February 2016, Vol. 31, #6 Priceless
M a ga z in e
A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 30 years
Messages from Above Bonnie Thompson Psychic Medium
Ottawa VegFest is coming soon in June! www.vegfest.ca/
MV Natural Healing Iridology Testimonials At Natural Healing we offer holistic care, Iridology, Nutrition, Herbal, Counselling, Reflexology and other alternative treatments.
I went to a health fair and saw “free iris analysis” at her booth and I was curious about iridology. She used a magnifying glass and she told me that I have an issue of sigmoid, and I told her that I recently had a diagnosis of sigmoid. I’m amazed she discovered that. She recommended healthy foods to eat. Ellen
I had an accident 20 years ago in my right foot and tried reflexology because I felt my feet weren’t touching the ground. After one month of treatment, I felt my feet touching the ground and I was happy. Lise
Member of RRCO organization in Canada Reflexology Registration Council of Ontario
Iridology Assessment Whole body iris analysis Follow-up appointments
$30 $105 $30
Reflexology treatment 30 minutes 40 minutes
A significant breakthrough in hands-on healing Quantum Touch healing sessions and Quantum Touch certification workshops Reflexology and Iridology… Mini Tarot and Angel readings Essential Oils, weight loss techniques, Chakra clearing, crystals, meditations and more.
Covered by extended health insurance plan EHIP
For more information or to schedule a reflexology and/or iridology session, please call 613-677-4043 • firstname.lastname@example.org www.mvnaturalhealing.ca
23 Rideau Heights Drive, Ottawa Call us at 613-226-1129
Bonnie Thompson • www.bonniethompson.co
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. February 2016 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 8,000.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Office Manager - Julie Tierney 613-979-0664 Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
BONNIE THOMPSON Psychic, Medium and Spiritual Communicator
onnie is committed to delivering messages from spirit and loved ones and to providing insights and guidance to those seeking answers and clarity in their lives. She is a gifted, fourth generation Psychic, Medium and Spiritual Communicator who, from the age of a young child became aware of her gifts. Entering into her teen years, she started experiencing frequent visitations from deceased loved ones asking for her assistance in relaying messages to those around her. From that point on, Bonnie made the commitment to deliver messages from spirit and loved ones. On numerous occasions, she foresees world events and personal events; she has been shown where missing people were going to be found. Bonnie is regularly featured on television and radio, participates often in fundraisers and corporate events, and is passionate about guiding and counselling you in your daily life, connecting you to your loved ones who have passed, and helping you to gain insight and direction in your life, so that you find peace and comfort.
Skype/Phone Readings Phone and Skype Readings are to be arranged by email. Payments are visa, mastercard, or e-transfer. Corporate Events and Fundraisers Bookings for Corporate Events or Charity Fundraisers. House Parties Bonnie will come to your home and deliver readings for your guests. Are you looking for guidance about your past, present, future or a specific situation or issue? If so contact Bonnie. She offers Clairvoyant Sessions, Psychic Readings, Mediumship and Energy Healings in person or over the phone or skype.
Psychic Readings For clients wanting guidance in their lives regarding; career, money, relationships and whatâ€™s coming up in their future, as well as guiding them on their life purpose. 30mins/$60 or 1hour/$100 Mediumship Readings Messages to you from loved ones who have passed on. And to give you the closure and healing that is needed. 30mins/$60 or 1 hour/$100 Reiki Energy Healings With Bonnies abundant gifts of intuitive guidance, reiki healing and psychic abilities she will provide healing and message for this 1 hour session. $85/1hour.
(613)-295-0770 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~ www.bonniethompson.co
sometimes pierced. Sacred Space requires that a “safe container” be established wherein the people involved feel secure and protected from spurious interventions. Ground rules need to be followed to ensure this. One of the most well-known techniques for learning how to listen well is the ALT, or Active Listening ost people report that they are hardly ever really Technique. ALT is based on the idea that we must not listened to very deeply or for very long. Partners separate the sender from the receiver. In this “inter-subjective” in Healing (clients) who come to technique there is no division. There my counselling practice often tell s s are two subjects fusing as one entity. me that nobody has ever listened llnes we In most successful listening methods to them their whole life. Listening smokin it is generally recognized that the well is an art form. When we are frui kinesiologists are probably correct young, there is very little emphasis when they hypothesize that 7% of put on learning how to physically, xie ty human communication is through emotionally and spiritually listen. self -esteem the actual words we use, 38% is There are very few human models t through the way in which we express of listening well from which young h weig those words, and 55% is non-verbal, people can learn. Listening is not subtle and operates at the subliminal COUNSELLING, COACHING just limited to hearing with our ears. Emotional listening is when we are & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE level. “tuning in” to the energies and the Another technique is “Cortical Richard M. Haney frequencies of the other person. Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist Field Re-Education”, CFR, which is Some scientists believe that we can training our Psyche to listen to the (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 “total message” of what is going on. only really “hone in” on another Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. when our pineal gland in the middle When our cortical field is aligned www.ottawahypnosis.com of our brain is in harmonic resonance with our authentic Self, we are then www.ottawacounselling.com with the pineal gland of the other able to “listen well”. Our director person. becomes our own Psyche, not Sacred Space is born when two people or more are in someone else. sympathetic attunement with each other. Sacred Space can also be created by forming a spiritual cocoon around This article was written by: a person when one is imbedded in their environment. Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., (Counselling and The projections of “inside” and “outside” melt away Ph.D. leaving the individual in a state of ecstasy. Sacred Space Mediation). Richard has can be created, sustained, nurtured and, unfortunately, been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard Your name at birth is not an accident. please call (613) 234-5678 or A name is much more than a label. send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Listening Well is an Eloquent Sign of Caring
It can mean the difference between success and failure.
Find out the true meaning behind your birth name and your date of birth through having a complete and unique Pythagorean Numerology chart done, which will give you approximately ninety to a hundred pages all typed, giving you a full personal description, plus a comprehensive direction and guidance on your whole life. Henriette M. Alig, Master Numerologist For a quote please call: (613) 805-5243 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Life Regression Through Hypnosis
Take a Journey and Heal at a Soul Level Book a Session 613.864.4724 www.MonicaDumont.com Email: Contact@MonicaDumont.com
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES
HEALTH CANADA APPROVED
Traditional Herbal Medicine
a non-profit public charitable and educational organization
Immune System Support * Proprietary Herbal Formula Gluten Free cGMP Compliance Trusted Worldwide Since 1922 Made only in Canada Exported Worldwide
Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
Peterborough February 20-21 Ottawa (Almonte) March 5-6 Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
NPN 80012920 NPN 80012914
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at email@example.com, 905 430-4953 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
Doctors Recommend Available at: Health Stores & Pharmacies
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEITS! ESSIAC® Canada International P.O. Box 23155, Ottawa, Ont., Canada K2A 4E2 Tel. : (613) 729-9111 · Fax : (613) 729-9555 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org * FULL TEXT COPYRIGHT © 2013, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
AUTHORIZED USER OF ESSIAC TRADEMARK
RES-6488 Tone 1/2 Page Vertical no bleed Essiac.indd 1
1/2 TONE MAGAZINE AD
Docket: RES- 6988
2013-07-16 12:15 PM
Tips for Filling Your Life with Things You Love
f you’re like many people, the stuff that surrounds you is just that…stuff. You have accumulated material items and many of them could disappear and you may never even notice that they’re gone. Shopping and accumulating things often starts off innocently and eventually it can become a bit of a habit. Living a balanced life often means getting rid of the clutter and making sure that the items you have in your life are meaningful, valuable, and have a purpose. Let’s take a look at a few tips to help you make sure that you fill your life with things that you love. 1. Wait before buying. Whenever you have an impulse to buy something, stop yourself. Get in the habit of waiting 24 to 48 hours before you buy it – longer for more expensive purchases. During that time, assess the pros and cons of buying the item. 2. Do you want it or need it? We often buy things that we want but don’t really need. If you look around your home, chances are you can identify at least five things right now that you don’t need. Before making any purchase, make sure that it is something that you truly need. 3. Don’t buy it if you don’t love it. It’s a good rule of thumb. Before you buy anything, you must absolutely love it. Spend your hard-earned money on items that bring you joy rather than items that you think are okay or that you might use. 4. Do you already have it? It’s said that Imelda Marcos had more than 3000 pairs of shoes. Now shoes are something that you do need. However, you probably don’t need ten pairs of beige pumps or three black loafers. Before you bring anything into your home, ask yourself if you already have it or something close to it. 5. Does it have meaning? Many people get into the habit of buying relatively disposable goods. They are easily forgotten and readily replaced. As you shop for things that you need, consider making sure that the item is something that has meaning to you and brings value to your life. 6. Appreciate what you have. Take a look at the possessions you have around your home. Do you have memories associated with them? What value do they bring to you? For example, you might take a look at your worn kitchen table, a hand-me-down from your parents who bought it in the 80s. You may dislike the design of the table. But the table has been the center for countless family meals and wonderful memories. Focusing on that can shift your mindset and help you live well with what you have. Be conscious of each and every item that you bring into your home and into your life. You’ll find that the
more thought you put into your actions, the less stuff you accumulate, and the items that you have in your home are those that you truly love. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
HEALING OTTAWA REIKI Usui Reiki, Integrative Energy Therapy, Chakra Balancing, Beginner Meditation & more. Call 613-204-9092 or visit our website at: www.healingottawareiki.com
A Tool for Expansion of Consciousness
acred geometry involves sacred universal patterns, most often seen in sacred architecture and sacred art. It is the study of shape and form, wave and vibration, and moving beyond 3D reality and the language of creation, which exists as the foundation of all matter. It is a vehicle of Spirit and has been called the “blueprint for all creation”. By connecting with sacred geometries, we contemplate the Great Mysteries, and the Great Design. When we recognize geometric archetypes and their relationship to the underlying structure of the universe, we see clearly that there is no separation. Sacred geometry has the ability to balance the human energy field and contains a complex informational system that can be used to access healing and growth in many dimensions.
The effects of this language are obvious when we journey to sacred sites. If you have visited a pyramid or a medicine wheel, walked a labyrinth, participated in a spiral dance or constructed a mandala, you have felt the effects. The Hathors, who are an ascended intergalactic civilization, and who once assisted humanity in Egypt and other ancient cultures, have channeled information about sacred geometry through Tom Kenyon. According to the Hathors, there are three distinct geometries that we can work with right now, which have the potential to profoundly affect our consciousness. They can open the doors of perception so that we can directly sense or experience our multidimensionality. This experience could improve our overall brain function and quality and level of our intelligence, increase creativity and help us see new ways of perceiving situations. We could also have an increased sense of emotional wellness. This information, and more, can be found in a book that we carry at Green Spirit, called “The Hathor Material”, by Tom Kenyon and Judy Sion. If you are interested in this subject, we also carry some wonderful sacred geometry oracle card decks, platonic solids crystal sets, crystal spheres, pyramids and spirals. And much, much more…. J Why not come and visit our shop – it just might be the perfect stop on your spiritual journey!
International Vegetarian Gourmet Coffee House Power Juice Bar BREAKFAST & BRUNCH SPECIALS CATERING
47 Clarence St. ❦ 562-2434
For more information call (613) 738-3044
Our New Beginnings Rev. Sherry Harris, Psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher, healer
learned so much about myself last year. One thing I have learned which removes all opportunity for resentment to build--- is---- if it comes up, do not deny it. Work with it, express it, do not stuff it for fear of losing the love of others. If my buttons are pushed, they are my buttons and no one else is responsible for that. When they are pushed I am so grateful to have a partner I can share my surprising reactions with knowing he knows it is my stuff and not his or his fault. If I have buttons, I can only be grateful if they are pushed. I can’t heal what I am not aware of.. One of the biggest things I learned last year is to not let anything fester. Let it out, express it is a loving and respectful way and do the digging work to find out where it comes from. Once I find the core belief I can heal it. If I do not get to the core, the same issue will be presented to me in many, many different ways. Our divine healer within never tires of bringing us issues to heal allowing us to release the emotional blockages and limiting thoughts that keep us from being all we can be. When we take time to quiet our busy, busy minds, to meditate, or to be still in another way we will be shown what we need to work on. Spirit is always lovingly guiding us to remember that we are Love and to show us the steps to find our way back home to that Love within us. What I want to learn this upcoming year is how to stay connected to my inner Self at all times, always being aware of my divine guidance within ---instead of sometimes operating from my ego self, who wants to be in control, who wants things her way and sometimes actually acts as if she knows best. What a joke. I desire to always be at peace with what shows up, not judging it, resenting it or pushing it away, no matter how uncomfortable it may be. I truly believe divine intelligence sends me what I need to thrive and by that, I mean, to grow in consciousness and to be open to the awareness of my true nature Love. I aspire to grateful in every moment for the magnificent gift of life and to remember who I truly am, God expressing, whether I am stuck in traffic jam or when having financial challenges or health challenges or I have just stubbed my toe, it is all meaningful and all for my highest growth and development. If I surrender and relax with trust into it, Divine Guidance will show the way for the most optimal healing. Or, I can resist it, try to manage it from the ego and make the healing more prolonged, painful and difficult. I wish for myself and all of us the gift of truly trusting Divine Wisdom so that worrying no longer happens. If I really trust everything is unfolding
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant email@example.com www. sherryharriscounselling.com 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available for my and everyone else’s highest good and growth potential---what is there to worry about. My greatest wish for myself and all of us this year is to really live the Oneness we all talk about. To me it would unfold like this: I would judge nothing as good, bad, right or wrong as I remember that it is all God expressing. I would know that saint and sinner, healer and criminal are all aspects of the same Source, God expressing in infinite ways. Each expression of God, every individual, all the beings on our planet are all in the perfect place for the next step carrying them closer to remembering who they are: Divine Love. I would remember that everything, every situation, every person that shows up in my life is there as a teacher and guide and that together we are all striving to be home in the essence of our being-- love and compassion.. Knowing that all is One and all is really me, I would stop complaining, stop saying things like “Isn’t it awful” which reflect victimhood and just start accepting everything as the divine teaching it is. I would realize the politician I don’t like is me, and the people I view as dangerous and extreme are me and the beautiful, kind , loving and caring people I admire so much are also me. I would remember the only way to raise consciousness in this world of ours is to Love it All. If we want separatism and inequality to stop it must start with us loving ourselves unconditionally and sharing that with all life. Stop judging anything and keep loving everything. Moving ahead in the new year I want us all to create what we want, visioning health and balance for ourselves and all life. I wish for us to not accept or put any negative energy toward what we don’t want for ourselves, humanity or the planet. I wish for us to live seeing only good coming for all of us, all life and to live seeing the New Earth, the 5th dimensional Earth, manifesting in harmony, love and unity. If we all work on this together we will manifest it more quickly. This
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
FOR MAT I O N/ T R A I NING Maîtrise du Système Énergétique MD
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N. Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 firstname.lastname@example.org
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
“The Holy Spirit guides me” Let’s talk. I listen.
works when each one of us holds the vision of what life on the New Earth will look like. Everything I had read has told me the veils are thinning which makes it that much easier to harness the tremendous light and power available to us for creation. 2016 will be a more light charged year than 2012-2015. We have all the tools we need to move all of us on this 3 rd dimensional planet into her new home in the 5th dimension. The New Earth is there awaiting us. Rev. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, coach, counsellor, teacher, healer 613-236-8852 ~ email@example.com
Living Spiritually L iving a spiritual life holds different meaning to all of us. To many, it is living with spiritual conviction that we are all one in GOD, that Love is the only reality and that everything else is created by thought, which in turn creates emotion, and in turn separates us from each other & the Oneness. For others, it can be as simple as going to church every Sunday and trying to be a nice person. It’s easy to live in the faith that goodness and innocence exists and that the Universe works for good when everything in life is good, in place, and flowing. It is quite a different story when the challenges & difficulties of life pervade. Despite the difficulties of life that surround us all in the world and follow us along life’s journey, choosing a shift in perception from fear, anger, blame, guilt and fault to a place of acceptance, forgiveness, innocence, and unconditional Love, determines how we experience life. Choosing to live a spiritual life is choosing to ‘un-learn’ from the material-centered world and move towards the heart-centered view, attuning to the spirit and the richer deeper dimensions of the human experience. It includes being able to see the innocence within another person (as in ourselves) and understanding that everyone acts or reacts from “where they are” along their own life or spiritual journey. When we can shift our perception from what has been done ‘to us’, to what has been done ‘for us’, we are able to view every challenge in our life as great blessings. How do we achieve this Miracle, this Shift? First, we Acknowledge what has occurred in our lives and how it has affected our growth. Next, we Accept it as part of who we are, embrace it, and send it Love. Forgiveness of those who may have inflicted pain upon us comes next. That is, forgiveness of the divine soul who is deserving of Unconditional Love just like oneself, not necessarily forgiveness of the action or deed, and finally, thanking GOD/ the Universe for the blessings and lessons that come with these our greatest challenges. Once we can move from a place of ‘victim’ and anger to the higher vibration of Love, miracles begin to happen. A dominoeffect occurs. Fear is released, blame and guilt are replaced with acceptance and truth, life begins to work in harmony and we are able to ‘BE’ wholly present, ready for new opportunities for even greater learning to present themselves. This shift to a higher vibrational reality attracts more Joy into our lives and in turn, affects those around us.
Applying our minds to learning about ourselves and others through prayer and meditation helps us to disconnect from the chatter, noise and conditioning of the world, moving us inward to a place of non judgement, acceptance, understanding and forgiveness, to a place of Grace. We begin to see the world for its blessings, its innocence and for what has been done right. We see the magic. After all, how we chose to perceive, think, feel act and re-act becomes our own reality, no one else’s.
To quote the wise words of Mahatma Gandhi - Be the change you want to see in the world…be the Miracle. Come and enjoy a non-denominational Spiritual Sunday service at the Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre, where a meditation, spiritual Healing and inspirational discourse can help you to connect with the Oneness within. Submitted by Barbara Simpson - Director and Secretary/Treasurer, OSPC
• emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
Do you feel that you have the permission to be beautiful? In a world of great demands and speed, it is easy to forget about the basics of life. To connect with life itself, to slow down and give ourselves permission to be beautiful, inside out, in the simplest purest way. It is essential to reconnect with a basic simplicity of life, a peacefulness that allows us to accept ourselves as we are, a gentleness that is healing, a trust in the goodness inside us. It is good for us, it is good for everyone else and for the entire world. We all have a story to tell, it is our path, leading to our own evolution. Travelling along, we meet individuals of all types, some of which closed their hearts, maybe out of fear, or who simply didn’t receive help and guidance in their lives, people who choose to bully, intimidate or follow an unethical pathway. I feel a great deal of compassion towards them, and I do understand that they will have to learn, in their own way, that only love wins. “Love is the only thing that truly matters! Nothing else!” Dr. Brian Weiss Studying regression therapy with Dr. Brian Weiss, he repeatedly said that in all the many years of meeting people, helping them to heal, he is left with one conclusion: love is all what matters. I understand and see that we do carry our past. It is important to acknowledge our history, to look at it clearly for it to heal, and for the weight of it to be released. Very often I hear clients who weren’t protected by basic laws of the universe, such as being provided with a safe environment as a child, to be protected, held and guided. Laws were broken, and that generated pain and confusion. It is, however, possible to heal the past, release its impact on our present life and give ourselves permission to be beautiful, inside out. To accept and love ourselves and learn to offer a kind and compassionate presence for others, for the planet needs us.
Hypnosis is extremely efficient in allowing us to reconnect with our deeper, truer self. Hypnosis is based on a co-operation between myself and my clients, my role is to guide you and make suggestions. Once we agree we can empower them. The results are truly exceptional. Lynne Cardinal is a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has studied extensively with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been teaching meditation for over 40 years. GIFT CERTIFICATES available www.kaivalya.ca firstname.lastname@example.org In person and Skype sessions are available to clients. Lynne has offered Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors for over 30 years. * Insurance receipts are available.
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
(613) 731-4901 11
Friends of Jung Ottawa
he Friends of Jung Ottawa is a small informal group whose objectives are to hear and discuss the ideas of the Swiss psychologist, Dr. Carl Gustav Jung, and others influenced by Jung or who have taken his initial work in new directions in the half century since his death. Our small gatherings may include a live lecture, DVD talks or workshops. DVD talks come from the online Asheville Jung Centre. On breaks during talks, we enjoy small group discussions and snacks. We’re run by volunteers and are open to anyone. We exist to increase our conscious awareness and psychological insights. Dr. Jung (1875-1961), cofounder of analytical psychology, was a one-time fellow psychological traveller and ‘chosen heir’ of Dr. Sigmund Freud. However, Jung deviated from Freudian orthodoxy to follow his own journey. Dreamwork is fundamental to Jungian analytic work, as is Active Imagination which can expand the information of a dream. From Jung’s insights arose the concepts of archetype, introversion/ extraversion, synchronicity, the shadow and the collective unconscious, words now common in our culture. The Myers Briggs Typology Index (MBTI) had its roots in Jungian psychology. For over twenty-five years our forerunner, the C.G. Jung Society of Ottawa, welcomed speakers from far and wide to lecture and lead workshops in Ottawa. We Friends of Jung Ottawa, younger and smaller, are now a more informal group. Some Friends of Jung pursue their individual inner journey with the help of a trained Jungian analyst, of which there are several in Ottawa-Gatineau. Examining one’s dreams helps us understand our unconscious, and is a vehicle for each of us to consult with our own inner wise guide. This is transformative in our own personal growth by helping us understand important psychological truths about ourselves and our inner processes. Recent gatherings with Friends of Jung Ottawa have included: • live talks by local analysts on the Black Madonna, and on Loss and Grief; films on Dream • DVD Interpretation, psychological and spiritual interrelationships, and the Chinese I Ching YOU: are welcome. An open and curious mind will enrich your visit.
We meet on the second Saturday afternoon of each month, at the Centre Richelieu-Vanier, 300 ave des Pères-Blancs, Vanier. It’s accessible and offers bus access and easy parking. For more information: Contact Pat Williams T: 613-408-3987 or E: email@example.com Or visit friendsjungottawa.wordpress.com
Our core sexual energy must integrate with our authentic spiritual power to fully address our daily issues. As an integrative consciousness teacher, relationship coach and counsellor, I have 20 years of training and life experience supporting this emerging paradigm. Access the root of your sexual pleasure and spiritual power through Divine Tantric Touch, Meditation and Ecstatic Embodiment Sessions. I cater to individuals and couples of all ages and backgrounds.
Devi Bliss, Certified Tantric Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org ~ www.divinetantrictouch.com
Apologies and Conflict Resolution: A Proposal
s I write this column at the end of January, I am also preparing a proposal to present a workshop at the World Mediation Summit in Madrid, Spain this coming June. The theme for this year’s summit is The Art of Mediation: Designing Our Destiny. I have had several thoughts about this theme. I like the word “art,” connoting as it does a process that is flexible and creative. In my mind it suggests the opposite of “science,” which brings to mind fixed rules and outcomes. I also like the word “designing,” as it suggests that we have control over our own future and can take deliberate steps to ensure a good outcome to our dispute. But the proposal details go on to recognize the importance of emerging trends in mediation across the globe, including sports mediation, technical mediation (engineering conflicts, etc.), international finance, medical mediation and others. Reading between the lines, I could tell that a proposal that fit into one of these trends would be looked upon favourably. The problem is that I have no specific experience in any of these areas. Then I remembered something a psychiatrist friend had said to me once. All disputes are about hurt feelings. Yes, I thought, this is what I will propose as a workshop for the summit: The Role of Apologies in Conflict Resolution. The idea that strong emotions and feelings play a big part in the resolution of disputes has long been ingrained in family mediation. But in recent years this concept has
55 Burnhamthorpe Crescent Toronto, ON Canada M9A 1G6
• 34 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: email@example.com
613.237.7335 become recognized in other types of disputes. Just last week I read that in England the level of compensation a victim receives for hurt feelings in employment disputes is to be raised by 10%. Deep-rooted emotions on both sides have been identified as the main reason for the seemingly intractable conflicts in Northern Ireland and the Middle East. Apologies continue to be a large part of the settlement packages arising from abuse claims against the Catholic Church. And we need look no further than the current racial conflicts in the U.S. to see the role of strong feelings in these disputes and to recognize that these deep-rooted conflicts will not be resolved without meaningful apologies. So, my proposal to the World Mediation Summit will be an idea that cuts across sports, technical and medical conflicts, and indeed is central to all disputes, whether the disputants realize it or not. At some level, all disputes are about hurt feelings, and meaningful apologies play an important part in their resolution. Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law
Separation Anxiety by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
nxiety is a form of fear, not love. It is mired in ego illusion. The deep illusion is separation from God. If we do not see that we are God we will forever see God as outside of us, and immediately, God is a thing with which we have to develop relationship. Given that this God is often seen as vastly larger than the small “me”, this perspective renders us submissive and powerless: “How do I connect to God? God can control me. How do I possibly control God? Can I trust God? What if God doesn’t approve of me? I’m not safe.” In this perception we are victim. If we hold this perception of our God, we hold this perception of life: it is ever-changing, unpredictable, and uncontrollable. While it is true that everyday life can seem this way, what’s missing is trust of ourselves: that we can handle it. Of course, the small “me” has a small sense of worthiness and it will often deem itself incapable, insufficient, unadaptable, irresponsible, unlovable, unmotivated and negative, to name just a few. Combine lack of self-trust and low self-esteem and we conjure thoughts of bad things and things going wrong that we think we will not be able to get out of. It feels unsafe and the brain and sympathetic nervous system goes into flight-or-fight to keep the body safe and survive. Anxiety is in the “flight” portion of the response, which can manifest in bodily symptoms of a racing heart, shallow breath, trembling and dizziness, and a range of feelings such as discomfort, timidness, confusion, doubt, apprehension, overwhelm, worry, dread, panic and terror. We lose our centre. (The despair and hopelessness of depression can follow suit.)
I specialize in clearing stubborn limiting patterns. We can bring you freedom with Divine healing of your 12-dimensional self and clearing from the root level.
pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
These thoughts and emotions mostly reside in the subconscious, triggered by memories of pain and trauma, both personal and galactic………To read how to address the root of anxiety, please visit www.MelindaUrban. com Intuitively integrating holographic multi-dimensional clearing, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, & vocal healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. In person or by phone 613-253-2888. Copyright 2016 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
32 years teaching math Grades 9-12 (except calculus) Call Jim at 613-824-1181 Flexible Hours
I am again reminded of a client who was dealing with all of his teeth becoming loose and the possibility of Head Injuries, Spinal Misalignments, needing extensive dental surgery. He lived out of town, so he spent a week here with a friend, and I worked and Gum Absesses Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch Therapy each day with him, particularly on his gums. At the Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach, Author of end of the week, his teeth were all fitting closely in the gums, and as a side benefit, he went back to his ball Forthcoming book ‘Life Begins at “70”’ team with a better arm, hitting and throwing the ball, like he did when her was 25 years ’ve recently attended several old, a few years ago. Wellness Fairs here in Ottawa, and Spinal curvatures, gum infections, as I placed my hands upon many sports and accident injuries, and people over a short period of time, I other conditions that seem to be so became once again, really intrigued troublesome are very gently and with how quickly and effectively naturally simply held and simply the body heals itself as we create the correct themselves. I hold the optimum conditions In Ottawa area serving Ontario & space and feel the body make the I’m am working with a client Western Quebec corrections as it needs, in its own who has had a fall on the ice while timing. playing an ice sport, and when
Breakthrough in Energy Healing AILEEN MCKENNA
running into the boards, her skates Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT went out from under her, and as she Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Instructor and Practitioner, certified slid down toward the ice surface, Associate Polarity Practitioner as the first Canadian instructor in her facemask caught on the boards, Certified Aromatherapist June 2004. She has taught classes to and again as she hit the ice, causing 1,000s of students across Canada, a considerable stress impact to both AILEEN’S OASIS in the Caribbean and Scotland and her neck and her cranium. When 613-228-2272 sees 100s of clients annually in her I saw her, several weeks later, she 613-795-3751 private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has firstname.lastname@example.org was in a lot of pain, having trouble been offering energy healing in the www.aileensoasis.com driving, as well as staying at work. Ottawa area for more than 25 years, www.quantumtouch.com She couldn’t concentrate, sleep, nor initially with Polarity therapy and tolerate any kind of frustration. She Cranio-Sacral prior to learning was very short tempered, and knew Quantum-Touch® therapy. You can reach her at 613that I’d worked with her previously, and also that I’ve 228-2272, or by e-mail at email@example.com, at done much work on those who have received head and firstname.lastname@example.org or you can check out neck injuries in the past. her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at Following the first visit, there was a considerable www.wellnessunlimited.ca and the Quantum-Touch improvement, and following a second visit, she was website at www.quantumtouch.com. feeling almost normal, except for some pain recurring the following day. The energy we work with while Aileen is now offering a Mentoring Program in the working with Quantum-Touch therapy goes back into work she presents and offers to the public, as well as the original injury, thus, the client will often experience coaching in her Empathic Wellness work.. the same symptoms, and in this case, the extreme pain following the fall. We will have another session next week, and then we will see if there is any need for more work I remembered a client coming to see me several years Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc. ago, who had some issues in her gums where there was Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue an infection that was causing problems, and following Sunday Service at 1:30 pm several surgical procedures, decided to come to see me. Worship, Healing & Message Service After several visits, she returned to her dentist, and was told that there was an absess, that was draining, and Rev. E. Stoddard that it was almost totally healed, preventing damage & Various Guest Mediums to the bone, and the need for further surgery, as had for Information call 613-521-9711 been considered prior to her visit to me. Simple, and www.iamspirit.org effective, so that no further work was needed.
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple
Tight Belts and Tight Bras Could Lead to Cancer
By Judy Spence, ND(QC), RN Err on the side of caution' is the paradigm to which medical practitioners subscribe. In the case of belts worn too tightly, a small study looked at tissue changes at the line where the esophagus meets the stomach. A tight weight-lifters belt was worn by slim and obese men. They were given large meals and especially in obese men, the demarcation line where cells normally change from esophageal cells to stomach cells rose higher in the esophagus, akin to those with hiatus hernias and stomach acid reflux which are associated with increased adenocarcinoma of the esophagus. Known factors for reflux are increased body mass index and waist circumference. The study showed possible increased risk in wearing belts too tightly. Erring on the side of caution, it is wise not to wear tight girdles and tight elastics in slacks as well. Women should not wear tight bras. «Aluminum from antiperspirants, for example, is one potentially dangerous source of toxins that can accumulate if your lymph drainage is impaired›, Dr. Mercola. Dr. Schacter, “Over 85 percent of the lymph fluid flowing from the breast drains to the armpit lymph nodes”. “Thus, wearing a bra might contribute to the development of breast cancer as a result of cutting off lymphatic drainage, so that toxic chemicals are trapped in the breast” “Constricting bras have also been implicated in the rise of benign (non-
NAET CLINIC of OTTAWA
assure you are the best you can be
We offer: Computerized Testing, NAET, BioSet, TCM Diagnosis, Acupuncture, Auricular Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Lymph Drainage, Hypnosis, Hypno-acupuncture, Detoxification We treat: Allergy (Foods, Pollens, Chemicals), ADD, ADHD, CFS, FM, MCS, Digestive Disorders, Headache, Infertility, Insomnia, Microbials, Pain & Spasm, Toxicity, Addiction, Stress We provide: Computer Reports, Treatment Plans, Specialty Lab Tests, Referrals, Receipts, VISA/MC Judy Spence RN, ND (QC) Ottawa (Highland Park) 536 Dovercourt Ave 613 728-2579
www.naetottawa.com free parking
Gerry Spence R.Ac. Gatineau (Hull) 71 boul St. Raymond 819-661-1061
cancerous) but often painful breast cysts and lumps”, Dr. McDougall. “After repeated bouts of inflammation, the breasts develop scar tissue in many places, and some of the milk ducts become plugged, forming cysts. Fibrocystic breast disease, not surprisingly, is associated with a higher risk of breast cancer.” Another study:”Based on the results of this study, the link between bras and breast cancer is about three times greater than the link between cigarette smoking and cancer”, medical anthropologists Sydney Singer and Soma Grismaijer. Erring on the side of caution: wear properly fitted bras for short periods, if at all. Walmart, Sears and specialty stores carry bras for large women. We mobilize lymph with hands-on lymph drainage, homeopathics, sauna detoxification and acupuncture. NAET Clinic Ottawa 613-728-2579, Outaouais: 819661-1061 www.naetottawa.com
FREE TAROT READING (in exchange for your feedback donations also welcomed)
Email your general situation, first name (and last, ideally) to: email@example.com No rush orders! Entertainment Only but hopefully it helps!
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic
Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops.
Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.Ac, R.TCMP (Acupuncturist and Herbalist) Trained in the art of classical Chinese medicine, Tracey applies her modality to address not only symptoms, but also the root cause of issues so that you can move on to a healthier you! Treatments are customized to your individual patterns. Specialties include pain, women’s health, autoimmune, respiratory, digestive and mental health. Visit www. tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more info. Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot card reader (bilingual)
Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details.
Happy Valentine !!! Joyeuse
Saint-Valentin!!! Come for a Tarot reading, there might be a special message for you. I am available Friday nights from 5 till 9 for Reiki and/or Tarot. Please feel free to contact me at the store or email jureiki@ hotmail.com I welcome walk in clients as well (pending availability).
Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional wounds. www.ottawacounselling.com
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation
Patty Chevalier Samm Patty is a medical intuitive, ThetaHealing Instructor and Reiki Master. While looking at physical issues, limiting beliefs and thoughts, and blocks in the flow of life-force energy, Patty works intuitively with you to create change for the body, mind and spirit. Individual sessions and workshops are available. Visit www. keyahealth.com Christina Hearns Christina is the owner of Namaste My Friends and is a yoga instructor, reiki practitioner, chakra reader, crystal healer and channeller. 3 sessions available between 6 and 9 pm Thursday evenings at Planet Botanix. firstname.lastname@example.org Shanna Lynn R.H.N Registered holistic nutritionist I provide a holistic approach to proper nutrition encourages education on basic nutrition to develop a holistic diet that incorporates natural and organic foods, natural supplements to support most health conditions. I offer care and support in a non-judgement environment and work to bring you back to health Lynns2708@gmail.com
For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
Hypnosis for Fibromyalgia
By Dr Luke Michael Howard www.lukenosis.com ibromyalgia is an illness with common symptoms such as pain, sensitivity to touch, fatigue, joint soreness, and problems sleeping. According to research conducted over the last 30 years, Fibromyalgia is most likely caused by the central nervous system. Symptoms of the disorder can be reduced using prescription drugs, psychological therapy, exercise, and hypnotherapy. Studies conducted showed that among many other forms of treatment, hypnosis therapy has been proven to help relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia and increase quality of life. People diagnosed with fibromyalgia often experience chronic pain that can be very debilitating to their lives and careers. As many as 30% of people with fibromyalgia report having trouble simply doing their work. The illness affects approximately 2% of the population and is more likely to occur in women than men. In 1991 an article appeared in The Journal of Rheumatology. The article talked about a study that had been performed on the effectiveness of hypnotherapy on patients who had not seen results from other forms of treatment of their fibromyalgia. Other forms of treatment that the participants underwent included prescription medication and cognitive behavioural therapy. The study consisted of 40 participants. They were randomly selected to receive either hypnotherapy or physical therapy. They received either form of
therapy for 12 weeks. All participants were assessed by the researchers at a 12 and 24 week follow-up. The participants were given the Hopkins Symptom Checklist to fill out and report their symptoms. The HSCL includes 58 items that patients are able to relate to their symptoms. During both the 12-week and 24week assessments, the participants in the hypnosis group reported a reduction in pain and fatigue and they also reported better sleep. Their assessments at the 12 and 24-week follow-up were compared to the baseline reporting of the HSCL. Before the start of the study, all patients reported feeling discomfort both mentally and physically. At the follow up, those who received hypnotherapy reported a significant decrease in feelings of discomfort. However, those who received physical therapy did not report any significant decrease The researchers in this study concluded that hypnotherapy is a useful tool to help relieve pain and other symptoms associated with fibromyalgia. More research should be conducted to increase the maximum benefits of hypnosis on treating patients with fibromyalgia. Hypnotherapy cannot only help reduce pain and fatigue in fibromyalgia patients, but it can improve their quality of life. Reduced pain and fatigue can allow fibromyalgia patients to lead a more normal life. For more information contact Dr Luke Michael Howard at 613-878-5874 or email email@example.com
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
Rhythm of the Year with Tree Essences
(a monthly series about the vibration of the month and trees)
by Celine Cloutier and Daniel Tigner and guest writer, Margo Royce, Founder and President of Spirit Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
Hushhhhh…Listen to the silence. The wonder of winter is upon us. The crunch of snow beneath one’s feet. The silence as plants and many animals and insects sleep and hibernate, gathering strength before emerging come spring. But not yet… This is the time of conserving strength and gathering dreams. A time of dreams and plans and the boundless anticipation of what will come next. Ahhh, the endless possibilities... Cuddle up in front of a fire, wrapped in a cozy afghan and give way to dreams – your dreams – whatever they may be. May your dreams be unlimited. Let your creativity and ideas flow. As the earth slumbers beneath a thick blanket of white, we too regenerate within a cocoon of silence as big, lazy flakes of snow drift silently around us. The snow providing a deep insulation, a protective blanket, seals the warmth within to keep us safe. A beautiful tree, devoid of its foliage, reaches up to the sky while its roots, deep and strong, rest in the protective earth. It may appear asleep but is truly alive in its graceful, stark beauty against a winter landscape. Ahhh, the beauty of trees, in every season, inspire us with hope. The light of winter is beguiling. From candles playing their dancing flames in a darkened room to moon light on a snow blue field. From stars twinkling in a winter’s night to fluffy snowflakes drifting in the aura of a streetlamp. The jewels of winter are priceless and cost us nothing but for the time to notice: Icicles decorating a roof, Jack Frost decorating a window, crystals of ice on a river’s edge - A perfect snowflake caught on one’s tongue. Ahhh, the beauty of winter is ours to behold! I must admit there is a grumpy old man who lives within my female self who can become very cranky and impatient. Realistically, he points out, winter takes up a lot of time, space and money. Of course, that is true. But Tree Essences can really help lighten our moods during the darker season. The Even Moods Essence may help to
counter the negative and foster balance and patience. It speaks to understanding cycles and moods and celebrating our feminine side. Winter does teach us patience and other important lessons of life. There is a lovely practice that is shared by many cultures at the beginning of a new year. It consists of sweeping out last year’s “dirt” to begin a new year with a fresh and clean slate. So, I learn the lessons of the grumpy old man and then flick him aside to cherish the moment. For positive new beginnings, a complementary aid is the Joyful Living Essence which encourages us to engage fully in life and allows us to shine forth with trust and enthusiasm. Ahhh, the beauty of new beginnings! Winter is a time when our inner child yearns to get out and play: cross-country or downhill skiing, snowshoeing, building forts, skating on the pond or canal, or sliding down hills - ahhh, the joy of just having fun! While the winter wind howls, you may want to fill your home with intoxicating scents of winter until the storm abates, or savor steaming mugs of hot chocolate, bowls of delicious soups and stews, hot buttered rum or fragrant mulled wine. Mmmm, you may even want the storm to last just one more day! So inhale deeply that fresh, cold air with the nip, as though through a straw, exhale slowly any negativity you may be holding and let it go completely. Like no two snowflakes, no two people are identical. So celebrate your own unique, beautiful self. Embrace the wonder and opportunities that are yours to discover. Enjoy this magical season! Next month, we look into the vibration of March and related tree essences! Wishing You Happy Winter Valentines! Celine and Daniel, Canadian Forest Tree Essences tel. 819-319-6162 ~ www.essences.ca
FRUSTRATION Written by Alexis Nicol
was thinking about frustration and the uncomfortable feelings I experience during a bout. Mostly it’s when something isn’t going my way – at least the way I think it should go. Little do I know! This is just another way the Universe forces me to dig a little deeper, to make that connection to my Higher Self. You know; that part of you that is clear, innocent and not influenced by anyone but Truth. When I’m frustrated my mind is blocked, I can’t see, or perhaps not open to seeing that there just might be another way. I’m so determined that I know best. Finally, when I feel that I can’t do it anymore I give in/ up. Only then do I notice that my mind, body and soul subtly relax. It’s amazing that by letting go I instantly allow that inspiration to pop into my mind. Don’t you just love watching the unfolding of the workings of the
Reiki Reflexology Reconnective Healing® ACIM www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925 Universe as It creates the perfect outcome? Isn’t it so cool that some of the most frustrating times turn out to be the best especially when everything turns out so differently and so much better than you could have imagined? Looking back I am able to realize how much I learn and grow with each dilemma. Teachings are constantly being created. I love when I actually recognize them and so grateful that they keep coming. At least then I know there’s still a lot more to see, learn and grow from. These are opportunities to open
SPIRITPAINTING.COM 613-266-8063 Easter Workshops February Exhibition at Green Door Opening Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free Feb life. 4/13 6:00-
Hypnotherapy That Works
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
S G NG TIIN NT AIIN PA TP RIIT PIIR SP
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
w ww ww w..ssppiirriittppaaiinnttiinngg..ccoom m
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
W or k s h op s 661133--226666--88006633
Feb. 27: Basic Workshop Feb. 28: Practitioner Workshop April 8: Advanced Workshop April 9: Instructor Workshop See website for details www.spiritpainting.com
Happy Hearts and Flowers Express yourself sincerely thru your thoughts and actions. Work towards the happiness of others.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Acupuncture By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
The happiness of others can lead to your own happiness. Cultivate a way of expressing yourself that will be a positive, and show appreciation for and towards others. January saw changes within the Ottawa church, Rev. Atsushi was called back to the church in Tokyo, Rev. Mamoru was reassigned to New York City, and Rev. Tiago got his visa to work @ the Los Angeles church, CA.,USA. PL Precept #1: Life is Art. Change is always a constant in life, with every change come new opportunities. We have been collecting the most amazing designer purses, and fun costume jewelry. The Funky Monkey Boutique and the Garage Sale will likely happen on the same day… be ready to mark your calendars. Where else will you find craft items, Diva accessories, toys, books, and attic treasures in one place just waiting to be discovered.
CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY
1010 Hunt Club Rd., Ottawa. • 613-225-1850 Follow my blog, http://dymoonblog.com
our minds, release the idea that we are in control. Frustration has the potential to raise our consciousness and bring us to even greater heights. It becomes easier to recognize when I slip into frustration and such a relief to know that there is an Omniscient Power to take control and bring wonderful outcomes that I know help more than just me. Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
he carpal tunnel is a narrow passageway bound by bones and ligaments located on the inside of your wrist. It protects the main nerve to your hand and the tendons that bend your fingers. When there is pressure placed on the nerve, it produces numbness, tingling, pain and over time, loss of strength in the hand, a condition that is known as carpal tunnel syndrome. Pressure on the nerve can stem from anything that reduces the space for it in the carpal tunnel, such as overusing the hand in work, sports and daily activities particularly through repetitive motions, injury to the area, or other health conditions. In many cases, carpal tunnel symptoms may actually be caused by a nerve compression in the neck rather than by a narrowing of the carpal tunnel. Bad posture, for example, can cause compression of the nerves that run down the arm and eventually pass through the carpal tunnel. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, there are two organs that are commonly involved in many bone and muscle/sinew problems, the kidney and liver. The kidneys produce marrow and control the strength of the bones and the liver controls the state of the sinews (muscle and tendons). When a problem arises in a joint, whether due to injury or overuse, the body is normally able to recover and heal the tissues. However, with injuries, the qienergy and blood get stuck and no longer circulate through the joint properly, causing pain. If the quality of blood is generally poor, the injured site will of course take longer to heal or even fail to heal completely. When injury occurs in the case of overuse of a joint, the kidneys and liver are also involved, because the joint may sustain damage if it isn’t receiving a sufficient quality of nourishment and moistening of qi-energy and blood. With acupuncture we can reinforce the energy of kidneys and liver in order to strengthen the bones, muscles and tendons to allow them to heal properly and prevent future injury.
Rainbow Minerals “Rainbow Minerals offers you quality products at wholesale pricing- no games AND, No high-jacked mark ups”… 3 Generations of Expertise Holistic and Metaphysical products and workshops… Beading tools, minerals, gem stones, stringing materials, crystals and much more.
stablished in 1983; although Ash’s family experience begins in 1959 where her grandfather’s family business began its roots in watch making and jewellery; Rainbow Minerals is owned and operated by
Ashifa (Ash). Rainbow Minerals brings 3 generations of expertise in the Gold/Silversmith industry, Stone and Gem Grading. Ashifa (Ash) Charania MBA A.J.P. (GIA) brings her previous experience as a Director with International Top Models and continues learning with the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). All minerals and gemstones at Rainbow Minerals are hand picked; Ash has a keen eye in the fashion industry and is happy to share and help you succeed in the world of fashion and style with her jewellery. Work with Ash and know that you can buy and sell her high quality products with confidence. She gives you her word. Visit their Website for all workshops and watch for new dates in Feb and March 2016. You can also view product catalogues online. www.rainbowminerals. com AND https://www.facebook.com/pages/ Rainbow-Minerals/110470942375275 Like Rainbow Minerals for special updates
Qi-Matic Research Centre PRESENTS
AN OPEN MIND WORKSHOP An experiential introduction to different healing modalities, and to skilled Masters who practice them.
[*Private consultations will also be available – see below.]
Saturday 2 April, 2016 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Kitchissippi United Church at 630 Island Park Drive (accessed off Island Park at Byng Drive). Three breaks provided (including one for your own lunchtime arrangements). Dress casually. Parking is available. 9:20am - 10:50am: Qi - Matic Qigong Founder and Master James Foo Different Levels of Subconscious Mind and How to Use Them for Healing. You will experience being in them and create healing.
11:10am - 12:40pm: Physician, Author and Founder of Unity Field Healing Dr. John Ryan Consciousness Based Healing, Energy Medicine and Quantum DNA. Tools to support your healing and wellbeing. You will experience Unity Field Healing 2:00pm – 3:30pm: ThetaHealing Instructor and Holistic Healer Patty Chevalier Samm ThetaHealing®:Create the life you have always Wanted .Identify and transform your deep inner beliefs and thoughts. You will experience ThetaHealing and receive a group healing
Attend Rainbow Minerals workshops to include: Crystal Healing 101, Make Jewellery with Metals and Stones, healing with Gemstones, Work with Metal Clay, Gems, pearls and more. BUY CRYSTALS AND STONES BY THE POUND STARTING AT $6.00 Email us at email@example.com www.rainbowminerals.com Call us 613-733-8440; 1-800-469-4697 255 Gladwin Cres. Ottawa, Ontario
3:50pm to 4:50 pm: Questions and Answers with all presenters The fee is $50.00 per person paid before March 28, 2016; $60.00 at the door. To register, contact Angela Fung at firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 762-8893 Send payments to Angela Fung at 49 Rita Avenue, Ottawa Ontario K2G 2G7 * Private consultations with the presenters will also be available at The International Academy of Health Education on Sunday, April 3, 2016. To avail yourself of the benefits of what we’ll enjoy at this workshop, contact Angela Fung at email@example.com or (613) 762-8893 for details.
1230 Wellington, Ottawa, ON 613-729-5973
t’s that time again! Valentine’s Day is coming up and you are perhaps wondering how to do something meaningful for those you love: partners, family and/or friends. I am always grateful for gifts that show a personal touch. Here are some recipes for making some loving gifts. Cinnamon shapes These are great for scenting linens and drawers. The scent will always make them think of you! Ingredients: 1 to 1.5 Cups ground cinnamon 1 Cup unsweetened applesauce 2 Tablespoons white glue Mix these together in a large bowl. You may need to add more cinnamon or more applesauce, depending on how the batch comes together: it should be cookie batter-like so it can be rolled and keep its shape.Roll into a ball, place between two sheets of plastic wrap, roll out with a rolling pin and use cookie cutters to create cinnamon shapes. Dry on
a rack (may take a few days), food dehydrator (highest setting for 6 hrs) or bake them in the oven for about 2.5 hrs at 200 degrees.P.S. Make sure to tell your recipients not to eat them! Love Potion Number 9 You can add any number of different essential oils to create a love blend, bearing in mind that scent is a very personal thing. Essential oils with the reputation of being aphrodisiacs are ylang ylang, jasmine, rose and sandalwood (all fairly expensive, but using a diluted version is fine as long as it is an essential oil, not fragrance). Oils that can calm and destress include lavender, geranium and chamomile. Uplifting or euphoric-type oils also include lavender, as well as bergamot, red grapefruit, clary sage and nutmeg. To make a blend with your favourites to use as a massage oil, first choose your carrier oil. This will be a vegetable oil like olive, almond or grapeseed, for example. Then start to build your blend. I suggest adding of drop of each oil (and start out with just a few or it can get complicated very quickly), and then adjust accordingly. The general rule of thumb for a healthy adult (not expecting) is 5 drops of essential oil in 15mL of carrier. Have fun playing and creating! Our next DIY workshop is Sunday, February 7th. Details on website and facebook ©2016 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St in Centretown 613.567.4444 www.planetbotanix.com
New CD “Love, Peace and Harmony” by Master Sha ~ www.drsha.com
Backed by scientific research:
IAHV has evidenced-based programs to help vets, prisoners, at-risk youth, general public
he International Association for Human Values (IAHV) has just set up shop here in Ottawa. IAHV is an international NGO in special consultative status with ECOSOC of the UN, and a registered charity in Canada. It offers specialized programs using highly-researched and evidence-based tools and techniques to address some of the most intractable problems in Canadian society: vets with PTSD; teenage suicide rates in the North; a prison system which dehumanizes inmates and staff alike; stressed at-risk youth, and schools with a culture of violence; traumatized refugees, and finally the huge epidemic of stress throughout society in general, with its toll on the physical and mental well-being of the entire population. IAHV’s programs in these areas have been very successful so far in the US. We now want to roll out the same programs here in Canada.
At the heart of each of these is a powerful program of unique yoga-based breathing techniques (“SKY breathing meditation”). A recent independent study (2015) from a hospital in Milan, Italy, showed SKY breathing meditation was just as effective in dealing with serious anxiety and depression as the standard treatment with anti-anxiety and anti-depression medication – but with none of the side effects! A recent Stanford University study of US vets with PTSD who took IAHV’s week-long Project Welcome Home Troops program, found a reduction in anxiety and PTSD immediately after the conclusion of the one-week program. Better yet, those improvements were still present both one month and one year later, even in veterans who did not continue to do the daily breathing practices at home. The veterans recount their experiences at: https://vimeo.com/55935552 The first SKY Breathing Meditation course in Canada will take place on Feb. 20-22, in Ottawa. All are welcome! See skymeditation.ca or call 1 855 2-4-PEACE, ext. 101. - Susannah Rowley, LL.M., President, IAHV
Saturday Sunday Monday
11:00 - 16:00 13:00 - 18:00 18:00 - 21:00
Laura’s Numerology News For February 2016 How to calculate your personal monthly number for February Add the day of your birth to the month of your birth and then add the number 2 to this number. You always add double digits together in numerology to reduce to a single number. (Example - birthday of Jan. 5 ) Jan. (1 month) 5 (day) added together = 6 then add this month’s number which is 2. Then add 6+2=8. You would read point number 8 if this was your birthday. If you still have trouble, email me at Lbaird@istar.ca 1. Do not miss the boat as this is the perfect month to throw your hat in the ring and seek a promotion, a raise or a new job. It is all about ACTION! Full steam ahead, NOW! 2. Relationships are formed and others disintegrate during this month. Take care of legal matters and taxes and prepare to move on. Plan to stay on the eliminative path all year. It is all about “endings”, now. No new beginnings until Oct. 3. This is a seed-planting year and some of the seeds that you plant in Feb. will manifest into a beautiful garden by the end of the year. Try to factor in any healing you need, as you are probably still emotionally raw. Leave the pain in the past.
6. Are you in the process of building or renovating a house or relationships? This is the month to get organized, committed, and focused. You also might want to spend more time with your loved ones. Do all this and you will rock this month. 7. There are major changes for you this year. Lubricate your hips and be prepared for sudden twists, turns and slaps in the back of the head. Try to use this slower month to prepare yourself. 8. Does your home life or residence need some TLC? Is there a big purchase that you have been considering? You can buy a new home now, and move into it now or later in the year. All things “domestic” are the focus in 2016. 9. You will find yourself doing much more soul searching than you normally do, this year. Can you take a sabbatical or a good part of the year off? Try to focus on yourself more and you will do well this year. Depression can creep in, so beware. If you are flailing call a healer. Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist/life coach. Full sessions are available in-person to clients in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Phone and Skype sessions are conducted worldwide. For a personal consultation please email: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-725-7232
4. You may be overwhelmed as situations connected to your home, career, health and relationships are all in your face, now. You must first refuel and take care of yourself. Make sure that all of your personal foundations are rock solid. 5. What kind of a rut are you in? Make a decision to get out of it in Feb. Do this now or you will really feel the pressure later in the year. Promote yourself, your gizmo, or your specialty this month.
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops
FEBRUARY EVENTS Holistic Group Healing Thurs, Feb 25, 1-3* Meditation, Tea & Talk Wednesdays, 8-9am Kundalini Yoga Classes Tuesdays, noon-1 Carp Healing Circle Sun, Feb 14, 2-4* Help for Stressed Youth Carp Reiki Community Mondays, 7-9pm* Light Body Classes Sundays, 6-9pm* *pre-registration required www.ecowellness.com
Eco Farm Day
Quantum-Touch® Therapy Level I Certificate Training weekend Saturday and Sunday, February 27th and 28th, 2016 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna email@example.com or Aileen’s Oasis www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751 In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. You will be learning from the first Canadian Quantum-Touch Instructor Compassionate Communication Practice Group for Non-Violent Communication skill building Beginning on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of February 10th until April 27th 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. We will come together to begin this process, to work within a safe environment to create an energy field together as a group of individuals choosing to learn and to practice Compassionate Speaking and Listening. We will begin our process to learn to be natural with a skill set that creates meaning in our own lives as we witness improvements in all our relationships. Information from Aileen’s Oasis, Aileen McKenna www.aileensoasis.com or 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795- 3751 Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space Part I Friday, February 26th 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, clearing a physical space, being present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone else working or living closely with others. For further information, a flyer and registration form call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272 613-795-3751 or by e-mail at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com
Featuring “From Soil to Table” Saturday, February 20th Offered by COG OSO Advanced Registration open til February 8. Ramada Inn Cornwall, 805 Brookdale Ave, Cornwall, Ontario K6J 4P3 Information:
BEATITUDES: Meditation and the world turned upside down. Lent day retreat Led by Rev. Kevin Flynn. Organized by Ottawa Christian Meditation. March 5, 2016, 10 am to 3 pm. Emmanuel United Church, 691 Smyth Rd. Ottawa. No charge. Brown bag lunch. RSVP: email@example.com
613 692 5151 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org FEBRUARY EVENTS Feb 1st - 2-4pm - An Introduction to Astrology & Your Chart with Sue-Anne (6 week course) - $240 Feb 6th - 11am-2pm - Angel & Starseed Readings with Susan - $80/30mins Feb 13th - 10.30am-12.30pm - Discover the Real You with Indira & Bradford (11 week playshop series) - $222 Feb 13th - 1-3pm - Crystal Healing ($80) or Tarot Reading ($50) with Michelyn Feb 19th - 1-5pm - Astrology Readings with Sue-Anne - $100/1hr Feb 20th - 2-5pm - Angel & Starseed Readings with Susan - $80/30mins
Book your spot for the Puro Vita conference for April 30 - May 1 Be part of one of the most publicized health and wellness events in the centre of Ottawa! With a focus on holistic health practices, yoga, and the esoteric arts we will attract and connect the health-seeking populace with Ottawa’s best and brightest practitioners and shops. SPECIAL OFFER: If you are one of the first five vendors to sign-up, we will give you a complimentary advertising spot on our website. For more information email email@example.com or go to www.PuroVita.ca and submit your info Pathwork Open Lecture Discussions Saint Paul University, 233 Main St; follow the signs to the room Feb 10, Mar 9, Apr 13, May 18, 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation: $15; members & program participants free Contact Jean: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-829-1254 All welcome Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SUFI ORDER OF OTTAWA http://sufiorderofottawa.webs.com/ SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. A simple, easy-to-learn technique to enhance creativity and bliss and reduce daily stress. Free intro talk every Wed. 7:30 pm, and Sun.1:30pm (visit http://ca.tm.org to register) at the Ottawa TM Ctr., City Centre bldg (near Albert/ Preston) or call Mary or Gerard at 613 565 2030. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. WHAT IS YOUR ENERGY IQ? Help make our region one of the world’s shining stars of consciousness! Join the conscious community of individuals and businesses who contribute to raising the energy vibration of Eastern Ontario and the Outaouais as we support each other in new and exciting ways in 2016. Learn more email@example.com.
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance,
remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
PAIN RELIEF; correction of chronic conditions; addiction relief; weight loss; pro-active tune-up for health maintenance. Meridians Clinic (613) 728-2579 www.naetottawa.com BLAISE T. RYAN, R.TCMP, R.Ac. Specializing in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, Qigong and Child Psychology. Experienced & Registered. Adults & Children. Insurance receipts available. Located in Westboro at The Village Clinic. Book online at www.drblaiseryan.com or call 613-702-5377
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor, Destiny Card Readings. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy treatment ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com HEALING ANGELS OF THE ENERGY FIELD, Integrated Energy Therapy-Master Instructor and Journey Practitioner. Learn how to connect with your angels and be the best you can be. Contact Susan at 613-220-6551 or email me at email@example.com
• Aqualead AQUALEAD ENERGY - Healing water, environmental healing. Level I, II and Master classes. Free of charge, donations accepted. Sabine Blais, Aqualead & Reiki Master. email firstname.lastname@example.org for schedules, www. aqualeadinstitute.org (819) 230-6638.
• Archetypal Energies USING ENERGIES BEHIND 2 DIMENSIONAL SYMBOLS...runes and much more...for growth & development. Group & individual sessions. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 email@example.com
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Art ART AND MINDFULNESS: Using sculpture to explore awareness. Individual sessions and workshops. No experience necessary. Hilde Paz 613 829-3408.
DIRECTORY • Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org 11TH HOUSE ASTROLOGY GROUP, open to all levels, to exchange & learn, 2nd Monday of month (Sept.-June), 61 Main St. Ottawa. Info: 613-821-4839. INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com
• Aura Photography AURA PHOTO & Chakra Balancing Aura pic & interpretation, Colour therapy, Clear blockages, Healing. Rina Soucy 613-841-8651
• Ayurveda NOEL SMITH-SPARROW: Ayurvedic lifestyle Consultant, phone: (613) 294-7798 firstname.lastname@example.org
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner &
Certified Acupuncturist firstname.lastname@example.org or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, email@example.com or 613-240-9716 LORI HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; lori@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bookkeeping BOOKKEEPING SERVICES for Small Businesses, Non-Profit Org. Practical Accounting for Health and Wellness Practitioners. Bilingual Services, Free Consultation. More than 35 years of experience. Please contact Lucie at 514-7556570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bowen Therapy BOWENTHERAPY OTTAWA Bette Madigan. www.BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) Mother Earth Natural Health Store, 747 Richmond Rd. Insurance receipts available. Call 613-7224249 or e-mail email@example.com THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org BOWENWORKS OF KINGSTON, Andrée Boisvert, Certified Bowenwork® Practitioner, 920 Princess St., Suite 105, Kingston, 613331-3625, email@example.com www.abholistichealth.com BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN. Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 firstname.lastname@example.org NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 email@example.com
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian
Prattis - True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Ceremonies CARRIE RATHWELL, CEREMONIALIST. Personalized ceremonies created for and with you: weddings, funerals, baby and family ceremonies, rites of passage, pet funerals, shamanic journeys for ceremonies, and more. 613-2371473. www.carrierathwell.com
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports
DIRECTORY Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: email@example.com NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 KATHERINE ARNUP PhD. Helping you navigate life’s transitions and challenges. Whether you are facing retirement, divorce, or an unexpected loss, I can help you overcome your fears and embrace your life with courage and passion. Expertise in dealing with illness, aging, death and dying. Contact me at katherine@ lifechangescoaching.ca for a free 1/2 hour session. http://www.lifechangescoaching.ca
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min
session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com
ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 EXPLORING THE POWERS OF THE MIND What are the tendencies of the mind? How can it be directed to be a supportive companion through the journey of grief? In this workshop you will explore practices - including visualization, breathing techniques, concentration and reflection - to help you understand the mind’s powers and expansive possibilities. This workshop will be offered by Swami Matananda, for Bereaved Families of Ottawa in partnership with Yasodhara Ashram. REGISTRATION REQUIRED Wednesday, October 28th, 6:30 - 8:30 pm 211 Bronson Ave $30 contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only.www. healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow.com
THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT At the CSNSD we offer you success as a Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner, a Certified Personal Reiki Practitioner, an Intuitive Counselor or Energy Therapist. You can even become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist. Also gain hours towards your A.N.N. membership through us! Have a look and Re-Ignite Your Life! www. canadiannaturotherapies.com 819-328-9128
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239
DIRECTORY DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com.
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | Online Crystal Store and Retail Location | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | 2-Yr Crystal-Shamanic Certificate Program | EOV (Extra Ocular Vision) | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s School of Remembering | 613470-1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dance BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification IONCLEANSE FOOT BATH with support for the ongoing process of detoxing. $40.00 (incl HST) Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613)272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm.
Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE AND EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE to release blocks and empower you to step into your magnificence. Catherine McLenaghan, certified Donna Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. Call 613-730-0411. Private sessions and ongoing classes.www.energywellspring.com
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. HEALING FROM WITHIN. Energywork and Bodywork through Inner Knowing. Contact Jim Holland at 613-824-1181 MARTIN DESLAURIERS – Physical and emotional healing. From injuries to chronic diseases, pain, burnout, grief. Grounding and self-healing group sessions. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues,
depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Jurlique Organic Skin Care. Gayle Mickelson 613.422.5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custommade foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.spineandfoot.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
DIRECTORY • Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-6121181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www.nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328
• Hotstone Healing JOIN HOT STONE ENERGY THERAPIST and Reiki Master Pauline Brown A.N.N. member for the utmost in healing, relaxation, and a wonderful state of well-being. $85.00 for 90 minute session. Call: 819-684-7885 or visit: www.healinghandswithpauline.ca. Receipts provided and gift certificates available BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com.
• Hypnotherapy RID YOURSELF OF OLD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS. Hypnosis and HypnoAcupunctbure. SLEEP despite your partner’s snoring thanks to hypnosis. Weight loss, Drug, Smoking, Sex, Food and Gambling addictions. Age regression to correct decades old influences. Hypnosis by Judy Spence (CH), National Guild of Hypnotists-certified. Ottawa 613-728-2579 OR Gatineau: 819-661-1061. 1st session: $100. Subsequent $80. Insurance receipts. www.naetottawa.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessive-compulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www.graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 firstname.lastname@example.org MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson. com BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks...
Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - email@example.com www.kaivalya.ca KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist who will guide you to become who you wish to be...Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com Professional practitioner and instructor certification programs. www.centreforholistictherapies.com INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE & HOT STONE MASSAGE- Professional practitioner and instructor certification programs. www.centreforholistictherapies.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
DIRECTORY • Intuitive Energy Counselling INTUITIVE ENERGY THERAPIST/COUNSELOR and Author Cheryl Jiala Driskell helps you BENEFIT from an ‘Intuitive Approach’ to your health. What is out of balance is immediately made clear and energy therapies bring you back to flow! 15 mins from Island Park 819328-9128. www.intuitivelight.com
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 SUZANNE WHITE Bilingual Psychic/Medium, Card & Photo Readings, Dowsing, Psychometry and House Clearing. 343-8826559 email@example.com www.suesintuition.ca INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367 MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 GOT A NEED? HAVE A PROBLEM? LET ME SERVE YOU. Derek Van Der Light. Shaman, Teacher & Exorcist. Call or Text: (613) 252-7509. Email: derek. firstname.lastname@example.org Blog: http:// derekvanderlight.wordpress.com RUNE READINGS BY WILLOWMARIE POWER For the turning points in your life when understanding the reasons behind your choices, passions and creativity make all the difference. Those times when you need to know what you really want and what matters most. I offer in-depth, hour-long readings (gift certificates also available). To schedule an appointment email: email@example.com
or call 613-604-5086
• Live Cell Microscopy
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Kinesiology THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
LIVE CELL MICROSCOPY. Heal yourself at the cellular level. View red and white blood cell health, and contents of the blood stream. www.aliveandwellness.ca
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
• Lymphatic VODDER METHOD. Effective treatment for acute & chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM, RN. 613-728-2579 www.naetottawa.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427 MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www.restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS Effective treatment of many chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM RN. 613-7282579 www.naetottawa.com CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca
DIRECTORY NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca
ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
RIDEAU MASSAGE THERAPY - Feeling stress, pain,or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Free Parking. 418 Rideau St. 613-241-3434. More info at www.lorirmt.ca or contact Lori at email@example.com
CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca
BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com MAITLAND MASSAGE THERAPY: a healing company.Online booking. www.MaitlandMassage. ca Free parking. Melanie Ransom, RMT, BHSc. 878 Maitland Ave. 613-722-6423 RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. OTTAWA SHIATSU. Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415. www.ottawashiatsu.com
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com
• Meditation THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. email@example.com 1 800 226 4428
COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. DYNAMIC MEDITATION. Learn the lifechanging techniques of deep mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace and wellbeing. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion, development of chakras. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; email@example.com. GROUNDING AND SELF-HEALING group sessions. Emotion integration and transmutation. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org BRIDGE THE MEDITATIVE PROCESS with daily living using tools & techniques.Nancy 613-596.0260 email@example.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Vanier WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org, http:// bit.ly/TwinHearts SAHAJA YOGA MEDITATION. Awaken your Kundalini energy to balance you, connect you to cosmic consciousness, and bring about
your spiritual rebirth. Visit us at freemeditation. com or sahajayoga.ca. Saturdays 3:00 pm Ottawa Public Library 120 Metcalfe (FREE) MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836.
• Meditation on CD JENNIFER BERNIUS guides you through 5 soothing and inspiring meditations to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. This CD, Into the Silence, with gorgeous musical accompaniment, will revitalize your daily meditation practice, helping to open your chakras and awakening you to the healing power of light. Cost: $20. 613-721-3787; email@example.com
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• N.A.E.T. ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-661-1061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
DIRECTORY • Natural Healing THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, email@example.com
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org; 613-842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to
Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, email@example.com, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Qigong PHILIP LAI QI GONG ASSOCIATION offers Qi Gong and Tai Chi courses at various locations in Ottawa. The classes are taught by Master Philip Lai (a certified naturotherapist who has 30 years of experience teaching Qi Gong, Kung Fu and traditional Chinese medicine) and associates. Qi Gong helps to reduce your stress, control pain and allergies, strengthen your self-healing ability and increase your energy level. Training to become a certified instructor and private consultations with Master Lai are also available. For more information, contact Catherine at 613-737-0553 or visit www.philiplaiqigong.ca CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:30-11:00am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@gmail.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Jan. 16, 9:30- noon Free Seminar; Jan.16-17 Qi and Structure; March 5-6 Basic; April 2 Open Mind; May 13-15 Retreat; June 4-5 Transposing and Mapping; July 9, 9:30 -noon Free Seminar; July 9-10 Information Healing. Contact Angela at afung46@ hotmail.com or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. email@example.com Visit: www.TheReconnection.com
ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com GREAT FOR STRESS, relaxation and general well-being. $40.00 Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
DIRECTORY VISION REIKI- CATHERINE BASTEDO Holographic-Usui Reiki Master. Personalized Reiki classes in English or French; individual sessions, daytime/week ends. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. Call 819-778-2590 firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com PESI SHROFF Traditional Usui Reiki Master/ Teacher & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins are committed to self-empower individuals who commit themselves to healing & personal growth. They offer Hands-on & Long Distance Reiki Treatments; Reiki Level I & II courses & Reiki Masters. Reiki is used for: Pain, Stress & Chronic Medical Condition Management; Anti-aging & Health maintenance; Improving Immunity, and more. Also See Workshops section. Visit www.zgoldenlight.com; Pesi: 613 829 0224; Lise: 613 795 1469; firstname.lastname@example.org “Empowering one person at a time” ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com 3 in 1 BASED ON USUI METHOD. New and all levels welcome (individual & small classes) Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com ANNA GREEN, MA - SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – www.spiritwell.ca - 613-729-2775. Bodycentered Process Work, Spiritual Care, Reiki & Training, Chakras, Aromatherapy, Bach Remedies, Muscle testing, SET, EFT, Meridians/ Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime - Civic Hospital Area. REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100
body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com
FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427 STEPHANIE BROSSARD ROLFING® STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION. Stephanie Brossard Certified Rolfer™ www.sbrolfing.com email@example.com 613-240-5285
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836 GORGEOUS ‘VIOLET FLAME HEALING ROOM’ available at Green Spirit, a cosy, high vibration spiritual store located at 5558 Manotick Main St in Manotick. Very reasonable rates. Flexible schedules can be accommodated. Various forms of advertising included.
• Schools ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Yr Crystal-Shamanic Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | EOV (Extra Ocular Vision) | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s School of Remembering & more… 613-470-1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 | email@example.com | www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982 SHAMANIC ENERGY WORK IN PERSON OR AT A DISTANCE for physical, emotional and spiritual healing and well-being. Also animal totem workshops. Janice Land (613) 834-6677. www.journeytoinnerhealing.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
DIRECTORY • Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556. SOUND THERAPY WITH FIBONACCI & SOLFEGGIO TUNING FORKS. Expand your consciousness and promote healing on all levels of your being, across all dimensions. Bring your soul back into perfect alignment with its own ‘song’! Contact Kay Aveling at Green Spirit in Manotick, 613 692 5151 or 613 795 1970.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. email@example.com 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, email@example.com, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, email@example.com TAROT INTERPRETATION BY SUZANNE DUC. Private consultation and party readings available. Home page at www.facebook.com/ sdtarot. Contact (613) 841-2597 or suzanne. firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment. PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. email@example.com
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thai Massage LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St.613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at email@example.com or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Therapies & Healing PAST LIVES AND KARMIC HEALING. Through deep meditation reconnect with your past lives to heal hold wounds and free yourself from karmic links. Nathalie Hillman in Gatineau, French or English. nathalie@ reprisedememoires.com 819-930-2290 reprisedememoires.com
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person
or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, email@example.com, 613-236-5758. MINIMEWEBSITES.COM Affordable websites, banners. Free Consultation: 613-824-9348 WEBSITESBYDARLENE.COM - One small business helping another. From $250. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; email@example.com; www.revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information,
DIRECTORY call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION, SelfEmpowerment, Counseling & Developmental Workshops by Reiki Master Pesi Shroff & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins: Bring about the Paradigm Shift from a mindcentered to a heart-centered approach. Workshops: 1) Letting go of False Ego; 2) Releasing Self-limiting Thoughts; 3) Releasing Unpleasant states - Fear, Anger, Frustration, etc; 4) Forgiveness, the Easy Way; 5) Energetically Harmonizing Your Relationships; 6) Energetically Quietening Your Mind. Also see Reiki section. Visit www. zgoldenlight.com; 613 829 0224; 613 795 1469; email@example.com “Empowering one person at a time” SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www. spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX.COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS with an esoteric approach using hypnosis and NLP. For more info visit www. TheSuccessRoom.ca or call 613.699.4555 WORKSHOP SPACE AVAILABLE days and evenings. Maximum 25 people. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836
• Yoga RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE Are you stressed? Anxious? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? We’ve got you covered. With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone (sometimes even soup!).Come shop, socialize, sip on our house tea, read from our community library or drop off a food bank donation. Can’t afford yoga rates? Let’s talk. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation, like we said, we’ve got you covered, because yoga is for everyone With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation. www.ottawayoga.com 613.234.7974 342 Gladstone Ave YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other
props, DVDs, CDs. Complimentary tea after each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-3046320, www.yogaandtea.com GENTLE YOGA AND MEDITATION. Mondays in Crystal Beach (just west of Bayshore). 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Maki House Community Centre. 19 Leeming Drive. Julie 613-254-8469 SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
Way in Kanata beside the Eagleson Road Park & Ride. www.beyondyogaottawa.com (613) 591-9642 (YOGA)
LA TROPIQUA CAFÉ-Lounge, Yoga Studio and Spa, a new and innovative gem at 1292 Wellington St. West. An oasis for relaxation and healthy living. Contact: 613-695-CALM (2256) YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
• Reiki & Shamanism
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Practitioner, Reiki Master, IET®, Energy clearing & balancing for mind and body. Crystal layouts & grids. In person or distance, summary provided for distance. Contact: Brigitta @ email@example.com or 613-355-1832
WISHINGTREE YOGA CENTRE -- Yoga for Selfrealization. For all ages, beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. www.wishingtreeyoga.ca NUDE YOGA (Private and SemiPrivate) For women who are comfortable in their bodies and who want to explore a deeper feeling of freedom while performing Hatha Yoga with certified and experienced yoga instructor, Teresa Splinter. Starting at $20.00. www. feelamazingyoga.com
BEYOND YOGA STUDIO & WELLNESS CENTRE offers over 7,000 sq. ft. of spacious studios, wellness facilities, change rooms, retail space and a lounge where you can relax, rejuvenate and enjoy our yoga community. Beyond is a sanctuary that will enable you to “reach beyond” to rediscover yourself in your search for your true purpose and passion. Please join us for classes, workshops, special events and wellness services. Conveniently located at 66 Hearst
The Buzz on Bone Broth
hoosing healthy foods is extremely random. It is random because the definition of “healthy foods” can be taken to mean almost anything. For Foodies, healthy food is considering not only it’s nutritional content, but also it’s sustainability. Sustainable food is that which can be grown again and again, and has no negative impact on the earth. How can we support our health AND support the health of the earth? Because whether we like to admit it or not, we belong to the ecological cycle of life on this planet. There have been many experiments reported in the mainstream news, books and films of people changing their diet by attuning themselves to the rhythms of nature. Their goal is to nourish themselves from what is locally available without depleting the soil or using fossil fuel fertilizers to enhance the output. When we look at traditional cultures that have impressive longevity statistics - from the Hunza, to Georgians, to Armenians, to Asian cultures there is a striking element that is woven into their diet that North Americans largely miss out on. It is Bone Broth. Short-cooked and long-cooked, fish based, meat based, or vegetable. A simmering broth extracts all essential amino-acids and minerals from the original ingredient, and makes it bio available for our fragile digestive system. Using bones from grazing animals is critical. These animals are contributing to soil regeneration by simply eating and eliminating on the earth. They create a fertile land for plants, flowers, insects and millions of micro-organisms to thrive! The grazing animal gets sunlight and moisture that cannot be recreated by humans. The benefits of bone broth are many. To name a few: bone broth reduces inflammation in all structures of the body, stabilizes blood sugar, heals joints and all soft tissue in the body (including the digestive system), it creates youthful skin, it gently encourages detoxification in the body, and increases the body’s ability to burn fat. It is a miracle food.
Written by Michele Schubert of Beyond Gluten Free and Dasha Tilleul of Agape Gardens. We offer a “30 Day Healthy Gut Challenge” which includes top quality bone broth to heal your body. Email Michele@beyondglutenfree.ca for more details.
CLASSIFIEDS • For Sale For sale or rent. EXCEPTIONAL ECOLOGICAL RESIDENCE, 35 min from downtown Ottawa with SMALL GROUP RETREAT or B&B POTENTIAL! Great Opportunity! Assessed at over 1 million (920K value of the building, min. 130K value of 5 acres treed lot) priced to sell at 649,900$, 6 BEDS 5 BATHS, with a large 23’X23’ WORKSHOP ROOM, Insulated Concrete Form construction, 9’ ceilings throughout, passive solar house, hyper energy efficient (500$ in heating/cooling cost/year), zero maintenance (metals roof, traditional concrete stucco), private septic bed and well, with high end finishes: 5 marble baths with glass showers, jetted & extra-large tubs, Kitchen with solid maple glazed cabinets, granite counters and SS appliances, hardwood throughout. Contact : 613 7026681, SEE ON GRAPEVINE ID: 44853 V-SHAPED MEDITATION CUSHION for sale in excellent shape, cost $55.00. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org MASSAGE TABLE. Professional, heavy duty, custom designed with hole for face, shelving for towels, quality wood/vinyl top, easily disassembled. $1200 negotiable. Phone 613-829-2002 or 613-820-3743.
• For Rent FURNISHED, BRIGHT, SPACIOUS BEDROOM in a 2 bedroom house. Ideal for student or contract professinal. Bright, furnished, room in lower level with male/ female professional couple. (Male stays once or twice per week). All-iclusive rent includes wifi and utilities. Cable and home phone are negotiable. Walk-in closet, shelving. Own fridge, own freezer. Near General Hospital. 15-20 min bus ride to main campus U of O (86 route). Elmvale Mall, Bus Stn, Metro, Loblaws. Along 114 route. Non-smoking, respectful, mature, must be cat-friendly (1 have two of them). Female preferred. Parking $30 extra. $250 down payment. Please email me with any questions and info about yourself. Negotiable time-frame. Modest 2 bedroom row-house with a Country-feel and back yard. Gandhteam@yahoo.ca
Mankind Has For Years Been Slowly Killing Our Planet
t’s called Pollution. Polluting our water, forests, homes, schools and now with the advent of EMF Pollution from Smart Meters, WiFi, Smartphones, iPads, Computers, Satellites and Power Towers. Our very existence is in the balance. You can’t taste, touch or see the invisible frequencies. The new word is “Smart” Smart Meters, Smartphones, Smart Water, Get Smart. Just check out DEATH BY SMART METER for more info or pick up a copy of TAKE BACK YOUR POWER by Josh De Sol. When is smart not smart? When it effects our health and out way of life. Time to wake up and do your due diligence on how to protect your and your family from all of this Negative
Frequencies on out bodies and our lives. Peter Webb from Kemptville has developed for over 30 years EMF Balancers (Free Standing Units that require no batteries). They work 24/7. Our balancers do not balance your smart equipment, only our bodies.We have balanced Schools, Health Clinics, Homes, Restaurants, Car Dealerships and Seminars. Call to find out how you can balance your world against all of this EMF Pollution. i.am.balanced. • EMF Balancers • Cell Phone ADR Disks www.emffreezone.ca • Gold Energy Cards email@example.com • Water For Life System (613) 842-4757 “Ask for Steve” • Soil Balancer • Homes, Businesses, Cars Our Energy Exchange Meeting first Friday of every month, Ottawa All products have Zero Point Energy Citizen Bldg. 7pm to 9:15 pm. By Cell 613-795-8827 Steve Priebe donation. Hall is Balanced for the Tel 613-842-4758 firstname.lastname@example.org evening “come out and feel the difference” www.emffreezone.ca HAVE A BALANCED DAY! Have an awesome balanced month
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC
email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: How do you view the problems of the world and how do you think they can be solved? SELF-DISCOVERY through
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
ave you ever been at a party and some person walks up to you and starts to chat? Have you ever noticed your reaction when that person gets to close to you? I bet that you intuitively backed away from him/her so that they would not be in your personal space! One of the challenges faced by all humans living on this planet is the constant demands that other people place on us. They want us to do this or do that, all in a loving way. Others, on the other hand, are not so nice in that they find it acceptable to “impose” their ideas on us. They want us to buy into their stories and sometimes the delivery of that message is not the most eloquent. They are all encroaching on our personal space either in a physical, emotional, spiritual or verbal way. The end result of this onslaught is that we become overwhelmed, we become frustrated…we even become angry and offended because these well intended people have crossed the line. We all have limits of what we can endure and tolerate. Have a serious look at your life and try to identify situations in which people have crossed your line. Muster the courage to say “NO” to them and stand firm in your beliefs. Take guidance from watching a mother bear defending her cubs from predators. Learning to say NO, that is, setting boundaries for yourself is the first step to regaining your power. Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawa-based Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
SRI CHINMOY: Problems are everywhere. Each country and each individual has hundreds of problems. But problems can be solved, should be solved and must be solved by individuals first. For it is the individual mind or capacity that rules each country. If each individual sees that he has hundreds of problems of his own, then he will dive deep into his own problems. From there, he will come to realise that there is only one problem, and that problem is lack of oneness. The human way that we can solve world problems is for an individual to feel that his country is like a tree with countless branches, which represent the other countries. A tree without branches is no tree at all. When we see that there are quite a few branches, we appreciate the tree. So, if we can feel that our nation tree has others as branches, and if other countries can also feel the same way, then there will be a feeling of inseparable oneness. However, from a spiritual point of view, if we want to solve the problems of the world, then there is only one way and that way is to pray and meditate for our conscious oneness with the Will of the Absolute Supreme. If we consciously pray and meditate, then without fail God’s Will can and will be executed in and through us. Prayer and meditation can solve all the world problems. If we become one with God’s Will, then we make no mistakes. It is because of our mistakes that we create problems for ourselves. What is the mistake from which we are constantly suffering? Our only mistake is that we have made friends with ignorance. But we can change our friendship. God is there to help us and guide us. So from a divine point of view, all world problems can be solved only by prayer and meditation, which are nothing short of our constant communion, or conversation, with God Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
Proper Use of the Creative Life Force by Mary Anne Bourque
t the next one of the monthly series of Pathwork Open Lectures at Saint Paul University on February 10, we will continue this season’s theme of conscious creating, exploring how we use our active and passive energy to create our lives. Have you wondered why, at times, what you want to create in your life just doesn’t work out? It is easy to come to the conclusion that if the other would only change, life would go the way you would like. But if you think about it, you realize that you really can’t change anyone else. What you do have is the life force energy to create the life you really want through the process of looking at underlying attitudes that play a large part in determining your life’s direction. In the areas of life where you lack fulfillment, some of your creative active energy is being used in ways that do not serve you or that are not possible for you to change. What this does create is frustration. Then there are places where this active energy would bring about significant positive change and yet you are passive, leaving you with a feeling of stagnation, a lifeless sensation. The Pathwork invites us to explore the inner dynamics of our passive and active creative life force, discovering where we are setting an active force in motion where a passive one should exist and vice versa. In the first case, we use up our creative energy which not only exhausts us but leaves us with less energy to be in the flow of living well. And when trying to force ourselves or others to be other than we or they can be at the moment, what we need is relaxed inner acceptance. Pathwork Lecture 29, The Forces of Activity and Passivity – Finding God’s Will, offers constructive guidelines to discover these inner dynamics. The lecture suggests that each time you feel an unpleasant emotion such as anger or anxiety, rather than wanting to blame someone else, check inside to see if there is a place in you that can’t accept the situation as it is. The lecture
Open Lecture Discussions Saint Paul University,
233 Main St, follow signs to room
Feb. 10; Mar. 9; Apr. 13; May 18 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation: $15, members free
Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 All welcome
The Pathwork lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org For information about the Pathwork in Ottawa:
www.ottawapathwork.ca says “unpleasant emotions must have somewhere a false premise, no matter how wrong others may be”. This is the first step in changing our negative creations into a positive direction. This lecture places a great emphasis on the importance of self-honesty, self-knowledge and wholeheartedness in this process. When we start to see our frustrations as guideposts to where we have mixed up our passive and active energies we can improve our relationships and begin creating joyful and fulfilling lives. This will be the topic of the February 10 (Wednesday) Pathwork Open Lecture at Saint Paul University, 7 to 9 pm, 233 Main Street (follow the signs to the room). All are welcome. There is a suggested donation of $15 for non-members. The Pathwork Lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org. Mary Anne Bourque is a Pathwork Helper in Ottawa.
RUNE READINGS 1 full hour intuitive readings
Also available as gift certificates for Christmas giving. Why not create a spiritual tradition of your own? Learn how to write for sacred circles, celebrations and ceremonies. Classes start January 2016 For more information e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: http://willowmariewrites.com
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor
CREC FEBRUARY EVENTS Holistic Group Healing
MENTAL ILLNESS: A Holistic Approach
Thursday, February 25th, 1-3*
Meditation Tea & Talk Wednesdays, 8-9am
Tuesdays, noon - 1pm
Carp Healing Circle Sunday, February 14, 2-4 Help for Stressed Youth*
Carp Reiki Community Mondays, 7-9pm*
* preregistration required
trace minerals; journaling; talking; tapping (emotional freedom technique); mindfulness meditation learned from an experienced teacher (meditation can aggravate mental illness); yoga; relaxation; reading well-rounded spiritual books; practicing self-acceptance; uplifting movies; positive colours and scents; Reiki treatments on your own or from a practitioner; massage; walking in nature; art; music; good literature; volunteering; and gentle detoxification (too much can aggravate). This is a simple overview. A group of us is creating a community-based model for mental health, the monthly Carp Healing Circles, where various practitioners introduce helpful theory and techniques, brain-friendly snacks and a list of resources. If you are interested in attending, please contact us. Katherine Willow N.D. is a retired naturopathic doctor applying her 30 years of experience to developing healing events for all ages. Sign up for our newsletter at www.ecowellness.com
819.319.6162 www.essences.ca email@example.com
efore offering up the lovely tools our alternative community has for mental illness, let’s compassionately consider a painful fact: most of our mentally ill population is too poor and uneducated to avail themselves of these tools. The largest factor in one’s level of health in our society is money. To be truly holistic, we need to expand our alternative viewpoint to include government policies, the educational system and the factors that underlie the growing distance between the wealthy and the poor. The good news is that many effective tools for mental health are simple and inexpensive and could be easily incorporated into mainstream medicine. The most important step in treating mental illness is an ASSESSMENT that includes physical signs and symptoms; nutrient status; blood tests; hormones; energetic factors; lifestyle; beliefs/values; body type; spiritual practice; family history; and a thorough social history of shocks, disappointments and traumas. It is only when we address the causes of a mental condition that we can make real progress. If one’s state is desperate, it can be life-saving to use appropriate medications while investigating the underlying factors and then gradually wean off the meds as they are no longer needed—even if that takes years. If we’re not sure about the causes, there are many things we can do. From a research point of view, exercise would be the most useful; better still if applied to one’s Ayurvedic body type. The other major factor would be getting enough sleep, at least 8 hours. More suggestions include: taking some or more vitamin D; drinking enough water; cleaning up the diet, in moderation; increasing protein, healthy fats and
Kundalini Yoga Classes
POUR VOTRE SANTÉ ÉMOTIONNELLE FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL HEALTH
Présidente | President Coach de vie, médiatrice Life Coach, Mediator
Monkey God Pose (Hanumānāsana) By Rupa
onkey God Pose is a posture named for the monkey deity Hanuman. Hanuman is an unforgettable character in the great epic, Rāmāyaṇa; he is a symbol of courage, loyalty, humility, devotion and mature wisdom.
Lanka and finds Sita in Ravana’s garden. An army of monkeys build a bridge across the ocean with floating stones which the name of Rāma has been written. Rāma and his group cross the bridge. After a fierce battle, Rāma annihilates Ravana and Sita is rescued. During the battle against Ravana, Laksmana is severely wounded by an arrow and lays unconscious. With his colossal leap, Hanuman reaches the Himalayas and brings back with him the mountain where the powerful life-restoring plant grows. Thus the life of Laksmana is revived.
According to legend, when Rāma, the incarnation of Viṣṇu, his wife Sita and his brother Laksmana are in exile in the forest, Ravana, the demon king of Lanka, kidnaps Sita. Hanuman, the son of the Wind God Vāyu, as the friend and devoted servant of Rāma, goes in search of Sita. After learning about Sita, by repeating Rāma’s name in the heart, Hanuman assumes a gigantic form and makes a tremendous leap across the ocean to
Self inquiry from the story: Are we proud of the ability of doing the pose or are we grateful that the Divine gives us strength to face the gaps in life?Modern Yoga is often regarded as posture exercise. Also, we should know that traditional Yoga is a process of cultivating our body, mind and consciousness to understand and experience our inner spiritual nature, and let our Self resonate with the Divine for well-being and happiness.
Welcome to Rupa’s Yoga and Meditation classes at Wishingtree Yoga. Rupa Manjari Devi Das (Ivy) has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom; her living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. The experience will let you understand this amazing scientific knowledge and give you practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat! For more information visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Gumbugs, Sugarbugs and Toothbugs? Why do I hate Gumbugs? Gumbugs cause bad breath, bleeding gums and pregnancy gingivitis. Gumbugs in pregnancy can be so deadly that new research shows they might even kill an unborn baby. Dr Yiping Han, microbiologist extraordinaire and DNA detective has just tracked down the mouth bacteria: a gumbug. That probably caused a stillborn baby’s death by taking a bacteria sample from the amniotic fluid and matching it with bacteria, a gumbug, found in the mother’s gums! We have known for years from epidemiology studies that mother’s with gum disease have smaller babies or premature term births. Only lately have we been able, with DNA tracking to trace which bacteria or gumbug caused the problem with strong scientific correlation. This mother in question got her gum disease treated and went on to have a healthy full-term baby. A sad/ happy story. In fact, more researchers are looking at the connection between gumbugs and heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, digestive disorders, pneumonia, some digestive system cancers, some breast cancers and oral cancers, plus osteoporosis and strokes to name a few areas of investigation.
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaser Paul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Two locations: & Alta Vista Downtown andDowntown Alta Vista locations
Healthy gums might mean healthier hearts. Bad gums could lead to bad hearts. Sir William Osler said, “The mouth is the mirror of all disease.” We all probably have just cause to hate gumbugs, toothbugs and sugarbugs. Why do I hate Toothbugs? Toothbugs cause cavities and tooth abscesses and once in a while someone does actually die from a tooth to brain abscess that gets treated too late. It is a scary thought but it happens. Again toothbugs can migrate into our bloodstreams, our digestive fluids and our lymphatic system from a tooth abscess, so we must be on guard to avoid tooth disease or tooth decay and at least catch tooth decay before it progresses into an abscess. Why do I hate Sugarbugs? It is well established that refined white sugar is a false friend. It is all sweet talk and sugar has no nutritional character at all. Kids are eager to eat it and grandparents are fooled into thinking it is the way to their grandchildren’s heart. But think again. Sugar is worse than cocaine in its devastating effects. Stop giving it readily to your children and grandchildren! We now, on average, eat over one hundred pounds per year!! Sugar when consumed is like a false gift It looks great. It tastes great and it has the promise of good things to come. However, when the body digests sugars there is no nutritional return. Sugar robs us of our processing energy because there are no end-reward of nutrients. So we expend energy to digest sweets but end up emptyhanded in the end. This is the Sugarbug ripoff. Sugar screws up our biological processes and gets converted into cholesterol in our bodies. Further now we have synthetic sugars, pseudo sugarbugs imitating the real sugarbugs like aspartame. One day, I was telling a young lady about the dangers of sugar and aspartame and she surprised me. She sat bolt upright and turned to me and said, “You don’t need to tell me about aspartame,
Dolphin Dentistry Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com email@example.com my grandfather was the lead research scientist presenting to the FDA why aspartame should never be approved by the FDA. He said there was irrefutable evidence that it was not safe for human consumption but the FDA process was apparently manipulated and the company got the product aspartame approved. Our whole family is still outraged about this scam. Shame on the FDA.“ I learned something that day! She was very passionate and very correct. By the way that Vegetable Identification Research Project is now complete and guess what… chocolate was again taken off the list of approved vegetables. Sorry to tell you this. Most dental diseases are now recognized as whole body diseases. They are not limited to influencing only your mouth. Most dental diseases in the early stages are all pretty much treatable or preventable diseases. We want to teach people how to prevent these problems and win the battle against Gumbugs, Toothbugs and Sugarbugs. Join me in being anti toothbugs, anti gumbugs and anti suagarbugs? Think about it… don’t you have reasons to hate gumbugs, sugarbugs and toothbugs? 613-234-5758 • firstname.lastname@example.org Dr George Paul Greenacre, DDS dolphindentistry.com
CANDLE MAGICK AND LOVE SPELLS
Sunday February 7, 12:00 - 4:00 pm, Planet Botanix, Ottawa Candle magick is a simple yet powerful form of spell-casting that works with your intention, imagination, and passion using the element of Fire. In this workshop you will learn the fundamentals and ethics of candle magic and how to use this information for love spells. You will make your own (non-toxic) candles that can be consecrated and used in a spell or ritual, or given as a gift to someone. Join us for a special afternoon full of the mystery and elegance of candle magick!
INCENSE MAKING AND MAGICK
Sunday February 28, 12:00 - 4:00 pm, Planet Botanix, Ottawa For thousands of years people have used fragrant flowers, plants, herbs and oils to make incense. Using smoke, scents, and the abundance of the earth to send out intentions, spells and prayers is one of the oldest known forms of ceremony and ritual. In this entertaining workshop you will learn how to make your own incense for your enjoyment and use, and we will cover the fundamentals of working with incense in a ritual and magickal context.
Saturday March 19, 12:00 - 4:00 pm, Planet Botanix, Ottawa The Qabalah is a vital and dynamic system of spiritual growth which is used widely within many esoteric and occult systems. Qabalastic thought, symbolism and ideas are incorporated in magick, rituals and philosophies. In this workshop you will learn the fundamentals of the Qabalah and gain understanding of its historical context.. You will create your own Qabalistic Tree of Life and learn how it can be applied now, in your life, for your benefit.
Sunday April 10, 12:00 - 4:00 pm, Planet Botanix, Ottawa Runes have been regarded throughout history as a powerful oracle for self knowledge; as tools for reading hidden truths, and as a system of communication between the mundane and occult realms. In our afternoon together you will be making your own personal set of Runes, and will learn how to interpret and use them for wisdom, insight and guidance. This workshop is a fantastic opportunity to create, and learn about, this ancient and magickal system of divination.
Sunday April 24, 12:00 - 4:00, Planet Botanix, Ottawa Tarot is a divinatory tool with a long and fascinating history. In this workshop we will explore these two aspects of the Tarot, and you will also learn the fundamentals of reading the Tarot using several different popular decks. You will gain a deeper understanding of the esoteric tradition that says “The most powerful sources of information come from within; the Tarot aids in coming in contact with one’s Higher Self.” (Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn) Workshops are $50 per person but yours is half-off if you bring a friend! Pre-registration is required. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details, and “like” our Facebook page to stay up-to-date.
What the !?#$%^& is Life Coaching? Or how to create more fun in my life! By Karen Munro-Caple
s an Integral Master Coach™, I get asked this a lot. Coaching is a new concept for most people. Clients are interested in being coached when they are in the midst of CHANGE; career, health, relationship, etc. I often notice clients complain that they have lost their sense of joy. When was the last time you felt lightness and fun in your life? I assist my clients in rediscovering their joy and creativity. Humour and healing are important qualities I’ve grown to value, both in my 20 years in the animation film business, and over the past 15 years in my practice as a Registered Massage Therapist. (Check out the back page to see my RMT ad.) I’d love to show YOU how to bring YOUR passion to Life, too! Integral Coaching® can help you to develop abilities needed to make sustainable changes in YOUR life; from being more productive at work or planning for retirement, to developing skills to communicate more effectively with others or rediscovering your creativity again! With Integral Coaching®, clients can access their authentic selves and their inherent resourcefulness to successfully navigate life’s changes. I offer a 30 minute complimentary session to determine if we are a good match. I explain more about
the process, the sliding fee scale and we discuss the topic you are interested in focusing on. All aspects of you as the client are taken into account; mental, emotional, physical and spiritual. I have two locations:
• Downtown, Albert St between Elgin & Metcalfe • Nepean area, Meadowlands & Merivale For more information please give me a call and check out my website. I hope you have some fun today! 613-230-3527 www.karenmunrocaple.ca
ROLLANDE THOMPSON Since 1974. Renowned bilingual tarot card reader, palmistry, numerology. Accurate, honest and dependable. My readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and your finances. I respect my work and will give you only my best. Individual consultations at your service. House parties and my own psychic line. Only a phone call away. Formerly on CFRA, CHIP & Rogers TV Telepsychic Show To book an appointment, please email: email@example.com
How do you know if your companion is right for you? Channelled by Lisa Virtue
ebruary is seen as the month of love. It is the month for cozying up for those in colder climates, snuggling in. While we encourage great loving connection with all others, as you may have gathered from our writings, we thoroughly encourage self-love above all else. To nourish your soul, cherish and value yourself, thus expanding the capacity and capability to love and to be assistance to others. Nourishing your soul allows you to be a better companion for others. Today’s topic though is companionship. How do you know if your companion is right for you? Our hearts seem to seek fulfillment through connection. The question to ask yourself about any relationship is if you feel empowered to authentically be yourself, in relation to this other. If you are feeling diminished or like you must hide part of yourself in order to remain in good graces and in an ease of being, does this serve you, do you think? Compromises of course are often required in human relationships. Not everyone enjoys the same things and often it is that difference which we find the most complimentary, stimulating. All differences aside, do you feel you are able to be who you wish to be within the context of your connection with this, or these other people? Betraying who you are in order to satisfy the desires of another is the ultimate betrayal. So choose your self-love first as priority. As you develop the ability to find loving and accepting thoughts and actions towards and for yourself, not only will you, of course, feel good, you will begin harmonizing with the same type of energy in your exterior experience. Which means as you find harmony within yourself you will find harmony with those around you. Finding a healthy relationship partner is easier as you feel this healthy way with yourself. Discern the state of health of your relationships with the filter of how loving
Energy Healer & Divine Channel Live your authentic life. 613.296.4271
LISA VIRTUE www.LisaVirtue.com
you feel free to be of yourself, within context of that connection. And, of course, if you do not enjoy your time spent with this person, then that is a sign as well. Please accept our loving wishes for you, as you live your life journeys, that you may feel and find the greatest wishes of your heart, not only within you, but expanded for all to see, and benefit from, in your life. Our dearest expression of peace, love, hope, and joy to you all, Your angel compatriots
Let your love flow. Get that self-love rockin’ with the angel made “Grounding Love & Light” Soul Support Set. All heart and angel shaped crystals are also on sale for the month of February.
MV Natural Healing
Contact Lisa to treat yourself to a fun, personalized, crystal-indulging experience.
Lisa Virtue is an Energy Healer and Angel Channel. This Valentine’s month let Lisa and her team of angels heal your heart, or chat with the angels about love.
Health is Wealth
Certified Iridologist & Reflexologist 613-677-8274 firstname.lastname@example.org www.mvnaturalhealing.ca
613-296-4271 Lisa@lisavirtue.com www.LisaVirtue.com www.Facebook.com/LisaVirtue01 Lisa’s office is located in the Glebe, Ottawa
40 hrs. RESTORATIVE YOGA TEACHER TRAINING with MELANIE ALLISON
Whether you want to teach restorative yoga, use it for your own health and wellbeing or simply weave it's wisdom into your regular classes to offer your students an amazing experience, this training will provide teachers with a more in depth application of ayurveda, the ability to teach and sequence a restorative yoga class and identify and support students with special needs.
What is restorative yoga exactly The psychology of deep support Understanding the nervous system Relaxation’s role in health and wellness Restorative yoga and the four seasons Restorative yoga, ayurveda and the doshas Sequencing for deep and long lasting healing Therapeutics of different poses and their application: who, when & why Poses for speciﬁc ailments, conditions, injuries or imbalances Effective use of props
DATES March 11 – 13 April 8 – 10 May 13 – 15 Fridays 6pm – 9pm
Saturdays 1pm – 6 :30pm Sundays 2pm – 7pm (incl. 2 hr public class)
This training is Yoga Alliance certiﬁed and applicable for teachers accumulating hours towards a 500hr level certiﬁcation. Tuition Tax Receipt (T22A) provided. Students with a personal interest for their own home practice also welcome. Teachers wanting certiﬁcation will be required to complete 2 assignments. Tuition: $850 +hst
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $775+hst (Paid in Full by February 15)
48 251 dalhousie st
February 2016 613.241.9642 upwardogyoga.ca
Tone mailing address: 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1