessions. Lynda Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, email@example.com, 613-236-5758. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; email@example.com; www.revev.ca MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www. spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
Introducing Ottawa’s New Integrated Web Portal for Healers, Peace Builders & Spiritual Entrepreneurs: AwakeningOttawa.com by Daniel Mauro
wakeningOttawa.com is an exciting new integrated web portal for all things holistic, spiritual, healing, and peace related in Ottawa-Gatineau. The area of land spanning the National Capital Region is sitting on sacred ground. Just as there are planetary chakras located around the world, Ottawa is transforming into a planetary energy centre with its own unique energy signature, vibration, and spiritual mission. In awakening towards its future destiny, our Nation’s Capital has the potential to serve as a spiritual hub for Canada, and potentially, a consciousness leader for the world. On Thursday, June 1, we did our first official launch for AwakeningOttawa. com on CKCU’s I Am Alive Radio Show (see Home page or Blog for interview replay). Awakening Ottawa is a collective of individuals, events, and projects that aims to support Ottawa’s ongoing spiritual emergence, as part of a larger Enlightened Canada initiative I articulated during 2 live presentations in 2016. Whether you are an energy healer, holistic nutritionist, yoga instructor, naturopath, vegan-vegetarian restaurant owner, homeopath, Theta healer, Bowen therapy practitioner, chiropractor, EFT guide, brain optimizing specialist, or spiritual teacher – you have chosen to be on a heart centered path of healing and you need to let others know about your unique services. As of June 2017, AwakeningOttawa.com is the newest web portal to promote what you do and highlight what’s hot in Ottawa. Aside from a convenient Holistic Directory, the site features a Mandate, Initiatives, Events, and Blog page. The MANDATE page describes 6 primary pillars – gentle guiding principles with which the site is structured and continues to evolve. Community integration, spiritual initiatives, and an events calendar are examples of essential pillars that drive the spiritual movement and help organize dynamic activities within the site itself.
Next is the INITIATIVES page, which features largerin-scope spiritual happenings. Of the multitude of Ottawa events taking place on a monthly basis, the initiatives page would primarily highlight conferences, festivals, or movements that impact Ottawa-Gatineau’s spiritual communities as a whole; for example, a HayHouse style event with Gregg Braden, the annual Ottawa Peace Festival, and William Commanda’s vision for the Chaudiere Islands. Then we’ve got the HOLISTIC DIRECTORY: It gives healers, spiritual entrepreneurs, centres and holistic clinics the opportunity to promote their businesses in an easy-to-find, high visibility web location. This directory is categorized into subdirectories that feature everything from solo practitioners and nonprofits, to spiritual trainings & holistic nutrition schools, integrative clinics, yoga centres, wellness shops, and vegetarian restaurants. The directory is also great for web visitors looking for a particular healing modality, holistic service, or training centre. For example, you may be considering a Yoga Teacher Training and want to scope out the different offerings available in the Ottawa yoga space. Or perhaps you want to attend an impromptu yoga class at a centre closest you. In either case, the search process is made easy with a Yoga Centre subdirectory. Last but not least… the BLOG page. Blog posts will consist of concise pieces written by local entrepreneurs on a variety of cutting-edge topics. There are 3 criteria to be eligible to contribute a blog piece to AwakeningOttawa.com. You are: 1) Subscribed to one of the holistic directory pages; 2) An expert on a relevant topic; 3) Published in your area of expertise. For phase 2 of AwakeningOttawa.com (planned for fall 2017) we’ll be introducing a Dynamic Events Calendar. The events calendar is meant to be a onestop shop for all of the exciting activities taking place in Ottawa that align with the overall theme of the site. It’ll be searchable by topic (e.g., sound healing, speakerauthor events, vegetarian festivals, brain health shows, meditation retreats). Also in phase 2, we’ll be adding the “Ottawa Spiritual Entrepreneur Podcast,” featuring regular audio interviews with local health & wellness practitioners, visionary creators, spiritual event planners and heart centered entrepreneurs.
Health & Wellness
Experience the Kangen Lifestyle
Olde Magick 124 King Street West
Saturday, July 8th • 3-5pm
Heron Road Community Centre
Call (613) 246-9203
3rd floor Heron Room 1480 Heron Road, Ottawa, ON
KANGEN means BACK TO ORIGIN in Japanese Feature Speaker:
Water Eduator International Speaker Enagic® Senior Certified Trainer Come Join us for a Live water demonstration Learn how water can: • Bring your body back into a state of balance Natural Prevention • Help reduce free radicals in your body - Less Sickness • Increase energy, mental clarity and may help reduce aches & pains • Remove pesticides from food • Bring food back to its original flavours • Replace household cleaners including detergents • Help reduce skin rashes
The Science of Healthy Aging Your immune system uses amino acids to regulate and repair your organs, but you can't get these vital elements through diet alone. Now there’s a way to measure your levels, and customize your supplements. Learn more at www.aminomics.com
PATRICK LAM 613-290-2727 email@example.com
302-80 Aberdeen Street Ottawa, Ontario (613) 239-0220
AwakeningOttawa.com is positioned to become a premiere spiritual web location for Ottawa’s evolving healing-spiritual-peace building communities. We’ll continue to drive traffic to the site using a variety of digital avenues, social media, videos, and newsletter send outs. But the fastest way to make this thing go viral is through participation and word of mouth. If you feel inspired about what you find on the site and you’d like to support the overall Awakening Ottawa initiative, kindly share the link with kindred spirits and sign up for the Awakening Ottawa Newsletter (at the home page). For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Namaste, Daniel G
BodyTalk: Quantum Fascial Balancing
atching fascia, muscle, bones, and joints release, change position, lengthen, and reshape, by moving them from particle to waveform, introducing energetic changes, and integrating these into the body, is a phenomenal way to facilitate healing. It creates endless possibilities to transform physical structures, e.g. realign posture, increase range of motion, release tension, enhance circulation of blood, nerve, lymph and energy, while strengthening our 3 brains and organs, and addressing related mental/emotional patterns. The BodyTalk System can be used to alter the body’s waveform patterns by observing and suggesting modifications to them, from the perspective of consciousness, so that the greatest health outcomes can occur. While probabilities are different for each person and/or disease, e.g. Cystic Fibrosis may have fewer probabilities to change than a backache, improvements to quality of life and the reduced effects of stressors on all levels can always be facilitated. BodyTalk uses muscle checking to find out what changes the body (via its consciousness) is ready to undertake. The changes requested create a formula that represent the preferred alternate probabilities for that unique body’s parts and systems. The formula is then suggested to the body’s energetic field, followed by implementing a standing wave (catalyst) via tapping over the head, heart and gut brains, which collapses the existing waveform patterns and superimposes the new preferred ones. The energy field then integrates these changes to its patterns, which the body’s structure begins to reflect back through its ameliorated function.
Positive Energy Homes ✔
✔ ✔ ✔
Cheaper to buy & operate than average home in Ottawa High Quality Environment (HQE) with locally sourced healthy building material Resilient off-the-grid solar living Produce more energy than consumed Free energy for electric car (about 80 km/day average) Year around food production with integrated aquaponics system
(613) 686 4474 gpeks.com 34
During my BodyTalk session, I felt energy circulating throughout my body, from head to heart, and heart to solar plexus. I became aware of various mental and emotional patterns that related to the energy in these places and could feel its physical blockages. As Jaya observed these patterns, I began to feel the energy in my solar plexus transform and the organs within it come back to life! It was so powerful. I realized once again, the amazing innate capacity our body and mind has for self-healing when we have the courage to observe, listen to and integrate its wisdom. ~Julie, Ottawa For more information and/or to book a BodyTalk session, please visit Jaya’s website at: www.energythrive. com and/or www.bodytalksystem.com, or email her at: email@example.com. Jaya Hollohan MA is a Certified Advanced Parama BodyTalk Practitioner, Cranial Sacral, Lymphatic Drainage, Mindfulness Life Coach, Reiki Practitioner, Hatha Yoga Teacher and is currently undertaking Peter Levine PhD’s 3 year Somatic Experiencing Professional Training, which assists in trauma resolution. She is Author of the book: “Who We Are When We Thrive: Remembering Happiness and Rediscovering Health”, as well as other conscious media. Jaya is able to provide insurance receipts for her clients accepted by most insurance companies.
Spirituality & Environment Brunch/Conferences
LEED Home For Sale
Aylmer, minutes from Gatineau Park
(613) 482-0448 ecotellus.ca
How can you live a positive & practical spirituality in good conscience with our environment. Get inspired to become an activist as a key to spiritual living & find out what type of daily actions + life decisions présenter Frédéric Pouyot has taken to put in practice his convictions Location: Centre d’écologie et d’agriculture urbaine de Gatineau (lafermemoore.ca)
Summer – The Perfect Time Written by Alexis Nicol
hat better time than summertime to get in touch with your True Self. It is the part of you that lives and breathes as One with all of Nature, seen and unseen. When we take a walk or sit quietly amongst the beautiful surroundings of nature we are knowingly or unknowingly receiving subtle nudges from the Energy of Creation as it speaks to us. Our hearts take on the natural rhythm of life, beating steadily synchronizing with the vibrations of earth, we become more grounded and in tune. Being in nature we get away from all the busyness of daily life. It is easier for us to still our minds, thus allowing us to become more receptive to the energies of the Universal Life Force. Nature speaks continually to us through our environment. With practice we can see and appreciate the many treasures and gifts She has to offer, receiving and sensing the stories She is whispering to our Soul. I can’t emphasize enough how being out in nature is one of the greatest things we can do for ourselves. It improves our overall health – spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally. It cleanses and heals. With every breath taken our lungs are filled with life giving oxygen thus enabling the energy of Creation to flow into
and through our body (blood, bones, organs and brain). Nature is a beautiful and natural medicine for our Soul. Nature is Life, without it we wouldn’t exist. Nature’s energy is in absolutely everything vibrating in the air, water, stones, trees and animals all together, flowing and charging life. It is this Energy that provides us with the ability to live a full life; a life with palpable physical energy, creativity, compassion, etc., constantly moving through space and time. May you enjoy your summer absorbing Nature’s incredible offerings. Breathe, Love, feel and take in the Energy of Life. Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She incorporates Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
F O RMAT IO N/ T R AINI NG Maîtrise du Système Énergétique MD
S TA R T I N G AU G U S T 2 0 1 7
Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N. Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 firstname.lastname@example.org July/August 2017
Transformation of the Self: Friends of Jung Ottawa
riends of Jung Ottawa (FOJ) is preparing a new season for 2017 – 2018. FOJ members meet monthly to learn and talk about Carl Jung and his successors in a friendly informal atmosphere. This season focuses on Transformation of the Self, through a variety of Jungian and post-Jungian themes. Meetings will take place on Friday evenings, from 6:30 – 8:30 pm, at the Richelieu-Vanier Community Centre, 300 avenue des Pères-Blancs. Suggested donation: $15. Friday, September 15, 2017 The Alchemy of the Self How does the ancient art of alchemy illuminate the changes we live through to become more fully ourselves? FOJ member Catherine Betz will lead the discussion using images and concepts from Jung and successors, such as Von Franz, Edinger, Grinnel, Harding and Hillman. Friday, October 13, 2017 The Future of Identity This talk asks: “Do we need new archetypes to guide and understand the transformation of self in a digital environment?” We are seeing unprecedented trends transforming both individual identity and our social fabric. FOJ member John Verdon will explore our past, present, and emerging future to provide insight into evolving archetypal challenges. Friday, November 10, 2017 Holotropic Breathwork Holotropic Breathwork™, developed by Stan and Christina Grof, is a powerful approach to self-exploration and healing that integrates insights from consciousness research, anthropology, depth psychologies, transpersonal psychology, Eastern spiritual practices, and other mystical traditions. Katherine Kimbell, an FOJ member and Holotropic Breathwork facilitation trainee, will present.
In December, there will be a Holiday wine and cheese gathering at a private home to explore the Gordon and Jessica Riddell library, with more than 400 books by Jung and Jungians. For members only, by pre-registration. Upcoming for winter 2018: Astrology, the I Ching, and a talk by a local Jungian Analyst. Visit: friendsjungottawa.wordpress.com
Summer at Perfect Liberty
PL Precept #11 Always be with God Our sincere apologies to all who came out for our yearly Garage sale in June, only to find out that we had to cancel at the last moment. With summer festivities for Canada's big 150 celebrations, there is a lot to do during the next couple of months. We are looking at having a fall sale, stay tuned for more news. Challenges and Change, don't heed summer holidays, and are very good at making themselves known when we are in full steam ahead for a vacation. At PL our doors are always open, we are a phone call away. We are non-denominational we welcome all who share in the desire for World Peace. It is a goal we all in our own way, strive for and want. Together, one step at a time, we will reach reach our goals.
Happy summer to you and yours PL Church, 1010 Hunt Club Rd • 613-225-1850 Rev Eugene – Sr. Minister Dymoon (Hokyoshi) email@example.com
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops. Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details.
Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.Ac, R.TCMP (Acupuncturist and Herbalist) Trained in the art of classical Chinese medicine, Tracey applies her modality to address not only symptoms, but also the root cause of issues so that you can move on to a healthier you! Treatments are customized to your individual patterns. Specialties include pain, women’s health, autoimmune, respiratory, digestive and mental health. Visit www.tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more info. Christina Hearns Christina, the owner of Namaste My Friends, is at Planet Botanix every Thursday from 10-6. She is an intuitive advisor and specializes in what she calls a GIB (Guided Insights & Balancing) process. Some of her tools are reiki, chakra reading and crystal healing. She is also a yoga instructor and teaches Chill Out yoga. nmfyoga@ gmail.com or call 613-986-4648
Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot card reader (bilingual) Come in and see me for relaxing Reiki session. Reiki Master/instructor and Tarot card reader/clairvoyant. I provide ½ hour or 1 hour sessions. Available Friday nights from 6 till 9, please feel free to contact the store or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment ….I welcome walk-ins as well.
Ottawa Interfaith Spiritualist Church 888 Byron Ave (Byron & Redwood), Ottawa Every Sunday at 1:00 PM
Enrique Astorga RMT BA - Massage Therapy, Energy healing and Tarot readings Healing and Restoration An intuitive facilitator, Enrique integrates a wide variety of techniques into his treatments in order to trigger the body’s subtle energies and selfhealing mechanisms into action. Each session is as unique as the person. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 11- 6 pm
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
What Spiritualism can do for you…
~ remove the fear of death ~ comfort the bereaved ~ ~ demonstrate the truth of survival & communication ~ ~ give healing to the sick, and hope to the lonely ~ ~ reveal a new purpose and meaning to your life ~
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries
For info call Rev. Susan Guimond 613-820-8231 Website: www.ottawaspiritualistchurch.com
1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Experience the change with Suzanne Powell
Consciousness educator and author returns to Canada! Her life passion spread through the world with the “Zen Touch” technique.
uzanne, author of various books and Zen Touch educator, dedicates her life to spreading the techniques of self-healing system focused on controlling the nervous system through “Conscious breathing”, meditation, and a simple technique called ‘Zen Touch”. Last year those who attended the two levels of the ‘Zen Course’ (not to be confused with the Buddhist tradition) had the chance to learn these simple tools with which energetic points or chakras are stimulated in order to eliminate blocks. Eliminating blocks allows energy to flow freely, returning the body, the nervous system thus the emotions to a state of primordial equilibrium. Last year (June 2016), after a long trip; Suzanne walked straight up on stage, no frills, showing no sign of fatigue or jet-lag. She stood quietly for three hours
When you awaken to life, you begin to love everything. Suzanne Powell
Zen Course 2017
with Suzanne Powell Free Entrance Level 1 | August 14, 15 and 16 from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Level 2 | August 18 and 19 from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. August 20 from 11:00 am to 2:30 pm. email@example.com facebook: zen2canada Bronson Centre Theatre
Also offered, at a minimal cost: Workshop “A holistic approach to health issues” (CAD $10 charge) Sunday 13 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
in one spot with a calm and assertive body, giving an engaging, uplifting speech in a crystallized, precise and concise, peaceful language, basically walking the talk of her “ If I can do it, so can you” inner strength fostering. The 2016 Zen Course attracted 500+ participants from all over the globe. Souls flew in from Peru, Los Angeles, El Salvador or drove up from Mexico City to be part of Suzanne’s course. There was great magic when more than five hundred people were breathing consciously together as one to the same rhythm. So much magic that the fire alarm at the Bronson Centre theatre went off! This Northern Irish woman living in Madrid, Spain has steadily become a spiritual phenomenon over the years in the Spanish-speaking world. Her teachings aiming to awaken our unconditional love are deceivingly simple and practical yet transcendentally wise, thus, maybe, her wide success: she has 80.000 Facebook followers and has 10 million visits on her blog suzannepowell.blogspot.com.es Founder and president of the La Fundación Zen, Servicio con Amor, Suzanne has also written six books on diverse subjects such as conscious eating, on what is a “Reset” and on cancer, based on her experience of overcoming cancer as a young woman. Right now only “Dare to be your master” has been translated to English. This amazing course is totally FREE and open to everyone. The capacity is limited to 850 people. Please go to this link to book your space: https :// www . ticketea . com / entradas - zen - course otawa-curso-zen-en-otawa-aug-2017/?published=true Zen Course Ottawa, Canada- August 2017 The Bronson Centre, Ottawa Level 1 Zen: August 14th, 15th, 16th, 6:30pm - 9:30pm Level 2 Zen: August 18th, 19th, 6:30pm - 9:30pm and August 20th, 11am - 2:30pm Also, August 13th 2017 there will be a conference on the subject: The Root of disease: a holistic approach. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org Looking forward to see you in this amazing Zen Course! Written by Zsuzsi Karpati with the collaboration of Gaby Saucedo
CELEBRATION Channeled by Lisa Virtue
e are here with you at this time to celebrate all of humanity. You each have a special role to play in the Great Unfolding. Be aware that time and space have no bounds for you. We mean this in the literal sense as your scientists and technology inventors shall surly overcome your limitations. We mean this in the sense of time- and substance-lessness that exists for your true, inner being. It is hard to imagine the capacity to which you are able to affect your perceived universe. You have entrenched deeply in the matter stream. Yet as real and tangible as it may appear, you have the capacity to create it in whatever way you will. You may be wondering how you come to such special powers? Doesn’t it take the powers of God to do such things? Indeed, that is partially true. It does take being a Divine Creator. The secret is…. you already are. Take a moment now to daydream. Imagine an interesting life. What types of challenges would fulfill the adventurer’s soul in this daydream? What loves, interests and friendships would not only be pleasing but advance who you are, and the understanding of that, to new levels? Now finish off the daydream with some flare. Okay. How does it feel then to create? Your daydream experience is analogous to life creation. What did you, the Creator Of All Things (for that is who you and all
else are) decide this life stream was for? Did it satisfy a requirement or need or desire even? Why on Earth has this path been put into expression? You know deep within you. Allow that to find its way to your consciousness here, now. Decide what you choose to do with this new understanding. You can create a life through your conscious decisions. Operating within the physical expression, or tuned into the Divine vibration more directly. Decide for yourselves, Dear Ones, what you will choose to celebrate in and of this life. What are you making of it and does it serve your spirit self? Investigate, if you wish, the way to Divine communion, and/or create that within yourself as a chosen decision to act as the God you are here in Earth time. Enlighten yourself each day with the hopes and passions of a life well lived. Listen to and feel your soul’s response to why you’re here. Go with that Dear Loves. In peace and great blessings, Your true helpers from the beyond. Canada is celebrating…. Celebrate your life, here, with us. In collaboration, Mark Daniel and I have wonderful new offerings for you to discover. Immerse yourself in a CRYSTALS & SOUND BATH. Relax, go deep and beyond as you are held in healing vibrations. Enjoy two skilled practitioners offering powerful transformative energies together. Discover the handbook you actually came with when you join Mark’s ASTROLOGY course. Discourse with the Angels as Lisa channels them for you during a SPIRIT SPEAKS event. All offerings are available as private sessions, as well as our group events. Visit our websites for details and event dates. www.LisaVirtue.com; www.SeraphimSupportedSound.com Lisa (613) 296-4271; Mark (613) 296-6321
W NE ATC W HO VI DE UR O!
HEALTH AT YOUR FINGERTIPS!
Created by Georges Lakhovsky and Nikola Tesla
Here is the PolarAidTM disc application schedule suggested by Dr.Tomić in his protocol for the following conditions where the bioenergy transmitted by antenna has proven its efficiency. However time frame is a base for everyone to start using the disc and to adjust it further according to individual needs. Gynecological and urological problems, PMS, climacteric problems, infertility:
Headache: 2-3 minutes PolarAidTM disc application on chakras no 6 and 7.
10-15 minutes PolarAidTM disc application on chakras no 1 and no 2, to repeat 2-3 x daily if needed. To treat chakra no 1 you can be seated on the disc for 10-20 minutes.
Mood disorders: 10-15 minutes PolarAidTM disc application on chakra no 4, 2-3 minutes application on chakras no 6 and no 7, 10 minutes holding the disc between hands. Rest of the time, to leave it on a table in room where you are.
Weakened libido and potency: To be seated on the PolarAidTM disc (chakra no1) for 15-20 minutes daily and to apply 10-15 minutes on lower back. Obesity: 10-15 minutes application on chakra no 5, and 10-15 minutes on chakra no 3 after each meal. Hemorrhoids: To be seated on the PolarAidTM disc (chakra no1) for 15-20 minutes daily. Constipation and intestinal problems: 10-15 minutes PolarAidTM disc application on chakras no 2 and 3, repeat 2-3 x daily if needed. Painful joints and spine: 10-20 minutes PolarAidTM disc application on painful joint, repeat 2-3 x daily if needed.
Sleep disorders and to improve the sleep quality: To place the PolarAidTM disc overnight on the night table, approx. 3 feet away from your pillow.
PolaraidTM users testimonials: “We are all gratified to have discovered a fantastic tool which being in our 70’s enormously helps us daily to deal with various pains.” “After three months, pains had greatly diminished and I could FINALLY eat meat in sauce and seasonings, and drink wine!”
Neurological disorders (Trigeminal , sciatic etc.): 10-15 minutes PolarAidTM disc application on the painful spot, repeat 2-3 x daily if needed.
“It worked so well on my abdominal pain, I tried on my decade long migraine headaches. The disc took care of that too…”
Pulmonary and cardiovascular problems: 10-15 minutes PolarAidTM disc application on chakras no 4, repeat 2-3 x daily if needed.
“I was amazed in drinking the tap water after 30 minutes on the disc... The taste is delightful...!”
Cold feet: 15-20 minutes PolarAidTM disc application under each foot, repeat 2-3 x daily if needed. Thyroiditis: 10-15 minutes PolarAidTM disc application on chakra no 5 daily.
To be further inspired please visit
Sinusitis: AskDrTomic@polaraidhealth.com 2-3 minutes PolarAidTM disc application on chakra no 6, 2-3 x 1-450-486-7888 daily 40 if needed. July/August 2017