December 2016, Vol. 32, #4, Priceless TONE STUFF
M aga z in e
Sacred Journey of a Modern-Day Mystic A Novel by MichĂ¨le Cleveland St.Amour Go to page 2-3 for details
Chakaura: Awakening the Muse A novel by Michèle Cleveland St.Amour
About The Author Michèle Cleveland St.Amour was born in Kingston, Ontario. When she was very young, her family moved to Cornwall, where she grew up in a Franco-American community. To this day, it greatly influences her work and her unique expression. Dedicated to a life of service, Michèle offers methods of self-transformation based on ancient wisdom teachings from many sources, including her Aboriginal elders. Not anchored in any belief system, she believes that health is a continual process of staying strong spiritually, mentally, and physically and that we must remain in harmony with ourselves, other people, our natural environment, and our Creator. Michèle’s passion for life and high energy touch everyone she encounters. Her keen mind and balanced heart help people overcome boundaries that no longer serve their highest good. In her early thirties, Michèle went through a spiritual awakening often referred to as the “dark night of the soul.” Her many years of physical, mental, and emotional healing forced her to delve deeply into her inner world and her unconventional experiences and states of being. Similar to the paths of other mystics and seekers, her quest enabled her to understand the esoteric meaning of our human journey. Michèle’s novel Chakaura: Awakening the Muse parallels her own awakening and tells the story of a young woman’s daredevil attitude when faced with altered realities and the moment of enlightenment that changed her forever. My goal in this book is to offer a different view of the world of spirit through a grounded science. In sharing Angelina’s journey of awakening, I aim to de-mystify the path of remembering, which ultimately leads to enlightenment. —Michèle Michèle lives simply in a solar-powered house in the mountains, growing a good amount of her own food and implementing a sustain- able lifestyle as much as possible in our modern world. She also gathers wild herbs and always plants a wide selection in her garden for various medicinal remedies, in keeping with her Native heritage. Michèle, a highly intuitive and gifted individual, mentors and guides countless people to self-realization at the Chakaura™ Institute of Soul, a clinical and educational centre teaching the principles of natural health. She offers her services as a consultant with the lens of a highly intuitive individual, her Naturopathic Energy Practitioner (NEP™) skills to enable you to reach your full potential and her teaching skills to empower your life. Her specialty is knowing the soul, its role, and how to bring soul consciousness to your life experience. At her centre, Michèle provides programs, workshops, retreats, and seminars to those guided to her. When requested, she will travel to other locations to offer programs and seminars. To learn more about Michèle and her activities, go to:
To learn 2 more about Michèle’s school & clinic,December 2016Chakaura™ Chakaura Institute of Soul, go to: www.chakaura.ca Institute of SOUL ~ Institue de L’ÂME
Chakaura: Awakening the Muse A novel by Michèle Cleveland St.Amour
Immerse yourself in Angelina's world, where magic and mysticism are part of her everyday life. Angelina was born remembering who and what she was, but at a very young age she asked the “Powers That Be” to let her forget. This book takes you on a journey of self-discovery through Angelina’s years of awakening and amazing adventures. She explores the path of mystical initiation in a culture on the brink of cataclysmic change. Her ability to speak the little known language of the soul begins to surface in her search for truth and understanding, as her gifts of clairvoyance, prophecy, and healing take over her life. Join Angelina and learn through her tale the truths about reality that we all need to know. Book Excerpt
Chapter 1: The Prophecy
My name is Angelina, and I come from a family of seers. Destiny chose me for this role from birth. You cannot read a few books or take a couple of courses and expect to be a seer or a healer. It never happens that way. From a young age, I just knew instinctively what this life had in store for me. My latest vision had me a bit flushed and annoyed at the magnitude of the information I had to process. I spent a few hours mentally replaying this prophetic revelation. The vision had come upon me like a drug. My body hummed and throbbed with sensations of energy, and I gradually fell into a deep, altered state of consciousness. This revelation would define the rest of my life in ways I could not imagine...
Book Launch & Signing Opportunities “I cordially invite you to the following events in celebration of the launch of my first novel.”
Cornwall Launch th
Sunday, Dec. 11 2 - 4pm Cornwall Public Library 45 Second St. E, Upstairs Hall
Thursday, Dec. 8th 4 - 7pm Chakaura Institute 250 Main E, Hawkesbury Mall,
Ottawa ~ Book Signing
Saturday, Dec. 17th 11 - 2pm Singing Pebble Books 206 Main St. E, Ottawa
Refreshments & finger foods served at book launches. RSVP by Friday December 2, latest 4 pm at:
3 December 2016 613 -306-0130 or www.chakaura.ca Signed books must be pre-ordered. Tone
30% discount on first consultation valid to January 31st, 2017
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
If any of the following describes your child, you should contact us:
• Cannot focus; easily distracted • Restless, always moving • Impatient, cannot tolerate waiting or line-ups • May not be able to control frustration and anger • Has a hard time finishing tasks
Maha Mansour has over 25 years experience as a pediatrician overseas. As a Regulated Homeopath in Ontario, she offers a safe and effective treatment option for you and your family. Maha Mansour, Registered Homeopath (MD Egypt) Sunrise Wellness Centre 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104 Office: (613) 736-5200
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. December 2016 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Here we are at the end of another calendar year. The natural inclination is to look back and reflect. What did we do with that time? Did we enjoy what we did? Did we do what we set out to do? Oftentimes these reflections are a bit of a downer... we realize that life didn’t quite go the way we had intended. We set out to do great things, but life got in the way. This is time for compassion for oneself. No use in lamenting on the past. The conscious individual is one who is willing to take a good look at their lives, see both the good and bad aspects, and learn from it to make it all good. We take those observations, move forward and with courage set out to make new resolutions. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” -- Winston Churchill
Michele St Amour, Chakaura Institute of Soul www.michelestamour.com • www.chakaura.ca
Tone Advertising Rates …
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
hat that hell is creativity? I heard someone describe creativity as stepping on stones across a stream and trusting that the next step will hold your weight. You just go. You step! It’s our fear that stops us from making the next step. But, how the hell do we overcome our fear? That’s all very well to say JUST STEP TO THE NEXT STONE, especially if you’re not the one who will fall in the creek. Hello… I’m the one falling in the creek and I’d rather not, thank you very much!! So, how do we tap into our NATURAL creativity and NOT fall in the creek? I think humour has a big place in all this. I take my clients situations very seriously, but I don’t take ME too seriously. And I recommend to my clients to take their issues very seriously and themselves less so. I’m an Integral Master Coach™ and I assist my clients in rediscovering their joy and creativity. Humour and healing are important qualities I’ve grown to value, both in my 20 years in the animation film business, and over the past 15 years in my practice as a Registered Massage Therapist. A few years ago I was able to incorporate my
two passions into one and create a workshop called, “Keep the Humour in Healing.” I’d love to show YOU how to bring YOUR creativity and passion to your Life, too! If you’d like more information please contact me at, Integral Master Coach™ 613-230-3527 firstname.lastname@example.org www.karenmunrocaple.ca www.karenmunrocaple.com
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: email@example.com
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
The Mirror The pieces, the pieces Are everywhere Sharp, cutting and menacing Not fitting anywhere Or fitting not quite right anymore The day the mirror fell My life fell as well. I picked up the sharp edges And slowly, slowly Rebuilt the mirror Cutting my fingers But healing my soul
the Bushes, and more recently Donald Trump. Such “leaders” use propaganda and highly manipulative advertising to “dumb down” members of the general public to the point where they either do not vote, or if they do vote, they s do not have enough knowledge to s llnes e make an informed decision. This w is not government by, of, and for smokin frui the people. It is mind-control by an elite. This is the opposite of a well xie educated population in a democratic ty self country. If the founders of Greek -esteem democracy were here now they t weigh would be dis-heartened!
he word “politics” is derived from the Greek word “politikos” which means the practice and theory of dealing with and influencing people. In most people’s minds, the word politics is connected only with governments and governing bureaucracies. Most people believe it is about manipulation, trickery and lying. Actually, personal politics is about how an individual communicates COUNSELLING, COACHING and connects emotionally and & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE intellectually with another or others. Richard M. Haney A person’s honesty, mood, eloquence Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist and deportment are all integral (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 components of a successful life. Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. These are usually developed by www.ottawahypnosis.com what the Greek philosopher, Plato, www.ottawacounselling.com referred to as educating the complete, whole person, intellectually, morally, aesthetically and spiritually. Many years ago, I was fortunate enough to be involved in a holistic retreat at Sirius, www.SiriusCommunity.org in Amherst, Massachusetts, called, “The Personal Side of the Political and the Political Side of the Personal”. Since then, I have evolved a seamless life-style in which there is no separation at any level between my personality and my politics. The early Greeks, who invented democracy, maintained that true democracy is not possible without a high quality education system that nurtures and informs the whole person. In our modern day society, this includes a public broadcasting system, such as the CBC, the BBC and PBS. The very first thing that a tyrannical, oligarchical or monarchistic politician does when they get into office is attempt to marginalize or dismantle the education system and the public broadcasting system. Some examples are: Nazi Germany, the U.S. under
Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation) Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
(613) 731-4901 6
How to Increase Your Personal Power
ersonal power starts with self-awareness. Selfawareness is about getting to know yourself better, making the most of your strengths and overcoming your weaknesses. Personal empowerment and personal development go hand in hand, because as you discover more about yourself, you can develop strategies for overcoming the weaknesses you discern in yourself so they will not hold you back from living your best life. There are a number of areas which people tackle when they are seeking to empower themselves, including: • Mental • Emotional • Spiritual Let’s drill down further into each of these areas to see how you can dial down your weaknesses to increase your sense of empowerment. Mental We all had subjects we hated when we were at school. Often, the reason we hated them was because we felt we weren’t very good at them, or our grades didn’t reflect all of the hard work we were putting into math, science and so on. As adults, there might also be subjects we don’t like and therefore avoid. Avoiding them will never help, though, and might make things worse. Trying to do better through taking a course, getting coaching, or just spending a bit more time every day working on your weakness will minimize its impact on your life. If you struggle with math, for example, money issues should become a thing of the past as you learn more about basic budgeting and bookkeeping. Emotional Many people struggle with emotional weaknesses, such as anger management issues, mood disorders or troublesome aspects of their past that hold them back from living their best life. You can empower yourself to take control of these issues by gathering information, getting coaching or therapy, joining a support group, and more. Through tracking your progress, such as
how well you are getting your anger under control, you will learn just how powerful, not powerless, you really are.
Spiritual Many people have a spiritual or religious dimension to their lives, which can be both positive and negative. On the one hand, it gives them a sense of being a part of something greater than themselves. On the other hand, many organized religious carry a set of commandments many people fall short of, and focus on a sense of sin. Turn any “sin” into a strength by empowering yourself to overcome it. If you’ve been feeling stuck in any particular area of your life, that’s a sign of a weakness that can empower you to change your life for the better and become your best self. MOIRA HUTCHISON Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 ~ www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira. com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Searching For The Right Christian healing path invites Healer/Therapist in Ottawa you to learn The Path of The Rose You have been looking for a qualified therapist/ Invitation only through our clinic. healer. You are not sure what to expect. Mondays to Wednesdays hands on practice in You have tried physiotherapy, chiropractic, Registered clinic time. Donation. Massage Therapy, somebody who does Reiki, an Osteopath, a Chinese Doctor and a Hypnotherapist. Contact Sonja Muller You are bewildered. You say it’s just you. It’s not you. Director of The Healing Path of Spirit truth It’s the system we live in. Not everyone is following in The Path of The Rose. 613 795 4583 standards. Not everyone is a real therapist or healer. You can know by asking them to provide proof of liability. Ask. If you are not certain ask to see their credentials and registration number. Check it on line. If it’s not a Regulated Health Care Professional, they have to provide liability at the bare minimum. If not, it’s not real. I personally do not wish to be in a place where no one is held accountable. If I am not accountable, I can be left in a state of pain without anyone to assist me. Who can I call? If my family members do not know why I am in this state, it’s because they are not involved. It’s because nobody took care to do an assessment. Even a basic assessment is required to know how to do ones work. If not I am just using energy. Which energy? Is PL Precept # 14 World Peace Is Everything it my own energy? It’s not true that I should use my Brrrr... it's cold outside... yet warm and cozy inside. In many homes, the own energy. presents are being bought and wrapped with much care. Did you I am at a loss as to explain how patients end up comknow that the PL church in Ottawa, has a line of hand crafted cards, ing to see me in a state of disrepair and shock. I am again made for any occasion? So many of us look to saying something really special to those we love and share our lives with. Time is spent on just required to undo the work of someone else. Please do the right card. Contact the church for more info. the right thing. Be accountable. Do not teach someone December brings with it, mot only happy times, but times of stress. The a trick. A trick is not how to heal. Healing is offered cold brings out some of our best “chronic pain” episodes. Why suffer when we are open to the universe of spirit and we are alone, or deal with the frustration of depression, loss, sadness or plain invited to be a guide. I will not just happily make an ersimple bouts of “sameness.” We are a phone call away. ror by stepping on your toes and keeping you inside my The 21st of each month, we celebrate with a Thanksgiving Service at area for the purpose of healing. I give you space. Space 7:00pm It is followed by a meet and visit, over Japanese curry on rice. is the ability to know it’s safe to let go. Letting go is Yummy! Sounds delicious. Please come before service starts. All are welcome. Come meet two of our long time Hokyoshi Elizabeth and our ability to be in sacred space. Be sacred in the space. Hokyoshi Carlindo. Do not let enemy energy surround you. Take time to cleanse. It’s your duty. It’s our duty to speak healing PL Church, 1010 Hunt Club Road • 613-225-1850 words. Do this. In the name if whoever youpain choose. Rev Eugene – Sr. Minister • emotional /physical • grieving • relations Dymoon (Hokyoshi) email@example.com • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • Sonja Muller, White Wind Clinic energy level • healing the past
December News From Church of Perfect Liberty
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
came across this word recently and it struck a cord in me. Ikigai is a Japanese word that you will only find in the dialect of the people of Okinawa which is one of the many islands in Japan. The word is loosely translated to mean “what get’s you out of bed in the morning”. When you think about this for a moment in the context of retirement planning…this is a big idea! There is no word in the Okinawan dialect for retirement as there is in our Western culture. We in the West obsess about this important event in our life and many are not ready for this transition. The people of Okinawa have Ikigai. This word can be compared to our concept of “Life Purpose” which happens to be the final section of my book titled The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness. When I was doing the research for my book, I found that having a life purpose contributed immensely to one’s happiness but most importantly, to one’s longevity. The people of Okinawa are known around the world as the people with the longest life spans. This is not a coincidence. They attribute this to their ability to find a new life purpose once they leave the world of work. They are taught at a very young age to prepare themselves for this very important period of their live. And when they do the transition they already have something to go to, something that will get them out of bed in the morning. On page 50 of my book I have this quote that says “Retire to Something as Opposed to Retire from Something”. The subtle difference between the word To and From is the essence of proper retirement planning. Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawa-based Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Healer Heal Thyself
Written by Alexis Nicol number of years ago I decided to study Reflexology. It has been many years since I had taken a course like this. I was reminded that studying takes a great deal of concentration and focus. That being said, during my Foot Reflexology training I was totally engrossed in learning all that I could. I read many articles, surfed the web – immersing myself in the reflexology world. We studied theory and anatomy to name but a few. After several months of studying we had our written exam. Next 60 hours of practical (hands-on) work needed to be completed, with the practical exam being the final hurdle. I thought the 60 hours would never end. What now takes me 45 minutes to do was taking me up to an hour and a half. With a time constraint I practiced fervently in order to meet the deadline. I had many clients and worked diligently to complete my practical hours. About three quarters of the way through I began to experience major discomfort and pain in my left wrist and forearm. I was struggling through it – wondering, if after all this studying and working so hard, that just maybe I wouldn’t be able to take my practical exam. The pain was excruciating. My reflexology career was doomed or so I thought.
Reiki Reflexology Reconnective Healing® ACIM www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925 One night I was so distraught when it suddenly dawned on me that I had forgotten about my Reiki. I began immediately working with this energy. How divinely excited I was to feel the tendons and muscles in my wrist and forearm moving beneath my skin without even touching the area! I continued for about 10-15 minutes. Afterwards the pain was practically gone – a true Godsend. I finished my course, with flying colours and thankfully I am enjoying Reflexology still to this day. Sometimes, even the most experienced healers forget that we can heal ourselves. Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
The Planetary Wound of Gender Splitting by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
he split between the masculine and feminine energies has pervaded many aspects of our earthly experiences. Gender splitting is at the core of all archontic deception strategies, which can lead to soul disconnection and fragmentation. When the masculine body (active) is not connected, balanced and integrated with the feminine body (receptive), one is not being acknowledged by the other. This is why we have individuals mired in the distraction of doing, and denying the heart, or being too passive, instead of openly flowing with love, and acting upon their inspired, intuitive wisdom. Many of us experienced this separation in childhood, and we did not learn to truly see and hear ourselves as Divine. • If a child is not seen, his/her feminine principle learns to disappear. • Not heard, and his/her feminine learns inner confusion. • If a child is not seen, his/her masculine principle learns to dominate. • Not heard, and his/her masculine learns to avoid. When there is unity of the Divine Mother and Divine Father within we have balanced, sacred marriage Hieros Gamos. We can then know ourselves as the Holy Christ-Sophia, the Divine Child that is sacred light, and sacred sound, and an expression of infinite love. There is no struggle to be seen and heard. We can let go. All we need to see and hear is from within. Our God-Self is our witness. Gender splitting is currently being amplified through negative manipulation: please pay attention to the ways that you may find yourself imbalanced into either polarity. For those in conscious relationships, be mindful that this program may be infiltrating the experiences dividing your harmony. Be peace.
Not feeling seen and heard?
I specialize in clearing stubborn limiting patterns. We can bring you freedom with Divine healing of your 12-dimensional self and clearing from the root level.
pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
To understand how not being seen and heard as a child may still be impacting you, and its relationship with gender splitting, read the full article at www.MelindaUrban.com. 17 years of intuitive healing experience. Integrating holographic ascension clearing, emotional healing/energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, and vocal healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. Appointments in person or by phone 613-253-2888. Subscribe-FREE newsletter. Copyright 2016 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
198 Main Street, Ottawa, ON • 613-234-9597 • www.thegreendoor.ca 10
Trump and Climate Change
Ian Prattis ith Donald Trump’s presidency, climate change in America is swiftly being placed on the back burner and will soon be out of the door. Trump has dubbed climate change as a hoax created by the Chinese government to make US manufacturing non-competitive. He tapped Myron Ebell to oversee the transition of the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) and instructed him to create a new mandate that rolls back the extensive environmental platform created by the Obama administration. Myron Ebell is not a scientist and does not believe in scientific facts endorsed by climate scientists. He talks glibly about the benefits of climate change and rightly earned the “climate criminal” tag from Greenpeace. He intends to destroy the US Clean Power Plan and all the other environmental measures put in place over the past eight years. He proposes to open up federal lands for logging and carbon extraction – oil, gas, coal – and rejects the Paris climate change accord. Conservation is not part of his vocabulary, so it is in the cards that the XL pipeline will be built, federal parks will end up drastically diminished, offshore drilling permits will be abundant while conservation measures are dumped world- wide. The strategic momentum engineered by Ebell makes America a rogue state. Its impact will destabilize global efforts to reign in climate change. Accused of “destroying our future” by the NY Times (November 11, 2016), Myron Ebell, America’s most prominent climate change skeptic, has an organization financed by Exxon and the coal industry. He plans to gut the EPA so that it serves his investors. The EPA will have nothing to do with “Protection” of the environment. It ushers in a new bottom line - protection of carbon profits for Trump’s corporate cronies. The
Pine Gate Mindfulness Community Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh Silent Meditation 7pm – 8pm every Thursday Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7
First Saturdays – Day of Mindfulness 5pm – 8pm Contact 613 726 0881 • firstname.lastname@example.org http://ianprattis.com/PineGate/index.html https://www.facebook.com/pinegatesangha/ recipe is in place to create disastrous global consequences. My latest book New Planet, New World, just released, is set in 2080. It charts the inevitable space mission to inhabit a new planet made necessary by willful ignorance about Climate Change on Planet Earth. Culture crash late in the twenty first century opens this epic novel. Children travel via spacecraft to a distant planet to escape Earth. A sharing of cultures-technologies ensues as they join other Earth refugees to form a new, sustainable, caring community. Intertwining plotlines arc into the epiphany of the final chapter, the end game of a philosophy for the future. New Planet, New World, is published by Manor House. The final book in a trilogy, offered at $25 with an additional bonus. Buy a copy of New Planet, New World directly from the author and also receive the two prior books in the trilogy for free. In Ottawa pick up your three books at 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7. 613 726 0881 email@example.com. Or order through: http://ianprattis.com/NewPlanet.html with links to Amazon, Indigo and Barnes & Noble.
ROLLANDE THOMPSON Since 1974. Renowned bilingual tarot card reader, palmistry, numerology. Accurate, honest and dependable. My readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and your finances. I respect my work and will give you only my best. Individual consultations at your service. House parties and my own psychic line. Only a phone call away. Formerly on CFRA, CHIP & Rogers TV Telepsychic Show To book an appointment, please call 819-684-6125
How do you experience season changes?
Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: Will there ever be world peace?
SRI CHINMOY: The world is still millions of miles away from world peace. However, just because we do not see the reality all at once, that is no reason to become discouraged. When we look at the darkness that is all around and identify with the darkness, it is almost impossible for us to have faith that there will be light. But remember, before the day dawns, it is dark. At the end of the darkness there is light. The world is constantly evolving towards a higher standard of life. It is not moving in a straight line, but rather in a spiral. Therefore, at times this progress is not immediately noticeable. To our human mind it may seem confusing and baffling, but on the strength of our inner oneness with the world situation and world evolution, we can unmistakably see the world’s slow and steady progress. True, man-made destructive forces are everywhere but the creator of these destructive forces can easily become a creator of good forces. A negative force is not negative by nature; it is only a force that we use in a negative way. For example, a knife can be used to stab others or with the same knife one can cut fruits and share them with others. The first step in turning a negative force into a positive force is to remain silent long enough to feel the divine, illumining and fulfilling light within. The second step is to bring this light forward and create positive realities that will accelerate humanity’s progress towards perfection. As you and I dream of peace, even so, there are many other dreamers of peace. The dream of world peace will always remain new and progressive, for creation itself is an ever-transcending reality. The things you see with your human eyes can never be as important as the things you feel with your soulful heart. If we can open our heart’s door and our mind’s windows, we will be able to see the illumining and fulfilling light all around us. Then only we shall discover continual progress in humanity’s march towards world peace. Visit www.srichinmoy.org for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
eaves have shown their colors and now have left. Trees are bear and still. Nature is preparing for a new season and everything is in transition. Can you sense it all around you? How do you experience this time of year? Some people sense this season to be lifeless, even as the worse months of the year. It feels cold, wet, even depressing and many of us dread a long weary winter coming. When I used to teach at the Waldorf School (Ruldolf Steiner), following the natural rhythm of nature was part of the philosophy. And at this time of year, organizing our outside world was only one part of what we needed to do. The other part was to prepare inwardly by looking in and connecting with that inner light and force. This ensured strength and courage to face the months to come.
Trees never lose sight of who they are. Even bare in the fall and winter, they remain as always, generous, proud, and vibrant with endless resonance and vigor. And yet, learning to do the same can be challenging at times for human beings. So for those needing support in the months coming and not somber into an unnatural state, may I suggest to you, PLAYFULNESS. A single essence for when you are affected by the light decreasing. Emotionally you may have somber thoughts or feeling somewhat low in energy and not feeling as joyful. This essence brings color and light into your life. Another tree essence, especially for this time of year, is JOYFUL LIVING. An essence to invite us back into the moment, restoring faith and reminding us that no matter what life sustains us. We suggest taking the essence morning and night and as needed. To your emotional heath! Céline Cloutier • www.essences.ca • 819.319.6162
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic
Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops.
Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.Ac, R.TCMP (Acupuncturist and Herbalist) Trained in the art of classical Chinese medicine, Tracey applies her modality to address not only symptoms, but also the root cause of issues so that you can move on to a healthier you! Treatments are customized to your individual patterns. Specialties include pain, women’s health, autoimmune, respiratory, digestive and mental health. Visit www.tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more info. Dana Hunsberger Dana is a Reiki Master, Integrated Energy Therapist, Reflexologist, Therapeutic Touch Practitioner, and Intuitive Reader. She offers Angel Guidance & Energy Therapy, Angel Card Readings, and Reflexology at Planet Botanix. Sessions are available on Wednesdays 10am - 6pm. Contact Dana to book an appointment: SacredChakraTherapies@gmail.com or www.sacredchakra.ca
Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details. Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional wounds. www.ottawacounselling.com Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot card reader (bilingual) Julie is a certified Reiki Master and instructor that will bring peace and sense of well-being. Apart from her Reiki gift, she is also a Tarot card reader/clairvoyant. Available Friday nights from 6 till 9, please feel free to contact the store or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment or walk-in. Patty Chevalier Samm Patty is a medical intuitive, ThetaHealing Instructor and Reiki Master. While looking at physical issues, limiting beliefs and thoughts, and blocks in the flow of life-force energy, Patty works intuitively with you to create change for the body, mind and spirit. Individual sessions and workshops are available. Visit www. keyahealth.com
Maritie Lord Maritie Lord is at Planet Botanix Saturday from 10:30 to 5:30. She offers Reiki, Theta, Intuitive Readings and Tarot. She has been helping with the healing process for over 15 years. Her rate is $1 minute, so $60 for the hour. Check out her Facebook Page at https://web. facebook.com/energyhealingintuitivereading/# or email at email@example.com Richard Ravenhawke, Psychic Richard has over 500 TV appearances, Over 300 radio spotlights, and 50 newspaper features to his credit. Richard has been a published columnist for 4 National magazines, and has had chapters dedicated to him in 3 books. Richard has been syndicated in 5 Asian countries with 3,000,000 listeners monthly! www. richardravenhawke.yolasite.com Christina Hearns Christina, the owner of Namaste My Friends, is at Planet Botanix every Thursday from 10-6. She is an intuitive advisor and specializes in what she calls a GIB (Guided Insights & Balancing) process. Some of her tools are reiki, chakra reading and crystal healing. She is also a yoga instructor and teaches Chill Out yoga. nmfyoga@ gmail.com or call 613-986-4648
3 s y a D ly On
119 Joseph Cyr, 417 & St. Laurent
January 27, 28 & 29, 2017
Friday: 2pm-10pm Saturday: 11am-10pm Sunday: 11am-6pm
TO P P RO F E S S I O NA L P S YC H I C R E A D E R S
Palmistry Mediums Tea cups Astrology Numerology Tarot Cards Aura Camera Lectures
David, a member of the Sinclair Family from (DaVinci Code & Oak Island). He will speak to you on your psychic abilities along with spiritual & healing hands. David has a new book, You Got The Whole World In Your Hands Fri. & Sat. 3 PM & 7 PM • Sun. 3 PM. BE PREPARED FOR WHAT’S COMING UP!
Free gemstone with admission $8.00; $5.00 with this ad Erin Lamont is a registered massage therapist (RMT) and owner of Therapeutic Effects Massage Therapy located in the Village Clinic. www.therapeuticeffects.ca 613-797-5481
Pathwork Open Lecture Discussions 2016 - 2017 Saint Paul University, 233 Main St;
follow the signs to the room
Jan 11, 2017; Feb 8; Mar 8; Apr 12 and May 10 • 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation: $15; members & program participants free Contact Jean: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-829-1254 All welcome Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org 14
Saint Germain Foundation From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor
10. Miscellaneous: vitamin D lights; full spectrum light; infrared saunas 11. Occasional gentle cleansing days to offset heavy winter food s we head into the cold and dark, there are things 12. Go south for 2+ weeks if you can afford it! we can do to keep from slipping into lethargy and depression. You probably know many of them: Best of luck in coping well in this challenging climate… 1. More sleep/naps per your Ayurvedic body type (BanyanBotanicals.com to discover it) Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. directs Carp Ridge 2. Regular exercise, again according to your type EcoWellness Centre where we run programs for healing and sustainability. Sign up for our newsletter/updates 3. Introspection…meditation…spiritual study… 4. …interspersed with warm social activities, games, at www.ecowellness.com and check out our store for affordable high quality supplements delivered in 2-3 music and dancing days! We also offer naturopathic care, hair analysis to 5. Warming food for your type; decrease cold and raw screen for mineral deficiencies and heavy metals. food 6. Winter supplements: vitamin D (1000-5000 IU depending on your blood levels); a good multi vitamin with trace minerals; occasional probiotics for GI health; glandulars to strengthen weak organs (liver, adrenals, thyroid, spleen, thymus, etc); herbs that boost immunity and good spirits (astragalus, echinacea, St Johns Wort, burdock); fish oil for immunity, depression and brain health 7. Warm oil rubs for dry skin and nervous agitation 8. Hydrate: with herbal tea and humidifiers 9. Warming tea: ginger
Happy in Winter
Post Operative Recovery and Acupuncture By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
urgery is a powerful tool in the modern medical tool kit and is used today in a wide range of applications. Surgery for musculoskeletal conditions is called orthopedic surgery, and is used to treat musculoskeletal trauma, degenerative diseases, sports injuries, infections, tumours, and congenital disorders (disorders we are born with). This includes surgeries such as hip or knee replacement, spinal surgery or fusion, carpal tunnel release, or repair of tendons, ligaments, or cartilage. However, there are many, many other surgeries that are performed for a variety of reasons, such as to help relieve or prevent pain, to reduce a symptom, to improve some body function, or to diagnose conditions. With surgery comes certain post-operative side effects and risks. Some of the major concerns with surgery is dealing with post-surgery pain and the side effects of pain medications, as well as making a complete recovery from surgery and regaining our former mobility and functions. Doctors rely on powerful medications to relieve pain during and immediately after surgery, including opioids and anesthesia. Opioid pain medications are known to cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, pruritis (itch or a sensation that makes a person want to scratch), constipation, and sleepiness, symptoms which can cause difficulty in the recovery and interfere with our day-to-day life. Use of opioids and their side effects may also delay post-operative recovery. Acupuncture is an excellent option for post-operative recovery and has been shown to be very effective in the treatment of both post-operative pain and the side effects of opioid medications. Acupuncture is probably best known for the treatment of pain and it is indeed very effective for relieving pain and reducing the need for pain medications. Pain limits your ability to breathe deeply, cough, walk and perform the activities necessary for a speedy recovery, and acupuncture can help to manage the pain so that recovery can happen more quickly. Acupuncture can also treat the side effects of pain medications including dizziness, upset stomach or nausea, loss of appetite, pruritis (itching sensation), urinary incontinence, and digestive problems, making it an effective option for post-operative recovery. Acupuncture can also help with the body’s recovery following surgery. While surgical techniques have come a long way, surgery still remains a type of trauma that the body must recover and heal from afterwards.
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
Acupuncture helps to boost the immune system and to restore proper functioning to the body, and in postoperative care can help the body to recover and regain health more quickly. Acupuncture can also help with inflammation, decrease swelling and improve mobility and range of motion after surgery. This is important to recovery in order for a person to regain their full abilities and have full use of the body in the months down the road from surgery. Acupuncture may also help reduce adhesion formation and reduce scarring and scar tissue as the body heals from surgery. Research shows that acupuncture can indeed be very effective for post-operative recovery when surgery is followed by a series of acupuncture treatments, and it can also be beneficial to perform acupuncture a day or two before surgery. This ensures that the body is in a healthy state going into surgery in order to ensure a complete and healthy recovery.
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
FOR MAT I O N/ T R A INING Maîtrise du Système Énergétique MD
S TA R T I N G AU G U S T 2 0 1 7
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Pour devenir naturothérapeute en énergie et/ou croissance personnelle. Formation intensive et reconnue par A.N.N. Suzanne Cloutier 819 682-1811 email@example.com
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
January 28-29 ~ Toronto February 25-26 ~ Peterborough March 11-12 ~ Ottawa (Almonte)
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org, 905 430-4953 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
Working with Digestive issues
Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch® Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach ecently, I’ve been considering the work I do with many clients who experience changes in their digestion system during and following sessions in my studio. They have not initially come to see me because of their digestion, but as we work together, and we hear all the gurgling and other digestive sounds. We become more and more aware of how effective QuantumTouch therapy affects our elimination system, that is specifically the colon .I work on the lower abdomen when working with pain in the lower back. I’ve subsequently done some research in this area, I’ve am aware of how often we treat ourselves with laxatives for constipation, and rather than eliminate the problem, we actually begin a process that can potentially cause much more serious consequences. I have been taking psyllium for regularity for many years, and when I had an colonoscopy several years ago, the results were so amazingly positive, my doctor asked me how I managed to have such a ‘clean colon’. When I told him about my work and my energy work practice and my use of psyllium, he told me that it was so much better than using laxatives, as so many other patients do. In my work, I have learned how the peristaltic action of the colon is the movement that moves material through the many meters of colon to have effective elimination.
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
In Ottawa area serving Ontario & Western Quebec
AILEEN MCKENNA Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
When people use a lot of laxatives, the peristaltic action is no longer able to function as the colon gets stretched out. People may be told that their colons are very long, but they don’t understand why that has happened. With one of my clients, as I was working with her for a number of other conditions, told me that she kept feeling this upward movement in her lower body, as if something within her was being lifted. When she would get up from the table, it was clear that she seems taller, and that her lower body seemed to be somewhat more slender. She would say again, that she felt that something had moved upward. Finally I asked her about constipation and laxatives. She told me that when she was a child this was a regular practice, and that during a colonoscopy process, they had stopped it because they said her colon was just too long, and that they could only do a small part of it. I believe that we discovered what had happened in the past, and that it had now been resolved. I now regard all the gurgling sounds in the lower abdomen when I’m working on lower back issues to actually be created greater health in the colon. Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and CranioSacral prior to learning QuantumTouch® therapy. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can check out her website at www. aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www.wellnessunlimited.ca and the Quantum-Touch website at www. quantumtouch.com
Ottawa’s Future Destiny as the Spiritual Capital of Canada ONLINE Premiere of “Envisioning an Enlightened Canada” - Version 3.0
by Daniel Mauro ttawa is evolving into a pioneering spiritual hub for Canada. The area of land spanning our National Capital Region is sitting on very sacred ground. How do we know this? Several reasons. Let’s explore four of them. First, indigenous tribes from around North America met regularly at the Chaudière Falls and its Islands some 6000 years ago for celebratory rituals and spiritual practices. Second, this site sits on unceded Algonquin territory and is mathematically connected (distance-wise) to 3 sacred temple sites: the Giza Pyramid (in Egypt), the Angor Wat Temple (in Cambodia), and the Mayan Temple Complex (in Mexico). Third, a growing contingent of individuals in our Nation’s Capital – energy healers, lightworkers, peacemakers, visionaries, and spiritually gifted entrepreneurs – are emerging as wayshowers for this new age of consciousness. Fourth, our new prime minister Justin and his wife Sophie Grégoire, have been described as spiritually evolved, heart centered individuals. A positive sign of the times within the governing sphere. Combined, these 4 phenomena may be taken as modern clues demonstrating Ottawa’s spiritual coming of age. Our city shows great promise to become a spiritual mecca in the near future wherein seekers visit us from far and wide for spiritual nourishment, enlightened wisdom, advanced healing, and consciousness innovations. The energetic blueprint for Ottawa was planted long ago and now the conscious co-creative work towards ripening that vision begins.
C A NA DA 3.0 ~ONLINE WEBINAR EVENT~
Join Daniel for an update on OTTAWA’S emerging role as Canada’s Spiritual Capital
Tuesday, DEC 20 @ 7 PM Please REGISTER in Advance: www.SpeakingVisionaries.com
Please join Daniel and friends on Tuesday, December 20 @ 7 pm for an ONLINE presentation of “Enlightened Canada 3.0.” We’ll offer an update surrounding Ottawa’s emerging destiny as Canada’s Spiritual Capital, addressing 4 primary issues: (1) Our newly formed Council of Eight; (2) Plans for an integrated web & social media presence; (3) Funding initiatives; and (4) An online marketing campaign devoted to William Commanda’s Circle of All Nations vision for the Sacred Chaudière Falls and Island Site. To attend this ONLINE presentation visit www. SpeakingVisionaries.com (in advance) and select the EEC 3.0 tab. You’ll see a webinar registration link. Simply enter your name and email and show up at the prescribed time. Thanks to our user-friendly webinar platform, we’ll be able to conduct live polls and interactive Q & A. For more info please contact Daniel at: email@example.com
MALACHAI I www.MalachaiCounselling.com
What Would it Take to Awaken the Essential You?
~ Spiritual Counsel for Awakening Souls ~ “A genius at understanding people” - Dr. W. Bento “Highly clairvoyant, a clear channel” - Lisa Garr “A master of psychology” - Yogishri Vishvketu “Super ancient soul” - Melanie (Shaman) To book your complimentary session:
by Malachai n navigating the intricacies of your life’s mission, the key is to bring forth the most authentic version of who you are in every moment. Your essence holds so much spiritual power if only you could access more of it. This process often involves shedding layers, resolving karma, healing emotional wounds, purifying the body temple. However, during so-called “choice points” or moments of grace you may shortcut the process by focusing on a different facet of who you believe yourself to be. In my path, I walk humbly as a modern day priest, mystic, and healer who gently coaxes individuals into their authentic power. The counselling approach is simple and relaxing, yet potent: We hold a clear loving space for those hidden aspects of you to emerge. To set up a session, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
people are dressing up in clown costumes and terrorizing local children such as the students of Pope Francis Catholic School in downtown Toronto. Ottawa & Toronto Hypnotist Luke Michael Howard PH.D is offering any children who have been affected by what is called "The Clownpocalypse" a free hypnosis session to help them overcome their phobia. "Coulrophobia" The fear of clowns is very real. It affects around 12% of people in North America. Says Like Michael Howard Ph.D a Clinical Hypnotherapist who has specialized in phobia removal for almost 20 years. The phobia can result in a state of panic, increase anxiety and stress. Where the affected people experience difficulty in respiration, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea and feelings of fear. It affects a lot of people especially Children this time of year. In 2008, a greatly reported University of Sheffield, England, review of 250 children between the age range of four and 16 found that almost all of the youngsters disliked and even feared images of clowns. The BBC’s
analysis featured a child psychologist who broadly announced, “Hardly any children like clowns. They are unfamiliar and come from a different era. They don't look funny, they just look odd.” "Coulrophobia" the Clown phobia is remarkably common. a lot of people assume that, because clowns are associated with carnivals and fun, and typically wear colorful clothes and over sized shoes and do funny things, children must like them. And some children do like them. But most often, children absolutely hate and are scared by them, and may get into screaming fits of anxiety even at the sight of one. From a psychologist’s point of view, a fear of clowns often starts off in the child years; there’s even an entry in the psychologists’ bible, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders or DSM, for a fear of clowns, although it’s under the umbrella category of a pediatric phobia of costumed characters (mascots, Donald duck). “It begins normally in children about the age of two, when they experience panic about being around new people, too. At that time, there's minds are still developing, they’re not always in a position to separate imagination from reality,” explains Dr . Brenda Wiederhold, a experienced psychologist who runs
Are You Afraid Of Clowns? nasty new trend have migrated from the US. Where
“I Can Make YouStop Stop Smoking in One Hour”Hour” “I Can Make You Smoking in One If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
any of us in the New Age, Spiritual, Alternative community, would prefer to own our own homes, rather than continue to rent. But, realistically, what are the choices? Perhaps move 40 to 100kms. out of Ottawa, to find a less expensive house, in a small town or one in the country and ideally work in the local area. Without work close to home, there is the time and expense of commuting back to Ottawa. When you look at affordable housing in Ottawa, there are options for condo townhouses and condo apartments, selling for $160,000 up to $200,000. These are usually older units, with monthly condo fees of $330 and up, which is combined with your monthly property taxes and utilities, for your total costs. Then there is the concern about the management of individual condo complexes (some have a number of problems) and there is no regulation about how much the condo fees can be increased year to year. New condos are springing up everywhere is Ottawa, with very attractive, central locations. The lower range of new condos, are selling for $225,000 and up, for a SMALL suite, with another $25,000 to $50,000 extra for ONE parking space. Then monthly condo fees of $375 and up, along with taxes and utilities. The housing prices in Ottawa have definitely increased, from a fairly low level in the mid 1990s, I would say up to 4060% higher today. Ok, it sure reduces the options, for those wanting to buy their first home but there are still options.
Ok, so the price is low, what about the monthly costs? Since the home owner does not own the land, there is a monthly fee of $440, sometimes less, but up to $550 or even $750. This is something you want to find out, early on in your search, as some parks have higher fees than others. A very POSITIVE consideration, is that the fee is made up of land rental, COMBINED with taxes. So that monthly $440 fee, for example, might be $380 land rental and $60 for property taxes. The good thing is, you are protected from unforeseen costs. The land rental is subject to Rent Control Restrictions, implemented by the Ontario Gov’t. and can only increase a small amount each year. The property tax portion goes up very slowly, as the value of the mobile is low and increases due to reassement are only every few years. Just to highlight these figures, once you purchase a mobile, your monthly fee will be, for example, $550 per month, plus utilities. You will be able to purchase a mobile home with 5% down, through CMHC, provided you have regular income from a job and an appropriate credit rating. Not all banks provide mortgages for mobiles, but Scotiabank and TD will, at certain locations. In conclusion, this option is similar to living in a bungalow, as the mobiles are on one level, parking right at the door, only up a couple of steps to bring in groceries and at other times, luggage from those trips down south. Each home has a nice yard, with the option to build a patio or deck. Since it is your own home you can decorate the inside and renovate it to suit your taste as well, you can also change the look on the outside, with permission from the park. All this comes with a lright, time to “think outside the box”, for a very low initial cost, as well low monthly fees. realistic option. Mobile Homes provide an amazing Because of rumour, hearsay and what is seen on TV, opportunity to own your own home. There are many there is a negative connotation to living in a mobile mobile home parks in or a short distance from, Ottawa. home. Some people may tongue in cheek refer to trailer Living in a park, is like living in the country. The parks trash, but for myself, as a resident of a mobile home are in separate communities, usually off main streets park, I refer to us as “High Class Trailer Trash”, as we and therefore no traffic noise, yet walking distance to all have done a fair bit of renovating/upgrading. amenities. There are usually lots of trees and each home With an open mind and some creative thinking, you has it’s own private greenspace/yard. Depending on the too may find a good alternative for home ownership. park, the age and condition of the mobile, they can range from $75,000 normally for a good sized 2 bedroom, up to To contact the author, Chris Laidler, for $100,000-$120,000 for a three bedroom and up to $140,000 information or questions e-mail me at for a brand new, 2 bed. 2 bath, modern unit, with garage. email@example.com These all include at least 2 parking spaces, in the price.
Affordable Home Ownership
a panic & stress clinic in California that uses virtual reality to help children. A child who is terrified of clowns most probably will grow up to be an adult who's fearful of clowns. But an adult who never had any concerns about isn't immune to the phobia- These symptoms can begin at any age. After having his Niece affected by an incident in the UK. And the heartbreak it has caused Luke Michael Howard Ph.D have volunteered his services to help youngsters overcome this fear.
Luke Michael Howard PH.D is a Clinical Hypnotist serving Ottawa & Toronto. He has helped thousands of clients for 20 years. He can be reached at 613-878-5874, firstname.lastname@example.org www.LUKEnosis.com
Horoscope for December 2016
Tip of the Month: December begins with the New Moon in Sagittarius (Nov 29.) underway promising a dynamic and eventful year end. All the ‘personal planets’ will change signs. Mercury in Sagittarius enters Capricorn on Dec 2nd then turns retrograde on the 19th. Mars moves from Aquarius to Pisces on the same day. Venus leaves Capricorn and enters Aquarius on Dec. 7. Sun enters Capricorn on December 21st marking Winter Solstice. The New Moon in Capricorn occurs on Dec. 28. 2017 is year 1 of a 9-year cycle; get ready for a pivotal year.
Aries (Mar. 21-Apr. 19): Increasing the scope of your social and professional outreach is important now. Cultural interests peek earlier in the month. By Solstice, your mood sobers to make key moves to support a confident launch into 2017. Taurus (Apr. 20-May 20): A steady flow of change in your overall status quo continues. You are pensive and perhaps a bit worried about things, yet you feel more empowered as well. Uncertainty could sneak back in this month. Don’t let it; stay faithful. Gemini (May 21-June 20): Despite lingering tensions, you are able to focus on the good and have fun. Intuition will guide you to be extra selective in your communications as the month progresses. Despite the politics, your commitments deepen and confidences grow. Cancer (June 21-July 22): Key efforts to create beauty and harmony close to home feel important and right. Innovative ideas take hold. Sharing your dreams and schemes proves inspiring. You could get resentful if pressured to compromise too much from mid-month on. Leo (July 23-Aug. 22): Creative inspirations abound early this month. At worst, there are too many. Time management will prove necessary. Your ability to concentrate deepens as the month progresses and you are better able to attend to the details.
Virgo (Aug. 23-Sep. 22): You are enjoying a boost of confidence to confront lingering issues, fears and blocks. This inspires a steady flow of thoughts and strategies. Yet you have to give more than usual to succeed. Fortunately, you want to. Libra (Sep. 23-Oct. 22): December begins on a busy note. You are determined to breach barriers. Efforts to concentrate steadily increase. You want to play and socialize especially prior to Solstice. You are quieter and more reflective in the final stretch. Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Digging deep into a well of faith and optimism feel right, perhaps even necessary. Hovering close to home brings peace and inspires appreciative sentiments. A playful, imaginative and creative mood grows steadily all month. Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Practical interests must progressively contend with social activities. The dilemma increases steadily all month. The social appeal takes the lead and you may well wrack-up the cards but, all things considered, you assess it is worth it. Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Focused on business and other more serious matters, your mood is strategic and conservative. Key developments close to home are more important than social affairs. Important decisions are made before the year ends. Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Themes of ethics, principles, justice and politics are forefront on your mind. You are concerned about the state of the world and your own future plans. Working inwardly to allay fears feels necessary. A bold resolve steadily grows. Pisces (Feb. 19-Mar. 20): Your career, social status, and reputation are important areas of focus. You are determined to increase social approval and improve business. Implementing new and better strategies feels important. Partying holds little appeal. By Michael O'Connor - email@example.com
Unlock Your Potential: Mind, Body and Soul
odern life can be a challenge. The stresses that we experience in our daily lives can create subconscious blocks. These blocks impair our ability to pursue the goals that we seek both in our personal and professional lives. However, thanks to the service that Iain Balmain is bringing to Canada, and to the U.S., many more people will be empowered in ways that are truly amazing. Iain has become no stranger to unlocking the hidden potential within us as human beings, thanks to a profound spiritual awakening. In the aftermath of having had such a transformative experience, Iain began working with an eclectic array of spiritual experts before founding Innerconsult.co.uk “I decided to dedicate my life to helping others find the same professional and personal satisfaction of inner development and insight,” says Iain. Mr Balmain does not present himself as a magician. Rather, he has sought to gain knowledge and wisdom, which he seeks to professionally share with others. Iain’s spiritual awakening has not only enabled him to perceive Earth’s energies in general, but also to help clients get in touch with their past lives in relationship to their present every day life challenges. Indeed, it is only when you get in touch with your divine self than you can realize the potential that is within you. The soul is truly an often ignored but integral part our human health and psychic potential. By bringing together your mind, body and soul in fluid synergistic harmony, you enable yourself to have an elevated state of consciousness that will provide you with clarity. In so doing, you will be able to make the kind of decisions that will be better for you. Through Iain Balmain, take yourself on a voyage of self-discovery that will be self-affirming, enjoyable, and potentially and financially rewarding. Upon review, Iain Balmain’s rates are at bargain basement prices when you factor in how many lives he has helped professionally to financially better their positions while also saving time and money pursuing fruitful directions. As humans, time is indeed precious to us all, and the more we can save and spend in productive ways, the more we will feel self-fulfilled. So, if you’re not getting the advice that you feel you need from family, friends, secular counsellors like therapists or religious advisors like pastors, ministers, priests, rabbis and imams, why not explore the services of Iain Balmain today?
Good Grief: Feel to Heal By Rev. Roxanne Buckle
he death of someone or something precious to you is not something that you will “overcome” or “let go of.” The loss of that which we have loved doesn’t call out to be “resolved” or “explained,” but to be experienced. Acknowledging and feeling our losses is necessary for healing. In fact, the resistance to grief can cause more suffering than the pain itself. As difficult as it is, we must surrender to what is. As Helen Keller said, “The only way to the other side is through.” Grief is a natural reaction to loss. As spiritual beings having a human life experience, we live in the paradox of the infinite, eternal, permanent nature of spirit and the impermanence of the physical realm. These impermanent aspects of human existence show up in more than the loss of physical bodies. There are many other losses including relationships, a career, a dream, an object, innocence, pets... From Finding Yourself in Transition, “Everything in this phenomenal world has at least one thing in common: it all had a beginning, and it all will come to an end.” Emotion is energy in motion. When emotions, particularly the emotions experienced with loss, are
~ Sunday Celebration at 10:30 a.m. ~ Christmas Eve Service: Dec 24 at 5:30 p.m. ~ New Years Eve Burning Bowl: Dec 31 at 5:30 p.m. Location: The Good Companions Centre (670 Albert St.) Lots of parking and bus stop at the door For more information go to unityottawa.org or call us 613-700-6489 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org We are an inclusive, joy-filled community celebrating Oneness. All are Welcome!
not processed, they get carried in our body, psyche and soul. If denied expression, these emotions resurface. We must honour our loss to experience the new beginning or the good that awaits. It’s easy to see Spirit present in nature and to believe that for new leaves to sprout, the old must die. When everything gets covered in snow is Sprit still present? Dying is a natural part of the cycle of life. Our spiritual growth comes in our awareness of this principle in every moment. (excepted from a Sunday lesson by Rev. Roxanne Buckle at Unityottawa.org)
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2016 sessions
613 266 7013 • email@example.com http://www.numetrica.city/
Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com firstname.lastname@example.org
New & Powerful Qi-Matic Qi-matic Research Center PRESENTS Healing Energies For You
igong Master James Foo (known as Sifu James) has been coming to Ottawa from Toronto for the past five years to share his unique Qi-Matic Qigong healing knowledge and energy healing techniques in weekend workshops (Levels 1-5), and retreats. Attendees learn simple, effective, energy frequency-based tools for personal healing and to heal others. Adapting to the New Earth Energies The Earth’s energy is shifting quickly. Sifu James is dedicated to helping humanity adjust smoothly to this incoming, high-frequency energy. Through the mechanism of free webcasts (or optionally connect by phone) he has been helping people around the world raise their vibrations to adapt to the new frequencies. People can sign up to participate in these free energy transmissions by joining the community at Masterpiecelife.com in order to receive emails describing date, time, and connection instructions. Energy Paper Matrices Sifu James is a dedicated researcher, continuously investigating and perfecting simple and easy ways to achieve healing. One example is his popular, downloadable energy papers, available at JamesFoo.ca. DNA Energizer Matrix During the summer of 2016, Sifu James perfected two stronger matrices: a pure (love) energy matrix and a very powerful DNA Energizer matrix. After testing them on himself and volunteers, the DNA Energizer matrix was transferred into stickers which must be imprinted with an individual’s DNA through an activation process. At his October and November 2016 workshops, Sifu James activated stickers for participants to attach to pendants (not supplied) that they can wear next to their bodies. The participants then directed “boosted” energy to heal themselves or others. Energy-sensitive participants reported that the DNA Energizer energy is very powerful, and they could feel it moving through their bodies as the energy accelerated repair of the physical bodies. Testimonial A very heart warming testimonial is from an October workshop student who has been doing energy healing on a cancer client with some results. The client was hospitalized since September and was totally bedridden.During the Sunday workshop practice session,the student did distance healing using her DNA Energizer .The next day the student received an email was that this client was up walking on her own and was scheduled to be released from the hospital in a few days!
Qigong workshops given by Sifu James January 14, 2017 ~ 9:30am - noon FREE SEMINAR What is Qi-Matic Qigong Activation of personalized DNA Energizer sticker
At Kitchissippi United Church at 630 Island Park Drive MORE WORKSHOPS: Jan 14 & 15, 9:30-4 Feng Shui 101 Feb 11 & 12, The Core of Qi-Matic Qigong: Foundation for future workshops at The International Academy of Health Education 380 Forest St.
Information and Registration: Angela Fung email@example.com or 613 762 8893 Get Your Free DNA Energizer Sticker on January 14 Wishing to help as many people as possible, Sifu James will make the DNA Energizer sticker available free to all attendees at an information seminar on January 14, 2017. He will go through the process of imprinting the DNA of each individual on his or her sticker and activating the stickers. In other words, you have to be present in person to get a sticker imprinted with your own DNA. You cannot wear someone else’s DNA-imprinted sticker. When you wear your sticker, preferably attached to a pendant to preserve effectiveness up to four months, you can call for healing for yourself or others at any time. The DNA Energizer information seminar will be held Saturday, January 14, 2017 at Kitchissippi United Church, 630 Island Park Dr. from 9:30 a.m. to noon. There is no charge, but it is important to register in advance. For information and registration, please contact Angela Fung at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613.762.8893. 2017 WORKSHOPS ($300) January 14 -15, 2017 Feng Shui 101: Create the best living environment in your home February 11-12 The Core of Qi-Matic Qigong: Foundation for future workshops April 1-2 Information Healing: Mapping and Transposing (Level 4) Angela Fung, RN, BA Psychology Qi-Matic Qigong Ottawa co-ordinator and practitioner Certified Bowenwork Practitioner Chow Qigong Instructor and Practitioner
Igniting The Healing Mindset: Healing From The Inside Out By Ann Jarvis of The Nourished Soul
ur thoughts about our health are just as important, if not more important that our health itself. For example, I know lots of people who rigorously research their condition. They go on chat boards and read about all of the ways in which their particular condition can manifest and the effects it can have on them. That thinking is fueled by the sickness mindset. It’s easy enough to get caught up in this mindset. In fact, the conventional medical mindset is steeped in this thinking. You are broken down into body parts and systems. You are typically not looked at as a whole person who has thoughts, feelings, emotional histories, old traumas, wants, needs or wishes for yourself. You are prescribed a medication or booked in for a procedure or surgery and off you go. There’s just not much thought given to a crucial piece of the puzzle; the one that can allow you to heal almost anything. I should know. I’ve been there. A million times. Having had a chronic, autoimmune illness for over 20 years, I know this system. I know the mindset of: It doesn’t matter what you eat. It doesn’t matter what you think. It doesn’t matter how you move your body. All that is hoped for is that you can get to a place where your symptoms are managed. Notice I said ‘symptoms’ and not health. And notice I said ‘managed’ and not healed. There’s a BIG difference. When you switch gears to a healing mindset, everything changes. Here’s a day in the life of someone who has ignited the healing mindset. You wake up in the morning and you remember that you are not a victim. You are a warrior. You are a branch on the tree of life that has everything you require to live in deep, abundant health. You take a few minutes to just be with yourself and feel around for what is “up” within you today. You acknowledge the feelings, emotions, physical sensations and even your pain. You meet it without labeling it or judging it. It’s curiosity; like you’ve just sat down in a movie theatre to watch a show. Because you’ve moved your mindset from one of Victim to one of Warrior, there is no struggle as to what you decide to feed yourself for breakfast that morning (or any other morning). You no longer view eating well as having to ‘give up’ crappy food. Rather, you know what you have to gain by eating well and feeding your body the fuel that it needs in order to thrive. You go outside in the morning sun and remind yourself that you are an extension of the natural world and thereby work in concert with natural laws. That means eating food from nature (not from food manufacturing plants); moving your body the way it was meant to move (like walking,
running, bouncing, and jumping); meeting up with people in your community and supporting and loving each other; unplugging from your various technologies and gadgets throughout the day and putting them away, completely, by dinnertime; remembering to do as many pleasurable things throughout your day as you see to your responsibilities. You check in with your intuition often. Have you been having persistent gut feelings about something? Does something keep whispering in your ear again and again? In the healing mindset, that intuition is not ignored. Even if it flies in the face of some conventional dogma, you listen and you act on it because you know and remember that the wisest physician you have access to is YOU. You look at all of the blessings that have been bestowed upon you in this lifetime and you give heartfelt thanks. You do this because you know that when you focus upon what is working well, more wellness comes forth. You go to bed that evening, having emptied out the contents of your day (for some, that means writing it out on paper so their minds and bodies can rest at night) and look deep into your body. You thank your body for working tirelessly for you. Amongst the onslaught of the industrial age that we live in, we see that our bodies are, indeed, incredible warriors. They work on our behalf to balance, renew, regenerate, heal and keep us alive every second of every hour of every day of our lives. We bestow heartfelt thanks and gratitude for our bodies, our wisdom and our lives. A shift in mindset can shift an entire life. It can shift a medical diagnosis or condition and can do it quickly. You suddenly want to put whole, fresh, nutrient-dense foods into your body. You find yourself wanting to, even needing to move your body in certain ways. You find yourself unplugging and not feeling guilty about it because your peace of mind is more important than responding to someone on Facebook. It’s your decision. You can sit in the sickness mindset. Or you can change everything and sit in healing mindset. Either way, your body and mind will unconditionally love you through either. Personally, I’d rather be loved through health.
Written by Ann Jarvis of The Nourished Soul www.thenourishedsoul.ca email@example.com
The Evolutionary Method Mastery Healing Program
“All disease begins in the gut.” Hippocrates
fter having had a chronic, digestive, autoimmune illness for nearly 20 years, I completely healed my “incurable” disease and am now living with incredible health, vitality and joy. I have found what works and what doesn’t; what the body and mind need to heal and what prevents that healing. This program is like a fire starter that, with your commitment, can completely change the way your body functions. In this program, we draw upon the wisdom of Evolutionary (ancestral) diet, movement and socialization in order to get your body back to a state of vibrant health and wholeness.
This Personal, One on One Program Is Right For You If: • You’ve had persistent digestive issues (bloating, diarrhea, constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, unexplained or hard to get rid of belly fat, ADHD, chronic skin issues (eczema, acne, psoriasis), ear infections, Autoimmune Disorders) • You’ve tried conventional medicine and have not seen resolution to your struggles • You want to see what the body is capable of doing when you give it the proper tools, diet and nourishment • You want to heal your body at the root of the dysfunction, rather than suppress your symptoms • You’re tired of feeling tired all the time and are ready to step into the fullness of your being This program requires a 3 month commitment from you. It requires you to be open to finding out what emotional triggers you are still dealing with (by which your body has been compensating through illness or discomfort). It allows you to see exactly what your ideal diet looks like and what your body needs to be properly nourished. This program gives you every single tool that you will require to recover and move into a thriving and healthy space. Specifically, during the 3 months you will learn and receive: • Exactly what foods are healing your belly and which foods are hurting your belly • A bio-individual diet and meal plan that allows you to shop and prepare amazing meals that will finally nourish your body and mind • Discover what your cravings mean and how to see them from a different perspective so you can heal them • Learn how the environment you live and work in affects you and how to manage it • Learn about the importance of ancestral movement and find out what kinds of movement best suits your body type • Delve into how your social connections are feeding you. Are they leaving you hungry or happy? • How your past traumas and wounds may still be playing a role in your body and how to let them go I invite you for a 20 minute FREE Discovery Session. During this session, I learn a little bit about you and you learn a little bit about me. We see if we jive together and I fill you in on what our work together would look like. I invite you to come and see what’s possible for your life! For more information about The Evolutionary Method Mastery Healing Program, please contact Ann Jarvis at (613) 218-6899 or go to: www.thenourishedsoul.ca for more information.
Numerology Forecast for December 2016
dd the day of your birth to the month of your birth. Then add the number 3 for the month of DEC. NOTE – If you’re final number adds up to double digits, add the two numbers together again until you get a single number. If you still have trouble, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Important note: This information is based on your current monthly cycle according to the laws of numerology. If you email me at (Lbaird@istar.ca) I will send you additional free information for the current year that you are in for 2016. Please send your day and month of birth. Free monthly newsletter also available. 1. Rough ride, eh? I know that this year was difficult for you, but it would be weird if it was not. This is one of the toughest influences. Your stresses and worries should begin to fade by the end of the month. Take extra time this month to rest and heal your weary mind and body. You are moving into a stronger phase soon. 2. Try to be extra generous to your special clients, friends and loved ones this Christmas. If you can’t afford to spend money on them spend more time. Diplomacy is required in all your relationships. If you are pushy they will push back, so be careful. 3. Is there anything or anyone that you do not want to take with you, into your next 9 year cycle? Use this month to do the final excavation of everything that has to go. Try to also factor in some fun or travel. Get ready for a new cycle in your life. Can you feel it starting? 4. I know that you have worked very, very hard, this year, and may not have reaped the rewards yet. New business opportunities are stewing and they will lighten your load, soon. There is usually increased work and family duty at this time, but try to factor in a bit of time for you.
5. You will be forced to deal with a relationship that is on the brink of some kind of change. Deal with this now and make a pact with yourself to put more emphasis on your health and creativity next year. Next year it is time of “rebirthing of self”. 6. Are you thinking of making a major domestic commitment this month? You may want to wait until Jan., as there could be some issues that come up that make you rethink how you are going to do this. Home, relationship and family issues are spotlighted for you this month. 7. You must take a break or you might blow a brain cell. You are running on very low fuel and may feel totally toasted. Next year will be a busier year than you ever imagined, so get ready. Many, many changes are coming. Get ready as Feb. brings “change”. 8. Some long awaited change related to your business or money situation will finally appear. Just say “Yes”, to the offer and go for it, NOW. This is a month to take action, and promote yourself and your product. It is the perfect time to retire or get a new job, also. 9. You will not have much time for your own personal needs, in Dec. Every moment of your time will be focused on the kids, home or family responsibilities. Call Uncle Bill and the clan and invite them for some holiday fun. If you have a bit of extra time, use it to clean the dust bunnies from your home and get rid of unwanted junk and clutter. Many are getting ready to move at this time. Laura Young is an Intuitive Numerologist and Core Belief Modification coach: Lbaird@istar.ca or call 613-725-7232. In-person (Ottawa, ON), Phone, Face Time and Skype sessions are available. www.yourdaysarenumbered333.ca
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops Open and Express Your Heart and Soul with heavenly wisdom, healing and light! Quantum-Touch® Therapy
Venue: KS on they Keys 1029 Daze St. Ottawa Come & Join our Chapter’s First Anniversary Celebration! Featuring local Comedian Alastair McAlastair Also, Visionary Speaker Daniel Mauro on “Ottawa’s emerging role as a Spiritual Wayshower for Canada and the World” There will be free cheese cake for each person. Plenty of Prizes to give away, learn and be entertained. For more info Contact Pesi Shroff: (613) 829-0224 email@example.com www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west
The Secrets The leaves fall. Then gently, gently, things change. The snow appears. The ground is frozen solid. My eyes get frozen. My heart gets frozen. I freeze until I can’t feel anymore. I paralyse in the change. I hibernate. I cocoon. I fall. With a big thump. Spring arrives, things are born again. I look out and breathe. It is time. Time to let go. I release my secrets and I am born again.
• Seeking shared accommodation for early 2017 SPIRITUALLY-ORIENTED SENIOR looking to share a house or apartment with 1-2 other like- minded women (not necessarily seniors) in Feb. or March of next year. I’m peace-loving, healthy and health-conscious, and would love to live with others who are, too. I’d prefer to live in Ottawa’s west end, but am open to other areas. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. In fact, by the time you have your lunch break on the first day, you will have created amazing results. You will be learning from the first Canadian Quantum-Touch Instructor, with an amazing record.
Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space Part I Friday, January 27th, 2017 , 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
A workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, clearing a physical space, being present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone else working or living closely with others. For further information, a flyer and registration form call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751 or by e-mail at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com
New Year’s Reflections and Perspectives Saturday, December 31st. 2016 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Let’s have a different New Year’s Eve spending time in reflecting on the year just ending, and imaging meeting all our goals for the year ahead 2017 We will use some really neat meditative tools to do this process, and you will never consider New Year’s the same again. Just call Aileen at Aileen’s Oasis for information and Registration
Introduction to Polarity Therapy Cool Tools to enhance your practice Saturday, January 14th, 2017 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Call Aileen at Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272 for more information Or check out www.aileensoasis.com
Divine Healing Hands Certification Training Workshop Friday-Sunday, December 2–4, 10 am – 7 pm Elevate your natural healing abilities to divine source healing frequency and vibration with Divine Healing Hands. This extraordinary transmission can create miracles in your life and in the lives of your loved ones. St. Paul University, Laframboise Hall 2nd Floor, Normandin Room 249 Main St, Ottawa K1S 1C5 Information Master Lynda Chaplin ~ 647.654.7711 Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com Meetup.com/SoulMindBodyWellness-Ottawa Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa
819.319.6162 www.essences.ca email@example.com
Monthly Meeting Wednesday, December 14 6:30-9:30pm
Level I Certificate Training weekend based on the new updated model Saturday and Sunday, January 28th and 29th, 2017, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna firstname.lastname@example.org or Aileen’s Oasis www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751
POUR VOTRE SANTÉ ÉMOTIONNELLE FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL HEALTH
Présidente | President Coach de vie, médiatrice Life Coach, Mediator
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact email@example.com SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or email@example.com. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. FRIENDS OF JUNG OTTAWA: present / appreciate / share ideas of C.G. Jung. Monthly, 2nd Saturday, 2 pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see https://friendsjungottawa.wordpress.com
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
& Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor, Destiny Card Readings. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE: naturopathic doctor, healing groups, weekly meditation, nature programs, retreats, natural products, workshop and therapy spaces in beautiful nature 35 min NW of Ottawa. www.ecowellness.com, 613-839-1198
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting AMBITION ACCOUNTING – Bilingual Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CGA) with over 14 years of experience, providing bookkeeping, cash management, financial reporting and advice, budgeting and forecasting as well as strategic planning. Contact Jonathan at (613) 620-9965. www.AmbitionAccounting.ca IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China
THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Consistent, accurate, clinical results; food, supplements.
• Archetypal Energies USING ENERGIES BEHIND 2 DIMENSIONAL SYMBOLS...runes and much more...for growth & development. Group & individual sessions. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 email@example.com
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
DIRECTORY • Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org 11TH HOUSE ASTROLOGY GROUP, open to all levels, to exchange & learn, 2nd Monday of month (Sept.-June), 61 Main St. Ottawa. Info: 613-821-4839. INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com ASTROADVICE.CA – Enjoy Free Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Astrology Horoscopes. Order Your Personalized Reading and Get Your Questions Answered. Visit AstroAdvice.ca
• Aura Photography
Full body & chakra AURA PHOTOGRAPHY & Energy Clearing. Call: 613-699-7238 or click www.ReikiWithSusan.ca
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Buddhism IN RENOVATED CHURCH with attached Spa: Use of Hot tubs, Cold Tub, FAR Infrared & Finnish Saunas included in B&B price. Massage/Reiki available. Lanark: 613-2599988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist firstname.lastname@example.org or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, email@example.com or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613415-1139 firstname.lastname@example.org
BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com
BOOKKEEPING SERVICES for Small Businesses, Non-Profit Org. Practical Accounting for Health and Wellness Practitioners. Bilingual Services, Free Consultation. More than 35 years of experience. Please contact Lucie at 514-7556570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Bette@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-722-4249. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca
PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 firstname.lastname@example.org www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email email@example.com DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you
DIRECTORY require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538
KATHERINE ARNUP PhD. Helping you navigate life’s transitions and challenges. Whether you are facing retirement, divorce, or an unexpected loss, I can help you overcome your fears and embrace your life with courage and passion. Expertise in dealing with illness, aging, death and dying. Contact me at katherine@ lifechangescoaching.ca for a free 1/2 hour session. http://www.lifechangescoaching.ca ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by
most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 firstname.lastname@example.org ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 EXPLORING THE POWERS OF THE MIND What are the tendencies of the mind? How can it be directed to be a supportive companion through the journey of grief? In this workshop you will explore practices - including visualization, breathing techniques, concentration and reflection - to help you understand the mind’s powers and expansive possibilities. This workshop will be offered by Swami Matananda, for Bereaved Families of Ottawa in partnership with Yasodhara Ashram. REGISTRATION REQUIRED Wednesday, October 28th, 6:30 - 8:30 pm 211 Bronson Ave $30 contact: email@example.com. HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www. healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow.com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe,supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org Cecilia Taiana Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
DIRECTORY • Courses
& land | Online Crystal Store and Retail Location | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | 2-Yr Crystal-Shamanic Certificate Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 613-4701888 email@example.com | www. ascensionhealing.ca
• Dance THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT At the CSNSD we offer you success as a Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner, a Certified Personal Reiki Practitioner, an Intuitive Counselor or Energy Therapist. You can even become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist. Also gain hours towards your A.N.N. membership through us! Have a look and Re-Ignite Your Life! www.canadiannaturotherapies.com 819-328-9128
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals
BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification IONCLEANSE FOOT BATH with support for the ongoing process of detoxing. $40.00 (incl HST) Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987
ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
AVALON ENERGY HEALING offers empowering and therapeutic in-person and distance sessions using Reiki, Integrated Energy Therapy (IET), Therapeutic Touch, Pranic Healing. Workshops for IET Certification Training: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced Levels. Contact Lori Ann (IET Master-Instructor) at www.avalonenergyhealing.com or 613-869-4859. RELEASE THE PHYSICAL, mental & emotional root blocks/stresses/traumas. Regenerate, accelerate physical healing, get guidance from your spirit guides and more… To experience a unique energy
DIRECTORY healing session with Monica please Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613864-4724 www.monicadumont.com ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custommade foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at email@example.com or www.spineandfoot.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Screen for toxic metals & nutritional deficiencies.
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
• Herbalism ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-612-1181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 8300487. Consultations & products available. MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www. nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328 MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-2056670 www.martinebrisson.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten
DIRECTORY parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - email@example.com www.kaivalya.ca
• Intuitive Energy Counselling I
NTUITIVE ENERGY THERAPY & TRAININGS. Happiness and Health are yours! I invite you to www.intuitivelight.com for further information. Cheryl Driskell 819-328-9128
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist who will guide you to become who you wish to be...Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE & HOT STONE MASSAGE- Professional practitioner and instructor certification programs. www.centreforholistictherapies.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
SUZANNE WHITE Bilingual Psychic/Medium, Card & Photo Readings, Dowsing, Psychometry and House Clearing. 343-882-6559 email@example.com www.suesintuition.ca INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367 MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579
GOT A NEED? HAVE A PROBLEM? LET ME SERVE YOU. Derek Van Der Light.
Shaman, Teacher & Exorcist. Call or Text: (613) 252-7509. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Blog: http://derekvanderlight.wordpress.com RUNE READINGS BY WILLOW-MARIE POWER For the turning points in your life when understanding the reasons behind your choices, passions and creativity make all the difference. Those times when you need to know what you really want and what matters most. I offer in-depth, hour-long readings (gift certificates also available). To schedule an appointment email: email@example.com or call 613-604-5086 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
DIRECTORY • Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Live Cell Microscopy
LIVE CELL MICROSCOPY. Heal yourself at the cellular level. View red and white blood cell health, and contents of the blood stream. www.aliveandwellness.ca
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427
NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca RIDEAU MASSAGE THERAPY - Feeling stress, pain,or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Free Parking. 418 Rideau St. 613-241-3434. More info at www.lorirmt.ca or contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com MAITLAND MASSAGE THERAPY: a healing company.Online booking. www. MaitlandMassage.ca Free parking. Melanie Ransom, RMT, BHSc. 878 Maitland Ave. 613-722-6423 RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. OTTAWA SHIATSU. Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415. www.ottawashiatsu.com
• Medical Intuitive MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca
MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. email@example.com 1 800 226 4428 CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org BRIDGE THE MEDITATIVE PROCESS with daily living using tools & techniques.Nancy 613-596.0260 email@example.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Vanier WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org, http:// bit.ly/TwinHearts SAHAJA YOGA MEDITATION. Awaken your Kundalini energy to balance you, connect you to cosmic consciousness, and bring about your spiritual rebirth. Visit us at freemeditation.com or sahajayoga.ca. Saturdays 3:00 pm Ottawa Public Library 120 Metcalfe (FREE) MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Weekly mindfulness practice, discussion & tea.
DIRECTORY • Metabolic Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Monitor your health with saliva & urine analysis.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• Nature Programs CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Ridgewoods preschool; summer & PD day camps
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Dr. Marcin Padlewski N.D. general practice; monthly patient groups with Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. Hair analysis, food & supplement testing, metabolic test.
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. email@example.com; 613-842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Organic Bedding CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Volunteer opportunities & share produce
• Organic Gardening CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression TAKE A JOURNEY and heal energy blocks at a soul level. To book your session with Monica please Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-864-4724. www.monicadumont.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, email@example.com, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:30-11:00am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@gmail.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail email@example.com and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. firstname.lastname@example.org Visit: www.TheReconnection.com ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
DIRECTORY REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com GREAT FOR STRESS, relaxation and general well-being. $40.00 Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com CATHERINE BASTEDO HOLOGRAPHICUSUI REIKI MASTER; Karuna Reiki® Master. Personalized classes in English or French; Reiki Master/Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. 819-9183436. email@example.com MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org
PESI SHROFF Traditional Usui Reiki Master/ Teacher & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins are committed to self-empower individuals who commit themselves to healing & personal growth. They offer Hands-on & Long Distance Reiki Treatments; Reiki Level I & II courses & Reiki Masters. Reiki is used for: Pain, Stress & Chronic Medical Condition Management; Anti-aging & Health maintenance; Improving Immunity, and more. Also See Workshops section. Visit www.zgoldenlight.com; Pesi: 613 829 0224; Lise: 613 795 1469; email@example.com “Empowering one person at a time” ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com 3 in 1 BASED ON USUI METHOD. New and all levels welcome (individual & small classes) Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Reiki Master. 1 hour Circa 1894 Day Spa visit included in treatment price. Lanark. 613-259-9988. Circa1894.ca
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. email@example.com CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Supervised or selfdirected retreats in beautiful countryside, yurt, cabin or tents.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836 GORGEOUS ‘VIOLET FLAME HEALING ROOM’ available at Green Spirit, a cosy, high vibration spiritual store located at 5558 Manotick Main St in Manotick. Very reasonable rates. Flexible schedules can be accommodated. Various forms of advertising included. CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Therapy rooms with tables; workshop spaces.
• Schools ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Yr Crystal-Shamanic Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | EOV (Extra Ocular Vision) | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s School of Remembering & more… 613-470-1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Certificate Crystal Shamanic-Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient Arts | 613-470-1888 | karen@ ascensionhealing.cawww.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 email@example.com www.lindaenergyhealer.com
DIRECTORY TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982 SHAMANIC ENERGY WORK IN PERSON OR AT A DISTANCE for physical, emotional and spiritual healing and well-being. Also animal totem workshops. Janice Land (613) 834-6677. www.journeytoinnerhealing.com
• Tea Leaf Reader
HOT TUBS, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas & more. By the hour, ½ day or day. Massage/ Reiki/B&B attached. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Practitioner, Reiki Master, IET®, Energy clearing & balancing for mind and body. Crystal layouts & grids. In person or distance, summary provided for distance. Contact: Brigitta at crystalspiritowl@gmail. com or 613-355-1832
• Shiatsu OTTAWA SHIATSU Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415 www.ottawashiatsu.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556. SOUND THERAPY WITH FIBONACCI & SOLFEGGIO TUNING FORKS. Expand your consciousness and promote healing on all levels of your being, across all dimensions. Bring your soul back into perfect alignment with its own ‘song’! Contact Kay Aveling at Green Spirit in Manotick, 613 692 5151 or 613 795 1970.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at email@example.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Supplements CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com High quality supplements online/discount.
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. email@example.com
TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thai Massage LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St. 613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at email@example.com or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Therapies & Healing PAST LIVES AND KARMIC HEALING. Through deep meditation reconnect with your past lives to heal hold wounds and free yourself from karmic links. Nathalie Hillman in Gatineau, French or English. firstname.lastname@example.org 819-930-2290 reprisedememoires.com
• Thermography Breast Imaging CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at email@example.com DO YOU WONDER IF THINGS ARE EVER GOING TO LIGHTEN UP... or if anyone can help? Experienced, compassionate, intuitive, adept at clearing the way. Several methods tailored to your situation and needs. 45-minute appointments; central, phone sessions. Lynda Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
DIRECTORY • Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, email@example.com, 613-236-5758. MINIMEWEBSITES.COM Affordable websites, banners. Free Consultation: 613-824-9348 WEBSITESBYDARLENE.COM - One small business helping another. From $250. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins: Bring about the Paradigm Shift from a mindcentered to a heart-centered approach. Workshops: 1) Letting go of False Ego; 2) Releasing Self-limiting Thoughts; 3) Releasing Unpleasant states - Fear, Anger, Frustration, etc; 4) Forgiveness, the Easy Way; 5) Energetically Harmonizing Your Relationships; 6) Energetically Quietening Your Mind. Also see Reiki section. Visit www. zgoldenlight.com; 613 829 0224; 613 795 1469; email@example.com “Empowering one person at a time” SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www. spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; email@example.com; www.revev. ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at aileen@ aileensoasis.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION, SelfEmpowerment, Counseling & Developmental Workshops by Reiki Master Pesi Shroff &
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS with an esoteric approach using hypnosis and NLP. For more info visit www.TheSuccessRoom.ca or call 613.699.4555
Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613304-6320, www.yogaandtea.com SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX.COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 WORKSHOP SPACE AVAILABLE days and evenings. Maximum 25 people. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836
• Yoga RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE Are you stressed? Anxious? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? We’ve got you covered. With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone (sometimes even soup!).Come shop, socialize, sip on our house tea, read from our community library or drop off a food bank donation. Can’t afford yoga rates? Let’s talk. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation, like we said, we’ve got you covered, because yoga is for everyone With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation. www.ottawayoga.com 613.234.7974 342 Gladstone Ave YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other props, DVDs, CDs. Complimentary tea after each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts!
WISHINGTREE YOGA CENTRE -- Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training. www.wishingtreeyoga.ca LA TROPIQUA CAFÉ-Lounge, Yoga Studio and Spa, a new and innovative gem at 1292 Wellington St. West. An oasis for relaxation and healthy living. Contact: 613-695-CALM (2256) YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
1230 Wellington, Ottawa, ON 613-729-5973
Saying Goodbye to Lenny Yesterday two old friends stopped by Goodness and Cheerfulness They seemed on serious business They made me smile by just saying “hi” We smiled we laughed then said goodbye For that moment as they stood by There was without a doubt a feeling of love about Then they turned toward the door and headed out I said, “Hey, why are you going” They looked back with a wry smile, “Going to visit Lenny Cohen He’s been down for a while” I said, “Don’t worry about Lenny, He’ll be back, he always comes back” Next time as Cheryl, Omar or maybe Clark Soul Energy never dies, it’s pure loving spark
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758
He may lose his form he may lose his eyes But he’s really one of God’s good old guys He may lose his body he may lose his voice But “That’s Life” besides we have no choice But eventually we’ll hear his old familiar bark And Cohen will be back as a new soul spark
firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location
There are always new and old Leonard’s Writing new poetry, creating new standards Lives are lived between our first and last breath It is nothing bad we just choose to call it death Because there is one thing I know without a doubt The world within is greater than the world without There is another time, another dimension This life is fleeting a mere mortal extension Of a much greater energetic human sensation Live with firm intention mean what you say Go deep from left brain to right alpha brain Focus, breathe, imagine and find your way in again Pray slowly, breathe deep, you will slowly find the way Welcome to the right brain world within Remember the message from that ancient star Love and light, peace and power are who you are
You’ve heard of Laser Eye Correction Now research has created Laser Gum Correction A new painless safe Laser protocol to Kill the Bacteria that cause Bleeding Gums & Bad Breath. This laser partly regenerates lost bone and gum tissue HAPPY GUMS , HAPPY HEARTS C Because gum diseases all cause bacterial contamination of our bloodstreams concerned medical-risk researchers are now suggesting there may be links to : Heart diseases, Strokes, Diabetes, Aspiration Pneumonia, Premature Births, Lower Birthweight Babies, Stomach Illnesses, some Kidney Diseases, Osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s and Oral Cancer (and Possibly some Breast Cancers) ORAL HEALTH = TOTAL HEALTH LASER GUM CORRECTION IS FDA APPROVED 70% of all Canadians have Gum Diseases
But Lenny might add words from above He would say smile, “There is no end to Love”
How Healthy are your Gums?
Lenny would know how to say goodbye to Ya
HAPPY GUMS , HAPPY HEARTS
He’d let Suzanne and Marianne sing Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah
CALL TODAY FOR A CONSULTATION
The Light in the Darkness By Rupa
n the deep dark winter night we look for the light, we look for the bright warm home. When we are confused, bewildered, stressed or lonely, who do we look for? Who is able to give us the light of hope and the light of knowledge? To understand spirituality is a learning process. Any form of learning needs a teacher. A spiritual teacher is the person who gives us the light of knowledge to dispel darkness. Some people have a lot of knowledge but when things happen they don’t know how to apply the knowledge. They will complain, hide or escape rather than face and solve the problem. For these people, knowledge is only a show box for decoration. Only a person who has direct understanding and experience of the Self, a person who is able to face reality, beyond body, mind, intelligence and false ego, can be a spiritual teacher. The duty of a spiritual teacher is to direct the student along the Path, and to clarify confusion. We cannot choose a spiritual teacher simply because the person is famous or has a lot of followers. We have to make sure the person is able to guide the Self, to walk through the journey together personally with us. A spiritual teacher can show us the Way by the way he/she is living. From primary school to graduating from university takes more than 15 years. Understanding spiritual knowledge will take even longer. This Self-realization learning process could be a life long process. But even just a little bit of understanding will save us from the perplexities of life. We will never lose what we gain. The practice can lead us to inner peace and bliss. When we gain true spiritual knowledge, we can make proper decisions any time and not be affected by the modes of nature.
Wishingtree Yoga – Simply Yoga
Rupa Manjari Devi Das 200H Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50H Yin Yoga Teacher Training
www.wishingtreeyoga.ca www.wishingtreeyoga.ca Would you like to turn on the light within your heart and let it guide your way on?
Rupa Manjari Devi Das (Ivy) has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom. Her living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. The experience will let you understand this amazing scientific knowledge and give you practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat! Welcome to join Rupa’s 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga / 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training. For more information, visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Nicole Vallentyne Certified Consulting Hypnotist
Recovering from Election Trauma
Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Psycho-spiritual Counsellor, Coach, Teacher, Healer
don’t know about you, but I found the US election drama exhausting. Not only, exhausting but depressing. Whether you followed the main stream media or delved deeper into alternative news, it was a gong show. It must certainly did not bring out the best in humanity. I felt almost dirty just observing the ugliness between the two parties. Needless to say, I, for one am, very grateful the election is over and I can stop my foolish fascination with this demoralizing ego-based process. I am ashamed of myself for getting emotionally involved. Now I return to my normal, peaceful life finding love, kindness and compassion everywhere. I really do love humanity. I see the light glimmering in everyone’s eyes if I slow down, take time and truly look. Add a smile to that process and you have a recognition, a heart to heart connection that feeds each one of us. Where I used to hate shopping particularly around Christmas time when it got so busy and stressful, I now welcome every possible opportunity to smile, open my heart and connect with my fellow travelers along this wild and wonderful journey. A smile when needed can change the life of a complete stranger who just needed to know someone cares. When I have a hard time connecting to others is when I am having a hard time being in touch with myself. I am not taking quiet time for myself, not taking the time to nurture myself with clean water, clean, fresh, live food and not taking time to soak in the healing ions of nature. Too much time working, too much time in front of screens taking in the information of other people rather than accessing my own inner wisdom. Not meditating, singing, dancing---- not being. Too much doing. Too much time in my head. Getting stuck in my head is exactly what happened to me with all the election hype.
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant email@example.com www.sherryharriscounselling.org 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available Fortunately I have the perfect energy system for restoring not only my mental state, but body and spirit as well. The TriFinity8 developed by psychologist Dr. Kathy Forti, balances, restores, boosts energy, relaxes and rejuvenates. Whatever ails you, the TriFinity8 has a program to restore your balance and promote radiant health. If you would like a free demo to experience this advanced energy restoration system, please call or email me 613-236-8852 and firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested you can read Kathy Forti’s book, Fractals of God. You will know then whether this advanced healing system is for you or not. The technology is very Atlantean. If you were as many of us were, this will really resonate for you. When you come for your free session, I will share with you the many, many successes I have had with this system. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher, healer 613-236-8852 ~ email@example.com
(Back by popular demand – my 2011 Christmas column) aren and Jack had one immediate goal - they wanted to get through the first Christmas following their separation with their values, their wallets and their sanity intact. They had separated a month before and were working in mediation on the major issues arising from their separation: long-term parenting arrangements, division of their assets and debts, and ongoing financial support arrangements. The process was going well, but the holidays were approaching and it was clear they would not finalize their discussions and sign a final Separation Agreement until the new year. In the meantime, there were a number of immediate issues that needed to be addressed. How would they share time over the holidays with their two children, Katie, 10, and Jeremy, 6? Jack’s parents lived in Sudbury – would he be able to go visit them with the children as he had always done? Karen wanted to spend Christmas Day with her new boyfriend and the children together; Jack thought it was too soon to introduce this new person to the children. They even disagreed over who should have “custody” of the special tree ornaments they had bought together for their first Christmas. In addition, Karen and Jack had some financial disagreements. Jack thought the trip to Sudbury should be a joint expense, as it had always been in the past, even though this time Karen would not be going. Jeremy wanted a very expensive video game for Christmas, which both Karen and Jack had always been opposed to. Should they give in this time to help him through the first Christmas after his parents’ separation? The solution to this situation was to schedule a “minimediation” within Karen and Jack’s larger mediation just to deal with these holiday issues. They temporarily put aside the issues they had been working on in their main mediation in order to focus on these “small” matters. They quickly saw that these were not trivial concerns. In fact, some of these “molehills” were threatening to become “mountains.” Yet, despite their stress and differences of opinion, Jack and Karen had one important advantage in their favour. They recognized that these seemingly small issues could become bigger problems that threatened to derail their main mediation if left unattended. In this respect they were very wise. Mediation is not just for big disputes. It’s also for little disputes before they become big disputes. Karen and |Jack recognized they needed a mini-mediation now in order to avoid the necessity of a major mediation later. We have all heard the saying, “God is in the details,” meaning that whatever one does should be done thoroughly and carefully. Karen and Jack spent two hours in mediation
• 37 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
613. 237.7335 discussing all the details necessary to ensure reasonably happy holidays for all members of their family and then wrote these down in their own handwriting in what they called their “Christmas Contract.” This mini-mediation had several advantages for Jack and Karen. First, they significantly reduced the day to day stresses that could have occurred over the holidays. Second, with just a little guidance, they were able to discuss their disagreements in a way that stayed true to their values. Third, they were able to carry over their fundamentally positive feelings about each other as parents into their main mediation when they resumed this in January and were able to reach mutually acceptable terms for their final Separation Agreement fairly quickly. Whatever your religion, whatever your family issues are - and even if you’re not separating - could you benefit from a holiday mini-mediation? No disagreements are too small to ignore. Happy Holidays to Everyone! Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
Do you hold onto negative emotions and not sure why? Are you unhappy in your job and want to change? Do you feel stuck? Do you procrastinate? Do you feel lethargic and have pain? Do you have a difficult time with change? I have helped clients to get that job they always wanted. I’ve helped others to heal in their relationships and make significant change in their lives. I’ve helped so many to alleviate their emotional pain and pain in their body… a stiff arm, stiff neck, knee, foot or back? Did you know that emotions play a big part of the pain you’re body is experiencing? I use Quantum Touch, Acupressure, NLP and Time Line Visualization. I help my clients improve their overall health, both emotional and physical. Learn relaxation techniques and healing techniques to heal on your own…I am also a certified trainer in Quantum Touch level 1 healing.
Call me any time for a free consult. Namaste Lynn 613-697-9105 www.startlivingwell.net
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Yoga Practice Consultant Sonja A. Muller
White Wind Clinic and Mountain Retreat
20 Years Experience in Nursing Fitness Health and Massage As an Independent Practice Professional Specialist in Mind Body Medicine and Healing of Trauma
613-795-4583 on call and Tuesday Clinics only Mandala Workshops and Shiva Shakti Training
Labels and Mental Health
t's ok to know a schizophrenic person. It's ok to know a person with manic depression or with a brain trauma. It's ok to be in the same room. If you do, don't be surprised when they talk to you. It's normal. If you are their friend, it's ok to be with them. In fact they can be just as normal as everyone else. If you see them just act the way you normally do. Don't change. It's important not to change your behaviour. So do not fear them. If you do it’s ok. Don't speak. Speech is a sign. Some say it's good, some say it's not good. Only we can tell. People who have worked with mental illness. If I am working with it, I know when a person is in fear. It's not a fear they will talk about. So I don't ask. We do not discuss mental illness in my clinic because everyone has been affected by it somehow. It's a mental illness because it's a label. So it's not true. We do not believe you are mental. You are a person. It's just a symptom. I am careful about the need to talk about it. We do not focus on labels. Labels come and go. People remain. One day a new diagnosis. So for me it's just one thing. A deep need. I don't care what the label is. It's not you. I say. Who cares what they say? I cannot be top overly concerned by the fear of a symptom which comes and goes. I am taught a serious lesson. I am the reason I am here.
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
Sonja Muller, Sound Vibration Therapist, Yoga Therapist, Deep Tissue Therapist and Healer (Former nurse in mental health rehabilitation and physical rehabilitation).
Essential Oils for the Spirit
he power of essential oils cannot be underestimated. These plant extracts can help with all sorts of conditions, and have been used for thousands of years. They act on all levels: physical, emotional and spiritual. Many essential oils have been used in practices like meditation because they evoke a deep calmness, conducive to inner reflection. Frankincense and myrrh are two traditional oils used in this way, and we know how valued they were and are in middle east culture. Spikenard has a very ancient history as well. It is said that Mary Magdelene washed Jesus’s feet with this plant. Sage and palo santo are great for clearing negative energy. If you don’t know palo santo, you should! It is derived from the fallen branches of a tree in South America that shamans in that part of the world use instead our our northern counterparts sage and sweetgrass. Cedarwood, patchouli and vetiver can also be used to ground and refine one’s focus. If calming oils are needed, vetiver is a good choice here too. Chamomile and lavender are also great for a relaxed
state of mind, (and preparation for a good night’s sleep too!). Breathwork, an essential part of meditation, yoga and other practices, is also central to aromatherapy, so this is a perfect pairing. Of course, meditation and inward reflection work can also help with stress relief and provide help with anxiety or insomnia. And guess what?! So can essential oils! In addition to lavender, ylang ylang, clary sage, jasmine, rose and neroli are wonderful additions to a blend. Some are precious oils, and therefore expensive (cost is dictated by the amount of plant material required to produce the essential oil), but you may choose to use a few drops as opposed to making it the bulk of your blend. Please take the time to breathe, to be calm, and to meditate. You are worth it.
©2016 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank near Somerset. She gives DIY bodycare workshops on a monthly basis. Please check our website for upcoming events www.planetbotanix.com
WHO YOU TRULY ARE Channelled by Lisa Virtue
nowing who you are is a fundamental. How is it that knowing your true self could be anything but clear? Yet does it not feel that way many times? Our guidance in this article is to help you understand more about who you are, to aid in clarity. That which you are is a consciousness. Consciousness that is focused here in this body, in this life that you are living. You are never apart from who you truly are. You are consciousness experiencing life here in the physical. That is the extent of it. The details are the artwork. The playground. Consciousness is the canvas and the details you focus on become the art placed upon that canvas. What is the canvas made of? Many of you will say “light”. You could say that love is the canvas and that would be quite accurate. The make up of vibrational energy is a resonance of pure love. So as you metaphorically paint on this canvas, the paint itself is also love. The art is about your choices and how you are looking at things. Your brushes are made up of the accumulation of life experience. Your tools… that have come about as a result of what you have experienced in your life. Your unique brushes paint in your unique way, your style. Your perception of what you paint is influenced by, of course, what you have experienced. So, who are you truly? You are the great perceiver focussing in this unique way to create, to make sense of things from the vantage point of you and your uniqueness. When things are not feeling right in your life and you are wondering who you are, why you are here in the first place, because something is not quite sitting right within you, it is time to look beneath the paint to the canvas once again. To remember that it is all love. Remind yourself that you are love as well and you are choosing to focus here for the experience of it. Choose love, or in other words, choose from the point of view that your most inner self feels best about. Then as you are creating you are more likely to be in that vantage point that seems most familiar and resonant to you.
Energy Healer & Divine Channel Live your authentic life. 613.296.4271
LISA VIRTUE www.LisaVirtue.com
At any time you can choose to paint with colours that are outside the spectrum of what you feel good with. This then brings up a sense of things not being quite aligned. You are still creating art and all art has value. As the artist however, why not choose the art that feels right to you. Paint your art with your brushes, on your canvas so that you create pictures that please you. Releasing the need to believe that there is a perfect way. The nuances of your journey actually provide interest. It is impossible to have an unworthy piece of art. Allow yourself that freedom and the leeway to play with what feels right to you. Be enthused and excited and in joy about creating from your passion, from your preferences. At the end of your days as you look back on all of your creations, you will see the progression through your pieces of art. It is always so, there is always movement. It will always shift and change and that is a good thing. So enjoy the art you are creating now and let it inspire you to tomorrow’s art, and so on. You are beautiful artists, all of you and we enjoy each creation. With great love, Your Divine Audience Blessings abound for you all. Lisa Virtue is a channel and healer offering guidance in your life perspective. Join her to learn and transform. 613-296-4271 Lisa@LisaVirtue.com www.LisaVirtue.com
Keto And Fasting: Could These Be The Secrets To Optimal Health?
December 2016 Tone mailing address: 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1