December is Health & Wellness Month December 2017, Vol. 33, #4, Priceless
M a g azine www.tone.ca A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 30 years
Weathering the Seasons Alexis Nicol
Reduce Your Stress Levels 5 Tips for Health and Wellness Moira Hutchison
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) & Acupuncture Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
A Meaningful Gift this Season of Giving Avegaile Calzado
Our Kids Are Struggling Tanya Robertson
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
An ancient philosophy on a new perspective on life and on ourselves Lynne Cardinal
Tis the season to be busy! Are you happy? by Louise Lalande, coCreations
Vitamin ‘P’ for Health and Wellness Tracy Montgomery
New Year Resolution with a Twist Diane Oliver Visit Ottawa’s Newest Online Holistic Directory at AwakeningOttawa.com
Weathering the Seasons Written by Alexis Nicol
Aren’t we fortunate to live in an area on Earth where we get to experience four distinct seasons? So often we use the weather to describe our emotional state for instance: “I’m feeling a little under the weather today”. Sometimes it and similarly we can be portrayed as being filled with fury, dark and drab, bright and cheery and warm and joyful. We tend to look outside ourselves for answers to situations or as excuses for our emotional responses. Many of us don’t like to take responsibility (who does), blaming anything or anyone else at any given time. I discovered that it is beneficial to use the weather as my personal mental health guide. When I pay close attention to the signs I am better able to receive the awareness that I am being given. The weather usually shows me exactly where I might be requiring a little more attention. This can show up in many ways; physically, mentally, spiritually, etc. It makes me excited everyday when I can use my surroundings as a barometer of where I’m at. Everything around us, weather, family, friends, work – all of it reflects what is going on inside. This is a gift and it’s totally free of charge. The only price we have to pay is attention. We are blessed to be living in a place where we get to experience such diversity. It reflects our diverse,
entertaining and sublime attributes. Like the seasons we are constantly changing. The Universe is in constant motion, vibrating, pulling and pushing, evolving as we are. We not only evolve individually, but collectively. By reflecting life’s trials, tribulations and beauty our Seasons subtlety offers us yet another pathway to inner growth. This time of year encourages us to be thankful and I am grateful to share with you my perspective on how to view the wondrous insight while weathering the Seasons. Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She incorporates Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
Tone Magazine’s December theme: Health & Wellness including Mental Health
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. December 2017 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Group Counselling Services Ongoing Group Counselling and Workshops Self Awareness • Self Knowledge • Self Confidence
Ambreen Ihsanullah MEd
Your Roots to Branches
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES
Supporting You in Getting to the Root of the Matter Individuals, Couples, Families & Groups Humanistic Wholistic Integrative Spiritual Psychology
a non-profit public charitable and educational organization
Intuitive Empathic Counsellor
www.ambreen.ca Ottawa, Ontario Canada
ake time out for your yourself away from the hectic pace of life; the constant external demands and expectations. Nourish yourself in a safe space with time to go inward and pay attention to your inner being. Remember Yourself • Rediscover Yourself • Reenergize Yourself External change begins with an internal shift in consciousness. My group workshops offer a philosophical approach and practical methods and skills anyone can use to create internal harmony, peace and well-being. Self-knowledge, understanding and acceptance provide the inner foundation from which we can all consciously help create an inclusive and harmonious society of individuals who are a meaningful part of the whole. Self acceptance allows us to accept others without fear. We model and teach who we are. Comfortable in our own uniqueness we are able to grow stronger together. www.ambreen.ca; 613.421.9277; email@example.com
Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
January 27-28 February 24-25 March 17-18
Toronto Peterborough Ottawa (Almonte)
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org, 905 655-6756 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: email@example.com
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
Couples...Partners...Soul-Mates... str e
It takes at least this long for them to readily see the stark differences in their personalities, negotiate and finally accept these valid differences. ne of the first things I say Note that Shakespeare’s Romeo and to couples who come to my s Juliet realized their stark differences s relationships practice is that a good s llne as a Montague and a Capulet only we coupling is one of the best rewards smokin when they went “inside” the walls of in our lives and a bad coupling is frui Verona!! Romantic love was eclipsed one of the worst dilemmas in our and destroyed by the human tragedy lives. Two people can be excellent xie ty of family feuding. The common partners without being a couple. self -esteem expression is, “When you marry Two people can be soul-mates someone you are marrying their t without being a couple. Not all weigh whole family.” Most young people couples are soul-mates. Soul-mates do not fully realize this and rush are connected Spiritually forever. COUNSELLING, COACHING They are one Spirit in two separate & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE head-long into what later becomes a broken relationship. bodies. Couples are incredibly loyal, Richard M. Haney honest and capable of negotiating In the English language, we Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist extensively. Couples are very likehave the words: “independence”, (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 “dependence minded. Partners can have huge and “interBank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. areas of difference and disagreement dependence”. Interestingly, there is no www.ottawahypnosis.com without the need for negotiation such word as, “inter-independence”. www.ottawacounselling.com because they may not have as I suggest this concept when two strong a commitment to closure in highly independent people connect negotiations as couples do. Mature couples often wed in a mature, deep relationship. I also suggest to my successfully. It is best if partners do not wed because relationship coaching clients that they ask themselves they are not sufficiently bonded. if they, and/or their mate, have “finished their business” with their cross-sex parent. “Finishing When I hear the expressions “get engaged” their business” means radically accepting the and “get married”, I ask people to proceed relationship that they have or had with that carefully and consider that it is a process and parent. Even if it was very bad and/or abusive, not just a goal. I suggest the following mature, it is critically important to maturely come to mutual, patient and step-by-step process terms with it. Then, and only then, are they of becoming emotionally closer: Dating... ready for a fruitful, meaningful relationship Courting...Engaging...Marrying...Wedding... with another person. Many women complain Deepening... For most intelligent, sensitive and loving individuals that they are treated like a mother by their male mate. it takes between 3 and 5 years to reach the intimate This means that he has not yet accepted his mother. It is imperative for couples or partners to be emotionally marrying stage. available for each other. Many couples and partners run aground because they have exhausted their relationship skills and are not able to grow together emotionally. One or both of them Free Your Neck & Back... authentically believes that there are limits to how much ...Drop that STRESS two people can grow together. There are no limits unless someone projects that there are. Some relationships are more amenable to coaching than counselling. Counselling is mostly • Relief of Physical pain about emotional problem solving. Coaching is more • Increased Energy about skill-building and learning techniques of & Mental Clarity communication and negotiation. Just because a person • Deep Relaxation runs out of skills does not mean that there is something wrong with them. They are simply skill-deficient in this For appointment and more information call area. Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Joah Bates, D.O. (UK) Mediation). Richard has been practising Wholistic 613-742-0011 Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the Over 25 years experience past 25 years in Ottawa. Richard by phone: (613) 234-5678. By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reduce Your Stress Levels 5 Tips for Health and Wellness There is stress all around us... Work, relationships, the weather, your health, and your finances can each be sources of stress. These things aren’t stressful in of themselves, but we create stress by the way we interpret them. There are many ways to create stress. There are also many ways to reduce stress. Considering how miserable stress can make life, the time you spend learning to release stress is time wellspent. Be patient and try several possible solutions. Try these quick and easy ways to lessen the stress you experience each day:
5. Breathe deeply. The trick is to take slow, deep breaths and focus on your breathing. The combination of altering your breathing and taking your mind off your challenges is like magic. Take a slow breath, hold it for two seconds, and then release it slowly. Do that 10 times while concentrating on the process.
1. Have a good laugh. Laughing is the perfect antidote to stress. You feel better physically and mentally after a good laugh. Keep a book of jokes handy or find a humor-related website for a quick wee pick-me-up. Stress is bad for your physical and mental health. You don’t have to suffer with stress. There are many ways 2. Meditate. Meditation is simple but requires prac- to combat the physical and mental effects that stress tice to be effective. Meditation and mindful- creates. Have a few tools that you can call upon when ness are both extremely popular topics. There you experience stress. With time, you’ll find the tools are many guides and books dedicated to these that work the best for you. topics, you’re sure to find an excellent resource. Moira Hutchison 3. Write in your journal. If you don’t have a journal, get one. A simple notebook works as well Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 as anything else. When you’re feeling anxious, www.WellnessWithMoira.com pull out your journal and write about your feelings. It might seem silly, but writing is an effective way to get negative thoughts out of your head. Try it and see how much better you feel. Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... 4. Go for a walk. All you need to take a walk is a The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the pair of shoes and perhaps an umbrella. Walking solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* is free, good for you, and a great way to beat hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign stress. Find a way to fit a couple of walks into up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!! your routine. You’ll be happy with the results.
Free Laughter Yoga Classes!
@ Le Patro Community Centre 40 Cobourg St., Ottawa, 7 - 8 pm.
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner
All are welcome. We laugh for Health & Happiness
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2017 sessions
For more info call Petra @ 343.883.0608 or visit us on Facebook Ottawa Laughter Club de Rire Ottawa http://www.laughteryoga.org/
Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com email@example.com
Escape the Winter Blues without Escaping the Country
aving recently discovered Persian lime, I can assure you that it doesn’t take a trip around the world to lighten your mood during these winter months! Citrus oils always lend a spark of sunshine into your day. Persian lime is like splitting open the rind of a delicious lime, sharp and fresh, unlike the other limes which tend to be sweeter (and there’s nothing wrong with that-who doesn’t love a green lollipop!). Bergamot is definitely a mood-enhancer. This lovely citrus oil is also a stress-reducer and through this characteristic, can promote a healthy sleep. Of course, there are many other plant-based oils that can be used to cheer us up anytime. You may have heard about baking an apple pie when selling a house. That is because the scents are inviting and happy. Foody scents like cinnamon, clove, cardamon and ginger are all warming aromas which can be used for the same
effect. Peppermint, spearmint, wintergreen and sweet birch are all oils that make one feel refreshed, revitalized and energized. What aromatherapists call ‘base’ oils, and I group into the spiritual category, can be used to promote calm. Frankincense has been used for centuries for this purpose. Rose is another oil that evokes pure happiness. It is a tonic for the heart in all ways. Sandalwood is another great oil to promote calm and relaxation, as is jasmine. Wondering about what these oils smell like? Come in to Planet Botanix: we have over 100 therapeutic grade essential oils to share! ©2017 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St in Centretown. She gives workshops on creating natural bodycare and has been creating natural bodycare for over eighteen years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic.
613.836.2355 • www.kaivalya.ca
Offices in Hull & Stittsville
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR: • EMOTIONAL/PHYSICAL PAIN • GRIEVING • RELATIONS • REGRESSIONS • WEIGHT • ADDICTIONS • STRESS • ENERGY LEVEL • HEALING THE PAST .
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
PH D. EASTERN PHILOSOPHY, NGH CERTIFIED HYPNOTIST, COACH, TEACHER
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali An ancient philosophy on a new perspective on life and on ourselves
Empower Your Life-Path!
hen I first read The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali over 40 years ago I felt that I had come home. I loved the clarity and depth, united with a pragmatic approach that still resonated thousands of years later. I lived in India for 15 years, studying and earning a PhD in eastern philosophy, focussing primarily on The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. I learned to read and write in Sanskrit and taught weekly classes in my little home perched in the Himalayas to a variety of westerners coming to India to have direct access to its wealth of wisdom. We had in-depth conversations, but perhaps more importantly, meditative experiences that opened our minds to our deepest truth and essence. I’m pleased to be offering monthly mini-retreats in Stittsville and would like to invite you to join. Undoubtedly you will get a new perspective on yourself and on life with the help of this ancient text. Fully relevant to our modern times, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali offer a practical and deeply mystical guidance. It is a timeless treasure. Content: The monthly mini-retreats will be comprised of 30 minutes of meditation, group discussion on selected sutras and then smaller group discussion to discuss, explore, share, feel and integrate the wisdom of sutras into our lives. We end the mini-retreat by sharing insight as a group. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is widely regarded as the authoritative text on yoga. It is a collection of aphorisms, outlining the eight limbs of yoga, exploring practice, detachment, meditation and freedom.
Sutra is a Sanskrit word that means thread. These threads of wisdom offer guideline for living a meaningful and purposeful life. Learn more about the sutras and Patanjali, the sage who wrote them, and the essential elements of yogic philosophy (effort, contemplation, meditation and nonattachment). The sutras serve as a spiritual and practical roadmap for navigating almost every aspect of life with greater equanimity and clarity. Cost: $20 per session: $120 + taxes = $135.60 (payment by cheque, cash, etransfer) Times: One Saturday a month from 2 to 4:30 pm in Stittsville (Ottawa). Recording: The guided meditations, based on meditation techniques of the sutras, will be recorded and emailed to you the next day. Prerequisite: An open heart and mind For more information contact Lynne Cardinal at 613.836.2355 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our web site: www.kaivalya.ca Lynne Cardinal holds client sessions in Hull and Stittsville. She has offered Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors for over 30 years. She is also a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. She has completed a 2 year training Timeless Wisdom Training with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation and Healing and Trauma work, and she has also trained with Diane Hamilton in Conflict Resolution and with Diana Martinez on Family Constellation.
For more information call 613.836.2355 or www.kaivalya.ca or email@example.com
Purpose vs. Obligation
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, RRC, CRC
was having a discussion with a friend recently about living our life on purpose versus living it from the vantage point of obligation. We both agreed that there are many times that we do things because we have to, like paying your bills, putting out the garbage, going to the in-laws for a family dinner, going to work or driving your kids to soccer practice. Fair enough, this is what life is all about and, to make it all work smoothly, we do these countless things. The issue as far as we were concerned was that, despite having to do these real-world obligations, was it at all possible that we could be in the diver’s seat when it came to designing the life that we wanted to have? The short answer was absolutely. Regardless of where you are today, you can create the life that you want. The key to this is to have a clear vision in your mind of what this looks like. When you get out of bed in the morning, are you feeling 100% pumped to meet all the challenges that you will face? Do you feel energized thinking about your goals and objectives? This is what it feels like to be living on purpose. You can effortlessly tap into an infinite amount of personal energy to accomplish your goals and dreams! And when you do this on a consistent basis, wonderful things start to happen to you. It all becomes fun as you see the positive momentum start to accelerate. As the new year approaches, maybe it’s time to do some reflection on what your purposeful life looks like.
Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
383 Parkdale Ave. Suite 105 Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4R4 www.inlineclinic.ca
Our Services: • Chiropractic • Deep Tissue Laser Therapy • Applied Kinesiology • Orthotics • Kinesiotherapy
• Massage Therapy • Shiatsu • Homeopathy • Gestalt and Art Therapy • Clinical Hypnotherapy
An exclusive TONE Magazine HOLIDAY OFFER! (Offer ends Feb. 28, 2018)
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 email@example.com 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location
FREE INITIAL APPOINTMENT Chiropractic/Deep Tissue Laser Therapy (value $100) FREE INITIAL APPOINTMENT Kinesiology- Body Diagnostic Assessment & Treatment (value $100) $30 off Initial Gestalt/Art Therapy Session $30 off Initial 60min Massage Therapy $30 off Initial Homeopathy Consultation
Contact us to book your appointments!
613 736 5200 firstname.lastname@example.org
Moments at sandhi – the twilight by Stewart
“There is a special, mysterious force or wonderful magnetic power at Sandhi or junction time (sunrise and sunset). The mind will be elevated quickly. It will be filled with Sattva. Concentration will come by itself without any effort at this time... At this time the mind is quite calm and refreshed. This is the time to catch the meditative wave.” Swami Sivananda nada – the sound Sacred sound surrounds our luminous being, as sacred light surrounds our luminous being. Sound and light are connected. Sound and light and silence are connected. Sound and light and silence and devotion are connected. Sound, light, silence, devotion are connected by Love. Without Love we don’t connect. The inner awakening is available to all searching beings through sacred sound, light, silence, devotion to Love; where we settle in peaceful existence, awakened to the stillness of our being. yoga – the union The divine universal energy of OM awaits our devotion. Through yoga we connect to the divine, we commune with the universe, we thrive in the energy of OM. Yoga prepares for OM. Yoga prepares our body for the mindfulness of meditation. In meditation we experience the universal energy of OM. In meditation we experience the silence of OM. In meditation we experience the stillness of OM. Through yoga we experience the meditation of OM, the universal, the sacred. pada – the path I often walked along the Pearl River, in Guangzhou, China and practiced the breath-walk, a rhythmic breathing. Three in breaths, three out breaths. Each breath in time with each step. What an invigorating walk! I would expand the breathing to four, then five, then six, then eight. Eight was the extent of an extended expanded breath for myself. A variation of
Rupa (Ivy) Hatha Yoga Yin Yoga Meditation Teacher Training www.wishingtreeyoga.ca my walk included, a full audible breath for the inhale www.wishingtreeyoga.ca and a full audible OM for the exhale. What a perfect way to practice breath, mantra and full body weight movement, by walking along a distance of a path along a river. OM Stewart is a Yoga instructor, and leads Sound Meditations and Kirtan at Wishingtree Yoga. Stewart and Rupa (Ivy) are co-founders of Wishingtree Yoga. Rupa has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom. Living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. Join Rupa and Stewart for an unforgettable journey towards Self-realization. The experience will give an understanding of Yoga’s amazing scientific knowledge and provide practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat! It is all about your SELF. Free Teacher Training Information Session: Saturday, Dec. 9, 1:00-2:00pm For more information, visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Dana M. Moore
email@example.com danamoore.net 613-237-5229
Touch of Light
Restoring Body, Mind & Soul
Seasonal Affective Disorder Riverside Acupuncture (SAD) and Acupuncture & Wellness Center By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
easonal Affective Disorder, or SAD, is a type of depression that follows a seasonal pattern, starting in the fall and continuing through the winter, sapping energy and making a person feel moody. Symptoms can include depression, changes in appetite (in particular a craving for sweet or starchy foods), weight gain, decreased energy, fatigue, a tendency to oversleep, difficulty concentrating, irritability, avoidance of social situations, feelings of anxiety and despair, loss of interest in activities, and a heavy or leaden feeling in the arms and legs. These symptoms generally disappear when spring arrives. SAD may be caused by changes to the body’s circadian rhythms, a change in serotonin levels (which affect mood), and a change in melatonin levels (which affect our sleep patterns and moods). It is important to be aware of our sensitivities to the seasons and to adjust our habits and lifestyle accordingly in order to be able to live an enjoyable and productive life year-round. There are many things that we can do to relieve SAD or winter blues, and the best approach seems to be combining the things that work for you.
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-834-8896
Steve (Eun Kyu) Ryu, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA) Specialized in...
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106
• Infertility • IVF Support For appointments call • Menopausal Syndrome 613-863-6906 • Women's Health www.freewebs.com/newlifeacu • Allergies • Pain Relief www.acupunctureottawa.com Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
People with SAD can benefit from spending some time outdoors every day, even for just a short duration and even in cloudy weather. Arranging the home or office for maximum sunlight such as keeping the curtains open, pruning back trees in the fall, and sitting near a window can help. Exercise is also very effective for relieving SAD, and daily exercise has been shown to relieve the symptoms of mild depression. Exercising in the morning may also help to regulate our bodies’ melatonin levels. Light therapy is also a common treatment for SAD, and involves daily exposure to a special type of bright, artificial light. Acupuncture is a very effective option for treating SAD. Depression, anxiety, SAD, and other mood disorders respond very well to acupuncture, as do symptoms such as insomnia, low energy, irritability, and concentration. Because of acupuncture’s stress-relieving and relaxing effects, people suffering from SAD will often feel immediate relief following treatment. Winter is a natural time for reflection and inactivity and we need take extra care to nurture ourselves at this time in order to maintain our health. Avoiding overworking and too much stress, increasing our exposure to light, monitoring our diet, sleep patterns and exercise levels are important for all of us.
Indian Head Massage For Women or Children Carve out well-deserved “me time” Enjoy relaxation with possible health benefits By appointment only, Marie Smith, B.A. B.Ed. Certified Practitioner, IHM @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
4 Simple Rules to Hypnotic Weight Loss
rotocol number 4, is when you feel satisfied, stop. That’s it. If that’s all you did consistently through your life, you’d lose all the weight you needed and pretty much most of your issues around food would be fixed on some level. Now, if there’s a bunch of emotion bubbling underneath it, you might need to come to a hypnotist to have him to help you work with it. But if you just implemented those four things you wouldn’t need a trainer, you wouldn’t need that miracle pill, you wouldn’t need that super expensive gym membership. That would self-correct most of the problems, unless you have a lot of underlying issues there. So, you’re probably going to need to watch this video again. I do speak a bit fast. I’m very passionate when I make these videos. Maybe you need to take a pen and paper. Here’s a quick recap. Four protocols to lose weight, to release weight rapidly. Number one, when you’re hungry, tummy hungry not head hungry, eat. Number two, eat what you want, not what you think you should eat. Again, if you’ve been told, “No I can’t eat cheesecake, too much carbs, too much fat,” but there’s broccoli there and you don’t like it, but you want the cheesecake, eat the cheesecake. Just don’t eat the whole damn cheesecake. All right? Moderation. That’s number two.
Number three, eat consciously. What does that mean? Chew your food 20 or 30 times. If it’s a Slurpee...well, no, you shouldn’t be drinking Slurpees. If it’s a smoothie, take a sip, put it down. You know what I mean, 20 to 30 times. Put your knife and fork down between every bite. If it’s appropriate, close your eyes when you eat. Always leave a bit of food on your plate that you can eat later, or you can give away. It doesn’t necessarily have to be waste. And also, just be conscious when you eat. Turn off the cell phone. Turn off the Facebook. Close the laptop, the tablet. Turn off the TV. Close the newspaper. Close the book. Turn down the radio unless it’s very peaceful, relaxing music. And number four, when you feel satisfied, stop. Read this artile again again, pick up the points. Run with it. If this is all that you do, this will help you selfcorrect most of your problems without even needing to come and see me or a hypnotist. When I work with people around weight I go into these in more in detail with them and I help to really pull out those weeds and negative emotions that have been there which have caused people to overeat and have unresolved things. But that’s another video for another day. Always Believe, Luke Michael Howard PhD, Clinical Hypnotist Toronto Hypnosis www.LUKEnosis.com
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
Our World is Burning:
My Views on Mindful Engagement
You can order “Our World Is Burning” ($19.95) and receive one FREE autographed copy of New Planet New World; or Redemption; or Trailing Sky Six Feathers; or Failsafe; or Meditation CD as a thank you. Indicate which item you would like, though it depends on inventory what can be sent. http://ianprattis.com/OurWorldIsBurning.html • Jacqueline Schoemaker Holmes, PhD Dr. Ian Prattis is a visionary and leader in the world of engaged Buddhism. This book reads like an invitation. Ian provides what we need in troubled times – clear guidance, practical steps to take, and a warm and open hand in a world that so many fear is becoming too cold and distant. Ian’s writing gifts us with the impossibly perfect teachings of interconnection and heart opening. In this book, Ian makes an excellent contribution to existing commentary on world change and inspires action through the wisdom of his engaging story-telling. • Jim Ebaugh, Founder of Water in the Wave Community Dr. Prattis has been a voice, a teacher, a passionate advocate for the earth and all her species for decades and long before the word eco-dharma entered our vocabulary. His books transcend time and space. Ian Prattis was at the forefront of awakening to the threat that climate change posed to our home and our mother – the Earth. Ian’s books are a creative, imaginative read as we struggle to find a new paradigm for our culture – away from
rampant, unfettered consumerism and global corporate oligarchies demanding ever increasing short term profits at the expense of earth and all her species. Prattis leads the way in this collection of essays. • Peggy Lehmann, Author and Medium Ian’s essays on mindful engagement are an overview of a lifetime’s work that started with a younger version of himself and a goal of saving the world. Through his books Redemption, Trailing Sky Six Feathers, and New Planet, New World readers saw glimpses of the man and his message both evolving and growing to new levels of spiritual understanding. At a time on earth when hope is badly needed, Ian’s essays have universal appeal, assuring us that a better world is possible and that each of us must contribute to its creation. • Melissa Studdard, Author and Poet Amidst the fear, greed, and pain of our burning world, there is a cool garden where you can recover hope for posterity and cultivate your best life. Ian Prattis’ words are one of the surest pathways to that garden. Both analytically rigorous and fearlessly honest, this book is a must read for anyone asking, “What can I do?” • Anita Rizvi, Therapist Dr. Ian Prattis, with the vision of a Prophet, the heart of a Buddha and the mind of a master Story Teller, offers a timely gift to humanity as our poisoned collective psyche, reflected in the deterioration of our ecosystem, is poised to burn on the pyre of global consumption…. In the midst of it all... a Teacher has come... Now, pick up a copy of Our World is Burning and watch evil leave the room.
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Limit One per customer Redeemable Tuesdays only $40.00 per treatment, one hour only. Contact Sonja Muller, Deep Tissue Therapist and Teacher of Massage Tel: 613-795-4583 * Present coupon for specials, no exceptions. Expiry June 1, 2018
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Timeless Creators by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
umans seem to give a lot of emphasis to ‘time’. Time defines a lot. As we come to the end of 2017, we may even fear running out of time. But we are actually most creative and powerful when time-less. Maintaining a physical body in material reality can keep us busy. But if we get caught in time, it’s a function of the imbalanced energies of the 3D lower ego mind. It’s linear, fearful, scarcity thinking that keeps us racing against time. It’s exhausting to chase down future time, thinking it’s going to give us more of anything – it’s misdirecting our faith. Beyond time it’s quite different. It’s eternal and infinite Universal Creation. It’s spiral energy. From ‘now’ exists all possibilities. Our relationship with time has been changing to this, and we can access this still point if we commit to aligning with our Eternal Self. Rather than focus on time, we can bring our highest expression to create, flow, and serve. Each person is a vessel for embodying the frequency activations in the macrocosm for humanity’s return to Unity. We are the Breath of God. With daily acts of love we neutralize the 3D polarities. Our time then is completely supported by an authentic creativity more powerful than any one moment of zero point, for we are sustained in that connection to Source at all times. This is what is taking us forward into the next Universe. Humans are sacred creators and our GodSource Within is the only power in all alchemy. This capacity can never be destroyed, but we may need to acknowledge, nurture and trust it.
Are you accepting yourself? I specialize in freeing you from stubborn, limiting patterns. 12-dimensional clearing healing the root cause. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
It’s not about time. In truth, our life force is our Light and our love. Our peace is in no-time. By natural design we’re always able to expand our consciousness. This is as God would have it be. For the full article visit www.MelindaUrban.com 17 yrs. experience: intuitive energy education, counselling, healing & multi-dimensional ascension clearing intelligently purposed for Indigos/Starseeds, young and older. Copyright 2017 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
2 Beechwood Ave, Unit 103, Ottawa, ON K1L 8L9 Phone: 613-746-8821
We use 100% Natural Organic Shea Butter for Massage Therapy and Hot Stone Massage and we use Natural Body Sugaring & Body Exfoliation products. Matnik Therapeutic Spa is a Health and Wellness Spa providing Best in Class Massage Therapy sessions, Body Sugaring and Waxing in Ottawa. We offer a wide variety of natural organic products and Holistic services to enhance the beauty of your skin AND Heal your Body & Soul!
PATHWORK Open Lecture Discussions 2017-18 Saint Paul University
233 Main St, follow signs to room
Jan 17/18, Feb 21, Mar 21, Apr 18, May 16, 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation, $15 ~ $5 for members
Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 All welcome Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org
Enjoy a pure organic Himalayan Crystal Salt foot and hand soak with your beautifying Manicure and Pedicure treatment. (Bio Gel available) Other services include: facials for all skin types, micro-dermabrasion, Electrolysis, Energy healing, Aromatherapy, Acupressure and more. 25% off on Mondays for select services! Please call.
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Chinmoy Answers Oral Health is Now Essential Sri Question: How can I overcome my fear of the loss or change of things I am attached to? for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com firstname.lastname@example.org
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
SRI CHINMOY: When things change, fear does come. Only if we love God in His own Way can we remove this fear. We have to say, “God, You know what is best for me, what is best for the members of my family, what is best for everybody.” If you can increase your love for God, then you will see that God is doing everything and will do everything for your good. The problem is that fear remains with us because we always think that everything has to be done in our own way. But if we can become one with God’s Way, there is no fear at all because we see God inside every change in our lives. We know He is doing everything for us, for our family, for everybody. When God’s Way becomes our way, then fear leaves us and we become infinitely happier than we were when we wanted to have joy in our own way. Do not think of fear, but think of your own faith in God, your own love for God. If we leave everything up to God, then God gives us what is necessary in order for us to make progress. As soon as we separate our individual will from God’s universal Will, fear comes because we become responsible for our own desires. We wonder, “Will my desire be fulfilled? How can it be fulfilled?” You have to place fear itself at God’s Feet and not try to deal with it with your mind. Right now, you say, “Oh, I am afraid! I have to do this, I have to do that.” But when you do this or that, you see that fear is still there. You are changing your process to conquer fear, but it does not work. When fear has come into you, very gladly and very powerfully place it at the Feet of God. Then God will take away your fear and replace it with His Light to work in and through your life. Visit www.srichinmoy.org for further writings by Sri Chinmoy
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
A Meaningful Gift this Season of Giving By: Avegaile Calzado
he season of giving inspires many people to practice generosity towards others, either volunteering to serve those in need, donating to charities, buying gifts for their family and friends, or spending time with their loved ones. What would it be like if people extend this practice of generosity towards themselves? How about you, what gift would you give yourself? What gift could you give so that you can honour your authentic self and in doing so, be even more generous to others?
I’d like to offer you this simple practice: • Choose a private, tidy area in your home that feels calm to you. Minimize any distractions, e.g., turn your phone on silent, put a “do not disturb” sign on the door, etc. Have your art supplies, journal and pen within reach. “We will discover the nature of our particular genius when we stop trying to conform to our own or to other people’s models, learn to be ourselves, and allow our natural channel to open.” — Shakti Gawain
• Begin in a seated position with the buttocks on the floor. Cross the legs, placing the feet directly below the knees. If the knees are off the floor and there is discomfort, sit on a cushion or a yoga block to prop yourself up and place supports under the knees as needed. Rest the backs of the hands on the knees, palms facing up. • Press the hipbones down into the floor and intend the crown of the head up to lengthen the spine. Drop the shoulders down and back, and open the chest. • Relax the face, jaw, and belly. Let the tongue rest on the roof of the mouth, just behind the front teeth. Close your eyes and focus on your breath, inhaling and exhaling deeply through the nose. Simply observe the thoughts that come to mind then let them go without getting entangled in them. When your mind starts to wander, bring your attention back to your breath. Stay in this pose for as long as comfortable, allowing the stillness to deepen. • Open your eyes, place the palm of your right hand on the heart centre, acknowledge yourself for making some time to nurture your body, mind, and spirit. • Reflect on the thoughts that came to mind while you were in the seated position. We’re you thinking specific thoughts? Why did these thoughts come up? How did they make you feel? • Write down, draw, or paint your answers. Do not be concerned about any techniques or the final product. Just allow yourself to acknowledge your thoughts and feelings. Repeat this practice as often as you can (daily or weekly). Be open to what you may discover about yourself -- which may just be a meaningful gift! Namaste! Avegaile Calzado, M.A., RYT, offers wellness seminars, workshops, and retreats. For more information, please visit: www.prajna-centre.ca or contact her directly at: email@example.com
Relax your mind. Energize your body. Connect with yourself. Join me for a body and mind wellness seminar, workshops or retreat. My approach combines yoga, meditation, and expressive arts as tools for self-awareness, self-care, and personal development.
M.A., Communication, Registered Yoga Teacher
www.prajna-centre.ca | 613-262-4223 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our healing space Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Searching for a meaningful gift? Give the gift of Health! Gift Certificates are available from our individual practitioners via their websites or emails. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops. Helene Arts, MA Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details. Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot card reader (bilingual). Welcome autumn with a fresh start and experience a rejuvenating Reiki session. Reiki Master/instructor and Tarot card reader/clairvoyant. I provide ½ hour or 1 hour sessions. Available Friday nights from 6 till 9, please feel free to contact the store or email jureiki@ hotmail.com for an appointment or walk-in. Courtney Taylor - Intuitive Counsellor and Psychic Medium. Owner of Gratitude Secrets. With a background in Social Work & psychic abilities, Courtney provides a unique experience for clientele. Clearing the energy of every client worked with, she provides insight on love,
S TA R T Y O U R Y E A R O F F R I G H T ! O U R O P E N H O U S E I S J A N UA RY 2 1
301 Bank St., Ottawa, ON • 613-567-4444 • email@example.com Tarot • Reiki • Astrology • Energy Healing... Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic career and life path. She has helped hundreds of clients world wide live a more meaningful life with gratitude. Patty Chevalier Samm Patty is a medical intuitive, ThetaHealing Instructor and Reiki Master. While looking at physical issues, limiting beliefs and thoughts, and blocks in the flow of life-force energy, Patty works intuitively with you to create change for the body, mind and spirit. Individual sessions and workshops are available. Visit www. keyahealth.com Enrique Astorga RMT BA - Massage Therapy, Energy healing and Tarot readings. Healing and Restoration. An intuitive facilitator, Enrique integrates a wide variety of techniques into his treatments in order to trigger the body’s subtle energies and self-healing mechanisms into action. Each session is as unique as the person. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 11- 6 pm “Anastasia” - Colour, Sound and Transformational Healing, Reiki, Tarot/Angel Readings. Bring your questions and concerns! In an intuitive and relaxing environment, Anastasia gains clarity and a deeper understanding towards reaching your holistic optimum potential, overcoming problems, health and wellbeing. Available at Planet Botanix on Saturdays 10am-6pm. Visit: www.anastasiape777.wixsite.com/ angelhealings for information or book appointment.
We welcome another great practitioner to our wellness team:
Ambreen Ihsanullah MEd, Empathic Intuitive Counselling “Your Roots to Branches Counselling Services” Humanistic Wholistic Integrative Spiritual Psychology “Supporting you in getting to the root of the matter” Individuals Couples Groups and Families welcome www.ambreen.ca; Info@ambreen.ca FB-yourrootstobranchescounsellingservices. Call for a consultation 613 421-9277 or see me at my Planet Botanix office Wednesdays 10:00 am-6:00 pm I bring seventeen years of psychotherapy training in multiple modalities combined with clairvoyance, energy and spiritual healing including shamanic practice and esoteric arts such as palmistry astrology and numerology and therapeutic aromatherapy to personalised counselling sessions to meet your healing, personal growth and transformation requirements. I am a passionate people person with a loving nature and an open heart and mind. From my early teens, people have talked to me about their most intimate issues— friends, acquaintances and strangers alike. People gravitate to me and intuitively I have always known how to support the individual on his or her journey. Teaching and Counselling teenagers for over thirty years has kept me honest, self reflective and increasingly empathic about our humanity.
Tis the season to be busy! Are you happy?
This was a big, thick wall! It was a time when I had to make substantial changes in order to get my energy and stamina back. One choice after another I kept asking myself, ‘how will this affect my well-being?’ and by Louise Lalande, coCreations worked from there. One of my decisions was to pursue yoga classes y the time Christmas came around I was usually and about ten years later, meditation. They made me exhausted and couldn’t even enjoy my dearest feel calm and supported. I wasn’t busy trying to figure friends and family. out what everyone else was doing in his or her garden You know it well, December is a time when more or busy with a gargantuan to do list. I was perfectly tasks get added to our already long list, personal and content where I was, and, as if I brought back a bouquet work get-togethers intensify and all too many things from the garden, those feelings stayed with me through feel overwhelming. If you’re finding yourself longing the day. for more quiet time, you’re not alone. I’m not always in the mood for gardening but with It took me a while to figure out what I could change gentle enticement to get going, once started, the flowers to make December responsibilities more efficient, but are always welcoming. And then, weeding comes most of all it took courage and persistence to learn naturally as I wish the best for the plants. how to say no. After you hit a wall (which I have on a There are as many types of gardens as there are number of occasions!), you tend to have more resolve gardeners. Every one of us has a unique way of doing to look for openings. In time I found an entrance to a things, and has individual preferences for plants, trees garden which implanted generosity through the act and flowers. There are numerous styles of yoga and self-care and meditation. meditation and it is for each one of us to find what suits At first I didn’t know I had a garden. I was so busy us best. running around I became engulfed in completing my When I meditate, even if people or events are difficult tedious lists with exasperating high expectations of during the day, reminiscing about my garden I can perfection. react to whatever is going on in ways that will bring In an effort to get my attention my body kept positivity and light to any situation. In a way, it’s like sending stronger messages until blatant anxiety attacks emanating the gardens’ most precious floral scents: a came. My heart would race, my breathing would get subtle substance that can shift the mood, the process, shallower, and my mind and body would be filled with and the outcome. uncontrollable untargeted fear. Life is rich and nothing in the world can buy peace or happiness. Being alive is incredible. Being in the flow, in harmony with life, is what brings on renewal and inspiration. Two decades of yoga and years of meditation have convinced me that the most important place to learn from is from within. Looking at our priorities and our values is what enables us to make healthy and loving choices. When we’re happy and healthy, we are better equipped to help others as make the world a better place. The essence of the season is love and the January 10 - April 4, 2018 celebration of life. So this Christmas season take time to care of yourself; engage in $ 450.00 activities that rejuvenate you, find ways to reduce your to do list, and, one step at the Wednesdays, 6:30 - 9:30pm time, this season will be more jolly! Louise is passionate about helping Mandala &Chakra Workshops in 2018 women express their full potential Coaching and private events available through artPlay workshops that retrieve innate wisdom and creativity. She is the only accredited Artist’s Way facilitator teaching in Canada, coach, artist and reiki practitioner. For more information she can be reached at 613.315.2030.
Our Kids Are Struggling
hey are acting out at school with greater intensity and frequency. They are anxious and depressed. They are cutting. Some of our kids are dying. Even those kids who seem to be doing well (respectively) are reporting greater stress and pressure than any generation before. Why is this happening to our kids? Is it too much screen time? Is it social media? Is it their self esteem? Lots of us want to help. Parents try to communicate with their kids. They look to professionals for advice and guidance. Teachers work tirelessly to meet the unique needs of each student that shows up in their classroom. They offer support during and after school: both academic and emotional, knowing that supporting the latter is the ONLY way to improve the former. Although these efforts are helpful in some cases, the research and statistics will show that these supports have not been enough to change the negative trajectory of mental health in children and teens in this country. It’s safe to say the external environment surrounding these kids and the associated pressures aren’t going to change anytime soon. Maybe then we need to start looking for solutions from another angle. Is there a way to build resilience? To encourage that Growth Mindset we hear so much about? Can we equip our kids with tools and strategies to help them feel better? Can we help them train their brains to be healthy and adaptable? My experience tells me we can. Decades of working in the health and fitness industry and have afforded me the opportunity to walk the path to health and wellness with many clients. One thing I
know for sure is this: just as we cannot expect drastic change in muscle strength or body composition in one training session, nor can we expect greatly improved emotional fortitude without dedicated practice. I have worked with people of all ages, in their homes and mine, to build up their bodies AND their minds. My goal is to bring this mental fitness to a wider audience who stand to benefit greatly: our kids. My Mindfully Fit program is just that: fitness for the mind. Through gentle movement, meditation and coaching, the program is designed to support students to develop healthy mental habits so they can maximize their potential. There is no shortage of documentation in the fields of psychology, education and neuroscience to support the benefits of mindfulness. More specifically, research is pointing to positive effects on well-being, social and academic skills. Through Mindfully Fit, students will learn and practice recognizing sources, or triggers of stress and anxiety in their environment. Perhaps even more importantly, they will practice selfregulation strategies to cope with stress and anxiety in their daily lives. Mindfully Fit can be customized and differentiated based on the unique needs of the group. The great educator Maya Angelou once said: “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better” Let’s teach our kids what they need to know, so they can do what they need to do, to feel better. Visit Personalizedfitness.ca/mindfullyfit to learn more about bringing Mindfully Fit to your school.
Visit Ottawa’s Newest Online Holistic Directory at AwakeningOttawa.com by Daniel Giuseppe Mauro ttawa is emerging into a planetary energy centre with its own unique vibration and spiritual mission. In awakening towards its future destiny, our Nation’s Capital has the potential to serve as a spiritual hub for Canada and a consciousness leader on the world stage. It’s poised to become a spiritual mecca, wherein seekers far and wide will visit here for spiritual nourishment, advanced healing, and consciousness innovations. The seeds of an energetic blueprint were planted on our sacred grounds long ago and now the conscious co-creative work to activate that blueprint begins. AwakeningOttawa.com was created in order to embody the many facets of Ottawa-Gatineau’s ongoing spiritual emergence.
Traffic is Soaring on Awakening Ottawa’s Holistic Directory Launched officially in June 2017, AwakeningOttawa.com is an exciting NEW web portal that integrates all things holistic, healing, and heart centered in Canada’s Capital. It’s meant to highlight all of the amazing initiatives, events, activities — and most importantly — the diverse Wayshowers supporting Ottawa’s spiritual awakening. Are you an energy healer, life coach, body worker, intuitive guide, holistic nutritionist, yoga instructor, spiritual author, or health-wellness practitioner looking to expand your client base or gain more visibility online? You may want to consider listing your products, services, and offerings on Awakening Ottawa’s Online Holistic Directory. As of October 2017, traffic to the web portal began to accelerate. In the third week of November, the site received some 1450 page views and 280 (unique) visitors; and it’s increasing weekly! Traffic originates from a variety of organic sources: (1) Live multimedia presentations and radio interviews; (2) 1-on-1 calls to local practitioners; (3) Participation in local expos (Live the Smart Way); (4) The Awakening Ottawa Alliance Fan Page; and (5) Monthly Awakening Ottawa newsletters. Shortly after our second newsletter, the AO web portal received 500 page views in a single day! Almost 50% of page views are being directed towards the Holistic Directory, which now boasts 10 different subdirectories: everything from healthy eating, natural
beauty products, and practitioners, to yoga centres, holistic clinics, and wellness shops. We anticipate the portal will eventually go viral. Indeed, AwakeningOttawa.com is poised to become Ottawa’s one-stop shop for all things related to spirituality, healing, peace building, and cocreative community collaboration. Our Latest Offerings at AwakeningOttawa.com There are 3 exciting Awakening Ottawa updates that we anticipate will further boost traffic to the site. The AO web portal has a new Events Calendar where anyone can post events with detailed descriptions, a clickable events page, and google map directions. In late January 2018 we’re launching an upgraded Graphical Events Calendar; it will integrate a dynamic search feature whereby web visitors can locate workshops, meet-ups, expos, and presentations within a targeted domain of interest (for example: sound healing, mindfulness, yoga classes, brain health, crystals, peace retreats.) In November, we created the Awakening Ottawa Alliance Facebook Fan page. This will be our primary social media presence featuring livestreams, videos, community engagement, and relevant updates. Coming in December 2017, the Ottawa Holistic Entrepreneur Podcast will feature weekly audio interviews with diverse solopreneurs from the Ottawa-Gatineau region: Individuals who are creating innovative content, empowering clients, pioneering new initiatives, and basically making our Nation’s Capital a better place to live. Our intention with this podcast is to offer cutting-edge information from a broad range of spiritual and health-wellness topic areas while highlighting the specialized talents of holistic entrepreneurs, conscious business owners, spiritual innovators, and high integrity healers. Receive 3 Gifts When you Subscribe to the Holistic Directory in December If you’re looking to list your services on the AO Holistic Directory, now would be the perfect time. From December 1 thru December 22, we’re offering 3 bonus incentives for anyone who chooses a one year subscription on any of the holistic subdirectories.
2018 Women’s & Men’s Zodiac Bracelets by Ravinder Kaur
ince the Precession of the Equinox in 2012, humanity has experienced many challenging seasons. Every human being has been living with both ups and downs - consciously or unconsciously - because of what is happening on the planet. We all need a little support! In October of this year, Spirit urged me to co-create bracelets and crystal essences for 2018. These pieces were to embody three primary properties: astrological, numerological, and anchoring. Reflecting how all numbers have an astrological component, I was given crystals that are beneficial for each zodiac sign. The number of each crystal was of utmost importance. 2018 will be somewhat more gentle than 2017, a kind of celebration if you will. The numbers I was shown to use were 2, 9, and 11. The number 2 is primarily about duality and free choice. We learn who we are by defining who we are not. 2 brings higher levels of discernment which allow us to listen to the calling of our Soul. A 9 marks the end of a paradigm, a sort of graduation. 9 masters the mystery by reflecting what
First, you’ll receive 3 months of FREE event postings on the calendar page. A wonderful opportunity to highlight your workshops, presentations, teachings (or even a book launch). Second, you’ll receive 20% Off regular monthly rates while locking into a lower fixed rate (when prices increase in 2018). Third (and this one is optional) — you can redeem 75% OFF one High Performance Brain Course Bundle of your choice. These digital course bundles contain collections of beautiful, professionally edited video programs encompassing five Brain Optimizing themes: (1) Triple Brain Balance; (2) Synchronize; (3) Protect Your Brain; (4) Creative Flow; (5) Relax & Revitalize. When you subscribe to the Holistic Directory before DEC 22, the 4-course Brain Health Bundles (value = $197) are available for the price of a single course ($49), while the 3-course bundles (value = $147) are less than the cost of a single course ($37). Each bundle comes with a money back guarantee so you’ll have 30 days to peruse the content risk free. Visit: bit.ly/ BrainHealthBundles (case sensitive) to see which bundle captures your interest. In order to access the 75% OFF promo, enter discount code: HOLISTIC. This Brain Health promotion is only valid with a yearly subscription to the AO Holistic Directory. We look forward to having you onboard the directory and helping your holistic business flourish! If you’d like more information, feel free to contact AwakeningOttawa@gmail.com
is, not how things appear to be. It’s a humanitarian number. With it we naturally smooth the path for others. Finally, 11 represents mastery of illumination. It’s the active embodiment of humility and compassion, flowing positively into any moment or situation with grace and effectiveness. Supported by this influence, you will become a living demonstration of a conscious collaboration with the Creator. I use genuine gemstones and crystals in my pieces. Upon completion, each is placed on a Himalayan Salt Lamp for 25 hours. Then it’s charged with the energies I described above. Finally, I bless them with a prayer. Enhanced with these steps and backed by this awareness, your Zodiac Bracelet will help you feel aligned to your Higher Self, anchored to Gaia and activated to be a beacon of Light for others. May 2018 be the beginning of a new paradigm in which we truly “Look at Others and Love Them!” And So It Is! For more information and to place your order, please email Ravinder at firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact email@example.com SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or email@example.com. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. OTTAWA GURDJIEFF STUDY GROUP www.gurdjieffottawa.ca For those wishing to connect with the teaching and practice of G.I. Gurdjieff and the possibilities for man’s inner development, we invite you to join us on Friday evenings. Phone 613-746-6547 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• People NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
• Akashic Records TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/patriciavlacroix SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE: naturopathic doctor, healing groups, weekly meditation, nature programs, retreats, natural products, workshop and therapy spaces in beautiful nature 35 min NW of Ottawa. www.ecowellness.com, 613-839-1198
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa.
ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Consistent, accurate, clinical results; food, supplements.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological
counseling and over 30 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259.
Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
JUDY JIBB, Astrologer, Ottawa http://tworeeds.ca/Two_Reeds/Judy_Jibb.htm MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016) Cert.F.Astrol.S.(1986) email@example.com 613 304 4255
KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist firstname.lastname@example.org or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com
EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aura Healing RELEASING PAIN AT THE SOURCE. Home visit. Beau, 613-422-5606
SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613-415-1139 marieamram. email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Bette@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-722-4249. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing Circa 1894 - 3 guest rooms, renovated church. Use of Spa facilities (extra fee) - 3 Tubs; Finnish, NIR, FAR Infra-red saunas; Reiki. 613-259-9988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond.
THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minute Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Children ICU-INSPIRING CHILDREN UNIVERSALLY – Learning to read blindfolded consciously connects children connect to their Spirit to become happier, confident & academically successful – Karen Osborne - firstname.lastname@example.org www.ascensionhealing.ca.
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636.
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181
DIRECTORY CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling. com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120.
LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 firstname.lastname@example.org ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe, supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 email@example.com CECILIA TAIANA Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Crystals CRYSTAL SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS | 2-Yr Training in Crystal-Shamanic Healing: evolved training in the ancient arts | Karen Osborne | email@example.com | 613470-1888 | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist PAMELA HOLM, Registered Psychotherapist, Cert. Music Therapist. Expressive and receptive methods of healing. Spiritually oriented. Children through seniors. Range of issues and conditions. www.DeepSoulSinging.com and Deep Soul Energetics. 613-829-1556. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for selfhealing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
DIRECTORY • Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com
VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987 ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-5651919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Care NURSING FOOT CARE - IN HOME OR IN CLINIC. Sterilized individually packaged tools, best practices in clinical assessment, infection control, privacy and technologies. Pampered Mani/Pedi, advanced & diabetic Most insurance up to 80% & Veterans 100% SoftSoles.ca 613-621-0012 email@example.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Screen for toxic metals & nutritional deficiencies. HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: email@example.com
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healer INTUITIVE HEALING SPECIALIST NOW IN OTTAWA Physical, Mental, Psychological, Emotional, Past lives, Body, Mind, Spirit, Soul cleanse, Fears, Pain management. email@example.com 613 821 4809
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism THE BEST OF NATURE’S CERTIFIED HERBALIST, Miranda V Martel. Herbal Services: Herbal Spa treatments, Consultations for Balancing Health, Workshops, Walks and Remedies www. thebestofnature.ca Call: 705-561-5365 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
DIRECTORY • Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org MARIETTE is a certified, clinical master hypnotist with NGH trained by Sheila Granger. www.yourinnerself.ca
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within. ca PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 email@example.com. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com
THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com
KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Intuitive Readings INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. email@example.com (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
DIRECTORY • Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location
- Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. HERBAL MASSAGE Lætitia Béguin RMT, ND, herbologist. Pain, nervous system, skin disorder. 39 Dalhousie, Aylmer www.herbesspa.ca. (819) 332-4048
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info.
SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Lotus Born Wellness Centre: 1226A Wellington W. WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Weekly mindfulness practice, discussion & tea.
• Metabolic Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Monitor your health with saliva & urine analysis.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
• Nature Programs CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Ridgewoods preschool; summer & PD day camps
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Dr. Marcin Padlewski N.D. general practice; monthly patient groups with Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. Hair analysis, food & supplement testing, metabolic test.
DIRECTORY • Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Organic Bedding CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Volunteer opportunities & share produce
• Organic Gardening CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca,
email@example.com, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at email@example.com or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR
CATHERINE BASTEDO, HOLOGRAPHIC-USUI & KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, RT-CRA, ICRT. Personalized classes in English or French; Reiki Master/ Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Spiritual Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com 819-918-3436. firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com
DIRECTORY KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Master - Circa 1894 Day Spa, Lanark. Use of tubs/saunas included. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with firstname.lastname@example.org
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. email@example.com CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Supervised or selfdirected retreats in beautiful countryside, yurt, cabin or tents. CHARMING RURAL RETREAT COTTAGE NEAR WAKEFIELD. Couples/individuals. Clean, equipped. Year round. Minimum one month. For details text 819-328-3705.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Shamanism CRYSTAL-SHAMANIC HEALING SESSIONS for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Training in Crystal Shamanic-Healing: evolved training in the ancient Arts | Karen Osborne 613-470-1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 email@example.com www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
SELF-RENEWAL & SOUL-CARE through belief-triage subtle energy healing system by Diane Oliver, Urban-Elder 613261-1602 firstname.lastname@example.org. www.Dignity101.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Social Media Management NEED HELP MANAGING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA? Get customized graphics and posts for your social accounts. Grow your online presence and appear more professional online! Contact us of find out more, www.etruemedia. com, email@example.com, 613-794-3264
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks, chimes and other sound healing instruments to create a relaxing experience. Individual sessions and group meditations. Julie 613-254-8469.
Hot Tubs; Cold Tub; NIR, FAR, Finnish Saunas; Oxygen Therapy; iHeart monitoring (measures internal age). Hourly/Daily. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca
DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-355-1832
HOLY FIRE REIKI treatments and courses with Martha St. Pierre. 613-422-7286; ladymjs50@ hotmail.com; holyfirereikiottawa.ca
RUPERT- Occult self help sliding scaletarot i ching and various oracles past lives,divining and shaping the future
astrology, GBLTT counselling, homeopathic aphrodisiacs -frigidity and impotence schizophrenia. email email@example.com
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
DIRECTORY • Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
Learn to “UNFOLD THE MYSTERY” with Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones. To receive training in her inspiring Spiritpainting method, register at www.spiritpainting.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, email@example.com, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Thermography Breast Imaging CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Video Promo GET A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO PROMO so you can speak face-to-face with more people at once and continue to help others on their journey while growing your business. Contact us today to learn more! www.etruemedia.com, email@example.com, 613-794-3264
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
JUDY JIBB, Tarotist and Astrologer, Ottawa http://tworeeds.ca/Two_Reeds/Judy_Jibb.htm email@example.com 613 304 4255
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thai Massage BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
• Personals SEEKING “NEW AGE” FRIENDSHIP Mature woman with physical limitations seek others for get-togethers, chats, walks, shopping, crafts, and so on. Mya 613-721-1551
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778
QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com
REV. PATRICIA ROSE. Call/Text: 613-2978960. Or visit: www.allseasonsweddings.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Healing the December Blues
s the days creep towards the darkness of the December Solstice we can find ourselves struggling with mood and motivation. The sun seems to have a pull on us, to get us outside, get us moving and feeling optimistic. These longer nights have us staying inside, sedentary and often alone with our thoughts. It can be a challenging time for anyone who tends to avoid their inner life by being busy. Get outside - Nature therapy is a thing. It’s becoming a recognized way to help boost mental health as more research is showing the biochemical changes in the body when we hug a tree. During winter in Ottawa I recommend going on some long walks in your neighbourhood , cross-country skiing to the new SJAM (Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway) winter trail (Hintonburg to Westboro), toboggan at the Arboretum or take a day to hike or snowshoe into one of the dayuse cabins in Gatineau Park. As long as you dress appropriately, you can still enjoy outdoor activities this winter and it can make all the difference. Limit your screen time - Have you been bingewatching? Many studies show that increased screen time worsens mental health in children's and teens, and we can assume in adults as well. Not only is the internet addictive, social media can play a role in our tendency to compare and judge our own lives, playing into some of our negative thinking patterns. Take up a new hobby this winter , spend more time cooking and moving your body, have real interactions with friends and family members. A good old-fashioned board game is so much better for your mental health than Candy Crush. You are (and feel) what you eat: Want to feel vital and balanced mentally? Consume foods that have lots of vitality. Fresh, whole foods eaten in a balanced way has a huge effect on our mental wellness. Skipping meals or consuming high amounts of sugar has disastrous effects on our blood sugar and can lead to more anxiety and panic attacks/depression. We produce 80% of our serotonin (happy chemical) in the lining of our intestines. For this reason it’s so important to ensure
your are eating in a way that minimizes any intestinal inflammation. Feed yourself vital and balanced diet and limit sugar intake (a huge source of inflammation). Happy Cooking! Being Present is the best present to yourself: Our minds often think the exact same thoughts each and every day. Unfortunately most of these thoughts have a negative spin. “What if… “ or “I’m such a failure because…”. Whenever we leave the present moment, we are essentially in our heads playing a movie about what happened or what may be coming. In contrast, when we become conscious and in the present moment we can stop the negative habitual thinking. Each time we do this, we strengthen our ability to choose a different way of thinking. Mindfulness meditation, yoga, being creative, exercising and deep breathing are all examples of being present. There are so many opportunities or practice this in your daily life. The popular HeadSpace app, community mindfulness courses and online free youtube videos are all accessible avenues to learn more. For more individualized care, book in with one of the Naturopathic Doctors at Healing House. We help people struggling with anxiety, depression, stress and overwhelm with a holistic approach using natural therapies. Book online at www.healinghouse.ca
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant email@example.com www.sherryharriscounselling.org 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available
Newcomers are welcome! No registration is required.
Ottawa-Downtown Meditation Circle of SELF-REALIZATION FELLOWSHIP INVITES YOU TO OUR GROUP MEDITATION Each Thursday 7:30 TO 8:30PM SANDY HILL COMMUNITY CENTRE 250 SOMERSET ST. E Ottawa
The meditation is a guided meditation service. Please try to arrive 10 minutes early. For further questions please contact our secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONSTELLATIONS: An Art Exhibit
Ottawa-Downtown Come and Join our Chapter’s Jingle & Meditation Circle of Mingle Final Networking meeting for 2017! SELF-REALIZATION Featuring Local Singer Meghan Glennie FELLOWSHIP Christmas Songs & Fun Games & Plenty of Prizes INVITES OUR Our 2nd anniversary celebration will alsoYOU be aTO fundraiser GROUP to sponsor two local Kenyan girls’ MEDITATION education. Each Thursday Purity Meghan Sharon Newcomers are 7:30 TO 8:30PM welcome! SANDY HILL COMMUNITY No registration is CENTRE 250 SOMERSET ST. E required. Ottawa Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 Venue: KSis ona the Keys,meditation 1029 Daze St., Ottawa The meditation guided service. Please Time: 6:30 - 9:30 pm try toCost: arrive 10 minutes early. For further questions Members Free, Guests $10. A La Carte Menu please contact our secretary at: The Ottawa West Chapter of the Holistic Chamber of email@example.com Commerce(HCC) invites you, your spouse/ partner and guests for an evening of fun, entertainment and an opportunity to jingle, mingle and meet new and potential members. Celebrate and Learn how HCC can benefit you, your community and help your business grow. We, at HCC, want to help the less fortunate. www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/on-ottawa-west
rade twelve students from Bell High School have been working enthusiastically to each bring to life five diverse artworks on Battle hosted by Canada’s 2016 Ottawa-Downtown Ottawa-Downtown a theme or issue close to their Art Battle Champion Circle of MeditationAllan CircleAndré, of hearts. The senior students Meditation will a kid's Art Zone, and having be available to speak about their SELF-REALIZATION SELF-REALIZATION both refreshments and artworks artwork, the techniques used andFELLOWSHIP for sale. Bell'sFELLOWSHIP Art Club and Link to explain their various themes. INVITES YOU TO OUR INVITES YOU OUR to Leaders will also be TO helping Students hope to raise awareness GROUP MEDITATION GROUP MEDITATION make the evening a success. through their powerful artwork Each Thursday Thursday Over 250 Each works from current on many topics which include the Newcomers are reality, the Newcomers are junior and senior visual art classes 7:30 TO 8:30PM 7:30 TO 8:30PM environment, Syrian on display in various media welcome! welcome! will beSANDY power of dreams, modern myths,SANDY HILL HILL COMMUNITY including Pencil, Watercolour perception, personal identity, the No registration is No registration is COMMUNITY CENTRE CENTRE / Pen and Ink, Acrylic, Clay, place of tradition in a modern 250 SOMERSET ST. E SOMERSET ST.Mixed E required. required. Charcoal,250 Photography and world, and found family. Ottawa Ottawa Media.Admission is by donation The semi-annual art exhibit in support of Bell's Visual Art will be held from 6:30 pm to 8:30 program. Donations willPlease help The meditation is a guided meditation service. The meditation is a guided meditation service. pm at Bell High School in Bells fund the purchase of new student Pleaseon tryThursday, to arrive 10 minutes early. For further try to arrive 10 minutes early. For further questions Corners December brush sets and art supplies. 14th, 2017. questions please contact our secretary at: please contact our secretary at: Students are hoping to be able to Supported by Jamaal Jacksonsrf.firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com offer a raffle ticket in exchange for Rogers, Ottawa's English Poet each individual's donation. Laureate and Coordinator for Youth Ottawa's new Artist For further information or support please Mentorship Program, the art exhibit will be livelier than ever. Students are working towards a live painting Art contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vitamin ‘P’ for Health and Wellness
leasure is essential to our survival. Indeed, it’s physiologically necessary. We’ve been taught that anything connected to pleasure is a luxury, selfindulgent or suspect, but pleasure, like breathing and our heart beating, is who we are. When we experience something pleasurable, our bodies naturally produce the neurotransmitter nitric oxide, which balances and increases the ‘feel good’ hormones - endorphins, dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin. These are the hormones that allow us to feel positive, to love, bond and thrive. Low levels of nitric oxide make our bodies more prone to disease, while high levels keep us vibrant and healthy, and allow us to express our true selves with creativity, courage and self-esteem. When we discuss pleasure we immediately think of sexual pleasure. And yes, nitric oxide is released during sex and at orgasm, giving us a wonderful feeling of relaxation and release and boosting our entire body, physically and emotionally. But the production of nitric oxide is triggered by any experience of pleasure, including laughter, cuddling, meditation, and exercise, and by getting out in the sun and eating fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants. When we feed ourselves pleasure we feel confident, passionate and creative. We feel powerful and worthy. We show up in the world as our best selves and we offer our gifts to the world.
BUSINESS FOR SALE Your largest supplier of massage tables, chairs and accessories in the Outaouais 71, boul. St-Raymond, Gatineau, Qc J8Y 1S3 www.massosphere.com 819-246-6236 ~ 1-866-246-6236 email@example.com 34
Say YES to occasional spa days, vacations and big birthday celebrations, but don’t forget your daily dose of Vitamin ‘P’. When you pay attention and mindfully seek and create pleasure, you can find it anywhere – the earthy scent of a fire, the minty freshness of your teeth after brushing, the comfort of a warm bath on a cold evening, getting lost in music, sharing a deep belly laugh, or enjoying a game of tag or Go Fish with your children. Say YES to pleasure in all of its forms every day. Your health depends on it. ©2017 Tracy Montgomery is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal sexual dysfunction or the wounds of sexual abuse, and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. She works privately with individuals and couples, facilitates the Ottawa Snuggle Salon and offers interactive workshops on healthy sexuality. Visit her online at www.tracymontgomery.ca
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
Offering Updated model for the first time
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
New Year Resolution with a Twist
ecember has descended upon us like a crash landing! With all the rain and the warmer weather, it almost comes as a surprise. Year end is now around the corner and with it comes that time of introspection what will the New Year’s Resolution be this time? Like well seasoned resolution builders, we start to scan what we disapprove of in our selves and make a plan of self-attack under the guise of a New Year’s Resolution. Sounds familiar? Then the joke is always: how long will it take before I break said resolution? Here’s a twist. How would you feel about looking for what is positive about you and focusing on making that better next year? What if the New Year’s Resolution is to learn to give up guilt? What about if, instead of criticizing being out of shape, your weight, or your smoking habit – as examples – you simply own it. Relax about it and instead of wanting to impose the best guilt-trip you can on yourself, you simply accept the fact that you are not perfect – and that’s ok. Let’s take smoking as an example. Instead of trying to quit, why not figure out why you do it in the first place? If it’s because you enjoy it, then own that. If it’s because it calms you down, own that. If it’s just out of habit, own that – all without judgment. Are you as interested in smoking when there is no guilt and judgment involved? You won’t know until you try. At the same time, also own the side effects of habits considered to be “bad” for you. Smoking, again as an example, can be a cause for lung issues in the future. Those who have come for reflexology in my practice, who had been heavy smokers, and who had to force-
Lisa Bottriell, M. Ed. Counsellor
firstname.lastname@example.org 613-882-1993 411 Donald B. Munro Carp, Ontario
quit due to serious lung issues didn’t heal very well. Illness set in in the late sixties and early seventies. Can you think that far ahead? One blockage to the healing process is how much they beat down on themselves, continuously, about having smoked as much as they did. There was a lot of regret and guilt. They seemed to suffer more than non-smokers and their pain was greater. Own that possibility too. Not as a guilt trip but as one of the factors to consider. If the side effects are worth it to you, own that. Self-renewal starts when you take ownership of where you’re at and why, without judgment. So this year, why not try total self-acceptance for who you are and where you are at right now, in this moment – without guilt – while focusing on a positive aspect of yourself? Understand that guilt is a force to contend with due to the momentum it gains through self-rejection. Selfacceptance is Soul-care. Who is willing to join me in focusing on the positive side of yourself as a New Year’s Resolution? This is an approach that could potentially help you bring about the changes you would like to see. It could be an introduction to the Language of the Soul hidden deep within you. It is said that if you always do, believe and think what you’ve always done, believed and thought, you will always get what you always got. Is there a better example of this than how we set New Year’s Resolutions? How well have you succeeded by repeating the same patterns year after year? And how much guilt did you pile on yourself for not succeeding? Focusing on the positive is a different approach. Once again, you won’t know how it works until you try it! If you need help and support, join me on a weekly basis for a six-week class, starting in January 2018. We will explore how to put a different spin on things and put an end to spiritual bankruptcy. We will study the language and interweaving of the Soul outside of religion. We will also add Indigenous teachings to the mix to help us expand our thinking horizons so that we can learn to break old thinking patterns and experience self-renewal. May Peace settle in your Heart at this time of year and continue to be with you all year ‘round. Diane Oliver Soul Energy Intuitive Urban-Shaman-Elder Diane.email@example.com
Your Personal Calls To Action: How To Recognize and Act On Them
By Ann Jarvis of The Nourished Soul
e all have that voice inside of us. You know the This is what a personal call to action is. It is a request one. It’s the one that whispers somewhere deep from your Higher Self to show you a better way. You inside of you that you need to make a change. The one are being called on to change something, let go of that is gently persistent and always loving. The one something, add something or to experience something that keeps showing up, day after day, reminding you… that will shift the way you live in this world. nudging you to do something; to shift gears. …and always for the better. These calls to action come from our higher selves. Remember that your Higher Self wants ONE Our higher selves are the thing for you: To deepen parts of us that see the your experience of love’s bigger picture. They know awareness. what is in our best interest. Because that’s why we’re A 3 Month Program to Radically Shift Your They know what keeps us here. We are expressions of Health & Step Into Your Soul Radiance healthy, well, happy and love. You might think that thriving. During the 3 Months You Will Learn & Receive: we’re here for a million So when my Higher Self • Exactly what foods are nourishing your belly and which other reasons, all of which is gently persistent with foods are hurting your belly are relevant to a complete • A bio-individual diet, meal plan and recipes that allow you me, I pay attention. human experience, but to shop and prepare amazing meals that will finally nourish really For example, for the past we’re here to your body and mind 2 or 3 years now, one of deepen our experience and • Discover what your cravings mean and how to see them my calls to action was to expression of love. from a diﬀerent perspective so you can heal them radically change my diet. I • Discover your soul footprint and learn how to move into So, while you may think was feeling pretty decent. that a call to action, like your inherent Divine Radiance The Crohn’s Disease that • The opportunity to let go of old, limiting wounds, which will the one I describe above, I had lived with since I a allow you to step into the fullness of your being has to look a certain way kid was on the back burner. “Ann is a beautiful channel of Divine wisdom. She helped me to shift so or have the ingredients of But…my joints ached. I much in my life, my health and my perspective, largely through helping some revolutionary recipe, wasn’t sleeping that well. show me where I had already shifted, but was holding myself back from it actually doesn’t. All it My eyes were puffy. And seeing that; helping me to embrace and acknowledge what my heart and has to be is something that already knew. Next to your own soul, Ann is the absolute best guide if my energy was up and soul is going to change your you are yearning to explore your inner worlds, your deepest truth, your down. experience of yourself for true potential, and the purest love” - Tanya W., Kingston And that’s where my call the better. For more information, please contact Ann Jarvis at to action came in. I always 613-218-6899 or firstname.lastname@example.org or, As it turns out, adopting wanted to thrive. Feeling visit www.thenourishedsoul.ca For more info, a Paleo diet completely ‘decent’ was no longer please contact Ann Jarvis at 613-218-6899 or changed the way that I feel email@example.com or visit good enough for me. in my body. It changed my www.thenourishedsoul.ca One day while I was energy so much that I was sitting in a bookstore, feeling able to start moving my like I was searching for something….anything, that body in ways that I was never before able to move. My could catapult me into the next level of health, I asked sleep improved. I lost most, if not all of my excess body the Universe what that thing was that could kick-start my fat. I felt lighter and brighter. thriving health. How did this deepen my expression of love’s Before the I could even form the full thought, someone awareness? How didn’t it deepen my expression of love’s walked past me holding a cookbook that was titled, awareness? “Paleo Diet” in big, bold letters. There it was. This was For the first time since I was a child, I started my call to action. I knew it the instant I saw it. physically thriving. I saw that this precious body of mine It would take me two years to fully get on board with (that I thought had failed me so many times) was actually this way of eating. Old habits die hard! But then again, on my side. I saw that when I fed my body what it really most calls to action require some kind of deep or even, wanted and needed, it started working like a well-oiled radical change. machine. I saw that when I completely healed my gut, my
SOUL FOOD PROGRAM:
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue
Search for God groups Success for the soul
Rev. E. Stoddard
Meditation, study and application in a small group format
Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service & Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
mind felt more at ease, and I was calmer; happier. I saw that when I followed a simple request from the part of me that knows me best, I finally felt at home in this body of mine. That’s no small thing. In fact, this one seemingly simple call to action changed everything about how I perceived my physical footing in this world. It was huge. For someone who had lived with a debilitating illness, who never had quite enough energy, who worried about the next time I took a nose-dive, who often looked as terrible as I felt, who didn’t know if she would wake up some mornings, who had friends and family constantly worried about her, who was scared of food and what it might do to her, who had, at one point, no hope of being a healthy, whole person…well, IT CHANGED EVERYTHING. These little loving nudges are coming to you for a reason. Do yourself a favor and listen up. Something that may seem difficult or that may be out of your current comfort zone might just change you into the person that you’ve always longed to be. Don’t wait. Answer the call now. Ann Jarvis is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Intuitive Energy Healer. For more information on her programs and offerings, please visit: www. thenourishedsoul.ca or contact Ann at (613) 218-6899 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing balance to your home & workplace
• EMF Balancers • Home & Work • Cell Phone ADR Disks • Health Clinics & Schools • Gold Energy Cards • Cars & Farms All products have Zero Point Energy
Season's Greetings from Perfect Liberty
The question we get asked most, is are we a Christian church, the answer is we are NON denominational, headquarters are in Japan. We have been around for a long time, we believe that we are all ONE with God. Our teachings help us how to travel the path to happiness, how to progress and elevate ourselves to find true freedom in our lives. Based on the truth, "Life is Art" (PL Precept #1) To know more about us, and/or to avail yourself of our services/teachings you are welcome to call us at anytime to meet with the Sr. Minister or one of the Hokyoshi (Assistant Ministers) We celebrate Thanksgiving every 21st of the month. The service is at 7 p.m. After service we gather for a light meal and coffee/tea. The season prior to and after the "holidays" can be stressful, please, know that we are here to help. Best wishes to you, your family and friends.. may Blessings follow you through into the coming year. Rev. Eugene Hayashi, Sr. Minister Dymoon, Hokyoshi
613-842-4758 For more info on our products & testimonials please visit: www.emffreezone.ca
email@example.com Have a Balanced Day!
PL Church, 1010 Hunt Club Rd • 613-225-1850 Rev Eugene – Sr. Minister Dymoon (Hokyoshi) firstname.lastname@example.org
“This year will be different.”
Raise your hand if you’ve had this thought before the holiday season.
Johanna Lynn Release Inherited Family Patterns Your Shortcut to a Life Well Lived
his “most wonderful time of the year” is often loaded with already pre-existing family dynamics. As we prepare to spend multiple days under one roof with our loved ones, often after seeing them for only hours at a time throughout the year, we feel such pressure to be joyful! Generous! AT PEACE! Isn’t that what this season promises !?! The good news is: this year can be different, if you arrive to your holiday prepared - expecting, in fact, to be triggered - and remain committed to paying attention to your reaction and recovery time. Before I go home, I remind myself of my place within my family. On the drive over, I literally place myself in the setup: I’m my mom and dad’s daughter. I’m Lisa and Dan’s older sister. I’m the mom of our son, I’m the partner of Hart. I’m Uncle George’s niece. I am an auntie to growing nephews. In my mind’s eye, I make my way around the holiday table. This all reminds me of where I am within my family, and the connection during the visit seems to flow with much more ease. For the past few years, I’ve made time to go to their local store when I arrive, to pick up the food I like to eat instead of expecting my parents to do it. We all have different food preferences, and this small acts alleviates a lot of stress and expectations around this subject which always carry so much weight (no pun intended).
“Where can I receive her love? “Where does it feel safe to let it in?” Then I locate that place in my body where I can take in something from my mom. I start small … a compliment, her home-cooked dinner, or a simple conversation in the kitchen where it felt easy to be with her. When we are triggered or feeling annoyed by our mom, we automatically shut down our ability to receive from her. Notice where you lose yourself with your mom. This holiday season, meet your family where they are at. See them in the best light and receive love they way they give it. You’ll be amazed at what this can change for everyone involved. Give yourself the gift of leaving the pain of the past behind, and enjoy simply being with your family during this time for celebration. The festivities this year include taking time to be sure to give yourself what you need within all that family togetherness.
Family Frustration Over the Holidays If I’m feeling frustrated, sad or bored, instead of checking out - which is always so tempting, especially in this age of portable devices - I take myself somewhere for a moment alone. I’m not going to lie: this usually happens in the bathroom. Once the door is closed, I check in with my body, notice where breath moves and consciously expand it. If I happen to be having an issue with my mother, I ask myself:
Johanna facilities transformative group work, providing solutions for the emotional patterns we all inherit from our families. She is committed to resolving the painful patterns that live out from generation to generation. Like a detective, she listens to the facts of your family history, down to the words you use to describe your challenges. These clues lead her directly to the most effective resolution for you. The intention in her work is to contribute to world peace, one family at a time. Visit www.johannalynn.ca
Visit www.johannalynn.ca to view upcoming workshops
ROLLANDE THOMPSON Since 1974. Renowned bilingual tarot card reader, palmistry, numerology. Accurate, honest and dependable. My readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and your finances. I respect my work and will give you only my best. Individual consultations at your service. House parties and my own psychic line. Only a phone call away. Formerly on CFRA, CHIP & Rogers TV Telepsychic Show To book an appointment, please call 819-684-6125
COMPLETENESS Channelled by Lisa Virtue
he busy-ness, hustle and bustle, preoccupation, and attention to plans and work may be contributing to the disconnect you are feeling with your true being. There is a part of you that understands all is well. That all is secure and there is nothing you need outside of who you are. That you are love and you are fine, completely acceptable as you are. This knowing is not prominent in today’s western society. The ways of life have been developed based on the part of you that feels separate from that truth. The part that doesn’t recognize it’s own innate magnificence. You have an aspect that believes you are less than perfect, less than enough. That there’s never enough, that things aren’t as well as they need to be, that gets things wrong and fears punishment for it, etc, etc. You are marketed to in ways that perpetuate the fears, and the self-doubt. These promote your insecurity in order to offer a paid solution for you. The solution, Dearest Ones, comes in remembering that this is the delusion of society’s creation, the forgetting of self. There have been those who referred to this society as sick. It could be viewed this way metaphorically. That a society with a belief that no one is enough, that nothing is good enough, bases all of its creations on this. The false premise breeds all that you’ve been experiencing in unsupportive ways. Let us adjust the premise for you, to remind you that you are complete, that you are a good, beautiful, divine, loving and loved being. There is no lack, only completeness. If all is complete, then nothing is less than. If all is complete, then you are enough. If you
choose to come from, or even to contemplate, the idea that you are safe, enough, completely loved, and there is nothing you need or need to do, to be those… If you can come from that vantage point your choices shift, thoughts transform. You view things differently. You wake up and see the mistaken foundation that so much has been based on, the fears coming from the mistaken belief. So what are you to do then? Drop into stillness, meditation if you will, but taking moments to disconnect from the thoughts, from the worries, moving in to present moment awareness, but even deeper. Come within. What is the present moment of your true self, not the external world? What is the state of your inner being? Not the emotions, not the thoughts, not the physical sensations. Come in to that sense of self and feel what that feels like. Reconnect with your wholeness. Allow yourself this peace, Dear Ones. If you can only find it for a moment, then that moment is precious. The more moments you can cultivate the more you will transform your experience. Allow your thoughts to shift. Allow your sensations to shift. It may feel strange, unusual. You are habituated in the old ways, the old patterns, the old thoughts you had about yourself and your capabilities, your capacities. As you choose to allow room for those to change, it will be different. Different is what you were wanting. Allow yourself to experience the newness of reconnecting with who you really are, with the truth of self, with your completeness. How your days may unfold in a whole new manner as you hold your attention to that truth of self. You are already a blessing. May you recognize that within yourself. Deepest of regards from All-That-Is-Divine Lisa Virtue is a healer, channel and yoga teacher. She offers sessions to aid you in reconnecting with your divine self. Her physical practices assist you in releasing what is held in the body and coming into a new relationship with your physical being. Energetic sessions shift old blocks and thought forms, allowing clarity. Contact Lisa to book your session. 613-296-4271 Lisa@LisaVirtue.com www.LisaVirtue.com www.Facebook.com/LisaVirtue01 Instagram: LisaVirtueYoga
W AT VI CH O DE U O! R
HEALTH AT YOUR FINGERTIPS!
Created by Georges Lakhovsky and Nikola Tesla
“It is with great pleasure that I share with you the benefits of PolarAidTM disc. Believe it or not, I was having osteoarthritis to the highest degree. I had to take painkillers which at first, did me good but afterwards, it did not. When I was reading Good Times magazine, I noticed the advertisement of PolarAidTM Health. I felt this was what I needed. I quickly acted by ordering the disc and today I am very well! I apply the disc every day according to the protocol in the user’s guide and I am thankful that at 75 years old to be in shape more than ever! In addition, I put a bottle of water on the disc for half an hour and I have “live” water! I hope that all people who are struggling with their health will trust PolarAidTM to prolong their lives in the joy of living.” (M-P.B., Trois-Rivières) Dr Tomić mentioned: “After almost two years of PolarAid’s presence in Canada, we now enjoy more and more reading such comments from Canadian users of our polarization disc PolarAidTM which are as positive as the ones we have collected for years in Europe. And what about this one just received:” “Dear Doctor Tomić, I used your PolarAidTM disc for five minutes/day on my lower back because I was suffering from stabs of severe sharp pain especially when I wake up in
the morning and after prolonged sitting, after three months, I have no more pain. I continued using the disc on all chakras and concerned areas on my body. I was having severe circulation problems in my right foot, which was “constantly” ice cold and numb. After six months of using the disc for only 10 minutes per day, the circulation has improved over 75% and now is almost normal. After nine months while continuating the ten minute per day ritual, the restriction and suffering from torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders stopped completely. NO restriction raising my arms. No more pain! Recently at the twelve month anniversary, after extensive medical tests by several doctors and specialists, this 76-year-old man was given a health certificate equivalent to that of 26-year-old. I swear, all because of using PolarAidTM for just ten minutes, every day. A piece of advice for potential clients: I discovered that putting one disc under my right hand first knuckle and another disc on top, (i.e.: sandwiching the hand) provides creeping arthritic pain and stiffness to decrease within a matter of three to five minutes making the hand flexible and without pain. So I encourage the purchase of at least two or three discs as it will also reduce the amount of time one spends using them. I reduced my morning disc session from over an hour to under a half hour before starting my day. Saying “thank you” doesn’t seem enough. PolarAidTM is a wonder for me!” (W.Z., Toronto)
Dr. Dino Tomić currently works as a medical doc-
tor, specializing in gynecology and obstetrics. For the past 20 years, he has explored and experimented with alternative medicines such as quantum and bioresonance medicine, homeopathy, acupuncture, and energy techniques.
No radiation or magnetism. No expiry date. Maintenance free.
40 The Publisher does not assume any responsibility December 2017of the claims made in this advertisement. for the accuracy