February Theme: Love & Relationships Febuary 2019 Y Vol. 34, #6 â˜® Priceless
Magazine Women, Food & Spirit:
Intuitive Eating, Forgiveness & Unleashing The Divine Feminine
The Power of Relationship Coaching
The Forces of Love, Eros, and Sex
Relationships and Love
Love Simply Put
Experience the loving impact of QuantumTouch Therapy and Law of Attraction Coaching
Love Potion Number 9?
Rev. Alexis Nicol
A Relationship with Your Soulful/Human Self
Presents a workshop designed to facilitate
Healing Your Broken Heart February 16, 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org 613-286-8046
Partner Yoga By Ivy Xie-McIsaac
Love Potion Number 9?
have talked about the therapeutic aspects of essential oils in several of my articles, but did you know they also act on an emotional level? And an energetic level? These gifts from nature are so versatile, it is hard to imagine anything they can’t help! Since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, I thought I would share some information to help you create blends for that special someone. Ylang ylang, Cananga oderata, literally means flower of flowers. As well as lowering high blood pressure, general skin care and calming the central nervous system, it is also toted as an aphrodisiac. I find ylang ylang on its own is really overpowering. If you wish to balance out its intensity, it blends well with lavender and citrus oils. My favourite combination is with lime and black pepper! Patchouli, Postemon cablin, is another oil of many talents. It is also useful in skincare, as well as repelling insects and feelings of exhaustion. Patchouli is indicated in cases of frigidity, and, as with ylang ylang can be a pretty intense aroma on its own. Patchouli blends well with lavender, orange and bergamot, to name a few. I tend to think of frankincense (Boswellia carteri) primarily as a spiritual oil, although it is also excellent for pulmonary congestion and digestive aid. In terms of enhancing sexuality, frankincense lessens anxiety, tension and stress-all conducive to a romantic interlude. Geranium is a wonderful balancer: for hormones and for skin. Because of its hormonal effect, geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) may help to balance out moods, and so is included here. Everyone knows lavender, a mood enhancer and calming oil. There are many different species: the two best known being Lavandula angustifolia and Lavendula officinalis. Lavender also has wonderful skin cell regenerating properties, and is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, so useful with injuries. The flower kingdom also gives us rose, jasmine and neroli. Rose is a heart-centered oil and, like geranium and lavender has an affinity with the female
reproductive system. The best known species are Rosa damascena and Rosa centifolia. The florals are pretty easy to blend with other oils. Jasmine is considered an aphrodisiac. Common species are grandiflorum and sambac. Jasmine Grandiflorum flowers bloom in the early dawn as opposed to Sambac which blooms in the evening. Jasmine’s ability to be an antidepressant may help its reputation as an aphrodisiac. It is also wonderful for coughs and laryngitis, and is helpful for most skin types. Clary sage is included because it is a good nerve tonic, as well as an antidepressant and sedative. It does have the reputation of being an aphrodisiac, and this may come from the aforementioned characteristics, as well as its ability to balance out the female reproductive system. Clary sage (Salvia sclarea) has an unusual scent that blends well with the citrus oils, among others. I would be remiss if I did not mention sandalwood in this article. We carry both Australian and East Indian varieties. Sandalwood is well known as an aphrodisiac, helping with impotence and frigidity. Its scent is very gentle, and combines well with most other oils. You may be beginning to see a pattern here: many of the oils are relaxing! Scent is very powerful on its own, but the advantage of the essential oils is that they have therapeutic properties as well. I welcome you to come in and experience the scent of these oils firsthand! ©2019 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St (Near Somerset). As well as providing the ingredients for DIY bodycare, she also facilitates monthly workshops. www.planetbotanix.com 613.567.4444
The fine print …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. Published 11 months/year. Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner. Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com; Web: www.tone.ca • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • www.facebook.com/tonemagazine • www.instagram.com/tonemagazineottawa • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Tone Advertising Rates …
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
Listening To Each Other
Many people report that they are amazed at how good it feels to be able to express their feelings without the fear of being interrupted and without the fear that he following is an exercise which will help you what they share will be used against them later. Many report that it is the first time that to start listening better to each they ever felt that their message was other and to communicate and/or s being heard by the other person. s s negotiate with each other more fully: e lln Many report that it is the first time we smokin that they ever felt that somebody frui 1. Each of you gives the other was really listening to them in their your undivided attention for 10 whole life!!! xie minutes. ty 1. Some of the topics that couples self 2. This is best done in a quiet place -esteem can share during this exercise are: away from all distractions such t 2. About the good and/or bad weigh as children, pets, phones, t.v., aspects of their life. traffic, etc. COUNSELLING, COACHING 3. About an issue that hurts them 3. The person who is sharing & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE badly. commits himself or herself to Richard M. Haney 4. About an issue that brings using “I” statements only. They Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist them great joy. never refer to the ” listener ” in any way. The person sharing (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 5. About something that they Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. doesn’t have to talk. Talking would like to apologize for or be www.ottawahypnosis.com is just one of many ways of apologized to for. About something www.ottawacounselling.com communicating. They can cry, that they would like to give or laugh, mime, recite poetry, etc. receive thanks for. Something that expresses their feelings, hopes, 6. About a boundary that they have which needs to fears, anger, moods, etc. either at the time of the be respected. exercise or over some other longer period of time. 7. About something that they would like to be 4. The person listening does only that…just listening. recognized for. They do not speak at all and they are spacially and emotionally ” just there for ” This article was written in by: Richard M. Haney, their partner. M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation). 5. The person listening promises to never ” Richard has been practising Wholistic bring up ” the issues revealed by the sharing Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and person at any time in the future. Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. 6. After the exercise is over the couple can Richard: (613) 234-5678. E-mail: richard@ review, assimilate and learn a great deal ottawacounselling.com about what transpired during the exercise.
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location
Develop Spiritual Wellness Create Balance in Your Life
re you searching for deeper spiritual meaning in your life? You are not alone; the hectic demands of life in the 21st-century has made many people feel disconnected. Perhaps what you need is a spiritual connection to bring about a sense of balance and completion in your life. Many people confuse spirituality with religion and believe that spiritual wellness can only come from religious beliefs. However, spiritual balance comes from more than subscribing to a religion. Some people do seek religion for their spirituality, but spirituality can also be achieved without belonging to a specific religion. How to Develop Spiritual Wellness Essentially, developing spiritual wellness means working toward identifying what you believe in and how well those beliefs can give you inner strength through even the roughest patches in life. How do we achieve spiritual wellness? Each of us must develop our spirituality in our own way. Your chosen path may take you on a different journey than someone else’s. When you are ready to begin your journey toward spiritual wellness, here are some suggestions to consider: 1. Question the purpose of your existence. Ask yourself a few key questions as you go on a quest to achieve balance through spiritual wellness. Selfexploration is the key to developing your spiritual balance. Ask yourself: • What defines me? • What is the purpose of my existence on this planet? • What do I want out of life?
2. Connect to what is meaningful. After you have answered those questions, your next mission is to connect to and identify with the things in life that you want to represent you. Do you believe in helping others? Is it your interest to sacrifice the physical aspects of life to gain spiritual strength? Put your answers to these questions to work. Becoming spiritually strong involves believing in something. It involves identifying your purpose and working towards achieving that purpose. Most importantly, it involves becoming truly happy with your life. Achieving spiritual wellness is not an overnight process. With determination and dedication, you will find yourself connecting with another aspect of your existence that you never realized. More and more things will become clearer to you and you will start to experience true inner peace, no matter what challenges you are faced with!!
Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
Your journey through life has a purpose; there is a reason that you are here. The inner voice that’s connected to your higher self knows this to be true, whether or not your ego or the collective consciousness of society allows it to shine through. Do you ever wonder how or why our thoughts seem to coincide with events? That’s our intuition guiding us along the proper path. We know when things are right, and we know when things are off balance; our gut will always send a signal, but it’s up to us whether or not we listen. ® In ThetaHealing®, practitioners work with clients to uncover their true beliefs. Through methodical By Carmen Gélinas, MBA, PC digging, and in examining the roots of our core beliefs, e are creatures of habit, intrinsically guided, we can discover our higher purpose. As individuals, empowered, and sometimes, inhibited by our we are then able to let go of the beliefs that no longer thought patterns and beliefs. For most of us, our beliefs serve us and replace them with a refreshed outlook; a are rooted in our childhood and have come to define foresight that helps us manifest our truest selves and who we are and what we desire to accomplish. However, motivates us to achieve personal goals. By utilizing as strong paradigms that keep us anchored to the past, energy techniques and incorporating the best practices these beliefs can also hold us back by creating uneasiness from other energy healing and spiritual modalities, about our external world and kindling worries that ThetaHealing® provides intuitive and overarching affect both our spiritual and physical wellbeing. In insights to the planes of our existence and our realities these modern times of rapid and disruptive societal within this framework. It also offers helpful approaches changes, clinging to our obsolete beliefs can render us that are specific to life situations, such as relationships, feelings of helplessness, anxiety and stress, especially financial or personal abundance, weight gain and more. in response to traumatic events. In some strange sense, Please visit www.letstalkcoach.com and join us in however, these often debilitative beliefs appear to be an introductory session where you can witness the ThetaHealing® training in Ottawa serving us, acting as a security blanket that protects us power of transforming your beliefs firsthand. Let’s Change your life with this new modality from change. But, why? Talk… Coaching & Energy Healing is uniquely qualified Change is not easy, but sometimes, it’s necessary. Too in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec to offer the full Basic March 9-11,leading Advanced often in life we restrict ourselves, us toMarch become12-14 suite of ThetaHealing® practitioner seminars in both Dig Deeper March 15-16, 2019. imbalanced or ill-positioned to adapt to the most fruitful English and French, from “Basic and Advanced DNA,” Register now andand save $400! path. Without change, it can be difficult, sometimes through “Intuitive Anatomy,” “Digging Deeper,” near impossible, to manifest opportunities as life unfold “Planes of Existence,” “DNA3” and more. For morebeliefs, information & to register around us. Personal even those closest to our Carmen has received the level of Master ThetaHealer® www.letstalkcoach.com or core, can often be the cause of this, but thankfully, these as well as the highest level of Certificate of Science in 613-746-9113 or and quicker than you can be positively transformed, ThetaHealing®. Her focus is to work in the field of Energy might think. email@example.com Healing using the ThetaHealing® modality. She is an experienced Coach and Energy Healer with a demonstrated history of working in energy healing field as well as the Do you have some distress in you? coaching & professional industry. Are you looking for better health or opportunities? She is a natural intuitive and has been working in the intuitive field since 1990. With a one-to-one session the possibilities are limitless.. As a coach and energy healer Carmen As a Certified Advanced Theta Healing® Practitioners I work with you to is driven by her passions in seeing her identify and release the blockages that are causing challenges in your life! clients and students grow and flourish This session help change your core beliefs and feeling to empower you to physically, emotionally and spiritually. have a better life. During the one-to-one session the possibilities are She believes that the greatest gift is to be limitless. We can look at issues such as: health, weight-loss, career & life able to help another person achieve their purpose, soul mates, and many more clearings. I work from the theta goals, dreams and desires. brainwave and with God the Creator of All That Is to co-create the changes. Carmen holds an MBA, is bilingual (English & French) and fully trained in Book your appointment at www.letstalkcoach.com/booking or via phone the fields of: Energy Healing, Teaching, at 613-746-9113. Theta Healing® works just as ThetaHealing®, Life Coaching, Wellness effectively over long distances as it does in-person. Coaching, and Business Coaching.
Transform Your Beliefs; Transform your life with ThetaHealing
Change your life with ThetaHealing®
Ceremonial Healing & Meraki Mosaics Presents a workshop designed to facilitate
Love Simply Put Written by Rev. Alexis Nicol
Healing Your Broken Heart Many of us share the experience of having our heart broken. Sometimes it feels like the pain will never end. C simple, releasing ceremonies that will provide you with the freedom to move past the hurt. We will have few surprises and your heart will thank you for it. Tickets: $95.00 Eventbrite maximum 10 participants
February 16, 2019 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Near Woodroffe and Baseline Please R.S.V.P by February 12 to Lynda White at firstname.lastname@example.org 613-286-8046 for address information
ThetaHealing® training in Ottawa
Change your life with this new modality Basic March 9-11, Advanced March 12-14 Dig Deeper March 15-16, 2019. Register now and save $400!
For more information & to register www.letstalkcoach.com or 613-746-9113 or email@example.com
ebruary is known for being the month of Love and has inspired me to express my interpretation of the meaning of this somewhat controversial word and sentiment. The following comes from my humble point of view. Written below and simply put, I express to you what Divine Love means to me. Love IS the essence of ALL life – It is the Divine Power from which we are created. Over the span of humanity we have clouded the true meaning of Love. Growing up many of us are led to believe that if we follow all the rules and be good we will in turn receive love. This is not real love as it is conditional. It can teach us to become manipulative, selfish, depressed, dependant, or a myriad of other descriptions in order to gain “love”. On an internal level we are confused about whether or not we are deserving of love. We may feel guilt, fear or judgement. We aren’t understanding that we don’t need to look outside of ourselves for love. We are the LOVE we are searching for. Love is within each of us. IT is our truest/purest Self - It is who we are. We are all motivated by Love. It is our choice whether to listen to Its or the egos messages. When acting with the power of Love our lives and those we touch are more empowered. We are more creative, happy and peaceful. It is a freedom like no other. Loves energy is palatable, it can be felt in so many ways; it is like a warm embrace that lights up our hearts, it is inspiring and life enhancing and emanates from our Source. If you reflect in the moment, you will innately know when you or anyone else is acting from a place of love or ego. Try to remember that Love is not conditional or judgemental, It is pure and humble. During this month and with continued presence, might we all strive to realize (bring to fruition) the Divine Love residing within ourselves. Alexis believes in a Wholistic Metaphysical approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines natural healing modalities in her practice. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
February 2019 Change your life with ThetaHealing®
Do you have some distress in you? Are you looking for better health or opportunities? With a one-to-one session the possibilities are limitless..
Sri Chinmoy Answers
ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Question: How can I have love for everyone in my heart all the time?
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Dolphin Dentistry Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com firstname.lastname@example.org 8
SRI CHINMOY: If you want to have love for all humanity, then you should know how everybody came into existence. Humanity came into existence from the Source and that Source is God. When you love God, that means that you are watering the root. So naturally all the branches and leaves will get water also. If you want to love your neighbour, or your wife, husband or child then you have to love God first. God is the Source. If you do not go to the Source, who is all Love, then it will just be words when you say, “I love you, I love you.” There is no way for any human being to establish real love except by becoming one with God’s Love. Through God, you can have a free access to any individual on earth and, at that time, your love will be most pure and most effective. To see, feel and become love, every day when you meditate, please say the word ‘love’ before you start your meditation. When you utter the word ‘love’, try to feel that your arms, your legs, your eyes and every part of you has increased its capacity. Take the arm, for example. The arm means strength. When you say the word ‘love’, you have to feel that your arms have become stronger—not for striking anybody, but for working more for humanity. Then concentrate on your eyes and try to feel that you are using your eyes to see only good things in everybody. When you concentrate on your ears, feel that you want to hear only good, encouraging and inspiring things. If somebody says bad things, you will just keep your ears closed. Then afterwards, try to concentrate on your inner consciousness. Try to expand it. First you repeat the word 'love' in a human way with your body, and then you repeat it in a divine way, with your inner consciousness. Automatically you will have love for God, and when you have love for God, you will feel love for humanity. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
613.836.2355 • www.kaivalya.ca
Offices in Hull & Stittsville
Empower Your Life-Path!
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR: • EMOTIONAL/PHYSICAL PAIN • GRIEVING • RELATIONS • REGRESSIONS • WEIGHT • ADDICTIONS • STRESS • ENERGY LEVEL • HEALING THE PAST .
» Lynne Cardinal
PH D. EASTERN PHILOSOPHY, NGH CERTIFIED HYPNOTIST, COACH, TEACHER
Opening Our Eyes by Lynne Cardinal
Your great mistake is to act the drama as if you were alone. - David Whyte from the poem: Everything is Waiting for You
ne of my favorite poets is David Whyte. He has the ability to transmit a vision, opening in us new ways to see, feel and experience life. In his excellent poem “Everything is Waiting for You” he leads us away from the tendency to feel like we are alone, inviting us to see things differently. To open to a completely new experience and access a sense of intimate connection with our surroundings. This feels refreshing, liberating, and helps us heal our wounds and release our fears and our sense of separation. I have also experienced this sense of solitude in my life. You may have also felt it too, feeling at times disconnected with life, your community, friends, or intimate partner. Life is challenging! This lack of connection generates a sense of aloneness, perhaps of feeling abandoned, not appreciated or loved. I see it all in the school of life while constantly learning, and ultimately returning to love and to a sense of unity or oneness with all. I have taken numerous trainings and studied with various teachers during my life. Despite some real disappointments or disillusionments in some instances, I can say that I have learned from all of them. I admittedly also learned from the disillusionments! I also studied and trained in individual and collective trauma work and learned about the transgenerational influences we all carry. From this great exploration, I felt that I was able to understand myself better, and to understand others as well. We all carry a certain degree of hurt from our past, from our parents, and influences
from generations drifting far into the past. I also believe that we also are following a path, incarnation after incarnation. And that we are all interrelated. We are all in this together. It is a great journey. Healing our wounds and the burdens we carry will help us move forward and connect with the truth, to see more clearly. We are not alone and we can help each other’s tremendously -don’t be afraid to ask for help. Lynne Cardinal holds client sessions in Hull and Stittsville in Coaching, Stress management, Hypnosis and Meditation. She is also offering monthly MINI-RETREATS: on Saturdays, starting on January 12th. The monthly mini-retreats explore meditation, invite conversations and the exploration of the principles of meditation. These friendly meet-ups will help you integrate the useful and pragmatic philosophy that surrounds meditation. For more details call 613.836.2355 or visit our website. Lynne has a PhD (alternative) in Eastern Philosophy. She offers Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors and has done so for over 30 years. She is also a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression. She has completed a two-year extensive and advanced training with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation and Healing, and on Trauma (individual and collective) work. She has trained with Diane Hamilton in Conflict Resolution and with Diana Martinez on Family Constellation. For more information or to book a session call 613.836.2355 or www.kaivalya.ca; email@example.com
Kaivalya Centre ®
Awakening Your Potential 9
A Relationship with Your Soulful/Human Self
n a book about a Mohawk Chief, it is inferred that to live a life focused mostly on human earthy ways is to be “human” but to live a life with Spirit-infused energy along with the earthy Human, is to be a “Human Being”. Mother Teresa, for example, was a Human Being – serving human life and needs through her Spirit infused actions. The story in the above-mentioned book goes on to say that because of the duality of who we are, we can never get rid of one of the two sides – like a coin, living on Earth we are two-sided. We live in a world of contrasts – light and dark (and anything in between) - in all aspects of living. Chief Leon Shenendoah is known to have said that to try to get rid of the “shadow/human energy” is not only impossible but to try to do so brings trouble. What needs to be taught is how to manage the two energies, the Human and Soulful, in order to have a vibrational balanced Life, which includes the mental, emotional, physical, and Spirit/Soul energy. When we speak of relationships, we tend to focus on how we are with other people and that is a valid point. But how compassionate are you towards your Self? How in tune are you and how knowledgeable are you about your personal energetic mix? As we go through life, we express our Spirit/Soul components in many ways. All individuals using their skills and talents in a positive way, in any subject matter, are actually fulfilling their Spirit/Soul mission. Having a relationship with our “Energetic Being” is a sacred experience that is absolutely not tied to religion but rather, service and learning life lessons that come with it. It is simply doing what you have come to do and doing your best doing it. As you mature, you grow and your service changes as can your mission take on a different tangent. The quick pace of change on the planet right now can bring on confusion, as it can be difficult to know how “to be” in terms of where these new contrasts are taking
us. The language of the Soul and its study can provide a guide and a counter-balance to stop the pendulum from swinging too far into materialism and/or technology. Does it ask you to stop being Human and having Human needs? Does it ask you to go backwards in time? Absolutely not! As a matter of fact, to develop a balanced relationship with all the energetic aspects of yourself can actually bring clarity and help you move forward as you get what you need, guilt-free! This is a time of great opportunity. But you cannot know that until you become curious enough to explore the balanced Soulful/Human path of self-discovery. How curious are you? Diane Oliver, Energetic, Wisdom-Based Coach Dignity101.com 613-261-1602
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
Are You Arguing with Life? by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR)
ife happens – a constant flow of joyful and painful change, and everything in between. Human resistance is as certain as change, because when the negative ego dislikes anything that is unfolding in life, whether it’s minor or profound, it seeks a means to avoid it. Unfortunately, wanting things to be different than they are through ego-control only amplifies trying circumstances and creates suffering. Ego can make a mountain out of molehill, and protest almost anything. To the conscious traveler, being reminded that resistance is futile is only somewhat intellectually helpful. Trying to circumvent your resistance is only more resistance. So how do you respond to your ego? Defining resistance clarifies all else. Ego resistance is rich in its expressions: it can be described as blocking your own path, swimming against the tide, digging in your heels, getting in your own way, or refusing to step past the edge of your comfort zone. Resistance can take on many nuances: we can obstruct, strike out, slow things down, struggle, or rebuff. When I heard spiritual teacher Adyashanti refer to it as “arguing with life”, it seemed to be an equally accurate description for ego’s dissatisfaction with big change as much as its grumblings about daily life. No matter how you describe it, the bottom line is that when you are resisting, you are unwilling to accept what is and you move against the flow of experiencing. Personally, it helps me to define resistance as being out of alignment with one’s Highest Self. In other words, if you accept that there is a higher purpose in your experiences, then you trust that whatever is present in your life is an opportunity and choice-point for your Highest Good. It increases your willingness to respond from your Spirit, with self-responsibility. To help you discern your ego patterns of resisting and manage them, read the full article at www. AwakeningtheTruthWithin.com 18-years intuitive energy psychotherapy and multi-dimensional healing, for lasting change. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. Support for children and animals too. In person or by phone/skype 613-253-2888. Amâeil (Melinda Urban) 2019
Relationships and Love:
Experience the loving impact of Quantum-Touch Therapy and Law of Attraction Coaching Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch® Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Certified Law of Attraction Coach, Certified Facilitator, Open Space Technology, and Small Group Processes
s I contemplate my life going forward and reflect upon the life I’ve lived for these many years, I have recently become acutely aware of how my work with Quantum-Touch Therapy has contributed to not only my physical and emotional well-being, it has also provided me with the confidence to have a business that was mine alone, and that all the massive learning curve I negotiated has been priceless in its value. I became a Certified Quantum-Touch Instructor in 2004, and have been offering these workshops as well as private sessions on a regular basis since that date. In September, 2017, I decided to become involved with the QSCA Coaching work with Christy Whitman. This is a certification program based upon the work of Esther and Jerry Hicks and Abraham, as well as Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer. When I received my reading list for this program, I realized that I had 8 of the 12 books on that list, and I’d had them on my bookshelves for 20 years. Clearly, that was the coaching program in which I was meant to be certified, and I have now become a certified coach. What I have come to realize is that through this coaching program, my level of confidence has increased, I can connect to my intuition, and I find it really powerful yet simple to help others find the answers they are seeking, to find clarity in their lives, to make decisions with which they had been struggling. In my own life I have come to understand many of my old issues and to find solutions and ways to get past their impact on my
The Canadian School of Naturotherapies and Spiritual Development is all online! Become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist. www.canadiannaturotherapies.com Cheryl Jiala Driskell is happy to help you find Health, Happiness and Spiritual Awakening. Over 30 years of training and author of 4 books. Wakefield, Ottawa and Skype sessions available. www.intuitivelight.com 819-328-9128 WAKEFIELD Retreats too!
Breakthrough in Energy Healing Offering Quantum-Touch Therapy Hands-on Private Sessions and Training In Ottawa serving Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec And through the use of Distant Healing technique, SKYPE and ZOOM, the rest of the world:
Aileen McKenna: Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Law of Attraction Certified Coach Certified Aromatherapist
Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272 613-795-3751 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com life, such as those times when I feel down, or sad, and I can’t bring myself up. I can find the perfect solution in my little toolbox of processes from my training, or better still, I’ll have a coaching session with one of my peers, and feel the heaviness vanish in a moment. This work is really powerful and life changing, so in 2019, give yourself a treat, and explore the possibilities of working with a Certified Life Coach, someone who has been well trained to offer you their expertise to helping you to find your own response to your dilemma. Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen is certified as an Open Space Technology facilitator, and a facilitator of small groups. She offers workshops in other energy work, including Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® therapy. Aileen is now a Certified Law of Attraction Coach. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, at 613-7953751, and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, at email@example.com, or you can check out her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www.wellnessunlimited.ca and the Quantum-Touch website at www.quantumtouch.com
Pathwork: The forces of love, eros, and sex
o you ever find yourself pondering questions such as: Why does falling in love feel so intoxicating, and why doesn’t that feeling last? What is the deal with ‘Cupid’s arrow’? Why do so many long-term relationships lose their sexual ‘spark’, though they remain affectionate? And what exactly is eros, anyway? According to the Pathwork, love, eros, and sex are three distinct forces that are all required in order to create sustainable love relationships. When these forces mingle harmoniously, relationships thrive. Eros is the spark that first gives us a taste of what ideal love could be, and can create a bridge to love if the willingness to learn how to love is present. Maintaining eros, instead of letting that flame die out, is what keeps aliveness in a sexual relationship; and love is required to keep eros alive. At the next Pathwork Open Lecture, we will look in more depth at these forces and discuss their spiritual purpose, what happens when only one or two of them are at play, what is the true purpose of marriage or longterm committed relationship, what are its pitfalls, and what is required in order to move through these. We will also do an exercise to look at eros and love in our own lives (whether or not we are in a relationship, these forces are essential to our aliveness).
Pathwork Lecture 44: The Forces of Love, Eros and Sex, will be the topic of this Open Lecture. All are welcome on Wednesday, February 20 at Saint Paul University, 233 Main Street, room 141 from 7 to 9 pm. Follow the signs to the room. There is a suggested donation of $15 for non-members and $5 for members. The Pathwork lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org For further information, contact Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-829-1254.
Women, Food & Spirit:
Intuitive Eating, Forgiveness & Unleashing The Divine Feminine “Who is she? She is your power, your Feminine source. Big Mama. The Goddess. The Great Mystery. The web-weaver. The life force. The first time, the twentieth time you may not recognize her. Or pretend not to hear. As she fills your body with ripples of terror and delight. But when she calls you will know you’ve been called. Then it is up to you to decide if you will answer.” ~ Luch H. Pearce
omen have had a long-standing love affair with food. There have been times when food has been healing, relieving, comforting and soothing. And there are times that women have had an ashamed, out of control and frustrating relationship with food. It seems that, during these times, no amount of willpower is enough to shift our dynamic with the very life source that sustains us in physical form. So, have we ever asked why? And better yet, have we ever asked if there was a better way through this complex relationship? Through the mass marketing of the diet industry (that is a multi-billion dollar industry) and the ever changing recommendations on what we should eat, we’ve forgotten one crucial element. Our relationship with food, as with everything else, is meant to be intuitive, loving, nourishing and pleasurable. So how have we fallen off the rails? Why have we become closet eaters who live with a rift between where we want to be with our bodies and where we actually sit in our bodies? To start, we can point to the historic role of the feminine on this planet. Even though the feminine, in her most organic state, is fluid and nourishing and free, we’ve seen anything but that in our ancestral origins. The feminine has been tethered, giving (to the point of exhaustion), stifled and repressed. And to top it off, we’ve been encouraged not to receive. So we’ve been left feeling overwhelmed and deficient. Anytime there is deficiency, there is a need to FILL that void. Anytime there is powerlessness, there is a need to somehow take that back. Food, then, becomes the silent lover, the consoler, the void filler, the happiness maker. And because we’ve assigned food to fill in the deficiencies that we have felt so deeply, we’ve removed our intuitive relationship with food. We then start to rely on outside sources to tell us how to us, what to eat and when to eat. We’re shamed when we eat meat. We’re bad when we eat sugar and we’re degraded when, God forbid, our bodies don’t look perfect.
Women, Food & Spirit:
A Full Day Masterclass on Intuitive Eating, Forgiveness & Unleashing The Divine Feminine Presented by Ann Jarvis – Intuitive Energy Healer, Holistic Nutritionist & Metaphysical Teacher This full day workshop takes us deeply into women’s complex relationship with food, themselves and their Divine Feminine. For any woman who has ever struggled with food, shame or body issues, this is an opportunity to understand and uncover what might be at the heart of this complex relationship. The workshop will cover some of the following topics: • Why the diet industry is like a hamster wheel that never lets you off • How looking to exterior sources for ‘dieting advice’ deepens our sense of powerlessness • How to take back your power • Intuitive eating • What shame has to do with disordered or uncontrolled eating • The feminine deficiency syndrome • Forgiveness • The ultimate relationship The day will consist of some great, interactive discussions and teachings. And despite the heaviness of this topic, Ann likes to make things as fun as possible. You will be taken through a guided meditation that will help you to release old, outdated trauma. Together, we’ll weave a new feminine-based web that is supportive, nourishing, empowering and joyful. Jennae O’Connor will be creating a clean, gentle and healing menu for our day together. This will include a plant-based lunch, snacks and fresh pressed juices. Date: Saturday, March 23rd Time: 10 am – 5 pm Location: Living Science Wellness Centre – 59 Iber Road, #25, Stittsville ON (20 minutes west of downtown Ottawa) Cost: $249 (includes lunch) Registration: To register for this workshop, please go to: www.soulfulsurrender.com to the courses page to register This course has limited space and is expected to fill up quickly. Register early to reserve your space!
It’s a vicious cycle that has an incredible invitation awaiting our response. As with any unconscious pattern there is a beautiful gift that allows us to unlock a better way; a more loving and conscious way. The question is, are you ready to step into your birthright as The Divine Feminine? The feminine, fully seated in all of her glory doesn’t ask permission. She stops hiding. She OWNS herself; completely.
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits When the hiding and the inner power struggle stop, our relationship with everything changes. And food, once again, becomes a lovely, innocent, nourishing, delicious part of our lives again. The struggle leaves and we sit in acceptance of ourselves and our part in this world. This is the invitation.
VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Ann Jarvis is an Adept Intuitive Energy Healer, Holistic Nutritionist and Metaphysical Teacher. For more information, please visit www.soulfulsurrender.com
Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
198 Main Street, Ottawa, ON • 613-234-9597 • www.thegreendoor.ca February 2019
How To Deal With Negative Emotions Part 2 of 2
We’ve all heard the story of road rage. I remember growing up hearing the story of Jack Nicholson. He was driving. He got out of his car, and he picked up a golf club, I guess, that he had in the back of his car and he started to smash up the guy’s car in front of him because the guy, I think, had just cut him off. And do you think that that was the appropriate amount of rage for that situation, or do you think Mr. Jack Nicholson loved him to death? Or do you think that maybe he had a backlog of unresolved anger that had he hadn’t dealt with? Had he let go of it perhaps he wouldn’t have reacted with quite the intensity. I’m hoping you’ve never overreacted to things in your life in an angry way. There’s nothing wrong with the emotion. It’s not that it’s bad, it’s not that it’s good. It’s useful. It’s just not useful to keep in your system for too long because it’s going to hurt you physically, it will hurt you mentally, as well.
t’s all about releasing those feelings, defragging your system So when it comes down to anger, anger has been linked to coronary heart disease and heart attacks. It actually does have a physical correlation to your health if you’re carrying around a lot of anger in your system. You’re probably also releasing a lot of adrenalin, and adrenalin can be very useful at times. Yet when you’re just sitting at home ruminating about that person who gave you the evil eye, the stink eye, or the crook eye, or that person who didn’t call you back and you’re playing that movie inside your head, your body starts to release adrenalin that gives you that fight or flight or freeze and you’ve got no way of really disbursing it because you’re just sitting in your couch ruminating over it. It’s not like back into evolution when that adrenalin rush would come because there’d be a lion or tiger coming after you. Then it’s appropriate to have that adrenalin so you get the heck out of there. You could stay to fight that tiger, lion, or bear, with everything that you had to try and give you a semblance of chance or survival.
The amount of anger that most of us carry around is completely inappropriate. We are not responding to the issue. The map is not the territory. We’re bringing that backlog, that rucksack of stones, of accumulated anger, and we’re bringing that into a situation.
“I Can Make YouStop Stop Smoking in One Hour”Hour” “I Can Make You Smoking in One If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
Then there is sadness. It’s appropriate to have sadness sometimes, you know, and perhaps you’re grieving for somebody. Perhaps there’s been a big loss in your life on some level - a job, a partnership for example. It’s appropriate sometimes to feel sadness in all disguises. You’re a human being, you’re allowed to feel a kaleidoscope of emotions. But when it comes to sadness, an example is grief. Say you’ve lost somebody you loved dearly who has passed away, it’s appropriate. It’s appropriate to grieve him and it’s appropriate to be sad for a little bit but should you be sad for the rest of your life, every moment of every day because that person is gone? No, that’s not appropriate. That will destroy your life. I’m sure that person who passed away that was dear to you wouldn’t want that for you either. So it’s about appropriateness, to the appropriate the situation. Imagine you had the ability to clear out, defrag, to unpearl that necklace, if you will, of all of those times, of all that emotional intensity so you could react to a situation for what that situation was at that particular day, that particular time. And then you let it go. Because there’s a great quote that is real wisdom about having the memory but release from emotion. That’s real wisdom. You have the lesson, you have the learning. And once you get the lesson, once you get the learning from the emotion, you don’t have to keep re-experiencing that with the same intensity. That’s like the metaphor I like to use about the emotions. You’ve got that necklace and all of those little beads, those pearls are coming out and other times where you’ve been sad, in some form, grieving, depressed, or depressed in yourself. And it’s really about coming by and talking it out - not just taking out the pearls because that takes forever. It’s forms of therapy, psychotherapy where you’ll be talking about everything that ever made you sad from the moment you were in your mum’s womb until session number 227 and you still feel like uncomfortable. No, it takes a long time. There’s transformational technology. It’s like hypnosis out there to name just a few where you go in and literally pull out that thread that’s holding all those necklaces together. So all those beads, all those rotten pearls just disappear and you can start again with the appropriate amount of emotion for that time. Depression has been...there’s a strong correlation with depression and depressing your immune system, having a weakened immune system. There are different forms of cancer that people have done studies on. So it actually affects you physically when you keep depressing yourself. Always Believe, Luke Michel Howard PhD Ottawa Clinical Hypnotist www.lukenosis.com
QUANTUM-TOUCH® THERAPY Level I Certificate Training weekend based on the new updated model Saturday and Sunday, February 23rd and 24th, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna email@example.com or www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751 In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. In fact, by the time you have your lunch break on the first day, you will have created amazing results. You will be learning from the first Canadian Quantum-Touch Instructor, with an amazing record. LAW of ATTRACTION Life Coaching Practice Certified Law of Attraction Coach Based on the theories of the Law of Attraction and the concept that we create our lives moment by moment, we use processes and techniques to change our current thoughts and preconceived ideas to begin creating the life to which we aspire. Using proven tools and fun, uplifting processes clients discover within themselves that which will bring them the levels of satisfaction and fulfillment in their lives, whether it be their career, relationships, lifestyles, or the levels of abundance. Everything becomes possible with LoA Coaching with Aileen McKenna at Aileen’s Oasis 45 minutes to one hour in length Give me a call at 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751 or Send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org VISIONBOARD WORKSHOP Create your Future with deliberate Intention using all the tools from the Law of Attraction and the coaching program with that of Creating a Beautiful VisionBoard using your imagination, and the playfulness of children in the company of many others using the same tools. Saturday, February 16th, from 10:00 to 3:00 pm Call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or e-mail at email@example.com for information or registration
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact firstname.lastname@example.org TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA GURDJIEFF STUDY GROUP www.gurdjieffottawa.ca For those wishing to connect with the teaching and practice of G.I. Gurdjieff and the possibilities for man’s inner development, we invite you to join us on Friday evenings. Phone 613-746-6547 or email@example.com SRI AUROBINDO STUDY GROUP. A new group is forming in order to study Sri Aurobindo and The Mother’s writings. firstname.lastname@example.org IS IMPROVED COMMUNICATION SKILLS YOUR RESOLVE FOR 2019?We are here to mentor and celebrate your progress. Percolators Toastmasters Breakfast Club meeting every second and fourth Friday morning 9:15-11:30 at The Best Western 1274 Carling Ave. Restaurant. Contact Muriel (819) 827-1274 or (613) 298-3557
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and services. www.numetrica.city 613 266-7013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/patriciavlacroix SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Animal Communication JULIE OLIVEIRA, certified AC. Identify emotional and behavioural issues, and messages. Visit: www.petstereo.com Email: email@example.com
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JUDY JIBB, Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org 613 304 4255 EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aura Healing RELEASING PAIN AT THE SOURCE. Home visit. Beau, 613-422-5606
SV AYURVEDA. Support for gut and digestive recovery. Consultations, therapeutic cooking classes, SVA Vibrational Therapy sessions. www.vibrationofbalance. weebly.com. Marie Amram 613-415-1139
• Ayurveda (Holistic)
NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
CHRISTOPHER BARHAM, Certified Akashic Consultant. www.crystalhearthealing.org. 819-708-5876, email@example.com TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sexuality educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-413-1216
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
VAIDYA HEMANT GUPTA MD Ayurveda, DNM Only Ayurvedic Physician in Ottawa Area. 35 years of Experience Consultation, Therapies, Courses holisticayurveda.ca, email@example.com Phone: 613 422 0936
DIRECTORY • B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• BodyWork BODYWORK FOR WOMEN, Pain esp. from Surgery-cosmetic, Mastectomy, Scars, Swelling, Carpal Tunnel, Tennis Elbow, Plantar Fasciatis, Neck Problems, Back Pain, Sciatica, Shoulder Issues, Limited Mobility, Incontinence, Injuries, Breast Health, www. monikatinneberg.ca, 613-857-7031
• Books IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH - The Grail Message, by Abd-ru-shin, is a three-volume spiritual work that teaches us about the cosmic laws that not only govern nature but all of Creation. It also gives clear explanations about our place and responsibility as we journey through life. This work addresses the individual human being regardless of race, creed or nationality; it reveals the true meaning of life and opens the door to true happiness
and lasting inner peace. Orders : 1-877-7623077- email@example.com- grail-message.com SEVEN SISTERS is about a remarkable seed chase that is combined with the reclamation of lost heritage and culture of the Wabanaki people. This book and others on farming and gardening practices are available at www. earthhavenlearning.ca
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Lyn@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-762-4979. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 email@example.com
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing
ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Coaching LAW OF ATTRACTION COACHING with Aileen McKenna, Certified LoA Coach www. aileensoasis.com creates the space where clients become personally empowered. I coach people who feel stuck in their lives, in general, or particularly in their careers, relationships, home and home life. This may be about old issues, dealing with difficult decisions, and/or about changing habits that seem to create dissatisfaction. Call for more information and/or for an appointment. Clients express their satisfaction with the work, and their greater comfort and success in their relationships, their careers, and homes. Call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or 613-7953751, check in at www.aileensoasis.com or at email@example.com .
THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minute Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Chakra In Motion Rhythm for your Soul CHAKRADANCE™ is a powerful and authentic healing dance. Using spontaneous dance, guided imagery that resonates deeply with each chakra. www.chakrainmotion.com Bernie Young firstname.lastname@example.org
• Children ICU-INSPIRING CHILDREN UNIVERSALLY – Reading blindfolded helps children become happier, more confident and academically successful | Crystal Medicine Centre | 613-4358678 | 1572 Stittsville Main Street, Stittsville, ON | email@example.com
• Chiropractic February 2019
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538
DIRECTORY ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
WE HAVE WHAT YOU NEED. Whether you are looking for career guidance, self-improvement, or self-empowerment, we have someone to help. Call today and see how we can help you. Mention this ad for your 1/2 hour free consult. 613-859-5389 www.ceconsultingcanada.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Registered psychotherapist and Jungian Analyst. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance
providers. She may reached by phone at 613236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling. com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120.
LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 firstname.lastname@example.org
FEEL LIGHTER! Intuitively & compassionately clarifying & clearing the root cause of your concerns. Specializing in stubborn patterns. Energy psychotherapy, ascension education & 12-dimensional clearing. Individuals, couples, children. In person/ by phone. www.MelindaUrban.com
ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe, supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 email@example.com CECILIA TAIANA Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Crystal Shamanism PAMELA HOLM, Registered Psychotherapist, Cert. Music Therapist. Expressive and receptive methods of healing. Spiritually oriented. Children through seniors. Range of issues and conditions. www.DeepSoulSinging.com and Deep Soul Energetics. 613-829-1556.
CRYSTAL SHAMANIC PRACTITIONER, Crystal Healer, Psychic Intuitive, IET master instructor certified Yoga Teacher. Intuitive/psychic guidance given during Shamanic Healing sessions to better help you along your journey. Crystal layouts, chakra clearings, journeying and more. Sessions for children, teens, adults
DIRECTORY and animals. I also offer Crystal workshops, home crystal jewellery parties, psychic circles, meditation sessions, retreats. Contact: Sylvie_ Reardon@hotmail.com, Facebook: VieYoga and Crystal Shamanic Healing, 613-852-4963.
• Crystals CRYSTAL MEDICINE CENTRE – Crystal Store, Workshops, Training, Healing Sessions | 1572 Stittsville Main Street, Stittsville, ON | 613-435-8678 | www.crystalmedicine.ca| email@example.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Registered psychotherapist and Jungian Analyst. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. email@example.com
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758,
• Emotional Freedom Technique VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987 ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Care NURSING FOOT CARE - IN HOME OR IN CLINIC. Sterilized individually packaged tools, best practices in clinical assessment, infection control, privacy and technologies. Pampered Mani/Pedi, advanced & diabetic Most insurance up to 80% & Veterans 100% SoftSoles.ca 613-621-0012 email@example.com
• Gardening/Landscaping SPARKY TRINE SHAMANIC SUPPORT: Planning, planting, problem-solving, messages and negotiations. https://sparkytrine.wixsite.com/adventures firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healer INTUITIVE HEALING SPECIALIST NOW IN OTTAWA Physical, Mental, Psychological, Emotional, Past lives, Body, Mind, Spirit, Soul cleanse, Fears, Pain management. firstname.lastname@example.org 613 821 4809
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism THE BEST OF NATURE’S CERTIFIED HERBALIST, Miranda V Martel. Herbal Services: Herbal Spa treatments, Consultations for Balancing Health, Workshops, Walks and Remedies www. thebestofnature.ca Call: 705-561-5365 E-mail: email@example.com
DIRECTORY • Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com MARIETTE is a certified, clinical master hypnotist with NGH trained by Sheila Granger. www.yourinnerself.ca
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable
credentials & free Tranquility recordingGrace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-4227027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. firstname.lastname@example.org (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available.
LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: email@example.com
DIRECTORY • Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Registered psychotherapist and Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology.
Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. MAGI MASSAGE 530 Kirkwood Ave. welcomes you to my warm home clinic. Call Dora (613) 298-3557
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice
group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Private and group introductory and advanced classes. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@ gmail.com; sparkoflightmeditation.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Lotus Born Wellness Centre: 1226A Wellington W. WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
• Myofascial Release Therapy BODYWORK FOR WOMEN, Pain esp. from Surgery-cosmetic, Mastectomy, Scars, Swelling, Carpal Tunnel, Tennis Elbow, Plantar Fasciatis, Neck Problems, Back Pain, Sciatica, Shoulder Issues, Limited Mobility, Incontinence, Injuries, Breast Health, www.monikatinneberg.ca, 613-857-7031
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org
DR. KATHERINE WILLOW ND, fourth-generation naturopathic doctor, has been practicing for 35 years and specializes in German New Medicine (GNM). Call to book an appointment 613-839-1198 or visit ecowellness.com for more info.
DIRECTORY • Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Pain BODYWORK FOR WOMEN, Pain esp. from Surgery-cosmetic, Mastectomy, Scars, Swelling, Carpal Tunnel, Tennis Elbow, Plantar Fasciatis, Neck Problems, Back Pain, Sciatica, Shoulder Issues, Limited Mobility, Incontinence, Injuries, Breast Health, www. monikatinneberg.ca, 613-857-7031
• Past Life Regression WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME ADVANCED PRANIC HEALING INSTRUCTOR & PRACTITIONER offering in-person and distant-healing sessions. She has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco & more. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional, and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye teaches Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation Wednesdays at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, faye@pranichealingontario. ca, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 10:00 - 11:30am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
• Quantum Sound Therapy
YOUR VOICE IS MORE UNIQUE THAN YOUR DNA. Quantum Sound Therapy, will create YOUR unique set of Frequencies designed to remove negative emotions: fear, anxiety, anger, PTS, sadness that sabotage you. By SIMPLY LISTENING, you can let go of subconscious blockages, harmonize your being, SCIENTIFICALLY TRACK YOUR PROGRESS & Realize YOUR Potential. Contact: Lise Desjardins email@example.com 613-795-1469 Pesi Shroff firstname.lastname@example.org Golden Light Therapies: http://zgoldenlight.com/
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004. First instructor in Canada, improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments, distant healing sessions, as well as Quantum-Touch Therapy Certification training. Call Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751 or by e-mail at email@example.com, or aileen. firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out www. aileensoasis.com or www.wellnessunlimited.ca .. If you are interested in taking the QuantumTouch Level I class, you are in the right place
• Quantum Success Coaching Academy CERTIFIED LAW OF ATTRACTION COACH trained by Christy Whitman in the most amazing, successful and powerful coaching model. My ideal client is between 25 and 65, and dealing with issues creating feelings of stuckness. interfering with the emotional and lifestyle satisfaction they desire. We work our way through the processes, teaching clients strategies to become personally empowered
thus releasing those blockages that have been standing in their way. Clients begin to find increased physical and emotional energy, buried creativity, demonstrated personal strength physically and emotionally as well as increased feelings of abundance on all levels. Please check out www.aileensoasis.com, www.wellnessunlimited.ca .. or send me an email at email@example.com , or at aileen. firstname.lastname@example.org .. by giving me a call at 613-795-3751, or at 613-228-2272 for more information, or to make an appointment
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com
DIRECTORY JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
CATHERINE BASTEDO, MA, RT-CRA, ICRT, USUI-HOLOGRAPHIC & HOLY FIRE II KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, JIKIDEN Practitioner. Bilingual. Personalized classes; Reiki Master/Teacher Program; individual sessions; online Healing Your Chakras classes; Muskoka retreats. www.visionreiki.com. 819-918-3436. firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body
and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Bodycentered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Master - Circa 1894 Day Spa, Lanark. Use of tubs/saunas included. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com
DIANE GODIN reikispiritualawakening.com 819-665-3187 (Ottawabased). Reiki is a spiritual therapy that provides healing energy to recharge and re-balance the human energy field, working with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing. Reiki works well with stress, anxiety, chronic pain and much more. I am a Certified Reiki Master Practitioner (Energy Healer), Psychic Medium, Empath, and Witch. I also provide Card Readings.
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with firstname.lastname@example.org
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. email@example.com CHARMING RURAL RETREAT COTTAGE NEAR WAKEFIELD. Couples/individuals. Clean, equipped. Year round. Minimum one month. For details text 819-328-3705.
HOLY FIRE REIKI treatments and courses with Martha St. Pierre. 613-422-7286; ladymjs50@ hotmail.com; holyfirereikiottawa.ca REIKI IS LIFE FORCE OF ENERGY. It helps for relaxation and stress. The best way to experience is having a full treatment. Call Laura at 613-608-9750.
SURROUNDED BY 190 acres of forest, connect with nature in a guided or self-guided retreat. We offer healing retreats throughout the year or you can create your own. Call for more info 613-839-1198 or visit ecowellness.com
• Rolfing® Structural Integration GERMAINE DE PERALTA (CRA, ICRT). USUI HOLY FIRE II REIKI MASTER/ TEACHER and HOLY FIRE II KARUNA MASTER/TEACHER. Reiki Certification Classes in all levels of Usui Holy Fire II Reiki (Level 1, 2, and ART/Master) and Certification Classes in Holy Fire II Karuna Reiki Practitioner/ Master/Teacher. Mentoring Program. Scheduled classes or by request. Crystal Healing workshops. Healing sessions (Reiki with Crystals). Specialize in relationship stress and mental/emotional/spiritual issues. Contact: Reiki Wanderlust at the RW Healing Centre, Westboro, Ottawa, K1Z 1E7. Tel: 613-697-3105 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Shamanism HEALING SESSIONS+2-Yr CrystalShamanic Program - evolved training in the ancient Arts | Crystal Medicine Centre | 613-435-8678 | 1572 Stittsville Main Street, Stittsville, ON | www.crystalmedicine.ca| email@example.com
DIRECTORY LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com
body and spirit, expanding consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca 613-413-1216
TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks, chimes and other sound healing instruments to create a relaxing experience. Individual sessions and group meditations. Julie 613-254-8469.
CRYSTAL MODALITIES for relaxation, energy clearing and balance. CCH, CRM Crystalspiritowl@gmail.com 613-355-1832
• Sound Healing
SPARKY TRINE SHAMANIC SUPPORT: questions, soul retrievals, power animals, extractions, project support, ceremony. https://sparkytrine.wixsite.com/adventures email@example.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca TONYA GARTSHORE, Dipl.S.T., RMT. Massage, Shiatsu, Reflexology, Thai massage, Acupressure Facial. Two locations: www.tonyagartshorermt.com
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Somatic Sex Education
SOMATIC SEXUALITY EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting integration of
• Therapeutic Yoga
Learn to “UNFOLD THE MYSTERY” with Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones. To receive training in her inspiring Spiritpainting method, register at www.spiritpainting.com
• Spiritual Medium SELF-RENEWAL & SOUL-CARE through belief-triage subtle energy healing system by Diane Oliver, Urban-Elder 613261-1602 firstname.lastname@example.org. www.Dignity101.com
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, email@example.com, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Tarot JUDY JIBB, Tarot and Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org 613 304 4255 PAST LIVES & NEW PERSPECTIVES to Present Problems. Life Path & Purpose, Guidance & Confirmation. 25 years Professional Experience, Spiritual & Practical: email@example.com
• Tapping Modalities LISA KOPIL, Meridian Tapping, Stress Management, Life Coach. Tap into your Life by changing your mind. Private sessions, workshops, drop in sessions. Tapforlife.com (613) 899-4994
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thai Massage BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
I‘LL DEVELOP YOUR OWN PERSONALIZED YOGA PROGRAM that includes poses, breathing exercises, meditations and healthy lifestyle tips to help you cope with anxiety, depression, weight loss, sleep problems, etc. Contact Linda for your free consultation at mountainsoulyoga@gmail. com or 613-862-4614.
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
REV. PATRICIA ROSE. Call/Text: 613-2978960. Or visit: www.allseasonsweddings.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE Levels I, II, and III is a workshop taking place over 3 days, all about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTORY QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, email@example.com and at www.aileensoasis.com. VISIONBOARD WORKSHOP: Would you like to know how to attract and create the life you love? Would you like to participate with others in using some amazing tools to help you to discover what you really want in your future life, and how you can create that future and feel as if you are already in the future life. Using imagination, fun and play, you will learn about how to create the job you want, the lifestyle, and the level of wellness you want to achieve, fitness, and relationships. It is all about being able to imagine what you want, and to take the actions needed to bring it into reality. For more information, or registration, please all Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, firstname.lastname@example.org and at www.aileensoasis.com
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
Ego to Enlightenment WORKSHOP Ottawa, February 24, 2019 Come and discover
•The #1 Blockage to Enlightment--reason why people don’t make progress on the path.
•How to discern the illusion from the real. •The Four Powers you were born with that you are unconscious to. •A Two-Minute Technique to Inner Peace. •There will be time for questions and answers. Bonus: Ego I.D. Kit handout with Cindy Teevens, Spiritual Facilitator I was spiritually seeking for years until my suffering was suddenly swapped for love and joy. Love exploded with the end of the imaginary separation of self and other, and all I could do was laugh at the cosmic joke. Now I help seekers realize the final, fundamental truth that sets them free forever.
Join the revolution, become a
Register here now! - EgoToEnlightenment.com contact: email@example.com
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
• Personals SEEKING “NEW AGE” FRIENDSHIP Mature woman with physical limitations seek others for get-togethers, chats, walks, shopping, crafts, and so on. Mya 613-721-1551
• Accounting • Bookkeeping • Taxation • Strategies • Coaching • Payroll • HST • WSIB February 2019
Age-Less and Thrive Your pathway to age-less living Join me, Sylvia Laale, 74 years young, to discover how to live the experience of minimal aging and optimal thriving as the years pass. I will show you how to 'outwit' the aging process so that, in all ways, you will feel as if you remain forever young. I offer you all the wisdom and research of my decades-long journey to this wonderful time of life, with focus on Food, Fitness, Flow and Fun. More importantly, you will develop your own unique process for age-less lifestyle transformation geared to your singular body/mind/heart and spirit.
You will discover the profound benefits of your individual approach such as: weight loss that endures; elimination of persistent inflammation caused by Standard American Diet (SAD); relief from cravings especially for sugars and grain carbs (outcome of SAD); reduction of effects of chronic diseases caused by inflammation; noticeable increase in energy (healthy functioning of mitochondria); improved brain function thereby lessening the possibility of dementia; optimizing the neuro-plasticity of your brain; merging of a resilient body and a resourceful mind; the synthesis of nutrition with body endurance and strength; the value of Flow elements along with good sleep and the joy of Fun; the integration of all these elements over time despite occasional setbacks.
Next Fun Shop: 23/24 February 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily $99 cash or cheque for this 2-day event + 1 free private coaching session Tea and coffee provided. Please bring your own lunch, notebook and yoga mat (if you have one), and wear comfortable clothing. Register early as there is limited space available. For more information/registration details, please contact me at:
Aura Examination Healthcare Of The Future!
Did you know that we can see illness in Aura before it manifests on physical level? Disturbances in our electromagnetic field eventually affect our health and wellness.
Open your eyes This world is alive With a heart of its own That longs for your return Eyes bright as stars in the night Sun’s glow pours below Its golden love. Come home! Through your body, in your breath All the wisdom flows You are the creation that knows.
World Embrace Surrender, From a torrent of doubt Into an ocean of love My heart renders A new face A new dimension Opens in a world embrace.
Golden Sunflower Healing ~ Life Force Energy Coach ~ ~ Relaxation Therapist ~ ~ Reiki Master ~ ~ Chakra Readings ~ ~ Aura Photography ~
You Are That
Meditation Events - Winter 2019
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Energy Balancing Exchange Event (EnergyBEE) 2ND FRIDAYS Planet Botanix, 301 Bank St K2P 1X7 Friday, Feb 8th, 2019 PANEL THEME New integrative approaches to natural healing...what works for us. Welcoming guest panelists
EnergyBEE Schedule 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm 5:30PM Gathering at back of store in teaching space WELCOMING WORDS. Honour Fee: $10 or more; CONTRIBUTE WHAT YOU CAN. Net proceeds go to www.freethefalls.ca for First Nations & Allies initiatives to restore the Ottawa River Watershed 5:45PM Guest Presenter 6:45 PM Circle introductions: 1) name, 2) your intention for this evening
Pamela Holm, Registered Psychotherapist and 7:00 PM Certified Music Therapist (and healing intuitive). I SHANGHAI RESTAURANT Veggie SNACKS! empower self-development, growth and healing using networking 30 minutes music, sound, art and imagery, including past lives. Methods include Discover new possibilities for the resolution of complex both active and receptive techniques. situations, personal or professional by MT Martee ThOMus Tegtmeyer,
Craig Trojan, Pleiadian Tensegrity Activator, Registered Lightarian Facilitator. I assist people in raising consciousness at all levels of spiritual development.
Holistic Integrative Arts Consultant
Suzette Schmiedel, Highly Polarized Light Therapy Consultant at the Light Therapy Clinic in Wakefield. Suzette successfully treats people with painful conditions from injuries, arthritis, post-operations, wound healing and more, with new technology that has been in use for over 30 years in European hospitals and clinics.
Linda is certified by The Bert Hellinger Institute of the Netherlands and the International Institute for Integrative System Dynamics of Texas.
Stephen Carr (?Question Mark: an unknown element) Spiritual navigator beyond words...like trying to catch a butterfly. Thru the conscious and unconscious, I assist holistic professionals in expanding their horizons and in reaching out to their unrealized potential.
On Friday, January 11th, 2019 Linda Comeau, Systemic Knowledge Consultant was the guest for the Energy Balancing Exchange Event (EnergyBEE) at Planet Botanix, Ottawa.
A general history of Family Constellations prepared us for the evening sessions. We learned that healing the Family Soul transforms every member of the family and the participants. In each of the three sessions Linda invited members of the audience to participate in the constellations and in one case a matriarchal lineage in which patterns had been passed on to the client. There was minimum disclosure. Linda identified the dynamics at play in the system of clients and connected the symptoms to the real source of the issues. Participants were touched and moved by the experience and one visitor from Germany remarked that Linda lightened our souls [erleichtende Seele]. A crack or shift palpably occurred evident to everyone present…. towards possible resolution of the situation and challenge in their lives. From the sessions, there was opportunity to: make better decisions, test choices, find alternatives; reduce stress, procrastination or frustration; end inner struggles, patterns or habits; and renovate relationships. Participants realized the possibility of: resolving issues quickly using Systemic Knowledge; ending the cycle of an issue so that descendants will be free of the same issues; and transposing the negatives into resources that support prosperity.
Describing the benefits Inner peace, physical pain relief, Thanks to Linda for her contribution to the community! purpose, spiritual healing Sharing take-a-ways On Fri Feb 8th, 2019 EnergyBEE is presenting a Panel New ideas to explore our self-healing Discussion on NEW approaches to natural healing: what journeys.
works for us. See Tone ad for details.
For more information call 613.769.5575 & email firstname.lastname@example.org
7:30 PM Start of Energy Balancing Exchanges/Integration Conversations. 10-15 minutes each giving, or receiving, multi-lateral, bi-lateral 8:15 PM Closing Circle 8:30 PM EnergyBEE ends...shopping to store closing 9:00 PM Venue Doors are locked Notes Parking options: street parking opposite 318 Bank Royal Oak after 5:30pm is free or 296 Bank St, Ottawa or Massine’s has 5$ parking Fri 5 to 9pm All participants abide by the Code of Conduct to ensure a safe environment, honouring free will & personal selfdetermination. For serious conditions consult a licensed medical professional.
MT … Martee ThOMus TegTmeyer, is the founder of the monthly gathering, originally called the “Self-Care Energy Balance Exchange” (1998), which morphed into “Energy Balance Exchange” and now has become: Energy Balancing Exchange Event (EnergyBEE) for holistic health modalities Your host Martee (ca.linkedin.com/in/tmtegtmeyer/) has Ottawa office hours: 2-5pm Fri Feb 8 @ Shanghai Restaurant CHANGING YOUR DNA thru epigenetic balancing…. open clinic Special 20$ for 10 min. 10AM to 6PM Feb 9 @ Planet Botanix for assistance with changing your DNA, & chronic pain/stress/trauma management including muscular re-alignment to correct frame, emotional release & brain re-patterning 147$ for 1 hour. Feb First Time Special: 3 new clients share a 1 hour appt. 4 free. We invite a small donation to www.freethefalls.ca Text/ Voice 613.769.5575 email@example.com
For more information call 613.769.5575 & email firstname.lastname@example.org Sponsors & supporters Tone Magazine sponsors the advertising of this community-building and consciousness-raising gathering in the Ottawa River watershed. Other gathering sponsors are: EMF FreeZone; Shanghai Restaurant; Holistic Integrative Arts (HIA)TM, Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON (U_WE)TM & longstanding supporters: Cafexina.ca, Ruby Hair Studio
Bringing balance to your home & workplace
• EMF Balancers • Home & Work • Cell Phone ADR Disks • Health Clinics & Schools • Gold Energy Cards • Cars & Farms
All products have Zero Point Energy For more info please contact Steve Priebe 613-842-4758 at 613.769.5575
For more info on our products & testimonials please visit: www.emffreezone.ca
email@example.com Have a Balanced 2018 and beyond!
Magazine www.facebook.com/tonemagazine www.tone.ca Christina Xina Lamothe
International Kinesiology College Australia The Touch for Health Kinesiology Association USA
Looking for a non-invasive way to deal with fear, anxiety, panic attacks, post-traumatic stress, negative feelings and sadness? Not feeling motivated enough? Tired of medications with side effects, to help reduce those symptoms? NO LEARNING. SIMPLY LISTEN while going about your daily routine. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 829-0224
Take It Personally by Rachelle Lamb
As our awareness grows, so does the image of the web, for we are the universe becoming conscious of itself. With sensibilities evolved through millennia of interaction, we can turn now and know that web as our home. It both cradles us and calls us to weave it further. —Joanna Macy
ou’ve heard it many times. “Don’t take it personally” .. a modern day aphorism commonly espoused in personal and professional development trainings and spiritual teachings intended to remind us that the things other people say and do are more ostensibly a reflection of who they are than they are a reflection of who we are, particularly when objectionable words and actions are aimed at us personally. If someone says something hurtful, we’re best served to treat it like water off a duck’s back. They key distinction here is not that we dismiss everything others say but rather that we give little credence to hurtful words .. or words considered to be offensive, disrespectful, unkind, negative, etc. While I’ve spent a good part of my adult life attempting to practice not taking things personally, I’d like to propose that perhaps this well intended advice too often falls short of shedding light on the vastness of the relational terrain to which we are tethered. The Bias Someone says to you, “I love you”, “I feel so grateful to have you in my life”, “You’re a wonderful person”. What a gift when these messages come our way. They reinforce our sense of connection and belonging as well as our self-esteem. It’s good to know that certain things about us bring joy to others. Notice what happens though when we hear things like, “You’re not easy to be around”, “It feels like you take me for granted”, “You’re irresponsible”. This is an opportune time to exercise not taking things personally. Or is it? Rarely is it suggested that we not take things personally when we like what we’re hearing. It’s another matter however when we don’t like what we’re hearing. It’s often then that we want most to be skilled at not taking things personally. Given the clear bias we have around what we will and won’t take personally, it might be more accurate to say, I prefer not to take matters personally when I find myself closed to considering feedback or information that
might be challenging or upsetting to me. Such is our aversion to hearing things that don’t align with how we view ourselves. It can be pretty rough to take things personally depending on the message. Being Relational With little shared understanding in the west of how to live together in this world, our primary source of reference is often our own individual self. The self turns out to be far from reliable in the context of being relational. It’s not a given that self-anything will lead to a wise and embodied understanding of living relationally. The art of deep relating requires that we recognize ourselves to be imbedded within a larger ecology of organic symbiotic relatedness. Deep relating asks that we take the time to sincerely consider the things that other people say about us, even when they might be painful for us to hear and even when they are expressed in a manner that we perceive as cruel or judging. If we’re willing to courageously wade into the relational current, what is most needed when we come face to face with our failings is mourning. Deep mourning that we have transgressed against another, against ourselves, against the web. It’s not a time to beat up on ourselves. Self-loathing only ensures that nothing changes. It bypasses the hard work of mourning and learning. Not taking things personally should not also mean we tolerate or enable poor behaviour. If someone’s ways of ‘being themselves’ is fraught with behaviours that generate pain for others, do we speak up or do we silence ourselves? If we care about the relational web and about life, we have a responsibility to weigh in. And hopefully we will speak relationally rather than punitively. It’s important to develop some discernment and tractability around the unwelcome feedback we sometimes receive. We can deepen in terms of our humanness, maturity, integrity, and wholeness if we pay attention to the ways in which we become reactively defensive, closed or rigid around the things we prefer not to consider. This doesn’t mean we should automatically agree with what we hear, but rather that we soften our defensiveness and entertain the possibility that our take on things may not be as informed as it could be. Consider this .. We are each and every one of us standing on one of the finely woven delicate strands that either directly or indirectly binds us to the relational web. Whatever we say and do does not remain confined within the borders
Using ecstatic body postures to enhance your meditation practice
The Venus of Laussel or Femme à la Corne (Woman of the Horn) is a prehistoric Mother Goddess carved in stone-age France between 20,000 and 30,000 years ago. Her face is a mystery, turned to gaze on the all-important By Paige Cousineau and Diane Perazzo horn in her right hand, her hair falling re you looking for new ways over her left shoulder. Unlike many to advance your meditation, ancient Goddess, the Venus of Laussel shamanic practice, yoga or body work? is shown with arms -- one holding the If so, you may be interested in learning horn in full detail while her left hand more about the amazing results that rests on her belly — a position familiar can be obtained using ecstatic body to all expectant mothers that expresses postures based on archetypes that abundance and fecundity. Her lush appear in the art and artifacts of world thighs and heavy breasts indicate cultures, even those widely separated one who has given birth and suckled by time and distance. children many times. Medicine people, shamans, priests, We are excited to announce that and priestesses of indigenous cultures a small committee of individuals have passed on a sacred body of are bringing Belinda Gore, former knowledge about postures for President and currently the Director of thousands of years. The renowned Training at the Cuyamungue Institute anthropologist Felicita Goodman in Santa Fe, to Ottawa for a workshop discovered that people who assume the first weekend in April. Belinda these postures report strikingly similar meditative Gore worked under the tutelage of Felicitas Goodman experiences. The results from this research are inspiring, and has been teaching workshops on the principles proving that certain body gestures and movements of ecstatic trance and ritual body postures for over 20 allow us to access higher states of consciousness. years. During this workshop, Belinda Gore will present a slideshow of postures from around the world to illustrate their presence as a global phenomenon. She of our bodies but rather travels out along multiple will also demonstrate various shamanic postures and sensile pathways connected to others and to all of life. guide participants into a trance to experience the art of In this sense it’s not possible to not be impacted by healing and metamorphosis using ritual postures. events and occurrences unfolding elsewhere within the web. What IS possible however is that we respond effectively and relationally to the impact that we both generate and receive. And of course it’s equally possible as we know tragically too well to harden ourselves and respond poorly. To harden oneself to such an extent that one no longer recognizes him or herself as part of the relational web is An evening presentation to deny one’s capacity to be relational. It is ultimately and workshop with and tragically a denial of one’s humanness. Belinda Gore How about this then: take it personally, take it all personally. But do it skillfully. Feel deeply, reflect Friday April 5 -- 7:30 p.m. deeply, renew your kinship with the relational web. The Location to be announced purpose of the 360-degree feedback is not to diminish people. It is to strengthen people and their bonds. It is to 2-day Ecstatic Body Postures Workshop provide vision where our own seeing cannot reach. It is Saturday and Sunday, April 6 – 7. to re-establish our place of belonging within the sacred Location: Planet Botanix, web of life.
ANCIENT RITUAL POSTURES: Doorways to Expanded Consciousness
Rachelle Lamb’s lifelong interest in human development, relationship dynamics and the roles that culture and ecology play in people’s lives, along with her ability to skillfully pave the way for transformational dialogue between people consistently produces powerful learning experiences for individuals and audiences. Learn more at www.RachelleLamb.com. She will be visiting Ottawa in April. Watch for details in March issue.
301 Bank Street, Ottawa.
For registration details check the Facebook event page: www.facebook.com/events/518532845221311/ or send an email to: email@example.com
The Power of Relationship Coaching Humans are fascinating. No matter our age or circumstance, we are all driven to connect in some way. Relational to our very core, we are born with the essential tools for connection – equipped, as it were, to engage with others and with the world around us in order to make meaning, build security and catalyze our own growth and happiness. Not convinced? Consider how greatly we suffer – individually and collectively – when our social, emotional, natural and spiritual bonds are weak, threatened or severed. Things like loneliness, violence, poverty, environmental degradation and depression are all by-products of disconnection. So, if making and maintaining connection is so important and we have both the need and the wiring to connect, why aren’t we better at it? Because the “how” of relationship is a matter of experience. Initially, we learn about the dos and the don’ts, the risks and the benefits of relationship and
Improve your life through the knowledge of energy • Standardized courses & mentoring • Individual sessions • Meditations LEARN BASIC PRANIC HEALING Location: 1226A Wellington West, 2nd Fl Next Class: March 2/3, 2018 | 10:00am-6:00pm Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Classes, Healing Sessions, Meditations (by appointment only)
Jenni Tipper, MSW Integral Master Coach (613) 858-2799 email@example.com jennitipper.com
connection from our families, friends and communities. These same teachings become the foundation for our own relationship experiences and patterns. You see where this is going… Don’t despair. Helping individuals and couples get good – or better – at making and maintaining fulfilling, compassionate connection in ways that are deeply meaningful to them is my passion and purpose as a Relationship Coach. Relationship Coaching offers clients the opportunity to identify and move beyond the stories and habits that inform their Current Ways of relating and to develop the perspectives and practical capacities that allow them to build deeply meaningful, secure, invigorating relationships over time, with greater skill and intention. Sounds almost easy. I know it isn’t. Doing the work of Relationship Coaching takes courage and commitment. It asks us to wake up and open up more fully to our felt experience of relating intimately. It challenges us to explore and practice new ways of perceiving, thinking and doing, in the face of inevitable resistance, until those very things become an integrated and mindful part of how we relate. And, I can’t imagine an instance where making this commitment isn’t worth it. Growing healthy, sustainable, loving relationships seems the necessary salve for the challenges of our time. Our well-being depends on it! If you are ready or want to learn more about Relationship Coaching, please sign up for a complimentary 30 minute Introductory Call with me. If you want to receive regular inspiration, insight and guidance directly to your in-box, please sign up for my newsletter. Over the next month, you can look forward to a two-part series on the foundational elements of Skillful Relating: Speaking to Share and Listening to Understand
Painting with Words, Poetry for a New Era
Ian Prattis BOOK REVIEW, FIVE STAR Reviewed By Romuald Dzemo for Readers’ Favorite Painting with Words, Poetry for a New Era by Ian Prattis is a collection of poems that are thematically arranged and that reflect the very soul of humanity, filled with imagery and rhythms that mimic the different seasons of the human soul. The poems in this collection bear witness to what readers feel, perhaps in the hushed hours of the day; emotions, thoughts, feelings, and realities for which they find no language. This poet succeeds in capturing moments of reality that allow readers to connect with the things he writes about. The voice is powerful, the poetic lines rhythmic, and the entire collection is filled with powerful imagery. I love the depth in Ian Prattis’ poetry and the beauty in the rhythm and the richness of its diction. For instance:
“A week in the life/ of a poem/ has words racing to knowing’s edge.” Here is another: “Phrases creep / over the dawn of logic, / suspended, then gone.” Painting with Words, Poetry for a New Era opens new portals into reality. It is highly imaginative and the author articulates brilliantly on a variety of themes, from denouncing the horrors of war, to celebrating the seemingly mundane moments of life, to capturing the relationship between humanity and nature. Each poem is unique, expressing a thought, a reality, a moment in existence in a succinct manner. Some of the poems are very personal while others are universal in nature. This collection is as delightful as it is meaningful. You will read these poems and find yourself going back to them. “Painting with Words, Poetry for a New Era” Order through: http://ianprattis.com/PaintingWithWords.html To avoid shipping costs, Ottawa area friends can get a signed copy directly from the author –your purchase enables you to take home a prior book or Meditation CD home for FREE, as a special thank you.
DEEP TISSUE TECHNIQUES TRAINING February 17, 2019 ~ 2:00 - 4:00 pm Learn the Level 1 Deep Tissue â€œUpper Torsoâ€? techniques Hands on training Limited to 10 individuals $80.00/person payable in advance Personal development or interest only Teacher bio available by request
Contact S. Muller 613 795 4583 Thousand Moon Trainings, Ottawa
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
Steve Fick is a Couple Coach and assists Signy Fridriksson in providing Two-on-Two Couple Counselling. Signy is a Registered Psychotherapist in private practice and an associate with Capital Choice Counselling Group. She also counsels individuals as well as couples who prefer one-ontwo counselling. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222
By Ivy Xie-McIsaac, E-RYT200, YACEP
racticing Yoga by oneself can be easy. We choose the pace, slow or fast, hard or easy, we can just choose by ourselves. But practicing with a partner can be more challenging. Choose some familiar poses and notice the differences when doing the pose on our own and with a partner. Also notice the differences when practicing with other partners. What feelings arise? Partner Yoga can help us expand the perspective and also help understand our partner more deeply. We do not have to be quiet while practicing Partner Yoga as it is a time to share our feelings and love. Partner Yoga is a fun way to practice Yoga. Normally, we practice with someone that has a relationship with us; our child, a friend or intimate partner. The most important part of practicing with a partner is to find balance, not to look at the partnerâ€™s weakness. Instead, we look for harmony between two living beings, regardless of the body height, weight or shape. Simply share and enjoy the moment together with respect and love. Be playful and we will find peace and happiness unfold for us. By communication and trust we give support to each other. We can encourage with humour, but never criticize with pride.
FEELING GREAT MATTERS
Join Ivy & Stewart Partner Yoga On Feb. 17, 2019 wishingtreeyoga.ca Welcome to join Partner Yoga with Ivy & Stewart at Wishingtree Yoga on Feb. 17, 2019. Ivy and Stewart practice and teach Yoga with all their heart and soul. For more information please visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca or contact Wishingtree Yoga at wishingtreeyoga@ hotmail.com Wishingtree Yoga offers 200H Traditional Hatha Yoga & Yin Yoga Teacher Training. Ivyâ€™s geography background and travel have given her a unique perspective. Her book A Complete Yoga Manual is a bridge between east and west, modern and ancient, theory and practice. The book is available at Singing Pebble Books.
FeelingGreatMatters.com -In Your Workplace -In Your Relationship -In Your Own Skin
SACHA HORVATH, M.A., CCC 613-324-3120
The Trinity Table
he Trinity Table has a new home. I am pleased to announce that our Sacred Altar is now located at The Total Nutrition Divaâ€™s Wellness Hub. Diva Darpan Ahluwalia and her staff welcome you at the Manotick Natural Market, 1136 Tighe Street, Manotick. Phone 613-692-1484. I will be seeing clients once again at Manotick Natural Market on Tuesdays at (10:30- 12:30) and (2:00-4:00) Appointments can be made at 613-692-1484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Darpan is known as Total Nutrition Diva. Her goal is to get you back on your journey to health. She is a holistic nutritionist at her foundation. Now with the added addition of the sacred altar, Trinity Table you can combine your journey into self through the path of mind, body & spirit. Your visit consists of two hours at Manotick Natural Market. Your first half hour is determing what is your intent for your spiritual journey. An example may be that you are awakening to your highest potential but need a mentor to guide you. Perhaps you are concerned about health, money or love issues? After your half hour interview you will relax on the Trinity Table for 1 hour. Spiritual music is played as table rotates 4 spins per minutes to help bring you into Theta. Theta is one of three brain waves you experience when you are totally relaxed before sleep and upon awakening. In this relaxing state you are open to seeing, feeling, smelling, sensing the in- between worlds. During your Trinity Table experience either Lilly, Darpan or Sasha Dawn will be facilitating a spiritual reading from your higher self, your spirit guides & angels. If you have questions about an event in the future Lilly will look into your astrology chart to help with
your decisions. You have free-will but sometimes a wee bit of understanding of your fate vis destiny allows you to make better, self-empowering decisions. First in Canada, the Trinity Table* is a simple concept which utilizes passive motion, providing a gentle rocking and slow rotation. These movements have been proven scientifically to aid in deepening relaxation enabling a person to attain Alpha, Theta and even Delta states of relaxation. This experiential medium aids in producing an enhanced environment for spiritual facilitation and awareness giving the user a greater sense of connectedness by expanding consciousness of oneself and opening to the spiritual world. When energy is unobstructed, intuition grows, vision expands and healing potential is heightened enabling the user to release fears, anger, unhealed wounds, judgements, unresolved hurts from this life and past lives, consequently evoking a heightened sense of well-being.
Arch Angel Uriel, Guardian of this sacred Altar, the trinity table.
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC ’ve written in previous articles about having an attitude of gratitude. This is a powerful concept as it helps you elevate your vibrations so that you can attract more abundance into your life. Be grateful for even the smallest, most insignificant things as this helps set the tone for attracting greater items that you have on your wish list. The concept of Attitude that I’m writing about today is different. This is all about the mindset that you have as you are going through the creation formula that I wrote about in the previous article called TFAR which is the acronym for Thought x Feelings x Actions = Results. As you set out on your journey, do you have a positive or a negative attitude? Do you truly believe in your ability to achieve your stated objective? Do you have a “Failure is not an Option” mindset? All these are critical for you to have if you want to attract or create bigger and better things. A positive attitude means that you have positive feelings flowing through your being. Positive vibrations attract positive things. Life events will continually show up to “challenge” you as you work to achieve your objectives. It is my belief that, despite these setbacks, you are still able to bounce back up on your feet and resume your charge
Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
forward. The key element to your success will be the attitude that you bring to the table. A negative, defeatist attitude will guarantee failure. A positive “I can do this” attitude will greatly improve your chances of achieving your goals. Dare to Dream! Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
"How To Find Incredible Inner Peace, Joy, and Deep Meaning In Your Life, By Making Simple Tweaks To Your Conditioned Patterns Of Thinking" I will show you the exact steps to: Discover immense joy living fully in the present…no matter WHAT you are doing. Quiet your obsessive, constant thoughts…because THAT is what’s making you anxious, insecure, and unfulfilled. Combat stress and anxiety with the ONE surprising essential habit… hint: And it’s NOT doing therapy or taking anti-depressants! STOP trying to build your self-confidence…because it’s creating the exact OPPOSITE! Live with a deep sense of connection with others…instead of feeling like an outsider. ...without spending hours meditating or going to classes and retreats to do it! See the link below to learn more…
www.mindfullifemethod.com February 2019
DI A MON D A PPROACH ® OT TAWA
I N T H E N A M E O F L OV E A D i a mond A pproa c h S em i n a r How To D is en g a g e From T he I n ner Cr it ic One of the most personally devastating mental activities is that of attacking one’s self. Personal growth can be greatly hindered by the negative judgments of the attacking inner voice. This Inner Critic or Super Ego is largely unconscious and is the inner coercive agency that stands against the expansion of awareness and inner development. This sophisticated and tenacious layer of the personality is what we first encounter and continue to encounter on our inner journey. Its main job is to keep the status quo, to prevent us from moving beyond our ordinary sense of ourselves toward who and what we truly are. The Super Ego or Inner Critic creates great pain and suffering as it limits our experience, squashes our dreams, and keeps us in check. In this seminar we will begin and continue the process of identifying, understanding, and disengaging from the Super Ego. Using the teachings and methodology of the Diamond Approach, we will disengage from this layer of our personality which keeps us trapped in our usual sense of self. DATES:
April 5, 6, & 7, 2019
• Friday, April 5 6:30pm – 9:30pm (registration begins 5:45pm)
• Saturday, April 6 10:00am – 6:00pm • Sunday, April 7 10:00am – 6:00pm
Saint Paul University 223 Main Street, Rm L-228 Ottawa, ON K1S 1C4
Lisa Barrett and Carolyn Cerame
$425 + HST $300 + HST Full-time students
For registration and information, please contact Lisa Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL 2019 DATES:
• June 28, 29, 30
• September 5, 6, 7, 8
being is a wonderful mystery, the more we know about this mystery the more we realize how little we know. “ThisTheonlyhuman impels us to look further, to explore deeper, and to investigate in newer ways. It is a joy to know ourselves and others, to actualize more of our infinite possibilities, and to extend our humanity to its farthest horizons. ” - A.H. Almaas
The Diamond Approach — www.diamondapproach.org A path that engages and leads to the discovery, development & preservation of the Human Essence. 40 February 2019 DIAMOND APPROACH, RIDHWAN DIAMOND APPROACH and RIDHWAN are registered trademarks of the Ridhwan Foundation. The Ridhwan “HU” symbol is a trademark of the Ridhwan Foundation.
The LOVE & RELATIONSHIPS issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa, one of Canada's longest running independent health and wellness magazine. ENJOY!!
Published on Feb 10, 2019
The LOVE & RELATIONSHIPS issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa, one of Canada's longest running independent health and wellness magazine. ENJOY!!