February 2018, Vol. 33, #6, Priceless
M a g azine A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 32 years
February: LOVE & RELATIONSHIPS Feel Loved, Feel Good â€“ Feel Grateful by Moira
THE POWER OF LOVE By Lynne Cardinal
Relationship With Yourself! Karen Munro Caple
THE TEA LADY Romantic Herbs: Bonnie-Jean Stacey
A Language of Life by Rachelle Lamb
Homeopathy and ADHD Inline Health
Love and Forgiveness: The Golden Keys To Life! By Lynda Chaplin
Detox Heavy Metals www.TheHairAnalyst.com
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, RRC, CRC he theme for this month’s magazine is Relationships. This is appropriate because we shall be celebrating the most romantic day of the year on the 14th which is Saint Valentine’s day. I certainly will be doing my part in recognizing this day by buying flowers for my wife and taking her out to our favorite restaurant. The subject of relationship is also one of the four themes that I talk about in my book The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness along with Finances, Health and Wellness and Life Purpose. Why is Relationship such an important subject? It’s because the foundation of human society is based on our ability to have relationships with others. To talk with them, to cooperate with them, to collaborate with them and certainly for pair bonding which is used for the continuation of our species. But who do we have relationships with? Our spouse, our parents, our kids, siblings, extended family, friends and co-workers. When you start to calculate how many contacts you have, the list can seem endless. If we were to narrow that list down to the ones you have “meaningful” contacts with, that list gets significantly reduced. You will end up with your “inner circle” which will serve to bring a higher sense of joy, meaning and fulfillment in your life. But what about your relationship with the most important person in this inner circle…you? Are you nurturing that relationship? Are you being kind and positive with him or her? Are you listening to your intuition and taking care of this person that lives inside of you?
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
I call this self-care and it is vitally important that you take the time to do the things that are required to make this a positive and healthy relationship. Learn to say No. Learn to speak your truth. Learn to take some time to look after yourself. Take a ME day occasionally to refresh your passion(s). Make this a top priority for yourself in the coming year! Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Welcome to the Editor’s Note
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. Published 11 months/year. Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner. Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
First we would like to thank you for your continued support of this local wellness magazine. It is because of you that we exist. For those of you who are wondering who the ‘we’ in Tone is, the magazine is headed by Michael “Lemmy” Monner and supported by a board of directors including Moira Hutchison, Mindfulness Coach, Tara Vicckies, Yoga Teacher, Daniel Roy, Retirement Coach, Bonnie-Jean Stacey, Herbalist, Heather Garrod, Certified Aromatherapist and Jacqueline Richards, Mortgage Agent. As you can see, our board is as varied as the resources you find each month in our magazine! Tone is evolving to stay current. Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and check out our website (www.tone.ca) to see what is happening in your community. As always, we welcome your comments and suggestions and thank you for being part of our Tone family.
Tone Advertising Rates …
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
Our World is Burning – More Reviews
You can order “Our World Is Burning” ($19.95) and receive one FREE autographed copy of New Planet New World; or Redemption; or Trailing Sky Six Feathers; or Failsafe; or Meditation CD as a thank you. Indicate which item you would like, though it depends on inventory what can be sent. http://ianprattis.com/OurWorldIsBurning.html Marianna van de Lagemaat, Herbalist Farmer The words in these essays touch my heart deeply. For instance: “I don’t want to grow up and live in a world that is burning.” From the heartfelt cry of a terrified nine year old boy, Ian demonstrates in his thoughtful, gentle way how we can, through an awakened awareness, change ourselves as individuals, think mindfully, sustainably and globally as interconnected communities and thus heal our Earth and restore our humanity. Koozma J. Tarasoff, Anthropologist, Peace Activist, Author and Photographer. Ian Prattis’ new book is an urgent call for action in our troubled world. Environmental pollution, wars, violence, greed, ego worship and crass materialism are issues that urgently need to be resolved for the health of our Planet Earth and its inhabitants. Indeed, we need to release our bad thoughts to the soil and become informed. This is a book for the new generation who also need to nurture a respectful relationship to Mother Earth. Bravo, Ian, for helping to bring the tipping points of our consciousness closer to a critical mass for radical change. Master Story Teller and Healer with a vision for a new world. Gayle Crosmaz-Brown, Master Drum Artisan & Spiritual Activator Ian’s writing style keeps one motivated to keep turning the pages wanting to know more. His passion for sharing his insights and growth has no bounds, and triggers others to take action. May all who invest their time absorbing these pages find it in their own hearts
to live the example being created within his prose. Ian is the stone being tossed into the waters of life. Let his ripple be felt on all shores. Ute H. Webb Ian has dedicated his life to engaged Buddhism, leading by example and guiding us to become guardians of the earth, always challenging us to reach beyond our comfort zone. Drawing on his deep respect for the teachings of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, his long training as a Shaman, and his years spent as a Yogi in India, his knowledge, wisdom and reflections are timely and ever so pressing. He offers, and is, mindful engagement at its finest. In his brilliant conversation with young James in Chapter One he lays out the path we must choose. Failure to do so is summarized in his excellent Rant from the Future – Chapter Two. Rock on Ian! Wendy Martin PhD This collection of essays, dharma talks, and stories offers compelling examples of how to respond to the most serious social, economic, environmental and personal challenges of the Twenty-first century: inequality, climate change, addiction, consumerism, depression, violence, abuse. Through integrating personal narrative with insights from Buddhism, anthropology, psychology, and ecology, Dr. Prattis examines the interdependent nature of the self, society and nature, as well as, the integral relationship between self-transformation and www.wateruniverse.ca collective healing. He illustrates how individuals can use mindfulness practice to cultivate awareness, as an ethical framework to guide actions, to create steadiness and equanimity, and to replenish body, mind and Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles spirit. This book offers effective tools Water related products, Purification & treatment systems and strategies to help identify and transform the causes, conditions and 911 Richmond Rd. Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 manifestations of our individual and Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8 email: email@example.com collective fear, suffering and anger into compassion, courage, healing, Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique awareness and mindful action.
CREATIVITY: Wrestling with Our Demons and Daemons str e
When a person has become very adept at wrestling with all of these entities, they are then able to smoothly transition from their fate through to their destiny in a seamless way. They are able to or the Ancient Greeks it was maintain and navigate through a important to take personal field of very creative life energy. s s llnes ownership of all the emotions, e They become “emotionally w entities and Spiritual energies that smokin available” for creative endeavours frui we carry in our daily lives. That and very adept at manifesting their included the “dark forces” and dreams, ideas and inspirations. xie destructive energies as well as the ty They find it very easy to transcend self gentle and angelic entities and all their fears and their lethargy. At first m -estee the different archetypes in between the person feels like they are having t weigh those two poles. “sparks of genius” or “flashes of All of these archetypes were called inspiration” and only later does COUNSELLING, COACHING daemons by the Greeks. When the it become obvious that it is a new Christians came along 2,000 years & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE creative state of being. Richard M. Haney ago, they attempted to cast out C.G. Jung also wrote extensively Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist the dark side of individuals and on the concept of “instinctual truth”. proclaimed that it was an “outside (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 He claimed that, although intuition demon entity” that drove folks Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. is wrong as often as it is right, into sin (the Devil). Thus, personal www.ottawahypnosis.com instinctual truth is virtually always responsibility was down-played www.ottawacounselling.com right. Creative people seem to have and redemption, guilt, confession “little people” inside of them that and tithing flourished. The idea that “the Devil made guide them in a direction that fits with exactly who they me do it” was widespread. Basically, the Church are. They are not fooled by tricksters or impersonators disempowered its followers by offering to take care of or bizarre fantasies. They stay true to their own dreams, their dark side ln return for an eternal pardon. wishes and inclinations. With clients and Partners-in-Healing who come to my They sense when a good entity, project, etc. comes practice, I share that there are 4 ways of approaching an along and they spontaneously jump right in. They issue, situation or relationship that is challenging and/ engage with that energy with very strong faith and or perturbing: then follow through with conscious determination and Face it…Deny it…Hide from it…Run from it… The perseverance. They practice “smart work”. best approach is to face it. The worst is to run from The ultimate state for the truly creative person is to it. Many people choose a combination of denying and be navigating continuously between fate and destiny in hiding. Sometimes, of course, it is important to put cadence with everything around them and maintaining the challenge on hold and then gradually resolve it. an “ever-vigilant” path. This is called being a fully C.G. Jung has called this process of facing our demons individuated person. It is not about applying a set of and daemons “assimilating the dark side”. The early rules or striving for a set of goals. It is a state of being Greeks called it Khaos or Karos which basically meant continuously and exactly oneself in each and every staying very centered and present while juggling and situation or event. balancing all of the various emotions, thoughts, actions and reactions. Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation) Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel Loved, Feel Good – Feel Grateful
any of us feel stressed and under pressure – we are on the go with our fast-paced lifestyles. It’s only natural for us to occasionally feel worn out or even a bit down from time to time. The good news is that something as simple as shifting your attention from your challenges to acknowledging the things that you are grateful for in your life can instantly boost your mood, making you feel loved and feel good about yourself. Studies show that practicing gratitude on a regular basis can improve your mood and also boost your selfesteem, will power, long term health, and even your level of success in life! Beat the blues with these practices to help you develop your sense of gratitude: 1. Keep a list of all of the things you’re grateful for. The next time that you feel irritated, frustrated, or a bit depressed, make a list and literally count your blessings. Making a list helps you to stop fixating on the current situation. 2. Start the day on a positive note. Set the tone and focus for the rest of your day by taking a few moments each morning to review the positive things in your life. 3. Be alert to the goodness all around you. It’s hard to have a positive attitude if you focus on only the negative things happening around you. Make a point to consciously seek the good in everything, especially in small, simple things such as a child’s innocent laughter or the beauty found in nature.
4. Perform random acts of kindness. You can increase your own gratitude by being someone else’s reason for thankfulness. Practice random acts of kindness by unexpectedly helping others.
5. Save notes of gratitude, instead of loose change, in a jar. Too busy to make gratitude lists or keep a gratitude journal? Try writing short notes about gratitude to yourself and keeping them in a jar! There are difficult times in everyone's life, but practicing gratitude on a regular basis gives you the power and inspiration to remain positive as you overcome challenges. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy Indian Head Massage For Women or Children
• Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation
Carve out well-deserved “me time” Enjoy relaxation with possible health benefits
For appointment and more information call
By appointment only, Marie Smith, B.A. B.Ed. Certified Practitioner, IHM @ email@example.com
Over 25 years experience
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
It’s Not Too Late Written by Alexis Nicol
woke up with pain that went from my heart right thought to my back. It instantly brought me to thinking about situations in my life. Isn’t it beautiful how pain can induce one to truthfully reflect upon one’s life? Initially I thought I was going to disappoint a lot of people then the more I thought about it I could feel the hurt on so many levels. No matter how hard I tried I found that overwhelming pressure begin to escape through the protective mountain of rocks I had built up over the years. Unaware that I had been harnessing a waterfall of tears which had now, evidently decided to break through. My tears were made up of a conglomerate of thoughts; not taking the time to tell those I love how much they mean to me, being grateful for all that so many people, friends and family have done for me, guilt, forgiveness and more – so much more. I know it’s been said many times before and it seems that we can still use a reminder every now and then. It’s a necessity to forgive (ourselves and others) and speak one’s truth for it affects us mentally, emotionally, physically and especially spiritually. The baggage we carry has the potential to bury us. By dealing with our pain in a positive manner we can heal ourselves and our relationships.
As it turned out it was only a pulled muscle so having such a wake-up call was a blessing and a valuable gift. This reminded me to make amends, be more loving and share more gratitude. Living is sharing and hopefully this will inspire someone towards their own peace and healing. To all of you that have left a mark on my heart and all those yet to do so I thank you, I bless you and most of all I love you. Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She incorporates Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
FOR MAT I O N/ T R A INING Maîtrise du Système Énergétique
Offering Updated model for the first time
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
S TA R T I N G A U G U S T 2 0 1 8
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N. Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 firstname.lastname@example.org 6
email@example.com 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location
So It’s 2018...
new year; a fresh start and commitment to grow and evolve. However, the old problems, old wounds, old emotions and thought patterns accompany us into the new start. January reality check. Even if some of us were able to put the old baggage down for the Christmas and holiday season festivities; like our shadow, our past automatically follows us into the New Year.
If we aim to thrive in our lives, we must engage in in a cleansing of the mind and spirit as well as the physical body. Careful examination of what we have stored in the nooks and crannies of our unconscious mind and thorough release of old traumas which have become obstacles to our evolution, is a must. This new year give yourself and your loved ones a truly fresh start in life and gently address and release old patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving which have stopped serving your highest benefit.
NEW YEARS OFFERINGS:
Your Roots to Branches
Counselling Services “supporting you in getting to the root of the matter”
Group Therapy- three hours, every Thursday 6:30pm-9:30pm starting February 1,2018 $275 4 week package $495 8 week package $725 12 week package Individual Sessions 1 hour session $140 Package of 8 sessions $125 per session Package of 12 sessions $110 per session Couples Sessions 1 hour session $160 Package of 8 $145 per session Package of 12 $130 per session
Our most earnest resolutions and intentions only last so long — a few days, weeks, but often we don’t make it to February with our new year resolutions intact. It’s discouraging and debilitating. Our conscious mind has good intentions but our unconscious mind is running our life, based on old mental and emotional defensive programs acquired during traumatic or diﬃcult times. The reptilian brain is about survival and it is powerful. However, repression of old wounds is really self oppression and often prevents our best eﬀorts to grow.
Time Enough for Love? In the immortal Lyrics of Burt Bacharach and Hal David and sung by Dusty Springfield:
What the world needs now is love, sweet love It’s the only thing that there’s just too little of What the world needs now is love, sweet love, No not just for some but for everyone.… It all starts with each one of us; our commitment to cultivating healthy self love and sharing the wealth. If we didn’t have a good experience of it in our childhood, it’s time to take ourselves in hand, do the work, learn the life lessons, the love lessons and then share the wealth with others.
All packages must be paid for in advance in order to qualify for the discounted rate. *All rates are inclusive of HST. Payment plans are available. Ambreen Ihsanullah MEd Your Roots to Branches Counselling Services (613) 421-9277 www.ambreen.ca :firstname.lastname@example.org.
The way bees make honey oﬀers great insight into this, at times, seemingly impossible mission. Make like bees. Gather nectar from all the flowers/people and places you visit or whatever life presents to you. Go home and make honey with your friends, family and coworkers. When it’s ready, store it in your honeycomb/home ready to share with friends and strangers alike. It takes eight bees their entire lifetimes to make a teaspoon of honey. A sweet life’s work, if you make it yours. What can we do in this month of love that pays significant homage to the mystery of Love? In a world too often overwhelmingly full of violence, cruelty, hatred and destruction how can we make a meaningful diﬀerence? In this month of love we can choose to make a habit of making honey/making love. Make like the bees and consciously dedicate ourselves to making honey and becoming the creators and distributors of love.
A Rose By Any Other Name
n the loving kindness meditation, Metta Bhavana, one extends love to oneself first, and then in increasingly larger circles, extending loving kindness to others in the room, in the building, in the city, the country, the world and finally, the universe. But it starts with loving oneself. This Valentine’s month, I encourage you to practice self love. This can be accomplished in many ways, some of which I will describe here. Rose essential oil is generally thought of as an oil of the heart and unconditional love. A bath with rose petals and lit by candles is a great way to bring some peace and serenity into your life. Another oil which is one of my favourites is rose geranium. It is a balancing oil: helping level out the emotions. Burn some in a diffuser to bring some aromatic relief into your space. There are a number of other oils with ‘rose’ in the name, each with their own wonderful traits. Palmarosa is a grass grown in India and has a lovely, fresh light scent. It is used extensively in skin care and also used to treat stress and anxiety, just like rose, but at fraction of the price. Jamarosa is another grass, used extensively in the perfumery trade. All the oils listed here are also good antiseptics to diffuse during cold and flu season. Rosalina is a heart chakra oil that acts in the same way, but more gently, than tea tree: as a respiratory antiseptic, for example.
I encourage you to come visit and experience our essential oils firsthand! If you are wondering how to incorporate meditation into your life, we offer classes Wednesdays at noon and Sunday evenings. If you are experiencing blocks that you can’t seem to shake, our wellness clinic practitioners can assist you. Make 2018 the year of taking care of you. And the rest will fall into place.
©2018 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St near Somerset. She gives workshops on creating natural bodycare and has been creating natural bodycare for over two decades. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic. www.planetbotanix.com
New Book by Rupa:
A Complete Yoga Manual
Stewart McIsaac odern science and ancient wisdom use different language to express reality. Ancient wisdom tells us the soul is never born or dies. Modern science tell us that energy cannot be created or destroyed. Ancient wisdom tells us the same spirit will incarnate in another living being. Modern science tell us our ancestor’s genes are present in us. Ancient wisdom tells us at the soul level we have the same composition. Modern science tell us we are all made up of invisible atoms, that we are the same on a microcosmic level. Ancient wisdom tells us the invisible soul can be seen through a living being. Modern science tells us E=mc2, that energy can be transformed into matter. We need to understand the language of both modern science and ancient wisdom, and find a bridge between the two, instead of label the ancient
Hatha Yoga Yin Yoga Meditation Teacher Training www.wishingtreeyoga.ca expression as superstition. Excerpt from A Complete Yoga www.wishingtreeyoga.ca Manual by Ivy Xie-McIsaac (Rupa). A Complete Yoga Manual began as a Teacher Training Manual for the Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training at Wishingtree Yoga. From Rupa’s initial writing of the manual, and my proofreading, the manual, four years later has blossomed into a book. With Rupa’s inspired yet practical way she guides the reader through an indepth theoretical discussion of Yoga, its roots and various kinds, and settles into an extensive presentation of the practice of Hatha Yoga. Rupa’s Chinese background and training has given her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom. Living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. She hopes for this book to be a bridge between east and west, modern and ancient, theory and practice. This Complete Yoga Manual that Rupa has written with all her heart, soul, love, devotion, hard work, and knowledge, has the power to awaken a higher perception of Yoga, which liberates the soul and connects us with the Divine. Enjoy the journey! For more information please contact Wishingtree Yoga at email@example.com
Ivy Xie-McIsaac (Rupa)
Includes Wishingtree Chants CD
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul
by Amâeil Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within
Are you trusting in your Higher Self?
Meditation, study and application in a small group format
I specialize in helping you free yourself from stubborn, limiting patterns. 12-dimensional clearing healing the root cause
pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2017 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-834-8896
Respect Each Other’s Journey
here are different paths unfolding right now on Earth, and many people are moving through a new level of spiritual growth. So some relationships will deepen, some will need healing, and others will dissolve. In every case, each person is responsible for their own path, fulfilling that through their own blueprint, soulpurpose, and choices. It’s not that everyone will have this all figured out. But it’s wise to respect that, if we’re relaxing into alignment with our truth, each of us is following the unique orchestration of our higher self. We came to learn to harmonize our souls, not to please others nor conform. So do not assume that what works for you also works for others. When someone is at a turning point or lacks clarity, and they ask for your help, it’s supportive to help them discover possibilities. If you tell someone who they should be or how they should live, even if well-intentioned, it reflects your own agenda. Especially if their choice impacts you, it can be a challenge to remain non-attached. So rather than be tell-directed, allow your highest self to communicate with theirs - heart to heart. Open to curiosity and ask what matters to them, rather than assume that you know what’s best for them or how they’ll respond. Help liberate them through their awareness. Share, have empathy, and learn with them. Stay out of your fear that they may choose differently than what you would want for them, and perhaps for yourself. Let them make their own choices. Each of us has a specific contribution in our universal ascension. No two journeys are alike. So appreciate differences. Intend inner peace for the other person, so that when all is said and done, they feel encouraged to allow their authenticity and love for themselves as they unfold. Honour yourself this way for the greatest ease. www.MelindaUrban.com 17 yrs. experience: intuitive energy education, counselling, healing & multi-dimensional ascension clearing intelligently purposed for Indigos/ Starseeds, young and older. ©2018 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) All Rights Reserved.
613.836.2355 • www.kaivalya.ca
Offices in Hull & Stittsville
Empower Your Life-Path!
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR: • EMOTIONAL/PHYSICAL PAIN • GRIEVING • RELATIONS • REGRESSIONS • WEIGHT • ADDICTIONS • STRESS • ENERGY LEVEL • HEALING THE PAST .
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
PH D. EASTERN PHILOSOPHY, NGH CERTIFIED HYPNOTIST, COACH, TEACHER
THE POWER OF LOVE By Lynne Cardinal
“It is love alone that gives worth to all things.” ― St. Teresa of Avila
ove is a topic that has always inspired and fascinated me. I feel it is the very essence of life and should be our priority, but it can be complicated. Love is enticing and it can be fulfilling like none other, however, it can lead to the deepest pain we may ever know. We can’t truly give up on love as it’s in us to love even though we know that love can be profoundly painful. Love permeates our very being and if we try to bypass it it will always nag at us from within. Imagine a world without love...what would be left? Love makes life rich. Love can also make us egoless, free, open and clear. I’ve seen in my life how the energy of love is healing and can sometimes makes the difference between life and death. Yet it is often difficult to love as it can trigger a core fear. So how to stay open to love when we’re afraid to get hurt? By learning one of life’s most important lesson -- independence. That means keeping a perspective that frees us from excessive attachments and expectations. We still can love while understanding that the nature of life is transitory. We are all complex individuals with each and everyone of us having lessons to learn while accepting this truth. Staying open to love is to me one of the deepest spirituality I know. Essentially, love resides in our very essence. Love is never based on dependence, but on the fact that we are united and always will be. Love is permeated by wisdom, the highest form of intelligence and knowledge.
So my advice is to stay connected to the wisdom of the heart; love comes from our true heart. When in doubt, I’d say, choose the heart. I’m not saying to leave what you have learned in your life behind, but it means to trust your intuition (your deeper wisdom). This leads to a deep satisfaction as it means that we are connected with our essence. Sometimes we need help to do so. I have helped numerous clients to find a center of love that is grounding and fulfilling. Hypnosis helps us access our deeper wisdom, as it is there, we just need to access it. Lynne Cardinal holds client sessions in Hull and Stittsville. She offers Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors and has done so for over 30 years. She is also a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD (alternative) in Eastern Philosophy. She has completed an extensive and advanced training with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation and Healing and on Trauma (individual and collective) work. She has trained with Diane Hamilton in Conflict Resolution and with Diana Martinez on Family Constellation. For more information or to book a session call 613.836.2355 or www.kaivalya.ca; email@example.com
Kaivalya Centre ®
Awakening Your Potential
“You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper
hat is it, how it affects people and what you can do if you suffer from anxiety. It’s interesting as a youngster growing up, the term anxiety didn’t really exist. Certainly, the term social anxiety didn’t exist. Generalized anxiety and specific anxiety didn’t really exist. I wasn’t aware growing up in the 90’s of many people being on anti-anxiety medication whereas now people are on antidepressants. That’s another story for another day. But as far as I know, there weren’t many people suffering from anxiety or taking medication because it wasn’t really a diagnosed disorder then. As I look at anxiety now, as a change worker (an agent of change) dealing with forms of anxiety for about 20 years, anxiety is not something that’s done to you. It’s not that somebody comes along and creates anxiety to you, it’s something that you do to yourself. There could be some people who may say, “Oh my God, I can’t believe you said that, Luke.” Why would I bring on anxiety to myself? This doesn’t make any sense. “You’re out of your mind.” I’m not saying that you’re doing it consciously, I’m not saying that you’re sitting around your house saying, “You know what, I’m going to make myself feel really bad today.” Therefore, I’m going explain the formula for anxiety for everyone from all walks of life.. Here’s how they do it, you ready? This is how everyone does anxiety. It’s done very quickly.You go out to a future because you can only have anxiety for the future, you can’t have anxiety with things or events that happened in the past or for right now, it’s always future based. So here’s how everyone in the universe does anxiety. Go out to the future to some event that hasn’t yet happened, imagine it going poorly, come back towards now, bring all those uncomfortable feelings towards now and basically preordain or set that compass inside to draw that to happen
to me so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Now you might say, “Well, why would anyone do it?” because it’s not something you do consciously or sit around thinking about, but that’s how people do it. They don’t do it like that, they do it faster than that. Did you hear that? They do it faster than that because I know people who have anxiety who do it really well so that they could do it in a millisecond. They go from zero to a hundred. Now you might ask, “Well, well, well, why? Why are we doing anxiety?” Now, every problem we have, overeating for example, we’re depressing ourselves. We have anxiety in ourselves on some unconscious level. We’re getting what we call a secondary cane. We’re getting something from the behavior. Now, I am not saying or suggesting you know what that is, or you’re sit around concocting that. I’m not saying what there is, but on some level, you’re getting something from it, otherwise the problem would cease to exist. It would almost like being poor, having to pay the bills, having to make money to pay the bills yet going to a job for 40 or 50 hours a week as a volunteer and never making any money. At some point, you would have to stop and get a real job to pay your bills because you’re not getting any money. You’re getting something from your problem otherwise it would cease to exist. It’s not something you’re getting consciously, you’re probably not even aware of it but on some unconscious level, you’re getting some kind of payback from it. Now, for some people it might be that they get more attention from their family, from their loved ones. They’re all there,k they’re all anxious, “Tell me about all your problems.” They start to feel significant because people start to listen to them. Perhaps they don’t have to work anymore so don’t have that burden, perhaps they get a cheque from the government because they’ve been
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
diagnosed with anti-anxiety disorder or post-traumatic stress disorder. I’m not saying these people don’t truly feel these things, that’s not what I’m saying. Understand that, but there’s that added benefit that they get to stay at home or they get sympathy from people or people look at them differently, or people look at them as the anxiety guy - that’s their significance in the world. One of their human needs is met just like that, just by having this disorder and people start to look at them differently. I don’t know what it is for you, if you do suffer from anxiety, but it might be one of those examples noted above, or it might be another reason. When I work with people with anxiety they want to tell me why they are anxious - I can always tell they’re anxious from the way they’re talking, it starts to make me anxious. You can’t get sucked into that reality because here’s the thing, as a good change worker, I just need to know what your problem is. You suffer from the symptoms of anxiety, you suffer from the symptoms of depression, fear or phobia or whatever it may be. However, I do not need to know necessarily when it started, I do not need to know what the event is. I’m not a counselor, I’m not a psychotherapist, I’m not a psychiatrist, I don’t believe we need to go back to that memory. I don’t want you to have you tell me about it so you get traumatized and make you relive it over and over again by telling me about it three times a week for up to four years. As Sigmund Freud, the father of modernday psychology, says, “Someone could see me, Sigmund Freud, three or four times a week for years and I couldn’t even guarantee their problem would be lessened let alone gone.” I work fast with people, I care that they’re hurting themselves, that they feel like shit and they want to stop. This is where I come in to help them stop. I just care about getting them to end their suffering so they can get on with their life and do whatever they want to do without this anxiety. There are many different things you can do to deal with anxiety. Do I believe that talking about it over and over again helps, maybe 10% of the time it does, but oftentimes it just reinforces it over and over again. There are many different techniques you can use such as a kinetic shift technique, something that Kyle Smith, famous hypnotist, uses, for example. Other powerful techniques include neurolinguistic programming or hypnosis to really help people shift intense anxiety. Here’s a story of an older gentleman client who came to me (name withheld for confidentiality) quite a while ago. He comes into my office because for the last 20 years I think it was, he’d been reporting that when it came into the autumn and winter seasons and the nights started to get darker and darker and darker, out of nowhere, he had this cloud that essentially appeared. Metaphorically. It stayed over his head and just made him feel really, really sad and also really, really anxious and his sense of loss would take over him. Now there’s no logical reason for any of this. Nothing happened, yet this real bad feeling of anxiety and depression would be all mixed into one. His doctors had given him some medication and as long as he used the medication, he was on a nice clean path. Well, the problem is he didn’t want to take medication
for the rest of his life. He’d been on it way too long and it was affecting him quite frankly sexually, couldn’t get it up anymore and he just didn’t want to rely on medication. So, he came to see me then. Now I don’t ever work with clients on medication because obviously I’m not a medical doctor and I’m not here to dispense medical advice in any way, shape or form. I asked him to discuss with his doctor and his doctor was happy to start to reduce his anxiety medication and he started coming and he booked eight sessions with me, even though I wasn’t sure how long it would take. Eight sessions is a very, very extreme situation. We usually do things about this for two to four sessions, but I gave him the option and he wanted to come and see me for eight, so I agreed. He came into my office and the first session was an hour. We did a technique with him and his anxiety disappeared. It went away. I set the anxiety off in the office because I wanted to see him go into his negative state. At the end we knew it had worked because he wasn’t feeling that way anymore. He came back a week later on and as I do with all my clients, I simply asked him, “So hey, how’s your last week been? What’s happened?” Because all my sessions are based on finding out...getting a reality report from my clients as to what happened between session one or two whatever the numbers of sessions are rather than me going there. The preordained notion of knowing exactly where they are doesn’t unfold until they come in and they report what happened over last week. The client said, “So I’m ready to go to step two with the anxiety - let’s go.” I ask if it’s gone. He’s like yeah, yeah it’s gone. He reported that the strangest thing happened on that Friday at home after our session. I couldn’t sleep that night. I was up the whole night and all those triggers and memories that we discussed in the session with one another that came up one after the other after the other. I had no emotional reaction to them at all. And I’m like, “Wow, isn’t that amazing?” I responded “Yeah look, what do you want to do with the next seven sessions?” I’ve never had a client pay for a problem to disappear and it went away too fast and they hadn’t been too upset about that. They’re always really, really happy to quickly get rid of it. Be at seven sessions left he’s like, “Well, you just reinforce this somewhere.” Absolutely, we’re going to do that anyway and because he’s an Italian chef he likes to eat too much bread and too much pasta. So, can you do some work over this? I respond, “Yeah, but will you still be a true FBI, full-blooded Italian if we get rid of your bread and pasta?” And he laughed and he said, “Yeah.” I said, “Listen, I mean is it something you want to reduce or is it something that you just want to stop completely because it’s a lot easier to stop doing something than it is to control it.” And he goes, “Yeah, I’d actually like to stop it all together." Stay tuned for the second part next week. Same Luke Time, Same Luke Channel! Remember to Like, Share and Comment Always Believe, Luke Michael Howard Ph.D Clinical Hypnotist Toronto
Energy Medicine In Evolution
You are invited to join our 4th Open Mind Workshop on May 5, 2018 at the Kitchissippi United Church at 630 Island Park Drive, Ottawa. This workshop will be focused on Energy Medicine in Evolution.
nergy Medicine has existed for thousands of years in many cultures. My first encounter with it was in 1996 when I was at my wits end trying to stay well after major surgery. It was Qigong that came to my rescue. It also started my journey in Energy Medicine! At that time, not too many people knew about it nor practicing it. The practice was mainly focused on physical
wellbeing. It was largely based on moving energy in the body, opening up blockages by the laying on of hands or practicing Qigong exercises. As time goes by with the earth energy rising more avenues are opening up with more awareness. Now in 2018, Energy Medicine has reached the power that was not imaginable in 1966. In this workshop Dr. John Ryan will talk about Quantum DNA and Unity Field Healing followed by leading you through a guided meditation. You will learn all about the power of Energy Medicine and discover the emerging field of Quantum DNA Healing to support you in your healing and wellbeing! Dr. Ryan is a medical doctor as well as a practitioner of Energy and Conscious based medicine. He is also the author of the book Entitled The Missing Pill, a must read in energy healing! In recent years, his work has led him to the mystical threshold of quantum basis of DNA and its integral connection to the human spirit and he founded Unity Field Healing (UFH). UFH is a new “Quantum” healing process based on conscious activation of the DNA quantum field to support healing and personal evolution. I have attended his workshops and found that Dr Ryan’s presentation is always clear and down to earth with great illustrations, and easy to understand. Sifu James Foo will talk about dimensional Healing. He will raise your energy and then connect you to the different Dimensions so you can experience their energy and healing at different levels. Sifu James Foo is a trained scientist who was born with an ability to see energy. With a scientific mind and an eagerness to help humanity, he established The Qi-Matic Research Centre. He is committed to discovering new ways in healing and teaching them in workshops. I learned from him the many energy paths in the body, energy wheels around the body, the different unheard of brain frequencies and frequencies from the universe to name a few. They are mostly unheard of but very powerful tools. He has also created
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: How important is the quality of love in the world?
SRI CHINMOY: Nothing can be greater than love. The world exists just because love still exists on earth. No other divine quality can create, sustain and fulfil God here on earth like the quality of love. Love lives inside the heart, not inside the mind. If love means possessing someone or something, then that is not real love; that is not pure love. If love means giving and becoming one with everything, with humanity and divinity, then that is real love. There are two types of love: human love and love divine. In human love, there is a conscious demand, or at least an unconscious expectation from the love you offer to others. When your love is pure or spiritual, there is no demand, no expectation. There is only the sweetest feeling of spontaneous oneness with the human being or beings concerned. We have to use love not to bind or possess the world, but to free and widen our own consciousness and the consciousness of the world. a coaster energizer to increase people’s energy and a DNA energizer medallion to help with DNA functions. Recently, he has been successfully tapping into the many different dimensions and discover their unique quality which he will share with you at the workshop. Sifu James’ workshop is always fun and experiential! You leave in awe and feeling energized! Come on May 5, and join the energies of two very unique and compassionate Energy Medicine Healers and go home with powerful new tools! You can also bring questions you may have relating to Energy Medicine and wellbeing. Space is limited. Register early to secure your spot. To register: email Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or text her at 613 762 8893. Payment can be sent by E transfer to email@example.com or by cheque to Angela Fung at 49 Rita Ave. Ottawa K2G 2G7 or by cash in person.
Divine love does not mean an emotional exchange of human thoughts or ideas; it means the fulfilment of oneness. When we love divinely, we are not attached to anybody. We care only for the expansion of our own consciousness and of the consciousness of others. We feel that it is not right to bind them. By binding an individual we do not accomplish anything. When we really love, we feel that we should expand our consciousness into Infinity and we should help those with whom we are closely connected to expand their consciousness as well. In divine love we just give and give. You can consciously give pure love to others if you feel that you are giving a portion of your life-breath when you talk to others or think of others. And this life-breath you are offering just because you feel that you and the rest of the world are totally and inseparably one. Where there is oneness, it is all pure love. Visit www.srichinmoy.org for further writings by Sri Chinmoy
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973 Cost: $55 before April 20, 2018. $70 after April 20 or at the door. Location: Kitchissippi United Church, 630 Island Park Drive, Ottawa. Time: 9am to 5 pm. Limited space for private consultations with presenters will be available to workshop attendees on May 6. Contact Angela Fung for details. Angela Fung. Ottawa coordinator of Qi-Matic Research Centre, B.A. Psychology, Retired RN., Qigong Practitioner , Bowen Therapy Practitioner, ThetaHealing Practitioner
A Language of Life by Rachelle Lamb
ebruary 7th marks three years since the death of Dr. Marshall Rosenberg, author of the highly acclaimed best seller Nonviolent Communication: A Language Of Life. Rosenberg’s seminal work continues to be utilized as a powerful tool to help people effectively resolve conflict, and yet it was also his dream that NVC be a tool for social change. After almost 20 years of offering NVC trainings and coaching, it would be naïve of me to say that it’s an easy sell to focus on the social change dimensions of NVC. And that is because we in modern society are maily concerned with our own lives and relationships. We want to fix and mend what’s not working. We are less interested in the bigger picture, especially if it means making changes that are uncomfortable. It’s understandable and unfortunate. One of the things that set a physician apart from his or her peers is an ability to make accurate diagnoses. When the patient seeks relief from an ailment, does the physician view the body as a machine? If so, medication will be prescribed to treat the symptoms on the basis of physical symptoms. For example, anti-depressants for depression or blood pressure medication for hypertension. OR .. does the physician view the body and soul as belonging to a larger living landscape that influences and impacts the health of the individual? If so, the physician will question the patient about his or her life in various areas in order to make a more holistic diagnosis. Food choices, exercise, lifestyle, relationships, work environment and stress levels will likely be discussed. Most of what ails us is broader than our symptoms. The loss of connection that prevails in so many areas of our lives can be attributed largely to the loss of connection between ourselves and the earth, and also to the loss of village. It could be said that we have become so accustomed to unnatural ways of living that we don’t really know what we need in order to lead healthy lives and cultivate healthy relationships. Would we even recognize genuine healthy connection and belonging if we saw or it? Worse still, would we even want it? Writer D.H. Lawrence wrote: “Oh what a catastrophe, what a maiming of love when it was made a personal, merely personal feeling, taken away from the rising and setting of the sun, and cut off from the magic connection of the solstice and equinox. This is what is the matter with us. We are bleeding at the roots, because we are
cut off from the earth and sun and stars, and love is a grinning mockery, because, poor blossom, we plucked it from its stem on the tree of life and expected it to keep on blooming in our civilised vase on the table.” Let’s recognize that questions like how do I get my child to cooperate, or how do I get my partner to open up, or how do I deal with anger are best approached holistically. Interdependence and interconnection IS the way of life. This means that our conduct with each other and the words we speak do not occur in isolation but
are rooted in forces larger than what we see. For me, teaching NVC in these troubled times has become an exploration into the larger socio-cultural narrative that facilitates disconnection. It’s all too easy to conclude that our spouse or child or friend is at fault when tensions rise. Fortunately an expanded approach doesn’t diminish the importance of taking a solid look at what transpires between people and developing skills to better navigate relationships. It’s hugely relevant and core to what I teach. However I have found that people become much more discerning, generous, compassionate and resourceful when they explore the larger landscapes in which their lives and relationships unfold at the same time that they develop those skills. Lastly, a gift for you dear reader. Something I wrote a few years ago inspired by a desire to lay a garland at the feet of a new year. 2018 is still young and Valentine’s day is not far off. Drink in .. May you fall madly in love this year .. in love with someone who unhinges your tired trajectory, in love with a spouse of several years who might be aching for lightning, in love with demanding children and crazy relatives .. in love with the particular pedigree of genius insanity that has perhaps claimed you in spite of your reluctance .. and certainly in love with an animal, a cloud, a redwood, the wild .. these at least once a day. May you fall in love with this fragile jewel of a world, with hard work, real learning, just causes, petitioning and prayers. May you fall in love with wonder itself, with the grand mystery, with all that feeds you in order that you may live .. and with
“Me and My Shadow” by Rev. Roxanne Buckle, Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa
n Unity we often say, we are spiritual beings having a human experience. We do this to remind ourselves that at the core, we are of divine essence and that our essential, divine nature is the non-physical part of us that is eternal, unchanging, whole and infinite. It is of the same power that created the world and it is within ourselves right here, and right now. So why are we not living fully from that realization? What happens is that as part of our normal human development, aspects of our whole, essential selves become hidden. These hidden parts are called our shadow side. It is a natural part of the human process, that our ego—or that part of us that we show to the world— forms as we develop strategies to belong, to fit in, to please, to protect ourselves. Yet, in order to heal and transform, we must discover these hidden parts of ourselves and shine the light on them. For example, growing up in a family that valued education and hard work (not of itself a bad thing!) as a developing human who wanted to fit in and please, I repressed that aspect of myself that wants to play and have fun and frolic and enjoy life for no other reason than for enjoyment. For me, I spent years judging others for engaging in pleasurable pursuits. It takes a tremendous amount of energy to push down and deny awareness of our shadow self and it limits our expression of living to its fullest. Unconsciously, it is like holding a beach ball under water. and when we are stressed or tired the shadow (or beach ball) pops up out of the water, in another location, as a projection on another person or situation. It is time to bring into the light of awareness that which we have denied about ourselves so we can step into a more expanded version of our true self.
Celebration of Spirit, Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
"Me and My Shadow” Workshop
Bring your dark side to the light and transform your life to greater freedom, peace and joy
Sat Feb 24 10-4 and Sun Feb 25 1-4 Fee: $125; early bird $99 until Feb 18 (bring your shadow for free!)
Location: The Good Companions Centre (670 Albert St. Lots of Parking; Bus stop at door) For more information go to unityottawa.org or email us firstname.lastname@example.org to register. We are an inclusive, joy-filled community celebrating Oneness. All are Welcome!
I believe it is our evolutionary task at this juncture to reclaim our whole self and unlearn what we created to keep our shadow self from awareness. We begin by reclaiming the lost parts of ourselves--our shadow self, by recognizing what is in the shadow and by finding appropriate ways to claim, it express it and integrate it. Come join us in the process of unlearning at Unity. Here’s to welcoming the shadow into the light. Namaste. Unityottawa.org
the responsibility that that confers. May you fall in love with heartbreak and seeing how it’s stitched into everything. May you fall in love with the natural order of things and with tears, tenderness and humility. May this be a magnificent year for you. May you fall deeply, madly, hopelessly, inextinguishably in love .. Rachelle Lamb’s lifelong interest in human development, relationship dynamics and the roles that culture and ecology play in people’s lives, along with her ability to skillfully pave the way for transformational dialogue between people consistently produces powerful learning experiences for individuals and audiences. She lives in Victoria BC. Learn more: www.RachelleLamb.com
MASSAGE COUPON Limit One per customer Redeemable Tuesdays only $45.00 per treatment, 1.25 hours. Contact Sonja Müller, Deep Tissue Therapist and Massage Teacher with 20 years clinical experience in private practice
No longer accepting insurance reimbursement clients
Expiry August 30, 2018
Love and Forgiveness: The Golden Keys To Life! By Lynda Chaplin
Love melts all blockages and transforms all life. Forgiveness brings inner joy and inner peace. ~ Dr. and Master Sha ou have the power to create new possibilities in your life. To embrace this inner power, it is important to love, accept and forgive yourself. A heart filled with love, light, joy, inspiration, excitement and more is what will help to manifest your new creation. The love that pours from the heart is the creation power that is needed to manifest something new and successful in your life. An open heart allows you to connect to your creativity, inspiration, and to put things into action. Creation is love in action. Love and forgiveness are the golden keys to a happy, healthy and successful life. Love and forgiveness go hand in hand. There is no love without forgiveness, there is no forgiveness without love. Accumulating research supports what spiritual teachers from nearly all traditions have long taught: forgiveness heals. It improves our mood and optimism, brings inner peace, and helps us recover from challenges of all kinds. Even medical doctors are endorsing that forgiveness helps patients recover from injuries and ailments.
Forgiveness has power beyond imagination. Many people are sick because of an emotional imbalance. Emotional imbalances are often directly related to someone or something that bothers you and that you cannot let go of. Forgiveness can balance your emotions, which will help to heal your physical body as well. Just as your soul, heart, mind, and body are interconnected, your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual bodies are interconnected also. To open your heart and soul is to develop the ability to give and receive love and other wholesome qualities like forgiveness, compassion, gratitude, kindness, and generosity. To open your heart and soul is to transform your blockages and bring you into vibrational alignment with the greatest love and forgiveness. Learn how to use Soul Power to heal what blocks your heart and soul from experiencing the greatest love and forgiveness. Experience the power of forgiveness to help you let go of the past and be inspired about the possibilities for the future. This is the pathway to living a happier, more successful, and enlightened life. Lynda Chaplin is a Master Teacher trained and certified by Master Shaâ€™s Tao Academy. Join Lynda on February 16â€“18 at Saint Paul University to learn the golden keys to a happy and fulfilling lifeâ€”see ad for details. Contact Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com for more info.
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
February 24-25 March 17-18 April 7-8 May 5-6
Peterborough Ottawa (Almonte) Windsor Sudbury
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies
West Carleton Counselling Services
During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at email@example.com, 905 655-6756 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
Lisa Bottriell, M. Ed. Counsellor
www.wccs.ca firstname.lastname@example.org 613-882-1993 411 Donald B. Munro, Carp, Ontario
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Get details at: www.StopPsychotherapyTakeover.ca
n December 13th, 2017 despite thousands of letters, emails, phone calls and petition signatures, the Province of Ontario ordered the proclamation of the Controlled Act of Psychotherapy into force (Order in Council 2318/2017). An unaccountable corporation called the College of Registered Psychotherapists now decides what is and is not psychotherapy and is poised to eliminate all natural, holistic and spiritual care practitioners. And while most residents were busy with the holiday season, Ontario’s Lieutenant Governor signed off on legislation that puts over 10,000 innocent and valued holistic, natural and spiritual care practitioners at risk of massive fines and jail time, effective December 30th, 2017. In doing so, she engaged in massive human rights violations, indicating that the entire government structure has ignored legally-binding human rights legislation. The violations of freedom of association, freedom of spiritual care, medical autonomy, and privacy place thousands of practitioners in grave danger and millions of Ontarians without choice in mental health treatments. Legislation is now in force that: (a) violates virtually every legally-binding human right and freedom; (b) is much like the law deemed unconstitutional in the Texas 5th Circuit of Appeal in May 2016; and (c) places all healthcare under the full control of medical model/pharmaceutical advocates. Here is a brief synopsis of the situation: a) Back in 2007 the Ontario government started a full-out assault on our human rights by passing the Psychotherapy Act and the Controlled Act of Psychotherapy in a huge Omnibus Bill 171 that one MPP noted that they had had no chance to read before the vote. Some provisions in that Bill, including the Controlled Act of Psychotherapy, were not proclaimed immediately. We have been working hard for years now to prevent proclamation, always being disregarded and demeaned, kept out of the loop and deemed not to be “stakeholders” even though we, as both practitioners of natural healthcare and clients of other practitioners, are amongst those who will be most effected. Not even the general public is considered a ‘stakeholder’, although it is their lives and well-being that are on the line. b) The Controlled Act of Psychotherapy could have died a natural and appropriate death on December 31st,
2017, being automatically repealed under s. 10.1 to the Legislation Act, 2006, for not having been proclaimed within 10 years of having passed its 3rd reading. Instead, on November 22nd, 2017, the Health Minister posted a “proposal” to amend Regulation 107/96 of the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA), allowing “for a period of time during which anyone may perform the controlled act of psychotherapy”. Public commenting on the “proposal” closed on December 3rd, 2017 – in violation of the province’s Regulatory Policy requiring a mandatory minimum 45day period for public comments. On December 19th, 2017, the Registrar of the College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO) notified those on CRPO’s email list that “The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is proposing amendments…” -- more than 2 weeks after the period for public comments on the proposal had closed. c) To ensure that his abuse of practitioners and the public would not affect him in the next election, Minister Eric Hoskins went ahead and installed the amendment in Regulation 107/96 as section 7.2 and 7.3, exempting a person from being charged under the Controlled Act of Psychotherapy until December 31st, 2019, but in the meantime the unaccountable College of Registered Psychotherapists is sharpening its act as it engages in pretext calls to Reiki and spiritual care practitioners. [Note that regulations such as Regulation 107/96 can be amended without a vote in the Legislature, meaning that just as this amendment was added to Regulation 107/96 with virtually no meaningful advance notice to the public, Minister Hoskins also can have it removed or altered after the election without any meaningful notice to the public, in order to ensure that practitioners are put out of work as soon as possible after the election.] d) Meanwhile, Minister Hoskins had the Controlled Act of Psychotherapy proclaimed, and, illustrating his ongoing abuse of the legislative process, his Ministry of Health’s December 21st Bulletin states that they don’t even know what the controlled act means and plan to figure it out over the next 2 years. By preventing the controlled act from dying as it should have on December 31st, the Minister has extended CRPO’s ability to torment innocent natural wellness practitioners and coerce them into joining its useless regime of extortion and control. e) On December 21st, 2 days after their belated email informing of the “proposed” amendment, CRPO issued an “out-of-left-field” email bizarrely stating “As you are likely aware, the Ontario government has proclaimed the controlled act of psychotherapy.” Making matters worse, CRPO stated that “without a thorough review of a full application, we cannot determine if one’s practice involves the provision of psychotherapy that falls outside the controlled act.” Once they have
WARNING: Controlled Act of Psychotherapy Proclaimed into Force; witch hunt has started
an innocent spiritual care or holistic practitioner’s application, they have a clear target for their prosecution…if you are a practitioner, it is not likely in your best interests to get involved in any way with the College. Many applicants feel they have no choice but to apply in order to continue to earn their living, even Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life. though what they do is not and never has been psychotherapy… it is truly a horrible situation! f) And now, beginning in late December (see details here), CRPO, or someone else connected Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist with this scheme, has apparently will help you heal yourself naturally of: decided to use these next 2 years to collect information on • Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions natural practitioners, by making • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt pretext calls and emails to Reiki • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome practitioners and others that began • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain in late December. • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits Ontario residents cannot have good health if a dictator and his VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at www.GracePlaceWellness.ca pharma masters remove their safest and most cost-effective Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and options. What you are seeing talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems. is more privatization at work to dismantle Canada. Do you answer YES to any of these questions? The government knows that Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? people do not have years to Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? spend fighting their way through Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? courts, only to find that the Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another? Judges appointed by them do not subscribe to human rights, even though the Supreme Court CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! of Canada has repeatedly stated Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. that the International Covenant Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested. on Civil and Political Rights and the International Covenant on Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca Economic, Social and Cultural Rights are binding on the government and are the inspiration gall to change our 15,000-signature petition wording for the Charter. without our consent just before it was read into Hansard You were set free of servitude to the corporate in January! “government” in 1976 and ever since then, the We are working with other affected groups (wind government has spent billions to keep you from turbine, hydro rate victims, parents, senior driver, knowing that individuals are no longer obligated to the property owners, poverty) and will keep you posted. government, cannot be forced to pay any taxes, levies The People must take back the province and we must or dispose of their resources in any way but for their have a government run by the people, not money. own ends…and cannot be forced to associate with a We need your financial help and your skills. Contact: corporate regulatory college. email@example.com Please wake up to what is happening in Ontario… in Canada. love and blessings, All political parties run interference for one another; ~Stop Psychotherapy Takeover team Conservative Party leader, Patrick Brown, even had the
Hypnotherapy That Works GracePlace Wellness
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact firstname.lastname@example.org SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA GURDJIEFF STUDY GROUP www.gurdjieffottawa.ca For those wishing to connect with the teaching and practice of G.I. Gurdjieff and the possibilities for man’s inner development, we invite you to join us on Friday evenings. Phone 613-746-6547 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• People NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-413-1216
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and over 30 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org 613 304 4255 EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aura Healing RELEASING PAIN AT THE SOURCE. Home visit. Beau, 613-422-5606
DIRECTORY • Ayurveda
successful – Karen Osborne - email@example.com www.ascensionhealing.ca.
• Chiropractic SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613-415-1139 marieamram. firstname.lastname@example.org
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
Circa 1894 - 3 guest rooms, renovated church. Use of Spa facilities (extra fee) - 3 Tubs; Finnish, NIR, FAR Infra-red saunas; Reiki. 613-259-9988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist firstname.lastname@example.org or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, email@example.com or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Books IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH - The Grail Message, by Abd-ru-shin, is a three-volume spiritual work that teaches us about the cosmic laws that not only govern nature but all of Creation. It also gives clear explanations about our place and responsibility as we journey through life. This work addresses the individual human being regardless of race, creed or nationality; it reveals the true meaning of life and opens the door to true happiness and lasting inner peace. Orders : 1-877-7623077- firstname.lastname@example.org- grail-message.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Bette@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-722-4249. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636.
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minute Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com
ICU-INSPIRING CHILDREN UNIVERSALLY – Learning to read blindfolded consciously connects children connect to their Spirit to become happier, confident & academically
DIRECTORY LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org By appointment only
• Colour BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO A ROOM, shift the energies of your space, add a chakra colour as an accent wall, decorative designs or family trees can also add character and uniqueness to your home. Let Colour Guru bring new life, colour and uniqueness to your living space for 2018 and beyond. Colour Consulting available. Room clearing and smudging also available. Find us on Facebook Colour Guru! Happy New Year!! 613-797-1096
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and
stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe, supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org CECILIA TAIANA Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional
and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
PAMELA HOLM, Registered Psychotherapist, Cert. Music Therapist. Expressive and receptive methods of healing. Spiritually oriented. Children through seniors. Range of issues and conditions. www.DeepSoulSinging.com and Deep Soul Energetics. 613-829-1556. email@example.com
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Crystals CRYSTAL SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS | 2-Yr Training in Crystal-Shamanic Healing: evolved training in the ancient arts | Karen Osborne | email@example.com | 613470-1888 | www.ascensionhealing.ca
DIRECTORY • Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace,
happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987 ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-5651919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Care NURSING FOOT CARE - IN HOME OR IN CLINIC. Sterilized individually packaged tools, best practices in clinical assessment, infection control, privacy and technologies. Pampered Mani/Pedi, advanced & diabetic Most insurance up to 80% & Veterans 100% SoftSoles.ca 613-621-0012 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healer INTUITIVE HEALING SPECIALIST NOW IN OTTAWA Physical, Mental, Psychological, Emotional, Past lives, Body, Mind, Spirit, Soul cleanse, Fears, Pain management. firstname.lastname@example.org 613 821 4809
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism THE BEST OF NATURE’S CERTIFIED HERBALIST, Miranda V Martel. Herbal Services: Herbal Spa treatments, Consultations for Balancing Health, Workshops, Walks and Remedies www. thebestofnature.ca Call: 705-561-5365 E-mail: email@example.com
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
DIRECTORY • Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com MARIETTE is a certified, clinical master hypnotist with NGH trained by Sheila Granger. www.yourinnerself.ca
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com
JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within. ca
THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. firstname.lastname@example.org (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: email@example.com
DIRECTORY • Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. HERBAL MASSAGE Lætitia Béguin RMT, ND, herbologist. Pain, nervous system, skin disorder. 39 Dalhousie, Aylmer www.herbesspa.ca. (819) 332-4048
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or email@example.com or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Lotus Born Wellness Centre: 1226A Wellington W. WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, email@example.com
DIRECTORY • Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM
& SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 10:00 - 11:30am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail email@example.com and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We
CATHERINE BASTEDO, HOLOGRAPHIC-USUI & KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, RT-CRA, ICRT, JIKIDEN Practitioner. Personalized classes in English or French; Reiki Master/Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Spiritual Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com 819-918-3436. email@example.com MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Master - Circa 1894 Day Spa, Lanark. Use of tubs/saunas included. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com
and Crystal Healing). Tel: 613-697-3105 or email@example.com.
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with firstname.lastname@example.org
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. email@example.com CHARMING RURAL RETREAT COTTAGE NEAR WAKEFIELD. Couples/individuals. Clean, equipped. Year round. Minimum one month. For details text 819-328-3705.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Shamanism CRYSTAL-SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Training in Crystal Shamanic-Healing: evolved training in the ancient Arts | Karen Osborne 613-470-1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 email@example.com www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
HOLY FIRE REIKI treatments and courses with Martha St. Pierre. 613-422-7286; ladymjs50@ hotmail.com; holyfirereikiottawa.ca REIKI IS LIFE FORCE OF ENERGY. It helps for relaxation and stress. The best way to experience is having a full treatment. Call Laura at 613-608-9750.
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-355-1832
KARUNA HOLY FIRE 2 REIKI and USUI HOLY FIRE 2 REIKI IN WESTBORO - Germaine De Peralta (CRA, ICRT) - Workshops and Training. Also offer Depth Energy Healing sessions (Combination of Reiki, Relational Clearing
RUPERT- Occult self help sliding scaletarot i ching and various oracles past lives,divining and shaping the future astrology, GBLTT counselling, homeopathic aphrodisiacs -frigidity and impotence
schizophrenia. email rupert.bear@excite. com
SELF-RENEWAL & SOUL-CARE through belief-triage subtle energy healing system by Diane Oliver, Urban-Elder 613261-1602 email@example.com. www.Dignity101.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Social Media Management NEED HELP MANAGING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA? Get customized graphics and posts for your social accounts. Grow your online presence and appear more professional online! Contact us of find out more, www.etruemedia. com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-794-3264
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks, chimes and other sound healing instruments to create a relaxing experience. Individual sessions and group meditations. Julie 613-254-8469.
Hot Tubs; Cold Tub; NIR, FAR, Finnish Saunas; Oxygen Therapy; iHeart monitoring (measures internal age). Hourly/Daily. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
DIRECTORY • Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. email@example.com 613-820-8850.
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Video Promo GET A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO PROMO so you can speak face-to-face with more people at once and continue to help others on their journey while growing your business. Contact us today to learn more! www.etruemedia.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-794-3264
• Visceral Manipulation
Learn to “UNFOLD THE MYSTERY” with Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones. To receive training in her inspiring Spiritpainting method, register at www.spiritpainting.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, email@example.com, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 JUDY JIBB, Tarot and Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org 613 304 4255
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
• Thai Massage BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
• Personals SEEKING “NEW AGE” FRIENDSHIP Mature woman with physical limitations seek others for get-togethers, chats, walks, shopping, crafts, and so on. Mya 613-721-1551
EVENTS REV. PATRICIA ROSE. Call/Text: 613-2978960. Or visit: www.allseasonsweddings.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com
Discernment Days for Young Adults March 2-3, 2018 A day set aside in quiet to work deliberately on our listening hearts through the wisdom of spiritual guides such as St. Ignatius, Thomas Merton and others. March 2 (7 pm) – March 3 (7 pm) Cost: $100 Facilitators: Young Adult Ministry St. Joseph’s Parish Ottawa https://www.galileecentre.com/discernmentdays-for-young-adults-march-2-3-2018/
QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends,
Setting The Right Tone For Your Children After Separation by Emile Cormier Acc FM.
he conflict that often accompanies separation can be extremely hard on couples and their children. Children are especially vulnerable. While they may or may not be aware of what’s happening they are likely picking up on strong emotions like anger, sadness, depression etc. Family mediation can dramatically lessen negative fallout from separation and divorce. By helping with communication, and giving people the time and space to talk, family mediators can help separating couples come to understand themselves and their situation better. This often leads to better outcomes for parties and their children. When parents separate if they can come up with a plan they can both be comfortable with it can be an incredible gift to their children. It doesn’t mean they need to agree 100% on everything. If they can both support a common plan, carry through with it and be at ease with it then moving forward will likely be better for everyone. Mediation is a good way to come up with such a
plan. These ‘parenting plans’ can deal with issues like decision making for children, financial responsibilities, the time your children spend with each of you and the way you communicate among others. Mediation is a process that is totally voluntary. Parties may opt out at anytime. The parties have control of the outcome. Going to court may well mean that eventually someone else - a judge - will decide for you. Because parties agree to them, mediated agreements are more likely to be followed than court orders imposed by judges. It is important to note that while mediators can help with communication and possibilities they cannot give legal advice. Getting advice from a lawyer helps parties better understand their rights and responsibilities and whether agreements are fair.. When choosing a mediator it’s a good thing to check on the mediator’s training and credentials. An accreditation from the Ontario Association for Family Mediation (OAFM) means that a mediator has extensive training and has successfully completed an internship with an accredited family mediator. Emile Cormier Acc FM (OAFM) is an accredited family mediator who works in Ottawa, Prescott-Russell counties and Perth. He can be reached at yogimediation.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
301 Bank Street, Ottawa 613-567-4444 planetbotanix.com
Detox Heavy Metals
etox heavy metals with a Nutritional Balancing Program, guided by Dr. Larry Wilson, to determine your ideal diet, better living habits, nutritional supplements, and detoxification procedures that are best for you and your body’s biochemistry. Hair Analysis presents the workings of your body so that a complete personalized healing program can begin to restore your body to a former state of health through a multilayered process that includes: Detoxification, Purification, Complete Nutritional Building, and a Healing Lifestyle.
Nutritional Balancing is about determining what is preventing your body from performing as it wishes to, and removing those obstacles one by one. Imbalances can show for a variety of reasons, usually related to diet or exposure to toxic metals. Hair Analysis presents the metals which are in the body. Aluminum, mercury and cadmium are the most commonly seen and are often released during a year or two of a Nutritional Balancing program. It is then fairly common to see a major improvement in all kinds of chronic health problems. Nutritional Balancing gives the body what it needs to release the metals, which is a balanced biochemistry with adequate amounts of bio-available nutrients. Once the body has the proper minerals, it will let go of the heavy metals. In regards to CHELATION THERAPY: Dr Wilson’ s overall recommendations - “ I would definitely avoid chelation therapy. True, it is safer than bypass surgery,
and less costly, but it is not needed, and it is not safe enough. Many people today are told that the more they chelate their heavy metals, the better. This is insane advice, as this article will explain. I wish I could recommend chelation therapy, but I cannot. Everything that can be done with chelation therapy can be done better with a complete nutritional balancing program, so that is what I suggest.” Problems With All Chelation Therapy. These include the following: 1. Random and erratic removal of vital minerals. 2. Unbalancing the body. 3. The toxicity of many chelating agents. 4. Removal of toxic metals is not thorough enough. 5. Chelation does not remove a dozen toxic metals very well. 6. Chelation does not address some deeper causes of illness, and indeed often makes body chemistry more unbalanced. 7. Stopping mental and spiritual development. 8. Chelation removes toxic metals in an unnatural order. In nutritional balancing, all of the toxic metals are removed in the body’s own order. 9. Cost and necessity. 10. Redistributing toxins in more critical organs. 11. No matter what anyone claims, chelation therapy is an allopathic, or drug approach to healing. By this I mean that it does not address underlying imbalances, it is somewhat toxic, it tbalances the body, and it usually reduces the overall vitality of the body. Link for full article on chelation/toxic metals http://drlwilson.com/articles/chelation.htm http://drlwilson.com/articles/TOXIC%20METALS.htm http://drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/REDISTRIBUTION.htm For more info or to send for your Hair Analysis: email email@example.com; www.TheHairAnalyst.com All information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
ROLLANDE THOMPSON Since 1974. Renowned bilingual tarot card reader, palmistry, numerology. Accurate, honest and dependable. My readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and your finances. I respect my work and will give you only my best. Individual consultations at your service. House parties and my own psychic line. Only a phone call away. Formerly on CFRA, CHIP & Rogers TV Telepsychic Show To book an appointment, please call 819-684-6125
The New Energy Work Making Big Shifts
n early December I participated in what was the most transformative energetic healing forum I’ve ever experienced. As a long-time energy healer and intuitive, this work blew me away. Not only did I learn this technique and am now a practitioner but the personal transformation that I went through was mindblowing. This work came to an Ottawa-based medical doctor named John Ryan. It came to him in a series of meditations over several years. He is finally sharing this incredible healing and I feel so lucky to have been drawn to this while it is still on the ground floor. This energetic healing was born of the new energy that this planet ascended into after 2012. Remember the Mayan’s prediction of the ‘end of the world’ in 2012? Well, it wasn’t a prediction of annihilation. It was a prediction of the ‘end of the old energy’ and consequently, the birth of the new energy. Here’s how this transformative energetic healing technique differs so greatly from the rest. Are you sitting? We don’t fix problems in this new energy. In fact, it’s not about problems at all. It is about realigning with the original blueprint of your soul. And that blueprint is uniquely perfect. It sits above any problem or concern or dis-ease that might be present. So instead of focusing on how to fix a problem, it is a realignment to the soul’s perfection. And how does this work, exactly? Well, we all know that we have physical DNA. But through the work of quantum physics, we know that we also have what is called Quantum DNA. Physicist Fred Alan Wolf, refers to the vacuum of space as, “the home of the soul.” What this means is that before we have a physical body or anything in the material world, it first needs to exist in the quantum or etheric world. Or in the vacuum of space. Therefore, we know that physical DNA cannot exist without quantum DNA. It is in this quantum DNA that all information, intuition, and states of higher consciousness come from. So what does this mean in practical terms? It means that there is a solution (in fact, there are infinite numbers of solutions) to any problem that you may have. It means that for every diseased state there is an opposite state of complete health and vibrance. It means that for every persistent desire that you keep coming back to (you know…those things that you fantasize about again and again) that there exists that very thing or things for your experiencing. Put simply…if it aligns with your soul, it is there for the experiencing. And this healing, above all else, is about alignment.
SOUL FOOD PROGRAM:
A 3 Month Program to Radically Shift Your Health & Step Into Your Soul Radiance During the 3 Months You Will Learn & Receive: • A bio-individual diet, meal plan and recipes that allow you to shop and prepare amazing meals that will finally nourish your body and mind • Discover what your cravings mean and how to see them from a diﬀerent perspective so you can heal them • Discover your soul footprint and learn how to move into your inherent Divine Radiance • The opportunity to let go of old, limiting wounds, which will allow you to step into the fullness of your being • Minimum 3 Unity Field Healing (UFH) Sessions. UFH works in a restorative way within the human Quantum DNA field to help recalibrate your human energy system with your original “blueprint” of energy. “Ann is a beautiful channel of Divine wisdom. She helped me to shift so much in my life, my health and my perspective, largely through helping show me where I had already shifted, but was holding myself back from seeing that; helping me to embrace and acknowledge what my heart and soul already knew. Next to your own soul, Ann is the absolute best guide if you are yearning to explore your inner worlds, your deepest truth, your true potential, and the purest love” – Tanya W., Kingston For more information, please contact Ann Jarvis at 613-218-6899 or firstname.lastname@example.org or, visit www.thenourishedsoul.ca
Unity Field Healing directly taps this potential. It brings us into conscious connection with Consciousness itself and its infinite creative potential. It is about the wrapping up of duality (right vs wrong, good vs bad) and stepping into each experience as just that: An experience that is meant to bring us deeper into our soul light. An experience that is meant to wake us up. In other words, when we tap the great creative potential that we all are, we stop seeing ourselves as problems that need fixing. We stop giving our power away to institutions that tell you ‘there is no cure…this is the best we can do for you…this is simply your lot in life…this is as good as it gets.’ That limited energy died when we stepped into the new energy. It is, of course, up to you if you would like to remain there. We’re choiceful beings. But why would you? When you receive the series of Unity Field Healing sessions (there are 3) something miraculous happens. We might not be able to pinpoint what or certainly how, but it happens. I felt it. We all felt it. The time has finally come to step out of the belief that you are a problem that needs fixing and to simply invite and realign with your original soul blueprint and all of its creative potential. I have had some great feedback so far from sessions. Here’s some of the feedback that I’ve received.
Unity Field Healing:
“The Unity Field Healing I received was profound. I was experiencing significant stress at the time that felt as though it was overtaking my body. After the healing, my stress level could not ‘rise’ to the extent it was prior to the healing. I had an internal shift that was necessary for me to calm down and to begin functioning well again. The best part is that, although I have felt some anxiety since, it has never returned to the almost crippling level I was experiencing prior to the healing. I’m so grateful to have received this healing.” Amy S.
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
Good Morning Ann! Would like to thank you again for being a channel of light and healing for me the other day. I have felt “lighter”, more uplifted and not as physically and emotionally fatigued, as I continue to heal from all that transpired in my life over the past 15 months. Have a wonderful day ~ Melanie M. Sessions are now available in person in my office in West Ottawa or by distance. By Ann Jarvis, Holistic Nutritionist & Intuitive Energy Healer www.thenourishedsoul.ca email@example.com (613) 218-6899
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Relationship With Yourself!
(I’ve been going out with myself for a while now and I think it’s going to work out!) Keep the Humour in Healing! An eight week Course Wednesday evenings, March 21 to May 9, 2018, 7:00 to 9:00pm 8 weeks for $100 paid in advance. By Karen Munro-Caple, RMT LAUGHTER, SILLINESS & HEALING The course will include exploring a variety of complimentary healing methods plus looking at the lighter side of the healing. Some of the TOPICS will be: • What modalities of body-work/massage are available? • What is meditation and how can I use it to heal myself? • What is energy work? • Can these healing methods fit with the medical model? • What are some ways to find joy in my life? • How can I tap into my natural creativity? • The two hour evening course will include; - a check-in, - laughter yoga, - demonstrations and discussions of healing methods,
- a break with tea and snacks supplied by me, - exploration of energy, - sharing stories of our own intuitive experiences in a safe, nonjudgmental environment and - possibly some meditation if the group is interested. I am facilitating the course, but I am interested to hear about other people’s experiences. Add to all this, LOTS OF LAUGHING and that will fill up the two hours nicely! My qualifications: RMT & Integral Master Coach™ I have been a Registered Massage Therapist since 2001 and a body worker for 10 years before that. I have seen plenty of ailing bodies over that time and there was not one of them who did not benefit from a good laugh, especially if they were feeling anxious and in pain. www.kmc-rmt.com Before I became a RMT I was in the film animation business for 20 years drawing and directing on animated shows that you may have grown up with like, “Scooby Doo”, “Inspector Gadget”, and “The Raccoons Series with Bert Raccoon and Cyril Sneer”. That background put me in good stead to be silly and see the world in a particularly funny way. I have a regular comic strip called “Adventures From Karen’s Clinic”, cartoons about funny things that happen in massage therapy. www.adventuresfromkarensclinic.com In 2014 I became an Integral Master Coach™ www. karenmunrocaple.com The SCHEDULE is: • 8 weeks, $100.00 per person to be paid at first class. • Wednesday evenings, March 21 to May 9, 2018 • 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm • Tea and light snacks served • Location is in the Meadowlands and Merivale area. Give me a call and book your space at 613-274-7342. Or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org See you there! Karen
exactly are we striving so hard toward through this tense movement? Chances are we don’t even know.) These two states make up a duality, two opposite poles that can’t exist simultaneously: either nonmovement as by Natalie Morisset an escape from striving, OR tense effort in order not to stagnate. But, the lecture Every year, as Christmas says, we have the power to approaches, I start to think replace this duality with the about all the projects I will unitive state of being, which have the opportunity to Open Lecture is a mixture of mobility finish over the holidays. I Discussions 2017-18 and relaxation. This is the tell myself that at last, I’ll be very nature of the cosmic able to check off those items Saint Paul University movement which permeates 233 Main St, follow signs to room on my ‘to-do’ list that I never everything that is. In this seem to have time for amidst state, mobility exists without Feb 21, Mar 21, Apr 18, May 16 the obligations of everyday tension and anxiety; and life – and then I can start 7:00 to 9:00 pm relaxation exists without fresh in the New Year! stagnation. Suggested donation, $15 ~ $5 for members But before I know it, the Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 This subject is discussed holidays are almost over, in Pathwork Lecture 135: All welcome and I haven’t started in on Mobility in relaxation and even one of my to-do’s. In Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org Pathwork Lecture 163: desperation, I push myself to Mind activity and mind get something done so that I receptivity. It is the topic that will be explored at the can check at least one item off my list. So much for my next Pathwork Open Lecture evening on Wednesday, ‘fresh start’… And then I ask myself: what happened? February 21, 2018 at Saint Paul University, 233 Main It’s not as if my holiday season was jam-packed with Street, 7 to 9 pm. Natalie Morisset, an Ottawa area social events; lack of time wasn’t the issue. But with Pathworker, will discuss aspects of these lectures and no externally imposed schedule and no deadlines, facilitate an exercise to help us notice where stagnation what’s happened is that I’ve been playing out my idea and/or tense movement occur in our lives, and thus of ‘relaxation’, which equates to doing very little and begin the process of undoing these distortions so that slowing down more and more. Yet this state hasn’t we can experience the harmonious interplay of mobility felt pleasurable; I’ve felt kind of dragged out, and also and relaxation. guilty. Then I’ve tried to compensate for this with hasty, tense action. Lectures are available for free download from www. In Pathwork Lecture 135, that state of pseudo- pathwork.org. relaxation is described as a “distortion of movement”, Contact Jean Millar for more information: in which we “stagnate because nonmovement seems so firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-829-1254 tempting. It appears to be the effortless state that the soul longs for.” Conversely, movement can seem “so All are welcome. Follow the signs to the room. necessary in order not to stagnate and because guilt Suggested donation: $15 for non-members; $5 for whips you into a striving overtense movement.” (What members.
Mobility in Relaxation
We all like our comfort zones but when they no longer serve us, how do we change without causing Are they really winter “blahs”? an avalanche? Growth comes when you spread your wings and check out new interests – which triggers fear ave you ever stopped to listen to the peaceful of the unknown. The formula to make it safe is to take quiet that comes when snow falls before the snow one baby step at a time. What hobby would you like to blowers start up to break the silence and infuse the air explore? Start small, slowly but surely. with gas? Sometimes what we think we want leads us to what In that peaceful moment, Dignity 101.com we actually are looking there is a profound connection for but if you don’t step Soul Energy Healing & Training with Nature and a shift takes out and check it out, you’ll place within. You wish it "Soul AWAKENING" Mini-Course never know. If checking out would last longer but you Life is a game of Light versus Dark. new interests still leaves remember your “to do” list Learn your Soul's role in it & how to navigate it. you with a nagging feeling and the silence is broken. Private, Semi-Private & Small Groups that something is missing 4 classes, 2.5 hrs each, $150 (tax incl.) We have Mental Health Day – then perhaps there is an Call or e-mail to book in the winter because it seems underlying issue at hand. Diane Oliver, Soul Energy Woman & Teacher like a time when we hear the Some of us do need 613-261-1602 - email@example.com ghosts of winters past more psychological help with loudly. Why might that be? Could it be that due to the snow’s silence, we all of a mental health issues but for those who don’t, simply sudden are able to get in tune with what makes us happy ask yourself this question: are these unsettling feelings and not? We shake with fear at the possibilities change your Soul pulling at your Heart-strings wanting your might bring. We unknowingly realize that we need attention? Center in your heart and ask. If you don’t to normalize growth and learn how to accommodate know where to start, reach out, perhaps I can provide words to the Soul’s silence through spiritual training. change in a peaceful way.
Diane Oliver Soul Energy Medicine Woman Dignity101.com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-261-1602
Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com email@example.com 38
Homeopathy and ADHD
ttention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a chronic neuro-behavioral disorder that arises in childhood and may continue into the teen years and adulthood. Children and adults with ADHD may appear inattentive or distracted, hyperactive, and/or impulsive (act without thinking). Signs and symptoms begin before the age of 4, but usually diagnosed after entering school (low academic performance). Children may be diagnosed with ADHD if they exhibit significant and disabling symptoms at home and at school for at least 6 months. ADHD is treated medically with stimulant medications. Methylphenidate (Ritalin or Concerta) is the most commonly used medication for ADHD. While these medications can at times be effective if carefully monitored, side effects are possible, and most of these drugs should not be given to children under age six. The most common side effects from these medications are trouble sleeping, decrease in appetite, and nervousness. Many parents look to provide their children with non-toxic medicines and prefer to consider other options when they can. Others find that Ritalin is not effective and then look for alternatives. Homeopathy is a safe and effective form of medicine that works with the body’s natural defenses, making it easier for children to integrate back into school life and social activities. Unlike conventional medicine, homeopathy seeks to treat each child as an individual. There is no homeopathic Ritalin. A detailed history is fundamental to the correct choice of remedy. The homeopath will ask about the health of the child and the family, the pregnancy and
Pathwork Open Lecture Discussions
383 Parkdale Ave, Suite 105 Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4R4 613 736 5200 firstname.lastname@example.org www.inlineclinic.ca PRACTITIONERS AND SERVICES: Dr. Karim Guirguis, DC: o Chiropractic, Deep Tissue Laser Therapy, Applied Kinesiology, NAET, Orthotics
Sho Takeda, RMT: o Massage Therapy, Shiatsu Razi G. Farahani, GEST, C.Ht: o Clinical Hypnotherapy, Gestalt and Art Therapy
Maha Mansour, DHOM: o Homeopathy
Pheing Ngo, R.Kin o Kinesiology, Kinesiotherapy CALL NOW TO BOOK AN INITIAL APPOINTMENT!
delivery, early development, vaccinations, life events, schooling, favorite foods, and drinks to tailor the remedy to the child. The aim of homeopathic treatment is to stimulate healing at the deepest level, and to allow a gentle return to health. Ritalin and related drugs act by suppressing the symptoms. One common complaint is that the children lose the good side of their hyperactivity, which we aim to retain with homeopathy. It is as important to nurture the creative spirit, the imagination, and the energy of these children and at the same time to remove the unacceptable behavior patterns.
Saint Paul University, 233 Main St; follow the signs to the room
Suggested donation: $15; members & program participants free Contact Jean: email@example.com 613-829-1254 All welcome Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org 40
Advisor to the depressed and lonely!
Ottawa/Kanata (613) 591-1860
Attention-d childhood and ma inattentive or distr age of 4, but usu with ADHD if they
ADHD is tr commonly used m side effects are p common side effe
Many pare when they can. O effective form of m back into school li
Unlike con homeopathic Rita about the health events, schooling,
The aim of health. Ritalin and lose the good side creative spirit, the behavior patterns.
Soul Sessions by Ashley Parsons & Kerry Lundy
oul Sessions serves up a slow-flow sensual Yoga and Meditation class with the intention of connecting to the Inner Goddess. As facilitators, Kerry Lundy and Ashley Parsons meet you where you are in Mind, Body and Spirit and support you on the journey into your Divine Feminine. Kerry is a certified Yoga instructor and has additionally been trained in Goddess Flow Yoga. Kerry teaches a slow Yoga flow that is gentle and organic, leading you into a deeper place within yourself through mindful, soft, and fluid movement. Slowing down is supported, and safe space is held for deep listening to the body. As you slow down and listen, your Feminine Power begins to Speak. Gently graze the soft curves of your womanly physique if you feel moved to do so. We sit together, after our Yoga practice, taking moments to reflect on the learnings of the Divine Feminine Yoga journey, jotting down in your journal
anything that may have come up in your practice, taking time to integrate, make connections, and just Be. Journalling is a therapeutic process in itself, allowing you to bring what is inside out onto the paper- it sends insights into motion and creates momentum and growth in your life. Also, the act of journalling means you can take your learnings home with you. Tranquil music plays as you transition into a restful savasana (‘corpse’ or relaxation pose). A guided meditation led by Ashley, takes you into the inner sanctum of your Inner Goddess. You journey inwards and meet your Divine Feminine, experience who She is, what She looks like, feels like, see where She lives, ask Her questions, receive Her Answers… You meet You on a deeper Soul level. Ashley is a graduate of the Transformational Arts College in Toronto where she studied Spiritual Psychotherapy. She brings her learnings as offerings for your Journey to Soul Sessions. Kerry and Ashley, through their Soul Sessions, encourage you to Rise, Sister Rise!
The Art of Soul Care – A Pathway Toward Spiritual Transformation, March 6 – April 17, 2018 How the alchemy of art & Spirituality can help lead the way. Series of Six – Tuesdays, March 6th – April 17th (excluding Easter week), 10 am – 4 pm Facilitator: Vivianne LaRiviere Cost: $280 (lunch and art supplies included) 6 days of reflection in meditation, silence, and deep listening, leisurely hours to do expressive artwork relating to your discoveries! Time and space to wander, rest, contemplate and yes, even wonder about your present state of being. https://www.galileecentre.com/ art-of-the-soul-march-6-april-17-2018/
198 Main Street, Ottawa, ON • 613-234-9597 • www.thegreendoor.ca
Be a Health Pioneer!
Become an Ayurvedic Wellness Counsellor! Course Starts Mar. 24 at Holistic Ayurveda Institute & Wellness Centre Are you looking for a new, more rewarding career path? Want to expand your offerings as a holistic healthcare practitioner or yoga instructor? Whether you’re seeking a new vocation or simply wanting to study natural healthcare modalities, the Ayurveda Health Practitioner Course at Holistic Ayurveda Institute & Wellness Centre will help you open exciting new doors to vibrant health and fulfilment. Yoga’s sister science, Ayurveda means “the science of life” in Sanskrit. Both yoga and Ayurveda have been practiced for thousands of years in India, and they’ve recently enjoyed great popularity in the West as well. Ayurvedic practitioners help patients to restore and maintain balance in mind and body through simple, easyto-incorporate recommendations in diet, lifestyle, herbal medicines and treatments. In the Ayurveda Wellness Counsellor course at Holistic Ayurveda Institute, you’ll learn ancient, allnatural principles that will help you to balance clients’ (and your own!) current state of mind/body health—and prevent imbalances before they arise. The course will also equip you with easy ways to incorporate the effective wellness techniques of Ayurveda into your daily life. The AWC course starts right here in Ottawa on March 24 & 25, and it’s conveniently located on weekends in 10 modules to accommodate business professionals.
On completion of this 500-hour program, you will be able to: • Assess clients’ Ayurvedic body-mind type and state of balance/imbalance • Create customized wellness programs with proper use of diet, lifestyle routine, yoga and meditation • Apply protocols for restoring balance and wellness for common health conditions • Diagnose imbalances through taking the pulse and observing the tongue. Certified by the Canadian Ayurveda Medical Association, the AWC course also offers a combined credit towards the 500- hour Yoga Teacher Training certification and credit towards the 1500 Ayurvedic Health Practitioner Course. “Dr. Hemant Gupta is my teacher and mentor and I cannot speak highly enough of his clear teaching skills and the due diligence in understanding the course material he provides - it is outstanding. Consistently joyful while serious about his patients and students, Dr. Gupta's bio is impressive and he is a valued asset to Ottawa” Judy Leutweyler - student The institute is located at 2596 Carling Avenue in Ottawa. To register for the AHP course or receive a free career consultation, please call 613-422-0936, email info@ holisticayurveda.ca, or just drop by! Visit Holistic Ayurveda’s website at www.holisticayurveda.ca
February 1 2018
Learn Ayurveda Ayurveda Wellness Counselor Certificate Program This 500-Hour, 10-module, CAMA approved course offers: - Ayurvedic Diet & Nutrition - Ayurvedic Herbology & Herb Protocols - Tongue & Pulse Diagnosis - Ayurvedic Bodywork - Ayurvedic Detoxification Protocols Course begins March 24 & 25 Register now for lower tuition rates! Regularly $5,500 – Now $4,500 Early-bird price $4,200 until Mar. 7 (Payment plans available)
Dr. Gupta has over 35 years of teaching, clinical and research experience worldwide. He was director for Ayurveda programmes at `The Raj’, Fairfield, Iowa, M.A.H.C. in Lancaster, Massachusetts (premiere Ayurveda and panchakarma centers). Dr Gupta has developed curriculum and taught undergraduate and PhD degree programs of Ayurveda at the College of Maharishi Vedic medicine at university in Fairfield, Iowa.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Gupta for more information. 613-422-0936 www.holisticayurveda.ca
We’ve got that loving feeling Take Charge Tea suggests you share the love and a cup of Rosebud, red clover raspberry leaf with a loved one to warm up your February; and in the spring, meet me at the Carp Farmers Market 8am-1pm May-October. Until then, visit one of our carefully chosen retail outlets listed below! OUR FINE STORES:
451 Ottawa Street, Almonte, ON 613-256-4545 The Old General Store
5 Queen Street, Chrysler, ON 613-987-2810 Foodsmiths
106 Wilson Street West, Perth, ON 613-267-5409 Green Bean Natural Foods Inc. 115 John Street North, Arnprior, ON 613-623-9000 The Granary
107 Bridge Street, Carleton Place, ON 613-257-5986 Herb and Spice Wellington
1310 Wellingon Street. West, Ottawa, ON 613-722-5747 Mother Earth Natural Health
747D Richmond Road, Ottawa, ON 613-321-3557 Modern Thymes Health and Bulk Foods
11 Russell Street East, Smiths Falls, ON 613-283-3612 Planet Botanix
301 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON 613-567-4444
TakeChargeTea.com Take charge of your health
THE TEA LADY Romantic Herbs:
Rose: Roses are the right choice to express love. As a time honoured tradition the scent of rose is uplifting and calming and promoting sensuality with their beauty, their velvety texture and the scent! Roses in tea are exquisite and bring the taste of a herbal blend right to the heart of the matter Oat straw: Oat straw is nourishing and calming for the nerves allowing one to relax and let the amorous feelings flow. As well as increasing circulation and lubrication, oat straw tea is what susun weed calls “one of the world’s premier interest and performance enhancers - A quart a day frees up bound testosterone, sending sexual interest soaring” Chocolate: Who doesn’t revere the rich dark mysterious allure of chocolate? That is no coincidence that the the Mayans used cacao as an integral part of their society. They revered it’s restorative, mood-enhancing curative abilities. It was used in ceremonies, given as gifts and represented an important aspect of Mayan Mythology. The ancient earth goddess “Ixcacao” was a fertility goddess in this matriarchal society. Dark chocolate and cocoa are particularly high in these compounds called flavanols, which are also found in red wine and tea. These flavanols are key to heart health, and their promotion of heart health has really grabbed researchers’ attention. If you eat raw cacao, you are also getting a concentrated source of antioxidants, magnesium, chromium and vitamin C. Due to a chemical present called Theobromine, chocolate consumption causes your brain to release the pleasure chemical dopamine, which could put you in the mood for love.
“Chocolate is a divine, celestial drink, the sweat of the stars, the vital seed, divine nectar, the drink of the gods, panacea and universal medicine.” — Geronimo Piperni, quoted by Antonio Lavedán, Spanish army surgeon,1796 Ginseng: Ginseng is a popular choice for men in particular who are wanting to enhance libido and sexual performance as studies have found “ginsenosides” to directly facilitate penile erection. But did you know that there is also an estrogenic effect of ginseng? Because of ginsengs adaptogenic support of the adrenal gland it can affect certain hormones directly and indirectly for men and for women. Put simply, the users of ginseng report increased energy which is always a good thing for lovers. Damiana: Damiana, a small aromatic bush from Texas and Northern Mexico is used to flavour a liquer, and is found in Mexican teas, desserts and candies. It’s an ancient aphrodisiac that has many modern studies to back up it’s efficacy. For one example, Researches at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, in Italy, studied how Damiana works and found indicators that it reduces sexual impotence and enhances performance. Damiana is a very effective hormone balancer for women and also a dream herb…. increasing dreaminess can be romantic. Cinnamon Cinnamon is warming and sweet by the nature of it’s intense flavour alone! But eating cinnamon does increase temperature, increase circulation, has anti-inflammatory effects and helps to balance blood sugar. Not to mention the Stimulating affect of cinnamon. All of this makes it just the thing to “spice up” your love life.
5th Annual Toronto Spring Psychic Fair & Expo
April 6, 7, 8, 2018
Queen Elizabeth Building, Exhibition Place 180 Princes’ Boulevard
Gifted internationally acclaimed psychic, tarot and palm readers, mediums, clairvoyants, mystics and healers, astrologers, numerologists, aura photos, wellness practitioners, massage therapists, books, crystals, tarot decks, exciting free lectures and psychic demonstrations. It’s all here and much, much more. For the serious. For the curious.
Toronto’s biggest psychic event of 2018 has something for everyone. Don’t miss it. Full details and discount admission coupon at
Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC Honeysuckle The name of this plant itself just makes one think of romance doesn’t it? But how romantic is a plant that blooms and emits an intoxicating aroma after the sun goes down. Right? In fact it’s the scent of honeysuckle alone alleviating mental and physical stress, leaving you feeling mentally calm and tranquil. The medicinal benefits of taking it internally aren’t at all related to romance. Basil Young girls in Italy wore basil sprigs as a sign of availability and Folklore dictates that if a man accepts a basil plant from a woman they will fall in love. While basil is steeped in Lore, and love attracting spells often include it, basil’s leaves actually contain a variety of libido-lifting nutrients. It is considered a good source of Vitamin A. It also provides beta carotene, magnesium, potassium and C. Pesto, anyone?
Certified Financial Planner/Certified Retirement Coach firstname.lastname@example.org 613.440.2734
BUSINESS FOR SALE Your largest supplier of massage tables, chairs and accessories in the Outaouais 71, boul. St-Raymond, Gatineau, Qc J8Y 1S3 www.massosphere.com 819-246-6236 ~ 1-866-246-6236 email@example.com
Loving Herself …Beyond the Mask of Self Deception By: Rhonda J. Brioux
One woman stands up, Stands tall and seeks to see herself, See her face… bare, beyond the mask of self deception, she bravely throws upon the floor. Eyes of blurry beauty glare back from her rare reflection Still she aches for something more. Her inner child is crying and needs to be cradled throughout the night. She soothes her…soothes her with all her heart and soul. She sings to her…sings lullabies…sweet lullabies with all her might. She writes, she paints, she prays, she plays, she bathes in water, sun and moonlight. Time heals… she listens…. she kneels. Then some divine strength stretches out and pulls her up once more. She gazes again in the shimmery mirror, Her hands still shaking in past, her heart still waking in fear. This time she stares, Stares so deep…she sees through the veils of vulnerability and the depths of her feminine sensitivity. The shadows of loss, the memories of her spirit being beaten. All the sadness that she swallowed and the times she seemed hollowed. She cleans, she gardens, she cooks and she trusts the instincts she knows…. Still, she falls to her knees yet, again...this time reaching out for a helping hand… some connection, some light. New friends appear with a believing mirror…… a Powerful mirror that validates who she truly is. She sips tea, she shares, she dances, she dreams, collecting her love, and savouring her sight. Courageous enough to care for herself…to truly fall in love with herself. One woman stands tall, stands tall and comes to heal herself, heal the world She comes to see herself, smiling with compassion, calm…. with peace. Thankful the mask of self deception is gone. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Improve your life through the knowledge of energy • Standardized courses & mentoring • Individual sessions • Meditations LEARN BASIC PRANIC HEALING Ottawa: Feb 3/4 10am - 6pm May 5/6 10am - 6pm Contact: email@example.com 1226A Wellington West Ottawa
CIRCLE OF SUPPORT WORKOUT, YOGA, MEDITATION and MORE! “Improving Wellness for Women and Mothers”
Thursdays, February 1 - 22, 2018 6:30-7:50 PM, Kanata Recreation Complex, 100 Charlie Rogers Place, Kanata, ON
Paintings for Sale
Each weekly 80 minute session will be divided into four parts: 1. 2. 3. 4.
Workout: upbeat music and movements geared to all fitness levels. Reduce stress and feel stronger! Yoga: stretch, strengthen, relax and breathe! Meditation: (dis)engage your mind, enter a state of healing, calmness and peacefulness. Sharing and Circle of Support: discussion and activities geared to create a sense of community and a deeper awareness of one’s self. Find your purpose and feel connected! Sophie Leclair-Roberge -Certified Fitness Instructor, Registered Social Worker Cera Gagnon -Certified Yoga Instructor, Certified Fitness Instructor and Reiki Healer Rhonda J. Brioux -Author, Poet and Meditation Facilitator
Registration fee $20.00 per session. Everyone welcome to join at any time. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget to invite a friend! (feel free to contact us with any questions or info on upcoming workshops)
Download instructional materials at www.spiritpainting.com
L OVE Channelled by Lisa Virtue
hat is love? The connotations and applications are myriad. Yet what is that true essence to which we are referring when using the term “love”? How you feel is more of an indicator. The true nature of love is more accurately the divine resonance of creation. Feeling love indicates alignment with the fabric of reality. The cosmic essence, if you will. If you think about how you would describe feeling in love with someone or something, you might describe feeling in synch, in tune with, or incredibly similar. Your personal resonances match, or fit in a way that feels divine. In truth you are sampling a taste of the frequency that is the true nature of all. Yes, there are chemicals within your system that aid in the love feeling. Perhaps the love you feel fades or shifts into another feeling. These transient moments and mechanisms of sensation are simply means and manners in which you access divine harmony. This connection with the universal frequency can be accessed in many ways and any time. When you see love from the perspective of divine frequency you understand that love is possible in reference to anything that exists. For truly it is your personal connection which is being felt. The stimulous may appear to be external to you but the feeling is you aligning with Source, which is love frequency. Enjoy the feeling of love. Dismantle your containers to which you restrict love’s presence. Let love be felt within you in previously unexpected ways. Allow yourself to be inspired to your divine resonance through anything that you encounter. Choose the perspective of alignment with divine frequency and see how things change for you. With great Divine Alignment, Your Universal Helpers
Your Divine Presence Channelled by Lisa Virtue
ivine light shines through you, do you realize this? Your particular emanation is chosen specifically. Do not hesitate to think that you are part of “God’s plan.” How can you be separate from it when you are part of that called “Divine”? There is no other energy source present, no other consciousness playing a part. So as the Divine you must have purpose, reason for being as you currently are and have ever been and yet will be. Can you hold in your thoughts for but a moment the idea, the concept, that you are already perfect? There is nothing wrong with you. How strange does this feel? Could it be possible to release all the pre-judgements, accusations and blame? What would you feel like if those were not a part of your repertoire? How could you perceive yourself newly? What might happen if the limits you accepted in your life and experiences no longer existed? How could you more fully see who you truly are? How might your consciousness flow through this new shape of “container” or lack thereof? What would you tell yourself about life’s possibilities? You may find your subconscious mind takes some interesting turns, leading you into unexplored areas. Give these ideas a try. Take some time to contemplate, or to meditate on what they could mean for you. What do you feel as you explore these concepts? Are you finding an ability to truly receive the insights, or is denial and justification more prominent at this time? Plant the seeds Dear Ones and allow the ideas to bloom for you, in your own way. You are loved completely, The Divine Within Lisa Virtue is a channel and healer. Visit with her online, remotely, in person, or on the phone. Her practice is in aiding you to experience more of your own divine alignment. 613-296-4271 Lisa@LisaVirtue.com Facebook.com/LisaVirtue01 Instagram:LisaVirtueYoga
• Accounting • Bookkeeping • Taxation • Strategies • Coaching • Payroll • HST • WSIB Expert in Cloud Accounting, QuickBooks, XERO, Sage50, MYOB, Wave, Freshbooks, Excel and shoebox.
613 266 7013
February 2018 Tone mailing address: 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
TACT2 - The second Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy Since the first report on chelation therapy in 1956, chelation has been a popular alternative treatment for cardiovascular disease. To assess the efficacy of chelation, an international clinical trial was funded in 2002. When the Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy (TACT) results were finally published in 2013, they revealed two important findings: that chelation works, and that it is a historic gamechanger for diabetes. A second trial has been designed to confirm the benefit of this important treatment and better understand how it works. If you are a diabetic, over 50 and have suffered a heart attack, you may be eligible for TACT2.
the body. This is supported by evidence that links these metals to heart disease, and might explain its greater effect in diabetes. Lead & Cadmium Most people over 50 are exposed to toxic amounts of lead every day, and their bones are the source. An entire life’s lead exposure is stored in the bones, and in the time before it was banned, virtually everyone was exposed to lead in gasoline and paint. Some people are still exposed to lead in water pipes, bullets, soldering or toys. Whatever the source, lead
What is Chelation? The word chelation comes from ‘chele’, which is Greek for ‘claw’. A molecule that can form strong double bonds with metals is called a chelator. The molecule used in chelation therapy for heart disease is called disodium ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, or is stored in bones, which releases into the disodium EDTA. It is thought to work by binding bloodstream again and again as your bones and eliminating harmful lead and cadmium remodel over time. from the body. The harm that is done by this lead has been These two metals are both on the top ten list of demonstrated in many studies. Several hazardous substances ranked by the Agency studies have linked higher blood lead levels for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Like to increased risk of cardiovascular mortality mercury, arsenic and other metals that have and all-cause mortality. In the Normative no role in the body, they are called xenobiotic Aging Study, those with higher bone lead metals. While it is not yet clear exactly how levels were at an 8.37 times increased risk of EDTA chelation works, current thinking is that cardiovascular mortality. This study is important the benefit seen in TACT is related to its ability because it measured bone lead levels, which to bind and eliminate xenobiotic metals from
is considered a more accurate measure of lower risk of death from any cause (HR: 0.57 total body burden than blood lead, which only [95% CI: 0.36 to 0.88], p=0.011), and a 52% reflects recent exposure. lower risk of another heart attack (HR: 0.48 [95% CI: 0.26 to 0.88], p=0.015). There are several ways in which lead might lead to heart disease. Lead increases blood What is more intriguing about these results is pressure in animal models, and in vitro studies that the benefit of treatment continued long show that it blocks the production of nitric after the last infusion. The treatment group oxide, a molecule that relaxes arteries, by had their last infusion about 14 months after inhibiting and enzyme called endothelial nitric enrolment, but their risk continued to decline oxide synthetase (eNOS). Lead also promotes over the entire 5-year period. This not seen in oxidative stress and inflammation. any other current treatment for diabetes. It also supports the hypothesis that removing metals The story of cadmium is similar to that of lead. improves vascular health. Cadmium is another highly toxic metal that can harm arteries. Cigarette smoke is the most The goal of TACT2 is to replicate these findings. significant source, but everyone is exposed to 1200 patients will be enrolled to receive 40 some cadmium. That is because plants, fruits weekly infusions and take oral capsules daily. and grains absorb it from the soil, so there Just like TACT, this trial has a 2x2 design, which are traces in most of our food. It can damage means that the infusions will either contain the arteries just like lead can, and it has also active TACT infusion or a placebo, and the been linked to heart disease. At least some capsules will contain vitamins and minerals of the benefit seen in TACT is likely related to or placebo. Each infusion takes about three removing cadmium from the body. hours. Many toxic compounds that damage arteries in diabetes cannot be made without metals. This includes advanced glycation end-products (AGEs), advanced lipoxygenation endproducts (ALEs) and protein oxidation products. This may explain the increased benefit seen in TACT in those with diabetes. It is proposed that EDTA infusions promote cardiovascular health by removing harmful metals that can cause heart disease from the body. This has led some to suggest that these xenobiotic metals are a new modifiable cardiac risk factor. TACT and TACT2 The potential benefit of chelation in diabetes is significant. In the original TACT trial, 1708 patients were given 55,222 infusions and monitored for an average of 55 months. Of these, 608 (37%) had diabetes, and among these patients, the chelation group had a 43% 50
The goal is to see whether diabetic patients receiving chelation therapy have fewer heart attacks, strokes or deaths than those receiving placebo, and whether there are any differences in quality of life.
Information Session Please join us for a free information session on diabetes, heart disease, and the TACT2 trial: Speaker:
Dr. Richard Nahas, MD
Tuesday February 13, 2018
7:00 â€“ 8:30 pm
Ben Franklin Place 101 Centrepointe Drive Nepean, Ontario, K2G 5K7
Call 613-727-7246, or email trials@ seekerscentre.com for more information and to RSVP for this event.
February 2018 issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa. One of Canada's longest running health and wellness magazine.