December 2015, Vol. 31, #4 Priceless
Maga zin e
A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 30 years
Attract more clients, Increase your profits Have more time to enjoy life! New book by Teresa de Gorsbois
Teresa de Grosbois – www.MassInfluencetheBook.com
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. December 2015 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 12,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Office Manager - Julie Tierney 613-979-0664 Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the
I have a dream (Excerpt from Mass Influence by Teresa de Grosbois) October 7, 2015 “I have a dream.”
ead those words, and you immediately know I’m quoting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. from one of the most studied and quoted speeches in global history. Newspapers and television media around the world cover that important occasion. Yet few people remember the first words of that speech. On a whim, I asked several friends, both American and Canadian, what they think the first words of that speech are. Half cannot even venture a guess. Two say “I have a dream.” One guesses, “Four score years ago….” (which is close to the second statement of the speech “Five score years ago….”). One person inventively pulls up Google on her iPhone and accurately quotes, “I am happy to join with you today, in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.” Search “Martin Luther King’s I have a dream” on YouTube and watch that speech. You will notice something most people miss, including many of the historians and communications experts who have written long essays on that speech. For the first 11 minutes of that speech, Dr. King reads, purposefully and expertly, from his notes. His words are carefully designed and delivered to paint a clear picture, a clear call to action. Three times he makes a call to action saying “now is the time!” repeatedly calling for peaceful and respectful resistance. Then at just past 11 minutes something truly magical happens. Dr. King stops looking at his notes. His emotional energy shifts and he becomes more grounded than we have ever seen him. Every cell of his being speaks his passion and he begins to speak entirely
from the heart. There is no longer a glance at a script in front of him, just words spoken deeply and passionately. His passion is so great that housewives across the world talk about this being the moment they stopped working in the kitchen and walked over to the television set. “So even though we still face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed.” King uses the phrase “I have a dream” seven more times before the end of the speech. Each sentence produces a vivid image of a reality that is right in front of us all for the taking. An image rooted in passion and belief and freedom. In the course of a single speech, the world moves. The fuel in your wildfire is how passionate you are in what you do. Passion sells. Passion is infectious. The greater passion level, the more engaging you are. People are drawn to passion. The greater your passion, the more likely you’ll be noticed in all forms of media. Do not mistake passion for extroversion. Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela were both selfacknowledged introverts. Passion is the level of emotion you bring to something. It is not about how loud or how much you speak, but about how committed you are to a positive outcome. Passion is grounded in your heart. Get your copy of Mass Influence www.MassInfluencetheBook.com Or follow along daily as we post the entire book out for your assistance.
results of Holotropic Breathwork, a practice in which the participants experience their deepest Self, their ood News!!..........A Holotropic Breathwork greatest gifts, and are opened up to non-ordinary states weekend experiential event of awareness. is coming to the Ottawa area on In the purest form of Holotropic s s December 4 and 5, 2015. Breathwork the breather has only s e n ll Alain Menier, a Certified Montreal we one task...to breath as deeply and smokin Holotropic Breathwork Facilitator, fully as possible. frui will be running a workshop in The sitter watches over each Gatineau on this weekend. and every need of the breather: the xie ty Alain Menierâ€™s phone number in setting, any interruptions, water, self -esteem Montreal is: (514) 502-0220 comfort, blankets, etc. t This is the link: http://www. The several walkers or sentinels weigh grof-holotropic-breathwork.net/ travel around the room ensuring events/one-day-hb-workshop-inthat all dyadic teams are comfortably COUNSELLING, COACHING gatineau-ottawa-region & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE and suitably protected and nurtured. Two years ago I had the good The sentinels role is basically to act Richard M. Haney fortune to participate in a one-week as a guardian angel to safe-guard Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist Breathwork Intensive at Omega the Sacred Space of the experiential (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 dyadic teams. Thus, the breathers Institute for Holistic Studies in the Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. Hudson River Valley at Rhinebeck, have 2 layers of safety, Sacred www.ottawahypnosis.com New York. Their website is: www. care, and nurturing so that they www.ottawacounselling.com eomega.com At this experiential can then go on Spiritual journeys event there was about a dozen top hitherto blocked from their ordinary world leaders in the various practices of breathwork consciousness. They are then free to follow their bliss! and in the psycho-neuro-biology of the bodymind. The other forms of breathwork that were experienced There were also social activists present to suggest ways and discussed at this wonderful retreat were not to spread breathwork around the planet to help create as deep or as intensive as Holotropic Breathwork. a healthier world. However, they may be much more practical when Stanislav Grof, the founder of Holotropic Breathwork, trying to spread breathwork out across the world to was also there to share his extensive wisdom about different societies, cultures, socio-economic classes and this profound form of breathwork that leads to self- institutions. Many of these diverse techniques can be realization and self-actualization. practised in corporate, hospital, school and counselling While we were experiencing how a particular settings. These other forms do not require several hours technique would open up hitherto blocked channels of focused loving attention on the breather. They do in our Psyches with one member of the teaching not require such a disciplined adherence to a contract team, another member of the team would be sharing between the breathers, sitters and sentinels, which is with us, in a corroborated scientific way, WHY it was an absolutely essential prerequisite and component of opening up these blockages. The cellular memory Holotropic Breathwork! can be very deeply influenced when the learning is One of the most powerful presentations was given both simultaneously experienced and also personally by a New York psychiatrist who has done extensive understood. About 20% of the 80 or so participants research on how our brains process creative and had previously experienced the highly beneficial inspirational material. For example, if we have enough GABA (Gabapentin or Neurontin) in the higher function portions of our brain, then we do not so easily revert to the lower mundane functions. In place of psychedelic drugs, carefully orchestrated breathwork can generate higher states of awareness and presence through naturally produced GABA. So, breathe deeply and completely and fully enjoy your GABAs.
Holotropic Breathwork str e
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul
Meditation, study and application in a small group format
(613) 731-4901 4
Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation). Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization
HEALTH CANADA APPROVED
Traditional Herbal Medicine
Immune System Support *
Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman®
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
Proprietary Herbal Formula Gluten Free cGMP Compliance Trusted Worldwide Since 1922 Made only in Canada Exported Worldwide
Toronto January 24-25 Peterborough February 20-21 Ottawa (Almonte) March 5-6 Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at email@example.com, 905 430-4953 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
NPN 80012920 NPN 80012914
Doctors Recommend Available at: Health Stores & Pharmacies
Past Life Regression
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEITS!
Take a Journey and Heal at a Soul Level
ESSIAC® Canada International P.O. Box 23155, Ottawa, Ont., Canada K2A 4E2 Tel. : (613) 729-9111 · Fax : (613) 729-9555 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Book a Session 613.864.4724
* FULL TEXT COPYRIGHT © 2013, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
AUTHORIZED USER OF ESSIAC TRADEMARK
www.MonicaDumont.com Email: Contact@MonicaDumont.com
December 2015 RES-6488 Tone 1/2 Page Vertical no bleed Essiac.indd Description:
1/2 TONE MAGAZINE AD
Docket: RES- 6988
2013-07-16 12:15 PM
In Love and Light Through the Holiday Season by Gillian Pearlstone
t this time of year we are somewhat preoccupied with getting through the cooler, darker days of Autumn going into Winter. It is the natural time for all beings to settle down to hibernate. To ready their bodies for the long rest ahead, to make sure the stores of healthy fats and proteins have been ingested to allow their bodies to take them through this time and awaken on the other side of Winter to new beginnings. What is it that you, as a human being, are going to do with this time? Are you going to catch up on all those great ideas you had in the Summer but didnâ€™t want to come in out of that great weather? Will you try something completely new to challenge your talents? Go back to enjoying your usual hobbies? Whatever it is you choose to do, choose it because you want to do it, not because you feel you should. At this time in our evolution is about standing in our truth and being honest and loving with ourselves. After all, if we donâ€™t love ourselves, who else will love us and how can we love anyone else? For humans, it is coming up to the season of giving and to celebrate the various holidays from around the world in different religions and cultures â€“ Christmas for the Christian calendar; Chanukah for the Jewish calendar; Ramadan for the Muslim calendar; Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe for the Mexican calendar; St. Lucia Day for the Swedish calendar; Diwali on the Hindu calendar; Kwanzaa on the African calendar celebrated in the US and Canada. All these celebrate religious and cultural credos with gift giving, visiting friends and family, celebrating with different foods and colourful lights in and around our homes. All are reflections of these holidays, and the season of Light. While these holidays are so endemic of love and peace and goodwill to all humankind, there are those who are left on the outer fringes of life looking in at others who are celebrating. Let us take the time during our celebrations and send our love and
tangible evidence of this love for our fellow travelers and the animal kingdom on our shared journey through life to include them in our thoughts and deeds and not to forget the most important person in your life - Yourself. At Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre (OSPC) we welcome all through our doors, whatever spiritual or religious path is being embarked upon in this lifetime.
Come and celebrate with us, not just the December holidays, and receive the love and light that we have been blessed with and wish to give back to our communities. We meet every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Centre at 430 Churchill Avenue in Westboro (corner of Churchill and Byron Avenues).
Reiki Reflexology Reconnective Healing® ACIM www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
Onward and Upward Written by Alexis Nicol
ecember is a great month to take some time to look back over the past year, maybe reminisce a bit – see what was good or not. It’s a time of get-togethers, giving and receiving. What a wonderful opportunity for us to see the best in ourselves and others. Sometimes the best gifts are the ones that we don’t even realize we’ve received; like a kind word, needed support or a welcomed hug. This December is extra special for me as it is truly the end of an era. After many years working in the government I’m retiring and find myself being transported through a maze of retrospection. Just thinking about all the wonderful times, the trials and tribulations, the many lessons learned, the amazing people I’ve gotten to work with and met along the way makes me realize how blessed I’ve been. I’m sure we’ll be full of great intentions and say the usual things, like “we’ll stay in touch” and don’t forget to call me”. All of which is wonderful, but I am well aware that this is pretty unlikely. I thought it would be easy, but the more I reminisce the more I realize all that I’ll be missing and a little nervous of what the future has in store for me. January will be the first time that I will be truly ready to engage on a new and exciting journey. Time will be my own to decide what to do with it. I have so many hopes, plans and ideas just ready to get at, but I know that the Universe will probably have Its own plans. That’s the funny thing about life; it is constantly moving us forward into new territory, making life interesting and keeping us on our toes. I’m grateful and eager for whatever life happens to bring me – Onward and Upward! Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com ~ 613-263-7925
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Right-Size Your Pain by Rev. Roxanne Buckle
Hindu Master, tired of his young apprentice’s complaints, instructs him to put a handful of salt in a glass of water and drink it. “It tastes terrible” spits the apprentice. The Master then leads the young man to a lake and instructs him to mix a handful of salt into the lake. “Do you taste the salt?” asks the Master. “No” says the apprentice. ~ Sunday Celebration at 10:30 a.m. The pain of life is pure salt. The amount of pain in life remains the same, but the amount of bitterness we taste ~ Our Kids in Unity program welcomes depends on our container. So when you are in pain, the children ages 3-12 for a joy-filled learning only thing you can do is to enlarge your sense of things, experience. your vessel, and become a lake. ~ OM Hour Meditation (last Wednesday of the In Unity we teach that we are spiritual beings having month 7-8 p.m.) a human experience that we co-create. Born in the likeness of the divine, we can choose to respond to Location: The Good Companions Centre our experience through a knowing of the One Power/ (670 Albert St) Presence and enlarge our sense of things. For more information go to unityottawa.org When we receive news of cancer or an unexpected car repair bill, how bitter the salt tastes depends on the size or call us 613-700-6489 or email us of the vessel of our consciousness. We can’t choose what email@example.com is happening in our life experiences, but we can choose We are an inclusive, joy-filled community how to respond. celebrating Oneness. In right-sizing our pain, we make peace with our pain through spiritual acceptance or non-resistance. It is not spiritual bypass, pretending that SPIRITPAINTING.COM nothing bad happens 613-266-8063 or that we are always happy. And it doesn’t mean we February Exhibition at Green Door Easter Workshops have to like it, or that we give up on addressing it. In Opening Feb 4/13 6:00the process of accepting what is, we need to feel the feelings. You are invited to be a lake, accept what is, and remember the One Power/Presence through prayer. (excepted from a Sunday lesson by Rev. Roxanne Buckle, Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa. Unityottawa.org)
S G NG TIIN NT AIIN PA TP RIIT PIIR SP
W or k s h op s
w ww ww w..ssppiirriittppaaiinnttiinngg..ccoom m
7 Ways to Invite Abundance into Your Life
ave you noticed that some people you know seem to have more positivity in their lives than others? They overflow with positivity and abundance. Looking at them, you may find yourself wondering, “What’s their secret? They have such a great life… I want my life to be better, too!” You might have thought the people who seem to have so much spiritually, physically, and emotionally are just lucky. Good things just happen to them. Truth be • Take some time to figure out how you feel whenever told, great things can happen to you, too, and there are you want to buy another new item. Recognize that specific actions you can take to attract positivity and you’ll block your efforts to invite abundance into invite more prosperity into your own life! your life if you keep spending money frivolously on random stuff. Here are some strategies to bring greater abundance 7. Ask yourself what you need in your life right now. into your life: Learn to distinguish between “wants” and “needs.” 1. Get organized. When you keep all the things you If you do, you’ll find it actually takes very little to own in order, everyday living is easier and less live a good life with purpose and abundance. As stressful. There’s a place for everything and everyyou learn to determine when you actually need thing is in its place. This leaves room in your life for something, you’ll experience more confidence in abundance. your own abilities to usher in abundance. 2. Throw out old stuff. If you don’t use it anymore, You may be surprised to learn that in order to invite get rid of it. Clear out clothing, appliances, gadgets, abundance into your life; you can follow some fairly and anything else you no longer need. Things that simple steps. There’s no magic secret to happiness. are old, broken, or unable to be cleaned up properly Anyone can cultivate it. are just taking up space you could use for someAs you begin to truly cherish your possessions and thing that has more value to you. take care of your home, you’ll find yourself loving your 3. Give away some of your possessions. Whether you world and your circumstances more than ever. Your pass along magazines you’ve already looked at or mind will be in tune with abundance and attract more clothing that no longer fits – spread some of the of the same. You’ll begin living the abundant life you abundance you have already. When you give to othalways dreamed of! ers, your heart opens up and good things can more Moira Hutchison easily make their way into your life. Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 4. Find a place for possessions that are important to 613.432.1239 • www.WellnessWithMoira.com you. Provide each of your cherished items with a “home” within your home. When you take care of what you have, you’re acknowledging and showing respect for the abundance that’s already in your life. 5. Use what you have. Take advantage of the items you’ve collected over the years. You obviously see them as having value, so why not put them to good use? You’ll feel more positive about life and will get in touch with the abundance you already have when you make use of your possessions the way they were meant to be used. 6. Stop mindless purchases. Make a vow to avoid compulsively buying the next new gadget. If you always want the latest gizmo on the market, check inside yourself and see what that’s all about. Also, remind yourself of all the “stuff” you’ve accumulated that you don’t use. After all, they were at one point in time the next “new thing”.
Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
Chant Love, Peace and Harmony to change the world
other Earth is facing many serious challenges, including global warming and more natural disasters. Humanity is facing many serious challenges in health, relationships, finances, work, and more. In this historic period, Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha is creating a special service. He is gathering hundreds of divine servants, thousands of Divine Healing Hands Soul Healers, and as many souls as possible to join together to serve humanity and Mother Earth in a special way. Dr. and Master Sha received the Divine Soul Song Love, Peace and Harmony on September 10, 2005. On December 10, 2010, he founded the Love Peace Harmony Movement with an opening ceremony attended by 6,000 people in India. Now millions of people on Mother Earth are chanting or listening to the Divine Soul Song Love, Peace and Harmony. Imagine a 100 watt light bulb in a room. It is bright. Now imagine a thousand light bulbs in the room. How much brighter that is! This is the power of group effort. When we gather hundreds, thousands, and millions of people to chant together, it will make a difference for your life, for your family, for your city, for your country, for Mother Earth, and for humanity. We are extremely blessed that the Divine has given us this Divine Soul Song to help save humanity and Mother Earth.
By 2020, we hope to inspire 1.5 billion people to sing Love, Peace and Harmony for 15 minutes every day. Together, we’ll celebrate the power of the human spirit and its ability to transcend, transform, and triumph to create miracles. Imagine a world where everyone holds the message of love, peace and harmony.
This holiday season ...
Chant Love, Peace and Harmony Change yourself, change the world! Download FREE MP3 of the Divine Soul Song Love, Peace and Harmony at LovePeaceHarmonyMovement.org When many people join hearts and souls together to chant and meditate, this automatically creates a powerful field for healing and transformation. We become what we chant, so as we chant to create world love, peace and harmony, each of us is transforming the message we carry within. Master Lynda Chaplin Worldwide Representative of Master Sha
Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha
Honour Your Ancestors
Saturday-Sunday, January 9–10, 10 am–6 pm
$85, includes one guest pass Webcast live from Master Sha Tao Healing Centre Toronto! Your ancestors are a significant part of your soul journey. They paved the way for your current life circumstances. Discover some of this fascinating history through soul communication and honour it through special practices and special blessings. This ancient wisdom will deeply enhance your life. Master Lynda Chaplin • 647.654.7711 • Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com Meetup.com/MasterShaSoulHealing-Ottawa • Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa
Master Healer and Spiritual Teacher
Heal and transform the soul first; then healing and transformation of every aspect of life will follow. – Master Zhi Gang Sha New York Times Bestselling Author!
• emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
“If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. Truly the greatest gift you have to give is of your own transformation.” Lao Tzu ave you ever noticed how when we get insights into ourselves, our story or our impulses, we are amazed as to how rich our life is and how much is in play in each moment? We do carry the past, whether this is coming from a generational influence, an old pattern that is carried within our family, or whether it is what happened to us just yesterday. Discovering ourselves, our patterns, impulses and story is core to moving forward. As we explore ourselves we often come to the realization that we actually didn’t
The lyrics of Love, Peace and Harmony are: I love my heart and soul I love all humanity Join hearts and souls together Love, peace and harmony Love, peace and harmony Visit www.LovePeaceHarmonyMovement.org to download the Divine Soul Song Love, Peace and Harmony FREE MP3 and learn how you can become an ambassador for the Love Peace Harmony Movement. Let us join hearts and souls together to transform humanity and Mother Earth, to help save humanity and Mother Earth! Master Lynda Chaplin is a Divine Channel, Disciple and Worldwide Representative of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha, renowned Tao Master Healer, spiritual teacher, and Source Channel. Master Lynda offers soul healing blessings for any condition, personal consultations, and workshops in Ottawa. Contact Master Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
know much about ourselves in the first place. We do have a lot of knowledge, but it is as if we aren’t trained to connect with it and to make it conscious to help it empower us. In this way, our deeper awareness may remain evasive and we remain dissatisfied with our life, feeling stuck. Learning about ourselves, our priorities and our impulses is the first step towards reaching a greater potential. It all starts with knowledge, insights and exploring our very own feelings, which are doorways to transformation. Often my clients tell me that they want or sense something, but their actions, words and even thoughts lead them in another direction. This is where feedback from a skilled practitioner can lead you to having your own direct insights, exploring your feelings and the messages they carry, allowing them to transform naturally, as we allow them. With a knowledge based on eastern traditions and transparent communication and as a highly trained certified hypnotist, I am able to allow this knowledge to come from within you. The hypnosis part softly explores your deeper mind to empower your wisdom and truth from within. This generates lasting changes that are deeply fulfilling. Lynne Cardinal is a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has studied extensively with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation. She is also certified by Dr. Weiss in PastLife Regression and she has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. * GIFT CERTIFICATES available. In person and Skype sessions are available to clients. Lynne has offered Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors for over 30 years. *Insurance receipts are available. For more information Lynne can be reached at 613.721.7888 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit her web site: www.kaivalya.ca
THE CREATIVE ENERGY OF WORDS
by Louise Stevenson t the next in the monthly series of Pathwork Open Lectures on January 13th, we will continue to explore this season’s theme of creativity, looking this time at how we create with and through the words we Saint Paul University, speak. 233 Main St, follow signs to room Remember the old playground chant ‘Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”? Not Jan. 13; Feb. 10; Mar. 9; Apr. 13 so, says the Pathwork Lecture The Power of the Word ! 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation: $15, members free What we create, what we speak into manifestation may Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 be positive or negative, healing or hurting, but create All welcome we do! The lecture says the following about our words: “The word is...the creative agent…that creates movement and The Pathwork lectures are available for free download a systematic chain reaction, one link following another until from www.pathwork.org the word becomes deed, fact and finished creation.” For information about the Pathwork in Ottawa: Our words may be spoken out loud or inwardly; they are often uttered unconsciously, by some inner voice we www.ottawapathwork.ca are not aware of (and may not care to be aware of). And the results mold our lives and affect our relationships in ways that confuse us, appearing to be coincidence or a matter of luck. The Pathwork invites us to begin the work of tuning in to those inner voices, raising them to awareness, seeing how they often contradict our conscious wishes and aspirations. This process will enable us to see our creations more clearly, which is actually a wonderful discovery! We then rejoice in our positive creations and start Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life. taking responsibility for the negative. We can begin to re-arrange our vocabulary, working to understand and heal what GracePlace Wellness causes us to speak negatively, and bringing out and developing our positive words. Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of: At the lecture evening, we will explore this concept of the creative word in some • Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions detail, and take some time to begin listening • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome for the inner voices that are influencing our • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain lives. As always, the lecture provides some • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits excellent tools for our inner work.
Open Lecture Discussions
Hypnotherapy That Works
For more information, contact Jean Millar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-829-1254 Date: Wednesday, January 13, 7 – 9 P.M. Place: Saint Paul University, 233 Main St., Follow the signs to the room. All are welcome. Suggested donation: $15 Lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org . Louise Stevenson is a senior Pathwork Helper in the Ottawa area. For more information about the Pathwork in Ottawa, go to www.ottawapathwork.ca
VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
The Significance of Silence (I’m super busy with holiday mediations right now, so here is a slightly reworked encore column from 2011 that seems particularly appropriate at this busy, chaotic time of year.)
e usually equate mediation with talking. It’s better for a separating couple to sit down together with a professional mediator and talk through their issues, we say, rather than battle it out in court. A famous book about mediators is called When Talk Works. A best-selling T-shirt in the mediation field says, “Just Talk To Me.” And yet sometimes mediation is not about talking. It’s about silence, about not talking. One of my favourite mediators, Ken Cloke, writes about silence in his book Mediating Dangerously. Silence in mediation can mean many things, he says. It can indicate agreement with the other disputant, or anger with that person. It can mean someone’s feelings have been hurt, or it can suggest quiet contentment. It can be an indication that a verbal eruption is about to take place, or it can mean someone is on the cusp of transformation. “There are, in other words,” says Cloke, “creative and destructive, positive and negative forms of silence. As mediators, our role is to deepen the creative and diminish the destructive silences.” Many years ago a client sat through a 90-minute mediation session with her estranged husband without saying a word. After the first ten minutes or so, I gently asked her what her silence was about. She wiped away a tear from her eyes and just shook her head as if to say that she couldn’t yet talk. “Would you like to reschedule this session to a better time?” I asked. She shook her head vehemently no. I had no idea what she was experiencing, but I sensed that she needed to do this. “Do you want to just sit here like this?” She nodded her head firmly. And so the three of us sat in silence for the rest of the session. Her husband made a few futile attempts at moving the session along verbally, but then seemed to accept that something important was happening, though he didn’t yet know what. At the end of the session, I invited them both to reflect before we met again on what the wife’s silence had been about, what she was trying to convey to her husband that she couldn’t put into words. The couple told me in their next session that later that same day they were able to have one of their most important conversations ever, and reached a breakthrough in their communication that led quickly to settlement. “I just needed him to understand how deeply his decision to leave me had affected me,” the wife said, “and I had given up trying to reach him with my words.” Sometimes before there can be any more talking there has to be a period of silence. Sometimes, as a colleague of mine used to say, mediation is about letting things
• 34 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: email@example.com
613.237.7335 settle and allowing the space for a new perspective to emerge. Silence – like many of the beautiful decorations shining in store windows right now – can indeed be golden. Happy holidays to everyone! Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
Certified by NADA Auricular acupuncture to reduce stress and anxiety, lessen pain and improve sleep reduce cravings, withdrawal symptoms and helps to relax.
BEING CONSISTENT Rev. Sherry Harris, Psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher
e all want things. We dream, we plan, we fantasize about what we want. How many of us have taken the time to really decide what we want for ourselves? Most us change our orders from day to day then wonder why the Divine Creator has not brought us what we ask for. It is like being a restaurant and changing your order every five minutes. You will never get anything delivered. It is so important to be clear, focused and committed to what you truly want to manifest. If you do this and clear all the unconscious and subconscious blockages to your having this, the Divine must provide it. We live in a sea of soul consciousness, a creative substance that gives us what we ask for. What we need to understand is that this creative substance listens not to our conscious thoughts, but to the subconscious/ unconscious, our latent operating systems of thoughts and beliefs for the most part unknown to us. We may think we want something, but if we have buried fears or doubts about our deserving it, it will not come to us. To create what we truly want we need to clear the unconscious and subconscious beliefs keeping us from having all we desire. The creative substance listens, but not at the level of our outward expression; it listens to our hidden emotion based drivers and motivators. All this is to say, do your work. Clear away those beliefs of being undeserving, not being lovable, not trusting in the Divine Abundance that is your birthright. I have found two very effective means to do just that, The Inner Child work which I have successfully practiced and used personally for over twenty years and my new therapy, Theta HealingÂŽ. Both get to the core of the blockages keeping us from manifesting all we want in life. Be consistent, do your work, ask for what you want with clear, focused intent and remove the underlying beliefs keeping you from all you desire. Youâ€™ll be amazed how quickly things start changing for the better in your life when you take this giant for yourself.
Abundant Life Coach Spiritual Counsellor Psychotherapist firstname.lastname@example.org www. sherryharriscounselling.com 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available
Rev. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW 613-236-8852 or email@example.com
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Command Your Energy Field and Be Sovereign by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
Claim your Divinity and multi-dimensional blueprint, and own your responsibility to heal your energies. As per the Law of Authority, allow only God to be the authority in your life. Affirm this empowering commitment daily. Direct your energies with the Law of Intent, and choose to serve Source only. Create your reality, not for personal gain but in alignment with service to others. As per the Law of Consent, declare regularly that you consent to only align with 100% Light and Unity Consciousness. This vitally overrides the default programs and deceptions of dark energies that continually violate human free will and trap consciousness. Stay aware of who or what are directing your energies including entities, subconscious ego constructs, and multi-dimensional influences that accumulate as lower vibrational thoughtforms, emotions, and actions. The AoA Hieros Gamos System intelligently clears through all 12 dimensions of your Lightbody. The 12D Shield is an invaluable tool to protect your energy field and realign to sacred, inner balance. Be clear and firm in your boundaries. Consciously cancel any agreements or contracts you have made with any entity, guide or being that were not of 100% Light and in your Highest Expression as One with God, in all timelines, dimensions and realities, here and now – past, present and future. As a sovereign being, live your life knowing that everything you need is
Are you feeling power & peace in your life? I specialize in clearing stubborn patterns. We can bring you freedom with Divine healing of your 12-dimensional self and clearing from the root level. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures addiction patterns past life limiting mental programs
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
within, and do not look for external approval, or give away your power to anyone or anything. You have a unique blueprint that is valuable to the beautiful synergy of this Universe. Be open, while honouring your own direct experiences of your multidimensional Self even if they vary from that of others’. Respect others and their sovereignty. In gratitude to all who are committed to serving Oneness. Copyright 2015 Amâeil (Melinda Urban). All Rights Reserved. www.MelindaUrban.com (blog, FREE tools, case studies). Intuitively integrating holographic multi-dimensional clearing, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, & vocal healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. Appointments in person or by phone 613-253-2888. FREE newsletter.
International Vegetarian Gourmet Coffee House Power Juice Bar BREAKFAST & BRUNCH SPECIALS CATERING
47 Clarence St. ❦ 562-2434
For more information call (613) 738-3044
The 2015 NAET Flu Virus Has Arrived By: Judy Spence, RN, ND(QC)
t’s that time of the year again. Many people opt for an energy medicine pretreatment before the flu starts doing its rounds at your child’s school or at your office will want to book a pre-flu season treatment. That way, your body will have been safely exposed to this year’s specific flu bug and it will have had an opportunity to begin manufacturing Natural Killer (NK) cells which are specialized antibodies that are specific to our pre-treatment flu viruses anticipated this year.
NAET CLINIC of OTTAWA
assure you are the best you can be
We offer: Computerized Testing, NAET, BioSet, TCM Diagnosis, Acupuncture, Auricular Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Lymph Drainage, Hypnosis, Hypno-acupuncture, Detoxification We treat: Allergy (Foods, Pollens, Chemicals), ADD, ADHD, CFS, FM, MCS, Digestive Disorders, Headache, Infertility, Insomnia, Microbials, Pain & Spasm, Toxicity, Addiction, Stress We provide: Computer Reports, Treatment Plans, Specialty Lab Tests, Referrals, Receipts, VISA/MC Judy Spence RN, ND (QC) Ottawa (Highland Park) 536 Dovercourt Ave 613 728-2579
www.naetottawa.com free parking
Gerry Spence R.Ac. Gatineau (Hull) 71 boul St. Raymond 819-661-1061
Last year, it was very unusual that I had to treat sick patients many months after the flu season, as late as September. They had contracted viruses at the tail end of the flu season (April) and their viral infections lingered throughout the summer causing them Gastro problems and moreover, causing painful muscle problems. These folks had not been pre-treated by our clinic for last year’s flu. These folks had contracted the EV-D68 virus that begins as a respiratory virus, then moves to the digestive tract and in some, then impacts muscles. These patients endured suffering, some for nearly 5 months. The EV-D68 virus is a member of the nonpolio family of viruses. It can also cause Type I diabetes in children. Our treatments cleared their symptoms and did so quickly Call Gerry to book your pre-season energy medicine flu virus treatment. We are now open Monday to Friday in Ottawa and alternate Thursdays in Hull.
536-A Dovercourt Ave., Ottawa 71 boul. St. Raymond, Hull Tel: (613) 728-2579 (819) 661-1061 www.naetottawa.com
The ABCs of Hydrosols
lthough I have written about hydrosols before, I thought it would be timely to talk about them again, since they are truly versatile and helpful in so many ways! Hydrosols, also called flower waters, are a very dilute plant by-product. As such, they can be used in different ways from their more powerful counterparts, the essential oils. Hydrosols can be used diluted or undiluted in the bath, on skin or by ingestion, and still provide some of the power of the plant they are derived from. Cedarwood: considered sacred in many parts of the world, this hydrosol is calming and cooling, making it a great aftershave toner, or skin cleanser for oily skin. Chamomile: (avoid if sensitive to ragweed) is analgesic, calming and sedative, so good for a soothing bath before bed. It can also be used as a compress for inflammation, and is very useful for teething trouble. Cornflower: this hydrosol is wonderful for soothing sore eyes. Soak a soft washcloth in the hydrosol and give yourself fifteen minutes of ahhhhh. Geranium: a balancing floral water, geranium is great for cleansing or toning the face. It also is a mood balancer, so a bath during stressful times can help calm a troubled mind.
Immortelle: very healing in a compress for bumps and bruises, this ingredient is an amazing healer. It helps calm skin irritations and can even be used as a mouthwash. Lavender: great as a toner for all skin types, lavender hydrosol is very healing and cooling for burns of all kinds. It also helps to balance the emotions and calm anger, either by bathing in it or by drinking it. Lemon balm: aka Melissa, this product helps with herpes simplex and other viruses, good for calming stomach aches and even helps during allergy season. Drinking this hydrosol would be a good way of absorbing its healing properties Witch hazel: historically used for sore muscles, red/irritated skin and in a sitz bath. Great in skin care as well! We have more hydrosols in store, and can explain them in more detail at Planet Botanix. Hope to see you soon! ÂŠ2015 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix and The Wellness Clinic at 301 Bank St between Maclaren and Somerset. We welcome you to our centre for wholeness. www.planetbotanix.com 613.567.4444
FREE TAROT READING
Sacred Tour of Ireland
(in exchange for your feedback donations also welcomed)
Dublin / Newgrange / Belfast / Giants Causeway / Carrowmore & Carrowkeel / Galway / Killarney / Kinsale / Dublin and Plenty in between Visit Neolithic Sacred Sites, Stunning Scenery. Immerse Yourself In All Things Irish in the comfort of a Luxury Coach. Learn about the history of this Ancient Land and feel the beautiful energies of The Emerald Isle For more information call: Gillian at 613 299 2289 Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email your general situation, first name (and last, ideally) to: email@example.com No rush orders! Entertainment Only but hopefully it helps!
HYPNOSIS: a natural, effective solution to bedwetting in children
By Dr Luke edwetting, or to give it its clinical name, Nocturnal Enuresis, is the cause of untold misery to both child and parents. The endless washing of sheets, the ruined mattresses, the lingering smell of urine that seems to pervade the whole house, witnessing your child’s own dejection and disappointment, the desperation of the situation seeming never to get any better are just a few of the parental responses to this problem The child him or herself (and in fact it is likely to be ‘himself’ since the problem more often occurs in boys) is likely to suffer in different ways, possibly the worst of which is the damage to their self-esteem. They feel they should have outgrown what they see as a babyish problem and according to their own personality can feel ashamed, depressed, irritated by being asked about the problem, angry with
themselves or others, fed-up because they can’t go on ‘sleepovers or school trips without embarrassment or complicated cover–ups. It can cause very practical difficulties too; they often have to get up and change sheets in the night so sleep is broken with attendant tiredness and irritability in the mornings or they have to wake up earlier in the morning to change bed clothes and make time for a shower. It feels horrible to wake up in wet, smelly pyjamas and sheets. Probably worst of all is the ever-present sense of failure and the need to go to extraordinary lengths to hide the fact from friends and, sometimes even other members of the family. By the time parents bring their children to see me, their hypnotherapist, they have often exhausted every other avenue and come, as they say, in a ‘last ditch’ attempt to solve the problem. They have tried bed-alarms, they have tried medication, they use mattress protectors, they use incontinence protective pants (another source of embarrassment to the child). What a pity that hypnotherapy couldn’t have been the first avenue; in fact,e
DR. LUKE ~ ONE OF CANADA'S LEADING HYPNOTHERAPIST ’S SAYS: You've tried everything and nothing's worked. THIS DOES, so well in fact, that over the past 21 years over a quarter of a million people have used this revolutionary system to lose weight and/or stop smoking quickly ...painlessly...permanently. The Journal of Behavioral Therapy calls it "The most effective program of its kind available anywhere... at any price." And now, this incredible program is being presented in a location near you by Dr. Luke, Clinical Hypnotherapist practicing hypnosis for almost 2 decades internationally. Book your group session early. Due to popular demand these programs often sell out!
LOSE WEIGHT Permanently
STOP SMOKING Forever
At last, YOU CAN LOSE ALL THE WEIGHT YOU WANT TO LOSE - and keep it off permanently-without dangerous drugs, diets, calorie counting, pre-packaged meals - and without using willpower. With Dr. Luke's exclusive methods, you will end food cravings, eliminate desire for fattening foods junk foods and second helpings, break the addiction to sweets, stop impulsive/compulsive eating, increase energy and ignite your metabolism to such warp-speed... you won't just burn fat... you'll incinerate it! You can expect results ranging from 20-60 lbs. In 3 months to 120Ibs. In one year. This program makes losing weight an easy, effortless, permanent process. There's no willpower, no dieting, no denial
That's right! Regardless of your past experience with trying to quit, YOU WILL STOP SMOKING TONIGHT...FOREVER! And you'll do it without craving, irritability, withdrawal and without weight gain. It's true! That expensive, unhealthy habit is gone forever in just one night. (And this program also works for chewing tobacco.) By tapping the power of your subconscious mind, hypnosis eliminates all desire and cravings in everyday life situations - in the morning, driving, on the phone, having coffee, after meals, under pressure even in the presence of smokers. Whether you're a chronic smoker or a casual smoker, whether you've smoked for 5 years of 50 years, whether you love to smoke or hate to smoke, you will leave this seminar as a NON-SMOKER!
LIFETIME GUARANTEE With Dr. Luke you'll enter an incredibly relaxed state of hypnosis where you are totally aware and always in control. During the first hour of the seminar, Dr. Luke will lay the crucial groundwork for your success. After a break the weight loss session begins, which takes about 30 minutes - sending the smokers off to puff to their heart's content on the last cigarettes they'll ever have. The stop smoking session follows. To ensure your continued success you'll receive a written LIFETIME GUARANTEE entitling you to FREE attendance at any future group seminar.
GROUP SESSIONS Thursday Nights in October Prices $49.97 OR $69.97 Cash, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal & Electronic Money Transfer Accepted CALL NOW 613-878-5874 361 Churchill Ave N, Ottawa, ON K1Z 5C4 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.lukenosis.com/
Rhythm Of The Year With Tree Essences
819.319.6162 www.essences.ca email@example.com
No matter what is happening for you at this time of year, how many events, gifts, celebrations, gatherings and money you have or not……remember that even if outer lights are not shining so much for you, we all (a monthly series about the vibration of the have this light within, no matter how small it might month and trees) seem to you….. and THAT is the true light of X-mas…. by Celine Cloutier and Daniel Tigner The Tree Essences carry the light of December 2015: the trees that can nourish your inner flame. The combination of tree energy Ho! Ho! Ho! X-mas Lights! in the Light Essence resonates in a At this time of year… way that brings more awareness of POUR VOTRE SANTÉ ÉMOTIONNELLE ouses lit up with Christmas lights, our inner light. The Soul FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL HEALTH reminding us of a celebration Mate Spray is a nice gift approaching and of the thousands of for the person looking for gatherings happening on X-mas eve a relationship. It smells and X-mas day. delicious and is original. Stores are filled with lights and A short candle decorations and thousands of items to meditation can also offer, reminding us of this special time, remind us of our inner light: where we give to others as a gesture of Light up a candle, sit with it 10 appreciation and love. Céline Cloutier minutes and meditate on that small Présidente | President Kitchens are getting busy with flame, as a reminder of your own light. Coach de vie, médiatrice great smells of wonderful and special Life Coach, Mediator You will then feel immediately the goodies, to treat all those visiting our warmth, the hope and the silence, that homes during the Holidays or to give is worth all the lights in the world. Feel as gifts. the blessing of light! Parties are happening amongst colleges and friends, Next month, we look into the vibration of January and reminding ourselves to stop and related Trees) simply enjoy each other’s company. Wishing You a Joyful Holiday Filled with Light! Community centers, where lost teen-age hang out, food centers where families with children go weekly to pick up groceries, and churches serving meals to the homeless, are inviting us especially at this time of year, to give, so everyone can have a special X-mas. Celine and Daniel Everyone has their own story Canadian Forest Tree Essences and memory of X-mas, sometimes tel. 819-319-6162 sad, sometimes happy and somewww.essences.ca times filled with hope. after having checked out that there is nothing medically wrong, it could easily be both the first and the last solution. Hypnotherapy is gentle, natural and safe and makes use of the child’s imaginative powers to change their expectations of failure into success. It leads them into taking control of their bodily functions in ways which delight and amaze both them and their parents. I have worked for years helping children overcome this enuresis problem through the use of safe and natural hypnotherapy and, at the same time, supporting my clinical work with them using tailor - made MP3’s. From
all this experience, I have made this type of treatment more generally available and affordable to children everywhere. My sessions contain fun imagery where the child is encouraged to engage in a mental process of locking up the door to the bladder; they then stand sentries on guard, arranging for messages to be sent to the brain to WAKE UP when the bladder is full and walk to the toilet. The power of the child’s imagination should not be underestimated; given the right opportunity and guidance, the mind and the body can work in harmony to dramatically increase the number of times they can wake up to a warm dry bed
By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
steoarthritis, sometimes called degenerative joint disease, is the most common form of arthritis. Osteoarthritis occurs when cartilage in the joints wears down over time. The smooth surface of the cartilage becomes rough, causing irritation. Eventually, if the cartilage wears down completely, there may be no cushion left between the bones and the joint may be left with bone rubbing on bone, causing damage to the ends of the bones and the joints to become painful. The disorder can affect any joint in your body, but most commonly affects joints in your hands, hips, knees, neck, and lower back. It isn’t clear what causes osteoarthritis in most cases. Researchers suspect that a combination of factors may play a role in the condition, including the aging process, joint injury or stress, heredity, muscle weakness, and obesity. Acupuncture is a useful option to help manage osteoarthritis and help prevent further progression of this condition. Acupuncture sees osteoarthritis as a “bi syndrome”, meaning that it is caused by a blockage that prevents circulation of blood and qi-energy to the joint, leading to pain and stiffness. Over time, the syndrome progresses and the joint deteriorates because of the lack of proper nourishment. Acupuncture focuses on removing the obstruction to the joint and increasing circulation so that the can joint receive proper nourishment. In this way, the symptoms of pain, inflammation, and stiffness can be relieved, and the joint can become stronger and healthier. With osteoarthritis, we should remember that this is a problem that will not go away and a proactive approach is necessary. Having osteoarthritis does not necessarily mean that a person must be resigned to pain and suffering- steps can be taken to minimize or prevent symptoms. The key to living with a condition such as this is to take steps towards healthy management through exercise, lifestyle changes, and therapies which relieve symptoms and help manage the condition. Acupuncture is certainly worth considering as part of this routine.
Living High Level Wellness in All Aspects of Your Life with Energy Healing: In the form of Integrated Energy Healing Methods… Quantum-Touch therapy, Polarity Therapy and Cranio-Sacral Therapy Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach
ands-on healing work is a fascinating process that takes place in the body as I simply hold my hands upon the part that needs healing, and using my special skills as an energy worker, facilitate the body in its process to return to its state of perfect health or to return to the perfect health matrix as it was before the DNA entered the system. It follows therefore, that a person may have carried a certain condition when it was born, but that it is possible for that condition to be corrected using the skills that I use. Recently, Kim and Bryan Hutt and I were exhibitors at The Mystical Event at the Ernst Young Centre on Uplands Drive in Ottawa. During the three days of The Event, we offered 20 minute sessions to visitors to enable as many people as possible to experience this work. The results were astounding, as the many comments in our feedback book can attest. Initially, we worked on the photographer, who had pain in his cervical vertebrae as well as numbness in his right leg, originating in his little toe. Kim held his toe and I placed my hands on the front and back of his neck. Within 10 minutes, we felt movement, and he was astonished at what he felt going on. His neck was totally fine, and he could walk much more easily and had energy and feeling again in his right leg. In fact, he just kept walking and coming by to see us, to show how much better he felt. We worked on many people who were dealing with old issues, that they considered could not be helped by our hands-on process. Without exception, they experienced results that were exceptional, and much beyond what the client thought could happen. Severe pain in the knee, and lower back pain, was reduced after 20 minutes, to no pain in the knee and much reduced lower back pain. One young man reported that he had fallen on his head years before, and had migraines when the weather changed. I held his head for a few moments, and then I held his ankles. Suddenly he was giggling and told me that his hips were moving as I held his ankles. When he sat up, he was again surprised, as he began to move his upper body and his shoulders. He said that he always had some sort of restriction in his neck that needed to be ‘cracked’ every now and then. After his session, that restriction was no longer there, and when he stood up he marvelled at how much taller he felt, although he was already a tall person, his body clearly felt that it had elongated while he was on the table.
Osteoarthritis and Acupuncture
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
The Territory of Suffering
Pine Gate Mindfulness Community
In Ottawa area serving Ontario & Western Quebec
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
Nucleus of Friends for Peace Canada Teachings every Thursday 7.00pm - 9.00pm
Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
This represents a few of the experiences we had at The Mystical Event. Clients are having these results every day in our studios as we place our hands upon those in pain, or with any kind of restriction in their beings. The restrictions are not always physical, they are often presenting as physical, but have a profound emotional origin. The results are, however, the same, as the emotional pain, releases as the physical pain heals itself, the emotions are healed as well. Albert Einstein once said, which is that “the solution to a problem cannot be solved at the level of the problem”. Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 20 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® therapy. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at email@example.com or you can check out her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www.wellnessunlimited.ca and the QuantumTouch website at www.quantumtouch.com
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com • 613 726 0881 http://www.ianprattis.com/PineGate/
here are clear warning signals. We get caught in our dramas, find ourselves telling and retelling our stories to whomever will listen. We court our suffering and keep it alive. The courtship of suffering can be an ugly romance for we enter into a co-dependent relationship, which has to be called by its true name – Addiction. We become so tightly tied into our suffering that we cannot be without it even though it is destroying us. We grasp at brief insights that “Yes – this is suffering” – but deal only with surface appearances. The surface exposure has a long history of gathering momentum and energy. The small snake has become a monster. The addiction to suffering is now embedded in our mental state. We respond to any glimpse of suffering with such destructive emotion that we reinforce the causes and conditions that created the suffering in the first place. And so we continue shooting ourselves in the foot, torpedoing our lives. Our suffering is caused by abuse – emotional, physical and sexual – and it becomes an organizing template in our mind. We then create an abusive relationship with that template’s qualities – addiction; fear; co-dependency. To stop the cycle of harm we need an OMG moment. The insight that: OH MY GOD THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING ALL MY LIFE. HOW DO I STOP IT? That insight has to arrive in the mind before we can apply ourselves to developing mindfulness as an antidote to the abusive relationship established with our suffering. It is awesome to penetrate the darkness and realize that the abuse has created an abusive relationship with yourself. Mindfulness practice can bring the abusive relationship to a halt. This is the required OMG moment that propels you to get to work. To go backwards from the surface and investigate the causes and conditions that placed you in such suffering. And so we learn the practices, tools and concentrations that support this journey of understanding suffering and taking care of it. We break the cycle through re-training and mindfulness practice. We equip ourselves for a journey to be well that requires our determination to practice mindfulness daily and ensure that we take refuge in wise support.
Your Warning System December greetings from Is Working? Church of Perfect Liberty Derek Van Der Light 1010 Hunt Club Road
May all the glad tidings of the season bless your household and family December is a month of celebration, lots of shopping, and lots of parties. We recognize that not everyone wants to party, and not everyone enjoys this time of the year. People from other countries, cultures and walks of life, are bombarded at this time of year with movies, shows and broadcasts of Xmas season’s past. Most of all, it is a time that you are acutely aware of being on your own when there is songs on the radio and television shows all about “family holiday gatherings” The hype and commercialism of the December holiday is constant. Be aware that you are NOT on your own, and that many countries and groups of people, although appreciating the joy and happiness that abounds, it is not part of their customs. If you need a place to just destress, unwind, an ear to listen, we at PL are here to be of service/help. We are a phone call away, or if you prefer to e-mail, Rev. Eugene’s e-mail will be provided at the end of this missive. Don’t be alone, reach out, PL is non-denominational, we do not take away from what you believe in, we enhance and reconnect you to your roots. Our doors are open, you are welcome. Sundays – service 10:00 a.m. December 21st. PL Thanksgiving service 7:00 p.m. http://dymoonblog.com If you wish to speak with me (dymoon), leave a message at the church. 613- 225-1850 Rev. Euguene, Sr. Minister - firstname.lastname@example.org
When a fire or smoke detector is not working properly - it could cost you your life. If a temperature gauge in a boiler room is malfunctioning - a violent explosion could be the result. If you don’t hear the sound of a train whistle - your car could be struck. In the same way, our bodies and minds have built in warning systems to protect us and our valuable cargo. But do we fully understand what our warning system is telling us? I see myself as a facilitator to help people realize what they have and help them use their natural tools to their best advantage. For instance, in choosing what food to buy at the supermarket I ask the question “Is this food good for me to eat?” My body bends forward or backward immediately in response to this question.There are some of you who would respond in the same way. Others would not respond in this physical manner but might see a particular colour in their minds or hear a particular sound.I should point out that I also receive a telepathic yes or no in response to the same question. Not everybody receives their information in the same way. Always remember that there are different systems of detection for different people. My purpose, therefore, is to help you find what your primary system is and show you how to use it in the most effective manner possible. I am prepared to work with individuals, couples and small groups in a personal or workshop setting to assist in fulfilling these objectives. Derek Van Der Light is a Shaman, Teacher and Exorcist. You can call or text him by phone: (613)252-7509 Email: email@example.com Blog: http://derekvanderlight.wordpress.com
198 Main Street, Ottawa, ON • 613-234-9597 • www.thegreendoor.ca 22
Laura’s Numerology News For December 2015 HAPPY HOLIDAYS! How to calculate your personal monthly number for December Add the day of your birth to the month of your birth and then add the number 2 to this number. You always add double digits together in numerology to reduce to a single number. (Example - birthday of Jan. 5 – Jan. (1 month) 5 (day) added together = 6 then add this month’s number which 2. Then add 6+2=8. You would read point number 8 if this was your birthday. If you still have trouble, email me Lbaird@istar.ca 1. I know that this year was a rough ride, for sure. The stresses and worries of this year should begin to fade by the end of the month. Take extra time this month to rest and heal your weary mind and body. You are moving into a stronger phase soon. 2. If you are extra generous to your special clients, friends and loved ones this Christmas, the rewards will be seen early next year. Diplomacy is required in all your relationships. Pushyness will push back, so be careful. 3. Is there anything or anyone that you do not want to take with you, into your next 9 year cycle? Use this month to do the final excavation of everything that has to go. Try to also factor in some fun or travel. Get ready for a new cycle in your life. 4. I know that you have worked very, very hard, this year, and may not have reaped the rewards yet. New business opportunities are stewing and they will lighten your financial load, soon. There is usually increased work and family duty at this time, but try to factor in a bit of time for you.
5. You will be forced to deal with a relationship that is on the brink of some kind of change. Deal with this now and make a pact with yourself to put more emphasis on your health and and creativity next year. 6. Are you thinking of getting engaged, or making a major domestic commitment this month? You may want to wait until Jan., as there could be some issues that come up that make you change your mind, or want to approach it differently. Home and family issues are spotlighted for you this month. 7. You must take a break or you might blow a brain cell. You are running on very low fuel and may feel totally toasted. Next year will be a busier year than you ever imagined, so get ready. Many, many changes are coming. 8.Long awaited change related to your business or money situation will finally appear. Just say “Yes”, to the offer and go for it, NOW. This is a month to take action, and promote yourself and your product. 9. You will not have much time for your own personal needs, in Dec. Every moment of your time will be focused on the kids, home or family responsibilities. Call Granny and the clan and invite them for Xmas dinner. If you have a bit of extra time, use it to clean the dust bunnies from your home and get rid of unwanted junk and clutter. Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist/ life coach. Full sessions are available inperson to clients in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Phone and Skype sessions are conducted worldwide. For a personal consultation please email: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-725-7232
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Bowen Therapy for H " G E N T L E
T O U C H ,
P O W E R F U L
H E A L I N G "
Certiﬁed Bowenwork Practitioner
www.bowentherapyottawa.ca email@example.com 747D Richmond Rd, Ottawa, ON
Healing Diagnosis Avelia Manoukian Bowen Therapy Practitioner Thai Yoga Massage Therapist Aura Photography & Readings 448 Yves Street Rockland ON K4K 1E9 Phone: 613-419-0899 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.healingdiagnosis.ca
By Patricia Gervais ‘Tis the season for giving. Many of us have busy lives, and are even busier at this time of year. Pain, stress and constant commitments are draining. It can be hard to give to others when we’re not feeling well and are running on empty. This holiday season, take some time for yourself and your health and try Bowen Therapy. Bowen Therapy may help with a wide range of conditions such as muscle and joint problems like back and neck pain; shoulder, elbow, and knee pain; foot problems like hammer toes, bunions and plantar fasciitis; and even TMJ issues. It may also help with nerve pain like carpal tunnel and sciatica. Bowen Therapy can be highly effective on internal conditions, such as asthma, migraines, digestive problems, and elimination issues. Bowen Therapy is famous for eliminating colic in babies, often in just one session! Chronic conditions such as MS, arthritis, Parkinson’s, and fibromyalgia may improve with ongoing work. Many clients find Bowen Therapy helps them to relax and reduces anxiety and stress-related conditions. Because of prolonged stress, they’ve often forgotten what it feels like to be relaxed. With Bowen Therapy, they “feel better in their skin” and are better able to make choices and decisions that support their continued well-being. A Bowenwork session usually lasts about 45 minutes to an hour. The gentle but purposeful moves can be done on skin or through light clothing. There are specific pauses between various sets of moves to allow the body to integrate and process the received information, and to activate the healing process. Each session is individualized specifically for you according to how your body responds. Bowen Therapy can be used on anyone, from the very frail or elderly to expectant mothers and newborns. Bowen Therapy is a truly holistic approach to healing that affects body, mind and spirit. It can take you out of the “fight or flight mode” that most of us are in most of the time and put you into “relax and repair mode” where you need to be to heal.
Bowen Therapy Success Stories
Here’s what our clients are saying about Bowen Therapy. Back Pain I had a nagging, recurring pulled muscle in my back I thought I would try Bowen Therapy. After three treatments the muscle was definitely much better
Health and Well-Being and during that time I continued to golf, which had originally caused the problem. After a couple more treatments, I can say that the problem is gone. This is the best hour of relaxation, and a wonderful healing process at the same time.” MG, 2015 Shoulder Pain and Insomnia “I started Bowen Therapy because of a sore shoulder and a general feeling of unwell. After the first treatment I left feeling relaxed and very calm. After a few sessions, the shoulder pain had decreased significantly. After a few more sessions the pain was gone and hasn’t returned. I found the sessions very gentle and calming and always left feeling better than when I arrived, both in mind and body. I also suffer from insomnia and discovered the added benefit in the change in my sleep. I was able to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.” SE, 2015 Repetitive Strain Injury “The Bowen Therapist successfully addressed the pain in my right arm and hand caused by repetitive strain injury. For weeks, I would wake up in the middle of the night with a throbbing pain in my right hand and a dull ache in my arm. The therapist provided targeted Bowen treatment, recommended an ergonomic assessment of my workstation, and suggested individual exercises to alleviate the pain. I often tell people that my Bowen Therapist saved my life, because not only did she Bowen-away the pain issue, I was no longer sleep deprived.” AW, 2015 Stress “I started Bowen Therapy in a state of great emotional pain and debilitated by stress. Bowen Therapy provided immediate and deep relief from the suffering. It has helped too, in my recovery from an alcoholic relapse.” KK, 2015
Introduction to Bowenwork® a free two-hour presentation will be held on January 22nd from 6-8pm at the Village Clinic, 361 Churchill Ave., Westboro Includes lecture, demonstration and discussion of the training program. RSVP is required to register. Bowenwork® training program will be offered in Ottawa starting in Spring 2016. Info: www.bowentrainingacademy.com for information and registration or contact Janet Riley at 613 848-2083 email@example.com
Cerebral Palsy “The Bowen Therapist explained Bowen therapy and I decided to try it for three sessions. During the hour session, I experienced physical sensations and even emotional feeling. Because of my positive experience, I had another three sessions in the spring. I felt more energy and I gained more physical stability that has maintained even while I take a shower. I have cerebral palsy since birth and I intend to do some more Bowen Therapy to discover the results.“ CP, 2015
the gas pains had improved and he hasn’t had any in two weeks. He is also not as fussy. He still has some bouts of colic but definitely not like before. He’s such a happier baby now.”
Colic “I am happy to report Caleb is doing much better! I’d say about a week after his last Bowen Therapy session,
There’s a Bowen Therapy practitioner near you! See the business cards in this article and visit our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/BowenTherapyOttawaRegion
Janet is an internationally licensed Bowenwork® instructor with the Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops LEARN TO MEDITATE:
Love Peace Harmony Ottawa Calendar Listings – December 2015
Introductory Taste of Zen by Mountain Moon Sangha (Ottawa)
Thurs. 7-9:30 PM, Jan. 7 to Feb. 4. Location: West End Well 969 Wellington St. (2nd floor). Cost $90; consideration for those in need. Go to http://mountainmoonottawa.org/ or email MMSOttawa@bell.net for details or to register.
Open House Celebration and One-Night-Only Sale December 4th Lisa Virtue is holding a celebration on Dec. 4th from 5:30-9:30pm. She will be hosting many festivities over the course of the evening including channeling angels, connecting to your guides, and grounding. There will be readings available, a session on working with crystals to aid yourself and others, and much more fun to be had. For details visit www.LisaVirtue.com
Quantum-Touch® Therapy Level I Certificate Training weekend Saturday and Sunday, January 30th and 31st, 2016, 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. You will be learning from the first Canadian Quantum-Touch Instructor Compassionate Communication. Practice Group for Non-Violent Communication skill building Beginning on the second and fourth Wednesday of January 13th, 2016, until April 27th, , 2016 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. We will come together to begin this process, to work within a safe environment to create an energy field together as a group of individuals choosing to learn and to practice Compassionate Speaking and Listening. We will begin our process to learn to be natural with a skill set that creates meaning in our own lives as we witness improvements in all our relationships. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751
SPECIAL PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT
Let Go and Let In: Release the Energy of 2015 and Embrace Your Best Year in 2016
Master Sha’s Soul Healing Groups Learn effective and practical techniques to self-heal, prevent sickness, boost energy, balance emotions, transform relationships, finances, and more. Soul Mind Body Wellness Monday, December 14 and 21; 7 – 9 pm, $5 Tanglewood Park Community Centre, 30 Woodfield Drive, Nepean K2G 3Y5 Contact Shirley: 613.292.2288 email@example.com Heal and Transform Your Life Wednesday, December 9, 16, 23, 30; 7 – 9 pm, $5 1640 Cheevers Crescent, Ottawa K4A 2J5 Contact Susan: 613.276.7132 firstname.lastname@example.org Chant Love, Peace and Harmony Tuesday, December 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; 7 – 8 pm By teleconference: 641.715.3821; code 692982# Contact Sara: 613.620.1996 email@example.com
A Two-Part Program Sunday, December 13th and Monday December 28th 1:00 – 4:00pm Sound Healing ● Energy Clearing ● Meditation Intention Setting and more… You can choose to participate in one of the two sessions for $87 or sign up for both (recommended) for $147
Hosted by Moira Hutchison and Rick Lécuyer Seats are limited so please call or email to register: 613.432.1239 ● Moira@WellnessWithMoira.com 26
December 5 • 12-5 Tarot Readings with Michelyn December 10 • 5-8 Angel Readings with Susan December 12 • 1-3 Crystal Healings with Michelyn December 17 • 11-5 Astrology Readings with Sue-Ann 613 692 5151 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SUFI ORDER OF OTTAWA http://sufiorderofottawa.webs.com/ SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. A simple, easy-to-learn technique to enhance creativity and bliss and reduce daily stress. Free intro talk every Wed. 7:30 pm, and Sun.1:30pm (visit http://ca.tm.org to register) at the Ottawa TM Ctr., City Centre bldg (near Albert/ Preston) or call Mary or Gerard at 613 565 2030. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount.
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at
103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
PAIN RELIEF; correction of chronic conditions; addiction relief; weight loss; pro-active tune-up for health maintenance. Meridians Clinic (613) 728-2579 www.naetottawa.com BLAISE T. RYAN, R.TCMP, R.Ac. Specializing in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, Qigong and Child Psychology. Experienced & Registered. Adults & Children. Insurance receipts available. Located in Westboro at The Village Clinic. Book online at www.drblaiseryan.com or call 613-702-5377
• Adult ADD Support Group WEEKLY TWO HOUR MEETINGS are divided into, 1) causal discussion on individual coping styles and, 2) information, support and available resources. Meetings held Wednesday’s 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Contact: 613-868-1801 or email@example.com for location and detailed agenda.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor, Destiny Card Readings. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com;
or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy treatment ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com HEALING ANGELS OF THE ENERGY FIELD, Integrated Energy Therapy-Master Instructor and Journey Practitioner. Learn how to connect with your angels and be the best you can be. Contact Susan at 613-220-6551 or email me at email@example.com
• Anxiety ANXIETY, STRESS, DEPRESSION, GRIEF clearings on all Levels, bringing Balance, Health, Abundance, Peace & Purpose. DNA & LIGHT ENERGY Healing with 5 dimensional Tools for this accelerated time. Long distance available www.catherinegreen.net 613-479-0299
• Aqualead AQUALEAD ENERGY - Healing water, environmental healing. Level I, II and Master classes. Free of charge, donations accepted. Sabine Blais, Aqualead & Reiki Master. email firstname.lastname@example.org for schedules, www. aqualeadinstitute.org (819) 230-6638.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
DIRECTORY • Art ART AND MINDFULNESS: Using sculpture to explore awareness. Individual sessions and workshops. No experience necessary. Hilde Paz 613 829-3408.
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, email@example.com 11TH HOUSE ASTROLOGY GROUP, open to all levels, to exchange & learn, 2nd Monday of month (Sept.-June), 61 Main St. Ottawa. Info: 613-821-4839. INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aura Photography AURA PHOTO & Chakra Balancing Aura pic & interpretation, Colour therapy, Clear blockages, Healing. Rina Soucy 613-841-8651
• Ayurveda NOEL SMITH-SPARROW: Ayurvedic lifestyle Consultant, phone: (613) 294-7798 email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond.
Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 LORI HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; lori@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bookkeeping BOOKKEEPING SERVICES for Small Businesses, Non-Profit Org. Practical Accounting for Health and Wellness Practitioners. Bilingual Services, Free Consultation. More than 35 years of experience. Please contact Lucie at 514-7556570 or email@example.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWENTHERAPY OTTAWA Bette Madigan. www.BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) Mother Earth Natural Health Store, 747 Richmond Rd. Insurance receipts available. Call 613-7224249 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com BOWENWORKS OF KINGSTON, Andrée Boisvert, Certified Bowenwork® Practitioner, 920 Princess St., Suite 105, Kingston, 613331-3625, firstname.lastname@example.org www.abholistichealth.com BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN. Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/
pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Ceremonies CARRIE RATHWELL, CEREMONIALIST. Personalized ceremonies created for and with you: weddings, funerals, baby and family ceremonies, rites of passage, pet funerals, shamanic journeys for ceremonies, and more. 613-2371473. www.carrierathwell.com
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 firstname.lastname@example.org www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email email@example.com DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
DIRECTORY • Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clubs OWLS Club: socially-responsible club for ladies 40+, for friendship, support and co-creation. For info or to join: www.owls-club.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org MARLENE NEUFELD, MSW, RSW, AND BOB NEUFELD, M.ED., help couples create closer loving relationships. We specialize in two-on-two couples coaching/psychotherapy. Experience our life changing approach which will help you learn skills and techniques that facilitate lasting personal change in a faster and easier way than traditional talk-therapy. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-chargeto you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC - providing Personal & Spiritual Growth Coaching, Mindfulness & Body-Mind Healing Therapies. 613-295-9987 www.spiritwell.ca www.annagreen.ca
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday from November 9 at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual
appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling. com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 firstname.lastname@example.org ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) Counselling couples and individuals toward more peaceful, loving relationships. LIVE, LAUGH, PLAY. Develop more insight and happiness - improve intimacy and reduce conflict. Counselling and mediation services are available. Receipts available, clinically supervised therapy. Downtown area. 613295-9987 www.annagreen.ca BRENDA GREY. B.A. Psychology (Honours) Registered Psychotherapist. Individual, Adolescence & Marriage. Depression / Past Abuse / Self Esteem Issues/ Interpersonal Conflicts / Anger Management / Eliminating Stress / Anxiety Author of : Mending a Wounded Life Gentle words for Healing. email@example.com 613-623-1888. Serving:Ottawa West /Dunrobin/Carp/ Kinburn/Almonte/Arnprior. https://sites. google.com/site/brendagreytherapy/home GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 EXPLORING THE POWERS OF THE MIND What are the tendencies of the mind? How can it be directed to be a supportive companion through the journey of grief? In this workshop you will explore practices - including visualization, breathing techniques, concentration and reflection - to help you understand the mind’s powers and expansive possibilities. This workshop will be offered by Swami Matananda, for Bereaved Families of Ottawa in partnership with Yasodhara Ashram. REGISTRATION REQUIRED Wednesday, October 28th, 6:30 - 8:30 pm 211 Bronson Ave $30 contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTORY HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only.www. healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow.com
• Couples MARLENE AND BOB NEUFELD help couples who want to create a closer, more loving relationship with one another. Learn how to avoid the common relationship problems of criticism, defensiveness, or just drifting apart. Experience Bob and Marlene’s life changing approach, which includes their ability to bring a couple’s perspective to helping other couples. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-charge-to you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) - Improve emotional attachment , connection, and communication - reduce stress and conflict. Counselling and mediation services: receipts available, clinically supervised therapy. Downtown area. 613-295-9987 www.annagreen.ca
BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
IONCLEANSE™ FOOT BATH with full nutritional support for the ongoing process of detoxing. Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com
ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC Cranio-sacral therapy (Upledger), reiki and body-mind healing from life’s mishaps. CALM. RELAXED. CENTERED. Assists the body’s natural healing intelligence and optimal restoration of immune and nervous system functions for many conditions. Downtown area. 613-295-9987 www. spiritwell.ca
ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613)272-2739
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful handpicked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | Crystal Store | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate includes “laying on of stones” | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 email@example.com | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dance THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT offers distance education courses in Reiki, Intuitive Development/ Counseling, Energy Therapies and Spiritual awareness. Take Individual Courses or become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist R.I.N. 819-328-9128 www.canadiannaturotherapies.co
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080
DANCES OF UNIVERSAL PEACE: Join us in simple, meditative multi-cultural circle dances that use sacred phrases from the many sacred traditions of the earth to touch the spiritual essence within ourselves and others. For more information call 613-594-9248, checkour schedule at www.marleneandbob. com or email firstname.lastname@example.org BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification ION CLEANSE” Foot Bath Detox, fast, easy, effective way to detox the body in 30 min. Also offering “CHI MACHINE and FAR INFRARED DOMES’ sessions. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna-Foley 613-842-3337 firstname.lastname@example.org
OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE AND EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE to release blocks and empower you to step into your magnificence. Catherine McLenaghan, certified Donna Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. Call 613-730-0411. Private sessions and ongoing classes.www.energywellspring.com
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life.
DIRECTORY Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. HEALING FROM WITHIN. Energywork and Bodywork through Inner Knowing. Contact Jim Holland at 613-824-1181 MARTIN DESLAURIERS – Physical and emotional healing. From injuries to chronic diseases, pain, burnout, grief. Grounding and self-healing group sessions. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets email@example.com 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Jurlique Organic Skin Care. Gayle Mickelson 613.422.5701
• Feng Shui BALANCE - HARMONY - ENERGY Enhancing spaces that transform your life. Registered Interior Designer and Certified Feng Shui Consultant. Specializing in Space and Clutter Clearing, Space Planning, Design and Decoration, Colour and Light, Renovation and Construction. Pamela Burns, ARIDO, IDC, Reiki Master (613) 741-4055 CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Feng Shui Workshops PRACTITIONER/FACILITATOR LINDA THERRIEN from Life Health Healing Center provides two workshops. Introduction to Feng Shui with compass and Advanced Feng Shui with crystals both include certificates. Let Feng Shui in your home and in your life help you achieve Harmony, Abundance, Happiness and more. Workshops are held on the third
Saturday or Sunday of each month from 1pm to 5pm. Pre-registration required. Linda is the founder and teacher of Dimensional Meditation with crystals. Call: 613-824-4548 or visit www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Family Planning FAMILY PLANNING CONSULTING using the highly successful Lunar Phase Method. One time fee of $100.00 includes personalized profile and follow up. Nancy at 613-324-4458 or fertility-wheel @hotmail.com.
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of stubborn patterns and blockages, healing of trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custom-made foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at dr.gauthier@ sympatico.ca or www.spineandfoot.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and
strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-6121181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Herbs JUDY’S ORGANIC HERBS Canada’s favourite source for medicinal herbs & health items. Huge selection of highest-quality organic bulk herbs including Premium Herbs from our gardens, vibrant tinctures, oils & vinegars, custom formulas, Ayurvedic herbs, Best-Tasting Krispy Kelp, DEET-Free Insect Repellent, Poison Ivy Remedy, fresh Ginseng, Vita-Mix, LiteBook, Chi Machine, Far Infrared Hot House, large selection of books & more. Mailed to your home or office. Free e-newsletter. Consultations available by appointment. www.earthmedicine.ca 613-832-8241 613-832-8241
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www.nutrihom.com; email@example.com; (613) 842-9328
• Hotstone Healing JOIN HOT STONE ENERGY THERAPIST and Reiki Master Pauline Brown A.N.N. member for the utmost in healing, relaxation, and a wonderful state of well-being. $85.00 for 90 minute session. Call: 819-684-7885 or visit: www.healinghandswithpauline.ca. Receipts provided and gift certificates available BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTORY • Hypnotherapy
234-5678 or 726-3636.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE? Holistic hypnosis guides you to your unique solutions and a better life! Priscilla Corcoran, www.radiantchanges.com 613-859-3902
JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
RID YOURSELF OF OLD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS. Hypnosis and HypnoAcupunctbure. SLEEP despite your partner’s snoring thanks to hypnosis. Weight loss, Drug, Smoking, Sex, Food and Gambling addictions. Age regression to correct decades old influences. Hypnosis by Judy Spence (CH), National Guild of Hypnotists-certified. Ottawa 613-7282579 OR Gatineau: 819-661-1061. 1st session: $100. Subsequent $80. Insurance receipts. www.naetottawa.com
HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - email@example.com www.kaivalya.ca
WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessive-compulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www.graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recordingGrace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888390-3553 firstname.lastname@example.org MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-2056670 www.martinebrisson.com BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist,
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Energy Counselling INTUITIVE ENERGY THERAPIST/ COUNSELOR and Author Cheryl Jiala Driskell helps you BENEFIT from an ‘Intuitive Approach’ to your health. What is out of balance is immediately made clear and energy therapies bring you back to flow! 15 mins from Island Park 819-328-9128. www.intuitivelight.com
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Psychic Readings LINDA THERRIEN World Known Medium Clairvoyant. Using Crystals, Chinese Astrology and Channeling Cards, my Readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and Spiritual Healing. I am accurate, dependable and gifted. I am Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, Past Life Regression Channeling Facilitator and a Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner. (613-8244548) www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 KERRY PALFRAMAN. NOT A FORTUNE TELLER. Goes straight to the root of troubling problems & yanks them to the surface for you to see. www.indigowisdom.ca LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 SUZANNE WHITE Bilingual Psychic/Medium, Card & Photo Readings, Dowsing, Psychometry and House Clearing. 343-8826559 firstname.lastname@example.org www.suesintuition.ca INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367 MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 GOT A NEED? HAVE A PROBLEM? LET ME SERVE YOU. Derek Van Der Light. Shaman, Teacher & Exorcist. Call or Text: (613) 252-7509. Email: derek. email@example.com Blog: http:// derekvanderlight.wordpress.com RUNE READINGS BY WILLOWMARIE POWER For the turning points in your life when understanding the reasons behind your choices, passions and creativity make all the difference. Those times when you need to know what you really want and what matters most. I offer in-depth, hour-long readings (gift certificates also available). To schedule an appointment email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-604-5086
DIRECTORY • Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Kinesiology THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Live Cell Microscopy
Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca RE - SELF - ING, a Journey to Wholeness, orthotherapie, swedish massage, reiki. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna 613842-3337 firstname.lastname@example.org
LIVE CELL MICROSCOPY. Heal yourself at the cellular level. View red and white blood cell health, and contents of the blood stream. www.aliveandwellness.ca
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
• Lymphatic VODDER METHOD. Effective treatment for acute & chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM, RN. 613-728-2579 www.naetottawa.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427 MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www.restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS Effective treatment of many chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM RN. 613-7282579 www.naetottawa.com CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT,
NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca RIDEAU MASSAGE THERAPY - Feeling stress, pain,or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Free Parking. 418 Rideau St. 613-241-3434. More info at www.lorirmt.ca or contact Lori at email@example.com BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com YONG KAI, RMT, Registered Massage Therapist. Stress & Tension, Back & Neck Pain, Stress & Tension, Muscle Strains, Headaches & Migraines, Sciatica, Tendonitis, Sport Injuries (613) 435-6988, cell (613) 852-4852. Insurance Accepted. firstname.lastname@example.org MAITLAND MASSAGE THERAPY: a healing company.Online booking. www.MaitlandMassage. ca Free parking. Melanie Ransom, RMT, BHSc. 878 Maitland Ave. 613-722-6423 RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127.
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul
DIRECTORY rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. email@example.com 1 800 226 4428 CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. DYNAMIC MEDITATION. Learn the lifechanging techniques of deep mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace and wellbeing. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion, development of chakras. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org. GROUNDING AND SELF-HEALING group sessions. Emotion integration and transmutation. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: email@example.com or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org LEARN TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES that will enhance your growth and development to bring the meditative process into daily living. Individual and group classes-daytime/evening. ISUL method. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 firstname.lastname@example.org MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful & healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us
a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Sandy Hill, WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com, http://bit.ly/TwinHearts SAHAJA YOGA MEDITATION. Awaken your Kundalini energy to balance you, connect you to cosmic consciousness, and bring about your spiritual rebirth. Visit us at freemeditation. com or sahajayoga.ca. Saturdays 3:00 pm Ottawa Public Library 120 Metcalfe (FREE) MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. MÉDITER POUR L’ÉVOLUTION DU MONDE:Un nombre grandissant d’individus cherchent une façon de s’engager et d’aider la planète. C’est précisément le rôle des groupes de méditation de Transmission de participer au processus de transmission des énergies venant des Maîtres de Sagesse, pour le besoin de l’humanité. Joignez-vous à notre groupe de méditation, tous les mercredis de 19h à 21h au Centre communautaire Richelieu-Vanier, 300, avenue Des PèresBlancs, Ottawa, On, K1L 7L5. Informations supplémentaires: (613) 841-2264
• Meditation on CD JENNIFER BERNIUS guides you through 5 soothing and inspiring meditations to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. This CD, Into the Silence, with gorgeous musical accompaniment, will revitalize your daily meditation practice, helping to open your chakras and awakening you to the healing power of light. Cost: $20. 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mentoring Program FOR OVER 20 YEARS KERRY PALFRAMAN has been a spiritual teacher and healer. This program offers you her personal support and guidance in any area of your choosing. Empowering you towards you your next level of mastery. www.indigowisdom.ca
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com
• N.A.E.T. ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-661-1061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Natural Healing THōMAS MARTīN TEGTMEYER ca.linkedin. com/in/tmtegtmeyer/ Ultimate Wellbeing EDUCATiON mieux-être ultime www. thomasmtegtmeyer.com/Testimonials.html. Self-healing and blessings in person, distance, remote. Founder, www.energybalanceexchange.org (1998). Kingston/Ottawa 613-7695575. Greater mobility, comfort and freedom.
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-627-3880, firstname.lastname@example.org PURE MED NATUROPATHIC CENTRE Licensed Naturopathic Doctors focusing on Digestive Disorders, Fatigue and Stress, Pain, Menopause, and Healthy Aging. Come in for a free 15 minute consultation to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 298 Dalhousie St., Suite 150 613-216-4661, email@example.com, puremednaturopathic.com
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org; 613-842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance
DIRECTORY LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life and Spiritual Journeys ALLAN GREEN, Master Past Life and Spiritual Journey Facilitator since 1982; Allan sees what you see & feels what you feel. Eliminate Fears, Blockages, Pain from Past Life wounds. Find your Mission/Purpose, Meet Spirit Guides. Talk with People crossed over. Clear up people issues, that holds you back. www.allangreen.ca email@example.com 1-877-213-7576.
• Pranic Healing FAYE IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions at a studio in the Byward Market, as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye sees clients for a broad range of physical and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, Pranic facelifts or weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec. As part of her service to her community, Faye holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Sandy Hill every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario. ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook. com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Qigong PHILIP LAI QI GONG ASSOCIATION offers Qi Gong and Tai Chi courses at various locations in Ottawa. The classes are taught by Master Philip Lai (a certified naturotherapist who has 30 years of experience teaching Qi Gong, Kung Fu and traditional Chinese medicine) and associates. Qi Gong helps to reduce your stress, control pain and allergies, strengthen your self-healing ability and increase your energy level. Training to become a certified instructor and private consultations with Master Lai are also available. For more information, contact Catherine at 613737-0553 or visit www.philiplaiqigong.ca CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong
exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:15-10:45am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@gmail.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Nov. 28-29 Information Healing; Jan. 16, 9:30noon Free Seminar; Jan.16-17 Qi and Structure; March 5-6 Basic; April 2 Open Mind; May 13-15 Retreat; June 4-5 Transposing and Mapping; July 9, 9:30 -noon Free Seminar; July 9-10 Information Healing. Contact Angela at email@example.com or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. email@example.com Visit: www.TheReconnection.com ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology
practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com ENJOY AN HOUR of head, feet & hands reflexology. Great for stress, relaxation and general well-being. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com, 613.897.9642 LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki LIFE HEALTH HEALING CENTER Linda Therrien, Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master/ Teacher. Weekly classes and treatment sessions. Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, weekly private classes. Call: 613-824-4548 www.lifehealthhealing.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com VISION REIKI- CATHERINE BASTEDO Holographic-Usui Reiki Master. Personalized Reiki classes in English or French; individual sessions, daytime/week ends. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. Call 819-778-2590 firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com
DIRECTORY PESI SHROFF Traditional Usui Reiki Master/ Teacher & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins are committed to self-empower individuals who commit themselves to healing & personal growth. They offer Hands-on & Long Distance Reiki Treatments; Reiki Level I & II courses & Reiki Masters. Reiki is used for: Pain, Stress & Chronic Medical Condition Management; Anti-aging & Health maintenance; Improving Immunity, and more. Also See Workshops section. Visit www.zgoldenlight.com; Pesi: 613 829 0224; Lise: 613 795 1469; firstname.lastname@example.org “Empowering one person at a time” ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com UNIVERSAL LIFE FORCE-MASTER REIKI CLASSES 3 in 1 based on the Usui Method. New and all levels welcome...individual and small classes. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com ANNA GREEN, MA - SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – www.spiritwell.ca - 613-729-2775. Bodycentered Process Work, Spiritual Care, Reiki & Training, Chakras, Aromatherapy, Bach Remedies, Muscle testing, SET, EFT, Meridians/ Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime - Civic Hospital Area. REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/
Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com sGODDESS & THE GREEN MAN CRYSTAL EARTH RETREAT Personal customized Up-levelling Retreats for people using our services, on the Canadian Shield in OMPAH, 45 minutes North West of Perth. www.allangreen.ca www.catherinegreen. net www.crystalearthhealingspa.com 613479-0299 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427 STEPHANIE BROSSARD ROLFING® STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION. Stephanie Brossard Certified Rolfer™ www.sbrolfing. com email@example.com 613-240-5285
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836 GORGEOUS ‘VIOLET FLAME HEALING ROOM’ available at Green Spirit, a cosy, high vibration spiritual store located at 5558 Manotick Main St in Manotick. Very reasonable rates. Flexible schedules can be accommodated. Various forms of advertising included.
• Schools THE 8TH FIRE - School for professional training and development in the Algonquin Healing Arts of Shamanism, Spiritual Healing, and Energy
Medicine. Two-year professional training program and certification offered, among the most comprehensive Shamanic Training programs in the world, taught by a Traditional Algonquin Medicine Person. Many teachings are unique and exclusive to this training alone. Phone 613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com for more info. ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Year Certification Program provides complete training in the ancient arts of Crystal and Shamanic Healing | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s Awakening the Illuminated Heart Workshop and more… | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism (Traditional & Authentic) ALGONQUIN MEDICINE MAN - Spiritual Healing & Energy Medicine, offering a comprehensive listing of services and ceremonies to help facilitate healings on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. Traditionally trained Algonquin Healer available at (613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com.
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 | email@example.com | www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com IN A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT, experience traditional ceremonies and medicine that promote physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Distance Healing also available. SatDaya Williams at 447 Holland Ave Unit 3, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com SHAMANIC ENERGY WORK IN PERSON OR AT A DISTANCE for physical, emotional and spiritual healing and well-being. Also animal totem workshops. Janice Land (613) 834-6677. www.journeytoinnerhealing.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Sound Healing
DIRECTORY DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556.
RECEIVE GENTLE LOVING MESSAGES FROM YOUR ANGELS through tarot. Please visit my website at www.nicolelehmann.ca or call me at 613-371-2525.
SOUND THERAPY WITH FIBONACCI & SOLFEGGIO TUNING FORKS. Expand your consciousness and promote healing on all levels of your being, across all dimensions. Bring your soul back into perfect alignment with its own ‘song’! Contact Kay Aveling at Green Spirit in Manotick, 613 692 5151 or 613 795 1970.
TAROT READINGS with DAVID CLOUDS. If you’re looking for a Reading, it’s a good indication that you would benefit from having one. I have a home practice and make house calls. Please visit my website, davidclouds.com, or ring 613 619 5977
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. with Rev. Nicole Moronval, President and Founder, Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill ave. N. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at email@example.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org
TAROT INTERPRETATION BY SUZANNE DUC. Private consultation and party readings available. Home page at www.facebook.com/ sdtarot. Contact (613) 841-2597 or suzanne. email@example.com to arrange an appointment. PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
• Thai Massage LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St.613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation, pain relief, supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Therapies & Healing PAST LIVES AND KARMIC HEALING. Through deep meditation reconnect with your past lives to heal hold wounds and free yourself from karmic links. Nathalie Hillman in Gatineau, French or English. nathalie@ reprisedememoires.com 819-930-2290 reprisedememoires.com
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that
declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at email@example.com
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-236-5758. MINIMEWEBSITES.COM Affordable websites, banners. Free Consultation: 613-824-9348 WEBSITESBYDARLENE.COM - One small business helping another. From $250. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 email@example.com
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email email@example.com. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other
DIRECTORY modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION, SelfEmpowerment, Counseling & Developmental Workshops by Reiki Master Pesi Shroff & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins: Bring about the Paradigm Shift from a mindcentered to a heart-centered approach. Workshops: 1) Letting go of False Ego; 2) Releasing Self-limiting Thoughts; 3) Releasing Unpleasant states - Fear, Anger, Frustration, etc; 4) Forgiveness, the Easy Way; 5) Energetically Harmonizing Your Relationships; 6) Energetically Quietening Your Mind. Also see Reiki section. Visit www. zgoldenlight.com; 613 829 0224; 613 795 1469; firstname.lastname@example.org “Empowering one person at a time” SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www.spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact spiritpainting2002@yahoo. com Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX. COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/ certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS with an esoteric approach using hypnosis and NLP. For more info visit www. TheSuccessRoom.ca or call 613.699.4555 WORKSHOP SPACE AVAILABLE days and evenings. Maximum 25 people. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836
• Yoga RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE Are you stressed? Anxious? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? We’ve got you covered. With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone (sometimes even soup!).Come shop, socialize, sip on our house tea, read from our community library or drop off a food bank donation. Can’t afford yoga rates? Let’s talk. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation, like we said, we’ve got you covered, because yoga is for everyone With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation. www.ottawayoga.com 613.234.7974 342 Gladstone Ave YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for
all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other props, DVDs, CDs. Complimentary tea after each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-304-6320, www.yogaandtea.com GENTLE YOGA AND MEDITATION. Mondays in Crystal Beach (just west of Bayshore). 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Maki House Community Centre. 19 Leeming Drive. Julie 613-254-8469 PRANASHANTI YOGA CENTRE. A full-service wellness centre in the Hintonburg area of Ottawa near the Parkdale Market minutes from downtown and numerous public transportation stops. In our custom designed eco-friendly 8,000-sq.ft centre, our dedicated team of teachers and therapists offer a wide variety of classes in 4 spacious studios and specially designed therapies in our Consultation spaces. Our soothing atmosphere and inspiring setting will help you cultivate a deep inner state of body centered restful awareness that will benefit every aspect of your life. Our spa-like change rooms with ample showers, Infrared Sauna and full service boutique further support your healthy lifestyle. Open 7 days/week, 80+ classes/week. Workshops, teacher training programs, concerts and events offered throughout the year. 100+ free parking spaces, complimentary tea served all day. Relax, take your time, leave feeling renewed. Drop in for a visit! 613.761.9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com ADI SHAKTI YOGA CENTRE IN ORLÉANS/ OTTAWA EAST serving with gratitude since 2003. Director/Owner: Lise Ram Das Latulippe. Ottawa’s Home of KUNDALINI YOGA: humanity’s most ancient yoga. Beginners & Advanced classes of uplifting, fun & highly informative Kundalini Yoga taught by experienced, certified teachers. Enjoy our healing ambiance, heavenly music, a cup of tea & community spirit. Classes 7 days/week. Private classes; Yogic Numerology; Nutrition consultations; Reiki treatments & training; Yogic workshops; Annual Women’s Yoga Retreat; Concerts; Monthly Gong Relaxation Evenings; Sunrise Kundalini Yoga Sadhana; Bilingual teachers; Boutique. We are the Yogic lighthouse of Ottawa East - Come Feel Great... One Breath at a Time! 1445-A Youville Drive, 2nd Fl., Orléans. www. AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com. Call 613 824-9189. SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome.
Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor WISHINGTREE YOGA CENTRE -- Yoga for Selfrealization. For all ages, beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. www.wishingtreeyoga.ca NUDE YOGA (Private and Semi-Private) For women who are comfortable in their bodies and who want to explore a deeper feeling of freedom while performing Hatha Yoga with certified and experienced yoga instructor, Teresa Splinter. Starting at $20.00. www. feelamazingyoga.com
BEYOND YOGA STUDIO & WELLNESS CENTRE offers over 7,000 sq. ft. of spacious studios, wellness facilities, change rooms, retail space and a lounge where you can relax, rejuvenate and enjoy our yoga community. Beyond is a sanctuary that will enable you to “reach beyond” to rediscover yourself in your search for your true purpose and passion. Please join us for classes, workshops, special events and wellness services. Conveniently located at 66 Hearst Way in Kanata beside the Eagleson Road Park & Ride. www.beyondyogaottawa.com (613) 591-9642 (YOGA)
LA TROPIQUA CAFÉ-Lounge, Yoga Studio and Spa, a new and innovative gem at 1292 Wellington St. West. An oasis for relaxation and healthy living. Contact: 613-695-CALM (2256) YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
CLASSIFIEDS • For Sale V-SHAPED MEDITATION CUSHION for sale in excellent shape, cost $55.00. Send e-mail to email@example.com FAR INFRARED SAUNA. In pristine condition. Made in Ontario by SaunaRay - www. saunaray.com. Model SR-1 Compact. Fits one person. $2,000. Text: 613-298-1999. Phone: 819-682-0434 MASSAGE TABLE. Professional, heavy duty, custom designed with hole for face, shelving for towels, quality wood/vinyl top, easily disassembled. $1200 negotiable. Phone 613-829-2002 or 613-820-3743. INDOBASKET.CA Need a special Mother’s Day present? 100% biodegradable hanging baskets complete with ready-to-use organic herbs! Order online or come pick one up in person at the Ottawa Farmers Market on Sundays on Bronson starting May 4th @ $15 or 2/$25 (del’y available) www.indobasket.ca (613) 304-1767
• For Rent
ROOM FOR RENT - Woodroffe/ Meadowlands. $495/mth. 40’s female seeks roommate to share tastefully decorated bsmt. apt. Two cats, so no other pets please. More info contact roomie@gmail. com or text 613-600-4136.
• Looking for... WANTED: RMT, At an established (1998) Natural Health Centre. Very reasonable rates and great co-workers Please call Denise: 613-913-2803
Our core sexual energy must integrate with our authentic spiritual power to fully address our daily issues. As an integrative consciousness teacher, relationship coach and counsellor, I have 20 years of training and life experience supporting this emerging paradigm. Access the root of your sexual pleasure and spiritual power through Divine Tantric Touch, Meditation and Ecstatic Embodiment Sessions. I cater to individuals and couples of all ages and backgrounds. Devi Bliss, Certified Tantric Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org ~ www.divinetantrictouch.com
Stephanie Brossard Stephanie Brossard
Rolfing® Structural Rolfing® StructuralIntegration Integration Your local, Beechwood/Rockcliffe Rolfer
Your local Beechwood/Rockliffe Rolfer Are you all tied up in Knots? Here is your chance to experience and benefit from a form of soft tissue manipulation that will help release those knots and improve your posture! And what is this amazing therapy? Rolfing® Structural Integration! Rolfing works on the fascia (connective tissue) in the body to release and realign the entire system: bringing the body towards vertical alignment and greater ease in gravity. Rolfing can create some dramatic results, including: - Improved posture - Increased energy - Greater flexibility and range of motion - Improved balance and stability - Alleviation of pain - Greater body awareness - Injury recovery (including repetitive motion, sports injuries, surgeries, etc.) - Enhanced athletic performance Rolfing is an excellent compliment to yoga, pilates and other personal wellness and fitness practices.
Introductory Special: First session is 50% off!
Sacred Circle Dance Experience joy in movement, well-being, and harmony with others. No dance experience required for this fun, accessible exploration and practice of unity and alignment. Ottawa Circle contact: Anne, email@example.com. Aylmer Circle contact: Jen, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, or to book a session, go to www.sbrolfing.com or contact me directly at email@example.com or 613-240-5285 Find me on Facebook: Stephanie Brossard Structural Integration and on Twitter: @SBrolfingSI
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: How can a person conquer the habit of negative thinking?
SRI CHINMOY: Sometimes people cherish negative thoughts. They get a kind of pleasure from them. They feel that fear, doubt, jealousy, etc. are necessary. But you must be careful with what you do with your thoughts, for each thought has and is an atomic power. An undivine or negative thought is your worst enemy. One bad thought is enough to destroy a whole day. One divine or good thought is enough to keep the whole day cheerful. We have to develop thoughtcontrol. See if a thought brings you forward spiritually; if so then think it. If it brings you backward, do not think it. See if the thought makes you strong, stronger, strongest after a few minutes, or if it makes you weak, weaker, weakest. Each good thought is a forward march and each bad thought brings you backward. We can get rid of negative thoughts with our soul’s will power. By praying and meditating regularly, we will slowly and steadily develop the will power that comes from our soul—our Source, which is God. We have to feel that God is all Light and all Love, and that we are God’s chosen children. In Love there is no negative thought;
3 s y a D ly On
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
it is all positive. So if we want to get rid of negative thoughts, then we should invoke God the Love. Always try to have good thoughts. Try to see the good qualities. If we have good thoughts it creates a beautiful atmosphere in a room or place. Forget the misdeeds of yesterday. Only think of today’s good things. Always start again, every morning, every hour. Children see beauty in everything because of their inner purity. So always try to feel that you are God’s child and you will get abundant inner strength and will power to conquer negative thoughts. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
Holiday Inn / Chimo Hotel 119 Joseph Cyr, 417 & St. Laurent
January 22, 23 & 24, 2016
Friday: 2pm-10pm Saturday: 11am-10pm Sunday: 11am-6pm
TO P P RO F E S S I O NA L P S YC H I C R E A D E R S
Palmistry Mediums Tea cups Astrology Numerology Tarot Cards Aura Camera Lectures
David, a member of the Sinclair Family from (DaVinci Code & Oak Island). He will speak to you on your psychic abilities along with spiritual & healing hands. David has a new book, You Got The Whole In Your Hands Fri. & Sat. 3 PM & 7 PM • Sun. 3 PM. BE PREPARED FOR WHAT’S COMING UP!
Free gemstone with admission $8.00; $5.00 with this ad 40
Qi-Gong Healing Using Energy Frequencies
i-Gong master James Foo teaches “QiMatic” energy healing techniques that I consider to be faster, more targeted and more powerful than Reiki and Integrated Energy Therapy. (I am a Master in both modalities.) Sifu (Teacher) James Foo can see and manipulate energy. Based in Toronto, Canada, he has lived in the U.K. and Hong Kong. He gives workshops in Ottawa on a regular basis. Learn more about him and the Qi-Matic Research Center at www.JamesFoo.ca What is Unique About Qi-Matic Qi-Gong Of the many advances that Sifu James has made in the field of energy healing, he has studied and adapted the work of David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D., author of Power vs Force. In that ground-breaking book, Dr. Hawkins describes energy frequencies. Everything in the world — plants, minerals, animals, humans — is comprised of energy that vibrates at a specific frequency. The higher the frequency, the more spiritual the energy. Sifu James has determined that Earth (the planet) currently vibrates at a frequency of 207. That is also the frequency of a healthy human being. When a person is ill, his frequency may decrease, and this inhibits healing. Sifu James teaches his students how to raise their personal frequencies temporarily and over longer periods using his downloadable energy paper. According to Sifu James, love energy vibrates at a frequency of 528. At that level, you may command energy
for healing yourself or others. You do not need to be an energy worker. Anyone can do it! So, how do you temporarily raise your energy frequency to 528? The procedure Sifu James teaches in his free introductory course is so simple, yet so effective. When you are at the 528 frequency, you can direct universal energy to heal emotional and physical issues in yourself or others, in accordance with the Qi-Gong “no me” principle. That is, for self-healing, do not use the words “me” or “my”. Examples of healing statements are: 1. Fill body with healing energy (intending that it be your own body). 2. Fill ___________’s body with healing energy. 3. Clear anger in body related to ____________ (issue). 4. Clear sorrow in heart related to ____________ (issue). 4. Heal source of pain in ____________ (part of body). 5. Send love energy to ____________ (name). You may of course modify these suggestions to suit. If there is a loving, healing intent, 528 will work. In his Level 1 to Level 5 courses, Sifu James teaches advanced techniques to balance energy, repair specific organs (Transpose Technique), remove blockages and much more. He helps students adapt to the new energies that are shifting the Earth’s energy. His research is ongoing, and in every workshop he provides new information. Registrants are also able to make appointments for personal healing sessions for $50.
QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTER PRESENTS Qi-Gong workshops given by Sifu James January 16, 2016, 9:30am - noon. FREE SEMINAR What is Qi. How to feel and activate it for healing. At Kitchissippi United Church at 630 Island Park Drive
January 16 • 1 - 4pm and January 17 • 9:30am - 3:30pm How Emotion and Structure affect health and ways to return to wellness March 5-6 , Level 1 of Qi-Matic Qigong: How to sense Qi (energy) and harness Universal energy for healing oneself and others. At the International Academy of Health Education 380 Forest St. Information & Registration: Angela Fung firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 762 8893
The next FREE Introduction to Qi-Gong workshop will be held January 16, 2016 at Kitchissippi United Church 630 Island Park Dr. Topics include: 1. What is Qi/Universal Energy 2. Activate the Qi 3. Energy Paper and its use To register and book an app’t (optional), contact Ottawa coordinator Angela Fung at email@example.com or 613.762.8893. Madeline McBride, M.A.Sc., retired from an engineering career and is now a certified Bowen Therapy practitioner and Qi-Matic Qi-Gong healer. She specializes in concussions and brain injuries. Contact her at madelinem@ rogers.com For more about Bowen Therapy, visit www.Facebook.com/ BowenTherapyOttawaRegion
Action vs. Immobility
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC
Usui Reiki, Integrative Energy Therapy, Chakra Balancing, Beginner Meditation & more. Call 613-204-9092 or visit our website at: www.healingottawareiki.com
Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
HEALING OTTAWA REIKI
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
love the quote from Lao Tzu which says “A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step”. Many times in my life I have found myself in a position of immobility that is, not being able to move forward to get something done. I was frozen not necessarily in fear but in this unwillingness to “take the first step” to accomplish whatever I needed to do. You can certainly relate to this. Is it because of laziness? Is it because of a lack of information or technical skill to get the job done? Is it the fear of the unknown that is keeping you from moving forward? There are a million reasons that you can come up with for not taking action. I would suggest that you take the time and identify what is holding you back from accomplishing your goals. Results will only show up in your life when you take action. There is nothing magical about this. The magic happens because you decided to move forward and go after your goals as complex or simple as they might be. When you live an intentional life and take action, you feel empowered and all the resources that you need show up in your life to help you get there. I dare you to take the first step! Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Financial Planner as well as a Certified Retirement Coach and public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of wealth management as well as designing meaningful and rewarding retirements.
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
reikispiritualawakening.com 819-665-3187 (Ottawa-based)
Reiki is a spiritual therapy that provides healing energy to recharge and rebalance the human energy field, working with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing. Reiki works well with stress, chronic pain and much more. I am a certified Reiki master practitioner (energy healer), please contact Diane for discount packages. I also do reiki on animals and send long distance healing.
Workshops for 2016
Qi-Matic Research Centre: Workshop by Sifu James January 16, 9:30 - noon Free Seminar January 16-17 Qi and Structure March 5-6 Basic April 2 Open Mind May 13-15 Retreat June 4-5 Transposing and Mapping July 9, 9:30 -noon Free Seminar July 9-10 Information Healing
Info & Registration: Angela Fung email@example.com ~ 613-762-8893
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic
Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness.
Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops.
Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.TCMP Registered Acupuncturist and Herbalist. She studied in the mountains of North Carolina in the art of classical Chinese medicine under the guidance of 88th generation daoist priest, Jeffery Yuen. Inspired by not only the physical aspects of this rich medicine she is passionate about the spiritual and emotional aspects of our health and healing process. Please visit www. tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more information!
Shanna Lynn R.H.N, Registered holistic nutritionist I provide a holistic approach to proper nutrition Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and encourages education on basic nutrition to develop a groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the holistic diet that incorporates natural and organic foods, paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, natural supplements to support most health conditions. I offer care and support building skills, and WWW.PLANETBOTA NIX.C A (613)567 -4444 in a non-judgement healing. Helene environment and work specializes in Come meet the practitioners at Planet Botanix and experience a 20 minute to bring you back to mini-session for $20. Book early to reserve your spot. Astrology, Tarot, Runes health. and other methods SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5 of Divination, and Christina Hearns she offers coaching FROM 10AM-6PM Christine is the owner and workshops in the of Namaste My Friends occult sciences and and is a yoga instructor, mystical arts. Please reiki practitioner, visit witchhollow.ca 301 Bank St (at Somerset) chakra reader, crystal for more details. healer and channeller. 3 sessions available between 6 and Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. 9 pm Thursday evenings at Planet Botanix. nmfyoga@ gmail.com (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate card reader on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on The holidays are coming J it’s a season of joy and being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual sadness. Unfortunately this means stress and it is not Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my easy for everyone. Please feel free to contact me, I hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional can assist with Reiki and bring peace to your overall wellbeing. Gift certificates are also available as gift wounds. www.ottawacounselling.com ideals. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planet Bot anix Open House
Dr Paul Greenacre
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613 234-5758
www.medicaldentistry.ca Downtown and Alta Vista locations
Patty Chevalier Samm Patty is a medical intuitive, ThetaHealing Instructor and Reiki Master. While looking at physical issues, limiting beliefs and thoughts, and blocks in the flow of life-force energy, Patty works intuitively with you to create change for the body, mind and spirit. Individual sessions and workshops are available. Visit www. keyahealth.com Avi Davies Thai Yoga massage is an ancient form of body work that combines rhythmic motion, energy line balancing, and gentle stretching into a comprehensive healing modality.Thai massage is excellent for postural issues, improving circulation, and for feeling at ease in your body. Avi has been practicing Thai massage since 2006. email@example.com
120 Positive Acts of Energy
any people have told us they already benefit from angel, tarot and oracle cards. They use them personally for their daily inspirations and reflections or as part of an energy practice with clients. They’ve asked us what is so unique about The Joy of Energy cards. It’s a great question! Instead of us telling you what they are all about, we thought we would share the inputs of people just like you who are using them right now. “…opened my heart and mind all at the same time” “…uplift and inspire me every morning” “…pack a huge amount of information into one small package” “…finally found a resource I fully resonate with” “…gave me the boost I needed to begin living who I truly am” “…confirms my need to listen to my intuition” “...I now see the world through the eyes of energy. How refreshing!” “…simple and elegant” All of these contributions have deeply touched our hearts. One of our favourites comes from a young adult who said “Wow! The cards speak my language and let me be ME”. As sisters who got caught up in corporate and societal expectations, we found tremendous comfort in energy over the years. Energy helped us to reduce stress, heal and transform. It’s become our way of living. As a dear friend recently told us, “You’re just like me and have made energy accessible through these cards. Thanks for making it simple for the rest of us”.
Sponsoring Deepak Chopra’s visit to Ottawa last month and hearing about the need for simple, informative awareness tools for well-being has inspired us even more to share our message with the world. We encourage everyone to pay the 120 Positive Acts of Energy forward to help find meaning and make sense in a modern life. The Joy of Energy cards make the perfect gift for the holidays.
Dee and Shar are Energy Lifestylists with The Joy of Energy – Be Your Self Project, a global movement to raise the energy vibration of the universe, one person at a time. www.thejoyofenergy.ca
What are you waiting for?
o you feel as though your mind and spirit are not synchronized, yet are guiding your body in an aimless direction on a daily basis? As though your energy is drained or flat or simply unable to support your overall health? Do you experience regular mental or physical symptoms, such as anxiety, depression, digestive disorders, headaches, backaches, endocrine, immune or menstrual disorders, ongoing tension or other challenging health patterns that stop you from living the life you want? If so, you are not alone! Our bodies perfectly reflect the alignment of our spirits, minds, thoughts and perspectives and as a result, many of us beings walking on the planet experience the various symptoms of misalignment. By attuning our minds and spirits and emitting the related frequency that we would like to carry, we can all change our health drastically on all levels. When ill-adapted mental/emotional patterns and belief systems become so entrenched that we have difficulty seeing them and our spirit is consequently so out of alignment with how we would like to show up in the world, our physical bodies inevitably suffer. Coming back into alignment can be facilitated by BodyTalk energy therapy, which helps to bring these health patterns into awareness, and unlock them by liberating the energic and neural patterns that hold them in place. As we become aware of these patterns and begin to elevate the frequency that we would like to hold, we notice that the majority of our illnesses and imbalances can fall away as they no longer need to show us that we are misaligned.
We can all choose to heighten this awareness and embody THAT aligned vibration, reflected back in our health, and the overall health of the planet at this time. Because if we don’t care about how we feel and what we emit, who will? Do your body, mind and spirit a favor and let them speak to you of the untapped possibilities that are available, awaiting recognition and the able to become active in your life now. What are you waiting for? Come in for a BodyTalk therapy session today! For more information and/or to book a BodyTalk session, please visit Lori Hollohan’s website at: www.energythrive.com and/or www.bodytalksystem.com, or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Lori Hollohan MA is a Certified Advanced Parama BodyTalk Practitioner, Cranial Sacral, Lymphatic Drainage, Mindfulness and Conscious Awakening Coach, Reiki II Practitioner, a Hatha Yoga Teacher and integrates trauma work into her practice. She is Author of the book: “Who We Are When We Thrive: Remembering Happiness and Rediscovering Health”, as well as other conscious media available for purchase on her website. Lori is able to provide insurance receipts for her clients accepted by most insurance companies.
RUNE READINGS 1 full hour intuitive readings
Also available as gift certificates for Christmas giving. Why not create a spiritual tradition of your own? Learn how to write for sacred circles, celebrations and ceremonies. Classes start January 2016 For more information e-mail: email@example.com or visit: http://willowmariewrites.com
Kirtan at Wishingtree by Stewart McIsaac
o begin, I am eternally grateful to be part of the teacher training at Wishingtree Yoga under the guidance of Rupa Manjari Devi Das. I have discovered so much about the Self and the soul. Kirtan is a natural progression/ evolution of my music, and I delight in the Love expressed through sacred Sanskrit healing mantras. Kirtan is a type of yoga singing or chanting that expresses pure Love to and from the heart. We are in special place, a secret place, a sacred place when we experience the Love. Kirtan guides us to this place in our hearts, together as we chant, make music, make vibration, make resonance, make Love. Love Mysticism! Kirtan is an important part of the Yoga of Sound. Sound Yoga is Sonic Mysticism. Through Sound one cultivates the experience of sacred sound vibration and resonance. Yoga or Mysticism cultivates a direct experience of Divine Presence. Sound Yoga is a path to cultivate, through sacred sound vibration and resonance and Love, a direct experience of Divine Presence. Yoga is Love Mysticism as it combines Tantra and Bhakti in order to embrace the Divine, the Love of the Divine. The Breath of Joy activates healing energy. Hatha Yoga activates healing energy. Kirtan activates healing energy. The Yoga of Sound activates
healing energy. These paths are one in the same in the presence of the Divine, in the presence of Love. I invite everyone to experience Love through the chanting of Kirtana, the asanas of Hatha, the energy of Tantra, and ultimately the devotion of Bhakti. “If you want to awaken all of humanity then awake all of yourself. If you want to eliminate suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self transformation.” (Lao Tze) “Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving – it doesn’t matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vow a hundred times, Come, come again, come.” (Rumi) Welcome to all, to experience Kirtan at Wishingtree. Located in Kanata, Wishingtree Yoga Centre simplifies Yoga to make it accessible to new students and provide depth to experienced Yogis. For more information, visit www. wishingtreeyoga.ca
W ELCOME Channeled by Lisa Virtue
n the light of the coming new year, as you prepare yourselves for the festivities and interactions with family and friends, for a season of celebration, we remind you to come into your heart-centre more frequently. In your stresses and worries about getting things right and all coming together well, your work and your home life activities; bringing yourself back to a moment of time of calm, centred, loving, peaceful feeling will assist you in choosing a new perspective on each of your activities. When you bring your thoughts into alignment this way before you prepare, before you interact. When you choose to look at all of it from a place of appreciation for what is and what can be, of love for all those in your life, all that everyone brings to you - the opportunities or the joys. There is so much to be treasured. As you choose to adopt perspective on all of it that is lighter and appreciative, you automatically bring the forces of the Universe to play in such a way as to more readily align with your perspective. As you choose worry and stress and focusing on the negative points of those youâ€™re going to be interacting with or the challenges that face you, you are inviting that perspective to prevail. You are choosing to open your eyes to that regard, to seeing those things more. To aligning your vibration to that lower state, and inviting, effectively, more of that into your experience. Those around you need not change for you to have a different experience. You are in control of your perspective, which brings you into control of how you feel. If you find yourself in a state less than appealing, in a reactive manner or a judging space, when you catch that you may, in that moment, or in moments that follow, decide to choose differently. What is important is that when you notice you make that decision for yourself to adjust for your own happiness. Whether others choose to come along with you is not important. While it is not as much fun to be the only happy soul in a sea of miserable people, you must agree that it is better than joining the
Energy Healer & Divine Channel Live your authentic life. 613.296.4271
LISA VIRTUE www.LisaVirtue.com
rest of them in their misery. It is you who provide the lifeline to the rest to be able to choose happiness for themselves as well. Be the example you wish to see. So enjoy Dear Ones, all that comes for you in this season of special times. Make the best of what you have. Choose to see the joy, choose to see the abundance, choose the perspective of true appreciation and then you will find, as you validly hold this, that your energy pattern shifts. Then the world around you begins to adapt to reflect that higher positive vibratory state, and reflect it to you. Do not hold yourselves in disregard. Choose to give yourself great appreciation and love first, and then you will find it easier to overflow that to others. You must value yourself to see the shifts youâ€™re looking for, and this is a beautiful time to accomplish more of that. Great blessings are with you always. With so much love for each and every being, The True Spirit That Is You.
Open House Celebration and One-Night-Only Sale December 4th Lisa Virtue is holding a (free) celebration on Dec. 4th from 5:30-9:30pm. She will be hosting many festivities over the course of the evening including channeling angels, connecting to your guides, and grounding. There will be readings available, a session on working with crystals to aid yourself and others, and much more fun and games to be had. For details visit www.LisaVirtue.com There are only a few appointments available before the new year, so be sure to book now, or reserve in advance for 2016. Blessings to you all, and much joy, Lisa 613-296-4271 ~ www.Facebook.com/LisaVirtue01
C A N A D I A N H O M E O PAT H I C I N S T I T U T E firstname.lastname@example.org 613-241-0005 Considering a career in Health Care? Become a Registered Homeopath!
3 Year Course starting in January 2016 (flexible weekend or evening hours)
Homeopathic professional training offered in Ottawa 12 years of experience in training homeopaths Dr Shahram Ayoubzadeh, with 23 years of Homeopathic experience, is now offering professional training courses in classical Homeopathy through in-class studies and supervised clinical training. Special courses designed for anyone with a passion to learn and practice homeopathic medicine. Are you a Psychologist, physiotherapist, Social Worker, Massage therapist, Naturopath, Nutritionist, Acupuncturist or a foreign trained Medical Doctor and would like to add Homeopathy to your practice? This is a unique opportunity to gain professional Homeopathic expertise in Ottawa
NEW COURSES STARTING IN JANUARY 2016
Monday to Friday One day pass: $20.00 Half Day: 10.00$ Overnight stay: $45.00 By appointment only
Meditation garden Holistic ceremonies
OASIS Healing & intuitive sessions
Healing workshops & spiritual retreat
All Seasons wedding
Feeling under the weather or in pain? Searching for answers, closure or peace? Come try our holistic services. Looking forward to your visit! 48
Come visit our store where you will ďŹ nd great holistic products! Monday to Saturday 928 Laporte St. Rockland, Ontario K4K-1M7
Tone mailing address: 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The December 2015 issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa