December 2012 a Volume 28, Number 4 a Priceless
Magazine A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec
2013 Calendar to support MS Find it in your local Yoga Studio Birth 2012 Planetary Celebration
New and Improved!
May 11 and 12, 2013 Whole Earth Expo Carleton University Fieldhouse SAVE THE DATE!!!
Ultra Immune Booster One-of-a-kind technology Available only in Ottawa See page 2
Saturday, December 22, 2012 Museum of Civilization
It’s back and better than ever!
THE ULTRA IMMUNE BOOSTER Guaranteed to get you back to good health or your money back The Ultra Immune System Booster technology has the ability to re-invogorate the sparks of life in your organs and your digestive system like nothing ever seen before. • give your body the energy and strength it needs • your liver will work much fast and stronger • the Booster has the ability to fight most diseases • your body will heal much faster than before • no more stomach and irritable bowel discomfort • your digestive system will improve quickly • prolong your life • new bio-electronic technology designed to save even critically ill people.
The Ultra Immune Booster will not affect your current treatments that you are using. This technology is not available anywhere else but in the Ottawa Area.
613-884-8920 It’s time to revitalize your body!
Psychic Doctor Stone & Crystal reading Aura reading Medium & Channelling expert
• Organic Bodycare • Fairtrade Handcrafted Products • Japanese, Indian & Tibetan Incenses • Chakra Oils & Incense • Sage & Smudges • Local Beeswax Candles and much more...
Wholesale & Retail 42 Mill Street • Almonte, ON • K0A 1A0 T: 1-866-347-0651 E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.soulscents.ca
YOGA BOUTIQUE • WORKSHOPS • YOGA TEACHER TRAINING • OVER 100 DROP-IN CLASSES PER WEEK • STUDENT RATES
342 Gladstone Ave. between Bank & O’Connor • 613.234.7974 • www.ottawayoga.com
Happy Holidays! May you soar into the new year filled with health, happiness and prosperity. Visit www.ottawayoga.com to view our Holiday schedule.
Annual Winter Solstice
Celebration of Light Friday, December 21st, 7 pm
Celebrate the longest night of the year as we each light our own lantern. Devinder Kaur, and crystal bowl expert, Jay Schwed will guide you into the evening with soft candlelight, a visual array of celestial images, divine mantra and the healing vibration of crystal singing bowls and Symphonic Gong sounds. Fee includes warming refreshments & everyone receives a lantern to bring home the light. $20 per person, $10 per child. Proceeds donated to the Food Bank.
Upcoming Events: DE C 1-2 DE C 9 DE C 12 DE C 22 DE C 27
Hand Analysis & Ayurvedic Massage with Peter Keogh and Francis Desjardins A Gift for You! with Jo-ann D’alfonso 12-12-12 Gateway Meditation with Devinder Kaur The Amazing Song of the Crystal Singing Bowls with Jay Schwed Full Moon Gong Meditation with Devinder Kaur
Over 80 Drop In Yoga Classes & Workshops per week Master Classes & Teacher Trainings 52 Armstrong St. near the Parkdale Market
613-761-9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com
Humility and Authenticity
playing field with others. Humbleness often involves putting oneself down. Humility is the complete opposite wo years ago, I visited many of of arrogance. Arrogance is a way of the outports on the peninsulas and putting others down. Arrogance is one islands just off northeastern and eastern of the most repugnant of human traits. Newfoundland. Humility is the anti-dote to arrogance. One of my endearing memories is that It takes great emotional courage to face of the very friendly, “down-to-earth” arrogance with humility. To be authentic folk in this part of Canada. There was all the time also takes immense no “second shoe to drop” when courage and fortitude. meeting these hardy people. The s s s e I am honored to work with many n ll “hype” of large cities and suburban we couples at the depths of human dwellers was almost totally absent. smokin emotional connection, including frui After being with them for only a “disconnection”, when they are few minutes it felt as though I had parting. Staying truly honest with x known them for years. There was an iety oneself and with one’s mate is a very self almost immediate feeling of honesty -esteem challenging task. In truly authentic and trust between us. There was t relationships mutual respect, a powerful feeling of community. weigh integrity, honesty and humility are In one small village on one of the COUNSELLING, COACHING essential ingredients. It is very islands I was invited to a “jigs dinner” together with all the local & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE important to “lovingly address” conflict issues with one’s mate rather Richard M. Haney citizens. Within minutes I felt as Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist than being confrontational with though I had lived there all my life. them. When just loving each other What I was experiencing in (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 doesn’t work, the four ways that Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. Newfoundland was the wonderfully couples deal with their very deeprefreshing characteristic called www.ottawahypnosis.com seated conflicts are: facing, denying, www.ottawacounselling.com authenticity. It is a characteristic that hiding and running. Facing is by far is in short supply in our modern, the most successful road to a better fast-moving urban cultures. Computers and so-called relationship. Facing, with humility and authenticity, “social networks” de-humanize interactions and turn seems to be THE KEY! people into objects. Many young people actually believe Jalaluddin Rumi, the 13th Century Sufi Mystic, that emotions can be expressed through e-mail and text messaging. Instant gratification supplants patience recommended staying focused on the Beloved as the and sensitive relationship-building. Marketing hype road to humility and authenticity in relationships. and unleashed pretension swamp the media. The According to Rumi, “If the Beloved is everywhere, the lover is a veil, But focus changes from what a person ACTUALLY wants when living itself becomes the friend, lovers disappear.” to what they think or believe they want.
Humility seems to be the first cousin of authenticity. It creates a space in which a person can identify with others and relate with them in a meaningful way. Humility is not the same as humbleness. Humility is “straight out”, and maintains an individual on a level
Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation). Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Bringing Grief out of the Shadows…
Grief and Managing the Holidays By Vonne Solís, Angel Therapy Practitioner®
ost grievers will attest to the difficulty that many, if not all holidays and major milestones present after the loss of a dear one. With Christmas fast approaching and for many, the awareness that the new year presents yet another roster of occasions to get through without their spirit loved one, the holiday season can be challenging at best. If you are feeling anxious, depressed, sad and lonely, or any other host of emotions that cannot be readily explained, even if it’s been years since a loved one’s passing, you may be subconsciously connecting repressed memories and painful feelings to approaching dates and seasons; sometimes long before they get here. This goes not only for the bigger holidays we celebrate, but the less significant ones too that can feel just as painful years after loss. If you are consciously associating intense feelings with an approaching date or holiday, it may be comforting to know that it’s impossible to predict how you will react with each passing year as certain seasons and days draw near. As a griever, you can never fully prepare for events and celebrations steeped in tradition from another time and place, no matter how much you try. This is especially true for those holidays and occasions you once held close to your heart. The first Christmas without my daughter our family attended a beautiful Christmas candle lighting ceremony with other bereaved parents to honour our children who had died; a moving event to say the least. While I fully intended to make this an annual tradition, I discovered it was simply too painful for me to participate, so we never went again. That first Christmas I felt terribly lost and alone and had no idea how I was going to get through every other holiday that would last throughout my life. I struggled for a week trying to decorate the tree and only reluctantly agreed to turn on the outdoor Christmas lights when I thought of them as a beacon to guide my daughter’s spirit home. I was anxious, angry (sometimes fueled with rage); frightened and overwhelmingly saddened by the stark realization my daughter would never be coming home for Christmas again. Ever!
Emotions in the household were feverish. For all families in grief, emotions will run high for everyone over the holidays. Feel and express what you need to without any pressure to behave in a way that feels unnatural (get mad if you have to but know when to walk away). Treat your loved ones with extra care. Give each other the space you all need to cope with the more difficult moments that are bound to arise. If you want to maintain certain traditions but can’t, start new ones that will help you honour your spirit loved one in a different way. If you don’t know what to do, do nothing. Wait until the time feels right to initiate new ideas. Trust that your ideas will change, so will your ability to celebrate. Your spirit loved one knows how much you care despite what you do in the physical to demonstrate your love. Over time you may place less emphasis on dates and more importance on the daily relationship you can enjoy with your departed loved one as you allow them to remain a significant part of your life today. For more information on this and related topics check out Divine Healing available at Chapters stores and online. For angel readings, workshops and speaking engagements visit www.vonnesolis.com.
You can also find Tone here... www.facebook.com/tonemagazine 5
Choosing Specific Probiotics Reduces Gout, Arthritis and Prevents Kidney Disease Judy Spence, ND(QC), RN
sizable portion of the population suffers from pain resulting from high oxalic acid levels. Remember the old cartoon of someone’s uncle with foot raised on a stool and a big bandage wrapped around a swollen and very painful big toe from GOUT? Gout affects joints. Pseudo-Gout affects many organs and tissues, from bones, to women’s vulva or the vestibules of their vagina, to bladders (I.C.), etc. The body tries to neutralize the acid using calcium which combines with the acid and makes salts. That is one reason that some people get soft bumps under their skin. If the body cannot detox the acids safely, it will deposit them in tissue. If there is too much oxalic acid or too little calcium the acid crystals may deposit in the layers of the skin, in organs such as the kidneys and in joints. Assuring that your body maintains a normal pH, slightly alkaline, will help prevent acids being stored in the body’s tissues. Pascoe Canada makes pH Balance which contains alkalizing salts of Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Sodium. CanPrev now makes a Sodium, Magnesium Potassium formula.
Various yeast strains actually produce oxalates and increased oxalic acid levels in the body leading to ‘secondary hyperoxaluria’ (non-genetic). There is a US lab test that determines which microbes are active in the body by virtue of measuring what specific metabolites (products of metabolism that are specific to a species or a strain of microorganism) that are passed out of the body in the urine. The Candida and Aspergillus strains of infection correlate with higher oxalate levels. We replenish the good flora or bacteria in our digestive tracts (they are not there automatically) when we take probiotics, kefir, buttermilk and yogurt. Only certain of these good bacteria produce an enzyme that breaks down oxalic acid assuring they do not build up in our bodies. Several strains of yeasts, moulds and candida deplete these hard working, protective probiotics. People with joint or kidney issues, or who tend to form cysts in their skin and muscles would do well to be tested for yeast metabolites in their urine and to assure an adequate intake of specific probiotics. Mainstream medicine-wise, there are prescription medications available that bring down oxalic acid levels and there is a new genetic strain of probiotic which is in clinical trial that will control fungal oxalates by producing enzymes that degrade oxaltes. Inexpensive alternatives already exist which are inexpensive, readily available in the food aisles and are non-prescription It is generally recommended that a low oxalate diet is followed.
The strains of probiotics that produce this enzyme are already on the shelves of your local health food stores, natural food section of Loblaws Super Stores, pharmacies, Walmart, etc. Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus gasseri and Bifidobacterium lactis show the highest oxalate-degrading activity. Check that your probiotics contains these strains so that these healthsustaining microbes can produce the right kinds of enzymes that help your body rid itself of oxalic acid. Where there is a familial history of kidney stones, gout, pseudo-gout, vulvademia, hyperoxaluria, your doctor may test you for a genetic defect called ‘primary (genetic) hyperoxaluria’. Any of three genes governing how the body deals with oxalates can be defective. CHEO is the regional test centre for genetic issues for Ontarians of all ages. CHEO tests for this defect. The eventual outcome for this disease if not detected and treated is kidney failure and possibly, the need for a kidney transplant. Many children with Autism have problems with high levels of oxalates, as do persons with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. Heavy metals from sources such as foods like the mercury that is found in high levels in tuna and shark, bind to oxalates and are sometimes deposited into our tissues. This a key link between autism and the high heavy metal levels found in autistic childrens’ young little bodies. Some of the population has strains of yeasts that destroy good flora in the digestive tract which would otherwise help the body get rid of oxalates. This leads to high levels of oxalic acid some of which is deposited into tissues. The overburdened, acidic body stores oxalates in different tissues that can cause severe pain and debilitation. Undetected or untreated, this can lead to serious health issues like kidney stones, kidney disease and kidney failure. Controlling gastro-intestinal health through proper management of intestinal flora and maintaining an alkaline pH are key to overall good health.
There is a Home within my Heart Pamela Holm ©2012
There is home within my heart Where all life ends From whence it starts It knows no bounds Springs forth through song At times I’m sure the angels sing along My soul’s a giant in a pea Singing a song of love to Thee It shimmers, glistening with the Son Encircling life Embracing goodness in everyone. My life’s a song A journey being sung Awakening lovers, Pilgrims to the One At rest time, I hold the perfect pause The drawing gasp of transcending awe In rays of sunlight my heart takes flight An owl’s vision in the dark of night A portion of the truest heart A reflection of the gem we are Each soul’s a jewel in the crown A precious lamp in the Oneness tree To hold a seed of hope In the dark of night The Christed presence reaches out to thee. “This song was dictated to me by the ascension guides known as the Masters of Karma or Ascended Masters. Singing it grounds Christ’s healing and brings transformation.”
Judy and Gerry Spence are Advanced NAET practitioners. They own and operate NAET Clinic Ottawa and the NAET Clinic Gatineau. For a virtual tour visit naetottawa.com or call for an appointment (613) 728-2579 or (819) 661-1061.
Pamela Holm is a Karmic Release practitioner, and Sound and accredited Music Therapist in Ottawa. She helps people to find karmic roots of illnesses, relationship issues and character traits, working through sound, music, guided visualization, and energy work to bring the needed healing. She performs regularly in Ottawa as a singer/song writer, interfaith kirtan leader, singing bowls performer & practitioner, and currently with the Cantata Singers of Ottawa. Pamela is an ascension coach and works with angels and ascended masters. For more information see her websites: www. DeepSoulEnergetics.com and www.DeepSoulSinging.com. Phone 613-829-1556. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dying to Know
by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Energy Psychotherapist, Theta/DNA Healing Facilitator, Vocal Healing Channel
e are dying a little bit each day. This is an old adage that holds some truth. It’s also true that we are reborn a little each day. Which you live by all depends on who you believe you are. If you are identified with your ego, you align with the ultimate fear – the illusion that death of your body is the end of life, and you are finite. Therefore, you are holding the view that, each day, your life force diminishes. It stands to reason then that your ego would resist aging, desperately cling to keeping things as they are, obsess with running out of time, and numb feelings. Anxiety, self-protection, competition, vampirism, and/or power over others ensue. Fear of death has driven much of humanity’s behaviours. This is the anti-life, controller agenda for this planet. However, like many, you may be realizing that you have been caught in this reversal of truth (the distortions of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies, soul fragmentations, ancestral/genetic miasmas, mind control, traumas, false timelines). You are now accepting that this dimension of reality is one of many dimensions and expansive universes, and that your consciousness is infinite in nature. You are much more than your body. This is the perspective of perpetual life. Ultimately, what we are all being given the opportunity to experience on this planet right now is that the death of the body is not necessary to know our vastness. We are coming to know who we truly are while we are in the body. Ego death is one way we are all experiencing this. When the ego no longer serves as authority over your life, you are free to remember you that are all possibilities. But the ego doesn’t often give itself up willingly; when you fear living without your ineffective patterns, painful emotions, material wealth, roles, and
Are you running away in fear or toward the depth of your heart? We can bring clarity & deep healing to the root cause of your limiting self-perceptions to help you reclaim your authentic power, freedom & sovereignty.
quick powerful releasing through all timelines and soul level stubborn patterns dis-ease fears polarities resistance
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, theta healing, vocal healing support in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
sub-personalities, and you are required to release one of these self-defining attachments, it can feel like actual death, and present with physical symptoms. Especially when an abrupt change in life catalyzes this shift, it can be very unsettling. Remember, the ego believes that your body is your totality and you will surely die without your illusions of stability. It’s possible to change these misperceptions with healing support. Our ascension and embodiment of Unity Consciousness is also a transmutation of our biology. Gratefully, the human form is being gradually returned to its original Divine blueprint and renewed. As the physics of the planet is changing, so too are our bodies. For example, a shift in the planetary brain/logos means a change in your self-perceptions. As the male and female principles re-unite in balance, any imbalanced masculine energy within you must be deconstructed. As higher frequencies take hold, lower, linear mental processing becomes more obsolete. So both are true; to be reborn, that which is not in alignment with your truth must die. However, check which paradigm is leading you: are you fearfully running away from death or toward the depth of your heart? Do you wake up each day aligning with the ‘small, limited me’ or the greater consciousness? When ego resists and insists that it is ego keeping you alive, recognize that it’s a lie and let it die. Your Higher Self has something more expansive waiting for you. Then you can come to know you are so much more – infinite and eternally sustained in the Living Light. Copyright 2012 Melinda Urban All Rights Reserved
Dr Paul Greenacre DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613 234-5758
www.medicaldentistry.ca Downtown and Alta Vista locations
For more healing tools, sign up for my FREE e-zine- Being the Peace. 613-2532888, www.MelindaUrban.com - many services, articles, case studies. Masterfully unraveling the confusion in your concerns and releasing the root cause for profound change, while teaching you to listen to your inner wisdom. Specializing in healing stubborn patterns. Appointments in person or by phone.
Desperately Seeking Freedom
sn’t it strange that, despite knowing something is bad for us, we sometimes feel compelled to keep doing it? Most smokers, if asked, would tell you they want to quit. Drug and alcohol abusers have a similar struggle. Within our contemporary context of relative abundance, overindulgence on food can also become yet another engrained habit.
What happens in the brain as habits are formed? According to Dr. Nora Volkow, director of NIH’s National Institute on Drug Abuse, “Understanding the biology of how we develop routines that may be harmful to us, and how to break those routines and embrace new ones, could help us change our lifestyles and adopt healthier behaviors.” Habits arise through repetition. We can drive home on mental autopilot without thinking about the directions. “When behaviours become automatic, it gives us an advantage, because the brain does not have to use conscious thought to perform the activity,” Volkow says. Whether our habits are useful or not they develop in the same fundamental way, and understanding this process can help us transform bad habits into good ones. Often we’re blinded by the illusion of pleasure (or short-lived pleasure), which makes the habit much harder to break. We get hooked on the sensory experience, despite its short and transitory life, often at the cost of our health, our relationships, or the guilt and frustration that may follow. Thus we can say that our brain is working against us when we struggle to overcome bad habits. Through hypnosis we can awaken the higher mind. From its innate clarity, it becomes easy to make better choices and develop new patterns. Someone was telling me that before eating an extra treat, she thought “If I don’t eat it, I might be missing something.” Through our hypnosis sessions, she realized that what she’d be missing is the weight gain, guilt, and negative repercussions on her health! Once she made the connection, she could obliterate this thinking pattern and regained control.
The way monkeys are caught in India is comparable to how we can lose control of our rational mind. To trap and relocate the animals, Indians place a piece of fruit in a container with a neck that’s large enough for a monkey to squeeze in his empty hand. Once he’s grasped the fruit, however, he can’t pull his hand back out. The monkey will desperately try to free himself, but even at the approach of his captors, his efforts are futile. The more afraid he becomes and the harder he tries, the more powerfully he grasps the fruit that binds him to his predicament. Sometimes our human predicament is just that.
We keep looking for a solution while clinging to the problem. Accessing our deeper awareness enables us to simply drop the fruit and escape, to let go. How empowering that is! I’ve been working in the field of meditation and stress management for decades. Nothing comes close to the power of hypnosis when helping to free people from their harmful habits—and in an impressively short period of time! It simply requires being ready and wanting the change, giving ourselves the permission to be free. We have the power to expand towards abundance, success, freedom, and love, if we choose to. Hypnosis is the gentlest process I know of to awaken this energy. Lynne Cardinal is a Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy and is a Stress Management and Meditation Coach. Lynne is also certified in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). Insurance receipts are available. GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE AVAILABLE. For more information, Lynne can be reached at 613.721.7888 or by email at email@example.com; you can also visit her website: www.kaivalya.ca.
CONFLICT: JUST LET IT GO
Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Cert. Spiritual Counsellor, Teacher
ne of the things we can do to increase our level of awareness is to make a conscious effort to reduce, if not totally eliminate, conflict from our lives. This is a process that requires constant attention and becomes easier with practice. Conflict includes negative thinking, judgment, basically anything and any time you are not in peaceful acceptance of a situation, a feeling or a thought about self or others. I think you’ll find, as I did when I embraced this challenge, that the situations arose far more often than I would have expected for someone who considers herself a pretty peaceful individual. So what did I do as I noticed the angry, resentful, judgmental thoughts that were arising? First, I simply noticed them without judgment of myself for thinking them. Then I extended love to them as if they were as precious as a new born baby. As I did that I noticed that they softened and started to dissolve. Emotionally and physically, I started to feel warm, caring, and much lighter energetically. Last, I used one of my favourite phrases to restore harmony to myself and said , “ I choose peace.” And I usually follow that with “All is well.” The more I did this the more quickly I became aware of being restored to a peaceful place. In fact, it seemed as if I was heading off conflictual situations before they even arose. Within weeks of starting this very simple process, I was delighted to find I was choosing very little conflict in my life. I was also choosing not to jump on the bandwagon when a friend or client was reporting a stressful, conflictual situation. I held them in the light of being whole, complete and perfect allowing them to let go of their attachment to the situation with more ease than they were used to experiencing. I heard them and honoured what they were sharing and simply chose not to add any energy to the angry or hurtful place they were in. As I saw them shining and whole they were able to move into that place of peace and harmony and release the energy of conflict. The value of using loving self talk, “Just let it go,” goes a long way toward restoring yourself to the calm place you desire to be.. When a situation arises where you feel you have been mistreated, misunderstood, wrongly judged, say to yourself, rather than jumping in to defend yourself or be combative, “Just let it go. It really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. I am bigger than this and I choose peace.” You will be amazed at how good you’ll feel and how often each day you will have opportuties to practice this. Choosing peace in your life, rather than buying into the grumblies, the poor me’s and the they’ll be sorry attitudes, will help you grow in all levels of your being. We can not be attuning to the love we if we are holding on to old
Abundant Life Coach Spiritual Counsellor Psychotherapist firstname.lastname@example.org www. sherryharriscounselling.com 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available angers, sending hateful, negative thoughts to those we feel have abused us, or living in fear of life. When hurt, fear, anger, doubt or resent arise, acknowledge the feeling, then extend the love that you naturally are to it. The process of extending love may take some practice until it becomes second nature, but I guarantee you it will change your life. When we extend love to anything that appears to be outside of our self or to our inner thoughts we are choosing to align with our God Self within. Practice of saying to yourself, “Just let it go; I choose peace. All is well in my world.” These simple words and the energy they hold will bring you into a place of relaxed acceptance of life where you can trust what shows up because you know you can be at peace with it. Sherry Harris is a psychotherapist and a spiritual counsellor and teacher. She may be reached at 613-236-8852 to book an appointment.
Ayurveda Nutrition Sacred whole foods for health *cooking classes *consultations
“In a few short classes, my cooking has been energized with inspiration, healing and delight” R.F.
Satkiana: 613 795-8213 www.satkiana.com or email@example.com for details Next class begins Jan 11, 2013
2013 and Beyond by Kerry Palframan, RN
any people have been asking me to use my visionary skills to predict what 2013 and beyond hold for humanity. This is because I am able to see, sense and experience energy, which is in essence a code. You could call it the language of the Universe. All humans and all life – on this planet and in the unseen realms – are constantly transmitting energy and receiving energy. Think of yourself as an ectoplasmic blob that is constantly shape-shifting and you may begin to understand the infinite possibilities that are available for creating, changing and recreating your future. My ability to interpret energy allows me to see the patterns that individuals are creating in their lives and where they are headed based on those patterns. It is very similar to what a weather forecaster does when tracking the path of a storm. Similarly, I can see the patterns we as a collective human consciousness are creating on this planet and where we are likely to head. It works the same at both levels. As an individual, you send out a continuous stream of energy into the cosmos with every thought, word, emotion and action you have, and this creates your future. As a collective of humans, we also send out a group energy or vibration that shapes the path our planet is heading on. Now, the press would have you believe there is more evil than good in the world. This simply is not true: I can tell you that the forecast for 2013 and beyond is looking quite favourable at this time. Yes, we will be continuing to see more destruction of the old paradigms in the near future, but that is simply in order to make way for the new. Tearing down the old and spent is a necessary part of creating our future. Destruction is required, for the new cannot come until the old has died and the proverbial phoenix can rise from the ashes. The collective vibration emitted by our planet is in a constant state of flux based on every single person residing here. Together, we are creating a collective pattern of energy and charting our own future, consciously or not. We are all contributing to what our future holds. So what vision do YOU hold for our planet for 2013 and beyond? Be aware of what you are
projecting and vibrating into the ethers and into the cosmos at all levels of your own Being. Be mindful of your thoughts, your words and your actions, for they add to the collective vibration. Mindfulness is perhaps the most important contribution you can offer for the future of our planet. From my reading, the collective Earth cry and vibration being sent to the Universe now is a plea for peace and reconciliation. This too is part of the vision you can hold. See the good in yourself and others and send that signal out into the Universe. The next 20- to 30-year period will be our transition time and it holds many opportunities for a huge shift and awakening for each of us as individuals and for the planet as a whole. In many spiritual traditions, the next aeon has been deemed The Thousand Years of Peace. That is the vision I would encourage you to hold to and embrace. Let us together create Peace on Earth. Let us begin now, each in our own way, in our own life. Kerry Palframan is a registered nurse by profession who now follows her true calling as a gifted visionary, intuitive life guide, healer and spiritual teacher. She offers personal readings as well as teleseminars. Her book, Spirit Talk, is a “must” for understanding messages from your higher self and spirit guides. She has also produced a valuable guided meditation CD, Meeting Your Angels and Spirit Guides. Learn more at www.indigowisdom.ca or www.indigodreamer.com
Q&A Counselling: Is counselling right for you? 1-How does a person know if they need counselling? A person may need counselling due to a feeling that they are not coping well which does not seem to be lessoning. They may be experiencing unresolved issues or stressors which are interfering with their daily functioning, limiting their ability to feel joy, or to live life more fully. Common indicators include ongoing insomnia, bouts of depression, anxiety and irritability, unfocused anger, and inability to concentrate. Stress that has not been worked through only prolongs it, and can reveal itself even years later after another major change, crisis, or triggering event. So I believe that counselling is healthy preventative measure for anyone going through a stressful period.
2-What questions should a person think about when they are considering if a particular counsellor is right for them? Each individual should consider whether they feel safe sharing their experience and concerns with a particular counsellor, and feel that these are being understood by that therapist. It is perfectly reasonable for a potential client to interview many counsellors, prior to choosing one which they feel comfortable with, and is a suitable match for them. 3-What are the approaches to counselling with those who require help managing their stress Often Solution Focused Therapy, as well as CBT is employed in term of facilitating problem solving and stress management techniques. I feel that a HumanisticExperiential approach is necessary to guide clients to explore and process difficult feelings. Existential therapy encourages clients to find more meaning in their life. I am trained and experienced in all of these methods, as well as crisis intervention. For more ongoing, longer term therapy with clients, I draw on such approaches as Object Relations Therapy & Self Psychology, particularly when I feel that the clients seem to be stuck, or unable to manage their stress, due to earlier unresolved feelings and experiences, which need to be worked through. 4-What situations might a person find counselling less then helpful? Those who are not ready to explore their personal matters may find any form of counselling less than helpful. Also counsellors are less easily able to help clients who are unwilling to acknowledge that they need assistance, or accept this help. If the client is in danger of suicidal or homicidal behavior they would require immediate intervention in the community in which they reside. There are severe other situations which must be approached first and monitored on a more directive ongoing basis. Some examples of this would be severe addictions or excessive use of alcohol or drugs. Detachment from reality due to a psychotic break, or dementias such as
Intuitive Development Classes Psychic Readings Medical Readings Healing Sessions Life Coaching
Marlene Stevens www.psychicmarstevens.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Beautiful yoga calendar supports MS Society
“Yoga has so many therapeutic benefits, especially with people with mobility problems as may occur with MS, and in dealing with the anxiety and fear associated with this unpredictable disease,” she said.
When nurse Natalie Van Tassel’s 23-year-old son was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last spring and received such excellent care at TOH and the Ottawa Chapter of the MS Society of Canada, she wanted to give back.
The calendars can be purchased online at http://yoga-for-ms.myshipify.com, in local yoga studios and through Van Tassel and Sarazin.
So, she worked all summer long with photographer Denise Sarazin, owner and founder of Milagro Photography, to produce the Yoga for Multiple Sclerosis Calendar 2013, with all profits from sales going to support the MS Society. “I wanted to focus my energy on something positive, like helping others and fundraising for MS, instead of being angry at the unfairness of this diagnosis, and letting my pain and grief overwhelm me,” said Van Tassel, who is a yoga instructor as well as an RN. The $20 calendar features gorgeous photos of yoga instructors in intricate poses, shot outdoors at locations around the Ottawa region. Van Tassel’s goal is to donate $10,000 to MS while raising public awareness about this degenerative neurological disease that often hits young adults.
Nurse and yoga instructor Natalie Van Tassel worked with photographer Denise Sarazin to produce the Yoga for Multiple Sclerosis Calendar 2013.
The true Christian message
Alzheimer’s would be cause for local hospitalization.
The Law of Grace, was mostly 5-What strengths or special abilities dead and buried by the end of do I offer as a counsellor? the 6th century. Its replacement, I am a trained facilitator for the orthodox Christianity, spins a SOS (Survivors of Suicide) in the contracted, one lifetime version, community which I live, and have coof ‘the good news,’ by replacing facilitated such groups for those who personal responsibility with are grieving the loss of a loved one institutional forgiveness. through suicide. This is a particularly special grieving process which I This book traces the history of believe, requires specific training and how and why this happened and practice. what you must do to expand your As I am knowledgeable in several life view to return to the path of approaches this permits me to be grace, whence you came! creative and resourceful in tailoring my services according to each client’s Sample or purchase electroniindividual needs and personal cally at “smashwords.com” and preferences. Aside from being then search for title or author eclectic and flexible in my approach, my own very personal experience, particularly with trauma, offers me a much more sensitive perspective on which to draw from. As a private mental health worker, Barbara Freedman’s work consists of face to face, in addition to distance counseling. She presently holds one of the top ten highest ranking positions, of a worldwide e-therapist, on Live Person. You can receive a discount on on-line services by going through her website: www.barbarafreedmanwellness.com
When the opportunity came up for me to have my own shop in the beautiful village of Manotick, I leapt at the chance. I knew exactly what sort of products I would offer… anything that helps to lift the spirits of the shopper or the recipient of their gift. The atmosphere here at Green Spirit is always upbeat too, and inspirational messages abound…both on the products themselves and emblazoned across the walls… so you couldn’t miss them even if you wanted to! Many of us now are seeking to discover why we’re here, and what we came to do. When we know these answers and get ourselves on the right path for our soul development, then we are living our destiny and things fall into place seamlessly for us. We are then going with the flow of life and can feel fulfilled and contented… and this of course helps to raise our personal vibration as well. I’m still looking for some answers myself and want to help others who are looking too. At Green Spirit, we have some fabulous spiritual books, angel cards, crystal angels, meditation CDs and gorgeous healing crystals…among other things. There are so many ways out there to raise our frequency, and to help us align with our Higher Selves.
’ve always been a bit of a giggler…laughing freely, and sometimes rather loudly, much to my family’s embarrassment! I’m certainly not one to just laugh on the inside…it just has to come out! As far as I’m concerned, nothing beats having a good old hearty chuckle… laughter brings lightness to our soul and is very contagious, in the best way! In this most monumental of times, with the Ascension of the Earth into the 5th dimension, and with the need for us all to raise our personal frequency if we are to help with the Ascension…then I think any chance we have to be happy and spread a little happiness around us is a great thing! As we know, anything that makes us feel good has the effect of raising our vibration. To this end, I pretty much only watch comedies on TV, since they make me feel good, and I also almost exclusively listen to cheerful, upbeat music. This is of course just personal choice, and I’m not saying that this would be for everyone…but I do feel that it helps me to keep optimistic and positive…in a world where, sadly, negativity can run rife…most especially in the media. Helping others to lift their spirits is what I love to do. Come and feel the good vibrations here at Green Spirit! We look forward to meeting you! Whether I’m just sat having coffee and chatting with a friend, or just putting out a cheerful vibe as I do my shopping…it’s what I feel is important for me to do… Even just a smile to a passer-by in the street can be enough to raise the vibrations of both people and give Free Your Neck & Back... them a good foundation for a positive day.
...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy Michelle Vezeau
Intuitive Advisor through spiritual guidance Readings since 1985 To your life’s questions, experience: Simple insightful clarity Profound awareness Emotional breakthroughs Uplifting spiritual connectedness 819 827-2579 email@example.com
• Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
(Sessions held in central Ottawa)
Over 25 years experience
S r i C h i n m oy A n s we rs Question: What is the aim or purpose of life?
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes
SRI CHINMOY: The aim of life is to S Relaxation, concentration & meditation become conscious of the Supreme S Developing calmness, confidence & poise Reality. The aim of life is to be the S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness Sri Chinmoy conscious expression of the Eternal Being. Life is evolution unfolding Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 from within; it is existence that Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy. comes from a deeper existence. Existence cannot come from nonendeavour is impossible. No work, no progress. Welcome existence. Life comes from God. Life is God. experience, whether encouraging or discouraging, for Each life is a world in itself. Indeed, each life is a we can learn nothing without it. Experience shows us microcosm. Whatever breathes in the vast universe the true meaning of our very existence. also breathes in each individual life. There are two Let us accept the inner life. Let us all be truly spiritual. lives: the inner and the outer. The outer life endlessly Let us realise God through our constant communion speaks about its principles but it practises very little with Him. Time and place do not matter for meditation, of what it professes. It tries to fulfil itself by feeding so transcend them. When we go deep within, we feel desires and stimulating passions. The inner life does that one moment cannot be separated from another, that not speak. It acts. Its spontaneous action is the conscious one place cannot be separated from another. Let us live manifestation of God. The inner life finds fulfilment in in the eternal now of God-Realisation—of God’s Dream the control of passions and the conquest of desires. and God’s Reality. Two things we need in life: imagination and inspiration. A life with no imagination is a life of Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for imprisonment. With the wings of imagination, we must further writings by Sri Chinmoy. try to fly into the Beyond. A life with no inspiration is a life of stagnation. With the dynamism of ceaseless inspiration, we shall give new meaning to life and immortalise life. The aim of life is to realise God. For this, temples, churches and synagogues are not obligatory. Who do you know needs one of these healing machines? Neither is the tapestry of scriptures Machines for sale and free demonstrations! and sermons required. What is imperative is meditation. Meditation will enable you to realise God the Hot House Infinite within your soul, heart, Chi ERE mind and body. For God-Realisation, you also need peace. Peace is based on love: love for humanity and love for God. Peace is also based on nonThe Chi Machine The Hot House Advanced Electro Ideal for Chronic Pain, attachment. No thirst for gain, no Reflex Energizer Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Weight Reduces swelling, inflammation Is also a TENS Machine fear of loss. Lo! Peace is yours. Loss, Detoxification, Insomnia, and pain, increases blood flow, Improves nerve and blood The aim of life is to live a divine Poor Digestion, Diabetes. decreases muscle spasms and supply by releasing tension on life. We are living in this world but 15 minutes massage with the soreness, removes toxins nerve and blood supply Chi Machine is the equivalent when nerves are pressing on we do not live by bread alone. We to a 90 minute brisk walk vital organs..therefore need the soul to live in the world of Stimulates circulation, the FREE Demonstration improving the balance and God’s Reality. The soul alone has the immune + lymphatic systems Two week return policy homeostatis of the body capacity to see and feel the known and the Unknown; the existent and the non-existent; dreams of the past; Zora Jackson, Clinical Practitioner achievements of the present; and 613-422-7804 ~ 1-855-742-7358 hopes of the future. firstname.lastname@example.org ~ www.zorajackson.ca Mistakes in our journey are inevitable, but success without
H EA L ING MA C H INES
Infrared Sauna Heals Toughest Skin Troubles Leah Turner feels like she was condemned to a life of troubled skin from birth. “I was only six months old when the eczema started,” says the Ontario school teacher. Her parents took her off dairy products but that only brought partial relief.
“By the time I was ten I had lost all the skin on the back of my thighs,” she remembers. When she became pregnant with her first child in her twenties the eczema and psoriasis grew worse than ever. Ninety percent of her body was covered with red, dry, itching and burning skin. It hurt to wear clothes.
“My joints were swollen and cracked. I had to carry my daughter with my arms extended. Part of my face was literally falling off. There’s no pretty way to describe it,” she says.
It became so bad she thought her only option was to go on disability instead of returning to her classroom. But then someone finally threw her a lifeline. A friend recommended she try an infrared sauna. Naturopaths have long been recommending sauna detoxification as a natural way of managing psoriasis. Toxins we consume through our food and water are encouraged out of the body through sweat instead of building-up in the skin. Within a few sessions Leah noticed relief. “We drove right up to Collingwood and bought one directly from the manufacturer and I started using it every day. I honestly couldn’t believe it. In three weeks I was so much better that I could teach again at the beginning of school.” Recent science emerging from the University of Alberta has shown that sweat is the number one way to remove environmental toxins like heavy metals, and also phthalates from plastic and the ubiquitous Bisphenol-A, both of which are associated with cancer.
It is now a scientific fact that sweat cleans toxins out of our bodies. Perhaps that’s why such a wide range of conditions respond to sauna therapy. Often relief comes quickly once the skin is given a chance to detoxify in regular sweat sessions in an infrared sauna. “Now I have clear smooth skin on most my body. My friends don’t recognize me!” says Turner triumphantly.
For more information www.saunaray.com or call: 1-877-992-1100 16
Winter Solstice 2012: The starting point of a new Era. An invitation to join the celebration
As Bhuvaneswari commented: ‘This is the time we humans are tested to cross the individual reasons “why not” and to gather humbly with each other in prayer, gratitude and celebration.” The grand Hall of the Wakefield Community center is hosting the event. All are invited for a mindful program that highlights the reverence towards Earth, the contribution of each participant and the declaration
ec 21 is the end of the Mayan calendar. The ancient mystics elaborated the most complex records of social, political and religious events of humanity. However they have not given us information of the next millennium Winter Solstice 2012: The starting point of a new Era. to come. An invitation to join the celebration All we have in front of us is an Friday December 21st, 2012 Wakeﬁeld Community Center, Earth that shakes her surface with If you are a Meditator, Yogi, Healer, Teacher, Medium Grand Hall radical ecological changes. Humanity or someone interested in contributing to raise 38 Valley Drive, Wakeﬁeld, Quebec 3:45 pm to 7:30 pm the energy of Earth, this event is for you. is feeling the pressure and thickness Cost $12 of the political and economical Concert preformed by Bhakti Connection instability in the back of their minds. Meditation lead by We may continue our daily life as Bhuvaneswari Devi and Matthew Cosgrove though nothing is going on, yet we RSVP to email@example.com Doors close for ceremony at 4:30 pm sharp cannot deny the impact of the changes For more details please visit: and the request from life to take a http://thewintersolstice2012.blogspot.ca/ position in front of these changes. What is my impact? How I can help? What can happen? All these questions have powerful that the times to come are not written anywhere and unique answers. It all depends of your level of because the power of our destiny is in our choices. We cooperation, contribution and awareness of the gifts are writing the times to come! you have. If you are reading this article, you are ready to come Winter solstice is now the attention of many mystic to Wakefield Dec 21 at 3:45 pm. You are ready to say, I groups around the world. Vedic groups in India are am here and what I have is valuable to humanity. You embarking on 40 days of continuous fire ceremonies. are ready to meet people with the same intention and to Palenque in Mexico expects 10,000 people gathering to close your eyes in a blissful meditation. celebrate the new Era and to reflect on our ancestors’ legacies. Here in Canada there is a gathering of healers, Bhuvaneswari Devi is the founder of the Bioenergetics teacher, mediums and artist on that day. Wakefield Institute, Bhuvaneswari teachings and Club Yoga for Quebec, just ½ hour from Ottawa, will be hosting this children. She is a pioneer in bioenergetics and in the remarkable event that will unite the energy of this part arts of self-healing. Her thirty years of experience of the planet in meditation, ceremonies and devotional teaching in 3 continents has qualified her as a chanting. representative of peace and inner unity. Bhuvaneswari Devi and Matthew Cosgrove are www.bhuvaneswari.ca www.bioenergetics.ca behind this event. They are also requesting your contact: firstname.lastname@example.org presence, since it is through the energy of each individual that the energy will rise.
198 Main Street, Ottawa, ON • 613-234-9597 • www.thegreendoor.ca December 2012
Mystery of the Bosnian Pyramids
Of The Bosnian Pyramids
feature movie, 90 min, about recently discovered ancient pyramids in Bosnia. According to scientists and archeologists they are definitely the oldest (25,000 years) and greatest (220 m) pyramids in the world. To decorate even more this discovery all pyramids (5 of them) are linked with tens of miles of underground tunnel network that hides thousands of artifacts, monoliths, healing chambers and name it. The movie was just released a month ago and there is huge interest to be presented and seen all around world. Beside tremendous interest of open-minded and spiritual people for this discovery, unfortunately, there has been strong resistance to these phenomena. The most loud and against the project were Egyptologists (according to them pyramids are only in Egypt), European Academy Of Science (fear of rewriting existing history), Bosnian Government and their cultural institutions (financial dependence on Western Europe) and many other well-known individuals. But thanks to hard work of many nonconventional scientists, volunteers and other (that donâ€™t want their names to be publically known) the critical mass of deserved recognition is almost there. The snowball is rolling down with greater speed and mass than ever before, and at this time, with great push of this movie, nothing can stop it from well-deserved reputations as the oldest and greatest pyramids in the world. Movie depicts in depth all known facts, energy phenomena and spiritual meaning of these ancient structures presented by numerous scientists, archeologists, visitors, locals and many more. Last year scientific conference on this topic held in Bosnia is also elaborated in the movie. Please check out website for more additional info and as well as an extended trailer. This is an opportunity for all of you that missed the world premiere in Ottawa and some other screenings in your area to learn more about this most amazing discovery that is hardly known in North America. Your support will help me to keep working on my new movie, ARTS AND CRAFTS OR ANCIENT BOSNIANS that are already in progress and will be available perhaps within next 2 years. For some of you, DVDs of this movie, could be ideal present to some of your friends for upcoming holidays. Thanks for your support. Itâ€™s more than appreciated.
Please contact me or visit my website for more info: email@example.com 613 816 3343 www.mysteryofthebosnianpyramids.com
My name is Vinko Totic and I am an independent moviemaker in FirsTakeFilms productions. This is self-funded feature movie, entirely produced by myself and with generous help of some individuals from our area and worldwide. Thanks again to all of you that contributed with your donations and other ways to make this movie available in our community and for our humanity. Peace Vinko
Turning Pain into Progress “People don’t know that pain can lead to something great. If they did, they wouldn’t try to kill it.” Donald Epstein
he bottom line: Pain happens for a reason, just like everything else. It’s not a cruel cosmic joke. Pain (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) indicates that a living system can no longer sustain the same structures, behaviours and perceptions that it has been living. Pain and disease are there to interrupt your life as you are living it now. Pain in all its forms affords us the opportunity to observe and assess how we have been living our lives and thusly reorganize and progress. The 4 Ways of Pain Pain can be experienced as Suffering, as a Managed Experience, as a Path to Progress and as Acceptance. Pain as Suffering is like a boat that is sinking. You cannot sustain the way things are. It eliminates all uncertainty in your life and relationships. It is all about survival and is the lowest state of self-awareness. It is a state in which you cannot make a decision. It is a selfimposed coma state. Pain as a Managed Experience is more sustainable than Pain as Suffering, but you cannot add more stress otherwise you may start to sink. Your focus is on
managing, controlling, and minimizing the pain or the identified cause of the pain. It is done by our minds and the rules and habits that we create in order to manage pain (for example, you find yourself planning your day or activity in order to minimize the pain that you will feel) Pain as a Path to Progress is sustainable and adaptable and means that we are able to reorganize. We then consciously will add energy in order to step up to a new level of standards for ourselves. We will look for opportunities within the experience of pain to transform and move forward. People who use Pain as a Path to Progress recognize that pain they experience is a measure of how much progress they are or are not making. People who use Pain as Acceptance realize that pain is a part of the process of bettering themselves and others. Comfort will never lead to happiness, fulfillment and bliss. EVER. If you ask yourself “how can I be comfortable?”, it will lead to massive pain either in the short term or long term. We can either be comfortable or HAPPY. What choice will you make? Please visit www.thehappyspine.ca and register for one of our many free workshops that we offer on a monthly basis.
MS Calendar, get it at your local yoga studio
Tone Advertising Rates … Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Tone Magazine, 80 Terence Matthews, Suite 5, Kanata, ON K2M 2B4. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. December 2012 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $25 per year. To the U.S. please send $35 US (first class only). Circulation 15,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/ Delivery by M&M Diffusion
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
Submissions … • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com • (613) 435-TONE (8663) • 80 Terence Matthews, Suite #5, Kanata, ON K2M 2B4
The Deadline …
The Deadline for all submissions is up to 15th prior to the next issue.
Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca/tonemag_ads.html for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
What To Do When Trust Is Broken
3. ALLOW AND ENCOURAGE FEELINGS: Both of you need to feel your feelings and communicate what is true for you; the anger, the pain, the guilt, the hurt, the fear, the shame. Although it is normal to want to By Marlene and Bob Neufeld allocate blame, it is not useful. Typically you may feel e frequently get clients in our office who have guilty about what you have done or scared about the lost trust in their partners. Trust can be broken consequences. Ride the wave of feelings and let the in many areas, the big ones are usually around sex or concerned parties know. If possible, communicate that money. Unfortunately, people often wait too long to get simply “I feel scared and am imagining that you won’t trust me in the future”. Or if someone else has broken help when trust has been broken. your trust feel your GET HELP: feelings, which may be Find a good counselor who anger, “I feel angry that CREATE CLOSER can help with the feelings, you went outside of our LOVING RELATIONSHIPS understand the wounds that relationship.” You need may have led to the broken to speak your pain as Marlene & Bob Neufeld trust, and help you reinvent openly and simply as your relationship. Plan to A Couple helping Couples learn life-changing relationship skills possible, don’t make have a number of sessions a case that you are a (10 to 20 sessions have been Contact us NOW to find out if we can help YOU and victim. Stay focused and recommended by some qualify for a COMPLIMENTARY one-hour SESSION describe the pain, and experienced counselors). Here how if effects your safety are the steps we find necessary 613-594-9248 www.marleneandbob.com with your partner. Don’t in rebuilding a relationship try to limit the time after trust is broken. when you will be feeling feelings; emotions may come up years after the event. 1. TELL THE TRUTH:
2. Acknowledge the OBSERVABLE FACTS about what actually happened to all concerned parties. Apologies may make one or both of you feel better in the short term, BUT in the long term, they don’t actually rebuild trust. Genuine regret comes later and is felt in the heart. If you know you have broken trust, and your partner has not yet discovered it, AND you want to have a healthy relationship, it is better to DISCLOSE than to wait to be asked or to be found out. Be prepared for your partner to have big feelings, and get help to explore what can be done to rebuild your relationship. It is also better to get it all out on the table rather than to have the facts come out in bits and pieces. Answer all questions EXCEPT THE NATURE AND DETAILS OF THE SEX. Give all relevant details. Frequently, after breaking of trust, partners ask questions about what happened. They are trying to make sense of what happened and make sure that there are no further lies or withholds. However, if details about the actual acts are given, then the partner can be traumatized and experience visual flashbacks even though they didn’t actually witness the acts. The brain can’t distinguish between an actual memory and an imagined memory. Re-commit to honesty between you. Reveal any other offenses, the relationship cannot take another betrayal, another offense being discovered. This is the time to make a new start, clear up any withholds and commit to revealing.
Next month we will expand on the following steps which need to happen to restore trust in close relationships:
4. LISTEN TO THE RESPONSES AND FEELINGS FROM YOUR PARTNER 5. TAKE FULL HEALTHY RESPONSIBILITY 6. REINVENT YOUR RELATIONSHIP 7. FORGIVENESS Marlene & Bob Neufeld practice body-centered Coaching and Psychotherapy. They are a couple who help couples learn life-changing skills and create closer, more loving relationships with one another. To learn more, see www. marleneandbob.com or call 613-594-9248 to arrange a complimentary 1-hour introductory session.
Sarah Kubacki Helping Restore Natural Balance Reiki Root-cause release Thai Massage Yoga If not NOW, when? 613 722 0088 www.sarahfairy.com firstname.lastname@example.org
The Crystal Light Bed for Healing
xperience the healing power and higher frequencies from John of God’s spirit doctors through the Crystal Light Bed…right here in Ottawa.! The Crystal Light Bed is an extraordinary healing system designed by the divine beings that work through the renowned Brazilian medium healer, John of God. He is considered the World’s Most Powerful Unconscious Medium. Over 7 million people seek distance healings and over 1 million people have sought in-person spiritual healings, for over 50 years. He has been visited by many including Wayne Dyer and Oprah. The Crystal Bed Therapy process involves lying down under coloured lights, of varying frequencies, which are pulsed through (vogel type) quartz crystals into the chakra centres. This deeply cleanses, opens and balances these centres and raises the frequency of your entire system. How can this healing system help me? The Crystal Bed Therapy assists healing to take place on all levels of your being. Those experiencing physical challenges/disease often find that healing takes place on other levels (mental, emotional, or spiritual) before creating an improvement or healing in their physical condition. Some work with this healing system to improve an area of their life that is not flowing as they wish. Others find it useful to clear addictive patterns, raise frequencies during earthchanges, release deep emotional pains or bring unconscious fears or beliefs into conscious awareness. In addition to the healing power of the crystals and color therapy that the bed provides, the Healing Spirit Entities of the Casa (hospital) of John of God are able to use this device as a portal so that they may more easily make their presence felt to those who seek their help in healing. Thus, those using the bed often receive healings from the Entities, one of 6 spirit master doctors and their spiritual healing staff, or sometimes hearing inner guidance from them. John of God personally guarantees the energy of the Crystal Beds and thinks of them as his children, even though the beds are now throughout the world.
It is a special privilege to be able to have this bed and to serve you in this unique way, where you can receive the energy generated from this powerful healing tool without having to travel to Brazil. You may feel all manner of sensations during and after sessions – pressure, weight, lightness, heaviness, hot, cold, wind, all manner of body sensations, tickling, tingling, etc. The crystals can evoke feelings of peace and serenity, and typically a very deep relaxation. You may simply fall asleep and wake up feeling very refreshed and renewed. You may experience insights and release of specific personal issues and memories. You may have feelings of numbness, warmth, movement, expansion, cleansing, or a feeling of being touched. Some people feel sensations of physical healing taking place, and feel the presence of the Entities working directly on their physical bodies. Your awareness may even extend beyond yourself to higher states of consciousness. Another interesting physical transformation talked about amongst those who use the crystal light bed therapy is the ANTI AGING effect it has. The Crystal Bed Therapy is a type of spiritual energy/ vibrational medicine and is fast becoming a very popular alternative healing therapy. Call to book, or to inquire for more information or to hear about individual experiences that have occurred with the beds. Telephone 613 789-1318 or email: email@example.com
Gentle Healing & Relaxation Relaxation et guérison en douceur
By / Par Tammy
Reiki Master / Maître Reiki Gift certificates available. Certificats-cadeaux disponibles
(613) 799-1022 or/ou Tammy_reiki@hotmail.com December 2012
L’ Essence-Ciel Books
ring the Angels into your life
Music Tarot Crystals Stones Jewelry Talismans Incense
Come live the experience at L’Essence-Ciel where everything serves to restore harmony.
Always with the angels, Monique Briand transmits angelic teachings through workshops, conferences and private readings.
Connecting with your angels.Teachings on how to perceive and interact with them in a natural way to live more joy, peace and love on a daily basis.A wonderful and lasting experience.
Demystifies this esoteric medium and introduces you to its different uses and methods.Facilitates the understanding of oneself and others and brings concrete help to decision making.All you need to know to get you started with this excellent tool.
– $ 100
– $ 50
Brings awareness to the energies which surrond and affect us. Encourages the conscious choice of using Universal life force; a practice which transforms our lives in a healing way. Makes us responsable and capable of creating a better world. Initiations and teaching Level I,II and Master teacher. Information and schedule at 568-2643.
Herbs Magic Feng Shui
Information at L’Essence-Ciel:568-2643
Private Readings –
For those who are searching and ready to connect with their TrueSelf.Individualized teachings and answers to personal questions.Guidance concerning your path. By appointment at 568-2643.
Les essences vibratoires sont disponibles à L’Essence-Ciel
The Angels are present at 867, RUE JACQUES-CARTIER, GATINEAU (819) 568-ANGE (2643) OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
OWNER ANGELIC PSYCHIC • MEDIUM
Sedona Beyond Words by Jim Holland
or the last three years I have been attracted to Sedona. I did not know why but I knew that I had to visit it. I kept looking at pictures on the internet and fell in love with the scenery. This past June I retired from teaching and decided that I would visit Sedona at the end of September. I was not really sure if I was to go alone. I called my sister in Montreal and she said that she would come with me. In August, I started to plan for the trip. I reserved two different hotels for a week not knowing how long we would stay at either place. I also made reservations for a car rental from the Phoenix airport. I called a shaman that I was told about in Sedona. He was willing to spend an afternoon with us. We were open to do whatever came our way for the rest of the trip. (Sometimes it is better to just go without planning too much). We left for Sedona on Friday 21, 2012 at about 7am. It took about one hour to Toronto and then another four hours to the Phoenix airport. Once we arrived, we got our car rental. It took two hours to go from the car rental to Sedona. On entering Sedona we were struck with the amazing scenery. It just looked like a picture out of the movies. These red rock structures are “out of this world”. At times I felt that I was in biblical times. In Sedona we had a few healing sessions which were great. We also did our afternoon with the shaman. He did drumming over our body high up on a mountain. The energy was great there. He also told us many stories about the land. This was well worth it. We spent four days in Sedona. We visited various sites. There were certainly lots of crystals in the shops. They were amazing. There are so many different alternatives healing modalities there. We also spent on day at the Grand Canyon. It was about a two hour drive from Sedona. We took a helicopter ride over the canyon. Again the scenery was great. In Sedona it is like the rock structures are on top of the earth. At the Grand Canyon it is like the rock structures are inside the earth. We then decided to spend our last two days at the Mago Retreat Center. We visited it on that Sunday and then decided to return on Thursday for the last two days. This Center is well looked after. They have an amazing Healing Garden. They also have a place called the Healing Rocks. One night I decided to lay on the Healing Rocks. I looked up at the full moon and stars. I could feel the heat from the rocks penetrate through
my whole body. At that moment I felt connected to Mother Earth. The next day while I was mediating at the Healing Garden, I became aware of balls of Mother Earth around me and one between my two hands. I then said to my sister that I was holding a ball. I immediately did a healing session on her applying this energy ball. On Saturday we headed for Phoenix to return home. We certainly could have stayed longer but knew that there will be another time for Sedona. A few days after being home, I became aware of a blue flame in my root chakra. I just felt that this too had come from Mother Earth for healing. I can use this flame wherever I need to on my body and for anyone that comes to me for healing. I can also apply the energy ball to anyone. What great tools for healing. If you would like to have a healing session or simply have questions about Sedona then you can give me a call and I would be happy to answer them if I can. My phone number is 613-824-1181 In love and peace, Jim
Energy Medicine Practitioner In 2003 I had a spiritual experience at St. Anne De Beaupré Church. Since then I have been a channel for Divine energy, helping others on their journey to health and well being...Blessings... Spiritual Energy Treatment 60min. Feet Reflexology/Massage 30min. Indian Head Massage 30min. Tuning Fork Therapy 30min. Home and Personal Clearings Group Meditation/Healing Circle
$30.00 $20.00 $20.00 $20.00 $20.00 $7.00
Q uantum To u ch
ave you ever thought of what might happen if you tried something completely different to alleviate or even eliminate your stress, pain, chronic ailment or disease? Do you feel like you’ve tried everything and after months or even years of taking medication or having treatments nothing is really working? I can refer you to a web site with many stories that will knock your socks off, it’s not just fluff, these are real healing experiences… and I’ve experienced some amazing healings first hand. Since I’ve learned and become a practitioner of Quantum Touch, I have not been sick a day which is crazy! I used to get sick at the drop of a hat, if someone close to me had the flu or a cold, I would have it the next day. I had been using NLP and hypnosis for years but something was missing, it was nothing like this… I’ve witnessed sheer amazement from the recipients in my Quantum Touch sessions as well as in group workshops which I attended. For those of you who have not heard of this healing modality, Quantum Touch is life force energy, a light touch, resonating energy with someone who is in pain, who has a chronic illness or is experiencing emotional stress and anxiety. Pain or disease in the body typically surfaces due to some negative experience in your life, it could be related to post traumatic stress, any event in the past in which you cannot think about without feeling sadness, fear, anger or resentment. Think about when your illness started? Was there something going on in your life, something stressful? Or maybe it is still going on? You may be experiencing current issues in your life which you feel there is no hope. These negative emotions are stored deep in the cells of the body, festering and preventing you from feeling joy, from living life the way you should be, without pain and disease. Sadly, many of us continue through life, suffering… and many times we give up, we completely give up and settle. Well, there is hope, there is a way to feel happier, more relaxed eliminating all anxiety and pain with Quantum Touch. We have always heard the term that stress kills, that is an understatement. We are a society of stress!!! Neurological diseases, Cancer, heart attacks and stroke are prevalent in our society…1 in 3 are getting Cancer today…the Good news? PREVENTION…of course it’s not to say a healthy diet and exercise won’t help you as well but get back to basics, learn to relax, reduce stress and other negative emotional issues with Quantum Touch.
For amazing Quantum Touch healing stories in reference to above go to www.quantumtouch.com You be the judge. Call for Quantum Touch sessions at Planet Botanix. Discounted packages are available. Please call Linda for more info and to book a session 613-521-5675
The Middle Finger Sutra Ian Prattis
Good intentions meet wrong perceptions creating disaster! This teaching by the wise one was passed on by a lady in a bookstore. “The other day I went into the local religious bookstore, where I saw a “Honk If You Love Jesus” bumper sticker. Although not a Christian I thought this was a great sentiment with respect to Global Religious Harmony. So I bought it and put it on the back bumper of my car, and I’m really glad I did that, as it brought forward a wonderful response from all kinds of people of many faiths and cultures. What an uplifting experience it was for all of us. I was stopped at a light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought of the Divine and I did not notice that the light had changed. But that bumper sticker really worked as I found lots of people who loved Jesus. Why, the guy behind me started to honk like crazy. He must have really loved his Lord because pretty soon he leaned out his window and yelled “Jesus Christ” as loud as he could. It was like a football game with his shouting “Go Jesus Go.” Everyone else started honking too, so I leaned out of my window and waved and smiled to all those loving people. There must have been a guy from Florida back there because I could hear him yelling something about a “sunny beach”, and I saw him waving in a funny way with his middle finger stuck up in the air. I asked my two kids on the back seat what that meant, they giggled and said it was the Hawaiian good luck sign, so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back. Several cars behind, a very nice large man stepped out of his car and yelled something I could not hear. It sounded something like “mother trucker.” Maybe he was from Florida too. He must really love the Lord. A couple of people were so caught up in the joy that they got out of their cars and were walking towards me. I bet they wanted us all to meditate together, but then the light changed to yellow and I stepped on the gas. I was
PINE GATE SANGHA
Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh Nucleus of Friends for Peace Canada Teachings every Thursday 7.00pm - 9.00pm Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7 Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com • 613 726 0881 www.ianprattis.com/pinegate.htm the only one to get across the intersection as everyone was meditating and waving their middle fingers. I leaned out of the window and gave them a big happy smile and held up the Hawaiian good luck sign and drove away. Praise the heavens for all those wonderful meditators.” The followers of the wise one immediately put the Middle Finger Sutra into practice at every intersection in the city. Ian is the resident dharmacharya (teacher) at Pine Gate Sangha. Teachings every Thursday, 7pm – 9pm and on First Saturdays of every month.
Rosemary Murray-Lachapelle, Jungian Analyst, ML.S., M.A. Dipl. Analyt. Psych.
Ayurvedic Books,Teas and Incense
Ontario Association of Jungian Analysts, International Association of Analytical Psychology
Available at the Garden of Light, 1099 Bank Street, Ottawa (613) 680-5727
Mellos Restaurant is for Vegans
inding a local treasure the old-fashioned way (i.e., not through the Internets, but by just walking in your neighbourhood and discovering new things) is akin to no other. And what would be a better way to stumble upon Mellos, an old-school diner in Byward Market that– from my subsequent fury of research online–was the “popup restaurant” of Chef Matthew Carmichael (but no longer). But all that aside, what is more is that this place caters to vegans. No word of a lie. A vintage diner with the most original diner menu in Ottawa (which apparently changes monthly or so) has a chef who cares about vegans, insofar as he will endeavour to make your meal and your diner experience for vegans as fulfilling and delicious as any other customer. This fusion of typical diner fare and vegan cuisine is exceptional and delightful. –How is it that you’ve never heard of this place?!?– We’re talking delicious fries with (vegan) gravy, jerk pork (read: seitan) and steamed bun with cilantro, the best (vegan) pad thai you will ever treat your tastebuds to, and whatever else they can cook up. The head chef appears to be no stranger to vegan grub, as he works skillfully with tofu, seitan, tempeh and other vegan protein favourites. He tells me that the soup is always vegan no matter what. He also tells me, to my horror, that not many people have been ordering off the vegan menu and so it is sometimes hard to defend to the other restaurant stakeholders. I told him it was because vegans are not aware of his resto and wouldn’t expect what looks like a greasy spoon from the outside to cater to vegans, and what’s more, that the vegan food would be AWESOME. He agreed to let me “rally the troops” electronicallyspeaking, and get vegans aware of this rare gem in the heart of the Market. I told him that vegans are generally all foodies and will flock–literally flock–to Mellos doorstep to try his morsels of deliciousness.
Words of advice and caution to all y’all who are already putting on your runners to make a dash to Mellos: The seating is limited, so it is recommended that you make a reservation; The chef suggests letting him know in advance that you’re coming, especially if it’s going to be a large group of vegans, because lately, given the lack of popularity–which by the way the vegan army plans on doing something about–he wouldn’t be able guarantee that he’ll be able to make *everything* vegan on the fly. It would be in your best interest to call in advance anyway, because both himself and the staff are extremely friendly and it’s almost heartwarming to talk to them and hear how they will cater to your dietary requirements; I can only speak for the dinner menu regarding veganization since that’s the only one I’ve tried. Now spread the word and try it out for yourselves. This place could be the next vegan hotspot in Ottawa!
Mellos Restaurant 290 Dalhousie St., Ottawa ON 613-241-2909
ACCESS CONSCIOUSNESS Empowering People To Know That They Know
Access Consciousness Bars Class Friday January 11, 2013
Foundation & Level 1 Class January 17 – 20th , 2013
Are you ready to experience a unique type of bodywork ~ one that could dynamically facilitate changes within your being and body, with ease? Are you willing to experience changes within your body & being beyond your imagination?
Access Body Process Evenings
January 9, 16, 23 & 30 Wednesday evenings 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Check out our brand new website www.tone.ca 26
For Information Contact: Carol Sheehan, 613 249-8418 firstname.lastname@example.org www.AccessConsciousness.com
Natural Beauty & Health Clinic
After more than 15 years in business, I am confident that my understanding of Natural Beauty & Health can help you to maintain and nurture your health as it was made to be.
fter my last article in the Where Healing Art ancient October issue of Tone, I received tradition and modern Natural several inquiries. An important Health science merged together question was - is alfahydroxy acid Since 1997 and hyaluronic acid good for facial • Lymph Drainage and Professional Massage skin? I have experience working Where is the Natural Beauty & • Ear Candling with both since 1995 and stopped Health Clinic? • Energy Healing: Reiki Initiations and Training using them in 1998. The Clinic is in the Riverside • Non-surgical Facelift and Natural Esthetic In the beginning, these acid Health Centre. It is on the top floor Services treatments make the facial skin - very quiet, a relaxing, homey and • Acne and sensitive skin Organic solutions look refreshed and rejuvenated, a • The Green Panacea, a powerful antioxidant compassionate place. ‘younger’ skin but after 6 months, All types of medical insurance accepted these acids dissolve the epidermis Member of the Professional layer. The skin becomes thinner Book your appointment NOW Association of Specialized Massage 613-526-1255 and weaker - a weakened tissue Therapists of Quebec Inc., a Reiki www.naturalclinic.ca now more exposed to viruses, fungi Master and Holistic Esthetician. email@example.com and bacteria as it does not have the ability to protect itself. This thin Contacts: Dina Shkolnikov, Natural skin is revealed by dryness, flaking and more visible Beauty & Health Clinic, 2211 Riverside Drive, 613-526wrinkles. 1255; firstname.lastname@example.org / Editor - Tania Palme, When people come to my Natural Beauty and Health Communications Specialist, email@example.com Clinic after they have had these acidic treatments, their facial skin is literally healed by the usage of carefully selected certified organic therapeutic skincare products which contain plant ingredients. Plants are the best medicine as they transmute light into life by photosynthesis. This ancient wisdom in nature and in biology is transferred into these products allows the skin to restore its function and rejuvenate its tissue at the cellular level. These plant ingredients penetrate into the epidermis of the skin allowing it to restore itself to its natural and healthy appearance. During the facial massage, a part of the facial treatment, this itself affects the physical level and brings the body to an alpha state, near to a deep meditative state. Clients then relax, breathe calmly, blood pressure and heart beat becomes regular, and cortisone levels harmonize. The tension and tightness held around the eyes and forehead relaxes, and releases itself. A facial in itself creates a significant change in one’s facial skin and health. Carleton University Fieldhouse As an alternative health practitioner, I also advise, as part of the facial treatment, about nutrition and diet as Explore enlightened, healthy and well as exercise. This is because a person’s face reveals harmonious living through an energizing much about their lifestyle whether smoking cigarettes, series of expert speakers and professional eating or stress for example. workshops, along with exhibitors showcasing Of the selected certified organic therapeutic skincare products, I have FAN-TAINA Alchemy of Quebec, a leading edge products and services. company which strictly adheres to standards required Contact firstname.lastname@example.org of traditional natural skincare compositions. I have recently added Evan Healy of California, USA in for more information. keeping with my selection of natural skincare products using plant ingredients.
May 11 and 12, 2013 The Whole Earth Expo
Aloha! Welcome aboard the journey back to you. Last month we introduced you to a psycho-spiritual system known as Huna and spoke of how MFL developed his research based on code he found in the Hawaiian language. For example: Alo=unconditional love, the presence of spirit within you. Ha=the breath of life. Aloha can mean “Be or go with the breath of life”. Ha=breath, Wa=the place in time, ii=small place. Hawaii can be defined as the “supreme power which flows from the breath of life” or even “the small place for the preservation of the knowledge of the breath of life.” Take a deep breath, now. Breathe in as deeply as you can-very slowly, hold, and then EXHALE SLOWLY. Let the release of the breath symbolize to you the releasing of tensions and troubled thoughts. The breath is the basis of one of the natural laws or principles which you can use to accomplish many desirable things for your life. All prayer action is supported by consciously controlling the breath alerting the subconscious to pay attention. A hint about breathing from the Chinese acupuncture and meridian therapy is men should breathe while thinking of the breath as coming from above and women should breathe while thinking of the breath as coming from below. Teaching the basics of Huna is like planting a seed, the concepts that relate to you will grow as you use them. When you try it you will learn how to make it work by using the knowledge of how the human being functions-how YOU function, mentally, physically, and spiritually. What Huna offers is the understanding of yourself and the knowledge of how you can achieve an effective and harmonious way of living. It is considered by most to be a Way of Life. In the next article we will begin the discussion of the 3 selves. Mahalo For more information on Huna Research Associates, Huna, Ho’oponopono or the Huna Telepathic Mutual Healing Group visit our website at http://www.hunaohanastore.com/ or http://hunaohana.ning.com/ or email: email@example.com
Parenting With Wisdom
his month we move into our second activity called Aliveness Scale taken from the Conscious Kids’ Curriculum that facilitates creating a lifestyle where you and your child can be active and playful whole body learners –through breath, movement and building self-esteem. Concept: Aliveness refers to a sense of vitality, excitement and energy that can be felt in the body. This activity allows you and your child to learn to monitor and determine your/their level of aliveness so that you/they can notice the impact of the activities I plan to share with you in the next issues of TONE. Appropriate for ages 10 and older Activity: Ask yourself and/or your child what is aliveness? Possible answers: • Fully present/alert • Excited • Joyful • Full of energy • Vibrant • Bubbly • Buzzing • Animated… Ask yourself and/or your child on a scale of 1 to 10 how alive you/they are feeling right now. 0 is the least alive you/they can imagine and 10 being the most alive you/they can imagine. Ask yourself/your child, “How did you know which number to choose?” Possible answers: • I noticed my breathing • I tuned into my body • I paid attention to my thoughts… Ask yourself/your child which is a better indicator of aliveness? Discuss and share your responses. I invite you to create your own Aliveness Scale using your own words of what you feel from 0 (I am tired. I cannot feel anything) to 10 (I am tingling all over. I feel streaming energy throughout mu body.) Concept Summary: When you check in to how alive you are feeling, you can choose activities to do that create more aliveness. Rabia Wilcox is a Certified Conscious Living Coach with the Hendricks Institute www.hendricks.com. She specializes in Parents and Youth. 613-234-7561. For upcoming events and workshops or to order the Conscious Kids’ Curriculum as an e-book for $27.95 (US) please visit: www.rabiawilcox.com
sing dowsing techniques to find energy lines, geo-stressors, etc. that may be contributing to health issues both in humans and animals, structural problems, etc. is a common practice among professional dowsers. We may hear terms like Leys (Ley lines), Hartmann Lines, Curry Lines, Black lines, but what are these lines, how does one find them and what is the theory behind them? Leys can be the product of ancient surveying, property markings, or commonly traveled pathways and are alleged to be alignments of a number of places of geographical interest, such as ancient monuments and megaliths and that the lines and their intersection points resonate a special energy. The existence of alignments is fact the causes of these alignments are disputed. Earth radiation as described by Manfred Curry and Ernst Hartmann are a geophysical grid phenomenon described as a force field are known as Hartmann Net/Hartmann Lines and Curry Lines which could be connected to telluric currents
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Telluric_current). Placing people or other living things in certain spots of the earth radiation knots or where the Curry and Hartmann lines cross is believed to be beneficial/harmful depending on radiation flow. The Hartmann grid consists charged lines rising vertically penetrating everywhere, whether over open ground or through dwellings from the ground like invisible, radioactive walls, each 21 centimeters (9 inches) wide, magnetically orientated NorthSouth at intervals of 2 meters (6 feet 6 inches), and East-West 2.5 meters (8 feet) apart. Alternate lines are usually positively and negatively charged, so where the lines intersect it is possible to have double positive charges and double negative charges, or one positive and one negative charge which are seen to be a source of potential problems. Between these geometric lines lies a neutral zone, an unperturbed microclimate. Curry Lines are approximately 3 meters apart (with variations) running at 45 degrees to the NorthSouth alignment of the Hartmann Lines (diagonally to the poles) east to west. The problem occurs only where the lines cross, and obviously lines which run in this way will have numerous intersecting points. Black lines seem to be naturally generated, can be curved, straight, at ground level or higher, even found in the upper levels of buildings. They could possibly represent the flow lines of a negative type of â€œorgone-typeâ€? energy as described by Wilhelm Reich.
www.crystalinks.com www.professional-house-clearing.com/hartmann-lines.html Come out and learn more about dowsing and how to apply it to improve the quality of life in everyday living. Ottawa Dowsers 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 7pm www.ottawadowsers.org Submitted by Nancy L. Bradley 613-596-0260
How powerful Ottawa Hypnosis is for Pain Control
ttawa Hypnosis basically refers to a set of useful distractions that are usually employed to distract one’s brain from pain. Pain will always be part and parcel of the human race especially with things like headaches back pain and dental procedures being a normal phenomenon. Ottawa Hypnosis is able to acquire its success of averting pain by tuning the brain away from the pain receptors and bringing distracting thoughts that are able to set it into relaxation mode. This type of medication has found its way in the control of pain in advanced levels of certain types of cancer thus reducing the over reliance on pain killers. Ottawa Hypnosis has also found its way in chemotherapy thus reducing nausea and vomiting that may be involved with the usage of certain types of drugs. Ottawa Hypnosis is mainly useful in reducing the sensitivity of pain in a process known as hypnoanalgesia by mainly turning down the brain response to pain. Surgical operations is another field in which hypnosis has been effectively utilized with exemplary results, with this kind of treatment a patient brain is set on a drive mode to fully distract from the pain receptors emerging from the various parts of the body. Speedy recovery is usually guaranteed while chances of nausea are extremely reduced. This kind of treatment does not come with any sort of side effects thus acting as an effective and efficient medical treatment procedure. With the usage of drugs, costs are usually
guaranteed to be on high while increasing the chances of overdependence whereas Ottawa hypnosis is highly cheap and efficient. There are different sets of hypnosis techniques that one can employ depending on the level of pain that one is facing. When faced with short term pain effects it is usually effective to engage in hypnotic techniques that are mainly geared at reducing the levels of anxiety. When faced with long-term pain a Ottawa hypnotist would always advice one to confront the pain directly with the use of techniques that mainly address the physical and psychological effects of pain. Giving birth always guarantee lots of pain thus the reason why many pregnant women are usually hypnotized before giving birth. Ottawa Hypnosis in this case is usually able to reduce the pain by redirecting the pain indicators that usually brings the discomfort that one feels. It is also no surprise that this form of pain reliever has found its way in the averting of old age pain that comes with illnesses like arthritis knee and back problems. Relieving of Phantom limp pain is another application that hypnosis has been able to gather lots of success by being able to avert the amount of pain that comes with these sorts of injuries. This is usually achieved by making patients imagine themselves in environments with beautiful scenery that is sure to guarantee the perfect relaxation of the brain Pain receptors are highly rapid but with the constant application of various Ottawa hypnosis techniques pain reduction is always guaranteed leading a stress free life.
I Can Make You Lose Weight Without Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
Spleen in Harmony New Life Acupuncture By Steve Ryu, L.Ac. In TCM, the digestive system is collectively called “the spleen”. In Western medicine the digestive system incorporates the stomach, the intestines, the pancreas, the liver, and the gallbladder. In TCM, the gall bladder, the small intestine and the large intestine belong to other organ partnerships and other elements. Thus the spleen in TCM incorporates the remaining stomach and pancreas. Yet it is most helpful when we relate to the spleen in TCM to think of all organs that collectively participate in the digestion whether or not these organs belong to other organ partnerships. The major role of the spleen is to transform food and drink into blood and energy, and distribute them to other organs and tissues. This enormously difficult task takes a lot of energy on its own to take place. Therefore if one is overworked and/ or malnourished (which is something common for the contemporary person) the spleen will become deficient and unable to manufacture sufficient amount of blood and energy. If this becomes continuous and chronic one may become not only energy deficient but also blood deficient. Thus in TCM blood deficiency is often treated by tonifying the spleen. Since the spleen needs a lot of energy for its transformation and transportation functions it likes warm temperature and sweet taste as they both give energy. Therefore it is always beneficial to warm our food before we consume it and to make it a rule to never consume food or drink colder than room temperature. Raw fruits and vegetables also have cold nature therefore people with weak digestion and poor energy should cook any type of raw food before consuming it. Although the spleen likes sweet taste as it gives energy, too much sweet taste will have the opposite effect on the spleen and take energy away. Therefore sweet foods should be consumed moderately and white sugar and its products should generally be avoided as they generate “dampness”, which itself slows the digestion down. Apart from transporting the various food essences to the other parts of the body, the spleen also controls the transformation and transportation of fluids by separating the clear fluids from the dirty fluids. The clear fluids are sent to the lungs (which further distribute them to the skin) and the dirty fluids are sent down to the intestines for further separation and distribution. If the spleen is weak and the transportation of fluids is impaired there
&SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, L.Ac., Herbalist Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), MPA, Licensed Acupuncturist (NY); NCCAOM Diplomat in Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available
Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
will be fluid retention called dampness in TCM. One of the main symptoms of dampness is edema but other symptoms also include tiredness, lack of energy, and loose stools as the nature of dampness is to slow processes down and to make things sluggish. Therefore besides that the spleen likes warm temperature and sweet taste because they give energy, the spleen also likes dryness. As the spleen transports blood and energy to the tissues of the whole body a “weak spleen” will lead to weak muscles, particularly in the limbs. Internal dampness – a chronically weak spleen - manifests in sensation of solidity and heaviness of the limbs. On a mental level the spleen governs the thought. Thus any mental processes such as thinking, concentrating, studying, and focusing are governed by the spleen. People with healthy spleens are generally active, practical, and responsible, they study well and memorize efficiently. People with unhealthy spleens tend to have a “busy mind”, over think and manifest “stuck behavior”. When there is accumulated dampness in the spleen the thoughts take the quality of the dampness and become sticky, gluing, and oppressive. Steve Eun Kyu Ryu, L.Ac. is a licensed acupuncturist (NY) and certified herbalist at New Life Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Center in Ottawa. He is affiliated with Ottawa Fertility Centre and Riverside Acupuncture & Wellness Centre for infertility treatment. For further information or to make an appointment call 613-863-6906 or visit website http://newlifeacu.webs.com or www.acupunctureottawa.com
HOLIDAY MINI-MEDIATIONS (Back by popular demand – my 2011 Christmas column)
aren and Jack had one immediate goal - they wanted to get through the first Christmas following their separation with their values, their wallets and their sanity intact. They had separated a month before and were working in mediation on the major issues arising from their separation: long-term parenting arrangements, division of their assets and debts, and ongoing financial support arrangements. The process was going well, but the holidays were approaching and it was clear they would not finalize their discussions and sign a final Separation Agreement until the new year. In the meantime, there were a number of immediate issues that needed to be addressed. How would they share time over the holidays with their two children, Katie, 10, and Jeremy, 6? Jack’s parents lived in Sudbury – would he be able to go visit them with the children as he had always done? Karen wanted to spend Christmas Day with her new boyfriend and the children together; Jack thought it was too soon to introduce this new person to the children. They even disagreed over who should have “custody” of the special tree ornaments they had bought together for their first Christmas. In addition, Karen and Jack had some financial disagreements. Jack thought the trip to Sudbury should be a joint expense, as it had always been in the past, even though this time Karen would not be going. Jeremy wanted a very expensive video game for Christmas, which both Karen and Jack had always been opposed to. Should they give in this time to help him through the first Christmas after his parents’ separation? The solution to this situation was to schedule a “minimediation” within Karen and Jack’s larger mediation just to deal with these holiday issues. They temporarily put aside the issues they had been working on in their main mediation in order to focus on these “small” matters. They quickly saw that these were not trivial concerns. In fact, some of these “molehills” were threatening to become “mountains.” Yet, despite their stress and differences of opinion, Jack and Karen had one important advantage in their favour. They recognized that these seemingly small issues could become bigger problems that threatened to derail their main mediation if left unattended. In this respect they were very wise. Mediation is not just for big disputes. It’s also for little disputes before they become big disputes. Karen and Jack recognized they needed a mini-mediation now in order to avoid the necessity of a major mediation later.
This mini-mediation had several advantages for Jack and Karen. First, they significantly reduced the day to day stresses that could have occurred over the holidays. Second, with just a little guidance, they were able to discuss their disagreements in a way that stayed true to their values. Third, they were able to carry over their fundamentally positive feelings about each other as parents into their main mediation when they resumed this in January and were able to reach mutually acceptable terms for their final Separation Agreement fairly quickly. Whatever your religion, whatever your family issues are - and even if you’re not separating - could you benefit from a holiday mini-mediation? No disagreements are too small to ignore. Happy Holidays to Everyone! Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyermediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops
Hand Analysis Consultation with Peter Keogh – December 1 Your private appointment includes a copy of your handprint with notations, a digital recording of your session, pertinent suggestions and plan of action. Ayurvedic Massage with Francis Desjardins, RMT – December 1 Your private appointment includes a copy of your handprint with notations, a digital recording of your session, pertinent suggestions and plan of action. A Gift for YOU with JoAnn D’Alfonso – December 9, 1:30pm This flow class offers effective coping strategies to remain stable, strong & free from states of anxiety that can rob you of the calm strength that dwells within you. 12-12-12 Gateway Meditation with Devinder Kaur – December 12, 7:00pm A meditation to burn away the old ways and create space for the new. We will practice a powerful clearing Kundalini Yoga Meditation that allows your Soul and heart to open and awaken to your highest state of being with compassion and deep joy. Double Gong New Moon Meditation with Devinder Kaur – December 13, 5:45pm Two Gongs played at the same time! Every New Moon, we have the opportunity to manifest a new beginning and when we come together with such an intention our efforts are enhanced. PranaShanti Kirtan with Greg Kaps – December 14, 8:00 PM The primary musical feature of kirtan is the use of call and response. The form is simple: a lead calls out the melodies and the mantras, the rest of the group responds, clapping and dancing as the rhythms build and accelerate. Join the chanting fun! Kundalini Yoga – Bilingual Class with Magali Scanella –December 16, 1:00 pm Kundalini Yoga is the yoga of awareness - “It is a tool to achieve self mastery and happiness of total self”. L’enseignement bilingue permet de développer l’aptitude à s’adapter à un changement et accroît nos capacités d’abstraction.
Winter Solstice Annual Celebration of Light – December 21, 7:00 pm We will experience a celestial multimedia sound meditation intended to release old attachments and envision new possibilities as a new season is birthed. Proceeds to be donated to the Parkdale Food Bank. Community Yoga Class with Louise Cameron – December 22, 2:00 pm Each month PranaShanti donates 100% of the proceeds from a Class to a local charity. This month, the proceeds of the Yoga Class go to Harmony House. Amazing Song of the Healing Crystal Bowls with Jay Schwed – December 22, 3:00 pm Jay’s performance symbolizes the ancient Egyptian crystal bowl and includes a variety of 12 colorful ‘singing’ Crystal Bowls and 5 Tibetan Bowls. Full Moon Gong Meditation with Devinder Kaur – December 27, 5:45pm Last one of the year! Learn the astrology for the Full Moon and do a short yoga set (kriya) and meditation. Class concludes with a deep relaxation with the healing sounds of the Gong and Crystal Singing Bowls! PranaShanti Wellness Day – January 5 Our amazing Wellness Team will be offering FREE mini sessions and consultations as they introduce themselves and their services. Homeopathy, Lymphatic Massage, Thai Yoga Massage, Registered Massage Therapy, Sufi Spiritual Healing, Nutritional Counseling, Reiki, Hypnosis, Life Coaching, Counseling Psychotherapy and more! Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Joe Barnett – 2 Weekends – Jan. 25-27 & Feb. 8-10, 2013 – Early Bird Price until December 20th More and more teachers and practitioners are exploring Yin Yoga. This is a natural reaction to what has become an extremely yang health culture. Yin yoga is the relaxed practice of floor postures for three to five minutes at a time. This 30-hour training is a strong complimentary training for a current Yoga Teacher of any style or a spring board for the student who is ready to take the leap into a broader perspective and fuller appreciation of the practice of Yin Yoga.
Tue. Dec. 4th, 7 to 8:30 pm. Kerry brings forth messages from your passed over loved ones. Instructor: Kerry Palframan. Register at: www.indigowisdom.ca. Please note most Teleseminars are free but when messages are being brought forth a small fee of $12.00 will apply.
Join us for the first Westboro Community Health and Wellness Day, Sunday Jan 13/13, 10am – 2pm, at Dovercourt Community Centre. Find out what health and wellness options are at your fingertips, meet practitioners, and hear informative presentations! For more information, see our webpage at http://www.vitalmed.ca/services/ westboro-community-health-and-wellness-day.
Ottawa Christian Meditation presents:
Maranatha, Come Lord, a period of joyful quiet longing led by Deacons James Kubina and Derek Smith. Saturday, December 8, 10am to 2:30pm, Saint Paul University, 223 Main Street, the Main Chapel in Laframboise Hall. Information and registration with Jeanette Deyell: meditationjeanette@ gmail.com.
Love Cannot Be Compromised Wednesdays, January 23–March 6, 2013
“Love Cannot Be Compromised” is a transformative journey into the heart of A Course in Miracles. For both new and experienced students, it will deepen your understanding and experience of the Course. This is the first in a series of courses related to A Course in Miracles to be offered by Course Oasis in 2013. The first in a series of courses related to A Course in Miracles to be offered by Course Oasis in 2013 For more information and to register, contact Mary Anne Buchowski 613-726-0195 firstname.lastname@example.org www.courseoasis.org
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops 340 Gladstone Ave. 613.234.7974 ottawayoga.com Sadhana December 2 • 5-7am Please arrive by 4:45am for Japji. For students who have practiced at least 5 Kundalini classes previously. Approx. 1-hour yoga/postures plus 1-hour beautiful chanting meditations. Health and Fitness Tweet-Up December 4 • 7-8:30pm A Tweet-Up is a meeting of Twitter folks. Kind of like a networking event but so much better! The topic for our 5th edition is healthy holidays. Intro to Restorative Yoga With Tara Porter Sunday, December 9, 4-6pm A Gentle Yoga Practice to Restore Your Physical, Emotional and Mental Health. Kirtan! With the Bhakti Connection December 8 • 4:30-6pm All voices welcome, and no experience is necessary. By donation. Introduction to Thai Massage With Devin Johnstone December 8 • 11am-3pm In this fun, interactive workshop you will be introduced to the basics of Thai Massage, while learning a short bodywork routine that you can practice among family and friends.
UPCOMING TEACHER TRAINING: Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Jaunary 4-6 and February 15-17 Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday and Sunday 11-5:30pm The 40hr Restorative Training at The Rama Lotus Yoga Centre will be a multi-faceted and rich exploration of personal study as well as teaching skills. Students will learn the joys of Restorative through first hand experience of the postures, and how to teach students of all levels. Students will also learn the Ayurvedic, physiological, traditional and scientific elements of each pose. 85hr Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Begins April 12 This program is designed for yoga teachers, prenatal educators, doulas, and anyone who works with and is involved with pregnant woman and their families. This program will allow you to deepen your knowledge of yoga principles and practices as related to pregnancy and birth. It is suitable for yoga teachers and body workers wishing to strengthen their skills when working with pregnant women. 1. Yoga for Seniors Teacher Training Part 1 & 2 April 19-21, 2013 Learning to teach yoga to seniors safely and mindfully is becoming an increasingly important skill in the yoga teaching world. As our population ages steadfastly, understanding the common physical and mental issues and having the qualifications to teach yoga to this large segment of our population will provide teachers with a unique and very rewarding niche.
Journeying to Essence With Your Soul Child December 7 – 9
Deepen into more of your true nature in this highly experiential workshop of Enneagram wisdom & ADIEWA practices for expanded consciousness. Guided by Jane Lindsay, MSOD, and Sue Guttenstein, PhD, the co-founders of ADIEWA.
Embracing the Unknown
3 Evenings January 14, 21, 28, 2013 Each evening, Jane Lindsay will teach the basics of one practice used in ADIEWA work for opening to emergence and expanded consciousness
Balancing & Awakening with the Enneagram
Sat. Afternoons Jan. 26, Feb. 2, 9, 23, & Mar 2, 2013 With Jane Lindsay, Enneagram teacher, and Maureen Fallis, founder of Surround Circle Yoga, explore how teachings of the Enneagram can combine with life practices such as yoga.
Engaging the Wisdom of Embodied Intuition & the Field of Being February 16 – 18, 2013 Learn and practice ADIEWA methods for non-linear knowing and your deep development at this intensive led by Jane Lindsay, M.S.O.D. & Sue Guttenstein, PhD, co-founders of ADIEWA Also Available: Private Sessions Guided by Jane Lindsay upon request The Enneagram is a sophisticated tool for our development which combines ancient wisdom and modern psychology to identify nine personality types or qualities of human consciousness. ADIEWA is a profound, intuitive inquiry process in which embodied insight is accessed by opening to higher consciousness and wisdom held within the physical, energetic and transcendent dimensions of our bodies, our environment and of Life itself. For information on all workshops and ADIEWA: http://adiewacentre.com email@example.com Jane 613-761-9249
On May 11 and 12, 2013 The Whole Earth Expo will be held at the Carleton University Fieldhouse. Explore enlightened, healthy and harmonious living through an energizing series of expert speakers and professional workshops, along with exhibitors showcasing leading edge products and services. Contact.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. www.wholeearthexpo.ca
1230 Wellington, Ottawa, ON 613-729-5973
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. JENNIFER CLARK, Spiritual Success Coach, certified Risk Manager, certified Angel Therapy¨ Practitioner (ATP), certified Angelspeakeª Facilitator, Reiki Master, Professional Spiritual Teacher, Integrated Energy Therapyª MasterInstructor, NLP Practitioner, Jennifer Clark, provides in depth strategic coaching sessions for people who want to live with passion and purpose. To learn more, visit www.jenniferclark. ca or call 230-4869 ext 1. RICA GERHARDT, www.wellbeingisyours.com Spa Days, Reiki, Health Kinesiology, Brain Gym Integration, Self-Empowerment workshops, FlowerEssences, AquaChi DetoxFootbath, Private sessions (Insurance),OneDayRetreats, 613-257-8362; email@example.com NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. Thomas M. Tegtmeyer, BA (Hons Econs), TPN, CEnKP, RTFHI, RBGI/LPC. If distance is a factor, I will come to your house via: balance@ thomasMtegtmeyer.com; Phone: 613.769.5575; SKYPE-video: display: sky_imb; ID: KJI_IMB; ichat; or remote session. VONNE SOLIS, AngelTherapy® Practitioner www.vonnesolis.com Tel: 613-258-0524 SANDIE MCARDLE, Transformational Healing Sessions. I am a catalyst for healing energy and patterns that no longer serve you and will help you to move into a new sense of balance, wholeness and clarity. This might include addressing emotional, spiritual, physical or intellectual issues. I use an integrative blend of techniques, as well as guided intuition, to serve you. I have over 20 years experience in the healing arts. Sandie McArdle, B.A., HSC. 613741-3117 or 613-617-5588. sandie.mcardle@ gmail.com SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW, CHt, LM is a heart-focused psychotherapist, spiritual coach and counsellor, and energy therapist who specializes in teaching people to live with passion, joy and trust in the process of life. Sherry works with individuals from three to a hundred and three. In addition, her unique approach to
family and couple counselling has proven over and over again to be highly successful. She may be reached at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www. sherryharriscounselling.com. Insurance receipts covered by most benefit packages are provided. Weekend and evening hours are available as well as regular business hours. Home visits or phone sessions may be arranged if you are unable to come to me. SONJA MULLER, R,N. The Dance of the Butterrfly, Yoga Therapy, Ashtanga Yoga By The Sea True Self Process. Inquiries at White Wind Clinic 613 600-9089 sliding scale, insurance.
• Places FIRST UNITARIAN CONGREGATION. 30 Cleary St. 613-725-1066. Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, individual mentoring, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: courseoasis@ primus.ca; Website: www.courseoasis.org
• Access Consciousness THE BARS - Opening up to receiving! Release blockages and create the life you want. Private session or class, contact certified Bars Facilitators; Suzanne Camire (bilingual) 613-745-5898 suz.camire@ sympatico.ca Carol Sheehan 613-249-8418 firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Acupuncture CAPITAL ACUPUNCTURE HEALING CLINIC. Ya-Zhen GUO, a certified traditional Chinese acupuncture specialist & former chief physician with 29 yrs clinical experience in China & Canada. Disposable needles, free consultation & parking. 69 Spencer St. Ottawa (Between Holland & Parkdale). 613-798-0595. CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM.DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arhtritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free
parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa. Lori Mackay Rmt, Cama – Trained in Medical Acupuncture at McMaster University. Providing treatment for acute and chronic Musculoskeletal Disorders and injuries such as, joint, neck, shoulder and back pain, headaches, tendonitis, carpal tunnel, arthritis, and more. Acupuncture can be performed alone or in conjunction with massage therapy treatment. 2 convenient locations: 418 Rideau St. Please call: (613)241-3434. Please call: (613)-727-7246 for more info contact Lori at email@example.com or www. lorirmt.ca HARMONY ACUPUNCTURE, Rural Kanata location, Alice Kwasniok, Dr. Ac. and TCM, MSc, member of CMAAC, graduate of ACOS, Nelson, BC. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine for prevention and treatment of a variety of acute and chronic conditions. Weight loss and detoxification, anti-aging facial rejuvenation. 613-832-0658. www.harmonyrevival.com DR. LI PAN ACUPUNCTURE CLINIC. Cancer, infertility, arthritis, stress, tinnitus, herpes zoster, stroke sequela, depression, sciatica, sports injuries, impotence, hepatitis, diabetes, asthma, quit smoking, various paralysises, pain, palpitation, headache, anxiety, dizziness, insomnia,aging,high blood pressure, facial paralysis, menopausal syndrome, fatigue. 2760 Carousel Crescent 613-569-7177. CENTRE OF ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE. Dr. Gasan Askerow, C.M.D., Ph.D., Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine, Pain & Sports Related Injuries, 125 Somerset W (Suite 202), 613 569-8947. PAIN RELIEF; correction of chronic conditions; addiction relief; weight loss; pro-active tune-up for health maintenance. Meridians Clinic (613) 728-2579 www.naetottawa.com COSMETIC ACUPUNCTURE for Facial Rejuvenation. For a more youthful and beautiful YOU, using acupuncture and the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine. A natural, enjoyable and more effective solution to the signs of aging. Kecia Lee, Dip. Ac. 613-282-6217 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Addictions SEX ADDICTS ANONYMOUS (SAA). A 12 step group to stop compulsive behaviour. Phone 786-1060.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Akashic Records Consultant, Clairvoyant Medium, Certified Hypnotherapist. Akasha is the fundamental energy at the very core of creation. All that is created emanates from and returns to the energy of the Akasha. Held within the Akasha are the individual records of each soul from the time it leaves its point of origin until its return.
DIRECTORY Every thought, word, deed and intent generated by each soul’s experience is recorded within ßthe Akasha in one’s personal Akashic Records as well as in a collective recording of the experience. Accessing information from the Akashic Records gives us divine insight as we create and manifest our desires. Expect information to continue to filter into your consciousness through your dreams and in the form of sudden insights in the days and weeks following a consultation. Gift Certificates available. email@example.com
• Alexander Technique ELENA CALVO. Certified teacher(England) Personalized mind and body work. English, Spanish, and French spoken. Health Insurance covered. (819) 771-0110. THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.beingcarefulwhatwewishfor.ca BRIGITTE CARON fully bilingual, certified teacher (also speaks Spanish). 317 Chapel (@ Laurier). 789-7972.
• Allergy treatment ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Angel therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier incorporates various modalities, including family constellation work, into a unique and compelling Emotional Freedom Techniques session. EFT is gentle yet powerful energy work that allows you to release any negative memories and feelings that are blocking you from moving forward in life. 613 297 8293, diane@ reiki-light.com, reiki-light.com JENNIFER CLARK was Ottawa’s first Angel Therapy® Practitioner and Professional Spiritual Teacher certified by Doreen Virtue working in Ottawa. Visit www.jenniferclark.ca or call her at
613.297.2850 and see what your angels and guides have to say! THREELIGHTS HEALING INC I am a Certified Angel Therapy Practitioner/ Certified Intuitive Life Coach/Usui Reiki MasterTeacher/Certified Magnified Healer/Clairvoyant Medium. Integrated Healing Therapy Sessions with messages from your angels. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org
• Aqualead AQUALEAD ENERGY - Healing water, environmental healing. Level I, II and Master classes. Free of charge, donations accepted. Sabine Blais, Aqualead & Reiki Master. email email@example.com for schedules, www. aqualeadinstitute.org (819) 230-6638.
• Aromatherapy EARTHLYESSENTIALS. Organic essential oils, custom formulas, diffusers & blends, organic handmade soap, organic massage oils. 984 Notre Dame, Embrun, 613-443-9635. www. earthlyessentials.ca Planet Botanix fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Art / Art Therapy SCULPTURE FROM THE HEART: a powerful creative process. Hilde Paz, Qualified Steiner Sculpture therapist (UK). Contact hildepaz@ gmail.com JOURNEY THROUGH THE RAINBOW: Participants gain a greater understanding of themselves by exploring the seven colours of the rainbow through art, visualization, sound and food. A “sense”-ational experience! Tammy Smith 613-799-1022 Tammy_reiki@hotmail.com
• Ascension ASCENSION HEALING Full-time Healing Practice Offering: Crystal Crystal Healing, Crystal Healing Classes and Workshops, Full Shamanic Healing Services, Clearing of Homes and Business Space, Crystal Retail, Ceremonial Plants, www.ascensionhealing.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-798-2828. ASCENSION & LIGHT BODY ACCELERATION. Cathryn Green. Reconnection of DNA Blueprint www.cathryngreen.ca 613-479-0299
• Art Classes/Workshops OPENING TO THE FLOW art classes & workshops. Hedda Sidla 613-445-5613, email@example.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling
and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org CRAIG GRANT has studied with Noel Tyl, Jeffrey Green, and Philip Sedgwick. He’s the author of WHY ASTROLOGY WORKS. He can be contacted at email@example.com
• Aura Photography Aura Photo & Chakra Balancing Aura pic & interpretation, Colour therapy, Clear blockages, Healing. Rina Soucy 613-841-8651
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 FREE HOME DELIVERY of hundreds of top quality green products available from www. ECOOTTAWA.com on orders over $35.
• Bed & Breakfast LA GRANGE COUNTRY INN & YOGA STUDIO – Historic barn converted into spectacular 4-star inn and studio. Located on the edge of Gatineau Park in the village of Wakefield, only 20 minutes from downtown Ottawa. www.lagrangecountryinn.com (819) 459-3939.
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com LORI HOLLOHAN, M.A. Advanced Certified BodyTalk Practitioner, Yoga Teacher and Reiki II. Tel: (613) 866-7091; Email: info@lorihollohan. com; Web: www.lorihollohan.com WENDY PHILPOTT, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information see www.bodytalksystem.com
• Books PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 5674444, www.planetbotanix.com: Gardening, self help, spiritual, cards, cds, dvds RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE. www. ottawayoga.com/ 342 Gladstone Ave 613.234.7974. Yoga & Lifestyle, Meditation, DVD’s and More FORCES IN THE AIR. An Autobiography of a Canadian Air Force Brat. A great little read of 108 pages, contact crowecreations.ca or email@example.com for info and a copy
• Bowen Therapy CHRYSALIS THERAPIES / Christine Follows. www.chrysalistherapies.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced). Call (613) 523-0640 after 5 pm. or e-mail follows0640@ rogers.com BowenTherapy Ottawa Bette Madigan. www. BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) 376 Churchill Ave. Suite 203 (Westboro Clinic) insurance receipts available. Call 613-722-4249 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org MARIANNA MEDVID, Registered Bowen Therapist, Homeoplus Outaouais Clinic, Hull. Pain relief and body balancing. 819-777-1818 (w) or 613-291-6651(c) email@example.com; bowentherapyhealing.ca. CAROLYNNE DOUCETTE - Professional Bowenwork Practioner. Effective for chronic and acute conditions and injuries. Carolynne@bowenkemptville.ca 613-799-3315. www.bowenkemptville.ca
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis True Body of Wisdom RODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: info@ wwzc.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Career Consulting FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS, JENNIFER CLARK has successfully navigated career transitions, mapped out career turning points and strategies for her clients. Get back in the flow! Visit www. jenniferclark.ca or call\CATER your small to medium event tailored to your specific dietary needs and liking ie. Vegan,Vegetarian, Living Food, Low Fat, Ciliac, etc Eager to learn more about cooking? - ask me about some theme
cooking classes. tel 613 668 4223. e-mail.: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ceremonies CARRIE RATHWELL, CEREMONIALIST. Personalized ceremonies created for and with you: weddings, funerals, baby and family ceremonies, rites of passage, pet funerals, shamanic journeys for ceremonies, and more. 613-237-1473. www.carrierathwell.com
• Chakra Balancing with HOTSTONE, SOUND, AROMATHERAPY, REIKI www.wellbeingisyours.com. Rica Gerhardt 613-257-8362.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www. rainbow-lady.com
• Children JENNIFER CLARK is a Child and Youth Coach offering unique coaching and simple healing experiences to shift anxiety, fear, depression and physical conditions. Visit www.jenniferclark. ca or call 613.297.2850
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Pain Relief, Headache, Injuries, Performance improvement, Arthritis, Health & Well-being
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-7311532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ALL NATURAL CLEANING & CONCIERGE SERVICES We approach cleaning holistically and responsibly. Using effective non-toxic, eco-friendly products, and lots of old-fashioned athletic elbow grease we clean your home thoughtfully and thoroughly. Outsourse your Stress! We do more than just cleaning. We do EVERYTHING to make your life easier! www.TheEverythingGirls.com 613.897.1207 ECOCENTRIC HOUSEKEEPING. Regular to big cleaning ! Weekly, Bi-Weekly and Monthly services. Products and equipement provided ! 819 790-3586 www.lecocentrique.com
• Clinics PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 5674444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www. killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PHYSICAL DYNAMICS PHYSIOTHERAPY CENTRE now offering cranio-sacral therapy and somato-emotional release with Mélanie Mainville RPT, CAFCI. Other services include orthopedic and sports physiotherapy, acupuncture, dry needling and massage therapy by RMT. Covered by most extended health care plans. By appointment 613-741-0923.
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com GAIN FREEDOM FROM CLUTTER and save precious time and energy. Let me help you get organized so you can find exactly what you need when you need it. Jobs may be as small a linen closet or as large as a garage. It is said that 25% of what we buy is spent on things we already own but can’t find them. Increase your peace of mind. Call for a free consultation: 613762-1704 or email@example.com
• Co-dependence Issues YOU CAN RECOVER FROM CODEPENDENCE. Your guide and spiritual counsellor, Deanna Rutherford, invites you to call for a consultation – 613-829-9102.
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www.ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and de-emphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. BERYL ALLPORT, MCC, TRC, Master Coach, Facilitator, Author, Certified Retirement Life Coach. Mid life transition coaching, workshops and speaking. Finding a deeper meaning of self and life. 613-421-3042 www.beallucanbe.com Thomas M. Tegtmeyer. Kimaya Joy International (KJI) Information Medicine Balancing (IMB) at: Mother Earth Natural Health 747 D Richmond Road (at Cleary). By appointment only. Phone: 613.769.5575; http://thomasmtegtmeyer. energyk.org/interview.html; http://www. energybalanceexchange.org/; http://www.cicricrc.ca/; http://www.adrontario.ca/; http://www. imimediation.org/
DIRECTORY ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: maranta.anna@ gmail.com MARLENE NEUFELD, MSW, RSW, AND BOB NEUFELD, M.ED., help couples create closer loving relationships. We specialize in two-on-two couples coaching/psychotherapy. Experience our life changing approach which will help you learn skills and techniques that facilitate lasting personal change in a faster and easier way than traditional talk-therapy. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-chargeto you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS, JENNIFER CLARK has been an Intuitive Life Coach combining the concrete and the esoteric offering you “soul solutions” that work. Visit www.jenniferclark.ca or call 613.297.2850
• Conscious Evolution MEDITATION ON BECOMING A UNIVERSAL HUMAN. Based upon the work of Barbara Marx Hubbard’s work Emergence. Learn to tap into your Higher Self to ask questions, receive guidance from your Essence Self and feel the confidence and peace that exists in that space. Information from Aileens’s Oasis, Aileen McKenna, Certified Agent for Conscious Evolution www.aileensoasis.com or 613-2282272, by cell at 613-795-3751, or toll free at 1-866-493-0236
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636
MARY O’KEEFFE, MA., MSc., Clinical member, Ontario Society of Psychotherapists. Mindfulness & Compassion-Based therapy, for emotional balance, anxiety, stress, burnout, grief, relationship and childhood issues. Experienced therapist, Integrative & Holistic...613-608-7809 www.mindfultherapyottawa.com SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW, CHt, LM is a heart-focused psychotherapist, spiritual coach and counsellor, and energy therapist who specializes in teaching people to live with passion, joy and trust in the process of life. Sherry works with individuals from three to a hundred and three. In addition, her unique approach to family and couple counselling has proven over and over again to be highly successful. She may be reached at 613-236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www. sherryharriscounselling.com. Insurance receipts covered by most benefit packages are provided. Weekend and evening hours are available as well as regular business hours. Home visits or phone sessions may be arranged if you are unable to come to me. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ALYCE SNOW - M.Psy. (over 40 yrs exp.) Grandir ensemble au rythme des saisons .. Developing one’s feeling of wholeness/harmony Famille - couple - individuel - mini groupes Growing pains -relationships -life transitions Mieux traverser les moments imp/ difficiles Stress relief through artistic self-expression .. Vers une meilleure contribution sociale *daytime or evenings (613) 741-5632 LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/ sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-235-9813 firstname.lastname@example.org NURTURING A LOVING RELATIONSHIP with your embodied wisdom thru Focusing, NVC & Yoga. Phone/Skype, in person. Shulamit Day Berlevtov 613-868-9642 www.shula.ca SONJA MULLER, R.N, Pastoral Healing, Spiritual Healing, and Marian Faith Healing Vocation Ministry of Healing. Guided by Father Joe Kane, OMI, and the Roman Catholic Church and the Holiness of the Pope. White Wind Clinic, Ottawa, Rose Mountain Retreat Quebec. Meditation Weekends, available in the “Sanctorum of the Heart” tradition. 613 795-4583 GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca
FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE Mondays 1-3 at Lincoln Heights Community Centre and Fridays 4-8 at 3015 Richmond Rd. Please call first 613-828-2836
• Couples MARLENE AND BOB NEUFELD help couples who want to create a closer, more loving relationship with one another. Learn how to avoid the common relationship problems of criticism, defensiveness, or just drifting apart. Experience Bob and Marlene’s life changing approach, which includes their ability to bring a couple’s perspective to helping other couples. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-charge-to you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW, CHt, LM is a heart-focused psychotherapist who helps couples learn to respect and love each other again after falling out of love and losing their genuine concern and appreciation for each other. Her unique techniques encourage couples to find the value and goodness, not only in each other, but in themselves. Sherry may be reached at 613-236-8852, by email at harris.sherry@ gmail.com. Please check out her website at www.sherryharriscounselling.com. Sherry is available evenings and weekends as well as regular business hours. Insurance receipts covered for most benefit packages are provided.
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. Denise Gaulin, B.A., CST Since the early 1990’s, Denise offers individual CranioSacral Therapy (CST) and SomatoEmotional Release (SER) sessions; she also has a specialization and a vast experience in pediatric CST and Visceral Manipulation (Barral). Denise is a certified CranioSacral therapist and certified teaching assistant for all levels of coursework (Upledger). Tutorials are offered to students of CST and SER. By appointment. Tel. 613-738-9080 WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www. WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, email@example.com, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Light-touch soft tissue and nervous system therapy. Targets dysfunction and honours body’s own intelligence for healing. Also decreases depression, anxiety, stress. Increases range of motion, longevity, quality of life.
• Crystal Consultations DISCOVER WHICH CRYSTALS WILL BENEFIT YOU the most! Enjoy a complimentary crystal consultation with Linda Energy Healer, Tuesdays 7 pm – 9 pm Mambo Restaurant, 77 Clarence St, and on Veggie Wednesdays 7 pm – 9 pm at Kinki Restaurant, 41 York St in the Byward Market. Beautiful healing crystal jewellery also for sale. www.lindaenergyhealer.com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 • Crystal Singing Bowls & Intuitive Voice DEEP SOUL ENERGETICS Pamela Holm. Intuitive voice and Crystal Singing bowls sessions. Group and individual. Music Therapist, Karmic Master. Also DNA/karmic healing. www. PamelaHolm.ca 613-829-1556 pamela_holm@ yahoo.com
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING • Full-time Healing Practice Offering: Crystal Classes and Workshops — Full Crystal Healing Services — Full Shamanic Healing Services including Soul Retrieval, Extractions, Protection and Space Clearing — Crystal Store selling: tumbled stones, rough mineral specimens, clusters, geodes, cut and polished wands, pendulums, eggs, pyramids, obelisks, spheres and a wide variety of jewelry, ceremonial grade plants, smudging supplies, beeswax candles & Himalayan bath salts, Space Clearing, Spirit Crossing and Crystal Gridding of home and business space — Group Healing Circles Karen Osborne is a Crystal Healer and Shamanic Practitioner certified in several modalities. She has been operating her Ottawa based business for almost 10 years. www.ascensionhealing. ca For appointments or more information call or email: 613.798.2828 or karen444osborne@ yahoo.com
• Dance DANCES OF UNIVERSAL PEACE: Join us in simple, meditative multi-cultural circle dances that use sacred phrases from the many sacred traditions of the earth to touch the spiritual essence within ourselves and others. For more information call 613-594-9248, checkour schedule at www.marleneandbob.com or email info@ marleneandbob.com ANJALI ACADEMY, DANCE AND YOGA: Asana Adavu and Mantra: a unique synthesis of yoga postures and Indian temple dance, mudras, facial expressions and tala set to mantras. Also traditional Indian Classical Temple dance classes. www.culturalhorizons.ca gaston@ cyberus.ca 613 745-1368 MOVEMENT ARTS OTTAWA STUDIO, at 111a Rideau, offers classes and a space for bodyaware practices like Contact Improvisation, Body Mind Centering, Authentic Movement, Yoga and Dance, etc. and for moving artists exploring creation. See www.movementartsottawa. blogspot.com
BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com PEACOCK DYNASTY DANCE STUDIO: Specializing in Bollywood, Indian Classical Dance Style-Bharata Natyam, Indian Folk, & Persian/Bollywood Fusion. Please contact Sem at email@example.com or 613-2866484 or visit www.peacockdynasty.com
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification AQUA CHI FOOTBATH, easy+effective detox Rica Gerhardt 613-257-8362 rica11@ sympatico.ca www.wellbeingisyours.com check Spa Days ION CLEANSE” Foot Bath Detox, fast, easy, effective way to detox the body in 30 min. Also offering “CHI MACHINE and FAR INFRARED DOMES’ sessions. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna-Foley 613-8423337 email@example.com OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC.www. ottawawellness.com IONCLEANSETM FOOT BATH with full nutritional support for the ongoing process of detoxing. Nancy 613-596-0260 stonetreehaven@ yahoo.com
• Distance Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER—Highly effective energy healing sessions available distantly for physical & emotional pain such as childhood issues, abuse, grief, divorce, & accidents. Current distance healing clients range from Toronto and Montréal to Australia and Asia. For further info, please visit www.lindaenergyhealer. com email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613868-8468. Serving people & pets. PayPal option
• DNA/Karmic Healing/Sound Healing DEEP SOUL ENERGETICS Refresh the spirit & progress on ascension path through releasing problems at the root, within the DNA, from this and other lifetimes, and throughout the existence of the soul. Intuitive sound work with Crystal Singing bowls & voice with Music Therapist, Karmic Master. www.PamelaHolm.ca 613-829-1556 email@example.com
• Dowsing Ottawa Dowsers, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260 LEARN THE ART OF DOWSING using various tools and techniques. Individual and group classes. Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Doula Death Doula and End-of-Life Shaman, Oneon-one consultations, workshops, mediumship. Trained to aid and support individuals in their dying processes. Debbie Dharbonneau, 613823-0384, www.debbiecharbonneau.ca
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282 DREAM INTERPRETATION: Using Jungian approach and method of working with dreams. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778.
ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique EMOTIONAL, MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL PAIN AND STRESS can lead to physical pain and illness. Life is too short to live with pain of any kind! EFT is an important tool in getting rid of pain - and also in removing the negativity that blocks you from manifesting and attracting the positive and allowing for fullness of self and your divine plan. Tap into emotional freedom - try it on EVERYTHING! Diane Lanthier (613) 2978293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and im-balances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy ENERGY TRANSFORMATIONAL FACILITATOR The Art of Neutrality - sessions available by phone, distance or in person Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858 EXPLORE THE USE OF ARCHETYPAL ENERGY FREQUENCIES to clear-change-enhance patterns-take action rather than reaction. Nancy 613-596-0260
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781.
MARTIN DESLAURIERS – Physical and emotional healing. From injuries to chronic diseases, pain, burnout, grief. Grounding and self-healing group sessions. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www. MartinDeslauriers.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine for healing emotional & physical pain at the root level. In person or distance, people & pets. Please call 613-868-8468, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.lindaenergyhealer.com QUANTUM HEALING -Past Life Regression; Any health issue, Any Question -Dolores Cannon Hypnotherapy Method - Contact Nancy McColl 613-237-4904 email: namccoll@hotmail. com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa. ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified HEALING FROM WITHIN. Energywork and Bodywork through Inner Knowing. Contact Jim Holland at 613-824-1181 THREELIGHTS HEALING INC Experience the amazing healing benefits of integrating your Healing Sessions with messages from your Angels. Private treatments & Classes/ Workshops for all levels. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org
• Energy Kinesiology THOMAS M. TEGTMEYER. Information Medicine Balancing since 1995. For personal bests and gentle transformation through many ways by weaving coherence, focusing awareness, balancing priorities, mapping energy. If distance is a factor, I will come to your house via: E/M: balance@thomasMtegtmeyer.com; Phone: 613.769.5575; SKYPE-video: display: sky_imb; ID: KJI_IMB; ichat; or remote session. By appointment only. http://thomasmtegtmeyer. energyk.org/interview.html www.canask.org/ class_listings.htm www.braingym.org/ www. energybalanceexchange.org/
• Energy Medicine Combining the power of Donna Eden Energy Medicine and Emotional Freedom Technique to release blocks and empower you to step into your magnificence. Catherine McLenaghan, certified Donna Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. Call 613-730-0411. Private sessions and ongoing. classes.www.energywellspring.com
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day course with Debbie Boehlen. Certification available. 905.714.0298 www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit • Jurlique Organic Skin Care. Gayle Mickelson 613.830.5764
• Feldenkrais Method KAREN MEREDITH, Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practioner, www.beyondmovement.ca or 613-761-6200
• Feng Shui BALANCE - HARMONY - ENERGY Enhancing spaces that transform your life. Registered Interior Designer and Certified Feng Shui Consultant. Specializing in Space and Clutter Clearing, Space Planning, Design and Decoration, Colour and Light, Renovation and Construction. Pamela Burns, ARIDO, IDC, Reiki Master (613) 741-4055 CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com FENG SHUI OTTAWA. Maggie Huang, Feng Shui Master practitioner and Consultant, have been providing professional consultations for homes and business-es since 2001, with a proven track record of success. She also offers workshops at East Wind in Westboro in the 4th Saturday of each month. Maggie has studied under Lillian Too, the world’s foremost Feng Shui Master from Asia. She applies her expertise using a combination of traditional and contemporary technique, practical on uplifting and envisioning your life. E-mail: email@example.com, or visit 361Richmond Rd. 613 729-8813
• Feng Shui Workshops PRACTITIONER/FACILITATOR LINDA THERRIEN from Life Health Healing Center provides two workshops. Introduction to Feng Shui with compass and Advanced Feng Shui with crystals both include certificates. Let Feng Shui in your home and in your life help you achieve Harmony, Abundance, Happiness and more. Workshops are held on the third Saturday or Sunday of each month from 1pm to 5pm. Preregistration required. Linda is the founder and teacher of Dimensional Meditation with crystals. Call: 613-824-4548 or visit www.lifehealthhealing.com FAMILY PLANNING CONSULTING using the highly successful Lunar Phase Method. One time fee of $100.00 includes personalized profile and follow up. Nancy at 613-324-4458 or fertility-wheel @hotmail.com. “WOMEN UTILIZING MIND/BODY TECHNIQUES such as hypnosis have a 42 –55% increased rates of conception” Engage the power of your subconscious mind to enhance fertility with hypnotherapy. Visit: www.
empowerhypnosis.ca 613.282.6001 johanna@ empowerhypnosis.ca
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can support you through all phases of life. Gentle release of blocks and patterns, healing of old wounds, assistance with acute or chronic issues. Californian, Pacific and Bach essences. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Foot Orthotics Dr. Jean-FranCois Gauthier B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custom-made foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at email@example.com or www.spineandfoot.com
• Frequencies of Brilliance Christine Follows / CHRYSALIS THERAPIES. Call (613) 523-0640 after 5 p.m. for appt. or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gifts Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gluten Free SOUPE, HÉ! SEASONAL SOUPS -- delicious gluten-free, vegetarian soups and potages finally! Sold in fine food and health food stores in the Outaouais. www.soupehe.com
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hadoscan HADOSCAN Sessions available by phone, distance or in person Contact Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healing From The Core AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, email@example.com, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Tools for whole body presencing, pain and trauma releasing.
• Health and Well-Being Consultant BELINDA ROUSSEL HOWES, Health and Well-Being Consultant, Connecting you with the people and tools for your well-being journey Tel: 613 720-6355; www.wellbeingottawa.com
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Health Kinesiology RICA GERHARDT, Specialized Holistic Health Kinesiologist. Treat causes, not symptoms. Install empowering beliefs. Nutrition. Detox. Private sessions.(Insurance). Workshops. Spa Days www.wellbeingisyours.com 613-257-8362 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Heart Interpreter WOULD YOU LIKE ASSISTANCE SAYING what`s really in your heart and putting it on paper? Support offered for writing greetings, letters and preparing messages to friends, partners, colleagues, family or anyone else you need to communicate with. From $20.00, 1/2 off special until Feb.28, 2012. Contact Cera at (613) 227-4497 or email@example.com
• Herbal Healing JUDY HENRY is a skilled herbal practitioner and healer with 25 years of experience in holistic healing. She combines knowledge, intuition and guidance, as she weaves together the sacred wisdom and spirit of the plants, as well as many ancient & modern healing modalities. Health Coaching program: In-depth Individual coaching, personalized protocols &custom-blended herbal formulas. Single consultations are also available. www.earthmedicine.ca 613- 832-8241
• Herbalism KATHLEEN LEESON RH, is one of two registered Clinical herbalists in the region with the Ontario Herbalists Association, a professional regulating body. We have developed educational standards, a Professional Scope of Practice, a Professional Code of Practice and a Professional Code of Ethics. See www. herbalists.on.ca. I has been studying, working, growing, sharing, teaching, journeying and playing with the plants since 1982. I specialize in the Art and Science of natural healing and am available for one-on-one appointments in downtown Ottawa at (613) 237-1473. I also teach The Wisdom of Plants Herbal Apprenticeship Program (See its Facebook page) starting yearly in May. www.kathleenleeson.ca ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom
created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-612-1181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Herbs JUDY’S ORGANIC HERBS Canada’s favourite source for medicinal herbs & health items. Huge selection of highest-quality organic bulk herbs, tinctures, oils & more including vibrant premium herbs from our gardens. Mailed to your home or office. www.earthmedicine.ca 613-832-8241
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. M. AYUB KHAN, B.A, DHM (UK), HD (Home of affordable, safe and alternative Health care System for acute & chronic diseases) Telephone: (613)746-6248 (R), (613)282-2660 (B) E-mail: email@example.com ELIZABETH WIGGINS, Reg. Hom., -- for your acute and chronic health concerns. I also offer Nutritional Counselling, Life Coaching, Reiki, & The Lifeline Technique (613) 222-6922 or visit www.elizabethwiggins.com MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www. nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328
• Hotstone Healing JOIN HOT STONE ENERGY THERAPIST and Reiki Master Pauline Brown A.N.N. member for the utmost in healing, relaxation, and a wonderful state of well-being. call: 819-684-7885 or visit: www.healinghandswithpauline.ca. Receipts provided and gift certificates available
• Hydromassage Therapy RELAXATION STATION 613-299-1370. Rejuvenating Mind and Body. Become totally relaxed and rejuvenated with the revolutionary (dry) hydro-massage machine called the SpaCapsule. Nobody will touch you, you keep your clothes on and you don’t get wet. Oxygen therapy, aromatherapy, and relaxing music/ video is included. Also used for lymphatic drainage, cellulite reduction and body slimming. Perfect treatment for people with chronic pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and diabetes. www. relaxationstation.ca, email@example.com
• Hypnotherapy RID YOURSELF OF OLD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS. Hypnosis and HypnoAcupuncture. SLEEP despite your partner’s snoring thanks to hypnosis. Weight loss, Drug, Smoking, Sex, Food and Gambling addictions. Age regression to correct decades old influences. Hypnosis by Judy Spence (CH), National Guild of Hypnotists-certified. Ottawa 613-7282579 OR Gatineau: 819-661-1061. 1st session: $100. Subsequent $80. Insurance receipts. www.naetottawa.com FOR WEIGHT LOSS, TO STOP SMOKING, confidence and much more. Lynne Cardinal NGH certified. (613) 721-7888 or www.kaivalya. ca Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819918-6670 www.martinebrisson.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com MOIRA HUTCHISON CTACC DHP Acc. Hyp.: With a blend of Hypnotherapy and Coaching, the focus is placed upon what YOU want and together we make it happen in the right way for you (613) 432-1239 www.WellnessWithMoira. com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. SOUL INTEGRATED HYPNOTHERAPIST. “You are already perfect. You have everything you need… you just don’t see it yet!” Shelley G. Rector. Contact Shelley to discover your soul’s perfection. 613-857-6674 shelley@ shelleyrector.com All calls & appointments are held in the strictest of confidence. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE? Do you need help doing it? Holistic hypnosis guides you to your unique solutions and a better life! Priscilla Corcoran, Radiant Changes, in west end at Vitallife (613) 798-9994; east end at (613)859-3902, www.radiantchanges.com
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day course with Debbie Boehlen, Certification available. 905.714.0298 www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth. com Experience the rejuvenating power of REIKI & INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE (IHM) with Juane, Reiki Master and IHM Certified Practitioner Available Thurs., Fri. & Sat. at Classy Nails & Spa Inc., 260 Centrum Boulevard. 613-834-9922 $40/60 minutes, $25/30 minutes.
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin THE PURPLE LOTUS www.thepurplelotus.ca. The very latest in portable far infrared saunas, in the comfort of your own home. Our BioDomes are easy to set up and provide numerous health benefits. Excellent value, especially in households with multiple users! Call 613 795 1970.
• Intuitive Life Coach HELPING GUIDE YOU to live your best life! Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com THREELIGHTS HEALING INC I am a Certified Intuitive Life Coach/Usui Reiki Master-Teacher/Magnified Healer/Certified Angel Therapy Practitioner/Clairvoyant Medium. Take control of your Life now. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org SHARRON A. COSGROVE MPM PC - Personal Life and Business Coaching -a powerful partner to help you achieve greater levels of success, happiness and fulfillment. Have a big dream, want to get to the next level on your journey, come work with an experienced professional, interested in your success. www.sharroncosgrove.com 613 850-3980
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 lbaird@ istar.ca
• Intuitive Psychic Readings LINDA THERRIEN World Known Medium Clairvoyant. Using Crystals, Chinese Astrology and Channeling Cards, my Readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and Spiritual Healing. I am accurate, dependable and gifted. I am Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, Past Life Regression Channeling Facilitator and a Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner. (613-824-4548) www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca MOIRA HUTCHISON CTACC DHP Acc. Hyp.: Connect to your Higher Self and your Inner Wisdom. For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. On-line, by phone and in person (613) 432-1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com ENJOY, LAUGH, GROW, discover, develop self-understanding, raise your consciousness, balance your body, mind, heart and spirit. An intuitive reading or counseling session can be the additional support you need to bring balance and greater happiness into your life. Over the phone or in person! Choose the type of session that suits you. An amazing journey begins again, in this moment…visit www.intuitivelight. com 613-261-9128 Cheryl FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS, JENNIFER CLARK has been a powerful Intuitive guide offering you insight about your spirit guides and helpers offering you divine direction and guidance. Visit www.jenniferclark.ca or call 613.297.2850 GAIN INSIGHT, Guidance, Clarity, Direction, Validation and more. Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-0705
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756. EVELYNE LEMIEUX-NAULT, Accredited Journey Practitioner/Visionary Leadership Coach. Address the root cause of emotional and physical issues. Open to the wisdom, freedom and love within yourself. English and French. 613-824-3368. evelyne.lemieux-nault@rogers. com
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Kinesiology CHECK Health Kinesiology / Rica Gerhardt
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We
also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www. stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org QUIET GARDEN, includes an 11 circuit replica of Chartres Labyrinth. St. John’s Anglican Church, Richmond, 65 Fowler St. 838-6075. http://members.eisa.com/~ec088706/ ARCHETYPAL DOUBLE ENERGY LABYRINTH learn the benefits and processes to utilize the emanating energy from two and three dimensional double labyrinths. Nancy 613-596-0260
• Laughter/Happiness Coaching WWW.LAUGHWITHME.CA LAUGHTER is the best medicine! Learn the skills to make yourself HAPPY! For individuals, groups, work places, clubs EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE HAPPY! Contact Suzi 613-878-4235 or laughwithme@ rogers.com
• Life Between Lives This is the space between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-9186670 www.martinebrisson.com
• LifeLine Technique ELIZABETH WIGGINS, Certified Lifeline Practitioner. The Lifeline Technique changes lives. Let me help you change yours. Any symptom can be addressed. For real change, call 613-222-6922 or visit www.elizabethwiggins. com MASTERY UNLIMITED The LifeLine Technique™ offers you the opportunity to view symptoms of Pain, Fear, and Challenges as gifts for self-healing using the power of Infinite Love and Gratitude. To learn more visit: www.masteryunlimited.ca and call Graham Wiseman: 819-483-0667 email: graham@ masteryunlimited.ca or Judy MacLeod: 613-8507780 email: email@example.com
• Lifestyle Wellness THE ZEN FOR YOU HOLISTIC APPROACH to health combines nutrition and lifestyle counseling, bodywork and yoga packages tailored to your body’s true needs. Zen for You stresses the importance of identifying the client’s lifestyle issues and trains/teaches them to connect
better with themselves and acquire a more positive and healing attitude towards a healthier, fitter and balanced life. To know more Zen for You ervices and programs please visit www. zenforyou.ca
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
• Lymphatic VODDER METHOD. Effective treatment for acute & chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM, RN. 613-728-2579 www.naetottawa.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Lymph drainage (Vodder), Reflexology, Shiatsu, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Magnetic Resonance Stimulation A UNIQUE AND EFFECTIVE APPROACH TO WELLNESS! Energize your cells with natural frequencies. Complimentary session available with the new iMRS. Exceptional business opportunity for spas and clinics. Anne Riopelle 613-744-5679 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. SAGE WELLNESS, 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Swedish Massage, Sports, Prenatal, Myofascial, Bowen
• Massage Therapy LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS Effective treatment of many chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM RN. 613-7282579 www.naetottawa.com CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca JENNIFER PRESLEY, RMT. Treatment & relaxation, deep tissue, craniosacral, Reiki. Injuries, pregnancy, migraine TMJ. Vibrant Health, 20 James St., Top Fl. 613-237-4400 www.vibranthealthmassage.ca
Lori MacKay RMT, CAMA – Feeling stress, pain, or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Receipts issued. 2 Convenient locations: 418 Rideau St. Please Call (613)-241-3434. Please call: (613)-727-7246 For More Info Contact Lori at email@example.com or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY, Registered Massage Therapists providing care for pain and injury, wellness and relaxation. Deep tissue, TMJ, myofascial, sports, pre/ post natal, lymphatic, hot stone, and more. Convenient downtown location near the Queensway, free parking, online booking, buy gift certificates online. 504 Kent Street (at Arlington). Please call 613-222-0465 or visit bodypoets.com. Enjoy your healthy body! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmcrmt.com RE - SELF - ING, a Journey to Wholeness, orthotherapie, swedish massage, reiki. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna 613842-3337 firstname.lastname@example.org NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca SCENT FREE MASSAGE – Marie Bonselaar, RMT. Relaxation and therapeutic. Insurance receipts provided. Greenboro/South Keys (613) 736-9229 www.scentfreemassage.com YONG KAI, RMT, Registered Massage Therapist. Stress & Tension, Back & Neck Pain, Stress & Tension, Muscle Strains, Headaches & Migraines, Sciatica, Tendonitis, Sport Injuries (613) 435-6988, cell (613) 852-4852. Insurance Accepted. email@example.com MULLER TECHNIQUE FOR MIND BODY CORRECTION. Expert Nurse, Mind Body Rehabilitation Therapist, Sonja Muller, R.N., White Wind Clinic Ottawa 613 795-4583
• Matrix Energetics MATRIX ENERGETICS - Facilitator in the Art of Transformation Certified Practitioner since 2007 sessions available by phone, distance or in person Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Medical Intuitive JJ WALDEN - Over 30 years experience. Energy Medicine, Energy Readings, Counselling, Past Life, Diet 4 Blood Type, Brain Gym, Bodywork, Aroma-Touch, Ear Candling. Find and resolve the source(s) of your issues to enable healing. Office and phone appointments. 613-273 -7507 www.TheRanchRetreat.ca
MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www. VisionofSpirit.com. Medical Intuitive, Medium, Spiritual and Emotional Counsellor. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Colour healing. Teaches intuitition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary, environment or inherent factors that may endure. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul. com KNOW ROOTS OF ILLNESS; Shift; Change; Heal. Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly (see Daily Listings) to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613841-2894 or christianmeditation2011-ottawa@ yahoo.ca or consult www.meditatio.ca. COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Tantra Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations given by Chris Simmonds including, chakra awareness, and Sahaj Meditation techniques in the Tantra tradition. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613730-2622 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION (TM) — A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing followup. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See www.doctorsontm.com or www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@maharishi.ca DYNAMIC MEDITATION. Learn the lifechanging techniques of deep mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace and wellbeing. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion, development of chakras. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; email@example.com. OTTAWA DHARMA PUNX is a peer-led meditation group. We offer a casual space to meditate in community, explore Buddhist teachings, and share personal experience. Meet 3:30 Sundays at 57 Lyndale, Hintonburgh. 25 minute meditation starts at 3:45 pm and discussion after, bring your own cushion. dharmapunxottawa@hotmail. com
THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. firstname.lastname@example.org 1 800 226 4428 GROUNDING AND SELF-HEALING group sessions. Emotion integration and transmutation. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers. com DOROTHY ALLEMANG offers Sonic Meditations For You. Four guided meditations for relaxation and healing. Gongs, crystal bowls, waterphone and ocean drum enhance the deep meditative state. Music by Johannes Welsch. www.sonicmeditationsforyou.com or phone 613-864-3520 MEDITATION CLASSES: Explore great philosophical traditions and various meditation techniques. Contact us at (613) 721-7888 or www.kaivalya.ca A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: email@example.com or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org LEARN TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES that will bring the meditative process into daily living... ISUL method...Nancy 613-596-0260
• Meditation on CD JENNIFER BERNIUS guides you through 5 soothing and inspiring meditations to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. This CD, Into the Silence, with gorgeous musical accompaniment, will revitalize your daily meditation practice, helping to open your chakras and awakening you to the healing power of light. Cost: $20. 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com
• Mind Kinetics ANNY TENBULT coaches physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually to groups or individuals. Science has proven that habits and behaviors’ will only change if there is a physiological shift in our thinking cells. Mind Kineticsª means putting the brain into action. Call Anny @613-745-1274 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.powerfocuscoaching.com
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
• Music & Meditation FOR CHILDREN & TEENS, including those with autism, emotional challenges; adults for
personal growth & healing, palliative care, with Pamela Holm, Accredited Music Therapist and healing intuitive. 613-829-1556, pamela_holm@ yahoo.com, www.PamelaHolm.ca
• N.A.E.T. ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Natural Foods SOL NATURAL FOODS. 186 Ave de la Colline, Aylmer, QC. 684-0512. WHEAT BERRY. 206 Main St. 235-7580.
• Naturopathic doctors ANN LAWRENCE BSc, ND Licensed & Registered Naturopathic Doctor in Ontario. We offer services for the whole family! Bowen Therapy, chronic or adrenal fatigue, pediatrics, ear infections, women’s & men’s health, fertility, menopause, diabetes, allergies, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, weight loss, digestive disorders, heavy metal testing, detoxification and STRESS! Covered by extended health insurance plans. The Dragonfly Family Health Centre @ 171 Old Colony Rd. in Kanata Free parking and extended hours available.(613) 831-2661 www.dragonflynaturopathy. com, www.kanatanaturopath.ca
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 300 Preston St. 613-728-9100, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Non-Violent Communication COMPASSIONATE COMMUNICATION Non Violent Communication is a communication model developed by Marshall Rosenberg to provide a means for families, colleagues, neighbours and everyone everywhere who wants to have more meaningful relationships in their lives to focus on the feelings and needs as a way to remove the pain and aggravation from our communications. I will be offering a 3 hour per month 12-month support group for learning.
practicing, and sharing about our experiences with Marshall’s work as we spend this time together. Beginning in September, we will come together to begin this process, and then have an experienced instructor spend a weekend with us, as we move forward leaning and feeling how amazing it is when we have the skill set to create more meaning, and less pain in our lives. Information from Aileen’s Oasis, Aileen McKenna. www.aileensoasis.com or 613-2282272, by cell at 613-795-3751 or toll free at 1-866-493-0236
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. email@example.com; (613) 842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. DILEEP KORAH, BSc, BEd, ND. Classical osteopathy. Naturally treating the cause of pain and imbalance in order to re-establish optimal health. 200-2211 Riverside Dr. 613-521-5355
• Past Life and Spiritual Journeys ALLAN GREEN, Master Past Life and Spiritual Journey Facilitator since 1982. Has the ability to see what you see and to feel what you feel. Eliminate Fears, Blockages, Pain from Past Life wounds. Find your Mission/Purpose. Meet Spirit Guides. Talk with People crossed over. Clear up people issues, that holds you back. www.allangreen.ca firstname.lastname@example.org 1-877-213-7576.
• Physiotherapy MELANIE MAINVILLE RPT, CAFCI. Offering an integrative practice which weaves traditional orthopedic physiotherapy with craniosacral therapy, somato-emotional release and
acupuncture. Gently guiding self-correction of the nervous system to facilitate maximal recovery from injury and chronic ailments. Covered by most extended health care plans. By appointment 613-407-3449. www.iahp. com/MelanieMainville
• Pranic Healing NO-TOUCH HEALING that works on the energy body (the blueprint of the physical body). Treats physical injuries & diseases, emotional, & mental ailments. (Broken bones, migraines, poor vision, liver disease, muscle pain, general fatigue, stress, anger, PTSD, neurological disorders, etc. as well as blocks to career, relationships, & financial success, and for maintenance of good health. The list is endless.) Email or call Faye Healey to book a session: email@example.com, 613-282-0801. Visit pranichealingontario.ca
• Qigong LAMAS QI GONG exercise classes are held at 2 locations - McNabb Community Centre at 180 Percy St. (Sat. 9:20-10:15 am) and Plant Recreation Centre at 930 Somerset St. W. Thurs. 8:00-9:00 pm & Sat. 10:30-11:30 am). The classes are led by Master Philip Lai (a certified naturopath therapist) who has 30 years of experience teaching Qi Gong, Kung Fu and traditional Chinese medicine and associates. Qi Gong helps to reduce your stress, control pain and allergies, strengthen your self-healing ability and increase your energy level. Training to become a certified instructor, as well as private training and consultation sessions, are also available. For more information, contact Catherine at 613-737-0553 or visit www.lamasqigongcanada.com CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:15-10:45am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@gmail.com NIANLI Mind Power Healing (Taiji Five Element Self Recovery System): ancient Chinese meditative qigong by Master Binhui He. No steps to remember. Teaching individually or in small groups. For information: www.nianli.ca or info@ nianli.ca or call Katherine 613-828-3236
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Radio OTTAWA’S ONLY SPIRITUAL TALK SHOW “The Namaste Show: Good News For A Change” on CKCU FM 93.1 or www.ckcufm. com Tuesdays from 12:00pm to 1:00pm EST airing live since 2001.
• Raw Foods & Hemp EAT RAW, CREATE HEALTH. Share Raw, Create Wealth! Try our hemp Pulse, 26 raw and clean whole foods in one sacred geometry, tasty treat! www.healthy-income.ca.
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. Gift Certificates available. patriciavlacroix@sympatico. ca For additional info: www.TheReconnection.com JACKIE LOGSDAIL, RECONNECTIVE HEALING PRACTIONER, and Reconnection™. Allow the universe to give you an energy healing through the mind, body or spirit. For an appointment or information call 613-440-1204 or email, email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practionner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com ROBBIN ZRUDLO, Reconnective Healing™, Personal Reconnection™, and certified Reconnective Animals™ practitioner. Experience Light and Information Healing. 613263-2554 to book an appointment or visit www. healandevolve.ca
• Reflexology Valcron Reflexology - the healing touch providing holistic reflexology to clients for over 13 years. Home-based practice in Orleans. Hospital, retirement & nursing home visits provided. RAC certified reflexologist, RN, SCM, MA, CCRP. For more information contact valerie cronin at 613 837 9435 firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-255-7934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology, Shiatsu, Lymph drainage, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca DEB DESJARDINS 613-435-2100. Homebased in Kanata. angelwingreflexology.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners
and students of Reflexology. Contact: www. ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL – RCRT – Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com ENJOY AN HOUR OF HEAD, FEET & HANDS REFLEXOLOGY. Great for stress, relaxation and general well-being. Nancy 613-596-0260
• Reiki VISION REIKI- CATHERINE BASTEDO Holographic-Usui Reiki Master. Personalized Reiki classes in English or French; individual sessions, daytime/week ends. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www. visionreiki.com. email@example.com Call 819-778-2590 RAINBOW OASIS: Usiu Master / Teacher / Practitioner. Experience the natural healing, relaxing and balancing effect of Reiki Energy. For personalized sessions, contact Dianne at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-733-9481 LIFE HEALTH HEALING CENTER Linda Therrien, Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master/ Teacher. Weekly classes and treatment sessions. Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, weekly private classes. Call: 613-824-4548 www.lifehealthhealing.com MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master/ Teacher. USUI system of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Spiritual and Emotional Counsellor. Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/Soul Intuitive. Past-life Information. Colour healing. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www. WindowtotheSoul.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com iHealing Connection: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com REIKI EXCHANGE/HEALING GROUP is held every Thursday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for World Peace, situationsand individuals. Those who wish toparticipate or have requests, please call Vera or Pesi at (613) 829-0224 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org BRING BALANCE BACK INTO YOUR LIFE. Melt away stress. Nurture your soul. Reiki is an ancient alternative therapy used in the treatment of many conditions. Reiki will balance the chakras and eliminate blockages to help you reach the road to full health. Call today and begin the journey to healing. Elsy David, RP, IARP tel: 613-798-6865 or www.samsarareiki.com
REIKI MASTER: I have been trained in the Usui method and have been practicing since 1989. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 WHAT A JOURNEY! Discover the great gift of Reiki! It is there…waiting to be expressed through you! Private training is available or come with a friend. All levels. www.intuitivelight. com 613-261-9128 Cheryl HEALING HANDS FOR THE BODY AND SOUL JOIN USUI REIKI Practitioner Pauline Brown, for a 90 minute combination Reiki treatment and relaxation massage for $50.00 or 90 minute combination Reiki treatment with a Hot Stone Massage for $75.00. Taking time to pamper yourself today, makes for a better tomorrow! Call: 613-858-0039, 819-684-7885 or email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing. com ANNA GREEN, MA - SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – www.spiritwell.ca - 613-729-2775. Bodycentered Process Work, Spiritual Care, Reiki & Training, Chakras, Aromatherapy, Bach Remedies, Muscle testing, SET, EFT, Meridians/ Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime - Civic Hospital Area. BRING BALANCE BACK INTO YOUR LIFE. Reiki is an ancient alternative therapy used in the treatment of many conditions. Reiki will balance the chakras and eliminate blockages to help you attain the road to full health. Call today and begin the journey to healing. Elsy David, RP, IARP tel: 613-798-6865 or www.samsarareiki.com UNIVERSAL LIFE FORCE-MASTER REIKI CLASSES 3 in 1 based on Usui Method...individual and small classes. Nancy 613-596-0260
• Restorative Yoga RESTORATIVE YOGA. Are you challenged by everyday stress, limited mobility, suffering from chronic fatigue or recovering from illness or injury? Although the principles are the same as in classic yoga (moving the spine in all directions), the practice is different. Here the body is fully supported by bolsters, blankets, straps, blocks and eye pillows. Come and experience ‘active relaxation’ and be guided into a deep state of bliss! Two group classes to choose from at Surround Circle Yoga: Tuesday evenings 7:30 – 9:00pm & Friday afternoons 2:00 – 3:30pm. www.surroundcircleyoga.com * 613-730-6649 PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats THE RANCH RETREAT - Appointments and custom retreats for individuals and small groups. Beautiful 65 acres on the Canadian Shield provides a tranquil and personalised setting for those dedicated to their healing / spiritual growth journey(s). Meditation, Medical Intuition, Energy Medicine, Counselling, Bodywork, Brain Gym, Diet 4 Blood Type etc. Located near the scenic village of Westport, ON. 613-273 -7507 www.TheRanchRetreat.ca TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com BEAUTIFUL LOG CABIN by a pond in a wooded area, private, ideal for retreat or peaceful getaway. Located near Killaloe, close to Algonquin Park. For rent all seasons call 613625-2200. www.lindenpondcottage.com THE GODDESS & THE GREEN MAN CYRSTAL EARTH RETREAT - ALLAN & CATHRYN GREEN Personal customized Uplevelling Retreats for people using our services, on the Canadian Shield in OMPAH, 45 minutes North West of Perth. www.allangreen.ca www. cathryngreen.ca www.crystalearthhealingspa. com 613-479-0299 ascensionportal@xplornet. com email@example.com RADIANT PINES ECO-CABIN RETREAT - Lanark Highlands! Runs on solar energy; located on 23 acres of tranquil woodlands. Sleeps 4; open year round. BodyTalk Energy Medicine and possible yoga sessions. www. lorihollohan.com
• Rolfing JULIA BERG, Certified Rolfer and Rolf Movement Practitioner. 69 Holland Avenue, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 0X9. (c) 613-894-3663.
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Schools THE 8TH FIRE - School for professional training and development in Algonquin Medicine Work (Shamanism), Spiritual Healing, and Energy Medicine. 2.5 year professional training program and certificate offered, among the most comprehensive Medicine Work Training programs in the world, taught by a Traditional Algonquin Medicine Person. Phone 613) 274-3708 or
• Shamanism ALGONQUIN MEDICINE MAN - Spiritual Healing & Energy Medicine, offering a comprehensive listing of services and ceremonies to help facilitate healings on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. Traditionally trained Algonquin Healer available at (613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com. JENNIFER CLARK has completed the 2 year program with the 8th Fire School of Shamanism and combines her shamanism training with her other healing expertise to offer you safe inner healing experiences. Awaken your destiny and live the life you were meant to live. Space clearing also available. Visit www.jenniferclark.ca or call 613.297.2850 KATHLEEN LEESON RH, is a Shamanic Healer and Clinical Herbalist, since 1995 treating physical and energetic-based problems. I offer Shamanic processes in order to alter unwanted experiences or memories at the root of disease. If needed, we may do Extraction, Soul Retrieval or other types of repair work to restore balance. I also design appropriate light-and life-filled botanical formulations for your health, if needed. I am available for one-on-one appointments in downtown Ottawa at 613-237-1473. I also offer the Wisdom and Happiness Program: Fulfilling Your Life’s Purpose, in order to aid soul growth. Visit www.kathleenleeson.ca Facebook: Kathleen Leeson RH ASCENSION HEALING — Full Shamanic Healing Services including Soul and Power Retrieval, Extractions, Protection, Journeying, and Space Clearing — Smudging Supplies — Karen Osborne is a full-time Crystal Healer and Shamanic Practitioner certified in several modalities. She has been operating her Ottawa based business for almost 10 years. www.ascensionhealing.ca, 613.798.2828 or karen444osborne@ yahoo.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER. Combining natural healing & intuitive gifts along with 8th Fire School of Algonquin Shamanism training, my healing sessions clear emotional & physical pain from childhood issues, abuse, anxiety, grief, divorce & accidents at the root level. In person or distance with clients worldwide. Serving people & pets. Please call 613-868-8468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www. lindaenergyhealer.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu, Reflexology, Lymph drainage, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care Natural bodycare by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
DIRECTORY JURLIQUE - The Purest Skin Care on Earth Organic, Biodynamic, Australian. Holistically formulated, preserving the life force and vibration of natural herbs, enhancing potency to rejuvenate your skin. Luscious aromas. Gayle Mickelson 830-5764
• Soul Integrated Hypnotherapist “YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED… YOU JUST DON’T SEE IT YET!” Shelley G. Rector. Contact Shelley now to create the life you want. 613-857-6674 shelley@ shelleyrector.com All calls & appointments are held in the strictest of confidence.
• Spa Days HEALING SPA DAYS with Rica Gerhardt incl. Aqua Chi Detox footbath. 613-257-8362 www. wellbeingisyours.com
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices., reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. email@example.com 613-820-8850. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM CODEPENDENCE. Your guide and spiritual counsellor, Deanna Rutherford, invites you to call for a consultation – 613-829-9102
• Spiritual Medium FIND OUT HOW LOVED ONES ARE DOING on the other side and more. Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com
• Stress Management COUNSELLING AND LIFE COACHING: 819455-2397; www.waterfrontwellness.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www. inspiritworks.com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850
• Tai Chi Weekly Tai Chi (Yang style) classes at PranaShanti (PS) Yoga Centre. Every Wednesday night from 7-8:30pm. Suited for both beginner and intermediate practicitioners. For more info call Jurgen Portz at 613-721-7888 or PS at 613-761-9642
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, personalreadings@gmail. com TAROT CARD consultant/educator/entertainer. This time-honoured art enhances the understanding of life’s mysteries with integrity. Perk: readings are notoreous for bringing happy tears and smiles! Individual/group consultations; lectures; workshops and private tutoring available. Gift certificates. Katherine is back! (613) 421-0743 TAROT INTERPRETATION BY SUZANNE DUC. Private consultation and party readings available. Home page at www.facebook.com/sdtarot. Contact (613) 841-2597 or suzanne.duc1@ gmail.com to arrange an appointment.
• TFT A NON-INVASIVE, DRUG-FREE simple therapy, to resolve once and for all problems of: Grief, anger, anxiety, phobias, traumas, fears of all kind, love pain, depression and much more. Phone Pauline Natural Health Consultant 613-446-4434
• Thai Massage Lori MacKay RMT, CAMA - Looking for a way to reduce stress and relax? Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. Convenient downtown location: 418 Rideau St. Please Call (613)-241-3434. For More Info Contact Lori at email@example.com or www.lorirmt.ca
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation, effective pain relief, supports healing on any level. For acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will also treat animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNORecognized Practitioner, 613-820-4303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Therapeutic yoga THERAPEUTIC YOGA. If you have hips, shoulders or knees that prevent you from doing things you used to do; if you are suffering with pain that won’t simply go away; if you are an athlete with a desire to improve your personal performance; or if you simply want to learn how to move better and get on with your life in a healthier more fluid way ~ this form of yoga is for you! Improving mobility, flexibility, increasing stability and strength in the body are the focus of these private Therapeutic Yoga sessions. Call Maureen Fallis for a free consultation. www.surroundcircleyoga.com * 613-730-6649
yogaTHRIVE© is a Therapeutic Yoga program designed specifically for people (men & women) who have an experience with cancer (on & off treatment). This gentle style of yoga, offered weekly on a drop-in basis, will help improve body mechanics, breathing, ease, flexibility and strength. www.surroundcircleyoga.com * 613-730-6649
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at email@example.com
• Vegetarian Cooking and Catering VEGETARIAN, SUGAR-FREE AND GLUTENFREE FOODS, Made Locally In Ottawa. Catering For Home/offices. Wholesale For Health/Good Food Stores And Cafes. www.vegetariantreasures.com 613-241-4822.
• Visceral Manipulation Denise Gaulin, B.A., CST offers visceral manipulation sessions for adults, children and infants. She is a certified CranioSacral therapist and has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appointment. Tel. 613-738-9080 AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613697-5644. Receipts available. Gentle hands-on abdominal treatment dialogues with body’s proprioceptive awareness, facilitating physical and emotional trauma release. Improves structure and function. Complements conscious eating, exercise and supplementation for optimal health.
• Visionary Art SPIRITPAINTING® – using the Lightwolf method. Offering workshops, exhibitions, books, reproductions, and originals on paper and larger pieces on canvas. Commissioned spiritpaintings® and readings are also available. For more information contact: Jen 613-266-8063 email@example.com or see www. spiritpainting.com
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-236-5758.
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; email@example.com; www. revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO ‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Weight Management IDEAL PROTEIN WEIGHT LOSS METHODDOWNTOWN OTTAWA. Quick & healthy protocol with proven long-lasting results. One-on-one coaching helps you reach your goal & teaches you how to keep the weight off forever. Marilee Kennedy, Coach. James St. Wellness Centre. 613-898-3937. marileekennedycoaching@gmail. com. www.idealprotein.com LOVE YOUR BODY WORKSHOP ~ discover the power of proven hypnosis techniques to easily re-pattern your thoughts, beliefs, habits about food, your body & yourself. Imagine what it would feel like to make friends with your body - forever. Visit: www.empowerhypnosis.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, firstname.lastname@example.org and www.aileensoasis.com. Check out www.planetbotanix.com for a full listing of upcoming workshops/certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
KERRY PALFRAMAN RN offers a wide variety of esoteric, metaphysical, spiritual and personal growth topics, including: angels, spirit guides, past lives, intuition, dreams, chakras, your soul’s purpose and much more. www.indigodreamer.com
• Yoga ASTANGA YOGA OTTAWA Traditional Astanga Vinyasa Yoga as taught in Mysore, south India. 200-1/2 Bank Street Ottawa 613-722-6860 astangaottawa.com HEALING YOGA, GENTLE YOGAª: For those seeking healing postures, peaceful meditation, flexibility and inner balance, an intimate class environment, and the healing vibration of the Symphonic Gong. 10-week packages available. To reserve, call: Wendy Saunders, Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher and Certified Kundalini and Yin Yoga Instructor, 613-435-0750, email@example.com, Stittsville. MOUNTAINGOAT YOGA CENTRES serving Nepean and Kanata. Over 25 classes per week. Hot Power, Hatha, Yin, Prenatal, Basics and All Levels. Workshops and teacher trainings. Start today. www.mountaingoatyoga.com SURROUND CIRCLE YOGA A delightful place to practice and receive the healing benefits of YOGA! Classes are small enough for individual attention and diverse enough for all levels of fitness and abilities. New students are always welcome. We offer a variety of classes on a drop-in basis: from a slower-paced gentle class to a more challenging flow-style of vinyasa yoga. We specialize in classes that are aimed at restoring the body and refreshing the soul. Private instruction for Therapeutic Yoga and Shiatsu & Lymphatic Massage are available by appointment. www.surroundcircleyoga.com *613-730-6649. PRANASHANTI YOGA CENTRE A clean, fresh, beautiful and healing environment for your Yoga practice. PranaShanti offers one of the largest selections of yoga classes in Ottawa. Located near the Parkdale Market, 52 Armstrong St., PranaShanti offers over 70 yoga classes and workshops per week: Anahata, Ashtanga, Children’s, Dharana, Flow, Gong Meditations, Hatha, Hot, Hot 26, Kundalini, Meditation, Power, Pre-natal, Yin, Yang, Yoga Basics, specialty workshops, Hatha and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Programs and more. Featuring an eco-friendly professionally designed environment with 3 large yoga rooms, spa-like change rooms with ample showers, yogi tea/juice bar, full service boutique for all your yoga lifestyle needs, over 100 free parking spaces and easy bus access. Complimentary tea served all day, every day. Relax, take your time, leave feeling renewed. Drop in for a visit. Free eNewsletter, 613.761.9642 (YOGA) www. pranashanti.com RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE. www.ottawayoga.com/ 342 Gladstone Ave 613.234.7974. We have been providing yoga classes in a beautiful and nurturing environment
since 1994. Choose from over 100 drop-in classes per week, plus several weekly workshops and a diversity of yoga teacher training opportunities. Practice the following styles of yoga: Ashtanga, Baptiste, Baby & Mom, Bikram, Hatha, Hot, Kripalu, Kundalini, Power, Prenatal, Sivananda, SOMA, Therapeutic, Vinyasa Flow, Yin, Yin/Yang and Yoga Nidra. The Rama Lotus Yoga Centre is one of the largest studios in Canada. There are 4 spacious yoga rooms, and seven changing rooms for your comfort. It is our pleasure to serve you tea in our dedicated community space. Our boutique offers a full line of yoga accessories, yoga clothing, related books, DVDs, CDs, meditation props, jewelry, snacks and other lifestyle items. We offer yoga with the intention of uplifting the global community. We invite you to become part of the Rama Lotus Yoga Centre! RADHA YOGA CENTRE, www.radha.org/ 617 Cooper St. at Bay/ 613.236.3545. Hatha, Kundalini, Dream Yoga, Noon Meditation, Hatha Yoga and Reflection, weekly Satsang, Monthly Karma Yoga, fall workshop: Discover Yourself through Karma Yoga. ADI SHAKTI YOGA CENTRE IN ORLÉANS/ OTTAWA EAST serving with gratitude since 2003. Director/Owner: Lise Ram Das Latulippe. Specializing in KUNDALINI Yoga: humanity’s most ancient yoga. Begin. & Interm. drop-in classes of uplifting, fun & highly informative Kundalini Yoga taught by professionally certified teachers. Enjoy our healing ambiance, heavenly music, a cup of tea & community spirit. Private classes; Personalized HealthLongevity-Vitality Program; Yogic Numerology readings; professional Nutrition & Homeopathic consultations; Reiki treatments & training; Vedic cooking classes; Yogic workshops; Annual Women’s Yoga Retreats; Concerts; Gong relaxation evenings; Pre-natal friendly yoga; Sunrise Kundalini Sadhana; Eng. & French classes; Books, CDs, DVDs, soaps, teas, mats, clothes. We are the Yoga gem of Ottawa East - Come Feel Great... One Breath at a Time! 1445-A Youville Drive, 2nd Fl., Orléans. www. AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com Call 613 824-9189. Free Report on-line. Sadhana monthly; Bhangra dance classes; English & French classes; Yoga books, CDs & DVDs; Bath products; Yoga mats/ bags. The Yoga Gem of Ottawa East. www. AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com Call 613 824-9189 SHANTI YOGA - Infinite time and no ambition; based on the work of Vanda Scaravelli, Shanti yoga is a process of reverent awareness, making strong connection with the earth, following the natural breath and allowing the body to release in it’s own wisdom. Beginner, Intermediate and Prenatal classes at Santosha Westboro (235-5378) and Dovercourt (798-8950). Anne Pitman, Namaste and Yoga Alliance certified. www.annesyoga.com SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa)as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work,
warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. YOGA & TEA STUDIO. LOCATED ON 10 ACRES OF LAND in the beautiful village of Carp. Offering over 20 classes a week, located in West Carleton and conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Gentle, Power, Nia Dance, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Family Yoga and more! Monthly Gong meditations, Laughter Yoga, workshops and special events. Come experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Complimentary tea and cookies after each class as part of our country charm! Beautiful drive, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-304-6320, www. yogaandtea.com PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www. pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Yoga Party (Private) IMAGINE HAVING A YOGA CLASS DESIGNED JUST FOR YOU and your friends. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it? Whether you need or want to s-t-r-e-t-c-h your body or bring a sense of ease and calm to your mind, whatever you desire, whatever you need ~ you will surely receive! To arrange a private yoga party call Maureen Fallis 613-730-6649. www.surroundcircleyoga.com
CLASSIFIEDS • For Rent ROOM FOR RENT in house near Bayshore. Shared bathroom. $575. 613-828-2836. OFFICE SPACE AVAILABLE in Riverside Health Centre. Excellent rate and wonderful co-workers. Located at Bank & Riverside. Dina 613-526-1255 for more info. STUDIO/ OFFICE SPACE AVAILABLE in lovely home near Queen Mary and Vanier pky. 120 sqft, private entrance & powder room. $360.00/ monthly includes internet, & utilities. Quiet, modern, healthy, space with excellent air quality and energy. Please call 613-745-6627 to view.
LOOKING FOR AN INDEPENDENTLY MINDED PERSON needing a safe haven to pursue a project of passion (writing, painting, research...) I would offer you room, board and a reasonable stipend in exchange for a few hours of your time daily in helping me care for my handicapped husband. Essentially, I need assistance when moving him to and from his wheelchair and adjusting his position in bed, about 6 times a day. Our home is comfortable and situated in a quiet neighbourhood in eastern Ottawa near a library, a pool and shopping centres. You would have your own private space (a bedroom and a small studio) and lots of freedom and time to finally pursue that project you hold dear. If interested, please call to set up a meeting. Jeannette & Neil: 613-842-8270
• For sale: REBOUNDER FOR SALE. Never used. Was $595; will sell for best offer over $250. Please call 613-726-9002.
Seldom used portable massage table with head rest. Excellent condition. Asking $170.00. Phone 613-733-3033
• Looking for...
Calling all DYNAMIND and SILVA MIND CONTROL GRADUATES. Looking for a tuneup? contact Nita Bradley @ 613-828-2525 or: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Zenith Omega CATHRYN GREEN Dissolves Emotional, Mental, Physical Blocks, Quickly, Precisely, Directly. Long Distance Available. For Teaching or Clearings email@example.com 613-479-0299 www.cathryngreen.ca
Fresh Raw Farm Milk In Canada
LIVE-IN HELP WANTED
o you believe that Canadians should have the last say in what foods they choose to provide to their families? Whether you are a raw milk consumer, would be if you could find a farmer or believe that everyone has the right to choose, we need your help. The Canadian Consumer Raw Milk Advocacy Group, a national effort, has formed to advocate for legal availability of raw milk by private contract with a farmer. Our petition will be presented to the House of Commons, in original form, and an information package is nearly ready for presentation to all MP’s and MPP’s in Canada. Our petition can be downloaded at www. rawmilkconsumer.ca and must be on these specific forms to be accepted by government. The signatures will also be available to all politicians upon request. Read our website to become informed.
International Vegetarian Gourmet Coffee House Power Juice Bar BREAKFAST & BRUNCH SPECIALS CATERING
47 Clarence St. ❦ 562-2434
The local food movement and connecting with small farmers is a growing. As For consumers whole, more informatilearn on callabout (613) 738-3044 healing foods we are turning to foods like raw milk to support our desire for back to the basics food. In Canada it is illegal for a farmer to sell you raw milk. It is NOT illegal for you to buy it, consume it or feed it to your family. There is nothing to fear in helping us. We are demanding an exemption to the current laws to allow small grass based farmers, using organic principles, to supply raw milk under specific contract and not to the general public. By allowing this exemption our government would help small farmers make a decent living, ensure open education on safe handling of raw milk on and off the farm and acknowledge our right to choose for ourselves. Margo McIntosh, RHN, RNCP Canadian Consumer Raw Milk Advocacy Group
Laura’s Numerology News For Dec. 2012 *HAPPY HOLIDAYS*
How to calculate your personal monthly number. Add the day of your birth to the month of your birth. Then you will add the number 8 to your number. NOTE – If you’re final number adds up to double digits, add the numbers together again, and again, if you have to, until you get a single number. If you still have trouble, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org 1. I know that this year was a rough ride, for sure. The stresses and worries of this year should begin to fade by the end of the month. Take time this month to rest and heal. 2. If you are extra generous to your special clients, friends and loved ones this Christmas, the rewards will be seen early next year. Diplomacy is required in all your relationships. 3. Is there anything or anybody that you do not want to take with you, into your next 9 year cycle? Use this month to do the final excavation of everything that has to go. Try to also factor in some fun or travel. 4. I know that you have worked very, very hard, this year, and may not have reaped the rewards yet. New business opportunities are stewing and they will lighten your financial load, soon. You need to rest and Zen out, now. 5. You will be forced to deal with a relationship that is on the brink of some kind of change. Deal with this now and make a pact with yourself to put more emphasis on your health, next year. 6. Are you thinking of getting engaged, or making a major domestic commitment this month? You may want to wait until Jan., as there could be some issues that come up that make you change your mind, or want to approach it differently. 7. You must take a break or you might blow a brain cell. You are running on very low fuel and may feel totally toasted. Next year will be a busier year
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
What can Numerology do for you? Numerology is a study of numbers. There is evidence that numerology was in use thousands of years ago in China, Greece and Egypt even before the time of Pythagoras, who is generally accepted as the "father" of numerology. Why is numerology still in use and of interest to so many? It is because it works, that is why. • Are you currently at a major cross-road in your life? Should you make a decision or move forward now or wait? • Numerology can help you uncover hidden talents and turn them into a career. • An analysis of partners, children, friends or co-workers can help you deal with them more efficiently. • Numerology can help you heal from past issues and move on. • Help you understand how you can use the current year, month and day for its best influence. • Be more aware of your own areas of weakness and learn how to turn them into strengths. Stop repeating history once and for all. Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist/life coach living in Ottawa. She has written “Laura’s numerology News” in Tone Magazine for over 8 years. To book an appointment or receive Laura’s monthly newsletter please email L.BAIRD@ISTAR.CA or call 613-725-7232
than you ever imagined, so get ready. Many, many changes are coming. 8. Long awaited change related to your business or money situation will finally appear. Just say “Yes”, to the offer and go for it, NOW. This is a month to take action, and promote yourself and your product. 9. You will not have much time for your own personal needs, in Dec. Every moment of your time will be focused on the kids, home or family responsibilities. Call Granny and the clan and invite them for Xmas dinner. If you have a bit of extra time, use it to clean the dust bunnies from your home and get rid of unwanted junk and clutter. Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist and core belief modification coach. She is located in Ottawa, but can conduct phone or skype consultations anywhere. For personal consultations please email: email@example.com or call 613-725-7232.
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Meditation, study and application in a small group format
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Search for God groups Success for the soul
The Original Truth
A healing journey to a calmer state of mind...
Teaching Discipline In Yoga
he student who is on the path of yoga, is allowed to know that the yoga teacher is present in all circumstances, and is allowed to teach the student what is real. The truth of what is real is called shanti. The shanti self is perfect and is without comparison. The shanti self is perfection truth. The shanti self is one. The shanti self is a self that is practiced. The practice of this one is selfless surrender. The selfless surrender of the self is a personal glimpse into the yoga world. The yoga world is a practice. We are the practice. The practice is a self made perfect in yoga. The discipline of yoga is a self that is self made and is self accomplishment. The self is accomplishing yoga and it is true. There is a moment, when you will be true. The truth is you. So you are the truth of yoga, and you are the self in shanti. The shanti self is sitting down, in padmasana, or in a Japanese posture, and we sit still and we are being. The being is a self. The self is not asking for anything. The self does not need a thing. We are not asking to be noticed. We are not noticed. We shall become that which we are. I am self, and I am shanti and I am at peace. This is what I am achieving moment to moment in this place. In this place I am peace. This is the peace of the Atman. I am the Purusha of myself, as a teacher of the self and the self is the Atman soul. The self is one self undivided. I am Atman self, and this is purity. The self is pure. I am teacher of Bhakti devotion, and I am Raj mindfulness in the path of Ashtanga yoga and it is true. I am true to you. I am your local teacher and it is yogic awakening in you. I am true to you. She is the most profound teaching of shanti. She is compassion teacher and she is our Mother. I am her daughter. She is Mother of India, and we are all daughters of India.
She is purity and I am she, the purest of the pure. She is myself, and you will become. This is the utmost discipline of one. The self is one person, and it is Beauty. The Beauty of the self resides within us. I am the self and I am residing in myself as a beautiful object of devotion. I shall become myself, and I am the self, and I am the art of Ashtanga yoga. This is beauty and it is surely a practice you will love. This practice is a practice of knowing. We know what we are. I am knowing. I am art form of yoga and I am being Yoga and this is Yoga of Love. The Yoga of Love is a serenity of contemplation. I am serene contemplation. This is pure and it is real. I am real and it is shanti. Shanti is peace. Peace is myself. So you too shall seek peace within yourself. Shanti, and Blessings, to you Sonja Muller, R.N., Ashtanga Yoga Process, Yoga Therapy and Healing Practice, Ottawa Shanti Teacher. Yoga Process 2013 Apply Now 613 795-4583
Shiatsu Thai Yoga Massage Ayurvedic Therapies Reiki Reflexology Lomi Lomi Sound Healing Tree Essences Couples Services Crystals Advanced Skin and Body Care Therapeutic Massage RMT Organic Skin, Body and Hair Care
45 Rideau at Sussex, 2nd floor Telephone: 613.241.7770 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mental Box
veil of denial, under cover from... my true self. Veins of denial runs deep, having been diagnosed with mental unning for years on end, running health illness at an early age of life, stamped invisibly endlessly inside a crowded box, on the forehead, the nightmare of truth being revealed in full circles, trying vicariously to one day, in crying fear. The biggest stigma was not escape my self, a shadow weighed found in the world, but found deep within the caves down heavily, chained to the heals, of my existence. Living in fear, against myself, the box following me incessantly, much to being buried deep in the corridors of my being and no my dismay, it simply kept lingering one was to know. It is not to say, I tried relentlessly to somehow... Searching for relief, in search of a new self, shake off my shadow and even ran to all corners of the the camouflage getting hefty, and heavier down the world, in search of a new life, but that stubborn shadow alleys of famous haunted halls, in expensive glory suits, was indefatigable, unshakeable and right behind me. an endless marathon from anguish and solitude, living Until one day, the race came to a halt, the gentle wind a life of denial, of shame and pretence. Not realizing the transported me miraculously from turbulent seas unto unfamiliar Northern dunes, surrounding still waters, inside a vast oasis. I was slowly awakened in a small garden, into the Path of the Rose in the Lotus of Life, World-Renowned Soul Healer, Soul Leader, Divine Channel a teacher had been granted. The healing of the mind, body and soul began. Divine Channel and Worldwide Representative of Master Zhi Gang Sha Lost for years living with Dr. Sha is an important teacher and a wonderful healer with a valuable message about the power bipolar disorder, I did not receive of the soul to influence and transform all life. counselling on how to manage it. – Dr. Masaru Emoto, The Hidden Messages in Water I was lost in learning how to help NEW! Divine Healing Hands myself. I was allowed to slowly find my way, to turn around my being, recreate the wheel of my existence through the yoga of life: the studies of Peace as Selfhood. I learned acceptance, first, accepting the Master Lynda Chaplin New York Times Bestseller! truth of myself, that I was neither this illness nor this diagnosis Divine Healing Hands are helping people around the world experience relief from chronic pain, boost energy and stamina, increase mobility and agility, and even improve chronic conditions. and I was not a bad person for Visit YouTube.com/ZhiGangSha to see hundreds of personal soul healing miracles. mistakes gone by. Compassion You can receive Divine Healing Hands blessings at live events or through the new and surrender began here. One Divine Healing Hands book. Each copy is a healing treasure, pre-programmed breath, one step at a time, through by Master Sha to offer 20 Divine Healing Hands blessings to each recipient. enduring climbing and endless Chant Love, Peace and Harmony with Soul Masters Film Screening & gruelling work of the self, I let go Masters Lynda Chaplin, Sher O’Rourke, Divine Healing Hands Blessings of the victim, let go of the anger, the Mirva Inkeri and Helene Ziebarth Friday, February 15 • 7–9:30 pm, Free shadow slowly dissipated. I learned RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa KIH 7X7 Sung in English, French, Finnish and German Birth 2012 Planetary Celebration to cut the cord of dependencies Divine Forgiveness to Saturday, December 22, 7–10 pm through the practice of nonTransform All Relationships $25 donation at the door Saturday, February 16 • 10 am–5 pm, $60 attachment, to practice selfless Canadian Museum of Civilization, RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa KIH 7X7 100 Laurier St., Ottawa-Gatineau K1A 0M8 work in being helpful to the other Soul Healing for Emotional Imbalances Chant for World Love, Peace and in need. Learning the meaning of Sunday, February 17 • 10 am–5 pm, $60 Harmony Global Teleconference control was one of the biggest RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa KIH 7X7 Friday-Sunday, December 21–23, Multiple Times teachings, truly phenomenal in Free, Register: DrSha.com Divine Healing HandsTraining Program learning to take ownership of one with Master Sha and Master Lynda New Year’s Blessings with Master Sha Friday–Sunday, March 22–24 self. I learned to control the mind Monday, December 31 • 2–3 pm, Free 10 am–10 pm, $625 • Location: visit DrSha.com Global teleconference, Register: DrSha.com through meditation and discovered More than an invitation ... a sacred calling! how the discipline of the self is possible, foreign concepts to me Information: Master Lynda • 416.255.8823 • 647.654.7711 • Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com www.ottawakiosk.com/MasterLyndaChaplin.html • LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com previously. Yoga taught me to mend Institute of Soul Healing & Enlightenment™ broken relationships and make 888.3396815 • DrSha.com • Facebook.com/DrAndMasterSha peace, in forgiveness and on-going
Give the Gift of Divine Healing Hands
with Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha and Master Lynda Chaplin
forgiveness. Learning to shed the layers of falseness and discover the inner light of the natural self, letting go of preconceived, judgemental, harmful, and negative notions and ideas engrained in your being. Learning the love and respect of the self, in loving kindness, and also accepting my native self, joining in the circle, honouring my native ancestors and all ancestors. Through meditation, prayer, chanting, drumming, Bhakti yoga, journaling, body movement, Hatha yoga, mindfulness, I was allowed a new breath and rehabilitated in the inner sacred self. Blessed and eternally thankful to God, the All Divine, for having sent me a teacher, Sonja Muller, R.N. and Trauma Rehabilitation Therapist, a truly devout and tenacious teacher, who taught me a new life, and the preciousness of life granted on this earth walk. Beyond any unspoken words, I am forever grateful to Ms. Muller for her eternal commitment in teaching me self healing through great compassion, she taught to me through Karma yoga practice, without any monetary exchange, in the ancient yoga tradition of pure devotion to humanity, Megweech, Namaste. Nina Guerra, White Wind Lotus Retreat Teacher, Medicine Healing Path of the White Wind
Inspired Living Yoga
Whole Food Nutrition in a Nutshell Sylvie Gouin
t is important to acknowledge that whole foods nutrition is an essential component to a healthy and integrative yoga practice. One of my favourite quotes by Albert Einstein is “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” Taking this quote into consideration when approaching our diet leads us in a direction where our food choices are made with care and the recognition that eating a whole food diet is simple and in accordance with the yogic philosophy I study. This awareness also brings clarity to the fact that all the essential nutrients our body needs are available through the abundance Mother-Nature provides. Eating for vitality while taking full responsibility for our choices and the impact these choices have on our health, the environment, humanity as a whole and the animal kingdom opens our eyes to the joy and countless benefits of eating simple, nourishing and tasty whole foods. When we consider the processing of food and the impact it has on the value of the nutrients available to us; we are naturally drawn in a direction of purity and simplicity. Focusing on what we can eat and on the intelligence of a food supports healthy choices. In contrast focusing on what we can’t eat or feel we should be able to eat as we wish, leads to guilt, frustration and possibly excess. Generally speaking, if a food is processed and highly refined, we are tempted to over eat and this creates fatigue and lethargy. If a food is high in additives, sugar or stimulants, we feel a rush of nervous energy and experience the crash once it has moved through us. On the other hand, when we eat whole foods, we eat until we are calmly energized and satisfied resulting in increased energy, vitality and overall health.
To identify your starting point and have a clear vision of which types of food make up the majority of your diet keep a food diary for two weeks. At the end of the two weeks review what you ate. How much of your diet was whole foods; how much was processed and depleted and how much was stimulants? Once you know your starting point you can begin to move forward and make changes that incorporate more whole foods leading to a direct experience with the benefits of the initial discipline and effort this transition takes. Remember we crave what we eat and we choose what we eat… Simple whole nourishing foods include: • Vegetables • Fruits • Whole grains • Fats and oils (in moderation) • Legumes • Sprouts • Sauerkraut • Sea vegetables Eating while sitting, taking the time to chew and eating until we are satisfied Wishing you a whole foods happy and healthy holiday season.
Sylvie Gouin ERYT500/RYT500 is a yoga teacher who offers private consultations, group yoga classes as well as yoga teacher training programs. She is the author of Inspired Living a Guided Yoga Journal and the creator of Inspired Living classes and workshops. Visit her everyday yoga blog at sylviegyoga.com
GO FOR THE GOLD This Holiday Season Relieve Stress and Pain WITHOUT DRUGS
o you suffer from any of the following? Arthritis, fibromyalgia, back pain, knee pain, carpal pain, neck and shoulder. Gold Energy Card and Plate for your wallet or purse, home, office or car. (Infused with Zero Point Energy) With Heart “EVERY THING IS ENERGY” Our Gold Energy Personal Card & Plate are infused with frequencies that have been enhanced to increase Zero Point Energy and paramagnetic, two elements that remove stress and pain from the body and give a feeling of well being. Your personal Gold Energy Card and Plate with heart have positive energies included. • E.M.F. PROTECTION • Enhance your co-creative powers • Harmony, Vitality, Concentration • Stress Release • Improves Longevity • Relieves symptoms of inflammation and pain Gold Color Meaning in Healing. Gold is an incredible positive precious metal illuminating and health boosting energies. It gives strength, optimism and confidence and dispels negativity. Gold is a luxurious, extravagant and glorious colour. The Gold Card and Plate Energy utilizes the researched science of Zero Point Energy. Modern physics has identified this energy field to be complementary to the human body as it is regenerative and
curative in nature. Exposure to Zero Point Energy promotes the healing of subtle organization energy fields inside the human body. How to use the Card and Plate Wave over or use against your body for headaches or pain, use under your pillow to sleep better, place your feet on large plate (morning and night) or behind your back while on your computer or in your car as large plate is flexible. Will align all your chakras and meridians. Energize all your vitamins, all cream for your face and body. Stop spending money on expensive certified organic foods just set your groceries on your large Gold Energy Plate and the vitality is restored in moments. Even use it on your pets and plants. The Gold Energy Card and Plate do not need to be cleared or recharged as it has lifetime effectiveness. Your Gold Energy Personal Card come with black velvet pouch and instructions (Looks like a credit card) Size 3 ½” x 2” ($75.) New larger size Gold Energy Plate that comes in a laptop case. Size (14”x11”) it is flexible so that use it in your vehicle behind your back or meditate on. ($150>) www.emffreezone.ca, email@example.com (613) 842-4758 Ask about our “Made In Canada Special 2 Pack” “Electropollution is considered the greatest health risk of the 21st century”
Welcome to the New Earth
By Matthew Cosgrove
lthough there has been much written and predicted about these times, some of it claiming to be from angelic beings, some even from sky people, all saying that the earth is on the cusp of a great new age, here on the ground it appears as though the meek are still a hell of a long way from inheriting the earth. If anything, on one level, life seems to be getting harder and harder making some feel compelled to hold more and more to the fear based ways of thinking. The reason it may seem harder is that most of us are in an unnatural state of being. We no longer live in the present, and have lost the cognitive ability to see that our true and eternal nature lies only in the depths of each and every moment. Our true nature is ongoing, but if we ever come close to it the ego steps in and tries to make it permanent. We then fall back behind the veils of linear time and continue identifying with our false self that is pursuing a projected point. This increase in what feels like pressure for some is the frequency of New Earth and it is allowing many who are shifting with it to realize that this projected point does not really exist, and they are finally arriving to the immediate. New Matrix of Earth I am not sure why but I have noticed a subtle shift over the years of doing Earth based ceremony. Decades ago we would connect with Earth energy as a very deep and slow moving grief, but she is no longer accessed here. Because I stubbornly tried to continue in the old ways, it took me some time to realize this change. If there is to be a shift, we should not wait for it, because it seems like she has already made it. There is already a new matrix in place; Earth energy now feels like a woman right
after she has given birth. She is experienced in the simple joy of the present moment. It is like awakening in a new environment, one that is rich in oxygen, but we are so used to struggling over small rations of it, that we cannot relax enough to take off the mask and simply breathe. Until we attune to this new environment we will choke because the old tanks are empty.
Matthew Cosgove is a Shamanic healer and teacher with over 30 years experience in this field and author of; The Altar of the Initiate Insight Into the Cycles of Enlightenment, and Artisans of the New Earth A Celtic Shamanâ€™s Guide to Unity. He can be contacted through www.earthbasedhealing.com
PSYCHICS, MYSTICS & SEERS FAIR January 4, 5 & 6, 2013 FRIDAY 4-10 SATURDAY 11-10 SUNDAY 11-7
$6.00 Adults FREE Children under 12
Travelodge Hotel 1376 Carling Ave. Ottawa, ON near Westgate Mall
Do you have Psychic abilities and want to share your talents? please call 514-366-0549 if you would like your own table
Chelation… Finally Proven
DTA chelation therapy is a cardiovascular treatment that has been used for over 60 years, and was really the first method used to reverse blockages in the arteries that supply the heart. EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) is given by intravenous infusion to bind heavy metals like lead and cadmium, as well as calcium in hardened plaque, allowing them to leave the body harmlessly in the urine: this process of binding & removing heavy metals is called chelation. EDTA chelation was first used in the 1950s to treat lead poisoning – and doctors were surprised to find that chelation patients often had improvement in their angina symptoms! Formal studies of EDTA for heart disease followed. The first, in 1956, found an improvement in symptoms in 19 of their 20 patients, and subsequent studies continued to document the safety & effectiveness of EDTA chelation. However the studies were rarely welldesigned, and thus open to criticism. The 1960s were an exciting time in cardiology, with the invention of the first beta-blocker (Propranolol) in 1962, and the first cardiac stent in 1969. However, something else happened in 1969: the patent on EDTA chelation expired, and with that the pharmaceutical industry lost interest. Without support & funding from the pharmaceutical industry, chelation was simply not able to jockey for position in a crowded field. Although regrettable, it’s perhaps understandable that chelation may have become lost to history. What is harder to understand is the rage with which the cardiology establishment beat chelation down: one reviewer described studies of chelation therapy as “unethical, dangerous, pointless, and wasteful,” and ‘experts’ routinely disparage the studies and science supporting chelation. Even in 2012, you can find blogs calling chelation an “unethical and misbegotten” therapy. It is in this climate that chelation has struggled to stay afloat as an alternative to expensive & risky procedures like cardiac stents. Although it is approved by the US Food & Drug Administration and supported by the American College for Advancement in Medicine, it has never crossed over into mainstream medicine. Never, that is, until now. In 2002, the National Institutes of Health began a long-term trial of chelation therapy in patients with a history of heart attack, a trial that ultimately enrolled 1,700 people. The Seekers Centre was proud to be the Canadian Country leader of the trial, one of 12 clinics that participated in the study. The results of that trial, the TACT trial (Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy), were just released last month, and they show that people who received 40 weekly infusions of EDTA had significantly fewer cardiovascular events those who got the placebo.
Specifically, patients receiving chelation therapy had an 18% reduction in cardiovascular events (heart attack, stroke, hospitalization for angina, cardiac stent procedures, or death). This impressive benefit was even more pronounced in patients with diabetes (39% less risk), and in patients who had heart attacks which damaged the heart’s anterior wall (37% less risk). Finally, the trial showed chelation therapy to be completely without side-effects or risks: out of more than 55,000 infusions given, there were 79 complications, but only 38 in the EDTA group and 41 were in the placebo group. What does this mean? It means that chelation therapy is totally safe, and that it helps prevent heart attacks and strokes. Chelation doesn’t have the side effects that come with many pills, and it doesn’t involve the risks of passing a catheter through the arteries to your heart. Rather than just suppressing the problem, like pills & stents, it actually removes calcium from your arteries and reduces the plaque that causes heart attacks. In our experience, patients on chelation therapy have better circulation, lower blood pressure, and in certain cases are able to reduce or even stop the heart pills they are already taking. Angina disappears, people are able to walk for longer distances, skin and hair improve, fingers and toes have better circulation, kidneys and other organs function better and wounds heal more quickly. Another important benefit for men is improved erections and sexual function. If you have heart disease, or simply want to prevent it, the TACT trial provides good evidence to support our longtime recommendation that you should undergo chelation therapy. Marc Engfield, MD Internal & Integrative Medicine Seekers Centre, 942 Merivale Rd www.seekerscentre.com
The Chi Machine The Chi machine is the result of 38 yrs of research by Dr. Shizuo Inoue of Japan (was Pres. of the Oxygen Society). He developed this product that increases oxygenation without stress or effort. The Chi machine gives a passive therapeutic massage that: • Enhances cellular metabolism • Balances the spine • Improves the immune system • Increases blood production • Restores balance to the autonomic FREE DEMO nervous system Two Week • Stimulastes the internal organs Return Policy • Promotes loss of weight • Promotes Lymphatic Drainage (studies done in Australia medical school) What better Gift can you give for your family?
Zora Jackson, Clinical Practitioner 613-422-7804 firstname.lastname@example.org
Seekers Centre for INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE
“Why has my health still not gotten better?” “What is the future of integrative medicine?” “Will I have to deal with this pain forever?” Q & A Session with an Integrative Medical Doctor Dr. Richard Nahas M.D. The Seekers Centre’s monthly Q&A session is now open to the public for a limited time to help you with all your questions about integrative medicine.
942 Merivale Road, Ottawa. Tuesday, December 4 7:30pm
Reserve your spot NOW. Limited space available. Call (613) 727-7246 or email us at email@example.com for more details.
About the Seekers Centre Since 2006, the Seekers Centre for Integrative Medicine has combined traditional healing systems with cutting-edge tests and treatments to provide patients with an exceptional healing experience. Under supervision by a medial doctor, our cohesive team of complementary and alternative practitioners uses a personalized treatment plan to restore our patients to health – safely, naturally and effectively.
Can You Be Hypnotized? By Jaime Pallen – Certified Hypnotist, Member of the National Guild of Hypnotists
he answer is probably yes; if you decide you want to be. Most people have experienced a mild state of hypnosis in some way. Some common forms would be: highway driving for an extended period, using a computer, or reading a good book. In fact, any situation where your concentration is focused and you lose track of time, you are in effect hypnotized. The question now to be asked is also quite simple, “What’s in it for me?” Hypnosis is an extremely relaxing, safe experience that we can use to positively change our life. Benefits can be realized by ceasing to engage in certain behaviours -- such as smoking, overeating, stress reactions, to name a few --- and to make different, better feeling choices on a daily basis. How do we do this and how does it work? The key here is allowing yourself to be brought to an extremely deep state of relaxation through working with a qualified Hypnotist. Using suggestions agreed upon with the client in advance, the focus becomes emphasizing the changes you want to see in your life as if they have
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching.
already happened. The really fun part is when you are in a relaxed hypnotic state, your subconscious mind accepts this new and improved version of you. This what actually translates into changed behaviour. When you are alert, your conscious mind begins making new and better life affirming decisions. Your waking critical conscious mind, that normally may second guess your best intentions or even unknowingly sabotage them, has now accepted the improved you as its new reality. So now, you are not trying to quit smoking, stop overeating or having a panic attack, you have accepted that you are a non-smoker, make healthy food choices, or feel calm. Our mind truly can be our greatest ally if we know how to enlist its help and co-operation. I believe that hypnosis can help you to do this. There is no place, or need, for judgement in where we find ourselves in life; we all have things we wish to improve upon or change. If you feel you are ready, hypnosis may be right for you. The following descriptions may help you to understand hypnosis: Individual cells in the brain called neurons communicate with each other by electrical charges. We can actually see and measure these charges in the form of brain waves in what’s called an EEG (electroencephalogram). Traditionally these brain waves are measured in Hertz and fall into 4 types but there are many more subdivisons. Beta describes our day to day conscious awareness / alertness which can be approximately 16-33 Hertz Alpha is when we are very relaxed or meditating and can be 7-16 Hertz Theta is where hypnosis occurs. We are extremely relaxed and our concentration is focused. This is 3-7 Hertz and where we can have a conversation with the subconscious where our belief systems are stored. Finally Delta at 3-5 hertz we are actually sleeping.
For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
Ending 2012 with Gratitude
t’s that time again - one year is coming to completion, making way for a new one to begin. I like to complete each year with a closing ritual that includes taking time to review the past 12 months to remind myself of what I accomplished, what I didn’t do or get to, and go over what I learnt along the way. I invite you to join me in consciously completing and celebrating 2012 with the following exercise. Get yourself comfortable with some paper, pen, your favorite beverage and create an ambient environment. I like lighting a bunch of candles and burning some incense, like frankincense or amber. Start by taking some time to review 2012 – grab your journal, agenda, vision board, list of goals, anything that will remind you of what happened over the past year as well as what you had intended to accomplish. Then, write down the answer to the follow questions: • What did I accomplish in 2012? What did I work hardest at? • What surprised me this year? What happened that I hadn’t planned on? • What were my disappointments? • If the past year was a movie, would it have been an action movie, comedy, satire, drama, thriller, cartoon, musical or documentary? What title would I give it? What role did I play? • Which goals or intentions did I set for myself in 2012 did I not complete? What happened? • What were my greatest challenges in 2012? • What is the greatest achievement that I’m most proud of in 2012? • What new learning and insights did 2012 leave me with? • What will I intentionally leave behind in 2012? (limiting beliefs, habits or ways of thinking)
• What will I consciously carry forward into 2013 and continue working towards? • What else is important to acknowledge about this past year? Write a list of at least 50 things/people/events/ experiences you are grateful for in 2012. Once you feel complete with your review of the year, symbolically release it by safely burning or shredding the paper you wrote on and in the spirit of gratitude welcome all 2013 has to offer. Complete the exercise by asking yourself if you’ve appropriately celebrated all of your efforts and accomplishments over the year? If not, what will you do to celebrate and acknowledge all the work you’ve done, the impact you’ve made and the people who have contributed value to your life over the past year? Wishing everyone lots of love and peace – Merry Christmas and Happy New Era! Kim Barnwell, CPCC, PCC is a Professional Certified Coach, NLP MP, Reiki Master and Emotional Intuitive who offers workshops and one on one coaching to help people create more of what they want in life, and less of what they don’t. Kim can be reached at (613) 591-1173 or e-mail kim@ kimbarnwell.com for a free 20 min. coaching consultation. To learn more about Kim and the services she offers please visit www.conscious-creation.com
The Season of Holy Longing Gregor Sneddon
The experience of spiritual pilgrimage is a journey of paradox, seeking and waiting, hope and receptivity. A journey taken in the present moment, it is an unspeakable mystery, desiring for what is beyond ourselves, an unknown better, a greater experience of wholeness, of what it is to be human. We seek and we wait with open hearts, consenting to that which is promised, somehow here within us, freshly falling grace just awaiting a heart in which to be born.
or many, Christmas begins somewhere late October reaching a frenzy of credit card swiping, beverage drinking, card sending, and shortbread gorging all climaxing on December 25th, followed by the Xmas hangover just in time to prepare for New Years. A time to be cherished, indeed, but what happened to Advent? In preparation for the coming light of Christmas, this year, take some time to listen, to long, to hope. Advent? Huh? Yes, Advent. December 17th through December 23rd, 5:30 pm at St Advent is the season beginning four Sundays before Luke`s Anglican Church, 760 Somerset West, Ottawa. the 25th of December, a season of anticipation, of hope, of All are welcome, without exception. yearning for the coming of Emmanuel, God among us. The tone of Advent descends to the depths of the human condition, the shared spirituality of all creation. It is the great yearning felt at the centre of ALL ARE WELCOME WITHOUT EXCEPTION our being that is the root, the pulse Anglican Church of Canada of creation itself: the mystical desire for wholeness, completion, union with God, often related in ecstatic, even erotic poetry across cultures and traditions. Beginning at the primordial place of desire for the Other, this holy longing resonates D E C E M B E R 1 7 T H T H RO U G H T H E 2 3 R D AT 5 : 3 0 P M with the cry of hope of the prisoner, the sick, the dying, the lonely, the FEATURING TRADITIONAL CHANT AND marginalized. It is this stirring, this THE CRYSTAL AND HEALING BOWLS OF JAY SCHWED AND ÉLISE BENOÎT. feeling of incompleteness of hope and longing that sends the seeker on Way opens in stillness… her great pilgrimage. As Augustine when in our longing prays: “God, you have made us for yourself, and our hearts are restless we watch, we listen, we hope. till they find their rest in you.” To mark this season of holy longing, St Luke’s Anglican Church will be hosting “Seven Nights” of Contemplative Vespers, the ancient monastic twilight service, W W W. S T L U K E S O T T A W A . C A the community will be chanting in 760 Somerset West, Ottawa, ON 613-235-3416 Gregorian tones under the leadership of Barclay McMillan the Psalms and traditional prayers including the sacred ‘O Antiphons’. The O Antiphons are the seven in which torking each of the 7 prayers written somewhere in the fourth century marking each of the seven days leading to Christmas Eve giving voice to this sacred yearning for the Incarnation. The ‘O’ is the cry of the heart, and signifies the bursting fullness of the pregnant Mother of God. to Order s The series of services are contemplative in that we ao Fr o m C h will be savouring a period of twenty minutes of silent (613) 565-1919 meditation and the Crystal and Healing Bowls of Jay Schwed and Élise Benoît. The Tibetan tradition of abundantlivingbydesign.com Singing Bowls offer a powerful tonal experience to lead Feng Shui Decluttering Organizing and Cleaning Services us into a greater experience of silence.
Abundant Living by Design
~ A recipe for transformation
The time leading up to the many December festivals can be very hectic for many of us. There are many pressures to host guests and/or attend events, where the opportunity for conflict or being hurt is plenty. Deep breath…Exhale. Smile. Do you feel the invitation towards anxiety, self judgement, or guilt when attending parties or family gatherings? Do family get-togethers usually trigger un-resolved issues between parents or siblings that you wish could be resolved without having to chase down the bottom of a glass of wine (or six)? Before compromising yourself to receive the approval of your peers or family, stop to ask yourself what is really important? First of all, what are you grateful for? Gratitude is a great healer and teacher. I am of the philosophy that we are faced with all of our challenges as learning experiences. SO the first thing I challenge myself to do whenever something seemingly unpleasant happens is to say ‘Thank You.’ Thanks for the lesson, what am I Learning? (being grateful for everything else helps too.)
When you find yourself at your next social or professional gathering and your favorite antagonist says the perfect thing to set you off, take a deep breath, exhale, smile and say, ’thank you.’ They may not be happy that you decided not to engage and may even prod further for a reaction. By recognizing that they have given you an opportunity to learn about what triggers you , and to grow, how could you be anything but grateful? By being grateful, you change the energy from being a victim of life to being a conscious participant. If you feel that you need help getting to the point of gratitude, it would be my pleasure to work with you to explore your inner worlds and to help heal the wounds of your past to create a brighter and stronger tomorrow.
Laurent Benattar - Earth Magic, 613-266-8063 practices Shamanic Soul-Based Energy Workshops Medicine TM from the Integral Health Clinic in Ottawa. integralhealthclinic.com (613) 241-0005
SPIRITPAINTING.COM 613-266-8063 Workshops December 2012
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor! Katherine Willow N.D.
s we approach the holidays, lots of people ask about alternatives to sugar, that pesky additive which turns our best intentions to mush, leaches our energy, turns many kids (and adults) into moody maniacs, is the major cause of heart disease after stress, makes it very hard to lose weight, feeds cancer cells and stresses the pancreas.
at Carp Ridge Natural Health Clinic Monthly Open House
Join us for a FREE TALK & TOUR from 1-3pm held at the clinic kitchen. Please enter at 2386 Thomas Dolan Parkway entrance.
Christmas Social - 15 Year Celebration Sugar Alternatives and Samples
Saturday, December 8, 2012
NEXT MIND-BODY HEALING TALK: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Replace, replenish and resist! If that sounds like a battle cry, it most certainly is. We need to decrease the cravings first and then we can avoid. Here’s a plan that helps most people: 1. Replace white sugar with unrefined options. Different people have markedly different responses to this list. Notice how you tolerate each and get tested if you’re not clear. a) Dried cane juice, marketed as Sucanat. It contains a lot of the vitamins that white sugar steals from the body. Brown sugars look similar, but aren’t as nutritious. b) Blackstrap molasses, full of minerals; not the fancy variety, which is sweeter. c) Maple syrup, which has as much calcium as mother’s milk! d) Agave syrup isn’t as good, too much fructose. e) Stevia is perfect if you like the taste—doesn’t react like sugar in the body at all, it has a totally different chemistry and a good safety record. f) Unpasteurized honey, as all the beneficial enzymes are maintained. Helps weight loss for some people. g) Aspartame is a poison and kills brain cells. Other artificial sweeteners have problems too. h) Xylitol is ok and available in health food stores and safer than sugar. i) Fructose is not good and leads directly to weight gain. 2. Replenish your body. Being tired and depleted leads to sugar cravings. a) Sleep 7-9 hours/night, with as many hours in the premidnight recharging time as possible. b) Regular breaks for corpse poses, just breathing, walking and napping. c) Break the stress habit. Easier said than done, but probably the biggest thing we can do for our health, overall potential and peace of mind d) Eat digestible proteins to balance blood sugar and rebuild tired organs. Examples: soft-cooked organic eggs, tender stews of grass-fed animals (with thanks!), organic yogurt or kefir, nut butters (easier to digest than nuts), small lentils and legumes with spices for easier digesting, protein powders in room temperature drinks/puddings.
7:00-8:30pm at the clinic with Katherine Willow, ND Cost: $20 payable at time of talk.
Staying Healthy through the Seasons
Saturday, January 19th - Setting the Foundation. Cost per class $120+HST or $1200+HST for all 11 classes
2386 Thomas Dolan Parkway, Carp, just up the hill from where Thomas Dolan intersects with Carp Road.
e) Supplements & remedies to strengthen weak internal organs that are related to sugar metabolism: pancreas, liver and adrenals. f) Slow down your exercise program to a stroll and add restorative yoga. g) Treat yourself well emotionally and put effort into healing relationships. Sometimes sugar cravings relate to lack of love...or old traumas. 3. Finally, resist. a) When you feel energetic and strong again, you will be able to let sugar and even excess sugar alternatives out of your diet, starting to enjoy the natural sweetness of foods, people, nature, breathing and LIFE! b) Once we are stable on very little sugar, we can undertake successful cleanses where we don’t rebound into sweets. With every gentle cleanse, our bodies become more resilient and it becomes even easier to pass on those sugar treats. c) The holidays are a great time to set a moderate limit on sweets in order to emerge on the other side without being plunged back into cravings! Resources include the Mercola.com website, the Nourishing Traditions cookbook, the old best-seller Sugar Blues and many other books and websites via the internet. Katherine is a fourth generation naturopathic doctor who directs the Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre where people can come for realistic and fun healing programs. Visit us at www.ecowellness.com.
NEW LIFE AFTER 50 The third stage of life:
Transitioning from Adulthood to Elderhood Confronting Aging
Life in Transition Coach Thérèse Kelders
s we transition from adulthood to elderhood, we come face to face with aging and confronting what it means to us to be old. Everyone to whom I spoke, even those who are comfortable with aging, have a problem with being old. How come? What if it was determined that we were old at 50 rather than 85 or whatever other number we believe it to be? We used to be considered old at 50 because the average life span for those born in 1900 was 51.1 and 51.4 for men and women respectively. Growing old is a new phenomenon in the western world where our life span has almost doubled in the last 50 years with a much greater percentage of us likely to live to be 100 and older. In our culture, however, we do not see getting old as something to look forward to. It’s like our psyche can’t quite get a grasp of it, of accepting it, in seeing any value in it. We seem to be only comfortable with staying young and keeping aging at bay. Generally, there is an undercurrent of associating being old with being senile, decrepit, useless, isolated, waiting to die. Why do I present aging this way? Because many of us are unconscious to the fact that we have a problem with aging and many would argue that focusing on remaining young is the best option for healthy aging. Although eating healthy foods, exercising and taking medication for chronic problems associated with aging is certainly recommended and a good thing, if the underlying reasons for doing this is based on fear of growing old or based on an obsession of staying young, there is a strong likelihood that you will ignore your intuition or key information that could be detrimental to the very thing you wish to protect. We need to look at and confront our beliefs, prejudices and opinions about aging because they live just below the surface, unseen, in the collective unconscious.
613-833-1988 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lifeintransition.ca In-depth Programs Lectures/Workshops One-on-one Consultations
Life in Transition Coach
Life in Transition Coach
Life in Transition Coach
They need to be brought to light in order to take it out of distortion. Even if you authentically do not believe you have a problem with aging, you are affected by it Kelders because society hasThérèse a problem with it. If you are over 50, society starts treating 613-833-1988 you as ‘less than’ often in subtle ways, no email@example.com how young you may look or feel. What if, for thewww.lifeintransition.ca sake of argument, it was determined that 50 is now old? (I realize that it goes against the In-depth Programs popular belief that the new 50 is theLectures/Workshops old 30!) At this One-on-one particular turning point in our lives, it is timeConsultations to stop and think about how we wish to grow old. It has a tendency to go one of two ways: soulcentric or egocentric. The soulcentric option has us focus on harvesting the fruits of our lives; how and where are we going to plant these seeds. This process supports us in continuing to grow Thérèse Kelders and evolve from what gives meaning to our lives. It is generative in nature; 613-833-1988 it allows us to deepen the gifts that we are firstname.lastname@example.org brings a depth of relating to the world whether it is with only one other person or many. www.lifeintransition.ca Sometimes something entirely new gets created on the In-depth Programs foundation of excavating our wisdom. Although there Lectures/Workshops One-on-one is no intent on being or remaining young, Consultations the effect is I believe more profound in that people feel more alive, vibrant and authentic at a deeper level. Others, on the other hand, focus on pleasure and enjoyment for its own sake, with the intention of satisfying the ego. There is nothing wrong with this second option; I just Thérèse Kelders is the same. don’t believe that the depth of satisfaction 613-833-1988 Thérèse Kelders offers one-on-one consultations and email@example.com programs to support people transitioning into their third stage of life,www.lifeintransition.ca to realize a more meaningful fulfilled life. In-depth Programs Lectures/Workshops One-on-one Consultations
Thérèse Kelders Life in Transition Coach 613-833-1988 firstname.lastname@example.org Thérèse Kelders www.lifeintransition.ca
Life in Transition Coach 613-833-1988 email@example.com www.lifeintransition.ca
In-depth Programs Lectures/Workshops 63 One-on-one Consultations
An Invitation to Celebrate!
Date: Dec 22, 2012, 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM Place: The Canadian Museum of Civilization, Gatineau, Quebec
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the ShamanÂŽ
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
March 2-3, 2013 and September 14-15, 2013 Ottawa (Almonte)
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this Basic experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey. Practice includes shamanic divination and healing. Participants are shown how to meet and study with their own individual spirit helpers, how the shamanic journey is utilized to restore spiritual power and health, and how shamanism can be applied in contemporary daily life to help heal oneself, others, and the Planet. This introductory workshop is a prerequisite for all advanced workshops offered by the Foundation for Shamanic Studies (www.shamanism.org.)
For more information, or to register for this workshop, please contact Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905 430-4953. Check out Glennâ€™s website: www.shamanspiritpath.com
ou are cordially invited to join Birth 2012, a celebration of humanity awakening to our responsibilities, our gifts, and our powers to create the future we must manifest for our grandchildren. We invite families and children of all ages who feel called to celebrate with us our unity in diversity, our unique stories and how far we have all come as we continue to travel in our own journey. This event is being celebrated by millions of people in over 100 countries at the same time. We invite you to come and make a difference for the future of our world! This celebration is enhanced by the generous gifts of music and wisdom including Daniel Springer, our emcee; Algonquin Grandmother Annie St-George Smith, Tito Mendina, Mayan Elder and Musician; Pamela Holm, singing bowls; Aurora and David Finkle, singers, songwriters; Kevin Dooley; Ian Prattis; Cindy Pearce; Lynda Chaplin; Christ Church Youth group: Peace Flame and Lanark Drumming groups. Throughout the evening you will experience songs in four different languages, a variety of instruments including singing bowls, wisdom shared from several traditions, and an opportunity to mingle with this diverse community that is unified in our love of Planet Earth and our determination to pay it forward. This undertaking affirms that, as one Universal family, we are in a period of time in which we are, and are called to be, awakened to what is best in ourselves! That rising consciousness of self-realization is what challenges us to heal and learn how best to support each other, to bring out the best in ourselves. Our planet is calling us forward at this time. As a new cycle of humanity begins to emerge, we choose to be living more and more from the Heart. This is a celebration to honour the conscious relationship of all people and to give thanks to the Indigenous, and non-Indigenous, people in our region, understanding that we may have different roots but we all come from the same Tree; our Mother Earth. This is a call to action for all of us! Come out and celebrate with us! Tickets are available throughout the general Ottawa/Gatineau area at locations listed on the website or via PayPal on the website at: www.Birth2012OttawaGatineau.Wordpress.com We invite you to also join our Facebook community at: Capital Region Global Celebration Birth 2012 (for information solely on the Birth 2012 event) or Celebrate Earth 2012 (for more dialogue on a variety of issues)
Birth 2012 Planetary Celebration Saturday, DECEMBER 22, 2012 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. GRAND HALL, CANADIAN MUSEUM OF CIVILIZATION 100 Laurier St., Gatineau, Quebec
Devenir Un = Unissons nos esprits & nos coeurs Mâmawîhidiwin = Ânikowâpikinigadeg Odeyan kaye Midonenindjiganan
OUR UNITY IN DIVERSITY Our local gathering is timed to coincide with similar gatherings totalling millions of people around the planet - committing to a positive future together.
The goal of this celebration is to reach a critical mass of people — 1% of the world.
We celebrate a new era for humanity, a collective rite of passage, a recognition that humanity is increasingly interconnected and at the same time conscious of our role in helping to manifest (or birth) our own healing evolution marked by creativity and Peace. The program includes :
Bringing forth thanks honouring conscious relationships for all people
Entertainment — various cultures
Refreshments and Birthday Cake
Tickets Available Here - http://birth2012ottawagatineau.wordpress.com/
FaceBook — Capital Region Global Celebration Birth 2012
Global Event—www.birth2012.com December 2012
GOLDEN TIGER EYE
Balance ~ Grounding ~ Strength ~ Equilibrium
mbodied in the rich brown and lustrous golden bands of the Tiger Eye stone, is a graceful marriage of the energies of Mother Earth and Father Sky. Golden Tiger Eye carries both halves of the creation blueprint for our Universe, and is therefore, one of the best stones I know of for balancing and harmonizing the masculine and feminine aspects within our human selves. Tiger Eye successfully grounds us into the nurturing, self-defining energies of the Earth plane while at the same time bringing us the vitalizing ‘can do’ energies of the Sun. It restores balance to the brain, heart and body by emitting a unified field of both masculine and feminine energy. It is a stone with much to offer at this time when masculine energies still tend to dominate our human experience. Though we are living in a time that heralds a return of the feminine Light, I still find that most people I meet, including myself, are more actualized in the masculine principle. What I mean by that, is that I notice people are still very much in left-brain mode and that their lives are filled with linear action oriented activities such as building, making, giving and doing for others. These are considered masculine traits. Most of us are very much ‘in our heads,’ constantly busy and always thinking ahead to the next project, activity or task. Expression of the feminine aspects, which include more passive and introspective traits such as conception, intuition, imagination, receiving and ‘just being’ seem to take a back seat and remain underdeveloped in many people. Tiger Eye can help us become better rounded and developed in both our masculine and feminine aspects. If you are working too much, it brings teachings of relaxation and rest. If you are doing too much for others, it will teach you how to allow and to receive. When you are too busy it will bring lessons of stillness and presence. In the case of being overly linear it encourages engagement with imagination and intuition. Tiger Eye is a great stone for over achievers, and those who are inclined to be overly assertive or competitive. It brings the understanding that power does not always have to be demonstrated; that it can be achieved through inner strength and presence. At the same time, Tiger Eye greatly assists in the accomplishment of goals of all kinds and is a great aid to projects and business endeavors.
Tiger Eye encourages commitment and responsibility in relationships while enabling one to be comfortable with newness and change. As a stone of equity and fairness, it brings harmony to any relationship. Tiger Eye helps one to be aware of the needs of the other while keeping the balance of meeting one’s personal needs. Tiger Eye integrates the hemispheres of the brain and can be very useful for healing mental dis-ease and personality disorders. It is a good emotional equalizer and can bring balance to all of the chakras, especially the root, sacral and throat. It is fortifying to the physical body in general, and specifically to the blood and endocrine systems. It is an excellent aid to bringing hormones and biochemistry into balance. Ultimately, Tiger Eye keeps our feet firmly on the ground so that we can reach upward into the sunlit skies. What better stone to successfully integrate Spirit with matter? Golden Tiger Eye Blessings to All, Karen Karen Osborne is an Ottawa-based Crystal Healer, Shamanic Practitioner and Teacher. She operates a Full-time Healing Practice, a Crystal Store, and offers Crystal Classes + a Full 2-Year Certification Training Program in Crystal Shamanism. She has been doing healing work for more than 10 years.
Are You Attracting What You Really Really Want?
ecently I have been talking and teaching some of the By appointment in Ottawa and Burnstown, Telephone & Skype basic parameters of the ‘Law of Attraction’ or could Moira Hutchison CTACC CCHT be called ‘what persists exists’. While I know that I am a Life Strategy Mentor and Coach constant work in progress – it is important to me to hand hold and be a guide to helping people become more and Phone: 613.432.1239 Cell: 613.281.0611 Moira@WellnessWithMoira.com more responsible for where they are actually at right here www.WellnessWithMoira.com and right now. Are you ready to get unstuck? Call me! I want to quote from one of my favourite sources – the writings of Abraham-Hicks… “You cannot notice what-is and complain about it, and you… perhaps I could use your input for my upcoming be a vibrational match to the solution. When you were support program. living the problem, you were asking for the solution, and Moira Hutchison CTACC CCHT Source said yes immediately. So, there’s never a reason Life Strategy Mentor & Coach for you to be wallowing around in a problem for more 613.432.1239, www.WellnessWithMoira.com than about a second? You can get so good at this that Do you think loving, nurturing thoughts about yourself? before you’re even aware that the problem has gotten Probably not! Perhaps, it’s time to GET RELIEF FROM started, you’ve already got the solution under way.” YOUR “INNER CRITIC” If you want to start feeling Now I realize that some problems feel like they are better about yourself and your life - hop on over to www. insurmountable (because I have lived through that WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for your free “Inner feeling) but it is actually a fact that if you can allow Peace Kit”. Use the power of your mind to get you on track yourself to be in a place of receiving, allowing and for feeling energized and confident. acknowledging the gift – these gifts are actually ALWAYS for your highest good even if it is really hard to see that at the actual moment of the struggle. You know, many years ago I felt stuck in my life situation – I was angry a lot of the time – felt hard done to and victimized by my life story and when I started to work through some of the heart ache, angst and buried anger – it was so amazing to me how quickly and profoundly my own viewpoint shifted… This is my life, designed for me – by me. Something that I have become particularly passionate about is to allow in whatever way appropriate or necessary to help people to ease into alignment (will talk more about that over the next few months – as I am developing a support program). What I have come to recognize is that in order to push forward, it is very important for you to recognize what is – where you are at this moment and in whatever way you can – learn to love *� S� PIRITUAL�HEALING�*� E� NERGY�M� EDICINE�& W� ORK�*� yourself unconditionally – warts and all right now. A� D VANCED� J� O URNEYING� & J� O URNEY� W� O RK� *� A� D VANCED� If you wait until you have the perfect relationship, S� OUL�R� ETRIEVAL�*�P� AST�L� IFE�J� OURNEYS�*�H� EALING� perfect career, perfect level of income before you K� A RMA� *� H� E ALING� S� O RCERY� , B� L ACK� M� A GIC� , C� U RSES�*� can start to feel loving or accepting of your own G� E TTING� Y� O UR� P� O WER� B� A CK� *� H� E ALING� T� H E� P� AST�&� self – you likely won’t get there. P� R ESENT� *� C� H OOSING� Y� O UR� F� U TURE� OR� D� E STINY� *� U� NDER-� So – even when you feel yourself worrying or STANDING� W� H Y� Y� O U� C� A ME� H� E RE� *� A� N D� M� U CH� M� O RE� .� stuck in any form of negativity – I invite you to allow that to flow and allow the solutions to start S� ESSIONS�B� Y�A� PPOINTMENT�O� NLY�AT�(613) 274-3708� flowing. In actual fact, in order for a problem to exist – the solution also exists… your job is to SEE it. If anything I have written here triggers something for you – I would love to hear from
WWW� .A� LGONQUIN� S� HAMAN� .C �OM�
361 Churchill Avenue N, Ottawa ON, K1Z 5C4 Telephone: 1 (613) 686-6650 Email: email@example.com
Why NOT to Get the Flu Shot
By Ati Petrov ecently Health Canada suspended the distribution of flu vaccines due to a suspicious white substance in them, causing the vaccine matter to clump. Now this problem is considered resolved and flu shots...”safe”. But are they? 1. For those who are not convinced about the dangers of the flu shot, no matter what anyone says, here is a common sense argument: perhaps you should wait and see. By the time a second recall is made, it may be too late. Do you want to take the chance? 2. For those who use common sense: the flu strains used in vaccines can only protect you from one type of flu and they OFFER NO PROTECTION against all other flu viruses. Nobody knows which flu we will get. 3. For those who observe REAL life: many people who get the flu shot get sick right after. I bet you or someone you know had a bad reaction. Why risk getting the flu from…the flu shot?!
What to Do Instead? My mom is 80 years old and in excellent shape. So are my kids. We never take medication or any type of vaccinations. None of us gets sick. All we use is homeopathy. 1. Learn the REAL cause for the flu. It is not a virus. It is what happened before you got sick that matters. German New Medicine has a brilliant explanation for it. 2. Use Homeopathy: Influenzinum to prevent the flu and Oscillococcinum to treat it. Both can be found OTC at most pharmacies. Learn how to use them properly. 2. Learn more about prevention: Do it now, while you are healthy and in your right mind. Don’t wait for your immune system to collapse and then start looking into alternatives!
You can start this month: Come to my workshop on: Homeopathic Immunization Against the Flu. Dec. 11th at 6:30pm at the Village Clinic (361 Churchill Ave.) All participants will receive a free dose of homeopathic flu immunization. Call 613-6866650 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat. $10 fee. Ati Petrov, DHHP has been practicing holistic medicine in Ottawa since 2001 and has offered free flu immunization to the community since then. She uses Heilkunst, German New Medicine, Biofeedback and Sequential Therapy. Details at: http://www.realmedicineclinic.com
H o w H a p p y a r e You? Riding The Waves of Change to More Happiness By Irma Boyle, DMH, B. A. Psych
What is your level of happiness on a scale of 1/10? Would you like a bit more? More happiness can be accessed through the doors of change. A change of mind, circumstances, relationships, job, attitude, routine, behaviour, thoughts, feelings, patterns, a change of medicine… It is a journey. Two questions that I always ask my clients is how do they feel about change and how do they usually handle it. The answers tell me what we need to explore further and how I can support individuals through change to accessing more happiness and improved health, energy and vitality. Deciding to engage in a journey of treatment with natural medicine, or in this case Heilkunst Medicine and Homeopathy means that there WILL be changes that occur in your life. It could be changes in your symptoms, your level of fear, your emotions, your self confidence, your relationships, your job and more. The change is in the direction of improved health. It is an individual journey, one different from another, all moving towards an improvement in your circumstances with the use of natural medicine and therapeutic education. How can this be possible? There is so much in nature that can be used to help the body to heal itself when it has lost its’ way. And sometimes it is as simple as a new idea that takes hold in your mind. Did you know that the deepest healing occurs when there is a change in your state of mind? Do you need help to feel happier or to move through changes that are a struggle for you? Are you stuck in a rut, feeling like your life is a bit heavy and the idea of more happiness is not within your reach at the moment? If you are ready for the idea of change and more happiness, let me guide the way with you.
Making scents of the holidays
ou may remember a recent article where I discussed the merits of essential oils versus synthetic room sprays that have become ubiquitous in our society. Well, the recent shelf stocking for Christmas has got me very concerned about the long term impact of using so many of these commercial products. I would like to offer a simple solution, one that works very well and offers some added benefits. Yes, I am talking about essential oils again! Mandarin, balsam, cinnamon, frankincense, myrrh. All have evocative aromas and are actually good for you, whether you diffuse them in the air or use them topically. There are various candle-heated or plug in diffusers that allow the oils to be gently dispersed in the air. Mandarin, the fruit of Christmas stockings, has a warming citrus scent that blends well with other oils. It is a favourite with children (before bed with chamomile would be a creamsicle dream) as a calming oil for anxiety and stress , is antiseptic (so diffusing it in the house will help keep everyone healthier) and topically is wonderful for healing skin damage like scars and stretch marks. Fir balsam is like bringing the freshly cut Christmas tree into the house, the needles release their fragrant oils and the home feels instantly warm and fresh. Fir balsam, like many pine tree essential oils, it is a great oil to use when colds and flu invade the home. And if stiffness and soreness of muscles and joints is a result of illness, this is a great oil to use diluted in massage. It is analgesic (pain As with any essential oil, relieving) and anti inflammatory. please check precautions Real estate agents say you should have the smell of apple pie in your home and consult a health care to sell it. It makes potential buyers feel welcome and comforted. Cinnamon is practitioner if in any doubt. an ingredient in that pie, and is stellar as a stand alone ingredient. Along with Happy holidays! being one of the favourites of foodie scents, it is antiseptic and anti microbial: so you can have a great smelling house AND a healthy home! Cinnamon also ©2012 Heather Garrod is a can be used topically like balsam to relive muscle aches and pains. This oil is Certified Aromatherapist and intense, and must be used in moderation. Its warming qualities in a massage owner of Planet Botanix, 301 would be oh so lovely, but it is a mucous membrane irritant and so should be Bank St near Somerset. 613-567use with caution when bathing and so on. 4444, www.planetbotanix.com. Frankincense and myrrh: gifts of the magi because they were considered as We have the largest selection of valuable as the third gift, gold. Frankincense is a lovely oil with hints of citrus. pure essential oils and supplies It has traditionally been used in meditation for centuries, so is a great oil to in town! instill calm and peace. It is a brilliant addition to any skin formulation as it is healing and rejuvenating.Once again, the best possible helpers for this time of year show up in an oil. Myrrh has the ability to boost the immune system and is anti-inflammatory. And is a remarkable preservative. Perfect! It has been said that myrrh symbolizes self-denial; Frankincense: spirituality, and gold the wealth of humankind. I forgot peppermint. How is that possible in a month of peppermint Breakthrough in Energy Healing In Ottawa serving Ontario & Western Quebec crunch, candy canes and other morsels?! Holistic Wellness Coach Okay, quickly I will just say that peppermint is the bomb. Having trouble Aileen McKenna getting up in the morning? This is your oil. Sore muscles or congestion? Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Give it a try! A favourite with kids? Yes. Add it to your DIY projects. Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor More happiness is within your reach! Reach out for it. Irma Boyle DMH, B.A. Psych is a Heilkunst/Homeopathic Practitioner with a broad range of experience, education and an amazing ability to bring improved health to people’s lives. She helps people achieve improved overall health, increased vibrancy in their lives on all levels, usually more than they ever expected. She does this with the use of natural medicine and therapeutic education. Underneath the layers of ill health is the brilliance of each individual that is waiting to shine through. Irma practices at the Village Clinic in Westboro and Skype consultations across North America. www.healthdynamics.ca email@example.com, 613-295-5979
Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist Certified Small Group Facilitator Certified Eco-Village Design Consultant Certified Facilitator – Open Space Technology
Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272 613-795-3751
firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com
Tis the Season to Be Busy and to Grieve Patricia Wall ©Take the Lid Off Inc
he holiday music is on the radio, the stores are anxious to attract you and your wallet with decorations and gift ideas, and your calendar is bulging with shopping and Christmas activities. For some people Christmas is a season that emphasizes loneliness, for others it’s a crazy busy time that becomes stressful because emotions are suppressed or ignored. Why would you be sad or hurting at the season of family and giving? Often emotions are triggered by associations. Sometime in the past you had a Christmas with emotional challenges; those memories and their accompanying emotions are triggered with the season. When you’re crazy busy you don’t want to deal with emotions – you have too much to do and too many people wanting your time and energy. The more you suppress emotions triggered by the holidays, the more stressed you’re going to feel, and the more overwhelming the busy becomes. Emotions are not rational, they don’t respond to your schedule and they ignore your priorities. It’s easy to squash emotions that come from the past, to dismiss your reactions as irritations – unfortunately that magnifies your stress and blocks your ability to have fun.
Dolphin Dentistry The Exam That Could Save Your Life Call for a free consultation
613 234-5758 Lasergumcentre.com Medicaldentistry.ca 70
You can help yourself have a happier holiday by allowing yourself to process some of the emotions that you may not be aware of, or prefer not to feel. Get the free True to You Unlock as a gift to yourself to help you process old emotions, by going to ttloinc.com and clicking purchase. The red bow on the image for free downloads makes them easy to spot. You can play the Unlock in bed or when you’re doing mundane activities that don’t require your attention. Please don’t play it while driving or doing activities that require attention. Whether you’re aware that you have some emotional haunting from Christmas past, or you’re simply aware that you have stress, allowing the meditation to release the emotion makes room for happy. If you know Christmas is a hard time for you, you have the option to help yourself through your struggles and allow the possibility of having a happy holiday. Beware, your subconscious can attach status to your ability to endure misery and stress. Check your self-image: do you consider it strength when you endure painful emotions? What if you let go of that? Choose quality of life over struggles with stress and old grief. Make room for happy. Let your emotions flow and go so there is space for happiness. Why settle? Have Happier Holidays. Patricia Wall ~ Osloda.com 613-831-8956 Osloda : The Art of Dealing with Everyday Life
Your Questions, Answered
Right Path Healing
by Lisa Virtue, Energy Healer and Medium
What does a medium really do? A medium is able to connect with nonphysical beings and energies in a way that allows them to translate messages and intentions to those still on the physical plane. Mediums may work in different ways, yet what remains true to each is that they are accessing information that others are not consciously tuning in to. They are a bridge. How do mediums connect with my loved ones? They loved me, why aren’t they coming to me? Mediums have developed their perceptions in a different way. They may have been born this way or developed their skills. Some people are more prepared to open their senses in this manner, but everyone is capable of it. Often grief may cloud us to perceiving. As well, if you were not previously tuned in to Spirit, you may be expecting apparitions or dramatic events or occurrences as a sign from your dear ones. While these things do occasionally occur, a medium is tapping in to a more subtle level. For more Questions and Answers go to www. RightPathHealing.com. Find out: “Who can mediums connect with?” and “How can I learn to do this myself?” You do Energy Healing. What is that exactly? Energy Healing can take many forms, but underneath the modalities is the essence of working with and positively affecting the energies that make up and surround a person. Quantum physics can explain the details of how we are made up of energy. How are you able to affect my energy? I don’t understand how this works. Just as a medium has developed senses that can tune in to things more subtle, it is possible to develop the ability to tune in to the subtle feeling and presence of energy on this plane as well. Once able to perceive it, you can learn how to utilize and affect it to create positive change.
Energy & Crystal Healing Clears blocks and brings your system into balance
Medium Communicate with angels, guides or spirits Blessed Himalayan Salt Powerful angel blessing for Lisa Virtue an amazing healing bath RightPathHealing.com email@example.com (613) 296-4271
is actually a start in tuning in to the more subtle realm. If you are feeling particularly drawn to a person or method, start with that one. For more Questions and Answers go to www. RightPathHealing.com. Find out: “How are the problems in my life connected to energy? I don’t see how my health, relationships and finances relate to energy.” Lisa Virtue will help you to the root sources of your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dis-harmonies, which will bring you in your life and will help you to as your amazing true self. Be sure to check the website for some amazing specials, packages and new rewards program. Spirit stated this best in last month’s article, so here it is again: Lisa Virtue comes from a place of love and compassion in offering her services as an Energy Healer and Medium. It would be her great joy to offer an energy exchange with you as is custom in your society. She has reasonable prices that are reflective of her love and honour her great service. Know you will be held in a place of love, honour and respect. You may contact her via phone or via her wonderful website that is filled with further information for you. www.RightPathHealing.com And please do, if it is your calling to, connect with her via Facebook to engage in conversation and inspired wisdoms. www. Facebook. com/RightPathHealing
How do I know which method is right for me? There are so many. There is no one “right” method for everyone. That is why you must follow what appeals to you most. This
The SILVA LIFE System Empowering yourself for a Better You, a Better World
Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor & Silva Coach 1 800 226 4428 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.silvamethod.ca
3 s Dayly On
CHIMO HOTEL 1199 Joseph Cyr St.
January 18, 19 & 20, 2013 Psychics Tarot Cards Auras Palmistry Crystals Fortune Tellers Lectures and more...
Friday: 2pm-10pm Saturday: 11am-10pm Sunday: 11am-7pm Top professional Psychic readers. You’ve seen them on TV, you’ve heard them on the radio, you’ve read about them in the papers, now come in and get a reading for yourself. Find out what’s coming up in your love life, work, health and your finances. BE PREPARED FOR WHAT’S COMING UP!
2 for 1 with this ad Tone Magazine email@example.com www.tone.ca 613-435-TONE
Mailing address : Tone Magazine, 80 Terence Matthews, Suite 5, Kanata, ON K2M 2B4 December 2012
C.P.M. agreement # 40011389.